Genomes and Genes
pulmonary valve insufficiency
Summary: Backflow of blood from the pulmonary artery into the right ventricle, owing to imperfect functioning of the pulmonary valve.
Publications195 found, 100 shown here
- Optimal timing for pulmonary valve replacement in adults after tetralogy of Fallot repairJudith Therrien
Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Cardiol 95:779-82. 2005..12). In no patients with a RV end-diastolic volume >170 ml/m2 or a RV end-systolic volume >85 ml/m2 before pulmonary valve replacement were RV volumes "normalized" after surgery...
- Right ventricular function in adults with repaired tetralogy of Fallot assessed with cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging: detrimental role of right ventricular outflow aneurysms or akinesia and adverse right-to-left ventricular interactionPeriklis A Davlouros
Department of Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:2044-52. 2002....
- Biventricular response after pulmonary valve replacement for right ventricular outflow tract dysfunction: is age a predictor of outcome?Alessandra Frigiola
Cardiothoracic Unit, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, UK
Circulation 118:S182-90. 2008..We wanted to assess the determinants of improvement after PVR for pulmonary regurgitation over a wide range of patient ages and to use any identified predictors to compare clinical outcomes between patient groups...
- Remodelling of the right ventricle after early pulmonary valve replacement in children with repaired tetralogy of Fallot: assessment by cardiovascular magnetic resonanceEmanuela R Valsangiacomo Buechel
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University Children s Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Heart J 26:2721-7. 2005..We sought to assess the remodelling of the RV after early PVR in children, using cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR)...
- Short- and medium-term outcomes after transcatheter pulmonary valve placement in the expanded multicenter US melody valve trialDoff B McElhinney
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Mass 10032, USA
Circulation 122:507-16. 2010..The Melody valve was recently approved in the United States for placement in dysfunctional right ventricular outflow tract conduits...
- Effects of pulmonary insufficiency on biventricular function in the developing heart of growing swineTitus Kuehne
Division of Pediatric Cardiology and Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, Calif 94143, USA
Circulation 108:2007-13. 2003..This study was conducted to determine the effects of chronic pulmonary insufficiency (PI) on right (RV) and left (LV) ventricular function in young growing swine...
- Pulmonary regurgitation end-diastolic gradient is a Doppler marker of cardiac status: data from the Heart and Soul StudyBryan Ristow
California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 18:885-91. 2005..Echocardiograms routinely sample pulmonary regurgitation signals from which it is possible to measure end diastolic gradients; these correlate with pulmonary artery diastolic pressures...
- Randomized trial of pulmonary valve replacement with and without right ventricular remodeling surgeryTal Geva
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 122:S201-8. 2010..This trial was conducted to investigate whether the addition of surgical RV remodeling with exclusion of scar tissue to PVR would result in improved RV function and laboratory and clinical parameters, as compared with PVR alone...
- Preoperative thresholds for pulmonary valve replacement in patients with corrected tetralogy of Fallot using cardiovascular magnetic resonanceThomas Oosterhof
Academic Medical Center, Department of Cardiology, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 116:545-51. 2007..To facilitate the optimal timing of pulmonary valve replacement, we analyzed preoperative thresholds of right ventricular (RV) volumes above which no decrease or normalization of RV size takes place after surgery...
- Sequential magnetic resonance monitoring of pulmonary flow with endovascular stents placed across the pulmonary valve in growing SwineT Kuehne
Department of Radiology, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Circulation 104:2363-8. 2001..VEC MRI has the ability to quantify pulmonary blood flow inside the lumen of nitinol stents. MRI appears to be ideally suited for monitoring patients with endovascular nitinol stents in the pulmonary artery or pulmonary valve position...
- Consequences of a selective approach toward pulmonary valve replacement in adult patients with tetralogy of Fallot and pulmonary regurgitationFolkert J Meijboom
Department of Cardiology, Sophia Children s Hospital, Erasmus MC University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 135:50-5. 2008..The aim of the study was to assess the long-term results of a selective policy toward pulmonary valve replacement in adult patients with repaired tetralogy of Fallot and severe pulmonary regurgitation...
- Magnetic resonance imaging to assess the hemodynamic effects of pulmonary valve replacement in adults late after repair of tetralogy of fallotHubert W Vliegen
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands H W Vliegen LUMC nl
Circulation 106:1703-7. 2002..In this study, MRI was used to assess the effect of PVR on RV function and PR. Clinical improvement was established by means of the NYHA classification...
- Pulmonary regurgitation after tetralogy of Fallot repair: clinical features, sequelae, and timing of pulmonary valve replacementNaser M Ammash
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 2:386-403. 2007..Early results of percutaneous pulmonary valve replacement are also promising...
