Summary: Rapid, irregular atrial contractions due to an abnormality of atrial excitation.
Publications301 found, 100 shown here
- Mapping of atrial activation with a noncontact, multielectrode catheter in dogsA Kadish
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Feinberg Cardiovascular Research Institute, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Circulation 99:1906-13. 1999..Although this approach is adequate for many tachyarrhythmias, it has limitations. The purpose of this study was to evaluate a novel noncontact mapping system for assessing atrial tachyarrhythmias...
- ACC/AHA/Physician Consortium 2008 Clinical Performance Measures for Adults with Nonvalvular Atrial Fibrillation or Atrial Flutter: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Performance Measures and the PhysiciN A Mark Estes
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:865-84. 2008
- Non-contact mapping to guide radiofrequency ablation of atypical right atrial flutterChing Tai Tai
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:1080-6. 2004..This study was aimed at evaluating the efficacy of non-contact mapping and ablation of non-incisional atypical right atrial (RA) flutters...
- Characteristics of virtual unipolar electrograms for detecting isthmus block during radiofrequency ablation of typical atrial flutterYenn Jiang Lin
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:2300-4. 2004..of the second component of local virtual unipolar electrograms recorded at the ablation line during coronary sinus (CS) pacing after radiofrequency ablation (RFA) of the cavotricuspid isthmus (CTI) for typical atrial flutter (AFL).
- The natural history of lone atrial flutterSean C Halligan
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Intern Med 140:265-8. 2004The natural history of atrial flutter is not well defined.
- Validity of the diagnoses atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter in a Danish patient registryThomas Andersen Rix
Department of Cardiology, Aalborg AF Study Group, Center for Cardiovascular Research, Aalborg Hospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Scand Cardiovasc J 46:149-53. 2012To assess the validity of the diagnoses of atrial fibrillation (AF) and atrial flutter (AFL) for men and women recorded in the Danish National Patient Registry, and to assess the relative distribution of AF and AFL.
- Relation of the severity of obstructive sleep apnea in response to anti-arrhythmic drugs in patients with atrial fibrillation or atrial flutterKen Monahan
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Am J Cardiol 110:369-72. 2012..In conclusion, patients with severe OSA are less likely to respond to AAD therapy for AF than those with milder forms of OSA...
- Prednisone prevents inducible atrial flutter in the canine sterile pericarditis modelRobert N Goldstein
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 19:74-81. 2008Atrial fibrillation (AF) and atrial flutter (AFL) are common following cardiac surgery and are associated with significant morbidity...
- Initial clinical experience with a remote magnetic catheter navigation system for ablation of cavotricuspid isthmus-dependent right atrial flutterArash Arya
Department of Electrophysiology, University of Leipzig, Heart Center, Leipzig, Germany
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 31:597-603. 2008..arrhythmias; however, it has not been evaluated for the ablation of cavotricuspid isthmus-dependent right atrial flutter (AFL)...
- Analysis of stroke in ATHENA: a placebo-controlled, double-blind, parallel-arm trial to assess the efficacy of dronedarone 400 mg BID for the prevention of cardiovascular hospitalization or death from any cause in patients with atrial fibrillation/atrial Stuart J Connolly
FRCPC, Division of Cardiology, Hamilton Health Sciences, General Site, 502 237 Barton St E, Hamilton, Ontario L8L 2X2, Canada
Circulation 120:1174-80. 2009..A placebo-controlled, double-blind, parallel-arm Trial to assess the efficacy of dronedarone 400 mg BID for the prevention of cardiovascular Hospitalization or death from any cause in patiENts with Atrial fibrillation/atrial flutter).
- Prognostic differences between atrial fibrillation and atrial flutterPaul Lelorier
Division of Cardiology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Am J Cardiol 93:647-9. 2004..We also evaluated warfarin use over time and compared left atrial dimensions in patients with atrial flutter with those with atrial fibrillation.
- Right coronary artery occlusion during RF ablation of typical atrial flutterAndrew Mykytsey
Sections of Cardiology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 21:818-21. 2010..We report 2 cases of RCA occlusion during ablation of typical atrial flutter (AFL). Angiographic and anatomical correlations are illustrated...
- CHADS2 and CHA2DS2-VASc risk factors to predict first cardiovascular hospitalization among atrial fibrillation/atrial flutter patientsGerald V Naccarelli
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute, Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Cardiol 109:1526-33. 2012..concerning risk factors for cardiovascular (CV) hospitalization in patients with atrial fibrillation (AF) or atrial flutter (AFL)...
- Acute coronary occlusion during radiofrequency catheter ablation of typical atrial flutterSana Ouali
Department of Cardiology, Rouen University Hospital, France
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 13:1047-9. 2002..acute right coronary artery occlusion in an adult patient during radiofrequency catheter ablation of typical atrial flutter. ST segment elevation rapidly resolved with antithrombotic therapy...
- Predisposing factors and incidence of newly diagnosed atrial fibrillation in an urban African community: insights from the Heart of Soweto StudyKaren Sliwa
Preventative Health, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, St Kilda Rd Central, Melbourne, VIC 8008, Australia
Heart 96:1878-82. 2010..Little is known about the incidence and clinical characteristics of newly diagnosed atrial fibrillation/flutter (AF) in urban Africans in epidemiological transition...
