Genomes and Genes
Summary: Abnormally high temperature intentionally induced in living things regionally or whole body. It is most often induced by radiation (heat waves, infra-red), ultrasound, or drugs.
Publications303 found, 100 shown here
- Heat penetration in locally applied hyperthermia in the abdomen during intra-operative hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapyS van Ruth
Department of Surgical Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Anticancer Res 23:1501-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate heat penetration in the abdomen during 10 HIPEC procedures...
- Randomized trial of cytoreduction and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy versus systemic chemotherapy and palliative surgery in patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal cancerVic J Verwaal
Department of Surgery, Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 21:3737-43. 2003....
- Immunotargeted nanoshells for integrated cancer imaging and therapyChristopher Loo
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, P O Box 1892, Houston, Texas 77251 1892, USA
Nano Lett 5:709-11. 2005..In a proof of principle experiment, dual imaging/therapy immunotargeted nanoshells are used to detect and destroy breast carcinoma cells that overexpress HER2, a clinically relevant cancer biomarker...
- Heated intra-operative intraperitoneal oxaliplatin after complete resection of peritoneal carcinomatosis: pharmacokinetics and tissue distributionD Elias
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy Comprehensive Cancer Center, Villejuif, France
Ann Oncol 13:267-72. 2002..Oxaliplatin has demonstrated significant activity in advanced colorectal cancer, and this is the first publication concerning its intraperitoneal administration...
- Comparison of radiotherapy alone with radiotherapy plus hyperthermia in locally advanced pelvic tumours: a prospective, randomised, multicentre trial. Dutch Deep Hyperthermia GroupJ Van der Zee
Subdivision of Hyperthermia, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Lancet 355:1119-25. 2000..Local-control rates after radiotherapy for locally advanced tumours of the bladder, cervix, and rectum are disappointing. We investigated the effect of adding hyperthermia to standard radiotherapy...
- Hyperthermia in combined treatment of cancerP Wust
Department of Radiation Oncology, Charite Medical School, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Lancet Oncol 3:487-97. 2002..However, for every particular temperature-dependent interaction exploited for clinical purposes, sophisticated control of temperature, spatially as well as temporally, in deep body regions will further improve the potential...
- Randomized trial of hyperthermia and radiation for superficial tumorsEllen L Jones
Radiation Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, DUMC Box 3085, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:3079-85. 2005....
- Intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia and attempted cytoreductive surgery in patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal originO Glehen
Department of Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Br J Surg 91:747-54. 2004..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia (IPCH) following cytoreductive surgery in patients with colorectal carcinomatosis...
- Photo-thermal tumor ablation in mice using near infrared-absorbing nanoparticlesD Patrick O'Neal
Nanospectra Biosciences, Inc, 8285 El Rio Suite 130, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Cancer Lett 209:171-6. 2004..This simple, non-invasive procedure shows great promise as a technique for selective photo-thermal tumor ablation...
- Intracranial thermotherapy using magnetic nanoparticles combined with external beam radiotherapy: results of a feasibility study on patients with glioblastoma multiformeKlaus Maier-Hauff
Department of Neurosurgery, Bundeswehrkrankenhaus, Berlin, Germany
J Neurooncol 81:53-60. 2007..6 degrees C (42.4-49.5 degrees C) were measured and signs of local tumor control were observed. In conclusion, deep cranial thermotherapy using magnetic nanoparticles can be safely applied on glioblastoma multiforme patients...
- Heat shock proteins: stress proteins with Janus-like properties in cancerStuart K Calderwood
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Int J Hyperthermia 24:31-9. 2008..Immunological approaches aim at increasing HSP levels in cells and tissues with the aim of increasing tumor antigen presentation to the immune system...
- Surgery combined with peritonectomy procedures and intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia in abdominal cancers with peritoneal carcinomatosis: a phase II studyO Glehen
Surgical Department, Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Unit, Medical Oncology Department, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
J Clin Oncol 21:799-806. 2003..To evaluate the tolerance of peritonectomy procedures (PP) combined with intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia (IPCH) in patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis (PC), a phase II study was carried out from January 1998 to September 2001...
- The role of interleukin-6 in stress-induced hyperthermia and emotional behaviour in miceVeronika Butterweck
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Universitaetsklinikum Muenster, Domagkstrasse 12, Muenster 48149, Germany
Behav Brain Res 144:49-56. 2003..These data suggest that IL-6 plays an important role in the control of emotionality, but not in the regulation of body temperature after psychological stress...
- Long-term survival of peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal originVic J Verwaal
Department of Surgery, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 12:65-71. 2005..In The Netherlands Cancer Institute, this treatment has been performed since 1995. The long tradition of this treatment enabled us to study long-term survival in detail...
- Stress-induced hyperthermia in the rat: comparison of classical and novel recording methodsR Dallmann
Institute of Zoology, School of Veterinary Medicine, 30559 Hannover, Germany
Lab Anim 40:186-93. 2006Stress causes a rise in body temperature in laboratory animals (stress-induced hyperthermia). However, the direct effect of common stressors in animal research, i.e...
- Consensus statement on the loco-regional treatment of appendiceal mucinous neoplasms with peritoneal dissemination (pseudomyxoma peritonei)Brendan Moran
Colorectal Research Unit, North Hampshire Hospital, Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
J Surg Oncol 98:277-82. 2008..Concerning the main controversial methodological questions, there was an high grade of consistency among the experts and agreement with the findings of the literature...
- Transpupillary thermotherapy (TTT) for the treatment of choroidal neovascularisationR S Newsom
King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 85:173-8. 2001..To assess the effectiveness of transpupillary thermotherapy (TTT) for the treatment of classic and occult choroidal neovascularisation (CNV)...
