Genomes and Genes
Summary: The surgical cutting of a bone. (Dorland, 28th ed)
Publications387 found, 100 shown here
- The long-term outcome of high tibial osteotomy: a ten- to 20-year follow-upS Akizuki
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nagano Matsushiro General Hospital, 183 Matsushiro, Nagano City 381 1231, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Br 90:592-6. 2008We carried out a prospective study of 132 patients (159 knees) who underwent closed-wedge high tibial osteotomy for severe medial compartment osteoarthritis between 1988 and 1997...
- Radiographic evaluation of dental implants placed using an osteotome techniqueB Leblebicioglu
Section of Periodontology, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43218, USA
J Periodontol 76:385-90. 2005..The aim of this study was to radiographically evaluate bone formation around dental implant surfaces exposed to the space created at the sinus floor without the presence of any graft material...
- Osteotome sinus floor elevation and simultaneous placement of implants--a 1-year retrospective study with Astra Tech implantsRobert Fermergård
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Västervik Hospital, Västervik, Sweden
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 10:62-9. 2008..The most common technique used is to elevate the sinus floor by inserting a bone graft through a window opened in the lateral antral wall, although less invasive techniques with osteotomes have been used since 1994...
- Subtrochanteric shortening and derotational osteotomy in primary total hip arthroplasty for patients with severe hip dysplasia: 5-year follow-upJohn L Masonis
London Health Sciences Center, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Arthroplasty 18:68-73. 2003..primary hip arthroplasties were performed in Crowe grade 3 or 4 hip dysplasia using a subtrochanteric shortening osteotomy. Average patient age was 48.2 years. Average follow-up was 5.8 years (minimum, 2 years)...
- Patellar height and tibial slope after opening-wedge proximal tibial osteotomy: a prospective studyRobert F LaPrade
Division of Sports Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, 2450 Riverside Avenue South, R200, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Am J Sports Med 38:160-70. 2010..has been reported to have a more difficult surgical exposure due to decreased patellar height after the osteotomy. Although a decrease in patellar height has been reported for closing-wedge proximal tibial osteotomies, it has ..
- Total hip arthroplasty with shortening subtrochanteric osteotomy in Crowe type-IV developmental dysplasiaAaron J Krych
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:2213-21. 2009..The purpose of this paper was to evaluate the results of cementless arthroplasty with a simultaneous subtrochanteric shortening osteotomy in a group of patients with Crowe type-IV developmental dysplasia of the hip.
- Long-term survival of high tibial osteotomy for medial compartment osteoarthritis of the kneeCatherine Hui
North Sydney Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Centre, Sydney, Australia
Am J Sports Med 39:64-70. 2011..Surgical treatment options include high tibial osteotomy (HTO), unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, and total knee arthroplasty.
- Rotational acetabular osteotomy in patients forty-six years of age or older: comparison with younger patientsY Yasunaga
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, Kasumi, Minami Ku, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Am 85:266-72. 2003Satisfactory intermediate and long-term results of periacetabular rotational osteotomy for early osteoarthritis secondary to dysplasia of the hip have been reported for patients in the third and fourth decades of life...
- Effect of human parathyroid hormone hPTH (1-34) applied at different regimes on fracture healing and muscle in ovariectomized and healthy ratsMarina Komrakova
Department of Trauma Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Goettingen, Robert Koch 40, 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Bone 47:480-92. 2010..Five-month old rats underwent bilateral transverse metaphyseal osteotomy of tibia and were divided into groups (12 rats each)...
- Osteogenic gene regulation and relative acceleration of healing by adenoviral-mediated transfer of human BMP-2 or -6 in equine osteotomy and ostectomy modelsAkikazu Ishihara
Comparative Orthopedic Research Laboratories, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Ohio State University, 601 Tharp Street, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Orthop Res 26:764-71. 2008..This study demonstrated a greater relative potency of Ad-BMP-2 over Ad-BMP-6 in accelerating osteotomy healing when administered in this regimen, although both genes were effective at increasing bone at both ..
- Periacetabular osteotomy in patients fifty years of age or olderTakeshi Teratani
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, 7 45 1 Nanakuma, Jonan ku, Fukuoka 814 0180, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Am 92:31-41. 2010Periacetabular osteotomy has been established as an effective treatment for early or mild osteoarthritis caused by developmental dysplasia of the hip...
- Cementless modular total hip arthroplasty with subtrochanteric shortening osteotomy for hips with developmental dysplasiaMasaki Takao
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:548-55. 2011..analyze the functional and radiographic results of cementless, modular total hip arthroplasty combined with subtrochanteric osteotomy for the treatment of patients who had had Crowe Group-IV developmental dysplasia of the hip as a child.
- High tibial valgus osteotomy in unicompartmental medial osteoarthritis of the knee: a retrospective follow-up study over 13-21 yearsAlex Schallberger
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hopital Cantonal Fribourg, 1708 Fribourg, Switzerland
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 19:122-7. 2011High tibial osteotomy is a well-established method for the treatment of medial unicompartmental osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Osteotome sinus floor elevation using Choukroun's platelet-rich fibrin as grafting material: a 1-year prospective pilot study with microthreaded implantsAntoine Diss
LASIO, Odontology Faculty, Nice University, France
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 105:572-9. 2008....
- Vancomycin-modified implant surface inhibits biofilm formation and supports bone-healing in an infected osteotomy model in sheep: a proof-of-concept studySuzanne Stewart
Department of Clinical Studies, New Bolton Center, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Kennett Square, PA 19348, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 94:1406-15. 2012..We hypothesized that surface modification of titanium fracture hardware with vancomycin would support bone-healing and prevent bacterial colonization of the implant in a large-animal model...
