Genomes and Genes
Summary: Procedures used to treat and correct deformities, diseases, and injuries to the MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM, its articulations, and associated structures.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications285 found, 100 shown here
- Sutures versus staples for skin closure in orthopaedic surgery: meta-analysisToby O Smith
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich NR2 7UY
BMJ 340:c1199. 2010..To compare the clinical outcomes of staples versus sutures in wound closure after orthopaedic surgery...
- Autologous bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells versus autologous chondrocyte implantation: an observational cohort studyHossein Nejadnik
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Am J Sports Med 38:1110-6. 2010..First-generation autologous chondrocyte implantation has limitations, and introducing new effective cell sources can improve cartilage repair...
- Cost-effectiveness of open partial fasciectomy, needle aponeurotomy, and collagenase injection for dupuytren contractureNeal C Chen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and the Section of Plastic Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Hand Surg Am 36:1826-1834.e32. 2011..We undertook a cost-utility analysis to compare traditional fasciectomy for Dupuytren with 2 new treatments, needle aponeurotomy and collagenase injection...
- The prevalence of intimate partner violence across orthopaedic fracture clinics in OntarioMohit Bhandari
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Surgery, McMaster University, 293 Wellington Street North, Suite 110, Hamilton, Ontario L8L 2X2, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:132-41. 2011....
- Increased failure rate of autologous chondrocyte implantation after previous treatment with marrow stimulation techniquesTom Minas
Cartilage Repair Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 850 Boylston Street, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
Am J Sports Med 37:902-8. 2009..Common knowledge holds that these treatments do not compromise subsequent cartilage repair procedures with autologous chondrocyte implantation...
- Clinical accuracy of three-dimensional fluoroscopy-based computer-assisted cervical pedicle screw placement: a retrospective comparative study of conventional versus computer-assisted cervical pedicle screw placementYoshimoto Ishikawa
Department of Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery, Konan Kosei Hospital, Konan City, Japan
J Neurosurg Spine 13:606-11. 2010..The authors performed a retrospective clinical study to evaluate the feasibility and accuracy of cervical pedicle screw (CPS) placement using 3D fluoroscopy-based navigation (3D FN)...
- Comparing consensus guidelines on thromboprophylaxis in orthopedic surgeryM C Struijk-Mulder
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Isala Clinics, Zwolle, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 8:678-83. 2010..Different guidelines exist regarding the prevention of venous thromboembolism (VTE) in orthopedic surgery...
- Surgeon practices regarding postoperative thromboembolic prophylaxis after high-risk spinal surgeryMichael P Glotzbecker
Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:2915-21. 2008..Survey study...
- Operative treatment of cervical spondylotic myelopathyRaj D Rao
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:1619-40. 2006
- The subchondral bone in articular cartilage repair: current problems in the surgical managementAndreas H Gomoll
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 18:434-47. 2010..Lastly, since this area remains in constant evolution, the requirements for prospective studies needed to evaluate these emerging technologies will be reviewed...
- Prognostic factors affecting anatomic outcome of rotator cuff repair and correlation with functional outcomeJoo Han Oh
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Arthroscopy 25:30-9. 2009..To analyze the relationship between functional outcomes and postoperative cuff integrity (anatomic outcome), and to reveal the factors affecting outcomes of rotator cuff repair...
- Deep-vein thrombosis rates after major orthopedic surgery in Asia. An epidemiological study based on postoperative screening with centrally adjudicated bilateral venographyF Piovella
UO Malattie Tromboemboliche, Sevizio Malattie Tromboemboliche, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 3:2664-70. 2005..The incidence of postsurgical venous thromboembolism is thought to be low in Asian ethnic populations...
- Direct vertebral rotation: a new technique of three-dimensional deformity correction with segmental pedicle screw fixation in adolescent idiopathic scoliosisSang Min Lee
Seoul Spine Institute, Inje University, Sanggye Paik Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:343-9. 2004..A prospective study...
- Mid-term to long-term clinical and functional outcomes of minimally invasive correction and fusion for adults with scoliosisNeel Anand
Departments of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Spine Center, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Neurosurg Focus 28:E6. 2010..The goal of this study was to assess the operative outcomes of adult patients with scoliosis who were treated surgically with minimally invasive correction and fusion...
- Efficacy of prophylactic low dose of tranexamic acid in spinal fixation surgery: a randomized clinical trialMajid R Farrokhi
Shiraz Neurosciences Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 23:290-6. 2011..The investigators hypothesized that a prophylactic low dose of TXA would reduce blood loss and transfusion requirements during spinal fixation surgery...
- Complications and radiographic correction in adult scoliosis following combined transpsoas extreme lateral interbody fusion and posterior pedicle screw instrumentationMatthew J Tormenti
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Neurosurg Focus 28:E7. 2010..The complications and radiographic outcomes were compared with a posterior-only approach for scoliosis correction...
- Failure of Orthofix eight-Plate for the treatment of Blount diseaseSamuel Schroerlucke
Department of Orthopaedics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 29:57-60. 2009..Recently, our institution began using the eight-Plate tension band device by Orthofix (McKinney, Tex) as an alternative to staples. However, several patients have returned with broken screws necessitating revision surgery...
- Improvement of gentamicin poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) microspheres for treatment of osteomyelitis induced by orthopedic proceduresMaria Rosa Virto
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Pharmacy, Complutense University, Madrid 28040, Spain
Biomaterials 28:877-85. 2007..Two models, one of them including an autocatalytic process, were finally proposed to contribute to understand the mass transport mechanism involved in drug release from these microspheres...
