Genomes and Genes
Summary: The practice of personal hygiene of the mouth. It includes the maintenance of oral cleanliness, tissue tone, and general preservation of oral health.
Publications361 found, 100 shown here
- Knowledge on gingivitis and oral hygiene practices among secondary school adolescents in rural and urban Morogoro, TanzaniaI M Masanja
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences MUCHS, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Int J Dent Hyg 2:172-8. 2004To assess and compare knowledge on gingivitis and oral hygiene practices among rural and urban secondary school students.
- Poor oral hygiene as a risk factor for infective endocarditis-related bacteremiaPeter B Lockhart
Department of Oral Medicine, Carolinas Medical Center, P O Box 32861, Charlotte, NC 28232 2861, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 140:1238-44. 2009..The authors conducted a study to determine if poor oral hygiene or dental disease are risk factors for developing bacteremia after toothbrushing or single-tooth extraction.
- Oral hygiene measures and the periodontal status of school childrenK A Kolawole
Department of Child Dental Health, Faculty of Dentistry, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria
Int J Dent Hyg 9:143-8. 2011..Tooth brushing and other mechanical cleaning procedures are considered the most reliable methods of effective plaque removal, which is essential for prevention of periodontal diseases...
- Effect of a school-based oral health education programme in Wuhan City, Peoples Republic of ChinaPoul Erik Petersen
World Health Organisation, 20 Avenue Appia, CH 1221 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Int Dent J 54:33-41. 2004..To assess oral health outcomes of a school-based oral health education (OHE) programme on children, mothers and schoolteachers in China, and to evaluate the methods applied and materials used...
- Oral cancer in southern India: the influence of smoking, drinking, paan-chewing and oral hygienePrabha Balaram
Regional Cancer Center, Trivandrum, Kerala, India
Int J Cancer 98:440-5. 2002..Low educational attainment, occupation as a farmer or manual worker and various indicators of poor oral hygiene were associated with significantly increased risk. An OR of 2.5 (95% CI 1.4-4...
- Influences on children's oral health: a conceptual modelSusan A Fisher-Owens
University of California, Department of Pediatrics, 400 Parnassus Ave, Room AC01, Box 0374, San Francisco, CA 94143 0374, USA
Pediatrics 120:e510-20. 2007..The purpose of this article was to present a more encompassing conceptual model of the influences on children's oral health...
- The long-term effect of a plaque control program on tooth mortality, caries and periodontal disease in adults. Results after 30 years of maintenanceP Axelsson
Department of Periodontology, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Clin Periodontol 31:749-57. 2004..The biofilm that forms and remains on tooth surfaces is the main etiological factor in caries and periodontal disease. Prevention of caries and periodontal disease must be based on means that counteract this bacterial plaque...
- Sociobehavioural risk factors in dental caries - international perspectivesPoul Erik Petersen
Oral Health Programme, Department of Chronic Disease and Health Promotion, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 33:274-9. 2005..In future public health programmes, systematic risk factor assessment may therefore be instrumental in the planning and surveillance of oral health promotion and oral disease intervention programmes...
- Evaluating the role of dental behaviour in oral health inequalitiesAnne E Sanders
Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health, Dental School, The University of Adelaide, Australia
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 34:71-9. 2006....
- Oral health-related quality of life in patients seeking care for dentin hypersensitivityK Bekes
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University School of Dental Medicine, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
J Oral Rehabil 36:45-51. 2009..The present study suggests that the oral condition of hypersensitive teeth is significantly associated with impaired OHRQoL...
- Effectiveness of health care worker training on the oral health of elderly residents of nursing homesRobert Nicol
Community Dental Service, Wick, Scotland, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 33:115-24. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of a staff training programme on mouth care on the oral health of elderly residents of long-term care institutions...
- Dental caries and its relationship to bacterial infection, hypoplasia, diet, and oral hygiene in 6- to 36-month-old childrenP Milgrom
Department of Dental Public Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 28:295-306. 2000..Caufield et al. (1) have suggested that the acquisition of mutans streptococci in young children most likely takes place during a "window of infectivity" from 19 to 31 months of age...
- The role of health-related behaviors in the socioeconomic disparities in oral healthWael Sabbah
Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Soc Sci Med 68:298-303. 2009..dental visits, frequency of eating fresh fruits and vegetables and extent of calculus, used as a marker for oral hygiene. Oral health outcomes were gingival bleeding, loss of periodontal attachment, tooth loss and perceived oral ..
- Feeding and oral hygiene habits of preschool children in Hong Kong and their caregivers' dental knowledge and attitudesS C L Chan
Tang Shiu Kin Dental Therapist Training School, MacLehose Dental Centre, Hong Kong SAR, People s Republic of China
Int J Paediatr Dent 12:322-31. 2002This study was designed to gather data on infant feeding habits and oral hygiene practices of Hong Kong preschool children, on the dental knowledge and attitudes of their caregivers and on the oral health status of the same group of ..
- Twenty-four month incidence of root caries among a diverse group of adultsG H Gilbert
School of Dentistry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Ala 35294 0007, USA
Caries Res 35:366-75. 2001..1) Describe for a diverse sample the 24-month incidence of root caries, and (2) test its association with a broad range of clinical, behavioral, financial, and sociodemographic factors...
- Effectiveness of a school dental education program in improving oral health knowledge and oral hygiene practices and status of 12- to 13-year-old school childrenRekha P Shenoy
Department of Community Dentistry, Yenepoya Dental College, Yenepoya University, Deralakatte, Mangalore 575 018, India
Indian J Dent Res 21:253-9. 2010Children with poor oral health are 12 times more likely to have restricted-activity days. Dental health education [DHE], with the objective of improving the oral hygiene of the participants, would have obvious merits.