- Primary stability of various implants in tibial opening wedge osteotomy: a biomechanical studyGunter Spahn
Clinic of Traumatology, Sophienstrasse 16, D 99817 Eisenach, Germany
J Orthop Sci 7:683-7. 2002High tibial osteotomy (HTO) is an established method for treating varus gonarthrosis. The opening wedge HTO has some advantages over the lateral closed wedge technique...
- Fresh-frozen structural allografts in the foot and ankleMark S Myerson
Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 87:113-20. 2005..These grafts were used in order to restore more normal dimensions of the foot and ankle following surgery or trauma and to treat arthritis or deformity in situations in which conventional cancellous graft would not be sufficient...
- Regeneration of degenerated articular cartilage after high tibial valgus osteotomy for medial compartmental osteoarthritis of the kneeTomihisa Koshino
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yokohama City University, School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, 236 0004, Japan
Knee 10:229-36. 2003..The repair of articular cartilage after high tibial valgus osteotomy for medial compartmental osteoarthritis was observed in 146 knees of 115 patients...
- Immediate implant placement following a modified trephine/osteotome approach: success rates of 116 implants to 4 years in functionPaul A Fugazzotto
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 17:113-20. 2002..A technique is presented which utilizes a trephine with a 3.0-mm external diameter followed by an osteotome to implode a core of maxillary posterior alveolar bone prior to immediate implant placement...
- High tibial osteotomy for medial compartment osteoarthritisG S E Dowd
Department of Orthopaedics, Royal Free Hospital, Pond Street, London NW3 2QG, UK
Knee 13:87-92. 2006..A high tibial osteotomy has been found to be quite an effective procedure for this condition in the past...
- The effect of micromovement on callus formationT Yamaji
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fujita Health University, 3-6-10 Otobashi, Nakagawa-ku, Nagoya 454-8509, Japan
J Orthop Sci 6:571-5. 2001..A standardized transverse osteotomy, in the right metatarsus of 32 sheep, was used as a fracture model...
- Is extended trochanteric osteotomy safe for use in 2-stage revision of periprosthetic hip infection?Seung Jae Lim
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
J Arthroplasty 26:1067-71. 2011To evaluate the safety of using extended trochanteric osteotomy (ETO) in a 2-stage revision of periprosthetic hip infection, we performed a retrospective review of 23 patients using ETO in the revision of infected hip arthroplasty and ..
- Transosseous application of low-intensity ultrasound for the enhancement and monitoring of fracture healing process in a sheep osteotomy modelKonstantinos N Malizos
Department of Orthopaedics, Medical School, University of Thessaly, GR 412 22 Larissa, Greece
Bone 38:530-9. 2006..A midshaft tibial osteotomy model was used on 40 skeletally mature sheep, and an external fixator was applied to maintain the reduction and ..
- Rotational acetabular osteotomy for hip dysplasia: 61 hips followed for 8-15 yearsYuji Yasunaga
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Acta Orthop Scand 75:10-5. 2004We operated on 54 patients (61 joints) with rotational acetabular osteotomy (RAO) due to dysplasia of the hip with pre- or early-stage osteoarthritis/arthrosis. The mean follow-up was 11 (8-15) years...
- Factors affecting neurosensory disturbance after mandibular bilateral sagittal split osteotomyL Ylikontiola
Oral and Maxillofacial Department, Oulu University Hospital, Finland
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 58:1234-9; discussion 1239-40. 2000The current study evaluated the incidence of subjective neurosensory disturbances after bilateral sagittal split osteotomy (BSSO) in relation to gender, age, indication for osteotomy, magnitude of mandibular movement, degree of ..
- Periacetabular osteotomy in patients fifty years of age or older: surgical techniqueTakeshi Teratani
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, 7 45 1 Nanakuma, Jonan ku, Fukuoka 814 0180, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:30-9. 2011Periacetabular osteotomy has been established as an effective treatment for early or mild osteoarthritis caused by developmental dysplasia of the hip...
- Patellar height and posterior tibial slope after open- and closed-wedge high tibial osteotomy: a radiological study on 100 patientsHosam El-Azab
Department of Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Hospital Rechts der Isar, Technical University Munich, Connolly st 32, D 80809 Munich, Germany
Am J Sports Med 38:323-9. 2010Valgus high tibial osteotomy (HTO) may be associated with changes in the patellar height and posterior tibial slope.
- Bilateral sagittal split osteotomies and mandibular distraction osteogenesis: a randomized controlled trial comparing skeletal stabilityAndrew Ow
Senior Resident, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Discipline of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Prince Philip Dental Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 109:17-23. 2010To conduct a randomized controlled trial comparing the skeletal stability of bilateral sagittal split osteotomy (BSSO) and mandibular distraction ostoegenesis (MDO) for moderate mandibular advancement.
- Rotational acetabular osteotomy for advanced osteoarthritis secondary to dysplasia of the hipYuji Yasunaga
Department of Artificial Joints and Biomaterials, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Kasumi 1 2 3, Minami Ku, Hiroshima City 734 8551, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:1915-9. 2006Satisfactory intermediate and long-term results of rotational acetabular osteotomy for the treatment of early osteoarthritis secondary to developmental dysplasia of the hip have been reported...
- Eccentric rotational acetabular osteotomy for acetabular dysplasia: follow-up of one hundred and thirty-two hips for five to ten yearsYukiharu Hasegawa
Department of Orthopaedics, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Am 84:404-10. 2002Eccentric rotational acetabular osteotomy for the operative treatment of acetabular dysplasia consists of a spherical but eccentric osteotomy and rotation of the acetabulum that moves the center of rotation of the head of the femur ..
- Intermediate to long-term results following the Bernese periacetabular osteotomy and predictors of clinical outcomeTravis Matheney
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:2113-23. 2009The Bernese periacetabular osteotomy is a commonly used non-arthroplasty option to treat developmental hip dysplasia in symptomatic younger patients...
