Summary: Aneurysm due to growth of microorganisms in the arterial wall, or infection arising within preexisting arteriosclerotic aneurysms.
Publications211 found, 100 shown here
- Mycotic aneurysms of the thoracic and abdominal aorta and iliac arteries: experience with anatomic and extra-anatomic repair in 33 casesB T Müller
Department of Vascular Surgery and Kidney Transplantation, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Vasc Surg 33:106-13. 2001..The aim of our study was to find out whether any progress could be achieved in a single center over a long time period (18 years) through use of surgical techniques and antiseptic adjuncts...
- Tuberculous mycotic aneurysm of the aorta: review of published medical and surgical experienceR Long
Department of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Chest 115:522-31. 1999....
- Allograft replacement of common iliac artery mycotic aneurysm caused by Bacteroides fragilis vertebral spondylitis--a case reportYoshihiko Tsuji
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe Japan
Vasc Endovascular Surg 37:441-4. 2003..The postoperative course was uneventful, and he remains well 3 years after his operation without persistent infection or allograft rejection...
- Acute type B aortic dissection complicated with a mycotic aortic arch aneurysmKatsuhiko Matsuyama
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Tenri Hospital, Nara, Japan
Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 51:545-7. 2003..The patient was discharged without recurrence of infection 2 months after the graft replacement...
- Surgical treatment for primary infected aneurysm of the descending thoracic aorta, abdominal aorta, and iliac arteriesRon Bin Hsu
Department of Surgery and Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, and Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
J Vasc Surg 36:746-50. 2002..In this retrospective review, we report the surgical results of infected aortic aneurysms treated at a single center over 5 years...
- Endovascular repair of a thoracic aorta mycotic pseudoaneurysm in a patient with history of bacteroides fragilis sepsis and leprosyMichael D Beland
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:298-300. 2005
- Outcome after endovascular stent graft treatment for mycotic aortic aneurysm: a systematic reviewChung Dann Kan
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
J Vasc Surg 46:906-12. 2007....
- Mycotic aneurysms of the thoracic aorta: a diagnostic challengeJoseph F Malouf
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Med 115:489-96. 2003
- Endovascular treatment of a tuberculous infected aneurysm of the descending thoracic aorta: a word of cautionLouis Labrousse
Department of Cardio Vascular Surgery, Bordeaux Heart University Hospital, Bordeaux Pessac, France
J Vasc Surg 46:786-8. 2007An infected aneurysm of the thoracic aorta due to mycobacterium tuberculosis is an unusual entity for which the classical treatment is antituberculosis chemotherapy and open-chest surgery...
- Re: "Treatment of a ruptured thoracoabdominal aneurysm with a stent-graft covering the celiac axis"M A A M Schepens
J Endovasc Ther 14:268-9. 2007
- 11-year experience with anatomical and extra-anatomical repair of mycotic aortic aneurysmsC Kyriakides
Regional Vascular Unit, St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 27:585-9. 2004..We have reviewed our management, of both ruptured and non-ruptured, abdominal and thoraco-abdominal mycotic aneurysms in order to determine the safety and efficacy of in situ and extra-anatomical prosthetic repairs...
- Endovascular treatment of mycotic aneurysms of the thoracic and abdominal aorta: the need for level I evidenceJ J Smith
University of Texas Medical School, Houston, USA
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 27:569-70. 2004
- Mycotic aneurysm of the abdominal aorta with retroperitoneal abscess: successful endovascular repairThomas A Koeppel
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Mannheim, Faculty of Clinical Medicine of the University of Heidelberg, Germany
J Vasc Surg 40:164-6. 2004..We report successful endovascular repair of a mycotic abdominal aortic aneurysm. Endovascular treatment may offer a benefit, especially in critically ill patients...
