Genomes and Genes
Summary: Diseases of the domestic cat (Felis catus or F. domesticus). This term does not include diseases of the so-called big cats such as CHEETAHS; LIONS; tigers, cougars, panthers, leopards, and other Felidae for which the heading CARNIVORA is used.
Publications318 found, 100 shown here
- Advances in the control of Ctenocephalides felis (cat flea) on cats and dogsMichael K Rust
Department of Entomology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521 0314, USA
Trends Parasitol 21:232-6. 2005..Surveys have yet to reveal the development of insecticide resistance to these chemical compounds. Extending the longevity of these effective host-targeted therapies should be a major goal of the veterinary community...
- Feline vector-borne pathogens in the north and centre of PortugalHugo Vilhena
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Escola Universitária Vasco da Gama, Coimbra, Portugal
Parasit Vectors 6:99. 2013..In recent years, several clinical cases and epidemiological studies of feline vector-borne diseases (FVBD) have been reported worldwide. Nonetheless, information on FVBD agents and their prevalence in Portugal is scarce...
- Evaluation of the long-term efficacy and safety of an imidacloprid 10%/flumethrin 4.5% polymer matrix collar (Seresto®) in dogs and cats naturally infested with fleas and/or ticks in multicentre clinical field studies in EuropeDorothee Stanneck
Bayer Animal Health GmbH BAH, Monheim, Germany
Parasit Vectors 5:66. 2012....
- Toxoplasma gondii: epidemiology, feline clinical aspects, and preventionStacey A Elmore
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Trends Parasitol 26:190-6. 2010..Because of their fastidious nature, the passing of non-infective oocysts, and the short duration of oocyst shedding, direct contact with cats is not thought to be a primary risk for human infection...
- The veterinary and public health significance of hookworm in dogs and cats in Australia and the status of A. ceylanicumCarlysle S Palmer
WHO Collaborating Centre for Molecular Epidemiology of Parasitic Infections, School of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences and Western Australian State Agricultural Biotechnology Centre, Murdoch University, Perth, Australia
Vet Parasitol 145:304-13. 2007....
- Zoonotic parasites in fecal samples and fur from dogs and cats in The NetherlandsPaul A M Overgaauw
RnA BV, Yalelaan 2, 3584 CM, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Vet Parasitol 163:115-22. 2009..Close physical contact between owners and their pets is common and poses an increased risk of transmission of zoonotic pathogens. Education of owners by the vet, specifically about hygiene and potential risks, is required...
- Efficacy of an imidacloprid/flumethrin collar against fleas and ticks on catsDorothee Stanneck
Bayer HealthCare AG, Animal Health Division, D 51368 Leverkusen, Germany
Parasit Vectors 5:82. 2012..The number of studies was so large that only a general overview can be presented in this abstract...
- Canine and feline infections by cardiopulmonary nematodes in central and southern ItalyAngela Di Cesare
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Teramo, Italy
Parasitol Res 109:S87-96. 2011..Larger surveys are necessary to gain more information on the diffusion of these parasites, especially for C. aerophila and A. vasorum, for which the actual distribution is poorly known...
- Prevalence of flea infestation in dogs and cats in Hungary combined with a survey of owner awarenessR Farkas
Department of Parasitology and Zoology, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Szent Istvan University, Budapest, Hungary
Med Vet Entomol 23:187-94. 2009..Very few owners reported having attempted to kill fleas in their animals' environment; instead, they believed that fleas were acquired from other cats or dogs...
- Murine typhus: an unrecognized suburban vectorborne diseaseRachel Civen
Acute Communicable Disease Control Program, Los Angeles County Public Health Department, Los Angeles, California 90012, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:913-8. 2008..Serologic testing with the indirect immunofluorescence assay is the preferred diagnostic method. Doxycycline is the antibiotic of choice and has been shown to shorten the course of illness...
- Emerging arthropod-borne diseases of companion animals in EuropeFrederic Beugnet
Meria Animal Health, 69007, Lyon, France
Vet Parasitol 163:298-305. 2009..Here, after consideration of the main reasons for changes in tick vector ecology, an overview of each "emerging" vector-borne diseases of pets is presented...
- The prevalence of types I and II feline coronavirus infections in catsT Hohdatsu
Department of Veterinary Infectious Diseases, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences, Kitasato University, Aomori ken, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 54:557-62. 1992..1%) with FIPV or FECV Type II. All of the 57 apparently non-diseased cases seemed to have been infected with FIPV or FECV Type I. These results indicated that feline coronavirus Type I is more high prevalent in Japan...
- Genetic and biologic characterization of Toxoplasma gondii isolates of cats from ChinaJ P Dubey
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Animal Parasitic Diseases Laboratory, Building 1001, Beltsville, MD 20705 2350, USA
Vet Parasitol 145:352-6. 2007..This is the first report of genetic typing of T. gondii isolates from cats from China...
- Suspected transmission of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus between domestic pets and humans in veterinary clinics and in the householdJ S Weese
Department of Clinical Studies, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ont Weese, Canada N1G 2W1
Vet Microbiol 115:148-55. 2006..To describe MRSA infection and colonization in household pets, and transmission of MRSA between animals and humans...
- Description of outcomes of experimental infection with feline haemoplasmas: copy numbers, haematology, Coombs' testing and blood glucose concentrationsSeverine Tasker
School of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol, Langford, Bristol BS40 5DU, United Kingdom
Vet Microbiol 139:323-32. 2009..haemofelis infection, in contrast to 'Candidatus M. haemominutum' and 'Candidatus M. turicensis' infection, can result in a severe macrocytic anaemia and the development of cold and warm reactive erythrocyte-bound antibodies...
