Genomes and Genes
Summary: The administration of nutrients for assimilation and utilization by a patient by means other than normal eating. It does not include FLUID THERAPY which normalizes body fluids to restore WATER-ELECTROLYTE BALANCE.
Publications252 found, 100 shown here
- Nutritional support for patients with infected woundsHelen Ord
Leicester Royal Infirmary, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester
Br J Nurs 16:1346-8, 1350-2. 2007..Measures required to achieve this will vary, as all patients should be assessed on an individual basis...
- Availability of nutritional support services in HIV care and treatment sites in sub-Saharan African countriesAranka Anema
British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV AIDS, St Paul s Hospital, 608 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6, Canada
Public Health Nutr 15:938-47. 2012To examine the availability of nutritional support services in HIV care and treatment sites across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Postoperative complications in gastrointestinal cancer patients: the joint role of the nutritional status and the nutritional supportFederico Bozzetti
Department of Surgery, Hospital of Prato, Piazza dell Ospedale 5, 59100 Prato, Italy
Clin Nutr 26:698-709. 2007This study investigated the effects of nutritional support on postoperative complications, in relation with demographic and nutritional factors, intraoperative factors, type and routes of nutritional regimens.
- Nutritional support during oncologic treatment of patients with gastrointestinal cancer: who could benefit?Pierre Senesse
Department of Nutrition and Digestive Oncology, Institut Val d Aurelle, Montpellier, France
Cancer Treat Rev 34:568-75. 2008..Therefore, systematic screening and care of malnutrition is mandatory...
- Early nutritional support and outcomes in ELBW infantsRichard A Ehrenkranz
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Early Hum Dev 86:21-5. 2010..Recommendations to provide early nutritional support, both parenteral and enteral, have evolved in response to concern about the impact of poor in-hospital ..
- Nutritional support for head and neck cancer patients receiving radiotherapy: a systematic reviewShashank Garg
Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Support Care Cancer 18:667-77. 2010..This systematic review addressed the question "Which interventions aimed at optimizing nutrition are of benefit to HNSCC patients receiving RT?"..
- Nutritional risk screening (NRS 2002): a new method based on an analysis of controlled clinical trialsJens Kondrup
Nutrition Unit, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Nutr 22:321-36. 2003A system for screening of nutritional risk is described. It is based on the concept that nutritional support is indicated in patients who are severely ill with increased nutritional requirements, or who are severely undernourished, or ..
- Intrauterine, early neonatal, and postdischarge growth and neurodevelopmental outcome at 5.4 years in extremely preterm infants after intensive neonatal nutritional supportAxel R Franz
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology and Pediatric Critical Care, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Pediatrics 123:e101-9. 2009..The objective of this study was to determine whether intrauterine, early neonatal, or postdischarge growth is associated with neurocognitive and motor-developmental outcome in extremely preterm infants...
- Nutritional support strategies for malnourished cancer patientsMarian A E van Bokhorst-de van der Schueren
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, VU University Medical Center 2, PO Box 7057, Amsterdam 1007 MB, The Netherlands
Eur J Oncol Nurs 9:S74-83. 2005A large body of evidence exists, which demonstrates the importance of nutritional support in cancer...
- Branched-chain amino acid-enriched nutritional support in surgical and cancer patientsHaroon A Choudry
Department of Surgery, The Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, The Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA, USA
J Nutr 136:314S-8S. 2006..A number of small and diverse clinical trials studied the effects of BCAA-enriched nutritional support in moderately to severely stressed surgical and cancer patients...
- Optimizing early nutritional support based on recent recommendations in VLBW infants and postnatal growth restrictionThibault Senterre
Department of Neonatology, University of Liege, CHU de Liege, CHR de la Citadelle, Liege, Belgium
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 53:536-42. 2011The aim of this study was to evaluate postnatal growth up to discharge in very low birth weight infants after optimizing nutritional support based on recent nutritional recommendations.
- Nutritional support for chronic myelogenous and other leukemias: a review of the scientific literatureRonald Steriti
Altern Med Rev 7:404-9. 2002..This article briefly reviews the scientific literature on the therapeutic use of these nutrients for CML...
- Nutritional support of the critically ill childMichael S D Agus
Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 14:470-81. 2002..An appropriately designed mixed fuel system of nutritional support replete in protein does not quell this metabolic response but can result in anabolism and continued growth ..
- Negative impact of hypocaloric feeding and energy balance on clinical outcome in ICU patientsStéphane Villet
Anesthésiologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois CHUV, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Nutr 24:502-9. 2005..Critically ill patients with complicated evolution are frequently hypermetabolic, catabolic, and at risk of underfeeding. The study aimed at assessing the relationship between energy balance and outcome in critically ill patients...
- Nutritional support and oral intake after gastric resection in five northern European countriesKristoffer Lassen
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, University Hospital of Northern Norway, Tromsø, Norway
Dig Surg 22:346-52; discussion 352. 2005..We describe postoperative practice after gastric resections in five northern European countries. METHOD AND SETTING: Questionnaire survey in all major digestive surgical centres in Scotland, the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden and Norway...
- Nutritional support in patients with oesophageal cancerFederico Bozzetti
Residenza Le Querce Milano Due, 20090 Segrate, Italy
Support Care Cancer 18:S41-50. 2010..There is scientific evidence that frequently both conditions exist but in the advanced stages of disease metabolic alterations play a major role and are responsible for the poor response to nutritional support.
- Down syndrome and thyroid dysfunction: should nutritional support be the first-line treatment?R Thiel
Center for Natural Health Research, Down Syndrome Epilepsy Foundation, 1248 E Grand Avenue, Suite A, Arroyo Grande, CA 93420, USA
Med Hypotheses 69:809-15. 2007..b>Nutritional support for hypothyroidism offers some of the same benefits as drug therapy but without the likely negative long-..
