Genomes and Genes
Summary: A therapeutic approach, involving chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or surgery, after initial regimens have failed to lead to improvement in a patient's condition. Salvage therapy is most often used for neoplastic diseases.
Publications319 found, 100 shown here
- Long-term results of the R-CHOP study in the treatment of elderly patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a study by the Groupe d'Etude des Lymphomes de l'AdulteP Feugier
Hematology Department, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Brabois, 54500 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Clin Oncol 23:4117-26. 2005....
- Prostate cancer-specific survival following salvage radiotherapy vs observation in men with biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomyBruce J Trock
Brady Urological Institute, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe St, 546 Phipps Bldg, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
JAMA 299:2760-9. 2008....
- Predicting the outcome of salvage radiation therapy for recurrent prostate cancer after radical prostatectomyAndrew J Stephenson
Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195 0001, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2035-41. 2007..We developed a nomogram to predict the probability of cancer control at 6 years after SRT for PSA-defined recurrence...
- A phase II study of docetaxel as salvage chemotherapy in advanced gastric cancer after failure of fluoropyrimidine and platinum combination chemotherapyJae Lyun Lee
Division of Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, 138 736, South Korea
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:631-7. 2008..Docetaxel has shown promising activity against this disease. In this study, we explored the efficacy and safety of docetaxel monotherapy as salvage chemotherapy in AGC after F and P combination chemotherapy failed...
- Adding-on versus switching-to adefovir therapy in lamivudine-resistant HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis BIrene Rapti
Department of Medicine and Liver Unit, Henry Dunant Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hepatology 45:307-13. 2007....
- Treatment results of 1070 patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma: an analysis of survival and failure patternsTo Wai Leung
Department of Clinical Oncology, Tuen Mun Hospital, Tsing Chung Koon Road, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Head Neck 27:555-65. 2005..The aim of this analysis was to evaluate the outcomes of patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) treated primarily by external beam irradiation (ERT) and to explore for possible ways to improve the treatment results...
- Phase II study of lenalidomide and rituximab as salvage therapy for patients with relapsed or refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemiaXavier C Badoux
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:584-91. 2013Lenalidomide is an immunomodulatory drug active as salvage therapy for chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). We combined lenalidomide with rituximab to improve response rates in patients with relapsed or refractory CLL.
- Impact of postoperative prostate-specific antigen disease recurrence and the use of salvage therapy on the risk of deathToni K Choueiri
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 116:1887-92. 2010..BCR) as a time-dependent covariate (t) after radical prostatectomy (RP) for prostate cancer was associated with the risk of death and whether salvage therapy with radiotherapy (RT) and/or hormonal therapy (HT) can lessen this risk
- Surgical treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma beyond Milan criteria. Results of liver resection, salvage transplantation, and primary liver transplantationMarcelo E Facciuto
Liver Transplant and Hepatobiliary Service, Westchester Medical Center, New York Medical College, 95 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1383-91. 2008..There is no clear consensus regarding the best treatment strategy for patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Imatinib mesylate as salvage therapy for refractory sclerotic chronic graft-versus-host diseaseLeonardo Magro
Service des Maladies du Sang, Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire de Lille, Lille Cedex, France
Blood 114:719-22. 2009..Despite its limited size, this cohort suggests some beneficial activity of imatinib in sclerotic chronic graft-versus-host disease, warranting further prospective investigations...
- Docetaxel as salvage therapy in advanced gastric cancer: a phase II study of the Gruppo Oncologico Italia Meridionale (G.O.I.M.)Francesco Giuliani
Medical and Experimental Oncology Unit, Oncology Institute, Bari, Italy
Anticancer Res 23:4219-22. 2003..O.I.M.) started a confirmatory multicenter phase II trial to evaluate the clinical activity and toxicity of single agent TXT in the treatment of advanced gastric cancer patients who had failed a first-line chemotherapy...
- Salvage radiotherapy for recurrent prostate cancer after radical prostatectomyAndrew J Stephenson
Department of Urology, Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Cancers, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
JAMA 291:1325-32. 2004..Salvage radiotherapy may potentially cure patients with disease recurrence after radical prostatectomy, but previous evidence has suggested that it is ineffective in patients at the highest risk of metastatic disease progression...
- Comparison of rescue strategies in lamivudine-resistant patients with chronic hepatitis BPan Zhao
Liver Failure Therapy and Research Center, Beijing 302 Hospital, Beijing 100039, China
Antiviral Res 96:100-4. 2012....
- Repeated surgery for glioblastoma multiforme: only in combination with other salvage therapyEllen S Mandl
Department of Neurosurgery, VU University Medical Center, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Surg Neurol 69:506-9; discussion 509. 2008..The purpose of the study was to evaluate the effects, frequency, and complications of repeated surgical resection for GBM relapse...
- Actual therapeutic efficacy of pre-transplant treatment on hepatocellular carcinoma and its impact on survival after salvage living donor liver transplantationSusumu Eguchi
Department of Surgery, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
J Gastroenterol 44:624-9. 2009..The exact efficacy of pre-liver transplant (LT) therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and the impact on survival after LT remain controversial in regard to salvage LT...
- Salvage therapy with temozolomide in patients with aggressive or metastatic pituitary adenomas: experience in six casesMarco Losa
Pituitary Unit, Department of Neurosurgery, Istituto Scientifico San Raffaele, Universita Vita Salute, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milano, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 163:843-51. 2010..We assessed the efficacy of treatment with temozolomide, an oral second-generation alkylating agent, in a consecutive series of six patients with aggressive pituitary adenomas...
- Long-term results of salvage photodynamic therapy for patients with local failure after chemoradiotherapy for esophageal squamous cell carcinomaT Yano
Division of Digestive Endoscopy and Gastrointestinal Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Kashiwa, Japan
Endoscopy 43:657-63. 2011..The aim of this study was to clarify the long-term results of salvage photodynamic therapy (PDT) for local failure...
- Recurrent meningioma: salvage therapy with long-acting somatostatin analogueMarc C Chamberlain
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL, USA
Neurology 69:969-73. 2007..The addition of somatostatin inhibits meningioma growth in vitro in some studies. There have been anecdotal reports of octreotide inhibiting growth in meningiomas...
