Summary: The act of cleaning teeth with a brush to remove plaque and prevent tooth decay. (From Webster, 3d ed)
Publications250 found, 100 shown here
- An intervention programme to establish regular toothbrushing: understanding parents' beliefs and motivating childrenC M Pine
Dental School, University of Dundee, Park Place, Dundee DD1 4HR, Scotland, UK
Int Dent J . 2000To determine the benefit of twice daily toothbrushing on newly erupted first permanent molars. To investigate, through the Health Belief Model, how parents' beliefs influence the likelihood of their children brushing twice a day...
- The effects of a supervised toothbrushing programme on the caries increment of primary school children, initially aged 5-6 yearsR J Jackson
North West London Community Dental Service, Oral Health Research Centre, London, UK
Caries Res 39:108-15. 2005..9% of the children being caries free. The aim of this study was to determine whether teacher-supervised toothbrushing, once a day, at school, during term time, with commercial toothpaste containing 1,450 ppm fluoride, could ..
- In situ randomised trial investigating abrasive effects of two desensitising toothpastes on dentine with acidic challenge prior to brushingN X West
Applied Clinical Research Group, Department of Oral and Dental Science, University of Bristol, UK
J Dent 40:77-85. 2012..To determine if brushing dentine with 2 moderate RDA desensitising toothpastes, results in a significant dentine wear difference and whether this difference continues to be relevant when preceded with an erosive challenge...
- Feeding and oral hygiene habits of preschool children in Hong Kong and their caregivers' dental knowledge and attitudesS C L Chan
Tang Shiu Kin Dental Therapist Training School, MacLehose Dental Centre, Hong Kong SAR, People s Republic of China
Int J Paediatr Dent 12:322-31. 2002....
- Dental needs and socioeconomic status associated with utilization of dental services in the presence of dental pain: a case-control study in childrenJuan José Villalobos-Rodelo
Preventive Medicine Area, Unidad de Medicina Familiar del ISSSTE, Navolato, Sinaloa, Mexico
J Orofac Pain 24:279-86. 2010..To identify the effect of unmet dental treatment needs and socioeconomic and sociodemographic variables on the patterns of dental visits in the presence of dental pain in 6- to 12-year-old Mexican schoolchildren...
- Adolescent toothbrushing and the home environment: sociodemographic factors, family relationships and mealtime routines and disorganisationKate A Levin
Child and Adolescent Health Research Unit, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 38:10-8. 2010Previous studies have shown that sociodemographic factors are associated with adolescent toothbrushing. While there has been some investigation of parental modelling of oral health behaviour and the association between parental support ..
- Bacteraemia following periodontal proceduresDenis F Kinane
University of Louisville School of Dentistry, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
J Clin Periodontol 32:708-13. 2005..These systemic conditions could be initiated or detrimentally influenced by the repeated entry of bacteria into the bloodstream...
- [Socioeconomic inequalities in oral health: factors associated with tooth brushing frequency among Nicaraguan schoolchildren]Miriam del Socorro Herrera
Facultad de Odontología de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Nicaragua, Campus León, Ló6n, Nicaragua
Rev Invest Clin 61:489-96. 2009..To identify the association between tooth brushing frequency and variables of socioeconomic position in Nicaraguan schoolchildren...
- Essential health care package for children--the 'Fit for School' program in the PhilippinesBella Monse
Department of Education, Health and Nutrition Centre, Cagayan de Oro, Philippines, Philippines
Int Dent J 60:85-93. 2010..The programme is a partnership project between the Philippine Department of Education and the Local Government Units with support for capacity development activities from the German Development Cooperation and GlaxoSmithKline...
- Effects of toothbrushing force on the mineral content and demineralized organic matrix of eroded dentineCarolina Ganss
Department of Conservative and Preventive Dentistry, Dental Clinic, Giessen, Germany
Eur J Oral Sci 117:255-60. 2009..Significant effects of brushing force were only found on the demineralized organic fraction, and mineral loss was unaffected. The notion that eroded dentine is particularly prone to abrasion should be reconsidered...
- Effects of toothbrushing on eroded dentineCarolina Ganss
Department of Conservative, Preventive Dentistry, Dental Clinic, Giessen, Germany
Eur J Oral Sci 115:390-6. 2007..Therefore, the present study sought (i) to investigate the effects of toothbrushing on eroded dentine and (ii) to analyze how the organic matrix influences the outcome of established methods for ..
- A review of a community program aimed at preventing early childhood caries among Jerusalem infants--a brief communicationAlon Livny
Department of Community Dentistry, The Hebrew University Hadassah School of Dental Medicine
J Public Health Dent 67:78-82. 2007..A previous Jerusalem study has demonstrated a potential effect on toothbrushing among infants...
- Association between socioeconomic factors and the choice of dentifrice and fluoride intake by childrenCarolina Castro Martins
Department of Paediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Int J Environ Res Public Health 8:4284-99. 2011..The amount of dentifrice used can strongly increase the risk of exposure to higher doses of F, regardless of the type of dentifrice...
- The additional effect of a dentifrice on the instant efficacy of toothbrushing: a crossover studyS Paraskevas
Department of Periodontology, Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Periodontol 78:1011-6. 2007..Because of limitations of the split-mouth model, a crossover design was used to evaluate whether a commercially available dentifrice had an additional effect on mechanical plaque removal during manual toothbrushing.
- The effect of frequency of toothbrushing on oral health of 14-16 year oldsD S M Quteish Taani
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Science and Technology, Jordan
J Ir Dent Assoc 49:15-20. 2003The aim of the present study was to evaluate the impact of toothbrushing frequency on dental plaque, caries and periodontal condition in 14-16 year old students...
- An evaluation of the surface changes in PMMA biomaterial formulations as a result of toothbrush/dentifrice abrasionR Richmond
The University Dental Hospital of Manchester, Higher Cambridge Street, M15 6HF Manchester, UK
Dent Mater 20:124-32. 2004..A fourth group of specimens (prepared from Trevalon using the injection-molding procedure) was compared to the compression-molded specimens...
