Summary: The collecting of fetal blood samples via ultrasound-guided needle aspiration of the blood in the umbilical vein.
Publications195 found, 100 shown here
- [Invasive prenatal diagnosis in the Netherlands, 1991-2000: number of procedures, indications and abnormal results detected]H T C Nagel
Ziekenhuis Bronovo, afd Gynaecologie en Obstetrie, Den Haag
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 148:1538-43. 2004..To provide an overview of invasive prenatal diagnosis in the Netherlands during the period 1991-2000 and to analyse potential trends...
- Prenatal diagnosis of beta-thalassemia major by high-performance liquid chromatography analysis of hemoglobins in fetal blood samplesT Sanguansermsri
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
Hemoglobin 25:19-27. 2001..b>Cordocentesis was performed at the gestational age of 18-22 weeks and fetal blood was analyzed for hemoglobin fractions by ..
- Midpregnancy cordocentesis training of maternal-fetal medicine fellowsF Tongprasert
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 36:65-8. 2010To describe systematic cordocentesis training among maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) fellows.
- Carrier screening for beta-thalassemia during pregnancy in India: a 7-year evaluationRoshan Colah
Institute of Immunohaematology, KEM Hospital Campus, Parel, Mumbai, India
Genet Test 12:181-5. 2008..Premarital screening for beta-thalassemia is not widely acceptable in India; hence, we evaluated the effectiveness of antenatal screening and counseling over 7 years...
- Evaluation of the results of cordocentesisAli Acar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Meram Medicine Faculty, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 46:405-9. 2007To evaluate the results of cordocentesis carried out in our clinic at Meram Medicine Faculty of Selcuk University in Konya, Turkey.
- Safer cordocentesis by new 25-gauge needlesYuichi Kawakami
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, Japan
Fetal Diagn Ther 24:211-7. 2008The objective of this study was to establish safer cordocentesis by using newly produced 25-gauge needles rather than the needles currently used.
- Antepartum treatment without early cordocentesis for standard-risk alloimmune thrombocytopenia: a randomized controlled trialRichard L Berkowitz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, 622 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Obstet Gynecol 110:249-55. 2007..The study was limited to "standard-risk" patients, who were defined as women with documented alloimmune thrombocytopenia who had not delivered an infant with an intracranial hemorrhage in a prior pregnancy...
- Prenatal diagnosis of haemophilia A by chorionic villus sampling and cordocentesis: all India Institute of Medical Science experienceR Ranjan
Department of Haematology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Vox Sang 92:79-84. 2007We looked at the two most commonly used methods for prenatal diagnosis, cordocentesis and chorionic villus sampling for prenatal diagnosis of haemophilia A in an Indian setting.
- Robustness of factor assays following cordocentesis in the prenatal diagnosis of haemophilia and other bleeding disordersS Shetty
Institute of Immunohaematology ICMR, KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India
Haemophilia 13:172-7. 2007..We suggest that accurate fetal blood sampling is a safe technique for the diagnosis of many of the bleeding disorders in places where genetic diagnostic services are not available...
- Safety of fetal blood sampling by cordocentesis in fetuses with single umbilical arteriesSherif A Abdel-Fattah
Fetal Medicine Research Unit, University of Bristol, St Michael s Hospital, Southwell Street, Bristol, UK
Prenat Diagn 24:605-8. 2004To examine the safety of cordocentesis in fetuses with single umbilical arteries.
- Single umbilical artery stenosis associated with intrauterine fetal death post-transfusionKaren Meir
Department of Pathology, Hadassah University Hospital, Mount Scopus, Jerusalem, Israel
Prenat Diagn 22:186-8. 2002..Intrauterine fetal death occurred at 28 weeks' gestation following cordocentesis and intravascular transfusion for Rhesus alloimmunization...
- [The use of the "APT test" in estimating fetal hemoglobin in genetic cordocentesis]Grzegorz A Nowicki
Ginekol Pol 75:119-23. 2004..To determine whether it is fetal blood and not with mother blood in question...
- Teaching ultrasound-guided invasive procedures in fetal medicine: learning curves with and without an electronic guidance systemJ Nizard
Fetal Medicine Unit, Paris Ouest University, CHI, Poissy, France
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 19:274-7. 2002..To compare the learning curves of inexperienced junior obstetrics/gynecology registrars for ultrasound-guided invasive procedures on a training model, with and without an electronic guidance system...