- Rickettsia felis in fleas from Catalonia (Northeast Spain)Maria Mercedes Nogueras
Department of Infectious Diseases, Corporacio Sanitaria Parc Tauli, Fundació Parc Taulí Institut Universitari, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Sabadell, Spain
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 11:479-83. 2011..The aim of this study was to determine the presence of R. felis in the fleas of cats and dogs from Northeast Spain, to show the presence of peridomestic cycle in our area...
- Prophylactic treatment of flea-infested cats with an imidacloprid/flumethrin collar to forestall infection with Dipylidium caninumJosephus J Fourie
ClinVet International, Universitas 9321, South Africa
Parasit Vectors 5:151. 2012..5% flumethrin (w/w) incorporated in a slow-release matrix collar in preventing Dipylidium caninum infection in cats following repeated laboratory-infestations with fleas infected with metacestodes...
- Efficacy of dinotefuran-pyriproxyfen, dinotefuran-pyriproxyfen-permethrin and fipronil-(S)-methoprene topical spot-on formulations to control flea populations in naturally infested pets and private residences in Tampa, FLMichael W Dryden
Dept of Diagnostic Medicine Pathobiology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS, USA
Vet Parasitol 182:281-6. 2011..24% and 95.47%, respectively. Flea numbers in the indoor-premises were also markedly reduced by days 54-60, with 98.05% and 96.15% reductions in intermittent-light flea trap counts in the DP-DPP or FM treatment groups, respectively...
- Specific anti-Leishmania spp. antibodies in stray cats in GreeceAnastasia Diakou
Laboratory of Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Feline Med Surg 11:728-30. 2009..Despite the low seroprevalence for Leishmania spp. in cats, leishmaniosis may be taken into consideration concerning the differential diagnosis of the feline diseases, especially in endemic areas...
- Rickettsia felis and Bartonella spp. in fleas from cats in AlbaniaCornelia Silaghi
Chair of Comparative Tropical Medicine and Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 12:76-7. 2012..causing cat scratch disease) in Albania. Thus, these infectious diseases should be considered as differential diagnoses when febrile symptoms are presented, especially after contact with cats or their fleas...
- An Immunohistochemical study of HER-2 expression in feline mammary tumoursR Rasotto
Department of Public Health, Comparative Pathology and Veterinary Hygiene, University of Padua, Italy
J Comp Pathol 144:170-9. 2011..These results suggest that HER-2 may not play as significant role in mammary carcinogenesis and prognosis in cats as it does in human patients...
- Redescription of Hepatozoon felis (Apicomplexa: Hepatozoidae) based on phylogenetic analysis, tissue and blood form morphology, and possible transplacental transmissionGad Baneth
School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University, Rehovot, Israel
Parasit Vectors 6:102. 2013..The aim of this study was to carry out a survey on domestic feline hepatozoonosis and characterize it morphologically and genetically...
- Toxocara cati infections in stray cats in northern IranM Sharif
Department of Parasitology and Mycology, School of Medicine, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, PC 48168 95475, Sari, Iran
J Helminthol 81:63-6. 2007..05), nor in the intensity of infection between host gender, age and season (P>0.05). The intensity of infection ranged from 1 to 32 worms per cat, with a mean of 7.30 +/- 6.82...
- Flea and tick control in the 21st century: challenges and opportunitiesMichael Wayne Dryden
Department of Diagnostic Medicine Pathobiology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Vet Dermatol 20:435-40. 2009..These factors probably cause most real and perceived product failures...
- Survey of flea infestation in dogs and cats in the United Kingdom during 2005R Bond
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hatfield
Vet Rec 160:503-6. 2007..The overall prevalence of fleas and/or skin lesions that could potentially be compatible with fad was 7.46 per cent in the dogs and 22.28 per cent in the cats...
- The cat flea (Ctenocephalides f. felis) is the dominant flea on domestic dogs and cats in Australian veterinary practicesJan Slapeta
Faculty of Veterinary Science, McMaster Building B14, The University of Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
Vet Parasitol 180:383-8. 2011..This suggests that, under current conditions, it is unlikely that foxes are reservoirs of C. canis for domestic dogs or cats residing in coastal Australia, as previously speculated...
- Results of parasitological examinations of faecal samples from cats and dogs in Germany between 2003 and 2010Dieter Barutzki
Veterinary Laboratory Freiburg, Freiburg iBr, Germany
Parasitol Res 109:S45-60. 2011..19.5 % and 24.0 %, respectively), T. cati (8.1 % and 6.9 %, respectively), Isospora spp. (12.8 % and 8.6 %, respectively), I. felis (10.0 % and 5.9%, respectively) and I. rivolta (4.6 % and 2.9%, respectively) compared to older cats...
- Feline herpesvirus infection. ABCD guidelines on prevention and managementEtienne Thiry
European Advisory Board on Cat Diseases ABCD
J Feline Med Surg 11:547-55. 2009..In most cats, FHV remains latent after recovery, and they become lifelong virus carriers. Stress or corticosteroid treatment may lead to virus reactivation and shedding in oronasal and conjunctival secretions...
- Low seroprevalence of Leishmania infantum infection in cats from northern Portugal based on DAT and ELISALuis Cardoso
Department of Veterinary Sciences, University of Tras os Montes e Alto Douro, P O Box 1013, 5001 801 Vila Real, Portugal
Vet Parasitol 174:37-42. 2010..Nevertheless, Leishmania infection must not be underestimated and leishmaniasis may be included in the differential diagnosis of cutaneous or systemic clinical signs in cats...
- Comparative efficacy of imidacloprid, selamectin, fipronil-(S)-methoprene, and metaflumizone against cats experimentally infested with Ctenocephalides felisT Schnieder
University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bunteweg 17, Hannover, Germany
Vet Ther 9:176-83. 2008..7% to 67.4% in the other treatment groups. A single topical application of imidacloprid provided a high efficacy in the early elimination of adult fleas, limiting the risk of pathogen transmission and flea allergy dermatitis...