- Percutaneous management of complications (aortoenteric fistula and sac abscess) following bypass surgery for abdominal aortic aneurysmHemant Deshmukh
Department of Radiology, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, 400 012, India
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:778-81. 2007
- Mycotic aneurysm of the infrarenal aortaD Papadimitriou
Vascular Unit of the 2, Surgical Clinic, Aristotelion University of Thessaloniki, G Gennimatas Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Vasa 32:218-20. 2003..We present a case of mycotic aneurysm of the infrarenal aorta and a brief discussion of the alternative treatments from the relevant literature...
- Successful treatment of a tuberculous vertebral osteomyelitis eroding the thoracoabdominal aorta: a case reportJuergen Falkensammer
Department of Vascular Surgery, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
J Vasc Surg 42:1010-3. 2005..Both conditions were successfully treated with antituberculous chemotherapy and a combined surgical procedure, ie, aneurysm resection and homograft implantation, followed by orthopedic stabilization of the spine...
- Aortoplasty with a bovine venous xenograft for pseudoaneurysm after heart transplantationT Omoto
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart Center North Rhine Westphalia, Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 45:149-51. 2004..Pseudoaneurysm was excised and aortoplasty was performed with a bovine venous xenograft patch. Six months after the operation, and 2 years after transplantation, the patient is doing well...
- Successful treatment of Salmonella mycotic aneurysm of the descending thoracic aortaChih Yuan Lin
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Cheng Gung Road, Nei Hu, Taipei 114, Taiwan, ROC
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 24:320-2. 2003..The case of a 68-year-old female presenting with a mycotic aneurysm of the descending thoracic aorta caused by Salmonella species is described, which involved successful surgical intervention...
- Tuberculous aneurysm of extracranial carotid arteryE Stephen
Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 35:9-10. 2008..We propose that the extracranial carotid artery pseudoaneurysm was as a result of direct extension from tuberculous lymphadenitis and discuss the management of these patients...
- [In situ graft replacement for the thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm with abscess around the aorta; report of a case]H Hirai
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Osaka City University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Kyobu Geka 56:581-4. 2003..Finally, a pedicled omental flap was used to cover the artificial graft. Two years postoperatively, the patient is doing well with no recurrence of infection...
- [Ruptured infectious pseudoanerysm of the superficial femoral artery: literature overview and a case review]P Mondek
Oddelenie cievnej chirurgie, FN Nitra, Slovenska republika
Rozhl Chir 86:75-7. 2007
- Repair of mycotic aortic pseudoaneurysm with a stent graft using transesophageal echocardiographySunil S Rayan
Department of Vascular Surgery, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Vasc Surg 40:567-70. 2004..Treatment of a mycotic aortic pseudoaneurysm with an endoprosthesis in a patient without other treatment alternatives can be performed safely, with acceptable short-term results...
- Peripheral seeding of mycotic aneurysms from an infected aortic stent graftT J Parkinson
Northern Vascular Centre, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 33:684-6. 2007..He was successfully treated with extra-anatomic bypass of the aorta and both surgical and endovascular repair of his peripherally seeded mycotic aneurysms...
- Recurrent tuberculous pseudoaneurysm of the descending thoracic aorta--a case reportMustafa Sirvanci
Department of Radiology, University of Kadir Has, School of Medicine, Florence Nightingale Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Angiology 57:103-6. 2006..To their knowledge, this is the first reported case of recurrent disease after a successful surgical treatment...
- Endoaortic stent grafting of a giant infected hepatic-celiac pseudoaneurysmLefeng Qu
Department of Vascular Surgery, Changhai Hospital, Shanghai, China
J Vasc Surg 42:159-62. 2005..The patient recovered uneventfully and was discharged without any residual symptoms. At a 5-year follow-up, the patient remained asymptomatic and was leading a normal life...
- Multiple HIV-related aneurysms: open and endovascular treatmentMaarit A Heikkinen
Division of Vascular Surgery, Stanford University, Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305 5642, USA
J Endovasc Ther 12:405-10. 2005..To report successful endovascular repair of thoracic aortic aneurysms in 2 patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)...
