Genomes and Genes
low level laser therapy
Summary: Treatment using irradiation with light at low power intensities and with wavelengths in the range 540nm-830nm. The effects are thought to be mediated by a photochemical reaction that alters CELL MEMBRANE PERMEABILITY, leading to increased mRNA synthesis and CELL PROLIFERATION. The effects are not due to heat, as in LASER SURGERY. Low-level laser therapy has been used in general medicine, veterinary medicine, and dentistry for a wide variety of conditions, but most frequently for wound healing and pain control.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications221 found, 100 shown here
- Does low output laser stimulation enhance the healing of crural ulceration? Some critical remarksAndrzej Franek
Katedra i Zaklz shtsls ad Biofizyki Lekarskiej, Slaska Akademia Medyczna, ul Medykow 18, bud C2, 40 752, PL, Katowice Ligota, Poland
Med Eng Phys 24:607-15. 2002..No significant impact of laser light (lambda=810 nm, P=65 mW, p=4 J/cm2) on any of the stages of ulceration healing was observed...
- Low level laser therapy modulates kinin receptors mRNA expression in the subplantar muscle of rat paw subjected to carrageenan-induced inflammationF Bortone
Departamento de Ciências da Reabilitação, Centro Universitário Nove de Julho, UNINOVE Rua Vergueiro, 235 Liberdade, CEP 01504001 São Paulo SP, Brazil
Int Immunopharmacol 8:206-10. 2008b>Low level laser therapy (LLLT) has been used clinically in order to treat inflammatory processes. In this work, we evaluated if LLLT alters kinin receptors mRNA expression in the carrageenan-induced rat paw edema...
- Low-energy helium-neon laser induces melanocyte proliferation via interaction with type IV collagen: visible light as a therapeutic option for vitiligoC C E Lan
Department of Dermatology, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Br J Dermatol 161:273-80. 2009..The treatment of vitiligo remains a challenge for clinical dermatologists. We have previously shown that the helium-neon laser (He-Ne laser, 632.8 nm) is a therapeutic option for treatment of this depigmentary disorder...
- Effect of multiple exposures of low-level laser therapy on the cellular responses of wounded human skin fibroblastsDenise Hawkins
Laser Research Unit, Group of Health Sciences, University of Johannesburg, Doornfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa
Photomed Laser Surg 24:705-14. 2006..8 nm) laser irradiation using one, two, or three exposures of different doses, namely, 2.5, 5.0, or 16.0 J/cm(2) on each day for 2 consecutive days...
- Effect of wavelength on low-intensity laser irradiation-stimulated cell proliferation in vitroPete Moore
University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Lasers Surg Med 36:8-12. 2005..There exist contradictory reports about low-intensity laser light-stimulated cell proliferation. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of wavelength on proliferation of cultured murine cells...
- Cellular effects of low power laser therapy can be mediated by nitric oxideTiina I Karu
Institute of Laser and Information Technologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 142190 Troitsk, Moscow, Russia
Lasers Surg Med 36:307-14. 2005..These experiments were performed with a view to exploring the cellular mechanisms of low-power laser therapy...
- Irradiation with 780 nm diode laser attenuates inflammatory cytokines but upregulates nitric oxide in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophages: implications for the prevention of aneurysm progressionLilach Gavish
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Lasers Surg Med 40:371-8. 2008....
- Low level laser therapy before eccentric exercise reduces muscle damage markers in humansBruno Manfredini Baroni
Exercise Research Laboratory LAPEX, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Rua Felizardo, 750 Bairro Jardim Botânico, Porto Alegre, RS, 90690 200, Brazil
Eur J Appl Physiol 110:789-96. 2010The purpose of the present study was to determine the effect of low level laser therapy (LLLT) treatment before knee extensor eccentric exercise on indirect markers of muscle damage...
- The role of laser fluence in cell viability, proliferation, and membrane integrity of wounded human skin fibroblasts following helium-neon laser irradiationDenise H Hawkins
Faculty of Health, University of Johannesburg, P O Box 17011, Doornfontein, Johannesburg 2028, South Africa
Lasers Surg Med 38:74-83. 2006In medicine, lasers have been used predominantly for applications, which are broadly termed low level laser therapy (LLLT), phototherapy or photobiomodulation. This study aimed to establish cellular responses to Helium-Neon (632...
- Phototherapy promotes healing of chronic diabetic leg ulcers that failed to respond to other therapiesDebora G Minatel
Department of Biotechnology, University of Ribeirao Preto, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Lasers Surg Med 41:433-41. 2009..We tested the hypothesis that combined 660 and 890 nm LED phototherapy will promote healing of diabetic ulcers that failed to respond to other forms of treatment...
- Effects of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) on the nuclear factor (NF)-kappaB signaling pathway in traumatized muscleCarem Fetter Rizzi
Department of Physiotherapy and Physiology, Universidade Luterana do Brasil, Brazil
Lasers Surg Med 38:704-13. 2006..To investigate the effects of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) on nuclear factor kappa B (NF-kappaB) activation and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) expression in an experimental model of muscle trauma...
