Genomes and Genes
Summary: Administration of the total dose of radiation (RADIATION DOSAGE) in parts, at timed intervals.
Publications308 found, 100 shown here
- Monotherapeutic high-dose-rate brachytherapy for prostate cancer: five-year results of an extreme hypofractionation regimen with 54 Gy in nine fractionsYasuo Yoshioka
Department of Radiation Oncology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 80:469-75. 2011..To evaluate an extreme hypofractionation regimen with 54 Gy in nine fractions provided by high-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy as monotherapy for prostate cancer by reporting 5-year clinical results...
- Long-term outcomes from a prospective trial of stereotactic body radiotherapy for low-risk prostate cancerChristopher R King
Departments of Radiation Oncology, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:877-82. 2012..The results of a prospective trial of stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for prostate cancer with long-term patient-reported toxicity and tumor control rates are presented...
- The radiobiology of prostate cancer including new aspects of fractionated radiotherapyJack F Fowler
Emeritus of Medical School of Wisconsin University, Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
Acta Oncol 44:265-76. 2005..Monotherapy by brachytherapy for low-risk cancer prostate using two to four fractions in a few days can give even higher biological effects on the tumors...
- Multi-institutional phase I/II trial of stereotactic body radiation therapy for lung metastasesKyle E Rusthoven
University of Colorado Denver, Department of Radiation Oncology and Medical Oncology, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1579-84. 2009..To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of high-dose stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) for the treatment of patients with one to three lung metastases...
- Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (HypoFXSRT) for stage I non-small cell lung cancer: updated results of 257 patients in a Japanese multi-institutional studyHiroshi Onishi
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Yamanashi University, Shimokato, Chuo City, Yamanashi, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 2:S94-100. 2007..We retrospectively analyzed the treatment outcome of HypoFXSRT for stage I non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treated in a Japanese multi-institutional study...
- Hypofractionated intensity-modulated radiotherapy (70 Gy at 2.5 Gy per fraction) for localized prostate cancer: Cleveland Clinic experiencePatrick A Kupelian
Department of Radiation Oncology, M D Anderson Cancer Center Orlando, Orlando, FL 32806, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:1424-30. 2007..To study the outcomes in patients treated for localized prostate cancer with 70 Gy delivered at 2.5-Gy/fraction within 5 weeks...
- Long-term results of hypofractionated radiation therapy for breast cancerTimothy J Whelan
McMaster University and Juravinski Cancer Centre, Hamilton, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 362:513-20. 2010..The optimal fractionation schedule for whole-breast irradiation after breast-conserving surgery is unknown...
- Multi-institutional phase I/II trial of stereotactic body radiation therapy for liver metastasesKyle E Rusthoven
University of Colorado Denver, Department of Radiation Oncology, Pathology, and Medical Oncology, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1572-8. 2009..To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of high-dose stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) for the treatment of patients with one to three hepatic metastases...
- Acute and late toxicity in a randomized trial of conventional versus hypofractionated three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy for prostate cancerGiorgio Arcangeli
Department of Radiation Oncology, Regina Elena National Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 79:1013-21. 2011..To compare the toxicity between hypofractionation vs. conventional fractionation schedules in patients with high-risk prostate cancer...
- Intrafractional motion of the prostate during hypofractionated radiotherapyYaoqin Xie
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5847, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 72:236-46. 2008..To report the characteristics of prostate motion as tracked by the stereoscopic X-ray images of the implanted fiducials during hypofractionated radiotherapy with CyberKnife...
- Planning target margin calculations for prostate radiotherapy based on intrafraction and interfraction motion using four localization methodsChris Beltran
Department of Radiation Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:289-95. 2008....
- Dose-fractionation sensitivity of prostate cancer deduced from radiotherapy outcomes of 5,969 patients in seven international institutional datasets: α/β = 1.4 (0.9-2.2) GyRaymond Miralbell
University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:e17-24. 2012There are reports of a high sensitivity of prostate cancer to radiotherapy dose fractionation, and this has prompted several trials of hypofractionation schedules...
- Radiotherapy plus cetuximab for locoregionally advanced head and neck cancer: 5-year survival data from a phase 3 randomised trial, and relation between cetuximab-induced rash and survivalJames A Bonner
University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL, USA
Lancet Oncol 11:21-8. 2010..Here we report the 5-year survival data, and investigate the relation between cetuximab-induced rash and survival...
- Virtual HDR CyberKnife treatment for localized prostatic carcinoma: dosimetry comparison with HDR brachytherapy and preliminary clinical observationsDonald B Fuller
Radiosurgery Medical Group, Inc, San Diego CyberKnife Center, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:1588-97. 2008..We also report early clinical observations of CK SBRT treatment...
- High-dose radiation improved local tumor control and overall survival in patients with inoperable/unresectable non-small-cell lung cancer: long-term results of a radiation dose escalation studyFeng Ming Kong
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:324-33. 2005..To determine whether high-dose radiation leads to improved outcomes in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- A phase I/II radiation dose escalation study with concurrent chemotherapy for patients with inoperable stages I to III non-small-cell lung cancer: phase I results of RTOG 0117Jeffrey D Bradley
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:367-72. 2010....
- High-dose-rate monotherapy: safe and effective brachytherapy for patients with localized prostate cancerD Jeffrey Demanes
California Endocurietherapy at UCLA, Department of Radiation Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine of the University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:1286-92. 2011..We report the disease control and toxicity of HDR monotherapy from California Endocurietherapy (CET) and William Beaumont Hospital (WBH) in low- and intermediate-risk prostate cancer patients...
