Genomes and Genes
Summary: Techniques for the artifical induction of ovulation, the rupture of the follicle and release of the ovum.
Publications333 found, 100 shown here
- Aromatase inhibitors for female infertility: a systematic review of the literatureNikolaos P Polyzos
PACMeR Panhellenic Association for Continual Medical Research, Section of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Public Health, Athens 10438, Greece
Reprod Biomed Online 19:456-71. 2009b>Ovulation induction remains a milestone in the treatment of women with anovulatory infertility...
- ESHRE consensus on the definition of 'poor response' to ovarian stimulation for in vitro fertilization: the Bologna criteriaA P Ferraretti
S I S Me R Reproductive Medicine Unit, Via Mazzini 12, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Hum Reprod 26:1616-24. 2011..Finally, by reducing bias caused by spurious POR definitions, it will be possible to compare results and to draw reliable conclusions...
- Anti-Mullerian hormone (AMH) as a predictive marker in assisted reproductive technology (ART)A La Marca
Mother Infant Department, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Policlinico of Modena, Modena, Italy
Hum Reprod Update 16:113-30. 2010..In men AMH is secreted in both the serum and seminal fluid. Its measurement may be useful in clinical evaluation of the infertile male...
- The role of androgens in follicle maturation and ovulation induction: friend or foe of infertility treatment?Norbert Gleicher
Center for Human Reproduction, New York, New York, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 9:116. 2011Effects of androgens on follicle maturation have been controversial for some time. Here, we review the potential of their applications in improving human ovulation induction, based on human and animal data, reported in the literature.
- AMH and AFC as predictors of excessive response in controlled ovarian hyperstimulation: a meta-analysisS L Broer
Department of Reproductive Medicine and Gynecology, University Medical Center, GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod Update 17:46-54. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the accuracy of AMH and antral follicle count (AFC) as predictors of an excessive response in IVF/ICSI treatment...
- Serum anti-Müllerian hormone and FSH: prediction of live birth and extremes of response in stimulated cycles--implications for individualization of therapyScott M Nelson
Reproductive and Maternal Medicine, Division of Developmental Medicine, University of Glasgow, 10 Alexandra Parade, Glasgow G31 2ER, UK
Hum Reprod 22:2414-21. 2007..Serum concentrations of anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) correlate with oocyte yield in assisted reproduction treatment (ART) cycles, however, performance of AMH for prediction of live birth is unknown...
- Update on the use of dehydroepiandrosterone supplementation among women with diminished ovarian functionDavid Barad
Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
J Assist Reprod Genet 24:629-34. 2007..We assessed the role of DHEA supplementation on pregnancy rates in women with diminished ovarian function...
- The antral follicle count: practical recommendations for better standardizationFrank J M Broekmans
Department of Reproductive Medicine, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 94:1044-51. 2010..In addition, there is considerable variability in the clinical definitions and technical methods used to count and measure antral follicles in both published studies and clinical practice...
- Clomiphene citrate or letrozole for ovulation induction in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome: a prospective randomized trialAhmed Badawy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
Fertil Steril 92:849-52. 2009To compare the effects of letrozole (5 mg) and clomiphene citrate (100 mg) for ovulation induction in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Preventing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: guidance for the clinicianPeter Humaidan
The Fertility Clinic, Skive Regional Hospital, Skive, Denmark
Fertil Steril 94:389-400. 2010..To reevaluate ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) prevention techniques and provide a classification system for grading OHSS and evidence-based treatment strategies for preventing OHSS...
- Endocrine profile in serum and follicular fluid differs after ovarian stimulation with HP-hMG or recombinant FSH in IVF patientsJ Smitz
Follicle Biology Laboratory and Center for Reproductive Medicine, Academisch Ziekenhuis Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Hum Reprod 22:676-87. 2007..Highly purified menotrophin (HP-hMG) has been associated with fewer oocytes retrieved and a higher proportion of top-quality embryos compared with recombinant FSH (rFSH)...
- Serum anti-Müllerian hormone dynamics during controlled ovarian hyperstimulationRenato Fanchin
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, Biology and Genetics of Reproduction, and Biochemistry and Hormonology, Clamart, France
Hum Reprod 18:328-32. 2003..The study aim was to investigate possible changes in serum anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) levels during controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH), and their possible relationship with follicular development and other ovarian hormones...
- Circulating basal anti-Müllerian hormone levels as predictor of ovarian response in women undergoing ovarian stimulation for in vitro fertilizationLuciano G Nardo
Department of Reproductive Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 92:1586-93. 2009..To evaluate the clinical value of basal anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) measurements compared with other available determinants, apart from chronologic age, in the prediction of ovarian response to gonadotrophin stimulation...
- Evaluation of anti-Müllerian hormone as a test for the prediction of ovarian reserveJanet Kwee
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Fertility and IVF Centre, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Vrije Universiteit Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 90:737-43. 2008..To compare in an integral way the value of the basal serum anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) level with most of the established ovarian reserve tests...
- Comparisons of GnRH antagonist versus GnRH agonist protocol in poor ovarian responders undergoing IVFDanhua Pu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, 210029 Nanjing, People s Republic of China
Hum Reprod 26:2742-9. 2011....
- Dehydroepiandrosterone supplementation augments ovarian stimulation in poor responders: a case seriesP R Casson
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, 6550 Fannin, Suite 801, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Hum Reprod 15:2129-32. 2000..In this small series, DHEA improved response to ovarian stimulation even after controlling for gonadotrophin dose. Supplemental DHEA treatment during ovarian stimulation may represent a novel way to maximize ovarian response...
- Metabolism and karyotype analysis of oocytes from patients with polycystic ovary syndromeSarah E Harris
Division of Reproduction and Early Development, Leeds Institute for Genetics, Health and Therapeutics, University of Leeds, Clarendon Way, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Hum Reprod 25:2305-15. 2010..The oocyte is metabolically dependent upon its follicle environment during development, but it is unclear whether PCOS or polycystic ovarian (PCO) morphology alone affect oocyte metabolism and energy-demanding processes such as meiosis...