- Medium term outcome for infant repair in tetralogy of Fallot: Indicators for timing of surgeryAdrian Ooi
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Wessex Cardiothoracic Centre, Southampton University Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton, United Kingdom
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 30:917-22. 2006..To assess the impact of early corrective surgery on the short and medium term outcome in tetralogy of Fallot (TOF)...
- Pulmonary valve replacement in patients with tetralogy of Fallot and pulmonary regurgitation: early surgery similar to optimal timing of surgery?Ernst E van der Wall
Eur Heart J 26:2614-5. 2005
- Differential regurgitation in branch pulmonary arteries after repair of tetralogy of Fallot: a phase-contrast cine magnetic resonance studyI Seok Kang
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Toronto School of Medicine, Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
Circulation 107:2938-43. 2003..This phase-contrast cine magnetic resonance (PC MR) study was performed to evaluate the relative contribution of each lung to total regurgitant volume...
- Long-term follow-up of homograft function after pulmonary valve replacement in patients with tetralogy of FallotThomas Oosterhof
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 27:1478-84. 2006..To analyse the long-term outcomes after pulmonary valve replacement (PVR) in patients with a previous correction for tetralogy of Fallot...
- Late pulmonary valve replacement after repair of tetralogy of FallotB Discigil
Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 121:344-51. 2001..Subsequent re-replacement may be necessary to maintain functional improvement...
- Tetralogy of fallot: 3D velocity-encoded MR imaging for evaluation of right ventricular valve flow and diastolic function in patients after correctionAnnelies E van der Hulst
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Radiology 256:724-34. 2010....
- Two-dimensional and Doppler echocardiography reliably predict severe pulmonary regurgitation as quantified by cardiac magnetic resonancePierangelo Renella
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Mattel Children s Hospital at the University of California, Los Angeles UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 23:880-6. 2010..Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging is the clinical gold standard for PR quantification. The purpose of this study was to determine the best 2D and Doppler echocardiographic predictors of severe PR...
- Effect of altering pathologic right ventricular loading conditions by percutaneous pulmonary valve implantation on exercise capacityPhilipp Lurz
Cardiovascular Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health and Cardiorespiratory Unit, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK
Am J Cardiol 105:721-6. 2010..A reduction in the RVOT gradient, even small gradients, was the only independent predictor of improved peak oxygen uptake in both patient groups, irrespective of improved pulmonary valve competence...
- Pulmonary valve replacement after tetralogy of Fallot repair in preadolescent patientsC Wesley Lindsey
Sibley Heart Center Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 89:147-51. 2010..Most studies addressing the role of PVR have examined older adolescents or adults. Less is known about the potential benefits of PVR in preadolescents with TOF and significant right ventricular dilatation...
- Variability in surgical referral patterns for pulmonary valve replacement in adults with repaired tetralogy of fallotRachel M Wald
Toronto General Hospital Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Congenit Heart Dis 4:231-8. 2009..Pulmonary regurgitation (PR) is one of the most prevalent postoperative sequelae, but timing of pulmonary valve replacement (PVR) in the asymptomatic TOF patient remains controversial...
- Effects of pulmonary valve replacement on QRS duration and right ventricular cavity size late after repair of right ventricular outflow tract obstructionAbdul R Doughan
Adult Congenital Cardiac Program, Emory University Hospital School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
Am J Cardiol 95:1511-4. 2005..93, p <0.0001) as well as after (r = 0.82, p <0.001) PVR. In patients with pulmonary regurgitation late after repair of RV outflow tract obstruction, PVR reduces maximal QRS duration with a concomitant decrease in RV volumes...
- One hundred pulmonary valve replacements in children after relief of right ventricular outflow tract obstructionKirk R Kanter
Department of Surgery, and the Sibley Heart Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 73:1801-6; discussion 1806-7. 2002..We reviewed our experience with PVR late after RVOT reconstruction...
- Outcome of pulmonary valve replacements in adults after tetralogy repair: a multi-institutional studyThomas P Graham
Department of Pediatrics Division of Cardiology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 3:162-7. 2008....
- The impact of pulmonary valve replacement after tetralogy of Fallot repair: a matched comparisonAungkana Gengsakul
The Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Toronto, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 32:462-8. 2007..We sought to determine the impact of PVR on clinical outcomes...
- Recommendations for evaluation of the severity of native valvular regurgitation with two-dimensional and Doppler echocardiographyWilliam A Zoghbi
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:777-802. 2003
- Refining the assessment of pulmonary regurgitation in adults after tetralogy of Fallot repair: should we be measuring regurgitant fraction or regurgitant volume?Rachel M Wald
Department of Cardiology, Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults, Peter Munk Cardiac Centre, University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital, North Wing, 5N 517, 585 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
Eur Heart J 30:356-61. 2009..We hypothesized that a volumetric expression of PR would be a better measure of ventricular preload and a more accurate reflection of degree of insufficiency...