- Consensus statement on the loco regional treatment of colorectal cancer with peritoneal disseminationJesus Esquivel
Surgical Oncology, St Agnes Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21229, USA
J Surg Oncol 98:263-7. 2008..This manuscript will analyze and discuss the results of a group of health care providers trying to achieve a consensus statement in the management of this group of patients...
- Systematic review of cytoreductive surgery and heated intraoperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy for treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis in primary and recurrent ovarian cancerL Bijelic
Peritoneal Surface Malignancy Program, Washington Cancer Institute, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Ann Oncol 18:1943-50. 2007..Selection criteria for patients most likely to benefit need to be defined...
- Peritonectomy and intraperitoneal hyperthermic perfusion (IPHP): a strategy that has confirmed its efficacy in patients with pseudomyxoma peritoneiMarcello Deraco
Department of Surgery, Melanoma and Sarcoma Unit, National Cancer Institute of Milan, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 11:393-8. 2004..The aim of this multicentric study was to evaluate the survival, morbidity, toxicity, and mortality of patients with PMP treated by cytoreductive surgery (CRS) with intraperitoneal hyperthermic perfusion (IPHP)...
- The efficacy of thermotherapy to treat cutaneous leishmaniasis in Colombia: a comparative observational study in an operational settingJuan Carlos Vega
Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Santafe de Bogota, Colombia
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 103:703-6. 2009..Per protocol and intention-to-treat cure rates for meglumine antimoniate (20 mg/kg body weight administered intramuscularly for 21 d) were 78 and 23%, respectively...
- Cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal chemo-hyperthermia for chemo-resistant and recurrent advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: prospective study of 81 patientsEddy Cotte
Department of Oncologic Surgery, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
World J Surg 31:1813-20. 2007..Locoregional treatments combining cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia (HIPEC) may improve survival for locoregional disease...
- The effect of tumour size on ferromagnetic embolization hyperthermia in a rabbit liver tumour modelP Moroz
Centre for Applied Cancer Studies, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Perth, Australia
Int J Hyperthermia 18:129-40. 2002..The objective was to determine the effect of tumour size during FEH using a rabbit liver tumour model...
- [Peritoneal carcinomatosis. Surgical treatment, peritonectomy and intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia]Olivier Glehen
Service de Chirurgie Viscerale et Thoracique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:210-5. 2002
- [Preparation and characterization of magnetic nano-particles with radiofrequency-induced hyperthermia for cancer treatment]Xiangshan Fan
Department of Pathology and Pathophysiology, Institute of Molecular Pathology, Medical School Southeast University, Nanjing 210009, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 23:809-13. 2006..Magnetic nano-particles were found to have no obvious cytotoxicity to L929 cells...
- Pharmacokinetics of intraperitoneal oxaliplatin: experimental studiesS R Pestieau
The Washington Cancer Institute, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Surg Oncol 76:106-14. 2001..The high concentration of drug observed in colonic tissues suggests the need for clinical studies to evaluate intraperitoneal oxaliplatin for microscopic residual tumor after surgical resection of colon malignancies...
- Involvement of CRH receptors in urocortin-induced hyperthermiaG Telegdy
Department of Pathophysiology, University of Szeged, Semmelweis 1, Szeged 6701, Hungary
Peptides 29:1937-42. 2008..The action of urocortin 1 is mediated by CRHR1 receptor, while in the action of urocortin 2 and urocortin 3 CRHR2 receptor is involved...
- Hyperthermic pleural perfusion with cisplatin: early clinical experienceA Yellin
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Cancer 92:2197-203. 2001....
- Toxicity of cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intra-peritoneal chemotherapyVic J Verwaal
Department of Surgery, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Surg Oncol 85:61-7. 2004..Cytoreduction with hyperthermic intra-peritoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) is a treatment with a high morbidity. Optimal patients selection can possible reduce toxicity and complications...
- Incidence, risk factors, and impact of severe neutropenia after hyperthermic intraperitoneal mitomycin CLaura A Lambert
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:2181-7. 2009..This study analyzes the incidence and risk factors for developing neutropenia following MMC-HIPEC combined with CRS...
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis in soldiers from Fort Campbell, Kentucky returning from Operation Iraqi Freedom highlights diagnostic and therapeutic optionsRobert J Willard
Dermatology Services, Blanchfield Army Community Hospital, Fort Campbell, Kentucky, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:977-87. 2005..Awareness of the clinical features and treatment options of CL would benefit clinicians who may encounter soldiers, as well as civilians, returning from the Middle East with skin lesions...
- Cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy with mitomycin C for peritoneal carcinomatosis from nonappendiceal colorectal carcinomaPerry Shen
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 11:178-86. 2004..We reviewed our experience using this approach for nonappendiceal colorectal cancer (NACC)...
- New standard of care for appendiceal epithelial neoplasms and pseudomyxoma peritonei syndrome?Paul H Sugarbaker
Washington Cancer Institute, 106 Irving Street, NW Suite 3900 Washington, DC 20020, USA
Lancet Oncol 7:69-76. 2006..In the absence of a phase III study, this new combined treatment should be regarded as the standard of care for epithelial appendiceal neoplasms and pseudomyxoma peritonei syndrome...
- Role of tumor necrosis factor alpha in hyperthermia-induced apoptosis of human leukemia cellsD M Katschinski
Institute of Physiology, Medical University of Lubeck, Germany
Cancer Res 59:3404-10. 1999..5% N,N-dimethylformamide. These data should be of critical importance for the understanding of the biological impact of fever as well as for developing therapeutic approaches to malignant diseases..
- Systematic review on the efficacy of cytoreductive surgery combined with perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy for peritoneal carcinomatosis from colorectal carcinomaTristan D Yan
Peritoneal Surface Malignancy Program, Washington Cancer Institute, Washington, DC, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4011-9. 2006..The efficacy of cytoreductive surgery combined with perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy for patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis from colorectal carcinoma remains to be established...