- Luteolysis induced by a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist is the key to prevention of ovarian hyperstimulation syndromeShahar Kol
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Fertil Steril 81:1-5. 2004..To review the available knowledge on the use of GnRH agonist for ovulation triggering as a means to prevent ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)...
- Premature luteinization during gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist cycles and its relationship with in vitro fertilization outcomeErnesto Bosch
Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad, Valencia, Spain
Fertil Steril 80:1444-9. 2003..To determine the prevalence and the effect of premature luteinization in GnRH antagonist IVF-ET cycles...
- Starting and resulting testosterone levels after androgen supplementation determine at all ages in vitro fertilization (IVF) pregnancy rates in women with diminished ovarian reserve (DOR)Norbert Gleicher
Center for Human Reproduction, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Assist Reprod Genet 30:49-62. 2013....
- Health of children born after ovulation inductionReija Klemetti
Health Services Research, STAKES, National Research and Development Centre for Welfare and Health, Helsinki, Finland
Fertil Steril 93:1157-68. 2010To study the health of children born after ovulation induction (OI).
- The use of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist to induce oocyte maturation after cotreatment with GnRH antagonist in high-risk patients undergoing in vitro fertilization prevents the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: a prospective randoLawrence Engmann
Center for Advanced Reproductive Services, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dowling South Building, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 6224, USA
Fertil Steril 89:84-91. 2008....
- Cumulus cell gene expression is associated with oocyte developmental quality and influenced by patient and treatment characteristicsT Adriaenssens
Follicle Biology Laboratory, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 25:1259-70. 2010..Knowledge of the genes involved in determining oocyte quality is scanty. The aim was to correlate clinical and biological characteristics during ovarian stimulation with the expression of 10 selected genes in CC...
- Increased oocyte production after treatment with dehydroepiandrosteroneDavid H Barad
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Women s Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Fertil Steril 84:756. 2005..To describe a case of dramatically improved ovarian reserve in a 42.7-year-old woman who was using the dietary supplement dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) as well as acupuncture...
- DHEA supplementation may improve IVF outcome in poor responders: a proposed mechanismJordana H Hyman
IVF Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem 91031, Israel
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 168:49-53. 2013..This study aimed to determine the mechanism of action of DHEA, and specifically, the stage of folliculogenesis influenced by DHEA...
- Circulating progesterone levels and ongoing pregnancy rates in controlled ovarian stimulation cycles for in vitro fertilization: analysis of over 4000 cyclesE Bosch
Department of Reproduction, Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad, University of Valencia, Plaza de la Policia Local, 3, 46015 Valencia, Spain
Hum Reprod 25:2092-100. 2010..Efforts to resolve this question have been impeded by the various assays used to measure progesterone and the different, arbitrary threshold values for defining 'high' progesterone levels...
- Fertility treatment in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a decision analysis of different oral ovulation induction agentsEmily S Jungheim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63108, USA
Fertil Steril 94:2659-64. 2010To compare different oral ovulation induction agents in treating infertile women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Is ovarian stimulation detrimental to the endometrium?José A Martínez-Conejero
Fundación IVI Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad IUIVI University of Valencia, c Guadassuar, 1 Bajo, 46015 Valencia, Spain
Reprod Biomed Online 15:45-50. 2007..Clinical implications of these differences should be analysed in more detail...
- Ovarian stimulation by concomitant administration of cetrorelix acetate and HMG following Diane-35 pre-treatment for patients with polycystic ovary syndrome: a prospective randomized studyJiann Loung Hwang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Hum Reprod 19:1993-2000. 2004..We proposed a stimulation protocol incorporating Diane-35 and GnRH antagonist (Diane/cetrorelix protocol) and compared it with the GnRH agonist long protocol for PCOS patients...
- A lower ongoing pregnancy rate can be expected when GnRH agonist is used for triggering final oocyte maturation instead of HCG in patients undergoing IVF with GnRH antagonistsE M Kolibianakis
Centre of Reproductive Medicine, Dutch Speaking Brussels Free University, Belgium
Hum Reprod 20:2887-92. 2005..However, the efficacy of this intervention in patients treated for IVF with GnRH antagonists remains to be assessed...
- What is the preferred GnRH analogue for polycystic ovary syndrome patients undergoing controlled ovarian hyperstimulation for in vitro fertilization?Raoul Orvieto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Barzilai Medical Center, Ashkelon, Israel
Fertil Steril 91:1466-8. 2009..The PCOS patients undergoing COH using the GnRH agonist protocol (n = 50) showed a significantly higher pregnancy rate (36% vs. 19.6%, respectively), compared with the GnRH antagonist protocol (n = 102)...
- The luteal phase after GnRH-agonist triggering of ovulation: present and future perspectivesPeter Humaidan
The Fertility Clinic, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Reprod Biomed Online 24:134-41. 2012..Although more research is needed, GnRHa triggering is now an alternative to HCG triggering, combining a significant reduction in OHSS with high ongoing pregnancy rates...
- A randomized trial of superovulation with two different doses of letrozoleRaedah Al-Fadhli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Fertil Steril 85:161-4. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of either a 2.5-mg or a 5-mg daily dose of letrozole in women undergoing superovulation and intrauterine insemination (IUI)...
- Effects of transdermal testosterone application on the ovarian response to FSH in poor responders undergoing assisted reproduction technique--a prospective, randomized, double-blind studyN Massin
Reproductive Medicine Unit, Jean Verdier Hospital, University Paris XIII, Bondy, France
Hum Reprod 21:1204-11. 2006..In primates, androgens can play a synergistic role with FSH in promoting the early follicular recruitment, which is critical in assisted reproduction technique programmes...