- Pulmonary regurgitation in congenital heart diseaseRajiv R Chaturvedi
Division of Cardiology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Heart 93:880-9. 2007
- Predicting outcome of pulmonary valve replacement in adult tetralogy of Fallot patientsIvo R Henkens
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ann Thorac Surg 83:907-11. 2007..Predicting changes in right ventricular (RV) size and function after pulmonary valve replacement (PVR) is important for timely reintervention in adult tetralogy of Fallot patients...
- Detection of left ventricular asynchrony in patients with right bundle branch block after repair of tetralogy of Fallot using tissue-Doppler imaging-derived strainMohamed Y Abd El Rahman
Department of Congenital Heart Disease, Deutsches Herzzentrum, Berlin, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:915-21. 2005..We aimed to investigate whether patients after tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) repair with right bundle branch block have left ventricular (LV) asynchrony and to assess the influence of ventricular asynchrony on regional and global LV function...
- Pulmonary regurgitation: not a benign lesionBeatriz Bouzas
Adult Congenital Heart Centre, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London SW3 6NP, UK
Eur Heart J 26:433-9. 2005..This in turn has facilitated decision making on the optimal timing for elective pulmonary valve replacement (PVR), which should be performed before irreversible RV dysfunction ensues...
- Expanding the indications for pulmonary valve replacement after repair of tetralogy of fallotKenneth G Warner
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Tufts New England Medical Center and Boston Floating Hospital, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 76:1066-71; discussion 1071-2. 2003..However the indications, proper timing, and long-term benefits of restoring pulmonary valve function remain controversial...
- Early insertion of a pulmonary valve for chronic regurgitation helps restoration of ventricular dimensionsHitendu Hasmukhlal Dave
Division of Congenital Cardiac Surgery, University Children s Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Thorac Surg 80:1615-20; discussion 1620-1. 2005..This study assesses the results of early insertion of a pulmonary valve for chronic pulmonary regurgitation based on right ventricular volume measurements...
- Risk factors for early pulmonary valve replacement after valve disruption in congenital pulmonary stenosis and tetralogy of FallotBrian Kogon
Departments of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 138:103-8. 2009..We analyze potential factors that are related to the interval between pulmonary valve disruption and pulmonary valve replacement...
- Pulmonary regurgitation: the effects of varying pulmonary artery compliance, and of increased resistance proximal or distal to the compliancePhilip J Kilner
CMR Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital and Imperial College, London, UK
Int J Cardiol 133:157-66. 2009....
- Percutaneous insertion of the pulmonary valvePhilipp Bonhoeffer
Cardiothoracic Unit, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1664-9. 2002..We report our experience of percutaneous valve insertion in pulmonary position in humans...
- Homograft insertion for pulmonary regurgitation after repair of tetralogy of fallot improves cardiorespiratory exercise performanceB Eyskens
Department of Pediatric and Congenital Cardiology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Cardiol 85:221-5. 2000..Although the right ventricle remains significantly dilated and hypocontractile, there is no relation between RV function and exercise performance...
- The effects of breath-holding on pulmonary regurgitation measured by cardiovascular magnetic resonance velocity mappingBengt Johansson
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 11:1. 2009..Breath-hold acquisitions, usually acquired during held expiration, are more convenient than the non-breath-hold approach, but we hypothesized that breath-holding might affect the amount of pulmonary regurgitation...
- Relief of branch pulmonary artery stenosis reduces pulmonary valve insufficiency in a swine modelChristopher J Petit
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 138:382-9. 2009We sought to determine the impact of relieving branch pulmonary artery stenosis on pulmonary valve insufficiency and right ventricular function...
- Impact of pulmonary valve replacement on arrhythmia propensity late after repair of tetralogy of FallotJ Therrien
University of Toronto Congenital Cardiac Center for Adults, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 103:2489-94. 2001....
- Determinants and assessment of pulmonary regurgitation in tetralogy of Fallot: practice and pitfallsAndrew N Redington
Division of Cardiology, Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Cardiol Clin 24:631-9, vii. 2006..This article describe the primary determinants of pulmonary regurgitation after the repair of tetralogy of Fallot. Furthermore, the methods by which pulmonary regurgitation is measured and some of the pitfalls therein are highlighted...
- [Right ventricular restoration in adult patients after TOF surgery]C Carlucci
Ospedale Policlinico San Donato IRCCS, San Donato, Milanese
Pediatr Med Chir 30:9-15. 2008....
- Late complications of repair of tetralogy of Fallot and indications for pulmonary valve replacementMichael M H Cheung
Division of Cardiology, Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, M5G 1X8 Ontario, Canada
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 17:155-9. 2005..In this article we review the existing literature regarding the deleterious effects of chronic PR in these patients and the current data regarding the timing and mode of intervention...
- Repaired tetralogy of Fallot in the adultMarion E McRae
Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Prog Cardiovasc Nurs 20:104-10. 2005..Issues related to genetics, pregnancy, infective endocarditis, insurability, and employment are also reviewed with specific reference to the individual with repaired tetralogy of Fallot...
