Genomes and Genes
tricuspid valve insufficiency
Summary: Backflow of blood from the right ventricle into the right atrium, owing to imperfect functioning of the tricuspid valve.
Publications232 found, 100 shown here
- Should stitch annuloplasty really be abandoned for developed flexible prosthetic band or ring in functional tricuspid regurgitation?Senol Yavuz
Bursa Yuksek Ihtisas Education and Research Hospital, Bursa 16330, Turkey
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:736. 2007
- The tricuspid valve: current perspective and evolving management of tricuspid regurgitationJason H Rogers
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Davis Medical Center, 4860 Y St, Suite 2820, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Circulation 119:2718-25. 2009..In this article, we review the anatomy, pathophysiology, and value of mechanical correction of TR, including potential transcatheter therapies for TR...
- Recommendations for evaluation of the severity of native valvular regurgitation with two-dimensional and Doppler echocardiographyWilliam A Zoghbi
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:777-802. 2003
- Role of natriuretic peptides in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with carcinoid heart diseaseJ M Zuetenhorst
Department of Gastroenterology, Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 90:2073-9. 2004..A significantly better survival was observed in case of normal NT-proBNP values. In conclusion, NT-proBNP is helpful as a simple marker in the diagnosis of CHD. Survival is better in patients with normal levels of NT-proBNP...
- Serial noninvasive assessment of progressive pulmonary hypertension in a rat modelJohn E Jones
Department of Surgery, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 283:H364-71. 2002..These data indicate that transthoracic echocardiography can be used for monitoring the progress of pulmonary hypertension in a rat model...
- Progression of isolated tricuspid regurgitation late after mitral valve surgery for rheumatic mitral valve diseaseChisato Izumi
Department of Cardiology, Tenri Hospital, Nara, Japan
J Heart Valve Dis 11:353-6. 2002..The study aim was to investigate severe isolated TR late after mitral valve surgery for rheumatic mitral valve disease...
- Predictors of residual tricuspid regurgitation after mitral valve surgeryKatsuhiko Matsuyama
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Tenri Hospital, Tenri, Nara, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1826-8. 2003..Whether preoperative tricuspid regurgitation (TR) will regress or progress late after surgery is unknown. The aim of this study was to evaluate predictors of significant TR late after mitral valve surgery...
- Three-dimensional geometry of the tricuspid annulus in healthy subjects and in patients with functional tricuspid regurgitation: a real-time, 3-dimensional echocardiographic studyShota Fukuda
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Desk F15, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Circulation 114:I492-8. 2006..The purpose of this study was therefore to investigate the 3D geometry of the TA in healthy subjects and in patients with functional tricuspid regurgitation (TR)...
- Tricuspid annular motion as a predictor of severe right ventricular failure after left ventricular assist device implantationSarinya Puwanant
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 27:1102-7. 2008..We sought to determine pre-operative right heart echocardiographic predictors of post-LVAD severe RV failure...
- Geometric and hemodynamic determinants of functional tricuspid regurgitation: a real-time three-dimensional echocardiography studyYong Hyun Park
Division of Cardiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Poongnap2 Dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Cardiol 124:160-5. 2008..The geometric and hemodynamic determinants of functional tricuspid regurgitation (FTR) have not yet been established. Geometric alterations in the tricuspid valve can be accurately determined using 3-dimensional echocardiography...
- Surgery for functional tricuspid regurgitation: current techniques, outcomes and emerging conceptsShahzad G Raja
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Harefield Hospital, Middlesex, UK
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 7:73-84. 2009..A better understanding of the mechanisms of functional tricuspid regurgitation will help explain the failure of current techniques and be a help to modify existing surgical techniques or develop new techniques...
- Management of tricuspid valve regurgitationManuel J Antunes
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University Hospital, Coimbra, Portugal
Heart 93:271-6. 2007
- Elevated pulmonary artery pressure by Doppler echocardiography predicts hospitalization for heart failure and mortality in ambulatory stable coronary artery disease: the Heart and Soul StudyBryan Ristow
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:43-9. 2007..We compared the predictive ability of tricuspid regurgitation (TR) and end-diastolic pulmonary regurgitation (EDPR) gradients in outpatients with coronary artery disease...