- Use of topical tranexamic acid or aminocaproic acid to prevent bleeding after major surgical proceduresHeather J Ipema
Drug Information Group, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Ann Pharmacother 46:97-107. 2012..To evaluate the literature describing topical use of tranexamic acid or aminocaproic acid for prevention of postoperative bleeding after major surgical procedures...
- Do antifibrinolytics reduce allogeneic blood transfusion in orthopedic surgery?Paul Zufferey
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care and EA3065, Thrombosis Research Group, University Hospital of Saint Etienne, Saint Etienne, France
Anesthesiology 105:1034-46. 2006..Although the results suggest that aprotinin and tranexamic acid significantly reduce allogeneic erythrocyte transfusion, further evaluation of safety is required before recommending the use of antifibrinolytics in orthopedic surgery...
- Major functional deficits persist 2 years after acute Achilles tendon ruptureNicklas Olsson
Department of Orthopaedics, Institute of Clinical Sciences at Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 19:1385-93. 2011..The focus was to evaluate whether any improvements occurred between the one and 2-year evaluation...
- Venous thromboembolic events are rare after shoulder surgery: analysis of a national databaseSimon S Jameson
James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough, UK
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 20:764-70. 2011..We aimed to determine baseline postoperative complication rates with reference to national thromboembolic prophylaxis guidelines...
- Changing prophylactic antibiotic protocol for reducing Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhoeal infectionsWaleed Al-Obaydi
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire, Coventry, UK
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 18:320-3. 2010..To determine whether a change in prophylactic antibiotic protocol for orthopaedic surgeries may reduce the frequency of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhoeal infections...
- Treatment of iron deficiency anemia in orthopedic surgery with intravenous iron: efficacy and limits: a prospective studyOliver M Theusinger
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital and University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Anesthesiology 107:923-7. 2007..Preoperative anemia is frequent in patients undergoing orthopedic surgery. The purpose of this study was to assess the preoperative increase of hemoglobin in iron deficiency anemia patients treated with intravenous iron...
- Orthopaedic surgery in 255 patients with inflammatory arthropathies: longitudinal effects on pain, physical function and health-related quality of lifeH Osnes-Ringen
Department of Surgery, Diakonhjemmet Hospital, PO Box 23, Vindern, N 0319 Oslo, Norway
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1596-601. 2009....
- Thromboprophylaxis in traumatic and elective spinal surgery: analysis of questionnaire response and current practice of spine trauma surgeonsAvraam Ploumis
Department of Orthopaedics, Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:323-9. 2010..A survey on thromboprophylaxis in spinal surgery and trauma was conducted among spine trauma surgeons...
- Health-related quality of life (EQ-5D) before and after orthopedic surgeryKarl Ake Jansson
Orthopedics Section, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Sweden
Acta Orthop 82:82-9. 2011..However, no longitudinal data based on the health-related quality of life outcome from the EQ-5D instrument have been reported for orthopedic patients. We assessed the effect of orthopedic surgery as measured by EQ-5D...
- Giant cell tumour of the distal radius: wide resection and reconstruction by non-vascularised proximal fibular autograftAyman Abdelaziz Bassiony
Orthopaedic Surgery, Ain Shams University, Egypt
Ann Acad Med Singapore 38:900-4. 2009..Out of the various reconstructive procedures described, non-vascularised fibular autograft has been widely used with satisfactory functional results...
- Anterior acromioplasty for the shoulder impingement syndrome: long-term outcomePatrick Y K Chin
Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Division of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 16:697-700. 2007..Acromioplasty does not always prevent the need for subsequent rotator cuff surgery, but the rate of reoperation has remained relatively low in the long follow-up period...
- A novel patient-specific navigational template for cervical pedicle screw placementSheng Lu
Department of Orthopedics, Kunming General Hospital, PLA, Kunming, China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:E959-66. 2009..The potential use of such a navigational template to insert cervical pedicle screws is promising. This technique has been clinically validated to provide an accurate trajectory for pedicle screw placement in the cervical spine...
- Cervical anterior transpedicular screw fixation (ATPS)--Part II. Accuracy of manual insertion and pull-out strength of ATPSHeiko Koller
Department for Traumatology and Sport Injuries, Paracelsus Medical University Salzburg, 5020, Salzburg, Austria
Eur Spine J 17:539-55. 2008..The use of ATPS shows the potential to increase construct rigidity in terms of screw-plate pull-out resistance. It might diminish construct failures during anterior-only reconstructions of the highly unstable decompressed cervical spine...
- Venous thromboembolism following major orthopedic surgery: review of epidemiology and economicsJ Edelsberg
Policy Analysis, Inc, Four Davis Court, Brookline, MA 02445, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 58:S4-13. 2001....
- Medical errors in orthopaedics. Results of an AAOS member surveyDavid A Wong
Denver Spine, Suite 100, 7800 East Orchard Road, Greenwood Village, CO 80111, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:547-57. 2009..The Patient Safety Committee of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons has compiled the results of a member survey to identify trends in orthopaedic errors that would help to direct quality assurance efforts...
- Cervical anterior transpedicular screw fixation. Part I: Study on morphological feasibility, indications, and technical prerequisitesHeiko Koller
Paracelsus Medical University Salzburg, Department for Traumatology and Sport Injuries, 5020, Salzburg, Austria
Eur Spine J 17:523-38. 2008....