- Prognosis and guideline-adherent antithrombotic treatment in patients with atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter: implications of undertreatment and overtreatment in real-life clinical practice; the Loire Valley Atrial Fibrillation ProjectLaurent Gorin
Service de cardiologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Trousseau, Tours, France
Chest 140:911-7. 2011..The study objective was to evaluate whether this was also the case in a large contemporary series of unselected patients with AF in real-world clinical practice...
- Mechanism underlying initiation of paroxysmal atrial flutter/atrial fibrillation by ectopic foci: a simulation studyYunfan Gong
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Circulation 115:2094-102. 2007The mechanisms underlying paroxysmal atrial flutter/atrial fibrillation initiation by ectopic foci from various locations are unclear.
- Verification of linear lesions using a noncontact multielectrode array catheter versus conventional contact mapping techniquesB Schumacher
Department of Cardiology, University of Bonn, Germany
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 10:791-8. 1999..In this study, we prospectively compared the accuracy of noncontact mapping to identify discontinuities in linear lesions and to verify a conduction block with that of conventional mapping techniques...
- Inter-relationships of atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter mechanisms and clinical implicationsAlbert L Waldo
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Case Western Reserve University University Hospitals of Cleveland Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 5038, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:779-86. 2008There is a close interrelationship between atrial fibrillation (AF) and atrial flutter (AFL)...
- Dronedarone for the treatment of atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter: approval and efficacyDeborah Wolbrette
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute, Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033 0850, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 6:517-23. 2010..has now been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for use in patients with atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter. Approval came in March 2009 due to the positive results of the ATHENA trial showing significant reductions in ..
- ACC/AHA/Physician Consortium 2008 clinical performance measures for adults with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Performance Measures and the PhysiciN A Mark Estes
Circulation 117:1101-20. 2008
- Risk of atrial fibrillation associated with use of bisphosphonates and other drugs against osteoporosis: a cohort studyPeter Vestergaard
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism C, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2, 8000 Arhus C, Denmark
Calcif Tissue Int 86:335-42. 2010..The main outcome measure was atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter. Before initiation of treatment against osteoporosis, no excess of atrial fibrillation or flutter was present ..
- Catheter ablation of common-type atrial flutter guided by three-dimensional right atrial geometry reconstruction and catheter tracking using cutaneous patches: a randomized prospective studyRodolfo Ventura
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 15:1157-61. 2004..NavX is particularly suitable for ablation procedures utilizing an anatomic approach, as in the setting of common-type atrial flutter (AFL). The aim of this study was to compare NavX-guided and conventional ablation procedures for AFL.
- Randomized study comparing combined pulmonary vein-left atrial junction disconnection and cavotricuspid isthmus ablation versus pulmonary vein-left atrial junction disconnection alone in patients presenting with typical atrial flutter and atrial fibrillatOussama Wazni
Center for Atrial Fibrillation, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Circulation 108:2479-83. 2003b>Atrial flutter (AFL) and atrial fibrillation (AF) frequently coexist in the same patient. Recently it has been demonstrated that the triggers for both AF and AFL may originate in the pulmonary veins (PVs)...
- Prognostic significance of atrial fibrillation/atrial flutter in patients with acute myocardial infarction treated with percutaneous coronary interventionKunihiro Kinjo
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Am J Cardiol 92:1150-4. 2003..Patients were categorized into 2 groups according to the presence of AF or atrial flutter. The incidence of AF was 12.0%...
- [Comparison between therapeutic effects of acupuncture and intravenous injection of amiodarone in the treatment of paroxymal atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter]Hong Ke Xu
Liaocheng Hospital of TCM, Shandong 252000, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 27:96-8. 2007To probe the feasibility of acupuncture in conversion of paroxymal atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter.
- Acute myocardial infarction after radiofrequency catheter ablation of typical atrial flutter: histopathological findings and etiopathogenetic hypothesisBiagio Sassone
Division of Cardiology, Hospital of Bentivoglio, Bentivoglio BO, Italy
Ital Heart J 5:403-7. 2004..represents the targeting site for radiofrequency (RF) current application during ablation treatment of typical atrial flutter. Despite the vicinity of the right coronary artery (RCA) to the RF application site and the long energy ..
- Long term follow up of radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrial flutter: clinical course and predictors of atrial fibrillation occurrenceE Bertaglia
Department of Cardiology, Ospedale Civile, Mirano, Italy
Heart 90:59-63. 2004To evaluate the time to onset and the predictors of atrial fibrillation (AF) during long term follow up of patients with typical atrial flutter (AFL) treated with transisthmic ablation.
- Electrical remodeling of the atrium in an anatomic model of atrial flutter: relationship between substrate and triggers for conversion to atrial fibrillationJoseph B Morton
Royal Melbourne Hospital, Department of Cardiology, Melbourne, Australia
Circulation 105:258-64. 2002b>Atrial flutter (AFL) and atrial fibrillation (AF) frequently coexist, yet the specific relationship between these arrhythmias, and particularly whether sustained AFL leads to AF, is unknown.