- Progression of tricuspid regurgitation after repaired functional ischemic mitral regurgitationAkira Matsunaga
The International Heart Institute of Montana Foundation, Saint Patrick Hospital and Health Sciences Center, University of Montana, Missoula, Montana, USA
Circulation 112:I453-7. 2005..It can also appear de novo. The aim of this study was to analyze TR in a group of patients who underwent successful revascularization and mitral valve repair (MVRep) for functional ischemic mitral regurgitation (MR)...
- Tricuspid incompetence and geometry of the right ventricle as predictors of right ventricular function after implantation of a left ventricular assist deviceEvgenij V Potapov
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Heart Lung Transplant 27:1275-81. 2008..Right ventricular (RV) dysfunction develops in 20% to 50% of patients after LVAD implantation, leading to prolonged ICU stay and elevated mortality. However, the prediction of RV failure remains difficult...
- Eight-year outcomes of tricuspid annuloplasty using autologous pericardial strip for functional tricuspid regurgitationByung Chul Chang
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Yonsei Cardiovascular Center and Research Institute, Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Ann Thorac Surg 86:1485-92; discussion 1493. 2008..We compared the long-term results of newly developed tricuspid annuloplasty procedure using autologous pericardial strip with that of conventional suture annuloplasty...
- Reversible pulmonary hypertension, tricuspid regurgitation and right-sided heart failure associated with hyperthyroidism: case report and review of the literatureHector F Lozano
Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, FL, USA
Cardiol Rev 12:299-305. 2004..This is especially important because hyperthyroidism is a treatable entity and its cardiac manifestations may be completely reversible...
- Determinants of surgical outcome in patients with isolated tricuspid regurgitationYong Jin Kim
Cardiovascular Center, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Circulation 120:1672-8. 2009..We sought to identify preoperative predictors of clinical outcomes after surgery in patients with severe tricuspid regurgitation...
- Secondary tricuspid regurgitation or dilatation: which should be the criteria for surgical repair?Gilles D Dreyfus
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, Harefield Hospital, Harefield, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 79:127-32. 2005..The purpose of this prospective study was to determine whether surgical repair of the tricuspid valve based on tricuspid dilatation rather than TR could lead to potential benefits...
- Geometric determinants of functional tricuspid regurgitation: insights from 3-dimensional echocardiographyThanh Thao Ton-Nu
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Circulation 114:143-9. 2006..We aimed to examine the 3D geometry of the tricuspid valve annulus (TVA) in patients with functional TR, comparing them with patients with normal tricuspid valve function and relating annular geometric changes to functional TR...
- Percutaneous caval stent valve implantation: investigation of an interventional approach for treatment of tricuspid regurgitationAlexander Lauten
Department of Internal Medicine I Cardiology, Angiology, Pneumology, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Eur Heart J 31:1274-81. 2010..Herein, we report our experience of treatment by percutaneous implantation of valved stents in the inferior vena cava (IVC) and superior vena cava (SVC) to substitute tricuspid valve function in a model of acute insufficiency...
- Follow-up after surgical closure of congenital ventricular septal defectG Bol-Raap
Department of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 24:511-5. 2003..The purpose of this retrospective study was to assess long-term outcome of children after surgical closure of a ventricular septal defect (VSD)...
- Assessment of pulmonary vascular resistance by Doppler echocardiography in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertensionNedim Selimovic
Department of Cardiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Heart Lung Transplant 26:927-34. 2007..The aim of the present study was to investigate whether Doppler echocardiography can be used to determine PVR in patients with PAH...
- Tricuspid valve repair: durability and risk factors for failurePatrick M McCarthy
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Desk F24, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:674-85. 2004..To compare durability of tricuspid valve annuloplasty techniques, identify risk factors for repair failure, and characterize survival, reoperation, and functional class of surviving patients...
- Determination of cardiac output by the Fick method, thermodilution, and acetylene rebreathing in pulmonary hypertensionM M Hoeper
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 160:535-41. 1999..We conclude that thermodilution and acetylene rebreathing are useful tools for assessing cardiac output in patients with pulmonary hypertension, even in the presence of low cardiac output or severe tricuspid regurgitation...
