Genomes and Genes
Summary: An abnormal communication between an artery and a vein.
Publications322 found, 100 shown here
- The mouse arteriovenous fistula modelBinxia Yang
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street Southwest, Alfred 6460, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 20:946-50. 2009..This model was used to test the hypothesis that there is increased gene expression of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 and MMP-9 at the venous stenosis...
- The rat femoral arteriovenous fistula model: increased expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9 at the venous stenosisSanjay Misra
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street Southwest, Alfred 6460, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:587-94. 2008....
- Utility of ultrasonographic venous assessment prior to forearm arteriovenous fistula creationK S Brimble
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Clin Nephrol 58:122-7. 2002The purpose of this study was to evaluate the clinical utility of Doppler ultrasound (US) prior to native forearm arteriovenous fistula (AVF) creation.
- Surgical and endovascular flow disconnection of intracranial pial single-channel arteriovenous fistulaeB L Hoh
Neurosurgical Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Neurosurgery 49:1351-63; discussion 1363-4. 2001..An experienced combined neurosurgical and neuroendovascular team can carefully determine the most appropriate treatment modality on the basis of patient-specific and angiospecific factors...
- Hemodialysis vascular access survival: upper-arm native arteriovenous fistulaBradley S Dixon
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242 1081, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 39:92-101. 2002..This study reports results using the upper-arm native arteriovenous fistula (UAF)...
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and peripheral polyneuropathy in patients with end stage kidney diseaseHee Kyu Kwon
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 26:1227-30. 2011..307). The results of this study do not support that microglobulin induced amyloidosis or placement of an A-V fistula are associated with an increase in CTS...
- A high red blood cell distribution width predicts failure of arteriovenous fistulaKrzysztof Bojakowski
Department of General, Vascular and Oncologic Surgery, Warsaw University of Medicine, Warsaw, Poland
PLoS ONE 7:e36482. 2012In hemodialysis patients, a native arteriovenous fistula (AVF) is the preferred form of permanent vascular access. Despite recent improvements, vascular access dysfunction remains an important cause of morbidity in these patients...
- Should the arteriovenous fistula be created before starting dialysis?: a decision analytic approachSwapnil Hiremath
Division of Nephrology, Kidney Research Center, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e28453. 2011An arteriovenous fistula (AVF) is considered the vascular access of choice, but uncertainty exists about the optimal time for its creation in pre-dialysis patients...
- Brain arteriovenous malformations associated with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia: gene-phenotype correlationsTakeo Nishida
Yale HHT Center, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Am J Med Genet A 158:2829-34. 2012..Larger studies are needed to further guide brain AVM screening decisions in patients with HHT...
- Portal hypertension due to a splenic arteriovenous fistula: a case reportMauricio Orrego
Division of Transplantation Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Dig Dis Sci 51:1113-6. 2006
- Regression of left ventricular hypertrophy after arteriovenous fistula closure in renal transplant recipients: a long-term follow-upPhilippe Unger
Department of Cardiology, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Am J Transplant 4:2038-44. 2004The long-term effects of hemodialysis arteriovenous fistula (AVF) closure on left ventricular (LV) morphology are unknown...
- Endovascular treatment of an iliocaval arteriovenous fistula presenting with multiple organ failureStijn Schepers
Department of Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 19:e244-6. 2009Iliocaval arteriovenous fistula is an uncommon, but challenging condition. The most common cause is spontaneous rupture of the iliac artery into the venous system due to aneurismal dilatation...
- Endovascular stent-graft repair of major abdominal arteriovenous fistula: a systematic reviewGeorge A Antoniou
Departments of Vascular Surgery, University of Thessaly Medical School, Larissa, Greece
J Endovasc Ther 16:514-23. 2009..To evaluate the outcomes of endovascular stent-graft repair of major abdominal arteriovenous fistulas...
- Percutaneous closure of a giant coronary arteriovenous fistula using free embolization coils in an adult patientLuca Olivotti
Interventional Cardiovascular Unit, Division of Cardiology, Santa Corona General Hospital, Pietra Ligure, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 9:733-6. 2008..The most challenging technical aspect of transcatheter coil embolization is the precise release of the spirals...
- Rupture of aneurysmal circumflex coronary artery into the left atrium after ligation of its arteriovenous fistulaAtsushi Nakahira
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Circ J 71:1996-8. 2007..Therapeutic strategies for this complex disorder are discussed, including the optimal timing of surgical treatment...
- Neoangiogenesis and the presence of progenitor cells in the venous limb of an arteriovenous fistula in the ratNoel M Caplice
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St, SW, Guggenheim 542, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F470-5. 2007....
- Saphenous vein loop to femoral artery arteriovenous fistula: a practical alternativeDaphne Pierre-Paul
Section of Vascular Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 18:223-7. 2004..The authors' experience with the greater saphenous vein to common femoral artery loop arteriovenous fistula (GSV-CFA AVF) is presented...
- Spinal osseous epidural arteriovenous fistula with multiple small arterial feeders converging to a round fistular nidus as a target of venous approachDae Chul Suh
Department of Radiology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 25:69-73. 2004..Transvenous coil embolization of the round venous sac results in near-total obliteration of the lesion, leading to symptomatic improvement...
- Carotid-jugular arteriovenous fistula and cerebrovascular infarct: a case report of an iatrogenic complication following internal jugular vein catheterizationSami Bahcebasi
Department of Internal Medicine Department of Nephrology, Erciyes University Medical School, Kayseri, Turkey
Hemodial Int 15:284-7. 2011..with central venous catheter insertion have been widely reported, there are few reports of carotid-jugular arteriovenous fistula formation...
- Sulodexide may alleviate neointimal hyperplasia by inhibiting angiopoietin‑2 in an arteriovenous fistula modelYan Lei
Department of Nephrology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University and Key Laboratory of Nephrology, Ministry of Health, Guangzhou 510080, PR China
Mol Med Rep 7:831-5. 2013....