- Molecular detection of Capillaria aerophila, an agent of canine and feline pulmonary capillariosisAngela Di Cesare
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, University of Teramo, Teramo, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 50:1958-63. 2012..The specific PCR amplification of C. aerophila (i.e., specificity of 100%) was confirmed by a nucleotide sequence analysis of the cox1 amplicons. The potential implications of the molecular diagnosis of lung capillariosis are discussed...
- Surveillance of healthy cats and cats with inflammatory skin disease for colonization of the skin by methicillin-resistant coagulase-positive staphylococci and Staphylococcus schleiferi ssp. schleiferiJill L Abraham
Department of Clinical Studies, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Vet Dermatol 18:252-9. 2007..There was no significant difference in staphylococcal isolation or methicillin resistance between study groups. While present, MR coagulase-positive staphylococci are significantly less common in these study populations...
- Tritrichomonas foetus and not Pentatrichomonas hominis is the etiologic agent of feline trichomonal diarrheaMichael G Levy
Department of Farm Animal and Health Resource Management, North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, 4700 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27606 1499, USA
J Parasitol 89:99-104. 2003....
- New insights into morphological and biological features of Capillaria aerophila (Trichocephalida, Trichuridae)Donato Traversa
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Teramo, Italy
Parasitol Res 109:S97-104. 2011..The results of this study provide key information on the biological cycle of C. aerophila and present key morphological characters for the identification of eggs in faeces...
- Evaluation of an epidemic of sporotrichosis in cats: 347 cases (1998-2001)Tânia M P Schubach
Serviço de Zoonoses, Instituto de Pesquisa Clínica Evandro Chagas Fundação Oswaldo Cruz, Av Brasil 4365, 21045 900 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
J Am Vet Med Assoc 224:1623-9. 2004..To evaluate characteristics of a large epidemic of sporotrichosis in cats...
- Hookworms of dogs and cats as agents of cutaneous larva migransDwight D Bowman
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Campus Road, Ithaca, NY 14850, USA
Trends Parasitol 26:162-7. 2010..This review describes the discovery of the disease, the biology of the agents, and how that biology may impact disease...
- Atypical Toxoplasma gondii genotypes identified in oocysts shed by cats in GermanyD C Herrmann
Friedrich Loeffler Institut, Federal Research Institute for Animal Health, Institute of Epidemiology, Seestrasse 55, 16868 Wusterhausen, Germany
Int J Parasitol 40:285-92. 2010..To our knowledge this is the first description of the presence of T. gondii genotypes different from the clonal Types I, II and III in the faeces of naturally infected cats...
- Feline leishmaniosis due to Leishmania infantum in ItalyAlessandro Poli
Department of Animal Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pisa, Viale delle Piagge 2, I 56124, Pisa, Italy
Vet Parasitol 106:181-91. 2002....
- Tyrosinase mutations associated with Siamese and Burmese patterns in the domestic cat (Felis catus)L A Lyons
Department of Population Health and Reproduction, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Anim Genet 36:119-26. 2005..Because the same mutations were identified in different breeds with similar phenotypes, the mutations are likely to be identical by descent rather than multiple mutation events occurring at the same site...
- Lungworm infections (Angiostrongylus vasorum, Crenosoma vulpis, Aelurostrongylus abstrusus) in dogs and cats in Germany and Denmark in 2003-2007Anja Taubert
Institute of Parasitology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Rudolf Buchheim Str 2, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Vet Parasitol 159:175-80. 2009..vulpis in Germany. The relatively high number of lungworm-infected dogs and cats indicate that these parasitic diseases should be considered in differential diagnosis of cases of treatment-resistant respiratory/cardiopulmonary distress...
- Molecular characterization of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus strains from pet animals and their relationship to human isolatesBirgit Strommenger
Robert Koch Institute, Wernigerode Branch, D 38855 Wernigerode, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 57:461-5. 2006..Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) isolates from pet animals were characterized and compared with human isolates from clonal complexes most prevalent in Central Europe...
- Population structure and mouse-virulence of Toxoplasma gondii in BrazilH F J Pena
Department of Preventive Veterinary Medicine and Animal Health, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Prof Dr Orlando Marques de Paiva, 87, CEP 05508 270, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Parasitol 38:561-9. 2008..In addition, allele types at the CS3 locus are strongly linked to mouse-virulence of the parasite. Thus, T. gondii has an epidemic population structure in Brazil and the major lineages have different biological traits...
- Is AZT/3TC therapy effective against FIV infection or immunopathogenesis?Maki Arai
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, P O Box 110880, Gainesville, FL 32611 0880, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 85:189-204. 2002..Furthermore, severe clinical symptoms caused by adverse drug reactions were observed in some of these cats. Overall, AZT/3TC treatment is effective for prophylaxis but not for therapeutic use in chronically FIV-infected cats...
- Prevalence of antibodies to Toxoplasma gondii and intestinal parasites in stray, farm and household cats in SpainGuadalupe Miró
Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Avda Puerta de Hierro s n, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Vet Parasitol 126:249-55. 2004..3%), Toxascaris leonina (1.3%), Ancylostoma sp. (1%), Capillaria spp. (1.3%), Aelurostrongylus abstrusus (1%), Taenia like (3.7%), Dipylidium caninum (2.6%) and Cystoisospora spp. (6.3%)...
- Infection with a proposed new subspecies of Babesia canis, Babesia canis subsp. presentii, in domestic catsGad Baneth
School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Clin Microbiol 42:99-105. 2004..canis present in dogs, we propose to identify the novel feline genotype of B. canis described in the present study as a new subspecies, B. canis subsp. presentii...