- Docetaxel and hyperthermia: factors that modify thermal enhancementFaheez Mohamed
The Washington Cancer Institute, NW, Washington, District of Columbia 20010, USA
J Surg Oncol 88:14-20. 2004..Factors that may modify the thermal enhancement of docetaxel were studied to optimize its clinical use with hyperthermia...
- Anticipatory regulation and avoidance of catastrophe during exercise-induced hyperthermiaFrank E Marino
School of Human Movement Studies, Charles Sturt University, Bathurst NSW 2795, Australia
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 139:561-9. 2004....
- Intraperitoneal heated chemotherapy affects healing of experimental colonic anastomosis: an animal studyV Makrin
Department of Surgery B, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Surg Oncol 89:18-22. 2005..The aim of this study is to examine the influence of chemotherapy and hyperthermia on the healing of colonic anastomosis...
- The treatment of high-grade soft tissue sarcomas with preoperative thermoradiotherapyL R Prosnitz
Department of Radiation Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 45:941-9. 1999..To explore the use of a novel program of preoperative radiation and hyperthermia in the management of high-grade soft tissue sarcomas (STS)...
- Pharmacological and endocrinological characterisation of stress-induced hyperthermia in singly housed mice using classical and candidate anxiolytics (LY314582, MPEP and NKP608)Will P J M Spooren
Novartis Pharma AG, Nervous System Research, WSJ 386 2 45, CH 4002, Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Pharmacol 435:161-70. 2002The stress-induced hyperthermia test is a paradigm developed several years ago to model the expression of autonomic hyperactivity in anxiety...
- Cardiac preconditioning with local laser-induced hyperthermiaBin Gong
Center of Biomedical Engineering, Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0456, USA
J Surg Res 149:177-83. 2008..The current study was aimed to assess the ability of regional sublethal laser-induced hyperthermia to precondition cardiac tissue against ischemic-induced myocardial infarction.
- Targeting liver tumors with hyperthermia: ferromagnetic embolization in a rabbit liver tumor modelP Moroz
Centre for Applied Cancer Studies, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
J Surg Oncol 78:22-9; discussion 30-1. 2001..The objective of this study was to assess the ability of FEH to selectively target liver tumors with hyperthermia...
- Complete cytoreductive surgery plus intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia with oxaliplatin for peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal originDominique Elias
Département de Chirurgie Carcinologique, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Clin Oncol 27:681-5. 2009....
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of the randomized controlled trials on adjuvant intraperitoneal chemotherapy for resectable gastric cancerTristan D Yan
Department of Surgery, University of New South Wales, St George Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2702-13. 2007..The purpose of this systematic review and meta-analysis was to determine the effectiveness and safety of adjuvant intraperitoneal chemotherapy for patients with locally advanced resectable gastric cancer...
- Prospective morbidity and mortality assessment of cytoreductive surgery plus perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy to treat peritoneal dissemination of appendiceal mucinous malignancyPaul H Sugarbaker
Washington Cancer Institute, 106 Irving Street, N W, Suite 3900, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 13:635-44. 2006..Patients with these diagnoses were treated by cytoreductive surgery and perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy...
- MR thermometryViola Rieke
Department of Radiology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5488, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 27:376-90. 2008..Special attention is paid to acquisition and reconstruction methods for reducing temperature measurement artifacts introduced by tissue motion, which is often unavoidable during in vivo applications...
- Cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy for peritoneal surface malignancy: experience with 501 proceduresEdward A Levine
Surgical Oncology Service, Department of General Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Am Coll Surg 204:943-53; discussion 953-5. 2007..We have been using aggressive cytoreductive surgery with intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy (IPHC) to treat PSD. The purpose of this article was to review our experience with IPHC...
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy after extensive cytoreductive surgery in patients with primary advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: interim analysis of a phase II studyMyong Cheol Lim
Center for Uterine Cancer, Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang si, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 16:993-1000. 2009..The objective of the current study was to evaluate the toxicities and treatment response of intraoperative hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) in patients with advanced epithelial ovarian cancer...
- Peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal originDominique Elias
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:1200-4. 2006..We report long-term results concerning survival of a phase II study using oxaliplatin (LOHP)...
- N-propionyl-cysteaminylphenol-magnetite conjugate (NPrCAP/M) is a nanoparticle for the targeted growth suppression of melanoma cellsMakito Sato
Department of Dermatology, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 129:2233-41. 2009..These results suggest that NPrCAP/M may be useful in targeted therapy for melanoma by inducing non-apoptotic cell death after appropriate heating by the AMF...
- Interstitial pneumonitis: an exceptional toxicity of hyperthermic intraperitoneal mitomycin CS Gonzalez-Moreno
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Box 444, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Eur J Surg Oncol 34:482-4. 2008
- Effects of St. John's wort extract and single constituents on stress-induced hyperthermia in miceOliver Grundmann
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Planta Med 72:1366-71. 2006Emotional or stress-induced hyperthermia (SIH) is the rise of body temperature following exposure to psychological stress and has been demonstrated across species...
- Morbidity, toxicity, and mortality classification systems in the local regional treatment of peritoneal surface malignancyRami Younan
Department of Surgery, Surgical Oncology Unit, University of Montreal Health Center, Montreal, Canada
J Surg Oncol 98:253-7. 2008..A related document was sent to an international panel of experts. The CTCAE was adopted by the panel of experts as the unique classification system to be used for reporting complications related to CRS + HIPEC...
- Strategies for management of the peritoneal surface component of cancer: cytoreductive surgery plus perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapyPaul H Sugarbaker
Washington Cancer Institute, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Oncol Pharm Pract 11:111-9. 2005..A prominent part of treatment failure of gastrointestinal and gynecologic malignancy is dissemination to peritoneal surfaces. This has been associated with a limited survival and no reliable treatment strategies...
