Genomes and Genes
Summary: A disease caused by tetanospasmin, a powerful protein toxin produced by CLOSTRIDIUM TETANI. Tetanus usually occurs after an acute injury, such as a puncture wound or laceration. Generalized tetanus, the most common form, is characterized by tetanic muscular contractions and hyperreflexia. Localized tetanus presents itself as a mild condition with manifestations restricted to muscles near the wound. It may progress to the generalized form.
Publications308 found, 100 shown here
- Tetanus toxoid immunization to reduce mortality from neonatal tetanusHannah Blencowe
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Int J Epidemiol 39:i102-9. 2010Neonatal tetanus remains an important and preventable cause of neonatal mortality globally...
- Poor immune responses to a birth dose of diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis vaccineNatasha B Halasa
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Infectious Diseases, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
J Pediatr 153:327-32. 2008To evaluate the safety and immunogenicity of an additional birth dose of diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis vaccine (DTaP).
- Preventing tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis among adults: use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and recommendation of ACIP, supported bKatrina Kretsinger
Division of Bacterial Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 55:1-37. 2006On June 10, 2005, a tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) formulated for use in adults and adolescents was licensed in the United States for persons aged 11-64 years (ADACEL, manufactured by ..
- Risk factors, morbidity and mortality of neonatal tetanusA C Dey
Infectious Disease Hospital, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Mymensingh Med J 20:54-8. 2011A retrospective study was conducted to identify the risk factors, mortality and morbidity of neonatal tetanus in an Infectious Disease Hospital, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh, the only referral hospital in the country of its kind...
- Determinants of tetanus and seasonal influenza vaccine uptake in adults living in GermanyMerle M Böhmer
Immunization Unit, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
Hum Vaccin 7:1317-25. 2011..was to assess determinants of vaccine uptake in adults living in Germany exemplified by one standard vaccination (tetanus) and one vaccination targeting specific risk-groups (seasonal influenza)...
- Efficacy, heat stability and safety of intranasally administered Bacillus subtilis spore or vegetative cell vaccines expressing tetanus toxin fragment CSangun Lee
Division of Infectious Diseases, Tufts University, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, 200 Westboro Road, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
Vaccine 28:6658-65. 2010Bacillus subtilis strains expressing tetanus toxin fragment C (TTFC) were tested as vaccine candidates against tetanus in adult mice. Mice received three intranasal (IN) exposures to 10(9) spores or 10(8) vegetative cells of B...
- Intrathecal vs. intramuscular administration of human antitetanus immunoglobulin or equine tetanus antitoxin in the treatment of tetanus: a meta-analysisL Kabura
Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital Centre of Kigali, Kigali, Rwanda
Trop Med Int Health 11:1075-81. 2006Mortality caused by tetanus is still a serious health problem in developing countries...
- Transplacental transport of IgG antibodies specific for pertussis, diphtheria, tetanus, haemophilus influenzae type b, and Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C is lower in preterm compared with term infantsJolice P van den Berg
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Neonatology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:801-5. 2010....
- Audit of tetanus prevention knowledge and practices in accident and emergency departments in EnglandEmma J Savage
Immunisation Department, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5EQ, UK
Emerg Med J 24:417-21. 2007To assess the knowledge and current tetanus prevention practices of various staff members in accident and emergency (A&E) departments.
- Antibodies to tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis among healthy adults vaccinated according to the French vaccination recommendationsOdile Launay
Faculte de Medecine, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Hum Vaccin 5:341-6. 2009In this sero-epidemiological study, we investigated humoral immunity to three vaccine-preventable diseases--tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis--among 331 adults (aged 18-60 years) attending vaccination centres for travellers and who had ..
- Improving tetanus prophylaxis in the emergency department: a prospective, double-blind cost-effectiveness studyMuriel Stubbe
Department of Emergency Medicine, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Route de Lennik, 808, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Emerg Med J 24:648-53. 2007The choice of tetanus prophylaxis for patients with wounds depends on obtaining their vaccination history, which has been demonstrated to be unreliable...
- Tetanus in developing countries: an update on the Maternal and Neonatal Tetanus Elimination InitiativeJ Vandelaer
UNICEF, 5 7 Avenue de la Paix, CH 1202 Geneva, Switzerland
Vaccine 21:3442-5. 2003b>Tetanus is a vaccine-preventable disease that yearly causes a total of 309,000 deaths. Of particular concern is maternal and neonatal tetanus (MNT), which can be prevented through immunization of the mother in pregnancy...
- Clean birth and postnatal care practices to reduce neonatal deaths from sepsis and tetanus: a systematic review and Delphi estimation of mortality effectHannah Blencowe
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT, UK
BMC Public Health 11:S11. 2011Annually over 520,000 newborns die from neonatal sepsis, and 60,000 more from tetanus. Estimates of the effect of clean birth and postnatal care practices are required for evidence-based program planning.
- Cellular immunity as a potential cause of local reactions to booster vaccination with diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and acellular pertussis antigensDavid W Scheifele
Vaccine Evaluation Center, BC Children s Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:985-9. 2009Booster doses of diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (DTaP) vaccines restore waning serum antibody values but frequently cause local inflammation...
- Maternal and neonatal tetanusMartha H Roper
Weybridge, VT, USA
Lancet 370:1947-59. 2007Maternal and neonatal tetanus are important causes of maternal and neonatal mortality, claiming about 180 000 lives worldwide every year, almost exclusively in developing countries...
- Neonatal tetanus elimination in Mpumalanga Province, South AfricaC D Idema
National TB Control Programme, National Department of Health, Pretoria, South Africa
Trop Med Int Health 7:622-4. 2002Neonatal tetanus (NNT) is a serious but preventable disease, and the World Health Organization (WHO) wants to eliminate NNT globally by reducing its incidence to <1 case per 1000 live births...
- Incremental cost-effectiveness of supplementary immunization activities to prevent neonatal tetanus in PakistanUlla K Griffiths
Department of Immunization, Vaccines, and Biologicals, World Health Organization, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 82:643-51. 2004..aimed to estimate the incremental cost-effectiveness of supplementary immunization activities to prevent neonatal tetanus in the Loralai district of Pakistan...
- Preventing and treating tetanusC L Thwaites
BMJ 326:117-8. 2003
- Prevalence of tetanus immunity in the Egyptian populationel Rashdy M Redwan
Protein Research Department, GEBRI, Mubarak City for Scientific Research and Biotechnology Application, New Borg EL Arab, Alexandria, Egypt
Hum Antibodies 11:55-9. 2002Our aim was to determine the level of tetanus immunity in the general Egyptian population. The surveyed population consisted of 709 healthy subjects from five regions of Egypt, 2 month to 105 years of age...