- Sepsis due to Clostridium perfringens after pregnancy termination with feticide by cordocentesis: a case reportS V Li Kim Mui
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Centre Hospitalier Robert Ballanger, Aulnay sous Bois, France
Fetal Diagn Ther 17:124-6. 2002..a case of sepsis due to Clostridium perfringens after termination of pregnancy at 22 weeks with feticide by cordocentesis. Three weeks earlier, the 41-year-old patient had undergone an amniocentesis and a full trisomy 13 karyotype ..
- Intravenous immunoglobulins without initial and follow-up cordocentesis in alloimmune fetal and neonatal thrombocytopenia at high risk for intracranial hemorrhageHumphrey H H Kanhai
Department of Obstetrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Fetal Diagn Ther 21:55-60. 2006..To report on a less invasive treatment strategy in alloimmune fetal and neonatal thrombocytopenia (FNAIT) at high risk for either in utero or neonatal intracranial hemorrhage (ICH)...
- [Indications and interventions in prenatal diagnostics in eight centers in the Czech Republic]H Viskova
Gynekologicko porodnická klinika 1 LF UK a VFN, Praha
Ceska Gynekol 69:352-7. 2004..To register the spectrum of indications and types of invasive procedures in clinical practice...
- The value of middle cerebral artery systolic velocity for initial and subsequent management in fetal anemiaOzgur Deren
Hacettepe University, School of Medicine, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 101:26-30. 2002..To evaluate the fetal middle cerebral artery Doppler waveform for the prediciton of anemia in the RhD-alloimmunized fetus...
- [Studies on safety of cordocentesis guided by transabdominal ultrasound for prenatal diagnosis]Can Liao
Institute of Eugenics and Perinatology, Women and Children s Hospital of Guangzhou, Guangzhou 510180, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 39:813-5. 2004To assess the safety and efficacy of diagnostic cordocentesis during pregnancy.
- Fetal anemia: new technologiesMaria Segata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 16:153-8. 2004..The purpose of this review is to summarize recently published studies on noninvasive diagnosis of fetal anemia in order to give recommendations for the use of these new tools...
- Trisomy 13 manifested as hypoplastic left heart and other structural abnormalitiesMing Chen
Prenat Diagn 23:1102-3. 2003
- [Doppler measurements of blood flow in the middle cerebral artery for the diagnosis of fetal anemia]Dariusz Kowalczyk
Oddziału Patologii Ciazy Wojewódzkiego Szpitala Ginekologiczno Połozniczego im dr S Mossora w Opolu
Ginekol Pol 74:1160-5. 2003..The results of Doppler measurements were compared with fetal peripheral blood count estimated after cordocentesis.
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital leukemia in a fetus at 25 weeks' gestation with Down syndrome: case report and review of the literatureM Robertson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 21:486-9. 2003..Spontaneous demise occurred 10 days after the cordocentesis. A review of the literature of the seven cases described antenatally and 10 cases described in the immediate ..
- Detection of mosaic isochromosome 20q in amniotic fluid in a pregnancy with fetal arthrogryposis multiplex congenita and normal karyotype in fetal blood and postnatal samples of placenta, skin, and liverChih Ping Chen
Prenat Diagn 23:85-7. 2003
- European collaborative study of the antenatal management of feto-maternal alloimmune thrombocytopeniaJanet E Birchall
National Blood Service, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Br J Haematol 122:275-88. 2003..The results of this study suggest that the start of therapy can be stratified on the basis of the sibling history of FMAIT, and support the use of maternal therapy as first-line treatment...
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital toxoplasmosisAris Antsaklis
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Fetal Medicine Unit, Alexandra Hospital, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Prenat Diagn 22:1107-11. 2002..amplification of T. gondii DNA by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) (79 subjects), and (3). cordocentesis for the detection of T. gondii-specific IgM antibodies (13 subjects)...
- Experiences with fetomaternal alloimmune thrombocytopenia at a Swedish hospital over a 10-year periodEleonor Tiblad
Center for Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Huddinge University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:803-6. 2003..This is a descriptive study of the management and outcome of 18 cases of fetomaternal alloimmune thrombocytopenia (FMAIT) treated from 1991 to 2001...