- Extension of Doppler-derived echocardiographic measures of pulmonary vascular resistance to patients with moderate or severe pulmonary vascular diseaseAntonios P Vlahos
Child Health Department, Pediatric Cardiology Division, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:711-4. 2008..Pulmonary vascular resistance (PVR) is a critical parameter in the assessment and treatment of patients with pulmonary hypertension, regardless of origin. Noninvasive estimation of PVR could be helpful...
- Outcome of 121 patients with congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteriesJ M Rutledge
Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 23:137-45. 2002..We support a move toward an alternative surgical approach (double switch procedure) in carefully selected patients...
- Latent tricuspid valve rupture after motor vehicle accident and routine echocardiography in all chest-wall traumasSuchi Khurana
Cardiovascular Investigations Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide 5000, SA, Australia
Tex Heart Inst J 36:615-7. 2009..Because the clinical diagnosis of tricuspid valve rupture can be difficult, we believe that echocardiography should be used early and, if necessary, repeatedly in all patients who sustain blunt chest-wall trauma...
- Tricuspid regurgitation in mitral valve disease incidence, prognostic implications, mechanism, and managementAvinoam Shiran
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Lady Davis Carmel Medical Center and the Ruth and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:401-8. 2009..5 cm) is the best criterion for performing the annuloplasty. In this article we will review the current data available for understanding the prognostic implications, mechanism, and management of TR in patients with MV disease...
- Functional tricuspid regurgitation in rheumatic heart disease: surgical optionsMumraiz Salik Naqshband
Department of Research, CME, Lahore, Pakistan
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 16:417-25. 2010....
- Outcomes of definitive surgical repair for congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries or double outlet right ventricle with discordant atrioventricular connections: risk analyses in 189 patientsToshiharu Shin'oka
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, The Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:1318-28, 1328.e1-4. 2007....
- The clover technique for the treatment of complex tricuspid valve insufficiency: midterm clinical and echocardiographic results in 66 patientsElisabetta Lapenna
Department of Cardiac Surgery, San Raffaele University Hospital, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 37:1297-303. 2010..This study assesses the results of the 'clover technique' (suturing together the middle point of the free edges of the tricuspid leaflets) for the treatment of tricuspid regurgitation (TR) due to severe prolapse or tethering...
- Progressive tricuspid valve disease in patients with congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteriesL R Prieto
Department of Pediatrics, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Circulation 98:997-1005. 1998..The relative importance of these factors in long-term outcome has not been evaluated...
- Outcome of significant functional tricuspid regurgitation late after mitral valve replacement for predominant rheumatic mitral stenosisAyca Boyaci
Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Department of Cardiology, Ankara, Turkey
Angiology 58:336-42. 2007..Therefore, further studies are needed to evaluate the effect of concomitant tricuspid valve repair on the late outcome of patients undergoing mitral valve surgery in order to prevent significant late morbidity...
- Clinical and echocardiographic impact of functional tricuspid regurgitation repair at the time of mitral valve replacementVincent Chan
Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 88:1209-15. 2009..We examined patients undergoing mitral valve replacement (MVR) to determine the effect of TR and tricuspid valve repair on survival, functional status, and postoperative TR...
- Which patient undergoing mitral valve surgery should also have the tricuspid repair?Giacomo Bianchi
Department of Adult Cardiac Surgery, Heart Hospital G Monasterio Foundation, Massa, Italy
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 9:1009-20. 2009..Annuloplasty ring repair has better outcome compared with non-ring based repair techniques; the beneficial effect is also independent of the type of mitral valve surgery performed...
- Indications for tricuspid valve detachment in closure of ventricular septal defect in childrenLior Sasson
Angela and Sami Shamoon Cardiothoracic Department, The Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Ann Thorac Surg 82:958-63; discussion 963. 2006....
- Hyperthyroidism presenting as isolated tricuspid regurgitation and right heart failureTanya E Whitner
The Department of Internal Medicine, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina 28203, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 32:244-5. 2005..In a case of isolated, unexplained tricuspid regurgitation, it is important to consider indolent hyperthyroidism in the differential diagnosis...
- Traumatic tricuspid insufficiency after horse kickKarsten Knobloch
Division of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Trauma 56:694-6. 2004
- [Pulmonary hypertension associated with refractory hyperthyroidism: a case report]M Okada
Division of Cardiology, Fuchu Hospital, Hiko-cho 1-10-17, Izumi, Osaka 594-0076
J Cardiol 37:277-83. 2001..In addition, pulmonary endothelial dysfunction as a result of sustained increased pulmonary blood flow could be another cause of pulmonary hypertension...