- Effects of laser irradiation on the release of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), insulin like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), and receptor of IGF-1 (IGFBP3) from gingival fibroblastsIsil Saygun
Department of Periodontology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Etlik, Ankara, 06018 Turkey
Lasers Med Sci 23:211-5. 2008..LLLT may play an important role in periodontal wound healing and regeneration by enhancing the production of the growth factors...
- Low-power laser irradiation activates Src tyrosine kinase through reactive oxygen species-mediated signaling pathwayJuntao Zhang
MOE Key Laboratory of Laser Life Science and Institute of Laser Life Science, South China Normal University, Guangzhou, China
J Cell Physiol 217:518-28. 2008..Therefore, LPLI induces ROS-mediated Src activation which may play an important role in biostimulatory effect of LPLI...
- Effect of low intensity helium-neon (He-Ne) laser irradiation on diabetic wound healing dynamicsG Arun Maiya
Department of Physiotherapy, MAHE University, Manipal, India
Photomed Laser Surg 23:187-90. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine the effect of low-energy He-Ne laser treatment on wound healing dynamics (histological and biochemical) in diabetic rats...
- Role of nitric oxide in the visible light-induced rapid increase of human skin microcirculation at the local and systemic levels: II. healthy volunteersKira A Samoilova
Institute of Cytology, Russian Academy of Sciences, St Petersburg, Russia
Photomed Laser Surg 26:443-9. 2008..The aim of this study is to evaluate the skin microcirculation increase seen in healthy volunteers after a single exposure to polychromatic visible (pVIS) light, and to prove the role of nitric oxide (NO) in the development of this effect...
- Anti-Inflammatory effects of low-level laser therapy (660 nm) in the early phase in carrageenan-induced pleurisy in ratEmerson S Boschi
Laboratório de Pesquisa em Biofísica Celular e Inflamação, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul PUCRS, Av Ipiranga 6681 prédio 12C sala 263, CEP 90619 900 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Lasers Surg Med 40:500-8. 2008..In this study we investigated the potential effects of LLLT on modulating the pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory mediators of acute inflammation in a rat pleurisy model...
- COX-2 mRNA expression decreases in the subplantar muscle of rat paw subjected to carrageenan-induced inflammation after low level laser therapyR Albertini
IP and D UNIVAP, Av, Shishima Hifumi 2911, CEP 12244 000, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
Inflamm Res 56:228-9. 2007b>Low level laser therapy (LLLT) has been presented as a novel therapy to treat inflammation. Herein we studied the effect of LLLT on the COX-2 mRNA expression in subplantar tissue taken from rats treated with carrageenan.
- In vitro effects of low-level laser irradiation for bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells: proliferation, growth factors secretion and myogenic differentiationJian feng Hou
Department of Surgery, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Lasers Surg Med 40:726-33. 2008..However, little is known about the effects of LLLI on BMSCs. The aim of this study was designed to investigate the influence of LLLI at different energy densities on BMSCs proliferation, secretion and myogenic differentiation...
- Influence of low level laser therapy on wound healing and its biological action upon myofibroblastsAlena R A P Medrado
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Lasers Surg Med 32:239-44. 2003..In re-evaluating the effects of laser therapy in wound healing, the role of extracellular matrix elements and myofibroblasts, was analyzed...
- Effective and safe use of lasers, light sources, and radiofrequency devices in the clinical management of Asian patients with selected dermatosesHenry H L Chan
University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Lasers Surg Med 37:179-85. 2005..The use of lasers, light sources, and radiofrequency devices in Asian patients differs from their use in Caucasians in several respects...
- A randomised, placebo controlled trial of low level laser therapy for activated Achilles tendinitis with microdialysis measurement of peritendinous prostaglandin E2 concentrationsJ M Bjordal
Physiotherapy Science, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Br J Sports Med 40:76-80; discussion 76-80. 2006b>Low level laser therapy (LLLT) has gained increasing popularity in the management of tendinopathy and arthritis...
- Efficacy of low level laser therapy in reducing postoperative pain after endodontic surgery-- a randomized double blind clinical studyM B Kreisler
Department of Oral Surgery, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 33:38-41. 2004..05). Low level laser therapy can be beneficial for the reduction of postoperative pain...
- Low level laser therapy (LLLT) decreases pulmonary microvascular leakage, neutrophil influx and IL-1beta levels in airway and lung from rat subjected to LPS-induced inflammationF Aimbire
Instituto de Pesquisa and Desenvolvimento IP and D, Universidade do Vale do Paraiba UNIVAP, Av Shishima Hifumi, 2911, CEP 12244 000, Sao Jose dos Campos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Inflammation 31:189-97. 2008b>Low level laser therapy (LLLT) is a known anti-inflammatory therapy. Herein we studied the effect of LLLT on lung permeability and the IL-1beta level in LPS-induced pulmonary inflammation...
- Low level laser therapy does not modulate the outcomes of a highly bioactive glass-ceramic (Biosilicate) on bone consolidation in ratsPoliani Oliveira
Department of Physiotherapy, Federal University of Sao Carlos, Sao Carlos, SP, Brazil
J Mater Sci Mater Med 21:1379-84. 2010The main purpose of the present work was to evaluate if low level laser therapy (LLLT) can improve the effects of novel fully-crystallized glass-ceramic (Biosilicate) on bone consolidation in tibial defects of rats...
