Summary: Means of postcoital interception to avoid pregnancy, such as the administration of POSTCOITAL CONTRACEPTIVES or the morning-after pill to prevent FERTILIZATION of an egg or implantation of a fertilized egg (OVUM IMPLANTATION).
Publications172 found, 100 shown here
- Does pregnancy begin at fertilization?Walter L Larimore
Fam Med 36:690-1; author reply 691. 2004
- Advance provision of emergency contraception for pregnancy prevention: a meta-analysisChelsea B Polis
Department of Population, Family, and Reproductive Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21202, USA
Obstet Gynecol 110:1379-88. 2007....
- Emergency contraception update: a Canadian perspectiveV W Y Leung
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:177-80. 2008....
- Advance provision for emergency oral contraceptionClarissa Kripke
Am Fam Physician 76:654. 2007
- Is the faculty of family planning and reproductive health care guidance on emergency contraception being followed in general practice? An audit in the West Midlands, UKLisa Bannister
University of Birmingham Medical School, Birmingham, UK
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 33:195-8. 2007....
- College students' perceptions of emergency contraception provisionAnjel Vahratian
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0276, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 17:103-11. 2008..The authors examined college students' perceptions regarding emergency contraception (EC) provision in light of the then pending U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) decision about the over-the-counter (OTC) status of EC...
- Emergency contraception: knowledge and attitudes of family medicine providersJennifer L Wallace
Department of Family Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0239, USA
Fam Med 36:417-22. 2004..Emergency contraception (EC) is an underutilized method of preventing unplanned pregnancy. This study assessed family physicians' and nurse providers' knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs about EC...
- Effect of advanced provision of emergency contraception on women's contraceptive behaviour: a randomized controlled trialSue S T Lo
The Family Planning Association of Hong Kong, 9 F 130 Hennessy Road, Hong Kong SAR
Hum Reprod 19:2404-10. 2004..Emergency contraception (EC) can prevent pregnancy but is under-used. Advanced provision increases use but the effect on contraceptive behaviour varies...
- Otc product: plan B emergency contraceptionKelly L Scolaro
College of Pharmacy, University of Florida St, Petersburg, Seminole, FL 33772, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 47:e2-3. 2007
- When 'emergency contraception' is neitherTimothy F Murphy
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612 7309, USA
Am J Bioeth 7:W7. 2007
- Counsel your patients about contraceptive optionsNancy E Dirubbo
Laconia Women s Health Center, Laconia, N H, USA
Nurse Pract 31:40-4. 2006
- Preventing and terminating unwanted pregnancies in TurkeyOya Kavlak
Gynecology and Obstetrics Nursing Department, University of Ege, School of Nursing, Izmir, Turkey
J Nurs Scholarsh 38:6-10. 2006..To determine the methods used to prevent pregnancy by women seeking abortion of unwanted pregnancy, their knowledge and use of emergency contraception, and reasons for wanting the abortion...
- Using the theory of reasoned action to explain physician intention to prescribe emergency contraceptionMarjorie R Sable
School of Social Work, University of Missouri Columbia, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 38:20-7. 2006..Although research has examined providers' knowledge, attitudes and prescribing behaviors with regard to emergency contraception, none has used a theory-based approach to understanding the interplay of these factors...
- Awareness of and attitude toward hormonal emergency contraception among married women in KuwaitDouglas E Ball
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Faculty of Pharmacy, Kuwait University, Kuwait
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 15:194-201. 2006..To describe the awareness of and attitudes toward hormonal emergency contraception among women in Kuwait...
- Emergency contraception: does improved access reduce the pregnancy rate?Pak Chung Ho
Gynecol Endocrinol 23:497-8. 2007
- Emergency contraception - a human rights issueHoracio B Croxatto
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 20:311-22. 2006..Authorities have a moral obligation to protect human rights...
- Feasibility of recruitment for an efficacy trial of emergency contraceptive pillsElizabeth G Raymond
Family Health International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Contraception 77:118-21. 2008..The best way to obtain a robust efficacy estimate would be to conduct a placebo-controlled randomized trial. We aimed to assess the feasibility of identifying women eligible for such a trial...