- Tetanus in England and Wales, 1984-2000A A Rushdy
Immunisation Division, Public Health Laboratory Service Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW1 5EQ
Epidemiol Infect 130:71-7. 2003A review of national tetanus surveillance in England and Wales during 1984-2000 was undertaken to evaluate the surveillance system and national vaccination policy...
- Brain damage after neonatal tetanus in a rural Kenyan hospitalJ L Barlow
Centre for Geographical Medicine Research (Coast, Kenya Medical Research Institute, Kilifi, Kenya
Trop Med Int Health 6:305-8. 2001OBJECTIVE: Neonatal tetanus (NNT) is an important cause of mortality in resource poor countries, particularly sub-Saharan Africa. There are no reports of the long-term outcome of children who survive NNT in African hospitals...
- Re-immunisation schedule in leukaemic children after intensive chemotherapy: a possible strategyFrancesca Fioredda
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Scientific Directorate, G Gaslini Children s Hospital, Genova, Italy
Eur J Haematol 74:20-3. 2005..been immunised according to the Italian schedule prior to the disease, were tested for antibody levels against tetanus and hepatitis B at a median of 10 months after the end of therapy...
- Protection against tetanus toxin after intragastric administration of two recombinant lactic acid bacteria: impact of strain viability and in vivo persistenceCorinne Grangette
Département de Microbiologie des Ecosytèmes, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Vaccine 20:3304-9. 2002..Lactococcus lactis MG1363/pMEC46) in the gastro-intestinal tract of mice and producing equivalent amounts of the tetanus toxin fragment C (TTFC) were compared to each other...
- Oral vaccination of mice against tetanus with recombinant Lactococcus lactisK Robinson
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, UK
Nat Biotechnol 15:653-7. 1997..whether a protective immune response could be elicited by oral delivery of a recombinant bacterial vaccine, tetanus toxin fragment C (TTFC) was expressed constitutively in Lactococcus lactis and administered orally to C57 BL/6 ..
- Decennial administration of a reduced antigen content diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and acellular pertussis vaccine in young adultsJussi Mertsola
Department of Pediatrics, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Clin Infect Dis 51:656-62. 2010Booster vaccination against tetanus and diphtheria at 10-year intervals is commonly recommended...
- Insufficient protection for healthy elderly adults by tetanus and TBE vaccinesUrsula Hainz
Immunology Division, Institute for Biomedical Aging Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Innsbruck
Vaccine 23:3232-5. 2005..We, therefore, measured antibodies specific for tetanus (TT) or tick-borne encephalitis (TBE) virus in 734 adults (age 18-93 years, 382 females and 352 males) and ..
- Evaluation of a bedside immunotest to predict individual anti-tetanus seroprotection: a prospective concordance study of 1018 adults in an emergency departmentD Elkharrat
Service des Urgences Médico chirurgicales, Hopital Ambroise Pare, 9 avenue Charles de Gaulle, 92 100 Boulogne Billancourt, France
Emerg Med J 27:36-42. 2010Unscheduled tetanus prophylaxis (UTP) used in the emergency room (ER) in patients with wounds who are unaware of their vaccination history is erroneous in 40% of cases...
- Neonatal tetanus: mortality rate and risk factors in Loralai District, PakistanArshad Quddus
WHO EPI Polio Eradication Program, Balochistan, Pakistan
Int J Epidemiol 31:648-53. 2002This study was conducted to estimate the neonatal tetanus (NNT) mortality rate and to identify the risk factors for NNT deaths in Loralai District, Pakistan.
- Seroprotection against tetanus in patients attending an emergency department in Belgium and evaluation of a bedside immunotestMuriel Stubbe
Department of Emergency Medicine, Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Emerg Med 14:14-24. 2007In most emergency departments, tetanus prophylaxis currently relies on vaccination history. Bedside evaluation of tetanus immunity may improve this process.
- A 10-year review of outcome of management of tetanus in adults at a Nigerian tertiary hospitalOnwuchekwa Arthur Chukwubike
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
Ann Afr Med 8:168-72. 2009b>Tetanus remains one of the major public health hazards of the developing world. Previous studies in Nigeria indicate that mortality ranged from 26% to 60%...
- Assessment of humoral immunity to poliomyelitis, tetanus, hepatitis B, measles, rubella, and mumps in children after chemotherapyMatteo Zignol
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Cancer 101:635-41. 2004....
- Estimating the causes of 4 million neonatal deaths in the year 2000Joy E Lawn
Saving Newborn Lives Save the Children USA, 11 South Way, Pinelands, Cape Town 7405, South Africa
Int J Epidemiol 35:706-18. 2006..was to estimate, by country for the year 2000, the distribution of neonatal deaths across programme-relevant causes including: asphyxia, preterm birth, congenital abnormalities, sepsis/pneumonia, neonatal tetanus, diarrhoea, and 'other'.
- Current concepts in the management of Clostridium tetani infectionItzhak Brook
Georgetown University School of Medicine, 4431 Albemarle Street NW, Washington, DC 20016, USA
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 6:327-36. 2008This review summarizes the microbiology, management and prevention of tetanus. Tetanus is an acute toxemic illness caused by Clostridium tetani infection at a laceration or break in the skin...
- Protection against tetanus by needle-free inoculation of adenovirus-vectored nasal and epicutaneous vaccinesZ Shi
Vaxin, Inc, USA
J Virol 75:11474-82. 2001..b>Tetanus is a prime example of a disease that is readily preventable by vaccination but remains a major threat to public ..
- A ten-year retrospective study of tetanus at a general hospital in MalaysiaL G Lau
Department of Medicine, Sarawak General Hospital, Kuching, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 42:346-50. 2001To study the demographic and clinical features as well as outcomes of tetanus patients at the Sarawak General Hospital, Kuching from 1990 to 1999.
- A 5-year follow-up on antibody response after diphtheria and tetanus vaccination in hemodialysis patientsS Kruger
Institute of Immunology and Transfusion Medicine and Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Am J Kidney Dis 38:1264-70. 2001..An impaired vaccination response rate has been reported for vaccines against hepatitis B, influenza, tetanus, diphtheria, and others...
- [Tetanus prophylaxis after an injury; check the need for vaccination and immunoglobulin]Margreet J M Te Wierik
GGD Midden Nederland, afd AGZ, Zeist
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 157:A5906. 2013b>Tetanus can occur after an injury and is caused by the exotoxin of Clostridium tetani...
- Are current UK tetanus prophylaxis procedures for wound management optimal?M W Cooke
Warwick Medical School, The University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Emerg Med J 26:845-8. 2009b>Tetanus is a potentially fatal disease that occurs after contamination of a wound with Clostridium tetani spores...