- Pregnancy outcome after ovulation induction with aromatase inhibitors or clomiphene citrate in unexplained infertilityAhmed Badawy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mansoura University, Egypt
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 88:187-91. 2009To evaluate the pregnancy outcome after ovulation induction with aromatase inhibitors or clomiphene citrate (CC).
- Serum anti-Müllerian hormone predicts ovarian response and cycle outcome in IVF patientsCheng Hsuan Wu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua, 500 Taiwan, Republic of China
J Assist Reprod Genet 26:383-9. 2009..This prospective study was designed to investigate whether anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) levels at basal and ovulation triggering day are associated with ovarian response and pregnancy outcome for in vitro fertilization (IVF)...
- Physiology and pathology of ovarian hyperstimulation syndromeRaul Gomez
Instituto Universitario IVI, Universidad de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Semin Reprod Med 28:448-57. 2010..Pharmaco-prevention through dopamine agonists is effective only in nonpregnant high-risk OHSS women. Embryo cryopreservation plus dopamine agonist administration might be the most appropriate way to prevent OHSS in high-risk patients...
- Genome-wide identification of micro-ribonucleic acids associated with human endometrial receptivity in natural and stimulated cycles by deep sequencingAi Guo Sha
Reproductive Medicine Center, Bailu Hospital, Xiamen, People s Republic of China
Fertil Steril 96:150-155.e5. 2011..To identify microRNAs (miRNAs) associated with endometrial receptivity...
- Anti-Mullerian hormone-tailored stimulation protocols improve outcomes whilst reducing adverse effects and costs of IVFA P Yates
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Specialist Assay Lab, 2nd Floor, CSB3, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Hum Reprod 26:2353-62. 2011..We investigated the possible benefits of using novel, stratified ovarian hyperstimulation protocols, tailored to individual AMH levels, compared with conventional stimulation...
- Influence of ovarian stimulation with HP-hMG or recombinant FSH on embryo quality parameters in patients undergoing IVFSøren Ziebe
Fertility Clinic, Rigshospitalet, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Hum Reprod 22:2404-13. 2007..There are limited data on the impact of different gonadotrophin preparations on embryo quality...
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists versus antagonists for controlled ovarian hyperstimulation in oocyte donors: a systematic review and meta-analysisDaniel Bodri
Clinica Eugin, Departament de Pediatria, Obstetrícia i Ginecologia i Medicina Preventiva, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Fertil Steril 95:164-9. 2011..To compare GnRH agonists and antagonists in oocyte-donation IVF treatment cycles by a systematic review and meta-analysis of trials...
- Anti-Müllerian hormone: correlation of early follicular, ovulatory and midluteal levels with ovarian response and cycle outcome in intracytoplasmic sperm injection patientsEman A Elgindy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, the University of Zagazig, Zagazig, Egypt
Fertil Steril 89:1670-6. 2008..To measure serum anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) during different phases of the menstrual cycle and to correlate the measurements with ovarian response and clinical-pregnancy rates in intracytoplasmic sperm injection cycles...
- Gene expression profile of human endometrial receptivity: comparison between natural and stimulated cycles for the same patientsD Haouzi
CHU Montpellier, Institut de Recherche en Biothérapie, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier F 34000, France
Hum Reprod 24:1436-45. 2009..In order to identify the genes misregulated under COS, we compared the endometrium gene expression profiles, from the same patients, in a natural cycle and in a subsequent COS cycle...
- The role of anti-Müllerian hormone assessment in assisted reproductive technology outcomeSimone L Broer
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Division of Obstetrics, Neonatology and Gynecology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 22:193-201. 2010..The purpose of this study is to summarize the role of anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) in assisted reproductive technology (ART) treatment...
- Serum anti-Müllerian hormone and estradiol levels as predictors of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome in assisted reproduction technology cyclesTsung Hsien Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Hum Reprod 23:160-7. 2008..The objective of this study is to determine whether the serum AMH level can predict ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) prior to selection of COS protocols...
- Use of letrozole in assisted reproduction: a systematic review and meta-analysisAntonio Requena
IVI Madrid, Santiago de Compostela 88, E 28035 Madrid, Spain
Hum Reprod Update 14:571-82. 2008..AIs induce ovulation by inhibiting estrogen production; the consequent hypoestrogenic state increases GnRH release and pituitary follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) synthesis...
- Genetic and functional analyses of polymorphisms in the human FSH receptor geneSatoko Sudo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hokkaido University, School of Medicine, N15 W7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 8:893-9. 2002..05). A higher dose of the exogenous gonadotrophin was required to achieve ovulation induction in the SS group as compared with the NS group (P < 0.05)...
- Early follicular serum müllerian-inhibiting substance levels are associated with ovarian response during assisted reproductive technology cyclesDavid B Seifer
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
Fertil Steril 77:468-71. 2002..that the concentration of early follicular phase serum müllerian-inhibiting substance (MIS) is associated with ovarian response in women undergoing ovulation induction in preparation for assisted reproductive technology (ART).
- Addition of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) for poor-responder patients before and during IVF treatment improves the pregnancy rate: a randomized prospective studyA Wiser
IVF Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Meir Medical Center, Kfar Saba, Israel
Hum Reprod 25:2496-500. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) supplementation on in vitro fertilization (IVF) data and outcomes among poor-responder patients...
- 1,500 IU human chorionic gonadotropin administered at oocyte retrieval rescues the luteal phase when gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist is used for ovulation induction: a prospective, randomized, controlled studyPeter Humaidan
The Fertility Clinic, Skive Regional Hospital, Resenvej 25, 7800 Skive, Denmark
Fertil Steril 93:847-54. 2010To prospectively assess the reproductive outcome with a small bolus of hCG administered on the day of oocyte retrieval after ovulation induction with a GnRH agonist (GnRHa).
