Genomes and Genes
Summary: Shock resulting from diminution of cardiac output in heart disease.
Publications285 found, 100 shown here
- Cardiogenic shock due to acute hemorrhagic necrosis of a pheochromocytoma: a case report and review of the literatureHassan A Mohamed
Department of Medicine, Regina General Hospital, Regina, Saskatchewan
Can J Cardiol 19:573-6. 2003..This case illustrates an unusual presentation of pheochromocytoma and emphasizes the importance of aggressive and appropriate medical therapy in pheochromocytoma heart disease...
- Cardiogenic shock: current concepts and improving outcomesHarmony R Reynolds
Leon H Charney Division of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, New York University School of Medicine, 530 First Ave, New York, NY 10016, USA
Circulation 117:686-97. 2008
- Thirty-year trends (1975 to 2005) in the magnitude of, management of, and hospital death rates associated with cardiogenic shock in patients with acute myocardial infarction: a population-based perspectiveRobert J Goldberg
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, 01655, USA
Circulation 119:1211-9. 2009..is available about potentially changing and contemporary trends in the incidence and hospital death rates of cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction...
- Oxidative stress and antioxidants in patients with cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarctionS Senthil
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608 002, Tamil Nadu, India
Clin Chim Acta 348:131-7. 2004..The view that an excess of lipid peroxidation products is present and is relevant in the pathogenesis of cardiogenic shock-induced damage has still not received definitive support.
- Using extracorporeal life support to resuscitate adult postcardiotomy cardiogenic shock: treatment strategies and predictors of short-term and midterm survivalMeng Yu Wu
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Resuscitation 81:1111-6. 2010..Postcardiotomy extracorporeal life support (ECLS) is a resource-demanding therapy with varied results among institutions. An organized protocol was necessary to improve the effectiveness of this therapy...
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation support for adult postcardiotomy cardiogenic shockWen Je Ko
Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei
Ann Thorac Surg 73:538-45. 2002Postcardiotomy cardiogenic shock occasionally develops in patients who have undergone cardiac procedures...
- Absence of gender differences in clinical outcomes in patients with cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction. A report from the SHOCK Trial RegistryS C Wong
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 38:1395-401. 2001The aim of this study was to assess the impact of gender on clinical course and in-hospital mortality in patients with cardiogenic shock (CS) complicating acute myocardial infarction (AMI).
- Initial experience with CentriMag extracorporal membrane oxygenation for support of critically ill patients with refractory cardiogenic shockTariq A Aziz
Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 29:66-71. 2010b>Cardiogenic shock refractory to conventional therapy has very high mortality and limited support options...
- Recent magnitude of and temporal trends (1994-1997) in the incidence and hospital death rates of cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction: the second national registry of myocardial infarctionR J Goldberg
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655, USA
Am Heart J 141:65-72. 2001..to describe the magnitude of, and temporal trends in, the incidence and case-fatality rates associated with cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction...
- Cardiogenic shock associated with reversible dilated cardiomyopathy during therapy with regular doses of venlafaxineJean Christophe Charniot
AP HP Avicenne Hospital, Department of Cardiology, Universite Paris 13, UFR SMBH, 125 route de Stalingrad, 93009 Bobigny Cedex, France
Am J Emerg Med 28:256.e1-5. 2010..major depressive disorder with usual doses of venlafaxine during an 8-month period until the occurrence of a cardiogenic shock in a context of dilated cardiomyopathy...
- Early revascularization is associated with improved survival in elderly patients with acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock: a report from the SHOCK Trial RegistryV Dzavik
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eur Heart J 24:828-37. 2003The SHould we emergently revascularize Occluded Coronaries in cardiogenic shocK (SHOCK) Trial showed no benefit of early revascularization in patients aged >/=75 years with acute myocardial infarction and cardiogenic shock...
- Veno-arterial extracorporeal membrane oxygenation using Levitronix centrifugal pump as bridge to decision for refractory cardiogenic shockClaudio F Russo
A De Gasperis Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Department, Niguarda Ca Granda Hospital, Milan, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 140:1416-21. 2010b>Cardiogenic shock still carries a very high mortality...
- Methamphetamine-associated acute myocardial infarction and cardiogenic shock with normal coronary arteries: refractory global coronary microvascular spasmJack P Chen
Department of Cardiology, Saint Joseph s Hospital of Atlanta, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 19:E89-92. 2007..Readers are recommended to be vigilant of potential illicit drug use in patients with atypical presentations of acute coronary syndromes...
- Use of Impella Recover 2.5 left ventricular assist device in patients with cardiogenic shock or undergoing high-risk percutaneous coronary intervention procedures: experience of a high-volume centerS Vecchio
Unit of Cardiology and Invasive Cardiology 2, Careggi Hospital, Florence, Italy
Minerva Cardioangiol 56:391-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility, safety and efficacy of the Impella Recover'' LP 2.5 left ventricular assist device in patients with cardiogenic shock or undergoing high-risk percutaneous coronary interventions.
- Comparison of percutaneous coronary intervention and coronary artery bypass grafting after acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock: results from the Should We Emergently Revascularize Occluded Coronaries for Cardiogenic Shock (SHOCK) Harvey D White
Green Lane Cardiovascular Service, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland 1030, New Zealand
Circulation 112:1992-2001. 2005The Should We Emergently Revascularize Occluded Coronaries for Cardiogenic Shock (SHOCK) trial demonstrated the survival advantage of emergency revascularization versus initial medical stabilization in patients developing cardiogenic ..
- Acute kidney injury in ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock at admissionGiancarlo Marenzi
Centro Cardiologico Monzino, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Institute of Cardiology of the University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Crit Care Med 38:438-44. 2010To evaluate the clinical and prognostic relevance of acute kidney injury (AKI) in the setting of ST-elevation acute myocardial infarction (STEMI) complicated by cardiogenic shock (CS).