- Patency and limb salvage after distal prosthetic bypass associated with vein cuff and arteriovenous fistulaE Ducasse
Unit of Vascular Surgery, Catholic Institute of Lille, France
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 27:417-22. 2004To assess the usefulness of vein cuff with or without arteriovenous fistula interposition as adjuvant techniques for improving patency and limb salvage in patients undergoing femorodistal bypass surgery using prosthetic grafts.
- Endovascular treatment of spinal arteriovenous lesions: beyond the dural fistulaA Patsalides
Division of Interventional Neuroradiology, Departments of Radiology and Neurosurgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical College, NY 10065, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 32:798-808. 2011..In this article, we discuss the classification, pathophysiology, and clinical manifestations of spinal vascular lesions other than DAVFs and provide a review of the endovascular approach to treat these lesions...
- Embolotherapy of an arterioportal fistulaQi Chen
Department of Radiology, Maimonides Medical Center, 4802 10th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:1047-51. 2007..On the day following the procedure, the patient reported total remission of the abdominal pain and diarrhea. These results were maintained at 3 months follow-up...
- Intermittent claudication secondary to a traumatic arteriovenous fistulaD Kotelis
Dept of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Vasa 36:285-7. 2007b>Arteriovenous fistula (AVF) formation is a recognized complication of arterial trauma...
- Postpartum uterine arteriovenous fistulaNatali Aziz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Obstet Gynecol 103:1076-8. 2004..Uterine arteriovenous communications are uncommon lesions that may be associated with life-threatening postpartum and postinstrumentation hemorrhage...
- Extensive arterial aneurysm developing after surgical closure of long-standing post-traumatic popliteal arteriovenous fistulaOlivier Hartung
Department of Vascular Surgery, North University Hospital, Marseille, France
J Vasc Surg 39:889-92. 2004Long-standing arteriovenous fistula (AVF) can lead after closure to late arterial aneurysm formation...
- Hemodialysis duration, human platelet antigen HPA-3 and IgA isotype of anti-β2glycoprotein I antibodies are associated with native arteriovenous fistula failure in Tunisian hemodialysis patientsSamira Hadhri
Laboratoire d Hématologie et Banque du Sang 03 UR 08 18, CHU Sahloul, 4000, Sousse, Tunisia
Thromb Res 131:e202-9. 2013b>Arteriovenous fistula (AVF) failure is a major cause of morbidity and mortality in hemodialysis patients...
- Asymptomatic intrarenal arteriovenous fistula accompanying severe renal vein dilatation detected 30 years after percutaneous renal biopsyT Okamura
Urology Division, Meijo Hospital, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Urol Int 61:261-2. 1998We report on a patient with asymptomatic intrarenal arteriovenous fistula (AVF) accompanying severe renal vein dilatation detected 30 years after percutaneous renal biopsy. The patient was found to have microscopic hematuria...
- Length polymorphisms of heme oxygenase-1 determine the effect of far-infrared therapy on the function of arteriovenous fistula in hemodialysis patients: a novel physicogenomic studyChih Ching Lin
School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 28:1284-93. 2013..between the length polymorphism of the guanosine thymidine repeat [(GT)n] in the heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) gene and far-infrared (FIR) therapy on access flow (Qa) and arteriovenous fistula (AVF) patency in hemodialysis (HD) patients.
- Selective arterial embolization for pseudoaneurysms and arteriovenous fistula of renal artery branches following partial nephrectomyTarek P Ghoneim
Urology Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Urol 185:2061-5. 2011..We describe the presentation, endovascular management and functional outcomes of 15 patients with renal arterial pseudoaneurysm following open and laparoscopic partial nephrectomy...
- Placing a primary arteriovenous fistula that works--more or less known aspects, new ideasKlaus Konner
Interdisciplinary Vascular Access Center, University Hospital, Cologne, Koln, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 28:781-4. 2013Despite the pre-operative availability of well-defined criteria to create a primary arteriovenous fistula (AVF) a high early failure/missing maturation is complained worldwide...
- Percutaneous antegrade transarterial treatment of iatrogenic radial arteriovenous fistulaFrancesco Summaria
Interventional Cardiology Unit, Department of Radiology, Policlinico Casilino, Rome, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 13:50-2. 2012..This is the first description of a successful and well-tolerated radial arteriovenous fistula (AVF) treatment by means of percutaneous antegrade approach with the use of a short introducer and a ..
- Effects of arteriovenous fistula on clinical, laboratory and echocardiographic findings in renal allograft recipientsNuman Gorgulu
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Artif Organs 34:1024-30. 2011..Presence of a patent arteriovenous fistula (AVF) after renal transplantation may contribute to the persistent LVH...
- Spinal extradural arteriovenous fistulas: a clinical and radiological description of different types and their novel treatment with OnyxLeonardo Rangel-Castilla
Department of Neurosurgery, The Methodist Neurological Institute, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 15:541-9. 2011..Understanding the complex anatomical variations of these uncommon lesions is important for management. The authors describe the different types of spinal extradural AVFs and their endovascular management using Onyx...
- Forearm venous distensibility predicts successful arteriovenous fistulaJoke van der Linden
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Kidney Dis 47:1013-9. 2006The success of a newly created arteriovenous fistula (AVF) depends on sufficient maturation of the forearm vein used. This maturation fails in up to 50%...
- Characterization of a model of an arteriovenous fistula in the rat: the effect of L-NAMEAnthony J Croatt
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Pathol 176:2530-41. 2010..The present study analyzed the changes that evolve in a femoral arteriovenous fistula in the rat...
- An arteriovenous fistula of the maxillary artery as a complication of Le Fort I osteotomyLaetitia Goffinet
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tours, France
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 38:251-4. 2010..The Le Fort I osteotomy, one of the most common techniques used to correct dento-midfacial deformities, is generally considered to be operatively safe. However, sometimes this procedure can lead to fatal vascular complications...
