Genomes and Genes
Summary: Pathophysiological conditions of the FETUS in the UTERUS. Some fetal diseases may be treated with FETAL THERAPIES.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications250 found, 100 shown here
- Long-term outcomes in children treated by prenatal vesicoamniotic shunting for lower urinary tract obstructionJean Marc Biard
Center for Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment, at The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4399, USA
Obstet Gynecol 106:503-8. 2005..Limited information is available about long-term outcomes in children treated prenatally for lower urinary tract obstruction. Our aim was to evaluate outcomes in children treated in utero with vesicoamniotic shunts...
- Systematic review of the effectiveness of antenatal intervention for the treatment of congenital lower urinary tract obstructionR K Morris
School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
BJOG 117:382-90. 2010..Congenital lower urinary tract obstruction is associated with high mortality and morbidity. Antenatal detection has improved with advances in ultrasound technology, and has allowed the option of antenatal intervention...
- Intrauterine inflammation, insufficient to induce parturition, still evokes fetal and neonatal brain injuryMichal A Elovitz
Maternal and Child Health Research Program, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Center for Research in Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 421 Curie Blvd, 1354 BRB 2 3, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6142, United States
Int J Dev Neurosci 29:663-71. 2011..Subclinical intrauterine inflammation can lead to fetal brain injury and is likely to be mechanistically associated with long term adverse outcomes for exposed offspring...
- PLUTO trial protocol: percutaneous shunting for lower urinary tract obstruction randomised controlled trialMark Kilby
BJOG 114:904-5, e1-4. 2007..FUNDING: Wellbeing of Women. ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE: September 2010. TRIAL ALGORITHM: [flowchart: see text]...
- Diagnosis and outcome of fetal lower urinary tract obstruction in the northern region of EnglandDilly O Anumba
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Prenat Diagn 25:7-13. 2005..We reviewed the prenatal and postnatal management of fetal lower urinary tract obstruction (LUTO) in a large geographically defined population...
- Antenatal ultrasound to predict postnatal renal function in congenital lower urinary tract obstruction: systematic review of test accuracyR K Morris
The School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine Reproduction, Genes and Development, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
BJOG 116:1290-9. 2009..Congenital urinary tract obstruction can lead to perinatal mortality and morbidity. Assessing antenatal ultrasound features may help identify fetuses likely to suffer complications...
- The natural history of fetomaternal alloimmunization to the platelet-specific antigen HPA-1a (PlA1, Zwa) as determined by antenatal screeningL M Williamson
Division of Transfusion Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Blood 92:2280-7. 1998..HPA-1a and HLA-DRB3*0101 typing combined with anti-HPA-1a titration allows selection of the majority of pregnancies at risk of severe thrombocytopenia...
- Fetoscopic and ultrasound-guided decompression of the fetal trachea in a human fetus with Fraser syndrome and congenital high airway obstruction syndrome (CHAOS) from laryngeal atresiaT Kohl
German Center for Fetal Surgery and Minimally Invasive Therapy, Department of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 27:84-8; discussion 88. 2006..The procedure may also result in normalization of heart : lung size and provide the time needed to regain the function of the overstretched diaphragm in this grave fetal condition...
- Diagnostic accuracy of post-mortem magnetic resonance imaging in fetuses, children and adults: a systematic reviewSudhin Thayyil
Centre for Cardiovascular Imaging, UCL Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Eur J Radiol 75:e142-8. 2010..Well designed, large, prospective studies are required to evaluate the accuracy of post-mortem MR imaging, before it can be offered as a clinical tool...
- Transgenic mice overproducing human thioredoxin-1, an antioxidative and anti-apoptotic protein, prevents diabetic embryopathyY Kamimoto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie, Japan
Diabetologia 53:2046-55. 2010..Using transgenic mice that overproduce human TRX-1 (TRX-Tg mice), we examined whether oxidative stress is involved in fetal dysmorphogenesis in diabetic pregnancies...
- Activation of oxidative stress signaling that is implicated in apoptosis with a mouse model of diabetic embryopathyPeixin Yang
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:130.e1-7. 2008..To establish a link between oxidative stress signaling and diabetic embryopathy, levels of phosphorylated-p66Shc (which is a key signaling molecule that mediates oxidative stress-induced apoptosis) were evaluated...
- Hereditary fetal brain degeneration resembling fetal brain disruption sequence in two sibshipsAaltje Schram
Department of Clinical Genetics, University Hospital Groningen, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Med Genet A 127:172-82. 2004..In case of sib recurrence the term FBDS should be avoided since a disruption sequence indicates an exogenous and sporadic cause of the disorder...
- Atrioventricular conduction time in fetuses assessed by Doppler echocardiographyV Tomek
Kardiocentrum and Cardiovascular Research Centre, University Hospital Motol, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 60:611-6. 2011..One of 21 fetuses of mothers with positive autoantibodies was affected by prolonged atrioventricular interval according to the established limits, with sinus rhythm after the birth...
- Oxidative stress-induced JNK1/2 activation triggers proapoptotic signaling and apoptosis that leads to diabetic embryopathyXuezheng Li
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Diabetes 61:2084-92. 2012..Our results show that JNK1 and JNK2 are equally involved in diabetic embryopathy and that the oxidative stress-JNK1/2-caspase pathway mediates the proapoptotic signals and the teratogenicity of maternal diabetes...
- Infants of diabetic mothers: the effects of hyperglycemia on the fetus and neonateLaura L Barnes-Powell
Banner Desert Medical Center, Banner Desert Children s Hospital, Mesa, AZ 85202, USA
Neonatal Netw 26:283-90. 2007..Preconception control of diabetes and monitoring throughout pregnancy are important in reducing the impact of diabetes on the fetus and newborn...