- Responsiveness of the Michigan Hand Outcomes Questionnaire and the Disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder and Hand questionnaire in carpal tunnel surgerySandra V Kotsis
Section of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, The University of Michigan Health System, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, 2130 Taubman Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0340, USA
J Hand Surg Am 30:81-6. 2005..This study aimed to measure the responsiveness of the Michigan Hand Outcomes Questionnaire (MHQ) and Disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder and Hand (DASH) when evaluating outcomes after carpal tunnel surgery...
- Patients with pertrochanteric hip fracture may benefit from preoperative intravenous iron therapy: a pilot studyJorge Cuenca
Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, Miguel Servet University Hospital, Zaragoza, Spain
Transfusion 44:1447-52. 2004..Nevertheless, concerns about adverse effects of ABTs have prompted the review of transfusion practice and the search for a safer treatment of perioperative anemia...
- A prospective study of psychological predictors of lumbar surgery outcomeP M Trief
Departments of Psychiatry, Family Medicine, and Orthopedic Surgery, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:2616-21. 2000..Prospective design in which 102 patients were evaluated with a battery of psychological assessment tests 1-2 weeks before surgery, and outcome was assessed 6 months and 1 year after surgery...
- Soft-tissue releases to treat spastic hip subluxation in children with cerebral palsyAna Presedo
Department of Orthopaedics, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Nemours Children s Clinic, 1600 Rockland Road, Wilmington, DE 19803, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 87:832-41. 2005..The purpose of this study was to assess the outcome in sixty-five children treated according to this protocol and followed for a minimum of eight years...
- Comparison of open carpal tunnel release and local steroid treatment outcomes in idiopathic carpal tunnel syndromeSerpil Demirci
Department of Neurology, Suleyman Demirel University School of Medicine, Isparta, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 22:33-7. 2002..Our results show that steroid injection provides an improvement comparable with that from surgical release of the median nerve at a 3-month interval. However, this improvement is not long-lasting...
- Anatomic reconstruction of the anteromedial and posterolateral bundles of the anterior cruciate ligament using hamstring tendon graftsKazunori Yasuda
Department of Sports Medicine and Joint Reconstruction Surgery, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Arthroscopy 20:1015-25. 2004..To develop and evaluate an anatomic reconstruction procedure of the posterolateral and anteromedial bundles of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)...
- Early outcomes and safety of the minimally invasive, lateral retroperitoneal transpsoas approach for adult degenerative scoliosisElias Dakwar
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, USA
Neurosurg Focus 28:E8. 2010..The authors present their early experience with the minimally invasive, lateral retroperitoneal transpsoas approach for placing interbody grafts and providing anterior column support for adult degenerative deformity...
- Articular talar injuries in athletes: results of microfracture and autogenous bone graftAmol Saxena
Department of Sports Medicine, Palo Alto Medical Foundation, 795 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA
Am J Sports Med 35:1680-7. 2007..Although studies show these treatments have been used with varying success, the ability to return to activity (RTA), including sports after treatment of talar dome injuries, have not been well documented...
- Modic changes following lumbar disc herniationHanne B Albert
The Back Research Center, Part of Clinical Locomotion Science, University of Southern Denmark, Lindevej 5, 5750 Ringe, Denmark
Eur Spine J 16:977-82. 2007..A lumbar disc herniation is a strong risk factor for developing Modic changes (especially type 1) during the following year. Furthermore, Modic changes are strongly associated with LBP...
- A meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials comparing conventional to minimally invasive approaches for repair of an Achilles tendon ruptureSamuel E McMahon
Watford General Hospital, 60 Vicarage Rd, Watford WD18 OHB, United Kingdom
Foot Ankle Surg 17:211-7. 2011..05). However, MIS had a significantly reduced risk of superficial wound infection, with three times greater patient satisfaction for good to excellent results compared with conventional open surgical approaches...
- Thoracoscopic cartilage resection with partial perichondrium preservation in unilateral pectus carinatum: preliminary resultsPatricio Varela
Pediatric Surgery, Calvo Mackenna Hospital and Clinica Las Condes, Santiago 8320000, Chile
J Pediatr Surg 46:263-6. 2011..The aim of this work is to present our modification to this approach...
- Accuracy of pedicle screw placement: a systematic review of prospective in vivo studies comparing free hand, fluoroscopy guidance and navigation techniquesIoannis D Gelalis
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, School of Medicine, University of Ioannina, Pantazidi Street 11, 45221 Ioannina, Epirus, Greece
Eur Spine J 21:247-55. 2012..The purpose of the present study was to perform a systematic review of all available prospective evidence regarding pedicle screw insertion techniques in the thoracic and lumbar human spine...
- Tourniquet use and its complications in NorwayA Odinsson
St Olav s University Hospital and Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 7006 Trondheim, Norway
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:1090-2. 2006..One permanent and one transient complication occurred after tourniquet times of three hours. The incidence of tourniquet complications is still at least as high as that estimated in the 1970s...
- Medical complications of surgical treatment of adult spinal deformity and how to avoid themEli M Baron
Institute for Spinal Disorders, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:S106-18. 2006..Review article of medical complications related to adult spinal deformity surgery...
- Erythropoietin to minimize perioperative blood transfusion: a systematic review of randomized trials. The International Study of Peri-operative Transfusion (ISPOT) InvestigatorsA Laupacis
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Loeb Research Institute, Ottawa Civic Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Transfus Med 8:309-17. 1998....