- Upfront high-dose sequential therapy (HDS) versus VACOP-B with or without HDS in aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: long-term results by the NHLCSGA Olivieri
Department of Hematology, University of Ancona, Italy
Ann Oncol 16:1941-8. 2005..We designed this study to evaluate the usefulness of HDS followed by high-dose therapy (HDT) with autologous stem cell transplantation as front-line treatment in different subsets of aggressive NHL...
- Lenalidomide in combination with dexamethasone at first relapse in comparison with its use as later salvage therapy in relapsed or refractory multiple myelomaEdward A Stadtmauer
Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Eur J Haematol 82:426-32. 2009..Therefore, lenalidomide plus dexamethasone is both effective and tolerable for second-line MM therapy and the data suggest that the greatest benefit occurs with earlier use...
- Cyclophosphamide, fludarabine, alemtuzumab, and rituximab as salvage therapy for heavily pretreated patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaXavier C Badoux
Departments of Leukemia, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Blood 118:2085-93. 2011..CFAR compared with a similar population who had received fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and rituximab as salvage therapy, there was no significant improvement in progression-free survival and overall survival appeared worse...
- Effectiveness of brachytherapy and fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy boost for persistent nasopharyngeal carcinomaTsz Kok Yau
Department of Clinical Oncology, Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital, 3 Lok Man Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong
Head Neck 26:1024-30. 2004..We compared the effectiveness of brachytherapy and a fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (SRT) boost in improving tumor control...
- Cetuximab, bevacizumab, and irinotecan for patients with primary glioblastoma and progression after radiation therapy and temozolomide: a phase II trialBenedikte Hasselbalch
Department of Radiation Biology, The Finsen Center, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Neuro Oncol 12:508-16. 2010..However, the efficacy data do not seem to be superior compared with results with bevacizumab and irinotecan alone...
- Temsirolimus, an mTOR inhibitor, in combination with lower-dose clofarabine as salvage therapy for older patients with acute myeloid leukaemia: results of a phase II GIMEMA study (AML-1107)Sergio Amadori
Department of Haematology, Tor Vergata University Hospital, Roma, Italy Department of Haematology, St George s Hospital, London, UK
Br J Haematol 156:205-12. 2012..This study assessed the combination of temsirolimus, an mTOR inhibitor, and lower-dose clofarabine as salvage therapy in older patients with AML...
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy is effective salvage therapy for patients with prior radiation of spinal metastasesArjun Sahgal
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:723-31. 2009..To provide actuarial outcomes and dosimetric data for spinal/paraspinal metastases, with and without prior radiation, treated with stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT)...
- A Phase II trial of the oral mTOR inhibitor everolimus in relapsed Hodgkin lymphomaPatrick B Johnston
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 85:320-4. 2010..Four patients experienced a Grade 3 or higher pulmonary toxicity. Everolimus has single-agent activity in relapsed/refractory HL and provides proof-of-concept that targeting the mTOR pathway in HL is clinically relevant...
- Indium-111-capromab pendetide radioimmunoscintigraphy and prognosis for durable biochemical response to salvage radiation therapy in men after failed prostatectomyCherry T Thomas
Division of Radiation Oncology, University of Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:1715-21. 2003..We evaluated the prognostic significance of indium-111 (111In)-capromab pendetide imaging for patients with prostate cancer who underwent salvage radiotherapy (RT) for recurrent disease after prostatectomy...
- Platelet-lysate-expanded mesenchymal stromal cells as a salvage therapy for severe resistant graft-versus-host disease in a pediatric populationGiovanna Lucchini
Clinica Pediatrica, Universita Milano Bicocca, Ospedale San Gerardo, Via Donizetti 106, Monza, MI, Italy
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:1293-301. 2010..Two patients developed chronic limited GVHD. This study underlines the safety of PL-expanded MSC use in children. MSC efficacy seems to be greater in aGVHD than in cGVHD, even after failure of multiple lines of immunosuppression...
- Fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy as reirradiation for locally recurrent head and neck cancerKwang Won Roh
Department of Radiation Oncology, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:1348-55. 2009..We report early preliminary experience with CyberKnife radiosurgery (RS) as salvage treatment for locally recurrent head and neck cancer (HNC)...
- Antiviral activity of lamivudine in salvage therapy for multidrug-resistant HIV-1 infectionThomas B Campbell
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Clin Infect Dis 41:236-42. 2005..Available data suggest that lamivudine contributes to partial viral suppression, despite the presence of M184V mutations and high-level phenotypic lamivudine resistance...
- Combined-modality treatment and selective organ preservation in invasive bladder cancer: long-term resultsClaus Rodel
Department of Radiation Oncology, Institute of Pathology, University of Erlangen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 20:3061-71. 2002..To evaluate our long-term experience with combined modality treatment and selective bladder preservation and to identify factors that may predict treatment response, risk of relapse, and survival...
- Rituximab for steroid-refractory chronic graft-versus-host diseaseCorey Cutler
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 108:756-62. 2006..We conclude that specific anti-B-cell therapy with rituximab may be beneficial for patients with steroidrefractory chronic GVHD. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00136396...
- Primary liver resection and salvage transplantation or primary liver transplantation in patients with single, small hepatocellular carcinoma and preserved liver function: an outcome-oriented decision analysisP E Majno
Transplantation Unit, Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Hepatology 31:899-906. 2000....
- Patterns of local-regional recurrence following parotid-sparing conformal and segmental intensity-modulated radiotherapy for head and neck cancerL A Dawson
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0010, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 46:1117-26. 2000..To analyze the patterns of local-regional recurrence in patients with head and neck cancer treated with parotid-sparing conformal and segmental intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)...
- A phase II study of irinotecan with biweekly, low dose leucovorin and bolus and continuous infusion 5-fluorouracil (modified FOLFIRI) as first line therapy for patients with recurrent or metastatic gastric cancerByung Geun Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, 3 1 Dongdaeshin dong, Seo Gu, Busan, Korea
Am J Clin Oncol 33:246-50. 2010....
- Combined prostate brachytherapy and short-term androgen deprivation therapy as salvage therapy for locally recurrent prostate cancer after external beam irradiationWilliam W Wong
Departments of Radiation Oncology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
J Urol 176:2020-4. 2006..We describe the treatment outcome in 17 patients who received combined salvage brachytherapy and short-term androgen deprivation therapy for local prostate cancer relapse after prior external beam irradiation...