- Gender-specific oral health attitudes and behavior among dental students in JordanQasem Diefallah Al-Omari
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology in Irbid, Jordan
J Contemp Dent Pract 6:107-14. 2005..Further research is needed to examine the students clinically for periodontal and caries conditions. Students should be encouraged to be a model for oral health for their families, friends, and patients...
- Self-reported oral hygiene habits and oral health problems of Kuwaiti adultsKhalaf F Al-Shammari
Department of Surgical Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Kuwait
Med Princ Pract 16:15-21. 2007The aims of this study were to examine self-reported oral hygiene habits and oral health problems of a sample of adult Kuwaitis.
- Oral health attitudes, knowledge, and behavior among school children in North JordanMahmoud K Al-Omiri
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
J Dent Educ 70:179-87. 2006..The participants' oral hygiene habits (such as tooth brushing) were found to be irregular, and parents' role in the oral hygiene habits of ..
- Dental and periodontal status and risk for progression of carotid atherosclerosis: the inflammation and carotid artery risk for atherosclerosis study dental substudyThomas Schillinger
Clinic of Dentistry, Medical University, Vienna, Austria
Stroke 37:2271-6. 2006..Dental and periodontal disease are potentially involved in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. We investigated whether dental and periodontal status is associated with the presence and future progression of carotid stenosis...
- Oral health behaviour and its determinants amongst Iranian dental studentsMohammad R Khami
Institute of Dentistry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Dent Educ 11:42-7. 2007..To study the oral health behaviour (OHB) of Iranian senior dental students in relation to their gender, background characteristics, knowledge of preventive care, and attitudes towards preventive dentistry...
- Associations between periodontal disease and risk for nosocomial bacterial pneumonia and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. A systematic reviewFrank A Scannapieco
Department of Oral Biology, School of Dental Medicine, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York, USA
Ann Periodontol 8:54-69. 2003..Several recent studies provide evidence that the oral cavity may influence the initiation and/or the progression of lung diseases such as pneumonia and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Familial and cultural perceptions and beliefs of oral hygiene and dietary practices among ethnically and socio-economicall diverse groupsPauline M Adair
Department of Clinical Psychology, The Royal Hospitals, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Community Dent Health 21:102-11. 2004....
- Oral health status and oral health behaviour of urban and rural schoolchildren in Southern ThailandP E Petersen
University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Health Sciences, Department for Community Dentistry, Denmark
Int Dent J 51:95-102. 2001....
- Microbial shifts during dental biofilm re-development in the absence of oral hygiene in periodontal health and diseaseNaciye G Uzel
Department of Periodontology, The Forsyth Institute, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
J Clin Periodontol 38:612-20. 2011..To monitor microbial shifts during dental biofilm re-development...
- The prevalence and severity of oral impacts on daily performances in Thai primary school childrenSudaduang Gherunpong
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, 1 19 Torrington Place, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:57. 2004..There are no systematic OHRQoL studies of a population-based sample of children. The objective of this study was to assess the prevalence, characteristics and severity of oral impacts in primary school children...
- Oral care interventions in critical care: frequency and documentationMary Jo Grap
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing, Richmond, VA, USA
Am J Crit Care 12:113-8; discussion 119. 2003..No data have been collected to describe the products, methods, and frequency of oral care needed to reduce dental plaque, oral colonization, and ventilator-associated pneumonia in critically ill patients...
- Are the barriers to good oral hygiene in nursing homes within the nurses or the patients?Tril Willumsen
Dental Health Services Competence East TKØ, Norway
Gerodontology 29:e748-55. 2012To explore nursing home patients' oral hygiene and their nurses' assessments of barriers to improvement.
- Oral hygiene practices and dental service utilization among pregnant womenKim A Boggess
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, CB 7516, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 141:553-61. 2010Daily oral hygiene and regular dental visits are important components of oral health care. The authors' objective in this study was to examine women's oral hygiene practices and use of dental services during pregnancy.
- Determinants of oral health behaviour among Iranian dentistsHadi Ghasemi
Department of Oral Public Health, Institute of Dentistry, University of Helsinki, Finland
Int Dent J 57:237-42. 2007..To study the oral health behaviour of Iranian dentists...
- Oral health risk assessment timing and establishment of the dental homeKevin J Hale
Pediatrics 111:1113-6. 2003..prenatal care), and aggressive strategies should be adopted, including anticipatory guidance, behavior modifications (oral hygiene and feeding practices), and establishment of a dental home by 1 year of age for children deemed at risk.
- Treatment of dentin hypersensitivity by Nd:YAG laserB B Lier
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Oslo, Norway
J Clin Periodontol 29:501-6. 2002..The aim of this double-blind, controlled, split-mouth designed clinical trial was to assess the effect of a single Nd:YAG laser application on alleviating hypersensitivity...
- The effect of intensive oral hygiene care on gingivitis and periodontal destruction in type 2 diabetic patientsHee Kyung Lee
Department of Dentistry, College of Medicine, Yeungnam University, Daegu, Korea
Yonsei Med J 50:529-36. 2009This study aimed to investigate the effects of oral hygiene care by oral professionals on periodontal health in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients.
- Oral status, oral hygiene habits and caries risk factors in home-dwelling elderly dependent on moderate or substantial supportive care for daily livingElla Strömberg
Public Dental Health, Gävleborg County Council, Gavle, Sweden
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 40:221-9. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate oral hygiene habits, clinical variables related to oral self-care and caries risk in elderly individuals living at home with ..
- The association of tooth scaling and decreased cardiovascular disease: a nationwide population-based studyZu Yin Chen
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Med 125:568-75. 2012Poor oral hygiene has been associated with an increased risk for cardiovascular disease. However, the association between preventive dentistry and cardiovascular risk reduction has remained undetermined...