- Accessibility of emergency contraception in California's Catholic hospitalsChelsea Polis
Ibis Reproductive Health, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Womens Health Issues 15:174-8. 2005..This study assessed the likelihood that a woman calling a Catholic hospital in California to inquire about EC could access the medication...
- Effect of an emergency contraceptive pill intervention on pregnancy risk behaviorElizabeth G Raymond
Family Health International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Contraception 77:333-6. 2008..We examined data from one such trial to explore whether this finding has implications regarding the effect of the intervention on pregnancy risk behavior...
- Emergency contraception in Cuba with 10 mg of mifepristoneJ L Carbonell Esteve
Mediterrania Medica Clinic, Valencia, Spain
Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 12:162-7. 2007..Mifepristone in a dose of 10 mg is an effective emergency contraceptive when administered up to 120 hours after unprotected coitus...
- What is the seminal exposition among women requiring emergency contraception? A prospective, observational comparative studyJ J Espinós-Gómez
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona Spain
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 131:57-60. 2007..The aim of this study is to determine the number of sperm present in the vagina of women presenting for EC after unprotected intercourse or a condom accident...
- Knowledge and practice of emergency contraception among female undergraduates in the University of Lagos, NigeriaO M Ebuehi
Institute of Child Health and Primary Care, University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
East Afr Med J 83:90-5. 2006....
- Emergency contraception, myths and factsLinda Prine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Beth Israel Residency in Urban Family Practice, New York, NY 10003, USA
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 34:127-36, ix-x. 2007..This article concludes that clinicians caring for women of reproductive age should recognize the importance of ready access to this medication to help prevent unintended pregnancies...
- Hormonal emergency contraception: a clinical primerAngela Ziebarth
Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madsion, Wisconsin, USA
S D Med 60:99-101, 103-5. 2007..It includes a brief description of methods of use, mechanisms of action, and side effect profiles of the most commonly used methods of emergency contraception, levonorgestrel and the Yuzpe method...
- Expanding access to emergency contraceptionE Westley
International Consortium for Emergency Contraception, Family Care International, New York, NY 10012, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 97:235-7. 2007..The working group concluded that national societies of obstetrics and gynecology can play an important role in increasing access to this unique contraceptive method...
- Parivar Seva's experience with emergency contraceptive pillsSudha Tewari
Parivar Seva Sanstha, New Delhi
J Indian Med Assoc 104:506, 508, 510. 2006..A coalition of 30 like minded organisations including the Parivar Seva had formed a subcommittee on emergency contraception to evolve strategies to address promotion of emergency contraception...
- Emergency contraceptive pills (ECPs)M S Jayalakshmi
J Indian Med Assoc 104:490-1. 2006
- Levonorgestrel pharmacokinetics in plasma and milk of lactating women who take 1.5 mg for emergency contraceptionE Gainer
Laboratoire HRA Pharma, Paris 75003, France
Hum Reprod 22:1578-84. 2007..We therefore investigated the pharmacokinetics of 1.5 mg levonorgestrel (LNG) in lactating women...
- Can emergency contraception help to reduce teen pregnancy?Lisa Waller
Georgia Pediatric Pulmonary Associates, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, USA
JAAPA 20:42-6. 2007
- Acceptance and use of emergency contraception with standardized counseling intervention: results of a randomized controlled trialRuth Petersen
Department of Maternal and Child Health, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Contraception 75:119-25. 2007..The objective of this work was to evaluate the acceptance, use and recall of an optional advance prescription for emergency contraception (EC)...
- Birth control within reach: a national survey on women's attitudes toward and interest in pharmacy access to hormonal contraceptionSharon Cohen Landau
Pharmacy Access Partnership, Oakland, CA 94610, USA
Contraception 74:463-70. 2006....
- Emergency contraception careKendall J Erdahl
Clinton Memorial Hospital University of Cincinnati Family Practice Residency, 825 Locust Street, Wilmington, OH 45177, USA
J Fam Pract 55:1073-5. 2006..The major outcome considered was incidence of unintended pregnancy. The evidence rating is updated to comply with the SORT taxonomy...