- Mechanisms of atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation: distinct entities or two sides of a coin?Albert L Waldo
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, MS 5038, University Hospitals of Cleveland Case Western Reserve University, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 5038, USA
Cardiovasc Res 54:217-29. 2002
- Incremental cost burden to US healthcare payers of atrial fibrillation/atrial flutter patients with additional risk factorsAlpesh N Amin
University of California Irvine Medical Center, Irvine, CA 92868, USA
Adv Ther 28:907-26. 2011Atrial fibrillation (AF) and atrial flutter (AFL) patients often have cardiovascular (CV) comorbidities, and have an increased risk of hospitalization and death...
- Use of ibutilide in cardioversion of patients with atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter treated with class IC agentsRichard H Hongo
University of California, San Francisco 94143 1354, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:864-8. 2004We sought to assess the efficacy and safety of ibutilide cardioversion for those with atrial fibrillation (AF) or atrial flutter (AFL) receiving long-term treatmentwith class IC agents.
- Atrial flutter and fibrillation in patients with pulmonary hypertensionKaren M Olsson
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Int J Cardiol 167:2300-5. 2013b>Atrial flutter and fibrillation are being increasingly reported in patients with pulmonary hypertension but little is known about their clinical implications...
- The interrelationship between atrial fibrillation and atrial flutterAlbert L Waldo
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 48:41-56. 2005For a long time, it has been known that atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter have a close clinical interrelationship...
- Three-dimensional noncontact mapping defines two zones of slow conduction in the circuit of typical atrial flutterJian Chen
Department of Heart Disease, Haukeland University Hospital, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:318-22. 2003The cavotricuspid isthmus (CTI) is a slow conduction area in the circuit of typical atrial flutter. However, conventional methods are limited by the inaccuracy of measurements of distance on the surface of the heart...
- Transplacental digoxin therapy for fetal atrial flutter with hydrops fetalisKai yu Zhou
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, West China Second University Hospital, West China Medical School, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
World J Pediatr 8:275-7. 2012Without timely treatment, fetal atrial flutter (AF) could result in congestive heart failure, hydrops fetalis and even fetal demise.
- Alcohol and risk of atrial fibrillation or flutter: a cohort studyLars Frost
Department of Cardiology, Aarhus Amtssygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Arch Intern Med 164:1993-8. 2004..The evidence for an association between alcohol consumption and risk of atrial fibrillation is conflicting...
- Inter-relationships between atrial flutter and atrial fibrillationAlbert L Waldo
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 50388, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:1583-96. 2003It has been appreciated for a long time that atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation have a clinical relationship...
- Ibutilide added to propafenone for the conversion of atrial fibrillation and atrial flutterJohn A Chiladakis
Cardiology Department, Patras University Hospital, Rio, Patras, Greece
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:859-63. 2004We evaluated the safety and efficacy of ibutilide when added to propafenone in treating both paroxysmal and chronic atrial fibrillation (AF) and atrial flutter (AFL).
- Noncontact electroanatomic mapping to characterize typical atrial flutter: participation of right atrial posterior wall in the reentrant circuitSanjay Dixit
Cardiovascular Division, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 22:422-30. 2011Reentry utilizing cavotricuspid isthmus (CTI) is accepted as the mechanism underlying typical atrial flutter (AFLT). However, it is unclear how the right atrial (RA) posterior wall (PW) participates in AFLT circuit...
- Risk of stroke and atrial fibrillation after radiofrequency catheter ablation of typical atrial flutterTodd T Tomson
Hospital of University of Pennsylvania, and Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Heart Rhythm 9:1779-84. 2012Studies suggest that 18%-50% of the patients develop atrial fibrillation (AF) after typical atrial flutter (AFL) ablation...
- Catheter ablation of typical atrial flutter in severe pulmonary hypertensionJason Bradfield
UCLA Cardiac Arrhythmia Center, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1679, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 23:1185-90. 2012Radiofrequency ablation is first-line therapy for atrial flutter (AFL). There are no studies of ablation in patients with severe pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
- Atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter in athletesNaiara Calvo
Arrhythmia Unit, Department of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Navarra, Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Br J Sports Med 46:i37-43. 2012..Recent studies suggest that long-term endurance exercise may increase the incidence of AF and atrial flutter (AFl) in this population...
- Prolonged ventricular asystole, sinus arrest, and paroxysmal atrial flutter-fibrillation: an uncommon presentation of vasovagal syncopeHsin Hua Chou
Department of Cardiology, Chang Gung University, and Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Linkou, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:914-7. 2003..Paroxysmal atrial flutter-fibrillation was also presented during Holter electrocardiograph (ECG) monitoring without clinical symptom...
- Efficacy and safety of vernakalant in patients with atrial flutter: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialA John Camm
St George s University of London, London, UK
Europace 14:804-9. 2012..This study examined the safety and efficacy of vernakalant in converting atrial flutter (AFL) to sinus rhythm.
- Results from the Loire-Ardèche-Drôme-Isère-Puy-de-Dôme (LADIP) trial on atrial flutter, a multicentric prospective randomized study comparing amiodarone and radiofrequency ablation after the first episode of symptomatic atrial flutterAntoine Da Costa
Division of Cardiology, University Jean Monnet in Saint Etienne, Saint Etienne, France
Circulation 114:1676-81. 2006..comparing amiodarone therapy and radiofrequency catheter ablation (RFA) after only 1 episode of symptomatic atrial flutter (AFL)...