- Preoperative [18F]-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography standardized uptake value of neck lymph nodes may aid in selecting patients with oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma for salvage therapy after relapseChun Ta Liao
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan, ROC
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:1783-93. 2009..In this prospective study, we sought to investigate the clinical significance of the preoperative maximal standardized uptake value (SUVmax) at the neck lymph nodes in selecting patients with OSCC for salvage therapy after relapse.
- Long-term oncologic results of salvage radical prostatectomy for locally recurrent prostate cancer after radiotherapyFernando J Bianco
Department of Urology, Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Cancers, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 62:448-53. 2005..We report the long-term cancer control associated with salvage RP in a consecutive cohort of patients and identify the variables associated with disease progression and cancer survival...
- Intensive chemotherapy followed by hematopoietic stem-cell rescue for refractory and recurrent primary CNS and intraocular lymphoma: Société Française de Greffe de Moëlle Osseuse-Thérapie CellulaireCarole Soussain
Department of Hematology, Biostatistics Unit, Centre Rene Huguenin, Saint Cloud, France
J Clin Oncol 26:2512-8. 2008....
- Salvage therapy for prostate cancer recurrence after radiation therapyJared M Cox
Division of Urology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Curr Urol Rep 10:199-205. 2009..As these modalities continue to improve and patient selection is optimized, better results will evolve...
- Outcome of adults with acute lymphocytic leukemia after second salvage therapySusan O'Brien
Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 113:3186-91. 2008The outcome of adults with acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL) who undergo second salvage therapy has been characterized poorly. This is important with regard to investigational approaches aimed at helping this subset of patients...
- Patterns of failure in patients receiving definitive and postoperative IMRT for head-and-neck cancerK S Clifford Chao
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, MO, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:312-21. 2003..To analyze the patterns of locoregional failure in patients with head-and-neck cancer treated with inverse planning intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)...
- Outcome of fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy for 90 patients with locally persistent and recurrent nasopharyngeal carcinomaShao Xiong Wu
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:761-9. 2007..Stereotactic radiosurgery and fractionated stereotactic radiation therapy (FSRT) have recently evolved as a salvage option of NPC. This study was conducted to review the treatment outcome after FSRT for NPC...
- Q151M-mediated multinucleoside resistance: prevalence, risk factors, and response to salvage therapyMauro Zaccarelli
Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive Lazzaro Spallanzani, Rome, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 38:433-7. 2004..A full reversion of the Q151M mutation was observed in 5 of 5 patients who underwent treatment interruption after GRT. The reversion was followed by a response to salvage therapy in 4 (80%) of 5 patients.
- Focal salvage therapy for localized prostate cancer recurrence after external beam radiotherapy: a pilot studyHashim Uddin Ahmed
Division of Surgery and Interventional Science, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Cancer 118:4148-55. 2012The objective of this study was to evaluate the safety, feasibility, side-effect profile, and proof of concept for focal salvage therapy using high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU).
- Pemetrexed in the treatment of relapsed/refractory primary central nervous system lymphomaJeffrey J Raizer
Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, 710 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Cancer 118:3743-8. 2012..Because methotrexate is an integral part of PCSNL treatment, the authors assessed the antitumor activity and safety of pemetrexed in recurrent PCNSL...
- Second autologous stem cell transplantation as salvage therapy for multiple myeloma: impact on progression-free and overall survivalVictor H Jimenez-Zepeda
Princess Margaret Hospital, Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Toronto, ON, Canada
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 18:773-9. 2012The role of a second autologous stem cell transplant (ASCT) as salvage therapy is unclear, particularly with the availability of novel agents to treat progressive multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Can early implementation of salvage radiotherapy for prostate cancer improve the therapeutic ratio? A systematic review and regression meta-analysis with radiobiological modellingNitin Ohri
Department of Radiation Oncology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Eur J Cancer 48:837-44. 2012..Here we perform a systematic review of published reports including regression meta-analysis and radiobiologic modelling to identify predictors of biochemical disease control and late toxicity...
- Multicenter phase II study of rituximab and temozolomide in recurrent primary central nervous system lymphomaLakshmi Nayak
Department of Neurology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 54:58-61. 2013..Given the overall modest activity, this regimen should be reserved for patients who are not candidates for other, more aggressive salvage treatments...
- Comparison of pharyngocutaneous fistula between patients followed by primary laryngopharyngectomy and salvage laryngopharyngectomy for advanced hypopharyngeal cancerYung An Tsou
Department of Otolaryngology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung City, Taiwan, Republic of China
Head Neck 32:1494-500. 2010....
- Salvage treatment with temozolomide in refractory or relapsed primary central nervous system lymphoma and assessment of the MGMT statusKeishi Makino
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kumamoto University, 1 1 1 Honjo Kumamoto, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
J Neurooncol 106:155-60. 2012..1 months) and nmMGMT (6.7 months) (P = 0.63). Although some patients were elderly and had been heavily pre-treated, temozolomide resulted in a complete response (CR) in 29% and was well tolerated without any major toxicity...
- Salvage radiation in men after prostate-specific antigen failure and the risk of deathShane E Cotter
Harvard Radiation Oncology Program, Brigham and Women s Hospital Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 117:3925-32. 2011..Whether such a benefit exits in men with a protracted PSA rise in DT (≥ 6 months) is unclear and was examined in the current study...
- Re-irradiation with and without bevacizumab as salvage therapy for recurrent or progressive high-grade gliomasThomas Hundsberger
Department of Neurology, Cantonal Hospital St Gallen, Rorschacherstr 95, 9007 St Gallen, Switzerland
J Neurooncol 112:133-9. 2013..This retrospective study provides additional feasibility and safety data of conventional 3D-conformal re-irradiation and IMRT in combination with bevacizumab in relapsing high-grade gliomas...
- A Cancer and Leukemia Group B phase II study of sunitinib malate in patients with previously treated metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma (CALGB 80603)Eileen M O'Reilly
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Oncologist 15:1310-9. 2010..gov identifier, NCT00397787). The primary endpoint was to determine the disease control rate (DCR) as measured by the Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (complete response, partial response [PR], and stable disease) at 6 weeks...
- Radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy: immediate or early delayed?D Bottke
University Hospital Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 188:1096-101. 2012..Presently, there are no published randomized trials evaluating ART vs. SRT directly...