- Sexual function after stereotactic body radiotherapy for prostate cancer: results of a prospective clinical trialEllen A Wiegner
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 78:442-8. 2010..To study the sexual quality of life for prostate cancer patients after stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT)...
- Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy alone without whole-brain irradiation for patients with solitary and oligo brain metastasis using noninvasive fixation of the skullHidefumi Aoyama
Department of Radiology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:793-800. 2003....
- Low-dose hypersensitivity: current status and possible mechanismsM C Joiner
Gray Laboratory Cancer Research Trust, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Middlesex, UK
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 49:379-89. 2001..In this paper, we propose possible mechanisms to explain this phenomenon based on our data accumulated over the last decade and a review of the literature...
- Direct evidence that prostate tumors show high sensitivity to fractionation (low alpha/beta ratio), similar to late-responding normal tissueDavid J Brenner
Center for Radiological Research, Department of Radiation Oncology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:6-13. 2002..A direct approach to the question of whether prostate tumors have an atypically high sensitivity to fractionation (low alpha/beta ratio), more typical of the surrounding late-responding normal tissue...
- Is alpha/beta for prostate tumors really low?J Fowler
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 50:1021-31. 2001..The implications for possibly treating prostatic cancer using fewer and larger fractions are important. In this paper we review updated clinical data and present somewhat different calculations to estimate alpha/beta...
- Sequential vs. concurrent chemoradiation for stage III non-small cell lung cancer: randomized phase III trial RTOG 9410Walter J Curran
Department of Radiation Oncology and Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, 1365C Clifton Rd, NE, Ste C4104, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:1452-60. 2011..However, it is not known whether sequential or concurrent delivery of these therapies is the optimal combination strategy...
- The linear-quadratic model is an appropriate methodology for determining isoeffective doses at large doses per fractionDavid J Brenner
Center for Radiological Research, Columbia University Medical Center, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Semin Radiat Oncol 18:234-9. 2008..To date, there is no evidence of problems when the LQ model has been applied in the clinic...
- High-dose-rate brachytherapy alone for localized prostate cancer in patients at moderate or high risk of biochemical recurrencePeter Hoskin
Cancer Centre, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Middlesex, UK
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:1376-84. 2012..To evaluate genitourinary (GU) and gastrointestinal (GI) morbidity and biochemical control of disease in patients with localized prostate adenocarcinoma treated with escalating doses per fraction of high-dose rate brachytherapy alone...
- Five compared with six fractions per week of conventional radiotherapy of squamous-cell carcinoma of head and neck: DAHANCA 6 and 7 randomised controlled trialJens Overgaard
Department of Experimental Clinical Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Nørrebrogade 44, Building 5, DK 8000 C, Aarhus, Denmark
Lancet 362:933-40. 2003..We aimed to find out whether shortening of treatment time by use of six instead of five radiotherapy fractions per week improves the tumour response in squamous-cell carcinoma...
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy for primary hepatocellular carcinomaDavid L Andolino
Department of Radiation Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:e447-53. 2011..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for the treatment of primary hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy in recurrent hepatocellular carcinomaWen Yen Huang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 84:355-61. 2012..To examine the safety and efficacy of Cyberknife stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) and its effect on survival in patients of recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Phase I study of individualized stereotactic body radiotherapy of liver metastasesMark T Lee
Radiation Medicine Program, Department of Biostatistics and Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 27:1585-91. 2009..To report on the outcomes of a phase I study of stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for treatment of liver metastases...
- 21 years of biologically effective doseJ F Fowler
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Br J Radiol 83:554-68. 2010..BED is now used for dose escalation studies, radiochemotherapy, brachytherapy, high-LET particle beams, radionuclide-targeted therapy, and for quantifying any treatments using ionising radiation...
- Tolerance of organs at risk in small-volume, hypofractionated, image-guided radiotherapy for primary and metastatic lung cancersRikiya Onimaru
Department of Radiology, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:126-35. 2003..To determine the organ at risk and the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of radiation that could be delivered to lung cancer using small-volume, image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT) using hypofractionated, coplanar, and noncoplanar multiple fields...
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) for lung metastasesPaul Okunieff
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Acta Oncol 45:808-17. 2006..Median survival time and progression-free survival both appear better than that achieved with standard care alone. Long-term progression-free survival can be seen in a subset of patients when all tumors are targeted...
- Radiobiological evaluation of the radiation dose as used in high-precision radiotherapy: effect of prolonged delivery time and applicability of the linear-quadratic modelYuta Shibamoto
Department of Radiology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
J Radiat Res 53:1-9. 2012..For normal tissue responses, improved models have been proposed, but, for in vivo tumor responses, the currently available models are not satisfactory, and better ones should be proposed in future studies...
- The UK Standardisation of Breast Radiotherapy (START) Trial B of radiotherapy hypofractionation for treatment of early breast cancer: a randomised trialS M Bentzen
Lancet 371:1098-107. 2008..0 Gy in terms of local-regional tumour control, normal tissue responses, quality of life, and economic consequences in women prescribed post-operative radiotherapy...
- Preliminary results of radiation dose escalation for locally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinomaDora L W Kwong
Department of Clinical Oncology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:374-81. 2006..To study the safety and efficacy of dose escalation in tumor for locally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- A challenge to traditional radiation oncologyJack F Fowler
Department of Human Oncology, Medical School of the University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:1241-56. 2004....
