Genomes and Genes
Summary: Therapeutic act or process that initiates a response to a complete or partial remission level.
Publications273 found, 100 shown here
- Treating rheumatoid arthritis to target: recommendations of an international task forceJosef S Smolen
Department of Internal Medicine 3, Division of Rheumatology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, Vienna, Austria
Ann Rheum Dis 69:631-7. 2010..Aiming at therapeutic targets has reduced the risk of organ failure in many diseases such as diabetes or hypertension. Such targets have not been defined for rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Revised recommendations of the International Working Group for Diagnosis, Standardization of Response Criteria, Treatment Outcomes, and Reporting Standards for Therapeutic Trials in Acute Myeloid LeukemiaBruce D Cheson
Department of Hematology Oncology, Georgetown University, Lombardi Cancer Center, 3800 Reservoir Rd, NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:4642-9. 2003..Storage of viable blasts for correlative studies is important for future progress in the therapy of these disorders...
- Treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemiaChing Hon Pui
Department of Hematology and Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
N Engl J Med 354:166-78. 2006
- American College of Rheumatology/European League against Rheumatism provisional definition of remission in rheumatoid arthritis for clinical trialsDavid T Felson
Correspondence to Maarten Boers, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, VU University Medical Center, PK 6Z 165, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 70:404-13. 2011..This work was undertaken to develop such a definition...
- Causes and prognostic factors of remission induction failure in patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia treated with all-trans retinoic acid and idarubicinJavier de la Serna
Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Blood 111:3395-402. 2008..These data furnish clinically relevant information that might be useful for designing more appropriately risk-adapted treatment protocols aimed at reducing the considerable problem of induction mortality in APL...
- The Simplified Disease Activity Index (SDAI) and the Clinical Disease Activity Index (CDAI): a review of their usefulness and validity in rheumatoid arthritisD Aletaha
Department of Rheumatology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Clin Exp Rheumatol 23:S100-8. 2005....
- American College of Rheumatology/European League Against Rheumatism provisional definition of remission in rheumatoid arthritis for clinical trialsDavid T Felson
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Arthritis Rheum 63:573-86. 2011..This work was undertaken to develop such a definition...
- Pretreatment cytogenetic abnormalities are predictive of induction success, cumulative incidence of relapse, and overall survival in adult patients with de novo acute myeloid leukemia: results from Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB 8461)John C Byrd
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210 1240, USA
Blood 100:4325-36. 2002....
- Maintaining remission of ulcerative colitis with the probiotic Escherichia coli Nissle 1917 is as effective as with standard mesalazineW Kruis
Evangelisches Krankenhaus Kalk, University of Cologne, Germany
Gut 53:1617-23. 2004..We compared the efficacy in maintaining remission of the probiotic preparation Escherichia coli Nissle 1917 and established therapy with mesalazine in patients with ulcerative colitis...
- Bortezomib with thalidomide plus dexamethasone compared with thalidomide plus dexamethasone as induction therapy before, and consolidation therapy after, double autologous stem-cell transplantation in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: a randomised phase 3Michele Cavo
Istituto di Ematologia Seragnoli, Universita degli Studi di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Lancet 376:2075-85. 2010....
- Bupropion-SR, sertraline, or venlafaxine-XR after failure of SSRIs for depressionA John Rush
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9086, USA
N Engl J Med 354:1231-42. 2006..After unsuccessful treatment for depression with a selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), it is not known whether switching to one antidepressant is more effective than switching to another...
- Implementation of a treat-to-target strategy in very early rheumatoid arthritis: results of the Dutch Rheumatoid Arthritis Monitoring remission induction cohort studyMarloes Vermeer
Arthritis Center Twente, Department of Psychology, Health and Technology, Faculty of Behavioural Sciences, University of Twente and Medisch Spectrum Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 63:2865-72. 2011..The objective of this study was to develop, implement, and evaluate a treat-to-target strategy aimed at achieving remission in very early RA in daily clinical practice...
- Tonsillectomy and steroid pulse therapy significantly impact on clinical remission in patients with IgA nephropathyO Hotta
Department of Nephrology, Sendai Shakaihoken Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Am J Kidney Dis 38:736-43. 2001..These findings indicate that interventions aimed at achieving clinical remission have provided encouraging results applicable to managing patients with IgA nephropathy...
- Frequency of major molecular responses to imatinib or interferon alfa plus cytarabine in newly diagnosed chronic myeloid leukemiaTim P Hughes
Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, SA, Australia
N Engl J Med 349:1423-32. 2003..We measured levels of BCR-ABL transcripts in the blood of all patients in this trial who had a complete cytogenetic remission...
- A review of activity indices and efficacy end points for clinical trials of medical therapy in adults with ulcerative colitisGeert D'Haens
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Gastroenterology 132:763-86. 2007
- Time to achieve remission determines time to be in remissionLydia G Schipper
Department of Rheumatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Geert Grooteplein 8, Nijmegen, 6500 HB, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R97. 2010..The aim was to study the association between time-to-remission and sustainability of remission in a cohort of early RA patients treated according to daily practice...
- Treatment of intestinal Behçet's syndrome with chimeric tumour necrosis factor alpha antibodyS P Travis
Gastroenterology Unit, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth PL6 8DH, UK
Gut 49:725-8. 2001..Infliximab could have a role for inducing remission in Behçet's syndrome...
- Reporting disease activity in clinical trials of patients with rheumatoid arthritis: EULAR/ACR collaborative recommendationsD Aletaha
Division of Rheumatology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1360-4. 2008..To make recommendations on how to report disease activity in clinical trials of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) endorsed by the European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) and the American College of Rheumatology (ACR)...
- Rituximab for remission induction and maintenance in refractory granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's): ten-year experience at a single centerRodrigo Cartin-Ceba
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:3770-8. 2012....
- Superior outcomes associated with complete response in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma patients treated with nonintensive therapy: analysis of the phase 3 VISTA study of bortezomib plus melphalan-prednisone versus melphalan-prednisoneJean Luc Harousseau
Centre Rene Gauducheau, Nantes St Herblain, France
Blood 116:3743-50. 2010..These results highlight that CR is an important treatment goal and support prolonged VMP therapy to achieve maximal response. This study is registered at http://www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00111319...
