Summary: Inflammation of the uterine salpinx, the trumpet-shaped FALLOPIAN TUBES, usually caused by ascending infections of organisms from the lower reproductive tract. Salpingitis can lead to tubal scarring, hydrosalpinx, tubal occlusion, INFERTILITY, and ectopic pregnancy (PREGNANCY, ECTOPIC)
Publications203 found, 100 shown here
- [Imaging in pelvic inflammatory disease]I Thomassin-Naggara
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
J Radiol 89:134-41. 2008This is a review of evolutive aspects in pelvic inflammatory disease (salpingitis, endometritis, pyosalpinx, tubo ovarian abscess) assessed by different imaging modalities (Ultrasound, CT, MRI and hysterosalpingography).
- Chlamydial salpingitis in female guinea pigs receiving oral contraceptivesA L Barron
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock 72205
Sex Transm Dis 15:169-73. 1988..animals were killed on days 15 and 43, and gross pathological evidence for ascending infection culminating in salpingitis was found in all of five and four of five animals, respectively...
- Heat shock protein 60 is the major antigen which stimulates delayed-type hypersensitivity reaction in the macaque model of Chlamydia trachomatis salpingitisAnne B Lichtenwalner
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 6460, USA
Infect Immun 72:1159-61. 2004....
- Salpingitis, salpingoliths, and serous tumors of the ovaries: is there a connection?Jeffrey D Seidman
Department of Pathology, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 21:101-7. 2002..The presence of salpingitis and salpingoliths was prospectively evaluated in 358 women with a variety of nonneoplastic and neoplastic ..
- Herpetic salpingitis and fallopian tube prolapseT Lefrancq
Department of Pathology, Hôpital Bretonneau and Trousseau, Tours, France
Histopathology 34:548-50. 1999..We describe the unusual association of fallopian tubal prolapse and herpetic infection, an occurrence not previously reported to our knowledge...
- Genetic diversity and virulence profiles of Escherichia coli causing salpingitis and peritonitis in broiler breedersTeresa Pires-Dos-Santos
Department of Veterinary Disease Biology, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Stigbøjlen 4, 1870 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Vet Microbiol 162:873-80. 2013The genetic relatedness and virulence profiles of avian pathogenic Escherichia coli that caused salpingitis and peritonitis in 68 broiler breeders from 21 Danish farms were determined by multilocus sequence typing (MLST), pulsed-field-..
- Xanthogranulomatous salpingitis: report of three cases and comparison with a case of pseudoxanthomatous salpingitisE Kostopoulou
Department of Pathology, University Hospital of Larissa, Medical School of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 35:291-4. 2008..A rare condition described as pseudoxanthomatous salpingitis or pseudoxanthomatous salpingiosis, which is often associated with endometriosis, has been distinguished from ..
- Salpingitis in Pekin ducks associated with concurrent infection with Tetratrichomonas sp. and Escherichia coliR Crespo
California Animal Health and Food Safety Laboratory System, Fresno Branch, 93725, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 13:240-5. 2001..At necropsy, salpingitis and peritonitis were the most significant findings...
- Xanthogranulomatous salpingitis and oophoritis: a case report and review of the literatureY Gray
Department of Pathology, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 125:260-3. 2001A case of xanthogranulomatous salpingitis and oophoritis in a 47-year-old woman is presented...
- Effect of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection upon acute salpingitis: a laparoscopic studyC R Cohen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
J Infect Dis 178:1352-8. 1998..Of the 133 women with laparoscopically verified salpingitis, 52 (39%) were HIV-1-seropositive...
- Tubal factor infertility, with special regard to chlamydial salpingitisPer Anders Mardh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Curr Opin Infect Dis 17:49-52. 2004..This article will highlight recent research into tubal factor infertility as one of the main causes of involuntary childlessness in women. There will be a focus on chlamydial infections...
- Effect of human immunodeficiency virus-1 infection on treatment outcome of acute salpingitisNelly R Mugo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi, Kenya
Obstet Gynecol 107:807-12. 2006To examine the effect of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 infection on treatment outcome of laparoscopically verified acute salpingitis.
- Detection of Mycoplasma genitalium in women with laparoscopically diagnosed acute salpingitisC R Cohen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Sex Transm Infect 81:463-6. 2005..tube remains undefined, we performed an investigation to determine the prevalence of M genitalium in fallopian tube, endometrial, and cervical specimens from women laparoscopically diagnosed with acute salpingitis in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Acute peritonitis and salpingitis associated with streptococcal toxic shock syndrome caused by Lancefield group G alpha-haemolytic Streptococcus dysgalactiae subsp. equisimilisToshinobu Horii
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handa yama, Hamamatsu 431 3192, Japan
J Med Microbiol 55:953-6. 2006The authors treated a patient for what appears to be the first reported occurrence of acute peritonitis and salpingitis associated with streptococcal toxic shock syndrome (STSS)...
- Endometritis: the clinical-pathologic syndromeLinda O Eckert
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington, Seattle, 98104 2499, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:690-5. 2002The purpose of this study was to evaluate histologically proved endometritis as a clinical syndrome that is distinct from laparoscopically confirmed salpingitis.