- Serum antimüllerian hormone/müllerian-inhibiting substance appears to be a more discriminatory marker of assisted reproductive technology outcome than follicle-stimulating hormone, inhibin B, or estradiolAndré Hazout
ART Unit Eylau la Muette, Clinic La Muette, Paris, France
Fertil Steril 82:1323-9. 2004..To test the hypothesis that the concentration of early follicular phase serum antimullerian hormone (AMH) or mullerian-inhibiting substance (MIS) is a useful marker of ovarian response and assisted reproductive technology (ART) outcome...
- The use of LH activity to drive folliculogenesis: exploring uncharted territories in ovulation inductionMarco Filicori
Reproductive Endocrinology Center, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Hum Reprod Update 8:543-57. 2002..LH activity administration during gonadotrophin ovulation induction can enhance ovarian response and optimise treatment...
- A new era in ovulation inductionHananel Holzer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Fertil Steril 85:277-84. 2006To evaluate the efficacy of aromatase inhibitors in ovulation induction, superovulation, and IVF.
- Does metformin modify ovarian responsiveness during exogenous FSH ovulation induction in normogonadotrophic anovulation? A placebo-controlled double-blind assessmentEvert J P van Santbrink
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 152:611-7. 2005To assess whether the addition of metformin to gonadotrophin ovulation induction in insulin-resistant, normogonadotrophic, anovulatory women alters ovarian responsiveness to exogenous FSH.
- mRNA expression pattern of insulin-like growth factor components of granulosa cells and cumulus cells in women with and without polycystic ovary syndrome according to oocyte maturityHwang Kwon
CHA Fertility Center of Bundang CHA General Hospital, CHA Research Institute, and Graduate School of Life Science and Biotechnology, College of Medicine, CHA University, Seongnam, South Korea
Fertil Steril 94:2417-20. 2010....
- The impact of luteal phase support on gene expression of extracellular matrix protein and adhesion molecules in the human endometrium during the window of implantation following controlled ovarian stimulation with a GnRH antagonist protocolYulian Zhao
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Fertil Steril 94:2264-71. 2010..To evaluate the impact of two different luteal phase support protocols on gene expression of extracellular matrix (ECM) proteins and adhesion molecules in the human endometrium...
- GnRH agonist (buserelin) or hCG for ovulation induction in GnRH antagonist IVF/ICSI cycles: a prospective randomized studyP Humaidan
The Fertility Clinic, Viborg Hospital Skive, Denmark
Hum Reprod 20:1213-20. 2005....
- Steroid receptor expression in late follicular phase endometrium in GnRH antagonist IVF cycles is already altered, indicating initiation of early luteal phase transformation in the absence of secretory changesEvangelos G Papanikolaou
University Hospital, Dutch Speaking Brussels Free University, AZ VUB, Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Laarbeeklaaan 101, 1090 Jette, Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 20:1541-7. 2005....
- Follicular growth and oocyte maturation in GnRH agonist and antagonist protocols for in vitro fertilisation and embryo transferRaffaella Depalo
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Neonatology, Gynecology and Obstetric Unit A, University of Bari, Piazza Giulio Cesare, Bari, Italy
Gynecol Endocrinol 25:328-34. 2009..The endpoints were the pattern of follicular growth, the maturity of the oocytes collected, the embryo quality and the pregnancy outcome...
- The effects of ovulation induction on ovarian epithelium dysplasia scores and Ki67 expression: an experimental study on ratsA Corakci
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
Int J Gynecol Cancer 15:866-71. 2005We aimed to evaluate the effects of ovulation induction on Ki67 expression and dysplasia scores of female rat ovaries...
- A double-blind, non-inferiority RCT comparing corifollitropin alfa and recombinant FSH during the first seven days of ovarian stimulation using a GnRH antagonist protocolP Devroey
Center for Reproductive Medicine, UZ Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 24:3063-72. 2009..A single injection of corifollitropin alfa may replace seven daily gonadotrophin injections during the first week of ovarian stimulation...
- Ovulation induction management of PCOSDavid S Guzick
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 50:255-67. 2007b>Ovulation induction is the principal infertility treatment for women with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Among PCOS patients who are overweight or obese, weight loss is the most physiologic method of inducing ovulation...
- Changes in the distribution of mitochondria before and after in vitro maturation of human oocytes and the effect of in vitro maturation on mitochondria distributionShan Liu
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Shandong Provincial Hospital, Shandong University, Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Shandong Province, Jinan 250021, People s Republic of China
Fertil Steril 93:1550-5. 2010..To clarify the relationship between oocyte maturation and mitochondria distribution and assess the effects of in vitro maturation (IVM) on the distribution of mitochondria in human oocytes...
- Ovulation induction using laparoscopic ovarian drilling in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome: predictors of successS A K Amer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Sheffield, Jessop Wing, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Hum Reprod 19:1719-24. 2004..This study was carried out to identify factors that may help to predict the outcome of LOD...
- Effect of androgen supplementation or modulation on ovarian stimulation outcome in poor responders: a meta-analysisSesh Kamal Sunkara
Assisted Conception Unit, Guy s Hospital, St Thomas Street, London, UK
Reprod Biomed Online 22:545-55. 2011..There is currently insufficient evidence from the few randomized controlled trials to support the use of androgen supplementation or modulation to improve live birth outcome in poor responders undergoing IVF/ICSI treatment...
- Controlled ovarian hyperstimulation for in vitro fertilization alters endometrial receptivity in humans: protocol effectsDelphine Haouzi
Institut de Recherche en Biothérapie, CHU Montpellier, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier, France
Biol Reprod 82:679-86. 2010..However, the endometrial receptivity under the GnRH antagonist protocol was more similar to the natural cycle receptivity than that under the GnRH agonist protocol...