- Delay to institution of therapy and induction of remission using single-drug or combination-disease-modifying antirheumatic drug therapy in early rheumatoid arthritisTimo Möttönen
Department of Medicine, Turku University Central Hospital, Turku, Finland
Arthritis Rheum 46:894-8. 2002....
- Depth of response assessed by quantitative ASO-PCR predicts the outcome after stem cell transplantation in multiple myelomaMervi Putkonen
Department of Medicine, Turku University Central Hospital, Vaasa, Finland
Eur J Haematol 85:416-23. 2010..19 months; P = 0.003) and suggestively also for overall survival. We conclude that not only CR but also its depth is important for the long-term outcome in MM...
- Single-agent arsenic trioxide in the treatment of newly diagnosed acute promyelocytic leukemia: durable remissions with minimal toxicityVikram Mathews
Department of Haematology, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore 632004, India
Blood 107:2627-32. 2006..The toxicity profile, in the majority, was mild and reversible. After remission induction, this regimen was administered on an outpatient basis...
- Association with joint damage and physical functioning of nine composite indices and the 2011 ACR/EULAR remission criteria in rheumatoid arthritisN B Klarenbeek
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 70:1815-21. 2011....
- High-risk cytogenetics and persistent minimal residual disease by multiparameter flow cytometry predict unsustained complete response after autologous stem cell transplantation in multiple myelomaBruno Paiva
Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Spain
Blood 119:687-91. 2012..0; P = .005) were the only independent factors that predicted unsustained CR. Thus, these 2 parameters may help to identify patients in CR at risk of early progression after HDT/ASCT in whom novel treatments should be investigated...
- Anxiety- rather than depression-like behavior is associated with adult neurogenesis in a female mouse model of higher trait anxiety- and comorbid depression-like behaviorA Sah
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Institute of Pharmacy and Centre for Molecular Biosciences Innsbruck, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Transl Psychiatry 2:e171. 2012..Finally, rather than to higher depression-related behavior, neurogenesis seems to be linked to pathological anxiety...
- Favorable outcome of patients with acute myeloid leukemia harboring a low-allelic burden FLT3-ITD mutation and concomitant NPM1 mutation: relevance to post-remission therapyMarta Pratcorona
Hematology Department, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona, Spain
Blood 121:2734-8. 2013..In conclusion, effect of FLT3 burden is modulated by NPM1 mutation, especially in patients with a low ratio...
- Dose intensification of daunorubicin and cytarabine during treatment of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results of Cancer and Leukemia Group B Study 19802Wendy Stock
University of Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cancer 119:90-8. 2013....
- The Stop Arthritis Very Early (SAVE) trial, an international multicentre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial on glucocorticoids in very early arthritisKlaus P Machold
Medical University of Vienna, Vienna A 1090, Austria
Ann Rheum Dis 69:495-502. 2010....
- Rituximab maintenance treatment of relapsed/resistant follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: long-term outcome of the EORTC 20981 phase III randomized intergroup studyMarinus H J van Oers
Department of Hematology, F4 224, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 28:2853-8. 2010..Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer phase III trial EORTC 20981 on the role of rituximab in remission induction and maintenance treatment of relapsed/resistant follicular lymphoma (FL)...
- Discontinuation of infliximab after attaining low disease activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: RRR (remission induction by Remicade in RA) studyY Tanaka
The First Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Japan, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Kitakyushu 807 8555 Japan
Ann Rheum Dis 69:1286-91. 2010..Discontinuation of TNF inhibitors after acquisition of low disease activity (LDA) is important for safety and economic reasons...
- Methotrexate withdrawal at 6 vs 12 months in juvenile idiopathic arthritis in remission: a randomized clinical trialDirk Foell
Department of Pediatrics, University of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, D 48149 Muenster, Germany
JAMA 303:1266-73. 2010..Therefore, strategies of tapering therapy and reliable parameters for detecting subclinical inflammation have now become challenging questions...
- Effect of a probiotic preparation (VSL#3) on induction and maintenance of remission in children with ulcerative colitisErasmo Miele
Department of Pediatrics, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 104:437-43. 2009....
- The role of beta-cell function and insulin sensitivity in the remission of type 2 diabetes after gastric bypass surgeryM Nannipieri
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56100 Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E1372-9. 2011..Bariatric surgery can induce remission in a high proportion of severely obese patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- Isolated limb perfusion with high-dose tumor necrosis factor-alpha in combination with interferon-gamma and melphalan for nonresectable extremity soft tissue sarcomas: a multicenter trialA M Eggermont
Department of Surgical Oncology, University Hospital Rotterdam Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 14:2653-65. 1996....
- The relationship between quality of response and clinical benefit for patients treated on the bortezomib arm of the international, randomized, phase 3 APEX trial in relapsed multiple myelomaRuben Niesvizky
Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY 10021, USA
Br J Haematol 143:46-53. 2008..In conclusion, bortezomib had substantial activity in relapsed myeloma patients; CR may be a surrogate marker for significant clinical benefit with bortezomib. MR appeared to be valid as a separate response category in this setting...
- AIDA 0493 protocol for newly diagnosed acute promyelocytic leukemia: very long-term results and role of maintenanceGiuseppe Avvisati
Unità Operativa Complessa di Ematologia e Terapia Cellulare, Università Campus Bio Medico, Roma, Italy
Blood 117:4716-25. 2011..The event-free survival estimate at 12 years was 68.9% (95% confidence interval, 66.4%-71.4%), and no differences in disease-free survival at 12 years were observed among the maintenance arms...
- Long-term impact of delay in assessment of patients with early arthritisMichael P M van der Linden
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 62:3537-46. 2010..Patient characteristics associated with components of delay (by the patient, by the general practitioner [GP], and overall) were assessed...