- [Tetanus prophylaxis in general practice]F S Boukes
Nederlands Huisartsen Genootschap, afd Richtlijnontwikkeling en Wetenschapsbeleid, Postbus 3231, 3502 GE Utrecht
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 148:2172-3. 2004In response to the report 'Immunisation against tetanus following injuries' from the Dutch Health Council, the Dutch College of General Practitioners, the National Coordinating Body for the Control of Infectious Diseases and The ..
- Immunogenicity and reactogenicity of the adult tetanus-diphtheria vaccine. How many doses are necessary?J M Bayas
Adult Vaccination Center, Preventive Medicine Department, UASP IDIBAPS, Clinic Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Epidemiol Infect 127:451-60. 2001The immunogenicity and reactogenicity of the tetanus-diphtheria adult type vaccine was compared in two groups: group I (n = 201, 18-30 years old, presumably vaccinated with the DTP vaccine) and group II (n = 147, > or = 45 years old, ..
- Tetanus immunity and physician compliance with tetanus prophylaxis practices among emergency department patients presenting with woundsDavid A Talan
Department of Medicine, Division of Emergency Medicine, Olive View University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, Sylmar 91342, USA
Ann Emerg Med 43:305-14. 2004We determine tetanus seroprotection rates and physician compliance with tetanus prophylaxis recommendations among patients presenting with wounds.
- Immunity against diphtheria and tetanus in German blood donorsArne Aue
Institute of Clinical Chemistry, University of Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Med Microbiol Immunol 192:93-7. 2003After the recent diphtheria epidemics in Eastern Europe in the early 1990s, we re-evaluated the diphtheria and tetanus immunity of 321 German blood donors (192 men and 129 women)...
- Administration of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis vaccine to parents of high-risk infants in the neonatal intensive care unitAndrew M Dylag
Stony Brook University Medical Center, Health Sciences Center Tower, 11th Floor, 060, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Pediatrics 122:e550-5. 2008b>Tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis vaccination is recommended for adults who are in contact with infants who are younger than 12 months and in the NICU...
- Preserved antibody levels and loss of memory B cells against pneumococcus and tetanus after splenectomy: tailoring better vaccination strategiesM Manuela Rosado
Immunology Area, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Eur J Immunol 43:2659-70. 2013....
- Pretravel consultation: rapid dipstick test as a decision guidance for the application of tetanus booster vaccinationsMaria Paulke-Korinek
Department of Specific Prophylaxis and Tropical Medicine, Center for Physiology, Pathophysiology and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Travel Med 15:437-41. 2008When deciding whether to administer a tetanus vaccination--for international travel or injury--a subject's vaccination certificate should be investigated...
- Tdap5 vaccine (Covaxis): a review of its use as a single-booster immunization for the prevention of tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis in children (aged 4 years), adolescents, and adultsLesley J Scott
Adis, a Wolters Kluwer Business, Auckland, New Zealand
BioDrugs 24:387-406. 2010Covaxis (also licensed as Triaxis or Adacel in individual countries) is a combined tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, five component acellular pertussis (namely detoxified pertussis toxin, filamentous hemagglutinin, pertactin, ..
- Cellular and humoral responses to tetanus vaccination in Gabonese childrenE van Riet
Department of Parasitology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Vaccine 26:3690-5. 2008Protection to tetanus is often not optimal in developing countries due to incomplete vaccination schemes, or decreased efficacy of vaccination...
- Vaccines for women to prevent neonatal tetanusVittorio Demicheli
Servizio Regionale di Riferimento per l Epidemiologia, SSEpi SeREMI Cochrane Vaccines Field, Azienda Sanitaria Locale ASL AL, Alessandria, Italy
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 5:CD002959. 2013b>Tetanus is an acute, often fatal, disease caused by an exotoxin produced by Clostridium tetani...
- Domoic acid induces a long-lasting enhancement of CA1 field responses and impairs tetanus-induced long-term potentiation in rat hippocampal slicesShenfeng Qiu
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, University of California, Riverside, California 92521, USA
Toxicol Sci 111:140-50. 2009..Therefore, aberrant regulation of CaMKII and GluR1 phosphorylation occurs after DOM application. In addition, tetanus-induced LTP as well as the increase of phosphorylation of CaMKII (p-Thr286) were reduced in DOM-potentiated ..
- Importance of timing of maternal combined tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap) immunization and protection of young infantsC Mary Healy
Center for Vaccine Awareness and Research, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas
Clin Infect Dis 56:539-44. 2013..Pertussis booster vaccine (Tdap) recommendations assume that pertussis-specific antibodies in women immunized preconception, during, or after previous pregnancies persist at sufficient levels to protect newborn infants...
- Tetanus vaccination in adult population: coverage, registration and complianceMoisés Robledo del Corro
El Coto Health Centre, Gijon, Asturian Regional Health Service, Principality of Asturias, Spain
Hum Vaccin 5:98-104. 2009To ascertain correct tetanus vaccination coverage (CTVC), defined as any user who received the complete primary series of three adult doses of T or Td and/or up-to-date 10-yearly booster doses, with an official record thereof, among ..
- Clinician awareness of tetanus-diphtheria vaccination in trauma patients: a questionnaire studyYoung Hoon Yoon
Department of Emergency Medicine, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 20:35. 2012Most trauma patients visit the hospital via the emergency department. They are at high risk for tetanus infection because many trauma patients are wounded...
- High tetanus antitoxin antibody concentrations in the Netherlands: a seroepidemiological studyAnneke Steens
Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit, Centre for Infectious Disease Control, National Institute of Public Health and Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Vaccine 28:7803-9. 2010We assessed the level and determinants of tetanus-antitoxin (TT)-antibodies in the Dutch population. Additionally, we evaluated the national guidelines for post-exposure prophylaxis...
- Prognostic factors in neonatal tetanusA A Davies-Adetugbo
Department of Community Health, Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Complex, Ile Ife, Nigeria
Trop Med Int Health 3:9-13. 1998Neonatal tetanus (NNT) is the leading cause of neonatal deaths in developing countries. The objective of this study was to determine prognostic indicators in NNT.
- [Epidemiology, clinical features and prognosis of juvenile tetanus in Dakar, Senegal]M Soumare
Clinique des Maladies Infectieuses, CHU de Fann, BP 5035 Dakar, Senegal
Bull Soc Pathol Exot 98:371-3. 2005This study was conducted to determine the prevalence of juvenile tetanus and to describe its epidemiological aspects, clinical features and prognosis...