- Invasive procedures to evaluate the fetusLorraine Dugoff
Department of Obtetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 45:1039-53. 2002
- Umbilical cord blood gas casebookJeffrey Pomerance
Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21204, USA
J Perinatol 22:504-5. 2002
- Fetal and maternal plasma leptin levels during the second half of normal pregnancies and those with Down syndromeN Radunovic
University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 13:394-7. 2003..To assess the correlation of fetal and maternal plasma leptin concentrations during the second half of uncomplicated, euploid pregnancies and to compare these values with those obtained from pregnancies with Down syndrome...
- [Monitoring of pregnancy complicated by maternal-fetal isoimmunization. A comparison between two clinical protocols]E Vignoni
Clinica Ginecologico Ostetrica, Universita degli Studi di Brescia, Spedali Civili, Brescia, Italy
Minerva Ginecol 55:353-8. 2003Invasive techniques such as amniocentesis and cordocentesis are used for the diagnosis and treatment of fetus at risk for anemia due to maternal red-cell alloimmunization...
- [Clinical application of abdominal cordocentesis under ultrasound guidance]Ping Li
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, People s Hospital of Guangdong Province Hua nan Hospital Affiliated to Southern Medical Universily, Guangzhou 510080, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 25:720-2. 2005To evaluate the safety and success rate of abdominal cordocentesis using a PTC needle under ultrasound guidance.
- Fetal serum concentrations of cystatin C and beta2-microglobulin as predictors of postnatal kidney functionA Bokenkamp
Bonn University Children s Hospital, Bonn, Germany
Am J Obstet Gynecol 185:468-75. 2001..In contrast to creatinine, diaplacental exchange is minimal. The aim of the study was to establish reference values in fetal serum and to test their efficiency in predicting postnatal kidney function...
- Management of anti-Rhesus-D antibodies in pregnancy: a review from 1994 to 1998Y C Cheong
Fetal Medicine Research Unit, University of Bristol, St. Michael's Hospital, Bristol, UK
Fetal Diagn Ther 16:294-8. 2001....
- Nonimmune hydrops fetalis diagnosed during the second half of pregnancy in Southern ChinaCan Liao
Prenatal Diagnostic Center, Guangzhou Maternal and Neonatal Hospital, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou, Guangdong, PR China
Fetal Diagn Ther 22:302-5. 2007..To analyze the etiologies of nonimmune hydrops fetalis (NIHF) for a southern section of China...
- Noninvasive diagnosis by Doppler ultrasonography of fetal anemia resulting from parvovirus infectionErich Cosmi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:1290-3. 2002..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of the middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity for the detection of fetal anemia in pregnancies that are complicated by parvovirus B19 infection...
- Prenatally diagnosable differences in the cellular immunity of fetuses with Down's and Edwards' syndromeZdenek Zizka
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Faculty Hospital and 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Fetal Diagn Ther 21:510-4. 2006..With the aid of cordocentesis it is possible to perform studies on the status and development of cellular immunity as early as in the second ..
- Fetal plasma cortisol and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate concentrations in pregnancy and term parturitionSoo Young Oh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 19:529-36. 2006..To examine if changes in fetal plasma concentrations of cortisol or dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) levels are associated with human term parturition...
- [Biochemical profile of fetal blood sampled by cordocentesis in 35 pregnancies complicated by growth retardation]C Bon
Service de Biochimie, Hotel Dieu, 1, Place de l Hopital, 69288, Lyon Cedex 02, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 55:111-20. 2007..In 35 pregnancies complicated by IUGR of different etiologies, we measured on fetal blood obtained by cordocentesis, biochemical variables characteristic of the fetuses' respiratory and metabolic status...
- Prenatal control of Hb Bart's disease in southern ChinaCan Liao
Prenatal Diagnostic Center, Guangzhou Maternal and Neonatal Hospital, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou, Guangdong, PR China
Hemoglobin 31:471-5. 2007..Ultrasonography is now playing a major role in prenatal control of Hb Bart's disease in our region, and limits the invasive procedures to the few patients identified to be at high risk...