- Xanthogranulomatous salpingitis associated with fallopian tube mucosal endometriosis: a clue to the pathogenesisMuhammad Idrees
The Lillian and Henry M Stratton Hans Popper Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 11:117-21. 2007Xanthogranulomatous salpingitis is an unusual inflammatory lesion of the fallopian tube, characterized by accumulation of foamy macrophages in the wall of the fallopian tube along with other chronic inflammatory cells...
- Observations on salpingitis, peritonitis and salpingoperitonitis in a layer breeder flockF T W Jordan
Department of Veterinary Pathology, University of Liverpool, Leahurst, Neston, South Wirral
Vet Rec 157:573-7. 2005A flock of 13,951 hens and 1379 cockerels was monitored from 26 to 58 weeks of age for the complex of salpingitis, peritonitis and salpingoperitonitis (sps)...
- A case of renal involvement in persistent immune activation caused by chlamydial salpingitisI Ohsawa
Department of Internal Medicine II, Nihon University School of Medicine, Oyaguchi Kamimachi 30 1, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Virchows Arch 438:306-11. 2001..Thus, we conclude that chlamydial salpingitis must be considered as one causative disease factor for renal involvement by means of its persistent immune ..
- [Escherichia coli salpingitis and peritonitis in layer chickens: an overview]W J M Landman
GD, Postbhus 9, 7400 AA Deventer
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 131:814-22. 2006Escherichia coli can induce salpingitis and/or peritonitis, a major cause of mortality in layer hens, but also other localized and systemic infections. E...
- Correlation of infertility with altered tubal morphology and function in mice with salpingitis induced by a human genital-tract isolate of Chlamydia trachomatisM Tuffrey
Division of Sexually Transmitted Diseases, MRC Clinical Research Centre, Harrow, Middlesex, UK
J Reprod Fertil 88:295-305. 1990..Infertility following chlamydial salpingitis could be associated with failure of egg transportation to the oviduct...
- Pseudoxanthomatous and xanthogranulomatous salpingitis of the fallopian tube: a report of four cases and a literature reviewMitsuko Furuya
Department of Surgical Pathology, Hokkaido University Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Int J Gynecol Pathol 21:56-9. 2002The clinical and pathological features of four cases of pseudoxanthomatous salpingitis (PXS) and xanthogranulomatous salpingitis (XGS) are described...
- Detection of novel organisms associated with salpingitis, by use of 16S rDNA polymerase chain reactionJennifer K Hebb
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
J Infect Dis 190:2109-20. 2004Although Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae are established causes of salpingitis, the majority of cases have no known etiology...
- Microsurgical resection of nonocclusive salpingitis isthmica nodosa is beneficialKhalid Awartani
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Fertil Steril 79:1199-203. 2003To determine the effect of microsurgical resection and tubocornual anastomosis (TCA) of nonocclusive salpingitis isthmica nodosa (SIN) on fertility and risk for ectopic pregnancy (EP).
- Looking back: drainage in pelvic abscess and pyosalpinx in 1913F M Sandifer
J Miss State Med Assoc 43:282-3. 2002
- [Pelvic inflammatory disease-- microbial findings]E Shopova
Akush Ginekol (Sofiia) 41:28-33. 2002..gonorrhoeae. The highest percentage as the cause of TOA and pelveoperitonitis has been attributed to association of microorganisms with anaerobic species having the leading part...
- Liposome delivery of Chlamydia muridarum major outer membrane protein primes a Th1 response that protects against genital chlamydial infection in a mouse modelJon Hansen
Chlamydia and Adjuvant Research, Department of Infectious Disease Immunology, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Infect Dis 198:758-67. 2008..A need for Th1-polarizing adjuvants in experimental chlamydia vaccines has been demonstrated, and antigen conformation has also been reported as being important for raising protective immunity...
- Hydrosalpinx fluid diminishes endometrial cell HOXA10 expressionGaurang S Daftary
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Fertil Steril 78:577-80. 2002..To determine the effect of hydrosalpinx fluid on the expression of HOXA10, an essential regulator of endometrial receptivity...
- [Peri-hepatitis abscess secondary to pelvic peritonitis]N Chevalier
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Antoine Beclere, 157, rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92141 Clamart Cedex, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 31:681-3. 2002..To report the case of a 42-year-old patient referred for exploration of a tumor of the right flank and evidence of inflammation...
- Xanthogranulomatous oophoritis and salpingitis: late sequelae of inadequately treated staphylococcal PIDRajpal Singh Punia
Department of Pathology, Govt Medical College, Chandigarh
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 46:80-1. 2003..with lymphocytes, plasma cells and neutrophils; this established the diagnosis of xanthogranulomatous salpingitis and oophoritis...
- Utilizing Chlamydia trachomatis IgG serology with HSG to diagnose tuboperitoneal-factor infertilityRachel C Bernstein
West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, USA
W V Med J 99:105-7. 2003..More invasive testing such as laparoscopy may be postponed or completely eliminated...
