Genomes and Genes
mitral valve insufficiency
Summary: Backflow of blood from the left ventricle into the left atrium, owing to imperfect functioning of the mitral valve.
Publications313 found, 100 shown here
- Recommendations for evaluation of the severity of native valvular regurgitation with two-dimensional and Doppler echocardiographyWilliam A Zoghbi
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:777-802. 2003
- European Association of Echocardiography recommendations for the assessment of valvular regurgitation. Part 2: mitral and tricuspid regurgitation (native valve disease)Patrizio Lancellotti
Department of Cardiology, Valvular Disease Clinic, University Hospital, Universite de Liege, CHU du Sart Tilman, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Eur J Echocardiogr 11:307-32. 2010..The present document aims to provide standards for the assessment of mitral and tricuspid regurgitation...
- Percutaneous repair or surgery for mitral regurgitationTed Feldman
Evanston Hospital, NorthShore University Health System, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
N Engl J Med 364:1395-406. 2011..Mitral-valve repair can be accomplished with an investigational procedure that involves the percutaneous implantation of a clip that grasps and approximates the edges of the mitral leaflets at the origin of the regurgitant jet...
- Management of tricuspid valve regurgitationManuel J Antunes
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University Hospital, Coimbra, Portugal
Heart 93:271-6. 2007
- Acute and 12-month results with catheter-based mitral valve leaflet repair: the EVEREST II (Endovascular Valve Edge-to-Edge Repair) High Risk StudyPatrick L Whitlow
Cleveland Clinic, Ohio 44195, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 59:130-9. 2012....
- Mechanism of dynamic regurgitant orifice area variation in functional mitral regurgitation: physiologic insights from the proximal flow convergence techniqueJ Hung
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 33:538-45. 1999..We used the Doppler proximal flow convergence technique as a physiologic tool to explore the effects of the time courses of mitral annular area and transmitral pressure on dynamic changes in regurgitant orifice area...
- Quantitative determinants of the outcome of asymptomatic mitral regurgitationMaurice Enriquez-Sarano
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
N Engl J Med 352:875-83. 2005..The clinical outcome of asymptomatic mitral regurgitation is poorly defined, and the treatment is uncertain. We studied the effect on the outcome of quantifying mitral regurgitation according to recent guidelines...
- Secondary tricuspid regurgitation or dilatation: which should be the criteria for surgical repair?Gilles D Dreyfus
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, Harefield Hospital, Harefield, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 79:127-32. 2005..The purpose of this prospective study was to determine whether surgical repair of the tricuspid valve based on tricuspid dilatation rather than TR could lead to potential benefits...
- Percutaneous mitral valve repair using the edge-to-edge technique: six-month results of the EVEREST Phase I Clinical TrialTed Feldman
Evanston Hospital, Cardiology Division Burch 300, Evanston, Illinois 60201, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:2134-40. 2005..This study sought to evaluate the clinical results of a percutaneous approach to mitral valve repair for mitral regurgitation (MR)...
- B-type natriuretic peptide in organic mitral regurgitation: determinants and impact on outcomeDelphine Detaint
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Circulation 111:2391-7. 2005..B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) activation observed in cardiac diseases is a predictor of poor outcome; however, in organic mitral regurgitation (MR), BNP determinants and prognostic value are unknown...
- Pulmonary venous flow by doppler echocardiography: revisited 12 years laterTomotsugu Tabata
Cardiovascular Imaging Center, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1243-50. 2003..This article reviews the important clinical role of Doppler evaluation of PVF, discusses its limitations and pitfalls, and highlights its newer applications...
- Exercise-induced changes in degenerative mitral regurgitationJulien Magne
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Sart Tilman, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:300-9. 2010....
- Recommendations for the echocardiographic assessment of native valvular regurgitation: an executive summary from the European Association of Cardiovascular ImagingPatrizio Lancellotti
Department of Cardiology, GIGA Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Liege Hospital, Valvular Disease Clinic, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging 14:611-44. 2013..It is crucial to provide standards that aim at establishing a baseline list of measurements to be performed when assessing regurgitation...
- Proximal isovelocity surface area should be routinely measured in evaluating mitral regurgitation: a core reviewA Stephane Lambert
Division of Cardiac Anesthesiology, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Anesth Analg 105:940-3. 2007..A step-by-step approach is presented and illustrated with graphic and video demonstrations. Finally, I will discuss the various limitations and technical considerations of PISA measurement in the operating room...
- Preoperative posterior leaflet angle accurately predicts outcome after restrictive mitral valve annuloplasty for ischemic mitral regurgitationJulien Magne
Quebec Heart Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada, G1V 4G5
Circulation 115:782-91. 2007..The goal of the present study was to determine whether persistence of MR and/or clinical outcome could be predicted from preoperative analysis of mitral valve configuration...
- Timing of surgical intervention in chronic mitral regurgitation: is vigilance enough?Brian P Griffin
Circulation 113:2169-72. 2006
- Chronic ischaemic mitral regurgitation. Current treatment results and new mechanism-based surgical approachesWobbe Bouma
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 37:170-85. 2010..Although promising, at this point these new procedures still lack investigation in large patient cohorts with long-term follow-up. They will, however, be the subject of much anticipated and necessary ongoing and future research...
- Quantitation of mitral valve tenting in ischemic mitral regurgitation by transthoracic real-time three-dimensional echocardiographyNozomi Watanabe
Department of Cardiology, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:763-9. 2005....