- Assessment of availability of magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) in renal arteriovenous fistulaTomomoto Ishikawa
Division of Urology, Department of Organs Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Urol Res 32:104-6. 2004We report two cases of cirsoid-type renal arteriovenous fistula (RAVF) which were difficult to differentiate from renal pelvic tumor by intravenous pyelogram (IVP) and computed tomography (CT) scan...
- Uterine arteriovenous fistula necessitating hysterectomy after two unsuccessful embolizations in an 18-year-old patientNa Guo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, P R China
Ann Vasc Surg 24:827.e9-11. 2010Uterine arteriovenous fistula is a rare, but potentially life-threatening condition that should be suspected in women of reproductive age with an unexplained vaginal bleeding...
- Utility of MRI in spinal arteriovenous fistulaShahed Toossi
Departments of Neurology, University of California San Francisco, CA, USA
Neurology 79:25-30. 2012Spinal arteriovenous fistula (SAVF) is a rare but treatable cause of myelopathy. The diagnostic accuracy of MRI for detecting SAVF is unknown...
- Surgical salvage of the autogenous arteriovenous fistula (AVF)Lawrence M Spergel
Dialysis Management Medical Group, San Francisco, CA 94109, USA
J Nephrol 20:388-98. 2007Numerous studies have shown that the native arteriovenous fistula (AVF) has better long-term outcomes than other forms of access for hemodialysis. However, complications may require challenging salvage procedures...
- Post-biopsy renal arteriovenous fistulaAbiodun A Omoloja
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Pediatr Transplant 6:82-5. 2002..Renal angiogram revealed an arteriovenous fistula (AVF) in the lower pole at the site of the biopsy...
- Transarterial embolization of an inferior genicular artery pseudoaneurysm with arteriovenous fistula after arthroscopyJosep Puig
Department of Radiology, Dr Josep Trueta University Hospital, Av FranCa s n, Girona, Spain
Korean J Radiol 8:173-5. 2007..unique case of a 55-year-old man with a lateral inferior genicular artery pseudoaneurysm and a concomitant arteriovenous fistula that developed after arthroscopic meniscectomy; this was successfully treated with selective angiographic ..
- An unusual varicocele due to spontaneous arteriovenous fistulaA Romagnoli
Department of Urology L Giuliani, San Martino Hospital, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Urology 64:1028-9. 2004
- Arteriovenous fistula as a complication of renal biopsyL Kopecna
1st Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Masarykiensis University, Brno, Czech Republic
Bratisl Lek Listy 106:218-20. 2005We evaluated the incidence and history of arteriovenous fistula (AVF) after kidney biopsy and assessed the use of superselective embolisation for treatment.
- Renal artery stump to inferior vena cava fistula: unusual clinical presentation and transcatheter embolization with the Amplatzer vascular plugManish Taneja
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608, Singapore
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:S92-5. 2008..The fistula was successfully occluded percutaneously using an Amplatzer vascular plug. The patient recovered completely and was discharged 2 weeks later...
- Spinal epidural arteriovenous fistulas associated with progressive myelopathy. Report of four casesNivaldo Silva
Department of Neuroradiology, Hopital Purpan, University of Toulouse, France
J Neurosurg Spine 6:552-8. 2007..The authors' aim in this paper is to emphasize the differences between dural and epidural AVFs in terms of their physiopathology and angioarchitecture as well as the therapeutic strategy...
- Exclusively epidural arteriovenous fistula in the cervical spine with spinal cord symptoms: case reportJ Asai
Department of Neurosurgery, Fujigaoka Hospital, Showa University, Yokohama City, Kanagawa, Japan
Neurosurgery 48:1372-5; discussion 1375-6. 2001We describe the case of an epidural arteriovenous fistula (AVF) in the cervical spine draining only into the epidural and paravertebral plexus. An entirely epidural AVF having such drainage is extremely rare.
- Effects of arteriovenous fistula formation on arterial stiffness and cardiovascular performance and functionShvan Korsheed
Department of Renal Medicine, Royal Derby Hospital, Derby, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:3296-302. 2011Native arteriovenous fistula (AVF) is the vascular access of choice and its use cf. catheters is associated with sustained reduction in mortality. This may be due to factors beyond dialysis catheter-associated sepsis...
- Large A-V fistula: pathophysiological consequences and therapeutic perspectivesZaid A Abassi
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, The Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, P O B 9649, 31096 Haifa, Israel
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 1:347-54. 2003..Based on that, the use of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors and/or angiotensin II (ATII) blockers may be beneficial in the management of patients with large AVF...
- Iatrogenic left subclavian artery-to-left brachiocephalic vein fistula: successful repair without a sternotomyYiannis Chloroyiannis
The Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 31:172-4. 2004Subclavian vein catheterization can result in arteriovenous fistula formation--a rare complication that will eventually lead to heart failure if left untreated...
- Late concomitant pseudoaneurysm and arteriovenous fistula of the subclavian artery: a developing country perspectiveSaulat Hasnain Fatimi
Section of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Vasc Endovascular Surg 44:503-5. 2010..The postoperative course was uneventful. In developing countries, where the endovascular expertise is unavailable or if the lesion is large, open surgical approach provides similar results as an endovascular approach...
- High-flow renal arteriovenous fistula treated with the Amplatzer vascular plug: implementation of an arterial and venous approachElias N Brountzos
Second Department of Radiology, Athens University, Medical School, Attikon University Hospital, 1 Rimini St, 12462, Chaidari, Greece
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 32:543-7. 2009We present a 28-year-old man with a large symptomatic arteriovenous fistula (AVF) treated with embolization using the Amplatzer vascular plug (AVP)...