- Periodontal treatment to improve glycaemic control in diabetic patients: study protocol of the randomized, controlled DIAPERIO trialJean Noel Vergnes
Department of Dentistry, Toulouse University Hospital CHU de Toulouse and Toulouse Dental School, Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse, France
Trials 10:65. 2009..The main objective of this clinical trial is to assess whether periodontal treatment could lead to a decrease in glycated haemoglobin levels in metabolically unbalanced diabetic patients suffering from chronic periodontitis...
- Determinants of oral hygiene behavior: a study based on the theory of planned behaviorYvonne A B Buunk-Werkhoven
Department of Social Psychology, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 39:250-9. 2011The aim of this study was to develop an index for oral hygiene behavior (OHB) and to examine potential predictors of this actual behavior based on the theory of planned behavior (TPB)...
- Cynical hostility as a determinant of toothbrushing frequency and oral hygieneHanna Leena Mettovaara
Department of Periodontology and Geriatric Dentistry, Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
J Clin Periodontol 33:21-8. 2006Our aim was to investigate whether cynical hostility, self-reported toothbrushing frequency and objectively assessed levels of oral hygiene were associated.
- Systematic review of basic oral care for the management of oral mucositis in cancer patientsDeborah B McGuire
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing, Richmond, VA, USA
Support Care Cancer 21:3165-77. 2013..The purpose of this project was to evaluate research in basic oral care interventions to update evidence-based practice guidelines for preventing and treating oral mucositis (OM) in cancer patients undergoing radio- or chemotherapy...
- Sense of coherence as a determinant of toothbrushing frequency and level of oral hygieneJarno J Savolainen
Department of Periodontology and Geriatric Dentistry, Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
J Periodontol 76:1006-12. 2005..Our aim is to investigate whether SOC, self-reported toothbrushing frequency, and objectively assessed levels of oral hygiene are related.
- Dental caries prevalence among preschool children of Hubli: Dharwad cityR Mahejabeen
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, SDM College of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Dharwad, India
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 24:19-22. 2006..The prevalence of dental caries was 54.1%. The attitude of mothers towards children's oral health made a statistical difference in the mean dmft levels...
- Oral hygiene profile of subjects on renal dialysisF Atassi
Div of Periodontics, Department of Preventive Dental Sciences, King Saud University College of Dentistry, P O Box 60169, Riyadh 11545, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Indian J Dent Res 12:71-6. 2001..Results showed that all subjects did not have optimal oral hygiene, means of PI, DI, CI and GI., were 2.0444, 1.9556, 1.8944 and 1.8167 respectively...
- The effect of sociocultural status on periodontal conditions in pregnancyFunda Yalcin
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Istanbul University, Turkey
J Periodontol 73:178-82. 2002....
- Poor oral hygiene and gingivitis are associated with obesity and overweight status in paediatric subjectsRoberto Franchini
Department of Medical Sciences, Universita del Piemonte Orientale Amedeo Avogadro, Novara, Italy
J Clin Periodontol 38:1021-8. 2011..Our aim is to evaluate whether overweight/obese paediatric patients have a greater chance of being affected by gingivitis than those of normal weight...
- Nursing students' practice in providing oral hygiene for patientsAnn McAuliffe
School of Nursing and Midwifery, University College Cork, Ireland
Nurs Stand 21:35-9. 2007To explore and identify precedent factors that may influence nursing students' oral hygiene practice in hospitalised patients, by using an adaptation of the Precede Model.
- Control of periodontal infection reduces the severity of active rheumatoid arthritisMhd Khaldoun Al-Katma
Department of Periodontics, Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Clin Rheumatol 13:134-7. 2007..To determine if eliminating periodontal infection and gingival inflammation affects the severity of active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in patients with chronic inflammatory periodontal disease...
- Women's attitudes to and perceptions of oral health and dental care during pregnancyMarc J N C Keirse
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia
J Perinat Med 38:3-8. 2010To assess pregnant women's opinions on and perceptions of oral health and their relationship to oral hygiene and dental care practices.
- Oral hygiene and postoperative pain after mandibular third molar surgeryM Penarrocha
Valencia University Medical and Dental School, Spain
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 92:260-4. 2001The purpose of this study was to evaluate the association between oral hygiene before surgery and pain, inflammation, and trismus after the surgical removal of 190 impacted lower third molars.
- The effectiveness of an individually tailored oral health educational programme on oral hygiene behaviour in patients with periodontal disease: a blinded randomized-controlled clinical trial (one-year follow-up)B Jonsson
Department of Public Health and Caring Science, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Clin Periodontol 36:1025-34. 2009To evaluate the effectiveness of an individually tailored oral health educational programme for oral hygiene self-care in patients with chronic periodontitis compared with the standard treatment.
- Dental caries experience and association to risk indicators of remote rural populationsSean L Cook
Private Practice, Newburgh, Indianapolis, IA 47629, USA
Int J Paediatr Dent 18:275-83. 2008..Therefore, it is important to identify and target patients at risk of developing caries in order to develop specific preventive measures...
- Caries and its association with infant feeding and oral health-related behaviours in 3-4-year-old Brazilian childrenE L Dini
Universidade Estadual Paulista, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 28:241-8. 2000To investigate the relationships between socio-demographic factors, infant feeding habits, oral hygiene and the prevalence and patterns of caries in Brazilian 3-4-year-olds.
- A systematic review of the relationship between breastfeeding and early childhood cariesR Valaitis
Hamilton Wentworth, Social and Public Health Services Division, McMaster University
Can J Public Health 91:411-7. 2000..Due to conflicting findings in less rigorous research studies, no definitive time at which an infant should be weaned was determined, and parents should begin an early and consistent mouth care regime...