- MRSA-infected external iliac artery pseudoaneurysm treated with endovascular stentingM G Clarke
Department of Surgery, Taunton and Somerset Hospital, Musgrove Park, Taunton, TA1 5DA, UK
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:364-6. 2005..No graft infection was reported at 12 months. This case illustrates the potential use of endovascular stent-grafting in the treatment of an infected pseudoaneurysm...
- Stent-graft treatment of infected aortic and arterial aneurysmsKwang Hun Lee
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiological Science, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Endovasc Ther 13:338-45. 2006..To evaluate the feasibility and effectiveness of endovascular stent-graft repair of infected aortic and arterial aneurysms...
- Endovascular repair of Salmonella-infected abdominal aortic aneurysms: a word of cautionThomas L Forbes
Division of Vascular Surgery, London Health Sciences Centre and The University of Western Ontario, Canada
J Vasc Surg 44:198-200. 2006..Specifically, we urge caution when considering endovascular repair of Salmonella-infected arterial pathologies...
- Internal carotid pseudoaneurysm within a parapharyngeal infection: an infrequent complication of difficult diagnosisC A Pérez Fernández
ENT Department, San Millan Hospital, Logrono, La Rioja, Spain
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:671-3. 2005
- Endovascular stent graft repair of mycotic aneurysms of the thoracic aortaS Sayed
Department of Vascular Surgery, St George s Hospital, London, UK
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 46:155-61. 2005..This article reports our experience of endovascular stent graft placement in three patients with mycotic aneurysms of the thoracic aorta and compares the results with similar reports on the literature...
- Endovascular stent graft repair for infected thoracic aortic pseudoaneurysms--a durable option?Albert C W Ting
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
J Vasc Surg 44:701-5. 2006..We aimed to assess the efficacy and durability of endovascular stent graft repair in these patients...
- Surgical treatment of infected aneurysms and pseudoaneurysms of the thoracic and abdominal aortaAlbert C W Ting
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Am J Surg 189:150-4. 2005..To review the outcome of infected aneurysms and pseudoaneurysms of the thoracic and abdominal aorta treated in a major teaching hospital...
- Endovascular repair in the presence of aortic infectionJose A Gonzalez-Fajardo
Division of Vascular Surgery, Hospital Clinico Universitario of Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain
Ann Vasc Surg 19:94-8. 2005..A review of the literature with positive and negative results has been included for a better understanding of this condition...
- Treatment of a ruptured thoracoabdominal aneurysm with a stent-graft covering the celiac axisFrancisca H Jorna
Department of Vascular Surgery, Medical Center Leeuwarden, 8901 BR Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
J Endovasc Ther 13:770-4. 2006..To present a case of successful emergency endovascular repair of a ruptured, probably mycotic, thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm (TAAA) with a stent-graft deliberately covering the celiac axis...
- Treatment of mycotic aortic aneurysms with endoluminal graftsK G Jones
Department of Vascular Surgery, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 29:139-44. 2005..To report the benefit of endoluminal repair of mycotic aortic aneurysms and highlight the need for a registry...
- Mycotic pseudoaneurysm of the left circumflex coronary artery: a fatal complication following drug-eluting stent implantationMimi Q Le
Division of Cardiology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 69:508-12. 2007..We speculate that sirolimus- and paclitaxel-eluting stents may be more likely to predispose to infection than bare metal stents because of their immunomodulating and antiproliferative effects...
- Endovascular stent-grafting for infected iliac artery pseudoaneurysmsJunichiro Sanada
Department of Radiology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa 920 8641, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:83-6. 2005..Although endovascular stent-grafting should not be considered standard therapy for infected aneurysms, our cases suggest that it can result in repair of infected aneurysms even in the uncontrolled active stage...
- Coxiella burnetii infection of an aortic graft with multiple vertebral body erosionMark Edward O'Donnell
Vascular and Endovascular Unit, Belfast City Hospital, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
J Vasc Surg 45:399-403. 2007..We also present regional Q fever epidemiologic data together with a review of all previously documented cases of Q fever infections of vascular prostheses...