- Mucosal administration of low-dose cell-associated feline immunodeficiency virus promotes viral latencyBarnabe Dossou Assogba
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Infect Dis 195:1184-8. 2007..Thus, latent tissue viral reservoirs can be induced by low-dose cell-associated mucosal challenge, providing a model to dissect the mechanisms that control reservoir establishment...
- Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii infection in stray and household cats in Guangzhou, ChinaH Zhang
Laboratory of Parasitology, College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, GuangDong 510642, China
Zoonoses Public Health 56:502-5. 2009..Integrated control strategies and measures should be implemented to prevent and control T. gondii infection in both stray and household cats, which will have significant implications for the control of human infection with T. gondii...
- Prevalence of Toxoplasma gondii infection in stray and household cats in regions of Seoul, KoreaSang Eun Lee
Division of Malaria and Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Health, Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Seoul 122 701, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 48:267-70. 2010..gondii. In conclusion, we recognized that the infection rate of toxoplasmosis in stray cats in Seoul was considerably high but household cats were free from infection...
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) isolated from animals and veterinary personnel in IrelandR O'Mahony
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Vet Microbiol 109:285-96. 2005..This study shows that transmission of two strains of MRSA is occurring in veterinary practices in Ireland and that one strain may have arisen from human hospitals. The source of the second strain remains to be determined...
- Ocular thelaziosis in dogs, FrancePerrine Ruytoor
É cole Nationale Vétérinaire d Alfort, Anses, UPEC, Maisons Alfort, France
Emerg Infect Dis 16:1943-5. 2010..Most cases were detected in Dordogne, particularly in 3 counties with numerous strawberry farms, which may favor development of the fruit fly vector. Animal thelaziosis may lead to emergence of human cases...
- Pathogenesis of feline enteric coronavirus infectionNiels C Pedersen
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95694, USA
J Feline Med Surg 10:529-41. 2008..Pregnancy, parturition and lactation had no influence on fecal shedding by queens. Methylprednisolone acetate treatment did not induce non-shedders to shed and shedders to increase shedding...
- Prevalence and intensity of Otodectes cynotis in kittens from Thessaloniki area, GreeceM A Lefkaditis
Laboratory of Parasitology, University of Thessaly, Veterinary Faculty, PO Box 199, Karditsa 43100, Greece
Vet Parasitol 163:374-5. 2009..19) compared to cats aged under 3 months (22.36). No statistical significance was found between males and females for neither prevalence nor intensity. Differences and similarities with other studies are discussed...
- Zoonoses in the bedroomBruno B Chomel
Department of Population Health and Reproduction, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 17:167-72. 2011..The estimated percentage of pet owners who allow dogs and cats on their beds is 14%-62%. However, public health risks, including increased emergence of zoonoses, may be associated with such practices...
- Haemotropic mycoplasmas of cats and dogs: transmission, diagnosis, prevalence and importance in EuropeB Willi
Clinical Laboratory and Clinic for Small Animal Medicine, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Schweiz Arch Tierheilkd 152:237-44. 2010..Feline haemoplasmas must be expected in cats all over Europe, while canine haemoplasmas are mainly encountered in dogs in Mediterranean countries but should also be considered in Swiss dogs with a travel history...
- The detection of Cytauxzoon felis in apparently healthy free-roaming cats in the USAMarion D Haber
Department of Clinical Sciences, North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 4700 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC 27606, United States
Vet Parasitol 146:316-20. 2007..felis. Further investigations should evaluate the potential vector competence of domestic cats as well as the role of chronically infected cats in areas in which cytauxzoonosis appears hyperendemic...
- Prevalence of Clonorchis sinensis infection in dogs and cats in subtropical southern ChinaRui Qing Lin
State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Etiological Biology, Key Laboratory of Veterinary Parasitology of Gansu Province, Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Lanzhou, Gansu Province 730046, PR China
Parasit Vectors 4:180. 2011..sinensis infection in its reservoir hosts dogs and cats. Hence, the prevalence of C. sinensis infection in dogs and cats was investigated in Guangdong province, China between October 2006 and March 2008...
- Molecular characterization of feline Hepatozoon species from BrazilAdriano Stefani Rubini
Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP, Instituto de Biociencias, Departamento de Parasitologia, 18618 000 Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 137:168-71. 2006..Partial sequences of the 18S rRNA gene from the Hepatozoon from three naturally infected cats were analyzed. Sequences revealed that feline Hepatozoon was closely related to the canine Hepatozoon canis from Brazil...
- Prevalence of endoparasites in stray and fostered dogs and cats in Northern GermanyA C Becker
Institute for Parasitology, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Buenteweg 17, 30559 Hannover, Germany
Parasitol Res 111:849-57. 2012....
- Prevalence of Toxocara cati and other parasites in cats' faeces collected from the open spaces of public institutions: Buenos Aires, ArgentinaI E Sommerfelt
Cátedra de Veterinaria en Salud Pública, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Av Chorroarin 280, 1427 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vet Parasitol 140:296-301. 2006..075-0.254). The cat population that inhabits these public green spaces contaminates the environment, thus transforming them into dangerous spaces with a variable rate for the human population that spends time in these places...
- Survey of infectious and parasitic diseases in stray cats at the Lisbon Metropolitan Area, PortugalAna Duarte
Centro de Investigação Interdisciplinar em Sanidade Animal CIISA, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria, TULisbon, Avenida da Universidade Tecnica, 1300 477 Lisboa, Portugal
J Feline Med Surg 12:441-6. 2010..Overall the low frequency of major pathogens suggests a balanced relationship between host and agents...
- Ectoparasites of dogs and cats in AlbaniaDashamir Xhaxhiu
Klinika Veterinare, Bulevardi Gjergj Fishta, Kulla II Jeshile, Ap 3, Tirana, Albania
Parasitol Res 105:1577-87. 2009..The examination of the cats revealed infestation with only one species of ectoparasite, C. felis (prevalence, 100%; geometric mean, 2.5; range, 1-9)...
