Genomes and Genes
Summary: A tumor-like mass resulting from the enlargement of a tuberculous lesion.
Publications208 found, 100 shown here
- Tuberculoma of the brain: a series of 16 cases treated with anti-tuberculosis drugsM N A Idris
Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum, Khartoum, Sudan
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 11:91-5. 2007To describe the clinical presentation, radiological findings and outcome of treatment with antituberculosis drugs in 16 cases of intracranial tuberculoma.
- Nonoperative management of an intramedullary tuberculomaIsh Kumar Dhammi
Department of Orthopaedics, University College of Medical Sciences and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Delhi, India
Trop Doct 32:44-5. 2002
- Immunology of tuberculosisJ L Flynn
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 19:93-129. 2001..The pace of this research must be maintained if we are to realize an effective vaccine in the next decades...
- Intramedullary tuberculoma of the spinal cord: a series of 10 casesM C Sharma
Department of Pathology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, 110 029, New Delhi, India
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 104:279-84. 2002..We report a series of ten cases of intramedullary tuberculomas, which, to the best of our knowledge, is the largest series of biopsy proven intramedullary tuberculomas in English literature...
- Evaluation of therapeutic response of tuberculoma using F-18 FDG positron emission tomographyI Nae Park
Division of Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Korea
Clin Nucl Med 33:1-3. 2008Monitoring the response to antituberculosis (anti-TB) treatment can be difficult in patients with tuberculoma. We have retrospectively assessed the ability of F-18 fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) to ..
- Imaging diagnosis of spinal intramedullary tuberculoma: case reports and literature reviewMing Lu
Department of Radiology, Southwest Hospital, Chongquing, China
J Spinal Cord Med 33:159-62. 2010Spinal intramedullary tuberculoma is rare, accounting for 2/100,000 of cases of tuberculosis and only 2% of all cases of tuberculosis of the central nervous system...
- Spinal intramedullary tuberculoma and abscess: a rare cause of paraparesisB Indira Devi
Department of Neurosurgery, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore 560 029, India
Neurol India 50:494-6. 2002..In other cases following surgical excision, the patients improved significantly. The management of these rare lesions is discussed and the literature reviewed...
- Multimodality FDG PET/CT appearance of pulmonary tuberculoma mimicking lung cancer and pathologic correlation in a tuberculosis-endemic countryZhi Zheng
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, PR China
South Med J 104:440-5. 2011Differentiation between pulmonary tuberculoma and malignancy by preoperative diagnostic imaging sometimes proves difficult...
- Massive primary hepatic tuberculoma mimicking hepatocellular carcinoma in an immunocompetent hostMatthew J Brookes
Gastroenterology Unit, City Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom
MedGenMed 8:11. 2006b>Tuberculoma of the liver is rare in an immunocompetent individual. We report a 26-year-old man with upper abdominal pain, abnormal liver function, and raised inflammatory markers...
- Tuberculous granuloma formation is enhanced by a mycobacterium virulence determinantHannah E Volkman
Molecular and Cellular Biology Graduate Program, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
PLoS Biol 2:e367. 2004..This Mycobacterium-induced macrophage aggregation in turn is tightly linked to intercellular bacterial dissemination and increased bacterial numbers. Thus, mycobacteria co-opt host granulomas for their virulence...
- An intradural extramedullary tuberculoma of the spinal cord in a non-HIV-infected patient: case report and review of the literatureLan Luo
Department of Internal Medicine, Coastal AHEC, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, 2131 South 17th Street, Wilmington, NC 28409, USA
Lung 184:187-93. 2006..Our case is the only documented intradural extramedullary tuberculoma in a non-HIV-infected patient in North America...
- Intradural extramedullary tuberculoma of the spinal cord: a review of reported casesBernardino Roca
Infectious Disease Division, Department of Medicine, Hospital General of Castellon, Castellon, Spain
J Infect 50:425-31. 2005Intradural extramedullary tuberculoma of the spinal cord (IETSC) is a rare modality of tuberculosis, with only a few cases described so far. Here we review 22 reports of the disease found in the literature of the last 25 years...