- Long-term outcome of patients after successful radiofrequency ablation for typical atrial flutterDavid M Gilligan
Electrophysiology Section, Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Hunter Holmes McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:53-8. 2003..of the study was to determine the long-term freedom from atrial arrhythmias after radiofrequency ablation of atrial flutter and to determine the factors associated with recurrent arrhythmias...
- Action potential characteristics in the sinus venosa of patients with and without atrial flutterMasahide Harada
Division of Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology, Shizuoka Saiseikai General Hospital, Shizuoka, Japan
Circ J 73:647-53. 2009A functional line of conduction block is often observed in the sinus venosa (SV) during typical atrial flutter (AFL)...
- Long-term outcomes after catheter ablation of cavo-tricuspid isthmus dependent atrial flutter: a meta-analysisFrancisco J Perez
Division of Cardiology, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, VA 23298 0053, USA
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 2:393-401. 2009Despite the success of catheter ablation of cavotricuspid isthmus-dependent atrial flutter (AFL), important postablation outcomes are ill-defined...
- Accuracy of diagnosing atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation from a surface electrocardiogram by hospital physicians: analysis of data from internal medicine departmentsArthur Shiyovich
Cardiology Department, Soroka University Medical Center, Ashkelon, Israel
Am J Med Sci 340:271-5. 2010Atrial fibrillation (AF) and atrial flutter (AFL) are clinically and electrocardiographically similar. However, considering significant therapeutic differences, differentiation of these 2 arrhythmias is essential...
- Atrial flutter/atrial fibrillation associated with lacosamide for partial seizuresChristopher M DeGiorgio
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Epilepsy Behav 18:322-4. 2010..To our knowledge, atrial flutter or atrial fibrillation has not been reported in people with epilepsy...
- Comparison of 8-mm-tip and irrigated-tip catheters in the ablation of isthmus-dependent atrial flutter: a prospective randomized trialAlejandro Cuesta
Sección de Arritmias, Instituto Clínico del Tórax, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Esp Cardiol 62:750-6. 2009Both 8-mm-tip and irrigated-tip catheters improve outcomes in typical atrial flutter ablation. However, it is not yet known which is preferable...
- Acute resumption of conduction in the cavotricuspid isthmus after catheter ablation in patients with common atrial flutter. Real-time evaluation and long-term follow-upJ Chen
Department of Heart Disease, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Europace 4:255-63. 2002Cavotricuspid isthmus conduction (CIC) is closely associated with the maintenance and recurrence of common atrial flutter (AFL)...
- Frequency and predictors of tachycardia-induced cardiomyopathy in patients with persistent atrial flutterStephen Pizzale
University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Can J Cardiol 25:469-72. 2009There are few data on the frequency and predictors of tachycardia-induced cardiomyopathy (TICM) in patients with persistent atrial flutter.
- Incidence and predictive factors of atrial fibrillation after ablation of typical atrial flutterValerie Laurent
Pôle CTVH, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Trousseau, 37044 Tours Cedex 1, France
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 24:119-25. 2009Although cavotricuspid isthmus radiofrequency catheter ablation is considered curative therapy for typical atrial flutter, many patients develop an atrial fibrillation after ablation...
- [Quality of life differences in patients with typical atrial flutter following cavotricuspid isthmus ablation]Javier García Seara
Unidad de Arritmias, Servicio de Cardiologia, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Santiago de Compostela, A Coruna, Espana
Rev Esp Cardiol 64:401-8. 2011..of the study was to assess and measure health-related quality of life (HRQoL) changes in patients with typical atrial flutter following catheter ablation...
- Feasibility and acute efficacy of radiofrequency ablation of cavotricuspid isthmus-dependent atrial flutter guided by real-time 3D TEEFrancois Regoli
Division of Cardiology, Fondazione Cardiocentro Ticino, Lugano, Switzerland
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 4:716-26. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility and acute efficacy of real-time 3-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography (RT3DTEE)-guided ablation of the cavotricuspid isthmus (CVTI)...
- The relationship between sinus node dysfunction, bradycardia-mediated atrial remodelling, and post-operative atrial flutter in patients with congenital heart defectsNatasja M S de Groot
Eur Heart J 27:2036-7. 2006
- Alcohol intake is significantly associated with atrial flutter in patients under 60 years of age and a shorter right atrial effective refractory periodGregory M Marcus
Division of Cardiology, Electrophysiology Section, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 31:266-72. 2008Although evidence suggests that alcohol is associated with atrial fibrillation (AF), the association between alcohol and atrial flutter (AFL) has not been examined. The mechanism connecting alcohol and atrial arrhythmias is unknown.
- Prospective randomized comparison of a steerable versus a non-steerable sheath for typical atrial flutter ablationSeiichiro Matsuo
Department of Cardiology, Jikei University School of Medicine, 3 25 8 Nishi shinbashi, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 8461, Japan
Europace 12:402-9. 2010Although cavotricuspid isthmus (CTI) ablation can cure typical atrial flutter (AFL), it might be difficult to achieve a bidirectional conduction block in the isthmus in some patients...
- Mode switching failure during atrial flutter: the '2:1 lock-in' phenomenonM Goethals
Cardiovascular Centre Aalst, OLV Ziekenhuis, Moorselbaan 164, Aalst 9300, Belgium
Europace 5:95-102. 2003To evaluate incidence and mechanism of a special form of automatic mode switching (MS) failure in patients with atrial flutter.