- Extending the linear-quadratic model for large fraction doses pertinent to stereotactic radiotherapyM Guerrero
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Phys Med Biol 49:4825-35. 2004..This work indicates that the standard LQ model can lead to erroneous results when used to calculate iso-effects with large fraction doses, such as those used for ESR. We present a solution to this problem...
- Acute toxicity after cyberknife-delivered hypofractionated radiotherapy for treatment of prostate cancerNatasa C Townsend
Department of Radiation Oncology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 34:6-10. 2011..To evaluate acute toxicity outcomes of prostate cancer patients treated with CyberKnife-delivered hypofractionated radiotherapy...
- Validation of the RTOG recursive partitioning analysis (RPA) classification for brain metastasesL E Gaspar
University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, CO, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 47:1001-6. 2000..An analysis of RTOG 91-04, a randomized study comparing two dose-fractionation schemes with a comparison to the established RTOG database, was considered important to validate the RPA classes...
- Twice-daily compared with once-daily thoracic radiotherapy in limited small-cell lung cancer treated concurrently with cisplatin and etoposideA T Turrisi
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
N Engl J Med 340:265-71. 1999..Twice-daily accelerated thoracic radiotherapy has potential advantages over once-daily radiotherapy...
- Stereotactic hypofractionated accurate radiotherapy of the prostate (SHARP), 33.5 Gy in five fractions for localized disease: first clinical trial resultsBerit L Madsen
Section of Radiation Oncology, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 67:1099-105. 2007..To evaluate the feasibility and toxicity of stereotactic hypofractionated accurate radiotherapy (SHARP) for localized prostate cancer...
- Universal survival curve and single fraction equivalent dose: useful tools in understanding potency of ablative radiotherapyClint Park
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9183, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:847-52. 2008....
- The UK Standardisation of Breast Radiotherapy (START) Trial A of radiotherapy hypofractionation for treatment of early breast cancer: a randomised trialS M Bentzen
Lancet Oncol 9:331-41. 2008..We tested two dose levels of a 13-fraction schedule against the standard regimen with the aim of measuring the sensitivity of normal and malignant tissues to fraction size...
- The linear-quadratic model is inappropriate to model high dose per fraction effects in radiosurgeryJohn P Kirkpatrick
Department of Radiation Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Semin Radiat Oncol 18:240-3. 2008....
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy for localized prostate cancer: interim results of a prospective phase II clinical trialChristopher R King
Department of Radiation Oncology, Division of Urologic Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 73:1043-8. 2009..The radiobiology of prostate cancer favors a hypofractionated dose regimen. We report results of a prospective Phase II clinical trial of stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for localized prostate cancer...
- Radiation-induced rib fractures after hypofractionated stereotactic body radiation therapy of non-small cell lung cancer: a dose- and volume-response analysisNiclas Pettersson
Department of Radiophysics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden
Radiother Oncol 91:360-8. 2009..The aim of this study is to analyse the dose-response and the volume-response of radiation-induced rib fractures after hypofractionated stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)...
- Fractionation for whole breast irradiation: an American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) evidence-based guidelineBenjamin D Smith
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:59-68. 2011..However, it remains controversial whether these results apply to all subgroups of patients. We therefore developed an evidence-based guideline to provide direction for clinical practice...
- Escalated dose for non-small-cell lung cancer with accelerated hypofractionated three-dimensional conformal radiation therapyPierre Thirion
Department of Radiation Oncology, St Luke s Hospital, Highfield Road, Dublin 4, Ireland
Radiother Oncol 71:163-6. 2004..To prospectively assess the feasibility and efficacy of a hypofractionated accelerated radiotherapy regimen (72 Gy in 24 daily fractions, 3 Gy per fraction) in patients (pts) with non-resectable non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Palliation of metastatic bone pain: single fraction versus multifraction radiotherapy--a systematic review of randomised trialsW M Sze
Departament of Clinical Oncology, Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, PR China
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 15:345-52. 2003..However, the re-treatment rate and pathological fracture rate were higher after single fraction radiotherapy. Studies with quality of life and health economic end points are warranted to find out the optimal treatment option...
- Accelerated hypofractionated intensity-modulated radiotherapy with concurrent and adjuvant temozolomide for patients with glioblastoma multiforme: a safety and efficacy analysisValerie Panet-Raymond
Department of Oncology, Division of Radiation Oncology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 73:473-8. 2009..In an attempt to improve results, we have begun a program of accelerated hypofractionated intensity-modulated radiotherapy (hypo-IMRT) with concomitant and adjuvant temozolomide (TMZ)...
- High-dose-rate prostate brachytherapy: an excellent accelerated-hypofractionated treatment for favorable prostate cancerAlvaro A Martinez
Department of Radiation Oncology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 33:481-8. 2010..The 5-year experience at William Beaumont Hospital (WBH) and the California Endocurietherapy Center (CET) with accelerated-hypofractionated high-dose-rate (HDR) monotherapy in favorable prostate cancer is presented...
- Combination external beam radiotherapy and high-dose-rate intracavitary brachytherapy for uterine cervical cancer: analysis of dose and fractionation scheduleTakafumi Toita
Department of Radiology, University of the Ryukyus School of Medicine, Okinawa, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:1344-53. 2003..To determine an appropriate dose and fractionation schedule for a combination of external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) and high-dose-rate intracavitary brachytherapy (HDR-ICBT) for uterine cervical cancer...