- Outcomes and long-term quality-of-life of patients supported by extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for refractory cardiogenic shockAlain Combes
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 36:1404-11. 2008To assess the outcomes and long-term quality-of-life of patients supported by extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) for refractory cardiogenic shock.
- A case of acute eosinophilic myopericarditis presenting with cardiogenic shock and normal peripheral eosinophil countIl Suk Sohn
The Heart Center of Chonnam National University Hospital, Department of Forensic Medicine, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, Korea
Korean J Intern Med 21:136-40. 2006..previously healthy woman was transferred from a local clinic because of hypotension and dyspnea with sudden cardiogenic shock after a three day history of gastrointestinal illness...
- Early and intermediate results of rescue extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in adult cardiogenic shockJiangang Wang
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, Peoples Republic of China
Ann Thorac Surg 88:1897-903. 2009..We retrospectively evaluated the early and intermediate results of use of temporary extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) support and examined its effect on quality of life (QOL)...
- Microvascular alterations in patients with acute severe heart failure and cardiogenic shockDaniel De Backer
Department of Intensive Care, Erasme University Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Am Heart J 147:91-9. 2004..We hypothesized that microvascular blood flow alterations are present in patients with severe heart failure and cardiogenic shock.
- Early revascularization and long-term survival in cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarctionJudith S Hochman
Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
JAMA 295:2511-5. 2006b>Cardiogenic shock remains the major cause of death for patients hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction (MI)...
- The use of intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation in patients with cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction: data from the National Registry of Myocardial Infarction 2H V Barron
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Am Heart J 141:933-9. 2001b>Cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction (AMI) remains the leading cause of death in patients hospitalized with AMI...
- Correlates of one-year survival inpatients with cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction: angiographic findings from the SHOCK trialTimothy A Sanborn
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, Illinois 60201, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:1373-9. 2003..the core laboratory angiographic findings of "SHould we emergently revascularize Occluded Coronaries for cardiogenic shocK" (SHOCK) trial participants and to determine the relationship of angiographic parameters to one-year survival...
- Trends in acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock, 1979-2003, United StatesJing Fang
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341 3717, USA
Am Heart J 152:1035-41. 2006Acute myocardial infarction (AMI) complicated by cardiogenic shock is associated with high morbidity and mortality.
- Five-year results of 219 consecutive patients treated with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for refractory postoperative cardiogenic shockNicolas Doll
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Heart Center, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 77:151-7; discussion 157. 2004Postcardiotomy cardiogenic shock occurs in approximately 1% of patients. We prospectively evaluated the early and long-term outcome as well as predictors of survival when using temporary extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) support.
- [Takotsubo cardiomiopathy. A rare cause of cardiogenic shock simulating acute myocardial infarction]Jayro Thadeu Paiva de Vasconcelos
Hospital São Marcos, Teresina, PI
Arq Bras Cardiol 85:128-30. 2005....
- Experience with the Levitronix CentriMag circulatory support system as a bridge to decision in patients with refractory acute cardiogenic shock and multisystem organ failureRanjit John
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:351-8. 2007Patients with refractory acute cardiogenic shock and multisystem organ failure have a poor outcome with implantation of permanent ventricular assist devices...
- A multidisciplinary overview of cardiogenic shockMinoru Okuda
Department of Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Shock 25:557-70. 2006b>Cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction (AMI) is reviewed from multidisciplinary viewpoints encompassing both basic and clinical aspects...
- Racial and ethnic differences in the treatment and outcome of cardiogenic shock following acute myocardial infarctionSebastian T Palmeri
UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:1042-9. 2005..on the use of cardiac resources in patients who have acute myocardial infarction that is complicated by cardiogenic shock. The Should We Emergently Revascularize Occluded Coronaries for Cardiogenic Shock (SHOCK) trial examined the ..
- Modified release verapamil induced cardiogenic shockU Nanda
University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, UK
Emerg Med J 22:832-3. 2005b>Cardiogenic shock due to acute myocardial infarction is commonly seen in the accident and emergency department...
- Mortality after emergent percutaneous coronary intervention in cardiogenic shock secondary to acute myocardial infarction and usefulness of a mortality prediction modelLloyd W Klein
Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:35-41. 2005Although percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) in the setting of cardiogenic shock has a high in-hospital mortality rate, it has been shown to decrease the mortality rate in certain subgroups...
- Usefulness of procalcitonin for diagnosing complicating sepsis in patients with cardiogenic shockAlexander Geppert
Department of Cardiology, University of Vienna, AKH, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090, Vienna, Austria
Intensive Care Med 29:1384-9. 2003Patients in cardiogenic shock (CS) often present with signs of systemic inflammation that mimic infection, especially in the setting of multiple organ failure (MOF)...
- Trends in cardiogenic shock: report from the SHOCK Study. The SHould we emergently revascularize Occluded Coronaries for cardiogenic shocK?L Carnendran
St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University, New York, New York 10025, USA
Eur Heart J 22:472-8. 2001We analysed time trends in patient characteristics, management, and outcomes of cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction in the international, prospective SHOCK Trial Registry and pre-study Registry.
- Is persistent hypotension after transient cardiogenic shock associated with an inflammatory response?M Park
Laboratório de Pesquisa em Medicina Intensiva e Anestesiologia, Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa, Hospital Sirio Libanes, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 41:648-56. 2008We evaluated the recovery of cardiovascular function after transient cardiogenic shock. Cardiac tamponade was performed for 1 h and post-shock data were collected in 5 domestic large white female pigs (43 +/- 5 kg) for 6 h...