- An audit of outcome in intravascular transfusions using the intrahepatic portion of the fetal umbilical vein compared to cordocentesisDavid A Somerset
Department of Fetal Medicine, Division of Reproduction and Child Health, Birmingham Women s Hospital, University of Birmingham, UK
Fetal Diagn Ther 21:272-6. 2006..In the majority of instances this is performed by cordocentesis. However, this cohort study represents the experience in a large tertiary referral centre in performing fetal ..
- [The risk of complications of diagnostic and therapeutic cordocentesis]Krzysztof Preis
Klinika Połoznictwa AM w Gdańsku, Gdansk
Ginekol Pol 75:765-9. 2004b>Cordocentesis is one of the wide range of invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures used during pregnancy...
- Relationship between the sonographic pattern of intrauterine growth restriction and acid-base status at the time of cordocentensisS C Blackwell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hutzel Hospital, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Arch Gynecol Obstet 264:191-3. 2001OBJECTIVE: To determine whether there is a difference in acid-base status at the time of cordocentesis between fetuses with symmetric and asymmetric intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR)...
- Increasing the noninvasive management of rhesus isoimmunizationNikolaos Papantoniou
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Alexandra Maternity Hospital, Athens University, Athens, Greece
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 101:281-4. 2008..To determine the clinical outcome of isoimmunized pregnancies managed by middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity (MCA-PSV) in an intention-to-treat study...
- Prenatal diagnosis, sonographic findings and molecular genetic analysis of a 46,XX/46,XY true hermaphrodite chimeraChih Ping Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Prenat Diagn 25:502-6. 2005..To present the prenatal diagnosis, sonographic findings and, molecular genetic analysis of a 46,XX/46,XY true hermaphrodite chimera and to review the literature...
- Early invasive diagnostic techniques in pregnant women who are infected with the HIV: a multicenter case seriesEdgardo Somigliana
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology and Neonatology, L Mangiagalli Hospital, Milan, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:437-42. 2005....
- Prenatal diagnosis and perinatal management of maternal-fetal congenital parvovirus B19 infectionShih Tien Hsu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 46:417-22. 2007..In nonimmune pregnant woman, the primary infection with parvovirus B19 may lead to transplacental transmission to the fetus with variable outcomes, including congenital anemia, hydrops fetalis, fetal death or spontaneous resolution...
- Four-dimensional ultrasonographic guidance for invasive obstetric proceduresLawrence Dolkart
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Health Center for Women, 600 Fitch St, Suite 205, Elmira, NY 14905, USA
J Ultrasound Med 24:1261-6. 2005This pilot study evaluated the use of 4-dimensional (4D) real-time ultrasonographic needle guidance for amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling (CVS), cordocentesis, and intrauterine transfusions.
- Relationship between alpha-fetoprotein and fetal erythropoiesisJ L Bartha
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Puerto Real, University of Cadiz, Spain
J Reprod Med 44:689-97. 1999..To evaluate the relationship of fetal erythropoiesis to both maternal and fetal serum alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) levels...
- Changes in the approach for invasive prenatal diagnosis in 35,127 cases at a single center from 1977 to 2004Giovanni Monni
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Prenatal and Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis, Fetal Therapy, Ospedale Microcitemico, Cagliari, Italy
Fetal Diagn Ther 21:348-54. 2006..To evaluate the changes in the approaches used for invasive prenatal diagnosis for beta-thalassemia and karyotyping at a single center from 1977 to 2004...
- Prenatal diagnosis of hemoglobin Bart's hydrops fetalis by HPLC analysis of hemoglobin in fetal blood samplesT Sanguansermsri
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 32:180-5. 2001..Blood samples were obtained from fetuses at 18 to 22 weeks of gestation by cordocentesis in 32 pregnant women at risk of having a child with homozygous alpha-thalassemia 1 (alpha-thal-1)...
- An increase of the cardiothoracic ratio leads to a diagnosis of Bart's hydropsVorapong Phupong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Rama IV Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 89:509-12. 2006..We report a case of increased cardiothoracic ratio that led to a diagnosis of Hb Bart's in a couple who had normal hemoglobin electrophoresis and low MCV...
- [Cerebral blood flow dynamics in fetus]Y Chiba
Department of Perinatology, National Cardiovascular Center, Osaka
No To Hattatsu 24:136-9. 1992..Within 24 hours after blood flow measurements, cordocentesis was performed and umbilical venous blood gases and pH were determined...