- Pulsed tissue Doppler imaging detects early myocardial dysfunction in asymptomatic patients with severe mitral regurgitationE Agricola
Division of Non Invasive Cardiology, San Raffaele Hospital, IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Heart 90:406-10. 2004..To assess whether tissue Doppler myocardial imaging (TDI) indices can predict postoperative left ventricular function in patients with mitral regurgitation (MR) after surgical correction...
- Replacement of chordae tendineae with polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) sutures in mitral valve repair: early and long-term resultsBruno Chiappini
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, St Luc Hospital, Catholic University of Leuven, Brussels, Belgium
J Heart Valve Dis 15:657-63; discussion 663. 2006..The study aim was to review the authors' experience with polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), using a standardized technique for length adjustment, and to analyze the long-term results in patients who underwent mitral valve repair...
- Robotic mitral valve surgery: a United States multicenter trialL Wiley Nifong
Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Pitt County Memorial Hospital, Greenville, NC, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:1395-404. 2005..The safety of performing valve repairs with computerized telemanipulation was studied...
- Functional mitral stenosis after surgical annuloplasty for ischemic mitral regurgitation: importance of subvalvular tethering in the mechanism and dynamic deterioration during exertionKayoko Kubota
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 140:617-23. 2010..This study evaluates the mechanism and response of such mitral stenosis to exercise...
- Alterations in transmural myocardial strain: an early marker of left ventricular dysfunction in mitral regurgitation?Carl J Carlhäll
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Falk Cardiovascular Research Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5247, USA
Circulation 118:S256-62. 2008..We hypothesized that changes in LV transmural myocardial strain represent an early marker of LV dysfunction in an ovine chronic MR model...
- Echocardiographic predictors of successful versus unsuccessful mitral valve repair in ischemic mitral regurgitationVorachai Kongsaerepong
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:504-8. 2006..These echocardiographic measurements should be used to guide the cardiologist and cardiac surgeon in the choice of MV repair versus replacement in patients with ischemic MR...
- Mitral gradients and frequency of recurrence of mitral regurgitation after ring annuloplasty for ischemic mitral regurgitationMatthew L Williams
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 88:1197-201. 2009..We hypothesized that surgical revascularization and annuloplasty lead to a durable repair, but may also lead to increased mitral gradients that could limit the benefit of the repair technique...
- Ischemic mitral regurgitation: mechanisms and echocardiographic classificationEustachio Agricola
Division of Non Invasive Cardiology, San Raffaele Hospital, Milano, Italy
Eur J Echocardiogr 9:207-21. 2008..There are some preoperative echocardiographic predictors of failure that include valve (degree of valve remodeling, jet characteristics), ventricular (degree of remodeling, diastolic dysfunction) and surgical factors...
- Abundance and location of proteoglycans and hyaluronan within normal and myxomatous mitral valvesVishal Gupta
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, 6100 Main Street, Houston, TX 77251, USA
Cardiovasc Pathol 18:191-7. 2009....
- Geometric predictor of significant mitral regurgitation in patients with severe ischemic cardiomyopathy, undergoing Dor procedure: a real-time 3D echocardiographic studyJun Kwan
Department of Cardiology, Inha University Hospital, 7 206, 3 Ga, Shinheung Dong, Jung Gu, Inchon 400 711, Republic of Korea
Eur J Echocardiogr 8:195-203. 2007..We performed real-time 3D echocardiography (RT3DE) in 48 patients scheduled for infarct exclusion surgery or Dor procedure, 22 of whom had moderate or severe MR (DorMR) and 26 with no or trivial MR (DorNoMR)...
- Percutaneous mitral repair with the MitraClip system: safety and midterm durability in the initial EVEREST (Endovascular Valve Edge-to-Edge REpair Study) cohortTed Feldman
Evanston Hospital, Cardiology Division Walgreen Building, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:686-94. 2009..We undertook a prospective multicenter single-arm study to evaluate the feasibility, safety, and efficacy of the MitraClip system (Evalve Inc., Menlo Park, California)...
- The emerging role of exercise testing and stress echocardiography in valvular heart diseaseEugenio Picano
CNR, Institute of Clinical Physiology, Fondazione G Monasterio, Pisa, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:2251-60. 2009....
- Ischemic mitral regurgitation on the threshold of a solution: from paradoxes to unifying conceptsRobert A Levine
Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 112:745-58. 2005
- Atrial fibrillation complicating the course of degenerative mitral regurgitation: determinants and long-term outcomeFrancesco Grigioni
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:84-92. 2002..The study was done to define the incidence, determinants and prognostic implications of onset of atrial fibrillation (AF) during follow-up of mitral regurgitation (MR) initially in sinus rhythm...
- Ischemic mitral regurgitation: long-term outcome and prognostic implications with quantitative Doppler assessmentF Grigioni
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Circulation 103:1759-64. 2001..Therefore, IMR detection and quantification provide major information for risk stratification and clinical decision making in the chronic post-MI phase...
- Quantification of regurgitant fraction in mitral regurgitation by cardiovascular magnetic resonance: comparison of techniquesMark W S Kon
Department of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance and Cardiac Surgery, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
J Heart Valve Dis 13:600-7. 2004..The study aim was to compare both techniques in a single CMR examination...