- Levitronix CentriMag to Berlin Heart Excor: a "bridge to bridge" solution in refractory cardiogenic shockAntonio Loforte
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
ASAIO J 55:465-8. 2009..The device, combined with Berlin Heart cannulas, was implanted in 30 patients suffering from acute cardiogenic shock with biventricular failure...
- Mechanical circulatory support devices improve tissue perfusion in patients with end-stage heart failure or cardiogenic shockCorstiaan A den Uil
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Heart Lung Transplant 28:906-11. 2009..This study evaluated the effects of mechanical circulatory support (MCS) on sub-lingual microcirculation as a surrogate for splanchnic microvascular perfusion...
- Implications of the timing of onset of cardiogenic shock after acute myocardial infarction: a report from the SHOCK Trial Registry. SHould we emergently revascularize Occluded Coronaries for cardiogenic shocK?J G Webb
St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 36:1084-90. 2000We sought to examine the implications of the timing of onset of cardiogenic shock (CS) after acute myocardial infarction (MI).
- Diabetes mellitus in cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction: a report from the SHOCK Trial Registry. SHould we emergently revascularize Occluded Coronaries for cardiogenic shocK?D M Shindler
UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 36:1097-103. 2000We sought to examine the role of diabetes mellitus in cardiogenic shock (CS) complicating acute myocardial infarction (AMI) in the SHOCK Trial Registry.
- Is the intra-aortic balloon pump a method of brain protection during cardiogenic shock after drug intoxication?Marianna Janion
Department of Cardiology, Swietokrzyskie Centrum Kardiologii, Kielce, Poland
J Emerg Med 38:162-7. 2010..It is hoped that reporting our experience will raise awareness of alternative treatment options for ingestions of cardiovascular medications...
- Clinical characteristics and in-hospital outcomes of patients with cardiogenic shock undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery: insights from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons National Cardiac DatabaseRajendra H Mehta
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC 27715, USA
Circulation 117:876-85. 2008There exist few studies that characterize contemporary clinical features and outcomes or risk factors for operative mortality in cardiogenic shock (CS) patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG).
- Levosimendan in cardiogenic shock: the magic drug for every patient?Peter Smetana
Crit Care Med 35:2862-4. 2007
- [Percutaneous extracorporeal circulation in cardiogenic shock caused by combined poisoning with methyldigoxin, nifedipine and indapamide]W Schmidt
Medizinische Klinik II, Stadtische Kliniken Kassel
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 120:996-1002. 1995..Empty packets of tablets pointed to poisoning with methyldigoxin, nifedipine and indapamide. Pupils reacted slowly to light and no peripheral blood pressure could be measured...
- Evaluation of continuous veno-venous hemofiltration for the treatment of cardiogenic shock in conjunction with acute renal failure after cardiac surgerySylvain Vidal
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care II, Professor Gérard Janvier, Cardiologic Hospital of Haut Lévêque, University Hospital of Bordeaux, Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 36:572-9. 2009..The aim of our observational study was to evaluate the impact of CVVH strategy on ARF in conjunction with cardiogenic shock after cardiac surgery and on its well-known associated poor outcome.
- In patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction with cardiogenic shock treated with percutaneous coronary intervention, admission glucose level is a strong independent predictor for 1-year mortality in patients without a prior diagnosis of diaMarije M Vis
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am Heart J 154:1184-90. 2007..PCI) reduces mortality in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) complicated by cardiogenic shock (CS). Despite PCI, mortality in CS is still approximately 50%...
- Effect of prolonged intra-aortic balloon pumping in patients with cardiogenic shock following acute myocardial infarctionJin Long Li
Department of Cardiology, Taian Center Hospital Shandong 271000, PR China
Med Sci Monit 13:CR270-74. 2007To evaluate the efficacy of prolonged intra-aortic balloon pumping (IABP) support in patients with cardiogenic shock following acute myocardial infarction (AMI).
- Comparison of pulsatile with nonpulsatile mechanical support in a porcine model of profound cardiogenic shockStavros G Drakos
University of Athens School of Medicine, Department of Clinical Therapeutics, Alexandra Hospital, Athens, Greece
ASAIO J 51:26-9. 2005..by intraaortic balloon counterpulsation (IABP) is an important adjunct to the treatment of profound cardiogenic shock (CS) with a widely used, nonpulsatile centrifugal pump (CP)...
- Predictive factors of major adverse cardiac events in acute myocardial infarction patients complicated by cardiogenic shock undergoing primary percutaneous coronary interventionSang Yup Lim
The Heart Center of Chonnam National University Hospital, Chonnam National University Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Gwangju, Korea
Circ J 69:154-8. 2005..and major adverse cardiac events (MACE) during long-term clinical follow-up of patients who developed cardiogenic shock (CS) after acute myocardial infarction (AMI) and who underwent primary percutaneous coronary intervention (..
- Dobutamine-norepinephrine, but not vasopressin, restores the ventriculoarterial matching in experimental cardiogenic shockOle Jakob How
Laboratory of Surgical Research, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Transl Res 156:273-81. 2010We assessed the hemodynamic effects of guideline therapy in experimental cardiogenic shock and compared this treatment with a combination containing an alternative vasopressor (arginine vasopressin, AVP)...
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery provides better survival in patients with acute coronary syndrome or ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction experiencing cardiogenic shock after percutaneous coronary intervention: a propensity score analysisFu Chun Chiu
National Taiwan University Hospital Yun Lin Branch, Dou Liou City, Yun Lin County, Taiwan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 138:1326-30. 2009The objective of this study was to find the best treatment strategy in patients who had acute coronary syndrome and ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction sustaining cardiogenic shock.