- Effects of low-level He-Ne laser irradiation on the gene expression of IL-1beta, TNF-alpha, IFN-gamma, TGF-beta, bFGF, and PDGF in rat's gingivaSeyed Mohammadreza Safavi
Center for Dental Research, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Evin, Tehran 19834, Iran
Lasers Med Sci 23:331-5. 2008..These findings suggest that low-level He-Ne laser irradiation decreases the amount of inflammation and accelerates the wound healing process by changing the expression of genes responsible for the production of inflammatory cytokines...
- Effect of low level laser therapy on the repair of bone defects grafted with inorganic bovine boneAntonio Luiz Barbosa Pinheiro
Laser Center, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Braz Dent J 14:177-81. 2003..We conclude that LLLT had a positive effect on the repair of bone defects implanted with inorganic bovine bone...
- High fluence low-power laser irradiation induces mitochondrial permeability transition mediated by reactive oxygen speciesShengnan Wu
MOE Key Laboratory of Laser Life Science and Institute of Laser Life Science, South China Normal University, Guangzhou, China
J Cell Physiol 218:603-11. 2009..Furthermore, there existed a secondary signaling pathway through Bax activation. The observed link between MPT and triggering ROS could be a fundamental phenomenon in HF-LPLI-induced cell apoptosis...
- Clinic-epidemiological evaluation of ulcers in patients with leprosy sequelae and the effect of low level laser therapy on wound healing: a randomized clinical trialJosafá G Barreto
Dermato Immunology Laboratory UEPA UFPA Marcello Candia, Marituba, Para, Brazil
BMC Infect Dis 10:237. 2010..characteristics of patients attended at one specialized dressing service from a leprosy-endemic region of the Brazilian Amazon and to evaluate the effect of low level laser therapy (LLLT) on wound healing of these patients.
- Low level laser therapy (LLLT) as an effective therapeutic modality for delayed wound healingD Hawkins
Faculty of Health, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1056:486-93. 2005b>Low level laser therapy (LLLT) is a form of phototherapy that involves the application of low power monochromatic and coherent light to injuries and lesions. It has been used successfully to induce wound healing in nonhealing defects...
- Low level laser therapy in acute dehiscence saphenectomy: therapeutic proposalNathali Cordeiro Pinto
Service of Laser Medical Center, Heart Institute InCor HC Faculty of Medicine of the Universitof São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Rev Bras Cir Cardiovasc 24:88-91. 2009..On the 30th postoperative day only Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) was applied punctually around surgical wounds edge...
- Low level laser therapy partially restores trachea muscle relaxation response in rats with tumor necrosis factor alpha-mediated smooth airway muscle dysfunctionF Aimbire
Institute of Research and Development IP and D UNIVAP Av, Shsima Hifumi 2911, 12240 000 São Jose dos Campos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lasers Surg Med 38:773-8. 2006..to relax airway smooth muscles in asthma and other inflammatory airways disorders can be influenced by low level laser therapy (LLLT) irradiation...
- Investigation of mast cells in human gingiva following low-intensity laser irradiationL B Silveira
IPEN CNEN SP, Cidade Universitaria, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 26:315-21. 2008..The aims of the present study were to investigate the effect of low-intensity laser irradiation on the total number of mast cells as well as the percentage of degranulation in human gingiva. Blood vessel dilation was also evaluated...
- Effectiveness and safety of transcranial laser therapy for acute ischemic strokeJustin A Zivin
Department of Neurosciences, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Stroke 40:1359-64. 2009..The NeuroThera Effectiveness and Safety Trial-2 (NEST-2) tested the safety and efficacy of TLT in acute ischemic stroke...
- Low-level laser irradiation promotes proliferation and differentiation of human osteoblasts in vitroA Stein
Department of Zoology, The George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Photomed Laser Surg 23:161-6. 2005..The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of low-level laser irradiation on proliferation and differentiation of a human osteoblast cell line...
- A systematic review with procedural assessments and meta-analysis of low level laser therapy in lateral elbow tendinopathy (tennis elbow)Jan M Bjordal
Institute of Physiotherapy, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences, Bergen University College, Moellendalsvn, 6, 5009 Bergen, Norway
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:75. 2008..Recent reviews have indicated that low level level laser therapy (LLLT) is ineffective in lateral elbow tendinopathy (LET) without assessing validity of treatment procedures and doses or the influence of prior steroid injections...
- Effect of low-level laser therapy on the healing of second-degree burns in rats: a histological and microbiological studyMohammad Bayat
Anatomy Department, Medical Faculty, Cell and Molecular Biology Research Center, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, P O Box 19395 4719, Tehran, Iran
J Photochem Photobiol B 78:171-7. 2005..It is concluded that low-level laser therapy of deep second-degree burn caused significant decrease in the number of macrophage and depth of new epidermis. In addition, it decreased incidence of S. epidermidis and S. aureus...
- Efficacy of 904 nm gallium arsenide low level laser therapy in the management of chronic myofascial pain in the neck: a double-blind and randomize-controlled trialAli Gur
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, School of Medicine, Dicle University, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Lasers Surg Med 35:229-35. 2004....