- Suture bicuspidization of the tricuspid valve versus ring annuloplasty for repair of functional tricuspid regurgitation: midterm results of 237 consecutive patientsRavi K Ghanta
Division of Cardiac Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:117-26. 2007..We reviewed our experience with tricuspid posterior annular bicuspidization versus ring tricuspid annuloplasty for treatment of functional tricuspid regurgitation...
- [Hyperthyroidism associated with pulmonary hypertension]B Agraou
Service de cardiologie et des soins intensifs, C.H. Douar
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 89:765-8. 1996..This case supports the hypothesis of a non-autoimmune aetiology of some causes of pulmonary hypertension in diseases of the thyroid...
- Traumatic tricuspid insufficiency: a case report with a review of the literatureG Dounis
Intensive Care Unit, Athens General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Eur J Emerg Med 9:258-61. 2002..More recently, a more aggressive strategy, with surgical repair of the valve performed before deterioration of the right ventricular function occurs, has been advocated...
- Traumatic tricuspid insufficiency--a case reportBasil M Rudusky
Northeast Cardiovascular Clinic and Research Institute, Wilkes Barre, PA, USA
Angiology 53:229-33. 2002..A patient with a combination of myocardial contusion, valve laceration, and papillary muscle rupture is presented...
- A rabbit model with acute thrombo-embolic pulmonary hypertension created with echocardiography guidanceHong Mao Chen
Department of Ultrasound Diagnostics, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, China
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:221-7. 2008..This could ultimately facilitate preclinical research and clinical research in humans...
- Right ventricular reduction as an adjunct procedure in tricuspid valve repairUtz Kappert
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Heart Centre Dresden, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 85:e27-9. 2008....
- Adjunctive procedures in degenerative mitral valve repair: tricuspid valve and atrial fibrillation surgeryPatrick M McCarthy
Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611 2908, USA
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 19:121-6. 2007..For patients with permanent AF, there is evidence that a connecting lesion to the mitral valve annulus will increase success and that biatrial lesion sets will provide the best long-term freedom from AF...
- Tricuspid valve annuloplasty with a flexible prosthetic bandGiuseppe Gatti
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Division of Cardiac Surgery, Ospedali Riuniti di Trieste, Strada di Fiume 447, 34100 Trieste, Italy
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:731-5. 2007..077, 0.061, and 0.097, respectively)...
- Intracardiac thrombosis and acute right ventricular failure following complex reoperative cardiac surgery with aprotinin and deep hypothermic circulatory arrestMarc E Stone
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 11:177-84. 2007..A review of those hypercoagulable disorders with reported impact on cardiac surgery and a discussion follow the case presentation...
- [Adult mitral and tricuspid valve regurgitation due to patent ductus arteriosus combined with atrial fibrillation; report of a case]Kazunori Yoshida
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Akashi Medical Center, Akashi, Japan
Kyobu Geka 57:1127-30. 2004..Postoperative echocardiogram showed good mitral and tricuspid valve function. He recovered well after the operation and was discharged in stable sinus rhythm...
- Regression of significant tricuspid regurgitation after mitral balloon valvotomy for severe mitral stenosisHwaida Hannoush
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Am Heart J 148:865-70. 2004..However, the effect of successful mitral balloon valvotomy (MBV) on significant TR is not fully elucidated. The aim of this study was to investigate TR after MBV in patients with severe mitral stenosis...
- [Recurrence of tricuspid regurgitation in a patient with a rheumatic fever after mitral valve implantation with concomitant tricuspid valve annuloplasty]Urszula Czubek
Klinika Choroby Wiencowej, Krakowski Szpital Specjalistyczny im Jana Pawła II, ul Pradnicka 80, 31 202, Krakow, Poland
Kardiol Pol 65:1097-100. 2007..This complication occurred after mitral valve implantation and tricuspid valve annuloplasty. Diagnosis and treatment of this condition following rheumatic fever are discussed...
- Mitral valve replacement and tricuspid valve repair in a patient with sickle cell diseaseG Lazopoulos
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Athens Medical Center, Athens, Greece
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 56:56-7. 2008....