- Combined endovascular and open treatment for infected pseudoaneurysm of the thoracic aortic arch- Kwok Keung Ho
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong
Vasc Endovascular Surg 41:456-9. 2007..The patient had good recovery, and the 1-year follow-up computed tomography scan showed resolution of the infected pseudoaneurysm...
- Management of infected grafts and mycotic aneurysms of the aorta using cryopreserved homograftsHarun Arbatli
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery OLV Hospital, Moorselbaan 164, 9300 Aalst, Belgium
Cardiovasc Surg 11:257-63. 2003..To evaluate the efficacy of the treatment of infected prosthetic grafts and mycotic aneurysms of the aorta with cryopreserved homografts...
- Emergency endovascular stent-grafting for infected pseudoaneurysm of brachial arteryY Kurimoto
Department of Traumatology and Critical Care Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, South 1 West 16, Sapporo 060 8543, Japan
Infection 31:186-8. 2003..The present case suggests that endovascular stent-grafting prevents rupture and occlusion of infected aneurysms and enables the continued administration of antibiotics...
- [Rupture of mycotic arch aneurysm with rapid enlargement]Yuki Okamoto
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Yamanashi Prefectural Central Hospital, Kofu, Japan
Kyobu Geka 61:474-7. 2008..CRP normalized during her course of antibiotic therapy. Thereafter, the patient remained well without any sign of wound infection or mediastinitis...
- Infected aortic aneurysms: aggressive presentation, complicated early outcome, but durable resultsG S Oderich
Division of Vascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Vasc Surg 34:900-8. 2001..However, late outcome is surprisingly favorable, with no aneurysm-related deaths and a low graft-related complication rate, similar to standard aneurysm repair. In situ aortic grafting is a safe and durable option in most patients...
- Massive upper gastrointestinal bleeding due to a ruptured superior mesenteric artery aneurysm duodenum fistulaJichun Zhao
Division of Vascular Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan, China
J Vasc Surg 48:735-7. 2008..At 30-months follow-up, the patient is alive and well with no abdominal pain and eating a regular diet...
- Aortic arch (pseudo) aneurysm complicating cardiac catheterizationR S Dieter
University of Wisconsin, Madison, Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Middleton, WI 53562, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 13:317-9. 2001..Complications of cardiac catheterization and coronary artery stent placement are infrequent and this complication has not yet been reported in the literature...
- Endovascular treatment and complete regression of an infected abdominal aortic aneurysmChristoph Berchtold
Department of Surgery, Klinikum der Stadt Ludwigshafen, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 9:543-8. 2002..To report a case of successful endovascular treatment of an infected abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) following Salmonella septicemia...
- Endovascular management of an arteriovenous fistula and concomitant pseudoaneurysm in an intravenous drug abuserUmar Sadat
Cambridge Vascular Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Vasc Endovascular Surg 42:293-5. 2008..An interesting case of an intravenous drug abuser who had endovascular management of an arteriovenous fistula and concomitant pseudoaneurysm, resulting from recurrent puncture of the femoral artery is reported in this study...
- Delayed presentation of aortic injury by pedicle screws: report of two cases and review of the literatureStavros K Kakkos
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:1074-82. 2008..Perforation of the aorta by pedicle screws is a rare but serious complication of spine fixation surgery. This article reviews the clinical presentation and management of this complication...
- Endovascular treatment of mycotic aortic pseudoaneurysms with stent-graftsKurt Tiesenhausen
Department of Vascular Surgery, University Hospital, Auenbruggerplatz 29, 8036 Graz, Austria
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:509-13. 2008..Two patients are still alive with nearly complete regression of the aneurysms. We conclude that treatment of mycotic aortic aneurysms with stent-grafts may be an alternative in selected patients...
- Endovascular exclusion of mycotic aortic aneurysmThomas J Takach
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Carolinas Heart Institute, Carolinas Health Care System, Charlotte, North Carolina 28203, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 34:459-62. 2007....