- [Cardiac tamponade with paroxysmal atrial flutter controlled by antituberculous therapy]Akiyoshi Ogimoto
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Ehime University School of Medicine
Nihon Ronen Igakkai Zasshi 41:112-6. 2004..case of possible extrapulmonary tuberculosis in an 83-year-old man who had cardiac tamponade and paroxysmal atrial flutter. The patient was admitted to our hospital because of syncope...
- Characterization of atrial remodeling studied remote from episodes of typical atrial flutterMartin K Stiles
Department of Cardiology, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Am J Cardiol 106:528-34. 2010Atrial electrical remodeling has been shown after termination of atrial flutter (AFL); however, whether abnormalities persist beyond an arrhythmic episode is not known...
- Endurance sport practice as a risk factor for atrial fibrillation and atrial flutterLluis Mont
Thorax Institute, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Institut d Investigacio Biomedica August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Villarroel 170, Barcelona 08036, Catalonia, Spain
Europace 11:11-7. 2009....
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society atrial fibrillation guidelines 2010: catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation/atrial flutterAtul Verma
Southlake Regional Health Centre, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Can J Cardiol 27:60-6. 2011..In contrast to AF, catheter ablation of atrial flutter has a higher success rate with a smaller incidence of complications...
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation of various kinds of arrhythmias guided by virtual electrograms using a noncontact, computerized mapping systemKaoru Okishige
Cardiovascular Center, Yokohama Red Cross Hospital, Yokohama City, Japan
Circ J 67:455-60. 2003..In 8 patients with various kinds of arrhythmias (3 with atrial flutter, 2 with right ventricular outflow tract ventricular tachycardia, 1 with idiopathic left ventricular ..
- Electroanatomic mapping of postpacing intervals clarifies the complete active circuit and variants in atrial flutterPeter A Santucci
Division of Cardiology, Loyola University, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Heart Rhythm 6:1586-95. 2009Typical atrial flutter is characterized by cavotricuspid isthmus dependence and activation sequentially around the tricuspid annulus (TA), usually counterclockwise...
- Feasibility of contrast-enhanced and nonenhanced MRI for intraprocedural and postprocedural lesion visualization in interventional electrophysiology: animal studies and early delineation of isthmus ablation lesions in patients with typical atrial flutterPeter Nordbeck
Department of Internal Medicine I Cardiology, University Hospital Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 4:282-94. 2011..The aim of this study was to establish clinically suitable MRI-based imaging techniques for intraprocedural lesion visualization in interventional electrophysiology...
- Typical atrial flutter with atypical flutter wave morphology due to abnormal interatrial conductionTadanobu Irie
Department of Medicine and Biological Science, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 39 22 Showa, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Cardiol J 18:450-3. 2011We report a case of typical counterclockwise atrial flutter (AFL) with conduction block from right to left atrium along the coronary sinus (CS) musculature, confirmed by discontinuous CS activation sequence during pacing near the ostium ..
- Left atrial volume index as a predictor for occurrence of atrial fibrillation after ablation of typical atrial flutterYoung Soo Lee
Division of Cardiology, Catholic University of Daegu, Daegu, Republic of Korea
J Cardiol 56:348-53. 2010Radiofrequency catheter ablation of the cavotricuspid isthmus (CTI) is effective in the treatment of typical atrial flutter (AFL) and atrial fibrillation (AF). AF and AFL often coexist...
- Atypical left atrial flutter after intraoperative radiofrequency ablation of chronic atrial fibrillation: successful ablation using three-dimensional electroanatomic mappingF Duru
Department of Cardiology, University of Leipzig-Heart Center, Germany
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 12:602-5. 2001..However, atypical left atrial flutter may occur during follow-up after intraoperative ablation of AF...
- Entrainment mapping of dual-loop macroreentry in common atrial flutter: new insights into the atrial flutter circuitAkira Fujiki
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama, Japan
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 15:679-85. 2004The aim of this study was to determine using entrainment mapping whether the reentrant circuit of common type atrial flutter (AFL) is single loop or dual loop.
- Real-time integration of intracardiac echocardiography and 3D electroanatomical mapping to guide catheter ablation of isthmus-dependent atrial flutter in a patient with complete situs inversus and interruption of the inferior vena cava with azygos continuGiovanni B Forleo
Cardiac Arrhythmia and Heart Failure Research, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, St Camillo Forlanini Hospital, Piazza Carlo Forlanini, Rome, Italy
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 30:273-7. 2011..Isthmus-dependent atrial flutter was diagnosed in a patient with complete situs inversus and interruption of the inferior vena cava with azygos ..
- Identification of functional block line in atrial flutter using three-dimensional intracardiac echocardiographyAkihiko Ishida
Division of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Circ J 67:940-4. 2003The crista terminalis (CT) is reportedly a critical barrier for maintaining typical atrial flutter (AFL), but recent observations have suggested the presence of posteromedial functional block, as well as crista conduction...
- Long-term results of hybrid therapy in patients with atrial fibrillation who develop atrial flutter during flecainide infusionPietro Turco
Laboratorio di Elettrofisiologia, Villa Maria Cecilia Hospital, Cotignola RA, Italy
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 28:S124-7. 2005..follow-up of 154 consecutive patients with paroxysmal or persistent atrial fibrillation (AF) who developed atrial flutter (AFL) during flecainide infusion (IC AFL), treated with inferior vena cava-tricuspid annulus isthmus catheter ..