- Allogeneic stem-cell transplantation as salvage therapy for patients with diffuse large B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma relapsing after an autologous stem-cell transplantation: an analysis of the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation RegistryRoel J W van Kampen
Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 29:1342-8. 2011....
- Comparison of salvage and planned pharyngolaryngectomy with jejunal transfer for hypopharyngeal carcinoma after chemoradiotherapyHideki Kadota
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Laryngoscope 120:1103-8. 2010..The objective of this study is to examine the safety and efficacy of free jejunal transfer after salvage pharyngolaryngectomy for patients with locally recurrent hypopharyngeal carcinoma after definitive chemoradiotherapy...
- High-intensity focused ultrasound as salvage therapy for patients with recurrent prostate cancer after external beam radiation, brachytherapy or proton therapyToyoaki Uchida
Department of Urology, Tokai University Hachioji Hospital, Hachioji, Tokyo, Tokai University, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
BJU Int 107:378-82. 2011To investigate the use of high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) as a salvage therapy in patients with recurrence of localized prostate cancer after external beam radiation (EBRT), brachytherapy, or proton therapy.
- Docetaxel monotherapy as a second-line treatment after failure of fluoropyrimidine and platinum in advanced gastric cancer: experience of 154 patients with prognostic factor analysisJae Cheol Jo
Division of Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, 388 1 Poongnap 2dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, South Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 37:936-41. 2007..To investigate the efficacy and safety of docetaxel monotherapy as salvage chemotherapy for advanced gastric cancer (AGC) in clinical practice and to determine the prognostic factors in these patients...
- Photodynamic therapy as salvage treatment for local failures after definitive chemoradiotherapy for esophageal cancerTomonori Yano
Division of Digestive Endoscopy and Gastrointestinal Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Kashiwa 277 8577, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 62:31-6. 2005..Salvage esophagectomy is the only curative intent treatment option; however, it carries higher morbidity and mortality rates than primary esophagectomy. Response to second-line chemotherapy is quite dismal...
- Ipilimumab experience in heavily pretreated patients with melanoma in an expanded access program at the University Hospital of Siena (Italy)Anna Maria Di Giacomo
Medical Oncology and Immunotherapy, University Hospital of Siena, Istituto Toscano Tumori, Strada delle Scotte, 53100, Siena, Italy
Cancer Immunol Immunother 60:467-77. 2011..To evaluate the feasibility of ipilimumab treatment for metastatic melanoma outside the boundaries of clinical trials, in a setting similar to that of daily practice...
- Salvage surgery following downstaging of unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma--a strategy to increase resectabilityWan Yee Lau
Department of Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Ann Surg Oncol 14:3301-9. 2007..However, the resectability of HCC at the time of diagnosis is low (10-30%). This article reviews the use of salvage surgery following tumor downstaging to treat unresectable HCC...
- Rituximab and ICE as second-line therapy before autologous stem cell transplantation for relapsed or primary refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphomaTarun Kewalramani
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 103:3684-8. 2004..25). RICE appears to induce very high CR rates in patients with relapsed and refractory DLBCL; however, further studies are necessary to determine whether this treatment regimen will improve outcomes after ASCT...
- Liver transplantation for recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma on cirrhosis after liver resection: University of Bologna experienceM Del Gaudio
Liver and Multiorgan Transplantation Unit, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna Italy, Bologna, Italy
Am J Transplant 8:1177-85. 2008..73%, p = NS) and disease-free (48% vs. 71%, p = NS) survival rates were obtained for SLT and primary LT for HCC, respectively. LR is a valid treatment for small HCC and in the event of recurrence, SLT is a safe and effective procedure...
- Impact of pre-transplant rituximab on survival after autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for diffuse large B cell lymphomaTimothy S Fenske
Division of Neoplastic Diseases, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:1455-64. 2009..to whether rituximab was (n = 176; +R cohort) or was not (n = 818; -R cohort) administered with front-line or salvage therapy before AuHCT. The +R cohort had superior progression-free survival (PFS; 50% vs 38%; P = ...
- Is there a role for second-line chemotherapy in advanced gastric cancer?Robert Wesolowski
Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Lancet Oncol 10:903-12. 2009..We review the published data concerning the use of chemotherapy in the second-line setting for the treatment of advanced gastric cancer...
- Pilot study of irinotecan/oxalipltin (IROX) combination chemotherapy for patients with gemcitabine- and 5-fluorouracil- refractory pancreatic cancerSung Yong Oh
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Invest New Drugs 28:343-9. 2010..We attempted to evaluate the efficacy and safety of a combination of irinotecan and oxaliplatin (IROX) as a salvage treatment for patients with gemcitabine- and 5-FU- refractory pancreatic cancer...
- Salvage chemotherapy with paclitaxel, ifosfamide, and nedaplatin in patients with urothelial cancer who had received prior cisplatin-based therapyNobuo Shinohara
Department of Urology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kitaku, Sapporo, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 58:402-7. 2006....
- Salvage liver transplantation for recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma after liver resection: feasibility of the Milan criteria and operative riskB W Kim
Department of Surgery, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, South Korea
Transplant Proc 40:3558-61. 2008..The operative difficulties of SLT increase the operative risk. The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of the Milan criteria for SLT and its operative complications...
- Salvage reirradiaton with stereotactic body radiotherapy for locally recurrent head-and-neck tumorsMustafa Cengiz
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:104-9. 2011..In this study, we present our results of reirradiation of locally recurrent head-and-neck cancer with image-guided, fractionated, frameless stereotactic body radiotherapy technique...
- Multimodal approaches to the treatment of hepatocellular carcinomaGiuseppe Cabibbo
Unit of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Academic Department of Internal Medicine, University of Palermo, Italy
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:159-69. 2009....
- Quadruple nucleos(t)ide reverse transcriptase inhibitors-only regimen of tenofovir plus zidovudine/lamivudine/abacavir in heavily pre-treated HIV-1 infected patients: salvage therapy or backbone only?Christoph Stephan
Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Hospital, HIV Treatment and Clinical Research Unit, Medical Department II, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Curr HIV Res 7:320-6. 2009..We investigated the virologic and immunologic responses to a mono-class, nucleoside/nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor - combination therapy consisting of tenofovir and zidovudine/lamivudine/abacavir in therapy experienced patients...