- Does oral health promotion improve oral hygiene and gingival health?Richard G Watt
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of College London Medical School, UK
Periodontol 2000 37:35-47. 2005
- Improvement of taste sensitivity of the nursed elderly by oral careTomohisa Ohno
Section of Gerodontology, Department of Gerodontology, Division of Gerontology and Gerodontology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Med Dent Sci 50:101-7. 2003..The present result suggests that mild tongue brushing may enhance taste sensitivity of saltiness and sourness in the nursed elderly...
- Poor oral hygiene enhances gingival overgrowth caused by calcineurin inhibitorsL Reali
Department of Maslicalory Disorders and Removable Prosthodontics, Dental School University of Zürich, Bellinzona, Switzerland
J Clin Pharm Ther 34:255-60. 2009To estimate the prevalence of gingival overgrowth in kidney allograft recipients in southern Switzerland and to determine the factors associated with it. We hypothesized that poor oral hygiene was a risk factor.
- Prevalence of malocclusion and its relationship with socio-demographic factors, dental caries, and oral hygiene in 12- to 14-year-old Tanzanian schoolchildrenMatilda Mtaya
Department of Clinical Dentistry, University of Bergen, Norway
Eur J Orthod 31:467-76. 2009..of malocclusion and its association with socio-demographic characteristics, caries experience, and level of oral hygiene in 12- to 14-year-old schoolchildren residing in two socio-economically different districts of Tanzania...
- The impact of the stone age diet on gingival conditions in the absence of oral hygieneStefan Baumgartner
Laboratory of Oral Microbiology, Department of Clinical Research, School of Dental Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Periodontol 80:759-68. 2009The objective of this study was to assess the oral microbiota and clinical data in subjects without access to traditional oral hygiene methods and who ate a diet available in the Stone Age.
- Academic-practice partnerships to promote evidence-based practice in long-term care: oral hygiene care practices as an exemplarEleanor Schildwachter McConnell
Duke University School of Nursing, NC 27710, USA
Nurs Outlook 55:95-105. 2007..This project focused on oral hygiene because the staff was dissatisfied with their existing resident oral care program, and an evidence-base for ..
- Oral hygiene, periodontal health and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbationsZhiqiang Liu
Department of Stomatology, Beijing Chaoyang Hospital Affiliated to Capital Medical University, China
J Clin Periodontol 39:45-52. 2012To assess the associations of oral hygiene and periodontal health with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) exacerbations.
- Dental health and access to dental treatment: a comparison of drug users and non-drug users attending community pharmaciesJ Sheridan
National Addiction Centre, London
Br Dent J 191:453-7. 2001....
- The effect of right or left-handedness on oral hygieneA Tezel
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Int J Neurosci 109:1-9. 2001..between the left-handed who are known as skillful at drawing, geometry, and graphics and the right-handed at oral hygiene check. The study included 28 persons, 12 female and 16 male, ranging in age from 19 to 26...
- Oral hygiene and parent-related factors during early childhood in relation to approximal caries at 15 years of ageA Alm
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Karnsjukhuset, Skovde, Sweden
Caries Res 42:28-36. 2008The aim was to investigate whether oral hygiene habits and parent-related factors, recorded in early childhood, have a predictive value in relation to approximal caries experience (including initial caries lesions) at the age of 15 years (..
- Intentional use of the Hawthorne effect to improve oral hygiene compliance in orthodontic patientsPhilip H Feil
Department of Dental Public Health and Behavioral Science, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Dentistry, USA
J Dent Educ 66:1129-35. 2002..of this study was to evaluate whether the home care of noncompliant adolescent orthodontic patients with "poor" oral hygiene could be improved through the use of a deception strategy designed to intentionally induce the Hawthorne effect...
- Caries experience and background factors in 4-year-old children: time trends 1967-2002C Stecksen-Blicks
Department of Odontology, Paediatric Dentistry, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Caries Res 38:149-55. 2004..children in Umeå, a city in northern Sweden, were examined for dental caries and background factors such as oral hygiene habits, use of fluorides, and sugar consumption...
- The oral health knowledge and oral hygiene practices among primary school children age 5-17 years in a rural area of Uasin Gishu district, KenyaK A Okemwa
Department of Community, Preventive Dentistry Periodontology, School of Dentistry, Moi University, Box 4606, Eldoret, Kenya
East Afr J Public Health 7:187-90. 2010To determine the oral health knowledge and oral hygiene practices among school children in the study region
- Oral hygiene, dentition, sexual habits and risk of oral cancerR Talamini
Servizio di Epidemiologia, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Via Pedemontana Occ, Aviano, 33081, Italy
Br J Cancer 83:1238-42. 2000..No differences were detected in sexual practices (including oral sex) and (previous) sexually transmitted infections...
- Oral health-related quality of life of 12- and 15-year-old Thai children: findings from a national surveySudaduang Krisdapong
Department of Community Dentistry, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 37:509-17. 2009....
- Do life- or school-satisfaction and self-esteem indicators explain the oral hygiene habits of schoolchildren?S Honkala
Department of Developmental and Preventive Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 35:337-47. 2007The aim of this study was to ascertain how frequently toothbrushing and flossing are practiced among schoolchildren in Kuwait and whether life- and school-satisfaction and self-esteem indicators are associated with oral hygiene habits.
- Oral health and the impact of socio-behavioural factors in a cross sectional survey of 12-year old school children in LaosNanna Jürgensen
Department for Community Dentistry and Graduate Studies, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Oester Farimagsgade 5, Copenhagen K, Denmark
BMC Oral Health 9:29. 2009....
- Teaching oral hygiene to children with autismC Pilebro
Department of Odontology Paediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Int J Paediatr Dent 15:1-9. 2005The need for improved oral hygiene routines in individuals with disabilities has been documented in many reports...
