Genomes and Genes
Summary: The exposure of the head to roentgen rays or other forms of radioactivity for therapeutic or preventive purposes.
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- Neurocognition in patients with brain metastases treated with radiosurgery or radiosurgery plus whole-brain irradiation: a randomised controlled trialEric L Chang
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Lancet Oncol 10:1037-44. 2009..We proposed that the learning and memory functions of patients who undergo SRS plus WBRT are worse than those of patients who undergo SRS alone. We did a randomised controlled trial to test our prediction...
- Stereotactic radiosurgery plus whole-brain radiation therapy vs stereotactic radiosurgery alone for treatment of brain metastases: a randomized controlled trialHidefumi Aoyama
Departments of Radiology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
JAMA 295:2483-91. 2006..In patients with brain metastases, it is unclear whether adding up-front whole-brain radiation therapy (WBRT) to stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) has beneficial effects on mortality or neurologic function compared with SRS alone...
- Prophylactic cranial irradiation in extensive small-cell lung cancerBen Slotman
Department of Radiation Oncology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 357:664-72. 2007We conducted a randomized trial of prophylactic cranial irradiation in patients with extensive small-cell lung cancer who had had a response to chemotherapy.
- A practical technique to avoid the hippocampus in prophylactic cranial irradiation for lung cancerZdenko van Kesteren
Department of Radiation Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 102:225-7. 2012A practical technique is presented to deliver hippocampus avoiding prophylactic cranial irradiation for lung cancer patients, using two lateral fields. For a prescribed dose of 12×2.5 Gy, sparing of the hippocampi to 6...
- Radiosurgery for patients with brain metastases: a multi-institutional analysis, stratified by the RTOG recursive partitioning analysis methodS N Sanghavi
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 51:426-34. 2001..CONCLUSION: In the absence of randomized data, these results suggest that RS may improve survival in patients with BM. The improvement in survival does not appear to be restricted by class for well-selected patients...
- Cranial irradiation alters the behaviorally induced immediate-early gene arc (activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein)Susanna Rosi
Brain and Spinal Injury Center, Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
Cancer Res 68:9763-70. 2008..These findings are the first to show that local brain irradiation initiates changes in hippocampal neurons that disrupt the activity patterns (Arc expression) associated with neuroplasticity and memory...
- Neurocognitive outcome in brain metastases patients treated with accelerated-fractionation vs. accelerated-hyperfractionated radiotherapy: an analysis from Radiation Therapy Oncology Group Study 91-04W F Regine
University of Kentucky, Department of Radiation, Lexington, KY, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 51:711-7. 2001..accelerated hyperfractionated (AH) whole-brain radiation therapy (WBRT)...
- A multi-institutional review of radiosurgery alone vs. radiosurgery with whole brain radiotherapy as the initial management of brain metastasesPenny K Sneed
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0226, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 53:519-26. 2002..Data collected from 10 institutions were reviewed to compare survival probabilities of patients with newly diagnosed brain metastases managed initially with radiosurgery (RS) alone vs. RS + whole brain radiotherapy (WBRT)...
- The American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO) evidence-based review of the role of radiosurgery for brain metastasesMinesh P Mehta
The American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, Fairfax, VA 22033, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:37-46. 2005..To systematically review the evidence for the use of stereotactic radiosurgery in adult patients with brain metastases...
- Early compared with late radiotherapy in combined modality treatment for limited disease small-cell lung cancer: a London Lung Cancer Group multicenter randomized clinical trial and meta-analysisStephen G Spiro
University College Hospitals Trust, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 24:3823-30. 2006..To replicate an earlier National Cancer Institute of Canada (NCIC) trial that examined the effect on survival of the timing of thoracic radiotherapy (TRT) in patients with limited disease small-cell lung cancer (SCLC)...
- Prophylactic cranial irradiation in small-cell lung cancer: findings from a North Central Cancer Treatment Group Pooled AnalysisS E Schild
Department of Radiation Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, USA
Ann Oncol 23:2919-24. 2012This pooled analysis evaluated the outcomes of prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) in 739 small-cell lung cancer (SCLC patients with stable disease (SD) or better following chemotherapy ± thoracic radiation therapy (TRT) to examine ..
- Phase I trial of simultaneous in-field boost with helical tomotherapy for patients with one to three brain metastasesGeorge Rodrigues
Department of Oncology, University of Western Ontario and London Regional Cancer Program, London Health Sciences Centre, London, ON, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 80:1128-33. 2011..The present study's objective was to determine the maximally tolerated dose of a simultaneous in-field boost integrated with whole brain radiotherapy for palliative treatment of patients with one to three brain metastases using HT...
- Why avoid the hippocampus? A comprehensive reviewVinai Gondi
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Radiother Oncol 97:370-6. 2010..of the rationale for using modern IMRT techniques to spare the subgranular zone of the hippocampus during cranial irradiation. We review the literature on neurocognitive effects of cranial irradiation; discuss clinical and ..
- Estimated risk of perihippocampal disease progression after hippocampal avoidance during whole-brain radiotherapy: safety profile for RTOG 0933Vinai Gondi
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Radiother Oncol 95:327-31. 2010..By quantifying baseline incidence of perihippocampal or hippocampal metastasis, we sought to estimate the risk of developing metastases in the hippocampal avoidance region (the hippocampus plus 5mm margin)...
- Outcome, quality of life and cognitive function of patients with brain metastases from non-small cell lung cancer treated with whole brain radiotherapy combined with gefitinib or temozolomide. A randomised phase II trial of the Swiss Group for Clinical CaGianfranco A Pesce
Istituto Oncologico della Svizzera Italiana, Bellinzona, Switzerland
Eur J Cancer 48:377-84. 2012..Patients with brain metastases (BM) rarely survive longer than 6months and are commonly excluded from clinical trials. We explored two combined modality regimens with novel agents with single agent activity and radiosensitizing properties...