- Mechanistic formulation of a lineal-quadratic-linear (LQL) model: split-dose experiments and exponentially decaying sourcesMariana Guerrero
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, 21201, USA
Med Phys 37:4173-81. 2010..This model provides a comprehensive description of radiation response for arbitrary dose rate and fractionation with only one additional parameter...
- A phase II trial of accelerated hypofractionated three-dimensional conformal radiation therapy in locally advanced non-small cell lung cancerZheng Fei Zhu
Department of Radiation Oncology, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center, Fudan University, 270 Dong An Road, Shanghai, China
Radiother Oncol 98:304-8. 2011..The aim of this study is to evaluate the safety and efficacy of accelerated hypofractionated radiotherapy (HypoRT) combined with sequential chemotherapy in locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Short-course intensity-modulated radiotherapy (70 GY at 2.5 GY per fraction) for localized prostate cancer: preliminary results on late toxicity and quality of lifeP A Kupelian
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 51:988-93. 2001..To present our preliminary observations on the late toxicity and quality of life (QOL) of patients treated with short-course intensity-modulated radiotherapy (SCIM-RT)...
- GEC/ESTRO-EAU recommendations on temporary brachytherapy using stepping sources for localised prostate cancerGyorgy Kovacs
Interdisciplinary Brachytherapy Centre, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein Campus Kiel, Arnold Heller Str 9, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
Radiother Oncol 74:137-48. 2005..Experts in prostate brachytherapy developed these recommendations on behalf of the GEC/ESTRO and of the EAU. The paper has been approved by both GEC/ESTRO steering committee members and EAU committee members...
- New radiotherapy and chemoradiotherapy approaches for non-small-cell lung cancerJoseph K Salama
Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:1029-38. 2013..As modern radiotherapy techniques have been shown to improve outcomes of some patients with limited metastatic disease, investigations are ongoing regarding how to optimally integrate them with standard chemotherapy platforms...
- Dosimetry and preliminary acute toxicity in the first 100 men treated for prostate cancer on a randomized hypofractionation dose escalation trialAlan Pollack
Department of Radiation Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:518-26. 2006..The dosimetry and acute toxicity are described in the first 100 men enrolled in a randomized trial...
- Adaptive-predictive organ localization using cone-beam computed tomography for improved accuracy in external beam radiotherapy for bladder cancerSusan Lalondrelle
Academic Urology Unit, Department of Radiotherapy, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Sutton, UK
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 79:705-12. 2011..To examine patterns of bladder wall motion during high-dose hypofractionated bladder radiotherapy and to validate a novel adaptive planning method, A-POLO, to prevent subsequent geographic miss...
- Two-year results from a Swedish study on conventional versus accelerated radiotherapy in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma--the ARTSCAN studyBjörn Zackrisson
Umea University Hospital, Sweden
Radiother Oncol 100:41-8. 2011..In 1998 a national Swedish group decided to perform a randomised controlled clinical study of AF...
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy for primary lung cancer at a dose of 50 Gy total in five fractions to the periphery of the planning target volume calculated using a superposition algorithmAtsuya Takeda
Department of Radiology, Ofuna Chuo Hospital, Kamakura, Japan Department of Radiology, Tokyo Metropolitan Hiroo General Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 73:442-8. 2009..To retrospectively analyze the clinical outcomes of stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for patients with Stages 1A and 1B non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Hypofractionation for prostate cancerMark Ritter
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
Cancer J 15:1-6. 2009..With hypofractionation's significant potential for therapeutic gain, cost savings, and improved patient convenience, the future management of localized prostate cancer could be profoundly altered in the process...
- Radiation therapy in the management of childhood brain tumorsJ L Habrand
Department of Radiation Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Childs Nerv Syst 17:121-33. 2001....
- A modified Phase I trial of radiation dose escalation in 3D conformal radiation therapy with concurrent vinorelbine and carboplatin chemotherapy for non-small-cell lung cancerQiang Lin
Department of Oncology, Hebei Medical University North China Petroleum Bureau General Hospital, 8 Huizhan Avenue, Renqiu 062552, Hebei, China
J Radiat Res 54:126-34. 2013..A further evaluation of this regimen in a prospective Phase II trial is ongoing...
- Feasibility and acute toxicity of hypofractionated radiation in large-breasted patientsPaige L Dorn
Department of Radiation and Cellular Oncology, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:79-83. 2012....
- Results of a phase I dose-escalation study using single-fraction stereotactic radiotherapy for lung tumorsQuynh Thu Le
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:802-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to report initial results of a phase I study using single-fraction stereotactic radiotherapy (RT) in patients with inoperable lung tumors...
- Effectiveness of brachytherapy and fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy boost for persistent nasopharyngeal carcinomaTsz Kok Yau
Department of Clinical Oncology, Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital, 3 Lok Man Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong
Head Neck 26:1024-30. 2004..We compared the effectiveness of brachytherapy and a fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (SRT) boost in improving tumor control...
- Modelling of post-irradiation accelerated repopulation in squamous cell carcinomasL Marcu
School of Chemistry and Physics, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Phys Med Biol 49:3767-79. 2004..A more significant contribution was provided through the multiplication of surviving tumour stem cells during radiotherapy, by reducing their cell cycle time, and due to loss of asymmetry of stem cell division...
- Efficient Monte Carlo modelling of individual tumour cell propagation for hypoxic head and neck cancerW Tuckwell
School of Chemistry and Physics, University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Phys Med Biol 53:4489-507. 2008....