- Early childhood caries lesions in preschool children in Kerala, IndiaBabu Jose
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
Pediatr Dent 25:594-600. 2003..Therefore, the aims of this study were: (1) to gather data on caries lesion frequency and distribution; (2) to determine any possible associations with feeding habits and oral health care practices...
- Risk factors for dental caries in young children: a systematic review of the literatureRebecca Harris
WHO Collaborating Centre on Oral Health in Deprived Communities, University of Liverpool Dental School, England, UK
Community Dent Health 21:71-85. 2004....
- The role of oral hygiene in inflammatory bowel diseaseShashideep Singhal
Department of Internal Medicine, Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago, IL, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:170-5. 2011..Accordingly, we investigated associations between oral hygiene practices and IBD.
- Socio-demographic and behavioural correlates of oral hygiene status and oral health related quality of life, the Limpopo-Arusha school health project (LASH): a cross-sectional studyHawa S Mbawalla
Department of Clinical Dentistry, Community Dentistry, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
BMC Pediatr 10:87. 2010..This study used baseline-data from LASH-project targeting secondary students to; 1) assess frequency of poor oral hygiene status and oral impacts on daily performances, OIDP, by socio-demographic and behavioural characteristics, 2) ..
- Association among rheumatoid arthritis, oral hygiene, and periodontitisN Pischon
Department of Periodontology, Charite Medical Faculty Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin, Germany
J Periodontol 79:979-86. 2008..Further, it is unclear to what extent poor oral hygiene among patients with RA may account for this association.
- Oral hygiene of elderly people in long-term care institutions--a cross-sectional studyLuc M De Visschere
Department of Community Dentistry and Dental Public Health, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Gerodontology 23:195-204. 2006The aim of this cross-sectional study was to assess the level of oral hygiene in elderly people living in long-term care institutions and to investigate the relationship between institutional and individual characteristics, and the ..
- The oral cleanliness and periodontal health of UK adults in 1998A J Morris
Dental Public Health, School of Dentistry, The University of Birmingham
Br Dent J 191:186-92. 2001..If that level of control is to be achieved we need a widespread improvement in our management of the disease, particularly in our ability to improve the oral cleanliness of the UK population...
- Evaluation of the safety and efficacy of over-the-counter oral hygiene products for the reduction and control of plaque and gingivitisChristine D Wu
Department of Periodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Periodontol 2000 28:91-105. 2002
- Periodontal condition in patients with rheumatoid arthritisEduardo de Paula Ishi
School of Dentistry of Araraquara, Sao Paulo State University, Brazil
Braz Oral Res 22:72-7. 2008..0006), the percentage of sites showing gingival bleeding was not different (Fishers exact test, p > 0.05). Based on our results, we suggest that there is an association between periodontal disease and RA...
- Caries experience and oral hygiene status of blind, deaf and mentally retarded female children in Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaZ Al-Qahtani
Presidency of Girls Education, Riyadh
Odontostomatol Trop 27:37-40. 2004To determine the caries experience and oral hygiene status in blind, deaf and mentally retarded female children in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Mexican American mothers' initiation and understanding of home oral hygiene for young childrenKristin S Hoeft
Department of Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, USA
Pediatr Dent 31:395-404. 2009To investigate caregiver beliefs and behaviors as key issues in the initiation of home oral hygiene routines...
- Impact of socio-demographic variables, oral hygiene practices, oral habits and diet on dental caries experience of Indian elderly: a community-based studyNaseem Shah
Department of Dental Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Gerodontology 21:43-50. 2004..A number of factors influence the caries experience and the pattern of restorative care especially in the older age group...
- How to influence patient oral hygiene behavior effectivelyJ E Clarkson
DHSRU, University of Dundee, Mackenzie Building, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee, DD2 4BF UK
J Dent Res 88:933-7. 2009Considerable resources are expended in dealing with dental disease easily prevented with better oral hygiene. The study hypothesis was that an evidence-based intervention, framed with psychological theory, would improve patients' oral ..
- Changes in caries prevalence and oral hygiene skills among preschool-aged children in Lithuania between 2000 and 2010Jaunė Razmienė
Department of Oral Health and Pediatric Dentistry, Medical Academy, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Luksos Daumanto 6, 50106 Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 48:364-70. 2012The aim of the study was to evaluate the factors associated with the prevalence and severity of dental caries as well oral hygiene habits among 4- to 6-year-old children in Kaunas (Lithuania) in 2000 and 2010.
- Caries and associated factors in a group of Swedish children 2- 3 years of ageMarie Bankel
Public Dental Service Clinic in Majorna, Goteborg, Sweden
Swed Dent J 30:137-46. 2006..A standardized questionnaire was used to describe socio-economic factors, dietary and oral hygiene habits and exposure to fluoride...
- Caries experience and oral hygiene status of a group of visually impaired children in Istanbul, TurkeyNural Bekiroglu
Medical School of Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Oral Health Prev Dent 10:75-80. 2012To evaluate the caries experience, oral hygiene status and oral health knowledge of a group of visually impaired students.
- Feeding and oral hygiene habits of children attending daycare centres in Bangalore and their caretakers oral health knowledge, attitude and practicesS Vinay
Department of Public Health Dentistry, VS Dental College and Hospital, Bangalore, India
Indian J Dent Res 22:561-6. 2011Caretakers in day-care centers play a significant role in imparting good oral hygiene practices and also extend a working relationship with parents with regard to their children's oral health...
- Development of oral hygiene self-efficacy and outcome expectancy questionnairesJ E Stewart
VA Outpatient Clinic, Los Angeles, California 90012-3328, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 25:337-42. 1997In order to measure social cognitive constructs in the oral hygiene domain, questionnaires containing self-efficacy and outcome expectation items were developed...