- Hydrops fetalis associated with chorioangioma and thrombosis of umbilical veinErcan Sivasli
Unit of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 51:515-8. 2009..This is the first report of coexistence of non-immune hydrops fetalis with placental chorioangioma and thrombosis of an umbilical vein varix...
- Ultrasonographic diagnosis of Jarcho-Levin syndrome at 20 weeks' gestation in a fetus without previous family historyMaría del Río Holgado
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, ICGON, Barcelona, Spain
Fetal Diagn Ther 20:136-40. 2005..To the best of our knowledge there is only one case reported in the literature of a prenatal diagnosis of the syndrome in a family with low risk for the condition...
- Fetal intestinal obstruction induces alteration of enteric nervous system development in human intestinal atresiaNaziha Khen
INSERM E 0212, Faculty Necker, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Pediatr Res 56:975-80. 2004..They point to the role of peristalsis in normal gut development and suggest that stimulation of peristalsis might be used to accelerate recovery...
- Experimental treatment of bilateral fetal chylothorax using in-utero pleurodesisY S Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 39:56-62. 2012..To assess the use and efficacy of in-utero pleurodesis for experimental treatment of bilateral fetal chylothorax...
- Brain injury caused by chronic fetal hypoxemia is mediated by inflammatory cascade activationRong Guo
Department of Pathophysiology, Xian JiaoTong University School of Medicine, Xian, Shannxi, PR China
Reprod Sci 17:540-8. 2010..We suggest CHX fetal brain injury is not directly caused by oxygen deprivation but rather is an adaptive response that becomes maladaptive...
- Surgical experimental jejunoileal atresia in rat embryoNaziha Khen-Dunlop
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, 75015 Paris, France
J Pediatr Surg 44:1725-9. 2009..To specify the physiopathologic feature of jejunoileal atresia, we developed an experimental surgical model in fetal rat...
- Predictive value of sequential maternal anti-HPA-1a antibody concentrations for the severity of fetal alloimmune thrombocytopeniaG Bertrand
INTS, Platelet Immunology Unit, Paris, France
J Thromb Haemost 4:628-37. 2006..Until now, the fetal status can only be assessed by fetal blood sampling, which carries a risk of fetal loss or premature delivery...
- A normal second-trimester ultrasound does not exclude intracranial structural pathologyG Malinger
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Sackler, School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 20:51-6. 2002..To report the prenatal diagnosis and management of 34 fetuses with various intracranial structural pathologies diagnosed following a normal second-trimester ultrasound examination...
- Perinatal mortality: clinical value of postmortem magnetic resonance imaging compared with autopsy in routine obstetric practiceMarianne E Alderliesten
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, OLVG Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BJOG 110:378-82. 2003..To compare postmortem magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with autopsy in perinatal deaths. To determine the acceptance and feasibility of postmortem perinatal MRI...
- Posterior urethral valves: inaccuracy of prenatal diagnosisJ F Abbott
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 13:179-83. 1998..We conclude that in utero evidence of megacystis and hydronephrosis with or without oligohydramnios is not diagnostic of posterior urethral valves...
- Clinical aspects and typing of platelet alloantigensH Kroll
Institute for Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Vox Sang 74:345-54. 1998..Generation of antibodies from phage display libraries and of lymphoblastoid cell lines from donors with all genetic variants will allow further developments...
- Components of the systemic fetal inflammatory response syndrome as predictors of impaired neurologic outcomes in childrenRobert Mittendorf
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:1438-4; discussion 1444-6. 2003..The purpose of this study was to compare interleukin-6 and funisitis as predictors of impaired neurologic outcomes in children by performing a secondary analysis on data that were collected prospectively for another purpose...
- Defining the pathogenesis and pathophysiology of neonatal encephalopathy and cerebral palsyGary D V Hankins
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0587, USA
Obstet Gynecol 102:628-36. 2003..Other criteria that together suggest intrapartum timing are also discussed...
- [Cardiac rhabdomyoma and apoptosis: are regression controlled by the body?]D Satge
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, CHG de Tulle
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 85:603-8. 1992..Regression of rhabdomyomas may be compared with other observations of benign and malignant tumours which show spontaneous involution in early life. Medical treatment is advisable even in the absence of life-threatening symptoms...
- Decreased glucose transporter expression triggers BAX-dependent apoptosis in the murine blastocystM M Chi
Departments of Obstetrics Gynecology and Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 275:40252-7. 2000....
- Fetal ovarian cysts: prenatal diagnosis, management and postnatal outcomeK S Heling
Fetal Medicine Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Berlin, Germany
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 20:47-50. 2002..Analyzing our own patient population we investigated whether there was a connection between sonographic parameters and postnatal course, especially with regard to the need for surgical intervention...
- Initial fetal platelet counts predict the response to intravenous gammaglobulin therapy in fetuses that are affected by PLA1 incompatibilityS Gaddipati
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Science, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 185:976-80. 2001..The characteristics of the previous sibling, as previously reported, did not predict the initial fetal blood sampling, the second fetal blood sampling, or the response to treatment...
- Intrapartum fetal stimulation tests: a meta-analysisDaniel W Skupski
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens, Flushing, New York 11355, USA
Obstet Gynecol 99:129-34. 2002..To assess the performance of stimulation tests for the prediction of intrapartum fetal acidemia...