- Phase III trial of prophylactic cranial irradiation compared with observation in patients with locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: neurocognitive and quality-of-life analysisAlexander Sun
Princess Margaret Hospital University Health Network, University of Toronto, 610 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5G 2M9
J Clin Oncol 29:279-86. 2011There are scant data regarding the effects of prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) on neurocognitive function (NCF) and quality of life (QOL)...
- Lithium treatment prevents neurocognitive deficit resulting from cranial irradiationEugenia M Yazlovitskaya
Department of Radiation Oncology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 5671, USA
Cancer Res 66:11179-86. 2006Curative cancer treatment regimens often require cranial irradiation, resulting in lifelong neurocognitive deficiency in cancer survivors...
- Management of brain metastases: the indispensable role of surgeryGeorge Al-Shamy
Department of Neurosurgery, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Neurooncol 92:275-82. 2009..Achieving the best outcome in treatment of brain metastasis requires the judicious and complementary use of surgical resection along with modalities such as whole-brain radiation therapy and stereotactic radiosurgery...
- Stereotactic radiosurgery with or without whole brain radiotherapy for patients with a single radioresistant brain metastasisJames W Clarke
Department of Radiation Medicine, The Ohio State University Arthur G James Cancer Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 33:70-4. 2010..To examine the outcomes of patients with a single brain metastasis from radioresistant histologies (renal cell carcinoma and melanoma) treated with stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) with or without whole brain radiotherapy (WBRT)...
- Neurocognitive function of patients with brain metastasis who received either whole brain radiotherapy plus stereotactic radiosurgery or radiosurgery aloneHidefumi Aoyama
Department of Radiology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:1388-95. 2007..To determine how the omission of whole brain radiotherapy (WBRT) affects the neurocognitive function of patients with one to four brain metastases who have been treated with stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)...
- Late-occurring stroke among long-term survivors of childhood leukemia and brain tumors: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor StudyDaniel C Bowers
Department of Pediatrics, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX 75390 9063, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:5277-82. 2006..This report examines the incidence of and risk factors for strokes that occur in > or = 5-year survivors of childhood leukemia and brain tumors...
- Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy for brain metastases--results from three different dose conceptsAntje Fahrig
Department of Radiation Therapy and Novalis Shaped Beam Surgery Center of the University of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 183:625-30. 2007..To evaluate efficacy and toxicity of hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (hfSRT) with three different dose concepts for irresectable brain metastases not amenable to radiosurgery (SRS) using non-invasive fixation of the skull...
- Cranial irradiation compromises neuronal architecture in the hippocampusVipan Kumar Parihar
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 2695, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:12822-7. 2013b>Cranial irradiation is used routinely for the treatment of nearly all brain tumors, but may lead to progressive and debilitating impairments of cognitive function...
- Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy in combination with whole brain radiotherapy for brain metastasesCesare Giubilei
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Tor Vergata University General Hospital, 00133, Rome, Italy
J Neurooncol 91:207-12. 2009..The efficacy and toxicity of hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (HSRT) in combination with whole brain radiotherapy (WBRT), for the treatment of 1-4 brain metastases, using a non invasive fixation of the skull, was investigated...
- Reduction of adult height in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia survivors after prophylactic cranial irradiationM E J Bongers
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Oncology, University of Groningen University Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands
Pediatr Blood Cancer 45:139-43. 2005Impaired linear growth is a well-recognized complication in long-term childhood ALL survivors who received cranial irradiation. However, as many patients achieve a final height between the 5th and the 95th centile, the true incidence of ..
- Prevention and treatment of the consequences of head and neck radiotherapyA Vissink
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital, PO Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Crit Rev Oral Biol Med 14:213-25. 2003..In this review, the various possibilities for prevention and/or treatment of radiation-induced changes in healthy oral tissues and their consequences are discussed...
- Evaluation of the use of prophylactic cranial irradiation in small cell lung cancerShilpen Patel
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 6043, USA
Cancer 115:842-50. 2009Prophylactic cranial irradiation has been used in patients with small cell lung cancer to reduce the incidence of brain metastasis after primary therapy...
- High-resolution in-vivo analysis of normal brain response to cranial irradiationKelly Burrell
Brain Tumor Research Centre, SickKids Research Institute, Toronto, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e38366. 2012..However, despite recognized therapeutic success, significant negative consequences are associated with cranial irradiation (CR), which manifests months to years post-RT...
- Hypofractionated frameless stereotactic intensity-modulated radiotherapy with whole brain radiotherapy for the treatment of 1-3 brain metastasesBruno De Potter
Department of Radiotherapy, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Neurol Sci 34:647-53. 2013..The 1-year actuarial local and distant brain control was 66 and 75 %, respectively. WBRT + HSRT is an effective treatment for patients with up to three brain metastases...
- CCR2 deficiency prevents neuronal dysfunction and cognitive impairments induced by cranial irradiationKarim Belarbi
Brain and Spinal Injury Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Cancer Res 73:1201-10. 2013b>Cranial irradiation can lead to long-lasting cognitive impairments in patients receiving radiotherapy for the treatment of malignant brain tumors...
- Risk factors for intellectual and educational sequelae of cranial irradiation in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemiaE Smibert
Department of Clinical Haematology and Oncology, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Br J Cancer 73:825-30. 1996Long-term cognitive and educational sequelae have been inconsistently reported in children who received cranial irradiation (CRT) to prevent central nervous system (CNS) disease in acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL)...