- [Comparison of right ventricular function between prevention and enlargement of pulmonary valve annulus after repair of tetralogy of Fallot; mid-term results]T Hiramatsu
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Nagano Children s Hospital, Japan
Kyobu Geka 58:1049-52. 2005..The exercise capacity was also good and no significant arrhythmia was recognized. Our mid-term results showed that appropriate enlargement of the pulmonary valve annulus preserved good RV function in patients with TOF...
- Severe pulmonary valvar insufficiency should be aggressively treatedCarl L Backer
Division of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60614, United States of America
Cardiol Young 15:64-7. 2005
- Late replacement of the pulmonary valve: when and what type of valve?James A Quintessenza
Congenital Heart Institute of Florida, All Children s Hospital, University of South Florida, Saint Petersburg, Florida 33701, United States of America
Cardiol Young 15:58-63. 2005
- Comparison of echocardiographic and cardiac magnetic resonance imaging for assessing right ventricular function in adults with repaired tetralogy of fallotMarkus Schwerzmann
Division of Cardiology, Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Cardiol 99:1593-7. 2007..In conclusion, the Doppler-derived MPI is a simple and reliable method for the evaluation of RV systolic function in adults with repaired tetralogy of Fallot...
- Optimal size of a monocusp patch for reconstruction of a hypoplastic pulmonary root: an experimental study in pigsJ F Matthias Bechtel
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 79:2103-8. 2005..Theoretically, a monocusp patch can reduce patch-related pulmonary regurgitation, but the optimal size relation between the implant and the native hypoplastic pulmonary root is not well defined...
- Late pulmonary valve implantation after repair of tetralogy of FallotShengli Yin
Division of Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0117, USA
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 13:139-42. 2005..It was concluded that late pulmonary valve implantation after tetralogy of Fallot repair had significant benefits and carried low operative risk...
- [Tetralogy of Fallot: evolution of medical-surgical management (part 2)]C Carlucci
Cardiologia Cardiochirurgia Pediatrica, IRCCS Policlinico San Donato, San Donato, Milanese
Pediatr Med Chir 29:239-43. 2007..The second part approaches the surgical corrections and tries to explain the reinterventional causes and the residual defects responsible of cardiac failure...
- Factors related to the durability of a homograft monocusp valve inserted during repair of tetralogy of Fallot as based on the mid- to long-term outcomesJi Hyuk Yang
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Cardiol Young 18:141-6. 2008..In this study, we have evaluated the mid- to long-term outcomes, aiming to determine the durability of the homograft...
- Chronic pulmonary valve insufficiency after repaired tetralogy of Fallot: diagnostics, reoperations and reconstruction possibilitiesAlexander Kadner
University of Zurich, Division of Congenital Cardiovascular Surgery, University Children s Hospital, Steinwiesstrasse 75, CH 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 5:221-30. 2007..However, late residual lesions, primarily chronic pulmonary valve insufficiency, may have a negative impact on right-ventricular function, leading to the need for reoperation to ..
- Pulmonary insufficiency is the nexus of late complications in tetralogy of FallotDavid Gregg
Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program, Division of Cardiology, Medical University of South Carolina, 135 Rutledge Avenue, Suite 1201, PO Box 250592, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 9:315-22. 2007..Thus, the timing of surgery must be carefully considered, weighing the up-front risks of surgery and possible repeat surgery against the risk of ongoing pulmonary regurgitation...
- Right ventricular outflow tract reconstruction for pulmonary regurgitation after repair of tetralogy of Fallot. Preliminary resultsOlivier Ghez
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, The Heart Hospital, Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 31:654-8. 2007..Pulmonary regurgitation after tetralogy of Fallot (ToF) repair is associated with right ventricular dilatation, failure and arrhythmia. Timing and technique for re-intervention remain controversial...
- A new treatment option for pulmonary valvar insufficiency: first experiences with implantation of a self-expanding stented valve without use of cardiopulmonary bypassChristian Schreiber
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, German Heart Center Munich at the Technical University Munich, Munich, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 31:26-30. 2007..We describe a novel technique with a transventricular implantation of a stented bio-prosthesis without cardiopulmonary bypass that allows for implantation of prosthesis with diameters greater than 22mm...
- Pulmonary valve cusp augmentation with autologous pericardium may improve early outcome for tetralogy of FallotPetros Anagnostopoulos
Division of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Pediatric Heart Center, University of California at San Francisco Children s Hospital, San Francisco, Calif, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:640-7. 2007..We hypothesized that pulmonary valve cusp augmentation with pericardium would decrease pulmonary insufficiency and improve the early outcome for transatrial-transpulmonary tetralogy of Fallot repair requiring transannular patch...