- Mitral leaflet adaptation to ventricular remodeling: occurrence and adequacy in patients with functional mitral regurgitationMiguel Chaput
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Circulation 118:845-52. 2008..Our aim was to explore whether adaptive increases in leaflet area occur in patients with functional MR compared with normal subjects and to test the hypothesis that leaflet area influences MR severity...
- Geometry of the proximal isovelocity surface area in mitral regurgitation by 3-dimensional color Doppler echocardiography: difference between functional mitral regurgitation and prolapse regurgitationYoshiki Matsumura
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am Heart J 155:231-8. 2008..We investigated the 3-dimensional (3D) geometry of PISA of functional MR as opposed to that of MR due to mitral valve prolapse (MVP) by real-time 3D echocardiography with color Doppler capability...
- Cardiovascular changes in children with mucopolysaccharide disordersU R Mohan
Departments of Paediatric Cardiology and Paediatric Metabolic Medicine Willink Biochemical Genetics Unit, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Hospital Road, Pendelbury, Manchester, UK
Acta Paediatr 91:799-804. 2002..However, left ventricular hypertrophy, mitral valve abnormalities and type II MPS were not significant risk factors for death, with borderline significance for aortic valve abnormalities...
- Valvular heart disease: diagnosis and managementKameswari Maganti
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 201 E Huron St, Ste 11 240, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 85:483-500. 2010..Prophylaxis for infective endocarditis is no longer recommended unless the patient has a history of endocarditis or a prosthetic valve...
- Percutaneous mitral annuloplasty for functional mitral regurgitation: results of the CARILLON Mitral Annuloplasty Device European Union StudyJoachim Schofer
Medical Care Center Professor Mathey, Professor Schofer Hamburg University Cardiovascular Center Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Circulation 120:326-33. 2009..Percutaneous mitral annuloplasty has the potential to serve as a therapeutic adjunct to standard medical care...
- Restrictive annuloplasty for ischemic mitral regurgitation may induce functional mitral stenosisJulien Magne
Laval Hospital Research Center Quebec Heart Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1692-701. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate mitral valve hemodynamic performance and functional capacity in patients with ischemic mitral regurgitation (MR) who underwent restrictive mitral valve annuloplasty (MVA)...
- Reverse ventricular remodeling reduces ischemic mitral regurgitation: echo-guided device application in the beating heartJudy Hung
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory and Surgical Cardiovascular Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02114, USA
Circulation 106:2594-600. 2002..Therapy is uncertain because ring annuloplasty does not alleviate PM displacement. We tested the hypothesis that echo-guided PM repositioning using an external device can reduce MR without compromising left ventricular (LV) function...
- Influence of hospital procedural volume on care process and mortality for patients undergoing elective surgery for mitral regurgitationJames S Gammie
Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Maryland Medical Center, N4W94, 22 S Greene St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Circulation 115:881-7. 2007..Few studies have examined the procedural volume-outcome relationship for heart valve surgery. None have examined process of care factors that may be mediators of this association...
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy as a therapeutic option in patients with moderate-severe functional mitral regurgitation and high operative riskRutger J van Bommel
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Circulation 124:912-9. 2011..Aims of this study were to (1) evaluate CRT as a therapeutic option in heart failure patients with functional MR and high operative risk and (2) investigate the effect of MR improvement after CRT on prognosis...
- Real-time 3-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography in the evaluation of post-operative mitral annuloplasty ring and prosthetic valve dehiscenceItzhak Kronzon
NYU School of Medicine, New York, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:1543-7. 2009..This study sought to assess the use of real-time (RT) 3-dimensional (3D) transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) in the evaluation of post-operative mitral valve dehiscence...
- Mitral valve surgery for chronic ischemic mitral regurgitationAntonio M Calafiore
Division of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital, Torino, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 77:1989-97. 2004..Early and midterm clinical and echocardiographic results after mitral valve (MV) surgery for chronic ischemic mitral regurgitation were investigated to evaluate the validity of the criteria for repair or replacement applied by us...
- Heart failure and death after myocardial infarction in the community: the emerging role of mitral regurgitationFrancesca Bursi
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Circulation 111:295-301. 2005....
- Robotic mitral valve repairs in 300 patients: a single-center experienceW Randolph Chitwood
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, East Carolina Heart Institute, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 136:436-41. 2008..Robotic mitral valve repair provides the least-invasive surgical approach. We report the largest single-center robotic mitral valve repair experience...
- Progression of tricuspid regurgitation after repaired functional ischemic mitral regurgitationAkira Matsunaga
The International Heart Institute of Montana Foundation, Saint Patrick Hospital and Health Sciences Center, University of Montana, Missoula, Montana, USA
Circulation 112:I453-7. 2005..It can also appear de novo. The aim of this study was to analyze TR in a group of patients who underwent successful revascularization and mitral valve repair (MVRep) for functional ischemic mitral regurgitation (MR)...
- Accuracy of real-time 3D echocardiography in the evaluation of functional anatomy of mitral regurgitationEustachio Agricola
Division of Noninvasive Cardiology, San Raffaele Hospital IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Int J Cardiol 127:342-9. 2008....
- Mitral valve regurgitation--quantification by Doppler echo (quantitative versus semi-quantitative methods)Jorge Almeida
Centro de Cirurgia Torácica do Hospital de S João, Porto
Rev Port Cardiol 22:897-919. 2003..93 (0.84-0.97) vs. 0.80 (0.70-0.89) p = 0.005 as well as severe mitral regurgitation 0.95 (0.87-0.98) vs. 0.81 (0.71-0.90) p = 0.006)...