- Standard-dose versus higher-dose prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) in patients with limited-stage small-cell lung cancer in complete remission after chemotherapy and thoracic radiotherapy (PCI 99-01, EORTC 22003-08004, RTOG 0212, and IFCT 99-01): a rCécile Le Péchoux
Radiotherapy Department, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Lancet Oncol 10:467-74. 2009The optimum dose of prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) for limited-stage small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) is unknown. A meta-analysis suggested that the incidence of brain metastases might be reduced with higher PCI doses...
- Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy for the treatment of brain metastasesAlexander K Kwon
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cooper University Hospital, Camden, New Jersey, USA
Cancer 115:890-8. 2009..This retrospective review evaluated the efficacy and toxicity profiles of various dose fractionations using hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (HSRT) in the treatment of brain metastases...
- Neurocognitive function in patients with small cell lung cancer : effect of prophylactic cranial irradiationDavid R Grosshans
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 112:589-95. 2008The use of prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) in patients with small cell lung cancer (SCLC) has been tempered by fears of detrimental effects on cognitive function...
- Stereotatic radiosurgery of 468 brain metastases < or =2 cm: implications for SRS dose and whole brain radiation therapyMichael K Shehata
Department of Radiation Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 59:87-93. 2004..On the basis of our institutional experience, the goal of this study was to determine the optimal SRS dose and influence of WBRT on local tumor control among 468 < or =2-cm metastases...
- The role of whole brain radiation therapy for the management of brain metastases in the era of stereotactic radiosurgeryEisuke Abe
Division of Radiation Oncology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 1 757 Asahimachi dori, Chuo Ku, Niigata, 951 8510, Japan
Curr Oncol Rep 14:79-84. 2012..Patients who have solitary BM with the absence of extracranial metastases may be indicated for SRS monotherapy given the lower risk of BTR compared with those having multiple BMs or extracranial metastases...
- Relationship between neurocognitive function and quality of life after whole-brain radiotherapy in patients with brain metastasisJing Li
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 71:64-70. 2008..To examine the relationship between neurocognitive function (NCF) and quality of life (QOL) in patients with brain metastases after whole-brain radiotherapy...
- Outcome of moderately dosed radiosurgery for limited brain metastases. Report of a single-center experienceJohanna Meisner
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical School Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, Hannover, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 186:76-81. 2010..Efficacy and safety of the own single-center experience with moderately dosed radiosurgery (SRS) for limited (one to four) brain metastases were analyzed and correlated with patient- and treatment-related variables...
- Management of nonsinonasal neuroendocrine carcinomas of the head and neckJerry L Barker
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 98:2322-8. 2003..The authors undertook a retrospective study to gain insights into the spectrum of clinicopathologic characteristics, patterns of failure, and optimal management of patients with this disease...
- Microsurgery plus whole brain irradiation versus Gamma Knife surgery alone for treatment of single metastases to the brain: a randomized controlled multicentre phase III trialAlexander Muacevic
Department of Neurosurgery, Ludwig Maximilians University, Klinikum Grosshadern, Munich 81377, Germany
J Neurooncol 87:299-307. 2008..Is Gamma Knife surgery alone as effective as surgery plus whole brain irradiation (WBRT) for patients with a single, small-sized brain metastasis?..
- Prophylactic cranial irradiation in small cell lung cancer: a systematic review of the literature with meta-analysisA P Meert
Service de Medecine, Institut Jules Bordet, Bruxelles, Belgique
BMC Cancer 1:5. 2001A systematic review of the literature was carried out to determine the role of prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) in small cell lung cancer (SCLC).
- Phase III comparison of prophylactic cranial irradiation versus observation in patients with locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: primary analysis of radiation therapy oncology group study RTOG 0214Elizabeth M Gore
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53213, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:272-8. 2011This study was conducted to determine if prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) improves survival in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (LA-NSCLC).
- Improved outcome for children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results of Total Therapy Study XIIIB at St Jude Children's Research HospitalChing Hon Pui
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
Blood 104:2690-6. 2004..b>Cranial irradiation was reserved for the 12% of patients who had T-cell ALL and a presenting leukocyte count of 100 x 10(9)/L ..
- Whole-brain radiotherapy in the management of brain metastasisDeepak Khuntia
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:1295-304. 2006..In this review article, we present the standard treatment approach of whole-brain radiotherapy and discuss new directions, including the role of chemical modifiers and the management and prevention of neurocognitive deficits...
- Cognitive and academic outcome following cranial irradiation and chemotherapy in children: a longitudinal studyV A Anderson
Dept Psychology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Br J Cancer 82:255-62. 2000b>Cranial irradiation therapy (CRT) and chemotherapy are associated with neurobehavioural deficits. Many studies have investigated late effects of these treatments, but few have evaluated changes in abilities over time...
- Height and weight in children treated for acute lymphoblastic leukemia: relationship to CNS treatmentVirginia Kimball Dalton
Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:2953-60. 2003....
- Cranial irradiation alters dendritic spine density and morphology in the hippocampusAyanabha Chakraborti
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e40844. 2012..cellular changes in the hippocampus following brain irradiation, we investigated the effects of 10 Gy cranial irradiation on dendritic spines in young adult mice...
- Reducing toxicity from craniospinal irradiation: using proton beams to treat medulloblastoma in young childrenGrace E Yuh
Department of Radiation Medicine, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, California 92354, USA
Cancer J 10:386-90. 2004..We report on a radiation treatment technique that has reduced the dose to critical normal structures in children with medulloblastoma...
- A randomised phase III study of palliative radiation with concomitant carboplatin for brain metastases from non-small cell carcinoma of the lungMario Guerrieri
Division of Radiation Oncology, Besen Family Department of Radiation, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St Andrews Place, Locked Bag 1, A Beckett Street, East Melbourne, Victoria 8006, Australia
Lung Cancer 46:107-11. 2004..To determine if the addition of carboplatin chemotherapy to whole brain irradiation improves response and survival in patients with brain metastases from non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Small cell lung cancerG Rosti
Medical Oncology, Ravenna, Italy
Ann Oncol 17:ii5-10. 2006..Targeted therapies are undergoing some evaluations, but the data are too premature and so far quite discouraging. At the present time there is a urgent need to improve clinical research in this somehow forgotten disease...