- Nutritional support with nucleotide addition favors immune response in severely malnourished infantsEdgar Vasquez-Garibay
Instituto de Nutricion Humana, Departamento de Reproduccion Humana, Crecimiento y Desarrollo Infantil, 44340 Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Arch Med Res 35:284-8. 2004Adequate nutritional support of severe primary protein energy malnutrition (PEM) is indispensable for achieving normal immune response...
- Nutritional support in patients with colorectal cancer during chemotherapy: does it work?Renata Dobrila-Dintinjana
Department of Radiotherapy and Oncology, Clinical Hospital Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia
Hepatogastroenterology 60:475-80. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate whether dietary counseling, oral nutrition and megestrol acetate during chemotherapy affected nutritional status and survival in patients with advanced disease...
- Guidelines for the management of severe traumatic brain injury. XII. NutritionSusan L Bratton
J Neurotrauma 24:S77-82. 2007
- Energy intake and sources of nutritional support in patients with head and neck cancer--a randomised longitudinal studyE Silander
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg University, Sweden
Eur J Clin Nutr 67:47-52. 2013..The main purpose was to explore when and for how long the patients had dysphagia and lost weight due to insufficient intake and if having a PEG (percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy) in place for enteral nutrition made a difference...
- Effects of branched-chain amino acid-enriched nutrient for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma following radiofrequency ablation: a one-year prospective trialHidekatsu Kuroda
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Iwate Medical University, Morioka, Iwate, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:1550-5. 2010....
- Clinical practice guidelines from the French Health High Authority: nutritional support strategy in protein-energy malnutrition in the elderlyAgathe Raynaud-Simon
Department of Gerontology, Bichat and Beaujon Hospitals APHP, Denis Diderot University, Paris, France
Clin Nutr 30:312-9. 2011..The objective of these guidelines is to develop a tool for identifying and managing elderly subjects who are malnourished or at risk of malnutrition...
- The views and practice of oncologists towards nutritional support in patients receiving chemotherapyA Spiro
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
Br J Cancer 95:431-4. 2006..Major barriers to effective nutritional practice included lack of guidelines, knowledge and time...
- Oral nutritional support in malnourished elderly decreases functional limitations with no extra costsFloor Neelemaat
Departments of Nutrition and Dietetics, Internal Medicine and EMGO institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Nutr 31:183-90. 2012..Older people are vulnerable to malnutrition which leads to increased health care costs. The aim of this study was to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of nutritional supplementation from a societal perspective...
- Nutritional support in chronic renal failure: systematic reviewA Zarazaga
Department of Surgery, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Clin Nutr 20:291-9. 2001..of scientific evidence to establish graded recommendations based on the efficacy and effectiveness of nutritional support. METHODS: Computerized and online versions of MEDLINE (from 1989 through March 1999) and EMBASE (from 1988 ..
- Does adjuvant nutritional support diminish steroid dependency in Crohn disease?S Verma
Dept of Gastroenterology, Royal Hull Hospital NHS Trust, UK
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:383-8. 2001..Nutritional supplementation may also prevent relapses during the quiescent phase of Crohn disease, though this aspect has not been widely explored...
- [Incidence of nutritional support complications in critical patients: multicenter study]G M Agudelo
Universidad de Antioquia, Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
Nutr Hosp 26:537-45. 2011b>Nutritional support (NS) leads complications that must be detected and prompt treated.
- Chronic norovirus infection in pediatric hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients: a cause of prolonged intestinal failure requiring intensive nutritional supportM A Saif
Department of Blood and Marrow Transplant, Royal Manchester Children s Hospital, Manchester, UK
Pediatr Transplant 15:505-9. 2011..There was no disease manifestation beyond the gut but the severity and length of norovirus associated illness suggests that HSCT should be delayed where possible in patients excreting the virus prior to conditioning therapy...
- Route-dependent effect of nutritional support on liver glucose uptakeSheng Song Chen
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 702 Light Hall, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0615, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 289:R1319-27. 2005..58 +/- 16 pM, TPN vs. TPN+EG). TEN does not acutely enhance NHGU or disposition above that seen with TPN. However, partial delivery of enteral glucose is effective in decreasing the insulin requirement during chronic TPN...
- How to improve nutritional support in geriatric institutionsIsabelle Bourdel-Marchasson
CHU of Bordeaux, Department of Gerontology, University V Segalen Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
J Am Med Dir Assoc 11:13-20. 2010..Self-assessment of professional practices for all staff categories that are involved in this area can be used to increase training of staff and quality of nutritional care...
- Comparison of formulaic equations to determine energy expenditure in the critically ill patientAngela MacDonald
St John Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48859, USA
Nutrition 19:233-9. 2003..Measuring energy expenditure via indirect calorimetry (IC) is the most accurate method of determining needs. Often predictive equations are used because IC is not available at all institutions or for all populations...
- Nutritional support after ischemic stroke: more food for thoughtNeeraj Badjatia
Arch Neurol 65:15-6. 2008
- [From the creation to the appreciation of a personal digital assistant-based clinical decision-support system for the management of artificial nutrition]Y Attof
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Cardiovasculaire et Pneumologique Louis Pradel, Hospices Civils de Lyon, BP Lyon Monchat, 69394 Lyon Cedex 03, France ERI 22, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon I, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 26:1031-6. 2007..A CDSS was developed and implemented on a handheld computer for use in the ICU after cardiovascular and thoracic surgery...