- In vitro study examining the effect of sub-lethal QS 755 nm lasers on the expression of p16INK4a on melanoma cell linesHenry H L Chan
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Lasers Surg Med 32:88-93. 2003..The p16 gene has been proposed as the candidate gene for melanoma. Our objective is to examine the effect of sub-lethal laser damage on p16 expression in melanoma cell lines...
- Photobiological basis and clinical role of low-intensity lasers in biology and medicineG Kesava Reddy
Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
J Clin Laser Med Surg 22:141-50. 2004..Although the therapeutic applications of low intensity laser are imminent, the heterogeneity in treatment protocols and study design calls for a vigilant interpretation of the findings...
- Low-power laser irradiation inhibiting Abeta25-35-induced PC12 cell apoptosis via PKC activationLan Zhang
MOE Key Laboratory of Laser Life Science and Institute of Laser Life Science, South China Normal University, Guangzhou, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 22:215-22. 2008..Taken together, these data clearly indicate that LPLI inhibited Abeta(25-35)-induced PC12 cell apoptosis via PKC-mediated regulation of bax/bcl-xl mRNA ratio...
- Effect of low level laser therapy (830 nm) with different therapy regimes on the process of tissue repair in partial lesion calcaneous tendonFlávia Schlittler Oliveira
Department of Plastic Surgery, Sao Paulo Federal University UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, SP 04024 900, Brazil
Lasers Surg Med 41:271-6. 2009..To assess the effect of low intensity laser therapy on the process of tissue repair in calcaneous tendon after undergoing a partial lesion...
- A systematic review of low level laser therapy with location-specific doses for pain from chronic joint disordersJan M Bjordal
Section of Physiotherapy Science, University of Bergen, Bergen, 5020, Norway
Aust J Physiother 49:107-16. 2003We investigated if low level laser therapy (LLLT) of the joint capsule can reduce pain in chronic joint disorders...
- Low-level laser irradiation attenuates production of reactive oxygen species by human neutrophilsYuji Fujimaki
Department of Hygiene, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Japan
J Clin Laser Med Surg 21:165-70. 2003..The aim of this study was to examine the effects of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) on production of reactive oxygen (ROS) species by human neutrophils...
- In chronic low back pain, low level laser therapy combined with exercise is more beneficial than exercise alone in the long term: a randomised trialGholamreza Esmaeeli Djavid
Academic Center for Education, Culture and Research, Iran
Aust J Physiother 53:155-60. 2007Is low level laser therapy an effective adjuvant intervention for chronic low back pain?
- Activation of latent TGF-beta1 by low-power laser in vitro correlates with increased TGF-beta1 levels in laser-enhanced oral wound healingPraveen R Arany
Molecular Reproduction Development and Genetics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Wound Repair Regen 15:866-74. 2007..05). Low-power laser irradiation is capable of activating the latent TGF-beta1 complex in vitro and its expression pattern in vivo suggests that TGF-beta play a central role in mediating the accelerated healing response...
- Effect of In-Ga-Al-P diode laser irradiation on angiogenesis in partial ruptures of Achilles tendon in ratsAna C B Salate
Department of Physiotherapy, Federal University of Sao Carlos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 23:470-5. 2005..This study was conducted to analyze the effect of different irradiances of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) on angiogenesis after partial rupture of Achilles tendon of rats...
- Effects of 904-nm low-level laser therapy in the management of lateral epicondylitis: a randomized controlled trialLiz Kit Yin Lam
Physiotherapy Department, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong
Photomed Laser Surg 25:65-71. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of 904-nm low-level laser therapy (LLLT) in the management of lateral epicondylitis...
- In vivo effects of low level laser therapy on inducible nitric oxide synthaseYumi Moriyama
Ontario Cancer Institute, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
Lasers Surg Med 41:227-31. 2009b>Low level laser therapy (LLLT) has been demonstrated to modulate inflammatory processes with evidence suggesting that treatment protocol, such as wavelength, total energy, and number of treatments determine the clinical efficacy...
- Low-level laser therapy (GaAs lambda = 904 nm) reduces inflammatory cell migration in mice with lipopolysaccharide-induced peritonitisFernanda Correa
University Nove Julho, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 25:245-9. 2007..This study was designed to study the effect of an infrared low-level laser (GaAs lambda = 904 nm, 4 mW) on inflammatory cell migration in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced peritonitis in mice...
- Cell growth modulation of human cells irradiated in vitro with low-level laser therapyMaddalena Mognato
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Padova, Italy
Photomed Laser Surg 22:523-6. 2004..Our attention was focused on the combination of the two laser emissions as it could have a synergic effect greater than the single emission applied separately...
- Effect of low-power laser irradiation on cell growth and procollagen synthesis of cultured fibroblastsAymann Nassif Pereira
Department of Stomatology, School of Dentistry, University of São Paulo SP, Brazil 05508 900
Lasers Surg Med 31:263-7. 2002..This in vitro study focuses on the biostimulation of NIH-3T3 fibroblasts by a low-power Ga-As-pulsed laser...