- Signs of first-degree heart block occur in one-third of fetuses of pregnant women with anti-SSA/Ro 52-kd antibodiesSven Erik Sonesson
Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 50:1253-61. 2004..To prospectively investigate the development of fetal heart block in anti-SSA/Ro 52-kd-positive women, and to evaluate the usefulness of serial Doppler echocardiography in detecting early signs of congenital heart block...
- New treatment of early fetal chylothoraxUlrikka Nygaard
Department of Neonatology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Obstet Gynecol 109:1088-92. 2007..To evaluate OK-432, a preparation of Streptococcus pyogenes, in the treatment of early fetal chylothorax...
- Timing of prenatal stressors and autismD Q Beversdorf
Department of Neurology, Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 35:471-8. 2005..Future prospective studies would be needed to confirm this finding...
- Fetal OK-432 pleurodesis: complete or incomplete?M Chen
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 26:791-3. 2005
- Wnt signaling in caudal dysgenesis and diabetic embryopathyGabriela Pavlinkova
Department of Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 82:710-9. 2008..Given that there is also an at least threefold higher risk for heart defects and NTDs, it is important to identify the underlying molecular mechanisms for aberrant embryonic development...
- First-trimester screening for trisomies 21 and 18Ronald Wapner
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
N Engl J Med 349:1405-13. 2003..First-trimester markers of aneuploidy have been developed, but their use in combination has not been adequately evaluated in clinical practice...
- Lower extremity neuromotor function and short-term ambulatory potential following in utero myelomeningocele surgeryEnrico Danzer
Center for Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 25:47-53. 2009..To evaluate lower extremity neuromotor function (LENF) and short-term ambulatory potential following fetal myelomeningocele (fMMC) closure...
- Fetal hemolytic anemia and intrauterine death caused by anti-M immunizationAgneta Wikman
Division of Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Neonatal Unit, Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Transfusion 47:911-7. 2007..Antibodies with anti-M specificity are detected in 10 percent of pregnant women with a positive antibody screen, but anti-M is only rarely associated with hemolytic anemia in the fetus...
- Sacrococcygeal teratomas: prenatal surveillance, growth and pregnancy outcomeR Douglas Wilson
Fetal Heart Program, The Center for Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 25:15-20. 2009..Prenatal surveillance and growth characteristics are evaluated in a cohort of fetuses with sacrococcygeal teratomas (SCT) as part of risk assessment...
- Regulation of fetal growth by the somatotrophic axisPeter D Gluckman
The Liggins Institute, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
J Nutr 133:1741S-1746S. 2003..Thus, fetal growth not only reflects the immediate fetal environment but events surrounding conception and embryonic life...
- Intrauterine therapy for parvovirus B19 infected symptomatic fetus using B19 IgG-rich high titer gammaglobulinHideo Matsuda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, Saitama Prefecture, Japan
J Perinat Med 33:561-3. 2005..Gammaglobulin injection into the peritoneal cavity is thus useful for treating hydrops fetalis while avoiding intrauterine blood-transfusion risks...
- Long-term transgene expression by administration of a lentivirus-based vector to the fetal circulation of immuno-competent miceS N Waddington
Gene Therapy Research Group, Division of Biomedical Sciences, Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine, London, UK
Gene Ther 10:1234-40. 2003..We thus provide proof of principle for efficient gene delivery and persistent transgene expression after prenatal application of the EIAV vector and its potential for permanent correction of genetic diseases...
- Hydrothorax treated in utero and monitored by fetal echocardiographyMaciej Słodki
Department of Diagnosis and Prevention of Congenital Malformation, Medical University and Polish Mother s Memorial Hospital Research Institute in Lodz, Poland
Ginekol Pol 80:386-9. 2009..If there are no complications such as premature rupture of the membranes and preterm delivery, fetal echocardiography is a sufficient way of monitoring fetal well-being and the results of intrauterine procedures...
- Foetal surgery and cleft lip and palate: current status and new perspectivesN A Papadopulos
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Ismaningerstrasse 22, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Br J Plast Surg 58:593-607. 2005..In spite of all efforts, however, it must be considered that it may not ever be possible to find the optimal treatment method for this or other craniofacial malformations...
- Prenatal stem cell transplantation and gene therapyMatthew T Santore
Department of Surgery, Children s Center for Fetal Research, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Abramson Research Building, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4318, USA
Clin Perinatol 36:451-71, xi. 2009..The article also reviews the experimental data that support the capacity of IUHCT to induce donor-specific tolerance...
- A novel approach to intrauterine viral inoculation of swine using PCV type 2 as a modelKyoung Jin Yoon
Department of Veterinary Diagnostic and Production Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Theriogenology 61:1025-37. 2004..In conclusion, ultrasound needle-guided transabdominal injection was a safe and efficient method for IU inoculation of virus in pigs...
- Maternal infection and adverse fetal and neonatal outcomesRobert L Goldenberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1500 6th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Clin Perinatol 32:523-59. 2005..Bacterial vaginosis and its associated intrauterine infections likely contribute far more to the overall burden of adverse pregnancy outcomes than the more classical perinatal infections such as rubella and syphilis...
- The fetal cleft palate: IV. Midfacial growth and bony palatal development following in utero and neonatal repair of the congenital caprine modelJeffrey Weinzweig
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Lahey Clinic Medical Center, Burlington, Mass 01805, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 118:81-93. 2006....