- Cytoreductive surgery with intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia for the treatment of pseudomyxoma peritonei: a prospective studyRasmy Loungnarath
Department of Colon and Rectum Surgery, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Hopital Saint Luc, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Dis Colon Rectum 48:1372-9. 2005..Recently, cytoreductive surgery with intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy has emerged as a promising treatment for this debilitating condition. The aim of this prospective study was to evaluate this treatment strategy...
- Impact of gas bubbles generated during interstitial ablation on elastographic depiction of in vitro thermal lesionsTomy Varghese
Department of Medical Physics, The University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Ultrasound Med 23:535-44; quiz 545-6. 2004..Thus, the impact of gas bubbles on strain images or elastograms must be investigated...
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal intraoperative chemotherapy after cytoreductive surgery for the treatment of abdominal sarcomatosis: clinical outcome and prognostic factors in 60 consecutive patientsCarlo Riccardo Rossi
Surgery Branch, Department of Oncological and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Padua, Italy
Cancer 100:1943-50. 2004..After a Phase I study on cytoreductive surgery combined with hyperthermic intraperitoneal intraoperative chemotherapy (HIIC), the authors reported the results of the treatment of 60 patients using this novel multimodal approach...
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy with and without cytoreductive surgery for epithelial ovarian cancerC William Helm
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, Kentucky 40207, USA
J Surg Oncol 98:283-90. 2008....
- Quality of life after intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy (IPHC) for peritoneal carcinomatosisR P McQuellon
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1082, USA
Eur J Surg Oncol 27:65-73. 2001..This study assessed the functional status and quality of life (QOL) of patients with disseminated peritoneal cancer (DPC) before and after cytoreductive surgery plus intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy (IPHC)...
- Temperature mapping of laser-induced hyperthermia in an ocular phantom using magnetic resonance thermographySaher M Maswadi
University of Texas Health Science Center, Department of Ophthalmology, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Biomed Opt 9:711-8. 2004..These results indicate that MRT has sufficient spatial and temperature resolution to monitor target tissue temperature during transpupillary thermotherapy in the human eye...
- Effect of hyperthermia combined with gemcitabine on apoptotic cell death in cultured human pancreatic cancer cell linesSatoko Adachi
Department of Inflammation and Immunology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Int J Hyperthermia 25:210-9. 2009..Therefore, we speculated that activated NF-kappaB in a pancreatic cell line might be inhibited by heat treatment, resulting in the enhancement of gemcitabine-induced cytotoxicity...
- Fever and cancer in perspectiveU Hobohm
F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Pharma Research, Basel, Switzerland
Cancer Immunol Immunother 50:391-6. 2001..A relationship between feverish infection and concurrent remission from cancer has been known about for a very long time. However, a systematic investigation of the phenomenon has not yet been made...
- Anxiolytic effects of flesinoxan in the stress-induced hyperthermia paradigm in singly-housed mice are 5-HT1A receptor mediatedB Olivier
CNS Pharmacology, Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Weesp, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 342:177-82. 1998In the stress-induced hyperthermia paradigm in singly-housed male mice, two sequential rectal temperature measurements reveal the basal temperature (T1) and, 10 min later, an enhanced body temperature (T2), due to the stress of the first ..
- Thermo-chemotherapy and electromotive drug administration of mitomycin C in superficial bladder cancer eradication. a pilot study on marker lesionR Colombo
Department of Urology, Scientific Institute, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Eur Urol 39:95-100. 2001..To draw preliminary considerations concerning the ablative effect on marker lesion using novel approaches compared to standard intravesical chemotherapy...
- Response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy combined with regional hyperthermia predicts long-term survival for adult patients with retroperitoneal and visceral high-risk soft tissue sarcomasClemens M Wendtner
Department of Internal Medicine III, Diagnostic Radiology and Institute for Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Klinikum Grosshadern Medical Center, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Clin Oncol 20:3156-64. 2002....
- A new survival model for hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) in tumor-bearing rats in the treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosisJoerg O W Pelz
Department of Surgery, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
BMC Cancer 5:56. 2005..Animal models are important in the evaluation of new treatment modalities. The purpose of this study was to devise an experimental setting which can be routinely used for the investigation of HIPEC in peritoneal carcinomatosis...
- Phase I to II study of pleurectomy/decortication and intraoperative intracavitary hyperthermic cisplatin lavage for mesotheliomaWilliam G Richards
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:1561-7. 2006..To evaluate morbidity, mortality, maximum-tolerated dose (MTD), and outcome of intraoperative intracavitary hyperthermic cisplatin lavage in patients undergoing pleurectomy for malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM)...
- Treatment of peritoneal dissemination from gastric cancer by peritonectomy and chemohyperthermic peritoneal perfusionY Yonemura
Peritoneal Dissemination Programme, Shizuoka Cancer Centre, 1007 Shimo Nagakubo, Nagaizumi machi, Suntougun, Shizuoka 411 8777, Japan
Br J Surg 92:370-5. 2005..There is no standard treatment for peritoneal dissemination from gastric cancer. A novel treatment consisting of peritonectomy and intraoperative chemohyperthermic peritoneal perfusion (CHPP) was compared with conventional surgery and CHPP...
- Factors predicting survival after intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy with mitomycin C after cytoreductive surgery for patients with peritoneal carcinomatosisPerry Shen
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Department of General Surgery, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Arch Surg 138:26-33. 2003..Certain clinicopathologic factors predict improved survival after cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy for peritoneal carcinomatosis...