- How to improve the probability of pregnancy in poor responders undergoing in vitro fertilization: a systematic review and meta-analysisDimitra Kyrou
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Unit for Human Reproduction, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Fertil Steril 91:749-66. 2009..To systematically review the literature to identify randomized controlled trials, which evaluate interventions aiming to improve the probability of pregnancy in poor responders undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF)...
- History and challenges surrounding ovarian stimulation in the treatment of infertilityStephanie A Beall
Reproductive Biology and Medicine Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1109, USA
Fertil Steril 97:795-801. 2012To examine the history of superovulation for ovulation induction, its contributions to reproductive medicine, and its impact on multiple births.
- Recombinant human LH supplementation versus supplementation with urinary hCG-based LH activity during controlled ovarian stimulation in the long GnRH-agonist protocol: a matched case-control studyKlaus F Bühler
Kinderwunschzentrum Hanover Langenhagen and Wolfsburg, GMP Müseler Albers Arendt Bühler Schill, Langenhagen, Germany
Gynecol Endocrinol 28:345-50. 2012..In COS protocols with r-hFSH, supplementation with r-hLH appears to be more effective than supplementation with u-hMG using the long GnRH-agonist protocol for ART...
- Comparison of clomiphene citrate, metformin, or the combination of both for first-line ovulation induction, achievement of pregnancy, and live birth in Asian women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a randomized controlled trialMurizah Mohd Zain
Department of Obstetric and Gynaecology, Alor Setar Hospital, Kedah, Malaysia
Fertil Steril 91:514-21. 2009To determine the first-line medication to be used in anovulatory patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) for ovulation induction and pregnancy achievement.
- Individualised controlled ovarian stimulation (iCOS): maximising success rates for assisted reproductive technology patientsErnesto Bosch
Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad, Valencia, Spain
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 9:82. 2011....
- Prospective cohort study in high responder oocyte donors using two hormonal stimulation protocols: impact on embryo aneuploidy and developmentCarmen Rubio
Instituto Universitario Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad IVI Valencia, Plaza Policía Local no 3, 46015 Valencia, Spain
Hum Reprod 25:2290-7. 2010..This study aims to test the influence of gonadotrophin doses on embryo aneuploidy rates...
- Psychiatric morbidity amongst infertile Chinese women undergoing treatment with assisted reproductive technology and the impact of treatment failureIingrid Hung Lok
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Gynecol Obstet Invest 53:195-9. 2002..Proper psychological care and counseling should be an integral part of infertility management among the Chinese population...
- Differences in gene expression of granulosa cells from women undergoing controlled ovarian hyperstimulation with either recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone or highly purified human menopausal gonadotropinMarie Louise Grøndahl
Fertility Clinic, Hvidovre Hospital, Copenhagen University Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
Fertil Steril 91:1820-30. 2009....
- The impact of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist on gonadotropin ovulation induction cycles in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a prospective randomized studyLaurel A Stadtmauer
Jones Institute of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia 23507, USA
Fertil Steril 95:216-20. 2011To evaluate the effect of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist Ganirelix on gonadotropin ovulation induction (OI) in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Serum anti-Müllerian hormone and inhibin B concentrations are not useful predictors of ovarian response during ovulation induction treatment with recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone in women with polycystic ovary syndromeSharon Lie Fong
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 96:459-63. 2011To describe changes of anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) and inhibin B during low-dose gonadotropin ovulation induction (OI) treatment in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), and thus disturbed selection of the dominant follicle.
- An OHSS-Free Clinic by segmentation of IVF treatmentPaul Devroey
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, UZ Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 26:2593-7. 2011..The syndrome can be erased by applying ovarian stimulation using the combination of GnRH antagonist with GnRH agonist to trigger ovulation. In this case, the strategy is to freeze all of the oocytes or embryos for later use...
- The effect of an individualized GnRH antagonist protocol on folliculogenesis in IVF/ICSIM H Mochtar
Hum Reprod 19:1713-8. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess the effect of an individualized GnRH antagonist regimen on folliculogenesis...
- Antral follicle counts are strongly associated with live-birth rates after assisted reproduction, with superior treatment outcome in women with polycystic ovariesJan Holte
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Fertil Steril 96:594-9. 2011..To evaluate the association of antral follicle count (AFC) with in vitro fertilization/intracytoplasmic sperm injection (IVF-ICSI) outcome in a large unselected cohort of patients covering the entire range of AFC...
- GnRH antagonists may affect endometrial receptivityBeth W Rackow
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8063, USA
Fertil Steril 89:1234-9. 2008..HOXA10 is an essential regulator of endometrial receptivity. To determine the effect of GnRH antagonists on endometrial receptivity, we assessed endometrial HOXA10 expression in GnRH antagonist, GnRH agonist, and natural cycles...
- Prediction of high ovarian response to controlled ovarian hyperstimulation: anti-Müllerian hormone versus small antral follicle count (2-6 mm)Abbas Aflatoonian
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Research and Clinical Center for Infertility, Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Science, Safaieh, 8916877391 Yazd, Iran
J Assist Reprod Genet 26:319-25. 2009..To evaluate the predictive value of basal serum anti-müllerian hormone level and small antral follicle count for high ovarian response to controlled ovarian hyperstimulation...
- Coasting acts through downregulation of VEGF gene expression and protein secretionJ A Garcia-Velasco
IVI Madrid, Rey Juan Carlos University, Spain
Hum Reprod 19:1530-8. 2004..This study was conducted to investigate the mechanisms by which coasting may be effective in decreasing the incidence of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)...
- Identification of the high-risk patient for ovarian hyperstimulation syndromeEvangelos G Papanikolaou
Assisted Reproduction Unit, 1st OB GYN Department, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Semin Reprod Med 28:458-62. 2010..Until reliable genetic tests are available, and considering that the occurrence of pregnancy is unpredictable, the use of prognostic factors will be mainly indicative of risk rather than preventive of OHSS...