- Cardiogenic shock due to thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpuraH Lapp
HELIOS Klinikum Wuppertal, Universität Witten Herdecke Kardiologie, Medizinische Klinik 3, Arrenberger Str 20, 42117 Wuppertal, Germany
Z Kardiol 93:486-92. 2004We report the case of a 49-year-old man with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) leading to cardiogenic shock. Laboratory data were typical for TTP with thrombocytopenia and microangiopathic hemolytic anemia...
- Long-term outcome after coronary artery bypass grafting in cardiogenic shock or cardiopulmonary resuscitationPaul Sergeant
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Gasthuisberg University Hospital, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126:1279-86. 2003Coronary artery bypass grafting carried out in patients in cardiogenic shock or receiving cardiopulmonary resuscitation is an infrequently performed procedure, disrupting the normal process with a dramatic early risk...
- Right ventricular dysfunction is an independent predictor for mortality in ST-elevation myocardial infarction patients presenting with cardiogenic shock on admissionAnnemarie E Engstrom
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam 1105 AZ, The Netherlands
Eur J Heart Fail 12:276-82. 2010..myocardial infarction (STEMI) patients, mortality remains high in STEMI patients presenting with cardiogenic shock (CS)...
- The tragedy of TRIUMPH for nitric oxide synthesis inhibition in cardiogenic shock: where do we go from here?Alison Bailey
Gill Heart Institute and Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0200, USA
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 7:337-45. 2007b>Cardiogenic shock following an acute coronary syndrome (ACS) continues to be associated with significant mortality despite modern reperfusion strategies and inotropic support...
- Predictors of outcome after percutaneous treatment for cardiogenic shockA G C Sutton
Cardiothoracic Division, The James Cook University Hospital, Marton Road, Middlesbrough TS4 3BW, UK
Heart 91:339-44. 2005To determine predictors of outcome after percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) in patients with cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction.
- Delayed cardiogenic shock and acute lung injury after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageIves de Chazal
Division of Critical Care, Mayo Medical Center, Saint Marys Hospital, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Anesth Analg 100:1147-9. 2005..b>Cardiogenic shock is very uncommon...
- Spontaneous multivessel coronary vasospasm leading to cardiogenic shockGuilherme Bromberg-Marin
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0682, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 19:E85-8. 2007We report a case of spontaneous multivessel coronary vasospasm leading to anterior myocardial infarction and cardiogenic shock in the setting of treatment with methylphenidate and withdrawal from beta-blockers and calcium channel-..
- Percutaneous coronary intervention for acute MI does not prevent in-hospital development of cardiogenic shock compared to fibrinolysisMatias G Lindholm
Medical Department B, Division of Cardiology, Rigshospitalet, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Heart Fail 10:668-74. 2008It has been speculated that invasive revascularization prevents development of cardiogenic shock. Data from randomised trials comparing angioplasty with fibrinolysis on the development of cardiogenic shock are lacking.
- Cardiogenic shock and hypothyroidismA K Gupta
Zonal Hospital, Nahan
J Assoc Physicians India 54:793. 2006
- Acute aortic valve insufficiency and cardiogenic shock due to an isolated giant cell inflammation of the aortic valve leaflets: case report and review of the literatureLars Niclauss
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Heart Valve Dis 17:343-7. 2008..The present case appeared to be the first with isolated involvement of the valve leaflets by GCA, creating acute aortic valve insufficiency...
- Cardiogenic shock secondary to Tako-tsubo syndrome after debridement of malignant endobronchial obstructionJorge Guerrero
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Interventional Pulmonology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Chest 135:217-20. 2009..Postoperatively, cardiogenic shock developed and echocardiography revealed akinesis of the LV apex with an ejection fraction (EF) of 15%...
- Cardiogenic shock complicates successful treatment of refractory thrombotic thrombocytopenia purpura with rituximabP M Millward
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of North Carolina Hospitals, 101 Manning Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Transfusion 45:1481-6. 2005..Because of severe and fatal infusion reactions including heart failure, rituximab carries a boxed warning...
- Cardiogenic shock in patient with posterior postinfarction septal rupture--successful treatment with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) as a ventricular assist deviceVilem Rohn
Clinic of Cardiovascular Surgery, Charles University Teaching Hospital, U nemocnice 2, Prague 2, Czech Republic
J Card Surg 24:435-6. 2009We present the case of a 62-year-old female patient admitted to our center for cardiogenic shock due to large inferior myocardial infarct...
- Successful treatment of cardiogenic shock caused by humoral cardiac allograft rejectionShunsuke Saito
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Circ J 73:970-3. 2009..The present patient developed profound cardiogenic shock requiring extracorporeal life support on the 8th day after heart transplantation...
- Cardiogenic shock caused by severe coronary artery spasm immediately after coronary stentingAaron Wong
Department of Cardiology, National Heart Center, 17 Third Hospital Avenue, Singapore
Tex Heart Inst J 32:78-80. 2005..to intracoronary vasodilators administered via guiding catheter, resulted in pulmonary edema and cardiogenic shock. Local injection of nitroglycerin via a transit catheter in the coronary artery eventually resolved the ..
- Inflammation and cardiovascular diseases: lessons that can be learned for the patient with cardiogenic shock in the intensive care unitAlexander Geppert
Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit, 3 Department of Medicine, Wilhelminenhospital, Vienna, Austria
Curr Opin Crit Care 10:347-53. 2004..Recent data suggest that inflammation also plays an important role in the pathogenesis and outcome of cardiogenic shock. This review will summarize recent advances in the understanding of the pathophysiology of cardiogenic shock ..
- Percutaneous coronary intervention for cardiogenic shock in the SHOCK Trial RegistryJ G Webb
St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am Heart J 141:964-70. 2001The SHOCK Registry prospectively enrolled patients with cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction in 36 multinational centers.