- Re-irradiation and external hyperthermia in locally advanced, radiation recurrent, hormone refractory prostate cancer: a preliminary reportJ A Kalapurakal
Division of Radiation Oncology, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, 251 East Huron Street, Galter Pavilion LC-178, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Br J Radiol 74:745-51. 2001..Further clinical studies are warranted...
- Water-filtered infrared-A radiation: a novel technique for localized hyperthermia in combination with bacteriochlorophyll-based photodynamic therapyD K Kelleher
Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology, University of Mainz, Germany
Int J Hyperthermia 15:467-74. 1999..This novel technique has proved to be well-tolerated, easy to apply and should be suitable for treatment of superficial malignancies, especially where hypoxic tumour areas are present...
- Colorectal carcinomatosis: a new oncologic frontierPaul H Sugarbaker
Washington Cancer Institute, Washington Hospital Center, DC 20010, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 17:397-9. 2005..In the past, carcinomatosis from colorectal cancer was determined to be a lethal condition with a short survival...
- Laparoscopic intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy for palliation of debilitating malignant ascitesA Garofalo
General Oncological Surgery, Department of Surgery, S Camillo Hospital, Rome, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:682-5. 2006..To report the use of laparoscopic Intraperitoneal Hyperthermic Chemotherapy (LIPHC) in the treatment of malignant ascites...
- Transpupillary thermotherapy for idiopathic subfoveal choroidal neovascularizationAtul Kumar
Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 82:205-8. 2004..To assess the efficacy of transpupillary thermotherapy (TTT) for the management of idiopathic subfoveal choroidal neovascularization (CNV)...
- Hyperthermia induces gene expression of heat shock protein 70 and phosphorylation of mitogen activated protein kinases in the rat cerebellumL Schiaffonati
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Biotecnologie, Universita degli Studi di Brescia, Via Valsabbina 19, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Neurosci Lett 312:75-8. 2001..The behavior of stress kinases may underlie a different age-related vulnerability to heat stress of the cerebellum...
- Efficacy of thermotherapy to treat cutaneous leishmaniasis caused by Leishmania tropica in Kabul, Afghanistan: a randomized, controlled trialR Reithinger
Malaria and Leishmaniasis Control Program, HealthNet International, University Town, Peshawar, Pakistan
Clin Infect Dis 40:1148-55. 2005..Its use is problematic, because it is expensive and because of the potential for drug-associated adverse effects during a lengthy and painful treatment course...
- Intraperitoneal hyperthermic perfusion may induce bacterial translocationMikdat Bozer
Department of Surgery and Section of Surgical Oncology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Turkey
Hepatogastroenterology 52:111-4. 2005..These changes may lead to bacterial translocation (BT). To the best of our knowledge, there is no data about the possible role of IPHP on BT...
- Extensive cytoreductive surgery followed by intra-operative hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy with mitomycin-C in patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal originA J Witkamp
Department of Surgical Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Huis, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 37:979-84. 2001..First results suggest that a higher median survival could be achieved compared with conventional palliative surgery and systemic chemotherapy, therefore a randomised phase III study is now being conducted...
- Effect of hyperthermia on the cytotoxicity of 4 chemotherapeutic agents currently used for the treatment of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: an in vitro studyAntoine G van der Heijden
Department of Urology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Urol 173:1375-80. 2005..However, the working mechanism of this combination therapy is not fully understood. In the current in vitro study we investigated the differences in cytotoxicity of 4 chemotherapeutic agents at 37C or 43C...
- Efficacy of intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia with oxaliplatin in colorectal peritoneal carcinomatosis. Preliminary results in 24 patientsD Elias
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Ann Oncol 15:781-5. 2004..We report preliminary results on survival in a phase II study using oxaliplatin (LOHP)...
- Iterative cytoreductive surgery associated with hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy for treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal origin with or without liver metastasesReza Kianmanesh
Department of Surgery, Louis Mourier University Hospital, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Paris VII University GHU Nord, Colombes, France
Ann Surg 245:597-603. 2007....
- Investigations on safety of hyperthermic intraoperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) with Mitomycin CK Schmid
Institute and Outpatient Clinic of Occupational, Social and Environmental Medicine of the University Erlangen Nuremberg, Schillerstrasse 25 29, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:1222-5. 2006..We re-evaluated possible safety hazards of HIPEC by applying different monitoring strategies...
- Locoregional treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis from gastric cancerF Bozzetti
Department of Surgery, Hospital of Prato, 59100 Prato, Italy
J Surg Oncol 98:273-6. 2008..The need for a large multicenter trial to confirm the benefit and risk of intraperitoneal chemotherapy was recognized by both the experts and the authors...
- Research on the best chemohyperthermia technique of treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis after complete resectionD Elias
Department of Oncological Surgery, Institut Gustave Roussy, Comprehensive Cancer Center, France
Int J Surg Investig 1:431-9. 2000..The complete or almost complete resection of peritoneal carcinomatosis (PC) followed by intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia (IPCH) is potentially capable of curing some patients presenting with disease confined to the peritoneum...
- Pharmacokinetic changes induced by the volume of chemotherapy solution in patients treated with hyperthermic intraperitoneal mitomycin CPaul H Sugarbaker
Program in Peritoneal Surface Malignancy, Washington Cancer Institute, 106 Irving st NW, POB 3900, Washington DC, 20010, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 57:703-8. 2006..While optimizing the use of this treatment strategy, little information regarding the effect of volume of chemotherapy solution is available...
- Toxicity and mortality of cytoreduction and intraoperative hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy in pseudomyxoma peritonei--a report of 103 proceduresR M Smeenk
Department of Surgery, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:186-90. 2006....
- Laboratory and clinical basis for hyperthermia as a component of intracavitary chemotherapyP H Sugarbaker
Washington Cancer Institute, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Int J Hyperthermia 23:431-42. 2007..Much work needs to be done to identify a proper clinical perspective on hyperthermia used with chemotherapy in patients with peritoneal surface malignancy...
