Genomes and Genes
coronary vessel anomalies
Summary: Defects of coronary arteries or veins including anomalous origin, arteriovenous fistula or aneurysm, myocardial bridging, or other abnormalities of structure or development.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH2
Publications271 found, 100 shown here
- Coronary artery anomalies: the prevalence of origination, course, and termination anomalies of coronary arteries detected by 64-detector computed tomography coronary angiographyCengiz Erol
Department of Radiology, Selcuk University, Selcuklu Faculty of Medicine, Selcuklu, Konya, Turkey
J Comput Assist Tomogr 35:618-24. 2011..The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence of origination, course, and termination anomalies of coronary arteries, all of which were detected by 64-detector coronary computed tomography angiography (CTA)...
- Sudden death in young adults: a 25-year review of autopsies in military recruitsRobert E Eckart
Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Ann Intern Med 141:829-34. 2004..Because extensive medical data are available on this cross-sectional and diverse population, identification of the underlying causes of sudden death may promote health care policy to reduce the incidence of sudden death...
- Ostial plication: a rarely reported cause of sudden deathFabio De-Giorgio
Institute of Legal Medicine, Catholic University, School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Diagn Pathol 5:15. 2010..We believe that this case will be useful to autopsy pathologists in detecting this infrequent anomaly, thus providing a more accurate estimation of its incidence...
- Anatomic variations and anomalies of the coronary arteries: 64-slice CT angiographic appearancePinar Kosar
Department of Radiology, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 15:275-83. 2009..To retrospectively review the 64-slice computed tomography (CT) appearance of coronary artery anatomic variants and anomalies and determine their incidence in 700 patients...
- Repair of anomalous origin of the left coronary artery arising from right pulmonary artery with rolled-conduit-extended reimplantation in an adultMelih Erdinç
Konya Büyükşehir Hospital, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Konya, Turkey
J Card Surg 26:604-7. 2011..The procedure is easily applicable and has technical advantages for creating a longer and wider conduit and may decrease bleeding...
- Bronchial to coronary artery fistulas: an important sign of silent coronary artery disease and potential complication during bronchial artery embolizationB Peynircioglu
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Radiol 48:171-2. 2007..Embolization was performed successfully without complication, and an underlying important coronary artery stenosis was subsequently found by coronary computed tomography angiography...
- Anomalous origin of the right coronary artery: right internal thoracic artery to right coronary artery bypass is not the answerLynn M Fedoruk
University of Virginia, Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Charlottesville, VA, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:456-60. 2007..Right internal thoracic artery grafting to the right coronary artery is prone to fail in this circumstance. We sought to describe alternative surgical techniques...
- Newer concepts for imaging anomalous aortic origin of the coronary arteries in adultsPaolo Angelini
Department of Cardiology, Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 69:942-54. 2007..Definitive guidelines are being developed for the optimal workup and treatment of ACAOS...
- ALCAPA: the role of myocardial viability studies in determining prognosisLorna P Browne
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Texas Children s Hospital, 6621 Fannin St, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Radiol 40:163-7. 2010..With delayed diagnosis, there is potential for coronary steal and irreversible myocardial injury, which worsens outcome...
- Sudden adult death syndrome and other non-ischaemic causes of sudden cardiac deathA Fabre
Department of Pathology, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, London, UK
Heart 92:316-20. 2006..To evaluate non-atherosclerotic cardiac deaths in the UK population aged over 15 years including elderly patients and to highlight the concept of the structurally normal heart in sudden death...
- Management of anomalous coronary artery from the contralateral coronary sinusWelton M Gersony
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:2083-4. 2007
- Coronary anomalies: incidence, pathophysiology, and clinical relevancePaolo Angelini
Department of Adult Cardiology, Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Houston 77030, USA
Circulation 105:2449-54. 2002
- Altered hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha expression levels correlate with coronary vessel anomaliesJamie Wikenheiser
Department of Pediatrics, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 6011, USA
Dev Dyn 238:2688-700. 2009..These findings indicated that developing coronary vessels may be subject to a level of regulation that is dependent on differential oxygen levels within cardiac tissues and subsequent HIF-1 regulation of gene expression...
