Genomes and Genes
Summary: The therapy of the same disease in a patient, with the same agent or procedure repeated after initial treatment, or with an additional or alternate measure or follow-up. It does not include therapy which requires more than one administration of a therapeutic agent or regimen. Retreatment is often used with reference to a different modality when the original one was inadequate, harmful, or unsuccessful.
Publications261 found, 100 shown here
- Telaprevir for retreatment of HCV infectionStefan Zeuzem
Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Medical Center, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
N Engl J Med 364:2417-28. 2011..Up to 60% of patients with hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype 1 infection do not have a sustained virologic response to therapy with peginterferon alfa plus ribavirin...
- Risk factors for tuberculosis treatment failure, default, or relapse and outcomes of retreatment in MoroccoKelly E Dooley
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
BMC Public Health 11:140. 2011Patients with tuberculosis require retreatment if they fail or default from initial treatment or if they relapse following initial treatment success...
- Enterococcus faecalis: its role in root canal treatment failure and current concepts in retreatmentCharles H Stuart
Department of Endodontics, Wilford Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, USA
J Endod 32:93-8. 2006..faecalis within the root canal systems of teeth. In the changing face of dental care, continued research on E. faecalis and its elimination from the dental apparatus may well define the future of the endodontic specialty...
- Coiling of intracranial aneurysms: a systematic review on initial occlusion and reopening and retreatment ratesSandra P Ferns
Department of Radiology, Academic Medical Center Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Stroke 40:e523-9. 2009..To assess overall outcome of coiling, we systematically reviewed the literature to determine initial occlusion, reopening, and retreatment rates of coiled aneurysms according to predefined criteria and subgroups.
- Early results of systematic drug susceptibility testing in pulmonary tuberculosis retreatment cases in CameroonJürgen Noeske
German Development Cooperation GIZ, P, O, Box 7814, Yaounde, Cameroon
BMC Res Notes 5:160. 2012..tuberculosis (PTB) patients reported with resistance to first-line anti-tuberculosis drugs after a standardized retreatment regimen in Cameroon is increasing...
- Comparison between gutta-percha and resilon removal using two different techniques in endodontic retreatmentDaniel Pinto de Oliveira
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7450, USA
J Endod 32:362-4. 2006..05). K3 rotary system was faster than Liberator to remove both gutta-percha and Resilon (p < 0.05). Resilon/Epiphany was effectively removed with K3 or Liberator rotary files...
- Efficacy of ProTaper Universal rotary retreatment system for gutta-percha removal from root canalsL S Gu
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Guanghua College of Stomatology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Int Endod J 41:288-95. 2008To evaluate the efficacy of the ProTaper Universal rotary retreatment system for gutta-percha (GP) removal from root canals.
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy for recurrent squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: results of a phase I dose-escalation trialDwight E Heron
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:1493-500. 2009..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) in previously irradiated patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)...
- Efficacy of D-RaCe and ProTaper Universal Retreatment NiTi instruments and hand files in removing gutta-percha from curved root canals - a micro-computed tomography studyT Rödig
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Periodontology and Cariology, University of Gottingen, Göttingen Centre for Statistics, University of Gottingen, Germany
Int Endod J 45:580-9. 2012To compare the efficacy of two rotary NiTi retreatment systems and Hedström files in removing filling material from curved root canals.
- Irradiation and bevacizumab in high-grade glioma retreatment settingsMaximilian Niyazi
Department of Radiation Oncology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:67-76. 2012..To study the feasibility of reirradiation combined with bevacizumab treatment, the toxicity and treatment outcomes of this approach were analyzed retrospectively...
- Quantec SC rotary instruments versus hand files for gutta-percha removal in root canal retreatmentL V Betti
Department of Endodontics, Bauru School of Dentistry, , Brazil
Int Endod J 34:514-9. 2001..of this study was to compare Quantec SC rotary instruments and hand files for removal of gutta-percha during retreatment. METHODOLOGY: Twenty maxillary central incisors with a single straight canal were selected...
- One-year results of three monthly ranibizumab injections and as-needed reinjections for polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy in Japanese patientsTaiichi Hikichi
Ohtsuka Eye Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 154:117-124.e1. 2012..To investigate the 1-year outcomes of monthly intravitreal injections of ranibizumab for 3 months followed by an as-needed reinjection schedule to treat polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy (PCV) in Japanese patients...
- Management of nonresponse to rituximab in rheumatoid arthritis: predictors and outcome of re-treatmentE M Vital
University of Leeds, Chapel Allerton Hospital and Leeds Teaching Hospitals National Health Service Trust, Leeds, UK
Arthritis Rheum 62:1273-9. 2010..This study was undertaken to examine whether an additional cycle of rituximab would improve B cell depletion and clinical response in patients whose disease did not respond to the initial cycle...
- Fractionated stereotactic radiosurgery for reirradiation of head-and-neck cancerKeith R Unger
Department of Radiation Medicine, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:1411-9. 2010..We report our experience with reirradiation using fractionated SRS for head-and-neck cancer...
- Efficacy of different rotary instruments for gutta-percha removal in root canal retreatmentJorg F Schirrmeister
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology Albert Ludwigs University of Freiburg, Germany
J Endod 32:469-72. 2006..ProTaper, and RaCe rotary instruments compared with Hedström files for removal of gutta-percha during retreatment. Sixty mandibular premolars with one single straight canal were instrumented with K-type files and filled using ..
- A comparison of the efficacy of conventional and new retreatment instruments to remove gutta-percha in curved root canals: an ex vivo studyG Celik Unal
Department of Endodontics, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Int Endod J 42:344-50. 2009To compare the efficacy of conventional and new retreatment instruments when removing gutta-percha root fillings in curved root canals.
- The effectiveness of manual and mechanical instrumentation for the retreatment of three different root canal filling materialsFrancesco Somma
Department of Endodontics, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
J Endod 34:466-9. 2008..of this study was to compare the effectiveness of the Mtwo R (Sweden & Martina, Padova, Italy), ProTaper retreatment files (Dentsply-Maillefer, Ballaigues, Switzerland), and a Hedström manual technique in the removal of three ..
- Fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy as reirradiation for locally recurrent head and neck cancerKwang Won Roh
Department of Radiation Oncology, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:1348-55. 2009..We report early preliminary experience with CyberKnife radiosurgery (RS) as salvage treatment for locally recurrent head and neck cancer (HNC)...
- Efficacy, cleaning ability and safety of different rotary NiTi instruments in root canal retreatmentM Hulsmann
Department of Operative Dentistry, Preventive Dentistry and Periodontology, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Int Endod J 37:468-76. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy, cleaning ability and safety of three different rotary nickel-titanium instruments with and without a solvent (eucalyptol) versus hand files in the removal of gutta-percha root fillings...
- Clinical results of retreatment of vertebral bone metastases by stereotactic conformal radiotherapy and intensity-modulated radiotherapyStefanie Milker-Zabel
Department of Clinical Radiology, Radiation Therapy, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:162-7. 2003..We evaluated local control, pain relief, neurologic improvement, side effects, and survival rates after fractionated conformal radiotherapy (FCRT) and intensity-modulated RT (IMRT) of recurrent spinal metastases...
- Clinical responses to EGFR-tyrosine kinase inhibitor retreatment in non-small cell lung cancer patients who benefited from prior effective gefitinib therapy: a retrospective analysisSatoshi Watanabe
Department of Medicine, Niigata University Medical and Dental Hospital, Niigata City, Japan
BMC Cancer 11:1. 2011..The present study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of the 2(nd) EGFR-TKI administration...
- Antibiotic retreatment of Lyme disease in patients with persistent symptoms: a biostatistical review of randomized, placebo-controlled, clinical trialsAllison K Delong
Center for Statistical Sciences, Department of Biostatistics, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 33:1132-42. 2012..Current treatment guidelines for persistent disease primarily rely on findings from four randomized, controlled trials (RCTs), strongly advising against retreatment.
- Bortezomib retreatment in relapsed multiple myeloma - results from a retrospective multicentre survey in Germany and SwitzerlandI Hrusovsky
Diakonie Krankenhaus, Schwäbisch Hall, Germany
Oncology 79:247-54. 2010This multicenter, retrospective survey evaluated the efficacy and safety of bortezomib retreatment in patients with relapsed multiple myeloma who had responded to initial bortezomib treatment.
- ACR Appropriateness Criteria® follow-up and retreatment of brain metastasesSamir H Patel
Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 35:302-6. 2012Multiple options for retreatment are available, which include whole-brain radiation therapy, stereotactic radiosurgery, surgery, chemotherapy, and supportive care...
- The effectiveness of a self-adjusting file to remove residual gutta-percha after retreatment with rotary filesI Abramovitz
Department of Endodontics, The Hebrew University and Hadassah Faculty of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Int Endod J 45:386-92. 2012To test the efficacy of a two-stage retreatment method in which the Self-Adjusting File (SAF) is used to remove root canal filling residue left in the canal after using ProTaper Universal retreatment files.
- Meta-analysis: re-treatment of genotype I hepatitis C nonresponders and relapsers after failing interferon and ribavirin combination therapyA G Singal
University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 32:969-83. 2010..The efficacy of re-treating genotype I hepatitis C virus (HCV) patients who failed combination therapy with interferon/pegylated interferon (PEG-IFN) and ribavirin remains unclear...
- Intravitreal bevacizumab for exudative branching vascular networks in polypoidal choroidal vasculopathyTaku Wakabayashi
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 96:394-9. 2012..To assess the long-term efficacy of intravitreal bevacizumab for recurrent leakage owing to the residual branching vascular networks in polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy after photodynamic therapy...
- Immunoglobulin failure and retreatment in Kawasaki diseaseK Durongpisitkul
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Prannok Road, Bangkok, Thailand 10700
Pediatr Cardiol 24:145-8. 2003..6% of our Kawasaki patients. We found that low hemoglobin (<10 G/DL), high neutrophil count (> 75%), high band count, and a low albumin were associated with the requirement for retreatment with a second dose of IVIG.
- Effectiveness of a hand file and three nickel-titanium rotary instruments for removing gutta-percha in curved root canals during retreatmentJorg F Schirrmeister
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, Albert Ludwigs University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 101:542-7. 2006This study intended to compare the effectiveness of hand files and FlexMaster, ProTaper, and RaCe rotary instruments for removing gutta-percha in curved root canals during retreatment.
- In vitro study of effect of solvent on root canal retreatmentKazumi Onaga Nagayama Oyama
Discipline of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, USP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 13:208-11. 2002..There was no significant difference between xylol and orange oil, but these were statistically different from eucalyptol, halothane and chloroform (p < 0.01)...
- Gutta-percha retreatment: effectiveness of nickel-titanium rotary instruments versus stainless steel hand filesKefah M Barrieshi-Nusair
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid
J Endod 28:454-6. 2002This study compared the cleanliness of the root canal walls after retreatment using nickel titanium (NiTi) rotary and stainless steel (SS) files. Also compared were time of retreatment and canal deviation...
- Retreatment with telaprevir combination therapy in hepatitis C patients with well-characterized prior treatment responseAndrew J Muir
Duke Clinical Research Institute and Division of Gastroenterology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27715, USA
Hepatology 54:1538-46. 2011b>Retreatment with peginterferon alpha and ribavirin (PR) offers a limited chance of sustained virologic response (SVR) in patients who did not achieve SVR with prior PR treatment...
- In vitro evaluation of the cleansing working time and analysis of the amount of gutta-percha or Resilon remnants in the root canal walls after instrumentation for endodontic retreatmentRodrigo Sanches Cunha
Endodontic Area, Centre for Dental Research, São Leopoldo Mandic University Campinas, Campinas, Brazil
J Endod 33:1426-8. 2007..Time was not a significant factor. Under scanning electron microscopy analysis, the teeth presented material remnants in the 3 analyzed thirds. Resilon was better removed from the canal than the gutta-percha cones and the AH Plus...