- The use of bone grafts and bone graft substitutes in pediatric orthopaedics: an overviewRichard H Gross
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 32:100-5. 2012..There are a number of useful applications of bone graft substitues for pediatric orthopaedists, but the data base is evolving. This paper describes the current status of these products...
- Articular cartilage degeneration following the treatment of focal cartilage defects with ceramic metal implants and compared with microfractureR J H Custers
Department of Orthopaedics, University Medical Center Utrecht, P O Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:900-10. 2009....
- Cervical spondylotic myelopathy due to chronic compression: the role of signal intensity changes in magnetic resonance imagesJuan Jose Fernández de Rota
Department of Spinal Surgery, University Hospital Virgen de la Victoria, Malaga, Spain
J Neurosurg Spine 6:17-22. 2007..The aim of the present study was to determine whether T2-weighted MR imaging can help assess the prognosis of the disease...
- Tranexamic acid reduces intraoperative blood loss in pediatric patients undergoing scoliosis surgeryNavil F Sethna
Department of Anesthesiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Anesthesiology 102:727-32. 2005..The authors hypothesized that administration of tranexamic acid would reduce bleeding and transfusion requirements during scoliosis surgery...
- Dupuytren's contracture: a retrospective database analysis to assess clinical management and costs in EnglandRobert A Gerber
Clinical Development and Medical Affairs, Pfizer Global Development Headquarters, New London, CT, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:73. 2011..Current surgical treatments for Dupuytren's contracture (DC) include fasciectomy and fasciotomy. We assessed the clinical management of DC in England over a 5-year period; associated NHS costs were assessed for a 1-year period...
- Analysis of patient flows for orthopedic procedures using small area analysis in SwitzerlandKlazien Matter-Walstra
Institute for Evaluative Research in Orthopedic Surgery, MEM centre, University of Bern, Stauffacherstrasse, Bern, Switzerland
BMC Health Serv Res 6:119. 2006....
- Challenges of technology integration and computer-assisted surgeryGurion Rivkin
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hadassah University Hospital, POB 12000, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:13-6. 2009..Until that time, some will be willing to lead the revolution and pay the price of progress, and others will be reluctant to take part in this endeavor...
- Minimally invasive surgery for thoracolumbar spinal deformity: initial clinical experience with clinical and radiographic outcomesMichael Y Wang
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Lois Pope LIFE Center, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Neurosurg Focus 28:E9. 2010..Minimally invasive surgery is being applied to this patient population in an effort to reduce the high complication rates associated with adult deformity surgery...
- Chitosan-glycerol phosphate/blood implants improve hyaline cartilage repair in ovine microfracture defectsCaroline D Hoemann
Department of Chemical Engineering and Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique, P O Box 6079, Station Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3A7, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Am 87:2671-86. 2005....
- Orthopedic surgery implications of breast cancerGerman A Marulanda
Department of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, University of South Florida, 3500 E Fletcher Avenue, Suite 511, MDC106 Tampa, FL 33613, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 8:949-56. 2008..Orthopedic surgeons should establish an active role in the multidisciplinary treatment of patients with breast cancer...
- Displays mounted on cutting blocks reduce the learning curve in navigated total knee arthroplastyChristoph Schnurr
LVR Klinik für Orthopädie, Viersen, Germany
Comput Aided Surg 16:249-56. 2011..001). The integrated display, fixed on surgical instruments in a manner similar to a spirit level, seems to be more user-friendly for navigation beginners. Hence, unproductive time losses during the learning curve may be diminished...
- Overcoming the funding challenge: the cost of randomized controlled trials in the next decadeBenjamin J Shore
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 94:101-6. 2012..This paper describes important barriers to conducting surgical RCTs, identifies funding sources available to finance RCTs, and suggests strategies to maintain cost-efficient study practices as we move into the next decade...
- Thromboembolic prophylaxis in foot and ankle surgery what should we do?Mark A Hardy
Cleveland Clinic Foundation Kaiser Permanente Foundation, 10 Severance Circle, Cleveland Heights, OH 44118, USA
Foot Ankle Spec 4:120-3. 2011..Clearly, larger prospective studies are needed to determine those individuals who require prophylaxis for the prevention of venous thromboembolic events following foot and ankle surgery...
- Results of modified lapidus arthrodesis procedure using medial eminence as an interpositional autograftLee Fleming
Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Denver, CO 80111, USA
J Foot Ankle Surg 50:272-5. 2011..2% reduction in the amount of shortening of the first ray and proved to be a useful source of readily available bone graft...
- Efficacy and accuracy of a novel rapid prototyping drill template for cervical pedicle screw placementSheng Lu
Department of Orthopedics, Kunming General Hospital, China
Comput Aided Surg 16:240-8. 2011..To develop and validate the efficacy and accuracy of a novel drill template for cervical pedicle instrumentation...
- Treatment of acute Achilles tendon ruptures with Achillon device: clinical outcomes and kinetic gait analysisIgnacio Martínez Garrido
Department of Orthopaedics, La Fe Hospital, University of Valencia, Avdª Campanar 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
Foot Ankle Surg 16:189-94. 2010..We reviewed the outcomes of the Achillon minimally invasive suture system and an early semi-functional rehabilitation program for the treatment of acute Achilles tendon ruptures...
- Blood conservation and pain control in scoliosis corrective surgery: an online survey of UK practiceScott Bird
Department of Anaesthesia, Southampton University Hospital, Southampton, UK
Paediatr Anaesth 21:50-3. 2011..This diversity was assessed using an online survey, the aim being to provoke discussion and highlight areas of future research...