- [Salpingitis isthmica nodosa--frequency and etiology in infertile women]M Pŭnevska
Akush Ginekol (Sofiia) 42:20-2. 2003
- High prevalence of Fitz-Hugh-Curtis Syndrome in genital tuberculosisJ B Sharma
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 99:62-3. 2007
- Tubal ectopic pregnancy: macrophages under the microscopeA Tonello
Laboratorio di Analisi, Ospedale Mater Salutis, via C Gianella, 1 37045 Legnago, Verona, Italy
Hum Reprod 22:2577-84. 2007..Ectopic pregnancy (EP) is a major reproductive health issue, whose underlying causes remain largely unknown. The unusual macrophage presence in the oviduct affected by EP could indicate macrophage contribution to the pathology...
- Taking a history in the evaluation of infertility: obsolete or venerable tradition?Jacques Donnez
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Department of Gynecology, Brussels, Belgium
Fertil Steril 81:16-7; discussion 18. 2004..Taking a relevant history that includes pelvic inflammatory disease or exposure to sexually transmitted diseases is not obsolete...
- [The psychological effect of clinical examination on women with tubal infertility]S Tan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Second Affiliated Hospital, WCUMS, Chengdu 610041, China
Hua Xi Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 32:254-6. 2001..Most infertile women became sad when they were informed of the abnormal results of HSG and laparoscopy and the normal results of semen analysis...
- [Chlamydia trachomatis infection in men and its association with gynecologic alterations in their sexual partners]Fernando M Guerra-Infante
Departamento de Infectología del Instituto Nacional de Perinatología
Rev Invest Clin 57:406-14. 2005..trachomatis-infected and uninfected men to establish a possible association with gynecological damage in their sexual female partners...
- [Clinical study on treatment of oviduct obstruction by integrative traditional Chinese and Western medicine]J L Kang
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, First People's Hospital of Guangzhou, Guangzhou 510180
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 21:416-8. 2001..01). CONCLUSION: TCM-WM treatment is a good and practical method in treating oviduct obstruction...
- [The Chlamydia infection epidemic threatens women's reproductive health. A longitudinal study points out the need of effective strategy to break the trend]Lars Forslin
Kvinnokliniken, Universitetssjukhuset, Orebro
Lakartidningen 103:2848-53. 2006
- Tubo-ovarian abscess occurring 16 years after supracervical hysterectomyToshimitsu Tohya
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kumamoto Rosai Hospital, Yatsushiro, Japan
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 11:167-9. 2003..Supracervical hysterectomy is seldom performed and there are few reports of tubo-ovarian abscess (TOA) after supracervical hysterectomy...
- Tubo-ovarian abscess after colonic vaginoplasty for high cloacal anomaly in a 13-year-old girlS Fumino
Division of Surgery, Children s Research Hospital, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Eur J Pediatr Surg 12:345-7. 2002..She required a left salpingo-oophorectomy and postoperatively showed regular menstruation. Therefore we stress that tubo-ovarian abscess is one of the important late complications after colonic vaginoplasty for high cloacal anomaly...
- Mobiluncus species in gynaecological and obstetric infections: antimicrobial resistance and prevalence in a Turkish populationHrisi Bahar
Istanbul University, Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, 34303 Cerrahpasa, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Antimicrob Agents 25:268-71. 2005..The prevalence of Mobiluncus species isolated from vulvo-vaginal abscesses, endometrial smears, salpingitis and bacterial vaginosis was 2%, 4.7%, 3.8% and 49%, respectively...
- [Chlamydia infections and tubal infertility]Simina Vegheş
Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi, Facultatea de Medicina, Clinica a II a Obstetrică Ginecologie Iaşi
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 108:617-23. 2004..65) were noticed. Results with primary prevention through sexual education have been disappointing, so is necessary preventing or limiting sequelae of chlamydial infection, such as PID and tubal infertility...
- Microlaparoscopy and a GnRH agonist: a combined minimally invasive approach for the diagnosis and treatment of occlusive salpingitis isthmica nodosa associated with endometriosisOscar D Almeida
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile, USA
JSLS 9:431-3. 2005To evaluate whether occlusive salpingitis isthmica nodosa associated with endometriosis can be diagnosed by microlaparoscopy and managed with medical therapy using leuprolide acetate.
- Beta hemolytic streptococcus group f causing pelvic inflammatory disease in a 14-year-old girlStacey D Algren
Division of Gynecologic Surgery, Children s Mercy Hospital, and University of Missouri at Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 18:117-9. 2005..Various organisms have been named as causative agents in adolescent pelvic infections. Early diagnosis and treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease in young girls is imperative to future fertility and long term sequela...
- Perforin/Fas-ligand double deficiency is associated with macrophage expansion and severe pancreatitisJ Spielman
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL 33136, USA
J Immunol 161:7063-70. 1998..These studies demonstrate a novel role for perforin in homeostatic regulation of the immune response...
- Reduction in hospitalized women with pelvic inflammatory disease in Oslo over the past decadeIngvil Krarup Sørbye
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:290-6. 2005..The aim of the study was to identify changes during the last 10 years in the number of women hospitalized with PID in Oslo, as well as a change regarding the frequencies of the subdiagnoses salpingitis and tuboovarian abscess.