- Primary stability of four different implants for opening wedge high tibial osteotomyJ D Agneskirchner
Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, Henriettenstiftung Hannover, Germany
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 14:291-300. 2006..number of implant failures have been reported in association with the procedure of open wedge valgus high tibial osteotomy, the initial biomechanical stability of different fixation devices was investigated in this study...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of periacetabular osteotomyEmile Sharifi
School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:1447-56. 2008A lack of long-term outcomes data following periacetabular osteotomy makes it difficult for surgeons to recommend the most appropriate procedure to young patients who might be candidates for a joint-preserving procedure...
- Fractures of distally-fixed femoral stems after revision arthroplastyC A Busch
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, London Health Sciences Centre, University Campus, London, Ontario N65A 5A5, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:1333-6. 2005..014), a smaller diameter of stem (< 13.5 mm; p = 0.007) and the use of an extended trochanteric osteotomy (ETO 4/5: p = 0.028)...
- Evaluation of acetabular versions after a curved periacetabular osteotomy for dysplastic hipsJun Xie
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, 7 45 1 Nanakuma, Jyonan ku, Fukuoka, 814 0180, Japan
Int Orthop 34:473-7. 2010..the early clinical and radiographic findings related to acetabular orientation after a curved periacetabular osteotomy (CPO)...
- Combined high tibial osteotomy decreases biomechanical changes radiologically detectable in the sagittal plane compared with closing-wedge osteotomyMiklós Papp
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Borsod County Teaching Hospital, Miskolc, Hungary
Arthroscopy 25:355-64. 2009....
- Evaluation of mandibular anatomy related to sagittal split ramus osteotomy using 3-dimensional computed tomography scan imagesI H Yu
Department of Dentistry, Taichung Veterans General Hospital College of Dentistry, Yang Ming Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 37:521-8. 2008Sagittal split ramus osteotomy (SSRO) of the mandible is one of the most common surgical techniques to correct mandibular deformities...
- Stability of medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomy: a failure analysisE M Nelissen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Leiden University Hospital LUMC, kamer J11 70, Postbus 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Int Orthop 34:217-23. 2010..05). The overall complication rate in this series was 45%. The majority were related to intrinsic instability at the osteotomy site (24%) and surgical technique (20%). The evaluated spacer provided inadequate stability.
- Extraarticular fractures after periacetabular osteotomyNorman Espinosa
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:1645-51. 2008Extraarticular fractures of the pelvic ring after periacetabular osteotomy could impair stability of the acetabular fragment and cause poor clinical and radiographic outcomes...
- Complications after medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomyBruce S Miller
MedSport, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48106, USA
Arthroscopy 25:639-46. 2009The purpose of this study was to investigate complications of the medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomy (HTO) procedure at our institution.
- Spatial-temporal mapping of bone structural and elastic properties in a sheep model following osteotomyBernd Preininger
Julius Wolff Institute and Center for Musculoskeletal Surgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Ultrasound Med Biol 37:474-83. 2011..investigate microstructural and elastic alterations of mineralized callus and cortical tissue after transverse osteotomy in sheep tibiae...
- Treatment of Crowe IV high hip dysplasia with total hip replacement using the Exeter stem and shortening derotational subtrochanteric osteotomyJ A F Charity
The Hip Unit, Princess Elizabeth Orthopaedic Centre, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital Foundation Trust, Barrack Road, Exeter EX2 5DW, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:34-8. 2011We evaluated all cases involving the combined use of a subtrochanteric derotational femoral shortening osteotomy with a cemented Exeter stem performed at our institution...
- Does high tibial osteotomy affect the success or survival of a total knee replacement?John B Meding
The Center for Hip and Knee Surgery, St Francis Hospital, Mooresville, 1199 Hadley Road, Mooresville, IN 46158, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:1991-4. 2011Whether a previous high tibial osteotomy (HTO) influences the long-term function or survival of a total knee arthroplasty (TKA) is controversial.
- Local inhibition of angiogenesis results in an atrophic non-union in a rat osteotomy modelM Fassbender
Julius Wolff Institute, Center for Musculoskeletal Surgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Eur Cell Mater 22:1-11. 2011..Tibia osteotomy was performed in rats and stabilised with K-wires coated with PDLLA + Fumagillin or with PDLLA only (control ..
- Opening wedge high tibial osteotomy performed without filling the defect but with locking plate fixation (TomoFix™) and early weight-bearing: prospective evaluation of bone union, precision and maintenance of correction in 51 casesT Brosset
Saint Roch Surgical Center, route de Gordes, 84300 Cavaillon, France
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res 97:705-11. 2011A medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomy (HTO), where the osteotomy site is filled, is often preferred to a lateral closing osteotomy, but filling the defect can lead to certain complications.
- Cemented total hip arthroplasty with transverse subtrochanteric shortening osteotomy for Crowe group IV dislocated hipToshiyuki Kawai
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kyoto City Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
J Arthroplasty 26:229-35. 2011A consecutive series of 19 cemented total hip arthroplasties with transverse subtrochanteric shortening osteotomy was performed for Crowe group IV hip, with a mean follow-up of 38 (6-96) months...
- Opening- or closing-wedged high tibial osteotomy: a meta-analysis of clinical and radiological outcomesT O Smith
Faculty of Health, University of East Anglia, UK
Knee 18:361-8. 2011High tibial osteotomy (HTO) has been advocated for the treatment of isolated medial compartment osteoarthritis of the knee. Debate remains over the superiority of performing a medial opening-wedge or lateral closing-wedge HTO...
- Osteotomy of distal radius fracture malunion using a fast remodeling bone substitute consisting of calcium sulphate and calcium phosphateAntonio Abramo
Department of Orthopaedics, Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 92:281-6. 2010Malunion after a distal radius fracture can be treated with an osteotomy of the distal radius. Autologous iliac crest bone graft is often used to fill the gap, but the procedure is associated with donor site morbidity...