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy and gemcitabine for locally advanced pancreatic cancerAnand Mahadevan
Department of Radiation Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 78:735-42. 2010..We explored the safety and effectiveness of a 3-day course of hypofractionated stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) followed by gemcitabine in this population...
- Early outcomes from three prospective trials of image-guided proton therapy for prostate cancerNancy P Mendenhall
University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute, Jacksonville, FL 32206, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:213-21. 2012..To report early outcomes with image-guided proton therapy for prostate cancer...
- Daily image guidance with cone-beam computed tomography for head-and-neck cancer intensity-modulated radiotherapy: a prospective studyRobert B Den
Department of Radiation Oncology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19107 5097, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 76:1353-9. 2010....
- Phase II trial of hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy for brain metastases: results and toxicityAntje Ernst-Stecken
Department of Radiation Therapy and Novalis Shaped Beam Surgery Center, University of Erlangen, Germany
Radiother Oncol 81:18-24. 2006..To prospectively evaluate efficacy and side effects of hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (hfSRT) for irresectable brain metastases not amenable to radiosurgery (SRS)...
- Monte Carlo radiotherapy simulations of accelerated repopulation and reoxygenation for hypoxic head and neck cancerW M Harriss-Phillips
Department of Medical Physics, Royal Adelaide Hospital Cancer Centre, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Br J Radiol 84:903-18. 2011..The model was designed to simulate individual cell division up to 10(8) cells, while incorporating radiobiological effects, including accelerated repopulation and reoxygenation during treatment...
- Adaptive replanning strategies accounting for shrinkage in head and neck IMRTQiuwen Wu
Department of Radiation Oncology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:924-32. 2009..The purposes of this study were (1) to evaluate the differences between planned and delivered dose, (2) to investigate margins required for anatomic changes, and (3) to find optimal replanning strategies...
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for abdominal targets using volumetric intensity modulated arc therapy with RapidArc: feasibility and clinical preliminary resultsMarta Scorsetti
IRCCS Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano Milano, Italy
Acta Oncol 50:528-38. 2011..To report early clinical experience in stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) delivered using volumetric intensity modulated arc therapy with RapidArc (RA) in patients with primary or metastatic tumours at abdominal sites...
- Patterns of failure in patients receiving definitive and postoperative IMRT for head-and-neck cancerK S Clifford Chao
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, MO, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:312-21. 2003..To analyze the patterns of locoregional failure in patients with head-and-neck cancer treated with inverse planning intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)...
- Prognostic factors in stereotactic body radiotherapy for non-small-cell lung cancerYukinori Matsuo
Department of Radiation Oncology and Image Applied Therapy, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 79:1104-11. 2011..To investigate the factors that influence clinical outcomes after stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Effects of proton radiation dose, dose rate and dose fractionation on hematopoietic cells in miceJ H Ware
Department of Radiation Oncology, Division of Oncology Research, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6072, USA
Radiat Res 174:325-30. 2010....
- Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy for the treatment of brain metastasesAlexander K Kwon
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cooper University Hospital, Camden, New Jersey, USA
Cancer 115:890-8. 2009..This retrospective review evaluated the efficacy and toxicity profiles of various dose fractionations using hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (HSRT) in the treatment of brain metastases...
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy for medically inoperable lung cancer: prospective, single-center study of 108 consecutive patientsMojgan Taremi
Radiation Medicine Program, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:967-73. 2012..To present the results of stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for medically inoperable patients with Stage I non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and contrast outcomes in patients with and without a pathologic diagnosis...
- Critical appraisal of volumetric modulated arc therapy in stereotactic body radiation therapy for metastases to abdominal lymph nodesMario Bignardi
Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Radiation Oncology, Rozzano, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:1570-7. 2009....
- Combined proton and photon conformal radiotherapy for intracranial atypical and malignant meningiomaChristos Boskos
Institut Curie, Centre de protonthérapie d Orsay, Campus Universitaire, Orsay, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:399-406. 2009..To evaluate retrospectively the efficacy of conformal fractionated radiotherapy combining proton and photon beams after primary surgery for treatment of atypical and malignant meningiomas...
- Altered fractionation in radiotherapy: from radiobiological rationale to therapeutic gainLoredana G Marcu
University of Oradea, Faculty of Science, Romania
Cancer Treat Rev 36:606-14. 2010....
- Post mastectomy adjuvant radiotherapy in breast cancer: a comparision of three hypofractionated protocolsAbubaker Shahid
Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Oncology INMOL, Wahdat Road, Lahore, Pakistan
J Pak Med Assoc 59:282-7. 2009..To compare three hypofractionated protocols in postmastectomy cancinoma breast in terms of local control, toxicity and work load...
- An overview of hypofractionation and introduction to this issue of seminars in radiation oncologyRobert D Timmerman
Semin Radiat Oncol 18:215-22. 2008
- Fractionated proton beam irradiation of pituitary adenomasBrian B Ronson
Department of Radiation Medicine, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:425-34. 2006..Various radiation techniques and modalities have been used to treat pituitary adenomas. This report details our experience with proton treatment of these tumors...
- Anaplastic thyroid carcinoma: three protocols combining doxorubicin, hyperfractionated radiotherapy and surgeryJ Tennvall
Department of Oncology, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Br J Cancer 86:1848-53. 2002..017). In the 40 patients undergoing additional surgery, no signs of local recurrence were seen in 5 out of 9 patients, 11 out of 14 patients and 17 out of 17 patients, respectively (P=0.005)...