- Remifentanil versus propofol for radio frequency treatment of atrial flutterPierre Lena
Department of Anesthesia, Institut Arnault Tzanck, Saint Laurent du Var, France
Can J Anaesth 53:357-62. 2006..Radio frequency treatment in cardiology generates short acute pain during the heating process. The present study evaluates two techniques used for sedation/analgesia for this procedure...
- Left atrial flutter after radiofrequency catheter ablation of focal atrial fibrillationJulian Villacastin
Unidad de Arritmias del Instituto Cardiovascular del Hospital Cliníco San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 14:417-21. 2003..Both patients developed new clinical tachycardia (atypical atrial flutter) secondary to a reentrant phenomena in the vicinity of a previously ablated pulmonary vein.
- Risk factors for recurrence of atrial fibrillation in patients undergoing hybrid therapy for antiarrhythmic drug-induced atrial flutterC Reithmann
Medizinische Klinik I, Klinikum Grosshadern, Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Eur Heart J 24:1264-72. 2003..isthmus and continuation of antiarrhythmic drug therapy have been shown to be an effective hybrid therapy for atrial flutter which results from antiarrhythmic drug treatment of atrial fibrillation...
- A model for mechano-electrical feedback effects on atrial flutter interval variabilityMichela Masè
Department of Physics, University of Trento, via Sommarive, 14, 38050, Povo, Trento, Italy
Bull Math Biol 70:1326-47. 2008b>Atrial flutter is a supraventricular arrhythmia, based on a reentrant mechanism mainly confined to the right atrium. Although atrial flutter is considered a regular rhythm, the atrial flutter interval (i.e...
- High-resolution mapping around the crista terminalis during typical atrial flutter: new insights into mechanismsChing Tai Tai
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, 201 Sec 2 Shih Pai Road, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 15:406-14. 2004..The aim of this study was to delineate activation patterns around the crista terminalis (CT) using high-resolution noncontact mapping...
- Construction of a three-dimensional outline of the heart and conduction pathway by means of a 64-channel magnetocardiogram in patients with atrial flutter and fibrillationKenji Nakai
The Department of Laboratory Medicine, Iwate Medical University, 19 1 Uchimaru, Morioka, Japan, 020 8505
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 21:555-61; discussion 563-4. 2005..on the generation of a 3D heart outline and conduction pathway by means of a current density map using a 64-channel SQUID system, and an evaluation of its significance in patients with atrial flutter (AFL) and atrial fibrillation (AFIB).
- Correlation between electrogram morphology and standard criteria to validate bidirectional cavotricuspid block in common atrial flutter ablationM Andronache
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Nancy, France
Europace 5:335-41. 2003..a bidirectional conduction block within the cavotricuspid isthmus (CTI) is critical during radiofrequency (RF) atrial flutter (AF) ablation...
- Platelet activation and myocardial necrosis in patients undergoing radiofrequency and cryoablation of isthmus-dependent atrial flutterWillibald Hochholzer
Herz Zentrum Bad Krozingen, Suedring 15, 79189, Bad Krozingen, Germany
Europace 9:490-5. 2007..Due to the delayed occurrence of cryolesions it is currently unknown, if cryoenergy and RF energy are associated with similar platelet activation and myocardial necrosis in the days after the procedure...
- Catheter selection for ablation of the cavotricuspid isthmus for treatment of typical atrial flutterAntoine Da Costa
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine J Lisfranc, Jean Monnet University, Saint Etienne Cedex 2, France
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 17:93-101. 2006Radiofrequency catheter ablation (RFA) represents the first line therapy of the cavotricuspid isthmus-dependent atrial flutter (CTI-AFL) with a high efficacy and low secondary effects...
- Relationship between surface electrocardiogram characteristics and endocardial activation sequence in patients with typical atrial flutterG Ndrepepa
Deutsches Herzzentrum Munchen
Z Kardiol 89:527-37. 2000..The aim of the study was to determine the relationships that exist between the atrial endocardial activity and the surface ECG in patients with atrial flutter (AFl).
- Fixed intercaval block in the setting of atrial fibrillation promotes the development of atrial flutterHanh M Bui
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Case Western Reserve University University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Heart Rhythm 5:1745-52. 2008..In the canine sterile pericarditis model, typically only atrial fibrillation (AF) is inducible on postoperative day 2...
- Randomized comparison of anatomic and electrogram mapping approaches to ablation of typical atrial flutterHiroshi Tada
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0022, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 13:662-6. 2002..The aim of this study was to compare the anatomic and electrogram mapping approaches for creating a line of block in the cavotricuspid isthmus after an initial, unsuccessful anatomically directed ablation line...
- Upper turnaround point of the reentry circuit of common atrial flutter--three-dimensional mapping and entrainment studyYasuo Okumura
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, 30 1 Ohyaguchi kami machi, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 29:147-56. 2010Although the anterior and posterior boundaries of cavotricuspid isthmus-dependent atrial flutter (AFL) are reported to be located at the tricuspid annulus and sinus venosa region or crista terminalis, the exact upper turnaround point of ..