- Treatment of a cavernous sinus dural arteriovenous fistula by deep orbital puncture of the superior ophthalmic veinG Benndorf
Department of Radiology, Charite, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Neuroradiology 43:499-502. 2001..ophthalmological problems, including uncontrolled intraocular pressure related to a cavernous sinus dural arteriovenous fistula, urgent intervention may be necessary to prevent permanent visual loss...
- Acupuncture-induced popliteal arteriovenous fistula successfully treated with percutaneous endovascular interventionHsuan Fu Kuo
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 26:158-62. 2010..There was no history of trauma, apart from her having undergone acupuncture several years previously. An arteriovenous fistula (AVF) was diagnosed by vascular ultrasonography and magnetic resonance imaging...
- Intracranial pial arteriovenous fistulaKentaro Yamashita
Department of Neurosurgery, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Yanagido, Gifu, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 47:550-4. 2007A 33-year-old woman presented with a rare intracranial pial arteriovenous fistula manifesting as monoparesis and hypesthesia of the right lower extremity...
- Treatment of dural arteriovenous fistula presenting as typical symptoms of hydrocephalus caused by venous congestion: case reportYukiko Nakahara
Department of Neurosurgery, Saga Prefectural Hospital Koseikan, Saga, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 51:229-32. 2011A 76-year-old woman presented with a dural arteriovenous fistula (DAVF) manifesting as typical symptoms of normal pressure hydrocephalus such as progressive dementia, gait disturbances, and urinary incontinence...
- Lung transplantation in a patient with arteriovenous malformationsGraciela Svetliza
Department of Transplantation, Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Heart Lung Transplant 21:506-8. 2002..We report a patient with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia who underwent a single lung transplant with excellent evolution, and three years later (that is, at the time of this paper), she is still alive...
- Giant saccular aneurysm of coronary arteriovenous fistula to the main pulmonary artery: intraoperative assessment by using fluorescent imagingKen Nakamura
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Saku Central Hospital, Nagano, Japan
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 16:354-7. 2010..Furthermore, it may be useful for the detection of shunt cases, such as congenital heart disease...
- Cervical perimedullary arteriovenous fistula in an infant presenting with subarachnoid hemorrhage--case reportToru Sasamori
Department of Neurosurgery, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 48:409-13. 2008..Digital subtraction angiography revealed a perimedullary arteriovenous fistula (AVF) fed by the left thyrocervical trunk, associated with a varix and a dilated perimedullary vein...
- Anti-PF4/heparin antibodies are associated with arteriovenous fistula thrombosis in non-diabetic hemodialysis patientsYueh Feng Tsai
Department of Hemodialysis and Nephrology, Tainan Sinlau Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
Clin Exp Nephrol 16:300-5. 2012..There is still controversy as to whether the presence of anti-PF4/heparin antibodies in hemodialysis patients augments clot formation in access fistula thrombosis, peripheral artery disease (PAD), and coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Iatrogenic vascular lesions after minimally invasive partial nephrectomy: a multi-institutional study of clinical and renal functional outcomesElias S Hyams
Brady Urological Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA
Urology 78:820-6. 2011..renal functional outcomes after treatment of iatrogenic vascular lesions (eg, renal artery pseudoaneurysm, arteriovenous fistula)...
- Single hole cerebral arteriovenous fistula between the anterior choroidal artery and the basal vein of Rosenthal in a childRodrigo Rivera
Interventional Neuroradiology Department, Rothschild Foundation, 75940 Paris, France
Childs Nerv Syst 25:1521-3. 2009The purpose of this study was to show the first reported case of a cerebral arteriovenous fistula (CAVF) from the anterior choroidal artery (AChoA) to the basal vein of Rosenthal in a Child.
- Transcatheter closure of aortocaval fistula with the amplatzer duct occluderFrancois Godart
Service des maladies cardiovasculaires infantiles et congenitales, Hopital Cardiologique, 59037 Lille, France
J Endovasc Ther 12:134-7. 2005..To report percutaneous closure of aortocaval fistulas with the Amplatzer Duct Occluder...
- Comparison of long-term effects between intra-arterially delivered ethanol and Gelfoam for the treatment of severe arterioportal shunt in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaMing sheng Huang
Department of Radiology, The 3rd affiliated hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, 600 Tianhe Road Guangzhou, 510630 China
World J Gastroenterol 10:825-9. 2004..To evaluate long-term effect of ethanol embolization for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) with severe hepatic arterioportal shunt (APS), compared with Gelfoam embolization...
- Transcatheter embolization of a high-flow renal arteriovenous fistula with use of a constrained wallstent to prevent coil migrationScott Resnick
Department of Radiology, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:363-7. 2006..This method allowed for complete occlusion of a large, high-flow fistula by transcatheter embolization with minimal risk of pulmonary embolization...
- A complex cavernous sinus dural arteriovenous fistula secondary to covered stent placement for a traumatic carotid artery-cavernous sinus fistula: case reportXian Li Lv
Beijing Neurosurgical Institute and Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, PR China
J Neurosurg 108:588-90. 2008..However, at the 9-month follow-up an angiogram revealed a complex caroticocavernous fistula that was completely obliterated with Onyx 18 transarterially...
- Iatrogenic femoral arteriovenous fistula: endovascular treatment with covered stent implantation and 4-year follow-upBarbaros E Cil
Department of Radiology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 12:50-2. 2006Puncture site complications such as arteriovenous fistula after femoral arterial catheterizations are becoming more common with the increasing number of endovascular procedures being performed by interventional radiologists and ..
- Varicocele complicating spontaneous arteriovenous fistulaSadatsugu Minei
Department of Urology, Kitasato Institute Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Urol 15:1084-5. 2008We describe herein a rare case of a varicocele complicating spontaneous arteriovenous fistula. A 40-year-old man was referred to our hospital in November 2006, complaining of a non-tender mass in the left scrotum at the age of 15 and ..