- Ideal site for ventricular anchoring of artificial chordae in mitral regurgitationAlberto Weber
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital and University of Berne, Switzerland
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 143:S78-81. 2012..In this study, cine cardiac magnetic resonance imaging was used to compare these 2 different anchoring positions and their dynamic relationship with the mitral leaflets...
- Valvular heart disease in the community: a European experienceBernard Iung
Bichat Hospital, Cardiology Department, Paris, France
Curr Probl Cardiol 32:609-61. 2007..There was a better concordance between practice and guidelines concerning interventions in asymptomatic patients. These findings underline the need for better implementation of guidelines...
- Role of echocardiography in percutaneous aortic valve implantationRobert R Moss
Division of Cardiology, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 1:15-24. 2008..This study was designed to investigate the usefulness and limitations of echocardiography in optimizing the outcome of percutaneous aortic valve implantation...
- Quadricuspid aortic valve in a patient with mitral valve prolapseMehmet Fatih Ozlu
Department of Cardiology, Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Can J Cardiol 24:e27. 2008
- A novel fully automated method for mitral regurgitant orifice area quantificationMichela Moraldo
International Centre for Circulatory Health, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, 59 61 North Wharf Road, London W21LA, UK
Int J Cardiol 166:688-95. 2013..We introduce a new fully automated algorithm, ("AQURO"), which calculates EROA directly from echocardiographic colour M-mode data, without requiring operator input...
- The role of multi-imaging modality in primary mitral regurgitationCaroline M Van de Heyning
Department of Cardiology, Heart Valve Clinic, University of Liege, CHU Sart Tilman, Liège B 4000, Belgium
Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging 13:139-51. 2012..The experience of multi-slice computed tomography in primary MR is still limited. Conversely, cardiovascular magnetic resonance has gained progressive relevance and represents the alternative method of choice...
- Mitral valve annuloplasty and papillary muscle relocation oriented by 3-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography for severe functional mitral regurgitationKhalil Fattouch
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 143:S38-42. 2012..To plan mitral valve repair by annuloplasty and papillary muscle (PPM) relocation, we proposed a valve repair procedure oriented by the new main features obtained by real-time 3D TOE reconstruction of the mitral valve apparatus...
- Mitral valve prolapse with mid-late systolic mitral regurgitation: pitfalls of evaluation and clinical outcome compared with holosystolic regurgitationYan Topilsky
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Circulation 125:1643-51. 2012..Whether effective regurgitant orifice (ERO) by the flow convergence method is similarly linked to outcome in mid-late systolic MR and holosystolic MR is uncertain...
- Decreased systolic function and inadequate hypertrophy in large and small breed dogs with chronic mitral valve insufficiencyMichele Borgarelli
Department Patologia Animale, Faculty Veterinary Medicine, Via L da Vinci 44, Grugliasco, Italy
J Vet Intern Med 21:61-7. 2007Systolic dysfunction associated with chronic mitral valve insufficiency (CMVI) has been demonstrated in experimental animal models and large breed (LB) dogs but has been reported as an uncommon finding in small breed (SB) dogs with ..
- Three-dimensional echocardiography for planning of mitral valve surgery: current applicability?Alexander M Fabricius
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Herzzentrum, University of Leipzig, Strümpelstrasse 39, 04289 Leipzig, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 78:575-8. 2004..Structural display in three dimensions from any perspective may be of advantage to the surgeon for better judgment and planning...
- Magnetic resonance imaging with 3-dimensional analysis of left ventricular remodeling in isolated mitral regurgitation: implications beyond dimensionsChun G Schiros
Samuel Ginn College of Engineering, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Auburn University, Auburn, AL, USA
Circulation 125:2334-42. 2012..We hypothesize that significant LV remodeling before surgery is not reflected by standard echocardiographic parameters measured at the base of the heart...
- The effect of regional ischemia on mitral valve annular saddle shapeJoseph H Gorman
Harrison Department of Surgical Research, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 77:544-8. 2004..This study tests the hypothesis that acute ischemic mitral regurgitation (AIMR) is associated with loss of annular saddle shape...
- Comparison of accuracy of mitral valve regurgitation volume determined by three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography versus cardiac magnetic resonance imagingSandra Hamada
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Am J Cardiol 110:1015-20. 2012..Changes in AROA during systole contribute much less to dynamic variation in mitral regurgitation severity than changes in regurgitant flow velocity...
- Cardiogenic shockSimon Topalian
Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ, USA
Crit Care Med 36:S66-74. 2008..Emergency medical transport systems may need to take patients with complicated acute myocardial infarction to hospitals with the capability to perform urgent revascularization...
- Edge-to-edge (Alfieri) mitral repair: results in diverse clinical settingsSunil K Bhudia
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 77:1598-606. 2004..Objectives of this study were to demonstrate causes of MR amenable to edge-to-edge repair and to determine safety, obstructive potential, and durability of edge-to-edge repair...
- Comparison of orifice area by transthoracic three-dimensional Doppler echocardiography versus proximal isovelocity surface area (PISA) method for assessment of mitral regurgitationKatsuomi Iwakura
Division of Cardiology, Sakurabashi Watanabe Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Am J Cardiol 97:1630-7. 2006....