- MRI features of tuberculoma of the right atrial myocardiumPriya Jagia
Department of Cardiovascular Radiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Pediatr Radiol 34:904-7. 2004..We describe the MRI features in a 12-year-old boy with myocardial tuberculoma of the right atrium. He also had intracerebral tuberculoma. The diagnosis was later confirmed by biopsy.
- Intracardiac tuberculomaB C Chang
Yonsei Cardiovascular Center, and Department of Pathology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ann Thorac Surg 67:226-8. 1999We examined a case of endocardial tuberculoma at the proximal superior vena cava and the right atrium in a 17-year-old male patient...
- Fever and night sweats in a 22-year-old man with a mediastinal mass involving the heartMicha Maeder
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, Hospital of St Gallen, St Gallen, Switzerland
Chest 124:2006-9. 2003
- Choroidal tuberculoma in pregnancyJie Shen
Department of Ophthalmology, The First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Retina 27:106-9. 2007
- Superior vena caval obstruction after complete resolution of cardiac tuberculomaG Singh Gulati
Department of Cardiac Radiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Clin Radiol 63:605-9. 2008
- Differential organization of the local immune response in patients with active cavitary tuberculosis or with nonprogressive tuberculomaTimo Ulrichs
Department of Immunology, Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology, Institute for Infection Medicine, Charite University Medicine, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
J Infect Dis 192:89-97. 2005..Failure of this containment leads to reactivation of postprimary tuberculosis (TB). The regional immune processes that sustain the delicate balance with persistent M. tuberculosis, however, remain unclear...
- Tuberculoma of the heartPradeep Vaideeswar
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Division, Department of Pathology, Seth G S Medical College, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, India
Cardiovasc Pathol 15:55-6. 2006
- Renal macronodular tuberculoma: CT and MR findings in an asymptomatic patientG Verswijvel
Dep Of Radiology, Ziekenhuis Oost Limburg, Genk, Belgium
JBR-BTR 85:203-5. 2002..On MR imaging the lesion was hypointense on T1-weighted images, and T2-weighted images demonstrated a thick irregular hypointense peripheral wall and an intralesional fluid debris level. Gadolinium-chelates were not administered...
- DTI derived indices correlate with immunohistochemistry obtained matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-9) expression in cellular fraction of brain tuberculomaRakesh K Gupta
Department of Radiodiagnosis, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
J Neurol Sci 275:78-85. 2008..In addition, these indices may be of value in assessing the therapeutic response in patients with BT who are treated only with specific anti-tuberculous drugs...
- Orbital tuberculoma extending into the craniumTaru Dewan
Department of Ophthalmology, Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi, India
Ophthalmologica 220:137-9. 2006Orbital tuberculoma is not uncommon in the developing countries, but intracranial extension of orbital tuberculoma is extremely rare...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Cardiac tuberculomaMohamed Jeilan
Department of Cardiology, Glenfield Hospital, Groby Rd, Leicester LE3 9QP, UK
Circulation 117:984-6. 2008
- Intramedullary cervical tuberculomaJ Lin
Department of Neurosurgery, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Gaotanyan, Shapingba District, Chongqing, The People s Republic of China
Spinal Cord 44:809-12. 2006..Case report...
- Immune reconstitution syndrome in a patient with AIDS with paradoxically deteriorating brain tuberculomaChen Hsiang Lee
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
AIDS Patient Care STDS 21:234-9. 2007..of the concurrent pulmonary tuberculosis (TB), presumptive diagnosis of tuberculous meningitis and brain tuberculoma was made...
- A rare site for tuberculosisAmitabh Monga
Department of Internal Medicine, Sitaram Bhartia Institute of Science and Research, New Delhi, India
CMAJ 167:1149-50. 2002
- Intramedullary spinal tuberculoma: report of three casesHao Li
Department of Neurosurgery, Huaxi Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Surg Neurol 65:185-8; discussion 188-9. 2006Intramedullary spinal tuberculoma is a rare form of central nervous system tuberculosis. This article describes the successful management of intramedullary spinal tuberculoma in 3 patients who received treatment between 2000 and 2003.