- Effectiveness of different techniques for removing gutta-percha during retreatmentA V Masiero
Department of Dentistry and Endodontics, School of Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Pelotas, Brazil
Int Endod J 38:2-7. 2005..To evaluate the effectiveness of various techniques for removing filling material from root canals in vitro...
- Two-year results of photodynamic therapy for polypoidal choroidal vasculopathyYumiko Kurashige
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 146:513-519. 2008..To report on the two-year visual outcomes of indocyanine green angiography-guided photodynamic therapy (PDT) for polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy (PCV) patients...
- Enterococcus spp. in endodontically treated teeth with and without periradicular lesionsBlythe Kaufman
Department of Endodontology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut, USA
J Endod 31:851-6. 2005..are more prevalent in endodontically treated teeth with periradicular lesions compared with teeth that require retreatment but have no periradicular rarefaction...
- Retreatment of Helicobacter pylori infection after initial treatment failureD J Kearney
Gastroenterology Section, University of Washington, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 96:1335-9. 2001..b>Retreatment strategies for patients who have failed initial treatment for H. pylori infection remain poorly described...
- Retreatment of vestibular schwannomas with Gamma Knife surgerySheri Dewan
New England Gamma Knife Center and Department of Neurosurgery, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Neurosurg 109:144-8. 2008..The authors retrospectively studied the outcome of retreating 11 patients with Gamma Knife surgery (GKS)...
- ACR appropriateness criteria retreatment of recurrent head and neck cancer after prior definitive radiation expert panel on radiation oncology-head and neck cancerMark W McDonald
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 80:1292-8. 2011....
- Retreatment with pemetrexed-based chemotherapy in patients with malignant pleural mesotheliomaGiovanni L Ceresoli
Oncology Unit, Cliniche Humanitas Gavazzeni, Bergamo, Italy giovanni
Lung Cancer 72:73-7. 2011..Further prospective evaluation of this therapeutic option is warranted...
- Final report of RTOG 9610, a multi-institutional trial of reirradiation and chemotherapy for unresectable recurrent squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckSharon A Spencer
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Head Neck 30:281-8. 2008....
- Adalimumab for moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis: efficacy and safety of retreatment and disease recurrence following withdrawal from therapyK Papp
Probity Medical Research, Waterloo, ON, Canada
Br J Dermatol 164:434-41. 2011Adalimumab is effective for moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis; however, data regarding retreatment following withdrawal and subsequent relapse are limited.
- Ranibizumab according to need: a treatment for age-related macular degenerationRichard Spaide
Am J Ophthalmol 143:679-80. 2007
- Retreatment efficacy of the Epiphany soft resin obturation systemA Hassanloo
Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Int Endod J 40:633-43. 2007To assess the efficacy of retreatment of canals filled with the Epiphany System with and without solvent, with particular reference to the extent of canal enlargement during retreatment.
- Heat release, time required, and cleaning ability of MTwo R and ProTaper universal retreatment systems in the removal of filling materialClovis Monteiro Bramante
Department of Operative Dentistry, Dental Materials and Endodontics, Dental School of Bauru, University of Sao Paulo, Bauru, SP, Brazil
J Endod 36:1870-3. 2010..the heat release, time required, and cleaning efficacy of MTwo (VDW, Munich, Germany) and ProTaper Universal Retreatment systems (Dentsply/Maillefer, Ballaigues, Switzerland) and hand instrumentation in the removal of filling ..
- An optical coherence tomography-guided, variable dosing regimen with intravitreal ranibizumab (Lucentis) for neovascular age-related macular degenerationAnne E Fung
Pacific Eye Associates, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 143:566-83. 2007..To evaluate an optical coherence tomography (OCT)-guided, variable-dosing regimen with intravitreal ranibizumab for the treatment of patients with neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Efficacy of two rotary NiTi instruments in the removal of Gutta-Percha during root canal retreatmentAbdulhamied Y Saad
Department of Oral Biology, Department of Endodontics, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Al Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt
J Endod 33:38-41. 2007..of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of ProTaper and K3 in the removal of gutta-percha during root canal retreatment in comparison with hand Hedstrom files...
- Treatment outcome in endodontics: the Toronto study. Phases I and II: Orthograde retreatmentMahsa Farzaneh
Discipline of Endodtics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1G6, Canada
J Endod 30:627-33. 2004The 4- to 6-year outcome of orthograde retreatment was assessed for Phases I and II of the Toronto Study. In total, 523 teeth in 444 patients were retreated...
- Levels of evidence for the outcome of endodontic retreatmentStephen Paik
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
J Endod 30:745-50. 2004..a thorough search of published literature related to clinical studies on the success and failure of nonsurgical retreatment, and (b) to assign levels of evidence to these publications...
- Retreatment efficacy of hand versus automated instrumentation in oval-shaped root canals: an ex vivo studyO Zmener
Department of Clinical and Experimental Research, Section of Endodontics, Department of Adult Dental Care, Faculty of Odontology, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Int Endod J 39:521-6. 2006..To compare the efficacy of hand versus automated instrumentation when retreating oval-shaped root canals...
- Results of cohort analysis by category of tuberculosis retreatment cases in Morocco from 1996 to 2003S E Ottmani
Stop TB Department, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 10:1367-72. 2006To analyse treatment outcomes by subcategory of tuberculosis (TB) retreatment cases.
- Effectiveness of hand and rotary instrumentation for removing a new synthetic polymer-based root canal obturation material (Epiphany) during retreatmentJ F Schirrmeister
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, Albert Ludwigs University, Hugstetter Strasse 55, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Int Endod J 39:150-6. 2006To evaluate the effectiveness of hand and rotary instrumentation for removal of vertically compacted Epiphany and gutta-percha during retreatment.
- Efficacy of ProTaper universal retreatment files in removing filling materials during root canal retreatmentValentina Giuliani
Department of Endodontics, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Endod 34:1381-4. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of the ProTaper Universal System rotary retreatment system and of Profile 0.06 and hand instruments (K-file) in the removal of root filling materials...