- One-year survival among patients with acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock, and its relation to early revascularization: results from the GUSTO-I trialP B Berger
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Circulation 99:873-8. 1999Although 30-day survival is increased in patients with acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock who undergo coronary revascularization, the longer-term outcome in such patients and the duration of benefit from ..
- Cardiogenic shockSimon Topalian
Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ, USA
Crit Care Med 36:S66-74. 2008b>Cardiogenic shock is the most common cause of death in patients hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction and is associated with a poor prognosis...
- Dynamic left ventricular outflow tract obstruction: an unusual mechanism mimicking anterior myocardial infarction with cardiogenic shockA Di Chiara
Department of Cardiology, Hospital S Maria della Misericordia, Udine, Italy
Ital Heart J 2:60-7. 2001b>Cardiogenic shock is a frequent and threatening complication in the course of acute myocardial infarction...
- Long-term predictive factors of major adverse cardiac events in patients with acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shockEun Hui Bae
The Heart Center of Chonnam National University Hospital, Chonnam National University Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Gwangju, Korea
Korean J Intern Med 20:8-14. 2005b>Cardiogenic shock (CS) after acute myocardial infarction (AMI) develops in 5-10% of patients and it is associated with high mortality. The aim of this study is to assess the predictive factors of mortality for patients with AMI and CS.
- Temporary circulatory support with extra corporeal membrane oxygenation in adults with refractory cardiogenic shockH Liden
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Scand Cardiovasc J 43:226-32. 2009Early and long-term survival in patients suffering from cardiogenic shock is poor. Treatment with mechanical assist devices is complicated and expensive but claim to improve survival...
- Improved survival with ventricular assist device support in cardiogenic shock after myocardial infarctionJohn W C Entwistle
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Drexel University College of Medicine, Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Heart Surg Forum 6:316-9. 2003b>Cardiogenic shock after acute myocardial infarction is associated with a very high mortality rate.
- Long-term survival using intra-aortic balloon pump and percutaneous right ventricular assist device for biventricular mechanical support of cardiogenic shockBrett D Atwater
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, 321 S Owen Drive, Madison, WI 53705, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 20:E205-7. 2008..RV) involvement in acute inferior left ventricular (LV) myocardial infarction increases the risks of cardiogenic shock and in-hospital mortality...
- Percutaneous left ventricular assist devices vs. intra-aortic balloon pump counterpulsation for treatment of cardiogenic shock: a meta-analysis of controlled trialsJin M Cheng
Department of Cardiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Thoraxcenter, 3015 CE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 30:2102-8. 2009..ventricular assist devices (LVADs) with intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) counterpulsation in patients with cardiogenic shock. We performed a meta-analysis of controlled trials to evaluate potential benefits of percutaneous LVAD on ..
- Clinical utility of tissue Doppler imaging in patients with acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shockAdnan K Hameed
Department of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 6:11. 2008Echocardiography is widely used in the management of patients with cardiogenic shock (CS). Left ventricular ejection fraction (EF) has been shown to be an independent predictor of survival in CS...
- Cardiogenic shock secondary to combination of diltiazem and sotalolH Yorgun
Intern Med J 38:221-2. 2008
- Percutaneous ventricular assist device placement during active cardiopulmonary resuscitation for severe refractory cardiogenic shock after acute myocardial infarctionGary M Idelchik
Division of Cardiology, St Luke s Episcopal Hospital and the Texas Heart Institute, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 34:204-8. 2007b>Cardiogenic shock after acute myocardial infarction is associated with a high mortality rate despite modern reperfusion methods and intra-aortic balloon pump support...
- The use of low-dose insulin in cardiogenic shock due to combined overdose of verapamil, enalapril and metoprololTal Hasin
Department of Medicine, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Cardiology 106:233-6. 2006..We discuss the efficacy of glucose-insulin treatment in toxic cardiac depression and suggest that a low dose may be beneficial in similar cases...
- Improved survival after acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock with circulatory support and transplantation: comparing aggressive intervention with conservative treatmentWakkas Tayara
Department of Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 25:504-9. 2006..for patients with myocardial infarction has steadily improved, but remains poor for those developing cardiogenic shock. Utilization of re-vascularization, mechanical circulatory support and transplantation in these patients may ..
- Revascularization, stenting, and outcomes of patients with acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shockHarold L Dauerman
University of Vermont College of Medicine, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
Am J Cardiol 90:838-42. 2002..in mortality with early revascularization of patients with acute myocardial infarction (AMI) complicated by cardiogenic shock, and recent single-center studies have particularly suggested further benefit for coronary stenting...
- Spontaneous and simultaneous multivessel coronary spasm causing multisite myocardial infarction, cardiogenic shock, atrioventricular block, and ventricular fibrillationYao Tsung Chuang
Cardiovascular Study Group, Institute of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Circ J 73:1961-4. 2009..variant angina developed simultaneous anterior and inferior myocardial infarction, atrioventricular block, cardiogenic shock, and eventually ventricular fibrillation...
- Multiple organ failure in patients with cardiogenic shock is associated with high plasma levels of interleukin-6Alexander Geppert
Department of Cardiology, Intensive Care Unit, University of Vienna, Austria
Crit Care Med 30:1987-94. 2002..Although organ failure is also a common complication of cardiogenic shock (CS), IL-6 levels have been reported to be lower in patients with CS than in patients with septic shock...
- Use of a percutaneous left ventricular assist device for high-risk cardiac interventions and cardiogenic shockJoseph L Thomas
Division of Cardiology, Good Samaritan Hospital, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 22:360-4. 2010..We sought to describe the use of the TandemHeart percutaneous left ventricular assist device (PVAD) in a group of high-risk patients undergoing complex cardiovascular procedures...