- Tuboovarian abscess caused by Candida in a woman with an intrauterine deviceWen Chiung Hsu
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Gynecol Obstet Invest 64:14-6. 2007..We present a case of a tuboovarian abscess caused by Candida species in a woman with an intrauterine device for >10 years. Surgical intervention followed by antifungal therapy resulted in a favorable outcome...
- Tubal occlusion causing infertility due to an excessive inflammatory response in patients with predisposition for keloid formationAna Cristina Garcia-Ulloa
Department of Medical Oncology, Instituto National de Cancerologia, Av San Fernando No 22, Col Seccion XVI, 14080 Tlalpan, Mexico City, Mexico
Med Hypotheses 65:908-14. 2005....
- Microperforate hymen resulting in pelvic abscessAndrea M Sanfilippo
University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 19:95-8. 2006
- [Pyosalpingitis after interadnexal laparoscopic hysterectomy. Two cases]Y Lenglet
Service de gynécologie obstétrique et reproduction humaine, Polyclinique, CHU Hotel Dieu, 11, Boulevard Leon Malfreyt, 63058 Clermont Ferrand cedex 01, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:768-71. 2005..Diagnosis was not easy, clinically suspected with the transvaginal ultrasonography, and confirmed by celioscopy. It may be helped by biopsy. The laparoscopic management was carried out without complications...
- TNF contributes to the immunopathology of perforin/Fas ligand double deficiencyErika Cretney
Cancer Immunology, Trescowthick Research Laboratories, Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Immunol Cell Biol 80:436-40. 2002..We conclude that TNF is necessary for the full manifestation of immune dysregulation caused by pfp/FasL-deficiency, in particular in the early and overwhelming tissue infiltration and destruction caused by inflammatory cells...
- Chlamydia trachomatis major outer membrane protein epitopes expressed as fusions with LamB in an attenuated aro A strain of Salmonella typhimurium; their application as potential immunogensL J Hayes
Department of Microbiology, University of Southampton Medical School, Southampton General Hospital
J Gen Microbiol 137:1557-64. 1991..The immunogenicity of the constructs was investigated in a mouse model of chlamydial salpingitis. After oral immunization, recombinant S...
- Foreign matter salpingitis 3 years after typhlitisH C Rossbach
Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, All Children's Hospital, University of South Florida, St Petersburg, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 23:253-4. 2001..This case suggests that typhlitis may cause delayed abdominal pathology. A history of this condition should be considered in the work-up of any patient with gastrointestinal or genitourinary pathology...
- Chlamydial heat shock protein 60--specific T cells in inflamed salpingeal tissueAnne Kinnunen
National Public Health Institute, Oulu, Finland
Fertil Steril 77:162-6. 2002..To evaluate the role of chlamydial heat shock protein 60 (CHSP60)-specific T-lymphocytes in tubal factor infertility...
- Apoptosis related genes expressed in cultured Fallopian tube epithelial cells infected in vitro with Neisseria gonorrhoeaePaz A Reyes
Laboratorio de Inmunología de la Reproducción, Facultad de Quimica y Biologia, Universidad de Santiago de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Biol Res 40:319-27. 2007Infection of the Fallopian tubes (FT) by Neisseria gonorrhoeae (Ngo) can lead to acute salpingitis, an inflammatory condition resulting in damage primarily to the ciliated cells, with loss of ciliary activity and sloughing of the cells ..
- Primary ovarian hydatid disease in the Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaOnnuola A Adewunmi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tathleet General Hospital, PO Box 30, Tathleeth, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 25:1697-700. 2004..We endorse the recommendation that every gynecologist, radiologist and histopathologist should maintain a high index of suspicion for hydatid cyst, whenever a septate cystic pelvic mass is found...
- Increased expression of uteroglobin associated with tubal inflammation and ectopic pregnancyAmado Alfredo Quintar
Center of Electron Microscopy, School of Medical Sciences, National University of Cordoba, Cordoba, Argentina
Fertil Steril 89:1613-7. 2008..Evaluation of uteroglobin (UG) expression in the fallopian tube in different tubal diseases...
- Contrasting effects of P2 receptor agonists on spontaneous contractility of human fallopian tubes with and without acute inflammationAirat U Ziganshin
Department of Pharmacology, Pharmacognozy and Botany, Kazan State Medical University, 49 Butlerov Street, Kazan 420012, Russia
Pharmacol Res 57:56-9. 2008..conservative anti-inflammatory treatment of acute purulent tuboovarial formations (group with acute purulent salpingitis, n=16). Division into two groups was done according to pathohistological diagnosis...
- Small bowel obstruction due to tubo-ovarian abscessGuy Pines
Department of Surgery B, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 10:481-2. 2008
- Salpingitis due to Entamoeba histolyticaE E Calore
Emilio Ribas Institute, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 6:97-9. 2002..Even though it is a rare disease the correct diagnosis of female genital tract amebiasis is of great importance for the indication of proper therapy...
- [Tumorous actinomycosis of the pelvis with in situ intrauterine device]K Bilek
Universitats Frauenklinik, Universitat, Leipzig
Gynakologe 26:346-8. 1993..5 sq. cm). On the right side there was unspecific, suppurative salpingitis and in the ovary an abscess formation on the grounds of actinomycosis...