- A prospective, comparative analysis of anti-Müllerian hormone, inhibin-B, and three-dimensional ultrasound determinants of ovarian reserve in the prediction of poor response to controlled ovarian stimulationKannamannadiar Jayaprakasan
Nottingham University Research and Treatment Unit in Reproduction, Division of Human Development, School of Clinical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 93:855-64. 2010....
- A comparative study on the outcomes of in vitro fertilization between women with polycystic ovary syndrome and those with sonographic polycystic ovary-only in GnRH antagonist cyclesYong Jin Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, 28 Yonkeun Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, South Korea
Arch Gynecol Obstet 282:199-205. 2010..This study was performed to compare the outcomes of controlled ovarian stimulation (COH) and IVF between women with PCOS and those with sonographic PCO-only in GnRH antagonist cycles...
- Options on fertility preservation in female cancer patientsKenny A Rodriguez-Wallberg
Karolinska Institute, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Treat Rev 38:354-61. 2012....
- Development of a nomogram based on markers of ovarian reserve for the individualisation of the follicle-stimulating hormone starting dose in in vitro fertilisation cyclesA La Marca
Mother Infant Department, Institute of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
BJOG 119:1171-9. 2012..To elaborate a nomogram based on markers of ovarian reserve for the calculation of the appropriate starting dose of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH)...
- In vitro maturation of germinal vesicle oocytes recovered after premature luteinizing hormone surge: description of a novel approach to fertility preservationKutluk Oktay
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Center for Reproductive Medicine and Infertility, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Fertil Steril 89:228.e19-22. 2008..To report a novel approach to fertility preservation by in vitro maturation and embryo cryopreservation after LH surge and ovulation...
- Hormonal, functional and genetic biomarkers in controlled ovarian stimulation: tools for matching patients and protocolsCarlo Alviggi
Centro di Sterilità ed Infertilità di Coppia, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 10:9. 2012..In the future, hormonal, functional and genetic biomarkers will be used together to personalise COS...
- Survivin gene expression in granulosa cells from infertile patients undergoing in vitro fertilization-embryo transferKuniko Fujino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigakumachi, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 8686, Japan
Fertil Steril 89:60-5. 2008..To evaluate survivin gene expression in granulosa cells from infertile patients and examine the relationship between survivin gene expression and infertile clinical background...
- Review of clinical course and treatment of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)Annick Delvigne
IVF Centre, Department of Obstetrics Gynaecology, University Hospital St Pierre Free University of Brussels ULB, Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod Update 9:77-96. 2003..Properly conducted studies, including large numbers of patients are required in order to determine the best method of prevention and management...
- Reproductive biology and IVF: ovarian stimulation and luteal phase consequencesBart C J M Fauser
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Trends Endocrinol Metab 14:236-42. 2003..Here, we discuss recent approaches to ovarian stimulation, the induction of oocyte maturation, and effects of these altered follicular phase interventions on corpus luteum function following ovarian stimulation...
- Tailoring the GnRH antagonist cetrorelix acetate to individual patients' needs in ovarian stimulation for IVF: results of a prospective, randomized studyM Ludwig
Division of Reproductive Medicine and Gynecologic Endocrinology, Medical University Lubeck, Beckergrube 42 44, 23552 Lübeck, Germany
Hum Reprod 17:2842-5. 2002....
- Apoptosis in human granulosa cells after induction of ovulation in women participating in an intracytoplasmic sperm injection programAna Clavero
Servicio de Análisis Cli nicos, Hospital Virgen de las Nieves, Granada, Spain
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 110:181-5. 2003....
- Aromatase inhibition reduces gonadotrophin dose required for controlled ovarian stimulation in women with unexplained infertilityM F M Mitwally
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, Reproductive Sciences Division, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Hum Reprod 18:1588-97. 2003..Previously, we reported the success of aromatase inhibition in inducing ovulation without antiestrogenic effects...
- Prediction of ovarian reserve based on day-3 serum follicle stimulating hormone concentrations during the pituitary suppression cycle using a gonadotropin releasing hormone agonist in patients undergoing in vitro fertilization-embryo transferT Onagawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Gynecol Endocrinol 18:335-40. 2004..25 mIU/ml. These findings indicate that day 3-FSH is usefulfor predicting ovarian reserve during the pituitary suppression cycle using a GnRH agonist in patients undergoing IVF-ET...
- Can 200 IU of hCG replace recombinant FSH in the late follicular phase in a GnRH-antagonist cycle? A pilot studyC Blockeel
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, UZ Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 24:2910-6. 2009..This randomised controlled trial (RCT) further explored whether low-dose hCG can be used clinically to replace recombinant FSH (rFSH) during the late follicular phase in a GnRH-antagonist protocol...
- Impact of luteinizing hormone administration on gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist cycles: an age-adjusted analysisErnesto Bosch
Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad, Valencia, Spain
Fertil Steril 95:1031-6. 2011..To analyze the impact of LH administration on cycle outcome in ovarian stimulation with GnRH antagonists...
- Comparison of two different starting multiple dose gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist protocols in a selected group of in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer patientsErnesto Escudero
Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad, Valencia, Spain
Fertil Steril 81:562-6. 2004..To compare the efficacy of two starting protocols of multiple dose GnRH antagonists (GnRH-a)...
- The source and implications of progesterone rise during the follicular phase of assisted reproduction cyclesRichard Fleming
Glasgow Centre for Reproductive Medicine GCRM Ltd, Glasgow, UK
Reprod Biomed Online 21:446-9. 2010..However, strategies that reduce follicular recruitment in high-responding women and gonadotrophins that contain LH activity may reduce the degree of progesterone elevation prior to luteinization...
- Symposium: Update on prediction and management of OHSS. A modern classification of OHSSAbraham Golan
IVF Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon 58100, Israel
Reprod Biomed Online 19:28-32. 2009..As the revised classification system is very valid and widely used, it should form the basis for a modern classification, with the addition of critical or complicated OHSS to the severe category of the syndrome...