- Retreatment of trigeminal neuralgia with Gamma Knife radiosurgery: is there an appropriate cumulative dose? Clinical articleTomas Dvorak
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Neurosurg 111:359-64. 2009..Repeat GKS can be performed, but the retreatment dose has not been well established...
- Microorganisms from canals of root-filled teeth with periapical lesionsE T Pinheiro
Endodontic Department, Piracicaba Dental School, State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Int Endod J 36:1-11. 2003..The objective of the present study was to identify the microbial flora within root canals of teeth with failed root-canal treatment and to determine the association of the various species with clinical features...
- In vitro evaluation of the effectiveness of ProTaper universal rotary retreatment system for gutta-percha removal with or without a solventCristiane Midori Takahashi
Department of Endodontics, Centre for Dental Research São Leopoldo Mandic, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Endod 35:1580-3. 2009Effective removal of gutta-percha in endodontic retreatment is a significant factor to ensure a favorable outcome from failed procedures...
- Three-dimensional evaluation of effectiveness of hand and rotary instrumentation for retreatment of canals filled with different materialsMohammad Hammad
School of Dentistry, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Endod 34:1370-3. 2008..Teeth were scanned with a micro-computed tomography scan, and then root fillings were removed by using ProTaper retreatment files or hand K-files...
- Effectiveness of a calcium hydroxide and chlorhexidine digluconate mixture as disinfectant during retreatment of failed endodontic casesJoseph A Zerella
Department of Endodontology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Connecticut, Farmington, Conn, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 100:756-61. 2005..investigation is to compare the effect of a slurry of Ca(OH)2 mixed in aqueous 2% chlorhexidine (CHX) versus aqueous Ca(OH)2 slurry alone on the disinfection of the pulp space of failed root-filled teeth during endodontic retreatment.
- Single fraction radiotherapy is efficacious: a further analysis of the Dutch Bone Metastasis Study controlling for the influence of retreatmentYvette M van der Linden
Department of Clinical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 59:528-37. 2004..24 Gy in multiple fractions (MF) showed 24% retreatment after SF vs. 6% after MF (p < 0.001)...
- Detectability of residual Epiphany and gutta-percha after root canal retreatment using a dental operating microscope and radiographs--an ex vivo studyJ F Schirrmeister
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany
Int Endod J 39:558-65. 2006To compare the detectability of residual Epiphany and gutta-percha after root canal retreatment using a dental operating microscope and radiographic examination with the residual area measured after rendering the roots transparent.
- Efficacy of retreatment techniques for a resin-based root canal obturation materialElie Ezzie
Department of Endodontics, Baylor College of Dentistry, The Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
J Endod 32:341-4. 2006Resilon/Epiphany obturation system is emerging as an alternative to gutta-percha (GP). The efficacy of retreatment techniques for Resilon removal has not been determined...
- Effectiveness of the standard WHO recommended retreatment regimen (category II) for tuberculosis in Kampala, Uganda: a prospective cohort studyEdward C Jones-Lopez
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston University Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS Med 8:e1000427. 2011..present with previously treated TB and are empirically started on a World Health Organization (WHO)-recommended standardized retreatment regimen. The effectiveness of this retreatment regimen has not been systematically evaluated.
- Effectiveness of three different retreatment techniques in canals filled with compacted gutta-percha or Thermafil: a scanning electron microscope studyChiara Pirani
Endodontic Unit, Department of Dental Sciences, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Endod 35:1433-40. 2009..This study evaluated the root canal wall morphology under scanning electron microscopy magnification after removal of 2 types of root canal fillings by using ultrasonic tips, nickel-titanium (NiTi) rotary instruments, and hand K-files...
- IMRT reirradiation with concurrent cetuximab immunotherapy in recurrent head and neck cancerFelix Zwicker
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 187:32-8. 2011....
- Efficacy of ProTaper retreatment system in root canals filled with gutta-percha and two endodontic sealersMarcus Vinicius Reis Só
Department of Endodontics, University of Passo Fundo, Passo Fundo, RS, Brazil
J Endod 34:1223-5. 2008This study evaluated the efficacy of ProTaper Universal rotary retreatment system and hand files for filling material removal during retreatment and the influence of sealer type on the presence of filling debris in the reinstrumented ..
- Drug-susceptibility patterns of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Mpumalanga province, South Africa: possible guiding design of retreatment regimenE Green
AIDS Virus Research Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, University of Venda, South Africa
J Health Popul Nutr 28:7-13. 2010..0012) and >55 years (p=0.007). The result showed a high level (58.4%) of MDR-TB from cases in Mpumalanga province. To achieve a higher cure rate in this province, drug-susceptibility tests must be done for every case...
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy with concurrent chemotherapy for previously irradiated, recurrent head and neck cancerMatthew C Biagioli
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:1067-73. 2007..Intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) has recently emerged as a new modality for salvage therapy. This retrospective study evaluated our experience using every-other-week IMRT with concurrent chemotherapy...
- Managing cetuximab hypersensitivity-infusion reactions: incidence, risk factors, prevention, and retreatmentThomas J George
Department of Medicine, University of Florida Gainesville, Florida 32610 0278, USA
J Support Oncol 8:72-7. 2010..Limited data regarding risk-reduction interventions for HIR or post-HIR retreatment are available...
- New bacterial compositions in root-filled teeth with periradicular lesionsJorg F Schirrmeister
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University Clinic and Dental Hospital, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Endod 35:169-74. 2009..Specimens were sampled from patients undergoing root canal retreatment. The bacteria were characterized by morphologic and biochemical analysis and by 16S rRNA gene sequencing...
- Retreatment of lung adenocarcinoma patients with gefitinib who had experienced favorable results from their initial treatment with this selective epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitor: a report of three casesSeiji Yano
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Therapeutics, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima, Japan
Oncol Res 15:107-11. 2005..Of the three cases, cases 1 and 2 were well controlled by retreatment with gefitinib monotherapy for more than 7 months, suggesting sensitivity to retreatment...