- Periodontal disease and oral hygiene habits in a type 2 diabetic populationL Commisso
Int J Dent Hyg 9:68-73. 2011..The aim of the present study is to observe the oral health condition in a diabetic type 2 population in connection with glycaemic control and lifestyle...
- Promoting oral hygiene behavior in recruits in the Dutch ArmyYvonne A B Buunk-Werkhoven
Research Group in Health Care and Nursing, Hanze University Applied Sciences, Groningen Eyssoniusplein 18, Postbus 3109, 9701 DC, Groningen, The Netherlands
Mil Med 174:971-6. 2009To make practical recommendations for improving oral hygiene behavior (OHB) potential predictors based on the Theory of Planned Behavior (TPB) were assessed...
- Comparing diet, oral hygiene and caries status of adult methamphetamine users and nonusers: a pilot studyKimberly A Morio
Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, University of Iowa College of Dentistry, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 139:171-6. 2008..The authors compared retrospective dietary patterns, oral hygiene behaviors and current oral health status of methamphetamine users and nonusers in a pilot study.
- [Oral health and pregnancy: promotion of oral health during the pre-natal training in the Latina province]F Capasso
Specialista in Ortognatodonzia, Facoltà di Medicina e Odontoiatria, Sapienza Universita di Roma
Ann Ig 23:137-45. 2011..dental prevention need specialist in the area and provide adequate information on the importance of good oral hygiene in order to achieve a better health level both of the mother and the child...
- [Oral hygiene. KIGGS data on caries preventative behaviour]H Knopf
Robert Koch Institut, Berlin, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 51:1314-20. 2008The present analysis deals with the identification of populations at risk with regard to oral hygiene and the prevention of caries in children and adolescents in Germany...
- Dental visits, oral hygiene behaviour, and orthodontic treatment in SwitzerlandPascale Stadelmann
Clinic for Periodontology, Endodontology and Cariology, University Clinics for Dentistry, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed 122:104-26. 2012..In the present study, dental visits (dental care utilisation within the last 12 months), oral hygiene measures and the frequency of orthodontic treatments in the Swiss population in 2002 were examined and dental ..
- Long-term effect of an oral healthcare programme on oral hygiene in a nursing homeHeidi Samson
Department of Clinical Dentistry Gerodontology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Eur J Oral Sci 117:575-9. 2009..article reports on the long-term effect of an oral healthcare programme aimed at improving and maintaining the oral hygiene of elderly residents in a nursing home...
- Long-term physical inactivity and oral health in Finnish adults with intellectual disabilitySara Karjalainen
Institute of Dentistry and Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Turku, Finland
Acta Odontol Scand 60:50-5. 2002..002). Poor physical activity was related to better dental health, higher need for periodontal therapy, and fewer dental visits than in patients with good motor activity...
- Association of self-perceived periodontal status with oral hygiene, probing depth and alveolar bone level among young adultsLiran Levin
Department of Periodontology, Rambam Health Care Campus, Faculty of Medicine, Technion, IIT, Haifa, Israel
N Y State Dent J 77:29-32. 2011..Participants completed a questionnaire regarding systemic health, education, smoking status, oral hygiene habits and self-perception of their own periodontal status using a visual analog scale (VAS); they were ..
- Plaque and gingivitis in the elderly: a randomized, single-blind clinical trial on the outcome of intensified mechanical or antibacterial oral hygiene measuresUlrich Schiffner
Department of Operative and Preventive Dentistry, Center of Dental and Oral Medicine, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, Hamburg, Germany
J Clin Periodontol 34:1068-73. 2007To study the outcome of intensified mechanical oral hygiene compared with the effect of an adjunctive antibacterial mouth rinse on plaque and gingivitis in elderly people.
- Dental health status and caries pattern of preschool children in Al-Kharj, Saudi ArabiaTahir R Paul
Department of Dental, Armed Forces Hospital, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 24:1347-51. 2003..The objective of this study was to assess dental caries and its relation to plaque, tooth brushing habit and past dental attendance, and to determine the caries pattern in primary dentition of preschool children...
- Oral health, sociodemographic factors, dietary and oral hygiene practices in Jordanian childrenA Sayegh
University of Jordan, Jordan
J Dent 33:379-88. 2005To investigate the association between oral health, in terms of dental caries and gingivitis, and sociodemographic factors, dental plaque, oral hygiene behaviours, infant feeding and dietary practices in 4-5-year-old Jordanian children.
- Cognitive impairment is associated with poor oral health in individuals in long-term careBirgitte M Henriksen
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Oslo, Norway
Oral Health Prev Dent 3:203-7. 2005The aim of this work was to study oral hygiene and cognition in patients in long-term care.
- Oral Care and Respiratory Pathogen ColonizationOzan Akca; Fiscal Year: 2004..Reducing respiratory pathogen colonization in the mouth could significantly reduce the morbidity and cost of VAP. ..
- METABOLIC SYNDROME AND PERIODONTITIS IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMENMichael J LaMonte; Fiscal Year: 2013..energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA) for bone density and body composition;questionnaires on lifestyle habits, oral hygiene and medical history;resting blood pressure;and a fasting blood sample meticulously collected, processed and ..
- Development and Validation of an Instrument to Assess Cognitive Function RegulatiXi Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..g, making treatment decisions, performing oral hygiene care, and following homecare instructions), remarkably increasing risk of dental caries, periodontal disease ..
- Multivariate CART for survival with dental applicationsMartha E Nunn; Fiscal Year: 2013..tooth loss, complete restorative and periodontal records with follow-up, significant medical history, smoking, oral hygiene, special needs, compliance, frequency of dental visits and other parameters that are collected as part of ..