- Prospective echocardiographic diagnosis and surgical repair of anomalous origin of a coronary artery from the opposite sinus with an interarterial coursePeter C Frommelt
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9000West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:148-54. 2003....
- A single-center experience of detecting coronary anomalies on 64-slice computed tomographyMark Girzadas
Division of Cardiology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 10:842-7. 2009..However, the relationship of these anatomical variants with cardiac symptoms at presentation or cardiac events has not been well established...
- Image in clinical medicine. Infarction due to myocardial bridgingKaram Souibri
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Caen, 14033 Caen Cedex, France
N Engl J Med 353:1147. 2005
- Normal and variant coronary arterial and venous anatomy on high-resolution CT angiographySunil Kini
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, William Beaumont Hospital, 3601 W 13 Mile Rd, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:1665-74. 2007....
- ALCAPA syndrome: not just a pediatric diseaseElena Peña
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Division of Cardiac Radiology, Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Radiographics 29:553-65. 2009..Restoration of a dual-coronary-artery system is the ideal surgical treatment for ALCAPA syndrome...
- Relationship between myocardial bridges and arrhythmic complicationsHalil Ibrahim Erdogan
Konya Universitesi, Meram Tip Fakultesi, Kardiyoloji Sekreterligi, Meram, Konya, Turkey
J Invasive Cardiol 24:E300-2. 2012..In 2 patients, complete atrioventricular block was present, and another patient was diagnosed with sick sinus syndrome with the help of an electrophysiological study. All patients underwent permanent cardiac pacemaker implantation...
- Anomalous origin of right coronary artery from left coronary sinusGadah Hamzeh
Division of Cardiac Surgery, Hospital de Cruces, Barakaldo, Spain
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 16:305-8. 2008....
- Acute coronary syndrome due to high aortocoronary junction of the right coronary artery: the value of multislice CTShih Pu Wang
Int J Cardiol 123:e59-61. 2008..MSCT is valuable in providing better spatial images compared to the more invasive conventional coronary arteriography...
- Surgery for anomalous origin of the right coronary artery from the left aortic sinusSelwyn O Rogers
Division of Cardiac Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1829-31. 2004....
- A tale of two brothers: anomalous coronary arteries in two siblingsRajiv Devanagondi
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, 21287, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 29:816-9. 2008..This is the first report of a familial clustering of coronary artery anomalies in which the initial presentation of one subject was sudden cardiac death and a sibling harboring a similar lesion was identified while asymptomatic...
- Successful intervention of an anomalous right coronary artery arising from the posterior left sinus of ValsalvaBasar Candemir
Ankara University, School of Medicine, Cardiology Department, Ankara, Turkey
J Invasive Cardiol 22:E175-6. 2010..We used a Judkins left 5 guiding catheter, which provided excellent angiographic visualization and guide support for stent delivery throughout the procedure...
- Prospective identification of anomalous origin of left coronary artery from the right sinus of valsalva using transthoracic echocardiography: importance of color Doppler flow mappingP C Frommelt
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, 9000 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 22:327-32. 2001..Color Doppler flow mapping was a critical component in identifying the anomalous coronary, particularly when the proximal course of the left main coronary was intramural...
- Coronary anomalies by cardiac computed tomographic angiographyMatthew J Budoff
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA, Torrance, California 90502, USA
Clin Cardiol 29:489-93. 2006..It not only provides high-resolution anatomical information of the coronary artery tree but also helps define other aspects of the cardiovascular anatomy, be it normal or abnormal...
- Acute coronary syndrome caused by anomalous origin of the right coronary artery from the left sinus of ValsalvaA S Assiri
Interventional Cardiology Consultant College of Medicine, King Khalid University Abha, Saudi Arabia
West Afr J Med 24:278-9. 2005..The clinical profile of this congenital anomaly is also reviewed...