- Fronto-nasal dysplasia and atrio-ventricular canal in a fetus with trisomy 18 identified by absent nasal bones during first trimester screening scanGabriele Tonni
Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Guastalla Civil Hospital, AUSL Reggio Emilia, Emilia, Italy
Congenit Anom (Kyoto) 47:45-8. 2007..Bilateral choroid plexus cysts were additional ultrasound findings. At that time, an uneventful cordocentesis was performed showing a 47,XY(+18) karyotype...
- Congenital midgut volvulus associated with fetal anemiaJakub Kornacki
Division of Reproduction, Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Oncology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Fetal Diagn Ther 28:119-22. 2010..b>Cordocentesis confirmed significant fetal anemia...
- [The gynecology-obstetrics department]Y Englert
Rev Med Brux 23:69-76. 2002..well-being in utero: the prenatal echography, the chorionic villous sampling, the amniotic puncture or the cordocentesis for prenatal genetic diagnosis or fetal infectious contaminations, the CMV transmission more specifically...
- Prediction of fetal anemia with Doppler measurement of the middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity in pregnancies complicated by maternal blood group alloimmunization or parvovirus B19 infectionL Delle Chiaie
Centre for Prenatal Diagnosis, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Ulm, Germany
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 18:232-6. 2001....
- A clinical algorithm of prenatal diagnosis of Radial Ray Defects with two and three dimensional ultrasoundMairead M Kennelly
Department of Fetal Medicine, Leazes Wing, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4LP
Prenat Diagn 27:730-7. 2007..To review the antenatal diagnosis of Radial Ray Defects (RRD) in a tertiary referral fetal medicine unit & to set out a clinical algorithm to aid assessment and management...
- Antenatal ultrasonographic appearance of isolated fetal ascites. A case report of sinus urogenitalisI Staboulidou
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Prenatal Medicine and General Gynecology, Medical School of Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Fetal Diagn Ther 21:501-5. 2006..We present a case with isolated fetal ascites without hydronephrosis caused by a cloacal malformation...
- Prenatal diagnosis for arginase deficiency: a case studyS Hewson
Division of Clinical and Metabolic Genetics, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Inherit Metab Dis 26:607-10. 2003..Testing for arginase activity assay in red blood cells, isolated by cordocentesis, was performed and predicted an unaffected fetus...
- Prenatal diagnosis of a recombinant chromosome 7 resulting in trisomy 7q11.22 --> qterM Tchirikov
Department of Obstetrics and Fetal Medicine, University Medical Center Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Am J Med Genet A 152:721-5. 2010..Chromosome analysis after cordocentesis at 23 weeks of gestation revealed an abnormal male karyotype with 46 chromosomes and a derivative chromosome 7 ..
- Prenatal diagnosis of trisomy 18: report of 30 casesJae Hyug Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Samsung Cheil General Hospital and Women s Healthcare Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Prenat Diagn 25:119-22. 2005..To review the detection rate of the prenatal screening tests used for the diagnosis of the trisomy 18...
- Prenatal diagnosis of beta-thalassemia in Southern ChinaDongzhi Li
Prenatal Diagnostic Center, Guangzhou Maternal and Neonatal Hospital, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510180, PR China
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 128:81-5. 2006..To control the birth of thalassemic children in Southern China...
- Report and review of the fetal brain disruption sequenceJ R Corona-Rivera
Laboratorio de Genética Humana y Clínica de Asesoramiento Genético, Carrera de Medicina, Centro Universitario de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad de Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Eur J Pediatr 160:664-7. 2001..involvement by prenatal cytomegalovirus infection, prenatal cocaine exposure, direct vascular fetal trauma (cordocentesis) and fetal vascular changes after a maternal car accident causing intracranial bleeding and brain damage...
- Middle cerebral artery peak systolic and ductus venosus velocity waveforms in the hydropic fetusErich Cosmi
Department of Gynecological Science and Reproductive Medicine, University of Padua School of Medicine, Via Giustiniani 3, 35100 Padua, Italy
J Ultrasound Med 24:209-13. 2005....
- Congenital toxoplasmosisS Martin
University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, USA
Neonatal Netw 20:23-30. 2001..The brain and retina are often affected, and there can be a wide range of clinical disease. Amniocentesis or cordocentesis provides the most accurate diagnosis...