- Over-the-counter access to emergency contraceptionDiane S Aschenbrenner
Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Nurs 106:34-6. 2006..The article reviews the drug's method of action and recommended dosage, as well as what nurses need to know to counsel patients on what to expect when taking the medication...
- Minor error in our paper which was recently published in ContraceptionElizabeth Raymond
Contraception 74:349-50. 2006
- Hormonal emergency contraception: increasing awareness and accessDouglas Ball
Indian J Med Sci 61:323-4. 2007
- Patterns of emergency contraception use by age and ethnicity from a randomized trial comparing advance provision and information onlyTerri L Walsh
Research Division, California Family Health Council, Los Angeles, CA 90010, USA
Contraception 74:110-7. 2006..This study measures the impact of the advance provision of emergency contraception (EC) among family planning clients at 31 clinics in California...
- Counseling about and use of emergency contraception in the United StatesMegan L Kavanaugh
Department of Behavioral and Community Health Sciences, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 40:81-6. 2008....
- Variation in availability of emergency contraception in pharmaciesHannah E Shacter
Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Contraception 75:214-7. 2007..We aimed to describe the availability of EC in areas governed by different state policies regarding pharmacist behavior...
- Over-the-counter abortionRalph P Miech
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Physiology and Biotechnology, Brown Medical School, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Ethics Medics 29:1-3. 2004
- Sexual behaviour and contraception in people under the age of 20 in Alicante, SpainMaria Angeles Gomez
Centro de Planificación Familiar Alicante III, Agencia Valenciana de Salud, Alicante, Spain
Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 12:125-30. 2007..To describe and to analyse the relationship between patterns of sexually-risky behaviour and emergency contraception among young females attending a Family Planning Centre (FPC)...
- [Emergency oral contraceptives do not interrupt pregnancy. Women are withhold the treatment which is erroneously placed on a par with abortion]Lena Marions
Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Lakartidningen 102:754, 756-7. 2005..The main mechanism of action, of emergency contraceptive pills, is to postpone or inhibit ovulation, while the insertion of a copper IUD prevents implantation...
- Direct access to emergency contraception through pharmacies and effect on unintended pregnancy and STIs: a randomized controlled trialTina R Raine
Center for Reproductive Health Research and Policy, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
JAMA 293:54-62. 2005..It is estimated that half of unintended pregnancies could be averted if emergency contraception (EC) were easily accessible and used...
- Emergency contraception: when and how to use itJoseph Sanfilippo
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Fam Pract 57:S25-36. 2008
- Uses of RU 486 for contragestion: an updateA Ulmann
Roussel Uclaf, Romainville, France
Contraception 36:27-31. 1987..The actual failure rate was comparable to that achieved by high-dose estrogen administration for postcoital contraception. RU 486 has several advantages over high-dose estrogen as a postcoital contraceptive, however...
- Contraceptive practices and awareness of emergency contraception in educated working womenN Takkar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, India
Indian J Med Sci 59:143-9. 2005..Regular contraceptive use and emergency contraception are tools to prevent pregnancies...
- Mifepristone: a potential contraceptiveO Heikinheimo
University of Helsinki, Finland
Clin Obstet Gynecol 39:461-8. 1996..In addition, the postcoital contraception, even if already available, remains at least underused...
- Postfertilization effect of hormonal emergency contraceptionChris Kahlenborn
Department of Internal Medicine, Altoona Hospital, PA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 36:465-70. 2002..To assess the possibility of a postfertilization effect in regard to the most common types of hormonal emergency contraception (EC) used in the US and to explore the ethical impact of this possibility...
- Emergency contraception: what do our patients know?Jean Abbott
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Surgery, University of Colorado School of Medicine, USA
Ann Emerg Med 43:376-81. 2004..We perform this study to measure knowledge, attitudes, practices, and perceived needs about emergency contraception in a sample of women seeking emergency department (ED) care...
- [Emergency contraception]C Bastianelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Ginecologiche, Perinatologia e Puericultura, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Roma
Minerva Ginecol 58:193-204. 2006..EC, also known as ''the morning after pill'' or postcoital contraception, is a modality of preventing the establishment of an unwanted pregnancy after unprotected intercourse and ..