- Neurological picture. Dorsal intramedullary tuberculomaMohammad Tahir
Department of Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 78:1353. 2007
- Solitary choroidal tuberculoma in an immunocompetent patientLaurent J Levecq
Ocular Oncology Unit, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, 10 Avenue Hippocrate, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Arch Ophthalmol 123:864-6. 2005
- Tuberculoma of the cervical spinal canal mimicking en plaque meningiomaHasan Mirzai
Department of Neurosurgery, Celal Bayar University School of Medicine, Manisa, Turkey
J Spinal Disord Tech 18:197-9. 2005..examination of the mass revealed granulomas with multinucleated and Langhans-type giant cells, typical of a tuberculoma. Intradural extramedullary tuberculomas should be considered in the differential diagnosis of en plaque ..
- Intradural, eextramedullary tuberculoma of the spinal cord as a complication of tuberculous meningitisP Skendros
Dept of Internal Medicine, Hospital of Infectious Diseases, Grigoriou Lampraki 13 str, GR 54638 Thessaloniki, Greece
Infection 31:115-7. 2003An unusual case of an intradural, extramedullary spinal cord tuberculoma, as a complication of tuberculous meningitis caused by a strain susceptible to major anti-TB drugs, is described in a previously healthy, HIV-negative, 27-year-old ..
- Pituitary tuberculoma--a case reportD K Manghani
Department of Neuropathology, MRC 15th Floor, Bombay Hospital, Mumbai-400 020, India
Neurol India 49:299-301. 2001..The lesion was approached trans-sphenoidally and pathological examination revealed a tuberculoma. Complete removal was achieved and the patient followed on anti-tuberculous therapy.
- Tuberculoma presenting as an intradural extramedullary lesionRajinder Kumar
Department of Neurosurgery, Neurosciences Centre, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Pediatr Neurosurg 43:541-3. 2007
- Intracardiac left atrial tuberculoma in an eleven-month-old infant: case reportM Cantinotti
Department of Sciences for Woman and Child s Health, University of Florence, Anna Meyer Children s University Hospital, Florence, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 11:359. 2011..Involvement of other part of the heart is unusual and descriptions in the pediatric literature are confined to few case reports regarding mainly myocardial tuberculosis...
- Obstruction of the right ventricular outflow tract caused by a tuberculoma in a patient with ventricular septal defect and aneurysm of the membranous septumC L Santos
Heart Institute of Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
Cardiol Young 9:509-11. 1999Reported here is an obstruction of the right ventricular outflow tract caused by a tuberculoma in a 15-year-old boy who presented with a ventricular septal defect...
- Intradural extramedullary tuberculoma of the thoracic spine: paradoxical response to antituberculous therapyHirokatsu Takahashi
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba
Intern Med 47:797-8. 2008Intradural extramedullary tuberculoma of the spinal cord (IETSC) is a rare complication of tuberculosis, which can occur as a paradoxical response to antituberculous therapy...
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy in pituitary tuberculomaK S Saini
Department of Medicine, Grant Medical College, Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Byculla, Mumbai 400008, India
Singapore Med J 48:783-6. 2007..It demonstrated features characteristic of a tuberculoma. She showed marked clinical improvement after she was started on anti-tuberculous drugs...
- Diagnostic utility of polymerase chain reaction and immunohistochemical techniques for the laboratory diagnosis of intracranial tuberculomaM G Sumi
Department of Pathology, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala State, India
Clin Neuropathol 20:176-80. 2001..IHC) methods were undertaken in formalin-fixed paraffin sections of ten surgical specimens of intracranial tuberculoma. The control group included an equal number of intracranial fungal granuloma...
- Middle and posterior fossa aspergillomaJacob P Alapatt
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical College Hospital, Thrissur, Kerala 680001, India
Surg Neurol 66:75-8; discussion 78-9. 2006..Because of its rarity in immunocompetent patients and the difficulty in preoperative diagnosis, we have illustrated this case and its presentation and management...
- A case of oculomotor nerve palsy and choroidal tuberculous granuloma associated with tuberculous meningoencephalitisSunghyuk Moon
Department of Ophthalmology, Yeungnam University College of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
Korean J Ophthalmol 22:201-4. 2008..isolated left oculomotor nerve palsy, which manifested as ptosis, and a fundus examination revealed choroidal tuberculoma. Other anti-tuberculous drugs (pyrazinamide, ethambutol) and a steroid (dexamethasone) were added...