- Fluoridated toothpaste: usage and ingestion of fluoride by 4- to 6-yr-old children in EnglandFatemeh V Zohoori
Health and Social Care Institute, Teesside University, Middlesbrough, UK
Eur J Oral Sci 120:415-21. 2012..and to investigate the effects of age, gender, and social class on the amount of fluoride ingested per toothbrushing session...
- Sense of coherence as a determinant of toothbrushing frequency and level of oral hygieneJarno J Savolainen
Department of Periodontology and Geriatric Dentistry, Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
J Periodontol 76:1006-12. 2005..Our aim is to investigate whether SOC, self-reported toothbrushing frequency, and objectively assessed levels of oral hygiene are related.
- Evaluation of alternative methods for the disinfection of toothbrushesEdson Yukio Komiyama
Faculdade de Odontologia de São José dos Campos, Univ Estadual Paulista, Sao Jose dos Campos, SP, Brazil
Braz Oral Res 24:28-33. 2010..The vinegar solution reduced the presence of S. aureus, S. mutans and S. pyogenes on toothbrushes...
- Cynical hostility as a determinant of toothbrushing frequency and oral hygieneHanna Leena Mettovaara
Department of Periodontology and Geriatric Dentistry, Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
J Clin Periodontol 33:21-8. 2006Our aim was to investigate whether cynical hostility, self-reported toothbrushing frequency and objectively assessed levels of oral hygiene were associated.
- Is the use of fluoride toothpaste optimal? Knowledge, attitudes and behaviour concerning fluoride toothpaste and toothbrushing in different age groups in SwedenOlga Jensen
Public Dental Health, Vastra Gotaland Region, Gothenburg, Sweden
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 40:175-84. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate self-care routines in a population by identifying knowledge, attitudes and behaviour relating to fluoride toothpaste and toothbrushing habits.
- Bacteremia associated with toothbrushing and dental extractionPeter B Lockhart
Department of Oral Medicine, Carolinas Medical Center, PO Box 32861, Charlotte, NC 28232 2861, USA
Circulation 117:3118-25. 2008..prevention of infective endocarditis are based in part on studies of bacteremia from dental procedures, but toothbrushing may pose a greater threat...
- Transient bacteremia induced by toothbrushing a comparison of the Sonicare toothbrush with a conventional toothbrushShamsi Bhanji
Dental Medicine, Children s Hospital, Seattle, Wash, USA
Pediatr Dent 24:295-9. 2002..This study assessed bacteremia levels after brushing with either the Sonicare electric toothbrush or a manual toothbrush...
- Fluoride intake by children at risk for the development of dental fluorosis: comparison of regular dentifrices and flavoured dentifrices for childrenM J L Oliveira
Faculty of Dentistry, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Caries Res 41:460-6. 2007..Moreover, the dose to which children were exposed with either type of dentifrice was very close to that which is considered the limit (0.05-0.07 mg F/kg/day)...
- Oral health knowledge, attitudes, and practices of Chinese adultsH C Lin
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Prince Philip Dental Hospital
J Dent Res 80:1466-70. 2001..90% of the dentate elderly surveyed claimed that they brushed their teeth every day and used toothpaste during toothbrushing, but awareness about fluoride content was lacking...
- Toothbrushing, inflammation, and risk of cardiovascular disease: results from Scottish Health SurveyCesar de Oliveira
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, London WC1E 6BT
BMJ 340:c2451. 2010To examine if self reported toothbrushing behaviour is associated with cardiovascular disease and markers of inflammation (C reactive protein) and coagulation (fibrinogen).
- Prevention. Part 4: Toothbrushing: what advice should be given to patients?R M Davies
Dental Health Unit, Manchester Science Park, Lloyd Street North, Manchester M15 6SH, UK
Br Dent J 195:135-41. 2003
- Bacterial survival rate on tooth- and interdental brushes in relation to the use of toothpasteM Quirynen
Department of Periodontology, Research Group for Microbial Adhesion, Faculty of Medicine, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Periodontol 28:1106-14. 2001..The survival rate of cariogenic and periodontopathogenic species on toothbrushes, with and without toothpaste, and interdental brushes was presently investigated...
- Discovering new treatments for sensitive teeth: the long path from biology to therapyK Markowitz
Department of Oral Biology, New Jersey Dental School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
J Oral Rehabil 35:300-15. 2008..Treatments directed at the underlying causes rather than the symptoms of tooth sensitivity would hinder the development of these lesions and provide researchers with objective targets for assessing therapeutic efficacy...
- Medically administered antibiotics, dietary habits, fluoride intake and dental caries experience in the primary dentitionBoipelo P Mariri
Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, College of Dentistry, 200 Hawkins Drive 01105 PFP, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 31:40-51. 2003..The purpose of this study was to assess factors related to extensive caries experience among children aged 4-7 years, including antibiotic use, dietary patterns, fluoride intakes, and tooth brushing habits...
- Longitudinal association of adolescents' sense of coherence with tooth-brushing using an integrated behaviour change modelOlalekan A Ayo-Yusuf
Department of Community Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Oral and Dental Hospital, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 37:68-77. 2009..To determine the association between adolescents' sense of coherence (SOC) and their tooth-brushing behaviour...
- The measurement in vitro of enamel and dentine wear by toothpastes of different abrasivityC J Philpotts
Unilever Oral Care, Bebington, UK
Int Dent J 55:183-7. 2005..To investigate the in vitro enamel and dentine wear by toothpastes with a range of Relative Dentine Abrasivity (RDA) and Relative Enamel Abrasivity (REA) values...
- In vitro evaluation of the effect of dietary acids and toothbrushing on human root dentin permeabilityDaniela Leal Zandim
Department of Diagnostic and Oral Surgery, School of Dentistry at Araraquara, Sao Paulo State University, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Quintessence Int 41:257-63. 2010The purpose of this in vitro study was to quantify the alterations in human root dentin permeability after exposure to dietary acids and to evaluate the effect of toothbrushing after acid application.