- Unintended effects of cranial irradiation on cognitive functionJacob Raber
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, and Division of Neuroscience, ONPRC, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Toxicol Pathol 38:198-202. 2010..The symposium was held in Washington, DC, in 2009 and dealt with unintended adverse events associated with cranial irradiation as part of cancer therapy...
- Gamma-knife radiosurgery as an optimal treatment modality for brain metastases from epithelial ovarian cancerYoo Kyung Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Gynecol Oncol 108:505-9. 2008....
- Survival by radiation therapy oncology group recursive partitioning analysis class and treatment modality in patients with brain metastases from malignant melanoma: a retrospective studyJeffrey C Buchsbaum
Department of Radiation Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cancer 94:2265-72. 2002....
- Dose escalation of whole-brain radiotherapy for brain metastases from melanomaDirk Rades
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Lubeck, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:537-41. 2010..Hypofractionation regimens failed to improve the outcome of these patients. This study investigates a potential benefit from escalation of the WBRT dose beyond the "standard" regimen 30 Gy in 10 fractions (10x3 Gy)...
- Lead-in phase to randomized trial of motexafin gadolinium and whole-brain radiation for patients with brain metastases: centralized assessment of magnetic resonance imaging, neurocognitive, and neurologic end pointsMinesh P Mehta
Department of Human Oncology, Medical School, University of Wisconsin Madison, K4 334 Clinical Science Center, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:3445-53. 2002....
- Prophylactic cranial irradiation in extensive disease small-cell lung cancer: short-term health-related quality of life and patient reported symptoms: results of an international Phase III randomized controlled trial by the EORTC Radiation Oncology and LuBerend J Slotman
Department of Radiation Oncology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 27:78-84. 2009Prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) in patients with extensive-disease small-cell lung cancer (ED-SCLC) leads to significantly fewer symptomatic brain metastases and improved survival...
- DEGRO Practical Guidelines for palliative radiotherapy of breast cancer patients: brain metastases and leptomeningeal carcinomatosisPetra Feyer
Klinikum Neukölln, Berlin, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 186:63-9. 2010..To provide recommendations for palliative treatment of brain metastases (BM) and leptomeningeal carcinomatosis (LC) in breast cancer patients with specific emphasis on radiooncologic aspects...
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian dysfunction after prepubertal chemotherapy and cranial irradiation for acute leukaemiaL E Bath
Section of Child Life and Health, Department of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, University of Edinburgh, UK
Hum Reprod 16:1838-44. 2001..We assessed adult hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian function following treatment with chemotherapy and cranial irradiation for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia...
- Diagnostic cerebrospinal fluid examination in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: significance of low leukocyte counts with blasts or traumatic lumbar punctureBritta Bürger
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Clin Oncol 21:184-8. 2003..To determine the significance of leukemic blasts or traumatic lumbar puncture (TLP) in diagnostic CSF of children enrolled in the Berlin-Frankfurt-Münster (BFM) Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia-BFM-95 trial...
- Neurocognitive function and progression in patients with brain metastases treated with whole-brain radiation and motexafin gadolinium: results of a randomized phase III trialChristina A Meyers
Department of Neuro Oncology, Unit 431, M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:157-65. 2004....
- Radiotherapeutic management of brain metastases: a systematic review and meta-analysisMay N Tsao
Department of Radiation Oncology, Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ont, Canada M4N 3M5
Cancer Treat Rev 31:256-73. 2005..The management of brain metastases is a significant health care problem. An estimated 20-40% of cancer patients will develop metastatic cancer to the brain during the course of their illness...
- Brain metastases in patients with breast cancer: new horizonsDavid G Kirsch
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 6:115-24. 2005..Given the prevalence of brain metastases in patients with metastatic breast cancer in contemporary series, the rationale for clinical trials of CNS screening and prophylactic cranial irradiation will be discussed.
- Auxological changes in UK survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia treated without cranial irradiationR A L Breene
Department of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, CB2 0QQ, UK
Br J Cancer 104:746-9. 2011..Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia survivors treated historically with protocols including cranial irradiation demonstrate increased weight gain.
- Concurrent chemotherapy and reduced-dose cranial spinal irradiation followed by conformal posterior fossa tumor bed boost for average-risk medulloblastoma: efficacy and patterns of failureJames G Douglas
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 58:1161-4. 2004..To review the efficacy and patterns of failure in average-risk medulloblastoma patients treated with concurrent chemotherapy and reduced-dose cranial spinal irradiation and a conformal tumor bed boost...
- Hypofractionated conformal stereotactic radiotherapy alone or in combination with whole-brain radiotherapy in patients with cerebral metastasesPeter Lindvall
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 61:1460-6. 2005..The aim was to evaluate treatment of cerebral metastases with hypofractionated conformal stereotactic radiotherapy (HCSRT) or whole-brain radiotherapy (WBRT) in combination with a stereotactic boost...
- Patterns of failure after prophylactic cranial irradiation in small-cell lung cancer: analysis of 505 randomized patientsR Arriagada
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Ann Oncol 13:748-54. 2002Prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) has a beneficial effect on overall survival in patients with small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) in complete remission as shown in a worldwide meta-analysis...
- Primary analysis of a phase II randomized trial Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) 0212: impact of different total doses and schedules of prophylactic cranial irradiation on chronic neurotoxicity and quality of life for patients with limited-disease Aaron H Wolfson
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:77-84. 2011To determine the effect of dose and fractionation schedule of prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) on the incidence of chronic neurotoxicity (CNt) and changes in quality of life for selected patients with limited-disease small-cell ..
- Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation in children with relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukemia isolated to the central nervous systemPaul D Harker-Murray
Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:685-92. 2008..These data support the use of allogeneic HCT in the treatment of children with poor prognosis isolated CNS relapse...
- Permanent alopecia after cranial irradiation: dose-response relationshipBrian D Lawenda
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 100 Blossom Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:879-87. 2004To develop a dose-response relationship for the occurrence of permanent alopecia after cranial irradiation and to analyze potential confounding variables that may contribute to this unwanted and often unavoidable complication of treatment.
- Field-in-field technique with intrafractionally modulated junction shifts for craniospinal irradiationSue S Yom
Division of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:1193-8. 2007..To plan craniospinal irradiation with "field-in-field" (FIF) homogenization in combination with daily, intrafractional modulation of the field junctions, to minimize the possibility of spinal cord overdose...
- Insulin resistance and risk factors for cardiovascular disease in young adult survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaKevin C Oeffinger
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3698-704. 2009..To determine the prevalence of insulin resistance and other risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD) in young adult survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)...
- Leptin assessment in acute lymphocytic leukemia survivors: role of cranial radiotherapy?Adriana Aparecida Siviero-Miachon
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP EPM, Brazil
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 29:776-82. 2007..index (BMI) in a sample of 26 acute lymphocytic leukemia survivors of both sexes, treated with and without cranial irradiation, aged 7.6 to 17 years, at a mean 3.4+/-2.0 years off treatment...
- Attentional ability among survivors of leukaemia treated without cranial irradiationJ Rodgers
Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, University of Newcastle, UK
Arch Dis Child 88:147-50. 2003Previous research has indicated that children who have received treatment for leukaemia which includes cranial irradiation exhibit deficits in their ability to focus attention...
- Long-term results of prophylactic cranial irradiation for limited-stage small-cell lung cancer in complete remissionKa Jia Cao
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cancer Centre, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510060, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 118:1258-62. 2005..This study was conducted to evaluate the effects of prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) on survival and brain metastases for patients with limited stage small cell lung cancer in complete ..
- Radiation-induced meningiomas after high-dose cranial irradiationBartosz Godlewski
Department of Neurosurgery and Peripheral Nerves Surgery, WAM University Hospital in Lodz, Medical University in Lodz, 113 Zeromskiego Street, Lodz 90 549, Poland
J Clin Neurosci 19:1627-35. 2012..It is timely to consider RIM due to high dose radiation, which is now frequently employed in the management of various childhood and other malignancies...
- Longitudinal linear growth and final height is impaired in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia survivors after treatment without cranial irradiationEls Vandecruys
Department of Pediatric Hemato Oncology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
J Pediatr 163:268-73. 2013....
- Factors affecting the risk of brain metastasis in small cell lung cancer with surgery: is prophylactic cranial irradiation necessary for stage I-III disease?Linlin Gong
Department of Radiotherapy, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin, China
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 85:196-200. 2013The use of prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) in small cell lung cancer (SCLC) with surgical resection has not been fully identified...
- Local delivery of ferrociphenol lipid nanocapsules followed by external radiotherapy as a synergistic treatment against intracranial 9L glioma xenograftEmilie Allard
Inserm U646, Pôle pharmaceutique, CHU d Angers, Universite d Angers, 49100, Angers, France
Pharm Res 27:56-64. 2010..We tested the hypothesis that the combination of external radiotherapy with Fc-diOH could potentiate the action of this drug...
- Temozolomide in advanced malignant melanoma with small brain metastases: can we withhold cranial irradiation?Willem Boogerd
Department of Neuro Oncology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Cancer 109:306-12. 2007..In this study, the authors evaluated the efficacy of treatment with temozolomide in patients with metastatic melanoma, including small brain metastases, who did not require immediate RT and investigated the feasibility of deferring RT...
- Thirty years of prophylactic cranial irradiation in patients with small cell lung cancer: a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trialsGustavo Arruda Viani
Departamento de Radioterapia e Oncologia, Faculdade de Medicina de Marilia, Marilia, SP, Brazil
J Bras Pneumol 38:372-81. 2012To determine the role of prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) in patients with small cell lung cancer (SCLC).
- Long-term cerebral metabolite changes on proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy in patients cured of acute lymphoblastic leukemia with previous intrathecal methotrexate and cranial irradiation prophylaxisY L Chan
Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Organ Imaging, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 50:759-63. 2001..the long-term brain metabolite changes on (1)H-MRS in acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) patients who had intrathecal methotrexate (ITMTX) and cranial irradiation (CRT) for central nervous system (CNS) prophylaxis against CNS relapse.
- Paternal cranial irradiation induces distant bystander DNA damage in the germline and leads to epigenetic alterations in the offspringJan Tamminga
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Cell Cycle 7:1238-45. 2008..To investigate whether or not the paternal cranial irradiation can exert deleterious changes in the protected germline, we studied the accumulation of DNA damage in the ..
- Whole-brain radiotherapy combined with surgery or stereotactic radiotherapy in patients with brain oligometastases: long-term analysisGiuseppe Roberto D'Agostino
Dept of Radiation Oncology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Strahlenther Onkol 187:421-5. 2011..To verify whether the treatment of brain oligometastases with whole-brain radiotherapy (WBRT) plus stereotactic radiotherapy (SRT) or surgical resection results in different outcomes...
- Prophylactic cranial irradiation revisited: cost-effectiveness and quality of life in small-cell lung cancerT H Patricia Tai
Department of Radiation Oncology, Allan Blair Cancer Center, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:68-74. 2002To investigate the therapeutic usefulness and cost-effectiveness of prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) in patients with limited-stage small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) who had achieved a complete remission.