- The acute hemodynamic effects of MitraClip therapyRobert J Siegel
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048 1804, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 57:1658-65. 2011..The objective of this study was to evaluate the acute hemodynamic consequences of mitral valve (MV) repair with the MitraClip device (Abbott Vascular, Menlo Park, California)...
- Intraobserver variability in grading severity of repeated identical cases of mitral regurgitationNicholas Thomas
International Center for Circulatory Health, Imperial College, London, UK
Am Heart J 156:1089-94. 2008..Furthermore, we look for evidence that observer grading is influenced by the severity of the immediately preceding case viewed...
- Quantification of annular dilatation and papillary muscle separation in functional mitral regurgitation: role of anterior mitral leaflet length as referenceVinod Jorapur
Our Lady of Mercy University Hospital of New York Medical College, Bronx, NY, USA
Echocardiography 22:465-72. 2005....
- An alternative isovelocity surface model for quantitation of effective regurgitant orifice area in mitral regurgitation with an elongated orifice application to functional mitral regurgitationRobert D Rifkin
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 3:1091-103. 2010....
- Direct quantification of mitral regurgitant flow volume by real-time three-dimensional echocardiography using dealiasing of color Doppler flow at the vena contractaBjörn Plicht
Department of Cardiology, West German Heart Center Essen, Essen, Germany
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:1337-46. 2008..This hypothesis was tested in an in vitro flow model and initial patient application, with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) used as a reference...
- Reproducibility of proximal isovelocity surface area, vena contracta, and regurgitant jet area for assessment of mitral regurgitation severitySimon Biner
Division of Cardiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 3:235-43. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the interobserver agreement of proximal isovelocity surface area (PISA) and vena contracta (VC) for differentiating severe from nonsevere mitral regurgitation (MR)...
- Quantitative assessment of mitral regurgitation: comparison between three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography and magnetic resonance imagingMiriam Shanks
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 3:694-700. 2010..The present study compared the accuracy of 2D transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) and 3-dimensional (3D) TEE for quantification of mitral regurgitation, using MRI as the reference method...
- De novo 18q deletion with mitral valve insufficiencyS Gunes
Ondokuz Mayis University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Samsun, Turkey
Genet Couns 19:261-5. 2008..Her karyotype was 46,XX,del(18)(q21.2-->qter). This report compares the symptoms and features of the present patient with previously reported cases with 18q syndrome...
- Quantification of mitral-valve regurgitation in a paediatric population by real-time three-dimensional echocardiographyDecebal Gabriel Latcu
Cardiology Department, Princesse Grace Hospital, Monaco
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 101:697-703. 2008..Evaluation of mitral-regurgitation (MR) severity in infants is challenging. Real-time three-dimensional echocardiography (RT3DE) allows accurate left-ventricular volumetric measurements in adults...
- Vena contracta width measurement: theoretic basis and usefulness in the assessment of valvular regurgitation severityJean Paul Quere
Departement de Cardiologie, Hopital Sud, Avenue Rene Laennec, Salouel, 80054 Amiens Cedex 1, France
Curr Cardiol Rep 5:110-5. 2003..In the future, assessment of complex jet regurgitations will probably benefit from the contribution of three-dimensional Doppler flow imaging, which should improve the performances of the method...
- Effect of dynamic flow rate and orifice area on mitral regurgitant stroke volume quantification using the proximal isovelocity surface area methodThomas Buck
Department of Cardiology, West German Heart Center Essen, Essen, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:767-78. 2008....
- Broad-beam spectral Doppler sonification of the vena contracta using matrix-array technology: A new solution for semi-automated quantification of mitral regurgitant flow volume and orifice areaThomas Buck
West German Heart Center Essen, University Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:770-9. 2005..The objective of this study was to evaluate broad-beam spectral Doppler sonification of the vena contracta using a matrix-array transducer for quantification of mitral regurgitation (MR)...
- Reduction of hemolysis without reoperation following mitral valve repairMasaru Inoue
Molecular Genetics of Cardiovascular Disorders, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Circ J 67:799-801. 2003....
- Redo mitral valve operation via right minithoracotomy--"no touch" techniqueTadashi Kitamura
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Tokyo Hospital, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Int Heart J 52:107-9. 2011..In conclusion, in our initial series, minimally invasive beating heart redo mitral valve surgery through right minithoracotomy was safely performed with no early mortality...
- Geometric differences of the mitral apparatus between ischemic and dilated cardiomyopathy with significant mitral regurgitation: real-time three-dimensional echocardiography studyJun Kwan
Cardiovascular Imaging Center, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Circulation 107:1135-40. 2003....
- A case report of surgical correction for congenital mitral regurgitation with subvalvular apparatus abnormalityMikihiko Kudo
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinano machi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 8582, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 56:36-8. 2008..As an additional procedure for persistent regurgitation, an edge-to-edge technique to the posterior commissure side was performed, after which the mitral regurgitation disappeared...
- Surgical treatment of ischemic mitral valve regurgitationKazuo Tanemoto
Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Kawasaki Medical School, Okayama, Japan
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 11:228-31. 2005..This is because the long-term survival rate of the suboptimal repair surgical patients is lower when compared with that of mitral valve replacement patients...
- Usefulness of the brain natriuretic peptide to atrial natriuretic peptide ratio in determining the severity of mitral regurgitationKen Shimamoto
Department of Cardiology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Aoyama Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Can J Cardiol 23:295-300. 2007..Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) and brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels were characterized in subjects with mitral regurgitation (MR)...