- Correlation between middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity and fetal hemoglobin after 2 previous intrauterine transfusionsGiancarlo Mari
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University, Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD, NIH, DHHS, Detroit, MI, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:1117-20. 2005..The objective of this study was to assess whether the correlation between the MCA-PSV and fetal hemoglobin is maintained in fetuses that had undergone 2 previous intrauterine transfusions...
- Prenatal diagnosis of mosaicism identified in amniotic fluid cell culturesF I Sahin
Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Genetics, Ankara, Turkey
Genet Couns 17:341-8. 2006..The second fetus had a 45,X/46,XX karyotype. The parents refused cordocentesis and decided to terminate pregnancy in the 21st week...
- [Feto-maternal metabolism in human normal pregnancies: study of 73 cases]C Bon
Service de Biochimie, Centre Hospitalier, Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 65:609-19. 2007..and cholesterol were assessed on maternal venous blood (MVB) and umbilical venous blood (UVB), sampled by cordocentesis. The objective of this work was to study feto-maternal metabolism, as well as nutritional exchange between ..
- Predicting the severity of fetal anemia using time-domain measurement of volume flow in the fetal aortaK Harrington
Homerton University Hospital and Barts and the London School of Medicine, London, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 23:437-41. 2004..To assess the value of fetal aortic time-domain measurement of volume flow (using color velocity imaging quantification (CVI-Q)) in predicting the severity of fetal anemia...
- Transabdominal thin-gauge embryofetoscopy: a technique for early prenatal diagnosis and its use in the diagnosis of a case of Meckel-Gruber syndromeR A Quintero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
Am J Obstet Gynecol 168:1552-7. 1993..Our aim was to develop and evaluate a transabdominal endoscopic technique to visualize the embryo or fetus with thin-gauge needles and submillimetric fiberoptic endoscopes...
- Prenatal sonographic diagnosis of truncus arteriosus associated with holoprosencephalyTheera Tongsong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
J Clin Ultrasound 33:193-6. 2005..Prenatal chromosomal analysis was offered and the patient elected to have cordocentesis. The chromosome study was normal...
- Nasal bone in prenatal trisomy 21 screeningAnthony Shanks
Maternal Fetal Medicine, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, MO, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 65:46-52. 2010..These procedures--amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling and cordocentesis--are invasive and carry with them the risks of bleeding, rupture of membranes, and even pregnancy loss...
- Prenatal diagnosis for arginase deficiency by second-trimester fetal erythrocyte arginase assay and first-trimester ARG1 mutation analysisStanley H Korman
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Prenat Diagn 24:857-60. 2004..Prenatal diagnosis of an unaffected fetus was achieved in the second trimester of a subsequent pregnancy by cordocentesis and analysis of arginase activity in fetal erythrocytes...
- Antenatal treatment of fetal goiter: a therapeutic challengeAnat Hanono
Department of Pediatrics, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 22:76-80. 2009..Fetal hypothyroidism was confirmed by cordocentesis and amniotic hormone levels...
- De novo 16p13.11 microdeletion identified by high-resolution array CGH in a fetus with increased nuchal translucencyL W Law
Fetal Medicine Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Li Ka Shing Institute of Health Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR
BJOG 116:339-43. 2009..We investigated the application of high-resolution microarray-based comparative genomic hybridisation (array CGH) on a fetus showing increased nuchal translucency (NT)...
- Prenatal diagnosis of sickle syndromes in India: dilemmas in counsellingRoshan Colah
Institute of Immunohaematology ICMR, KEM Hospital Campus, Parel, Mumbai, India
Prenat Diagn 25:345-9. 2005..We have evaluated the acceptability of prenatal diagnosis and the dilemmas faced in counselling these families...
- Detection of C-type natriuretic peptide in fetal circulationH Stepan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Leipzig, Germany
J Perinat Med 28:118-21. 2000..Using a radio-immunoassy for CNP-22 we measured for the first time CNP in fetal blood. Samples were taken by cordocentesis in a group of fetuses with rhesus isoimmunisation (10.74 +/- 2...
- Phenotype II triploid pregnancy and study of the parental origin of the extra set of chromosomes with fluorescence microsatellite analysis: case reportS D Chang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei
Chang Gung Med J 24:258-62. 2001..Late cytogenetic karyotyping from cordocentesis revealed a triploidy of 69, XXX...