- A case series of pediatric primary central nervous system lymphoma: favorable outcome without cranial irradiationOussama Abla
Division of Hematology Oncology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pediatr Blood Cancer 47:880-5. 2006..To describe the outcome of childhood primary central nervous system lymphoma (PCNSL) treated with chemotherapy alone or with chemotherapy plus cranial radiotherapy (CRT)...
- Impact of prophylactic cranial irradiation timing on brain relapse rates in patients with stage IIIB non-small-cell lung carcinoma treated with two different chemoradiotherapy regimensErkan Topkan
Baskent University Adana Medical Faculty, Department of Radiation Oncology, Kisla Saglik Yerleskesi, Adana, Turkey
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:1264-71. 2012To retrospectively assess the influence of prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) timing on brain relapse rates in patients treated with two different chemoradiotherapy (CRT) regimens for Stage IIIB non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Growth hormone treatment impact on growth rate and final height of patients who received HSCT with TBI or/and cranial irradiation in childhood: a report from the French Leukaemia Long-Term Follow-Up Study (LEA)F Isfan
CHU Clermont Ferrand, Centre Régional de Cancérologie et Thérapie Cellulaire Pédiatrique, hôpital Estaing, Clermont Ferrand, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 47:684-93. 2012..influence the linear growth in up to 85% of patients undergoing haematopoietic SCT (HSCT) with TBI and/or cranial irradiation (CI) for acute leukaemia (AL)...
- Prophylactic cranial irradiation for preventing brain metastases in patients undergoing radical treatment for non-small-cell lung cancer: a Cochrane ReviewJason Francis Lester
Department of Oncology, Velindre Hospital, Whitchurch, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:690-4. 2005To investigate whether prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) has a role in the management of patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treated with curative intent.
- Prophylactic cranial irradiation in lung cancerPierre Blanchard
Radiation Oncology Department, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Curr Opin Oncol 22:94-101. 2010..Prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) has been proposed in both small-cell lung cancers (SCLCs) and non-SCLCs to reduce the incidence of ..
- Prophylactic cranial irradiation in small cell lung cancerCécile Le Péchoux
Department of Radiotherapy, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif 94805, France
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 18:355-72. 2004
- Clinical neurological outcome and quality of life among patients with limited small-cell cancer treated with two different doses of prophylactic cranial irradiation in the intergroup phase III trial (PCI99-01, EORTC 22003-08004, RTOG 0212 and IFCT 99-01)C Le Pechoux
Radiation Oncology Department, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Ann Oncol 22:1154-63. 2011We recently published the results of the PCI99 randomised trial comparing the effect of a prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) at 25 or 36 Gy on the incidence of brain metastases (BM) in 720 patients with limited small-cell lung cancer ..
- Decision analysis for prophylactic cranial irradiation for patients with small-cell lung cancerJ Jack Lee
Department of Biostatistics and Applied Mathematics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3597-603. 2006Prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) has been shown to provide survival benefit in patients with limited disease small-cell lung cancer (LD-SCLC) who have achieved complete response...
- Therapeutic doses of cranial irradiation induce hippocampus-dependent cognitive deficits in young miceAmulya A Nageswara Rao
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
J Neurooncol 105:191-8. 2011Fractionated cranial irradiation is an essential part of treatment in the management of cohorts of pediatric brain tumor and leukemia patients...
- Secondary intracranial meningiomas after high-dose cranial irradiation: report of five cases and review of the literatureP Strojan
Department of Radiotherapy, Institute of Oncology, Ljubljana
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 48:65-73. 2000To review cases of secondary intracranial meningiomas following high-dose cranial irradiation (>/= 10 Gy) identified in Slovenia between 1968 and 1998, to determine their histological profile and to review the literature on this topic.
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumors in the central nervous system following cranial irradiation: a report of four casesWalter J Hader
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Cancer 97:1072-6. 2003..The authors present four additional cases of PNETs that developed after previous cranial irradiation.
- Radiation induced meningioma with a short latent period following high dose cranial irradiation - case report and literature reviewAjay Choudhary
Department of Neurosurgery, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, 221 005, Uttar Pradesh, India
J Neurooncol 77:73-7. 2006..7+/-10.2 years. There are only 9 reported cases of RIM following high dose cranial irradiation with unusually short latency periods of less than 5 years...
- [Surgical treatment for primary non-small cell lung cancer with synchronous brain metastases]Y Yoshinaga
Department of Thoracic Surgery, St Mary s Hospital, Kerume, Japan
Kyobu Geka 59:41-5. 2006..Multivariate analysis found that only adeocarcinoma histology also affected the survival. It is concluded that surgical treatment may acceptable in selected group of non-small cell lung cancer patients with synchronous brain metastases...
- Long-term follow-up of the United Kingdom medical research council protocols for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia, 1980-2001C Mitchell
Department of Paediatric Haematology Oncology, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Leukemia 24:406-18. 2010..Over the era encompassed by these four trials, there has been a major improvement in both event-free and overall survival for children in the United Kingdom with ALL...
- Management and prognosis in synchronous solitary resected brain metastasis from non-small-cell lung cancerAlexander V Louie
Department of Radiation Oncology, London Regional Cancer Program, London, Ontario, Canada
Clin Lung Cancer 10:174-9. 2009..The objective of this research is to analyze prognostic factors that predict for outcome in this unique patient population...
- Lung cancer and its operable brain metastasis: survival rate and staging problemsJozsef Furak
Departments of Medical Informatics, Pathology, and Surgery, University of Szeged, Szeged
Ann Thorac Surg 79:241-7; discussion 241-7. 2005..The correlation between survival rates and the disease-free interval between lung surgery and metastasectomy was studied...