- Effects of rifaximin treatment and retreatment in nonconstipated IBS subjectsMark Pimentel
GI Motility Program, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8730 Alden Drive, Suite 225E, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:2067-72. 2011..rifaximin have demonstrated efficacy and durable improvement in symptoms over 3 months, the long-term need for retreatment using this approach is mostly unknown...
- Push-out bond strength of Resilon/Epiphany self-etch to intraradicular dentin after retreatment: a preliminary studyNoushin Shokouhinejad
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry Dental Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Endod 36:493-6. 2010b>Retreatment procedures might affect the adhesion capability of refilling materials to dentinal walls...
- The influence of different factors on the survival of root canal fillings: a 10-year retrospective studyRichard Stoll
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Dental School, Philipps University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
J Endod 31:783-90. 2005..A nonsignificant influence was recorded for the parameters operator (p = 0.606) and retreatment (p = 0.196).
- Retreatment with erlotinib: Regain of TKI sensitivity following a drug holiday for patients with NSCLC who initially responded to EGFR-TKI treatmentA Becker
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 47:2603-6. 2011..For these patients few treatment options are available after additional progression during or after chemotherapy. The aim of this study is to examine the effect of retreatment with an EGFR-TKI after a drug holiday.
- Retreatment with rituximab based on a treatment-to-target approach provides better disease control than treatment as needed in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a retrospective pooled analysisPaul Emery
Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds LS7 4SA, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:2223-32. 2011To assess the efficacy and safety profiles of two different rituximab retreatment regimens in patients with RA.
- Retreatment of gefitinib in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer who previously controlled to gefitinib: a single-arm, open-label, phase II studyIn Jae Oh
Lung and Esophageal Cancer Clinic, Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital, Jeonnam 519 809, South Korea
Lung Cancer 77:121-7. 2012..Prior to retreatment, progressive disease (PD) should be observed, with at least one cytotoxic treatment following initial gefitinib ..
- Salvage retreatment after failure of radiosurgery in patients with arteriovenous malformationsKelly D Foote
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, USA
J Neurosurg 98:337-41. 2003..The goal of this study was to evaluate the outcomes of patients who underwent repeated radiosurgery to treat a residual intracranial arteriovenous malformation (AVM) after an initial radiosurgical treatment failure...
- A case series: initial outcome of persons with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis after treatment with the WHO standard retreatment regimen in Ho Chi Minh City, VietnamM F Lademarco
Pham Ngoc Thach Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases Center, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 5:575-8. 2001..to at least isoniazid and rifampin, and who receive a standard World Health Organization (WHO) recommended retreatment regimen after relapse or failure with initial treatment...
- Retreatment with anti-vascular endothelial growth factor therapy based on changes in visual acuity after initial stabilization of neovascular age-related macular degeneration: 3-year follow-up resultsRoman Dunavoelgyi
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Retina 32:1471-9. 2012....
- Revised Category II regimen as an alternative strategy for retreatment of Category I regimen failure and irregular treatment casesPayam Tabarsi
Mycobacteriology Research Center, NRITLD, Sheheed, Beheshti University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
Am J Ther 18:343-9. 2011..On the other hand, the retreatment success rate with CAT II in CAT I treatment failures and defaults is nearly 50%...
- Clinical and laboratory characteristics in the retreatment of leprosy relapseSilvana Margarida Benevides Ferreira
Faculdade de Enfermagem, Universidade de Cuiabá
Rev Bras Epidemiol 15:573-81. 2012To compare clinical and laboratory data of leprosy patients diagnosed in specialized services in the State of Mato Grosso, Brazil, during the initial treatment and the retreatment of relapse.
- Durability and retreatment rates of minimal invasive treatments of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a cross-analysis of the literatureBob Djavan
Department of Urology, New York University Hospital, New York, New York 10016, USA
Can J Urol 17:5249-54. 2010..Minimal invasive technologies (MITs), such as transurethral microwave thermotherapy (TUMT), laser ablations, transurethral needle ablation (TUNA) have emerged as an alternative to the TURP...
- Image-guided-radiotherapy retreatment of spine metastasis: a case report and radiobiological evaluationGianluca Ingrosso
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Molecular Imaging, Interventional Radiology and Radiotherapy, Tor Vergata University General Hospital, Rome, Italy
Tumori 96:776-9. 2010The present case report describes vertebral metastasis retreatment using kilovoltage cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) for setup error correction, in order to improve target irradiation and prevent spinal cord toxicity...
- Retreatment with radiotherapy for symptomatic bone, brain or visceral metastasesR Hernanz
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Cta Colmenar Viejo km 9 100, Madrid, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 15:72-8. 2013..The aim of reirradiation in the metastatic disease is mainly palliative to control a particular symptom. However, this theoretical benefit must be confronted against the risk of an undesirable toxicity...
- Quality of life among tuberculosis (TB), TB retreatment and/or TB-HIV co-infected primary public health care patients in three districts in South AfricaJulia Louw
Human Sciences Research Council, Pretoria, Durban and Cape Town, South Africa
Health Qual Life Outcomes 10:77. 2012..This study investigates health related quality of life among tuberculosis (TB), TB retreatment and TB-HIV co-infected public primary health care patients in three districts in South Africa.
- Efficacy of re-treatment with pegylated interferon plus ribavirin combination therapy for patients with chronic hepatitis C in JapanTsugiko Oze
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Yamadaoka, Suita, Japan
J Gastroenterol 46:1031-7. 2011..It is still not known which patients with chronic hepatitis C who failed to respond to previous pegylated interferon (Peg-IFN) plus ribavirin therapy can benefit from re-treatment...
- A clinical description of extubation failure in patients with primary brain injuryNavaz Karanjia
Neurocritical Care Division, Neurology, Anesthesia Critical Care Medicine, Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe Street, Meyer 8 140, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Neurocrit Care 15:4-12. 2011..We then identified the clinical characteristics of those patients with primary brain injury who were reintubated...
- Effectiveness of ProTaper, D-RaCe, and Mtwo retreatment files with and without supplementary instruments in the removal of root canal filling materialB Marques da Silva
Positivo University, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Int Endod J 45:927-32. 2012To assess the efficacy of different retreatment rotary files in removing gutta-percha and endodontic sealer from canals.