- A periacetabular osteotomy for the treatment of severe dysplastic hipsHirotaka Karashima
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, 7 45 1 Nanakuma, Jonan ku, Fukuoka 814 0180, Japan
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:1436-41. 2011We believe a curved periacetabular osteotomy is indicated for treatment of severe dysplastic hips with center-edge angles less than 0°, classified as Severin Group IV-b...
- Opening-wedge high tibial osteotomy with a locked low-profile plateWerner Kolb
Department of Trauma Surgery, Bethesda Hospital, Hohenheimer Strasse 21, 70184 Stuttgart, Germany
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:2581-8. 2009High tibial osteotomy has been recognized as a beneficial treatment for osteoarthritis of the medial compartment of the knee...
- Simultaneous arthroscopic implantation of autologous chondrocytes and high tibial osteotomy for tibial chondral defects in the varus kneeFrancesco Franceschi
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Campus Biomedico University, Via Alvaro del Portillo, 200, 00128 Rome, Italy
Knee 15:309-13. 2008..who underwent arthroscopic implantation of autologous chondrocytes and a medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomy. Eight patients (four men and four women; mean age, 50 years, range: 42 to 58) with chondral defects of the ..
- Finite element analysis of Puddu and Tomofix plate fixation for open wedge high tibial osteotomyRaja Mohd Aizat Raja Izaham
Medical Implant Technology Group, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, 81310 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Injury 43:898-902. 2012The use of open wedge high tibial osteotomy (HTO) to correct varus deformity of the knee is well established. However, the stability of the various implants used in this procedure has not been previously demonstrated...
- Early results of the Bernese periacetabular osteotomy: the learning curve at an academic medical centerChristopher L Peters
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Utah, 590 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:1920-6. 2006Most reports on the results of the Bernese periacetabular osteotomy for the treatment of developmental dysplasia of the hip have been by the originators of the procedure...
- Medial opening wedge high-tibial osteotomy using a kinematic navigation system versus a conventional method: a 1-year retrospective, comparative studySung Jae Kim
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Arthroscopy and Joint Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, CPO Box 8044, 134, Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, South Korea
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 17:128-34. 2009High tibial osteotomy is a realignment procedure to transfer weight-bearing load to the intact compartment of the knee to alleviate symptoms, slow disease progression, and defer subsequent total knee arthroplasty...
- Dental implants placement in conjunction with osteotome sinus floor elevation: a 12-year life-table analysis from a prospective study on 588 ITI implantsNicola Ferrigno
Postgraduate Course in Clinical Implantology and Biomaterials, School of Dental Medicine, University of Chieti, G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Clin Oral Implants Res 17:194-205. 2006..The purpose of this prospective study was to evaluate the clinical success of placing ITI dental implants in the posterior maxilla using the osteotome technique...
- Application of computer-aided design osteotomy template for treatment of cubitus varus deformity in teenagers: a pilot studyYuan Z Zhang
Department of Orthopaedics, the Affiliated Hospital of Inner Mongolia Medical College, Hohhot, China
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 20:51-6. 2011..Anatomically accurate correction is the key to obtaining good functional outcomes after corrective osteotomy. The aim of this study was to attempt to increase the accuracy of treatment by use of 3-dimensional (3D) ..
- Cartilage transplantation techniques for talar cartilage lesionsMatthew E Mitchell
Casper Orthopedic Associates, Casper, WY, USA
J Am Acad Orthop Surg 17:407-14. 2009..have been favorable, but concerns have been raised regarding knee donor site morbidity, the use of malleolar osteotomy, and incomplete restoration of the talar articular surface...
- Role of high tibial osteotomy in chronic injuries of posterior cruciate ligament and posterolateral cornerEugenio Savarese
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, San Carlo Hospital, Potenza, Italy
J Orthop Traumatol 12:1-17. 2011High tibial osteotomy (HTO) is a surgical procedure used to change the mechanical weight-bearing axis and alter the loads carried through the knee...
- Periacetabular osteotomy: a systematic literature reviewJohn C Clohisy
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, One Barnes Jewish Hospital Plaza, Suite 11300 West Pavilion, Campus Box 8233, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 467:2041-52. 2009The Bernese periacetabular osteotomy is commonly used to treat symptomatic acetabular dysplasia...
- Complications after tomofix medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomyKars P Valkering
Red Cross Hospital, 1942 LE Beverwijk, The Netherlands
J Knee Surg 22:218-25. 2009This article describes the complications after medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomy (HTO) with the TomoFix plate. Between June 2003 and July 2005, 40 TomoFix medial opening wedge HTOs were performed...
- A comparison of the effects of ibuprofen and rofecoxib on rabbit fibula osteotomy healingJ Patrick O'Connor
Department of Biochemistry, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ, USA
Acta Orthop 80:597-605. 2009..We compared the effects of ibuprofen and rofecoxib on fibula osteotomy healing in rabbits to determine whether nominal, continuous inhibition of COX-2 with rofecoxib would ..
- The complications of high tibial osteotomy: closing- versus opening-wedge methodsE K Song
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Center for Joint Disease, Chonnam National University, Hwasun Hospital, 160 Ilsimri, Hwasun eup, Hwasun Gun, Jeonnam, South Korea
J Bone Joint Surg Br 92:1245-52. 2010We compared the incidence and severity of complications during and after closing- and opening-wedge high tibial osteotomy used for the treatment of varus arthritis of the knee, and identified the risk factors associated with the ..
- Ulnar shortening osteotomy in idiopathic ulnar impaction syndromeGoo Hyun Baek
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, South Korea
J Bone Joint Surg Am 87:2649-54. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the clinical features of idiopathic ulnar impaction syndrome and the outcomes of ulnar shortening osteotomy for this group of patients.
- High tibial osteotomy with use of the Taylor Spatial Frame external fixator for osteoarthritis of the kneeDarius G Viskontas
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Surgery, London Health Sciences Centre Victoria Campus, University of Western Ontario, London, ON
Can J Surg 49:245-50. 2006High tibial osteotomy (HTO) is used to treat medial compartment osteoarthritis of the knee in active patients with varus alignment...