- Tricuspid valve prosthetic annuloplastyLeo A Bockeria
Bakoulev Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery, Moscow Roublevskoye Shosse 135, 121552, Russia
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:735-6. 2007
- [Observation of the right atrial wall suture line after tricuspid valve supra-annular implantation]Yoshiharu Enomoto
Department of Surgery, Cardiovascular Institute Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Kyobu Geka 57:953-6. 2004..This finding may support the conclusion that the right atrial wall has enouth strength for holding a prosthetic valve in position...
- Functional biventricular repair using left ventricle-pulmonary artery conduit in patients with discordant atrioventricular connections and pulmonary outflow tract obstruction-does conduit obstruction maintain tricuspid valve function?Masahiro Koh
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, National Cardiovascular Center, 5 7 1 Fujishiro dai, 565 8565 Suita, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 26:767-72. 2004....
- Tear in mitral anterior leaflet as a complication of Manouguian's procedure in a woman with an aortic valve prosthesisAlev Arat-Ozkan
Istanbul University, Institute of Cardiology, Istanbul, Turkey
J Heart Valve Dis 13:630-1. 2004..The case is reported of a woman with aortic valve replacement and annular enlargement who had mitral regurgitation due to a tear in the anterior mitral leaflet as a complication of Manouguian's annulus enlargement...
- Severe symptomatic tricuspid valve regurgitation due to permanent pacemaker or implantable cardioverter-defibrillator leadsGrace Lin
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:1672-5. 2005..We report a series of patients with severe tricuspid valve regurgitation due to a permanent pacemaker (PPM) or implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) lead...
- Mesothelial/monocytic incidental cardiac excrescenceMohammad Ali Boroumand
Department of Clinical Research, Tehran Heart Center, Medical Sciences University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Cardiovasc Pathol 17:124-5. 2008..Histopathologic examination suggested MICE lesions and immunohistochemical stains confirmed it...
- [Whipple's disease endocarditis: report of 5 cases and review of the literature]H Aïouaz
Service de Bacteriologie, Hopital Louis Pradel, 59, boulevard Pinel, 69500 Bron, France
Rev Med Interne 26:784-90. 2005..Endocarditic lesions (infectious endocarditis) associated with Whipple's disease are exceptional. We report five cases from the cardiovascular and pneumologic hospital Louis Pradel in Lyon...
- Adjustable segmental tricuspid annuloplasty: a new modified techniqueAnas Sarraj
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, Autonoma University, Madrid, Spain
Ann Thorac Surg 83:698-9. 2007..Adjustable segmental tricuspid annuloplasty is a new modified technique that tries to reduce the incidence of failure in De Vega annuloplasty and adjusts and distributes the pursing forces in the more dilated area...
- Comparative echocardiographic analysis of mitral and tricuspid annular motion: differences explained with proposed anatomic-structural correlatesAngel Lopez-Candales
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 2582, USA
Echocardiography 24:353-9. 2007..We elected to use M-mode to examine the extent and timing of mitral and tricuspid AM events...
- Prediction of outcome in patients undergoing surgery for severe tricuspid regurgitation following mitral valve surgery and role of tricuspid annular systolic velocityDong A Kwon
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Cardiol 98:659-61. 2006..In conclusion, S(T') can predict postoperative clinical outcomes in these patients...
- De Vega annuloplasty for tricuspid valve repair in posttraumatic tricuspid insufficiency--16 years experienceChristoph Bara
Int J Cardiol 126:e61-2. 2008..In conclusion De Vega tricuspid annuloplasty can be recommended for tricuspid reconstruction...
- Artificial chordae for pediatric mitral and tricuspid valve repairRody Boon
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, Netherlands
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 32:143-8. 2007..To evaluate pediatric atrioventricular valve repair with artificial chordae...
- The 'Valve Racket': a new and different concept of atrioventricular valve repairJosé M Bernal
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hospital Universitario Valdecilla, E 39008 Santander, Spain
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 29:1026-9. 2006..Mitral regurgitation due to prolapse of the mitral leaflets frequently compromises annuloplasty repair procedures. We present a new annuloplasty ring that overcomes this difficulty, preventing displacement of the leaflets into the atrium...