- Low-energy laser irradiation promotes the survival and cell cycle entry of skeletal muscle satellite cellsGavriella Shefer
Department of Animal Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, P O Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Cell Sci 115:1461-9. 2002..These findings implicate regulation of these factors as part of the protective role of LELI against apoptosis. Taken together, our findings are of critical importance in attempts to improve muscle regeneration following injury...
- Randomized controlled trial on low level laser therapy (LLLT) in the treatment of osteoarthritis (OA) of the handLucie Brosseau
School of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8M5, Canada
Lasers Surg Med 36:210-9. 2005b>Low level laser therapy (LLLT) offers promising symptomatic relief of osteoarthritic (OA) pain. We examined efficacy of active LLLT versus sham LLLT on finger joints and three superficial nerves.
- Low level laser therapy (LLLT): a new paradigm in the management of cancer therapy-induced mucositis ?Rene Jean Bensadoun
Department of Radiation Oncology, Centre Antoine Lacassagne, Nice Cedex, France
Indian J Med Res 124:375-8. 2006
- Low-level laser therapy induces dose-dependent reduction of TNFalpha levels in acute inflammationF Aimbire
Research Group of Fluorescence, IP and D UNIVAP R Shishima Hifumi, Sao Jose dos Campos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 24:33-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate if low-level laser therapy (LLLT) can modulate acute inflammation and tumor necrosis factor (TNFalpha) levels...
- Helium-neon laser in viability of random skin flap in ratsCarlos E Pinfildi
Department of Plastic Surgery, Sao Paulo Federal University Unifesp EPM, Aracaju Street 1352, São Paulo 15801 0250, Brazil
Lasers Surg Med 37:74-7. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine the role of helium-neon (He-Ne) laser random skin flap viability in rats...
- Low-level laser therapy for wound healing: mechanism and efficacyWilliam Posten
Department of Dermatology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Dermatol Surg 31:334-40. 2005..Given the recent interest in light-emitting diode (LED) photomodulation and minimally invasive nonablative laser therapies, it is timely to investigate reports that low-level laser therapy (LLLT) may have utility in wound healing...
- Effects of low-power laser radiation on mice immunityE G Novoselova
Institute of Cell Biophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino Scientific Centre, Moscow Region, Russia
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 22:33-8. 2006..To study of the possible side effects of laser immunotherapy we monitored the productions of cytokines, nitric oxide (NO), and heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70) in mice subjected to a periodic laser exposure for 1 month...
- Low-level laser therapy decreases levels of lung neutrophils anti-apoptotic factors by a NF-kappaB dependent mechanismF Aimbire
Institute of Research and Development IP and D UNIVAP Av Shishima Hifumi, 2911, CEP 12244 000, Sao Jose dos Campos SP, Brazil
Int Immunopharmacol 8:603-5. 2008..5 J/cm(2). The Bcl-xL and A1 mRNA levels in neutrophils were evaluated by Real Time-PCR (RT-PCR). The animals were irradiated after exposure time of LPS...
- Single cell analysis of PKC activation during proliferation and apoptosis induced by laser irradiationXuejuan Gao
Institute of Laser Life Science, South China Normal University, Guangzhou, China, and Wellman Laboratories of Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
J Cell Physiol 206:441-8. 2006..However, PKCs activity decreases during cell apoptosis induced by high fluence LPLI. Our results indicate that PKCs play an important role in the laser irradiation-induced biological effects...
- Low-level laser therapy for zymosan-induced arthritis in rats: Importance of illumination timeAna P Castano
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Lasers Surg Med 39:543-50. 2007..For all indications (including arthritis) the optimum optical parameters have been difficult to establish and so far are unknown...
- Low-intensity laser irradiation stimulates bone nodule formation via insulin-like growth factor-I expression in rat calvarial cellsNoriyoshi Shimizu
Department of Orthodontics, Nihon University School of Dentistry, 1 8 13 Kanda, Surugadai, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo101 8310, Japan
Lasers Surg Med 39:551-9. 2007..However, the mechanisms of irradiation are unclear. Thus, we attempted to determine the responsibility of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I for the action observed...
- The effect of low level laser irradiation on adult human adipose derived stem cellsB Mvula
Laser Research Group, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Johannesburg, PO Box 17011, Doornfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa
Lasers Med Sci 23:277-82. 2008..These results indicate that 5 J/cm(2) of laser irradiation can positively affect human adipose stem cells by increasing cellular viability, proliferation, and expression of beta1-integrin...
- Effect of low level laser therapy in rheumatoid arthritis patients with carpal tunnel syndromeAyse Ekim
Osmangazi University, Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation, Eskisehir, Turkey
Swiss Med Wkly 137:347-52. 2007the aim of the present study was to evaluate the efficacy of low level laser therapy (LLLT) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) with carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS).
- Ablative facial resurfacingDeborshi Roy
Department of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Dermatol Clin 23:549-59,viii. 2005..This article discusses the three most common modalities used in ablative facial resurfacing: chemical peels, dermabrasion, and laser resurfacing. Indications, mechanism of action, techniques, results, and complications all are reviewed...
- Low power laser irradiation alters gene expression of olfactory ensheathing cells in vitroKimberly R Byrnes
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Lasers Surg Med 37:161-71. 2005..However, neither the combination of these two therapies nor the effect of light on OECs has been reported. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of light on OEC activity in vitro...