- Effects of increasing tibial slope on the biomechanics of the kneeJ Robert Giffin
Musculoskeletal Research Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Sports Med 32:376-82. 2004..To determine the effects of increasing anterior-posterior (A-P) tibial slope on knee kinematics and in situ forces in the cruciate ligaments...
- Evaluation of hindfoot dimensions: a radiological studyOlaf Magerkurth
Petersgraben 31, 4051 Basel, Switzerland
Foot Ankle Int 27:612-6. 2006..The purpose of this radiographic study was to define relevant and reproducible measures on lateral hindfoot radiographs and to assess their reliability...
- Osteotomy for congenital elevation of the scapula (Sprengel's deformity)I McMurtry
The Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:986-9. 2005We report 12 consecutive cases of vertical scapular osteotomy to correct Sprengel's deformity, performed during a 16-year period, with a mean follow-up of 10.4 years. The mean increase in abduction of the shoulder was 53 degrees ...
- Hip joint-preserving surgery: beyond the classic osteotomyYoung Jo Kim
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Instr Course Lect 55:145-58. 2006..Advances in surgical techniques such as the periacetabular osteotomy, safe surgical dislocation of the hip, and hip arthroscopy have provided the surgeon with effective and safe ..
- Corticotomy-/osteotomy-assisted tooth movement microCTs differW Lee
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar St, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Dent Res 87:861-7. 2008Corticotomy-assisted and osteotomy-assisted tooth movement involves surgical incisions through the alveolar bone...
- Early dynamization by reduced fixation stiffness does not improve fracture healing in a rat femoral osteotomy modelLutz Claes
Institute of Orthopaedic Research and Biomechanics, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Orthop Res 27:22-7. 2009..reduced stiffness of fixation on callus stiffness and size after 5 weeks of healing in a rat diaphyseal femoral osteotomy. An external unilateral fixator allowed either a rigid (R-group; n = 8) or a flexible (F-group; n = 8) fixation...
- High tibial osteotomy: long term survival analysis and patients' perspectiveWeng Chong Tang
Orthopaedic Research Department, St Vincent s and Mercy Private Hospital, East Melbourne, Vic, 3002, Australia
Knee 12:410-3. 2005High tibial osteotomy has been generally accepted as a useful treatment for unicompartment osteoarthritis of the knee to improve a patient's quality of life. Few studies have examined the outcome from the patient's perspective...
- The effect of closed wedge high tibial osteotomy on tibial slope: a radiographic studyErik Hohmann
Musculoskeletal Research Unit, Central Queensland University, P O Box 4045, Rockhampton, QLD 4700, Australia
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 14:454-9. 2006..0001) decrease of the posterior tibial slope to a mean of 1.2 degrees . The magnitude of HTO in the frontal plane had no significant effect (P=0.739) on the postsurgical posterior tibial slope in the sagittal plane...
- Delayed gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging of cartilage to predict early failure of Bernese periacetabular osteotomy for hip dysplasiaTorin Cunningham
Children s Hospital, Havard Medical School, Boston, Massachusets, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:1540-8. 2006..Pelvic osteotomies such as the Bernese periacetabular osteotomy can improve the mechanics of the joint, but the results are variable and appear to depend on the amount of ..
- The effect of derotational humeral osteotomy on global shoulder function in brachial plexus birth palsyPeter M Waters
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Hunn 2, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:1035-42. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of these procedures on shoulder function and joint morphology...
- Human parathyroid hormone (1-34) accelerates natural fracture healing process in the femoral osteotomy model of cynomolgus monkeysTakeshi Manabe
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa, Japan
Bone 40:1475-82. 2007....
- High tibial osteotomy for osteoarthritis of the knee with varus deformity utilizing the hemicallotasis methodSuguru Ohsawa
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Osaka Rosai Hospital, 1179 3, Sakai shi, 591 8025 Osaka, Japan
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 126:588-93. 2006A hemicallotasis method has been developed utilizing an external fixator as high tibial osteotomy (HTO), and satisfactory results of this method with the external fixator have been reported...
- Bosch osteotomy and scarf osteotomy for hallux valgus correctionNicola Maffulli
Centre for Sports and Exercise Medicine, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Mile End Hospital, 275 Bancroft Road, London E1 4DG, England, UK
Orthop Clin North Am 40:515-24, ix-x. 2009..score, and the Foot and Ankle Outcome Score (FAOS) in 36 patients who underwent a minimal incision subcapital osteotomy of the first metatarsal with 36 matched patients who had hallux valgus corrected by a scarf technique...
- Single-stage closing-opening wedge osteotomy of spine to correct severe post-tubercular kyphotic deformities of the spine: a 3-year follow-up of 17 patientsS Rajasekaran
Department of Orthopaedics and Spine Surgery, Ganga Hospital, 313, Mettupalayam Road, Coimbatore, 641011 Tamil Nadu, India
Eur Spine J 19:583-92. 2010..Here, we describe the procedure and results of closing-opening osteotomy for correction of PTK which shortens the posterior column and opens the anterior column appropriately to correct ..
- Results of high tibial osteotomy: review of the literatureAnnunziato Amendola
Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Iowa Sports Medicine Center, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 200 Hawkins Dr, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Int Orthop 34:155-60. 2010..some issues remain that need resolution; these include the choice between opening or closing wedge tibial osteotomy, the graft selection in opening wedge osteotomies, the type of fixation, the comparison with unicompartmental ..
- The stability of three commercially available implants used in medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomyWilliam O P Dorsey
Division of Sports Medicine, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
J Knee Surg 19:95-8. 2006..This biomechanical study tested three commercially available fixation devices for medial opening wedge high tibial osteotomy (HTO). A medial opening wedge HTO model was created on replicate tibias...