- Utility of coronary computed tomography guidance for intervention of an anomalous right coronary arteryJames R Wilentz
Lenox Hill Heart and Vascular Institute, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 21:374-6. 2009....
- Anomalous origin of a coronary artery from the opposite sinus of Valsalva with an interarterial course: clinical profile and approach to management in the pediatric populationM Osaki
Division of Cardiology, Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, M5G 1X8, Toronto, ON, Canada
Pediatr Cardiol 29:24-30. 2008..Whether surgical intervention modifies the natural history of the anomaly or not remains to be determined...
- Anomalous aortic origin of a coronary artery with an interarterial course: understanding current management strategies in children and young adultsJulie Brothers
The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Cardiology, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 30:911-21. 2009..A multicenter registry would facilitate the development of evidence-based treatment and management guidelines for children and young adults with AAOCA...
- MDCT of the S-shaped sinoatrial node arteryFarhood Saremi
Department of Radiological Sciences, University of California, Irvine, UCI Medical Center, 101 The City Dr, Route 140, Orange, CA 92868 3298, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:1569-75. 2008....
- An interesting diagnostic dilemma: double right coronary artery or high take off of a large right ventricular branchArmagan Altun
Int J Cardiol 82:99-102. 2002....
- [Adult congenital anomalies of the coronary arteries described over 31 years of angiographic studies in the Asturias Principality: main angiographic and clinical characteristics]R Barriales Villa
Sección de Cardiología del Hospital San Agustín Avilés
Rev Esp Cardiol 54:269-81. 2001..The results have been compared with the main series published...
- Late complications after Takeuchi repair of anomalous left coronary artery from the pulmonary artery: case series and review of literatureSalil Ginde
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9000 W Wisconsin Avenue, MS 713, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 33:1115-23. 2012..The Takeuchi procedure is a method to establish a two-coronary repair for ALCAPA. Late complications are common, necessitating lifelong care in a center experienced with caring for adults with congenital heart disease...
- Pulmonary artery translocation: a surgical option for complex anomalous coronary artery anatomyM D Rodefeld
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Children s Hospital Oakland, California 94609, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 72:2150-2. 2001....
- A rare case of anomalous left anterior descending artery with a large interarterial communication: an invasive and CT angiographic studyMadhavi Kadiyala
The Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Department of Cardiology, 4800 Friendship Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 19:E69-72. 2007..We describe a patient with this type of abnormal coronary anatomy in whom CTA supplemented the invasive angiogram...
- Relationship between orifices of pulmonary and coronary arteries in common arterial trunkIki Adachi
Cardiac Morphology Unit, National Heart and Lung Institute, Guy Scadding Building, Imperial College London, Dovehouse Street, London SW3 6LY, UK
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 35:594-9. 2009..We hypothesise that combinations of relationships between the two arterial structures have important clinical implications...
- Anomalous coronary artery with aortic origin and course between the great arteries: improved diagnosis, anatomic findings, and surgical treatmentEldad Erez
Cook Children s Medical Center, University of North Texas, Fort Worth, Texas 76104, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 82:973-7. 2006..We present our experience with the diagnosis and surgical treatment of this rare coronary anomaly...
- Intravascular ultrasound to guide stenting of an anomalous right coronary artery coursing between the aorta and pulmonary arteryItalo Porto
Department of Cardiology, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Invasive Cardiol 17:E33-6. 2005..Using intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) guidance, a drug eluting stent was placed at the ostium of the anomalous artery, correcting both the baseline narrowing and the phasic, systolic arterial compression...
- Truncus arteriosus repair: outcomes, risk factors, reoperation and managementJ W Brown
Section of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Indiana University Medical Center, 545 Barnhill Drive, EH 215, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5123, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 20:221-7. 2001..Truncus arteriosus (TA) continues to be associated with significant morbidity and mortality, but there have been clinically significant improvements with early repair...