- Prevalence of endoparasites in household cat (Felis catus) populations from Transylvania (Romania) and association with risk factorsViorica Mircean
University of Agricultural Science and Veterinary Medicine, Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases Department, 3 5 Mănăştur Street, Cod 400372, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Vet Parasitol 171:163-6. 2010..4%). In conclusion the prevalence of endoparasites in household cats from Transylvania is high. Consequently, consideration should be given to the use of anthelmintics and to pet owner education...
- Sites of feline coronavirus persistence in healthy catsAnja Kipar
Veterinary Pathology, School of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, Crown Street, Liverpool L69 7ZJ, UK
J Gen Virol 91:1698-707. 2010..These might represent additional sources for recurrent viraemia...
- Prevalence of fecal-borne parasites detected by centrifugal flotation in feline samples from two shelters in upstate New YorkAraceli Lucio-Forster
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
J Feline Med Surg 13:300-3. 2011..0%), Dipylidium caninum (1.1%), Otodectes species, Toxoplasma-like oocysts and Sarcocystis species (0.8% each), Demodex and Spirometra species (0.4% each), and Alaria species and Felicola subrostratus (0.2% each)...
- Biology, treatment, and control of flea and tick infestationsByron L Blagburn
Department of Pathobiology, 166 Greene Hall, College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn University, Auburn AL 36849 5519, USA
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 39:1173-200, viii. 2009..Many effective host-targeted tick control agents exist, several of which also possess activity against adult or immature fleas and other parasites...
- A study of naturally occurring feline coronavirus infections in kittensD D Addie
Department of Veterinary Pathology, University of Glasgow, Bearsden
Vet Rec 130:133-7. 1992..In this survey, cases of feline infectious peritonitis occurred in kittens from households where the initial presentation had been enteritis and vice versa. Therefore no difference in epidemiology could be found...
- Using naturally occurring tumours in dogs and cats to study telomerase and cancer stem cell biologyLisa Y Pang
University of Edinburgh, Midlothian EH25 9RG, Scotland, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1792:380-91. 2009....
- Efficacy of imidacloprid + moxidectin and selamectin topical solutions against the KS1 Ctenocephalides felis flea strain infesting catsMichael W Dryden
Dept of Diagnostic Medicine Pathobiology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Parasit Vectors 4:174. 2011..The difference in the studies was that in study #1 efficacy evaluations were conducted at 24 and 48 hours post-treatment or post-infestation, and in study #2 evaluations were conducted at 12 and 24 hours...
- High prevalence of toxoplasmosis in cats from Egypt: isolation of viable Toxoplasma gondii, tissue distribution, and isolate designationY M Al-Kappany
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Animal Parasitic Diseases Laboratory, Building 1001, Beltsville, Maryland 20705 2350, USA
J Parasitol 96:1115-8. 2010..The high prevalence of T. gondii in feral cats in Egypt reported here indicates a high environmental contamination with oocysts...
- Feline aelurostrongylosis and canine angiostrongylosis: a challenging diagnosis for two emerging verminous pneumonia infectionsDonato Traversa
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, University of Teramo, Piazza Aldo Moro 45, Teramo 64100, Italy
Vet Parasitol 157:163-74. 2008....
- Comparative speed of kill of selamectin, imidacloprid, and fipronil-(S)-methoprene spot-on formulations against fleas on catsM W Dryden
Department of Diagnostic Medicine Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Vet Ther 6:228-36. 2005..It also demonstrated that selamectin provided the highest level of residual activity on cats against the Kansas 1 flea strain...
- Clindamycin-resistance in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolated from animalsM Rich
Microbiology Department, IDEXX Laboratories, Sandbeck Way, Wetherby, West Yorkshire LS22 7DN, UK
Vet Microbiol 111:237-40. 2005..It has been shown that there is potential for staphylococci to develop resistance to clindamycin whilst on treatment when inducible resistance mechanisms are present. Therefore, routine screening for inducible resistance may be prudent...
- A survey of gastrointestinal helminths in cats of the metropolitan region of Rio de Janeiro, BrazilNorma Labarthe
Departamento de Patologia e Clínica Veterinária, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Rua Vital Brazil Filho 64, Santa Rosa, Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro Cep 24230 340, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 123:133-9. 2004..2%). Twenty seven cats (22.3%) had only A. braziliense and 19 (15.7%) were parasitized only with D. caninum. Among those cats harboring mixed infections A. braziliense and D. caninum were the species more frequently found (P < 0.001)...
- Evaluation of a commercially available human serum amyloid A (SAA) turbidimetric immunoassay for determination of feline SAA concentrationA E Hansen
Central Laboratory, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Vet Res Commun 30:863-72. 2006..In conclusion, the SAA concentration in cats could be measured reliably using the commercially available TIA designed for measuring human SAA, which should facilitate implementation of the parameter for routine diagnostic purposes...
- Rapid identification and differentiation of Bartonella species using a single-step PCR assayW A Jensen
Heska Corporation, Fort Collins, Colorado 80525, USA
J Clin Microbiol 38:1717-22. 2000..The single-step assay described in the report expedites PCR-based detection and differentiation of medically relevant Bartonella species...
- Rapid immunochromatographic test using recombinant SAG2 for detection of antibodies against Toxoplasma gondii in catsXiaohong Huang
National Research Center for Protozoan Diseases, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Hokkaido 080 8555, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 42:351-3. 2004..Evaluation of detection of the antibody in mice and cats suggests that this test is rapid, simple, accurate, relatively inexpensive, and suitable for use under field conditions...