- Intramedullary tuberculoma mimicking primary CNS lymphomaA A Mohit
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:1636-8. 2004..After failing to respond to radiotherapy, he underwent a spinal cord biopsy revealing intramedullary tuberculoma. This case illustrates the risk of misdiagnosis with this assay and the importance of histological confirmation ..
- Female genital tuberculosis: uncommon presentation of tuberculosis in the United StatesAli Hassoun
Alabama Infectious Disease Center, Huntsville, Ala 35801, USA
Am J Med 118:1295-6. 2005
- [Pulmonary tuberculoma]Olivier Fain
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Jean Verdier, 93143 Bondy
Rev Prat 55:1751. 2005
- [Radiologic diagnosis of lung tuberculosis]E Eisenhuber
Institut für Röntgendiagnostik, Otto Wagner Spital, Sanatoriumsstr 2, A 1140, Wien, Austria
Radiologe 47:393-400. 2007..Depending on the immune status of the patient, the morphologic spectrum of tuberculosis is quite variable. Early diagnosis of tuberculosis is essential to prevent further spread of the disease...
- Serial MRI to determine the effect of dexamethasone on the cerebral pathology of tuberculous meningitis: an observational studyGuy E Thwaites
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Lancet Neurol 6:230-6. 2007..We aimed to determine the effect of dexamethasone on cerebral MRI changes and their association with intracerebral inflammatory responses and clinical outcome in adults treated for tuberculous meningitis...
- Perforated tuberculous appendicitis and peritoneal tuberculosisT Dogru
Department of Internal Medicine, Gulhane Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
East Mediterr Health J 14:742-4. 2008
- [Tuberculosis of the wrist. Symptoms and outcome in eleven cases]M Benchakroun
Clinique Chirurgicale de Traumatologie Orthopédie, Hopital Avicenne, CHU Ibn Sina, Rabat, Maroc
Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot 90:337-45. 2004..We present our experience with a rare localization of tuberculosis, the wrist, focusing on symptoms and outcome after treatment...
- Right atrial tuberculoma: computed tomography and magnetic resonance imagingAbdul M Alkhulaifi
Cardiac Surgery Department, Hamad General Hospital, Doha, Qatar
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:808. 2007
- Response of pulmonary tuberculomas to anti-tuberculous treatmentH S Lee
Division of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Dept of Internal Medicine and Lung Institute of Medical Research Centre, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Eur Respir J 23:452-5. 2004..The majority of pulmonary tuberculomas were decreased by anti-tuberculosis treatment during and even after treatment, although a transient enlargement during the early period of treatment was observed infrequently...
- Intramedullary tuberculoma of the conusAwadhesh Kumar Jaiswal
Department of Neurosurgery, St Stephen s Hospital, Tees Hazari, New Delhi, India
J Clin Neurosci 13:870-2. 2006We present a conus medullaris tuberculoma in a 12-year-old girl. She presented with low backache, weakness of both lower limbs and urinary disturbance. Magnetic resonance imaging revealed a D10-L1 intramedullary mass...
- En plaque intradural extramedullary spinal tuberculoma and concurrent intracranial tuberculomas: paradoxical response to antituberculous therapy. Case reportNatarajan Muthukumar
Department of Neurosurgery, Madurai Medical College, Madurai, India
J Neurosurg Spine 6:169-73. 2007Spinal intradural extramedullary tuberculoma is a rare entity...
- Primary parotid tuberculosis: varied clinical presentationsA Sethi
Department of ENT and Head and Neck Surgery, Maulana Azad Medical College and associated L N Hospital, New Delhi, India
Oral Dis 12:213-5. 2006..The cases were diagnosed on the basis of histopathological evaluation and fine needle aspiration cytology. All the patients responded to four-drug antitubercular chemotherapy...
- Retrovesical tuberculosisM Raghavendran
Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
Urology 63:582-3. 2004
- Lung infection in radiology: a summary of frequently depicted signsI M Van Mieghem
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
JBR-BTR 88:66-71. 2005..However there are some radiological signs, which are very suggestive in predicting the causal organism or in predicting the way of spread of the infection...