- High frequencies of elevated alkaline phosphatase activity and rickets exist in extremely low birth weight infants despite current nutritional supportShannon M Mitchell
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
BMC Pediatr 9:47. 2009..Our objectives in this study were to determine the relationship between birth weight (BW) and peak serum alkaline phosphatase activity (P-APA) in ELBW infants and evaluate our experience with the diagnosis of rickets in these infants...
- Nutritional support in the patient with HIV infectionA P Gasparis
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, State University of New York, Syracuse, New York, USA
Nutrition 17:981-2. 2001..Steady advances have been made in understanding the mechanisms underlying weight loss in these patients. The utility and optimal modes of nutrition support have not yet been fully established...
- Health-related quality of life in patients with home nutritional supportC Wanden-Berghe
Spanish Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition SENPE, Madrid, Spain
J Hum Nutr Diet 22:219-25. 2009Home nutritional support (HNS) aims to improve or maintain the patient's quality of life...
- Nutritional support in acute pancreatitisJeannie P L Ong
Department of Gastroenterology, Changi General Hospital, Singapore
J Dig Dis 13:445-52. 2012..Most patients have a mild disease and recover without requiring nutritional support. Patients with severe acute pancreatitis may develop systemic inflammatory response syndrome and progress ..
- The efficacy of Nutrition Risk Screening-2002 (NRS-2002) to decide on the nutritional support in general surgery patientsA Serhat Gur
Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Ist Department of Surgery, Izmir, Turkey
Bratisl Lek Listy 110:290-2. 2009..In this prospective study, we aimed to find the effectiveness of NRS-2002 on preoperative patients who were candidates for elective procedure at a general surgery clinic...
- [Nutritional support in the critically ill patient: to whom, how, and when?]E J Fernández Ortega
Hospital Universitario Carlos Haya Málaga
Nutr Hosp 20:9-12. 2005Existing data about indication and time of onset of nutritional support are not homogeneous...
- Rethinking nutritional support for persons with cancer cachexiaDonna O McCarthy
National Institute of Nursing Research, 31 Center Drive, Room 5B 13, Bethesda, MD 20892 2178, USA
Biol Res Nurs 5:3-17. 2003..To date, nutritional support to slow weight loss has focused primarily on increasing calorie intake...
- Nutritional support after open liver resection: a systematic reviewB Richter
Department of Surgery, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Dig Surg 23:139-45. 2006..The aim of this review is to investigate the impact of early postoperative total enteral nutrition on convalescence after partial liver resection...
- [Nutritional support outcomes in critical care]C Serón Arbeloa
Unidad de Medicina Intensiva, Hospital San Jorge, Huesca, Espana
Nutr Hosp 26:1469-77. 2011To revise the effect of our nutritional support practices on outcomes from critical care patients and propose new study hypothesis.
- Nutritional support in head injuryAngela Vizzini
Division of Dietetics, Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Nutrition 27:129-32. 2011b>Nutritional support is imperative to the recovery of head-injury patients. Hypermetabolism and hypercatabolism place this patient population at increased risk for weight loss, muscle wasting, and malnutrition...
- Reduced postoperative infections with an immune-enhancing nutritional supplementC H Snyderman
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Laryngoscope 109:915-21. 1999..This study was undertaken to determine if perioperative nutritional supplementation with an immune-enhancing formula is superior to standard formula in the prevention of postoperative infectious complications...
- Neonatal nutrition: a brief reviewDavid L Schutzman
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19141, USA
World J Pediatr 4:248-53. 2008..Possibly the most important factor in the premature's ability to survive in the NICU and thrive is the ability to replicate in utero growth through enteral and parenteral nutrition...
- Nutritional support in oncologic patients: where we are and where we are goingFederico Bozzetti
University of Milan, Faculty of Medicine, Via Festa del Perdono 7, 20122 Milano, Italy
Clin Nutr 30:714-7. 2011The use of nutritional support in cancer patients has evolved since its introduction in the clinical practice 40 years ago...
- Nutritional support and functional capacity in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a systematic review and meta-analysisPeter F Collins
Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Human Nutrition, Southampton General Hospital, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Respirology 18:616-29. 2013Currently, there is confusion about the value of using nutritional support to treat malnutrition and improve functional outcomes in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Knowledge and attitudes of surgical trainees towards nutritional support: food for thoughtSherif Awad
Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Nottingham Digestive Diseases Centre NIHR Biomedical Research Unit, Nottingham University Hospitals, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Clin Nutr 29:243-8. 2010..We investigated the knowledge and attitudes of UK surgical trainees towards nutritional support and compared their responses with dieticians.
- Who benefits from nutritional support: what is the evidence?Rebecca J Stratton
Institute of Human Nutrition, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:353-8. 2007b>Nutritional support, including oral nutritional supplements, enteral tube feeding and parenteral nutrition, can be an important part of the management of any patient...
- Multicentre, cluster-randomized clinical trial of algorithms for critical-care enteral and parenteral therapy (ACCEPT)Claudio M Martin
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Ont
CMAJ 170:197-204. 2004The provision of nutritional support for patients in intensive care units (ICUs) varies widely both within and between institutions...
- The tight calorie control study (TICACOS): a prospective, randomized, controlled pilot study of nutritional support in critically ill patientsPierre Singer
Department of General Intensive Care, Rabin Medical Center, Campus Beilinson, 49100, Petah Tikva, Israel
Intensive Care Med 37:601-9. 2011To determine whether nutritional support guided by repeated measurements of resting energy requirements improves the outcome of critically ill patients.
- Perioperative immunonutrition for gastrointestinal cancer: a systematic review of randomized controlled trialsYan Zhang
Gansu Provincial Hospital, Donggang West Road No 204, Chengguan District, Lanzhou City, Gansu Province, China
Surg Oncol 21:e87-95. 2012..To improve the clinical outcome, immunonutrition (IN) was usually used in the patients undergoing elective gastrointestinal caner surgery. However, its effectiveness remains uncertain...