- Metagenomic profiling of oral polymicrobial flora in head and neck cancersCharis Eng; Fiscal Year: 2011..Importantly, even for advanced HNSCC or that which has spread, our findings will help point to antibiotics and agents that can turn back on the cancer-suppressing genes to revolutionize treatment. ..
- Reducing Care-Resistant Behaviors During Oral Hygiene in Persons with DementiaRita A Jablonski; Fiscal Year: 2013..The oral health of these elders deteriorates in the absence of daily oral hygiene, predisposing them to harmful systemic problems such as pneumonia, hyperglycemia, cardiac disease, and cerebral ..
- Optimal Prevention and Control of Periodontal Disease: The Periodontal Pocket IrrThomas E Van Dyke; Fiscal Year: 2011..Most patients are unable to maintain adequate oral hygiene to prevent recurrence of their disease leading to additional health care expense...
- Academic-Community Partnerships to Brdge Across the U.S. Pacific IslandsAlice Tse; Fiscal Year: 2012..The project work will be accomplished through training programs &meetings to be conducted in the USAPI jurisdictions, and culminate in a CBPR grant proposal for the USAPI. ..
- Factors Associated with Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia Guideline AdherenceHiroko Kiyoshi-Teo; Fiscal Year: 2011..This cross-sectional survey will address six common VAP strategies: hand hygiene, oral hygiene, semi-recumbent patient positioning, subglottic suctioning, early weaning from mechanical ventilation, and ..
- Dental Caries: Whole Genome Association and Gene x Environment StudiesMary L Marazita; Fiscal Year: 2010..Multiple factors contribute to a person's risk for caries, including environmental factors such as diet, oral hygiene, fluoride exposure and the level of colonization of cariogenic bacteria and host factors such as salivary flow...
- Addressing Oral Health Disparities in Individuals with Mental Health ProblemsLisa J Heaton; Fiscal Year: 2013..Indirectly, mood and anxiety disorders can interfere with motivation for adequate oral hygiene and willingness to seek preventive dental treatment...
- Daily Mouth Care to Prevent Pneumonia in Nursing Homes: A Systems-Level ApproachSheryl Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Poor oral hygiene is therefore a critical risk factor for pneumonia because it increases the volume and infectious nature of ..
- Antimicrobial and Regenerative Treatment for Oral MucositisSHENDA BAKER; Fiscal Year: 2012..to the severity of mucositis, a wide variety of treatment options have been tested including simple oral hygiene, infection prevention, anti- inflammatory agents, reactive oxygen species, salivary function modifiers, coating ..
- A qualitative description of a pilot project to improve access to care in one DenSARAH ELAINE RASKIN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Page 1 of 1 Qualitative description of a dental health pilot project ..
- Leveraging Opportunities to Improve Oral Health in Older AdultsMARY EVELYN NORTHRIDGE; Fiscal Year: 2011..B) Examine the effects of alternative interventions involving, e.g., treatment and oral hygiene activity, on the prevalence and burden of tooth loss and other oral diseases using simulations from our SD ..
- Development of targeted photodynamic therapy for treatment of dental cariesRandal Eckert; Fiscal Year: 2010..It will encourage and support innovative research from a small business on the etiology, pathogenesis, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of oral, craniofacial, and dental diseases and disorders. ..
- Oral Health Intervention for Intellectually/Developmentally Disabled PersonsKNOWLTON WILLIAM JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..These individuals are more likely to have poor oral hygiene, increased decay, and periodontal disease than the general population-a significant health disparity...
- Inhibition of oral bacterial biofilm formation using natural products-inspired orNATHANIEL CHARLES CADY; Fiscal Year: 2012..shown to contain hundreds of species of bacteria and are resistant to removal and eradication by traditional oral hygiene practices, such as frequent tooth brushing or oral rinsing with mouthwash...
- Head and Neck Cancer Risk Prediction ModelYuan Chin Amy Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..1) to conduct a comprehensive analysis of risk factors by pooling additional data on occupational exposures and oral hygiene, and to estimate their corresponding attributable risks by geographic region in the INHANCE Consortium;2) to ..
- Longitudinal Study of Dental Caries in VLBW InfantsSuchitra S Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2013..mutans levels) and infant oral health behavior (feeding, diet, oral hygiene practices, and dental access), and independent variables (demographics, parent predisposing, enabling, need ..
- A novel strategy in antimicrobial drug discovery against Porphyromonas gingivalisVICTORIA NANETTE STONE; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition to this, poor oral hygiene has been associated with systemic diseases such as infective endocarditis, a potentially lethal infection of ..
- Dentin Fluoride as a Biomarker for Childhood Fluoride IntakeJAMES STERN WEFEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Increased access to dental care, improved oral hygiene, fluoride incorporation into professional dental products and fluoridated toothpaste have also aided in this ..
- Validation of New Diagnostic Technologies for Dental CariesJAMES STERN WEFEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..use of fluoride in public health programs, such as communal water fluoridation, dental practice and in oral hygiene products...
- Oral Home Telecare for TetraplegicsHon K Yuen; Fiscal Year: 2010..tetraplegia tend to have more plaque and gingival inflammation due to lack of manual dexterity in performing oral hygiene. The combination of poor oral hygiene performance and dry mouth from xerostomia-causing medications (commonly ..
- Oral Health Disparities Among Elders With and Without Cognitive ImpairmentBei Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..including both study participants and their caregiver/informant, to obtain information about oral health and oral hygiene, and sociodemographic, behavioral, functional, general health status, and affective factors that could ..
- Promoting Oral Health Among Tobacco Users: A Pilot Feasibility StudyJENNIFER B MC CLURE; Fiscal Year: 2010..treatment from the perspective's of smokers and state quitline providers;assess the need for improved oral hygiene/ oral self-care and oral health education among smokers;assess smokers'receptivity to receiving an oral ..