- [Antiprogestins]G Goretzlehner
Klinik und Poliklinik für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe, Bereichs Medizin der Ernst Moritz Arndt Universität Greifswald
Zentralbl Gynakol 110:766-71. 1988..This antiprogesterone was tested clinically with different results for following indications: postcoital contraception, luteolysis, early abortion, ectopic pregnancy, missed abortion, cervix priming, and breast cancer...
- The evidence is in. Why are IUDs still out?: family physicians' perceptions of risk and indicationsEsther Stubbs
Can Fam Physician 54:560-6. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate FPs' perceptions of the risks of and indications for using IUDs, as these perceptions might be a key factor in why IUDs are underused...
- Novel antiangiogenic agents for use in contraceptionAndrew M Sharkey
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, CB2 1QP Cambridge, UK
Contraception 71:263-71. 2005..To identify suitable targets for postcoital contraception, we studied the expression in endometrium of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and ..
- Knowledge and use of emergency postcoital contraception by female students at a high school in Nova ScotiaD B Langille
Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, Faculty of Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
Can J Public Health 91:29-32. 2000..Community members wanted information about adolescent females' knowledge and use of emergency contraception (EC). The study was done to meet this need...
- Postcoital contraception in TurkeyN Sogukpinar
Ege University, School of Health, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 80:159-64. 2003The purpose of this article is to determine the knowledge status of women concerning postcoital contraception when they turn to curettage in order to terminate an undesired pregnancy.
- A single intrauterine injection of the serine protease inhibitor 4-(2-aminoethyl)benzenesulfonyl fluoride hydrochloride reversibly inhibits embryo implantation in miceZhao Gui Sun
National Population and Family Planning Key Laboratory of Contraceptives and Devices, Shanghai Institute of Planned Parenthood Research, Shanghai 200032, China
Contraception 76:250-5. 2007..conducted to investigate the inhibitory effect of 4-(2-aminoethyl)benzenesulfonyl fluoride hydrochloride (AEBSF) on embryo implantation in mice with a view to identifying whether it might be a suitable agent for postcoital contraception.
- Intrauterine contraceptives: a review of uses, side effects, and candidatesNoa a Shimoni
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Semin Reprod Med 28:118-25. 2010..The TCu380A may be used as postcoital contraception with close to 100% effectiveness...
- Emergency postcoital contraceptionR E Wertheimer
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, UMass Memorial Medical Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01605, USA
Am Fam Physician 62:2287-92. 2000Emergency postcoital contraception, a method used to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sexual intercourse, is a highly effective but underutilized birth control option...
- Use of 0.75 mg Levonorgestrel for postcoital contraception in ThailandS Lerkiatbundit
Department of Pharmacy Administration, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Prince of Songkla University, Hadyai Songkla Thailand 90112
J Clin Pharm Ther 25:185-90. 2000..This study identified the pattern of Levonorgestrel (LNG) use and self-reported side-effects among Thai women in Songkla...
- [Hormonal (levonorgestrel) emergency contraception--effectiveness and mechanism of action]Lech M Medard
Ośrodek Badań na Płodnościa i Niepłodnościa w Warszawie
Ginekol Pol 81:532-6. 2010..There is, however, no better, safer, and more ethically accepted method of preventing unwanted pregnancy for patients in need of postcoital contraception.
- Pharmacologic properties of CDB(VA)-2914Erin E Gainer
HRA Pharma, 19, rue Frédérick Lemaître, Paris 75020, France
Steroids 68:1005-11. 2003..CDB(VA)-2914 is also effective in animal models of postcoital contraception. This paper also presents the results of metabolism studies undertaken to link the results of the animal ..
- Anti-implantation effects of indomethacin and celecoxib in ratsNongluck Sookvanichsilp
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Contraception 65:373-8. 2002..On the other hand, specific COX-2 inhibitors with their good gastric safety profile may have a potential role in nonhormonal postcoital contraception.