- Individual, nutritional support prevents undernutrition, increases muscle strength and improves QoL among elderly at nutritional risk hospitalized for acute stroke: a randomized, controlled trialLisa Ha
Department of Internal Medicine, Østfold Hospital Trust Fredrikstad, 1603 Fredrikstad, Norway
Clin Nutr 29:567-73. 2010Undernutrition after an acute stroke increases the risk of poor outcome. We wanted to examine the effect of individualized, nutritional support on weight loss and functional outcomes in stroke patients.
- Older adults and patients in need of nutritional support: review of current treatment options and factors influencing nutritional intakeWillem F Nieuwenhuizen
Danone Research, Center for Specialised Nutrition, Bosrandweg 20, 6700 CA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Clin Nutr 29:160-9. 2010..Better understanding of current treatment options and factors determining nutritional intake, may help design new strategies to solve this multifactorial problem...
- Efficacy of a transforming growth factor beta 2 containing nutritional support formula in a murine model of inflammatory bowel diseaseHelieh S Oz
Department of Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology Nutrition, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Am Coll Nutr 23:220-6. 2004..The objective of this study was to determine whether a diet containing TGF-beta 2 modulates intestinal injury and immune responses in an Interleukin-10 knockout (IL-10-/-) mouse model of IBD...
- Safety of probiotics in patients receiving nutritional support: a systematic review of case reports, randomized controlled trials, and nonrandomized trialsKevin Whelan
King s College, London, UK
Am J Clin Nutr 91:687-703. 2010Probiotics are increasingly used in patients receiving nutritional support; however, some case reports and trials have questioned their safety in such patients.
- Effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of early screening and treatment of malnourished patientsHinke M Kruizenga
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 82:1082-9. 2005..About 25-40% of hospital patients are malnourished. With current clinical practices, only 50% of malnourished patients are identified by the medical and nursing staff...
- Immunonutrition in surgical and critically ill patientsPhilip C Calder
Institute of Human Nutrition, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
Br J Nutr 98:S133-9. 2007..There is a view that this is due to a high arginine content driving nitric oxide production...
- Nutrition in patients with cystic fibrosis: a European ConsensusM Sinaasappel
Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Cyst Fibros 1:51-75. 2002..The purpose of the conference was to develop a consensus document on nutrition in patients with cystic fibrosis based on current evidence...
- Nutritional support and quality of life in stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patientsMerce Planas
Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Nutr 24:433-41. 2005..However, the use of nutritional supplements to reach their energy necessities requires optimisation between positive and adverse effects on outcome before being used systematically as part of their comprehensive care...
- Nutritional status and functional capacity after femoral neck fractures: a prospective randomized one-year follow-up studyM Bachrach-Lindström
Department of Medicine and Care, Division of Nursing Science, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Linkoping, Linkoping, Sweden
Aging (Milano) 12:366-74. 2000..A further aim was to evaluate the effect of nutritional support. One hundred patients were randomly assigned to treatment with either primary total hip arthroplasty (THA) ..
- Evaluation of nutritional practice in hospitalized cirrhotic patients: results of a prospective studyBernard Campillo
Service de Rééducation Digestive, Hopital Albert Chenevier, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 40 rue de Mesly, 94010 Creteil, France
Nutrition 19:515-21. 2003..We evaluated the impact of malnutrition and nutrition practice in 396 hospitalized cirrhotic patients (Child stages A, B, and C: 60, 169, and 167 patients) in a readaptative unit for liver diseases...
- Practical aspects of nutritional support for wound-healing patientsJeffrey I Mechanick
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Bone Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Am J Surg 188:52-6. 2004....
- Hospital malnutrition: the Brazilian national survey (IBRANUTRI): a study of 4000 patientsD L Waitzberg
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Nutrition 17:573-80. 2001..We assessed nutrition status and prevalence of malnutrition in hospital patients as determined by the Subjective Global Assessment Form, awareness of patients' nutrition status by health teams, and the use of nutrition therapy...
- ESPEN guidelines for nutrition screening 2002J Kondrup
Rigshospitalet University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Nutr 22:415-21. 2003..In order to reach this goal the Education and Clinical Practice Committee invites and welcomes all criticism and suggestions (button for mail to ECPC chairman)...
- Study protocol: cost-effectiveness of transmural nutritional support in malnourished elderly patients in comparison with usual careFloor Neelemaat
Departments of Nutrition and Dietetics, Internal Medicine and EMGO institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nutr J 9:6. 2010..Both in hospital setting and in community setting oral nutritional support has proven to be effective. However, cost-effectiveness studies are scarce...
- Glucagon-like peptide-2: update of the recent clinical trialsPalle Bekker Jeppesen
Department of Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Gastroenterology 130:S127-31. 2006....
- Issues of nutritional support for the patient with acute pancreatitisStephen A McClave
Department of Medicine, University of Louisville School of Medicine, KY 40202, USA
Semin Gastrointest Dis 13:154-60. 2002Management strategies in the nutritional support of the patient with acute pancreatitis have changed dramatically over the past 10 years...
- Risks and benefits of nutritional support during critical illnessYves Debaveye
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Catholic University of Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Annu Rev Nutr 26:513-38. 2006..disease states, this observation evoked an almost universal, albeit often inappropriate, use of nutritional support (NS) in the critically ill, administered via the parenteral or the enteral route...