- Hepatic tuberculomas. A case reportDjordje Culafic
Institute of Digestive Diseases, Mirjevski Venac br 49, Beograd 11160, Serbia and Montenegro
Rom J Gastroenterol 14:71-4. 2005..The liver is often involved secondarily by sytemic/extrahepatic vascular, metabolic, infectious, granulomatous, and malignant processes...
- Multiple splenic macronodular tuberculomas: MRI characteristics under treatmentAnastasia Oikonomou
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 10:233-4. 2006
- Obstructive granulomatous bronchiolitis obliterans due to Mycobacterium tuberculosisR Agarwal
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160012, India
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 63:108-10. 2005..The authors present a case of tubercular granulomatous bronchiolitis obliterans, confirmed on histopathology, who responded completely to anti-tubercular chemotherapy...
- Modern imaging of spinal tuberculosisSeth S Joseffer
Department of Neurosurgery, New York University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 2:145-50. 2005....
- Brainstem tuberculoma presenting as eight-and-a-half syndromeRonald van Toorn
Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University and Tygerberg Children s Hospital, Tygerberg 7505, Western Cape, South Africa
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 10:41-4. 2006We present a case of a young child who developed eight-and-a-half syndrome following a pontine tuberculoma, an unusual complication of central nervous system tuberculosis not previously described in an immunocompetent child...
- [Laryngeal sarcoidosis: review of a case]J Aguilar-García
An Med Interna 23:145. 2006
- Clinical and radiological features of symptomatic central nervous system tuberculomasA Unal
Neurology Department, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak, and 3rd Neurology Department, Bakirkoy Research and Training Hospital for Psychiatric and Neurological Diseases, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Neurol 12:797-804. 2005..Because of the possibility of late development of tuberculomas after initial successful treatment, all TBM patients need to be followed-up carefully for a long period...
- The impersonatorHartmut Lode
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Am J Med 120:239-41. 2007
- Intra-medullary tuberculoma occurring during treatment of tuberculous meningitisV B Shaharao
Indian J Pediatr 71:107-8. 2004
- [Histological and immunohistochemical structure of pulmonary tuberculotic granulomas in untreated cases and cases treated with antitubercular drugs]Jozsef Furak
Szegedi Tudomanyegyetem, Szent Györgyi Albert Orvos és Gyógyszerésztudományi Centrum, Sebészeti Klinika
Orv Hetil 144:1347-52. 2003..The changes occurring in response to antituberculotic treatment and immune defence were studied in human tuberculotic granulomas...
- [Pseudotumor form of bronchial tuberculosis]M Rguibi
Presse Med 32:501. 2003
- Sarcoid reaction in primary tumor of bronchogenic large cell carcinoma accompanied with massive necrosisK Kashiwabara
Respiratory Department, Taragi Municipal Hospital, Kumamoto
Intern Med 40:127-30. 2001..She was given a diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculoma because percutaneous needle aspiration cytology revealed epithelioid cells with a background of necrosis...
- [A case of miliary tuberculosis complicated with SIADH, brain tuberculoma, and tuberculous meningitis]Makoto Takahara
Department of Internal Medicine, National Nishi Kofu Hospital, 3368, Yamamiya, Kofu shi, Yamanashi, 400 0075, Japan
Kekkaku 77:67-72. 2002..LVFX, high concentration in CSF, was added. At present (2 yrs after beginning the therapy), lesions in the brain and spinal cord improved but remain with the sequelae...
- Tuberculous mediastinal mass presenting with stridor in a 3-month-old childDaniel A De Ugarte
Division of Pediatric Surgery, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Pediatr Surg 38:624-5. 2003..Further investigations found a mediastinal mass compressing the carina and left mainstem bronchus. The mass was excised and found to be of tuberculous origin...
- Intramedullary tuberculoma of the conus medullaris: case report and review of the literatureS Kemaloglu
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, Dicle University, 21100 Diyarbakir, Turkey
Spinal Cord 39:498-501. 2001..To illustrate the dilemmas in the diagnosis and management of intramedullary tuberculomas of the spinal cord...
- [Orbital tuberculoma]C Stan
Clinica Oftalmologica Cluj-Napoca
Oftalmologia 52:35-7. 2001..The histological examination of a piece of the tumor showed tuberculous characteristics. Patient received treatment with antituberculous drugs and steroids. The tumor decreased after two months of treatment...