- Tetanus in injecting drug users, United KingdomSusan J M Hahné
Emerg Infect Dis 12:709-10. 2006
- A survey of neonatal tetanus at a district general hospital in north-east NigeriaBala Hassan
Department of Paediatrics, State Specialist Hospital, Maiduguri, Nigeria
Trop Doct 41:18-20. 2011Neonatal tetanus (NNT) remains among the leading causes of morbidity and mortality in Nigeria and a huge challenge in achieving the fourth goal of the Millennium Development Goals...
- Diagnosis of tetanus immunization status: multicenter assessment of a rapid biological testIsabelle Colombet
Universitié Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, INSERM U729, AP HP Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, Department of Hospital Informatics, Evaluation and Public Health, Paris, France
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 12:1057-62. 2005Diagnosis of tetanus immunization status by medical interview of patients with wounds is poor. Many protected patients receive unnecessary vaccine or immunoglobulin, and unprotected patients may receive nothing...
- Clinical characteristics of adult tetanus in a Taiwan medical centerWei Chieh Weng
Department of Neurology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital at Keelung, 222 Mai Chin Rd, Keelung, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 110:705-10. 2011Despite effective vaccine programs, tetanus is occasionally observed in adults. We reviewed clinical presentation data for adult patients with tetanus in the post-vaccine era in Taiwan.
- Predicting the clinical outcome of tetanus: the tetanus severity scoreC L Thwaites
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Trop Med Int Health 11:279-87. 2006To create a new tetanus score and compare it with the Phillips and Dakar scores.
- Vaccination of adults 65 years of age and older with tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine (Boostrix(®)): results of two randomized trialsWayde M Weston
GSK Biologicals, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Vaccine 30:1721-8. 2012..Pertussis can cause significant morbidity in elderly patients, who can also transmit this disease to infants and young children. There is little data available on the use of acellular pertussis vaccines in recipients ≥65 years of age...
- Tetanus in injecting drug usersNick J Beeching
BMJ 330:208-9. 2005
- Unreliability of reported tetanus vaccination historiesMichael Gindi
Department of Emergency Medicine, Saint Barnabas Hospital, Bronx, NY 10457, USA
Am J Emerg Med 23:120-2. 2005Our study questioned the reliability of patients' reported tetanus immunization histories. One thousand patients at an urban teaching hospital were queried regarding their tetanus immunization status...
- Immunogenicity and safety of diphtheria-tetanus vaccine in adultsJung Hyun Choi
Department of Internal Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 25:1727-32. 2010This study was conducted to evaluate the immunogenicity and safety of diphtheria-tetanus (Td) vaccine in adults over 40 yr old who had never received a diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (DTP) vaccination...
- Microbiologic characterization and antimicrobial susceptibility of Clostridium tetani isolated from wounds of patients with clinically diagnosed tetanusJames I Campbell
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:827-31. 2009Clostridium tetani is the etiologic agent of the muscle-spasming disease tetanus. Despite an effective vaccine, tetanus is an ongoing problem in some developing countries...
- Humoral immunity to diphtheria, tetanus, measles, and hemophilus influenzae type b in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia and response to re-vaccinationEmine Zengin
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Kocaeli University, School of Medicine, Kocaeli, Turkey
Pediatr Blood Cancer 53:967-72. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the immunity to vaccine preventable diseases in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)...
- Tetanus Quick Stick as an applicable and cost-effective test in assessment of immunity statusHamid Reza Hatamabadi
Department of Emergency Medicine, Imam Hosain Hospital, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran 1617763141, Iran
Am J Emerg Med 29:717-20. 2011b>Tetanus vaccine and immunoglobulin administration are challenging decisions mostly because of the fact that the current protocol for immunization against tetanus is based on 2 variables: the vaccination status of the patient and the ..
- A decade of spore-forming bacterial infections among European injecting drug users: pronounced regional variationVivian D Hope
Health Protection Services, Health Protection Agency, London, UK
Am J Public Health 102:122-5. 2012..We collated the numbers of cases of 4 bacterial illnesses (botulism, tetanus, Clostridium novyi, and anthrax) in European IDUs for 2000 to 2009 and calculated population rates...
- Autonomic nervous system instability, tetanic necrosis of the heart and myocardial TNFalpha expression in a tetanus fatal caseCristoforo Pomara
Department of Forensic Pathology, University of Foggia, Ospedale Colonnello D Avanzo, Foggia, Italy
Int J Cardiol 136:e54-7. 2009The cardiovascular manifestations of tetanus consist of disturbances of heart rate and rhythm, blood pressure instability, arrhythmias, myocardial dysfunction and sympathetic overactivity...
- Reduced-antigen, combined diphtheria, tetanus and acellular pertussis vaccine, adsorbed (Boostrix®): a review of its properties and use as a single-dose booster immunizationPaul L McCormack
Adis, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 72:1765-91. 2012Reduced-antigen, combined diphtheria, tetanus and three-component acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap; Boostrix®) is indicated for booster vaccination against diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis in individuals from age four years onwards in ..
- Neonatal tetanus incidence in Dadu District, Pakistan, 1993-2003Jonathan Lambo
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Lethbridge, Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Scand J Infect Dis 43:175-80. 2011The study objective was to assess the incidence of neonatal tetanus (NT) in Dadu District, Pakistan.
- [Tetanus following intramuscular injection in Dakar: epidemiological, clinical and prognostic features]C T Ndour
Clinique des Maladies infectieuses Ibrahima Diop Mar, CHU de Fann, Dakar
Dakar Med 50:160-3. 2005b>tetanus stills a major public health problem in developing countries despite the availability of an efficient and accessible vaccine...
- Benzathine penicillin, metronidazole and benzyl penicillin in the treatment of tetanus: a randomized, controlled trialA V Ganesh Kumar
Medical Neurology Neurosurgery Intensive Care Unit, Department of Medicine, Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College and King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, India
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 98:59-63. 2004Penicillin, the drug of choice in tetanus, may potentiate the effect of tetanus toxin by inhibiting the type-A (GABAA) receptor for gamma-amino-n-butyric acid. Metronidazole has therefore been suggested as an alternative...
- Seroprevalence and determinants of diphtheria, tetanus and poliomyelitis antibodies among adults in Berlin, GermanyK Stark
Institute of Tropical Medicine, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Vaccine 17:844-50. 1999The immunity levels against diphtheria, tetanus and poliomyelitis were investigated among blood donors (n = 2079) in Berlin...
- Physician compliance with tetanus guidelines for admitted versus discharged patientsKumar Alagappan
Department of Emergency Medicine, North Shore, Long Island Jewish Health System, New Hyde Park, NY, USA
South Med J 99:234-8. 2006The Advisory Committee of Immunization Practice (ACIP) has established guidelines for tetanus immunoprophylaxis for patients who present to the emergency department (ED) with wounds...