- Molecular epidemiology of feline immunodeficiency virus in the domestic cat (Felis catus)Jessica J Hayward
Bioinformatics Institute, Allan Wilson Centre for Molecular Ecology and Evolution, School of Biological Sciences, The University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 134:68-74. 2010..We studied the tissue distribution of FIV(Fca) in feral domestic cats, finding the first case of FIV compartmentalisation, a phenomenon well documented in HIV-1 patients...
- Cross-sectional study of the prevalence of radiographic degenerative joint disease in domesticated catsB Duncan X Lascelles
Comparative Pain Research Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Vet Surg 39:535-44. 2010..To determine the prevalence of radiographic signs of degenerative joint disease (DJD) in a randomly selected sample of domestic cats...
- Cross-sectional study of the prevalence and clinical features of osteoarthritis in 100 catsL I Slingerland
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Yalelaan 108, 3584 CM Utrecht, The Netherlands
Vet J 187:304-9. 2011..Finally, increased inappropriate elimination was associated with OA (P = 0.046). It was concluded that the prevalence of OA in cats is strikingly high and increases with age. OA in cats seems to be associated with behavioural changes...
- Enteric parasitic zoonoses of domesticated dogs and catsIan D Robertson
Division of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Murdoch University, Murdoch 6150, Western Australia
Microbes Infect 4:867-73. 2002..Some of these parasites, e.g. Echinococcus sp., can have a significant impact on human health. However, with appropriate education, management and anthelmintic regimes, zoonotic transmission of these parasites can be minimised...
- A review of the off-label use of selamectin (Stronghold/Revolution) in dogs and catsMaggie A Fisher
Shernacre Enterprise, Shernacre Cottage, Lower Howsell Road, Malvern, Worcs WR14 1UX, UK
Acta Vet Scand 50:46. 2008..However, to date attempts to treat generalised canine demodicosis have not been successful. In all cases, treatment was apparently well tolerated by the host...
- Feline osteoarthritis: a prospective study of 28 casesS P Clarke
Division of Companion Animal Sciences, Institute of Comparative Medicine, University of Glasgow Veterinary Faculty, Bearsden, Glasgow, Scotland G61 1QH
J Small Anim Pract 47:439-45. 2006..To identify a cohort of cats with clinical osteoarthritis and to report on the clinical signs, the frequency of joints affected and the possible aetiopathogenesis within this population...
- Perspectives on canine and feline hepatozoonosisGad Baneth
School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University, P O Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Vet Parasitol 181:3-11. 2011..Prevention of hepatozoonosis should be based on avoidance of oral ingestion of infected tick vectors and infected prey...
- Prevalence of feline immunodeficiency virus and feline leukaemia virus among client-owned cats and risk factors for infection in GermanySabine E Gleich
Clinic of Small Animal Internal Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Veterinarstrasse 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
J Feline Med Surg 11:985-92. 2009..Median survival time of FIV-infected cats was not significantly different to non-infected cats, whereas FeLV-infected cats had significantly shorter median survival times than non-infected cats...
- Tritrichomonas foetus infection in purebred cats in Germany: prevalence of clinical signs and the role of co-infection with other enteroparasitesKirsten A Kuehner
Clinic of Small Animal Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University, Veterinaerstrasse 13, 80539 Munich, Germany
J Feline Med Surg 13:251-8. 2011..This study demonstrated a high prevalence of symptomatic T foetus infections in purebred cats in Germany. Co-infection with other enteroparasites did not worsen clinical signs of trichomonosis...
- Endoparasites of cats from the Tirana area and the first report on Aelurostrongylus abstrusus (Railliet, 1898) in AlbaniaMartin Knaus
Merial GmbH, Kathrinenhof Research Center, Rohrdorf, Germany
Wien Klin Wochenschr 123:31-5. 2011..In conclusion, the prevalence of endoparasite infection in free-roaming cats in Tirana can be considered to be high. The occurrence of A. abstrusus, which may cause respiratory distress in cats, is reported for the first time in Albania...
- Efficacy and safety of imidacloprid 10%/moxidectin 1% spot-on formulation in the treatment of feline aelurostrongylosisDonato Traversa
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Teramo, Italy
Parasitol Res 105:S55-62. 2009..Future practical perspectives in feline medicine and the major advantages of the spot-on product compared to the oral paste are discussed...
- Transmission of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus pseudintermedius between infected dogs and cats and contact pets, humans and the environment in households and veterinary clinicsE van Duijkeren
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, PO Box 80165, 3508 TD Utrecht, Netherlands
Vet Microbiol 150:338-43. 2011....
- Screening of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus intermedius, and Staphylococcus schleiferi isolates obtained from small companion animals for antimicrobial resistance: a retrospective review of 749 isolates (2003-04)Daniel O Morris
Department of Clinical Studies Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, 3900 Delancey St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Vet Dermatol 17:332-7. 2006..Therefore, to avoid selecting for resistant strains in cases of suspected staphylococcal infection, clinicians should consider culture and susceptibility testing early in the course of treatment...
- Molecular detection of a Hepatozoon species in stray cats from a feline colony in North-eastern SpainA Ortuño
Departamento de Sanidad y Anatomia Animales, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Vet J 177:134-5. 2008..Cat isolates were 100% identical to the isolate Hepatozoon spp. (Spain 2) from Southern Spain. This is the first time that Hepatozoon spp. has been identified in cats from Northern Spain...
- Efficacy and safety of emodepside 2.1%/praziquantel 8.6% spot-on formulation in the treatment of feline aelurostrongylosisDonato Traversa
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Teramo, Italy
Parasitol Res 105:S83-9. 2009..Future practical perspectives in feline medicine and the major advantages of the spot-on product compared to the oral paste are discussed...