- [Cost-effectiveness of conventional and modified supervised toothbrushing in preventing caries in permanent molars among 5-year-old children]Paulo Frazao
Faculdade de Saude Publica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 28:281-90. 2012The cost-effectiveness of a modified supervised toothbrushing program was compared to a conventional program. A total of 284 five-year-old children presenting at least one permanent molar with emerged/sound occlusal surface participated...
- Fluoride toothpaste and toothbrushing; knowledge, attitudes and behaviour among Swedish adolescents and adultsOlga Jensen
Public Dental Health, Vastra Gotaland Region, Sweden
Swed Dent J 35:203-13. 2011..Adolescents and adults seem to have low awareness of toothbrushing procedures and use of fluoride toothpaste despite frequent dental care...
- Evaluation of the abrasiveness of dentifrices for complete denturesMarina Xavier Pisani
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Ribeirao Preto Dental School, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
J Prosthodont 19:369-73. 2010..This study analyzed the surface roughness and weight loss in Plex Glass specimens caused by dentifrices, one conventional (Sorriso) and three specific for dentures...
- [Socioeconomic status, toothbrushing frequency, and health-related behaviors in adolescents: an analysis using the PeNSE database]Mario Vianna Vettore
Instituto de Estudos de Saúde Coletiva, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Cad Saude Publica 28:s101-13. 2012..health-related behaviors and socioeconomic status, and the relationship between health-related behaviors and toothbrushing among adolescents...
- Eating habits, smoking and toothbrushing in relation to dental caries: a 3-year study in Swedish female teenagersK Bruno-Ambrosius
Public Dental Clinic, Falkenberg, Sweden
Int J Paediatr Dent 15:190-6. 2005The aims of the present study were to describe eating, toothbrushing and smoking habits in a cohort of Swedish female adolescents, and to relate the findings to dental caries increment.
- Impact of filler size and distribution on roughness and wear of composite resin after simulated toothbrushingGabriela Ulian de Oliveira
Department of Operative Dentistry, Endodontics and Dental Materials, Bauru School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Bauru, SP, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 20:510-6. 2012..The null hypothesis was that the size and the distribution of fillers do not influence the mechanical properties of surface roughness and wear after simulated toothbrushing test.
- Principal motives for toothbrushing in a population of South African adolescents: implications for oral health promotionO A Ayo-Yusuf
Department of Community Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Pretoria, P O Box 1266, Pretoria 0001, South Africa
SADJ 66:174-8. 2011..Little is known of the motives for tooth-brushing among adolescents in resource-poor settings...
- Current understanding of the epidemiology mechanisms, and prevention of dental caries in preschool childrenNorman Tinanoff
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA
Pediatr Dent 24:543-51. 2002....
- National supervised toothbrushing program and dental decay in ScotlandL M D Macpherson
University of Glasgow, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, Glasgow Dental School, 378 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, UK
J Dent Res 92:109-13. 2013We aimed to assess the association between the roll-out of the national nursery toothbrushing program and a reduction in dental decay in five-year-old children in a Scotland-wide population study...
- Influence of toothbrushing on enamel softening and abrasive wear of eroded bovine enamel: an in situ studyDaniela Rios
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry of Maringá, Maringa University Center
Braz Oral Res 20:148-54. 2006..assessed the surface softening and abrasive wear of eroded bovine enamel with or without the influence of toothbrushing. Five volunteers took part in this in situ study of 5 days...
- Noncarious cervical lesions among a non-toothbrushing population with Hansen's disease (leprosy): initial findingsBabacar Faye
School of Odontology and Medicine, University of Dakar, Dakar, Senegal
Quintessence Int 37:613-9. 2006The purpose of this preliminary investigation was to examine the presence of noncarious cervical lesions (NCCLs) among a convenience sample of non-toothbrushing subjects with Hansen's disease (leprosy).
- Surface changes in denture soft liners with and without sealer coating following abrasion with mechanical brushingVivian C Mainieri
Department of Prosthodontics and Dental Materials, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Gerodontology 28:146-51. 2011..To evaluate the surface alterations of soft liners with or without sealer coating following abrasion with mechanical brushing...
- Effect of an acid diet allied to sonic toothbrushing on root dentin permeability: an in vitro studyShelon Cristina Souza Pinto
Department of Oral Diagnosis and Surgery, Araraquara Dental School, Sao Paulo State University, Araraquara, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 21:390-5. 2010..3) exposure to different acid substances for 5 min (orange, cola drink, vinegar, white wine, lemon juice), 4) toothbrushing with sonic toothbrush for 3 min, 5) toothbrushing with sonic toothbrush plus dentifrice for 3 min...
- Effect of chemical degradation followed by toothbrushing on the surface roughness of restorative compositesFernanda Regina Voltarelli
Piracicaba Dental School, State University of Campinas, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 18:585-90. 2010....
- In vitro assessment of the effectiveness of whitening dentifrices for the removal of extrinsic tooth stainsDebora Alves Nunes Leite Lima
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Vale do Paraiba University, SP, Brazil
Braz Oral Res 22:106-11. 2008..then submitted to linear brushing movements (5,000 cycles) using brushes (Oral B-Soft) coupled to an automatic toothbrushing machine, under a static axial load of 200 g and with a speed of 4 movements/second, at 37 degrees C, with the ..
- The influence of toothbrushing and coffee staining on different composite surface coatingsBrigitte Zimmerli
Department of Preventive, Restorative and Paediatric Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Bern, Freiburgstrasse 7, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Clin Oral Investig 16:469-79. 2012..The specimens underwent an artificial ageing process by thermocycling, staining (coffee) and abrasive (toothbrushing) procedures. After each ageing step, Ra and CP measurements were repeated...
- Sociobehavioral factors influencing toothbrushing frequency among schoolchildrenAna Alicia Vallejos-Sánchez
Facultad de Odontología de la Universidad Autónoma de Campeche, Campeche, Mexico
J Am Dent Assoc 139:743-9. 2008b>Toothbrushing may help prevent some oral health diseases considered to be public health problems--in particular, certain presentations of chronic periodontal diseases and dental caries...