- Sex-specific long-term outcomes after combined valve and coronary artery surgeryTorsten Doenst
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 81:1632-6. 2006..The purpose of this study is to compare sex-specific, long-term outcomes after combined valve and coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG)...
- ECG of the month. Dyspnea and palpitations 16 years after tricuspid and aortic valve replacement. Atrial tachycardia (possibly slow atrial flutter) with 4:3 type I (Wenckebach) atrioventricular block, right bundle branch block, and left anterior fasciculaD Luke Glancy
Section of Cardiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, USA
J La State Med Soc 158:5-6. 2006
- Modified semicircular constricting annuloplasty (Sagban's annuloplasty) in severe functional tricuspid regurgitation: alternative surgical technique and its mid-term resultsIbrahim Goksin
Cardiovascular Surgery Department, Heart Center, Pamukkale University Hospital, Denizli, Turkey
J Card Surg 21:172-5. 2006..The aim of this new annuloplasty was to prevent Bowstring phenomenon seen in De Vega annuloplasty...
- Surgical management of infective endocarditisDavinder S Jassal
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Heart Valve Dis 15:115-21. 2006..The study aim was to evaluate the surgical management of individuals with culture-positive active IE at a Canadian tertiary care university hospital...
- The year in valvular heart diseaseShahbudin H Rahimtoola
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, LAC USC Medical Center, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:427-39. 2006
- Transvenous bifocal left ventricular pacing after mechanical prosthetic tricuspid valve replacement with use of echocardiography to optimize pacing parametersJ Alberto Lopez
Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 18:233-7. 2007..Echocardiographic and Doppler parameters were used to optimize interventricular as well as septal-to-lateral left ventricular (LV) time delay and reduce or avoid interventricular and LV mechanical dyssynchrony...
- Noninvasive estimation of right ventricular filling pressure by ratio of early tricuspid inflow to annular diastolic velocity in patients with and without recent cardiac surgeryLeyla Elif Sade
Department of Cardiology, University of Baskent Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:982-8. 2007..We aimed to determine whether the ratio of early tricuspid inflow to annular diastolic velocity (E/E') could be used to estimate RV filling pressure in patients with and without recent cardiac surgery...
- [Tricuspid regurgitation associated with heart failure]Kenji Okada
Division of Cardiovascular, Thoracic and Pediatric Surgery, Department of Cardio Pulmonary and Vascular Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 65:512-6. 2007
- Echocardiographic insights into atrial and ventricular mechanisms of functional tricuspid regurgitationZe Zhou Song
Am Heart J 154:e9; author reply e11. 2007
- Impact of the maze operation combined with left-sided valve surgery on the change in tricuspid regurgitation over timeHyung Kwan Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Circulation 112:I14-9. 2005..We hypothesized that the maze operation (MAZE) can prevent the progression of tricuspid regurgitation (TR) in these patients...
- Targeted disruption of hesr2 results in atrioventricular valve anomalies that lead to heart dysfunctionHiroki Kokubo
Division of Mammalian Development, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Japan
Circ Res 95:540-7. 2004..Because of the unique spectrum of cardiac anomalies expressed by hesr2-null mice, they represent a useful model system for elucidating the genetic basis of heart dysfunction...
- Tricuspid valve repair in hypoplastic left heart syndromeRichard G Ohye
Division of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:465-72. 2004..The results of tricuspid valve repair in this challenging patient population remain largely unknown...
- Tricuspid valve detachment in closure of congenital ventricular septal defectJinping Zhao
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 430030 Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Tex Heart Inst J 30:38-41. 2003..All patients remained in sinus rhythm. This study suggests that tricuspid valve detachment is a safe, effective technique that improves exposure for ventricular septal defect repair and does not adversely affect valve competence...
- [Immediate and long-term results of 790 mitral valve replacements]V Vidal
Clinique chirurgicale cardiovasculaire et thoracique, , Rennes
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 85:169-74. 1992..3%), 188 in NYHA class II (35.3%) and 29 in NYHA class III or IV (5.4%). Mitral valve replacement should be considered early as the immediate and long-term results are closely related to the preoperative myocardial function...
- Dura mater mitral and tricuspid bioprostheses: 30 years of follow-upLuiz Boro Puig
Department of Cardiopneumology of the Heart Institute, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Hosp Clin Fac Med Sao Paulo 58:163-8. 2003..Here, we present the clinical results of the dura mater bioprosthesis over 30 years of follow-up...