- Irradiation at 780 nm increases proliferation rate of osteoblasts independently of dexamethasone presenceNeusa A Fujihara
Department of Oral Pathology, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil 05508 900
Lasers Surg Med 38:332-6. 2006..We have previously shown that phototherapy increases cell growth and impairs protein secretion of fibroblasts. Our objective was to study the effect of phototherapy on osteoblast-like cells in culture treated with dexamethasone...
- Cutaneous immunological activation elicited by a low-fluence pulsed dye laserT Omi
Department of Dermatology, Queen s Square Medical Centre, Yokohama, Japan
Br J Dermatol 153:57-62. 2005..In this study, we investigated immunological changes elicited by laser irradiation at the ultrastructural level and by analysis of interleukin (IL)-2 and IL-4 mRNA in skin homing T lymphocytes...
- Low-energy laser irradiation increases endothelial cell proliferation, migration, and eNOS gene expression possibly via PI3K signal pathwayChung Huang Chen
Institute of Biomedical Science, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Lasers Surg Med 40:46-54. 2008....
- Low-level laser irradiation modulates matrix metalloproteinase activity and gene expression in porcine aortic smooth muscle cellsLilach Gavish
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Lasers Surg Med 38:779-86. 2006..The current study was designed to determine the effects of LLLI on arterial SMC proliferation, inflammatory markers, and matrix proteins...
- Anti-inflammatory effect of low-level laser and light-emitting diode in zymosan-induced arthritisNúbia Cristina Rodrigues de Morais
Laboratory of Inflammation, Institute of Research and Development, University of Vale do Paraiba, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 28:227-32. 2010..The aim of this work was to investigate the effect of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) and light-emitting diode (LED) on formation of edema, increase in vascular permeability, and articular joint hyperalgesia in zymosan-induced arthritis...
- Evaluation of mitochondrial respiratory chain activity in wound healing by low-level laser therapyPaulo C L Silveira
Laboratorio de Fisiologia e Bioquimica do Exercicio, Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, 88806 000 Criciuma, SC, Brazil
J Photochem Photobiol B 86:279-82. 2007..More studies are being carried out in order to evaluate other mitochondrial enzymes activities after different doses and irradiation time of low-level laser...
- Low level laser therapy (LLLT): attenuation of cholinergic hyperreactivity, beta(2)-adrenergic hyporesponsiveness and TNF-alpha mRNA expression in rat bronchi segments in E. coli lipopolysaccharide-induced airway inflammation by a NF-kappaB dependent mechF Mafra de Lima
Institute of Research and Development IP and D, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lasers Surg Med 41:68-74. 2009..other inflammatory disorders, such as acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), can be influenced by low level laser therapy (LLLT) irradiation...
- Placebo-controlled randomized clinical trial of the effect two different low-level laser therapies (LLLT)--intraoral and extraoral--on trismus and facial swelling following surgical extraction of the lower third molarMutan Hamdi Aras
Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Gaziantep University, Gaziantep, Turkey
Lasers Med Sci 25:641-5. 2010..0 +/- 6.2 mm). This study demonstrates that extraoral LLLT is more effective than intraoral LLLT for the reduction of postoperative trismus and swelling after extraction of the lower third molar...
- Effect of low-level laser irradiation and epidermal growth factor on adult human adipose-derived stem cellsB Mvula
Laser Research Group, Faculty of Health Science, University of Johannesburg, Doornfontein, Johannesburg, 2028, South Africa
Lasers Med Sci 25:33-9. 2010..The results indicate that low-level laser irradiation in combination with EGF enhances the proliferation and maintenance of ADSCs in vitro...
- Neodymium-doped yttrium-aluminium-garnet laser irradiation abolishes the increase in interleukin-6 levels caused by peptidoglycan through the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway in human pulp cellsHideki Shiba
Department of Periodontal Medicine, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
J Endod 35:373-6. 2009....
- Increased fibroblast proliferation induced by light emitting diode and low power laser irradiationElke M Vinck
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy, Ghent University, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Lasers Med Sci 18:95-9. 2003..As Light Emitting Diode (LED) devices are commercially introduced as an alternative for Low Level Laser (LLL) Therapy, the ability of LED in influencing wound healing processes at cellular level was examined...
- Efficacy of low-level laser therapy in the management of stage III decubitus ulcers: a prospective, observer-blinded multicentre randomised clinical trialC Lucas
Dept Research and Innovation, University of Professional Education, Hogeschool van Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Lasers Med Sci 18:72-7. 2003..72). The patients' Norton scores did not change during the treatment period. In this trial we found no evidence that justifies using low-level laser therapy as an adjuvant to the consensus decubitus ulcer treatment...
- Low level light effects on inflammatory cytokine production by rheumatoid arthritis synoviocytesMaki Yamaura
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Lasers Surg Med 41:282-90. 2009..The objectives of this study were to determine whether LLLT decreased production of pro-inflammatory cytokines by cells from RA joints, and, if so, to identify cellular mechanisms...