- Contemporary management of giant renal and visceral arteriovenous fistulaeNitin Garg
Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Endovasc Ther 18:811-8. 2011..To evaluate our experience with treatment of giant arteriovenous fistulae (AVFs) involving the renal and visceral vasculature and assess outcomes...
- Carotid-jugular arteriovenous fistula: a case report of an iatrogenic complication following internal jugular vein catheterization for hemodialysis accessHimanshu V Patel
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, Smt Gulabben Rasiklal Doshi and Smt Kamlaben Mafatlal Mehta Institute of Kidney Diseases and Research Centre, Dr H L Trivedi Institute Of Transplantation Sciences, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Hemodial Int 15:404-6. 2011..case of diabetic end-stage renal disease patient who presented with a right common carotid artery jugular arteriovenous fistula as a complication of the insertion of a polyurethane double-lumen hemodialysis catheter into the right ..
- Transcatheter embolization of a huge renal arteriovenous fistula with Amplatzer Vascular PlugChen Hsiang Shih
Department of Internal Medicine, E Da Hospital, No 1 E DA Road, Jiau Shu Tsuen, Yan Chau Shiang, Kaohsiung 824, Taiwan
Heart Vessels 25:356-8. 2010A large renal arteriovenous fistula (RAF) may lead to heart failure, renal insufficiency, hematuria, and progressive increase in size of renal vessels...
- Pial arteriovenous fistula: a review of literatureWei Hsun Yang
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chia Yi Center, Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, Chang Gung University, Taiwan
Br J Neurosurg 25:580-5. 2011Pial arteriovenous fistula (AVF) is a rare vascular lesion, with less than 120 reported cases in the English literatures (Hoh et al., Neurosurgery 2001;49(6):1351)...
- Successful surgical correction of a patient with congenital coronary arteriovenous fistula between left main coronary artery and right superior cavo-atrial junctionUjjwal K Chowdhury
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, AIIMS, New Delhi, India
Hellenic J Cardiol 50:73-8. 2009The case of a 7-year-old female with a congenital left main coronary arteriovenous fistula to the right superior cavo-atrial junction, presenting with congestive cardiac failure, is reported for its rarity...
- A case of unilateral leg edema due to abdominal aortic aneurysm with aortocaval fistulaTohru Takaseya
Department of Surgery, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 13:135-8. 2007..ACF is associated with high mortality because it is difficult to control venous bleeding from ACF. Detailed preoperative diagnosis of ACF can provide many advantages to control bleeding from ACF during an operation...
- Iatrogenic subclavian arteriovenous fistula: rare complication of plate osteosynthesis of clavicle fractureMuliang Ding
Department of Orthopaedics, Xiangya Hospital, Changsha, China
Orthopedics 35:e287-9. 2012Iatrogenic subclavian arteriovenous fistula is rare and has not been reported as a complication of plate osteosynthesis of clavicle fracture...
- Effect of closure of the arteriovenous fistula on left ventricular dimensions in renal transplant patientsE C van Duijnhoven
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Nephrol Dial Transplant 16:368-72. 2001..03) Blood pressure and creatinine clearance did not change. CONCLUSION: Closure of the arteriovenous fistula in stable renal transplant patients results in a decrease in LVMi, due to a reduction in LVEDD...
- Rendu-Osler-Weber syndrome presenting with pulmonary arteriovenous fistulaA M Halefoglu
Department of Radiology, Sisli Etfal Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Australas Radiol 49:242-5. 2005A pulmonary arteriovenous fistula is an abnormal connection between pulmonary arteries and veins. Patients with Rendu-Osler-Weber syndrome may present with this vascular malformation, which is a typical finding of the disease...
- Arteriovenous fistula in the rat tail: a new model of hemodialysis access dysfunctionTao Lin
Department of Urology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, People s Republic of China
Kidney Int 74:528-31. 2008..We established a rodent model of arteriovenous fistula by anastomosing the end of a lateral vein to the side of the ventral artery of the rat tail...
- Endovascular treatment of an aortic aneurysm ruptured into the inferior vena cavaT Umscheid
Städtische Kliniken Frankfurt Höchst, Frankfurt, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 7:31-5. 2000..To report the endovascular repair of a rare abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) rupture into the inferior vena cava...
- Palliating severe arteriovenous fistulae using absorbable pulmonary artery bandsKurt R Schumacher
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 89:1301-3. 2010..This case demonstrates a novel approach to limiting cyanosis while pulmonary arteriovenous fistulae resolved after redirection of hepatic blood flow to the affected lung...
- Delayed presentation of ilio-iliac arteriovenous fistula following laparoscopic cholecystectomy treated with percutaneous graft-covered stent placementMichael Karigiannis
Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, Athens Medical Center Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 15:411-4. 2005..of the lower extremities 1 year after laparoscopic cholecystectomy and was found to have an ilio-iliac arteriovenous fistula. Endovascular treatment was accomplished using a graft-covered polytetrafluoroethylene stent...
- Acquired pial arteriovenous fistula following cerebral vein thrombosisC C Phatouros
Division of Interventional Neurovascular Radiology, University of California at San Francisco Medical Center 94143 0628, USA
Stroke 30:2487-90. 1999We report a unique case of an acquired pial arteriovenous fistula occurring after an asymptomatic thrombosis of a superficial cerebral vein.
- Cavernous sinus dural arteriovenous fistula complicated by pontine venous congestion. A case reportMasaki Iwasaki
Department of Neurosurgery, Aomori Prefecture Central Hospital, Aomori, 030 8553, Japan
Surg Neurol 65:516-8; discussion 519. 2006..Brainstem venous congestion is a rare but serious complication of the CS-dAVF (cavernous sinus dural arteriovenous fistual)...