- Surgical repair of anomalous coronary arteries arising from the opposite sinus of Valsalva in infants and childrenChawki Elzein
Hope Children Hospital, The Heart Institute for Children, 4440 West 95th Street, Oak Lawn, IL 60453, USA
J Card Surg 24:466-9. 2009..This paper reviews our experience with this anomaly, and focuses on its surgical management in infants...
- The registry of anomalous aortic origin of the coronary artery of the Congenital Heart Surgeons' SocietyJulie A Brothers
The Division of Cardiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, United States of America
Cardiol Young 20:50-8. 2010..In this report, we describe the creation and design of the Registry of Anomalous Aortic Origin of the Coronary Artery. Data from the registry will be published at a later date...
- Arterial supply of the sinoatrial node: a CT coronary angiographic studyErsin Ozturk
Department of Radiology, GATA Haydarpasa Teaching Hospital, 34668 Uskudar, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 27:619-27. 2011..3 mm. Frequency of the atrial branch was 35.9%. S-shaped SAN artery is determined in 51 (20.3%) cases. Coronary CT angiography is considerably effective in depicting the various vascularization types of SAN...
- Imaging of coronary artery anomalies: the role of multidetector computed tomographyFehmi Kacmaz
Cardiology Clinics, Turkish Society of Cardiology, Ankara, Turkey
Coron Artery Dis 19:203-9. 2008..Multidetector row-computed tomography (MDCT) is a new noninvasive imaging technique that has excellent spatial resolution for detecting the origin and course of a coronary anomalous vessel...
- Anomalous origin of right coronary artery: magnetic resonance angiography and viability studySophie Mavrogeni
Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center, Athens, Greece
Int J Cardiol 109:195-200. 2006..To detect origin and course and to evaluate viability in patients with anomalous RCA...
- Identification, imaging, functional assessment and management of congenital coronary arterial abnormalities in childrenAlan H Friedman
Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Yale University and the Yale New Haven Children s Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8064, United States of America
Cardiol Young 17:56-67. 2007..We discuss the current techniques available for imaging these various lesions, along with their functional assessment, concluding with a summary of current strategies for management...
- Novel variant of dual left anterior descending coronary arteryAarush Manchanda
Department of Cardiology, Gesinger Medical Center, Danville, PA 17822, USA
J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr 4:139-41. 2010..It can be, thus, considered a new variant of dual LAD (type V)...
- Anomalous coronary artery from the wrong sinus of Valsalva: a physiologic repair strategyNelson Alphonso
Pediatric Heart Center, UCSF Children s Hospital, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 83:1472-6. 2007..A coronary artery arising from the wrong aortic sinus, with or without a proximal course between the aorta and the pulmonary artery, may predispose to myocardial ischemia, myocardial infarction, or sudden death...
- Visualization of anomalous origin and course of coronary arteries in 748 consecutive symptomatic patients by 64-slice computed tomography angiographyFranz von Ziegler
Ludwig Maximilians University, Department of Cardiology, Grosshadern Campus, Munich, Germany
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 9:54. 2009..Aim of this study was to investigate the prevalence of anomalous origin and course of coronary arteries in consecutive symptomatic patients, who underwent cardiac 64-slice multidetector-row computed tomography angiography (MDCTA)...
- Surgery for anomalous aortic origin of the coronary arteryMuhammad A Mumtaz
Children s Cardiothoracic Surgery, Children s Hospital of the King s Daughters, Norfolk, Virginia 23507, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 91:811-4; discussion 814-5. 2011..Advances in echocardiography and computed tomography have identified at-risk patients. Treatment options include unroofing strategies in symptomatic and asymptomatic patients. We review our experience for efficacy and safety...
- Normal and anomalous anatomy of the coronary arteriesSmita Patel
Division of Cardiothoracic Radiology, Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5868, USA
Semin Roentgenol 43:100-12. 2008
- Anomalous interarterial left coronary artery: an evidence based systematic overviewSherif E Moustafa
Department of Cardiology, Montreal Heart Institute, University of Montreal, Montreal, QC H1T 1C8, Canada
Int J Cardiol 126:13-20. 2008..We performed an evidence based systematic overview spanning 4 decades to assess the prevalence, clinical features and management of this anomaly...