- In vitro and clinical evaluation of specific dentifrices for complete denture hygieneHeitor Panzeri
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Ribeirao Preto School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Gerodontology 26:26-33. 2009..To study the physical properties of two experimental dentifrices for complete denture hygiene, their effect on denture biofilm removal and antimicrobial properties by means of a clinical trial...
- Descriptive analysis of toothbrushing used as an aid for primary prevention: a population-based study in Sebha, LibyaSyed Wali Peeran
Department of Periodontology and Oral Implantology, Faculty of Dentistry, Sebha University, Sebha, Libya
Soc Work Public Health 28:575-82. 2013This study aimed to assess toothbrushing behavior and descriptively analyze the effect of age and gender. Two thousand and six people from the city of Sebha, Libya, aged 1 to 64 years (mean age 26.9 ± 11...
- Differences in abrasion capacity of four soft toothbrushesF V Teche
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthesis, School of Dentistry of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Dent Hyg 9:274-8. 2011..This study evaluated the flexibility and abrasion capacity of the bristles of four soft toothbrush brands...
- Randomised controlled trial of the efficacy of a high-fluoride gel self-applied by toothbrushing in children at high caries riskE Stokes
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research in Oral Health in Deprived Communities, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Caries Res 45:475-85. 2011..Some caution is needed as greatest benefit was shown by compliant children. Where schools are co-operative, it is recommended that the gel be used twice a week within a school-based programme over a 2-year period...
- Abrasiveness of conventional and specific denture-cleansing dentifricesDanilo Balero Sorgini
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Ribeirao Preto Dental School, University of Sao Paulo
Braz Dent J 23:154-9. 2012..Brushing was performed in a toothbrushing machine with a soft brush and a dentifrice suspension and DW according to different brushing times (50, 100, ..
- Self-efficacy and oral hygiene beliefs about toothbrushing in dental patients: a model-guided studyFotios Anagnostopoulos
Department of Psychology, Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences
Behav Med 37:132-9. 2011..Model variables (perceived benefits, barriers, susceptibility, severity) and self-efficacy beliefs about toothbrushing to inform prevalence of dental caries and toothbrushing frequency...
- Variables associated with oral hygiene levels in 7-year-olds in BelgiumL Martens
Ghent University, Belgium
Community Dent Health 21:4-10. 2004....
- A randomised controlled trial of the efficacy of supervised toothbrushing in high-caries-risk childrenM M T Curnow
Tayside NHS Primary Care Trust, Dental Department, Drumhar Health Centre, Perth, Scotland, UK
Caries Res 36:294-300. 2002..trial was to determine the reduction in 2-year caries increment that can be achieved by daily supervised toothbrushing on school-days with a toothpaste containing 1,000 ppm fluoride (as sodium monofluorophosphate) and 0...
- Factors associated with periodontal diseases in a dental teaching clinic population in northern JordanYousef S Khader
Department of Community Medicine, Public Health and Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
J Periodontol 74:1610-7. 2003....
- Lifestyle and psychosocial factors associated with chronic periodontitis in Taiwanese adultsHsiu Chen Teng
Department of Healthcare Administration, College of Management, Fooyin University, Taiwan, ROC
J Periodontol 74:1169-75. 2003..The aims of this study were: 1) to explore the lifestyle and psychosocial factors of CP patients and 2) to estimate the proportion of total CP cases attributable to one or more risk factors considered...
- Prevalence of salivary Streptococcus mutans in mothers and in their preschool childrenI Thorild
Public Dental Clinic, Varberg, Sweden
Int J Paediatr Dent 12:2-7. 2002..To establish the prevalence and possible relationship of oral Streptococcus mutans colonization in mother-child pairs...
- Determinants of early childhood caries in a group of inner-city childrenLuc Martens
Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Centre for Special Care PaeCaMed, Ghent University, Belgium
Quintessence Int 37:527-36. 2006..This study aimed to determine the prevalence of early childhood caries (ECC) and severe early childhood caries (s-ECC) in inner-city children in Ghent, Belgium, and to investigate the independent impact of its determinants...
- Toothbrushing as part of the adolescent lifestyle predicts education levelL Koivusilta
Department of Social Policy, FIN 20014 University of Turku, Finland
J Dent Res 82:361-6. 2003Socio-economic differences in health and health behavior are well-known. Our hypothesis was that toothbrushing frequency in adolescents predicts their education level in adulthood...
- Tracking of parents' attitudes to their children's oral health-related behavior-Oslo, Norway, 2002-04Marit S Skeie
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Institute of Clinical Odontology Pedodontics, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Acta Odontol Scand 68:49-56. 2010....
- Factors related to gender differences in toothbrushing among Lithuanian middle-aged university employeesZana Sakalauskiene
Department of Dental and Maxillofacial Orthopedics, Medical Academy, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Kaunas, Lit huania
Medicina (Kaunas) 47:180-6. 2011..Many previous studies showed clear gender differences in the percentages of adults reporting toothbrushing more than once a day...
- Dental caries in pre-school children: associations with social class, toothbrushing habit and consumption of sugars and sugar-containing foods. Further analysis of data from the National Diet and Nutrition Survey of children aged 1.5-4.5 yearsS Gibson
Nutrition Consultant Guildford, Surrey, UK
Caries Res 33:101-13. 1999This project examined the relative significance of dietary sugars, toothbrushing frequency and social class as predictors of caries experience (caries vs...
- Incidence of bacteremia after routine tooth brushingJoshua D Hartzell
Department of Internal Medicine, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Am J Med Sci 329:178-80. 2005..Improved culture techniques suggest that these rates could be higher now. The objective of this study was to determine the current incidence of bacteremia after routine tooth brushing...
- Oral health-related knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs among 11 to 12-year-old Finnish schoolchildren with different oral health behaviorsRaija Poutanen
Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Acta Odontol Scand 63:10-6. 2005..Factors associated with unfavorable behavior were male sex, mother's low skill occupation level, and child's poor knowledge of oral health-related facts...