- Patient attitudes towards the arteriovenous fistula: a qualitative study on vascular access decision makingWang Xi
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, London Health Sciences Center and The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:3302-8. 2011..We aimed to understand the attitudes, beliefs, preferences and values of patients who refused creation or use of an AVF...
- Congenital circumflex coronary arteriovenous fistula with aneurysmal termination in the pulmonary arteryAhmad K Darwazah
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Al Makassed Hospital, Mount of Olives, Jerusalem, Israel
Tex Heart Inst J 32:56-9; discussion 58-9. 2005Coronary arteriovenous fistula is a rare congenital anomaly that is seen in 0.1 % to 0.2% of coronary angiograms. Aneurysmal formation in the fistula is even rarer...
- Staged endovascular occlusion of giant idiopathic renal arteriovenous fistula with platinum microcoils and silk suture threadsB J Gralino
Section of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Harris Methodist Hospital, Fort Worth, Texas, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 13:747-52. 2002..This resulted in a graded reduction in the extreme flow through the fistula, followed by delayed thrombosis and cure of the patient's symptoms...
- Iliocaval arteriovenous fistula presenting with multiple organ failureR P Lim
Department of Radiology, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Australas Radiol 50:381-5. 2006..We describe the CT findings of iliocaval fistula, which was the means of diagnosis in this study...
- Nontraumatic scalp arteriovenous fistula in an adult: technical report on an illustrative caseMehmet Senoglu
KSU Medical School Department of Neurosurgery, 46050 Kahramanmaras, Turkey
Surg Neurol 70:194-7. 2008..General approaches for the treatment of sAVF include ligation of the feeding arteries, surgical removal, electrothrombosis, embolization, and a combination of these approaches...
- Successful surgical repair of a giant left main coronary artery aneurysm with arteriovenous fistula draining into a persistent left superior vena cava and coronary sinus: role of intraoperative transesophageal echocardiographyAmgad N Makaryus
Division of Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, New York, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:1322-5. 2003..Cardiac catheterization revealed a massively dilated left main coronary artery aneurysm with an arteriovenous fistula into the left superior vena cava and coronary sinus. The calculated Qp/Qs was 2:1...
- Spindle cell haemangioendothelioma in an arteriovenous fistula of the ring finger after blunt traumaC A Harrison
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Northern General Hospital, Herries Road, Sheffield, UK
Br J Plast Surg 56:822-4. 2003We present a case of traumatic arteriovenous fistula of the palm and ring finger, which posed management dilemmas and eventually necessitated ray amputation...
- Symptomatic high-flow arteriovenous fistula after a C-2 fracture. Case reportGregory G Heuer
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 8:381-4. 2008..The patient's weakness improved over the next 7 days. At the 12-week follow-up examination, the patient's fractures had healed and he was neurologically intact...
- Venous-predominant parenchymal arteriovenous malformation: a rare subtype with a venous drainage pattern mimicking developmental venous anomalySo Hyang Im
Department of Neurosurgery, Dongguk University Hospital, Gyeonggido, Korea
J Neurosurg 108:1142-7. 2008..The purpose of this study was to clarify the classification of these challenging vascular lesions in an effort to suggest an appropriate diagnosis and management strategy...
- Transvenous embolization with a combination of detachable coils and Onyx for a complicated cavernous dural arteriovenous fistulaHong wei He
Department of NEuroradiosurgery, Beijing Neurosurgery Institute, Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100050, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:1651-5. 2008..We aimed to study the feasibility of transarterial embolization of cavernous dural arteriovenous fistulas with a combination detachable coils and Onyx to embolize a complicated cavernous DAVF via a transvenous approach...
- Successful repair for a giant coronary artery aneurysm with coronary arteriovenous fistula complicated by both right- and left-sided infective endocarditisKentaro Umezu
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Ageo Central General Hospital, Ageo, Saitama, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 57:544-6. 2009..an emergent lifesaving heart operation for an undiagnosed right coronary artery aneurysm with a coronary arteriovenous fistula complicated by active infective endocarditis, which affected the aortic valve, mitral valve, and coronary ..
- Traumatic arteriovenous fistula of the superficial temporal arteryFeng Li
Department of Neurosurgery, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Wenhua Xi Road, Jinan, Shandong 250012, PR China
J Clin Neurosci 14:595-600. 2007b>Arteriovenous fistula of the scalp is relatively rare. The superficial temporal artery is particularly vulnerable to trauma due to its long and relatively exposed course in the scalp...
- Use of an amplatzer vascular plug for transcatheter embolization of a renal arteriovenous fistulaJohn E Campbell
Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Charleston Division, Charleston, WV, USA
Vascular 17:40-3. 2009..We present a case in which an idiopathic renal AVF was successfully embolized with an Amplatzer vascular plug...
- Traumatic arteriovenous fistula 52 years after injuryMohammed Chaudry
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Vasc Surg 51:1265-7. 2010..It provides a rare look at the natural history of a traumatic AVF over 50 years following the initial injury...
- Perimedullary arteriovenous fistula of the filum terminale: case reportYong Jun Jin
Department of Neurosurgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Neurosurgery 66:E219-20; discussion E220. 2010Although a dural or intramedullary arteriovenous fistula involving the conus medullaris and fed by the lateral sacral artery has been reported, a case of perimedullary fistula arising from an artery in the filum terminale has not been ..
- Arteriovenous fistula after laser-assisted pacemaker lead extractionFederico Milla
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 81:2304-6. 2006Acute arteriovenous fistulas have been reported after pacemaker lead extraction. We report a case of an arteriovenous fistula presenting 2 weeks after transvenous laser-assisted lead extraction.
- Functional status of hemodialysis arteriovenous fistula in kidney transplant recipients as a predictor of allograft function and survivalB Vajdic
Department of Nephrology, University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Transplant Proc 42:4006-9. 2010There is no accepted policy for preserving or ligating arteriovenous fistula (AVF) after successful kidney transplantation...