- Benefit of complete response in multiple myeloma limited to high-risk subgroup identified by gene expression profilingJeffrey Haessler
Cancer Research and Biostatistics, Seattle, Washington, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:7073-9. 2007..To determine whether the clinical benefit of complete remission (CR) may depend on prognostic subgroups of patients with multiple myeloma...
- Remission achieved after 2 years treatment with low-dose prednisolone in addition to disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs in early rheumatoid arthritis is associated with reduced joint destruction still present after 4 years: an open 2-year continuationI Hafstrom
The Rheumatology Unit, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 68:508-13. 2009..To evaluate if remission induced by low-dose prednisolone during the first 2 years of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in the BARFOT glucocorticoid (GC) study had a sustained effect on radiological damage for a total of 4 years...
- Demonstration of low-regulatory CD25High+CD4+ and high-pro-inflammatory CD28-CD4+ T-Cell subsets in patients with ulcerative colitis: modified by selective granulocyte and monocyte adsorption apheresisYoko Yokoyama
Division of Lower Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Hyogo College of Medicine, Hyogo, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 52:2725-31. 2007..Additional studies are warranted, since a low frequency of CD25(High+)CD4(+) (-) and a high frequency of CD28(-)CD4(+) (-) expressing T cells might be a predictor of clinical response to GMA...
- Induction therapy for adults with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results of more than 1500 patients from the international ALL trial: MRC UKALL XII/ECOG E2993Jacob M Rowe
Department of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Rambam Medical Center and Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 31096, Israel
Blood 106:3760-7. 2005..However, the achievement of CR within 4 weeks does not appear to be an independent prognostic factor...
- High dose ara-C in the treatment of newly diagnosed acute promyelocytic leukemia: long-term results of the German AMLCGE Lengfelder
III Medizinische Universitätsklinik Mannheim, Medizinische Fakultät Mannheim der Universität Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, Mannheim, Germany
Leukemia 23:2248-58. 2009..Pretreatment WBC count > or =10 x 10(9)/l count was no relevant prognostic factor for relapse...
- Predictors of long-term outcome in schizophreniaRobin Emsley
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Stellenbosch, Cape Town, South Africa
Curr Opin Psychiatry 21:173-7. 2008..The present review examines recent research into some of these predictors, focusing on insight, duration of untreated psychosis, cognition and early treatment response. It also addresses the need for standard outcome measures...
- ANCA-associated vasculitis: diagnostic and therapeutic strategyShoichi Ozaki
Division of Rheumatology and Allergy, Department of Internal Medicine, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
Allergol Int 56:87-96. 2007..controlled trials (RCT) regarding induction and maintenance of remission of AAV indicated that the rate of remission induction by the standard regimen is approximately 90% in 6 months, that maintenance of remission can be achieved ..
- Interleukin-6 receptor inhibition with tocilizumab and attainment of disease remission in rheumatoid arthritis: the role of acute-phase reactantsJosef S Smolen
Department of Medicine III, Medical University of Vienna and Hietzing Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Arthritis Rheum 63:43-52. 2011..To determine the effects of tocilizumab on rheumatoid arthritis (RA) disease activity and remission assessment, using measures that do or do not comprise acute-phase reactants...
- The mission is remission: health economic consequences of achieving full remission with antidepressant treatment for depressionP Sobocki
Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics, Medical Management Centre, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Clin Pract 60:791-8. 2006..01). We conclude that remission has a substantial health economic impact on patients treated for depression, which further strengthens the importance of aiming for full remission in the treatment of depression...
- Imatinib plus peginterferon alfa-2a in chronic myeloid leukemiaClaude Preudhomme
Laboratoire d Hematologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, and INSERM Unité 837, Lille, France
N Engl J Med 363:2511-21. 2010..However, only a minority of patients treated with imatinib have a complete molecular remission...
- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation for acute myeloid leukemia in first complete remission: systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective clinical trialsJohn Koreth
Division of Hematologic Malignancies, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA 301:2349-61. 2009..Allogeneic SCT, autologous transplantation, and consolidation chemotherapy are considered of equivalent benefit for intermediate-risk AML...
- The prognostic significance of cytokine levels in newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukemia and high-risk myelodysplastic syndromesApostolia Maria Tsimberidou
Department of Investigational Cancer Therapeutics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 113:1605-13. 2008..In the current study, the authors assessed the association between serum levels of various cytokines and clinical outcomes in patients with untreated AML or high-risk MDS...
- Calprotectin is a stronger predictive marker of relapse in ulcerative colitis than in Crohn's diseaseF Costa
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Gut 54:364-8. 2005..The aim of our study was to assess whether the predictive value of faecal calprotectin-a non-invasive marker of intestinal inflammation-for clinical relapse is different in ulcerative colitis (UC) and Crohn's disease (CD)...
- Lenalidomide monotherapy in relapsed or refractory aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphomaPeter H Wiernik
Our Lady of Mercy Cancer Center, New York Medical College, Bronx, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:4952-7. 2008..We report the results of a phase II, single-arm, multicenter trial evaluating the safety and efficacy of lenalidomide oral monotherapy in patients with relapsed or refractory aggressive NHL...
- Past, present, and future directions for defining optimal treatment outcome in depression: remission and beyondMartin B Keller
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI 02906, USA
JAMA 289:3152-60. 2003..Until then, remission should continue to be based on the descriptive and experiential phenomena of symptoms and psychosocial functioning...
- Improved leukemia-free survival after postconsolidation immunotherapy with histamine dihydrochloride and interleukin-2 in acute myeloid leukemia: results of a randomized phase 3 trialMats Brune
Department of Hematology, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Blood 108:88-96. 2006..Side effects were typically mild to moderate. These results indicate that HDC/IL-2 treatment offers an efficacious and tolerable treatment for patients with AML in remission...
- Phase II study of single-agent arsenic trioxide for the front-line therapy of acute promyelocytic leukemiaArdeshir Ghavamzadeh
Hematology, Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplantation Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Kargar Ave, Tehran, Iran
J Clin Oncol 29:2753-7. 2011..Several studies have shown high efficacy of single-agent arsenic trioxide in newly diagnosed APL. However, long-term follow-up results are needed...