- [Obstetrical results in women who underwent intrauterine invasive procedures during the pregnancy]Lidia Biesiada
Klinika Połoinictwa i Ginekologii, Zaklad Ultrasonografii Ginekologiczno Polozniczej
Ginekol Pol 77:691-9. 2006..results of pregnancies among women who had intrauterine invasive procedures (IIP)--amnioinfusion, amnioreduction, cordocentesis and shunts, based on the materials from Polish Mother's Memorial Hospital Research Institute in 2000-2003.
- Fetal ascites and second trimester maternal hepatitis C virus infectionPei Ying Ling
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taiwan Adventist Hospital, Taipei
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 45:260-3. 2006....
- Evaluation of the use of monoclonal antibodies and nested PCR for noninvasive prenatal diagnosis of hemoglobinopathies in IndiaEdna D'Souza
Department of Hematogenetics, Institute of Immunohaematology, Parel, India
Am J Clin Pathol 130:202-9. 2008..0%) of 100 cases when compared with chorionic villus sampling or cordocentesis and DNA analysis...
- [Idiopathic thrombocytopenia during pregnancy. The risk in connection with umbilical blood sampling is probably greater than the benefit]G Wegnelius
Kvinnokliniken, Sodersjukhuset, Stockholm
Lakartidningen 98:3403-9. 2001..Our intention was to perform cordocentesis using PUBS to measure fetal platelet count in pregnant women with ITP, utilizing the information thus derived ..
- Severe fetal thrombocytopenia in Rhesus D alloimmunized pregnanciesEline S A van den Akker
Department of Obstetrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:387.e1-4. 2008..The objective of the study was to evaluate the incidence of fetal thrombocytopenia and association with hydrops in Rhesus D alloimmunization...
- Interferon-alpha-like biological activity in human seminal plasma, follicular fluid, embryo culture medium, amniotic fluid and fetal bloodSnjezana Zidovec Lepej
Division for Cellular Immunology Flow Cytometry, University Hospital for Infectious Diseases Dr Fran Mihaljevic, Mirogojska 8, Zagreb, Croatia
Reprod Fertil Dev 15:423-8. 2003..the second group consisted of 23 patients scheduled for prenatal diagnosis (15 for amniocentesis and eight for cordocentesis)...
- [Correlation between echographic cardiac measurements and hemoglobin deficit in fetus of red cell alloimmunized pregnancies]Marília Zicker Hanan
Departamento de Ginecologia e Obstetricia, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet 30:341-8. 2008..to verify the correlation between ultrasonography heart measures and hemoglobin deficit in fetuses of alloimmunized pregnant women...
- Prenatal eradication of Hb Bart's hydrops fetalisT Tongsong
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, 50200, Thailand
J Reprod Med 46:18-22. 2001..fragility test) in women without known risks, (2) the couples at risk were offered genetic counseling and cordocentesis, (3) analysis of fetal blood for diagnosis, and (4) counseling for termination of pregnancy...
- Intrauterine diagnosis and management of fetal goiter: a case reportFaik Mumtaz Koyuncu
Celal Bayar University Faculty of Medicine Obstetrics and Gynecology, Manisa, Turkey
J Clin Ultrasound 38:503-5. 2010..We report a case of fetal goiter diagnosed at 30 weeks of gestation and fetal hypothyroidism confirmed by cordocentesis. Intra-amniotic levothyroxine was administered. Onset of preterm labor could not be prevented...
- A 46,XY/46,XX mosaicism diagnosed at amniocentesis: another case reportCan Liao
Prenatal Diagnostic Center, Guangzhou Maternal and Neonatal Hospital, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Prenat Diagn 28:65-6. 2008
- [Assess flow velocity in the ductus venosus and inferior vena cava in fetuses in isoimmunized pregnancies]Eura Martins Lage
Centro de Medicina Fetal do Hospital das Clínicas da Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG
Rev Assoc Med Bras 52:328-32. 2006..Ductus venosus and inferior vena cava flow velocity was assessed in fetuses in isoimmunized pregnancies...