- Duration of immunity induced by an equine influenza and tetanus combination vaccine formulation adjuvanted with ISCOM-MatrixJ G M Heldens
Intervet Schering Plough Animal Health, Department for Virological R and D, W de Körverstraat 35, 5831 AN Boxmeer, The Netherlands
Vaccine 28:6989-96. 2010..tested in an experimental setting according to European legislation, of this inactivated equine influenza and tetanus combination vaccine...
- Humoral and cellular immune responses to measles and tetanus: the importance of elapsed time since last exposure and the nature of the antigenPatricia O Viana
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Rua Pedro de Toledo, 781 9 andar, 04039 032, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Immunol 30:574-82. 2010This study aims to assess the cellular and humoral immune response pre- and post-vaccine rechallenge in healthy adults with previous exposure to measles (virus or vaccine) and different time intervals since last tetanus vaccine.
- Reactogenicity of meningococcal C conjugate vaccines when administered at the same time as, or a month prior to or after, tetanus and diphtheria booster vaccinationsJo Southern
Immunisation Department, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, Colindale, London, UK
Hum Vaccin 2:237-42. 2006This single blind study was conducted to address safety concerns regarding coadministration of diphtheria/ tetanus (DT,Td) boosters and meningococcal C conjugate (MCC) vaccines containing diphtheria or tetanus conjugate proteins.
- Recommendations for postexposure interventions to prevent infection with hepatitis B virus, hepatitis C virus, or human immunodeficiency virus, and tetanus in persons wounded during bombings and other mass-casualty events--United States, 2008: recommendatLouisa E Chapman
National Center for Immunizations and Respiratory Diseases, CDC, Mailstop D 68, 1600 Clifton Road, N E, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 57:1-21; quiz CE1-4. 2008..to prevent infection with hepatitis B virus, hepatitis C virus, or human immunodeficiency virus, and tetanus in persons wounded during bombings or other events resulting in mass casualties...
- Combined diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine for tetanus-prone wound management in adultsTerje Hoel
Vaccination Clinic, Department of Infectious Diseases, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Emerg Med 13:67-71. 2006Booster vaccination against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis is recommended throughout life. Adults are difficult to reach and vaccination coverage in this group is often inadequate...
- Seroprevalence of tetanus immunity among noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus patientsDilek Kilic
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Kirikkale University Medical Faculty, Kirikkale, Turkey
J Diabetes Complications 17:258-63. 2003b>Tetanus is a preventable disease that continues to affect people in both developing and developed countries...
- Intrathecal tetanus immunoglobulins in the management of tetanusM G Geeta
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College, Calicut, Kerala, India
Indian J Pediatr 74:43-5. 2007To study the clinical profile, treatment and outcome of tetanus in children treated with intrathecal tetanus immunoglobulin...
- [Generalized tetanus in a teenager]F V Valla
Service de Réanimation Pédiatrique, Hopital Debrousse, CHU de Lyon, 29 rue Soeur Bouvier, 69005 Lyon, France
Arch Pediatr 14:362-4. 2007b>Tetanus has become an exceptional disease in industrialized countries since vaccination.
- Intrathecal baclofen for the treatment of tetanusM Lurdes Santos
Infectious Diseases Service Intensive Care Unit, Hospital S João and School of Medicine, Porto, Portugal
Clin Infect Dis 38:321-8. 2004b>Tetanus remains a serious problem in public health, particularly in developing countries, despite efficient prevention programs...
- Botulinum toxin treatment for oropharyngeal dysphagia due to tetanusDomenico A Restivo
J Neurol 253:388-9. 2006
- Early treatment of tetanus-induced trismus with botulinum toxin AHelle Herrman
Anesth Analg 106:1591. 2008
- Clostridial disease associated with neurologic signs: tetanus, botulism, and enterotoxemiaD Michael Rings
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 601 Tharp Street, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Vet Clin North Am Food Anim Pract 20:379-91, vii-viii. 2004..In addition, neurologic signs are described with C perfringens types C and D but are not the dominant feature of these diseases...
- Neuroparalysis and ventilatory support in severe tetanusT K Dutta
Department of Medicine, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry
J Indian Med Assoc 104:63-6. 2006In severe form of tetanus, even with maximum dose of muscle relaxants, spasms and apnoeic spells may persist and that may be life-threatening...
- [Adverse events following diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus vaccinations and factors associated with severity]Fabiana Ramos Martin de Freitas
Programa de Pós Graduação, Faculdade de Saude Publica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo
Rev Saude Publica 41:1032-41. 2007To analyze adverse events following vaccinations against diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus (AEFV-DPT) and to investigate factors associated with event severity.
- Immunogenicity and safety of combined adsorbed low-dose diphtheria, tetanus and inactivated poliovirus vaccine (REVAXIS (®)) versus combined diphtheria, tetanus and inactivated poliovirus vaccine (DT Polio (®)) given as a booster dose at 6 years of ageVincent Gajdos
Pediatric Department, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Clamart Cedex, Universite Paris, France
Hum Vaccin 7:549-56. 2011..comparative, phase-IIIb study conducted in France aimed to demonstrate whether seroprotection against diphtheria, tetanus and poliomyelitis 1 month after a single dose of REVAXIS (low-dose diphtheria) is non-inferior to seroprotection ..
- [Influenza, pneumococci, tetanus: the most important vaccinations in old age]T Nikolaus
Bethesda Geriatrischen Klinik, Ulm
MMW Fortschr Med 143:39-41. 2001..or ameliorated by appropriate vaccination, in particular in the case of pneumococcal pneumonia, influenza and tetanus. Older individuals may have an attenuated response to immunization, presumably because of inadequate thymus gland ..
- Changes in antigen-specific IgG1 Fc N-glycosylation upon influenza and tetanus vaccinationMaurice H J Selman
Department of Parasitology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Proteomics 11:M111.014563. 2012..Our data indicate that dependent on the vaccination time point the infectious agent will encounter IgGs with different glycosylation profiles, which are expected to influence the antibody effector functions relevant in immunity...
- Tetanus in adults: clinical presentation, treatment and predictors of mortality in a tertiary hospital in EthiopiaAmanuel Amare
Addis Ababa University, Medical Faculty, Department of Neurology, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
J Neurol Sci 317:62-5. 2012b>Tetanus remains a major health problem in the developing world. The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical presentation, risk factors, complications, treatment, outcome and predictors of death in patients with tetanus.