- Complete resection is mandatory for tubercular cold abscess of the chest wallYoung Tae Kim
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Ann Thorac Surg 85:273-7. 2008..Cold abscess of the chest wall is a rare disease and few literature reports detail any treatment experience with a limited patient number. Hence, an optimal treatment plan remains controversial...
- CT of tuberculosis and nontuberculous mycobacterial infectionsJin Mo Goo
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, South Korea
Radiol Clin North Am 40:73-87, viii. 2002....
- An unusual case of craniovertebral junction tuberculosis in an infantSudhir K Kapoor
Lady Hardinge Medical College and Associated Hospitals, New Delhi, India
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:E678-81. 2007..We present, to the best of our knowledge, the first reported case of craniovertebral junction tuberculosis with complete quadriplegia in an infant...
- [Intramedullary spinal tuberculoma: report of one case]C F Litre
Service de Neurochirurgie, Hopital de la Timone, 264, Boulevard Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
Neurochirurgie 54:545-7. 2008..Intramedullary tuberculoma is an exceptional location...
- Tuberculoma of the conus medullaris: case reportKudret Tureyen
Department of Neurosurgery, Konur Hospital, Bursa, Turkey
Neurosurgery 50:651-2; discussion 652-3. 2002Intramedullary spinal tuberculoma is a rare form of central nervous system tuberculosis. This article describes an affected patient who presented with left leg paresis.
- Treatment of intraspinal tuberculomaSudhir Kumar
Department of Orthopaedics, University College of Medical Sciences and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Shahdara, Delhi, India
Clin Orthop Relat Res 460:62-6. 2007Neurological manifestations in spinal tuberculosis often occur secondary to vertebral involvement. However, tuberculoma of the spinal cord or extradural granuloma without radiological evidence of vertebral involvement may be responsible ..
- Cervical intramedullary tuberculoma: acute presentation and rapid response to medical therapyDeepak Bansal
Department of Pediatrics, Advanced Pediatric Center, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
J Trop Pediatr 48:55-7. 2002..MRI of the spine revealed an intramedullary tuberculoma at the level of C5-7. Investigations further revealed evidence of tuberculosis in the brain and lungs as well...
- Simultaneous tuberculous meningoencephalitis in two siblingsSascha Meyer
Department of Pediatrics and Paediatric Intensive Care, University Hospital of Saarland, Homburg, Germany
Wien Med Wochenschr 157:37-42. 2007..These case reports demonstrate an unusual simultaneous occurrence of TBM in a brother and sister. It draws attention to the importance of TBM as a differential diagnosis in children with suspected viral meningoencephalitis...
- [Tubercular granulomas of the liver in a Somalian patient notwithstanding a chronic hepatitis C]R W Vreede
Afd. Medische Microbiologie, Reinier de Graaf Gasthuis, Reinier de Graafweg 3-11, 2625 AD Delft
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 145:535-8. 2001..No side effects of the tuberculostatic treatment were seen on the course of the hepatitis C...
- [Lytic lesion in the femoral condyle in a female patient with human immunodeficiency virus infection]Koldo Aguirrebengoa
Unidad de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital de Cruces, Vizcaya, Spain
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 20:37-8. 2002
- Tuberculous retropharyngeal abscessM Panduranga Kamath
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Karnataka State, India
Ear Nose Throat J 86:236-7. 2007..We present the case of a patient who came to our clinic with collapse of the C5-C6 vertebrae and retropharyngeal abscess. We were able to avoid any complications by initiating early surgical drainage and antituberculous therapy...
- British Infection Society guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of tuberculosis of the central nervous system in adults and childrenGuy Thwaites
Centre for Molecular Microbiology and Infection, Imperial College, Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London, UK
J Infect 59:167-87. 2009..We have presented guidance on tuberculous meningitis (TBM), intra-cerebral tuberculoma without meningitis, and tuberculosis affecting the spinal cord. Our key recommendations are as follows: 1...
- [Multi-slice helical CT perfusion imaging in evaluating intracranial neoplasms and tumor-like lesions]Qing Bo Zhang
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 29:131-5. 2007..To investigate the clinical value of CT perfusion in diagnosing and assessing intracranial neoplasms and tumor-like lesions...