- Recent developments in fetal medicineSailesh Kumar
Centre for Fetal Care, Queen Charlotte s and Chelsea Hospital, Imperial College London, Du Cane Road, London W12 0HS
BMJ 328:1002-6. 2004
- Intrauterine therapy for a cytomegalovirus-infected symptomatic fetusHideo Matsuda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
BJOG 111:756-7. 2004
- First-trimester septated cystic hygroma: prevalence, natural history, and pediatric outcomeFergal D Malone
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Obstet Gynecol 106:288-94. 2005..To estimate prevalence, natural history, and outcome of septated cystic hygroma in the first trimester in the general obstetric population, and to differentiate this finding from simple increased nuchal translucency...
- Cell-free fetal DNA in the maternal circulation and its future uses in obstetricsR Douglas Wilson
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 27:54-62. 2005..To provide an introduction to new technologies involving maternal plasma cell-free fetal DNA for non-invasive prenatal diagnosis and screening in obstetrics...
- Infants of diabetic mothersJoan L Nold
Department of Pediatrics and Child Development, University of Minnesota, MMC 39, 420 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 51:619-37, viii. 2004..Clinicians must continue to have a high degree of suspicion for the diagnosis of diabetes during gestation and screen offspring of women with gestational diabetes for neonatal sequelae...
- Evaluation of a decision aid for prenatal testing of fetal abnormalities: a cluster randomised trial [ISRCTN22532458]Cate Nagle
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Flemington Road, Parkville, Victoria, 3052, Australia
BMC Public Health 6:96. 2006..This study aims to test whether a decision aid for prenatal testing of fetal abnormalities, when compared to a pamphlet, improves women's informed decision-making and decreases decisional conflict...
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital epulis by three-dimensional ultrasound and magnetic resonance imagingSun Kwon Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Prenat Diagn 26:171-4. 2006..This is a short case report of congenital epulis diagnosed prenatally by 3-D ultrasound using multislice view and MRI...
- Fetal magnetic resonance imagingD Levine
Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 15:85-94. 2004..This review describes the history of fetal MRI, discusses current applications and mentions developments on the horizon...
- Fetal and neonatal cardiac tumorsH Isaacs
Department of Pathology, Children s Hospital San Diego, 3020 Children s Way, MC 5007, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 25:252-73. 2004....
- Differential diagnosis in fetuses with absent septum pellucidumG Malinger
Fetal Neurology Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon 58100, Israel
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:42-9. 2005..To elucidate the characteristic morphological features that may help in the prenatal differential diagnosis of absent septum pellucidum as demonstrated by ultrasound...
- Sonographic findings of prenatal torsion of ovarian lymphangiomaChangsuk Park
Department of Radiology, Our Lady of Mercy Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, College of Medicine, Bupyeong gu, Incheon 403 720, Korea
J Clin Ultrasound 33:421-3. 2005..We report a case of ovarian torsion in utero secondary to an ovarian lymphangioma in which sonographic examination revealed a changing pattern of the cystic ovarian mass from an anechoic to echogenic appearance...
- Prediction of fetal anemia in rhesus disease by measurement of fetal middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocityM Scheier
Harris Birthright Research Centre for Fetal Medicine, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 23:432-6. 2004..The aim of the present study was to examine further the possible value of fetal middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity (MCA-PSV) in the management of affected pregnancies...
- Review of the first 1502 cases of ECG-ST waveform analysis during labour in a teaching hospitalV Doria
Clinical Developmental Sciences, Section of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St George s University of London, London, UK
BJOG 114:1202-7. 2007..To assess the impact of introduction of the STAN monitoring system...
- Fetal and neonatal ovarian cysts: is surgery indicated?Marie Emmanuelle Monnery-Noché
Department of Pediatric Surgery, AP HP, Armand Trousseau Children s Hospital, Paris, France
Prenat Diagn 28:15-20. 2008..To evaluate the frequency of ovarian torsion in neonates with ovarian cysts (OCs) and to analyze the outcome after surgical treatment...
- Ultrasonographic diagnosis of fetal seizures: a case report and review of the literatureI M Usta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
BJOG 114:1031-3. 2007
- Sonographic appearance of ruptured ovarian cyst in the neonatal periodThomas A Gallagher
Department of Radiology, Loyola University Medical Center and Stritch School of Medicine, 2160 S First Ave, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Clin Ultrasound 36:53-5. 2008..The main sonographic features include complicated ascites and a collapsed cystic structure in the abdomen. Ruptured ovarian cyst should be included in the differential diagnosis of unexplained ascites in a newborn girl...
- MR imaging appearance of laryngeal atresia (congenital high airway obstruction syndrome): unique course in a fetusShigeko Kuwashima
Department of Radiology, Dokkyo Medical University, 880 Kitakobayashi, Mibu, Shimotsuga gun, Tochigi 321 0273, Japan
Pediatr Radiol 38:344-7. 2008..This spontaneous regression was explained by a tracheo-oesophageal fistula that may have decreased the intrathoracic pressure...
- ST analysisI Ingemarsson
BJOG 114:1445. 2007
- Foetal and neonatal ovarian cysts: a 5-year experienceNicola Zampieri
Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Verona, Policlinico G B Rossi, Piazzale Scuro n 1, 37134, Verona, Italy
Arch Gynecol Obstet 277:303-6. 2008..The aim of this study is to highlight the problems posed by the prenatal diagnosis of abdominal cysts in order to outline the most appropriate therapeutic approach in case of suspected ovarian cysts...
- Fetal magnetic resonance imaging: indications, technique, anatomical considerations and a review of fetal abnormalitiesBirgit Ertl-Wagner
Department of Radiology, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Eur Radiol 12:1931-40. 2002..In all fetal MR imaging, every aspect of fetal anatomy has to be scrutinized. Subsequently, any abnormalities need to be described and classified. A close collaboration with the referring obstetrician is of paramount importance...