- Daily rhythms of left atrial pressure in beagle dogs with mitral valve regurgitationT Ishikawa
Veterinary Surgery, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Intern Med 23:824-31. 2009..Mitral valve regurgitation (MR) causes increased left atrial pressure (LAP) and is associated with occurrence of clinical signs. It will be useful to understand diurnal variations of LAP for the management of MR...
- Successful mitral valve replacement in a patient with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VIHiroshi Takano
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 80:320-2. 2005..The excised mitral leaflet showed significant myxomatous change and decrease in collagen fibers. We believe this is the first report of cardiac surgery in a patient with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VI...
- Mitral valve replacement in idiopathic eosinophilic endocarditis without peripheral eosinophiliaJean François Fuzellier
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Hopital Robert Debre, Reims, France
J Card Surg 20:472-4. 2005..This report describes a patient who presented mitral insufficiency caused by eosinophilic endocarditis without peripheral eosinophilia who underwent mitral valve replacement...
- Contribution of ischemic mitral regurgitation to congestive heart failure after myocardial infarctionFrancesco Grigioni
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:260-7. 2005..The purpose of this study was to define the contribution of ischemic mitral regurgitation (IMR) to the occurrence of congestive heart failure (CHF) after myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Acute and chronic reduction of functional mitral regurgitation in experimental heart failure by percutaneous mitral annuloplastyCalin V Maniu
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:1652-61. 2004..Further, we evaluated the potential for adverse effects on left ventricular (LV) function and coronary perfusion...
- Several new considerations in mitral valve repairJ Scott Rankin
Centennial Medical Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 13:399-409. 2004..iii) Are valve procedures in ischemic mitral regurgitation (MR) still associated with less satisfactory early and late outcomes?; and (iv) Is prophylactic amiodarone therapy safe and effective in reducing postoperative arrhythmias?..
- Transcatheter valve-in-valve implantation for failed bioprosthetic heart valvesJohn G Webb
St Paul s Hospital, 1081 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Circulation 121:1848-57. 2010..Transcatheter heart valve implantation within a failed bioprosthesis, a "valve-in-valve" procedure, may offer a less invasive alternative...
- The effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors of left atrial pressure in dogs with mitral valve regurgitationT Ishikawa
Department of Veterinary Surgery, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Intern Med 24:342-7. 2010..Despite many epidemiological reports concerning the efficacy of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors in dogs with mitral regurgitation (MR), the hemodynamic effects of ACE inhibitor administration have not been fully evaluated...
- Detection of mechanisms of immediate failure by transesophageal echocardiography in quadrangular resection mitral valve repair technique for severe mitral regurgitationEustachio Agricola
Division of Non Invasive Cardiology, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Am J Cardiol 91:175-9. 2003..IOTEE identified the mechanisms of the immediate failure and guided further repair procedures, thus reducing the incidence of valve replacement (0.5%) without increasing perioperative mortality and morbility...
- Catheter-based approach to mitral regurgitationJosé Antonio Condado
Cardiology Unit, Hospital Miguel Perez Carreno, Caracas, Venezuela
J Interv Cardiol 16:523-34. 2003..Future directions may include the percutaneous transcatheter implantation of a bioprosthetic valve in mitral position...
- Surgical reconstruction techniques for mitral valve insufficiency from lesions with restricted leaflet motion in infants and childrenEva Maria Delmo Walter
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 143:S48-53. 2012We report our 23-year experience with leaflet and annular remodeling techniques in infants and children with congenital mitral valve insufficiency from lesions with restricted leaflet motion (type III).
- [Quantification of mitral valve insufficiency by Doppler echocardiography. Correlation with cine-angiography in 60 patients]H Mann
Clinique Cardiologique et Urgences Cardiologiques, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Grenoble
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:331-7. 1994....
- Real-time three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography for assessment of mitral valve functional anatomy in patients with prolapse-related regurgitationGiovanni La Canna
Echocardiography Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Am J Cardiol 107:1365-74. 2011..In conclusion, RT3D-TEE provided more accurate mapping of MV prolapse than 2D imaging and RT3D-TTE, adding quantitative recognition of dominant and secondary lesions and MV anatomy details...
- Mitral valve morphology assessment: three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography versus computed tomographyMiriam Shanks
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ann Thorac Surg 90:1922-9. 2010..The present study compared mitral valve geometry measurements obtained by three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) to those obtained with multidetector row computed tomography (MDCT) used as a standard reference...
- Should all ischemic mitral regurgitation be repaired? When should we replace?Damien J LaPar
Division of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Curr Opin Cardiol 26:113-7. 2011..The purpose of this review is to describe current surgical options for IMR and to discuss when mitral valve replacement (MVR) may be favored over mitral valve repair...
- Transaortic mitral valve repair in double valve infective endocarditisMorteza Tavakkoli Hosseini
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, St George s Hospital, London, UK
J Card Surg 25:651-3. 2010..Through a conventional oblique aortotomy, the aneurysmal part of the anterior leaflet of the mitral valve was excised, an artificial neo chorda was implanted, and the aortic valve was replaced. ..
- Multiplane two-dimensional versus real time three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography in ischemic mitral regurgitationKhalil Fattouch
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Echocardiography 28:1125-32. 2011..We undertook a prospective comparison between multiplane 2D and 3D TEE for the assessment of IMR...