- Unusual benign focal liver lesions: findings on real-time contrast-enhanced sonographyHui Xiong Xu
Department of Medical Ultrasonics, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
J Ultrasound Med 27:243-54. 2008..This presentation aims to provide an overview of the manifestations of some unusual benign focal liver lesions (FLLs) on low-acoustic power contrast-enhanced sonography (CES) with a sulfur hexafluoride contrast agent...
- Identification of diffuse and focal brain lesions by clinical magnetic resonance spectroscopyPeter B Kingsley
Department of Radiology, North Shore University Hospital, 300 Community Drive, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
NMR Biomed 19:435-62. 2006..encephalitis (herpes simplex, Rasmussen's and subacute sclerosing panencephalitis), neurocysticercosis, tuberculoma, cysts (arachnoid, epidermoid and hydatid), acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM), adrenoleukodystrophy (..
- Assessment of antibody responses to antigens of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Cysticercus cellulosae in cerebrospinal fluid of chronic meningitis patients for definitive diagnosis as TBM/NCC by passive hemagglutination and immunoblot assaysMuralidhar K Katti
Immunology Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvanathapuram 695 011, India
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 33:57-61. 2002..chronic infections of the central nervous system with the possible diagnosis of tuberculous meningitis (TBM), tuberculoma and neurocysticercosis (NCC) (n=88), and group II - controls which included (a) non-infectious non-neurological ..
- A visual and semi-quantitative assessment of (99m)Tc-EDDA/HYNIC-TOC scintigraphy in differentiation of solitary pulmonary nodulesAnna Płachcińska
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Medical University, Łódź, Poland
Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur 7:143-50. 2004....
- [Clinical, pathological and radiological characteristics of 83 cases of pleural tuberculoma]Shen Jie Tang
Shanghai Tuberculosis Lung Key Laboratory, Shanghai Pulmonary Hospital Affiliated to Tongji University, Shanghai 200433, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 32:262-5. 2009To investigate the clinical, pathological and radiological characteristics of pleural tuberculoma, so as to improve the understanding of this disease.
- Factors affecting the outcome of neuroendoscopy in patients with tuberculous meningitis hydrocephalus: a preliminary studyDeepak Kumar Jha
Department of Neurosurgery, St Stephens Hospital, Tishazari, Delhi 110054, India
Surg Neurol 68:35-41; discussion 41-2. 2007..In recent years, ETV has been found to be effective in patients with TBMH; however, its precise selection criteria are yet to be established. We carried out this study to identify the factors affecting the outcome of ETV in TBMH...
- Role of diffusion weighted imaging in differentiation of intracranial tuberculoma and tuberculous abscess from cysticercus granulomas-a report of more than 100 lesionsRakesh K Gupta
Department of Radiology, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, MR Section, Lucknow 226014, India
Eur J Radiol 55:384-92. 2005Restricted diffusion is noted in a large number of non-stroke conditions including tuberculoma. The purpose of this study was to demonstrate spectrum of diffusion weighted imaging (DWI) abnormalities in tuberculomas and tuberculous ..
- Abdominal tuberculosis: analysis of clinical features and outcome of adult patients in southern TaiwanMing Luen Hu
Division of Hepato Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Chang Gung Med J 32:509-16. 2009..The study was conducted at the Chang Gung Memorial Hospital-Kaohsiung, Taiwan...
- [Diagnosis and treatment of 11 patients with acquired immune deficiency syndrome complicated with tuberculosis of mesenteric lymph nodes.]Yan Liu
Department of Infectious Diseases, Third People s Hospital of Shenzhen, Guangdong 518020, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 32:835-7. 2009..To study the clinical features of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) complicated with tuberculosis of mesenteric lymph nodes...
- Diagnosis of central nervous system tuberculosis by T-cell-based assays on peripheral blood and cerebrospinal fluid mononuclear cellsSung Han Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Republic of Korea
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:1356-62. 2008..31 (84%) showed clinical manifestations of suspected TB meningitis and 6 (16%) gave indications of intracranial tuberculoma with disseminated TB...