- New bone formation around porous hydroxyapatite wedge implanted in opening wedge high tibial osteotomy in patients with osteoarthritisT Koshino
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yokohama City University, School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Biomaterials 22:1579-82. 2001..was inserted into the tibia in 10 knees of 7 patients with osteoarthritis of the knee who underwent high tibial osteotomy. The interface of this HA wedge with bone was histologically examined in undecalcified specimens obtained at the ..
- Neurosensory function of the inferior alveolar nerve after bilateral sagittal ramus osteotomy: a retrospective study of 68 patientsS Nesari
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, The Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Box 450, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 34:495-8. 2005..was to report the incidence of neurosensory dysfunction in the lower lip and chin after bilateral sagittal split osteotomy at four postoperative time points, and the relation of impairment to factors connected with the operation...
- Delayed osteotomy but not fracture healing in pediatric osteogenesis imperfecta patients receiving pamidronateCraig Fj Munns
Genetics Unit, Shriners Hospital for Children, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Bone Miner Res 19:1779-86. 2004This study evaluated factors influencing fracture (n = 197) and osteotomy (n = 200) healing in children with moderate to severe OI. Pamidronate treatment was associated with delayed healing after osteotomy, but not after fracture...
- Three-dimensional osteotomy planning in maxillofacial surgery including soft tissue predictionAnders Westermark
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Craniofac Surg 16:100-4. 2005..This 3-D planning software was used in the treatment of 15 patients and was found to provide a good correlation between simulation and postoperative outcome...
- The advantages of circular external fixation used in high tibial osteotomy (average 6 years follow-up)Cengiz Sen
Ortopedive Travmatoloji Anabilimdali, Medical Faculty, University of Gaziosmanpasa, Tokat, Turkey
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 11:139-44. 2003We evaluated the midterm results of high tibial osteotomy in patients with medial compartment arthritis...
- A meta-analysis of clinical studies to estimate the 4.5-year survival rate of implants placed with the osteotome techniqueManal M Shalabi
Department of Periodontology and Biomaterials, College of Dental Science, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, The Netherlands
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 22:110-6. 2007..To estimate the survival rate of implants placed with the osteotome technique by means of a systematic review...
- Long-term results of high tibial osteotomy for medial osteoarthritis of the kneeM Pfahler
Department of Orthopaedics, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Klinikum Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Acta Chir Belg 103:603-6. 2003..7 years after having had a high tibial osteotomy. Clinical results were evaluated using the Hospital for Special Surgery Score (HSS) and the Knee Society Score...
- Proximal tibia medial open-wedge osteotomy using plates with wedges: early results in 58 casesIrfan Esenkaya
School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Inonu University, 44065 Malatya, Turkey
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 14:955-61. 2006..indications, surgical technique, and results of wedge plates for fixation in proximal tibia medial opening wedge osteotomy. Fifty-eight knees in 56 consecutive patients (9 men, 47 women; mean age 52 years; ranging between 36 and 66 ..
- The piezoelectric bony window osteotomy and sinus membrane elevation: introduction of a new technique for simplification of the sinus augmentation procedureT Vercellotti
Private Practice, Genova, Italy
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 21:561-7. 2001..This complication can occur during the osteotomy, which is performed with burs, or during the elevation of the membrane using manual elevators...
- The influences of biomechanical factors on cartilage regeneration after high tibial osteotomy for knees with medial compartment osteoarthritis: clinical and arthroscopic observationsTakeshi Kanamiya
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Arthroscopy 18:725-9. 2002A high tibial osteotomy (HTO) is often performed on knees with medial compartment osteoarthritis...
- Intraoral piezosurgery: preliminary results of a new techniqueStefan Stubinger
Clinic for Reconstructive Surgery, Division of Cranio and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1283-7. 2005..Because of its highly selective and accurate nature, with its cutting effect exclusively targeting hard tissue, its use may be extended to more complex oral surgery cases, as well as to other interdisciplinary problems...
- Smoking and bony union after ulna-shortening osteotomyF Chen
Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Orthop 30:486-9. 2001We examined the relation between cigarette use and occurrence of delayed union and nonunion after ulna-shortening osteotomy for ulnar impaction syndrome...
- Treatment of osteochondral lesions of the talus: a systematic reviewMaartje Zengerink
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, P O Box 22660, 1100 DD, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 18:238-46. 2010..Further sufficiently powered, randomized clinical trials with uniform methodology and validated outcome measures should be initiated to compare the outcome of surgical strategies for OCD of the talus...
- Trochanteric osteotomy and fixation during total hip arthroplastyMichael J Archibeck
New Mexico Center for Joint Replacement Surgery, New Mexico Orthopaedics, Albuquerque, USA
J Am Acad Orthop Surg 11:163-73. 2003Once used routinely, trochanteric osteotomy in total hip arthroplasty now is usually limited to difficult primary and revision cases...
- A meta-analysis of cleft maxillary osteotomy and distraction osteogenesisL K Cheung
Discipline of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 35:14-24. 2006..data to assist surgeons to make an informed choice between distraction osteogenesis or conventional osteotomy for cleft lip and palate patients...
- Biomechanical evaluation of different fixation plates in medial opening upper tibial osteotomyIrfan Esenkaya
Inonu University, School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, 44065, Malatya, Turkey
Knee 14:46-50. 2007....
- Opening-wedge osteotomy, allografting with dual buttress plate fixation for severe genu recurvatum caused by partial growth arrest of the proximal tibial physis: a case reportLiang Chin Chen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan
J Orthop Trauma 18:384-7. 2004..The 16-year-old patient was successfully treated by open-wedge osteotomy, allograft reconstruction, and dual buttress plate fixation...