- Association of lifestyle with periodontal healthT K Sakki
Department of Periodontology and Geriatric Dentistry, University of Oulu, Finland
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 23:155-8. 1995..Lifestyle had an independent association with periodontal health. Periodontal pocketing increased with an unhealthier lifestyle. Lifestyle could explain some of the social and sex differences in periodontal health...
- Toothbrushing and transient bacteremia in patients undergoing orthodontic treatmentR A Schlein
Howard University, Washington, D C
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 99:466-72. 1991This study was made to determine whether and to what extent bacteremia occurred after toothbrushing in patients undergoing orthodontic treatment with fixed appliances...
- Occluding effect of dentifrices on dentinal tubulesCesar Augusto Galvao Arrais
Department of Restorative Dentistry Operative Dentistry, Piracicaba School of Dentistry, UNICAMP Av Limeira, 901, Piracicaba, SP 13414 900, Brazil
J Dent 31:577-84. 2003..The objective of this study was to evaluate the tubule occluding ability of three commercial available dentifrices (Sensodyne, Emoform and Sorriso) by Scanning Electron Microscopy...
- Toothbrushing-induced epilepsy with structural lesions in the primary somatosensory areaW J D'Souza
The University of Melbourne, The Department of Neurology and Neurological Research, The Daly Wing, St Vincent s Hospital Melbourne, Fitzroy 3065, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Neurology 68:769-71. 2007We report three patients with reflex toothbrushing-induced epilepsy associated with small circumscribed structural lesions in the primary somatosensory cortex in close proximity to the hand and speech motor areas...
- Mothers' sense of coherence and their adolescent children's oral health status and behavioursMariadoCarmoMatias Freire
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, The Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London, UK
Community Dent Health 19:24-31. 2002..To investigate the relationship between mothers' sense of coherence (SOC) and their adolescent children's oral health. SOC is the central construct of the salutogenesis model of health, which seeks to explain factors that promote health...
- The anti-plaque efficacy of a chlorhexidine mouthrinse used in combination with toothbrushing with dentifriceDanielle A C Van Strydonck
Department of Periodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Periodontol 31:691-5. 2004..2% CHX post-brushing rinse in one jaw is not reduced under the influence of toothbrushing with a 1.5% SLS-containing dentifrice in the opposite jaw.
- Using a "lifestyle" perspective to understand toothbrushing behaviour in Scottish schoolchildrenL Schou
Department of Preventive Dentistry, 1 Surgeons' Square, High School Yards, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 18:230-4. 1990..survey of health related behaviour in 4,935 Lothian schoolchildren, 11, 13, and 15 yr old, this paper analysed toothbrushing frequency and its relation to "lifestyle" factors...
- Toothbrushing: why, when and how?P Ashley
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, University College London
Dent Update 28:36-40. 2001b>Toothbrushing is a widely practiced oral healthcare habit which, in conjunction with fluoride toothpaste, can help to prevent dental caries and periodontal disease...
- Supervised toothbrushing and oral health education program in Kuwait for children and young adults with Down syndromeMaddi Shyama
Oral Health Services, Ministry of Health, Kuwait
Spec Care Dentist 23:94-9. 2003The authors report on the effectiveness of a school-based, supervised toothbrushing program among a group of 112 children with Down syndrome in Kuwait. The study involved 45 boys and 67 girls, who ranged in age from 11-22 years (mean, 14...
- Erosion of enamel by non-carbonated soft drinks with and without toothbrushing abrasionC A Hemingway
Department of Oral and Dental Science, University of Bristol, Lower Maudlin Street, Bristol, BS1 2LY
Br Dent J 201:447-50; discussion 439; quiz 466. 2006....
- Parental influence on children's oral health-related behaviorRaija Poutanen
Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Acta Odontol Scand 64:286-92. 2006....
- Additional effect of dentifrices on the instant efficacy of toothbrushingS Paraskevas
Department of Periodontology, Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Periodontol 77:1522-7. 2006..The present study was undertaken to test whether the use of dentifrice during toothbrushing contributes to the instant cleaning efficacy of the brushing procedure.
- Caries prevalence and its association with brushing habits, water availability, and the intake of sugared beveragesJoseph A Guido
Private Practice, Ft Collins, CO, USA
Int J Paediatr Dent 21:432-40. 2011..CONCLUSIONS. Drinking sugared beverages, poor oral hygiene habits, and lack of access to tap water were identified as risk factor for caries in this sample of residents of rural Mexico...
- Clinical effectiveness of toothbrushes and toothbrushing methods of plaque removal on partially erupted occlusal surfacesAlessandra Fernandes Gonçalves
Department of Orthodontic and Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo, Av Lineu Prestes 2227, Sao Paulo, SP 05508 900, Brazil
Oral Health Prev Dent 5:33-7. 2007..The aim of this crossover study was to compare the efficacy of conventional and end-tufted toothbrushes and two methods of plaque removal on partially erupted occlusal surfaces in schoolchildren...
- Influence of a controlled pressure system on toothbrushing behaviorP A Heasman
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Clin Dent 12:2-6. 2001..toothbrush incorporates a Controlled Pressure system (CPS) that causes the brush head to flex back when a toothbrushing force (TBF) in excess of a pre-determined threshold is exerted against the teeth or soft tissues...
- Toothbrushing patterns over time in at-risk metropolitan African-American 5th- 8th gradersAnne Koerber
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, MC 850, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois Chicago, 801 South Paulina Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Public Health Dent 65:240-3. 2005A large study of risky pre-teen behavior provided an opportunity to examine self-reported toothbrushing frequency for stability over time and adequacy.
- The protective effects of toothpaste against erosion by orange juice: studies in situ and in vitroS M Hooper
Division of Restorative Dentistry, Bristol Dental School, Lower Maudlin Street, Bristol BS1 2LY, UK
J Dent 35:476-81. 2007..The aim of this investigation was to determine the protective effects of an experimental fluoride-based toothpaste, containing sodium hexametaphosphate, against an erosive challenge on tooth enamel...