- Mycotic aneurysm of the aorta as an unusual complication of coronary angiographyH van der Wal
Department of Cardiology, Thorax Centre, University Medical Centre Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 36:178-81. 2008..Mycotic aneurysm of the aorta is a rare diagnosis with high mortality...
- Successful endoluminal repair of an infected thoracic pseudoaneurysm caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusRachel E Bell
Department of General and Vascular Surgery, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
J Endovasc Ther 10:29-32. 2003..To report the successful endoluminal repair of an infected thoracic aneurysm secondary to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)...
- Endovascular stent-graft treatment for thoracic aortic aneurysms: short- to midterm resultsMasaki Ishida
Department of Radiology, Mie University Hospital, Mie, Japan
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:361-7. 2004..To evaluate short- and midterm results of the endovascular repair of thoracic aortic aneurysm (TAA) with the use of custom-made stent-grafts...
- A rare case of mycotic aortic pseudoaneurysmS Haulon
Department of Vascular Surgery, Hopital Cardiologique, Lille, France
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 23:272-4. 2002
- Human immunodeficiency virus and infected aneurysm of the abdominal aorta: report of three casesP Gouny
Service de Chirurgie Vasculaire et Thoracique, , Paris, France
Ann Vasc Surg 6:239-43. 1992Three patients who were seropositive for human immunodeficiency virus underwent surgery for infected aneurysm of the abdominal aorta. Fever and abdominal pain were the principal presenting clinical features...
- Does focal destruction of the thoracic aorta wall by Staphylococcus aureus lead to the development of infected aneurysms? An experimental studyP Fantidis
Research Unit Hemodynamic Service, University Hospital San Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 16:613-8. 1999..that either infection of segments of the aortic wall is uncommon, or that infections do not always lead top infected aneurysm formation...
- [Infectious aneurysms of the cavernous carotid artery]K Marsot-Dupuch
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184, rue du Faubourg St Antoine, 75012 Paris
J Radiol 81:891-8. 2000....
- A case of multiple cranial nerve palsy due to sphenoid sinusitis complicated by cerebral aneurysmNobuhiro Suzuki
Department of Otolaryngology, Tokyo Medical University, Shinjyuku ku, Nishishinjyuku, 6 7 1, Tokyo 160 0023, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 32:415-9. 2005..After endovascular coil placement, his right visual disturbance partially recovered...
- Infected aneurysm of the aortic arch with purulent pericarditis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniaeNaoko Nagano
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Kobari General Hospital, Noda, Chiba, Japan
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 10:459-61. 2010..Though she had neurological deficit after surgery, her infection was well controlled and there was no recurrence of infection 11 months after surgery...
- Aneurysms of the innominate artery: surgical treatment of 27 patientsE Kieffer
Department of Vascular Surgery, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, Paris France
J Vasc Surg 34:222-8. 2001..Aneurysms of the innominate artery (AIA) are widely considered to be a rare entity. We describe our experience with AIAs in the last three decades...
- [Bacillus cereus sepsis and subarachnoid hemorrhage following consolidation chemotherapy for acute myelogenous leukemia]Eri Kawatani
Department of Internal Medicine, Saga Prefectural Hospital Koseikan
Rinsho Ketsueki 50:300-3. 2009..cereus sepsis, including the risk for subarachnoid hemorrhage, early treatment with effective antibiotics for B. cereus sepsis would be important in the management of leukemia patients after chemotherapy...
- Campylobacter fetus bloodstream infection: risk factors and clinical featuresL Gazaigne
Unité de Contrôle Epidémiologie et Prévention de l Infection, Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Service des Urgences, Hôpital Henri Mondor AP HP, Creteil, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 27:185-9. 2008..Death directly attributable to infection was observed for three patients, due to the rupture of an infected aneurysm or relapsing bloodstream infection with septic shock...