- Hypophosphatemia in postoperative patients with total parenteral nutrition: influence of nutritional support teamsM J Martinez
Pharmacy Department, Meixoeiro Hospital, Vigo, Pontevedra, Spain
Nutr Hosp 21:657-60. 2006..study of postoperative patients under total parenteral nutrition controlled by a Multidisciplinary Nutritional Support Team in a tertiary care hospital. Between january 2002 and november 2003...
- Effect of nutritional support on clinical outcome in patients at nutritional riskNiels Johansen
Clinical Nutrition Unit 5711, Rigshospitalet, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Nutr 23:539-50. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of nutritional intervention in a random sample of hospitalized patients at nutritional risk...
- A randomized study of nutritional support in patients with colorectal and gastric cancerChristina R Persson
Department of Oncology, Radiology, and Clinical Immunology, University Hospital, S 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Nutr Cancer 42:48-58. 2002..Patients were randomized in a 2 x 2 design between 1) IS, including nutritional support, 2) group rehabilitation (GR), 3) IS + GR (ISGR), or 4) standard care (SC)...
- Energy and protein intakes of acute stroke patientsN Foley
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Parkwood Hospital, St Joseph s Health Care London, Ontario N6C 5J1, Canada
J Nutr Health Aging 10:171-5. 2006..Although protein-energy malnutrition has been cited as a frequent complication following stroke, there is very little data describing nutritional intake among hospitalized patients...
- A review of the true methodological quality of nutritional support trials conducted in the critically ill: time for improvementGordon S Doig
Department of Intensive Care, Northern Clinical School, University of Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital, Pacific Highway, St Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia
Anesth Analg 100:527-33. 2005In this review we sought to appraise the true methodological quality of nutritional support studies conducted in critically ill patients and to compare these findings to the methodological quality of sepsis trials...
- Should patients with cancer be offered nutritional support: does the benefit outweigh the burden?Ronald L Koretz
Olive View UCLA Medical Center, Sylmar, California 91342, USA
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:379-82. 2007....
- Improvement of weight and fat-free mass with oral nutritional supplementation in patients with Alzheimer's disease at risk of malnutrition: a prospective randomized studySylvie Lauque
Alzheimer Research and Clinical Center, Toulouse University Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:1702-7. 2004..To study the effects of oral nutritional supplements (OS) on body weight, body composition, nutritional status, and cognition in elderly patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- The use of protocols for nutritional support is definitely needed in the intensive care unitJean Charles Preiser
Crit Care Med 32:2354-5. 2004
- Practice management guidelines for nutritional support of the trauma patientDavid G Jacobs
Department of Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
J Trauma 57:660-78; discussion 679. 2004
- Nutritional support in acute pancreatitisNeeraj Kaushik
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 200 Lothrop Street, PUH, Mezzanine Level, C Wing, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 6:320-6. 2004..Consequently, the need for interventional nutritional support is great...
- Nutritional assessment: its role in the provision of nutritional supportW J Marshall
The London Clinic, 20 Devonshire Place, London W1G 6BW, UK
J Clin Pathol 61:1083-8. 2008..to diagnose specific nutritional deficiencies (eg, of trace elements) and to monitor the provision of nutritional support, to detect metabolic complications and to assess its adequacy (for which the measurement of serum ..
- [Standards, options and recommendations: nutritional support in palliative or terminal care of adult patients with progressive cancer]P Bachmann
Bull Cancer 88:985-1006. 2001..practice guidelines according to the definitions of the Standards, Options and Recommendations project for nutritional support in adult patients with advanced or terminal cancer...
- Practical implications of nutritional support during continuous renal replacement therapyA Marin
Pharmaceutical Nutrition Group, School of Biological and Molecular Sciences, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, UK
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 4:219-25. 2001..This review provides a practical overview of nutritional support in acute renal failure, including assessment techniques, determination of nutrient needs, and appropriate ..
- Nutritional support of the cancer patient: issues and dilemmasG Nitenberg
Intensive Care Unit, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805, Villejuif, France
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 34:137-68. 2000..A simple nutritional assessment program and early counselling by a dietitian are essential to guide nutritional support and to alert the physician to the need for enteral (EN) or parenteral nutrition (PN)...
- Does nutritional supplementation influence the voluntary dietary intake in an acute geriatric hospitalized population?E Joosten
Department of Pathophysiology, University Hospitals K U Leuven, Belgium
Aging (Milano) 13:391-4. 2001..In conclusion, short-term nutritional supplementation has a beneficial effect on the total daily caloric intake in elderly hospitalized patients with and without malnutrition, but the wastage remains high...
- Therapeutic approaches to malnutrition in chronic dialysis patients: the different modalities of nutritional supportJ D Kopple
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Harbor UCLA Medical Center and Schools of Medicine and Public Health, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90509, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 33:180-5. 1999..There are a number of modalities of nutritional support for the prevention or treatment of PEM in maintenance dialysis patients...
- Nutritional support in multimodal therapy for cancer cachexiaIngvar Bosaeus
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, 413 45, Goteborg, Sweden
Support Care Cancer 16:447-51. 2008..Hypermetabolism and diminished energy intake due to anorexia may thus constitute a vicious circle in the development of cancer cachexia...
- Nutritional support in acute kidney injuryEnrico Fiaccadori
Department of Clinical Medicine, Nephrology and Prevention Science, University of Parma, Parma Italy
J Nephrol 21:645-56. 2008..Thus, nutritional support is frequently required, under the form of parenteral and/or enteral nutrition, even though no formal ..
- Summary of the Standards, Options and Recommendations for nutritional support in patients undergoing bone marrow transplantation (2002)B Raynard
Hopital Antoine Beclere, Clamart, France
Br J Cancer 89:S101-6. 2003
- Nutritional support in acute renal failureLingtak Neander Chan
Departments of Pharmacy Practice and Medicine, Section of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Colleges of Pharmacy and Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 833 South Wood Street MC 886, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 7:207-12. 2004....