- Early and late outcomes of 517 consecutive adult patients treated with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for refractory postcardiotomy cardiogenic shockArdawan Julian Rastan
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Heart Center, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 139:302-11, 311.e1. 2010Adult postcardiotomy cardiogenic shock potentially requiring mechanical circulatory support occurs in 0.5% to 1.5% of cases...
- Magnesium deficiency and cardiogenic shock after cardiopulmonary bypassW Storm
MeritCare Children s Hospital, Fargo, North Dakota 58122, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 64:572-7. 1997..We report a case of cardiogenic shock developing after cardiopulmonary bypass that was initially unresponsive to therapeutic intervention, but ..
- Combined use of Impella device and intra-aortic balloon pump to improve survival in a patient in profound cardiogenic shock post cardiac arrestAnjan Gupta
Aurora Cardiovascular Services, Aurora Sinai St Luke s Medical Centers, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health Milwaukee Clinical Campus, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 74:975-6. 2009Patients who suffer cardiogenic shock after cardiac arrest have a very poor prognosis. Left ventricular assist devices have proven to be useful in these patients to improve survival...
- Acute myocardial infarction with cardiogenic shock in a patient with acute aortic dissectionCyril Camaro
Department of Cardiology, Rijnstate Hospital, PO Box 9555, 6800 TA Arnhem, The Netherlands
Am J Emerg Med 27:899.e3-6. 2009..remains challenging for the emergency physician because it can resemble acute myocardial infarction with cardiogenic shock. The following case report illustrate this infrequent but critical situation...
- Trends in management and outcomes of patients with acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shockAnvar Babaev
Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
JAMA 294:448-54. 2005Early mechanical revascularization in patients with acute myocardial infarction (AMI) complicated by cardiogenic shock is a therapeutic strategy that reduces mortality...
- Cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction: expanding the paradigmJudith S Hochman
Division of Cardiology, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Ave, OBV A632, New York, NY 10016 9196, USA
Circulation 107:2998-3002. 2003
- Predictors of mortality in patients with acute myocardial infarction and cardiogenic shockToshiro Katayama
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Course of Medical and Dental Sciences, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Circ J 69:83-8. 2005Although cardiogenic shock (CS) is the leading cause of death for acute myocardial infarction (AMI) patients, reliable predictive factors in the acute stage, such as cardiovascular peptides, have not yet been identified.
- Intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation in patients with acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock: the prospective, randomized IABP SHOCK Trial for attenuation of multiorgan dysfunction syndromeRoland Prondzinsky
Department of Medicine III, Department of Biometrics and Statistics SU, Martin Luther University, Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Crit Care Med 38:152-60. 2010Patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) for acute myocardial infarction with cardiogenic shock (CS) are often treated with intra-aortic balloon pump counterpulsation (IABP), even though the evidence to support this ..
- Percutaneous coronary intervention for cardiogenic shock in the SHOCK trialJohn G Webb
St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:1380-6. 2003We examined the clinical, angiographic, and procedural characteristics determining survival after percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) for cardiogenic shock.
- [Ivabradine - a new therapeutic option for cardiogenic shock?]Felix Post
II Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitätsmedizin der Johannes Gutenberg Universität, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55131 Mainz
Herz 34:224-9. 2009..However, the approximate mortality of 70-80% of patients with cardiogenic shock following AMI has hardly improved despite the introduction of modern treatment strategies...
- Percutaneous ventricular assist devices for cardiogenic shockStephane Cook
Curr Heart Fail Rep 5:163-9. 2008b>Cardiogenic shock complicates up to 7% of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarctions and 2.5% of non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarctions, with an associated mortality of 50% to 70%...
- The effects of intra-aortic balloon pump support on macrocirculation and tissue microcirculation in patients with cardiogenic shockCorstiaan A den Uil
Thoraxcenter, Departments of Cardiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, s Gravendijkwal 230, Rotterdam NL 3015 CE, The Netherlands
Cardiology 114:42-6. 2009..It was the aim of this study to evaluate the effects of intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) counterpulsation on sublingual microcirculation as a model for tissue perfusion...
- Does tirofiban prevent platelet loss in patients after cardiogenic shock during continuous renal replacement therapy?Christian Storm
Department of Nephrology and Medical Intensive Care, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Crit Care 12:193. 2008..and colleagues present a pilot study investigating platelet function and platelet numbers in patients with cardiogenic shock and acute kidney failure undergoing continuous venovenous haemodialysis...
- Inotropic therapy for cardiac low output syndrome: comparison of hemodynamic effects of dopamine/dobutamine versus dopamine/dopexamineN E El Mokhtari
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Schittenhelmstr 12, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Eur J Med Res 13:459-63. 2008To examine the effects of a therapy with dopexamine/dopamine in comparison with a regimen of dobutamine/dopamine on the outcome of patients with profound cardiogenic shock.
- Impact of the New York State Cardiac Surgery and Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Reporting System on the management of patients with acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shockRenato A Apolito
Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, The Leon H Charney Department of Cardiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Am Heart J 155:267-73. 2008....
- Safety and efficacy of left ventricular assist device support in postmyocardial infarction cardiogenic shockBradley G Leshnower
Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 81:1365-70; discussion 1370-1. 2006b>Cardiogenic shock secondary to acute myocardial infarction (CS-AMI) is the leading cause of death in all acute coronary syndromes. Experience with the use of left ventricular assist devices (LVADs) in patients with CS-AMI is limited...
- Levosimendan in patients with cardiogenic shock undergoing surgical revascularization: a case seriesAndreas Lehmann
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Municipal Hospital, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Med Sci Monit 10:MT89-93. 2004..These properties could be advantageous in patients with myocardial ischemia requiring inotropic support...