- A study on the protection of hemodialysis patients against diphtheria and tetanusMohammad Mahdi Sagheb
Shiraz University of Medical Science, Internal Medicine Department, Shiraz, Iran
Ren Fail 31:904-9. 2009..only 16% of our hemodialysis patients were immune to diphtheria (19% of the control group), and this rate for tetanus was 24% (48.2% in the healthy control)...
- Cephalic tetanus presenting as acute vertigo with bilateral vestibulopathyRyoji Kagoya
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Acta Otolaryngol 131:334-6. 2011Cephalic tetanus is a rare form of tetanus, defined by paralysis of more than one cranial nerve. The seventh cranial nerve is the most frequently involved. We report a 58-year-old man with cephalic tetanus and bilateral vestibulopathy...
- Effect of an audiovisual message for tetanus booster vaccination broadcast in the waiting roomCaroline Eubelen
Centre de Santé Intégrée des Carrières, rue Vieille Voie de Liège, 1, B 4140 Sprimont, Belgium
BMC Fam Pract 12:104. 2011..This work was designed to assess the effect of a message inviting patients to ask for a tetanus booster vaccination.
- An open-label, randomized, multicenter study of the safety, tolerability, and immunogenicity of quadrivalent human papillomavirus (types 6/11/16/18) vaccine given concomitantly with diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and poliomyelitis vaccine in healthy adolTimo Vesikari
Vaccine Research Centre, University of Tampere Medical School, Tampere, Finland
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:314-8. 2010..In this study, we evaluated the immunogenicity and safety of GARDASIL administered concomitantly with REPEVAX (diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis, and poliomyelitis vaccine).
- Tetanus in developing countries: a case series and reviewKara Gibson
Department of Anesthesiology, Queen s University, Kingston General Hospital, 76 Stuart Street, Kingston, ON, K7L 2V7, Canada
Can J Anaesth 56:307-15. 2009Few anesthesiologists have expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of tetanus, a disease that remains prevalent in developing countries. We report on a series of four cases of tetanus cases recently encountered in Rwanda...
- Greater antibody responses to an eleven valent mixed carrier diphtheria- or tetanus-conjugated pneumococcal vaccine in Filipino than in Finnish or Israeli infantsTaneli Puumalainen
Department of Vaccinology, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Pediatr Infect Dis J 22:141-9. 2003..Understanding the causes and significance of this variation could help to determine the number of doses and timing required for protection against pneumococcal diseases in each country...
- Tetanus after white-lipped green pit viper (Trimeresurus albolabris) biteChusana Suankratay
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Wilderness Environ Med 13:256-61. 2002
- [Evaluation of tetanus vaccine coverage in rural society]C Montrieux
Département de médecine générale, Universite de Liege
Rev Med Liege 57:97-103. 2002..of Sprimont (Belgian municipality) have jointly drawn up a study protocol named "Evaluation of anti-tetanus cover in rural society"...
- Transgenesis and XenotransplantationJorge A Piedrahita; Fiscal Year: 2013..leukocyte cultures, and examining novel T- cell specificities by immunizing with parvovirus, pseudorabies, and tetanus toxoid. Aim 3...
- Inhibiting Mucosal HIV-1 Transmission by Host Cell RNA InterferenceAlexandra L Howell; Fiscal Year: 2013..on leukocytes in mucosal tissues of NOD/SCID/BLT mice enhances immune responses to HIV-1 and to a model antigen, tetanus toxoid (specific aim 2)...
- Developing Immunotherapeutics for Methamphetamine AbuseTHOMAS RICHARD KOSTEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Four carriers will be compared: Tetanus toxoid, neisseria meningitidis outer membrane protein (OMPC), cholera toxin B and a new lipopeptide based, self-..
- Preclinical studies of a heroin/morphine vaccine for opiate addictionPaul R Pentel; Fiscal Year: 2013..We (Anton lab) recently developed a highly immunogenic second-generation vaccine (morphine conjugated to tetanus toxoid;M-TT) directed against heroin and each of its active metabolites (6-MAM, morphine, morphine-6- gluc)...
- Tomotherapy and Hematopoietic Stem Cells For Tolerance to Kidney TransplantsSamuel Strober; Fiscal Year: 2013..as well as recall T cell responses to herpes zoster, herpes simplex, cytomegalovirus antigens, and tetanus toxoid...
- Immunotoxicity in Humans with Lifetime Exposure to Ocean PullutantsPHILIPPE ADAM GRANDJEAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The investigators will also determine the immune response in adults aged 28 to a booster dose (diphtheria and tetanus) and to vaccination with new antigens (hepatitis A and B)...
- GM2 Gangliosidosis Therapy Using Neurotropic EnzymeKostantin Dobrenis; Fiscal Year: 2010..The atoxic C-fragment (Hc) of tetanus toxin is a potential solution to all these problems...
- Validity of Self-Reported Adult Vaccination StatusSHARON L ROLNICK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Many of the vaccinations, such as tetanus/diphtheria, pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine, and the hepatitis A and hepatitis B series, may have been ..
- Impact of Sunflower Oil Massage on Neonatal Mortality in NepalLuke C Mullany; Fiscal Year: 2013..catchment area will be recruited mid-pregnancy, and provided with a set of common basic antenatal interventions (tetanus toxoid, clean delivery kit, iron-folate supplements, and basic educational messages)...
- Identifying Host-Factors Required for Toxin Entry and ToxicityERIK HETT; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Many bacterial pathogens produce toxins that cause serious disease including cholera, tetanus, botulism, diphtheria, and anthrax and often share key steps in cell entry and cell death processes that rely on ..
- Induction of Tolerance to Factor VIII in HemophiliaDAVID WILLIAM SCOTT; Fiscal Year: 2012..will modulate the responsiveness of non-human primate T cells using B-cell gene therapy as follows: T cells from tetanus toxoid- and fVIII-vaccinated cynomolgus monkeys will be cultured with B cells transduced with a TT-Ig or fVIII-Ig ..
- Immunization Delivery in Obstetrics and Gynecology SettingsAmanda F Dempsey; Fiscal Year: 2013..2005, there are two newer vaccines available that are of major import for younger women of reproductive age, tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) and Human Papilloma Virus vaccine (HPV)...
- A Study of Heterologous Immunity Induced by Neonatal BCG VaccinationDaniel H Libraty; Fiscal Year: 2012..case-control study will be conducted comparing T-cell and antibody responses to the first (priming) doses of tetanus toxoid, live attenuated oral polio virus, and hepatitis B vaccination in infants with prior neonatal BCG ..
- Synthetic glycopeptide vaccines that enhance resistance to candidiasisHong Xin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Most recently, we demonstrated that addition of tetanus toxoid to the synthetic glycopeptide conjugate vaccine induced antibody-dependent protective immunity without the ..