- Long-term effect of pulmonary valve replacement on QRS duration in patients with corrected tetralogy of FallotThomas Oosterhof
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Heart 93:506-9. 2007..To analyse the long-term course of QRS duration after pulmonary valve replacement in patients with a previous correction for tetralogy of Fallot...
- First pulmonary valve replacement with Freedom Solo stentless valve in an adolescent. A case reportZ Eyileten
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart Center, University of Ankara School of Medicine, Cebeci, Ankara, Turkey
Minerva Chir 62:417-9. 2007..Pericardial stentless valves may be an alternative choice for pulmonary valve replacement to improve right ventricular contractile recovery and remodeling after PVR and may have impact on long-term survival...
- Brain natriuretic peptide and magnetic resonance imaging in tetralogy with right ventricular dilatationAli Dodge-Khatami
Division of Congenital Cardiovascular Surgery, University Children s Hospital, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Thorac Surg 82:983-8. 2006..Pro-brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) is a marker of ventricular dysfunction and wall stress, and levels may complement magnetic resonance imaging in cardiac assessment before and after pulmonary valve replacement...
- Dobutamine stress echocardiography in the evaluation of cardiac haemodynamics after repair of tetralogy of Fallot in children: negative effects of pulmonary regurgitationOsman Baspinar
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Gaziantep University, Faculty of Medicine, Gaziantep, Turkey
Acta Cardiol 61:279-83. 2006....
- Beating heart replacement of the pulmonary valve in a patient with surgically corrected Tetralogy of FallotFotios Mitropoulos
Athens Medical Center, Greece
Hellenic J Cardiol 47:180-3. 2006..Although this technique is more technically demanding, it avoids the use of cardioplegia and the complications of myocardial ischemia and reperfusion...
- [Implantation of mechanical pulmonary and tricuspid valve prostheses at a distance from complete repair of Tetralogy of Fallot]D Ngoy Nkulu
Service de cardiologie et maladies vasculaires Pr J Cassagnes, CHU Clermont Ferrand, Hopital G Montpied
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 99:507-10. 2006..The outcome at follow-up at 3 years is good. To the authors' knowledge, this is the first reported case of double mechanical valve replacement of the right heart after complete repair of tetralogy of Fallot...
- [Percutaneous implantation of a pulmonary valve in 3 children with surgically corrected cardiac anomalies]R Bokenkamp
Centrum voor Aangeboren Hartafwijkingen Amsterdam Leiden, p a Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum, Postbus 9600, 2300 RC Leiden
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 151:2580-5. 2007..Percutaneous pulmonary valve replacement is a promising technique with good short-term results. In selected patients this percutaneous technique can substitute or postpone the surgical replacement ofa stenotic or insufficient homograft...
- Off-pump pulmonary valve replacement with the new Shelhigh Injectable Stented Pulmonic ValvePascal A Berdat
Clinic for Cardiovascular Surgery, Swiss Cardiovascular Center Bern, University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 131:1192-3. 2006
- Implantation of a prosthesis mounted inside a self-expandable stent in the pulmonary valvar area without use of cardiopulmonary bypassChristian Schreiber
Clinic for Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Anaesthesiology, German Heart Center Munich, The Technical University, Munich, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 81:e1-3. 2006..Unique surgical problems exist in this group of patients. We report an innovative method of implantation of a pulmonary valve without the use of cardiopulmonary bypass...
- Reduction of QRS duration following pulmonary valve replacement in tetralogy of Fallot: implications for arrhythmia reduction?Elizabeth A Stephenson
Eur Heart J 26:863-4. 2005
- [Two-cusp plasty using a pedicled auto pericardial patch for the right ventricular outflow tract in complete repair of tetralogy of Fallot]H Kitayama
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osakasayama, Japan
Kyobu Geka 54:637-42. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Two cusp plasty was more effective to prevent PR in the postoperative long-term period, comparing to S-TAP. As the material of the patch, pedicled autologous pericardium showed satisfactory outcome...
- Late pulmonary valve replacement after correction of Fallot's tetralogyR Cesnjevar
Zentrum für Herzchirurgie, Universitätsklinik Erlangen Nürnberg, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 52:23-8. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate necessity and outcome of late pulmonary valve replacement (PVR) after repair of tetralogy of Fallot (TOF)...
- Bovine valved venous xenografts for RVOT reconstruction: results after 71 implantationsThomas Breymann
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart Center North Rhine Westfalia, Ruhr University of Bochum, Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 21:703-10; discussion 710. 2002..Contegra, a bovine jugular vein graft, might be an interesting alternative to overcome these problems...
- Human leukocyte antigen-DR and ABO mismatch are associated with accelerated homograft valve failure in children: implications for therapeutic interventionsRoger J F Baskett
Maritime Heart Centre and Division of Cardiac Surgery, Department of Surgery, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126:232-9. 2003..This study examines the incidence and factors associated with the failure of homograft valves and identifies those factors that are modifiable...