- [Guideline for prevention of RhD alloimmunization in RhD negative women]Marek Lubusky
Porodnicko gynekologická klinika LF UP a FN Olomouc
Ceska Gynekol 75:323-4. 2010..villus sampling, partial molar pregnancy; Second and third trimester indications (100 microg)--amniocentesis, cordocentesis, other invasive prenatal diagnostic or therapeutic procedures, spontaneous or induced abortion, intrauterine ..
- Plasmapheresis and intravenous immune globulin for the treatment of D alloimmunization in pregnancyDeborah J Novak
Department of Pathology, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
J Clin Apher 23:183-5. 2008..b>Cordocentesis and intrauterine transfusion have potential complications that have been well documented...
- Antenatal assessment for the detection of fetal asphyxia. An evidence-based approach using indication-specific testingA M Vintzileos
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School St Peter s University Hospital, New Brunswick 08903, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 900:137-50. 2000..tests, fetal biophysical profiles, and Doppler assessments as well as invasive tests such as amniocentesis or cordocentesis. Clinical experience, combined with recent literature, suggest that there is no ideal test for all high-risk ..
- Fetal cardiocentesis: a review of indications, risks, applications and techniqueAlbert P Sarno
Maternal Fetal Medicine Section, Perinatal Center, St Luke s Hospital and Health Network, Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 23:237-44. 2008..To review the indications, applications and technique of fetal cardiocentesis...
- Second trimester maternal serum inhibin-A in fetal anemia secondary to hemoglobin Bart's diseaseFuanglada Tongprasert
Maternal Fetal Medicine Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 27:1005-9. 2014..To compare the levels of inhibin-A between pregnancies with fetal anemia secondary to Hb Bart's disease and pregnancies with normal non-anemic fetuses...
- [Importance of "Guidelines for performing fetal cardiac scan" in prenatal screening for fetal congenital heart disease]Yan Xu
Maternal fetal Medical Center, Affiliated Drum Tower Hospital of Nanjing University Medical School, Nanjing 210029, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 44:103-7. 2009..To investigate the application of "Guidelines for performing fetal cardiac scan", issued by the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2006, in prenatal screening of fetal congenital heart disease (CHD)...
- A Turkish newborn infant with cerebellar agenesis/neonatal diabetes mellitus and PTF1A mutationE Tutak
Cukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Adana, Turkey
Genet Couns 20:147-52. 2009..Here we report a new case of cerebellar agenesis and neonatal diabetes mellitus whose parents are PTF1A mutation carriers...
- Prediction of fetal anemia by Doppler of the middle cerebral artery and descending thoracic aortaDavid Pares
Fetal Medicine Unit, Obstetrics Department, São Paulo Federal University Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arch Gynecol Obstet 278:27-31. 2008..This study aimed to evaluate the accuracy of MCA-PSV associated with DTA-MV in the prediction of fetal anemia...
- Determinants of the middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity in the human fetusAmy H Picklesimer
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:526.e1-4. 2007..The purpose of this study was to identify physiologic determinants of the peak systolic blood flow velocity (PSV) of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) in the human fetus...
- Maternal serum S100 protein in normal and Down syndrome pregnanciesH D Abraha
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, King s College School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Prenat Diagn 19:334-6. 1999..Maternal blood was taken at the time of chorionic villus sampling or cordocentesis (11-38 weeks' gestation) for fetal karyotyping...
- Prenatal diagnosis of thrombocytopenia absent radius (TAR) syndrome and vaginal deliveryS D Shelton
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Prenat Diagn 19:54-7. 1999..The diagnosis of thrombocytopenia absent radius (TAR) syndrome was confirmed with cordocentesis. The differential diagnosis of radial aplasia and prenatal tests available to assist with management are ..
- A comparison of cordocentesis outcomes between early and conventional proceduresWirawit Piyamongkol
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 25:2298-301. 2012To compare procedural outcomes between early cordocentesis (16-17 weeks) and those at 18-22 weeks.
- ALLOIMMUNIZATION TO PATERNAL LEUKOCYTES FOR HDNKenneth Moise; Fiscal Year: 2002..A monocyte monolayer assay will be performed using the spleens and sensitized red cells of the pups from the three serial breedings to determine the level of phagocytosis of the fetal reticuloendothelial system. ..
- Fetal and Neonatal Hemodynamics in IUGR PregnanciesHenry Galan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..