- Laparoscopic hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) for the treatment of malignant ascites secondary to unresectable peritoneal carcinomatosis from advanced gastric cancerE Facchiano
Department of Surgery, Louis Mourier Hospital, Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, University Paris VII, 178 rue des Renouillers, 92701 Colombes Cedex, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 34:154-8. 2008..To review our experience of laparoscopic hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) in the treatment of malignant ascites from advanced gastric cancer in order to discuss benefits, problems and possible indications...
- Vitrectomy for circumscribed choroidal hemangioma with exudative retinal detachment refractory to transpupillary thermotherapyDhananjay Shukla
Retina Vitreous Service, Aravind Eye Hospital and Postgraduate Institute of Ophthalmology, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 55:298-9. 2007..It resulted in complete resolution of the tumor and the detachment. Silicon oil was removed at four months. Visual acuity improved to 20/80 by the last follow-up visit at 10 months without any recurrence...
- Magnetic nanoparticles for intracranial thermotherapyAndreas Jordan
MagForce Nanotechnologies AG, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Center of Biomedical Nanotechnology CBN, Berlin, Germany
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:4604-6. 2007..The results of a feasibility trial (phase I) on the treatment of brain tumors (glioblastoma multiforme) are presented...
- Failure analysis of recurrent disease following complete cytoreduction and perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy in patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis from colorectal cancerLana Bijelic
Washington Cancer Institute, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2281-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to analyze the anatomic distribution, timing, and outcomes of recurrent disease after complete cytoreduction and perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy (PIC) for peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal origin...
- Effects of pulsatile blood flow in large vessels on thermal dose distribution during thermal therapyTzyy Leng Horng
Department of Applied Mathematics, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan
Med Phys 34:1312-20. 2007..This consequence suggests that, in this kind of problem, we may as well do the simulation simply by a steady uniform velocity profile for blood flow...
- Thermotherapy v. antimonials: what happens after the healing of cutaneous leishmaniasis lesions?R Aragort De Rossell
Departamento de Biologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Los Andes, La Hechicera, Merida, Venezuela
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 87:23-30. 1993..The results indicate that specific immunity fades with time post-infection and that the persistence of the parasite in a clinically cured host does not maintain protective immunity against challenge infections...
- 8-year follow-up of randomized trial: cytoreduction and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy versus systemic chemotherapy in patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal cancerVic J Verwaal
Department of Surgery, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2426-32. 2008..This trial showed a positive result favoring the studied treatment. This trial has now been updated to a minimal follow-up of 6 years to show long-term results...
- Monitoring health outcomes following cytoreductive surgery plus intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy for peritoneal carcinomatosisRichard P McQuellon
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Hematology and Oncology, Wake Forest University, School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:1105-13. 2007..It is associated with physical and psychological morbidity. The purpose of this study was to monitor health outcomes related to treatment...
- Survival benefit of hyperthermia in a prospective randomized trial of brachytherapy boost +/- hyperthermia for glioblastoma multiformeP K Sneed
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0226, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 40:287-95. 1998..To determine if adjuvant interstitial hyperthermia (HT) significantly improves survival of patients with glioblastoma undergoing brachytherapy boost after conventional radiotherapy...
- Toxicity and quality of life after cytoreductive surgery plus hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapyTodd M Tuttle
Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Minnesota Medical Center, 420 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 13:1627-32. 2006..The purpose of our study was to determine the toxicity and quality of life for patients with peritoneal metastases after cytoreductive surgery (CS) plus hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPC)...
- The effects of adjuvant experimental radioimmunotherapy and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy on intestinal and abdominal healing after cytoreductive surgery for peritoneal carcinomatosis in the ratF Aarts
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 15:3299-307. 2008..Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) after CS of experimental PC has been shown to increase survival and compare favorably to HIPEC. The effects of RIT and HIPEC on wound healing after CS need to be determined...
- Peritoneal Surface Oncology: A progress reportSantiago Gonzalez-Moreno
Department of Surgical Oncology, Centro Oncológico MD Anderson International España, Calle Gómez Hemans 4, 28033 Madrid, Spain
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:593-6. 2006..Future directions for clinical research in this field, especially in carcinomatosis of colorectal origin were identified and extensively discussed...
- Nd: YAG interstitial laser thermotherapy in the treatment of breast cancerA B Akimov
Ultrasound Studio, Kharkov, Ukraine
Lasers Surg Med 22:257-67. 1998..Minimal treatment strategy" is desirable in certain breast cancer patients. The main objective of the present study is to examine the use of interstitial laser thermotherapy (laserthermia) for this purpose...
- Appendiceal neoplasms with peritoneal dissemination: outcomes after cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapyJohn H Stewart
Department of General Surgery, Surgical Oncology Service, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 13:624-34. 2006..Few data have correlated outcome with appendiceal histology after cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy (IPHC). We have reviewed our experience with cytoreductive surgery and IPHC for PD from the appendix...
- FREE RADICALS IN HYPERTHERMIAGarry Buettner; Fiscal Year: 2002..This proposed research program is designed to test the hypothesis that production of free radicals and related oxidants is an important aspect of the detrimental effects of hyperthermia. ..
- Hyperthermia: Uncoupling the agony from EcstasyJON SPRAGUE; Fiscal Year: 2007..proposed in this application is significant, because understanding the mechanism underlying Ecstasy-induced hyperthermia will provide a basis for the development of treatments for hyperthermia not only from Ecstasy and other ..
- SELECTIVE PHOTOCHEMOTHERAPY: DEVELOPMENT AND APPLICATIONAllan Oseroff; Fiscal Year: 1991..Synergistic effects of infrared laser-induced hyperthermia, glycolysis inhibitors, electrophilic compounds and the combined use of cationic and anionic PS will be ..