- Early replacement of pulmonary valve after repair of tetralogy: is it really beneficial?Cheong Lim
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Sungnam shi, Kyungki do, South Korea
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 25:728-34. 2004..We analyzed clinical results of PVR after repair of TOF to investigate potential risk factor for late outcomes...
- Influence of the pulmonary annulus diameter on pulmonary regurgitation and right ventricular pressure load after repair of tetralogy of FallotA Uebing
Department of Paediatric Cardiology, Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Heart 88:510-4. 2002....
- [Late results of surgical repairs of tetralogy of Fallot]P Viart
, , Bruxelles, Belgique
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:653-7. 1990..100 in group A, 55 p. 100 in group B and 100 p. 100 in group C (p = 0.0005). As a whole, 55 p. 100 of the adolescents operated on for tetralogy of Fallot during infancy present a residual problem of some severity...
- Doppler-echocardiographic assessment of pulmonary regurgitation in adults with repaired tetralogy of Fallot: comparison with cardiovascular magnetic resonance imagingWei Li
Adult Congenital Heart Programme, Department of Cardiology, Royal Brompton Hospital and the National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Am Heart J 147:165-72. 2004....
- Homologous monocuspid valve patch in right ventricular outflow tract reconstructionT G Jun
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Samsung Seoul Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University, School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 42:17-21. 2001..However these effects are limited in duration and further close follow-up should be needed...
- New xenograft valved conduit (Contegra) for right ventricular outflow tract reconstructionAndrew C Chatzis
Department of Paediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Centre, Athens, Greece
Heart Surg Forum 6:396-8. 2003..In this study, we describe our experience with a glutaraldehyde-treated bovine jugular vein valved conduit (Contegra)...
- Right ventricular function after pulmonary valve replacement in patients with tetralogy of FallotAlexander van Straten
Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Radiology 233:824-9. 2004..To assess the time course of right ventricular (RV) function improvement after pulmonary valve replacement (PVR) in patients 25.2 years +/- 7.0 after repair of tetralogy of Fallot...
- Timing and type of surgery for severe pulmonary regurgitation after repair of tetralogy of FallotPeriklis A Davlouros
Adult Congenital Heart Programme, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London SW3 6NP, UK
Int J Cardiol 97:91-101. 2004....
- Pressure half-time predicts hemodynamically significant pulmonary regurgitation in adult patients with repaired tetralogy of fallotCandice K Silversides
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:1057-62. 2003..Pulmonary pressure half-time < 100 milliseconds was found to be a good indicator of hemodynamically significant regurgitation. This measure is highly reproducible and easily accessible...
- The year in congenital heart diseaseWarren G Guntheroth
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:467; author reply 467-8. 2005
- Reduction of QRS duration after pulmonary valve replacement in adult Fallot patients is related to reduction of right ventricular volumeBart Hooft Van Huysduynen
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 26:928-32. 2005..Pulmonary regurgitation is a common cause of right ventricular (RV) failure and QRS lengthening. We studied the effects of pulmonary valve replacement (PVR) on QRS duration and RV volume...
- Initial experience with a bicuspid polytetrafluoroethylene pulmonary valve in 41 children and adults: a new option for right ventricular outflow tract reconstructionJames A Quintessenza
The Congenital Heart Institute of Florida CHIF, All Children s Hospital, University of South Florida, St Petersburg 33701, United States
Ann Thorac Surg 79:924-31. 2005..We report our initial experience in 41 consecutive patients treated with placement of a surgically created polytetrafluoroethylene bicuspid pulmonary valve...
- Tricuspid regurgitation in patients with repaired Tetralogy of Fallot and its relation to right ventricular dilatationWilliam T Mahle
Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
Am J Cardiol 92:643-5. 2003..39, p = 0.009), suggesting that tricuspid regurgitation as well as pulmonary regurgitation may contribute significantly to progressive right ventricular dilatation in this population...
- Tei index determined by tissue Doppler imaging in patients with pulmonary regurgitation after repair of tetralogy of FallotK Yasuoka
Departments of Pediatrics and Cardiovascular Surgery, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Pediatr Cardiol 25:131-6. 2004..However, the Tei index determined by TDI is a sensitive indicator of RV function in these patients, and it appears to be a promising new means of assessing global RV function in patients with significant PR...
- Endografting of the thoracic aorta:Venkatesh Ramaiah
Department of Cardiovascular and Endovascular Surgery, Arizona Heart Institute, 2632 N 20th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85006, USA
J Card Surg 18:444-54. 2003..Early reports on endovascular repair using custom made "first generation devices" demonstrated the technique to be feasible with a mortality and morbidity comparable to open repair...