- Pseudomigraine with prolonged aphasia in a child with cranial irradiation for medulloblastomaS N Krishna Murthy
Department of Neurology, SUNY Buffalo, Children s Hospital of Buffalo, New York 14222, USA
J Child Neurol 17:134-8. 2002..This presentation mimics migraine headache. Evidence suggesting that this represents a long-term complication of treatment of children with central nervous system neoplasia is presented...
- Innate immunity in Rett pathology and repairJonathan Kipnis; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, when cranial irradiation was blocked by lead shield, and microglial engraftment was prevented, disease was not arrested...
- Radiation and Oxidative Stress: Effects on NeurogenesisJohn R Fike; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Cranial irradiation can induce cognitive impairments that involve the hippocampus, a structure critical for learning and memory...
- Mechanisms of T cell leukemia induction and maintenanceIannis Aifantis; Fiscal Year: 2013..For that reason, T-ALL patients usually receive cranial irradiation in addition to intensified intrathecal chemotherapy...
- IMAGING BIOMARKERS FOR RADIATION-INDUCED NECROSISJoel Richard Garbow; Fiscal Year: 2013..of experiments will result in a significantly clearer understanding of the brain tissue changes that follow cranial irradiation. The ability to monitor these changes non-invasively, and to prevent and mitigate these changes with ..
- Rescuing radiation-induced cognitive deficits through cranial transplantation ofCharles Limoli; Fiscal Year: 2013..Even low doses of cranial irradiation that elicit minimal morphologic injury can result in variable degrees of cognitive dysfunction that ..
- Phase III Study of Donepezil in the Irradiated BrainStephen R Rapp; Fiscal Year: 2010..there are very few available treatments for neurocognitive symptoms in patients who have received cranial irradiation;and no known preventive interventions exist...
- GSK3b mediates radiation-induced cytotoxicity in hippocampal neuronsFen Xia; Fiscal Year: 2013..brain cancers, especially in children, is the long-term neurocognitive deficiencies resulting from cranial irradiation (IR)-induced hippocampal neuronal apoptosis...
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY OF INTRATHECAL METHOTREXATEW Bleyer; Fiscal Year: 1980..on cerebrospinal-fluid methotrexate concentration: intravenous infusions of high-dose methotrexate, cranial irradiation, systemic and intrathecal probenicid administration, body position and hyperbaric (D10W-Trendelenberg) ..
- Characterizing the Obesity of Long-term Cancer SurvivorsSusan Nunez; Fiscal Year: 2005..study to determine the role of neuropeptides in the development of obesity in cancer survivors treated with cranial irradiation with or without surgery...
- NEUROTOXICITY OF CNS PROPHYLACTIC THERAPIES IN ALLPHYLLIS MULLENIX; Fiscal Year: 1993..span of the rat, young male and female animals are exposed to various CNS prophylactic treatments involving cranial irradiation, methotrexate, and prednisolone...
- Inflammatory Modulation of Neural Stem Cell FunctionTheo Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2009..drug, restores neurogenesis following endotoxin-induced inflammation and augments neurogenesis following cranial irradiation. In addition, animals with deficits in the chemokine MCP-1 are resistant to the long-term effects of ..
- CONSEQUENCES OF CNS PROPHYLAXIS IN CHILDREN WITH ALLDeborah Waber; Fiscal Year: 1993..aim of the research will be to determine whether application of a hyperfractionation schedule to deliver cranial irradiation (XRT) can reduce toxicity without sacrificing efficacy...
- Quantifying Radiation-Therapy Brain Injury With 1H-MRSOded Gonen; Fiscal Year: 2003..H2: That WBNAA is more sensitive than MMSE to detect neuronal injury consequences of WBRT. H3: That this neuronal injury may be transient, in part, and could resolve within several months after WBRT. ..
- Lapatinib in childhood CNS malignanciesMaryam Fouladi; Fiscal Year: 2006..These data will be used in the rational design of future phase I combination or frontline studies to improve the outcome in children with these poor prognosis tumors. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PREMATURE MENOPAUSE IN SURVIVORS OF CHILDHOOD CANCERCharles Sklar; Fiscal Year: 2002..The large size of the study population, the heterogeneity of diagnoses and exposures, combined with the extensive treatment data, will allow assessment of interaction between the major risk factors of interest. ..
- NABTC (UCSF PROJECT LEADER) U OF WISCONSINMinesh Mehta; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENETIC MODIFIERS AND LONGEVITY OF MNSOD MUTANT MICETing Ting Huang; Fiscal Year: 2003..Aim III - Functional studies of the genetic modifier by phenotype analyses of Sod2-/- mice. Aim IV - Identification of the major modifier gene leading to prolonged lifespan in MnSOD mutant mice. ..
- Genetics Modifiers and Longevity of MnSOD Mutant MiceTing Ting Huang; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 2: Mechanistic analysis of Nnt as the genetic modifier of Sod2-/-. Aim 3: Validation of Nnt as a longevity assurance gene (LAG). ..
- NABTT-Consortium Therapeutic Studies of CNS MalignanciesStuart Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Participating Member Institution in NABTCLisa DeAngelis; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Mammography and High-Risk Survivors of Pediatric CancerKevin Oeffinger; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- PROJECT ALLIFE-EXERCISE AND LEUKEMIA SURVIVORSKevin Oeffinger; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study will represent the first clinical trial aimed at increasing physical activity in leukemia survivors and will advance our understanding of this vulnerable population. ..
- Regulation of VEGF/HIF-1 by AKT: Implications for RadiotherapyAmit Maity; Fiscal Year: 2010..Increased oxygenation should make tumors more sensitive to radiation;therefore, our studies may be important in helping to optimize the combination of EGFR inhibitors with radiation. ..