- Incidence of perihepatic adhesions in ectopic gestationV Ali
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 77030, USA
Obstet Gynecol 92:995-8. 1998..adhesions may be an aftereffect of the acute hepatic episode, and because the cause of ectopic gestation is thought to be salpingitis, women with an ectopic gestation may also have a higher prevalence of coexisting perihepatic adhesions.
- Repeated Chlamydia trachomatis infection of Macaca nemestrina fallopian tubes produces a Th1-like cytokine response associated with fibrosis and scarringW C Van Voorhis
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Infect Immun 65:2175-82. 1997..trachomatis, validating the subcutaneous pocket model of chlamydial salpingitis. However, it was not possible to evaluate if there was an induction of perforin mRNA in infected salpingeal ..
- Does long-term talc exposure have a carcinogenic effect on the female genital system of rats? An experimental pilot studyNadi Keskin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dumlupinar University, Kutahya, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 280:925-31. 2009..The present study aims to investigate histopathological changes and whether long-term talc exposure is associated with potential carcinogenic effects on the female genital organs of rats...
- [Urogenital chlamydial infections in women and men]A Clad
Gynäkologische Infektiologie, Universitäts Frauenklinik Freiburg, 79106, Hugstetterstrasse 55, Freiburg, Germany
Hautarzt 58:13-7. 2007..Genital chlamydial infections are asymptomatic in 70% of patients, even if salpingitis occurs...
- The pathology of endometriosis: a survey of the many faces of a common disease emphasizing diagnostic pitfalls and unusual and newly appreciated aspectsPhilip B Clement
Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Adv Anat Pathol 14:241-60. 2007..can complicate the histologic findings and include infection within endometriotic cysts, pseudoxanthomatous salpingitis, florid mesothelial hyperplasia, peritoneal inclusion cysts, and Liesegang rings...
- Managing pelvic inflammatory diseaseN Sivalingam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, IMU Clinical School, Jalan Rasah, 70300 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan
Med J Malaysia 62:425-7; quiz 428. 2007..disease (PID) describes the clinical features of sexually transmitted pelvic infection ranging from acute salpingitis to salpingo-oophoritis and ultimately pelvic abscess...
- Fallopian tube recanalization: lessons learnt and future challengesGautam N Allahbadia
Deccan Fertility Clinic, Mumbai, India
Womens Health (Lond Engl) 6:531-48, quiz 548-9. 2010..Distal tubal obstruction is not amenable to catheter recanalization techniques. Tuberculosis, salpingitis isthmica nodosa, isthmic occlusion with club-changed terminal, ampullar or fimbrial occlusion, and tubal ..
- Tubo-peritoneal infertility: comparision of pre-operative hysterosalpingography and laparotomy findings (Tikur Anbessa Hospital, 1995 - 2002)Tadesse Kitilla
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Addis Ababa University, Faculty of Medicine
Ethiop Med J 44:167-74. 2006..To assess the value of hysterosalpingography (HSG) in diagnosing abnormalities of the fallopian tube in infertile women suspected to have infertility associated with a tubo-peritoneal cause...
- Surgical wound infection, tuboovarian abscess, and sepsis caused by Edwardsiella tarda: case reports and literature reviewV Golub
Division of Infectious Diseases, North Shore University Hospital, 400 Community Dr, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Infection 38:487-9. 2010..tarda infections. The first patient was a woman with a tuboovarian abscess (TOA) and bilateral salpingitis requiring surgical resection and drainage...
- A study on the pathological lesions of oviducts of buffaloes diagnosed at postmortemOsama Ibrahim Azawi
Department of Surgery and Obstetrics, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Mosul, Mosul, Iraq
Vet Res Commun 33:77-85. 2009..of oviduct abnormalities of buffaloes, investigate bacteria accompanying hydrosalpinx, pyosalpinx and salpingitis. In addition, the study was designed to investigate the correlation between bacterial infection of the uterus ..
- [Acute abdomen caused by Salmonella typhi acute appendicitis]A Manganaro
U O di Chirurgia Pediatrica, Dipartimento di Scienze Pediatriche Mediche e Chirurgiche, Universita degli Studi di Messina, Messina, Italy
Minerva Pediatr 58:203-5. 2006..Some examples are: salmonella-related intestinal perforations, gallbladder involments, salpingitis, and peritonitis...
- Enterobius vermicularis infection of the fallopian tube in an infertile femaleCarmen Young
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Alberta, Canada
Pathol Res Pract 206:405-7. 2010..The ova have a characteristic asymmetric oval configuration with flattening on one side. We postulate that our patient's salpingitis due to EV with accompanying fibrosis is a cause of her infertility.
- Histologic endometritis in asymptomatic human immunodeficiency virus-infected women: characterization and effect of antimicrobial therapyL O Eckert
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Obstet Gynecol 102:962-9. 2003To estimate the prevalence, risk factors, clinical symptoms and signs, and response to antimicrobial therapy of histologic endometritis in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected women without clinical salpingitis.