- [A men with a Salmonella dublin-infected aneurysm of the abdominal aorta]P P M Jacobs
Antonius Ziekenhuis, afd Heelkunde, Postbus 20 000, 8600 BA Sneek
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 146:520-4. 2002..He presented with abdominal pain with no diarrhoea, and sepsis, and was found to have an infected aneurysm of the infrarenal abdominal aorta...
- Surgical revision of complicated false and true vascular access-related aneurysmsGeorge S Georgiadis
Department of Vascular Surgery, Demokritos University Hospital, Alexandroupolis, Greece
J Vasc Surg 47:1284-1291. 2008..This prospective observational study examined the effect of revision surgery in patients who present solely with complicated arteriovenous access (AVA)-related aneurysms...
- Infected aortic aneurysms: imaging findingsThanila A Macedo
Department of Radiology and Division of Vascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Radiology 231:250-7. 2004..To determine the imaging characteristics of infected aortic aneurysms...
- Graft replacement and muscle wrap for infected aneurysm of thoracic aortaMasayuki Sakaki
Department of Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 14:247-9. 2006..Salmonella enteritidis was detected in the resected tissue. The patient recovered well, with no signs of infection...
- In situ polytetrafluoroethylene graft bypass for primary infected aneurysm of the infrarenal abdominal aortaTae Won Kwon
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, 388 1 Pungnap 2dong, Sonpa gu, Seoul, 138 736, Korea
World J Surg 34:1689-95. 2010..The present report describes outcomes after use of our procedure for treating patients with infected aneurysm of the infrarenal abdominal aorta...
- [Primary infected aneurysm of the infra-renal aorta:in situ or extra-anatomic bypass?]P Puppinck
Service Chirurgie vasculaire, du GHICL et de la Faculté libre de Médecine de Lille
J Mal Vasc 29:35-8. 2004..We report here a case of primary infected aneurysm treated in two stages...
- Infected aortic pseudoaneurysm following laparoscopic cholecystectomyM M Levy
Department of Vascular Surgery, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 15:477-80. 2001..Following resection of her infected aneurysm and extraanatomic bypass, she cleared her bacteremia and recovered...
- Management of infected abdominal aortic aneurysm associated with vertebral destruction due to chronic leakKhalid A Brekeit
Department of Surgery, Riyadh Military Hospital, International Medical Center, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 31:1371-4. 2010..The diagnosis was infected aneurysm and the patient underwent axillo bifemoral bypass and ligation of aorta below the renal arteries...
- Stent-graft for recurrent melioidosis mycotic aortic aneurysmSer Y Lee
Singapore Health Services Pte Ltd, 11 Third Hospital Avenue, SNEC Building, Singapore
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 14:e38-40. 2006....
- Primary infected, ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysms: what we learned in 10 yearsJeroen Hagendoorn
Department of Vascular Surgery, University Medical Center, Utrecht, Netherlands
Vasc Endovascular Surg 44:294-7. 2010..Our results, combined with a review of the literature, support in situ grafting as the treatment of choice...
- Extracranial internal carotid artery pseudoaneurysms after kinking reconstructionPopov Petar
Dedinje Cardiovascular Institute, Belgrade School of Medicine, Belgrade, Serbia
Vascular 18:356-62. 2010..Aneurysmal sac resection and arterial reconstruction with end-to-end anastomosis or autologous saphenous vein are recommended. A wound swab is mandatory...
- Successful treatment of multiple mycotic aortic aneurysms, using a hybrid procedureYasunori Iida
Department of Vascular Surgery, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Vasc Surg 51:1521-4. 2010..He was successfully treated by a two-stage hybrid surgical procedure comprising open and endovascular methods. This is apparently the first report of repair of multiple mycotic aortic aneurysms using a hybrid procedure...
- Large mycotic aneurysm of the peroneal arteryRamazan Albayrak
Department of Radiology, Afyon Kocatepe University, Afyon 03200, Turkey
J Clin Ultrasound 35:344-6. 2007..There are only 7 cases of mycotic aneurysms of the crural arteries reported in the literature. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first reported case of a mycotic aneurysm of the peroneal artery in an adult...