- CEU Guidance on emergency contraceptionTerry McCarthy
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 32:205; author reply 205-6. 2006
- Mechanism of emergency contraception with gestrinone: a preliminary investigationXuefeng Gao
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100083, China
Contraception 76:221-7. 2007..The effect of a single oral dose of gestrinone given for EC on ovarian function and endometrial development was studied...
- Emergency contraception in Honduras: knowledge, attitudes, and practice among urban family planning clientsSandra G Garcia
Reproductive Health, Population Council, Latin America and the Caribbean Regional Office, Mexico City, Mexico
Stud Fam Plann 37:187-96. 2006..This study is intended to fill an information gap regarding EC in Latin America and the Caribbean and to be useful in determining educational messages and target audiences for future awareness campaigns in Honduras...
- Talking straight about emergency contraceptionJames Trussell
Office of Population Research, Princeton University, Princeton, NY 08544, USA
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 33:139-42. 2007
- Emergency contraceptive options available for adolescentsVishal Gupta
Pediatric Research in Emergency Therapeutics Program, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can Fam Physician 52:1219-20. 2006..While many teenagers are unaware of these options, this armamentarium is very effective if used early after coitus and when further sexual activity is avoided for a few days...
- Contraceptive attitudes and contraceptive failure among women requesting induced abortion in DenmarkVibeke Rasch
Department of International Health, Institute of Public Health, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Hum Reprod 22:1320-6. 2007..To elucidate how contraceptive attitudes among Danish-born and immigrant women influence the request of induced abortion...
- Women's knowledge and opinions of emergency contraceptionL Nguyen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 82:229-30. 2003
- Information, education and communication for emergency contraceptionChander P Puri
National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Mumbai
J Indian Med Assoc 104:511-2, 514. 2006..Emphasis should be put on the method for use only as an emergency or 'second chance' when a primary method is not used or has failed...
- Emergency contraception: Controversy remainsAnne Katz
Prostate Centre of CancerCare, Manitoba, Winnipeg
AWHONN Lifelines 10:287-8. 2006
- Conscientious objection and emergency contraceptionRobert F Card
Department of Philosophy, State University of New York, Oswego, NY 13126, USA
Am J Bioeth 7:8-14. 2007..As medical professionals, providers have an ethical duty to inform women of this option and provide emergency contraception when this treatment is requested...
- [Emergency contraception, Levonorgestrel and ectopic pregnancy]Carlos Y Valenzuela
Rev Med Chil 133:612-3. 2005
- Gynecological health of females with congenital heart diseaseMary M Canobbio
Ahmanson UCLA Center for Adult Congenital Heart Disease, UCLA School of Nursing, Box 951702, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Int J Cardiol 98:379-87. 2005..Contraceptives must be selected according to individual patient profiles. Hormone replacement therapy is warranted for relief of menopausal symptoms as in the general population and should be relatively safe because estrogen dose is low...
- Canadian pediatric residents' experience and level of comfort with adolescent gynecological health careDaphne J Korczak
The Division of Paediatric Medicine, Department of Paediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Adolesc Health 38:57-9. 2006..Senior Canadian pediatric residents are uncomfortable and feel inadequately prepared in providing routine gynecological care to adolescents...
- Emergency contraception and ectopic pregnancy: report of 2 casesPedro Paulo Pereira
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 60:497-500. 2005
- Caesarean section scar ectopic pregnancy following postcoital contraceptionLaura Fabunmi
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, London, UK
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 28:155-6. 2002..This is believed to be the first reported case of an ectopic pregnancy following failed progestogen-only emergency contraception. The ectopic pregnancy was at the site of a previous caesarean section scar and was managed conservatively...
- Emergency contraception--a different interpretationJoseph A Spinnato
Contraception 72:395; author reply 396-7. 2005
- [Update on contraception]O Graesslin
Institut Mère Enfant Alix de Champagne, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, 45, rue Cognacq Jay, 51092 Reims Cedex
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 34:529-56. 2005..This wide variety of new contraceptive methods offers a marked improvement from previous medications for users by providing better efficacy and tolerability...