- A case of mistaken identity--reappraisal of the species of canid and felid hookworms (Ancylostoma) present in Australia and IndiaR J Traub
School of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Division of Health Sciences, Murdoch University, South Street, Murdoch WA 6150, Australia
Parasitology 134:113-9. 2007..The distribution of A. braziliense and A. ceylanicum in the Americas and Asia Pacific region is discussed together with the importance of combining parasite morphology with genetic data for parasite diagnosis in epidemiological studies...
- Efficacy of a milbemycin oxime-praziquantel combination product against adult and immature stages of Toxocara cati in cats and kittens after induced infectionR Schenker
Novartis Animal Health Inc, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Vet Parasitol 145:90-3. 2007..90%. No adverse effects were recorded during either study. It is concluded that the milbemycin oxime-praziquantel tablets that were used are efficacious for the control of T. cati infections in cats...
- Can domestic cats be considered reservoir hosts of zoonotic leishmaniasis?Carla Maia
Unidade de Parasitologia Médica, Centro de Malária e Doenças Tropicais, Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Rua da Junqueira, Portugal
Trends Parasitol 27:341-4. 2011..Nonetheless, their role as reservoir hosts is still controversial...
- Results of a European multicentric field efficacy study of fipronil-(S) methoprene combination on flea infestation of dogs and cats during 2009 summerF Beugnet
Merial, 29, Avenue Tony Garnier, 69007 Lyon, France
Parasite 17:337-42. 2010..These results are similar or better to previous studies, indicating the continuous high level of efficacy for fipronil 10 years after launch...
- Gastrointestinal parasites of feral cats from Christmas IslandP J Adams
Division of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Murdoch University, WA, Australia
Aust Vet J 86:60-3. 2008..To investigate the gastrointestinal parasites present in feral cats on Christmas Island, with particular interest in the protozoan parasite Toxoplasma gondii...
- Comparative vaccine-specific and other injectable-specific risks of injection-site sarcomas in catsAnup Srivastav
Department of Population Health and Reproduction, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 241:595-602. 2012..To compare associations between vaccine types and other injectable drugs with development of injection-site sarcomas in cats...
- Factors influencing heartworm, flea, and tick preventative use in patients presenting to a veterinary teaching hospitalMaureen C Gates
School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 3800 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, United States
Prev Vet Med 93:193-200. 2010..05) associated with preventative use in the multivariate analysis. Findings from this study emphasize target areas for increasing owner compliance...
- Radiographic evaluation of feline appendicular degenerative joint disease vs. Macroscopic appearance of articular cartilageMila Freire
College of Veterinary Medicine, 4700 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 52:239-47. 2011..Our data support radiographic findings not relating well to cartilage degeneration, and that other modalities should be evaluated to aid in making a diagnosis of feline DJD...
- Efficacy of selamectin and fipronil-(S)-methoprene spot-on formulations applied to cats against adult cat fleas (Ctenocephalides felis), flea eggs, and adult flea emergenceMichael Dryden
Department of Diagnostic Medicine Pathology, Colleg of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66503, USA
Vet Ther 8:255-62. 2007..For the most part, both products significantly impacted larval and adult emergence for the entire 6-week study, with fipronil-(S)-methoprene providing significantly greater reduction in larval and adult emergence at week 6...
- High prevalence of helminth parasites in feral cats in Majorca Island (Spain)Javier Millan
Sanitat i Control de Fauna Wildlife Health and Control, Conselleria de Medi Ambient, Govern de les Illes Balears Fundacio Natura Parc, 07142, Santa Eugènia Balearic Islands, Spain
Parasitol Res 106:183-8. 2009..acanthotetra than cats from other groups. These and other findings are discussed in relation with host ecology. Feral cats serve as reservoirs of helminths in the countryside of Majorca and their populations should be controlled...
- Canine Brain Tumors - A New Model for Gene DiscoveryMatthew Breen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Characterization of these genetic loci will help to improve the definition of molecular risk and prognosis of human and canine brain tumors, with a potentially major impact on human health. ..
- c-Kit Mutations and Their Role in Tumor BiologyCheryl London; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- SENSORY AND SYMPATHETIC EFFECTS ON INTERSTITIAL CYSTITISCHARLES BUFFINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Role of Gene Expression in Interstitial CystitisCHARLES BUFFINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENETIC RESOURCES FOR NON-HUMAN PRIMATESLeslie Lyons; Fiscal Year: 2007..The rationale for this approach is that many primate researchers are unaware of the current primate resources and are unfamiliar with the use and advantages of genetics because it is outside their areas of expertise. ..
- Feline Model of an Inherited Craniofacial AbnormalityLeslie Lyons; Fiscal Year: 2004..Once identified, mutation analyses of these genes in the cat or other species will lead to understanding the genetics of facial development in humans. ..
- Nitogen reduction and xenobiotic responseLauren A Trepanier; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate goal of these studies is to find better ways to prevent these adverse reactions. ..
- NO& Epithelial Repair in CryptosporidiosisJody Gookin; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- AUTOSOMAL MECHANISMS OF TESTIS INDUCTIONVICKI MEYERS WALLEN; Fiscal Year: 2005..At the end of this grant period, we will have identified the gene causing this disorder and the step in the testis pathway that is altered by the mutation in timing, quantity, or location of gene expression. ..
- Interdisciplinary Research Training for VeterinariansLisa Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2008..These evaluations, continued refinement, and the commitment of the program faculty will help to ensure that this becomes a self-sustaining program. ..
- Role of iNOS and CAT-2 in defense against CP infectionJody Gookin; Fiscal Year: 2006..parvum infection. The PI is presently in the 3rd year of a 5-year K08 from NIDDK. These studies are anticipated to generate key preliminary data for the PI's first R01 application ..
- Enteric flora modulates the development of colitisAlbert Jergens; Fiscal Year: 2008..g., graduate students and postdoctoral fellow). There are ample opportunities to attend seminars, journal clubs and work-in-progress research meetings during which the applicant can become engaged in scientific discussions. ..