- An interval >7 weeks between neoadjuvant therapy and surgery improves pathologic complete response and disease-free survival in patients with locally advanced rectal cancerHagit Tulchinsky
Proctology Unit, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2661-7. 2008....
- Predictors of response to methotrexate in early DMARD naive rheumatoid arthritis: results from the initial open-label phase of the SWEFOT trialSaedis Saevarsdottir
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 70:469-75. 2011..To identify predictors of response to methotrexate (MTX) in early rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Concurrent intensive chemotherapy and imatinib before and after stem cell transplantation in newly diagnosed Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Final results of the CSTIBES02 trialJosep Maria Ribera
Department of Hematology of the Hospitals Institut Català d Oncologia Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
Haematologica 95:87-95. 2010....
- Adjustable gastric banding and conventional therapy for type 2 diabetes: a randomized controlled trialJohn B Dixon
Centre for Obesity Research and Education, Monash University Medical School, The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
JAMA 299:316-23. 2008..Observational studies suggest that surgically induced loss of weight may be effective therapy for type 2 diabetes...
- Functional defect of circulating regulatory CD4+ T cells in patients with Wegener's granulomatosis in remissionWayel H Abdulahad
University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 56:2080-91. 2007..The objective of this study was to test whether the frequency and/or function of Treg cells from WG patients in remission are disturbed...
- Remission and active disease in rheumatoid arthritis: defining criteria for disease activity statesDaniel Aletaha
Department of Rheumatology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Arthritis Rheum 52:2625-36. 2005..We aimed to reevaluate or to define such criteria for the Disease Activity Score in 28 joints (DAS28) and the Simplified Disease Activity Index (SDAI)...
- Influence of pre- and post-transplantation responses on outcome of patients with multiple myeloma: sequential improvement of response and achievement of complete response are associated with longer survivalJuan Jose Lahuerta
Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
J Clin Oncol 26:5775-82. 2008..We evaluated the prognostic influence on event-free survival (EFS) and overall survival (OS) of these responses pre- and post-transplantation in newly diagnosed patients with MM...
- Concomitant radiotherapy and chemotherapy is superior to radiotherapy alone in the treatment of locally advanced anal cancer: results of a phase III randomized trial of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Radiotherapy and GastroH Bartelink
Department of Radiotherapy, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Huis, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 15:2040-9. 1997....
- Tight control in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: efficacy and feasibilityM F Bakker
University Medical Center Utrecht, Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, F02 127, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 66:iii56-60. 2007..Tight control is a treatment strategy tailored to the individual patient with RA, which aims to achieve a predefined level of low disease activity or remission within a certain period of time...
- Once daily high dose probiotic therapy (VSL#3) for maintaining remission in recurrent or refractory pouchitisT Mimura
Departments of Medicine, Surgery, and Pathology, St Mark s Hospital, London, UK
Gut 53:108-14. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of a single daily high dose probiotic preparation (VSL#3) in maintaining antibiotic induced remission, and quality of life (QOL), for one year in such patients...
- HLA-mismatched stem-cell microtransplantation as postremission therapy for acute myeloid leukemia: long-term follow-upMei Guo
Department of Hematology and Transplantation, Affiliated Hospital of the Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Dongdajie 8, Beijing 100071, China
J Clin Oncol 30:4084-90. 2012..Whether HLA-mismatched stem-cell microtransplantation as a novel postremission therapy in these patients will improve survival and avoid graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) is still unknown...
- Treatment of relapsing autoimmune pancreatitis with immunomodulators and rituximab: the Mayo Clinic experiencePhil A Hart
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Gut 62:1607-15. 2013..There is a paucity of data on long-term management of type 1 autoimmune pancreatitis (AIP), a relapsing steroid-responsive disorder...
- Operative versus nonoperative treatment for stage 0 distal rectal cancer following chemoradiation therapy: long-term resultsAngelita Habr-Gama
Colorectal Surgery Division, Department of Gastroenterology, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann Surg 240:711-7; discussion 717-8. 2004..Report overall long-term results of stage 0 rectal cancer following neoadjuvant chemoradiation and compare long-term results between operative and nonoperative treatment...
- Combination of intensive chemotherapy and imatinib can rapidly induce high-quality complete remission for a majority of patients with newly diagnosed BCR-ABL-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemiaMasayuki Towatari
Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466 8550, Japan
Blood 104:3507-12. 2004..All patients except one case of early death (96%) attained complete remission (CR) after a single course of remission induction therapy...
- The tyrphostin agent AG490 prevents and reverses type 1 diabetes in NOD miceAbdoreza Davoodi-Semiromi
Department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e36079. 2012..However, the therapeutic effects of AG490 on the development of T1D are unknown...
- Remission induction comparing infliximab and high-dose intravenous steroid, followed by treat-to-target: a double-blind, randomised, controlled trial in new-onset, treatment-naive, rheumatoid arthritis (the IDEA study)J L Nam
Institute Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Medicine, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, and NIHR Leeds Musculoskeletal Biomedical Research Unit, LTHT, Leeds, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 73:75-85. 2014In disease modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD)-naive early rheumatoid arthritis (RA), to compare the efficacy of methotrexate (MTX) and infliximab (IFX) with MTX and intravenous corticosteroid for remission induction.
- Depression beliefs, treatment preference, and outcomes in a randomized trial for major depressive disorderBoadie W Dunlop
Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, 1256 Briarcliff Road NE, Building A, 3rd Floor, Atlanta, GA 30306, USA
J Psychiatr Res 46:375-81. 2012..Specific preferences for CBT or medication may reflect differing conceptualizations about depressive illness, knowledge of which may enhance treatment retention and efficacy...
- Gastrointestinal metabolic surgery for the treatment of diabetic patients: a multi-institutional international studyWei Jei Lee
Department of Surgery, Min Sheng General Hospital, No 168, Chin Kuo Road, Tauoyan, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Gastrointest Surg 16:45-51; discussion 51-2. 2012..This study aims to describe recent experience with surgical treatment of T2DM in Asian centers...