- Successful fetal intervention for congenital high airway obstruction syndromeBenita W Paek
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, Calif 94143 0570, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 17:272-6. 2002..Complete congenital high airway obstruction syndrome (CHAOS) usually leads to stillbirth or death within minutes of delivery. We describe the management and long-term follow-up of a baby with a prenatally diagnosed airway obstruction...
- Prediction of fetal anemia by Doppler of the middle cerebral artery and descending thoracic aortaDavid Pares
Fetal Medicine Unit, Obstetrics Department, São Paulo Federal University Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arch Gynecol Obstet 278:27-31. 2008..This study aimed to evaluate the accuracy of MCA-PSV associated with DTA-MV in the prediction of fetal anemia...
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital mesoblastic nephromaI Goldstein
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 19:209-11. 2002
- Clinical and epidemiologic observations of bovine viral diarrhea virus in the northwestern United StatesJames F Evermann
Washington Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
Vet Microbiol 89:129-39. 2002..BVDV1b was intermediate, followed by BVDV2, which was associated more with early infections (45%) and less with late infections (55%) when compared with BVDV1a and BVDV1b...
- Ultrafast fetal MRI and prenatal diagnosisAnne M Hubbard
Department of Radiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Semin Pediatr Surg 12:143-53. 2003..MRI provides important anatomic information that helps in planning delivery and surgical procedures...
- Prenatal tracheal obstruction due to double aortic arch: a potential mimic of congenital high airway obstruction syndromeDorothy J Shum
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, Box 0628, M 372, 505 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:W82-5. 2007
- Fetal magnetic resonance imaging: a reviewSherelle Laifer-Narin
Columbia University New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York 10032, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 19:151-6. 2007..To describe advances in magnetic resonance technology and the current indications and advantages of magnetic resonance imaging that have led to increased utilization in fetal medicine...
- A case of congenital high airway obstruction syndrome managed by ex utero intrapartum treatment: case report and review of the literatureFumi Shimabukuro
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa, Japan
Am J Perinatol 24:197-201. 2007..However, management of the airway, particularly with regard to long-term reconstruction in children with CHAOS, remains challenging...
- Four cases of fetal hypoechoic hepatomegaly associated with Trisomy 21 and transient abnormal myelopoiesisAkira Kikuchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Prenat Diagn 27:665-9. 2007..Our objective was to determine the clinical significance of fetal hypoechoic hepatomegaly and serial change of liver sizes...
- Limitations of ST analysis in clinical practice: three cases of intrapartum metabolic acidosisM E M H Westerhuis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
BJOG 114:1194-201. 2007..To examine detailed intrapartum events in cases of neonatal metabolic acidosis despite monitoring using STAN (cardiotocography [CTG] plus ST waveform analysis of fetal electrocardiogram [ECG])...
- Cystic anomalies of biliary tree in the fetus: is it possible to make a more specific prenatal diagnosis?G Casaccia
Neonatal Surgery Unit, Department of Medical and Surgical Neonatology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, and the ECO B I Fetal Diagnosis Center, Rome, Italy
J Pediatr Surg 37:1191-4. 2002..The aim of this study was to analyze retrospectively prenatal ultrasound patterns of 5 consecutive subhepatic cysts in an effort to differentiate the BCM before birth and onset of symptoms...
- Porcine circovirus 2 infection in swine foetuses inoculated at different stages of gestationR E Sanchez
Laboratory of Virology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, B-9820, Merelbeke, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 83:169-76. 2001..This study shows the ability of PCV2 to replicate in foetuses at different stages of gestation and to cause pathologic abnormalities in foetuses inoculated at 57 gestational days...
- Radiofrequency ablation of human fetal sacrococcygeal teratomaB W Paek
Fetal Treatment Center, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco 94143-0570, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 184:503-7. 2001..Targeted ablation of the feeding tumor vessels diminishes blood flow sufficiently to reverse high-output fetal heart failure...
- Short-term correction of factor VIII deficiency in a murine model of hemophilia A after delivery of adenovirus murine factor VIII in uteroG S Lipshutz
Department of Surgery, Third and Parnassus Avenues, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0793, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:13324-9. 1999..The future development of efficient and persisting vectors that produce long-term gene expression may allow for in utero correction of genetic diseases originating in the fetal liver, hematopoietic stem cells, as well as other tissues...
- The outcome of prenatally diagnosed renal tumorsMarc David Leclair
Department of Pediatric Urology, Hopital Mere Enfant, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nantes, 44093 Nantes Cedex 01, France
J Urol 173:186-9. 2005..We assessed the incidence of perinatal morbidity and evaluated the outcome in children with prenatally diagnosed renal tumors in a retrospective multicenter study...
- Contingent screening for Down syndrome is an efficient alternative to non-disclosure sequential screeningDave Wright
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Plymouth, UK
Prenat Diagn 24:762-6. 2004..Unlike non-disclosure sequential screening ('the Integrated test'), which requires all women to have markers in both trimesters, this allows a large proportion of the women to complete screening in the first trimester...
- Clinical experiences of fetal ovarian cyst: diagnosis and consequenceDong Wook Kwak
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 21:690-4. 2006..If they regress spontaneously, no surgical intervention is necessary independent of their sonographic findings...
- MR imaging of acquired fetal brain disordersNadine Girard
Department of Radiology, AP HM Nord, Universite de la Mediterranee, Chemin des Bourrelly, 13915 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Childs Nerv Syst 19:490-500. 2003..Acquired fetal brain disorders represent the third indication of fetal brain MRI, after ventricular dilatation and malformations of the central nervous system...