- Capecitabine and doxorubicin combination chemotherapy as salvage therapy in pretreated advanced gastric cancerSang Joon Shin
Department of Internal Medicine, Cancer Metastasis Research Center, Yonsei Cancer Center, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134, Shinchon dong, Seodaemun Ku, CPO Box 8044, Seoul, 120 752, South Korea
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:157-65. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the activity and the safety of a combination regimen of capecitabine and doxorubicin as salvage chemotherapy in advanced gastric cancer patients who had undergone one or two prior chemotherapy regimens...
- Harm and benefits of primary liver resection and salvage transplantation for hepatocellular carcinomaA Cucchetti
Liver and Multiorgan Transplant Unit, University of Bologna, Italy
Am J Transplant 10:619-27. 2010..An increased proportion of HCC candidates and/or an increased median time-to-transplant could lead to a benefit for waiting-list patients that outweighs this harm...
- Bevacizumab plus capecitabine as a salvage therapy in advanced adrenocortical carcinomaSebastian Wortmann
Endocrine and Diabetes Unit, Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital of Wurzburg, University of Wurzburg, Oberdurrbacher Strasse 6, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 162:349-56. 2010..However, there is no evidence for any therapy beneficial in patients failing these therapies. Therefore, we evaluated the effects of the anti-VEGF antibody bevacizumab plus capecitabine as salvage therapy in ACC.
- Bevacizumab salvage therapy following progression in high-grade glioma patients treated with VEGF receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitorsBrian J Scott
Lahey Clinic Medical Center, Department of Neurology, 41 Mall Road, Burlington, MA 01805, USA
Neuro Oncol 12:603-7. 2010..3 weeks. Grade III/IV toxicities were seen in 13 of 24 patients (54%). Subsequently with bevacizumab salvage therapy, 5 of 24 patients (21%) had a PR, the APF6 was 12.5%, and the median TTP was 8 weeks...
- Radiographic patterns of relapse in glioblastomaMarc C Chamberlain
Division of Neuro Oncology, Department of Neurology and Neurological Surgery, Fred Hutchinson Research Cancer Center, University of Washington, 895 Eastlake Ave, POB Box 19023, MS G4 940, Seattle, WA 98109 1023, USA
J Neurooncol 101:319-23. 2011Glioblastoma (GBM) pathologically is defined as an infiltrative glioma and salvage therapy with bevacizumab is believed to increase the incidence of diffuse and distant invasion as assessed radiographically...
- Free tissue transfer to manage salvage laryngectomy defects after organ preservation failureKirk P Withrow
Department of Surgery, Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0012, USA
Laryngoscope 117:781-4. 2007..We hypothesize that even when sufficient mucosa is present to close the defect primarily, introduction of vascularized tissue to close the defect may improve outcomes...
- Patterns of relapse and prognosis after bevacizumab failure in recurrent glioblastomaF M Iwamoto
Department of Neurology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Neurology 73:1200-6. 2009..However, patterns of relapse, prognosis, and outcome of further therapy after bevacizumab failure have not been studied systematically...
- Weekly irinotecan in patients with metastatic gastric cancer failing cisplatin-based chemotherapyJong Ho Chun
Gastric Cancer Branch, Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyeonggi, Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 34:8-13. 2004..The goal of this study is to determine the efficacy and toxicity of weekly irinotecan as second-line chemotherapy in advanced gastric cancer after failure of cisplatin-based regimen...
- Trastuzumab and gemcitabine as salvage therapy in heavily pre-treated patients with metastatic breast cancerRupert Bartsch
First Department of Medicine and Cancer Centre, Clinical Division of Oncology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 62:903-10. 2008..In this trial, we evaluated the efficacy and safety of gemcitabine and trastuzumab after earlier exposure to anthracyclines, docetaxel and/or vinorelbine, and trastuzumab...
- Salvage prostate cryoablation: initial results from the cryo on-line data registryLouis L Pisters
Department of Urology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
J Urol 180:559-63; discussion 563-4. 2008..We report contemporary outcomes of salvage cryoablation at a large number of centers which have participated in the COLD (Cryo On-Line Data) Registry...
- Comparison of health-related quality of life and prostate-associated symptoms after primary and salvage cryotherapy for prostate cancerAristotelis G Anastasiadis
Department of Urology, Columbia University Health Sciences, 161 Fort Washington Avenue, Herbert Irving Pavilion, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 129:676-82. 2003....
- Outcomes of multiple salvage chemotherapy for advanced gastric cancer: implications for clinical practice and trial designYong Wha Moon
Cancer Metastasis Research Center, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 250 Seongsanno, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Korea
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:797-805. 2010..We analyzed the natural history of advanced gastric cancer with sequential salvage chemotherapy following first-line treatment...
- A randomized controlled trial to evaluate antiretroviral salvage therapy guided by rules-based or phenotype-driven HIV-1 genotypic drug-resistance interpretation with or without concentration-controlled intervention: the Resistance and Dosage Adapted RegiCarlo Torti
Institute for Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Brescia, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 40:1828-36. 2005..intervention (CCI) and rules-based human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type 1 genotype drug-resistance interpretation (GI) or virtual phenotype drug-resistance interpretation (VPI) may improve the outcome of HIV salvage therapy.
- Irinotecan (CPT-11) and mitomycin-C (MMC) as second-line therapy in advanced gastric cancer: a phase II study of the Gruppo Oncologico dell' Italia Meridionale (prot. 2106)Francesco Giuliani
Department of Medical Oncology, Oncology Institute, Bari, Italy
Am J Clin Oncol 28:581-5. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the activity and toxicity of a combination regimen of CPT-11 and mitomycin-c as second-line chemotherapy for pretreated patients with advanced, metastatic, or both, gastric adenocarcinoma...
- Patient selection, cancer control, and complications after salvage local therapy for postradiation prostate-specific antigen failure: a systematic review of the literaturePaul L Nguyen
Department of Radiation Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 110:1417-28. 2007....
- Comparison of single versus fractionated dose of stereotactic radiotherapy for salvaging local failures of nasopharyngeal carcinoma: a matched-cohort analysisDaniel T T Chua
Department of Clinical Oncology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, PR China
Head Neck Oncol 1:13. 2009..Stereotactic radiation using single or multiple fractions have been employed in re-irradiation of NPC, but the optimal fractionation scheme and dose are not clear...