- Value of ANCA measurements during remission to predict a relapse of ANCA-associated vasculitis--a meta-analysisGunnar Tomasson
Boston University Vasculitis Center, Section of Rheumatology and the Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, 72 East Concord Street, E533, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 51:100-9. 2012..The aim of this study was to explore whether either of the two distinct patterns of ANCA values during remission, a rise in ANCA or persistently positive ANCA, predicted future relapse...
- Prediction of functional impairment and remission in rheumatoid arthritis patients by biochemical variables and genetic polymorphismsAlejandro Balsa
Hospital Universitario La Paz, Paseo de la Castellana, 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Rheumatology (Oxford) 49:458-66. 2010..To develop a model to predict RA outcome based on biochemical variables and single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)...
- Effectiveness and safety of adalimumab in Japanese patients with rheumatoid arthritis: retrospective analyses of data collected during the first year of adalimumab treatment in routine clinical practice (HARMONY study)Tsutomu Takeuchi
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 22:327-38. 2012..ADA therapy is highly effective for reducing disease activity, improving physical function, and limiting radiographic progression. It is generally safe and well tolerated by Japanese RA patients in routine clinical practice...
- Long-term results of melphalan-based isolated limb perfusion with or without low-dose TNF for in-transit melanoma metastasesCarlo Riccardo Rossi
Department of Oncological and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 17:3000-7. 2010....
- Speciation of arsenic trioxide metabolites in blood cells and plasma of a patient with acute promyelocytic leukemiaYuta Yoshino
Department of Clinical Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, 1432 1 Horinouchi, Hachioji, Tokyo, 192 0392, Japan
Anal Bioanal Chem 393:689-97. 2009..of arsenic, the blood samples were collected at various time points from a patient with APL after remission induction therapy and during consolidation therapy...
- Clinical consequences of hyperglycemia during remission induction therapy for pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemiaJ R Roberson
Department of Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Leukemia 23:245-50. 2009..We evaluated the relationship between hyperglycemia during remission induction therapy and clinical outcomes among pediatric patients with ALL...
- Direct comparison of treatment responses, remission rates, and drug adherence in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with adalimumab, etanercept, or infliximab: results from eight years of surveillance of clinical practice in the nationwide Danish Merete Lund Hetland
DANBIO Registry, Copenhagen University Hospital, Department of Rheumatology, Hvidovre, Denmark
Arthritis Rheum 62:22-32. 2010....
- Adult patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia and molecular failure display a poor prognosis and are candidates for stem cell transplantation and targeted therapiesNicola Gökbuget
Department of Internal Medicine II, Hematology and Oncology, Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt, Germany
Blood 120:1868-76. 2012..Molecular response was shown to be highly predictive for outcome and therefore constitutes a relevant study end point. The studies are registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00199056 and NCT00198991...
- Granulocyteaphaeresis in steroid-dependent inflammatory bowel disease: a prospective, open, pilot studyE Domenech
Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Spain
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 20:1347-52. 2004..Uncontrolled studies suggest that granulocyteaphaeresis might be useful in the management of active ulcerative colitis...
- The angioregulatory cytokine network in human acute myeloid leukemia - from leukemogenesis via remission induction to stem cell transplantationHakon Reikvam
Section for Hematology, Department of Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital and Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen
Eur Cytokine Netw 23:140-53. 2012..We shall also discuss the possibility of targeting angioregulatory cytokines as a part of the treatment strategy in leukemia...
- Highly phosphorylated FOXO3A is an adverse prognostic factor in acute myeloid leukemiaSteven M Kornblau
Departments of Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy and Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4095, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:1865-74. 2010..This study evaluated the level of expression and the prognostic relevance of total and phosphorylated FOXO3A protein in AML...
- Circulating markers of vascular injury and angiogenesis in antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitisPaul A Monach
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Arthritis Rheum 63:3988-97. 2011..To identify biomarkers that distinguish between active antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis (AAV) and remission in a manner superior or complementary to established markers of systemic inflammation...
- Performance of the new 2011 ACR/EULAR remission criteria with tocilizumab using the phase IIIb study TAMARA as an example and their comparison with traditional remission criteriaChristof Iking-Konert
Department of Medicine III, Nephrology and Rheumatology, Universitätsklinikum UKE, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 70:1986-90. 2011..6, more stringent criteria may imply the absence of disease activity. The 2011 ACR/EULAR remission criteria provide the newest and most stringent definition of remission...
- Apoptosis induction in peripheral leukemia cells by remission induction treatment in vivo: selective depletion and apoptosis in a CD34+ subpopulation of leukemia cellsK Stahnke
University Children s Hospital, Ulm, Germany
Leukemia 17:2130-9. 2003..analyzed apoptosis induction and activation of apoptosis signaling molecules in patients receiving remission induction treatment for AML and ALL during the initial phase of leukemia cell reduction...
- Phase II study of clofarabine monotherapy in previously untreated older adults with acute myeloid leukemia and unfavorable prognostic factorsHagop M Kantarjian
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:549-55. 2010..This phase II study assessed clofarabine monotherapy in older adults (>or= 60 years of age) with untreated acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and at least one unfavorable baseline prognostic factor...
- High dose probiotic and prebiotic cotherapy for remission induction of active Crohn's diseaseShunji Fujimori
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1199-204. 2007..Clinical trials of probiotic treatment for Crohn's disease (CD) have yielded conflicting results. This study assessed the clinical usefulness of combined probiotic and prebiotic therapy in the treatment of active CD...
- Clinical parameters predicting pathologic tumor response after preoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancerSang Min Yoon
Center for Colorectal Cancer, Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Republic of Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:1167-72. 2007..To identify pretreatment clinical parameters that could predict pathologic tumor response to preoperative chemoradiotherapy (CRT) for rectal cancer...
- GIMEMA AIDA 0493 amended protocol for elderly patients with acute promyelocytic leukaemia. Long-term results and prognostic factorsRoberto Latagliata
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, Universita La Sapienza, Roma, Italy
Br J Haematol 154:564-8. 2011..However, considering the recent availability of effective new agents, a less aggressive approach should be tested in this setting...