- Reductive annuloplasty of double orifices in patients with primary dilated cardiomyopathyNinoslav Radovanović
Clinic of Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Novi Sad, Yugoslavia
Ann Thorac Surg 73:751-5. 2002..The aim of this study is to show hemodynamic and clinical improvement after reductive annuloplasty of both mitral and tricuspid orifices in primary dilated cardiomyopathy...
- Tricuspid regurgitation secondary to mitral valve disease: tricuspid annulus function as guide to tricuspid valve repairT Colombo
Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery 'A. De Gasperis, Ospedale Niguarda Ca'Granda, Piazza Ospedale Maggiore 3, 20162, Milano, Italy
Cardiovasc Surg 9:369-77. 2001..Fractional shortening of the tricuspid annulus, expression of right ventricular cardiomyopathy in patients with poorest prognosis, affects the postoperative evolution of tricuspid insufficiency...
- [Repair for atrioventricular valve regurgitation using autologous pericardium: report of a case]S Uchikawa
Department of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Kyobu Geka 56:565-8. 2003..We repaired the right-sided atrioventricular valve using an autologous pericardial valve leaflet and sub-valvular tissue. The postoperative course was uneventful, and he has been free from any complication for 33 months...
- [Reoperation for a Starr-Edwards ball valve prosthesis implanted in mitral position 31 years ago]M Goshima
Department of Second Surgery, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Kyobu Geka 56:535-40. 2003..This experience made us realize again the importance of attention to the complications related to a prosthetic valve like a cloth wear during long-term follow-up for the Starr-Edwards ball valve...
- A case for anatomic correction in atrioventricular discordance? Effects of surgery on tricuspid valve functionM Jahangiri
Cardiothoracic Unit, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, Great Ormond St, London WC1N 3JH, United Kingdom
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 121:1040-5. 2001..To assess tricuspid valve function in atrioventricular discordance after palliative procedures (pulmonary artery banding and Blalock-Taussig shunt) and corrective procedures (anatomic and physiologic repair)...
- Changes in left ventricular morphology and function in end-stage dilated cardiomyopathy after reductive annuloplasty of double mitral and tricuspid orificesN Radovanovic
University Clinic of Cardiovascular Surgery, Novi Sad, Yugoslavia
J Card Surg 17:201-4. 2002....
- Surgical treatment of tricuspid valve dysplasia in the neonatal periodGianfranco Butera
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, Istituto Policlinico San Donato, Via Morandi, 30 20097 San Donato, Milanese, MI
Ital Heart J 4:211-3. 2003..The child was successfully submitted to implantation of a 15 mm pulmonary stentless heterograft valve using the top-hat technique...
- Mitral valve replacement and tricuspid annuloplasty via right mini-thoracotomy in a patient with tracheostomyNecip Becit
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Ataturk University Medical Faculty, Atatürk University Loj No 8 7, 25240 Erzurum, Turkey
Heart Vessels 18:103-4. 2003..Three months later, the patient was asymptomatic. We believe that the right mini-thoracotomy approach is a good technique for mitral valve replacement in patients with tracheostomy...
- Reversible left ventricular function after tricuspid valve replacement for a patient with congenital isolated severe tricuspid regurgitationMing Jui Hung
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Keelung, Taiwan
Echocardiography 19:517-20. 2002..The left ventricular dysfunction, reversible in this case, may have been the result of right ventricular volume overload, resulting in ventricular septal paradox...
- Secondary mitral and tricuspid regurgitation accompanying left ventricular systolic dysfunction: is it important, and how is it treated?Benjamin H Trichon
Am Heart J 144:373-6. 2002
- [Double discordance with ventricular septal defect and pulmonary artery hypertension. A study of 21 cases]E Dadez
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:621-6. 1990..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Reproducibility of the proximal flow convergence method in mitral and tricuspid regurgitationGeorg Grossmann
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Am Heart J 147:721-8. 2004..The follow-up of patients with mitral and tricuspid regurgitation is important for their clinical treatment. We aimed to evaluate the reproducibility of the flow convergence method in mitral and tricuspid regurgitation...