- A prospective study of seroprevalence of Toxoplasmosis in general population, and in HIV/AIDS patients in Bombay, IndiaY V Meisheri
Department of Medicine, Seth G S Medical College, Parel, Bombay, India
J Postgrad Med 43:93-7. 1997..HIV/AIDS patients (82 men/7 women); and (iii) 25 patients (HIV negative: 12 men/13 women) treated for cerebral Tuberculoma or Neurocysticercosis during this study from January 1996-June 1997. The overall seroprevalence was 30...
- [Clinical analysis of completion pneumonectomy for pulmonary disease]Xiang hui Chu
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Tianjin Chest Hospital, Tianjin 300051, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 45:1132-5. 2007..However, in certain instances, CP offers the only chance for a cure. Now to explore the indications, prevention and management of complications as well as late outcomes of CP...
- Vision impairment in tuberculous meningitis: predictors and prognosisManish Kumar Sinha
Department of Neurology, Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow, India
J Neurol Sci 290:27-32. 2010..Vision impairment is a devastating complication of tuberculous meningitis. In the present study we evaluated the predictors and prognostic significance of vision impairment in tuberculous meningitis...
- Space-occupying lesions in Papua New Guinea--the CT eraW Matui Kaptigau
Department of Surgery, Port Moresby General Hospital, Free Mail Bag, Boroko, NCD 111, Papua New Guinea
P N G Med J 50:33-43. 2007..The use of computed tomography (CT) scanning to diagnose and treat space-occupying lesions (SOL) has been a great advance...
- Intracranial tuberculoma in KuwaitN U Abdul-Ghaffar
Medical Department, Adan Hospital, Kuwait
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2:413-8. 1998To study the manifestations of intracranial tuberculoma in Kuwait and to provide guidelines for the diagnosis and management of intracranial tuberculoma in developing countries, where the disease is common and facilities are limited.
- Endoscopic options in management of posterior third ventricular tumorsS V Roopesh Kumar
Department of Neurosurgery, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences NIMHANS, Hosur Road, Bangalore, India
Childs Nerv Syst 23:1135-45. 2007..Most of these are associated with hydrocephalus requiring a cerebrospinal fluid diversion procedure. The present study aims to assess the effectiveness of endoscopic biopsy and third ventriculostomy (ETV) in these patients...
- Tubercular brain abscess--case reportVaishali B Dohe
Microbiology Department, B J Medical College, Pune
Indian J Tuberc 57:102-3. 2010..CNS tuberculosis can present as meningitis, arachnoiditis, tuberculoma and brain abscess...
- Multiple intracranial tuberculomas mimicking granulocytic sarcomas in acute myeloid leukemiaJae Sook Ahn
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 22:S171-3. 2007The diagnosis of incracranial tuberculoma in immune-compromised hosts is often difficult because conventional magnetic resonance (MR) imaging of tuberculoma reveals various findings and neurologic symptoms are not typical...
- Genetic Control of Pulmonary Cavities in TuberculosisRobert Hunter; Fiscal Year: 2005..If successful, new insights into the pathogenesis of pulmonary cavities may lead to specific interventions to prevent this highly infectious disease manifestation. ..
- IRON REGULATION & VIRULENCE--MYCOBACTERIUM TUBERCULOSISYUKARI MANABE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Elucidation of this iron-dependent IdeR regulon may lead to the identification of virulence determinants, and novel antigens for vaccines and therapeutics. ..
- Pathogen-Host Standoff: Persistent and Latent InfectionJoanne Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2004..This meeting seeks to bring together researchers from a variety of fields, with the common goal of understanding how persistent pathogens survive and how the host responds to such pathogens. ..
- A NON-HUMAN PRIMATE MODEL OF TUBERCULOSIS AND AIDSJoanne Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2004..Once a non-human primate model for tuberculosis is established, it could be used to test vaccines, immunotherapy, and new treatment options for tuberculosis. ..
- LATENCY AND REACTIVATION TUBERCULOSISYUKARI MANABE; Fiscal Year: 2006..Appropriate animal models are critical to the successful development of tuberculosis vaccines, new drugs and better diagnostic tests for tuberculosis. ..
- Latent and Reactivation TuberculosisJoanne Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are the first to study reactivation in an immunologically tractable animal model that is similar to human latent tuberculosis. ..