- Long-term results of right ventricular outflow tract reconstruction in neonatal cardiac surgery: options and outcomesAditya K Kaza
Division of Cardiac Surgery and Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 138:911-6. 2009..Although the method of reconstruction is often dictated by the individual anatomy, choices exist. This review examines the durability and outcomes of right ventricular outflow tract reconstruction in the neonate...
- Mimics of Ebstein's anomalyN M Ammash
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester 55905, USA
Am Heart J 134:508-13. 1997..Under such circumstances, other anomalies of the tricuspid valve or right ventricle were consistently identified. Recognition of the mimics of Ebstein's anomaly had important surgical implications...
- Prospective non-randomized study of preoperative concurrent platinum plus 5-fluorouracil-based chemoradiotherapy with or without paclitaxel in esophageal cancer patients: long-term follow-upM Zemanova
Department of Oncology, I Medical Faculty of Charles University, 128 08 Prague, Czech Republic
Dis Esophagus 23:160-7. 2010..Distant metastases prevailed as cause of the treatment failure. Prospectively, it is important to look for a therapeutic combination with better systemic effect...
- Plasma CCN2/connective tissue growth factor is associated with right ventricular dysfunction in patients with neuroendocrine tumorsDeidi Strickland Bergestuen
Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Sognsvannsveien 20, 0027 Oslo, Norway
BMC Cancer 10:6. 2010..Its role in carcinoid heart disease is unknown. We sought to investigate the relationship between plasma CCN2 and valvular and mural involvement in carcinoid heart disease...
- Management of moderate functional tricuspid valve regurgitation at the time of pulmonary valve replacement: is concomitant tricuspid valve repair necessary?Brian Kogon
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 31:843-8. 2010..29 vs. 1.31; P = 0.81). We conclude that following PVR, improvement in TV regurgitation and RV size occurs primarily in the first postoperative month. TV function improved to a similar degree with or without annuloplasty...
- The current strategy of repair of tetralogy of Fallot in children and adultsGuo Wei He
TEDA International Cardiovascular Hospital, Nankai University, Tianjin, China
Cardiol Young 18:608-14. 2008....
- Isolation and characterization of Ehrlichia chaffeensis strains from patients with fatal ehrlichiosisC D Paddock
Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Clin Microbiol 35:2496-502. 1997..chaffeensis...
- Tetralogy of Fallot: prognostic factors after surgical repairSandra Amorim
Servico de Cardiologia, Hospital de Sao Joao, Porto, Portugal
Rev Port Cardiol 24:845-55. 2005..Our aim was to identify predictive factors of adverse outcome: moderate to severe RV dilatation, HF, reoperation of the RV outflow tract and cardiac death...
- Bovine valved xenograft in pulmonary position: medium-term follow-up with excellent hemodynamics and freedom from calcificationAntonio F Corno
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1382-8; discussion 1382-8. 2004..This study was designed to evaluate the outcome of Contegra xenograft valved conduit (Contegra, Medtronic Inc, Minneapolis, MN)...
- Arterial switch operation with in situ coronary reallocation for transposition of great arteries with single coronary arteryKona Samba Murthy
Department of Paediatric Cardiac Surgery, Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, 4a Dr J J Nagar, Mogappair, 600 050, Chennai, India
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 25:246-9. 2004..We here in describe a new technique of in situ coronary reallocation during ASO for TGA with single coronary and also report the early and mid-term results with this new technique...
- Evaluation of right ventricular function by using tissue Doppler imaging in patients after repair of tetralogy of fallotIlker Cetin
Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Baskent University Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Echocardiography 26:950-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the relation between plasma B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels and right ventricular function evaluated by tissue Doppler imaging (TDI) in patients after repair of tetralogy of Fallot (ToF)...
- Neonatal pulmonary artery banding does not compromise the short-term function of a Damus-Kaye-Stansel connectionW Daenen
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, B 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 17:655-7. 2000..The aim of this study is to investigate whether a previous pulmonary artery banding might compromise the function of a Damus-Kaye-Stansel connection...
- Substrate characterization of ventricular tachycardia in a porcine model of tetralogy of Fallot using noncontact mappingJonathan R Kaltman
Divisions of Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 30:1316-22. 2007..This study investigates whether noncontact mapping can identify the arrhythmia substrate in a porcine model that involves a right ventricular outflow tract (RVOT) patch and either chronic volume or pressure load on the right ventricle...
- Adenosine Deaminase, Adenosine Signaling and DiseaseRODNEY KELLEMS; Fiscal Year: 2006..What is the impact of ADA deficiency on natural killer cell development and function? AIM IV. What role does adenosine signaling play in the non-immune features associated with ADA deficiency? ..
- Novel Means to Establish Free Radical Balance in the Neonatal Premature LungPrakash Jagtap; Fiscal Year: 2011..We are developing a novel drug that targets the basic mechanisms of this condition and will test this agent in a clinically-relevant animal model of premature lung disease. ..