- Effect of low level helium-neon (He-Ne) laser therapy in the prevention & treatment of radiation induced mucositis in head & neck cancer patientsG Arun Maiya
Departments of Physiotherapy, Manipal College of Allied Health Sciences, Kasturba Medical College, MAHE University, Manipal, India
Indian J Med Res 124:399-402. 2006..Therefore the present study was carried out to find out the effect of low-level helium-neon (He-Ne) laser in the prevention and treatment of radiation induced mucositis in head and neck cancer patients...
- Low level laser therapy for treatment of primary and secondary Raynaud's phenomenonM Al-Awami
Department of Medical Angiology, University of Vienna, Austria
Vasa 33:25-9. 2004..In view of these findings, we have proceeded with a double blind, placebo-controlled study...
- Low Level Laser Therapy--a conservative approach to the burn scar?Karin Gaida
Department of Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery, Burn Unit, Division of Surgery, University of Vienna, Austria
Burns 30:362-7. 2004..Since patients keep asking for Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) and believe in its effectiveness on burn scars, and since former studies show contradictory ..
- Low-level laser irradiation promotes the recovery of atrophied gastrocnemius skeletal muscle in ratsJiro Nakano
Unit of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Sciences, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki 852 8052, Japan
Exp Physiol 94:1005-15. 2009..The results of this study suggest that LLL irradiation can promote recovery from disuse muscle atrophy in association with proliferation of satellite cells and angiogenesis...
- Use of low-energy laser as adjunct treatment of alcohol addictionJadwiga Zalewska-Kaszubska
Department of Pharmacodynamics, Medical University, Muszynskiego 1, 90 151 Lodz, Poland
Lasers Med Sci 19:100-4. 2004..Improvement in BDI-FS and increase in, beta-endorphin level were observed. These results suggest that laser therapy can be useful as an adjunct treatment for alcoholism...
- Low level laser irradiation stimulates mitochondrial membrane potential and disperses subnuclear promyelocytic leukemia proteinLilach Gavish
Department of Molecular Virology, The Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Lasers Surg Med 35:369-76. 2004....
- Low level laser therapy in primary Raynaud's phenomenon--results of a placebo controlled, double blind intervention studyMirko Hirschl
Department of Angiology, Hanusch Hospital, Heinrich Collinstrasse 30, A 1140 Vienna, Austria
J Rheumatol 31:2408-12. 2004To assess the efficacy of low level laser therapy in patients with primary Raynaud's phenomenon and predict the success of laser therapy by clinical characteristics.
- Effects of helium-neon laser on levels of stress protein and arthritic histopathology in experimental osteoarthritisYueh Shuang Lin
Kun Shan University of Technology, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 83:758-65. 2004..To investigate the effect of low-power laser therapy on levels of stress proteins (SPs) in experimental arthritis and their relation to the bioeffects on arthritic cartilage repair...
- The efficacy of laser therapy in wound repair: a meta-analysis of the literatureLynda D Woodruff
Department of Physical Therapy, North Georgia College and State University, Dahlonega, Georgia, USA
Photomed Laser Surg 22:241-7. 2004..We determined the overall effects of laser therapy on tissue healing by aggregating the literature and subjecting studies meeting the inclusion and exclusion criteria to statistical meta-analysis...
- Effects of laser irradiation on collagen organization in chemically induced degenerative annulus fibrosus of lumbar intervertebral discNatalia Ignatieva
Department of Chemistry, M V Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
Lasers Surg Med 40:422-32. 2008..The objective of this study was to evaluate the role of the main matrix components in laser modification of annulus fibrosus (AF) under IR laser irradiation...
- Treatment of experimentally induced transient cerebral ischemia with low energy laser inhibits nitric oxide synthase activity and up-regulates the expression of transforming growth factor-beta 1Mason C P Leung
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong rsmcpleung edu hk
Lasers Surg Med 31:283-8. 2002..The present study investigates the effects of low energy laser on nitric oxide synthase (NOS) and TGF-beta1 activities after cerebral ischemia and reperfusion injury...
- Low-level laser therapy can reduce lipopolysaccharide-induced contractile force dysfunction and TNF-alpha levels in rat diaphragm muscleF Aimbire
Research Group of Animal Experimental, IP and D UNIVAP R Shishima Hifumi, 2911, 12240 000, Sao Jose dos Campos, SP, Brazil
Lasers Med Sci 21:238-44. 2006..1 N vs LPS+LLLT: 18.84+/-0.73 N, P<0.05). In addition, this dose of LLLT and CPZ significantly (P<0.05 and P<0.01, respectively) reduced TNF-alpha concentrations in diaphragm muscle when compared to the untreated control group...
- The effects of low laser irradiation on angiogenesis in injured rat tibiaeI Garavello
Department of Semiconductors Instruments, Institute of Biology, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas SP, Brazil
Histol Histopathol 19:43-8. 2004..Molecular mechanisms involved in low-level laser therapy of angiogenesis in post-traumatic bone regeneration needs further investigation...
- A randomized trial to determine the influence of laser therapy, monopolar radiofrequency treatment, and intense pulsed light therapy administered immediately after hyaluronic acid gel implantationMitchel P Goldman
La Jolla Spa MD, 7630 Fay Avenue, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Dermatol Surg 33:535-42. 2007..This study was designed to evaluate whether these therapies could be safely administered immediately after hyaluronic acid gel treatment without compromising the effect of the dermal filler...