- Vascular Structure and Function in Arteriovenous Fistula MaturationJonathan Himmelfarb; Fiscal Year: 2012..The arteriovenous fistula (AVF) is the preferred type of vascular access due to substantially lower thrombosis rates, infection ..
- MECHANISMS OF ARTERIAL GRAFT HEALINGAlexander W Clowes; Fiscal Year: 2013..The p27Kip1-838AA genotype is associated with successful arteriovenous fistula maturation or long term patency of an arteriovenous graft for dialysis, historically among the most ..
- A Luminal Vascular Coating to Prevent Intimal Hyperplasia Following Creation of aKate Stuart; Fiscal Year: 2013..Native arteriovenous fistula (AVF) is the preferred method of access for hemodialysis because of its low rates of infection and ..
- Mechanisms of Hand Dysfunction following Hemodialysis Fistula CreationSalvatore T Scali; Fiscal Year: 2013..neuromuscular dysfunction with an aberrant adaptive response and local tissue ischemia following arteriovenous fistula placement causes the spectrum of hand/upper extremity neuromuscular disability seen frequently in the post-..
- Mineral metabolism disturbances and arteriovenous fistula maturationBryan R Kestenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Mechanism of Dialysis Arteriovenous Fistula DysfunctionKarl A Nath; Fiscal Year: 2013..The outcome for even the most favored vascular access, the arteriovenous fistula (AVF), is dismal with up to 60% of AVFs never functioning, and increasing subsets of once functional AVFs ..
- The role of hypoxia in venous neointimal hyperplasia in hemodialysis graftsSanjay Misra; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have developed state- of-the art molecular reagents and validated mouse nephrectomy with arteriovenous fistula model (AVF) and a hypoxia fibroblast cell culture model...
- Evaluation of Vascular Malformation Hemodynamics Using ASL Perfusion MRIRonald L Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2010Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) and dural arteriovenous fistula (AVF) are vascular malformations with direct arteriovenous (AV) connections...
- Real Time Nitric Oxide Measurements as a Determinant of AV Fistula MaturationPrabir Roy-Chaudhury; Fiscal Year: 2011..and then return it to the patient), is a connection between the artery and vein in the forearm called an arteriovenous fistula (AVF). Unfortunately over 50% of these AVFs will not work due to vessel narrowing...
- Basic mechanisms in arteriovenous fistula maturation for hemodialysisEUGENE SANGKEU LEE; Fiscal Year: 2013..through a translational approach to vascular remodeling assessing the mechanisms of vein remodeling after arteriovenous fistula (AVF) construction for renal failure patients...
- Novel antithrombotic agents to prevent hemodialysis vascular access failureTZE CHEIN WUN; Fiscal Year: 2013..60 % of end-stage renal diseases patients who require chronic hemodialysis are accessed through a native arteriovenous fistula (AVF) or synthetic graft (AVG)...
- Novel Biological Markers in Impaired Arteriovenous Fistula MaturationTimmy C Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Primary arteriovenous fistula (AVF) failure, AVFs that are not suitable for dialysis at four to five months, remains the most significant obstacle in increasing overall prevalence of AVF use in the ..
- Anatomic and functional predictors of arteriovenous fistula maturationMiguel A Vazquez; Fiscal Year: 2012A well functioning arteriovenous fistula is the preferred type of vascular access for chronic hemodialysis...
- Predictors of Hemodialysis Access DysfunctionHaimanot Wasse; Fiscal Year: 2010..The primary aims of the proposed study are 1) estimate the association between diabetes and AA race and arteriovenous fistula (AVF) survival;2) explore whether factors associated with vessel location and primary cause of renal ..
- Hemodynamics and Vascular Wall Biology Determine Arteriovenous Fistula MaturationPrabir Roy-Chaudhury; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Vascular Progenitor Cells in Arteriovenous Fistula StenosisROBERTO IRENARDO VAZQUEZ PADRON; Fiscal Year: 2013..In conclusion, with the successful accomplishment of this proposal, we are paving the way for the design of new therapeutic strategies that may prevent A-V fistula failure and reduce vascular access complications. ..
- CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE ADVERSELY INFLUENCES VASCULAR FUNCTIONSJizhong Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2013..to identify how chronic kidney disease (CKD) influences the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying arteriovenous fistula (AVF) failure in patients with CKD...
- Hemodialysis Vascular Access Clinical Trial ConsortiumArthur Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..Patients undergoing placement of a native arteriovenous fistula are randomized to receive clopidogrel or placebo for the 6 weeks immediately following surgery...
- NONINVASIVE DEVICE FOR SEALING VASCULAR ACCESS PUNCTURESThomas Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2001..are not performed without risk, and a number of complications such as hematoma, pseudoaneurysm, and arteriovenous fistula occur that are responsible for considerable morbidity and some mortality...
- Blood Pressure and Risks of Cardiac CatheterizationCheryl Dumont; Fiscal Year: 2005..Complications in this study are: hematoma, bleeding, arteriovenous fistula, pseudoaneurysm, retroperitoneal bleed, and vascular occlusion...
- MECHANICAL INTERDEPENDENCE IN THE DEVELOPING LUNGJ PEREZ FONTAN; Fiscal Year: 1993..water (double indicator dilution) will be measured after increasing pulmonary blood flow with a controlled arteriovenous fistula. The information gained from these studies will help to clarify the response of the developing airways and ..
- ASPECTS OF DIASTOLIC FUNCTION IN THE HEARTMartin LeWinter; Fiscal Year: 1993..and the pericardium during the course of experimental chronic volume overload due to either a systemic arteriovenous fistula or aortic regurgitation. I propose that the pericardium and heart do not grow in parallel...
- COLLABORATIVE CLINICAL TRIALS IN VASCULAR ACCESSBradley Dixon; Fiscal Year: 2006..An established arteriovenous fistula is the recommended access due to longer survival and fewer complications compared to a graft...