- Functional roles of Nrf2 and NQO1 genetic variants in hyperoxic lung injury-ARDSBhagavatula Moorthy; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., use of PPI such as OM) for the prevention/treatment of ALI/ARDS in humans. ..
- Molecular mechanisms of cytochrome P4501A regulation by hyperoxiaBhagavatula Moorthy; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using animal and cell culture models, this project is aimed at developing rational strategies for the prevention and treatment of lung diseases (e.g. BPD and ARDS) associated with hyperoxia. ..
- Roles of pulmonary and hepatic P4501A enzymes in hyperoxic lung injury in miceBhagavatula Moorthy; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term of this proposal is to develop rational strategies for the prevention and/or treatment of chronic lung diseases in infants and adults suffering from respiratory distress and lung dysfunction. ..
- Role of hepatic and pulmonary P4501A enzymes in neonatal hyperoxic tissue injuryXANTHI IOANNA COUROUCLI; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Role of cytochrome P4501B1 in oxygen-mediated pulmonary injuryBhagavatula Moorthy; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project is aimed at developing novel strategies for the prevention/treatment of lung diseases such as BPD and ARDS in humans. ..
- Improving Musculoskeletal Outcomes for Individuals with Osteogenesis ImperfectaLaura Tosi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Workshop proceedings will be compiled in a summary document which will be published on-line to ensure that it reaches the largest possible audience. ..
- LTQ Orbitrap Velos Mass Spectrometer with ETDMarc J Glucksman; Fiscal Year: 2012..Crucial areas of health research to be explored are: infectious diseases, cocaine addiction, muscle development, pulmonary insufficiency, cell signaling in the brain, nuclear cell biology and membrane structural biology. ..
- 3D MRI-Based Modeling for Computer-Aided Right Ventricle Remodeling SurgeryDalin Tang; Fiscal Year: 2013..A multidisciplinary group of experienced investigators in congenital cardiac surgery, cardiology and computational mathematics will conduct this project. ..
- LUNG GLUTAMINE METABOLISM FOLLOWING INJURY AND INFECTIONWiley Souba; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- PARP inhibition for thoraco-abdominal aneurysm surgeryAndrew Salzman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Pharmacokinetic studies will establish whether the half-life and tissue distribution of INO-1001 differ from parameters defined in a healthy population. The FDA has granted Fast-Track IND approval to this investigation. ..
- Mechanisms of CYP1A regulation and lung injury by oxygenWeiwu Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies should aid in the development of novel strategies in the prevention/treatment of lung disease in humans undergoing supplemental oxygen therapy. ..
- Proteogenome of Anaerobic P. aeruginosa in CF MucusDANIEL HASSETT; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our LONG TERM GOAL is to identify cellular targets that inhibit or significantly compromise the denitrification process that is occurring by P. aeruginosa in the CF airways. ..
- MODIFICATION OF SUSCEPTIBILITY TO OXYGEN POISONINGJames Clark; Fiscal Year: 1980..Analysis and description of the mortality data will be complemented by studies designed to identify biochemical correlates of the observed changes in susceptibility to neurologic and pulmonary oxygen poisoning...
- Molecular Models of Adenosine Signaling and AsthmaMichael Blackburn; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will lead to a better understanding of adenosine's impact on the severity of chronic lung diseases such as asthma and COPD, which will help guide the development of novel therapies for their treatment. ..
- ADENOSINE SIGNALING AND LUNG INFLAMMATIONMichael Blackburn; Fiscal Year: 2001..4. Evaluate acute and long-term changes of airway function in ADA deficient mice as well as ADA deficient mice exposed to environmental challenges. ..
- Excess TGF beta in neonatal lung injury and repairDavid Warburton; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Calcium Absorption and Bone Formation During PubertySteven Abrams; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- DEVELOPMENTAL TYPE II PNEUMOCYTE PROTEIN PHOSPHORYLATIONDavid Warburton; Fiscal Year: 2010..Inosine may function as a low molecular weight therapeutic to ameliorate lung injury, protect lung progenitor cells and hence to promote recovery of the alveolar epithelium from acute injury in both adult and neonate. ..
- Lung epithelial and vascular morphogenesisDavid Warburton; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- APOE Genotype and Sequelae of Infant Cardiac SurgeryJames Gaynor; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AUTOCRINE/PARACRINE GROWTH FACTORS & LUNG MORPHOGENESISDavid Warburton; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aim 4: To determine the role of tyrosine phosphorylation in protein-protein interaction and supra-molecular assembly of mSPRY2 with SHP2 and FRS2. Aim 5: To determine the functional importance of Shp2 in lung morphogenesis in vivo. ..
- Cytochrome P450 regulation by hyperoxia and nitric oxideXanthi Couroucli; Fiscal Year: 2006..The studies will also help identify appropriate supportive therapies to minimize any adverse effects arising out of this clinically important therapy. ..