- Virological predictors of response to retreatment in hepatitis C genotype 2 infected patientsChung Feng Huang
Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 8:e58882. 2013The impact of virological factors and interleukin-28B (IL-28B) genetic variants on retreatment of hepatitis C virus genotype 2 (HCV-2) treatment-experienced patients remains unknown.
- Retreatment in leprosy: a case-control studyRicardo Arraes Alencar Ximenes
Departamento de Medicina Tropical, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, PE, Brasil
Rev Saude Publica 41:632-7. 2007To assess risk factors for retreatment of leprosy patients.
- Selective laser trabeculoplasty retreatment after prior argon laser trabeculoplasty: 1-year resultsCatherine M Birt
Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 42:715-9. 2007..Many patients have previously received ALT but could benefit from further treatment. The purpose of this study was to examine whether SLT provided clinical benefit for patients who had previously received complete argon treatment...
- Efficacy and safety of retreatment with ipilimumab in patients with pretreated advanced melanoma who progressed after initially achieving disease controlCaroline Robert
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Clin Cancer Res 19:2232-9. 2013..patients in this study who initially responded to ipilimumab treatment but later progressed were eligible for retreatment with their original randomized regimen...
- Local tumor control after retreatment of spinal metastasis using stereotactic body radiotherapy; comparison with initial treatment groupUng Kyu Chang
Department of Neurosurgery, Korean Cancer Center Hospital, Korea Institute of Radiological and Medical Science
Acta Oncol 51:589-95. 2012..The aim of this study is to evaluate local control rates after stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) in recurrent spinal metastasis after external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) and new spinal metastatic lesions...
- Microsurgical endodontic retreatment of post restored posterior teeth: a case seriesBill Kahler
University of Queensland Dental School, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Aust Endod J 36:114-21. 2010..Success rates have been shown to be comparable with conventional orthograde treatment...
- Efficacy of ProTaper Universal Rotary Retreatment system for gutta-percha removal from oval root canals: a micro-computed tomography studyJingzhi Ma
Department of Stomatology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Endod 38:1516-20. 2012..was to use micro-computed tomography to evaluate the amount of remaining root filling material in oval canals filled by using 2 obturation techniques after retreatment with the ProTaper Universal Retreatment with or without solvent.
- Retreatment efficacy of gutta-percha removal using a clinical microscope and ultrasonic instruments: part I--an ex vivo studyJose Eduardo de Mello Junior
Center for Dental Research, São Leopoldo Mandic, Campinas, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 108:e59-62. 2009..This study compared the efficacy of gutta-percha/sealer removal from endodontically treated extracted human teeth with and without the aid of a clinical operating microscope/ultrasonic instruments...
- [Changes and significance of peripheral blood T cell subsets, soluble interleukin-2 receptor and interferon-gamma in patients with retreatment pulmonary tuberculosis and initial treatment tuberculosis]Shao Jun Zhang
Shanghai Key Laboratory of Tuberculosis, Tuberculosis Diagnosis Center, Shanghai Pulmonary Hospital Affiliated to Tongji University, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 34:884-7. 2011..blood T cell subsets, soluble interleukin-2 receptor (sIL-2R) and interferon-gamma (IFN-γ) in patients with retreatment pulmonary tuberculosis, initial treatment pulmonary and extra-pulmonary tuberculosis, and therefore to explore ..
- Nonsurgical endodontic retreatment of geminated teeth: a case reportAli Cagin Yucel
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Ondokuz Mayis University, Faculty of Dentistry, Samsun, Turkey
J Endod 32:1214-6. 2006The purpose of this case presentation is to describe nonsurgical retreatment of anterior teeth with gemination. A 21-year-old male patient was referred for endodontic treatment of his maxillary left lateral incisor...
- Utility of bortezomib retreatment in relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma patients: a multicenter case seriesJeffrey Wolf
Myeloma Program, Hematologic Malignancies, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0324, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 6:755-60. 2008..of care for patients with relapsed multiple myeloma, and preliminary clinical evidence suggests that bortezomib retreatment in patients previously treated with the drug may prolong disease control...
- Efficacy of automated versus hand instrumentation during root canal retreatment: an ex vivo studyA C de Carvalho Maciel
Department of Endodontics, Fluminense Federal University, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
Int Endod J 39:779-84. 2006To compare automated and manual instrumentation techniques for removing filling material from root canal walls during root canal retreatment.
- The efficacy and safety of reinstitution of tocilizumab in patients with relapsed active rheumatoid arthritis after long-term withdrawal of tocilizumab: retreatment of patients with rheumatoid arthritis with novel anti-IL-6 receptor antibody after a long-Akira Sagawa
Sagawa Akira Rheumatology Clinic, Pacific Marks Sapporo Kita Ichijo 5F, Kita 1, Nishi 7, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido, 060 0001, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 21:352-8. 2011..These findings demonstrate that TCZ retreatment in active RA patients who had relapsed after long-term discontinuation of TCZ treatment led to an improvement ..
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Therapies Treatment Consort*Claus Roehrborn; Fiscal Year: 2005..Determine the rate of retreatment or secondary treatments following the MIST intervention compared with the standard treatment TURP by ..
- Mechanism of Irradiation Pulmonary FibrosisJoel S Greenberger; Fiscal Year: 2012..thereby decreasing patient side effects and facilitating dose escalation in the initial treatment or retreatment of recurrent thoracic cancers...
- Evo-epidemiology of Scistosoma mansoni in children in KenyaERIC SAMUEL LOKER; Fiscal Year: 2010..mansoni populations they harbor. Furthermore, the design of the JICA project allows for retreatment of children should they become reinfected as expected, so we will also monitor miracidial genotypes following ..
- Ultrasound-Assisted AQP1 Gene Therapy for Functional Restoration of Salivary GlanMichael J Passineau; Fiscal Year: 2013..In contrast to earlier studies, we will endeavor retreatment when salivary flow declines to <20% of that in the contralateral (control) gland, with our goal being ..