- Risk stratification-directed donor lymphocyte infusion could reduce relapse of standard-risk acute leukemia patients after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationChen hua Yan
Peking University People s Hospital, Peking University Institute of Hematology, Beijing Key Laboratory of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, Beijing, Peoples Republic of China
Blood 119:3256-62. 2012..006, OR = 0.436, respectively). These data suggest that risk stratification-directed interventions with modified DLI in patients with standard-risk acute leukemia who are MRD(+) after transplantation may improve transplantation outcomes...
- Induction of complete and molecular remissions in acute myeloid leukemia by Wilms' tumor 1 antigen-targeted dendritic cell vaccinationViggo F Van Tendeloo
University of Antwerp, Faculty of Medicine, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute Vaxinfectio and Center for Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine, Antwerp University Hospital, Antwerp B 2650, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:13824-9. 2010..These data support the further development of vaccination with WT1 mRNA-loaded dendritic cells as a postremission treatment to prevent full relapse in AML patients...
- Clinical differences between early and late remission in depressive patientsMiquel Roca
Institut Universitari d Investigacio en Ciencies de la Salut, University of Balearic Islands, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
J Affect Disord 134:235-41. 2011....
- Treatment of inflammatory bowel disease: a review of medical therapyPatricia L Kozuch
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
World J Gastroenterol 14:354-77. 2008..Infliximab and adalimumab are anti-TNF agents approved in the US and Europe for the treatment of Crohn's disease, and infliximab is also approved for the treatment of UC...
- Remission of rheumatoid arthritis in clinical practice: application of the American College of Rheumatology/European League Against Rheumatism 2011 remission criteriaShadi H Shahouri
Arthritis and Rheumatology Clinics of Kansas and University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita
Arthritis Rheum 63:3204-15. 2011..To describe use of the American College of Rheumatology/European League Against Rheumatism (ACR/EULAR) rheumatoid arthritis (RA) remission criteria in clinical practice...
- Endocrine mechanisms mediating remission of diabetes after gastric bypass surgeryD E Cummings
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 33:S33-40. 2009..Research designed to prioritize these mechanisms and identify potential additional mechanisms promises to help optimize surgical design and might also reveal novel pharmaceutical targets for diabetes treatment...
- Severe hemorrhagic complications during remission induction therapy for acute promyelocytic leukemia: incidence, risk factors, and influence on outcomeMasamitsu Yanada
Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Eur J Haematol 78:213-9. 2007Even after the introduction of all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA), early hemorrhagic death remains a major cause of remission induction failure for acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL).
- Early haemorrhagic morbidity and mortality during remission induction with or without all-trans retinoic acid in acute promyelocytic leukaemiaE Di Bona
Divisione di Ematologia, Ospedale San Bortolo, Vicenza Ematologia, Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, Universita La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Br J Haematol 108:689-95. 2000....
- Normalisation of physical function by infliximab in patients with RA: factors associated with normal physical functionHayato Nagasawa
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, Kawagoe, Japan
Clin Exp Rheumatol 28:365-72. 2010..We conducted a two-year prospective study to identify possible factors associated with normalisation of physical function by infliximab treatment in 125 patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- The graft-versus-leukemia effects of allogeneic cell therapyD L Porter
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Annu Rev Med 50:369-86. 1999....
- DETECTION AND THERAPY OF RESIDUAL LEUKEMIA IN CHILDRENDario Campana; Fiscal Year: 2006..Early detection of residual disease after remission induction may identify patients who will benefit from intensified treatment, which should then boost the proportion ..
- HLA-D Region in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus PathogenesisShu Man Fu; Fiscal Year: 2013..The new knowledge obtained from the proposed experiments challenges the current dogma and will have an impact on our ability to treat patients with active disease and to maintain the patients'quality of life. ..
- Targeting renal inflammatory pathways of SLE nephritis in mouse and manAnne Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using a unique model of remission induction of murine SLE nephritis we have identified two main physiologic pathways are associated disease onset and ..
- Efficacy and safety of novel CD80 IL15 IL15Ra expressing autologous AML vaccinesKARIN L GAENSLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..will elicit potent anti-leukemic responses that will improve relapse-free survival in older patients after remission induction. Mechanisms of resistance to immunotherapy include ineffective presentation of leukemia-specific or -..
- mTOR Inhibition as a Therapeutic Strategy for Acute Myeloid LeukemiaAlexander E Perl; Fiscal Year: 2013..in validating target inhibition nor did it demonstrate an obvious advantage of the combination regimen in remission induction. To refine our approach, we performed a subsequent pilot study in which we tested a novel schedule of ..
- Immunologic targets in Myeloid LeukemiaRichard J Jones; Fiscal Year: 2013..settings where there is measurable evidence of an immune mediated clinical effect;in vaccine associated remission induction in 1) chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and 2) acute myelogenous leukemia (AML)...
- Genotype and phenotype of chemoresistant AMLJames C Mulloy; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, the precise mechanisms whereby these molecular changes impact on remission induction, relapse and long-term survival are unknown for the most part, and within each cytogenetic risk category, ..
- PPAR- GAMMA LIGANDS IN ULCERATIVE COLITISJames Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is expected that in the final 6 months of this project, the investigators will organize a multicenter randomized controlled trial of troglitazone in the treatment of mild to moderate ulcerative colitis. ..
- IMMUNE MECHANISMS IN HUMAN DIABETESMERL CHARLES; Fiscal Year: 1990..Because of the current widespread research use of immunosuppressant drugs for remission induction, less toxic methods would be advantageous...
- Dissecting the protective and pathogenic functions of TNF alpha in SLEWeiqing Huang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our results should allow us to conclude whether the protective and pathogenic effects of TNFa are mediated by different receptors and may help in the design of more selective TNFa blockers for the treatment of SLE. ..
- Clinical Significance of Residual Myeloid LeukemiaDario Campana; Fiscal Year: 2010..A positive MRD finding after remission induction was the most powerful predictor of treatment failure...