- Anomalous aortic origin of a coronary artery: medium-term results after surgical repair in 50 patientsRichard D Mainwaring
Division of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Lucile Packard Children s Hospital Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 92:691-7. 2011..Controversies exist regarding the diagnosis, treatment, and long-term recommendations for patients with AAOCA. The purpose of this study is to evaluate the medium-term results of surgical repair for AAOCA...
- Anomalous coronary arteries: anatomic and functional assessment by coronary and perfusion cardiovascular magnetic resonance in three sistersN H Bunce
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 3:361-9. 2001..One sister had normal anatomy and perfusion. The combined approach identified the anatomy and functional significance of suspected anomalous coronary arteries...
- Congenital anomalies of coronary arteries: role in the pathogenesis of sudden cardiac deathMelvin D Cheitlin
San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Herz 34:268-79. 2009..Any decision for surgery in such patients should be made only after a full discussion of the risks pro and con surgery with the patient and the patient's family...
- Anomalous aortic origin of a coronary artery: a universally applicable surgical strategyTom R Karl
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Queensland Paediatric Cardiac Service, Mater Children s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Cardiol Young 20:44-9. 2010....
- Non-atherosclerotic coronary artery disease associated with sudden cardiac deathSharleen F Hill
Imperial College London, UK
Heart 96:1119-25. 2010..The concept of non-atherosclerotic coronary artery pathology in sudden cardiac death (SCD) has not been given the attention it deserves...
- Echocardiographic diagnosis of clinically silent congenital coronary artery anomaliesIrene D Lytrivi
Mount Sinai Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, New York, NY 10029, USA
Int J Cardiol 126:386-93. 2008....
- Identification of a coronary-to-bronchial-artery communication with MDCT shows the diagnostic potential of this new technology: case report and reviewChi Ming Lee
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Taipei Medical University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Thorac Imaging 22:274-6. 2007..Clinicians should be aware that the newest generation of MDCT equipment may allow many patients to forego diagnostic cardiac catheterization without compromise in quality of care...
- Transcatheter closure of coronary artery fistulae using the Amplatzer Duct OccluderSarina K Behera
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Mattel Children s Hospital at UCLA, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 68:242-8. 2006..The aim of this study is to report our experience using the Amplatzer Duct Occluder (ADO) for occlusion of significant coronary artery fistulae (CAF)...
- Ten-year experience with surgical unroofing of anomalous aortic origin of a coronary artery from the opposite sinus with an interarterial coursePeter C Frommelt
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wis 53226, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 142:1046-51. 2011....
- Surgical treatment of anomalous origin of coronary artery from the pulmonary arteryQing Yu Wu
Cardiac Center, First Hospital of Tsinghua University, School of Medicine, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100016, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:721-4. 2008..This retrospective study summarized our operative experience in direct implantation for treatment of this coronary anomaly in pediatric and adult patients...
- Long-term outcome and impact of surgery on adults with coronary arteries originating from the opposite coronary cuspRichard A Krasuski
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Circulation 123:154-62. 2011..The impact of this lesion when recognized in the adult and its management are ill defined...
- Detection of coronary artery anomalies by dual-source CT coronary angiographyZ Cheng
Shandong Medical Imaging Research Institute, Shandong University, No 324 Jingwu Road, Jinan, Shandong, China
Clin Radiol 65:815-22. 2010..To retrospectively evaluate the clinical value of dual-source computed tomography (DSCT) coronary angiography in the diagnosis of coronary artery anomalies...
- Transcatheter closure of a giant coronary artery fistula with patent duct occluderTao Zhou
Department of Cardiology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 119:779-81. 2006
- Anomalous origin of the left coronary artery from the pulmonary artery in children: 15 years experienceJianyong Zheng
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Capital Medical University, No 2 Anzhen Road, Beijing 100029, People s Republic of China
Pediatr Cardiol 32:24-31. 2011..The clinical features of ALCAPA are helpful for determining an accurate diagnosis. This anomaly can be treated successfully by several types of operations with good prognosis...