- [A prospective study of the provision of emergency contraception in French family planning centers]E Gainer
INSERM U 569, Hopital de Bicetre, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:403-8. 2005..To describe emergency contraception provision, including the efficacy of the method, in family planning centers in suburban Paris two years after the method became available without a prescription...
- Sexual and reproductive health 'choice': women living with contraceptionAnna Olsen
National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health, Australian National University Canberra, ACT
Int J Public Health 52:195-6. 2007
- Emergency contraception: how does it work?David T Baird
Centre for Reproductive Biology, University of Edinburgh, Simpson Centre for Reproductive Health, Edinburgh, UK
Reprod Biomed Online 18:32-6. 2009..In contrast, other very effective methods of emergency contraception, such as mifepristone and intrauterine devices, can also inhibit implantation...
- Male access to over-the-counter emergency contraception a survey of acceptability and barriers in Providence, Rhode IslandBrian T Nguyen
Warren Alpert School of Medicine at Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Womens Health Issues 19:365-72. 2009..This study describes male and female attitudes on male EC access, as well as their experiences with and perceived barriers to purchasing EC...
- Emergency contraception: the right to full disclosureKarim Anton Calis
Am J Health Syst Pharm 61:2011. 2004
- Important role in emergency contraceptionSheila Dunn
Can Fam Physician 53:30-1. 2007
- Pharmacy access to emergency contraception in CaliforniaDiana Greene Foster
Bixby Center for Reproductive Health Research and Policy, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 38:46-52. 2006..Because many women do not know about emergency contraception or direct pharmacy access, it is important to understand barriers to getting the method and women's reasons for choosing the pharmacy option...
- Knowledge and use of emergency contraception among women in the Western Cape province of South Africa: a cross-sectional studyLandon Myer
Infectious Diseases Epidemiology Unit, School of Public Health and Family Medicine, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
BMC Womens Health 7:14. 2007..At the same time, rates of teenage and unintended pregnancy in South Africa remain high, and there are few data on knowledge of EC in the general population in South Africa, as in other resource-limited settings...
- Physicians' intention to educate about emergency contraceptionPatricia J Kelly
School of Nursing, University of Missouri Kansas City, 2220 Holmes Street, Kansas City, MO 66103, USA
Fam Med 40:40-5. 2008....
- Awareness of emergency contraception among female college students in Chandigarh, IndiaSonia Puri
Department of Community Medicine, Govt Medical College and Hospital Chandigarh, India
Indian J Med Sci 61:338-46. 2007..They are eligible to use a variety of the available contraceptives. Introduction of emergency contraception (EC) in the recent past can help them avoid such unintended pregnancies...
- Barriers to emergency contraception (EC): does promoting EC increase risk for contacting sexually transmitted infections, HIV/AIDS?N N Sarkar
Department of Reproductive Biology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Int J Clin Pract 62:1769-75. 2008..The aim of this study was to focus on barriers, controversy and perceived risk associated with use of emergency contraception (EC) after unprotected sexual intercourse...
- Community pharmacists' opinions regarding emergency contraception: a survey in Rhode IslandKatherine Kelly Orr
College of Pharmacy, University of Rhode, Island, Kingston 02881 2020, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 47:504-7. 2007
- Ethical, religious and factual beliefs about the supply of emergency hormonal contraception by UK community pharmacistsRichard J Cooper
Division of Social Research in Medicines and Health, The School of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 34:47-50. 2008..Semi-structured qualitative interviews were undertaken with 23 UK pharmacists to explore their views and ethical concerns about EHC...
- Suppression of follicular rupture with meloxicam, a cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor: potential for emergency contraceptionCristian Jesam
Instituto Chileno de Medicina Reproductiva ICMER, José Victorino Lastarria 29, Apt 101, Santiago, Chile
Hum Reprod 25:368-73. 2010..We assessed the effect of meloxicam administered in the late follicular phase upon ovulation in women...
- Conscientious objection the morning afterCarson Strong
Department of Human Values and Ethics, College of Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis TN 38163, USA
Am J Bioeth 7:32-4. 2007
- Invoking conscientious objection in reproductive health care: evolving issues in Peru, Mexico and ChileLidia Casas
Law School, Diego Portales University, Santiago, Chile
Reprod Health Matters 17:78-87. 2009....