- Achilles tendon rupture and our experience with the Achillon deviceZeev Feldbrin
Department of Orthopedics, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 12:609-12. 2010..This technique has the disadvantages of a long and problematic operative scar and thickly scarred Achilles tendon. To improve the surgical outcome minimally invasive techniques have been developed...
- The unreliability of the intermetatarsal angle in choosing a hallux abducto valgus surgical procedureRahn A Ravenell
Associated Foot Specialists, PA, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464, USA
J Foot Ankle Surg 50:287-92. 2011....
- An S-2 alar iliac pelvic fixation. Technical noteLauren E Matteini
Orthopaedic Surgery, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Neurosurg Focus 28:E13. 2010..The S-2 alar iliac pelvic fixation is a newer technique that has been developed to address some of these issues. It is an in-line technique that can be placed during an open procedure or percutaneously...
- 'Internal bracing' surgery in the management of solid tumor metastases of the thoracic and lumbar spineAlberto Di Martino
Department of Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery, University Campus Bio Medico, Rome 00155, Italy
Oncol Rep 21:431-5. 2009....
- Early postoperative bleeding in polytrauma patients treated with fondaparinux: literature review and institutional experienceEleftherios Tsiridis
Academic Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, University of Leeds, School of Medicine, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Clarendon Wing A, Great George Street, Leeds, LS1 3EX, UK
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 9:42-7. 2011..The current report supports that fondaparinux, in patients with pelvic and acetabular fractures, can be equally effective as enoxaparin and not associated with adverse bleeding events...
- Is percutaneous repair of the Achilles tendon a safe technique? A study of 124 casesRenaud Maes
Clinique Louis Caty, Baudour, Belgium
Acta Orthop Belg 72:179-83. 2006..We believe that a limited open technique is more reliable and has the advantage of allowing direct visualisation of the repair site and controlling adequate apposition of the tendon ends...
- Hemiepiphyseal arrest in a porcine modelRolf D Burghardt
AKK Altonaer Kinderkrankenhaus Abteilung für Kinderorthopädie, Hamburg, Deutschland
J Pediatr Orthop 31:e25-9. 2011..We hypothesized that the Blount staple, a fixed angle device, tethers growth immediately, whereas the eight-Plate, having mobile arms, has a certain lead time to take the slack out of the system until it can begin to tether growth...
- The prevalence of and specific risk factors for venous thromboembolic disease following elective spine surgeryJason M Sansone
Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 92:304-13. 2010..We sought to investigate the prevalence of thromboembolism as well as the efficacy and complications of various prophylactic measures in a population of patients who had undergone elective spine surgery...
- An evidence-based clinical guideline for the use of antithrombotic therapies in spine surgeryChristopher M Bono
North American Spine Society
Spine J 9:1046-51. 2009..The goal of the guideline recommendations was to assist in delivering optimum, efficacious treatment with the goal of preventing thromboembolic events...
- Carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome: who gets surgery?Charles S Day
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:1796-803. 2010..Despite the prevalence of carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome, and relief of symptoms following timely surgical release, it is unclear how nonclinical patient characteristics affect disease management...
- Clinical use of a new tourniquet system for foot and ankle surgeryYoshinori Ishii
Ishii Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Clinic, 1089 Shimo Oshi, Gyoda, Saitama, 361 0037, Japan
Int Orthop 34:355-9. 2010....
- Rapid prototyping drill guide template for lumbar pedicle screw placementSheng Lu
Department of Orthopedics, Kunming General Hospital, Chengdu Military command of PLA, Kunming 650032, China
Chin J Traumatol 12:177-80. 2009..To develop a novel method of spinal pedical stereotaxy by reverse engineering and rapid prototyping techniques, and to validate its accuracy by experimental and clinical studies...
- Do we really need laminar flow ventilation in the operating room to prevent surgical site infections?Pamela A Lipsett
Ann Surg 248:701-3. 2008
- Clinical and structural results of open repair of an isolated one-tendon tear of the rotator cuffBruno Fuchs
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Zurich, Uniklinik Balgrist, Forchstrasse 340, Ch 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:309-16. 2006..We assessed the structural changes in the musculotendinous units after open rotator cuff repair and correlated these findings with the clinical outcome to establish a benchmark for future series...
- Difference in outcome of shoulder surgery between workers' compensation and nonworkers' compensation populationsPaul Koljonen
E7 Manhattan Court, Kln, Hong Kong, China
Int Orthop 33:315-20. 2009..The majority of questions posed in the most commonly adopted shoulder-specific functional outcome measurement tools were subjective in nature and may account for part of the phenomenon...
- Preliminary outcomes and efficacy of the first 360 consecutive kyphoplasties for the treatment of painful osteoporotic vertebral compression fracturesMohammad E Majd
Spine Surgery, PSC, 210 E Gray Street, Suite 601, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Spine J 5:244-55. 2005..Kyphoplasty involves expanding an inflatable balloon tamp to create a cavity within a vertebral body before cement deposition...
- Opinion survey regarding pediatric orthopaedic trauma call and emergency trauma managementSusan A Scherl
Orthopedic Surgery, The University of Nebraska, Omaha, NE, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 28:393-6. 2008..To determine the attitudes and practices of pediatric orthopaedic surgeons regarding on-call coverage and emergency fracture management...