- Complications in high tibial (medial opening wedge) osteotomyGunter Spahn
Clinic of Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery Eisenach, Sophienstrasse 16, 99817 Eisenach, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 124:649-53. 2004The high tibial (medial opening wedge) osteotomy (HTO) is a standard procedure in the treatment of varus gonarthrosis. This is potentially associated with various complications...
- The ulnar impaction syndrome: follow-up of ulnar shortening osteotomyS Chun
State University of New York, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Syracuse 13202
J Hand Surg Am 18:46-53. 1993Thirty wrists of 27 patients with ulnar impaction syndrome who underwent ulnar shortening osteotomy were retrospectively reviewed. The average follow-up was 51 months...
- Approach alternatives for treatment of osteochondral lesions of the talusDavid O Navid
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Union Memorial Hospital, Johnston Professional Building, 400, 3333 North Calvert Street, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Foot Ankle Clin 7:635-49. 2002..Most medial lesions are located on the posterior talar dome, and a medial malleolar osteotomy is usually required. Osteotomies, in particular of the medial malleolus, should be approached carefully...
- Valgus intertrochanteric osteotomy for malunion and nonunion of trochanteric fracturesJan Bartonicek
Orthopaedic Department, 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague Srobárova 50 100 34, Prague 10, Czech Republic
J Orthop Trauma 17:606-12. 2003To evaluate the results of valgus intertrochanteric osteotomy for varus nonunion and malunion of trochanteric fractures.
- Role of Angiogenesis in Distraction OsteogenesisLOUIS CHARLES GERSTENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our preliminary studies with transgenic mice have shown that ECs that line vessels adjacent to both fracture and osteotomy sites, and within bone repair tissues, are the main source of BMP2 at the repair site...
- Novel Formulations for Injectable Growth FactorsBruce Lamb; Fiscal Year: 2010..of each modified hydrogel and 3) test the in vivo osteogenic efficacy of our injectable carriers in a rabbit osteotomy model...
- INFLUENCES ON STABILITY FOLLOWING ORTHOGNATHIC SURGERYCeib Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2013..after treatment is complete have not yet been characterized;2) virtually 100% of patients who have a mandibular osteotomy experience a neurosensory alteration in the short-term after surgery and, on average, quantitative measures of ..
- KINEMATICS AND STABILITY OF THE ARCH OF THE FOOTHarold Kitaoka; Fiscal Year: 2001..recently developed and yet to be proven operations for posterior tibial tendon dysfunction and flatfoot: lateral column lengthening (LCL), medial displacement calcaneal osteotomy (MDO), and Giannini subtalar implant.
- A Novel eFace System to Prevent the Risks of Facial Distortion after CMF SurgeryXiaobo Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our hypothesis is that facial soft-tissue changes following virtual osteotomy can be accurately simulated by our innovative approach using an anatomically detailed modeling and mapping ..
- MECHANICAL ENVIRONMENT IN MANDIBULAR DISTRACTIONSusan Herring; Fiscal Year: 2006Distraction osteogenesis (DO) is a means to elongate bone by placing tensile loads on a healing osteotomy. Although DO has been used on the mandible for only a decade, the technique is already supplanting more traditional orthognathic ..
- ARCH STRAIN IN POSTERIOR TIBIAL TENDON DYSFUNCTIONJonathan Deland; Fiscal Year: 2000..imbalance and increased strain in the arch?; 3) does a bony procedure, like a medial calcaneal displacement osteotomy, adequately assist the flexor digitorum tendon transfer?; and, most importantly, 4) if the flexor digitorum ..
- Mandibular Bone transport Reconstruction PlateLYNNE OPPERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..The "check-point osteotomy" technique will make it possible for the first time to regain the normal curvature or the original mandible, and ..
- REGULATED OSTEOINDUCTIVE PLASMID GENE TRANSFER VIA GENEKEVIN RICE; Fiscal Year: 2002..In essence, we believe that full- thickness regeneration of large osteotomy defects will only be realized through an increased understanding of the basic mechanisms associated with plasmid ..
- MECHANICALLY GUIDED TISSUE REGENERATIONSteven Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2002..enable the implementation of experimentally controlled mechanical loading conditions across surgically created osteotomy gaps. Local biologic factors will be produced by placing DNA-delivering matrices within these fracture gaps...
- Novel mandibular bone transport reconstruction plateLYNNE OPPERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..The "check-point osteotomy" technique will make it possible for the first time to regain the normal curvature or the original mandible, and ..
- INTERFRAGMENTARY STRAIN HYPOTHESIS AND FRACTURE HEALINGEDWARD CHEAL; Fiscal Year: 1992..Hydraulic actuators applied to transcutaneous pins will produce cyclic bending deformations of the healing osteotomy. The applied deformations in the first series will be such that abundant callus formation will be expected at ..
- Minimally Invasive Approaches for Craniofacial SurgeryMaria Troulis; Fiscal Year: 2005..endoscopic reconstruction of the mandibular ramus/condyle unit; 2C. endoscopic vertical ramus osteotomy with rigid fixation for mandibular setback; 2D. mandibular advancement by distraction osteogenesis...
- NITINOL POWERED IMPLANTABLE BONE DISTRACTORGERALD CANO; Fiscal Year: 1999..craniomaxillofacial applications powered by an electronically controlled Nitinol actuator, will distract both osteotomy sites and patent craniofacial sutures automatically with small, precise, and frequent incrementation to mimics ..
- INFORCING RESORBABLE BUFFERED INTERNAL FIXATION DEVICESDEBRA TRANTOLO; Fiscal Year: 2000..The main goal of the rabbit experiments will be to develop the temporal history of the osteotomy healing in relation to fixture degradation...
- HARVESTING AUTOLOGOUS GROWTH FACTORS FOR WOUND HEALINGDon Olsen; Fiscal Year: 2004..A procine skin wound model will be utilized to simulate soft-tissue wounds, and a porcine bone defect (by osteotomy) model will be used to simulate hard tissue wounds...