- Adjuvant and salvage radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy for prostate cancerN Taylor
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:755-63. 2003..The optimal role of radiotherapy (RT) to the prostate bed after radical prostatectomy (RP) is the subject of much debate. In this study, the results of adjuvant RT (ART) and salvage RT (SRT) were compared...
- Phase III comparison of two irinotecan dosing regimens in second-line therapy of metastatic colorectal cancerCharles S Fuchs
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:807-14. 2003..We prospectively compared the efficacy and tolerability of two irinotecan regimens (once a week for 4 weeks followed by a 2-week rest period [weekly] v once every 3 weeks) in such patients...
- Phase II study of irinotecan combined with cisplatin in patients with previously untreated small-cell lung cancer. West Japan Lung Cancer GroupS Kudoh
First Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka City University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
J Clin Oncol 16:1068-74. 1998..Cisplatin is also a key drug against SCLC. We conducted a phase II study of CPT-11 combined with cisplatin to evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of this regimen in patients with previously untreated SCLC...
- The International Prognostic Index correlates to survival in patients with aggressive lymphoma in relapse: analysis of the PARMA trial. Parma GroupJ Blay
PARMA Cooperative Group with Fédération Nationale des Centres de Lutte Contre le Cancer FNCLCC, Dutch Haemato Oncology Working Party HOVON, European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer EORTC, Lyon, France
Blood 92:3562-8. 1998....
- Results of whole-brain radiation as salvage of methotrexate failure for immunocompetent patients with primary CNS lymphomaPaul L Nguyen
Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Radiation Oncology, 100 Blossom St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:1507-13. 2005This study evaluates the efficacy and toxicity of whole-brain radiation therapy (WBRT) as salvage therapy for immunocompetent patients who failed initial high-dose methotrexate for primary CNS lymphoma (PCNSL).
- Salvage radiotherapy for recurrent prostate cancer: the earlier the betterMitchell S Anscher
JAMA 291:1380-2. 2004
- Salvage radiotherapy for isolated prostate specific antigen increase after radical prostatectomy: evaluation of prognostic factors and creation of a prognostic scoring systemSteven J Buskirk
Department of Radiation Oncology, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Urol 176:985-90. 2006..This study was performed to evaluate the results and prognostic factors associated with radiotherapy for a detectable serum prostate specific antigen level after radical prostatectomy...
- Temozolomide as salvage treatment in primary brain lymphomasM Reni
Medical Oncology Unit, Department of Oncology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Br J Cancer 96:864-7. 2007..Toxicity was negligible. We conclude that temozolomide is active in recurrent primary brain lymphomas and should further be evaluated in this disease, perhaps in combination with MTX as initial treatment...
- Sorafenib in patients with advanced biliary tract carcinoma: a phase II trialC Bengala
Division of Medical Oncology, University Hospital, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, 41100 Modena, Italy
Br J Cancer 102:68-72. 2010..Sorafenib, a multikinase inhibitor of VEGFR-2/-3, PDGFR-beta, B-Raf, and C-Raf, has shown to be active in preclinical models of cholangiocarcinoma...
- A phase II study of weekly docetaxel as salvage chemotherapy for advanced gastric cancerF Graziano
Medical Oncology Unit, Hospital of Urbino, Italy
Ann Oncol 11:1263-6. 2000..In this study, we explored the activity of weekly docetaxel in patients with advanced gastric cancer who failed first-line chemotherapy...
- Prostate cancer DNA ploidy and response to salvage hormone therapy after radiotherapy with or without short-term total androgen blockade: an analysis of RTOG 8610A Pollack
Department of Radiation Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, and Radiation Therapy Oncology Group, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:1238-48. 2003..The protocol treatment randomization was RT alone versus RT plus short-course (approximately 4 months) neoadjuvant and concurrent total androgen blockade (RT+TAB)...
- Salvage living donor liver transplantation after prior liver resection for hepatocellular carcinomaShin Hwang
Division of Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Liver Transpl 13:741-6. 2007..These results indicate that every combination of prior hepatectomy and living donor liver graft is feasible for patients undergoing salvage LDLT, and the acceptable extent of HCC for salvage LDLT is equivalent to that for primary LDLT...
- R-ESHAP as salvage therapy for patients with relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: the influence of prior exposure to rituximab on outcome. A GEL/TAMO studyAlejandro Martin
Department of Hematology, Complejo Hospitalario de Zamora, Avenida de Requejo 35, Zamora 49022, Spain
Haematologica 93:1829-36. 2008....
- A Resorbable Cryoprobe Provides a Salvage Therapeutic OptionKRISTI SNYDER; Fiscal Year: 2007..applied in specific locations of the diseased area; (3) The application of will initially be intended as a salvage therapy tool for treating prostate cancer and; (4) the utilization of this device may also be an effective nerve-..
- Development of Transdermal Films for the the Delivery of HIV TherapeuticsAnthony Sang Won Ham; Fiscal Year: 2010..viruses and thus might be highly effective supplements to existing HAART regimens or constituents of salvage therapy regimens in patients failing long courses of RT and protease inhibitor therapies...
- SPORE in LymphomaRichard Ambinder; Fiscal Year: 2009..with high dose therapy and autologous peripheral stem cell rescue insofar as this has emerged as the standard salvage therapy for HL patients and reduces tumor bulk and tumor-associated cytokines, chemokines and other molecules that ..
- Novel IL-15 Superagonist Therapy for Bladder CancerHing C Wong; Fiscal Year: 2011..Thus, a novel therapy, either as first-line or salvage therapy, is desperately needed for NMIBC to prevent disease progression and allow for bladder preservation to improve ..
- Identification of novel HIV capsid assembly inhibitors (Hit-to-Lead development)OSVALDO ARIEL FLORES; Fiscal Year: 2011..in treatment options, there continues to be an unmet medical need for new HIV treatments for front-line and salvage therapy. The burden of HIV infection continues to insistently grow in Africa and in specialized populations in the ..
- USE AND OUTCOMES OF INTERMITTENT ANDROGEN DEPRIVATION THERAPY IN PROSTATE CANCERHuei Ting Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2013..decades, it has also been increasingly used with clinically localized disease as primary monotherapy, or as salvage therapy for recurrent disease following curative-intent surgery or radiotherapy...