- Training Grant Pediatric Infectious Diseases: Viral Infections in ChildrenYvonne A Maldonado; Fiscal Year: 2013..Infections such as diphtheria, peri:ussis, and tetanus, now largely unseen even in developing areas of the world, were major killers before the advent of antibiotics ..
- Sensory control of oxygen-dependent taxis behaviorWAYNE ARLON JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Transgenic inactivation of ppk1-expressing neurons using tetanus toxin causes a loss of aversion to increased oxygen levels...
- Tilting the balance in cancer immunotherapy and autoimmunityWei Zen Wei; Fiscal Year: 2010..a growing tumor can be amplified by in vivo transfection of the tumor cells with DNA encoding a foreign antigen, Tetanus toxin fragment C (TetC), delivered via nanoparticles. Specifically, we will 1...
- Antihypertensive Effects of Tetanic Baraoreceptor Input StimulationXiaorui Tang; Fiscal Year: 2011..In this proposal, we will systematically investigate the effects of uni- and bi-lateral CSN tetanus on basal BP in normotensive and obesity-induced hypertensive dogs...
- Distal effects of botulinum neurotoxinsEdwin R Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2013..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The clostridial neurotoxins (CNTs) comprise a family of eight related toxins: tetanus (TeNT) and seven botulinum neurotoxins (BoNT/A-G), which cause the diseases tetanus and botulism, respectively...
- GENE EXPRESSION DURING SPORULATIONPatrick J Piggot; Fiscal Year: 2012..anthracis, Clostridium tetani, C. perfringens, C. botulinum and C. difficile, the causes of anthrax, tetanus, gas gangrene, botulism and colitis following antibiotic therapy, respectively...
- Synaptic Transmission In Mammalian Cutaneous Touch ReceptorsSrdjan Maksimovic; Fiscal Year: 2013..I will record SAI afferent's activity in mice whose Merkel cells express tetanus neurotoxin light chain (TeNT), an inhibitor of synaptic vesicle release...
- Vaccine Renaissance Conference at the Institute for Immunology and InformaticsANNE SEARLS DEGROOT; Fiscal Year: 2013..Diseases such as polio, measles, mumps, tetanus and smallpox have nearly been eradicated by the use of vaccines...
- School Mandates for Human Papillomavirus Vaccination: Use of an Agent-Based ModelDavid Mendez; Fiscal Year: 2011..about, and utilization of, three adolescent-targeted vaccines: HPV, Meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4) and tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap)...
- Harnessing Human DC Subsets for Improved Muscosal VaccinesGerard Zurawski; Fiscal Year: 2013Vaccination represents one of the major successes of medicine as it has spared countless people from polio, tetanus and other acute infections...
- Gene-based Neuromodulation: A New Paradigm for Functional NeurosurgeryNicholas M Boulis; Fiscal Year: 2012..function using the best available inducible gene expression systems for regulated release of the clostridial tetanus toxin light (LC) gene and the inwardly rectifying potassium channel (Kir2.1) gene...
- Perturbative Seizure Prediction and Detection of a Seizure Permissive StateBruce J Gluckman; Fiscal Year: 2012..This work will be performed in the tetanus toxin model for temporal lobe epilepsy...
- Signaling by cAMP within Postsynaptic NanodomainsJohannes W Hell; Fiscal Year: 2013..2, or both are important for regulation of a form of LTP induced by a tetanus of 5 Hz (endogenous theta rhythm) for 180 s that requires stimulation of the ? AR and Cav1.2 activity...
- Mechanisms of Bacterial Toxin ActionJoseph T Barbieri; Fiscal Year: 2013..the intracellular trafficking and substrate recognition on ExoS and initiate structure-function studies on tetanus neurotoxin (TeNT)...
- Mechanism of spore germinationPhilip C Hanna; Fiscal Year: 2012..anthracis), C. difficile- associated infections (CDI), wound and GI infections, gas gangrene, tetanus, forms of botulism and other serious diseases...
- pH-Triggered Membrane Insertion of ProteinsDOUGLAS TOBIAS; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., tetanus and botulinum) and has a potential for targeted delivery of anti-cancer therapies...
- Improving Vaccination Coverage Among AdolescentsKevin J Dombkowski; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, implementation of the "adolescent platform" of vaccines, which includes the tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis (Tdap), meningococcal conjugate (MCV4), human papillomavirus (HPV4) vaccines (for ..
- GATING AND TRANSLOCATION IN THE DIPHTHERIA TOXIN CHANNELBruce Kagan; Fiscal Year: 1992..and structurally through observing the effects of ligands on DT mutants, fragments and related toxins such as tetanus and Pseudomonas exotoxin A (PsA)...
- Epidemiology of Immunotoxicant Exposure in ChildrenPHILIPPE ADAM GRANDJEAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Vaccine antibody assays for tetanus and diphtheria toxoids will be expanded to include Pneumococcus polysaccharide antigens...
- Closed-loop distributed microstimulation for epilepsyJohn D Rolston; Fiscal Year: 2010..implanted in the hippocampi or sensorimotor cortex of adult rats, made epileptic with microinjections of tetanus toxin in the same region...
- Low-Frequency Sine-Wave Neurostimulation Therapy for EpilepsyJeffrey H Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2013..devoted to the optimization of LFSWS parameters, and the efficacy and safety testing of LFSWS using the rodent tetanus toxin and pilocarpine spontaneous seizure models...
- Defining T cell epitopes in Dengue virus infectionRamila Philip; Fiscal Year: 2013..delivery system that incorporates Toll Like Receptor (TLR) agonist, a promiscuous synthetic T helper peptide from tetanus toxoid and the bacterial mimetic GlcNAc as adjuvants and assess in vitro and in vivo for CTL activation and ..
- Evaluation of vaccination reminder/recall systems for adolescent patientsPeter Szilagyi; Fiscal Year: 2009..receive newly licensed adolescent vaccinations including human papilloma virus (HPV), meningococcal vaccine and tetanus-pertussis vaccine (TdaP)...
- Genetic and Developmental Analyses of Fragile X Mental Retardation ProteinKendal Broadie; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will use a combination of transgenic activity blockers (e.g. tetanus toxin) and photocurrents (e.g. light-gated ion channels) in targeted E vs...
- IMMUNE MONITORING OF ANTIGEN SPECIFIC THERAPYDavid Hafler; Fiscal Year: 2000..Changes in precursor frequencies will be compared to tetanus toxoid (TT)...
- Synaptic plasticity in young versus aged visual cortexELIZABETH MARY QUINLAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to develop non-invasive methods to strengthen thalamocortical synapses in vivo, via visual tetanus (photic LTP) and visual perceptual learning...