- Sensory Re-training following Orthognathic SurgeryCeib Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our primary focus will be on the patient's perception of the negative impact of altered sensation on daily life. ..
- Integrins and Orthodontic Tooth MovementCalogero Dolce; Fiscal Year: 2002..Aim 2 experiments will assess the rate and extent of alveolar bone turnover using histomorphometric means. These data may demonstrate the usefulness of the RGD peptide in modulating both bone formation and resorption during OTM. ..
- High-Resolution Desktop Micro-Computed Tomograpy SystemElise Morgan; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Tissue engineered osteochondral patella resurfacingJames Cook; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Inducing Skeletal Repair by Mechanical StimulationElise Morgan; Fiscal Year: 2009..an in vivo rat model of skeletal repair in which a cyclic bending motion applied daily to a mid-diaphyseal osteotomy gap results in robust cartilage formation within and surrounding the gap...
- Osteoporosis and Bone Augmentation/Implant Outcomes: An Observational StudyMartin A Freilich; Fiscal Year: 2010..This application represents an important step in this ongoing research initiative. ..
- Evaluating and Improving and Emergent Technology for Fixation of Bone FracturesMichael Bottlang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, results may direct the future evolution of locked plate technology by providing a working solution to an inherent problem associated with contemporary locked plates. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Photodynamic Therapy for the Treatment of Obstructive E*Todd Demmy; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will be instrumental in the development of a novel PDT drug without long-term restrictions of patients' sun exposure. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Computer Surgical Simulation for Craniofacial SurgeryJames Xia; Fiscal Year: 2008..In the United States each year, a significant number of patients undergo reconstructive surgery for these types of defects and deformities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effect of Aging & Vitamin D Status on OsteoblastogenesisJulie Glowacki; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Real-Time Model-Based Gait Retraining for Knee Osteoarthritis RehabilitationBenjamin Fregly; Fiscal Year: 2008..reductions as large as 50% in both peaks of the adduction torque curve, comparable to the results of high tibial osteotomy surgery but without surgical intervention...
- Tissue Engineering of Cartilage using PeriosteumSHAWN O DRISCOLL; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, by eliminating the need for cell culture expansion facilities and expertise, the cost of this approach should be considerably less thereby making cartilage repair more globally accessible. ..
- Prevention of Neck Injuries in Older Adults During Rear Motor Vehicle CollsionsPAUL IVANCIC; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed project will provide important research-based data that may form the basis for future safety standards and help to decrease the frequency and severity of neck injuries in older adults, thus benefiting society. ..
- EFFECTS OF AGE ON SIGNALING IN HUMAN OSTEOBLASTOGENESISJulie Glowacki; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Computer-Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery with Intra-Operative Biomechanical GuidanceMehran Armand; Fiscal Year: 2010..In order to compare the clinical outcomes of the osteotomy with real-time BGS to osteotomy without BGS, annual clinical follow-ups will be performed and the clinical ..
- Analyses of InSitu and Explanted Surgical Implant DevicesJack Lemons; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of Myostatin Deficiency on Bone StrengthMark Hamrick; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- TISSUE ENGINEERING OF GROWING JOINTSJulie Glowacki; Fiscal Year: 2002..In vivo fate of engineered joints will be assessed in our model of murine joint transplantation and will be further verified in the pig. ..
- An organotypic model of traumatic brain injuryMichael Bottlang; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATORS OF CHONDROINDUCTION BY DBPKaren Yates; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will determine which DBP-regulated transcription factors are necessary and/or sufficient for postnatal chondrogenesis. This proposed work would have a high impact of design of strategies for repair and/or regeneration of cartilage. ..
- MECHANICAL FACTORS IN CARTILAGE REPAIRSHAWN O DRISCOLL; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is felt that these findings will have relevance to other important area of orthopedics, including fracture healing, and have significant potential to impact the care of patients. ..
- Computer-Assisted Hip Osteotomy SurgeryMehran Armand; Fiscal Year: 2004..In order to test the functionality and reliability of the BGS, the periacetabular osteotomy operation with biomechanical guidance will be performed on cadavers...
- 2004 Annual Meeting: American Society of BiomechanicsMichael Bottlang; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Evaluation of Fiber Biomaterials for Oral ImplantologyMartin Freilich; Fiscal Year: 2005..The primary comparison between these prosthesis designs will be the incidence of Outcomes Requiring Intervention (failure of prosthesis or non-failures requiring intervention) observed over three years of recall examination. ..
- WNT PROTEINS IN ADULT, AGED AND OSTEOARTHRITIC CARTILAGEKaren Yates; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will also provide a solid foundation for future research on Wnts in cartilage biology. ..
- Optimize Fat Grafting for Craniofacial Soft TissueStephen Baker; Fiscal Year: 2006..Through this research project we hope to generate data that will seed larger, interdisciplinary research in this field. ..
- Tongue Volume, Function and BiomechanicsZi Jun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..Application of this information will allow understanding of normal tongue functional morphology and to evaluate how tongue volume affects function and craniofacial growth. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Ectopic Bone FormationSTEVEN LIETMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Semi-Parametric Survival Methods in Dental ResearchSung Kiang Chuang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The specific analytic issues addressed are generalizable to patient-oriented dental research as many studies using multiple, correlated observations per patient, i.e. probing depths, tooth loss. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dental Implant Science & Tech Transfer Satellite MeetingJack Lemons; Fiscal Year: 2004..Both organizations, IRG and WCOI-6 have approved the collaborations. Experience has been that 400 or more implant dentists attend the WCOI-6 and i00 or more researchers attend the IRG satellite sessions. ..
- The Role of P4H in Tissue-Titanium IntegrationTakahiro Ogawa; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Outcomes of Furlow&Conventional Palatoplasty ProceduresRobert Havlik; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, there have been no studies on the palatal architecture parameters and their influence upon oronasal fistulae and velopharyngeal competence that have been published. ..