- Nutritional support for wound healingDouglas MacKay
Thorne Research, Inc, PO Box 25, Dover, ID 83825, USA
Altern Med Rev 8:359-77. 2003..To promote wound healing in the shortest time possible, with minimal pain, discomfort, and scarring to the patient, it is important to explore nutritional and botanical influences on wound outcome...
- A retrospective study about the influence of early nutritional support on mortality and nosocomial infection in the critical care settingC Serón-Arbeloa
Intensive Care Unit, Hospital General San Jorge, Salud, Huesca, Spain
Clin Nutr 30:346-50. 2011To determine whether early nutritional support reduces mortality and the incidence of nosocomial infection, in critically ill patients in the current practice.
- Effects of nutritional support in patients with colorectal cancer during chemotherapyRenata Dobrila Dintinjana
Gastroenterology Department, University Hospital Center Rijeka, Rijeka, Croatia
Coll Antropol 32:737-40. 2008b>Nutritional support, addressing the specific needs of this patient group, is required to help improve prognosis, and reduce the consequences of cancer-associated nutritional decline...
- A primer of nutritional support for gastroenterologistsSamuel Klein
Center for Human Nutrition, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Avenue, Box 8031, St Louis, Missouri 63110 1083, USA
Gastroenterology 122:1677-87. 2002
- Metabolism and nutritional support in the surgical neonateAgostino Pierro
Department of Paediatric Surgery, The Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, University College London, London, England
J Pediatr Surg 37:811-22. 2002..The metabolism of surgical neonates is affected by operative trauma, critical illness, and sepsis. Nutritional support in surgical neonates has a profound impact on outcome...
- Insufficient fluid and energy intake in hospitalised patients with hip fracture. A prospective randomised study of 80 patientsMagnus Eneroth
Department of Orthopaedics, Lund University Hospital, S 22185 Lund, Sweden
Clin Nutr 24:297-303. 2005..Evaluate nutritional status and fluid and energy intake during the first ten days of hospitalisation in a selection of otherwise healthy patients with a hip fracture...
- Insufficient nutritional knowledge among health care workers?Morten Mowe
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Aker University Hospital, Trondheimsveien 155, 0514 Oslo, Norway
Clin Nutr 27:196-202. 2008..The aim of this questionnaire was to study doctors and nurses' self-reported knowledge in nutritional practice, with focus on ESPEN's guidelines in nutritional screening, assessment and treatment...
- Evidence supports nutritional supportH Lochs
Clin Nutr 25:177-9. 2006
- Effect of early nutrition on deaths due to severe traumatic brain injuryRoger Hartl
Department of Neurological Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Neurosurg 109:50-6. 2008..The effect of timing and quantity of nutrition on death within the first 2 weeks of injury was analyzed in a large prospective database of adult patients with severe TBI in New York State...
- Nutritional support for malnourished patients with cancerChristine Baldwin
Nutritional Sciences Division, King s College London, London, UK
Curr Opin Support Palliat Care 5:29-36. 2011..characterized and frequently confused with cachexia, which may complicate the interpretation of studies of nutritional support. The aims of this review were to examine the impact of cancer on nutritional status and to review the role ..
- Nocturnal nutritional supplementation improves total body protein status of patients with liver cirrhosis: a randomized 12-month trialLindsay D Plank
Department of Surgery, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Hepatology 48:557-66. 2008..For the daytime group, no significant changes in TBP were seen. Daily energy and protein intakes at 3 months were higher than at baseline in both groups (P < 0.0001), and these changes did not differ between the groups...
- The human gut microbiome, malnutrition and vaccine responsesANDREW LEON KAU; Fiscal Year: 2013..state does not persist after withdrawal of RUTF, does this mean that in the absence of longer-term nutritional support, lingering abnormalities in the metabolic activities contribute to persistent physiological abnormalities ..
- Adipose Organ Transplant for Treatment of Maple Syrup Urine DiseaseCHRISTOPHER JOHN LYNCH; Fiscal Year: 2012..Standard treatment involves intensive nutritional support to lower BCAA intake...
- Regulation of Hepatic Metabolic Function by Parenteral NutritionDouglas G Burrin; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies in premature pigs are highly translational and will lead to new clinical practices in nutritional support and prevention of liver disease in infants.
- Improving Food Security and Nutrition to Promote ART Adherence in Latin AmericaHomero Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, promoting food security and effective nutritional support are crucial to ensuring optimal ART uptake, adherence, and outcomes...
- Food and Eating Behaviors of Head and Neck Cancer PatientsJulie L Locher; Fiscal Year: 2013..does social support reduce the likelihood that HNC patients and survivors will rely upon feeding tubes for nutritional support? Third, how does social support influence dietary behaviors of HNC patients and survivors? The first ..
- Regulation of Neonatal Muscle Protein SynthesisTeresa A Davis; Fiscal Year: 2012..There is controversy as to which nutritional support mechanism is optimal...
- Regulation of synovial fibroblast function via Cadherin-11 cleavageMichael B Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2013..Further, it is thought to provide nutritional support for the avascular cartilage tissue...
- Nutrition Infection and Hepatic Carbohydrate MetabolismOwen McGuinness; Fiscal Year: 2009The liver has a unique adaptive response to continuous nutritional support (NS). The liver switches from a site of modest glucose uptake and glycogen storage to an organ that efficiently converts glucose to lactate (i.e...