- Mycotic aneurysm in hemodialysisL Mercadal
Clin Nephrol 64:493-4. 2005
- Down syndrome: a risk factor for mycotic aneurysm?Peter A Naughton
Department of Vascular Surgery, Beaumont Hospital, Beaumont Road, Dublin 9, Ireland
Vascular 18:297-8. 2010..Surgical aneurysmal repair and revascularization were performed. Various management options are outlined in this report...
- Management of infected femoral pseudoaneurysms in intravenous drug abusers: a review of 57 casesJavad Salimi
Subspecialties in Vascular Surgery, Sina Trauma and Surgery Research Center, Sina Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Arch Med Res 39:120-4. 2008..The present study was carried out to evaluate the clinical characteristics and surgical methods used for the management of infected femoral pseudoaneurysms secondary to illegal drug injections...
- Endoluminal stenting of mycotic saccular aneurysm at the aortic archUfuk Alpagut
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Istanbul University Medical Faculty, 34093 Istanbul, Turkey
Tex Heart Inst J 33:371-5. 2006..In this report, we present the case of a patient who was treated successfully with an endovascular graft for a mycotic saccular aneurysm located just below the left subclavian artery...
- Spontaneous infective spondylitis and mycotic aneurysm: incidence, risk factors, outcome and management experienceShih Hao Chen
Department of Orthopaedics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kasohsiung, Taiwan
Eur Spine J 17:439-44. 2008..In contrast, if prevertebral mass is found in the survey of spine infection, coexisting mycotic aneurysm should be considered...
- Fever and haemoptysis in an injecting drug userL K K Tan
Dept of HIV Medicine, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Eur Respir J 29:1061-3. 2007
- Endovascular management of a descending thoracic mycotic aneurysm: mid-term follow-upJacques Kpodonu
Department of Cardiovascular and Endovascular Surgery, Arizona Heart Hospital and Institute, Phoenix, AZ 85006, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 32:178-9. 2007..We report the marked thrombosis and marked regression of a thoracic mycotic aneurysm with an endovascular graft at mid-term follow-up...
- Periodontitis and abdominal aortic aneurysms: a random association or a pathogenetic link?K I Paraskevas
Department of Vascular Surgery, Red Cross Hospital, Athens, Greece
Int Angiol 28:431-3. 2009..Clarification of the association between periodontal disease and AAAs in large-scale studies holds implications for a role for chemoprophylaxis/antibiotic treatment in the management of AAAs...
- Treatment options for primary infected aortaClaire Fraser Taylor
Prince of Wales Hospital, Barker St, Randwick, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2031
Ann Vasc Surg 21:225-7. 2007..At laparotomy an ileocolic tumor was also discovered and resected. Blood cultures prior to the operation were positive for Escherichia coli, and Enterococcus faecium was cultured from the actual aorta...
- Ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm after resection of an infected cardiac myxomaNiyazi Guler
Department of Cardiology, Yuzuncu Yil University, 65200 Van, Turkey
Tex Heart Inst J 34:233-5. 2007..Although complications this severe are rarely observed in patients who have endocarditis, early recognition and treatment can be life-saving...
- Abdominal pain in a young man--a rare condition to considerA C Pankhania
Department of Radiology, Blackburn Royal Infirmary, Bolton Road, Blackburn BB2 3LR, UK
Br J Radiol 81:837-8. 2008
- Infected femoral artery pseudoaneurysm in drug addicts: the beneficial use of the internal iliac artery for arterial reconstructionChris Klonaris
First Department of Surgery, Vascular Division, Athens University Medical School, Athens, Greece
J Vasc Surg 45:498-504. 2007..In this study, we present our experience with the internal iliac artery (IIA) as a graft for arterial reconstruction after IFAP excision in these patients...
- Bilateral mycotic aneurysm of the superior gluteal arteryAbdellatif Bouarhroum
Service de Chirurgie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Hassan II, Fes, Morocco
Ann Vasc Surg 23:686.e7-9. 2009..The left pseudoaneurysm was ruptured and treated using open surgery; 1 week later, the right location was successfully treated by embolization...