- The role of fractionated radiotherapy and radiosurgery in the management of patients with craniopharyngiomaG Minniti
Department of Radiotherapy Oncology, Sant Andrea Hospital, University La Sapienza, Via di Grottarossa 1035, 00189, Rome, Italy
Neurosurg Rev 32:125-32; discussion 132. 2009..Longer follow-up is necessary to confirm the excellent tumor control and the potential reduction of long-term radiation toxicity...
- Use of normal tissue complication probability models in the clinicLawrence B Marks
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 76:S10-9. 2010..A summary of organ-specific dose/volume/outcome data, based on the QUANTEC reviews, is included...
- Interobserver variability of clinical target volume delineation of glandular breast tissue and of boost volume in tangential breast irradiationHenk Struikmans
Department of Radiotherapy, University Medical Centre, Ultrecht, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 76:293-9. 2005..To determine the interobserver variability of clinical target volume delineation of glandular breast tissue and of boost volume in tangential breast irradiation...
- Phase II trial of hypofractionated image-guided intensity-modulated radiotherapy for localized prostate adenocarcinomaJarad M Martin
Department of Radiation Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:1084-9. 2007..To assess in a prospective trial the feasibility and late toxicity of hypofractionated radiotherapy (RT) for prostate cancer...
- Delayed radiation-induced myelopathy after spinal radiosurgeryIris C Gibbs
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305 5847, USA
Neurosurgery 64:A67-72. 2009..We report a case series of 6 patients treated with radiosurgery who developed delayed myelopathy...
- Results of radiotherapy for T2N0 glottic carcinoma: does the "2" stand for twice-daily treatment?Adam S Garden
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:322-8. 2003..This retrospective study updated the results of RT for patients treated at our center. The primary focus of this study was whether a policy of using hyperfractionated RT for these patients resulted in a therapeutic gain...
- Treatment of nasopharyngeal carcinoma using intensity-modulated radiotherapy-the national cancer centre singapore experienceIvan Weng Keong Tham
Department of Radiation Oncology, National Cancer Centre, Singapore
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:1481-6. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine the efficacy and acute toxicity of our early experience with treating nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) patients with intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)...
- Improved tumor targeting of radiolabeled RGD peptides using rapid dose fractionationMarcel Janssen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Medical Center Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 19:399-404. 2004..These studies aimed to investigate whether tumor targeting and tumor therapy could be optimized by dose fractionation. The RGD-peptide DOTA-E-[c(RGDfK)]2 was labeled with 111In for biodistribution experiments and with 90Y for ..
- Accelerated treatment of breast cancerF A Vicini
Department of Radiation Oncology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:1993-2001. 2001..The goals of the study were to determine whether treatment time can be reduced and whether elective treatment of the entire breast is necessary...
- What hypofractionated protocols should be tested for prostate cancer?Jack F Fowler
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:1093-104. 2003..We analyze here possible high-gain/low-risk hypofractionated protocols for prostate cancer to test this suggestion...
- Normal tissue toxicity after small field hypofractionated stereotactic body radiationMichael T Milano
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Radiat Oncol 3:36. 2008..While clinical data has shown SBRT to be safe in most circumstances, more data is needed to refine the ideal dose-volume metrics...
- Safety and efficacy of bevacizumab with hypofractionated stereotactic irradiation for recurrent malignant gliomasPhilip H Gutin
Department of Neurosurgery, The Brain Tumor Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:156-63. 2009..The objectives of this study were to determine the safety and activity of this combination in malignant gliomas...
- Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy using intensity-modulated radiotherapy in patients with one or two brain metastasesAshwatha Narayana
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 85:82-7. 2007....
- Co-Delivery of Antifungal Agents: Toxicity and Efficacy in Invasive CandidiasisGlen S Kwon; Fiscal Year: 2013..for established and novel combinations of antifungal agents are ill-defined in terms of dose selection, dose fractionation, predictive PD index (PDI), and post-antibiotic effect (PAE) in relation to treatment efficacy and host ..
- Blood-Brain Barrier Disruption in Blast NeurotraumaAMANDA DAWN GAUDREAU-BALDERRAMA; Fiscal Year: 2013..Insights gained from this work will stimulate further development of MIMS technology for biomedical research and accelerate translational development of urgently needed diagnostics and therapeutics for blast-related TBI and CTE. ..
- Rescuing radiation-induced cognitive deficits through cranial transplantation ofCharles Limoli; Fiscal Year: 2013..following Specific Aims: 1) determine if the effectiveness of stem cell transplantation depends on dose or dose fractionation, 2) determine the optimal post-irradiation transplantation time for restoration of impaired cognition, 3) ..
- Rhenium-188 therapy of NIS-expressing breast tumorsEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2003..We also hypothesize that the combination of dose fractionation/normal organ protection will increase 188-Re tumodcidal effect while decreasing the radiation dose to normal ..
- HYPERTHERMIA AND PERFUSION EFFECTS IN CANCER THERAPYMark Dewhirst; Fiscal Year: 2009..Project 4 will examine the relationship between thermal dose fractionation, tumor physiologic change and treatment outcome in dogs with spontaneous soft tissue sarcomas treated with ..
- TRANSFORMATION IN VITRO WITH SPLIT DOSES OF RADIATIONRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 1980..Recently developed methods of in vitro oncogenic transformation are being used to investigate the effect of dose fractionation and variations in dose-rate, both for x-rays and for cyclotron produced neutrons...