- Peri-mitral atrial flutter in patients with atrial fibrillation ablationSeiichiro Matsuo
Hôpital Cardiologique du Haut Lévêque and Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux II, Bordeaux, France
Heart Rhythm 7:2-8. 2010Peri-mitral atrial flutter (PMFL) is commonly encountered in patients undergoing atrial fibrillation (AF) ablation.
- Effects of cavotricuspid isthmus ablation on atrioventricular node electrophysiology in patients with typical atrial flutterC T Tai
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Center, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, and Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Circulation 104:1501-5. 2001The atrial musculature in the cavotricuspid isthmus is a part of posterior inputs to the AV node. In patients with typical atrial flutter, effects of radiofrequency ablation of this isthmus on AV node conduction are still unknown.
- Persistent atrial flutter in patients treated for atrial fibrillation with amiodarone and propafenone: electrophysiologic characteristics, radiofrequency catheter ablation, and risk predictionC T Tai
Department of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, School of Medicine, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 10:1180-7. 1999Antiarrhythmic drugs have been reported to promote the conversion of atrial fibrillation to atrial flutter in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation...
- Electrogram polarity and cavotricuspid isthmus block during ablation of typical atrial flutterH Tada
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109-0022, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 12:393-9. 2001..complete block has been achieved across the cavotricuspid isthmus during radiofrequency ablation of typical atrial flutter. However, sometimes the atrial activation sequence does not clearly establish the presence or absence of ..
- Catheter ablation of typical atrial flutter: a randomized comparison of 2 methods for determining complete bidirectional isthmus blockF Anselme
Hopital Charles Nicolle, Rouen, France
Circulation 103:1434-9. 2001..Mapping only the ablation line ("on-site" atrial potential analysis) was recently reported as a means of CBIB identification. The study was designed to compare these 2 techniques prospectively regarding the diagnosis of CBIB...
- Characterization of the anatomy and conduction velocities of the human right atrial flutter circuit determined by noncontact mappingR J Schilling
St Mary s Hospital and Imperial College School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 38:385-93. 2001..This study was done to characterize human right atrial (RA) flutter (AFL) using noncontact mapping...
- Typical atrial flutter ablation: conduction across the posterior region of the inferior vena cava orifice may mimic unidirectional isthmus blockM Scaglione
Division of Cardiology, Civil Hospital, Asti, Italy
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 11:387-95. 2000..radiofrequency ablation of the inferior vena cava-tricuspid annulus (IVC-TA) isthmus in patients with typical atrial flutter (AFI) to better understand the electrophysiologic meaning of incomplete or unidirectional block following the ..
- Radiofrequency ablation of atrial flutter due to administration of class IC antiarrhythmic drugs for atrial fibrillationB Schumacher
Department of Cardiology, University of Bonn, Germany
Am J Cardiol 83:710-3. 1999In selected patients, atrial fibrillation (AF) converts to atrial flutter (AFI) due to treatment with class IC antiarrhythmic drugs...
- Mechanism of conversion of atypical right atrial flutter to atrial fibrillationYanfei Yang
Cardiovascular Research Institute and Section of Cardiac Electrophysiology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 1354, USA
Am J Cardiol 91:46-52. 2003The purpose of this study was to explore the mechanisms of conversion from atypical atrial flutter (AFL) to atrial fibrillation (AF), and the long-term results of cavotricuspid isthmus ablation in these patients...
- Class IC antiarrhythmic drug induced atrial flutter: electrocardiographic and electrophysiological findings and their importance for long term outcome after right atrial isthmus ablationA Nabar
Department of Cardiology, Academic Hospital Maastricht, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, P Debyelaan 25, 6202 AZ, Postbox 5800, Maastricht, Netherlands
Heart 85:424-9. 2001OBJECTIVE: To describe the electrocardiographic and electrophysiological findings of new atrial flutter developing in patients taking class IC antiarrhythmic drugs for recurrent atrial fibrillation, and to report the long term results of ..
- Electrophysiologic characteristics of the sinus venosa in patients with typical atrial flutterChing Tai Tai
Division of Cardiology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, National Yang Ming University of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 31:99-102. 2008The sinus venosa is a posterior barrier of typical atrial flutter. However, its electrophysiology has not been studied.
- Robotic versus conventional ablation for common-type atrial flutter: a prospective randomized trial to evaluate the effectiveness of remote catheter navigationDaniel Steven
University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Department of Cardiology, Hamburg, Germany
Heart Rhythm 5:1556-60. 2008Conventional catheter ablation for common-type atrial flutter (AFL) is a widely established therapy but has not been compared with the use of a robotic navigation system (RNS) thus far.
- Cavotricuspid isthmus conduction split by pouch-like recesses during typical atrial flutterYasushi Oginosawa
Division of Cardiology, Yokohama Rosai Hospital, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama, Japan
Circ J 73:179-82. 2009A 58-year-old man had typical cavotricuspid-isthmus-dependent atrial flutter (AFL). Right atrial angiography and multidetector computed tomography revealed a deep pouch-like recess in the mid-isthmus region...
- OPTIMAL PREHOSPITAL CARE OF CHILDHOOD CARDIAC ARRESTIan Stiell; Fiscal Year: 2004..The PIs propose to conduct a large feasibility review in five urban areas and to conduct four study planning workshops. ..