- MRI, MIT, and MRS of MPS VII and Krabbe DiseaseCharles Vite; Fiscal Year: 2003..x0a; ..
- Resistant E.coli in Humans and PoultryJames Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Does the research address a current and compelling problem of antimicrobial resistance that is of high public health importance and for which research is needed? [yes]. ..
- Environmental Risk Factors and Canine Malignant LymphomaElizabeth Bertone Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Because dogs and their human owners share a common environment within the household, results from this study will have direct relevance to the on-going effort to identify factors that may increase risk of human NHL. ..
- IMPROVED METHODS FOR IN VIVO HEPATIC GENE THERAPYKATHERINE PONDER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Success in this project might lead to a safe, effective, and permanent therapy for genetic deficiencies that involve proteins synthesized by the liver. ..
- ANTIGEN PRESENTATION IN MALARIA INFECTIONAnne Avery; Fiscal Year: 2002..This is particularly important when planning vaccine strategies for endemic areas, where vaccines are likely to already harbor a malaria infection which could alter the way their immune system handles antigen. ..
- Alloantigen exposure influences infection thresholdMARY BURKHARD; Fiscal Year: 2006..Because these therapies would work in a virus non-specific manner, they would have potential use at the population level against multiple virus subtypes. ..
- Influenza-pneumococcal synergism: role of neuraminidaseJonathan McCullers; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Nipah Virus Marker Vaccine and Companion Diagnostic TestJames Roth; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Pathobiology of SAIDS-Associated LymphomasLaura Levy; Fiscal Year: 2006..A clear understanding of the mechanisms by which these cytokines effect positive and negative growth regulation of 1) lymphoma cells could contribute to the development of therapeutic agents that modulate their action. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF DISEASE IN MUCOPOLYSACCHARIDOSIS I AND VIIKatherine P Ponder; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies may demonstrate that the development of disease in the aorta and the cervical spine in MPS is due to a common mechanism, and may identify a therapy for these difficult-to-treat sites. ..
- The molecular basis for an animal model of inherited hyperuricosuriaDanika Bannasch; Fiscal Year: 2007..The elucidation of a novel gene function should provide new avenues of investigation for the treatment of the human condition. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gene Transfer Therapy for Alport SyndromeGeorge Lees; Fiscal Year: 2007..It will also lay the foundation for gene transfer therapy of other glomerular iseases. ..
- CELL ASSOCIATED FIV--VAGINAL TRANSMISSION AND PROTECTIONMARY BURKHARD; Fiscal Year: 2003..Vaginal challenge with cell-associated FIV will test the correlates of protection. ..
- Lethal synergism between influenza and pneumococcusJonathan McCullers; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Cell-FIV: Mucosal transmission and interventionMARY BURKHARD; Fiscal Year: 2005..Vaginal challenge with cell-associated FIV will test the correlates of protection. ..
- PROTON LEAK, OXIDATIVE STRESS, AND ENERGY RESTRICTIONJon Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2003..The premise is that Caloric Restriction (CR), hypothyroidism, and modulation of dietary fat will decrease mitochondrial permeability (i.e. proton leak), therefore decreasing molecular Oxygen consumption, and presumably oxidative stress. ..
- Stromal Stem Cells for Therapy of the GangliosidosesDouglas Martin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Kittens with the gangliosidoses will be evaluated for progression of neurological, hepatic and thymic disease. Mechanisms by which stem cell transplantation may alter the course of the gangliosidoses will be studied. ..
- GENE THERAPY FOR BLOOD PROTEIN DEFICIENCIESKATHERINE PONDER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Success in this project might lead to a safe, effective, and permanent therapy for Hemophilia B. ..
- Influence of cell-bound Stx on cytokine productionSHANNON HOSTETTER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2nd Orthomyxoviruses Research ConferenceJonathan McCullers; Fiscal Year: 2003..The purpose of this proposal is to provide funds that will allow promising young investigators to interact with their peers and develop a commitment to this area of research. ..
- Oxidative Stress and Nerve Pathology in DiabetesAndrew Mizisin; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Synergism Between Influenza Virus and PneumococcusJonathan McCullers; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- 3rd Orthomyxoviruses Research ConferenceJonathan McCullers; Fiscal Year: 2005..The purpose of this proposal is to provide funds that will allow promising young investigators to interact with their peers and develop a commitment to this area of research. ..
- Bordetella virulence gene regulation in mammalian hostsRajendar Deora; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Canine model for assessing CNS access P-gp substratesKATRINA MEALEY; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Carboxylated polysaccharides for drug delivery to the eyeWendy Townsend; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ocular Gel has the potential to improve both the effectiveness of ophthalmic drugs and increase patient compliance, for glaucoma as well as many other ocular conditions. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treatment for Canine Diabetic CataractsMilton Wyman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Natural History of Borrelia lonestariSusan Little; Fiscal Year: 2006..S., enhancing public health efforts in those areas where people are risk of infection; reduction in human disease from these pathogens should result. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- THE ROLE OF DENDRITIC CELLS IN IMMUNITY TO FIV INFECTIONWENDY SPRAGUE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results of these DC-based vaccine studies will provide useful proof-of-principle information regarding the induction of protective immunity immunodeficiency virus infections. ..
- Role of Mucosal Immunity in Vaccine ProtectionKRISTINA HOWARD; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Nitric oxide in bladder neural-epithelial signalingLori Birder; Fiscal Year: 2005..Elucidation of mechanisms impacting on urothelial function may provide insights into the pathology of bladder dysfunction. ..
- Regulation of capacitative calcium entry in porcine oocytesZoltan Machaty; Fiscal Year: 2008..By using the animals with specific genetic alterations it will be possible to better understand the mechanism of diseases and develop new and effective therapies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..