- Anomalous origin of the left coronary artery from the pulmonary artery (ALCAPA) in four calvesA M Shank
University of Kentucky Livestock Disease Diagnostic Center, Pathology, 1490 Bull Lea Road, Lexington, KY 40512 USA
Vet Pathol 45:634-9. 2008..Changes observed in the liver and lungs, including hepatomegaly, sinusoidal congestion, centrilobular fibrosis, and pulmonary congestion, edema, and intra-alveolar pigment-laden macrophages were consistent with heart failure...
- Coronary artery bypass grafting with bilateral internal thoracic arteries for Bland-White-Garland syndrome in an adultKazuhiko Iwahashi
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Saiseikai Nakatsu Hospital, Osaka, 530 0012, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 56:599-601. 2008..To our knowledge, this is one of only a few reports on coronary artery bypass grafting with bilateral internal thoracic arteries as a treatment of Bland-White-Garland syndrome...
- Coronary artery anomalies: an entity in search of an identityPaolo Angelini
Department of Cardiology, Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Tex, USA
Circulation 115:1296-305. 2007..Only multicenter collaboration on protocols dedicated to CAAs can give rise to the large-scale studies needed to define the prognosis and optimal treatment of these disorders...
- Symptomatic anomalous origination of the left coronary artery from the opposite sinus of valsalva. Clinical presentations, diagnosis, and surgical repairPaolo Angelini
Department of Cardiology, Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 33:171-9. 2006..To establish sound guidelines for managing these anomalies, a larger series should be studied prospectively with quantitative parameters and long-term follow-up...
- Epidemiology of congenital coronary artery anomalies: a coronary arteriography study on a central European populationA Kardos
Second Department of Medicine, Albert Szent Gyorgyi Medical University, Szeged, Hungary
Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn 42:270-5. 1997..The incidence of CCA in the Central European cohort under study was similar to that of the largest North American study. The anatomic classification presented can be useful from both clinical and surgical standpoints...
- Sudden death in young athletesBarry J Maron
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center, Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation, Minneapolis, MN 55407, USA
N Engl J Med 349:1064-75. 2003
- Congenital anomalous aortic origins of the coronary arteries in adults: a Tunisian coronary arteriography studySana Ouali
Service of Cardiology, Sahloul Hospital, route Ceinture city Sahloul, 5054 Sousse, Tunisia
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 102:201-8. 2009..There is a lack of Tunisian data on the frequency and clinical significance of different coronary artery anomalies...
- Retrograde transcatheter coil embolization of congenital coronary artery fistulas in infants and young childrenGrace C Kung
Department of Pediatrics, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 24:448-53. 2003..The use of a retrograde approach and coaxial system is safe and effective and may provide better accuracy, stability and precision for placement of coils...
- Repair of anomalous origin of right coronary artery from the left sinus of ValsalvaHouman Tavaf-Motamen
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20303, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 85:2135-6. 2008..This limited series suggests that bypass procedures used to treat anomalous origin of the right coronary artery from the left sinus of Valsalva are prone to early graft failure...
- Clinical, angiographic, and hemodynamic findings in patients with anomalous origin of the coronary arteriesB R Chaitman
Circulation 53:122-31. 1976..We conclude that anomalous left coronpary origin from the right sinus of Valsalva can result in significant myocardial ischemia and infarction...
- Surgical intervention for anomalous origin of the left coronary artery from the pulmonary artery: the Tokyo experienceY Isomatsu
Department of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, The Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women's Medical University, 8-1 Kawadacho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-8666, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 121:792-7. 2001..We recommend that the simultaneous mitral annuloplasty should be performed at the time of operation for patients who have mitral incompetence with anomalous origin of the left coronary artery...