- SYNTHESIS AND BIOTRANSFORMATION OF ANTI-HIV PRODRUGSChung K Chu; Fiscal Year: 2010..it has demonstrated a favorable viral resistant profile in vitro as well as in vivo, which is necessary for salvage therapy for AIDS patients. Therefore, DAPD has been designated as a "fast-track" compound by the FDA...
- Rapid Diagnosis of XDR TuberculosisDavid Alland; Fiscal Year: 2013..Early and rapid detection of XDR TB could be crucial to disease management by alerting physicians to use salvage therapy and to institute special infection control procedures...
- Heterocellular 3D ovarian tumor arrays for imaging and mechanistic combinationsTayyaba Hasan; Fiscal Year: 2013..study will impact outcomes for patients with advanced (stage II-IV) and resistant OvCa and those receiving salvage therapy. The infrastructure developed through this highly integrated approach will create a new framework to rapidly ..
- Focal HIFU Ablation of Prostate Cancer Using Advanced Ultrasound GuidanceNarendra T Sanghvi; Fiscal Year: 2013..3) developing methods to identify viable cancer regions in radiation-treated patients who require salvage therapy. The proposed RRI-FSI Partnership will include internationally respected clinical collaborators who are ..
- Episcleral Chemotherapy as Salvage Therapy for Eyes with RetinoblastomaRICARDO A CARVALHO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus this trial will be salvage therapy. Demonstration of safety, tolerability and efficacy will allow 3T Ophthalmics to rapidly bring to market a ..
- Community-based accompaniment with supervised antiretrovirals in Lima, PeruSonya S Shin; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will enroll individuals living in extreme poverty who are starting either first-line HAART or salvage therapy due to virologic failure. Those residing in intervention clusters will receive 12 months of DOT-HAART...
- ACTIVITY OF RESISTANT VARIANTS OF HIV PROTEASEIrene T Weber; Fiscal Year: 2012..of mutant proteases, resulting in high potency, excellent resistance profile, and approval for AIDS salvage therapy in June 2006...
- Sustainable Synthesis of EnfuvirtideMichael C Pirrung; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project will utilize the following methods: organic synthesis, peptide synthesis, and solid-phase synthesis. ..
- INTEGRATE/PHARMACOKINETIC/ANTIRETROVIRUS RESISTANCE TESTEdward Acosta; Fiscal Year: 2006..viral phenotypic drug susceptibility (IC50) information to assist clinicians in choosing optimal regimens for salvage therapy of their treatment-experienced HIV-infected patients...
- Improved Diagnosis in ALLDietrich Stephan; Fiscal Year: 2003..b>Salvage therapy for this poor outcome group is currently ineffectual (LTDFS in less than 10 percent of cases) but there is ..
- Hu1D10 in CLL: CLINICAL AND LABORATORY STUDIESJohn Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2006..CLL); Rituximab has moved into frontline CLL drug combinations, and Campath-1H has been approved for salvage therapy. Our group has been actively pursuing the pre-clinical and clinical development of a humanized HLA-DR beta-..
- Synthesis/Biological evaluation of Anti-HIV NucleosidesDavid Chu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, Patients need additional drugs for salvage therapy. Previously, under the support of this grant we have discovered several clinical candidates for HIV (DAPD; ..
- TECHNIQUES FOR CALCULATING TUMOR DOSIMETRY FROM IMAGINGKENNETH KORAL; Fiscal Year: 2003..Applications of the methods to other therapies and to imaging with other multi-gamma-emission radionuclides such as 111-In are also possible. ..
- Fitness of Enfuvirtide-(T-20)-Resistant HIV-1Daniel Kuritzkes; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results of these studies will provide a deeper understanding of the molecular, virologic, and clinical consequences ofT-20 resistance, and may help guide the use of T-20 in salvage therapy.
- DEVELOPMENT OF POLY-L-GLUTAMIC ACID PACLITAXEL CONJUGATESidney Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2005..A phase I clinical trial of CT-2103 as single agent salvage therapy for patients with advanced solid tumors demonstrated safety and tolerability in dose up to 266 mg equivalent ..
- MRI Guided and Tumor Targeted HDR Brachytherapy for Recurrent Prostate CancerCynthia Menard; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this way, we hope to improve cancer related outcomes, reduce the side effects of salvage therapy, and improve quality of life.
- Molecular Profiling to Predict Response to ChemotherapyJohnathan Lancaster; Fiscal Year: 2006..Prospectively collected ovarian samples will be arrayed and the clinical response to primary and salvage therapy observed...
- PRO 542 Immunotherapy of Advanced HIV 1 DiseaseWilliam Olson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The fusion inhibitor T-20 recently became the first entry inhibitor to receive FDA approval for salvage therapy of HIV-1 infection, thus validating viral entry as a viable target for therapy...
- ADULT AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITDavid Clifford; Fiscal Year: 2006..the ACTU investigators will focus on providing leadership in antiretroviral trials, specifically studies of salvage therapy for failing antiretroviral treatment or intensification of early failures...
- ROLE OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE MUTATION IN HIV FITNESSPrem Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2002..through the proposed studies should help optimize protocols of specific drug combinations for clinical trials, based on drugs which select for viruses that are less fit and design a salvage therapy for multi-drug failure subjects.
- Objective Flap Assessment During Reconstructive SurgeryJOHN FRANGIONI; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Specific Aim 3, we guide decision-making regarding salvage therapy with fibrinolytics using an NIR fibrinogen derivative also developed by our laboratory...
- HIV DART:Frontiers in Drug Development for ARV TherapiesRAYMOND SCHINAZI; Fiscal Year: 2009..amp;New Drug Development (4) Immunotherapy &Vaccines for HIV Infection (5) First-line Antiretroviral/Salvage Therapy (6) Complications of Antiretroviral Therapy: Basic to Clinical (7) HIV/Hepatitis and Other Co-infections...
- Defibrotide for the treatment of severe hepatic veno-cc*Paul Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Phase II Study of 44Gy from 131I-81C6 for CNS TumorsDavid Reardon; Fiscal Year: 2004..To further define the toxicity of this approach and Specific Aim 3.To determine the impact of this therapy on quality of life. ..