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital mesoblastic nephroma in 2 siblingsIlka B Fuchs
Department of Obstetrics, Charite, Campus Virchow Clinic Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Ultrasound Med 22:823-7; quiz 828-9. 2003
- Linear and nonlinear fetal heart rate analysis of normal and acidemic fetuses in the minutes preceding deliveryHernâni Gonçalves
Departamento de Matematica Aplicada, Faculdade de Ciencias, Universidade do Porto, Rua do Campo Alegre 687, 4169 007, Porto, Portugal
Med Biol Eng Comput 44:847-55. 2006....
- Parallel randomized trials of risk-based therapy for fetal alloimmune thrombocytopeniaRichard L Berkowitz
Divison of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York 10032, USA
Obstet Gynecol 107:91-6. 2006..Optimization of this therapy for individual patients, however, has yet to be achieved...
- Mothers' knowledge of screening for trisomy 21 in 1999: a survey in Paris maternity unitsC De Vigan
Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal and Women s Health, INSERM U149, Paris, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 104:14-20. 2002..To assess mothers' knowledge of screening tests for trisomy 21...
- Anti-HPA-9bw (Maxa) fetomaternal alloimmunization, a clinically severe neonatal thrombocytopenia: difficulties in diagnosis and therapy and report on eight familiesCecile Kaplan
INTS, Platelet Immunology Unit, Paris, France
Transfusion 45:1799-803. 2005..In Caucasian persons, HPA-1a is the most frequently implicated antigen. During the past few years, FMAIT has been reported associated with rare or private antigens...
- Neuropathogenesis induced by rhesus cytomegalovirus in fetal rhesus monkeys (Macaca mulatta)A F Tarantal
California Regional Primate Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Davis 95616 8542, USA
J Infect Dis 177:446-50. 1998....
- The value of fast MR imaging as an adjunct to ultrasound in prenatal diagnosisL Breysem
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals, Herestraat 49, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Radiol 13:1538-48. 2003..The MRI provided a more detailed description and insight into fetal anatomy, pathology, and etiology in the vast majority of these selected cases. This improved prenatal parental counseling and postnatal therapeutic planning...
- Tissue factor pathway inhibitor gene disruption produces intrauterine lethality in miceZ F Huang
Division of Hematology, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 90:944-51. 1997..Human TFPI-deficient embryos may suffer a similar fate because an individual with TFPI deficiency has not been identified...
- Prenatal ultrasound findings of fetal neoplasmsSoo Hyun Lee
Department of Radiology, Samsung Cheil Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul 100 380, Korea
Korean J Radiol 3:64-73. 2002..During the last five years, we experienced 32 cases of fetal neoplasms in a variety of organs. We describe their typical ultrasonographic findings with correlating postnatal CT, MRI, and pathologic findings...
- Mechanisms initiating lung injury in the pretermA H Jobe
Children s Hospital Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Early Hum Dev 53:81-94. 1998..However, care strategies that minimize inflammation and ventilator-induced lung injury should help decrease BPD...
- Respiratory function in lambs after in utero treatment of lung hypoplasia by tracheal obstructionM G Davey
Fetal and Neonatal Research Unit, Department of Physiology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
J Appl Physiol (1985) 87:2296-304. 1999..We conclude that 10 days of TO in the presence of initial lung hypoplasia prevents death at birth and returns most aspects of pulmonary function to normal by 1-2 wk after birth...
- Regulation of maternal-fetal virus transmission in immunologically reconstituted SCID mice infected with lactate dehydrogenase-elevating virusJ B Broen
Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, University of South Dakota, Vermillion
Viral Immunol 5:133-40. 1992..These results demonstrate the importance of maternal immunity in protecting the fetus from infection, and validate the use of this mouse model for investigation of immune mechanisms of transplacental virus transmission...
- Outcomes of Perinatal StrokeMeredith Golomb; Fiscal Year: 2008..During the last year of the study, she plans to apply for an R01 grant to set up a pilot clinical trial. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Scar-Free Healing in the Fetal ArteryDARRELL CASS; Fiscal Year: 2008..His long term objective is to apply this knowledge clinically in both children and adults to limit vascular inflammation, neointimal hyperplasia and scarring. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fetal Stromal Progenitor CellsAlan Flake; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Simultaneous Echocardiography & Magnetocardiography In Fetal Heart DiseaseJanette Strasburger; Fiscal Year: 2007..This may lead to further integration of rhythm and function assessments in the fetus using two different, yet complimentary technologies. ..
- Fetal Biology and Therapy Training ProgramAlan Flake; Fiscal Year: 2008..Penn Graduate School and IHGT. This request is made for 2 Trainee slots in year 1, 3 Trainee slots in year 2, and 4 Trainee slots each year thereafter. ..
- Cardiac myofibroblasts in autoimmune-associated CHBRobert Clancy; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Endothelial reactivity and nitric oxide synthetase activity in the ALMS (AsprevaRobert Clancy; Fiscal Year: 2009..Relevance to public health: The association of markers/indices of NOS2 expression with mechanism of action of a successful drug treatment in lupus nephritis would be a major advance. ..
- Strategies for prenatal stem cell transplantationAlan W Flake; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate goal of these studies is to develop safe and effective strategies that can be translated to the in utero treatment of a broad range of human genetic hematologic disorders including Sickle Cell Disease and Thalassemia. ..
- Human Subjects Research Electronic Tracking SystemDonald Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2003..WVU has a different organizational structure, a different information technology network, and different human subjects research emphasis from the University of Maryland School of Medicine. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF CMVStuart Adler; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this study will establish if immunization of mothers against CMV infection is possible. ..