- Noninvasive arrhythmia mapping using Electromechanical Wave ImagingElisa E Konofagou; Fiscal Year: 2013..Atrial pathologies are the most common arrhythmias with atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter being the most prevalent and powerful risk factors for stroke with a 5-fold increase throughout all ages and ..
- MYOCARDIAL CONTROLLED RELEASE IMPLANTS FOR ARRHYTHMIASRobert Levy; Fiscal Year: 2001..program, has the identical pharmacological mechanism, and has been shown in our studies to prevent re-entrant atrial flutter both systemically and when delivered in a site specific manner...
- Clinical Evaluation of an Ultrasound Based Imaging System for Guiding Cardiac AblPatrick D Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2013..mapping system to guide radio-frequency ablations procedures for treating atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter. In parallel, and in collaboration with our industrial partner Siemens Ultrasound, we will migrate these ..
- Atrionodal Bundles:Histologic and Physiologic ValidationDARLENE RACKER; Fiscal Year: 2005..AV nodal pathways can cure AV node reentrant tachycardia (AVNRT) and also modify ventricular response to atrial flutter and fibrillation. However, neither the tissues nor mechanisms underlying these arrhythmias are known...
- PHOTONIC TREATMENT OF ATRIAL ARRHYTHMIAEDWARD SINOFSKY; Fiscal Year: 1999..Diffusing tip designs will be tested for their potential to ablate atrial flutter, and atrial fibrillation by studying the formation of continuous linear lesions with energy from a high power ..
- OPTICAL MONITORING OF REENTRY AND ANTIARRHYTHMIC ACTIONBRUCE HILL; Fiscal Year: 1990This work will use a novel laser scanning system to investigate the causes of certain cardiac arrhythmias. Both atrial flutter and ventricular tachycardias are serious health problems in the United States...
- ATRIAL PACEMAKER COMPLEX--ATRIAL FLUTTER & FIBRILLATIONJohn Boineau; Fiscal Year: 1999..Human studies will involve in vitro perfused atria in which intracellular, whole-cell and extracellular potentials will be obtained and correlated with morphologic data and studies of isolated SA-node pacemaker cells. ..
- The Pathophysiology of T-wave AlternansSanjiv Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2005..This structured approach will ensure the successful completion of this project and, in this way, the development of the applicant into an independent clinician-investigator. ..
- Gene Targets of NKX 2.5 in the Conduction SystemMelvin Scheinman; Fiscal Year: 2004..MinK and HCN-1) in the pathogenesis of arrhythmias in the ventricular restricted knockout mouse model. This will be done by using in-situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry to follow the pattern of expression of these ion channels. ..
- Harvard Planning Grant for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science AwardDaniel Singer; Fiscal Year: 2006..We believe our planning process is specific, innovative yet disciplined, and should be robust. A full and competitive CTSA application will be produced in a timely manner. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF ANTICOAGULATION IN ATRIAL FIBRILLATIONDaniel Singer; Fiscal Year: 2005..In all, continued study of our cohort will efficiently provide powerful insights into optimizing stroke prevention strategies for the many older Americans with AF. ..
- Studies of Atrial Fibrillation in PatientsAlbert Waldo; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Post Coronary Bypass Atrial Arrhythmic Prediction RuleRod Passman; Fiscal Year: 2006..validate a clinical prediction rule for post-coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter (AF)...
- CARDIAC EXCITATION AND ARRHYTHMIASYoram Rudy; Fiscal Year: 2008..4) To study the properties and repolarization-dependent mechanisms of arrhythmias in the remodeled myocardium post myocardial infarction. ..
- Cardiac Arrhythmia MechanismsJOSE JALIFE; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Modeling Benefits and Costs of Prison-Based Substance Abuse TreatmentGARY ZARKIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..2005a). Results will help policy makers make better judgments about the allocation of funding to prison-based drug treatment resources. ..
- Epidemiology and Mechanisms of ECG Abnormalities: Young Adulthood to Middle AgeDonald Lloyd Jones; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Simultaneous Echocardiography & Magnetocardiography In Fetal Heart DiseaseJanette Strasburger; Fiscal Year: 2007..This may lead to further integration of rhythm and function assessments in the fetus using two different, yet complimentary technologies. ..
- Framingham Offspring Study: Psychosocial Risk FactorsELAINE EAKER; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- INVERSE AND FORWARD PROBLEMS IN ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHYYoram Rudy; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Personal Electrocardiographic Expert SystemVladimir Shusterman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Safety and regulatory testing will be completed, and a 51O K application will be submitted to the FDA. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lifetime Risk of Cardiovascular DiseaseDonald Lloyd Jones; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Cardiac Parasympathetic Effect in Exercise and RecoveryJeffrey Goldberger; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- COST EFFECTIVENESS OF ALCOHOL TREATMENTGARY ZARKIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Testing An Interactive website for Hormone ReplacementELAINE EAKER; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is also intended to increase efficiency of the clinic visit and promote greater satisfaction for both patient and providers. ..
- Epidemiologic Study of Ethnicity and Lifetime Risks for Cardiovascular DiseaseDonald Lloyd Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..This application represents a novel approach to analyzing existing data that is likely to yield substantial new insights into the epidemiology of CVD among non-white ethnic groups. [unreadable]..
- Three Methods for Costing Methadone Treatment ServicesGARY ZARKIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..