- Evaluation of stem cell-derived retinal pigment epithelial cells for retinal diseMARTHA D NEURINGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..these RPE cell types transplanted as allograft or autografts into the retina of adult rhesus monkeys and after retreatment of the same eye or fellow eye...
- Fighting Malaria with Microfinance: Evidence from IndiaAlessandro Tarozzi; Fiscal Year: 2010..the following: (1) To test the hypothesis that the offer of small loans for the purchase of ITNs and subsequent retreatment can lead to increased ITN ownership, even among very poor households...
- Enhancing ARIC Infrastructure to Yield a New Cancer Epidemiology CohortElizabeth A Platz; Fiscal Year: 2013..interviews and collect medical/pathology records pertaining to cancer diagnosis, treatment, recurrence, and retreatment and tissue blocks...
- Noninvasive Blood Flow Mapping for Surgical Guidance of Vascular BirthmarksBernard Choi; Fiscal Year: 2010..is to quantify the reduction in redness and degree of safety associated with immediate blood flow image-guided retreatment of PWS skin...
- Retinal Therapy Guided by 3-D OCT Image AnalysisMilan Sonka; Fiscal Year: 2013..initial anti-VEGF treatment for CNV, based on quantitative 3D OCT-derived measures, can predict the timing of retreatment. We have identified the following specific aims: Aim 1: Further refine and validate a comprehensive set of ..
- Radioimmunotherapy for LymphomaThomas Witzig; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is hypothesized that retreatment with Y2B8 delivered 3-4 months after the first dose will improve the complete remission (CR) rate as well as ..
- Azithromycin in Control of Trachoma IIJulius Schachter; Fiscal Year: 2005..the study will be used as data input for the generation of mathematical model to predict whether community-wide retreatment (or alternate strategies) will be needed, and the optimal timing for such retreatment...
- Rapid Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosisSusan Dorman; Fiscal Year: 2007..prospective, randomized, controlled study of the clinical benefit of MODS for drug susceptibility testing among retreatment pulmonary TB cases at community Health Centers in Rio de Janeiro...
- X-RAY & HEAT INTERACTIONS & MURINE JEJUNAL FIBROSISJeffrey Peck; Fiscal Year: 1992..Risks attendant use of hyperthermia in retreatment will be quantified by both tensile testing and blood-flow (133-Xe clearance technique) measurements.
- NHF Fifth Workshop on Gene Therapies for HemophiliaInder Verma; Fiscal Year: 2002..include identification of the best target tissues for transgene expression; the safety of gene therapy retreatment; the risks associated with each vector system; the effect of hepatitis C infection and treatment on gene ..
- 2001 Workshop on Gene Therapies for HemophiliaInder Verma; Fiscal Year: 2001..include identification of the best target tissues for transgene expression; the safety of gene therapy retreatment; the risks associated with each vector system; the effect of hepatitis C and HIV infection and treatment on ..
- RESIDUAL RADIATION DAMAGE IN NORMAL TISSUESElizabeth Travis; Fiscal Year: 1992..profiles have been defined, other studies will investigate the mechanisms underlying any observed changes in retreatment tolerance. The proposed work is divided into three specific aims...
- READING CENTER FOR AMD PREVENTION TRIALStuart Fine; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aims: 1) To assess final CAPT eligibility and compliance with the CAPT treatment and retreatment protocols...
- Spinal Cord Tolerance to Radiosurgical Dose DeliveryPaul M Medin; Fiscal Year: 2010..A spinal cord tolerance study is proposed that will incorporate both de novo and retreatment scenarios commonly experienced by humans treated with spinal SRS...
- Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms: Neurologic OutcomeRobert Brown; Fiscal Year: 2007..will examine other aneurismal complications, such as ischemic stroke and death from all causes, including retreatment, durability of treatment, and functional endpoints, including Rankin, Barthel, and SF36 scores.
- Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms: Neurologic OutcomeJames Torner; Fiscal Year: 2007..will examine other aneurismal complications, such as ischemic stroke and death from all causes, including retreatment, durability of treatment, and functional endpoints, including Rankin, Barthel, and SF36 scores.
- ALCOHOL RELAPSE PREVENTION VIA PROSPECTIVE IVR FOLLOW-UPJames Mundt; Fiscal Year: 2000..A relapse prevention program demonstrating efficacy and cost efficiency, relative to the recurrent costs of retreatment, would be attractive to both insurers and treatment providers...
- Acupuncture for hot flashes in prostate cancer patientsTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal is to provide prostate cancer patients an effective, low toxicity, non-pharmacologic treatment modality for hot flashes. ..
- Leptospirosis Transmission in the Peruvian AmazonJoseph Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Resistance and Response Mechanisms to Prostate Cancer TherapyTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test the effectiveness of novel treatments that exploit newly discovered targets in the laboratory and lay the foundation for human trials to develop effective prostate cancer treatment. ..
- Genetics of Innate Immunity in Human Leptospirosis in BrazilJoseph Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Novel Vitamin D Target in Human Prostate CancerTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2007..New treatment targets are needed to develop new drugs to treat prostate cancer, the most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second-leading cancer killer in US men. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Microarray Analysis of Leptospiral GenomesJoseph Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- International Leptospirosis Society Meeting 2007Joseph Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] Outcome of the meeting will be assessed by peer-reviewed publication and trainee publication and[unreadable] career advancement. ..
- MOLECULAR TARGETS OF BLOCKING MALARIA TRANSMISSIONJoseph M Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2010..falciparum chitinase, PfCHTI, and provide the scientific basis for developing novel potential approaches to interrupting malaria transmission at the vertebrate host-mosquito vector interface. ..
- COMPARING THREE ELECTRODE PLACEMENTS TO OPTIMIZE ECTKeith Rasmussen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study will promote more effective and safer treatment of the most severely ill depressed patients. ..
- MOLECULAR TARGETS OF BLOCKING MALARIA TRANSMISSIONJoseph Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Signaling Pathways in Hepatic FibrogenesisBruce Bacon; Fiscal Year: 2005..Since activated HSC play a key role in hepatic fibrogenesis, these experiments will contribute to an improved understanding of the basic biochemical processes underlying hepatic fibrosis. ..