- [Pelvic inflammatory disease: contemporary diagnostic and therapeutic approach]Milan Terzic
Institute of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Clinical Centre of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Srp Arh Celok Lek 138:658-63. 2010..infection in women characterized by inflammation of the upper genital tract, including endometritis, salpingitis, pelvic peritonitis, occasionally leading to the formation of tubo-ovarian abscess (TOA)...
- The PCR assessed prevalence of Chlamydia trachomatis in aborted tissuesTomasz MagoÅ„
OddziaÅ‚ Ginekologii i PoÅ‚oznictwa, WojewÃ³dzki Szpital Specjalistyczny, ul Chopina 2, 35 055 RzeszÃ³w, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 9:43-8. 2005..ChT is a cause of cervicitis, endometritis, salpingitis, tubal infertility and ectopic pregnancy...
- Association of pathologic diagnoses with clinical findings in chronic endometritisMiltiadis Pitsos
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey, USA
J Reprod Med 54:373-7. 2009To investigate the association of chronic endometritis (CE) with abnormal uterine bleeding, chronic pelvic pain, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, genital tract infection and salpingitis.
- Fecundity and morbidity following acute pelvic inflammatory disease treated with doxycycline and metronidazolePentti K Heinonen
Medical School K 210, FIN 33014 University of Tampere, Finland
Arch Gynecol Obstet 268:284-8. 2003..Etiologic factors or severity of PID made no difference to the conception rate. Patients with mild or moderate salpingitis had a high conception rate...
- [Sterility and STD]Masayoshi Noguchi
Nagoya Preventive Medical Institute
Nihon Rinsho 67:185-9. 2009..are associated many clinical syndromes, ranging from urethritis and epididymitis in men to cervicitis, salpingitis, acute urethra syndrome, endometritis, ectopic pregnancy, infertility and pervic inflammatory disease in women...
- Genital manifestations of tropical diseasesJ Richens
University College London, London, UK
Sex Transm Infect 80:12-7. 2004..or lesions of the upper genital tract (epididymo-orchitis caused by tuberculosis, leprosy, and brucellosis; salpingitis as a result of tuberculosis, amoebiasis, and schistosomiasis)...
- Tissue distribution of haemolytic Gallibacterium anatis isolates in laying birds with reproductive disordersC Neubauer
Department for Farm Animals and Veterinary Public Health, Clinic for Avian, Reptile and Fish Medicine, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, Veterinaerplatz 1, Vienna, Austria
Avian Pathol 38:1-7. 2009Gallibacterium anatis biovar haemolytica has been suggested to have a causal role in peritonitis and salpingitis in chickens. Therefore, the aim of this study was to investigate the occurrence of G...
- GtxA from Gallibacterium anatis, a cytolytic RTX-toxin with a novel domain organisationBodil Marie Kristensen
Department of Veterinary Disease Biology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Stigbøjlen 4, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Vet Res 41:25. 2010Gallibacterium anatis is a pathogen in chickens and other avian species where it is a significant cause of salpingitis and peritonitis...
- New developments in the etiology and pathogenesis of bacterial vaginosisC A Spiegel
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison 53791 9452
Adv Exp Med Biol 224:127-34. 1987..Unlike cervical infection with Chlamydia or salpingitis caused by N...
- Ectopic pregnancy treatment by laparoscopy, a short glimpseL Mettler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Campus Kiel, University Hospitals Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol 15:305-10. 2006..There are a number of factors predisposing to this condition; today, the most common of these is salpingitis. Due to advancements in diagnostic technology it is possible to diagnose this condition early and thus try to ..
- [Adnexitis and pelvic inflammatory disease]U Lauper
Universitätsfrauenklinik Zürich, Zurich, Schweiz
Gynakol Geburtshilfliche Rundsch 45:14-8. 2005..infection describe inflammatory changes in the upper female genital tract of any combination: endometritis, salpingitis, tubo-ovarian abscess, peritonitis in the small pelvis...
- [Fertiloscopy: Clermont-Ferrand's experiment]E Nohuz
Service de gynécologie obstétrique et médecine de la reproduction, polyclinique Hôtel Dieu, CHU de Clermont Ferrand, 11, Boulevard Leon Malfreyt, 63058 Clermont Ferrand cedex 01, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 34:894-9. 2006..Evaluation of fertiloscopy's place in the management of female infertility...
- Ultrasound of pelvic inflammatory diseaseMindy M Horrow
Department of Radiology, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19141 3098, USA
Ultrasound Q 20:171-9. 2004..Understanding of the sonographic features of pelvic inflammation, salpingitis, pyosalpinx, tubo-ovarian complex and tubo-ovarian abscess will allow the interpreter to make more specific, ..
- Expression of proinflammatory cytokines and receptors by human fallopian tubes in organ culture following challenge with Neisseria gonorrhoeaeKevin Maisey
Laboratorio de Inmunología de la Reproducción, Facultad de Quimica y Biologia, Universidad de Santiago de Chile USACH Instituto Chileno de Medicina Reproductiva, Santiago, Chile
Infect Immun 71:527-32. 2003Infection of the Fallopian tubes (FT) by Neisseria gonorrhoeae can lead to acute salpingitis, an inflammatory condition, which is a major cause of infertility...