- Comprehension of a prototype emergency contraception package label by female adolescentsElizabeth G Raymond
Family Health International, PO Box 13950, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Contraception 79:199-205. 2009..We evaluated female adolescents' comprehension of a prototype over-the-counter package label for an emergency contraceptive pill product...
- Women seeking emergency contraceptive pills by using the internetJustine Wu
Department of Family Medicine, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Obstet Gynecol 110:44-52. 2007..To assess barriers and attitudes related to emergency contraception access among women seeking emergency contraceptive pills by using the Internet...
- Assessing attitudes about emergency contraception among urban, minority adolescent girls: an in-depth interview studyCynthia J Mollen
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Pediatrics 122:e395-401. 2008..The purpose of this work was to explore the knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs of urban, minority adolescent girls about intention to use emergency contraception pills and to identify barriers to emergency contraception pill use...
- Emergency contraception: a clinical reviewRebecca H Allen
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02120, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 50:927-36. 2007..It is not yet known whether the increased availability of emergency contraception will decrease unintended pregnancy and induced abortion rates...
- A randomized controlled trial of the effect of advanced supply of emergency contraception in postpartum teens: a feasibility studyCourtney A Schreiber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Contraception 81:435-40. 2010....
- Pharmacy access to emergency contraception: Perspectives of pharmacists at a chain pharmacy in San FranciscoShareen Y El-Ibiary
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 47:702-10. 2007..To assess pharmacists' perception of their role in dispensing emergency contraception (EC) in San Francisco...
- Emergency contraception in Peru: shifting government and donor policies and influencesSusana Chavez
Executive Director, Centro de Promoción y Defensa de los Derechos Sexuales y Reproductivos, Lima, Peru
Reprod Health Matters 15:139-48. 2007....
- Does Girl Talk-2 Work in the Juvenile Justice System?Patricia Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2004..The collaboration between a school of nursing and a local juvenile probation department provides a unique opportunity to implement and evaluate a community-centered STD/HIV prevention intervention. ..
- Usage Patterns of OTC Nicotine Patches: Consumer SurveyChih Wen Shi; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Contraceptive efficacy and body weight: Does obesity affect the risk of failure?Alison Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANTIPROGESTINS IN ENDOMETRIUMRONALD WIEHLE; Fiscal Year: 2000..Other indications could include oral contraception, postcoital contraception, labor induction, cervical ripening, hormone replacement therapy and treatment of breast cancer...
- TRANSDERMAL LEVONORGESTREL FOR EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTIONLarry Nichols; Fiscal Year: 1999..develop a transdermal system capable of delivering enough levonorgestrel in 24 hours to provide emergency postcoital contraception as effective as currently approved oral methods, but with greater convenience and fewer side effects...
- Increased Access to Emergency Contraceptive PillsElizabeth Raymond; Fiscal Year: 2004..These secondary analyses should help explain the primary biologic outcomes and should be useful in the development of counseling messages and service protocols in the future. ..
- ESTIMATING EFFICACY OF A MEDICAL INTERVENTIONJames Trussell; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Providers' perceptions of the diaphragm in Southern Afr*Cynthia Harper; Fiscal Year: 2005..As the diaphragm effectiveness results become available, data from this proposed study will position us to design counseling interventions and to address provider education and training needs. ..
- Preventing Postpartum Depression in Adolescent MothersMaureen Phipps; Fiscal Year: 2008..Findings from this study will have important implications for preventing significant morbidity in adolescent mothers and their children. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Combined Hormonal Contraceptive Use in High Risk WomenTina Raine Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2008..This type of information is necessary to translate the new developments in contraceptive technology into improvements in reproductive health. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Familias En Accion: Educating & Changing CommunitiesPatricia Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2008..This collaboration between the nurse-researcher, the multidisciplinary research team, and the targeted community provides an important venue for the dissemination of nursing knowledge and praxis in a Mexican-American community. ..
- Improving Contraceptive Effectiveness in Obese WomenAlison B Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..