- Granulosa Cell Function in Polycystic Ovary SyndromeR Chang; Fiscal Year: 2004..in PCOS is abnormal, which is characterized by an initial resistance to gonadotropin stimulation during ovulation induction followed by subsequent hyperresponsiveness once progressive follicle growth has been achieved...
- Outcomes of Infertility Treatments in Clinic and Population-Based CohortsJoseph B Stanford; Fiscal Year: 2010..Infertility treatments range from less invasive medical treatments (including ovulation induction and artificial insemination) to assisted reproductive technologies (ART), which complete early stages of ..
- Treatment of Hyperandrogenism vs. Insulin Resistance in Infertile PCOS WomenRichard S Legro; Fiscal Year: 2012..This will be followed by ovulation induction with clomiphene citrate in all subjects for up to 4 cycles (Phase II)...
- The Utility of Empiric Medical Treatment of Infertile Oligo-asthenospermic MenPeter R Casson; Fiscal Year: 2013..We hypothesize that when used in conjunction with controlled ovulation induction (COI)/intrauterine insemination (lUl), EMT represents effective therapy...
- Efficacy of Dexamethasone in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Related InfertilityRandal Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will address these specific alms by conducting a double-blind, randomized trial of ovulation Induction with CC plus DEX compared to CC plus placebo...
- A RCT of preconception weight loss vs. OCP in overweight infertile PCOS womenRichard S Legro; Fiscal Year: 2013..All women will then undergo four cycles of ovulation induction with an oral agent with timed intercourse...
- Rosiglitazone and Clomiphene for Ovulation InductionNicholas Cataldo; Fiscal Year: 2002..Women who fail clomiphene ovulation induction are usually treated with parenteral FSH, but this is associated with a greater risk than clomiphene of both ..
- GnRH Gene Expression in the OvaryHelen Kim; Fiscal Year: 2009..More recently, GnRH antagonists, which block the GnRH receptor, have been used for pituitary suppression in ovulation induction protocols...
- UNDERSTANDING OVARIAN CONTROL IN RARE BIOMEDICAL MODELSKATHARINE PELICAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Controlling the ovary prior to ovulation induction improves pregnancy success in some species, but this concept has not been tested in an induced ovulator ..
- INFERTILITY TREATMENT, CHILD GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT THROUGH AGE THREE YEARSCharlotte Druschel; Fiscal Year: 2009..the Epidemiology Branch intends to assess the impact of infertility treatment, including but not limited to ovulation induction and assisted reproductive technologies, ART, on three domains of children's health-growth, motor and ..
- INFERTILITY TREATMENT, CHILD GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT THROUGH AGE THREE YEARCharlotte Druschel; Fiscal Year: 2012..the Epidemiology Branch intends to assess the impact of infertility treatment, including but not limited to ovulation induction and assisted reproductive technologies, ART, on three domains of children's health-growth, motor and ..
- INFERTILITY TREATMENT, CHILD GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT THROUGH AGE THREE YEARCharlotte Druschel; Fiscal Year: 2013..the Epidemiology Branch intends to assess the impact of infertility treatment, including but not limited to ovulation induction and assisted reproductive technologies, ART, on three domains of children's health-growth, motor and ..
- INFERTILITY TREATMENT, CHILD GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT THROUGH AGE THREE YEARSCharlotte Druschel; Fiscal Year: 2011
- DATA COORDINATING CENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKRobert Canfield; Fiscal Year: 2000..b>Ovulation induction will be carried out using Metrodin (human follitropin) under an IND...
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKJoseph Hill; Fiscal Year: 1999..b>Ovulation induction will be carried out using Metrodin (human follitropin) under an IND...
- COCAINE: EFFECTS ON OVARIAN FUNCTIONSUSAN ATLAS; Fiscal Year: 1990..If no effect is found, Study 2 will examine if cocaine administered intravenously daily for 14 days before ovulation induction affects these parameters...
- OUTCOMES IN SPONTANEOUS & LATROGENIC MULTIPLE PREGNANCYAnne Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2000..patients (called "cases" in the proposal) are women who conceive as a result of assisted reproduction (ovulation induction and IVF)...
- HBEGF - A Role In Human ImplantationRichard Leach; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information in turn can be used in the future to test IVF ovulation induction protocols to improve implantation rates.
- UTERINE SECRETORY ACTIVITYAsgerally Fazleabas; Fiscal Year: 1993..6) and a basic protein (M 40,000) induced by progesterone, 2) develop ovulation induction protocols in baboons in order to obtain a sufficient number of pre-implantation conceptuses, and to also ..
- REGULATION OF PRIMATE ENDOMETRIAL RESPONSEWilliam Okulicz; Fiscal Year: 2003..purported to be the most common endocrinopathy in women with infertility, recurrent aboration or undergoing ovulation induction. In addition, our previous studies have identified PO-dependent candidate tumor suppressors that may ..
- INFERTILITY AND OVARIAN CANCER--A PILOT STUDYCarolyn Westhoff; Fiscal Year: 1992..Recent case reports note the occurrence of ovarian cancer among infertile women receiving ovulation induction medications...
- Role of integrins and activin in granulosa cell growthKutluk Oktay; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cell proliferation and survival will be determined before and after transfection with the dominant-negative mutants. ..
- Progestogen Inhibition of Ovarian Cancer Cell MetastasisWilliam Murdoch; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Wayne State University Clinical Translational ScienceMichael Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effect of Continuous vs. Sequential Oral ContraceptionRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Therefore, the risks and benefits of a CCOCP regimen are an important women's health issue that warrant investigation. ..
- INSULIN RESISTANCE IN PCOS--SEQUELAE AND TREATMENTRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2005..Improving insulin action through diet and exercise, with and without weight loss, will result in lowered circulating insulin levels, lowered androgens and increased ovulatory frequency rate in PCOS women. ..