- Trimetallic Nitride Templated Endohedral Metallofullerenes as Dual Imaging and MuMARISSA RYLANDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..Gd3N@C80 molecules within single- walled carbon nanotubes) denoted as Gd3N@C80-peapods in cancer laser induced hyperthermia therapy...
- Mechanisms of MDMA-induced hyperthermiaEdward Mills; Fiscal Year: 2009..MDMA-induced hyperthermia leads to a cascade of life threatening medical complications including skeletal muscle breakdown, ..
- SURGICALLY INDUCED HYPERTHERMIA: SURVEILLANCELEON PARKS; Fiscal Year: 1980....
- Use of quantitative ultrasound to stage, monitor, and assess HIFU treatmentMichael L Oelze; Fiscal Year: 2012..QUS) model based imaging technique will be developed that is sensitive to microstructural changes in tissues and can be used to noninvasively stage, monitor, and assess ultrasound induced hyperthermia or HIFU ablation of tumors in vivo.
- MICROWAVE-INDUCED HYPERTHERMIA FOR DEEP-SEATED TUMORSEvan Douple; Fiscal Year: 1990..with platinum chemotherapy in MTG-B, to be followed by pilot clinical studies of IMAAH and ultrasound induced hyperthermia in combination with platinum chemotherapy in superficial tumors so as to gain information for treating deep-..
- IMPEDANCE SPECTROSCOPY MONITORING OF IRRADIATED TISSUEKeith Paulsen; Fiscal Year: 2003..of this project can be met a valuable tool for providing desperately needed thermal data on clinically induced hyperthermia will have been realized...
- Plasmon-Resonant Nanorods as Contrast AgentsAlexander Wei; Fiscal Year: 2007..cross-sections and generate highly localized thermal gradients, and can be used to enhance optically-induced hyperthermia at low radiation power...
- Medication Development for Methanphetamine AbuseEVERETT ELLINWOOD; Fiscal Year: 2005Methamphetamine (METH) abusers surviving emergency room treatment for METH overdose induced hyperthermia and seizures require treatment in the ensuing 1-2 weeks not only for the initial life-threatening symptoms but also for the ..
- COMBINED LASER-INDUCED HYPERTHERMIA/PDT SYSTEMDANIEL DOIRON; Fiscal Year: 1993..The emphasis in Phase I of the project is to develop the system, and to test it in an appropriate animal model...
- LASER INDUCED HYPERTHERMIA OF OCULAR TUMORSDANIEL DOIRON; Fiscal Year: 1991..It is proposed to develop a system for intraocular laser induced hyperthermia, ILHT...
- PRECISION MEASUREMENT OF TISSUE TEMPERATURELEONARD REIFFEL; Fiscal Year: 1999..e.. hyperthermia and cryothermia. The apparatus and associated one-time use kits would present major commercial opportunities worldwide. ..
- Neurogenetics of Stress VulnerabilityHoward Gershenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ENU mutant screens will include TST-induced hyperthermia, antidepressant response, and neural activity mapping...
- ACOUSTOELECTRIC ULTRASOUND POWER DETECTORDENNIS DIETZ; Fiscal Year: 1990..the output of diagnostic imaging systems, for supporting research in new areas such as ultrasound induced hyperthermia, and for quantitative backscatter and attenuation measurements used in medical and industrial applications...
- X-RAY AND MICROWAVE HYPERTHERMIA FOR CANCER TREATMENTJ Robinson; Fiscal Year: 1980..as primary criteria, to determine whether or not there are significant differences between the effects of: (a) Simultaneous X-irradiation and water bath heating, and; (b) Simultaneous X-irradiation and microwave-induced hyperthermia.
- 13th International Congress of Radiation ResearchMark Dewhirst; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of a Perfusion-induced Systemic Hyperthermia Delivery ApparatusJoseph Zwischenberger; Fiscal Year: 2007..The system is based on a Phase I clinical trial demonstrating the efficacy of such a treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Tissue ablation by Conductive HeatingGal Shafirstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..It can also be applied, through further research, to other types of cancers (e.g. lung, kidney, head and neck) that involve surgical resection of solid tumors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ecstasy's neurotoxicity: role of hyperthermiaJON SPRAGUE; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Novel MRI Contrast Agent for Monitoring Thermal AblationNathan Mcdannold; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanism of hypoxia mediated radiation lung injuryZeljko Vujaskovic; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- SENESCENCE ALTERS SYMPATHETIC REGULATION TO HEAT STRESSMICHAEL KENNEY; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed studies will, for the first time, advance the hypothesis that the working strategies employed by sympathetic neural circuits to respond to heat stress are modified by aging. ..
- Novel Optical System for Early Cervical Cancer DetectionRoger McNichols; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such a probe would be useful in detecting epithelial cancers in other easily accessible sites in the body including the urinary tract, bladder, gastro-intestinal tract, colon, and oral cavity. ..
- Normal & Shear Strain Imaging From Angled US AcquisitionTomy Varghese; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed lateral and shear strain images are expected to be particularly sensitive to such phenomena. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CELLULAR THERMOSTABILITY AND THERMOTOLERANCEJAMES LEPOCK; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- ULTRASOUND THERAPY DELIVERY THROUGH INTACT SKULLKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2002..A successful implementation of even one of these possible therapies to routing clinical practice could have a major impact on patient care. ..
- Opening of the Blood Brain Barrier for Molecular ImagingKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The development of even one such imaging method for routine clinical use would have a major impact on patient care. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HIGH TEMPERATURE ULTRASOUND THERAPY GUIDED BY MRIKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2002..The noninvasive focused ultrasound coagulation of liver tumors has a large clinical potential in reducing complication rates and costs associated with open surgery. ..