- Efficacy of occlusal plaque removal in erupting molars: a comparison of an electric toothbrush and the cross-toothbrushing techniqueA W Nourallah
Department of Operative Dentistry, Periodontology and Pediatric Dentistry, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Caries Res 38:91-4. 2004..2%) with a slightly but significantly smaller mean value for the electric toothbrush (14.7%, manual cross-brushing technique 16.7%; p = 0.025)...
- Results after two years of non-operative treatment of occlusal surface in children with high caries prevalenceMarisa Maltz
Department of Social and Preventive Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Braz Dent J 14:48-54. 2003..The basic program consisted of 3 (March) and 2 (August) sessions of oral hygiene orientation and toothbrushing with fluoride gel...
- Toothbrushing and gingival recessionLuis A Litonjua
Department of Periodontics and Endodontics, State University of New York at Buffalo, 250 Squire Hall, 3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214 3008, USA
Int Dent J 53:67-72. 2003To review the hypothesis that toothbrushing leads to gingival recession. Gingival recession develops due to anatomical and pathological factors...
- The effect of prophylactic polishing pastes and toothbrushing on the surface roughness of resin composite materials in vitroAnn Marie L Neme
University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry, Detroit, MI, USA
Oper Dent 28:808-15. 2003..of a microfilled (Filtek A110) and a microhybrid (Filtek Z250) resin composite before and after simulated toothbrushing. Twenty, two-sided samples of both materials were fabricated in acrylic molds against a Mylar strip (baseline)...
- Promoting changes in clinical practice. Treatment time and outcome studies in a Danish public child dental health clinicA Thylstrup
Department of Cariology and Endodontics, School of Dentistry, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 25:126-34. 1997..total treatment time was used on non-operative caries treatment (diagnosis, risk assessment, plaque removal, toothbrushing training) and about 25% on operative caries treatment for 3- to 17-yr-olds...
- A randomized clinical trial to compare plaque inhibition of a sodium fluoride/potassium nitrate dentifrice versus a stabilized stannous fluoride/sodium hexametaphosphate dentifricePhilip G Bellamy
Oral Care Research and Development, London Innovation Centre of the Procter and Gamble Company in Egham, Surrey, UK
J Contemp Dent Pract 10:1-9. 2009..454% stannous fluoride/sodium hexametaphosphate/sodium fluoride positive control dentifrice (SnF2/SHMP with 1450 ppm F)...
- Results after 3 years of non-operative occlusal caries treatment of erupting permanent first molarsJ C Carvalho
Department of Cardiology and Endodontics, Royal Dental College, Copenhagen, Denmark
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 20:187-92. 1992..Our data indicate that professional care for erupting teeth on an individual basis has a long-term effect on occlusal surfaces as well. The alternative technique required less clinical time than the traditional application of sealants...
- The relationship between Sense of Coherence and toothbrushing behaviours in Iranian adolescents in MashhadMojtaba Dorri
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, London, UK
J Clin Periodontol 37:46-52. 2010The aim of this study was to assess the association between Sense of Coherence (SOC) and toothbrushing behaviours in Iranian adolescents in Mashhad.
- Chlorhexidine, toothbrushing, and preventing ventilator-associated pneumonia in critically ill adultsCindy L Munro
Adult Health Department, School of Nursing, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0567, USA
Am J Crit Care 18:428-37; quiz 438. 2009..Ventilator-associated pneumonia is associated with increased morbidity and mortality...
- Locus of control beliefs predicting oral and diabetes health behavior and health statusM C Kneckt
Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu, Finland
Acta Odontol Scand 57:127-31. 1999..It is therefore concluded that locus of control beliefs are health behavior specific...
- Fluoride intake by Brazilian children from two communities with fluoridated waterSaul M Paiva
Faculty of Dentistry, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 31:184-91. 2003..To determine total daily fluoride intake by young children from two communities in a developing country...
- Sealing ability, water sorption, solubility and toothbrushing abrasion resistance of temporary filling materialsC M Pieper
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Pelotas, Pelotas, Brazil
Int Endod J 42:893-9. 2009..To evaluate marginal seal, water sorption, solubility and loss of mass after brushing of several temporary filling materials...
- [Anticaries effectiveness of fluoride toothpaste: a meta-analysis]Sonia Cristina Lima Chaves
Departamento de Odontologia Social, Faculdade de Odontologia, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brasil
Rev Saude Publica 36:598-606. 2002..To carry out a meta-analysis on the effectiveness of fluoride toothpaste for reducing dental caries to calculate the effect size of different hypothesis...
- Gingival recession and toothbrushing in an Italian School of Dentistry: a pilot studyL Checchi
School of Dentistry, University of Bologna, Italy
J Clin Periodontol 26:276-80. 1999..Information about toothbrushing behavior was collected in an interview. The multiple regression analysis showed that level of education (p=0...
- Comparison between observed children's tooth brushing habits and those reported by mothersCarolina C Martins
Department Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
BMC Oral Health 11:22. 2011..The aim of the present study was to compare observed tooth-brushing habits of young children using fluoridated toothpaste with those reported by mothers...
- The impact of powered and manual toothbrushing on incipient gingival recessionGiles I McCracken
School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4BW, UK
J Clin Periodontol 36:950-7. 2009..To compare clinical effects of manual and powered toothbrushes on sites of localized gingival recession over 12 months. To evaluate patterns and the extent of toothbrush bristle wear...
- Bacteremia from Dental Extraction vs. Oral HygienePeter Lockhart; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, we will have unique and critical data for the development of both future research and evidence-based guidelines concerning antibiotic prophylaxis for individuals currently felt to be at risk for DSI. ..
- Northwest/Alaska/Hawaii Center to Reduce Oral Health DisparitiesPETER M MILGROM; Fiscal Year: 2012..on dental caries- Community-Based Intergenerational Oral Health Promotion In Rural America and Parent-Child Toothbrushing with 1000 ppm Fluoride Toothpaste to Prevent ECC-and a Statistics and Data Coordinating Center (S&DCC)...