- Cancer Center Renovation GrantDonald Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- EXTRAMURAL RESEARCH FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT PROVEMENTDonald Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- FACSVantage SE Sorting Flow CytometerJane Barker; Fiscal Year: 2002..Funds are requested to purchase the FACSVantage SE and the optional equipment for TJL's Flow Cytometry Service. This will provide a cost-effective way to fill an urgent need of TJL's principal investigators. ..
- GENERAL CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTERAUBREY MD HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2006..In this second funding cycle, the UAMS GCRC will continue expanding campus-wide clinical investigation. Support from all three sister institutions will continue to ensure GCRC success. ..
- CONSTRUCTION OF RESEARCH ANIMAL FACILITYDonald Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed project, which will be co-financed by contributions from the State of Maryland, therefore, considered instrumental for sustaining the stature of the MPRC in schizophrenia research. ..
- GENETIC ENGINEERING OF CELLS FROM ANEMIC ANIMALSJane Barker; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Vascular Injury in the preterm lungSuhas Kallapur; Fiscal Year: 2006..The experimental design in this proposal incorporates challenging but, particularly in this environment achievable goals that will provide important knowledge in the pathogenesis of bronchopulmonary dysplasia. ..
- GENERAL CLINICAL RESEARCH CENTERE Reece; Fiscal Year: 2009..During the upcoming grant period, we anticipate the planning and funding of the UM Clinical and Translational Science Center. ..
- Epidemiologic Study of Placental AbruptionCande Ananth; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will also add substantial new evidence for associations of several genetic thrombophilias and abruption risk. ..
- 10th International CMV WorkshopStuart Adler; Fiscal Year: 2005..The purpose is to keep everybody up to date and current about what's going on in all areas and stimulate new research projects and collaborations. We anticipate between 300 and 500 attendees. ..
- OMEGA-3 SUPPLMENTATION DECREASES INFLAMMATION AND FETAL OBESITY IN PREGNANCYSylvie Hauguel De Mouzon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Pretiminary data witt also be obtained on fetat body composition in order to later address the prevention of the long term adverse effects (devetopmental programming) of maternal obesity in the developing fetus. ..
- Intrauterine Inflammation & Adverse Neurological OutcomeMichal A Elovitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- CENTER FOR STUDY OF GROWTH REGULATION IN HUMAN PREGNANCYPatrick Catalano; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BEHAVIORAL INTERVENTION FOR CONGENITAL CMV DISEASEStuart Adler; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of this trial will determine the effectiveness of behavioral intervention and the motivation necessary to adhere to recommendations and prevent child-to-mother transmission of CMV. ..
- Prevention of Cytomegalovirus InfectionStuart Adler; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this study will establish if prevention of CMV infections is possible. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TOBACCO EXPOSURE REDUCTIONDorothy Hatsukami; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of research from this TTURC will provide the scientific basis for urgent policy, public education, and regulatory efforts to reduce tobacco harm. ..
- ALLOIMMUNIZATION TO PATERNAL LEUKOCYTES FOR HDNKenneth Moise; Fiscal Year: 2002..A monocyte monolayer assay will be performed using the spleens and sensitized red cells of the pups from the three serial breedings to determine the level of phagocytosis of the fetal reticuloendothelial system. ..
- Angiogenesis Induction by Vasculogenic Progenitor CellsJoseph Itskovitz Eldor; Fiscal Year: 2006..We expect that this research will establish the foundation for an effective therapeutic modality using hES cells for some of the most leading causes of morbidity and mortality in the world. ..
- Viral vector-based RNAi therapy for Alexander DiseaseDaniel Bonthius; Fiscal Year: 2008..The disease is due to an abnormal gene. This research aims to develop a form of gene therapy to prevent and reverse the brain dysfunction of Alexander Disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Transgenic Plant-Derived CMV Glycoprotein B VaccineMark Schleiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will advance the fields of plant and CMV vaccines. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Reproductive Consequences of Prenatal AndrogenizationVasantha Padmanabhan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specifically it will establish that discrete, experimentally induced androgen excess of fetal sheep provides the first clear etiology for hyperandrogenic anovulation in adulthood. ..
- PREVENTION OF RECURRENT POSTPARTUM MAJOR DEPRESSIONKatherine Wisner; Fiscal Year: 2005..Maternal MD, an exposure that clearly has a negative impact upon several aspects of child development, also will be considered as an exposure with effects on child outcomes. ..
- REGULATION OF HUMAN ALDOSTERONE SYNTHASEPerrin White; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies should provide insight into mechanisms underlying a genetic risk factor for cardiovascular disease. ..
- PRENATAL STRATEGIES FOR TREATMENT OF HEMOGLOBINOPATHIESAlan Flake; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Lung Development in Congenital Diaphragmatic HerniaJanet Larson; Fiscal Year: 2004..This hypothesis can be tested in the fetal rat by treatment with nitrofen at 9-10 days gestation followed by in utero gene therapy at 16-17 days gestation. ..
- Innovative Interventions for Smoking CessationDorothy K Hatsukami; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this study will provide useful information on directions to pursue to improve our pharmacotherapies and behavioral treatments and to better understand the various aspects of addiction. ..
- Hand-Held Phased Array:Localization of Molecular BeaconsShoko Nioka; Fiscal Year: 2004..therefore, technical transfer has already been outlined and a wide market may be established. ..