- The Coapsys device to treat functional mitral regurgitation: in vivo long-term canine studyMasahiro Inoue
Department of Bioengineering, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:1068-76; discussion 1076-7. 2004..We evaluated the capability of the Myocor Coapsys device (Myocor, Inc, Maple Grove, Minn) to reduce functional mitral regurgitation in a canine model of dilated cardiomyopathy...
- [A study of isolated tricuspid valve surgery late after left heart valve operation]N Hibino
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Yamanashi Prefectural Central Hospital, Kofu, Japan
Kyobu Geka 55:479-82. 2002....
- [Surgery of endomyocardial fibrosis. Apropos of 32 cases]C Dubost
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:481-6. 1990..There were no recurrence of EMF. Despite a high mortality rate, the authors suggest that all symptomatic EMF should benefit from endocardial resection...
- [Biventricular MR volumetric analysis and MR flow quantification in the ascending aorta and pulmonary trunk for quantification of valvular regurgitation]M B Rominger
Abteilung Strahlendiagnostik, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Marburg
Rofo 176:342-9. 2004....
- The "clover technique" as a novel approach for correction of post-traumatic tricuspid regurgitationO Alfieri
Department of Cardiac Surgery, S Raffaele University Hospital, Milan, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126:75-9. 2003..To describe a novel technique, named "clover," to correct complex post-traumatic tricuspid valve lesions...
- [Early and subsequent results of operation of trivalvular diseases]Bogdan Stefaniak
Kliniki Kardiochirurgii Instytutu Kardiologii Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Łodzi
Wiad Lek 56:348-52. 2003..Three patients died subsequently in the first, second and third year after operation. The causes of subsequent deaths among the patients examined in the period of five years after the operation were thrombotic-embolic complications...
- Contrasting effect of similar effective regurgitant orifice area in mitral and tricuspid regurgitation: a quantitative Doppler echocardiographic studyChristophe M Tribouilloy
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 15:958-65. 2002..Therefore, a similar ERO area grading scheme can be used, and an ERO area of 40 mm(2) or greater is consistent with severe regurgitation in both TR and MR...
- Prevalence of birth defects among infants of Gulf War veterans in Arkansas, Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, and Iowa, 1989-1993Maria Rosario G Araneta
Department of Defense Center for Deployment Health Research, Naval Health Research, Center, San Diego, California, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 67:246-60. 2003..This study was conducted to measure the prevalence of birth defects among infants of GWVs and nondeployed veterans (NDV) in states that conducted active case ascertainment of birth defects between 1989-93...
- Pulmonary Hypertension and the Hypoxic Response in SCDVictor Gordeuk; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 3. Using micro array analysis and high throughput genotyping, examine patterns of gene expression and candidate gene polymorphisms of the HIF-mediated hypoxic response in SCD and CP patients with and without PHTN. ..
- SEVERE MALARIAL ANEMIA AND ALTERED IMMUNE FUNCTIONVictor Gordeuk; Fiscal Year: 2004..The nutritional status, underlying parasitic infections, and genotypes and numbers of infecting P. falciparum strains will also be characterized. ..
- Howard-CNMC Sickle Cell Disease Clinical CenterVictor Gordeuk; Fiscal Year: 2008..A major feature of both sickle cell programs has always been continuity of care and participation in collaborative research. ..
- 13C and 15N MRS Study of glutamate control in epilepsyBrian Ross; Fiscal Year: 2009..Together these studies will contribute to a better understanding of the regulatory events of the GLN/GLU cycle in KA and increase potential to replace surgical management of temporal lobe epilepsy. ..
- PASADENA: Ultra-fast Carbon 13 Imaging for Early Diagnosis of CancerPratip Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biopolymer injection for treatment of ischemic MRJudy Hung; Fiscal Year: 2007..Van Wedeen) and cardiovascular physiology and surgery (Dr. Vlahakes). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISM & THERAPY OF POST-MI MITRAL REGURGITATIONJudy Hung; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- OXYGEN SENSING AND SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONH Bunn; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease in Filipina WomenMARIA ARANETA; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- REGULATION OF THE ERYTHROPOIETIN GENEH Bunn; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies should provide unique and highly relevant information about common mechanisms of oxygen sensing, signal transduction and gene regulation that enable organisms to adapt to hypoxia. ..