- Probabilistic Modeling of Stenotic Aortic Valve InterventionWei Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- University of Montreal Cardiac Surgery Clinical Investigation GroupLOUIS PAUL PERRAULT; Fiscal Year: 2013..End of Abstract) ..
- A percutaneous cardiac implant to treat mitral valve regurgitationMichael Lesh; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our long- term goal is approval by the FDA for commercial sale within the US via the Premarket Approval process. ..
- Stabilization Device for Transseptal AccessMARK CHRISTIAN SVENDSEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal addresses a clinically significant problem with applications that can reach beyond treatment of MR to multiple TS left heart procedures. ..
- Using gold nanorods to modify the extracellular matrix and mechanical propertiesEdie C Goldsmith; Fiscal Year: 2010..The work proposed herein will take a novel approach using gold nanorods to regulate cell behavior, collagen assembly and the mechanical properties of heart valves. ..
- Network for Cardiothoracic Surgical Investigations in Cardiovascular MedicineIrving L Kron; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preliminary data have suggested that this intervention will reduce mortality and morbidity in cardiac surgical patients even without atherosclerosis. (End of Abstract) ..
- MITRAL VALVE REGURGITATION INDUCES STRUCTURAL CHANGESRichard Cochran; Fiscal Year: 2000..to answer: (6) Do the microstructural and mechanical property changes significantly alter valve function as tested in a finite element computer model of the mitral valve? 7) Should clinical management of mitral valve disease be altered? ..
- A Nanofibrous Bioactive Prosthetic Sewing CuffMatthew Phaneuf; Fiscal Year: 2009..this number increasing due to an aging population and, to a lesser extent, a more aggressive approach to mitral valve insufficiency. Bacterial infection (prosthetic valve endocarditis or PVE) and thrombosis/thromboembolisms are major ..
- MYOCARDIAL DEFECTS INDUCED BY POTASSIUM DEPLETIONCARLOS HARRISON; Fiscal Year: 1980..Previous observations suggest that patients free of evidence of coronary disease with long-standing mitral valve insufficiency (volume overload) may fail to improve following replacement of the mitral valves because of continued ..
- DEVELOP A HEMOCOMPATIBLE, EASY-TO-USE, COST-EFFECTIVE BLOOD PURIFICPhillip Chan; Fiscal Year: 2013..During this feasibility phase a mature catheter system will be developed to consolidate the method developed by NIH researchers. This will improve the efficacy and determine the commercialization potential. ..
- SBIR TT - Transcatheter Cerclage Mitral Valve Annulopasty for SeconMATT POLLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..During this feasibility phase a mature catheter system will be developed to consolidate the method developed by NIH researchers. This will improve the efficacy and determine the commercialization potential. ..
- Biopolymer injection for treatment of ischemic MRJudy Hung; Fiscal Year: 2007..Van Wedeen) and cardiovascular physiology and surgery (Dr. Vlahakes). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISM & THERAPY OF POST-MI MITRAL REGURGITATIONJudy Hung; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Functional MR in Ischemic CardiomyopathyPaul Grayburn; Fiscal Year: 2007..Despite its known clinical utility for assessing the mechanism and severity of MR, TEE is not currently included in STICH. ..
- Strain induced myopathy in post infarction heart failureJoseph Gorman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VENTRICULAR REMODELING IN HEART FAILUREPaul Grayburn; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ACTIVE PATCH THERAPY FOR ISCHEMIC MITRAL REGURGITATIONRobert Levine; Fiscal Year: 2004..Vlahakes and Prof. Menasche). ..
- Functional Roles of Cell Phenotypes in Myxomatous Mitral Valve DiseaseKATHRYN GRANDE ALLEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..To understand why the valve changes, we plan to grow cells from mitral valves in an incubator and use stretching conditions to mimic the circumstances of the disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRAINING GRANT IN MOLECULAR CARDIOLOGYMark Entman; Fiscal Year: 2008..This integrated design has consistently proven to be effective in providing successful independent and competitive investigators in molecular biology of cardiovascular medicine. ..
- Bioreactor Organ Cultures of Serotonergic ValvulopathiesKATHRYN GRANDE ALLEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the future, similar methods can be used to screen potentially damaging drugs and to understand other valve diseases - both essential to public health. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development and Clinical Testing of CorAide RVAD/BVADKiyotaka Fukamachi; Fiscal Year: 2008..The successful completion of this program will provide clinicians and patients with a safe and effective option for outpatient mechanical support that allows an excellent quality of life. ..
- Tissue Engineering Analysis of PG-Dependent BiomechanicsKATHRYN GRANDE ALLEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..This basic research will improve our understanding of biomechanics, development, and the growth of replacement tissues. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Angiogenesis and Cardiac Growth as Heart Failure TherapyY Woo; Fiscal Year: 2008..The candidate's institution, sponsor, and chairman provide a uniquely supportive, high-caliber, educationally stimulating environment highly conducive to the achievement of these goals. ..
- ANGIOTENSIN-II BLOCKADE IN MITRAL REGURGITATIONMaurice Enriquez Sarano; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this clinical trial should provide strong evidence regarding medical treatment of patients with organic MR and define future strategies to minimize mortality and morbidity of organic MR. ..