- Depression and anxiety in patients undergoing herniated disc surgery: relevant but underresearched - a systematic reviewM Zieger
Department of Psychiatry, Public Health Research Unit, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Cent Eur Neurosurg 71:26-34. 2010..This article provides a systematic overview of the literature on the prevalence rates of depression and anxiety in patients undergoing surgery for a herniated disc...
- A novel computer-assisted drill guide template for lumbar pedicle screw placement: a cadaveric and clinical studySheng Lu
Department of Orthopedics, Kunming General Hospital, PLA, Kunming, People s Republic of China
Int J Med Robot 5:184-91. 2009..We have developed a novel method of spinal pedicle stereotaxy by reverse engineering (RE) and rapid prototyping (RP) and have validated the method's accuracy by cadaveric and clinical study...
- Mechanical failures of eight-plateguided growth system for temporary hemiepiphysiodesisRolf D Burghardt
International Center for Limb Lengthening, Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
J Pediatr Orthop 30:594-7. 2010..The eight-Plate is said to be superior to the Blount staple, as it is less likely to break or migrate out of the bone. However, some centers have observed mechanical failures of the eight-Plate cannulated screws...
- The current practice of orthopaedic oncology in North AmericaJeremy White
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 825 NE 10th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73126, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:2840-53. 2010..The field of orthopaedic oncology in North America has been formalized over the past 30 years with the development of the Musculoskeletal Tumor Society (MSTS) and fellowship education opportunities...
- Autogenous non-vascularized fibula for treatment of giant cell tumor of distal end radiusManish Chadha
Department of Orthopaedics, UCMS and GTB Hospital, Delhi, India
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 130:1467-73. 2010..We report outcome of wide resection and non-vascularized fibular grafting in biopsy-proven giant cell tumors...
- Autologous osteochondral mosaicplasty for osteochondritis dissecans of the elbow in teenage athletesNorimasa Iwasaki
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:2359-66. 2009..Our aim was to clarify the surgical efficacy of mosaicplasty for teenage athletes with advanced lesions of capitellar osteochondritis dissecans...
- Kinematic impact of anteromedial and posterolateral bundle graft fixation angles on double-bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstructionsColin J Anderson
Division of Sports Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Am J Sports Med 38:1575-83. 2010..Despite the recent popularity of this procedure, no consensus exists on an optimal set of AM and PL graft fixation angles...
- Classification, treatment, and outcome of osteochondritis dissecans of the humeral capitellum. Surgical techniqueMasatoshi Takahara
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Iida Nish 2 2 2, Yamagata City, 990 9585, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:47-62. 2008..Indications for the treatment of osteochondritis dissecans of the humeral capitellum have remained unclear. The aims of this study were to analyze the outcomes and to determine the most useful classification for the choice of treatment...
- Wrong-site surgery in orthopaedicsP M Robinson
Department of Orthopaedics, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, Stott Lane, Salford, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 91:1274-80. 2009..Orthopaedic surgery accounted for 87 (29.8%) of these cases. In the year 2006 to 2007, the rate of wrong-site surgery in England and Wales was highest in orthopaedic surgery, in which the estimated rate was 1:105,712 cases...
- Anatomic double-bundle revision anterior cruciate ligament surgery using fresh-frozen allograft tissueRobert N Royalty
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Kentucky, 740 South Limestone, Suite K401 Kentucky Clinic, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Clin Sports Med 28:311-26, ix. 2009..Anatomic double-bundle ACL technique improves knee kinematics and provides the rotatory stability necessary to return to ACL-dependent activities...
- Ulnar-sided wrist pain: evaluation and treatment of triangular fibrocartilage complex tears, ulnocarpal impaction syndrome, and lunotriquetral ligament tearsKavi Sachar
Hand Surgery Associates, Denver, CO 80210, USA
J Hand Surg Am 33:1669-79. 2008..Common causes of ulnar-sided wrist pain include triangular fibrocartilage complex injuries, lunotriquetral ligament injuries, and ulnar impaction syndrome...
- Coracoclavicular ligament reconstruction for acromioclavicular dislocation using 2 suture anchors and coracoacromial ligament transferSang Jin Shin
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Ewha Womans University, School of Medicine, 911 1, Mok dong, Yangcheon Ku, 158 710, Seoul, Korea
Am J Sports Med 37:346-51. 2009..The ideal surgical treatment for complete acromioclavicular dislocation is considered to be restoring separately each ligament supporting the joint to achieve optimal clinical outcomes...
- Utility of spine surgery: a comparison of common elective orthopaedic surgical proceduresTommy Hansson
Department of Orthopaedics, Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:2819-30. 2008..A 1-year prospective observational cohort study...
- Validation of surgical site infection surveillance in orthopedic proceduresKaisa Huotari
National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Infect Control 35:216-21. 2007..Valid data are essential for a national surveillance system of nosocomial infections...
- Risk factors for symptomatic knee osteoarthritis fifteen to twenty-two years after meniscectomyM Englund
Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 50:2811-9. 2004....
- Validation of the Japanese Society for Surgery of the Hand version of the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome InstrumentToshihiko Imaeda
Department of Public Health, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, 1 98 Dengakugakubo, Kutsukakecho, Toyoake, Aichi, 470 1192, Japan
J Orthop Sci 12:14-21. 2007..The purpose of this study was to test the reliability, validity, and responsiveness of the Japanese version of the CTSI (CTSI-JSSH)...
- Venous thromboembolism following major orthopedic surgery: what is the risk after discharge?Juan I Arcelus
University of Granada Medical School and Hospital San Juan de Dios, Granada, Spain
Orthopedics 29:506-16. 2006....