- In Vivo Image Guidance for Gene-Radiation TherapyGloria Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..The information gained from the proposed preclinical studies will serve as a guide in the design of clinical strategy to improve the outcome of cancer therapy. ..
- COGNITIVE EFFECTS OF ALCOHOL IN PERI-ADOLESCENT MONKEYSMICHAEL TAFFE; Fiscal Year: 2006..This exploratory study will provide evidence regarding the risks posed to cognition by heavy alcohol drinking in the peri-adolescent period. ..
- THE CELLULAR STRESS RESPONSE IN VIRAL ENCEPHALITISMichael Oglesbee; Fiscal Year: 2008..The experimental system uses measles virus, but the work has potential broad relevance to other viruses that infect brain. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Magnetic Resonance Methods for Guiding Thermal TherapyRobert Mulkern; Fiscal Year: 2003..These techniques have some unique properties which may, however, prove useful in other areas of medical imaging such as breathhold spectroscopic studies in the abdomen or functional MRI studies of the brain. ..
- Skin Cooling to Improve Orthostatic ToleranceCRAIG CRANDALL; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Sympathetic-Immune Interface: Central Sites & FunctionMICHAEL KENNEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, these findings may allow for the design of intervention strategies in immune regulation fostering robust and appropriate communication between the immune and nervous systems. ..
- Neural and non-neural modulators of skin blood flow and sweating in humansCRAIG CRANDALL; Fiscal Year: 2009..e. diabetes, heart failure, etc) and non-disease (i.e. aging) conditions. ..
- DNA PK IN RADIATION DAMAGE REPAIR AND LYMPHOMAGENESISGloria Li; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, our studies should verify whether there is a role of Ku70 in lymphomagenesis, and specifically whether Ku70 may be considered as a candidate tumor suppressor gene. ..
- INTERACTIVE IMAGE GUIDED CLOSED LOOP THERMAL THERAPYRoger McNichols; Fiscal Year: 2007..This combination of stereotactic laser thermal therapy with real-time MRI will facilitate an unprecedented integration of the diagnostic and therapeutic environments. ..
- Gene Repression by HSF1 during hyperthermia and stressesStuart Calderwood; Fiscal Year: 2006..Dominant negative inhibitors of HSF1 repression have been identified in this study and they will be used in transfected cells to study the cellular consequences of gene repression by HSF 1. ..
- Catheter-Based Ultrasound Hyperthermia System for 3D-Targeted Thermal TherapyChris Diederich; Fiscal Year: 2009..The same technique can be modified and utilized for applying 3D conformal hyperthermia to other sites treated with HDR brachytherapy (e.g., head &neck, melanoma, breast). ..
- BEHAVIORAL TOXICITY OF MDMA IN RHESUS MONKEYSMICHAEL TAFFE; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim IV: To determine if a history of MDMA exposure impairs acquisition and performance of a battery of neuropsychological tests. ..
- Microwave Thermal Monitoring for Breast HyperthermiaPAUL MEANEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..It will set the stage for future treatment/monitoring systems targeting other anatomical sites. ..
- NEUROPHARMACOLOGY OF PRIMATE COGNITIONMICHAEL TAFFE; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- 3D Noninvasive Temperature Estimation with UltrasoundR Arthur; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- SIV Behavioral Pathology: Manipulation of Viral LoadMICHAEL TAFFE; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Microwave Thermal Monitoring for Breast HyperthermiaPAUL MEANEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..It will set the stage for future treatment/monitoring systems targeting other anatomical sites. ..
- Image Guided Thermal Therapy for Prostate CancerRoger McNichols; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- OPTIMIZING CANCER CHEMOTHERAPYJoan Bull; Fiscal Year: 2002..Through such a hyperthermia-mediated multi- pronged attack, we hope to significantly increase the survival and quality of life of patients with common cancers. ..
- Percutaneous Vertebroplasty w/MR-Guided Laser AblationRoger McNichols; Fiscal Year: 2005..In conjunction with interventional radiologists at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas, we will then evaluate the procedure in a small human clinical study. ..
- Noninvasive Temperature Estimation with UltrasoundR Arthur; Fiscal Year: 2003..Because our approach exploits the inhomogeneities present in tissue, we believe that if it is successful in vitro; it holds promise for in vivo application. ..
- Phased Array Ultrasound System for Cardiac AblationKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2006..This could result in significant cost savings and lead to a cure of thousands of patients. ..
- ROLE OF HSF2 IN THE STRESS RESPONSE TO HYPERTHERMIAStuart Calderwood; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- LASER TATTOO REMOVAL SYSTEM USING DERMAL CLEARING AGENTRoger McNichols; Fiscal Year: 2005..The envisioned product is an agent/ applicator combination, which would be sold as a preparative accessory for appropriate dermatological laser procedures. ..
- Local harmonic motion imaging for thermal surgeryKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Therefore the potential clinical impact of the proposed research is significant. ..
- ULTRASOUND SYSTEMS FOR SIMULTANEOUS THERMORADIOTHERAPYEduardo Moros; Fiscal Year: 2005..The benefits to patients e.g., greater likelihood of local tumor control outweigh potential risks. ..
- Stress, Development, and PsychopathologyJerrold Meyer; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proceedings of the Symposium will be published as a single article, jointly authored by all speakers, in Neurotoxicology and Teratology, a journal sponsored by the Neurobehavioral Teratology Society. ..
- HYPERTHERMIA AND THE FUNCTION OF HSP70Gloria Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Optical Probe for Oral and Dental Tissue ScreeningRoger McNichols; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Image-Guided High-Intensity Interstitial Ultrasound for Thermal Ablation of UteriChris Diederich; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..