- Advancing Science for the Diagnosis and Treatment of GastroparesisPankaj J Pasricha; Fiscal Year: 2013..and vomiting, early satiety, postprandial fullness, abdominal pain, and malnutrition that may require nutritional support. The broad objectives of this proposal is to improve our understanding of this disorder and advancing the ..
- Continuation of the NIDDK Gastroparesis ConsortiumIrene Sarosiek; Fiscal Year: 2013..and vomiting, early satiety, postprandial fullness, abdominal pain, and malnutrition that may require nutritional support. GP has a devastating impact on quality of life and predominantly affects younger women...
- Feeding and Pancreatic Rest in Acute PancreatitisDAVID CLEMENT WHITCOMB; Fiscal Year: 2012..The backbone of management is nutritional support as metabolic expenditure is excessively high and patients cannot eat for extended lengths of time ...
- The Diagnosis and Treatment of Critical Illness Polyneuromyopathy in Patients witMarc Moss; Fiscal Year: 2013..ill patients that will eventually develop CIPNM may improve the efficacy of specific medical therapies, nutritional support, or intensive physical therapy...
- METHODS FOR MEASURING NATURAL DENGUE TRANSMISSION FROM HUMANS TO MOSQUITOESAMY CELESTE MORRISON; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Astroglial Monocarboxylate Transporter (MCT) Pathway in NeurodegenerationJeffrey D Rothstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..One important function of astrocytes is to transport nutrients from capillaries to neurons. Much of the nutritional support is in the form of glucose;however, it has been theorized that an alternate pathway, involving lactate, may ..
- Multiple Medical Therapies for Pediatric TBI;Comparative Effectiveness ApproachStephen R Wisniewski; Fiscal Year: 2013..prophylactic hyperventilation and brain tissue oxygen monitoring (PbO2);(iii) metabolic support - nutritional support and glucose management...
- Promoting Safe Use of Medications by Providing Medication Education to Seniors ReKRISTINA E contact WARD-BRUCE; Fiscal Year: 2011..The Meals on Wheels program provides nutritional support to seniors as well as those persons with disabilities under age 60 which allows them to remain independent ..
- Asha Improving Health and Nutrition of Indian Women with AIDS and Their ChildrenSanjeev Sinha; Fiscal Year: 2013..build on and extend our successful pilot work to meet this need, by assessing the incremental advantages of nutritional support to Asha care and support alone, and the impact of these programs on an index child (oldest between 3-8 ..
- ENHANCING RADIATION THERAPY: VASCULAR TARGETING AGENTSDietmar W Siemann; Fiscal Year: 2013..This strategy aims to impair the tumor's nutritional support system by target the tumor blood vessel network...
- Prevention of postparutm weight retention in low income WIC womenSuzanne Phelan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program, which is a federally- funded community-based program providing nutritional support for low income multi-ethnic women...
- A MULTI-CHANNEL GASTRIC PACER FOR TREATING GASTROPARESISRobert Ross; Fiscal Year: 2000..However, there are a number of patients who are refractory to these therapies. 2) Nutritional support - using total parenteral nutrition or tube feeding via jejunostomy...
- A MULTI-CHANNEL GASTRIC PACER FOR TREATING GASTROPARESISRobert Ross; Fiscal Year: 2004..Jejunostomy and TPN offer nutritional support and address the symptoms of gastroparesis, but pose quality-of-life issues and do not correct the ..
- MEGESTROL ACETATE FOR TREATMENT OF CANCER CACHEXIADavid Heber; Fiscal Year: 1992Despite the development of advanced methods of nutritional support and therapy, malnutrition in cancer patients remains a serious and frequent problem. In 1986, Tchekmedyian et.al...
- Short-Chain Fatty Acid Enhanced Intestinal AdaptationKELLY TAPPENDEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..fatty acid regeneration in intestinal structure and function become known, it will be possible to optimize the nutritional support of children with short-bowel syndrome and reduce their long-term dependence on TPN.
- NUTRITION SUPPORT EFFECT ON SEVERE ACUTE PANCREATITISStephen Martin; Fiscal Year: 1999..Unfortunately, mild pancreatitis is by definition a mild, self-limited disease that does not require nutritional support. We HYPOTHESIZE that 1 ) TPN and enteral (intrajejunal) feeding provide comparable, effective nutritional ..
- Amino Acids and Muscle Protein SynthesisRobert Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2006..clarify the mechanisms whereby amino acids regulate muscle protein synthesis, and the ultimate benefit of this information will be in terms of designing appropriate nutritional support in a variety of clinical settings.
- RECYCLING OF UREA NITROGEN IN CANCER CACHEXIABruce Patterson; Fiscal Year: 1999..Since cachectic subjects generally exhibit anorexia and malnutrition, it is imperative that nutritional support should have the requisite precursors to assist the urea N recycling process to recover and reutilize N ..
- Infant Overfeeding in Immigrant FamiliesMark Doescher; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thisnew knowledge will be linked with content covering current best practices for infant nutritional support. This training program, termed the "Infant Feeding Cultural Support" curriculum, will be designed to train ..
- ENERGY EXPENDITURE IN BURNED PATIENTSRobert Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 1991Meeting the caloric requirements of burn patients is an important aspect of patient care. Insufficient nutritional support can decrease immunocompetence and wound healing, whereas an excessive caloric burden can cause liver abnormalities ..
- ABNORMAL METABOLISM IN ALCOHOLIC CIRRHOSISRajender Chawla; Fiscal Year: 1993..A large number of malnourished alcoholic cirrhotics routinely receive elemental formula for nutritional support but do not respond to the therapy...
- BODY COMPOSITION AND NUTRITION IN SPINAL CORD INJURYPAUL SCHLOERB; Fiscal Year: 1991..From all of these data, optimum protein-calorie nutritional support will be defined.