- Training Oral Hygiene Habits with a GameDOV JACOBSON; Fiscal Year: 2011..Using such a device, a game can closely monitor player performance of toothbrushing action and adaptively provide appropriate instruction, correction and reinforcement...
- Parental preventive behaviors and oral health in Latino childrenKristin S Hoeft; Fiscal Year: 2013..are to better understand the cognitive factors influencing parental oral health protective behaviors, such as toothbrushing, and to evaluate whether Contra Caries improved the quantity and quality of such behaviors...
- Oral Care and Respiratory Pathogen ColonizationOzan Akca; Fiscal Year: 2004..Plaque removal with manual toothbrushing is effective but is performed once a day or less often by approximately 80% of ICU nurses...
- SEVERE PERIODONTITIS AS A RHEOLOGIC MODIFIERSTEVEN ENGEBRETSON; Fiscal Year: 2003..that result when the highly vascular, chronically inflamed periodontium is mechanically irritated by chewing, toothbrushing, and dental procedures...
- NURSING INTERVENTIONS FOR PRESERVING MEALTIME BEHAVIORSSUZANNE VAN ORT; Fiscal Year: 1991..in preparation for the meal, the eating or feeding activities themselves, toileting, handwashing and toothbrushing as a conclusion to the meal...
- Risk Reduction: Oral Care, Bacteremia and Critical CareDeborah Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..evidence that bacteremia occurs in healthy populations with manipulation of the oral mucosa, such as toothbrushing; however, the relationship of oral care to bacteremia and the clinical significance of oral care-associated ..
- Guided Pocket Recolonization (GPR) in PeriodontitisMarc Quirynen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Clinical data will be collected after 2, 4, 6, 8 and 12 weeks. The results should indicate the possible role for commensal organisms in periodontal disease and subgingival biofilm formation. ..
- Volunteer Activities on Long-Term Care ResidentsHon Yuen; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is expected that findings will support the activity theory of aging and validate the beneficial effects of residents in LTC facilities participating in structured volunteer activities. ..
- Oral Health in People with Systemic SclerosisHon Yuen; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oral Health and Ventilator Associated PneumoniaFrank Scannapieco; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Amylase Binding Streptococci Dental Plaque and CariesFrank Scannapieco; Fiscal Year: 2008..mutans made to express AbpA show altered colonization and/or cariogenic abilities. Integration of in vitro with in vivo studies is crucial for mechanistic understanding of Dental plaque formation. ..
- EFFECT OF CHRONIC INFECTION ON PLACENTAL DEVELOPMENTKim Boggess; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding of these mechanisms may assist in the development of interventions to protect the fetus and placenta from damage as a result of chronic maternal infection with oral pathogens. ..
- Understanding Barriers to Oral Health Care In Pregnancy: The First Step to ImprovKim Boggess; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Comprehensive Research Training for Oral Health SciencesFrank Scannapieco; Fiscal Year: 2008..Name Organization Frank A. Scannapieco University at Buffalo/Oral Biology Libuse Bobek University at Buffalo/Oral Biology Rosemary Dziak University at Buffalo/Oral Biology in the format shown below. Role on ..
- Development of Objective Methods for Fluorosis DiagnosisESPERANZA MARTINEZ MIER; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- World Workshop in Oral Medicine IVPeter Lockhart; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proceedings will be published as evidence-based recommendations for best clinical practice in Oral Medicine as well as providing suggestions for future basic science and clinical research. ..
- Fluoride Varnish to Prevent Caries in Toddlers - An Expanded Immunization ProgramPeter Milgrom; Fiscal Year: 2008..Keywords: fluoride varnish, dental caries, oral health, early prevention, multi-center, toddlers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Microbial Markers for Periodontal Disease in ChildrenDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Attachment of Oral Actinobacillus to EpitheliumDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2008..The longterm goal of this application is to use this information to identify targets for therapeutic agents that can interfere with attachment of Aa to oral tissues and thus prevent colonization leading to LAP. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biotech & Materials Research to Reduce Caries DisparityPeter Milgrom; Fiscal Year: 2005..The conference will be co-sponsored by the Northwest/Alaska Center to Reduce Oral Health Disparities, the University of Washington UWeb Bioengineering Center, and the Salivary Diagnostics Project. ..
- Gold standard methods for fluoride analysisESPERANZA MARTINEZ MIER; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed study will provide an opportunity to resolve discrepancies that currently make it difficult to compare the results of the many studies dealing with fluoride analyses. ..
- Oral Immunology/Microbiology Research Group Annual MtgDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2003..Perpetuation of the OIMRG and its annual meetings greatly enhances the spirit of collegial interaction/collaboration among investigators with expertise in immunology and microbial pathogenesis as related to oral health and disease. ..
- Oral Immunology/Microbiology Annual MeetingDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2003..Perpetuation of the OIMRG and its annual meetings greatly enhances the spirit of collegial interaction/collaboration among investigators with expertise in immunology and microbial pathogenesis as related to oral health and disease. ..
- Study Plans of Communication and Oral Health DisparitiesAnne Koerber; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Development of QLF Handpiece for Early Caries DetectionGeorge Stookey; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nitrous Oxide, Individual Differences, and ConditioningDouglas Ramsay; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, these studies will integrate basic science inhalant research within the broader context of addiction research. ..
- Hypertension Control & Therapy AdherenceNancy Kressin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Evaluate the relative efficacy of the patient-centered counseling intervention compared to patient-centered counseling augmented by cultural competency training on clinicians' communication patterns. ..
- Blueprints for Transforming Research at UIC College of DentistryChristine Wu; Fiscal Year: 2003..With the systematic infrastructure improvement initiative, and through integration of interdisciplinary research and creation of critical mass, UIC COD will play a leading role in US academic dentistry. ..