- Does prior administration of enoxaparin influence the effects of levobupivacaine on blood clotting? Assessment using the ThrombelastographS A Leonard
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Cork University Hospital and University College, Ireland
Br J Anaesth 86:808-13. 2001..7 (4.8) mm, 29.6 (25.6) mm, 34.4 (14.6) mm, 34.3 (12.2) degrees compared with control values of 6.1 (1.3) mm, 2.5 (0.5) mm, 63.5 (6.4) mm and 74.1 (2.9) degrees for r, K, MA, and alpha angle respectively)...
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation in the Management of Post-operative PainJeffrey J Borckardt; Fiscal Year: 2013..Total knee arthroplasty (TKA) is one of the most common orthopedic procedures performed...
- Rotator Cuff Degeneration and RepairStavros Thomopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will compare results in our animal model to clinical data to validate that our basic science studies are relevant to the human condition (Aim 2). ..
- TRAINING IN ORTHOPEDIC SKELETAL BIOLOGYD Rick Sumner; Fiscal Year: 2011..Relevance: This grant will help train scientists to improve healing of damaged bone and joints. Current orthopedic procedures are successful, but we hope to improve outcomes through a better understanding of the underlying ..
- Bundled Episode Payment and Gainsharing Demonstration ProjectTom Williams; Fiscal Year: 2010..The project expands a current California payment pilot for two orthopedic procedures in the under-65 commercial population that includes eight hospitals, one physician Independent Practice ..
- DIGITAL HAND ATLAS IN ASSESSMENT OF SKELETAL DEVELOPMENTH K Huang; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is also used for consultation in planning orthopedic procedures. The most common clinical method for bone age assessment is atlas matching by a left-hand wrist radiograph ..
- Spinal Fusion Using Adipose Derived Adult Stem CellsJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2005..The availability of "off the shelf ADAS cells for clinical orthopedic procedures will have a significant commercial and therapeutic impact.
- DIGITAL HAND ATLAS IN ASSESSMENT OF SKELETAL DEVELOPMENTH K Huang; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is also used for consultation in planning orthopedic procedures. A simple method for bone age assessment is atlas matching by a left-hand wrist radiograph against a small ..
- Biopolymer fiber as a bioabsorbable monofilament sutureDavid Martin; Fiscal Year: 2005..The suture is also expected to find application in fascia closure, and in orthopedic procedures for ligament and tendon repair...
- SPECIALIZED CENTER OF RESEARCH IN OSTEOARTHRITISKenneth Brandt; Fiscal Year: 1992..The individual projects are supported by five core units: Biochemistry, Biostatistics, Histology/Photomicrography, Orthopedic Procedures and Administration.
- FUNCTIONAL ROLE OF TNF-ALPHA CYTOKINES IN BONE REPAIRLouis Gerstenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2004..fractures, and to provide better control over the healing responses associated with other reconstructive orthopedic procedures, an improved understanding of the biology of bone healing is required...
- Mechanical Intervention in Children with Cerebral PalsyTishya Wren; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will also provide insight into the potential role of muscle adaptation and bone turnover in increasing bone mass in response to this simple, non-invasive, non-pharmacalogical intervention. ..
- Impact of Gait Analysis on Surgical OutcomesTishya Wren; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results will determine whether the use of gait analysis testing improves clinical outcomes in children who have walking problems due to cerebral palsy. ..
- Enhanced Primary Repair of Ligament InjuriesMartha Murray; Fiscal Year: 2008..In the third aim, the optimized scaffolds will be tested in an in vivo canine ACL non-union model. Information gained in each of these aims will serve to improve our understanding of mechanisms of ligament healing. ..
- Regional Gene Therapy to Enhance Bone RepairJay Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposed research will enhance our knowledge with respect to the potential pitfalls of gene therapy in enhancing bone repair and hopefully take us a step closer to adapting this technology for use in humans. ..
- A Novel Mechanism for Intra-articular NonunionMartha M Murray; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CONDITIONAL LENGTH OF STAY: A PEDIATRICS OUTCOME MEASUREJEFFREY SILBER; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, (5) policy recommendations and guidelines for the use of CLOS to measure pediatric quality of care will be developed. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Ectopic Bone FormationSTEVEN LIETMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Obesity and Surgical OutcomesJeffrey H Silber; Fiscal Year: 2010..The multi-institutional OBSOS study will examine differences in outcomes and treatments between obese and normal weight patients, and in so doing, should make important contributions to the care of these patients. ..
- Continued Development for The Image-guided Surgical Toolkit Project (IGSTK)Kevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- EVALUATION OF OSTEOPOROSIS PREVENTION IN THE ELDERLYAnna Tosteson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our proposed research will provide results useful in guiding both osteoporosis-related health policy and patient-centered decision making. ..
- Hospital-level Variation in Treatment IntensityAmber Barnato; Fiscal Year: 2007..This award will facilitate the candidate's transition to an independent health services researcher will lead to future funded studies and quality-improvement activities in Pennsylvania hospitals. ..
- A new allograft that promotes long-term, infection-free skeletal repairNOREEN J contact HICKOK; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Nanoparticle targeting of cathepsin-L inhibitor and doxorubicin in breast cancerShaker Mousa; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Provider and Organizational Norms and Care at End of Life (PONCEL): A Study of TwAmber Barnato; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- The Interaction of Mechanical Load and Inflammation in Tendon-Bone HealingScott A Rodeo; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of our studies will allow a scientific basis for the design of post- operative rehabilitation prescription. ..