- [Chlamydia antibody testing for tubal factor subfertility]C M J G Lardenoije
Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen, afd Obstetrie en Gynaecologie, Groningen
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 151:1981-5. 2007..It is assumed that about lo% of all cervical infections ascend to the upper genital tract, where they can cause salpingitis, which may lead to tubal pathology...
- [Pelvic inflammatory disease]Kathrin Hoof
Klinik fur Gynakologie und Geburtshilfe, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel
Ther Umsch 64:365-8. 2007..infection describe inflammatory changes in the upper female genital tract of any combination: endometritis, salpingitis, tubo-ovarian abscess and peritonitis in the small pelvis...
- Risk factors in developing pregnancy-related pelvic girdle painHanne B Albert
The Back Research Center, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:539-44. 2006..In this prospective epidemiologic cohort study the aim was to identify possible risk factors for developing four different syndromes of pelvic girdle pain during pregnancy...
- The fallopian tube-peritoneal junction: a potential site of carcinogenesisJeffrey D Seidman
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 30:4-11. 2011..Inflammation at the junction was seen predominantly in patients with salpingitis, torsion, or tubal pregnancy...
- Genital lesions in an outbreak of caprine contagious agalactia caused by Mycoplasma agalactiae and Mycoplasma putrefaciensM C Gil
Department of Medicine and Animal Health, Veterinary Faculty, University of Extremadura, Avenida de la Universidad s n, 10071, Caceres, Spain
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 50:484-7. 2003..putrefaciens was the only agent isolated from the genital lesions reported here, characterized by desquamative salpingitis and cystic catarrhal metritis in females and by testicular degeneration in males...
- Tubo-ovarian abscess in a sexually inactive adolescent patientI S Arda
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Pediatr Surg 14:70-2. 2004Tubo-ovarian abscess as a complication of acute salpingitis or salpingo-oophoritis is very uncommon in pre-menarchal and/or sexually inactive girls. It is generally the result of a blood-borne or genitourinary infection...
- Nodular histiocytic hyperplasia of the endometriumMasaharu Fukunaga
Department of Pathology, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:1032-4. 2004..Hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy specimens revealed uterine leiomyomas, adenomyosis, and acute salpingitis. A 5-mm, well-demarcated, elevated endometrial nodule (an incidental finding) was present and consisted of ..
- Hysterosalpingography: current applicationsC W Eng
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, 100 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 229899
Singapore Med J 48:368-73; quiz 374. 2007..Pathological findings that can be detected on hysterosalpingography include salpingitis isthmica nodosa, tubal blockage, peritubal adhesion, submucosal leiomyoma, endometrial polyp, endometrial ..
- Genital Chlamydia trachomatis infectionsC Bebear
Laboratoire de Bactériologie EA 3671, Infections Humaines à Mycoplasmes et Chlamydiae, CNR des Infections à Chlamydiae, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 15:4-10. 2009..Untreated C. trachomatis infections are responsible for a large proportion of salpingitis, ectopic pregnancy, infertility and, to a lesser extent, epididymitis...
- Diagnostic approach and management of acute abdominal painMurdani Abdullah
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Indonesia Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital Jl Diponegoro no 71, Jakarta Pusat 10430, Indonesia
Acta Med Indones 44:344-50. 2012..colic, cholecystitis, diverticulitis, bowel obstruction, visceral perforation, pancreatitis, peritonitis, salpingitis, mesenteric adenitis and renal colic...
- Tubal factor infertility: diagnosis and management in the era of assisted reproductive technologyErica C Dun
Atlanta Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery and Reproductive Medicine, 5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, Suite 276, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 39:551-66. 2012..The most prevalent cause of tubal factor infertility is pelvic inflammatory disease and acute salpingitis. The diagnosis of tubal occlusion can be established by a combination of clinical suspicion based on patient ..
- Xanthogranulomatous salpingo-oophoritis: a rare entity at an exceptional siteA L Hemalatha
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 50:607-9. 2007
- Diagnosis and management of oviductal disease in three red-eared slider turtles (Trachemys scripta elegans)C Mans
Tai Wai Small Animal and Exotic Hospital, Tai Wai, New Territories, Hong Kong
J Small Anim Pract 53:234-9. 2012..appetite and signs of nesting behaviour and was diagnosed with obstructive dystocia associated with bacterial salpingitis. Successful treatment consisted of transcloacal egg removal and systemic antibiotics...
- MOLECULAR GENETIC ANALYSIS OF CHLAMYDIA PATHOGENICITYAnthony T Maurelli; Fiscal Year: 2012..endocarditis, polyarthritis, blindness, and a wide range of sexually transmitted diseases including cervicitis, salpingitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, and infertility in females and non-gonococcal arthritis and acute epididymitis in ..
- MOLECULAR GENETIC ANALYSIS OF CHLAMYDIA PATHOGENICITYAnthony T Maurelli; Fiscal Year: 2013..endocarditis, polyarthritis, blindness, and a wide range of sexually transmitted diseases including cervicitis, salpingitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, and infertility in females and non-gonococcal urethritis and acute epididymitis ..