- Visualization of coronary artery anomalies and their anatomic course by contrast-enhanced electron beam tomography and three-dimensional reconstructionD Ropers
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Erlangen Nuernberg, Germany
Am J Cardiol 87:193-7. 2001..This study demonstrates that contrast-enhanced EBT is a reliable noninvasive technique to identify anomalous coronary arteries and their course...
- Surgical treatment of right coronary arteries with anomalous origin and slit ostiumRaul García-Rinaldi
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Advanced Cardiology Center, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
Ann Thorac Surg 77:1525-9. 2004..They are subject to variable systolic compression and can cause myocardial ischemia with its sequelae or death...
- Percutaneous coronary intervention of an anomalous right coronary artery originating from the left coronary arteryDiana Rudan
Department of Cardiology, Clinic Hospital Dubrava, Zagreb, Croatia
Wien Klin Wochenschr 122:508-10. 2010....
- Transcatheter closure of a rare form of coronary arteriovenous fistula (circumflex artery to coronary sinus)Rana Olgunturk
Int J Cardiol 113:261-3. 2006
- Coronary artery fistulas: clinical and therapeutic considerationsRamesh M Gowda
Division of Cardiology, Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Int J Cardiol 107:7-10. 2006..Possible therapeutic options include surgical correction and transcatheter embolization. Historical perspectives, demographics, clinical presentations, diagnostic evaluation, and management of coronary artery fistula are elaborated...
- Major variations in anatomical origin of the coronary arteries: angiographic observations in 4,250 patients without associated congenital heart diseaseH J Engel
Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn 1:157-69. 1975..The data are useful in expeding coronary arteriography procedures and thus improving patient care...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Coronary thrombosis and myocardial bridgingChristophe Bauters
Service de Cardiologie C, Hopital Cardiologique, CHRU de Lille, France
Circulation 105:130. 2002
- Anomalous origin of the entire coronary system with separate ostia within the right sinus of valsalva: a rare congenital anomaly and a review of the literatureGerasimos Gavrielatos
Second Department of Cardiology, Interventional Unit, Evangelismos General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Cardiology 107:209-12. 2007..Congenital coronary artery malformations occur infrequently in the general population. In this report, we describe a rare case of anomalous origin of all three coronary arteries from separate ostia within the right coronary sinus...
- Congenital coronary artery anomalies: diagnosis with 64 slice multidetector row computed tomography coronary angiography: a single-centre studyK G Srinivasan
KGS Advanced MR and CT Scan Centre, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol 52:148-54. 2008..CT can be considered as a first-line imaging method for delineating coronary arterial anomalies...
- Myocardial bridging: depiction rate and morphology at CT coronary angiography--comparison with conventional coronary angiographySebastian Leschka
Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Zurich, Raemistrasse 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Radiology 246:754-62. 2008..To prospectively assess the depiction rate and morphologic features of myocardial bridging (MB) of coronary arteries with 64-section computed tomographic (CT) coronary angiography in comparison to conventional coronary angiography...
- Coronary artery anomalies Part II: recent insights from clinical investigationsY von Kodolitsch
Clinic of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Z Kardiol 94:1-13. 2005..Finally, we provide an update on current diagnostic and therapeutic recommendations...
- Single coronary artery as cause of non-atheromatous angina pectoris: multidetector computed tomography assessmentAbdel Rauf Zeina
Departament of Radiology and MAR Imaging Institute, Bnai Zion Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 9:624-5. 2007
- Sudden deaths in young competitive athletes: analysis of 1866 deaths in the United States, 1980-2006Barry J Maron
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center, Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation and Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, Minn, USA
Circulation 119:1085-92. 2009..Sudden deaths in young competitive athletes are highly visible events with substantial impact on the physician and lay communities. However, the magnitude of this public health issue has become a source of controversy...
- Anomalous coronary arteries in adults: depiction at multi-detector row CT angiographyJaydip Datta
Department of Radiology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn, USA
Radiology 235:812-8. 2005..To retrospectively determine the imaging features of anomalous coronary arteries depicted at multi-detector row computed tomographic (CT) angiography in 18 patients seen at four institutions...