- DEVELOPMENT OF AN ORAL CARRIERLance L Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2010..This product will be a fusion protein that incorporates the carrier polypeptide linked to a tetanus antigen to create an oral vaccine against tetanus toxin...
- MOLECULAR CLONING OF HLA CLASS II TUMOR ANTIGENSDorothee Herlyn; Fiscal Year: 2000..To develop this approach, we have available a unique model system including Th cells against tetanus toxoid and a cDNA fragment encoding the tetanus toxoid-associated Th epitope...
- MOLECULAR CLONING OF HLA CLASS II TUMOR ANTIGENSDorothee Herlyn; Fiscal Year: 2003..To develop this approach, we have available a unique model system including Th cells against tetanus toxoid and a cDNA fragment encoding the tetanus toxoid-associated Th epitope...
- Active Probing and Sleep State Modeling for Seizure PredictionMadineh Sedigh-Sarvestani; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will conduct these experiments in the rat tetanus toxin model of temporal lobe epilepsy...
- The effects of thalamoamygdalar synaptic potentiation on learning performanceKAY MAXINE TYE; Fiscal Year: 2011..technological limitations have precluded a convincing demonstration of LTP occlusion of learning, as delivering a tetanus with an electrode may have direct and indirect circuit-wide repercussions...
- AUTOCRINE GROWTH FACTORS--EFFECT OF IMMUNONEUTRALIZATIONPeter Ravdin; Fiscal Year: 1993..used to inhibit the growth of autocrine peptide dependent tumors? Active immunization with beta-HCG conjugated to tetanus toxoid has been used successfully in human contraception trials...
- Melanopsin-expressing retinal ganglion cells: novel genetic toolsPaulo Kofuji; Fiscal Year: 2009..The Opn4 tTA line will be used to allow the conditional expression of tetanus toxin light chain, a molecule that inhibits synaptic release or conditional overexpression of the inward ..
- IMMUNOLOGY OF BACTERIAL PNEUMONIA IN HTLV-II INFECTIONGARY JARVIS; Fiscal Year: 2002..The same individuals will also be vaccinated with tetanus toxoid protein antigen as a control for antibody response to a separate class of antigen, and their antibody ..
- SYNTHETIC PEPTIDE VACCINES FOR DENTAL CARIESMartin Taubman; Fiscal Year: 2005..domains of GTF previously shown to induce protective responses, well be incorporated into conjugate vaccines with tetanus toxoid (TT)...
- MULTI-EPITOPE MELANOMA VACCINES FOR CD4 AND CD8 T-CELLSCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2009..12MP), (ii) a cocktail of 6 melanoma helper peptides restricted by HLA-DR molecules (6MHP), and (iii) a modified tetanus peptide, restricted by HLA-DR molecules (tet)...
- A novel model for the study of primary immunodeficiency: the equine CVIDMARIA FLAMINIO; Fiscal Year: 2009..Although these equine patients do not respond to tetanus-toxoid vaccination with specific-immunoglobulin production, they do respond to the pneumococcal polysaccharide (..
- CHILDHOOD VACCINES AND DENTAL CARIES IMMUNITYDaniel Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..immune response after local induction with alum-associated and[unreadable] microencapsulated tetanus toxoid will be measured...
- EFFECTS OF LEAD ON THE IMMUNE SYSTEM OF CHILDRENPaula Lutz; Fiscal Year: 1990..Planned assays to assess function of B-lymphocytes are serum Ig concentrations; specific antibody titer vs. tetanus toxoid, measles, or polio; and B cell count...
- ADHERENCE OF BORDETELLA PERTUSSIS TO CELLSElaine Tuomanen; Fiscal Year: 2000..The substantial beneficial health impact of the diphtheria-pertussis-tetanus vaccine is achieved at the cost of the toxicity of the controversial pertussis component...
- CANCER PATIENTS IMMUNE RESPONSES STUDIED IN SCID MICEDorothee Herlyn; Fiscal Year: 1992..we will first optimize reconstitution of the mice with human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) using tetanus toxoid as a model antigen...
- LTP AND SPATIAL LEARNINGTIMOTHY TEYLER; Fiscal Year: 2002..kinase poison H-7 inhibits PKC, PKA, PKG, and CamKII, and prevents NMDA-dependent LTP induction (25Hz tetanus); tyrosine kinase poisons (e.g...
- SLEEP MODULATION OF EPILEPTIC ACTIVITY IN IMMATURE BRAINAnne Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2000..Preliminary results using immature rats with tetanus toxin induced epilepsy reveal similar NREM augmentation of epileptiform activity...
- CONJUGATE VACCINES DESIGNED TO PREVENT TYPHOID FEVERHA KHIEM; Fiscal Year: 2000..3) Of Vi -rEPA (Vi- recombinant exoprotein A of Pseudomonas aeroginosa) and S para A-TT (Salmonella paratyphi A -tetanus toxoid) investigational vaccines developed by the NICHD, NIH, Vi and S...
- Effectiveness of Hospital-Based Program for Vaccination of Birth Mothers and HousSylvia Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2009..recommends that persons who have close contact with young infants receive influenza vaccine as well as combined tetanus toxoid, diphtheria toxoid and reduced dose acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap)...
- The Role of p75 Receptor in Tetanus Toxin TransportRafal Butowt; Fiscal Year: 2005Bacterial neurotoxins (botulinum and tetanus) produced by genus Clostridium are among the most toxic natural substances known...
- BLOCKAGE OF TOXIN-CELL INTERACTIONS BY OLIGOSACCHARIDESCara Lynne Schengrund; Fiscal Year: 1993..If the botulinum toxins behave similarly, comparisons will be made to tetanus toxin to determine what similarities exist between the two classes of neurotoxins...
- LEUKOCYTES AND PATIENTS WITH VENOUS STASIS ULCERSPeter Pappas; Fiscal Year: 1999..by the degree of proliferation (measured a thymidine uptake into DNA) in response to antigenic challenges with tetanus toxoid and candida mitogenic challenges with staphylococcal enterotoxins (SEs) A, B, C1 , D, E and ..
- Retargeting HSV-1 Vectors to Motor NeuronsJoseph Glorioso; Fiscal Year: 2005..Because tetanus toxin receptors (TTR) are specifically found on MN synaptic junctions, we will focus our efforts on using ..
- NEURAL MECHANISMS OF CENTRAL CARDIOVASCULAR CONTROLJohn Cabot; Fiscal Year: 2000..two transneuronally transported tracer substances: wheat germ agglutinin (WGA) or the atoxic binding fragment of tetanus toxin, Fragment C (TTC); and (2) whether the laminar and segmental distributions of WGA- or TTC-labeled spinal ..