- Tolerable hemodynamic changes after femoral artery ligation for the treatment of infected femoral artery pseudoaneurysmZuo Jun Hu
Department of Vascular Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou, China
Ann Vasc Surg 24:212-8. 2010..We analyzed the hemodynamic changes induced by femoral artery ligation with concomitant thrombectomy in intravenous drug abusers with infected femoral artery pseudoaneurysm (IFAP) and their clinical significance...
- The treatment of infectious aneurysms in the thoracic aorta; our experience in treating five consecutive patientsMasaya Nakashima
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Thurumai cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, 466 8550, Japan
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 10:334-7. 2010..The surgical strategy for ITAA should be determined on a case-by-case basis under a careful follow-up with short-interval CT re-examinations...
- Unusual femoral artery mycotic aneurysm complicated by infective spondylitisWei Che Lin
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, 123, Ta Pei Road, Niao Sung Hsiang, Kasohsiung Hsien, Taiwan, 833, Republic of China
Emerg Radiol 15:207-10. 2008..This rare complication could be underdiagnosed in the absence of a more extended field of imaging view such as is provided by computed tomography...
- Mycotic pseudoaneurysm of the ascending aorta at site of aortic cannulationDavide Gabbieri
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Charite Hospital, Medical University Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 16:e15-7. 2008..We report a case of mycotic pseudoaneurysm after coronary artery bypass in a 53-year-old man, at the site of previous aortic cannulation, and review the surgical strategies proposed to manage this pathologic entity...
- Percutaneous stent-graft repair of a mycotic pulmonary artery pseudoaneurysmMei Chun Chou
Department of Radiology, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, 386 Ta Chung 1st Road, Kaohsiung 813, Taiwan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 29:890-2. 2006..This case report demonstrates the benefit of minimally invasive endovascular therapy in a critically ill patient. A literature review of the etiology and management of mycotic pulmonary pseudoaneurysm is included...
- [Mycotic aneurysm of the left iliac artery in the context of a bacteraemia]F M Gómez Soto
Rev Clin Esp 205:578-9. 2005
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa pseudoaneurysm of the ascending aorta after coronary artery bypass graft surgeryTimothy M Schmitt
Section of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 30:137-9. 2003..The patient was given ceftazidime and gentamicin intravenously for 2 weeks, then ceftazidime alone for 6 weeks. Thereafter, he began taking ciprofloxacin orally for chronic suppression. He was doing well at 18-month follow-up...
- Ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm secondary to tuberculous spondylitisT Dahl
Department of Surgery, St Olavs Hospital, University Hospital of Trondheim and Institute of Circulation and Imaging Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Int Angiol 24:98-101. 2005..Spondylitis and mycotic aortic aneurysm should be kept in mind in patients who have been treated for carcinoma of the bladder with BCG instillations...
- Mycotic aneurysms of the aorta caused by infection with Pasteurella multocidaB Balestra
Reparto di Medicina Interna Ospedale Regionale della Beata Vergine Mendrisio, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 31:E1-2. 2000..We evaluated a patient for mycotic aneurysms caused by Pasteurella multocida. We treated Pasteurella aortitis medically with ciprofloxacin, and the patient has had long-term survival...
- Multiple pulmonary artery aneurysms due to infective endocarditisA Kursat Bozkurt
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Thorac Surg 75:593-6. 2003..In the next operation the ventricular septal defect was closed and vegetations located on the tricuspid valve were removed. On follow-up spontaneous thrombotic resolution occurred in the right-sided aneurysms...
- In situ revascularization with silver-coated polyester grafts to treat aortic infection: early and midterm resultsMichel Batt
Department of Vascualr Surgery, Hospital Saint Roch, Nice, France
J Vasc Surg 38:983-9. 2003....
- Perforated mitral valve leafletJ Pemberton
Heart 88:iv3. 2002