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory use and miscarriageKatherine E Hartmann; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Treating PMS/PMDD--Research versus Clinical RealityKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ANXIETY, DISINHIBITION, AND RISK FOR DRUG ABUSEKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2003..phenotypic indices of vulnerability using combinations of clinical and psychophysiological measures. ..
- Self-administration of abused inhalants in miceScott Bowen; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Functions of Very Large G-protein Coupled Receptor-1Perrin White; Fiscal Year: 2008..We are specifically interested in the other proteins with very large ectodomains, protocadherin- 15 and cadherin-23. These studies should shed new light on mechanisms controlling development of the retina and inner ear. ..
- Psychosocial Res. to Improve Drug Treatment in PregnancyKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRIAL OF FAS PREVENTION IN AMERICAN INDIAN COMMUNITIESPhilip May; Fiscal Year: 2001..Furthermore, prevention protocols, research techniques and methods, will test the recommendations of the IOM report and should also be applicable to non-Indian communities as well. ..
- VACCINES FOR PREVENTION OF EXPERIMENTAL CONGENITAL CMVMark Schleiss; Fiscal Year: 2009..We anticipate that these subunit vaccine studies in this small animal model will clarify which strategies may be of value for vaccination against congenital HCMV infection. ..
- T LYMPHOCYTE RESPONSES TO HUMAN NEUROBLASTOMAJed Nuchtern; Fiscal Year: 2002..By identifying one or more neuroblastoma tumor antigens and defining the optimal conditions for generating an anti-tumor CTL response, this project will accelerate the development of immunotherapy for this important pediatric cancer. ..
- MENTAL RETARDATION AND DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIESROBERT DESNICK; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is anticipated that these trainees will continue the tradition of this program by becoming basic and/or clinical researchers in the field of human genetics and mental retardation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Aberrant Ovine Pancreatic Development in IUGR FetusesSean Limesand; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- EXERCISE AND PREGNANCYJAMES CLAPP; Fiscal Year: 2005..Evaluations (mothers and offspring) will include a lifestyle and medical questionnaire, a physical examination, a lipid profile, and assessment of body composition, fitness, cardiovascular function and insulin resistance. ..
- SACRAL CREST CELLS AND ENTERIC NEURODEVELOPMENTRaj Kapur; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study will further our understanding of normal enteric neurodevelopment and congenital disorders of intestinal motility. ..
- CONGENITAL CYTOMEGALOVIRUS MODEL OF AUDITORY PATHOLOGYNIGEL WOOLF; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Behavioral Effects of Gestational Inhalant Abuse in RatsScott Bowen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, this research has the potential to assist in the design of effective treatments for inhalant abuse. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NEUROTERATOGENIC MECHANISM OF LCM VIRUS INFECTIONDaniel Bonthius; Fiscal Year: 2005..The importance of a-DG in influencing the tropism and infectivity of LCMV will be examined by blocking alpha-DG with an antibody prior to exposure of brain slices to LCMV. ..
- Endocrine Disruptors and Fetal DevelopmentVasantha Padmanabhan; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- High Resolution 3-D Imaging of Molecular BeaconsShoko Nioka; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Modulation of Iron Deposition in SCD and Other HemoglobinopathiesELLIOTT P contact VICHINSKY; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Fetal DNA oxidation and repair in neurodegenerationPeter Wells; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide mechanistic insight into the fetal origin of environmentally-induced neurodevelopmental defects, and the role of DNA repair activity as a risk factor. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF LOW RENIN HYPERTENSIONPerrin White; Fiscal Year: 2001..The investigators will determine the role of 11-HSD K in the development of essential hypertension, using both linkage and association studies. ..
- Blood Pressure in Postmenopausal Women: A GCRC StudyELLEN SEELY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, funding of this proposal will allow Dr. Seely to expand her own research career and simultaneously provide time to expand her mentorship role. ..
- MHC Class Ib Mismatch in Prenatal TransplantationAimen Shaaban; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additionally, for the first time, we will probe the mechanisms regulating the innate immune responses regulating fetal allotransplantation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Maternal Diet on SNS Development in OffspringJames Young; Fiscal Year: 2009..Identifying connections among growth, SNS development and obesity offers a potential means for identifying obesity-prone individuals early in life with the ultimate objective of intervening in an effective and appropriate manner. ..
- Varenicline and Smoking Cessation in SchizophreniaSEYYED HOSSEIN FATEMI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such outcomes will be significant, because they will offer a new treatment for smoking cessation in this vulnerable population. ..
- Bilirubin-induced Auditory Neuropathy in PretermsSANJIV AMIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of myometrial healing and regenerationCatalin Buhimschi; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Trial of FAS Prevention and Diagnosis Among IndiansPhilip May; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed renewal will ensure sufficient time to test the IOM model of prevention while advancing science in several other ways. ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL SUSCEPTIBILITY OF FETAL BRAIN TO CMVPeter Barry; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Post-Exposure Vaccination for HCMV InfectionPeter Barry; Fiscal Year: 2003..2) Genetic immunization of animals with plasmid expression vectors for RhCMV antigens or control plasmids. (3) Post-immunization assessment of RhCMV detection frequency and titer. ..
- Maternal Autoantibodies: Pathogenesis of Neonatal LupusJill Buyon; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ANTIDEPRESSANT USE DURING PREGNANCYKatherine Wisner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Data from this investigation will increase our sophistication in making risk-benefit decisions during pregnancy. ..
- Feasibility Study of Soccer InjuriesMelissa Schiff; Fiscal Year: 2007..Findings from this research will be used to for the development of a large, prospective cohort study to evaluate potentially modifiable risk factors for injury among female youth soccer players. [unreadable] [unreadable]..