- Update on myocardial bridgingStefan Mohlenkamp
Clinic of Cardiology, University Clinic Essen, Germany
Circulation 106:2616-22. 2002
- Anomalous origin of the left coronary artery from the pulmonary artery: collective review of surgical therapyAli Dodge-Khatami
Division of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 74:946-55. 2002..Follow-up of all patients is required to assess the adequacy of repair and to exclude ongoing or recurrent myocardial insult...
- Transcatheter closure of coronary arterial fistulas using the new Amplatzer vascular plugGunther Fischer
Klinik für Kinderkardiologie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Germany
Cardiol Young 17:283-7. 2007..The plug offers an alternative to cardiac surgery, or occlusion using coils...
- Successful percutaneous treatment of anomalous left coronary artery from pulmonary arteryN Collins
Int J Cardiol 122:e29-31. 2007..Follow up perfusion imaging demonstrated no residual anterior wall ischemia. Transcatheter closure of an ALCAPA is a potentially safe and effective alternative treatment strategy in this patient population...
- Adult type anomalous origin of the left coronary artery from the pulmonary artery: when should we be aware?Abdenasser Drighil
Int J Cardiol 113:E119-21. 2006..In this case, the diagnosis is sometimes missed because of atypical clinical presentation or of the unawareness of doctors. Here, we report a case of an 11-year-old boy with ALCAPA syndrome whose diagnosis took many years to be set-up...
- Bland-White-Garland syndrome and atrial septal defect - rare association and diagnostic challengeT Schneider
Kantonsspital St Gallen, Department Innere Medizin, Fachbereich Kardiologie, Rorschacherstr 95, 9007, St Gallen, Switzerland
Clin Res Cardiol 95:295-300. 2006....
- Myocardial ischemia caused by a coronary anomaly left anterior descending coronary artery arising from right sinus of ValsalvaSait Mesut Dogan
Int J Cardiol 112:e57-9. 2006..Left circumflex artery and the diagonal branches were arising from the left main coronary artery and the whole coronary tree were free of atherosclerosis...
- Single coronary ostium - a right coronary artery arising from the left main coronary arteryRoque B Arteaga
Medical College of Georgia, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Augusta, Georgia, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 18:E241-3. 2006..The right coronary artery originated from the left main coronary artery and had an aberrant course which was dorsal to the ascending aorta. No associated congenital heart disease was present...
- Hypoplastic coronary artery disease causing sudden death. Report of two cases and review of the literatureFabio De Giorgio
Institute of Legal Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Cardiovasc Pathol 19:e107-11. 2010..We report two additional cases of previously apparently healthy people who died suddenly and were found to have HCAD at postmortem evaluation. The clinicopathologic findings are discussed along with a review of the literature...
- ALCAPA, a possible reason for mitral insufficiency and heart failure in young patientsGry Dahle
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, Oslo, Norway
Scand Cardiovasc J 41:51-8. 2007..We have from 1990 to 2003 operated on seven patients in our clinic. The objective of this study was to describe our experience of treating the condition and to remind other doctors of it as a possible diagnosis...
- Effects of AGE/RAGE on Monocytes in ArteriogenesisWilliam Nicholson; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Bridge to neonatal Fontan repair of single ventricleMark Rodefeld; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- APOE Genotype and Sequelae of Infant Cardiac SurgeryJames Gaynor; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Developmental regulation of cardiac gene expressionAnthony Azakie; Fiscal Year: 2007..An understanding of the transcriptional mechanisms that control cardiogenesis may also elucidate the molecular pathogenesis of various congenital heart defects and cardiomyopathies. ..
- An Automated System to Monitor Medical Device SafetyFrederic Resnic; Fiscal Year: 2009..This approach can be readily extended to monitor the safety of technologies outside of interventional cardiology as outcomes data repositories become available. ..
- Ventricular Size and Valve Calcification Measures by CTMatthew J Budoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..