- The comprehensive Sleep Apnea Severity Index as a predictor of CPAP use & outcomeKarthik Balakrishnan; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Smart Substrates for a New Generation of ImplantsIrving Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2009..Outcomes from this study will provide information for engineering of orthopaedic and dental implants that can be tested at the clinical level. ..
- Using behavioral economics to understand end-of-life decisionsAmber E Barnato; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Basic Science of Tendon To Bone HealingAsheesh Bedi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cleveland Clinic Orthopaedic Research Training GrantJOSEPH IANNOTTI; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Pain Management and Functional Recovery in Older AdultsR Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2006..the elderly population, and the increasing number of geriatric patients undergoing surgery - particularly orthopedic procedures- we propose to examine the effect of a multi-component and inter-disciplinary intervention designed to ..
- BONE GROWTH IN DENTAL, CRANIAL AND SKELETAL TISSUESIrving Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- NIA DEVELOPMENT AWARD PAIN AND DELIRIUM IN HIP FRACTURER Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2002..Dr. Morrison will engage in a number of educational activities in order to enhance his research and statistical analysis skills. ..
- MEDICAID MGD CARE FOR CHILDREN WITH SPEC HLTH CARE NEEDSJEAN MITCHELL; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Hindbrain Herniation in Sheep Model of MyelomeningoceleCornelia von Koch; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, we will characterize in lambs gross pathological and axonal pathfinding anomalies usually seen in the human disease. ..
- CRANIOFACIAL DEVELOPMENT: METABOLIC CONTROL OF APOPTOSISIrving Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2003..Taken together, these studies should highlight the molecular basis of bone cell apoptosis, a phenomenon that is now considered critical for bone growth and skeletal remodeling. ..
- EXON-SPECIFIC FIBRONECTIN ISOFORMS AND CHONDROGENESISNOREEN HICKOK; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Functional tissue engineering of tendonStavros Thomopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is expected that a combination of structural and compositional design will be necessary to achieve the viscoelastic properties of normal tendon. ..
- Bracing in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (BrAIST)Stuart Weinstein; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Evaluating Reversible Spinal Fixation in Biped RatsCharles Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2003..This progressive plan of study will permit evaluation of biological mechanisms thought to link the manipulable lesion (subluxation) with spinal manipulation and the chiropractic clinical experience. ..
- OR2020 Workshop: Operating Room of the FutureKevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2004..The workshop is currently scheduled to be held from April 16-17, 2004, at Turf Valley Conference Center in Ellicot City, Maryland. ..
- CT fluoroscopy guided robotically assisted lung biopsyKevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2005..The system will be validated in phantom and animal studies. The R33 phase will result in a system that is ready for clinical trials. ..
- Outcomes After ACL Reconstruction: Femoral Nerve BlockBrian Williams; Fiscal Year: 2005..develop expertise in clinical trials to measure outcomes after anesthesia and pain management for common orthopedic procedures. The applicant will do this under supervision of the mentor, by attending graduate courses, and ..
- UW Multidisciplinary Clinical Research Training (RMI)Richard Deyo; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Knee Implant Wear Evaluation-An Integrated ApproachTimothy Wright; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NIAMS Muiltidisciplinary Clinical Research Center in...Richard Deyo; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will require computer modeling, based on precedents in MR-PET scanning. We will determine if surgeons will accept the synthesized images as a replacement for CT-myelography for purposes of surgical planning. ..
- Cancer Decision Tool Symposium at SMDM Annual MeetingAmber Barnato; Fiscal Year: 2005..The 2005 SMDM Annual Meeting is open, and anyone can register to attend. ..
- Robotically Assisted Mouse InterventionsKevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. Perform a feasibility study using 10 mice to demonstrate the ability of the robot to biopsy the mouse flank as selected on the MRI images and evaluate the accuracy of the system. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Software Toolkit for Image Guided SurgeryKevin Cleary; Fiscal Year: 2005..Dissemination activities will be undertaken with the aim of fostering the use of the toolkit in research and clinical applications. ..
- Complications of Surgery for Spinal Stenosis: A Clinical Prediction RuleRichard A Deyo; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: A new method for estimating surgical risk will improve patient safety and assist in surgical decision-making, informed consent, monitoring surgical products, &improving quality assessment. ..
- In-vivo ACL TensionGuoan Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..This methodology can be readily extended to investigate and optimize the treatment of soft tissue injures of other articular joints such as the spine, shoulder, wrist and ankle. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- In Vivo PCL BiomechanicsGuoan Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our image technique will be further applicable to other soft tissue injuries such as cartilage defects and soft tissue defects in the shoulder, hip, wrist, ankle and spine. ..
- Bioreactivity Markers in Total Hip ReplacmentsNadim Hallab; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, variable immunologic responses induced by implant degradation products (i.e. lymphocyte response to metal ions and monocyte/macrophage response to particulate debris) will be correlated with the development of osteolysis ..
- MECHANISMS OF IMPLANT PARTICLE-INDUCED OSTEOCLASTOGENESIJohn Clohisy; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our aims are: 1) to determine the mechanism(s) by which PMMA particles induce NF-kB activation in osteoclast precursor cells and 2) to determine the effect of blocking NF-kB activation on PMMA-induced osteoclastogenesis in vitro. ..
- AGING AND PERIOPERATIVE OUTCOMESJACQUELINE LEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that our studies will provide important results contributing ultimately to the improvement of perioperative outcomes in geriatric patients. ..