- New York State Oral Cancer Control PartnershipJayanth Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will also prepare two case studies of oral cancer patients. During the second phase of the project, NYUCD will take the lead in developing, implementing and evaluating interventions. ..
- Longitudinal Study of Fluoride, Diet, Caries & FluorosisSteven Levy; Fiscal Year: 2008..As studies involving recruitment and successful retention of a cohort from birth are extremely rare, the Iowa Fluoride Study offers a unique opportunity to study these relationships in unprecedented detail. ..
- Optically enhanced dental sealants to indicate placement and material conditionGeorge Stookey; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] 3) An optically doped sealant combines the efficacy advantages of a clear sealant with the visibility advantages of an opaque sealant. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- New Phosphated Polymers Prevent Microbial ColonizationAndrew Dentino; Fiscal Year: 2009..The use of these new polymers could improve the oral health of a significant population of prosthesis users. The phosphated PMMA polymers could have great potential for clinical and commercial applications. ..
- HEADGEAR MONITORING FOR ORTHODONTICSDouglas Ramsay; Fiscal Year: 2002..Feedback on compliance will be readily available to patients, parents, and orthodontists. Improving compliance with headgear wear may have clinically beneficial consequences. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- Identification of Uncultivated and Unrecognized Pathogens of PeriodontitisANNE DENISE HAFFAJEE; Fiscal Year: 2010..The identification of such pathogens should, over time, lead to better diagnosis of disease, optimal treatment strategies for the individual patient, new therapeutic approaches and carefully targeted approaches to prevention. ..
- GOLDENSEAL(HYDRASTIS CANADENSIS)REMEDY FOR ORAL DISEASESChristine Wu; Fiscal Year: 2002..This application of CAM research will help to achieve better oral health and oral disease prevention, one of the to priority areas of focus specified b the U.S. Public Health Service in "Health People 2000." ..
- EFFECT OF ANTIBIOTICS ON ORAL BIOFILMS IN VIVOAnne Haffajee; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Longitudinal study of caries in a rural WIC populationJohn Warren; Fiscal Year: 2004..Data from this pilot study will be of great value and will position the study team to effectively conduct future intervention studies to reduce oral health disparities. ..
- Determinants of the Durability of Resin-Dentin BondsDavid Pashley; Fiscal Year: 2006..This should provide important new insight into designing more durable resin-dentin bonds that can justify the placement of resin-based posterior composites. ..
- Periodontal Disease and PrematurityAnanda Dasanayake; Fiscal Year: 2006..The collective expertise of the investigative team and the excellent clinical and research facilities are additional strengths. ..
- International Conference on Tobacco Induced DiseasesDenis Kinane; Fiscal Year: 2004..Molecular biology of cancer/xenobiotics gene polymorphisms; 16. Cessation Techniques; 17. Harm Reduction; 18. Addiction therapy; 19. Rates of success; 20. Swedish snuff is healthier than tobacco smoking? Poster Session ..
- Molecular Epidemiological Approach to Determine S. mutansYihong Li; Fiscal Year: 2005..Application of the new molecular tools will have a substantial impact on improving the oral health of children. ..
- TRADITIONAL & MEDICAL MODELS OF PERIODONTAL CARERichard Niederman; Fiscal Year: 2005..These points argue for a direct comparison of the medical and traditional model of care. ..
- Caries Risk Assessment Instrument for Young AdultsGeorge Stookey; Fiscal Year: 2005..Future large-scale investigations will be undertaken to validate the merits of the instrument. ..
- Sharp Instrument Injuries and Use of Clinical ServicesGerardo Maupome; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will provide important information to establish the current impact of SII/BBFE incidents in HCWs, in terms of their utilization of clinical services and associated costs. ..
- UConn Craniofacial Tissue Repair Regeneration ProgramSusan Reisine; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our vision is to create a rich environment of interdisciplinary research that spans basic, translational and community based research. ..
- Three Periodontal Therapies in Current & Non-SmokersAnne Haffajee; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed investigation should provide a model to examine methods that could be useful in treating compromised patients whether compromised by harmful habits such as smoking, systemic disease, or genetic background. ..
- MICROBIAL ASSOCIATIONS IN PERIODONTAL HEALTH AND DISEASEAnne Haffajee; Fiscal Year: 2006..These data will provide a basis for understanding microbial community structure, ecological relationships and define desired microbiological end-point of therapy. ..
- Biomimetic Adhesive for Mineralized TissuesJohn Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2005..Additionally we will characterize the changes in the interface between tooth and restoration. ..
- Clinical Models Workshop:Remin-Demin, Precavity, CariesGeorge Stookey; Fiscal Year: 2005..The meeting will be held on July 3-5, 2005 in the Downtown Marriott Hotel in Indianapolis, Indiana, immediately prior to the annual ORCA (European Organization for Caries Research) meeting. ..
- International Caries Detection and Assessement SystemAmid Ismail; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finding of the workshop will be used in a second workshop, to be organized by Dr. George Stookey, which will focus on the design of caries clinical trials and new diagnostic technology. ..
- EMPLOYMENT AND HEALTH STATUS IN WOMEN WITH FIBROMYALGIASusan Reisine; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Michigan Oral Cancer Prevention NetworkAmid Ismail; Fiscal Year: 2003..By the end of the 3rd year, or earlier, the MOPCN would be ready to plan and implement community-based intervention studies...
- Intervention Planning to Reduce Nursing Home PneumoniaVincent Quagliarello; Fiscal Year: 2005..A feasible and effective intervention for pneumonia prevention will hold great promise in reducing clinical morbidity and costs among this vulnerable population of citizens. ..
- Quantification of Host Markers in GCF Using CBIBRicardo Teles; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover, this methodology is at the forefront of new approaches in proteomics, and carries enormous promise for translational applications in the near future. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Microbial Outcomes of Minimal Intervention TreatmentMathilde Peters; Fiscal Year: 2005..This investigation is a clinical and molecular re-entry study of sealing of caries, in support of a future full-scale clinical trial of incomplete caries removal. ..