- Planing an Early RA Prevention TrialDavid Pisetsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..This aim will establish the infrastructure for the trial and provide all the essential elements to allow enrollment to begin. ..
- Thrombospondin-1 immunoregulation and EAEJose Vega; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Steroid Effects in Pediatric ALL PatientsElizabeth Soliday; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the early post-diagnosis period before remission induction treatment, children's primary caregivers will complete baseline measures of their own psychological ..
- Prognostic implications of Flt3 mutations in AMLSoheil Meshinchi; Fiscal Year: 2004..Flt3 internal tandem duplication, FIt3/ITD and Flt3 point mutations, FIt3/PM) may lead to lower rate of remission induction and increased rate of relapse...
- Multi-site Trial of Azathioprine Dosing in Crohn DiseaseStephen Hanauer; Fiscal Year: 2003..Predictive models will be performed to assess responsiveness based upon initial and inducible TPMT activity and achievable 6-TGN and 6-MMPR metabolite based upon incremental AZA dosing. ..
- Multi-site Trial of Azathioprine Dosing in Crohn DiseaseStephen Hanauer; Fiscal Year: 2004..Predictive models will be performed to assess responsiveness based upon initial and inducible TPMT activity and achievable 6-TGN and 6-MMPR metabolite based upon incremental AZA dosing. ..
- Ovarian Cancer: Strategies for consolidationPaul Sabbatini; Fiscal Year: 2006..Promising strategies will be moved to patients in primary remission (Specific Aim 1) with a current median time to treatment failure of 18-21 months...
- Treatment of Adolescent Suicide Attempters in DallasGraham Emslie; Fiscal Year: 2006..This exemplary protocol stimulated the formation of a collaborative group of 8 RUPP-PI applicants. By creating the protocol, the group forged an ability to work together. ..
- Effects of naltrexone on active Crohn's diseaseJill Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..Durability of response will be evaluated in a 1-month follow-up. This trial is based upon novel innovative preclinical and clinical data and may lead to a larger multi-center trial in the future. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Child Psychiatry Research Education Program (C-PREP)Graham Emslie; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pharmacogenetics of Asparaginase-Induced PancreatitisLewis Silverman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of silencing RNAs for gastrin and CCK on human pancreatic cancerJill Smith; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies are the first step in bridging the results from basic science studies into the clinical realm. If shown to be effective in the animal model, we plan to proceed to treating subjects with pancreatic cancer. ..
- Molecular Classification and Therapy of CNS LymphomasJames Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will perform gene expression profile analysis of these tumors from diagnostic specimens obtained from a frozen tumor bank to identify a set of genes, which can be used to predict outcome. ..
- TREATMENT OF SSRI-RESISTANT DEPRESSION IN ADOLESCENTSGraham Emslie; Fiscal Year: 2006..This site is based in Pittsburgh, which also serves as the Data Coordinating Center for the study [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clinical Activity of 17-AAG in LymphomaAnas Younes; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Aim 3 we will correlate the biologic effects of 17-AAG and clinical response in patients with relapsed MCL, ALCL, and HL. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Geriatric Depression Outcomes: Prognostic FactorsWarren Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..Discussion: These findings will better describe the role of neural connectivity and striatofrontal dysfunction in geriatric depression. ..
- Arsenic Trioxide in Primary Curative APL TherapySteven Gore; Fiscal Year: 2008..Success of this trial will potentially be followed by the testing of regimen against more conventional and more extensive treatment for APL in a Phase III trial. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treatment of Advanced Pancreatic Cancer with Growth Fac*Jill Smith; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract Not Provided ..
- GASTROINTESTINAL PEPTIDES AND PANCREATIC CANCERJill Smith; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies are part of the team's long-term goal to understand the mechanisms involved in the biology of human pancreatic cancer, and contribute to the treatment and early detection of this malignancy. ..
- Treatment of Early Age Mania (TEAM)Graham Emslie; Fiscal Year: 2003..D. (4) University of Texas, Dallas, PI: Graham Emslie, M.D. (5) University of Texas, Galveston, PI: Karen Dineen Wagner, M.D. and (6) Washington University, St. Louis, PI; Joan Luby, M.D. ..
- The Cholecystokinin-C (CCK-C) Receptor for Early Detection of Pancreatic CancerJill P Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies are part of the applicant's long- term goals to understand the mechanisms controlling growth of pancreatic cancer and to diagnose patients in early stage of disease to improve long-term survival. ..
- Vascular Depression: Longitudinal ChangesWarren D Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposal will provide important new data on neuroradiologic and neuropsychological factors contributing to recurrent or chronic depression in older individuals. ..
- Mechanism of combined 'epigenetic therapy' in myeloid malignanciesSteven Gore; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Clinical Research Training InstituteJames George; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is through this near one to one ratio with the trainees that ASH intends to foster and sustain interest in clinical hematologic research and thereby help stimulate the career development of future clinical researchers in hematology. ..
- 2006 Clinical Research Training InstituteJames George; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DNA METHYLTRANSFERASE/HISTONE DEACETYLASE INHIBITIONSteven Gore; Fiscal Year: 2002..This will enable determination of the "molecular response rate" to this therapy and preliminary exploration of correlation between these molecular endpoints and clinical response. ..
- PREVENTION OF SUICIDE IN THE ELDERLYGeorge Alexopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2002..Data will also be collected to document the impact of intervention on patient care, and on physician knowledge, attitudes, and satisfaction and test hypotheses derived from preliminary studies of the three IRCs. ..
- PREVENTION OF GERATRIC DEPRESSIONGeorge Alexopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2003..Accordingly, we are well positioned to meet the challenges inherent in this difficult but important area of research. ..