- Clofarabine: Cytarabine Activation for Leukemia ResponseStefan Faderl; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BLys inhibition using TACI-Fc in patients with B-bell non-Hodgkins' LymphomaStephen Ansell; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Proapoptotic Therapy for B-cell Non Hodgkin's LymphomaAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OPTIMIZING RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR NON HODGKIN'S LYMPHOMAAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these interventions will ultimately enhance the prognosis for patients with relapsed lymphoma by increasing the response and survival rates, while simultaneously minimizing toxicities. ..
- RETROVIRAL TRANSFER OF ANKYRIN FOR SPHEROCYTOSISPamela Becker; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Type II TGF Beta Receptor and RCC ProgressionAlexander Parker; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase I Clinical Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsFrancis Giles; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The grant will also allow for continuation of meritorious pilot protocols and will allow GCC to monitor and collect data which will produce mutual benefit to the GCC and CALGB. ..
- AFP-Based Immunotherapy for Hepatocellular CarcinomaAntoni Ribas; Fiscal Year: 2006..In summary, I propose a clinically-oriented research program that translates this original work into novel, evidence-based immnunotherapy trials for hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Strategies Against HPV Related Genital Diseases in WomenBradley Monk; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is expected that Dr. Monk will have obtained extramural funding for both his laboratory and clinical studies by the end of the period of support requested. ..
- PHASE I TRIALS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- FDG PET-CT in Metastatic Prostate CancerHossein Jadvar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Rigorous statistical methods will be applied to determine the diagnostic and prognostic performance of FDG PET-CT in this clinical setting. ..
- SYNOVIOCYTE RHO-TYPE GTPASES IN CARTILAGE DESTRUCTIONLeslie Crofford; Fiscal Year: 2002..Ultimately, we will determine the effects of the Rho-type GTPases on synoviocyte adherence to and migration over articular cartilage, production of MMPs, and destruction of the cartilage matrix. ..
- Phase 3 stem cell transplant for light chain amyloidosisMorie A Gertz; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, the analysis of clonal precursor B cells in the periphery and kinetics of amyloid formation of the monoclonal light chain will allow us to define and determine the mechanisms of disease progression and response to therapy. ..
- Molecular Characterization of p53R2 in Head and Neck CaStuart Wong; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will identify and characterize the frequency of p53R2 gene SNPs in HNSCC patients and test the hypothesis that p53R2 gene SNPs predict adverse normal tissue radiation effects in HNSCC patients treated with radiation. ..
- The impact of early antiretroviral therapy on HIV persistence and inflammationSTEVEN GRANT DEEKS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our work may also provide important insights in the role of chronic inflammation in driving viral persistence, and hence may lead to the development of novel interventions. ..
- Rapamycin as an Antineoplastic AgentEzra Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2006..At the conclusion of the trial RAPA toxicity and effect on p-S6K will be defined over a range of doses as well as the MTD for use in future studies that will develop this agent. ..
- Phase II Trial of Thalidomide in Primary AmyloidosisAngela Dispenzieri; Fiscal Year: 2002..The ultimate goal of the proposed studies is to improve the prognosis of patient with this fatal disease. ..
- PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR CLINICAL TRIAL CONSORTIUMMichael Prados; Fiscal Year: 2003..The aim of these treatment approaches is to increase disease-free and overall survival in children with brain tumors. ..
- When Belief Becomes False Memory: A Processing AccountDaniel Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed work will help clarify the relationship between belief and memory, thereby delineating some of the mechanisms responsible for false memory. ..
- Immunologic Control of Drug-resistant HIV-1Steven Deeks; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, since we will estimate the relative in vivo thresholds for HIV-mediated immunogenicity and pathogenicity, these studies may also have implications for vaccine development. ..
- P450 PHENOTYPE AND CHEMOTHERAPY TOXICITY IN THE ELDERLYELIZABETH DEES; Fiscal Year: 2006..They have assembled a carefully selected group of collaborators and advisors to assist in the research projects and Dr. Dees's career development. ..
- Host-Response Relationships in Patients with CandidemiaMelissa Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Treatment of Early Stage Multiple MyelomaS Rajkumar; Fiscal Year: 2006..BM angiogenesis will be studied using immunostaining (IHC) for CD34 and an in vitro human angiogenesis assay. VEGF expression will be studied using IHC and quantitative RT-PCR. ..
- A Novel Dosing Schedule of Flavopiridol in CLLThomas Lin; Fiscal Year: 2006..We hypothesize that this dosing schedule will modulate pharmacodynamic targets and show clinical activity. We plan to proceed to phase II studies of this schedule in high-risk CLL patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Basis of Colon Adenoma Synchronous to Carcinoma.Yun Yen; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will understand better the biology of different subsets of sporadic CRC, namely CRC+SA, proximal tumors and MSI instable tumors. Our findings will impact on future clinical therapeutic studies of CRC. ..
- A Phase I Study of Single Agent Flavopiridol in B-Cell *Thomas Lin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, we will examine whether acute infusion toxicity to flavopiridol is accompanied by release of inflammatory cytokines such as TNF-a, IFN-y, IL-6, IL-8 and IL-10. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Identification of Mulit-Drug Resistant HIV-1 IsolatesRobert Shafer; Fiscal Year: 2008..that are only partially active against isolates with high-level class resistance may not be effective for salvage therapy because these isolates may harbor subpopulations that will require only one or two additional mutations to ..
- FACTORS IN THE PREVENTION OF TOXIC LIVER INJURYThomas Boyer; Fiscal Year: 2008..The studies will clarify why expression of certain proteins fall during the acute phase response. ..
- Consortium Therapeutic Studies of Primary Central Nervous System MalignanciesTimothy Cloughesy; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, significant infrastructure expertise exists at UCLA to aide the consortium with needs that are important for the acceleration of brain cancer translational research. ..
- Clinical Development of anti-OX40 and OX40LBrendan Curti; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Functional Infrared Imaging Predicts Radiation MucositisEzra Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such a tool would have wide applicability in this patient population and would have tremendous impact on their treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ISLET OF LANGERHANS GRAFT MONITORING BY MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGINGThierry Berney; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prevention/diagnosis/fungal infections/transplantationBarbara Alexander; Fiscal Year: 2005..This approach will shorten the time from development to clinical implementation in therapeutic trials and guidelines. ..
- Lapatinib in childhood CNS malignanciesMaryam Fouladi; Fiscal Year: 2006..These data will be used in the rational design of future phase I combination or frontline studies to improve the outcome in children with these poor prognosis tumors. [unreadable] [unreadable]..