- Improving Cancer Outcome--Adaptive Helical TomotherapyMinesh Mehta; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our Program Project will allow Tomotherapy to reach a level of scientific and technological maturity where, in the future, technological intercomparisons through Phase III trials may be undertaken. ..
- Molecular Analysis-Directed Individualised Therapy in AdGeorge Simon; Fiscal Year: 2005..Patients will be followed till death and survival curves will be generated. ..
- Obesity in Hispanic Children with LeukemiaJacques Baillargeon; Fiscal Year: 2005..A number of factors, including exposure to corticosteroids, exposure to cranial irradiation, and diminished exercise capacity reportedly contribute to increased rates of obesity among ALL survivors...
- Mechanisms of Radiation-Induced Cognitive DysfunctionWilliam Brown; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such therapeutic intervention studies could potentially be performed in as little as 10 weeks. ..
- Symptom Measurement and Interrelationships During Chemotherapy for Ovarian CancerHeather Jim; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Musculoskeletal Outcomes in Pediatric BMTKathy Ruble; Fiscal Year: 2008..4. Compare the HRQOL of survivors who are at least two years post childhood BMT to established norms from healthy children. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PATHOGENESIS OF RADIATION-INDUCED KIDNEY INJURYMichael Robbins; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies offer the promise of developing rational therapeutic strategies directed at reducing the severity of this dose-limiting morbidity in human beings. ..
- PUFA-MEDIATED MODULATION OF RAT CATALASE EXPRESSIONMichael Robbins; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Cognitive Studies of Temporal Lobe Function in ManGuila Glosser; Fiscal Year: 2003..b) To assess the usefulness of presurgical fMRI activation measures during an allocentric spatial memory task for predicting memory performance following ATL. ..
- CHILDRENS NATIONAL MEDICAL CENTERRoger Packer; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Neural Predictors and RAS Modulation of Radiation-induced Cognitive ImpairmentMichael E Robbins; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies should provide information that is likely to lead to treatments that ameliorate radiation-induced brain injury, including cognitive impairment;thereby, addressing one of NCI's new areas of public health emphasis. ..
- PHASE I TRIALS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- The Renin-Angiotensin System, Inflammation and Radiation-induced Brain InjuryMichael E Robbins; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Cytokines in radiation lung injuryARTHUR BLACKSTOCK; Fiscal Year: 2003..Even further, understanding the temporal expression of MIP-1alpha during thoracic radiation may allow the future utilization of anticytokine reagents, e.g. antibodies, receptor and synthesis blockers during treatment. ..
- NEUROGENESIS AND COGNITION IN IRRADIATED YOUNG MICEJOHN FIKE; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- COGNITIVE REMEDIATION FOR CHILDHOOD CANCER SURVIVORSRobert Butler; Fiscal Year: 2002..Secondary and exploratory analyses will examine the influences of maternal factors on CRP adherence and effectiveness. ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The grant will also allow for continuation of meritorious pilot protocols and will allow GCC to monitor and collect data which will produce mutual benefit to the GCC and CALGB. ..
- Therapeutic Studies of Primary CNS Malignancies-NABTTGene Barnett; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) in obese teens & preteens: Neurobahavioral effectsDean Beebe; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Anticancer Agent Pharmacodynamics in Acute LeukemiaMary Relling; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our long- term goal is to identify host- and treatment-related risk factors for t-AML so that we can design less leukemogenic anticancer treatment regimens, with improved efficacy for the primary ALL. ..
- A MULTI-USE GLIOMA BIOREPOSITORYTom Mikkelsen; Fiscal Year: 2006..We seek support to expand this multi-use glioma biorepository into an ongoing resource of the best characterized glioma material with clinical correlative and genomic data available. ..
- MOLECULAR GLIOMA THERAPIES AND DIAGNOSTICSTom Mikkelsen; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Indomethacin and p38 Regulating AP-1 In Heat ShockJacob Locke; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Genetics of Cognitive Decline Post Cancer ChemotherapyTim Ahles; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Metabolic Syndrome in Adult Survivors of Childhood ALLJames Gurney; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Extracranial Stereotactic Radioablation in Lung CancerRonald McGarry; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- RADIATION RESPONSE OF THE NORMAL SUBEPENDYMAJOHN FIKE; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Web-Based Instruction for Medical DosimetristsPaul Keall; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Mutations in Gliomatosis CerebriMarcus Ware; Fiscal Year: 2004..We shall use this data to determine if there are specific patterns of chromosome aberrations that are characteristic of GC. Our final goal is to compare copy-number aberrations seen in GC to those seen in other non-GC astrocytic tumors. ..
- THERAPEUTICS STUDIES OF PRIMARY CNS MALIGNANCIESPatrick Wen; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- NEW APPLICATIONS IN BRAIN TUMOR THERAPYTom Mikkelsen; Fiscal Year: 2008..These efforts speak to the ultimate goal of our group and NABTT Consortium: improving the outcome of brain tumor patients. ..
- Adolescent Gastric By-Pass and Diabetic PrecursorsThomas Inge; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Pirfenidone in Children with PNs in NF1Roger Packer; Fiscal Year: 2006..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Neurogenesis, Inflammation and Irradiation InjuryMICHELLE MONJE DEISSEROTH; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Androgens and apoE4 induced cognitive impairmentsJacob Raber; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Epigenetic Potentiation of Interferon using DecitabineWolfram Samlowski; Fiscal Year: 2008..Additional experiments will evaluate interferon signaling and DNA damage response pathways in normal and neoplastic cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IASLC Biology and Prevention of Lung Cancer WorkshopJames Rigas; Fiscal Year: 2005..Funds in the amount of $12,000 are requested to cover partial travel expenses for out-of-town speakers. ..