- OXANDROLONE FOR THE TREATMENT OF MARROW APLASIA IN FANC*FRANKLIN SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Borrelia lipoproteins with the cerebral microcirculationDiego Cadavid; Fiscal Year: 2007..2. Investigate whether Vspl enters BMEC. 3. Determine whether Vspl crosses BMEC barriers. 4. Identify the structural features that mediate the interaction of Vspl with BMEC. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Structural Correlates of Knee PainDavid Felson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- USE OF mTOR INHIBITORS IN B CELL LEUKEMIAStephan Grupp; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will immediately translate to the designs of follow-up studies of these agents. ..
- Depression: The Search for Treatment-Relevant PhenotypesEllen Frank; Fiscal Year: 2009..Signal detection analysis will be used to determine which combination of spectrum assessment scores and other clinical variables describe the profile of patients likely to stabilize or relapse with each of the treatments. ..
- Beta CELL PROGENITORS AND BONE MARROW MICROENVIRONMENTDario Campana; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed studies will further characterize the antileukemic activity of BAY 36-1677 and identify synergistically interacting compounds. ..
- Partners in Health and Housing Prevention Research Cent*C Horsburgh; Fiscal Year: 2008..Abstract not provided ..
- Targeting FLT3 as a Novel Specific Therapy for LeukemiaMark Levis; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A novel set of molecular markers to measure metastatic neuroblastomaNai Kong Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2007..Armed with the tools to collect samples expeditiously and to measure MRD accurately, the paradigm of treating subclinical NB can then be tested in multicenter randomized studies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clofarabine: Cytarabine Activation for Leukemia ResponseStefan Faderl; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- HIPPOCAMPAL FUNCTION DURING CORTICOSTEROID THERAPYE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..Through this award, the Pl will extend his previous research experience by adding new skills and knowledge which will be used for investigations at the interface of neuroscience and clinical research. ..
- CUTANEOUS ONCOLOGYMadeleine Duvic; Fiscal Year: 2004..Young physicians and students who receive advanced training in the proper detection, prevention, and treatment of skin cancers will be a resource and may improve outcomes for patients of the future. ..
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF CTLA41G & ANTI-CD40L IN MURINEAnne Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2004..These findings should help determine optimal regimens for delivery of CTLA4Ig and anti-CD40L to humans and help predict their safety profiles in the autoimmune host. ..
- THERAPY-RELATED LEUKEMIA--CLINICAL/BIOLOGIC PREDICTORSStella Davies; Fiscal Year: 2002..The identification of markers of early progression to t-MDS/AML during or after therapy will also allow modification of therapy and/or the development of treatment with chemopreventive agents such as retinoids. ..
- Stress Reactivity & Protective Factors in SchizophreniaJoseph Ventura; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- LIFESTYLE ACTIVITY FOR WEIGHT MANAGEMENTThomas Wadden; Fiscal Year: 2003..The predicted superiority of lifestyle activity is based on extensive pilot data and, if confirmed, should significantly improve the management of obesity and its associated health complications. ..
- EVOLUTION OF B PRECURSOR LEUKEMIA IN THE EU-RET MOUSEStephan Grupp; Fiscal Year: 2003..He will immunoprecipitate Rfp-Ret from the pro B cell populations of fetal and healthy adult E(-ret mice as well as from leukemias and compare the levels of tyrosine phophorylation of Rfp-Ret and Rfp-Ret-bound proteins. ..
- TREATMENT OF SOCIAL PHOBIA--MEDIATORS AND MODERATORSStefan Hofmann; Fiscal Year: 2002..The main hypothesis is that perceived emotional control will mediate treatment outcome and generality of effectiveness independent of the specific treatment condition. ..
- Cytokine Regulation of Liver Growth Hormone SignalingLee Denson; Fiscal Year: 2004..These findings will have implications for therapeutic strategies to ameliorate acquired GH resistance in diseases complicated by liver inflammation, including chronic cholestatic liver diseases ..
- HELP-SEEKING AND RECOVERY PROCESSES IN PROBLEM DRINKERSJALIE TUCKER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Renewal of the ISA would allow Dr. Tucker to continue her current level of research involvement and development and would relieve her from reliance on short term mechanisms of support. ..
- Bortezomib and Idarubicin in the Treatment of AMLDIANNA HOWARD; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that with this novel treatment regimen we will observe potent anti-leukemic activity and complete clinical remissions. ..
- INDUCTION OF APOPTOSIS BY HIV-1 INFECTED MONOCYTIC CELLSLloyd Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Phase I Clinical Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsFrancis Giles; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Improving AML Therapy outcome by Cholesterol ModulationFrederick Appelbaum; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our data could have broad significance for other less experimentally tractable, statin-sensitive cancers. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Apoptosis in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasiaRuben Mesa; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Accurate Prediction of Acute Myeloid Leukemia RelapseSoheil Meshinchi; Fiscal Year: 2005..With these enhancements and modifications, we believe we will be able to accurately predict relapse in more than 80% of children with AML who achieve remission. ..
- Sexual Dysfunction and Diabetes:Look AHEAD Sub-StudyStephen Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2006..iii) Finally, the proposed sub-study will investigate the relationship between changes in sexual function and quality of life outcomes. ..
- Regulation of Bcl2 Function Via Ceramide-Activated PP2APeter Ruvolo; Fiscal Year: 2006..From these results, it is expected that the development of novel anticancer strategies that target mechanisms regulating Bc12 function will occur...
- BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION AND PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR OBESITYThomas Wadden; Fiscal Year: 2002..If confirmed, the above findings will have important implications for treating obesity in primary care. ..
- DENDRITIC CELL THERAPY OF CHRONIC MYELOGENOUS LEUKEMIAMark Litzow; Fiscal Year: 2003..The combined data will provide a comprehensive understanding of the interaction of the immune system and CML and will yield information required for the rational design of more effective clinical protocols in the future. ..
- MINORITY BASED COMMUNITY CLINICAL ONCOLOGY PROGRAMPeter Wiernik; Fiscal Year: 2006..Efforts in screening and prevention intervention will be facilitated through the Community Outreach program and Community Council. ..
- TRIPTORELIN FOR OVARY PROTECTION IN CHILDHOOD LIPUSHermine Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- FUSION GENES IN LEUKEMIA--DETERMINING SIGNIFICANCEMignon Loh; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..