- Oregon Prostate Cancer Conference 2001TOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Human Reservoirs of Plasmodium vivax Transmission in the Peruvian AmazonJoseph M Vinetz; Fiscal Year: 2010..vivax, and provide a rational basis for determining strategies to implement and deploy new transmission- blocking vaccines as one approach towards the future elimination of P. vivax malaria from the Amazon basin. ..
- ANTI-CD20 ANTIBODY THERAPY OF NHL-- MECHANISM OF ACTIONDavid Maloney; Fiscal Year: 2002..III. Determine the role of the mAb FC region in mediating anti- proliferative effects of anti-CD20 mAbs in xenografts of B cell NHL lines in NOD/SCID mice. ..
- Therapeutic Alliance as a Change Mechanism in Alcoholism TreatmentGerard Connors; Fiscal Year: 2008..Future research then will be in a position to evaluate whether or how the therapeutic alliance can be mobilized to enhance behavior change. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The effect of physical activity on metabolic syndrome in pregnancy and fetal outcCynthia Ko; Fiscal Year: 2008..It may offer a safe and readily available method to control weight and improve infant health during and after pregnancy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Functional Infrared Imaging Predicts Radiation MucositisEzra Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such a tool would have wide applicability in this patient population and would have tremendous impact on their treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Invasive Assessment of the Coronary MicrocirculationWilliam Fearon; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- CONTEXT AND EFFECTIVENESS OF TWO MODELS OF SVC DELIVERYChristine Grella; Fiscal Year: 2002..These data will provide a multilevel context in which to evaluate the implementation and effectiveness of the two models of service delivery. ..
- Molecular Basis Of Renal Cell Carcinoma Response to SU11428Robert J Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2011..These tumor and cell line-based studies lay a foundation for further molecular studies aimed at understanding the sensitivity/resistance of RCC to SU11248. ..
- STUDY OF REG RECEPTOR-LIGAND BIOLOGY IN GI MUCOSABrian Dieckgraefe; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will also provide new insight into the role of Reg IV antagonists and lay the groundwork for development of therapeutic reagents active in gastrointestinal adenocarcinomas. ..
- S-Adenosyl Methionine(SAMe)Augmentation of SSRIs in MDDGeorge Papakostas; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is hoped that this project award will provide the critical fund of basic knowledge and practical experience necessary to aid the candidate in becoming an independent investigator in this area. ..
- Latino Eye Health: A Communication Strategy for DiabetesSheila West; Fiscal Year: 2007..Improvements in eye care seeking behaviors should help in avoiding visual loss from diabetic retinopathy and macula edema, the leading causes of visual loss in the working age Latino population. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of an Inventory of Depressive SymptomatologyAUGUSTUS RUSH; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., anxiety, irritability) (IDS-C and SR) that are in the public domain for use with patients across the age spans seen in practice and in research. ..
- 8th International Kawasaki Disease SymposiumJane Burns; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- LABOR MARKET OUTCOMES OF LONG TERM CANCER SURVIVORSCathy Bradley; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- VESTIBULAR EFFECTS OF INTRATYMPANIC GENTAMICINJohn Carey; Fiscal Year: 2005..Johns Hopkins is uniquely suited to this training because it has a core group devoted to vestibular research, and the mentor's laboratory has successfully used all of the techniques required. ..
- Cardiovascular Risk in Testicular Cancer SurvivorsDavid Vaughn; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, prior to initiating an intervention study, these parameters need to be explicated. ..
- Applied Methods for Analysis of Interstitial CystitisKathleen Propert; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, through this project, the ICDB will be maintained and made available to external investigators interested in using the data to explore specific hypotheses related to the natural history of IC. ..
- Oral Health/OHRQOL among low-SES rural adultsGREGG GILBERT; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Neglect and Neural Mechanisms of Magnitude EstimationMark Mennemeier; Fiscal Year: 2004..Experiments IV-VI examine alternative explanations for altered ratio scaling among patients with neglect. Finally, we propose to develop and test a mathematical model of ratio scaling during the course of this proposal. ..
- TRIAL OF ANTIBIOTICS TO REDUCE RECURRENT TRICHIASISSheila West; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- A Primary-Care Based Colorectal Cancer Screening ProgramCynthia Ko; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, this program may be useful to other large primary care practices, and may also help to improve utilization of other types of cancer prevention services ..
- Genetic Modifiers of Cystic FibrosisMichael Boyle; Fiscal Year: 2007..Last, we will evaluate three of the strongest current CF candidate modifier genes to determine if the distribution of their functional alleles segregates with severity of lung disease in our CF clinic population. ..
- Antidepressant discontinuation effectsRoss Baldessarini; Fiscal Year: 2007..bipolar depressive subjects separately. The findings expected should contribute to improved safety of antidepressant treatment and reduced morbid and mortal risks following its discontinuation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AIDS MALIGNANCY CONSORTIUMJoseph Sparano; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Cataract: Health Disparity for Older African-AmericansSheila West; Fiscal Year: 2006..These data will advance the goal of reducing health disparity in visual disability from cataract among older African Americans. ..
- Epidemiology of hepatocellular carcinomaCynthia Ko; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Course and Morbidity in Bipolar I DisorderRoss Baldessarini; Fiscal Year: 2006..Anticipated findings should contribute important new information to guide effective interventions and allocation of increasingly limited treatment resources for BPD patients. ..
- Treatment of Early Stage Multiple MyelomaS Rajkumar; Fiscal Year: 2006..BM angiogenesis will be studied using immunostaining (IHC) for CD34 and an in vitro human angiogenesis assay. VEGF expression will be studied using IHC and quantitative RT-PCR. ..
- STRUCTURAL EFFECTS OF RENAL OSTEODYSTROPHY DURING GROWTHMary Leonard; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- ENGRAFTING SENSITIZED HOSTS WITH NONABLATIVE REGIMENSRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2002..By lessening the morbidity and mortality associated with conventional conditioning, these studies could significantly change the management of selected inherited red blood cell diseases. ..