- DYSPHAGIA THERAPY FOLLOWING STROKE--CONTROLLED TRIALMichael Reding; Fiscal Year: 1992..The basic hypothesis is that optimum management of fluid intake, nutritional support, and airway protection should obviate many of the problems which plague rehabilitation efforts: Dehydration,..
- SURGICAL STUDIES ON METABOLISM OF GI HORMONESGuillermo Gomez; Fiscal Year: 2003..ischemia results in severe malabsorption and ultimately in clinical malnutrition requiring total parenteral nutritional support. The long term objectives of the proposed work are to understand the roles gastrointestinal (GI) hormones ..
- Development of a magnetically guided feeding tubeSABRY GABRIEL; Fiscal Year: 2004..APPLICATIONS: This innovative technology will provide a much needed device for quick enteral access, nutritional support, and administration of medication to critically ill patients at a low cost, without need for fluoroscopy or ..
- DIET, DISEASE, AND PANCREATIC ENZYME SYNTHESIS IN HUMANSSTEPHEN O KEEFE; Fiscal Year: 2004..on both the stimulatory effects of food on the human digestive system and the nutritional value of modern nutritional support techniques, and help determine why elemental diets are more effective than TPN in the management of ..
- ANABOLIC HORMONES IN NUTRITION SUPPORTThomas Ziegler; Fiscal Year: 1999..investigation has been centered on methods to improve the metabolic and clinical efficacy of specialized nutritional support. One important area of research has focused on the effects of anabolic growth factors (including growth ..
- Monitoring sarcopenic obesity in the elderlyJoseph Kehayias; Fiscal Year: 2007..status of individuals and will be used to evaluate the benefits and risks of anabolic treatments, nutritional support and the management of obesity in children and adults...
- EFFICACY OF GLUTAMINE DIPEPTIDE IN CATABOLIC PATIENTSThomas Ziegler; Fiscal Year: 2000..GLN deficiency may contribute to diminished organ function, and underlie the limited impact of conventional nutritional support during severe illness...
- A TOPICAL MICRONUTRIENT DELIVERY SYSTEMJaber Qasem; Fiscal Year: 2001..proposal is to determine the feasibility of developing a topical micronutrient delivery system to provide nutritional support to skin...
- Food Programs and Nutritional Support of the ElderlyVicki Lamb; Fiscal Year: 2003..Long Term Care Survey (NLTCS), linked Medicare records, and additional data to characterize available nutritional support programs at the local and state level...
- COOPERATIVE CORE LAB AND CLINICAL NUTRITION RESEARCHRichard Rivlin; Fiscal Year: 2006..physicians and allied health personnel (funds derived from other sources); (6) Research components of nutritional support services; and (7) Public information activities (funds derived from other sources)...
- SKELETAL MUSCLE ENERGY METABOLISM IN SURGICAL PATIENTSDanny Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 1993..These changes may be used to understand the effects of nutritional support in surgical patients and to determine the optimal nutrient requirements for skeletal muscle...
- NUTRIENT SUPPORT IN TRANSPLANTATION RESEARCH WORKSHOPW Helton; Fiscal Year: 1999..Despite these facts, there has been very little organized effort to discuss the roles of nutritional support or potential benefits of specific nutrients on the function of transplanted organs or the outcome of the ..
- Beta-Blockade Reduces Catabolism in Severely Injured Trauma PatientsJeffrey Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Reducing the effects of the postinjury catabolic period has proved difficult. Supplementation of nutritional support with high levels of protein, specific amino acids, or hormones has not been shown to have a substantial ..
- BIOBEHAVIORAL INTERVENTIONS FOR ORAL PAIN AND MUCOSITISDeborah McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2001..The secondary aim is to analyze and compare selected costs (pain medications, nutritional support and prolonged hospital stay or readmission due to mucositis) in patients receiving misoprostol plus ..
- METABOLIC RESPONSE TO ACUTE INFECTIONBruce Bistrian; Fiscal Year: 1980..Various types of hypocaloric nutritional support may either adversely affect or promote this injury response...
- NUTRITIONAL SUPPORT & REHABILITATION FOR CANCER PATIENTSCharles Butterworth; Fiscal Year: 1980..The fourth goal is to collect data for computerized storage, retrieval, and analysis to study correlations between nutrition parameters, therapy, and outcome. ..
- COOPERATIVE CORE LAB & CLINICAL NUTRITION RESEARCH UNITRichard Rivlin; Fiscal Year: 2000..Education programs for medical students, house staff, practicing physicians and paramedical personnel, (6) Nutritional support services, and (7) Public information activities...
- COOPERATIVE STUDY OF CHILDREN'S CANCERGUSSIE HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 1980..characterization of selected neoplasms, intensive chemotherapy in the protected environment, optimum nutritional support in childhood malignancies, and approaches to psychosocial rehabilitation of the pediatric cancer patient ..
- Apoptosis in Retinal DetachmentsDavid Zacks; Fiscal Year: 2006..for these diseases, patients still experience a large amount of vision loss secondary to the disruption in nutritional support provided to the retina by the underlying tissues...
- CHILDRENS CANCER GROUPPaul Gaynon; Fiscal Year: 2002..characterization of selected neoplasms; effects of cancer and its treatment on hematopoiesis optimum nutritional support in childhood malignancies; approaches to psychosocial rehabilitation of the pediatric cancer patient and ..
- A NEW DEVICE FOR METABOLIC MONITORING OF INFANTSRussell Rising; Fiscal Year: 2001..APPLICATION: It is our intent to develop this metabolic instrument for use by nutritionists and other health care specialists to provide improved nutritional support for infants undergoing treatment for various metabolic disorders.