- Antiproliferative Rx for venous neointimal hyperplasiaPrabir Roy Chaudhury; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that the results from this study could transform the clinical care of hemodialysis patients and at the same time result in the successful clinical application of local therapy for the treatment of neointimal hyperplasia...
- RENAL INJURY AND ADAPTATION TO HEME PROTEINSKarl Nath; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our proposed application thus continues to pursue the functionality of HO-1, as it utilized a new strategy, transgenic mice, and as it defines a new area of involvement namely, renal inflammation. ..
- RADIATION ARTERIOPATHY IN A TRANSGENIC AV FISTULA MODELMichael Lawton; Fiscal Year: 2004..This research aims to develop the transgenic arteriovenous fistula model, which is an animal model that replicates the angio-architecture and hemodynamics of a simple AVM, ..
- Homocysteine/Hypertension & Vascular Lesion FormationPeter Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Dialysis Access Consortium Clinical TrialsLAURA DEMBER; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- HEMODIALYSIS VASCULAR ACCESS CLINICAL TRIALS CONSORTIUMMichael Allon; Fiscal Year: 2007..The primary endpoint will be fistula thrombosis within 6 weeks, and the secondary endpoint will be the ability to use the fistula successfully for dialysis within 6 months. ..
- Vascular Access in Hemodialysis PatientsMichael Allon; Fiscal Year: 2005..The applicant will assist the trainees in acquiring the conceptual skills, research experience, and motivation required to pursue a successful career in Academic Nephrology. ..
- Cognitive function in dialysis patients: Ancillary study to the FHN trialJohn B Stokes; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowing which impaired cognitive functions predict impaired driving skills will help develop strategies to improve cognition and thus enhance safe driving. Such strategies have the potential to make the highways safer for everyone. ..
- An Automated System to Monitor Medical Device SafetyFrederic Resnic; Fiscal Year: 2009..This approach can be readily extended to monitor the safety of technologies outside of interventional cardiology as outcomes data repositories become available. ..
- Clonal Selection in Diabetic NephropathyOliver Lenz; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long-term goal of our proposal is to characterize the role of clonal selection in glomerular disease, and identify new targets for screening, prevention, and intervention in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- ANABOLIC STEROIDS AND EXERCISE IN HEMODIALYSISKIRSTEN JOHANSEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- CARDIAC VALVE CALCIFICATIONEmile Mohler; Fiscal Year: 2003..2. To investigate mechanisms of valve calcification using a cell culture model of calcification. 3. To examine therapeutic strategies to inhibit valve calcification with a bisphosphonate in cell culture. ..
- Novel Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Renal InsufficiencySylvia Rosas; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Bone Morphogenetic Proteins in Arterial RemodelingRAUL GUZMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is expected that during this award period, Dr. Guzman will progress toward his goal of becoming an independent scientific investigator...
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwardRuey Kang Chang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The principal investigator will take advanced courses to enhance knowledge and skills needed for patient-oriented research and work with the mentors to conduct the proposed project during the award period. ..
- Thrombus resolution is CXC chemokine dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ARGINASE AND ARTERIAL INJURYWilliam Durante; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- EARLY DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF DIALYSIS GRAFT STENOSISMichelle Robbin; Fiscal Year: 2003..Access patency will be followed for at least 2 years, or until placement of a new access. All other aspects of the patients' medical and dialysis care will follow usual medical standards. ..
- Effects of N-acetylcystein on Muscle Fatigue in ESRDKIRSTEN JOHANSEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..To determine whether patients with ESRD generate excessive oxidative stress in response to exercise and whether muscle fatigue can be ameliorated by short-term treatment with N-acetylcysteine. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Translational Control of Rapid Endothelial ResponsesLarry Kraiss; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. Determine the site of translation initiation in mRNAs encoding EC gene products under translational control. 4. Determine the role of p38 MAPK signaling in regulating translational events in activated EC. ..
- Oxidative Stress and Hemodialysis Access FailureMIRIAM WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Specific Aim C: To compare the success rates of prophylactic angioplasty when non-invasive techniques demonstrate decreased flow in the hemodialysis access in alpha-tocopherol-treated versus placebo-treated patients. ..
- Role of Obscurin and Obscurin-MLCK in myofibrillogenesisMark Russell; Fiscal Year: 2008..Characterizing obscurin's roles in new myofibril assembly and in sarcomere-sarcoplasma organization may identify new strategies to treat congestive heart failure and prevent myofibril damage during ischemia. ..
- CONTROL OF ENDOTHELIAL TRANSLATION BY FLUID SHEAR STRESSLarry Kraiss; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CLONING OF A POTENTIAL REGULATOR OF THE DHAND FACTORMark Russell; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MORPHOLOGY AND FUNCTION OF BRAIN VESSELSGARY BAUMBACH; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies should provide important new insight into the mechanisms of vascular remodeling. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PREVENTION OF HEMODIALYSIS VASCULAR ACCESS STENOSISAlfred K Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is highly likely that, within this 5-year proposal, the results of this project can be applied to pilot clinical studies. ..
- CT EVALUATION OF DIABETIC TIBIAL ARTERY CALCIFICATIONRAUL GUZMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our ultimate goal is to prevent the marco-vascular complications of diabetes, and to decrease the incidence of lower extremity amputation that causes disability in our patients. ..
- Pheresis Treatment of Bioterrorism-Induced SepsisStephen Ash; Fiscal Year: 2005..The safety systems of the existing PF system will be modified to meet the needs of the stand-alone system. Finally, an animal model of sepsis will be used to check efficacy and safety of the entire system. ..
- MethLock vs. heparin as dialysis catheter lockStephen Ash; Fiscal Year: 2008..In Phase II we will implement the protocol in a number of dialysis centers and complete the study as originally proposed or as modified after Phase I. ..