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of intra-aortic balloon pump therapy in ST-elevation myocardial infarction: should we change the guidelines?Krischan D Sjauw
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 30:459-68. 2009Aims Intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation (IABP) in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) with cardiogenic shock is strongly recommended (class IB) in the current guidelines...
- Mechanisms and Regulation of Inducible Nitric Oxide SynthaseJOSEPH EDWARD SABAT; Fiscal Year: 2010..Several chronic inflammatory diseases including atherosclerosis, sepsis, cardiogenic shock, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, and transplant rejection all involve over-expression or ..
- Preclinical evaluation of NOS inhibitors for the treatment of pancreatic cancerChristopher M Counter; Fiscal Year: 2010..molecular weight inhibitors of NOS enzymes have been tested in phase I to III clinical trials of septic and cardiogenic shock. Capitalizing on the development of NOS inhibitors for the treatment of other diseases, we tested and found ..
- Small molecular weight eNOS inhibitors for the treatment of pancreatic cancerCHRISTOPHER COUNTER; Fiscal Year: 2012..weight inhibitors of NOS enzymes have been developed and tested in human clinical trials of septic and cardiogenic shock. Capitalizing on the development of NOS inhibitors for the treatment of other diseases, we tested and found ..
- THE PEDIATRIC SEPSIS BIOMARKER RISK MODELHector R Wong; Fiscal Year: 2010..systems relevant to this challenge topic: blood (coagulopathy), vascular (distributive shock), cardiac (cardiogenic shock), and respiratory (acute respiratory distress syndrome) function...
- PumpKIN Preclinical ProgramJANET SIMONS; Fiscal Year: 2010..be weaned from cardiopulmonary bypass after surgery;2) have severe primary respiratory failure or secondary failure associated with cardiac disease;and 3) experience profound cardiogenic shock and require urgent support.
- PumpKIN Preclinical ProgramJANET SIMONS; Fiscal Year: 2011..be weaned from cardiopulmonary bypass after surgery;2) have severe primary respiratory failure or secondary failure associated with cardiac disease;and 3) experience profound cardiogenic shock and require urgent support.
- PumpKIN Preclinical ProgramBartley Griffith; Fiscal Year: 2012..be weaned from cardiopulmonary bypass after surgery;2) have severe primary respiratory failure or secondary failure associated with cardiac disease;and 3) experience profound cardiogenic shock and require urgent support.
- PumpKIN Preclinical ProgramBartley Griffith; Fiscal Year: 2013
- Effects of Vasoactive Drugs on Perfusion in Septic ShockPatrick Murray; Fiscal Year: 2005..Standard indicators of adequate tissue perfusion which are used to titrate therapy in hypovolemic or cardiogenic shock are unreliable in hyperdynamic septic shock...
- Development of an Implantable "Plug and Play" TransApical to Aorta VADStephen Topaz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Likewise, Cardiogenic Shock (CS) is a serious clinical condition responsible for a majority of early deaths from acute myocardial ..
- Identifying Low-Risk Patients with Pulmonary EmbolismDrahomir Aujesky; Fiscal Year: 2005..e., major bleeding, respiratory failure [RF], cardiogenic shock, cardiac arrest) or processes of care (i.e...
- A simple ventricular assist device for short term cardiac supportJonathan Haft; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Cardiogenic shock can occur after open heart surgery or in association with myocardial infarctions, and carries a high mortality...
- VASCULAR INTERACTION WITH AGE IN MYOCARDIAL INFARCTIONSteven Schulman; Fiscal Year: 2004..outcomes are related to the cardiac consequences of the infarct itself, namely left ventricular dysfunction, cardiogenic shock, and congestive heart failure; in spite of the fact that indices of infarct size tend to decrease with age...
- IMPROVING OUTCOMES AND QUALITY OF LIFE AFTER CABGMary Charlson; Fiscal Year: 1999..e., myocardial infarction, pulmonary edema, cardiogenic shock or low flow state), cognitive complications (defined by a summary definition which includes improvement and ..
- NEUROMUSCULAR TRANSMISSION IN ARTERIES AND VEINSVIOLETA MUTAFOVA YAMBOLIEVA; Fiscal Year: 2007..suggest strategies for interrupting or preventing pathological conditions associated with sympathetic hyperactivity and vascular dysfunctions such as hypertension, cardiogenic shock, congestive heart failure, hemorrhage.
- NOS Inhibitor Therapy for Cardiogenic ShockSteven Gross; Fiscal Year: 2003..to develop a novel pharmacotherapy that may save lives of tens of thousands of patients that develop cardiogenic shock each year in the USA. Cardiogenic shock is lethal in an estimated 60 percent of cases, and occurs in approx...
- CLINICAL LEFT VENTRICULAR BYPASS STUDIESWILLIAM BERNHARD; Fiscal Year: 1980..They will include those who cannot be adequately resuscitated at the end of a cardiac surgical operation, and others who develop cardiogenic shock within 72 hours following an uncomplicated cardiac surgical procedure.
- MAGNESIUM IN CORONARIESSonja McKinlay; Fiscal Year: 2000..treatment and assess the tolerableness of magnesium, secondary endpoint will include the development of cardiogenic shock, ventricular fibrillation, congestive heart failure, and conduction delay that requires the placement of a ..
- COMPACT, SERVO-REULATED CARDIO-PULMONARY SUPPORT SYSTEMTHERESE DAVY; Fiscal Year: 1990..have application in the interventional cardiology support system would have application in the interventional cardiology laboratory, for cardiogenic shock and for patients requiring temporary support prior to or after cardiac surgery.