- ACHA Research Symposium Adult Congenital Heart DiseaseElyse Foster; Fiscal Year: 2006..Outstanding junior investigators will be given the opportunity to present their research. The Symposium will conclude with each subsection recommending specific future research endeavors and outlining necessary future actions. ..
- NEW TARGETED THERAPIES FOR ISCHEMIC MITRAL REGURGITATIONRobert Levine; Fiscal Year: 2008..The overall goal is to provide a sound basis for more consistent and effective repair of ischemic MR to reduce this frequent stimulus to heart failure in patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mitral Annular Remodeling for MR TherapyKiyotaka Fukamachi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Therefore, this proposed research program is an important first step in this novel procedure's development as one potential therapeutic option for high-risk CHF patients with functional MR. ..
- Libman-Sacks Endocarditis and NPSLECarlos Roldan; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- The Emory-Morehouse Partnership to Reduce CV DisparitiesArshed Quyyumi; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 4: To enhance the education/training of fellows/practitioners engaged in CVD disparities research/practice and promote partnerships that enhance cardiovascular health within ethnic communities. ..
- Pulmonary Hypertension and the Hypoxic Response in SCDVictor Gordeuk; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 3. Using micro array analysis and high throughput genotyping, examine patterns of gene expression and candidate gene polymorphisms of the HIF-mediated hypoxic response in SCD and CP patients with and without PHTN. ..
- An Automated System to Monitor Medical Device SafetyFrederic Resnic; Fiscal Year: 2009..This approach can be readily extended to monitor the safety of technologies outside of interventional cardiology as outcomes data repositories become available. ..
- Annular and Sub-Valvular Repair Techniques for Ischemic Mitral Regurgitation: In-Ajit P Yoganathan; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Controlled Reperfusion for Whole Body Ischemic InjuryGerald Buckberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..If this novel method of management is correct, the scheme of diagnosis and management of this almost always fatal cardiac arrest complex will change markedly. ..
- 13C and 15N MRS Study of glutamate control in epilepsyBrian Ross; Fiscal Year: 2009..Together these studies will contribute to a better understanding of the regulatory events of the GLN/GLU cycle in KA and increase potential to replace surgical management of temporal lobe epilepsy. ..
- Howard-CNMC Sickle Cell Disease Clinical CenterVictor Gordeuk; Fiscal Year: 2008..A major feature of both sickle cell programs has always been continuity of care and participation in collaborative research. ..
- SEVERE MALARIAL ANEMIA AND ALTERED IMMUNE FUNCTIONVictor Gordeuk; Fiscal Year: 2004..The nutritional status, underlying parasitic infections, and genotypes and numbers of infecting P. falciparum strains will also be characterized. ..
- Retrograde In Situ Isolated Cardiac Gene DeliveryCharles Bridges; Fiscal Year: 2004..Further development of this approach may ultimately lead to the development of clinically relevant techniques of therapeutic cardiac gene delivery for the treatment of heart failure of diverse etiologies. ..
- Endocytosis in cardiac myocytesIon Jovin; Fiscal Year: 2005..The discoverry of polypeptides that guide macromolecules to specific cellular organelles or compartments can have profound implications for understanding microbial invasion and for refining gene therapy. ..
- Grape Seed Extract-Cardiac Impact and Drug InteractionSteven Bolling; Fiscal Year: 2005..Considering the increasing use of this botanical extract, improved knowledge of safety and efficacy is imperative. ..
- Decision Making in End-Stage Heart FailurePaul Hauptman; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving Flow Dynamics in Fontan SurgeriesAjit Yoganathan; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Thrombophilia In Cryptogenic Stroke (THICK) StudyJORGE KIZER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Interactions among thrombophilias, thrombophilias and traditional cardiovascular risk factors, and thrombophilias and other potential cardiac sources of embolism will also be investigated. ..
- OPIOID HIBERNATION FACTORS FOR MYOCARDIAL PROTECTIONSteven Bolling; Fiscal Year: 2002..The ability of the delta opioids to effect myocardial protection suggests that the use of these molecules may be valuable in many clinical scenarios resulting in ischemia. ..
- Endothelial Hyperpolarization in HumansArshed Quyyumi; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Extracellular Mechanisms For Thoracic Aortic AneurysmsJohn Ikonomidis; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- PASADENA: Ultra-fast Carbon 13 Imaging for Early Diagnosis of CancerPratip Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Proteomic Discovery of Biomaterial AntigensE Orton; Fiscal Year: 2007..e. tissue engineering). This application provides information about immune rejection of biomaterials that must be better understood before animal tissues can be used in tissue engineering. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- STICH Trial Radionuclide Core LaboratoryRobert Bonow; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- STICH Trial-Echocardiographic Core LaboratoryJae Oh; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Pathophysiology/Clinical Outcomes/Patients/EndocarditisChristopher Cabell; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings of this study have implications not only for clinical care but will also provide a foundation of knowledge and network of investigators from which subsequent randomized trials can be conducted. ..
- Fluid Mechanics of the Mitral Valve: In Vitro StudiesAjit Yoganathan; Fiscal Year: 2004..The use of state of the art measurement systems unavailable for in vivo use will yield significant results. ..
- Myocardial Gene Transfer during Cardiac Surgery in SwineCarmelo Milano; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will help to develop safer and more efficient methods for gene delivery which can be coupled to cardiac surgery. As our knowledge advances, gene therapy may supplement established surgical treatments. ..