- RADIATION INDUCED HEPATIC INJURYJoseph Geraci; Fiscal Year: 1991..Radiation dose fractionation studies will be performed to measure time dependent recovery processes (e.g...
- MODULATION OF COLON CARCINOGENESIS BY CHLOROPHYLLINRoderick Dashwood; Fiscal Year: 2000..Finally, several intermediate biomarkers associated with the post-initiation phase of colon carcinogenesis will be examined to provide insight into the possible mechanisms of tumor promotion by CHL. ..
- EXPERIMENTAL RADIOTHERAPY - CELLULAR RESPONSES IN VIVOAmato Giaccia; Fiscal Year: 1993..and by cytotoxic drugs; determine microcolony abortion probabilities; determine whether the mode of X-ray dose fractionation affects growth kinetics of surviving clonogenic tumor cells; and provide data on the kinetics of cell death ..
- EFFECTS OF HYPERFRACTIONATED RADIATION ON BONE GROWTHPatricia Eifel; Fiscal Year: 1990..Development and application of morphometric techniques to determine radiation dose-response relationships in this complex system may provide a useful tool for the analysis of radiation-induced normal tissue damage in general...
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON TIME/DOSE/FRACTIONATIONBhudatt Paliwal; Fiscal Year: 1992..The relevance of the above to clinical procedures will be emphasized. Evening workshops will provide tutorials in the basics, as well as providing a forum for discussion and identification of issues needing further investigation...
- RESPONSE OF BRAIN TO RADIATIONWilliam McBride; Fiscal Year: 1991..They are particularly inadequate for predicting how the brain will respond to dose fractionation in particular at doses of less than or equal to 2 Gy...
- RESPONSE OF SPINAL CORD TO LOW RADIATION DOSESH Withers; Fiscal Year: 1991The radiation dose response characteristics of the spinal cord will be investigated for dose fractionation regimens using fractional doses between 1 and 4 Gy...
- GROWTH PLATE CELLULAR FUNCTION FOLLOWING RADIOTHERAPYTimothy Damron; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- TUMOR OXYGENATION, VASCULARIZATION, AND RADIORESPONSEBruce Fenton; Fiscal Year: 2009..These results with lead to the more rational and optimal design of effective combined therapies, thereby ultimately accelerating their implementation into clinical protocols. ..
- Defining Molecular Markers for Tumor HypoxiaQUYNH THU XUAN LE; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- RADIOLOGICAL RESEARCH ACCELERATOR FACILITY (RARAF)David Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- High Stability Accelerator for Sub-Cellular MicrobeamDavid Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have considerably more demand for microbeam time than we can cope with, primarily because of limited physicist manpower. ..
- MONTE CARLO DOSIMETRY FOR INTRAVASCULAR BRACHYTHERAPYX Li; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Laser acceleration of protons for radiation therapyDale Litzenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research will conduct the first critical step in determining if the cost can be dramatically reduced through the use of new acceleration technology. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cancer Risks Attributable To Radiation from Pediatric CTDavid Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2006..The target audiences will be radiologists, pediatricians, family physicians, and the CT industry. We will use telephone interviews supplemented with survey questions, to aid in web content decisions. ..
- Biomarkers of Prostate Cancer Radiation OutcomeMark Ritter; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Hypofractionated IMRT for Localized Prostate CancerMark Ritter; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- IMRT in the Treatment of Node-Positive Breast CancerLori Pierce; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Study 60 patients treated with either the best delivery-optimized motion corrected plan from Aim 2 or PWTF and compare plans using heart and lung metrics. ..
- Gulf Coast MBCCOPPaul Schwarzenberger; Fiscal Year: 2007..Genesis of the MBCCOP at MIMC was associated with increased accrual to NCI supported research over previous years. ..
- Temporal Variation of Organ Dose Distribution in RTDi Yan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Explore practical methods to include temporal variation of organ dose distribution, estimated from image feedback, in treatment planning optimization. ..
- Rescue of radiation-induced salivary gland dysfunction by AktKIRSTEN LIMESAND; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Spectral-Encoding for Video-Rate Hemodynamic TomographyBrian Pogue; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Dose-Volume Modeling of Late Rectal and Bladder ToxicitySusan Tucker; Fiscal Year: 2007..We expect the results of our analyses to play an important role in furthering the development of conformal techniques in RT of the prostate and other pelvic sites. ..
- Functional Infrared Imaging Predicts Radiation MucositisEzra Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such a tool would have wide applicability in this patient population and would have tremendous impact on their treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PHASE I TRIALS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- 9/10TH Conf./Cancer Therapy/Antibody/ImmunoconjugatesDavid Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..The conference chairman, Dr. Goldenberg, has secured two outstanding scientists as co-chairmen, Drs. Ralph Reisfeld (Scripps) and Edward Sausville (NCI). ..
- Damage signaling from irradiated to non-irradiated cellsEDOUARD AZZAM; Fiscal Year: 2004..They are also relevant to diagnostic and therapeutic nuclear medicine where radionuclides are being investigated to detect various diseases and treat cancer. ..
- Beta glucan enhances antibody therapy for neuroblastomaNai Kong Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2003..These findings will have general implications for antibody and vaccine strategies in human cancer models, and the role of polysaccharides as complementary/herbal medicine in immune-based therapies. ..
- AT: ERRORS IN DOUBLE STRAND BREAK REPAIRSimon Powell; Fiscal Year: 2003..Functional analysis will address the relationship between the NBS- containing protein complex and ATM in a DNA damage response pathway. ..