- Management of injected hyaluronic acid induced Tyndall effectsRanella J Hirsch
Skincare Doctors, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Lasers Surg Med 38:202-4. 2006..Soft tissue augmentation represents a cosmetic procedure performed with increasing frequency...
- Facial rejuvenation and light: our personal experienceMario A Trelles
Instituto Medico Vilafortuny, Antoni de Gimbernat Foundation, Cambrils, Spain
Lasers Med Sci 22:93-9. 2007....
- Collagen birefringence in skin repair in response to red polarized-laser therapyDaniela de Fátima Teixeira da Silva
IPEN CNEN SP, Instituto de Pesquisas Energéticas e Nucleares Comissão, Nacional de Energia Nuclear SP, Centro de Lasers e Aplicacoes, CEP 05508 000, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Biomed Opt 11:024002. 2006....
- Lasers, light sources, and radiofrequency devices for skin rejuvenationVic A Narurkar
Bay Area Laser Institute, San Francisco, CA, USA
Semin Cutan Med Surg 25:145-50. 2006
- Ultrastructural and autoradiographical analysis show a faster skin repair in He-Ne laser-treated woundsCarlos E N de Araújo
Department of Cell and Development Biology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Av Lineu Prestes, 1524, 05508 000 Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Photochem Photobiol B 86:87-96. 2007..05). These results suggest that laser radiation may accelerate cutaneous wound healing in a murine model...
- Laser-induced transepidermal elimination of dermal content by fractional photothermolysisBasil M Hantash
Reliant Technologies, Incorporated, Mountain View, California 94043, USA
J Biomed Opt 11:041115. 2006....
- Nd:YAG laser biostimulation of bisphosphonate-associated necrosis of the jawbone with and without surgical treatmentPaolo Vescovi
Sezione di Odontostomatologia, Dipartimento di Scienze Otorino Odonto Oftalmologiche e Cervico Facciali, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Via Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 45:628-32. 2007....
- Bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis (BON) of the jaws: a possible treatment?Paolo Vescovi
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 64:1460-2. 2006
- Novel Optical System for Early Cervical Cancer DetectionRoger McNichols; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such a probe would be useful in detecting epithelial cancers in other easily accessible sites in the body including the urinary tract, bladder, gastro-intestinal tract, colon, and oral cavity. ..
- Percutaneous Vertebroplasty w/MR-Guided Laser AblationRoger McNichols; Fiscal Year: 2005..In conjunction with interventional radiologists at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas, we will then evaluate the procedure in a small human clinical study. ..
- INTERACTIVE IMAGE GUIDED CLOSED LOOP THERMAL THERAPYRoger McNichols; Fiscal Year: 2007..This combination of stereotactic laser thermal therapy with real-time MRI will facilitate an unprecedented integration of the diagnostic and therapeutic environments. ..
- Photothermal Imaging of Live CellsVladimir Zharov; Fiscal Year: 2008..The technical realization of PTI is relatively simple, requiring the combination of conventional optical phase-contrast microscopy and the already routinely used nanosecond laser. ..
- Photothermal Evaluation of Drug Toxicity at Cell LevelVladimir Zharov; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Integrated optical imaging rat of mesenteryVladimir Zharov; Fiscal Year: 2004..The technical realization of this new imaging system is relatively simple, combining transmission microscopy and laser technique already routinely in use. ..
- Integrated Photothermal NanoprobesVladimir Zharov; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of these studies will also make it possible to formulate recommendations on the desired properties of new, clustered nanomaterials for medical applications. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation to Improve SpeechMargaret A Naeser; Fiscal Year: 2010..The number of people with aphasia in the U.S. today is estimated to be 1 million;80,000 new cases each year. This research has direct clinical relevance for aphasia patients. ..
- Breast Tissue ablation by Conductive HeatingGal Shafirstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..It can also be applied, through further research, to other types of cancers (e.g. lung, kidney, head and neck) that involve surgical resection of solid tumors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Port wine stain treatment for infants and young childrenGuillermo Aguilar; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ultimately, the combination of research, coursework, and clinic experience, will provide the applicant with the preparation to launch an independent and successful research career in biomedical engineering. ..
- Macrophage Targeted Photodynamic TherapyMICHAEL HAMBLIN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Ultraviolet-C Therapy for OnychomycosisMICHAEL HAMBLIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LASER TATTOO REMOVAL SYSTEM USING DERMAL CLEARING AGENTRoger McNichols; Fiscal Year: 2005..The envisioned product is an agent/ applicator combination, which would be sold as a preparative accessory for appropriate dermatological laser procedures. ..
- Image Guided Thermal Therapy for Prostate CancerRoger McNichols; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Experimental Intracerebral HemorrhageJustin Zivin; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies may provide insights about the causes of bleeding and neurological tissue damage that should be helpful in designing even more effective stroke therapies. ..
- NIR-LED Treatment for Parkinson's DiseaseHARRY WHELAN; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Novel Optical Probe for Oral and Dental Tissue ScreeningRoger McNichols; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..