- Development of an in vivo model of chlamydial persistence.Robert V Schoborg; Fiscal Year: 2010..In women, C. trachomatis genital infection often results in salpingitis, sterility or atopic pregnancy. Genital chlamydial infections cost an estimated $10 billion in the US in 2002...
- Anti-adhesive prevention of Chlamydia trachomatis genital tract infectionLee Ann Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Infection of the mucosa results in cervicitis, endometritis, and salpingitis. The pathological consequences of untreated infections may result in severe reproductive tract disease ..
- Clinical Epidemiology of Mycoplasma genitaliumPatricia Totten; Fiscal Year: 2006..true for most upper genital tract complications of urethritis (epididymitis) or endocervicitis (endometritis, salpingitis and perinatal and puerperal morbidity)...
- CHLAMYDIA TRACHOMATIS ENVELOPE COMPONENTS AND VIRULENCEJANE RAULSTON; Fiscal Year: 2003..transmitted infections in the United States and a major culprit in urethritis, cervicitis, endometritis, salpingitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, infertility and ectopic pregnancy...
- MOLECULAR GENETIC ANALYSIS OF CHLAMYDIA PATHOGENICITYANTHONY MAURELLI; Fiscal Year: 2004..endocarditis, polyarthritis, blindness, and a wide range of sexually transmitted diseases including cervicitis, salpingitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, and infertility in females; and non-gonococcal urethritis and acute epididymitis ..
- A High Accuracy Point-of-Care Chlamydia trachomatis TestMichael Helms; Fiscal Year: 2004..S. and over 100 million worldwide annually. Sequelae include urethritis, cervicitis, salpingitis (which can lead to infertility in women), pelvic inflammatory disease, adverse pregnancy outcomes (e.g...
- INTRACELLULAR FATE OF NEISSERIA GONORRHOEAERichard Rest; Fiscal Year: 2000..Gonorrhea, and its dramatically more serious complications, salpingitis and PID (pelvic inflammatory disease), which may lead to sterility and ectopic pregnancy, cost the US ..
- CELLULAR TRAFFICKING TO INFLAMED FEMALE GENITAL MUCOSAKathleen Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2007..Intriguingly, the presence of ectopic lymphoid aggregates within fallopian tubes is diagnostic for salpingitis, a condition which precedes tubal infertility...
- Prevention of Chlamydia trachomatis InfectionsRANDALL MRSNY; Fiscal Year: 2003..trachomatis is an obligate intracellular pathogen that can cause blinding trachoma, urethritis, cervicitis and salpingitis, and is an important cofactor for transmission of human immunodeficiency virus...
- CHLAMYDIAL IMMUNITY AND PATHOGENESISRichard Stephens; Fiscal Year: 2001..is a common and important cause of sexually transmitted infection, and the most damaging diseases are salpingitis and epididymitis, that may result in infertility, chronic pelvic pain and ectopic pregnancy...
- Interaction of Chalmydia with Innate Immune ReceptorsROBIN INGALLS; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, if left untreated, the infection can ascend to the upper genital tract producing salpingitis, perihepatitis and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) in women...
- IMMUNOPATHOGENESIS--EXPERIMENTAL CHLAMYDIAL SALPINGITISDorothy Patton; Fiscal Year: 2000..experiments showed that antibiotic and antiinflammatory treatment did not change the outcome of chlamydial salpingitis. However, intrinsic host factors, such as cytokine responses and MHC genotype, may predispose to tubal ..
- LOCAL IMMUNE RESPONSE IN CHLAMYDIA SALPINGITISDorothy Patton; Fiscal Year: 2003..The responses of macaque salpingeal tissues support earlier observation that chlamydial salpingitis is an immunopathogenic response, and that potential interventions should include specific immune modulators...
- MUCOSAL VACCINE FOR SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED CHLAMYDIAMiroslav Novak; Fiscal Year: 1993..In these studies the mouse pneumonitis model of salpingitis will be used, to allow accurate, cost effective analysis of the immune response...
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF GONOCOCCAL INFECTION IN HUMAN TISSUESMorris Cooper; Fiscal Year: 1991..will provide new information concerning the interaction of immunocompetent cells with the gonococcus or its antigens and in turn a better understanding of the immunological events relating to the establishment of gonococcal salpingitis.
- SURFACE ANTIGENS OF TREPONEMA PALLIDUMWesley Van Voorhis; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, these studies will help define the protective immune response that results after immunization with Tp92 as well as the immune response to Tp92 that occurs during infection. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pathogenesis of Ovarian Serous Borderline TumorsRobert J Kurman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will refine diagnostic and prognostic markers of advanced stage tumors. These results will be expected to have a significant impact on the clinical management of patients with this disease. ..
- WIH/Brown Epidemiology/Clinical Trials Training ProgramLori Boardman; Fiscal Year: 2006..This multidisciplinary program will provide a new cadre of ob/gyn investigators who will further the scientific database in reproductive health. ..
- Mentored Investigator Award in Women's HealthLori Boardman; Fiscal Year: 2005....