- TUBULAR PEDIATRIC VENTRICULAR ASSIST DEVICERobert Kung; Fiscal Year: 1993..treatment modality for adult patients requiring support due to post-cardiotomy pump failure or post-AMI cardiogenic shock, and as bridge to transplant...
- NONBLOOD CONTACTING BIVENTRICULAR SUPPORTJames Lowe; Fiscal Year: 1999..DMVA support has been applied to 3 patients with refractory cardiogenic shock with 2 long-term survivors...
- Intraventricular Cardiac Assist System for Decompression and RecoveryCaitlyn Bosecker; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed system would be directly applicable to acute heart failure patients (e.g. those suffering from cardiogenic shock subsequent to acute myocardial infarction, myocarditis, or open heart surgery), which includes approximately ..
- ASSIST PUMPING IN MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION AND SHOCKWalter Pae; Fiscal Year: 1992b>Cardiogenic Shock (CS) has emerged as the primary cause of death in patients hospitalized for acute myocardial infarction (AMI). Mortality remains in the range of 60-90%...
- TOSCA-2 An Angiographic Substudy of the Occluded Arter*Vladimir Dzavik; Fiscal Year: 2004..The Data Coordinating Center (DCC) is the Maryland Medical Research Institute, the DCC of OAT. The An2iogiraphic Core Laboratory is at the University of British Columbia. ..
- A Validated Micro-Structural Mechanical Model of Coronary ArteriesGhassan S Kassab; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Bradykinin Receptor Antagonism During Cardiopulmonary BypassMias Pretorius; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies promise to provide important information regarding the effects of drugs that interrupt the RAS and generate new strategies to reduce morbidity in patients undergoing CPB. ..
- Novel Imaging to Predict Cardiovascular Events in DiabetesZahi A Fayad; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is our expectation that our data will be utilized to evaluate and improve existent treatment and develop effective new therapies to decrease the burden of atherosclerotic disease in diabetes. ..
- Biological Markers of Recovery for the KidneyJohn A Kellum; Fiscal Year: 2010..For analyses requiring serial samples and urine samples, we propose to study a subset of trial patients enrolled at 5 sites who consent to additional sample collection (208 patients) ..
- ACTION - A CHF Trial Investigating Outcomes of ExerciseGregg Fonarow; Fiscal Year: 2006..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- Effects of the DASH Diet in AlbuminuriaDavid Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2003..Thus we will test the hypothesis that the DASH dietary pattern ameliorates albuminuria. Reduction of albuminuria and the underlying defects that it represents is an important medical and public health goal. ..
- OXYGEN RADICALS AND POSTISCHEMIC DYSFUNCTIONRoberto Bolli; Fiscal Year: 2002..Elucidation of the mechanism of late PC should facilitate the development of drugs that duplicate its powerful cardioprotective effects. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A CHRONIC ARTIFICIAL LUNGBartley Griffith; Fiscal Year: 2001..5) Develop and validate a closed-loop, flow control algorithm to ensure fail-safe pumping by the CAL spinning disc(s); incorporate algorithm into a controller unit to be part of the overall CAL system. ..
- BIOENGINEERING-BIOLOGIC STUDY OF NON-PULSATILE PERFUSIONBartley Griffith; Fiscal Year: 2003..From these experiments, we believe that we will provide significant new information regarding tissue perfusion and arterial adaptation to, and possible impairment from, diminished or non-existent flow pulse. ..
- Neighborhood Disparities and Access to Cardiac CareJing Fang; Fiscal Year: 2003..This would be important for policy to eliminate the health disparity. ..
- VENTRICULAR DYSFUNCTION AFTER SUBARACHNOID HEMORRHAGEJonathan Zaroff; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Strain Controlled LVAD Unloading and Post MI RemodelingBARTLEY PERRY GRIFFITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Accordingly, we will learn the impact of controlled strain after large infarction with an interventionally applied micro VAD. ..
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Therapy for Myocardial RegenerationRoberto Bolli; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results may eventually lead to the development of novel therapeutic strategies in patients with ischemic heart disease. ..
- Systems Engineering of Pheresis Intervention for SepsisJohn Kellum; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will also call on the expertise of two companies, one specializing in adsorbent polymer technology (MedaSorb Technologies, LLC) and the other in complex systems modeling (Immunetrics, Inc.). ..
- SHOCK TRIAL: LONG-TERM SURVIVAL AND STATISTICAL SUPPORTLynn Sleeper; Fiscal Year: 2004This application for a renewal of the SHOCK Trial (Early Revascularization for Cardiogenic Shock: Data Coordinating Center) is to support long-term follow-up of SHOCK Trial survivors and extended analyses of the Trial patient database...
- Strain induced myopathy in post infarction heart failureJoseph Gorman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Risk factors for cardiac injury after SAHJonathan Zaroff; Fiscal Year: 2006..5. To test the hypothesis that SAH-induced cardiac dysfunction is associated with decreased systolic blood pressure and increased inpatient mortality. ..
- Mechanisms of CardioprotectionRoberto Bolli; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- BIOENGINEERING-BIOLOGIC STUDY OF NON-PULSATILE PERFUSIONBartley Griffith; Fiscal Year: 2002..From these experiments, we believe that we will provide significant new information regarding tissue perfusion and arterial adaptation to, and possible impairment from, diminished or non-existent flow pulse. ..
- Tree-Structured Prediction Model for Outcomes after PCIAbdissa Negassa; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pressure and Flow-Induced Remodeling of Coronary ArteriesGhassan S Kassab; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term goal of this research is to develop optimal therapies to restore the oxidative balance in CAD. ..
- Logical Analysis of Data and Cardiac Surgery RiskEugene Blackstone; Fiscal Year: 2006..Hence, the applicability of this work goes beyond determination of risk of patients undergoing cardiac surgery. ..