- Suppression of Salivary Gland Apoptosis by AKtKIRSTEN LIMESAND; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide greater insight to the understanding of this tissue and potentially provide clinical treatment of cancer-induced apoptosis in salivary glands. ..
- GENETIC INFLUENCE ON MUTAGEN SENSITIVITY--A TWIN STUDYXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, these potential biomarkers may ultimately be used to identify individuals who should be targeted for more intense screening programs or behavior modification interventions. ..
- Cytokines in radiation lung injuryARTHUR BLACKSTOCK; Fiscal Year: 2003..Even further, understanding the temporal expression of MIP-1alpha during thoracic radiation may allow the future utilization of anticytokine reagents, e.g. antibodies, receptor and synthesis blockers during treatment. ..
- CMMI Human Subject Research Enhancement ProgramDavid Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..3.) Provide travel expenses and educational materials for IRB members, investigators, and Regulatory Affairs Office personnel to attend meetings for educational enhancement. ..
- SUPERHEATED DROP DETECTORS FOR DOSIMETRY IN RADIOTHERAPYRavinder Nath; Fiscal Year: 2001..The research plan will attempt to exploit the many unique features of the SEC, namely its reusability, high sensitivity and LET discrimination. ..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF HEREDITARY MACROTHROMBOCYTOPENIASMichael Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2002..When the causative gene is identified, biochemical and physiological analysis will be pursued including development of a murine model of the disease. ..
- DNA Recombinational Repair: Role of the p53 Tumor Suppressor ProteinSimon N Powell; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- PRE-CLINICAL STUDIES OF SPINAL-CORD INJURY REPAIRNurit Kalderon; Fiscal Year: 2004..g., dose protocol) at which repair is facilitated. Analysis of repair is conducted using magnetic resonance imaging of the lesion site at the cord, quantitative histologic and electrophysiologic methods and behavioral methods. ..
- HIGH ENERGY IONS AND GENOMIC INSTABILITYEric Hall; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- 4D Visible Human Modeling for Radiation DosimetryXie George Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..4).To establish an internet-based information-sharing resource on virtual-human motion simulation and radiation dosimetry. ..
- Deformable image registration and reconstruction for radiotherapy applicationsMartin J Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2010..The third aim of the project is to develop measurement and validation procedures to assess the accuracy and reliability of these novel image registration and reconstruction techniques. ..
- Quantifying Human Lung Tissue Dose Response RelationshipWALTER O DELL; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our proposal includes graded lung irradiation experiments in animal models to validate and link our imaging results to prior knowledge of cellular and tissue radiobiology. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The grant will also allow for continuation of meritorious pilot protocols and will allow GCC to monitor and collect data which will produce mutual benefit to the GCC and CALGB. ..
- Use of Radiation in Stage IV Non-Small Cell Lung CancerJames Hayman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Lastly, we plan to examine whether the frequency and intensity of the administration of treatment with palliative radiation in this patient population has changed over time. ..
- SUPERHEATED DROP DETECTORS FOR DOSIMETRY IN RADIOTHERAPYRavinder Nath; Fiscal Year: 2005..A Petri-dish-like micro SEC will be developed for the determination of doses at the interface of high Z materials and tissues with capability of measuring doses averaged over layers of about 10 pm thickness. ..
- Electromagnetic Tracking of Tumors for RadiotherapyMartin Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2006..The augmented Calypso targeting system will be designed for integration into existing radiation therapy systems to provide enhanced beam targeting capability. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CARDINAL BERNARDIN CANCER CENTER, LOYOLA UNIVERSITYPatrick Stiff; Fiscal Year: 2002..At the completion of this grant, the Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center plans to be positioned to successfully apply for a P-30 Cancer Center Support Grant. ..
- Virtual Patients for Computing Radiation DosesXie Xu; Fiscal Year: 2007..These two cores then support four parallel clinical projects. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A novel set of molecular markers to measure metastatic neuroblastomaNai Kong Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2007..Armed with the tools to collect samples expeditiously and to measure MRD accurately, the paradigm of treating subclinical NB can then be tested in multicenter randomized studies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Yeast Gene Ontology by Phenotypic ProfilingJohn Brown; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- 11th & 12th Conference on Cancer Therapy with Antibodies and ImmunoconjugatesDavid Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Measurement of Hypoxia in Non Small Cell Lung CarcinomaMichael Kelley; Fiscal Year: 2003..We believe the data from this pilot study will be useful to design future study(ies) with clinical endpoints and to guide selection of subjects for novel hypoxia-directed therapies in patients with NSCLC...
- RELEVANCE OF GENOMIC ALTERATIONS IN COLORECTAL CANCERWalter Curran; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work will enhance our understanding of the complex events in the MMR-pathway and also provide new diagnostic and prognostic methodologies to test in colorectal tumors. ..
- EXPERIMENTAL RADIOTHERAPY--BASIS AND MODIFICATIONJohn Brown; Fiscal Year: 2002..To test this hypothesis we will employ inhibitors of the topo II catalytic cycle as well as cells induced to express high levels of topo II following TPZ treatment ..
- Digital tomosynthesis: a new paradigm for radiation treatment verificationFang Fang Yin; Fiscal Year: 2008..This more frequent and broader range of application will translate into more consistent elimination of tumor and into less damage to nearby healthy tissue. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Image-guided radiation therapy of prostate cancerQiuwen Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..The adoption of image guidance will allow significantly increased local control and reduced radiation induced complications in prostate cancer patients. ..