- Treatment of Endometriosis-Associated Pelvic PainDavid Guzick; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, a cost-effectiveness analysis will be performed by calculating the cost per unit reduction in pain score for each treatment. ..
- EXTRAMURAL RESEARCH FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMDavid Guzick; Fiscal Year: 2003..Since much of the current space will continue to house vision science, this C06 award will create a substantial net increase in vision-research facilities and capabilities. ..
- CELL SUBPOPULATIONS IN THE PRIMATE CORPUS LUTEUMRichard Stouffer; Fiscal Year: 2001..Overall, the proposed research may have relevance to an understanding of certain ovarian disorders such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and luteal phase defects where microvasculature growth may be disrupted. ..
- U of R Human Subjects Collaborative Research EnhancementDavid Guzick; Fiscal Year: 2003..This can be viewed as the first steps in the development of an interoperative clinical research network as envisioned within the NIH Strategic Plan. ..
- DETERMINANTS OF TISSUE ESTRADIOL SENSITIVITYRichard Santen; Fiscal Year: 2009..FTS, a novel mTOR inhibitor will be used in vitro to activate the stress kinase pathway and apoptosis. In vivo, FTS will be used to enhance estradiol induced apoptosis in nude mice. ..
- Endogenous Relaxin Regulates Vascular Function in Nonpregnant Females and MalesKIRK CONRA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thus, the influence of endogenous Rlx on vascular function is likely to be a general phenomenon, and not one limited exclusively to pregnancy. ..
- Cognitive dysfunction in neuropsychiatric-SLEMichael Lockshin; Fiscal Year: 2002..Successful completion of this research will redefine the pathogenesis of cognitive dysfunction and suggest therapeutic targets for intervention...
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN THE EPIDEMIOLOGY OF AGINGStanislav Kasl; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, Ph.D. candidates in biostatistics who will work with our biostatistics faculty on developing new techniques for the analysis of longitudinal data on older persons will also be eligible for support. ..
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR CORRELATED SUBSTANCE USE DATAHeping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- PHYSIOLOGY OF HUMAN RELAXINGerson Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Neurobiology of the Menopausal TransitionYolanda R Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..A better understanding of the areas and sequence of brain processing changes will allow the health community to plan interventions which most effectively preserve cognitive and emotional health for women. ..
- Inhibin/Activin Family in Human Cranifocial DevelopmentGeralyn Messerlian; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Human Endometrial Nitric Oxide: Regulation and FunctionOmid Khorram; Fiscal Year: 2003..This pilot study should shed light on regulation and function of human endometrial NO pathway, an uninvestigated area of research with profound clinical significance. ..
- BIOLOGICAL BASIS OF THE PERIMENOPAUSEDAVID SEIFER; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MECHANISMS OF VASODILATION IN PREGNANCYKirk Conrad; Fiscal Year: 2001..Hypothesis 3. Relaxin also contributes to NO-dependent renal vasodilation and hyperfiltration in gravid rats. Hypothesis 4. Relaxin contributes to renal vasodilation, hyperfiltration, and osmoregulatory changes in gravid women. ..
- PATHWAYS TO ALCOHOLISM THROUGH PSYCHOPATHOLOGYHeping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2001..They further state that identifying these pathways will ultimately assist in the development of an empirical basis for the primary prevention of secondary alcoholism. ..
- NEUROBIOLOGICAL EFFECT OF LONG-TERM ESTROGEN REPLACEMENTYolanda Smith; Fiscal Year: 2006..Comparison between groups will offer a greater understanding of the effect of hormone therapies on brain neurochemistry and cognition. ..
- Risk and prognosis of uterine corpus cancer after tamoxifen treatment for breastFlora van Leeuwen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Cox regression and conditional logistic regression will be used for the analyses of the final combined datasets. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Glucocorticoids and Programming of the Hypertensive Vascular PhenotypeOmid Khorram; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Angiogenesis Induction by Vasculogenic Progenitor CellsJoseph Itskovitz Eldor; Fiscal Year: 2006..We expect that this research will establish the foundation for an effective therapeutic modality using hES cells for some of the most leading causes of morbidity and mortality in the world. ..
- Regulation of maspin in placental developmentANUJA DOKRAS JAGASIA; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, any important new information that may be obtained about the putative role of maspin during embryonic development may help elucidate the biological significance of its loss during tumor progression. ..
- HOX GENE EXPRESSION IN HUMAN ENDOMETRIUMHugh Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will further characterize the molecular mechanisms by which HOX expression is related to normal and pathologic endometrial development. ..
- Infrastructure for Human Embryonic Stem Cells Productio*Joseph Itskovitz Eldor; Fiscal Year: 2007..These improvements will constitute the ability to grow and propagate hESCs in large quantities in conditions that promote both research and clinical utilization of these cells. ..
- DNA methylation programming to oocyte environmentKevin Sinclair; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant SmokersKathryn Pollak; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, the study results have immediate potential to inform clinical recommendations for integrating nicotine replacement into prenatal care. ..
- Methodological Research on Substance UseHeping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Assessing Fertility Potential in Pediatric Cancer SurvivorsClarisa Gracia; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROLE OF THE CELL CYCLE IN HYPERSENSITIVITY TO ESTRADIOLRichard Santen; Fiscal Year: 2008..A clinical trial in women, which is designed to specifically demonstrate that high dose estrogen induces tumor regression through the mechanism of apoptosis will be conducted. ..
- Short-term course in human embryonic stem cell culture techniquesJoseph Itskovitz Eldor; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, this guiding program will further encourage the distribution and research based on hESC. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Natl Phys Coop to Preserve Fertility for Female Cancer PatientsR Chang; Fiscal Year: 2008..Restoration of fertility and other ovarian functions would substantially improve the quality of life for these women. ..