- A Randomized Controlled Trial to Reduce Pneumonia in Nursing Home ResidentsVINCENT JAMES QUAGLIARELLO; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., impaired oral hygiene, swallowing difficulty), and the relationship of risk factor reduction to the effectiveness of the intervention ..
- Ultrasound-Assisted Gene Transfer of Anti-Biofilm Peptides to the Salivary GlandMichael J Passineau; Fiscal Year: 2012..microbial pathogens in the periodontium, particularly in vulnerable patients physically incapable of routine oral hygiene. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: In this application, we propose to use a non-viral gene therapy approach to address ..
- Systemic Endothelial Consequences of Periodontal DiseaseSalomon Amar; Fiscal Year: 2010..periodontal health (scaling and root planning and periodontal surgery with re-treatment as needed) or routine oral hygiene and will be followed for 24 weeks...
- Oral H. pylori Prevalence in Intellectually/Developmentally Disabled AdultsCatherine Binkley; Fiscal Year: 2009..pylori in the mouth. The oral status of ID/DD adults is reported to be poor due to inadequate oral hygiene, leading to increased plaque, caries and periodontal disease...
- Oral Health Planning GrantJENNIFER B MC CLURE; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., routine oral hygiene and dental care)...
- Training Oral Hygiene Habits with a GameDOV JACOBSON; Fiscal Year: 2011..Habits of nutrition and especially of oral hygiene are critical to maintenance of oral health throughout life...
- Examination of Oral Health Literacy in Public Health PracticeJessica Y Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..and Children's Program in understanding preventive dental health information such as consent forms, oral hygiene instructions and compliance to fluoride instructions among a low income/low dental health literacy population 3)..
- Device for Tooth Cleaning in Special Needs and Older PopulationsRajesh V Lalla; Fiscal Year: 2010Good oral hygiene practices, such as brushing teeth regularly, are critical to maintaining dental and periodontal health...
- Contra Caries: Preventing ECC Using a Promotora Model for Rural Latino FamiliesJudith C Barker; Fiscal Year: 2010..improving parental understanding of its causes, mechanisms, and preventive activities - particularly improved oral hygiene (tooth brushing)...
- Parent-Focused Intervention to Improve Oral Health in Young ChildrenMATTHEW LOUIS SPELTZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..This increase is due, in large part, to poor oral hygiene and associated behaviors...
- Adapting a web-based eating disorder program for oral health trainingHerbert H Severson; Fiscal Year: 2010..This training program will, increase the capacity for the delivery of eating disorder-specific secondary prevention among oral health providers, and ultimately increase the rates of treatment for people with eating disorders. ..
- Parental preventive behaviors and oral health in Latino childrenKristin S Hoeft; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, the SCT constructs have not fully been explored for oral hygiene behaviors...
- INTERACTIVE DENTAL EDUCATION IN TOBACCO CESSATIONHerbert Severson; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract_text> ..
- Master in Clinical ResearchRosanne Harrigan; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Investigating Mechanisms of Fluoride Sensing and Toxicity Mitigation in BacteriaRonald R Breaker; Fiscal Year: 2013..This knowledge will help assess the long-standing hypothesis that the antibacterial activity of fluoride contributes to the prevention of dental caries. ..
- CLONING AND PURIFICATION OF A VEILLONELLA ADHESINChristopher Hughes; Fiscal Year: 1993..purified adhesin which blocks multiple oral bacterial interactions will serve as a prototype for a new class of oral hygiene agents which function in inhibiting or modulating cell-cell surface interactions in dental plaque...
- Brief Dental Office Intervention with Tobacco QuitlineJon Ebbert; Fiscal Year: 2005..S. adult population smoking; and 3) 75% of smokers quitting for at least one day or longer because they are trying to quit. ..
- Lysine decarboxylase in periodontitis patientsMartin Levine; Fiscal Year: 2004..its Dentally attached (DAT) cells, keratinocytes that are activated by persistent trauma from mastication and oral hygiene. These rapidly dividing cells form the internal basement lamina of junctional epithelium (JE) and maintain the ..
- Statistical Methods for Complex Dependent Dental DataDavid Todem; Fiscal Year: 2006..proposal is for a very extensive study that comprises both cross-sectional and longitudinal investigations of oral hygiene among Flemish schoolchildren...
- Intra-Oral Biofilm FormationSigmund Socransky; Fiscal Year: 2004..Subjects will refrain from oral hygiene for 7 days during which time Supra and subgingival plaque samples will be taken from randomly selected ..
- Oral Health Problems of BPD and VLBW adolescentsSuchitra Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2005..study will collect data on outcome (dental caries), mediating (enamel defects, oral health behavior of child, oral hygiene status) and independent (oral health knowledge, parent's dental behavior) variables...
- Oral & Respiratory Status of Retarded/Disabled PersonsCatherine Binkley; Fiscal Year: 2005..a major cause of respiratory infections and oral colonization by pathogenic bacteria resulting from inadequate oral hygiene has been shown to be routine in other high-risk populations...
- Efficacy of DNA versus Protein VaccineMYLIEN DAO; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Interleukin-1 and Periodontitis in Down's SyndromeAhmed Khocht; Fiscal Year: 2005..2) plaque index to determine level of oral hygiene. (3) gingival index and bleeding on probing to determine gingival inflammation...
- NEW SALICYLANILIDES FOR CONTROL OF ORAL DISEASEROBERT COBURN; Fiscal Year: 1999..Hence, there is need for chemotherapeutic agents as adjuncts to personal oral hygiene to reduce plaque and gingivitis...
- NON TOXIC ANTIMICROBIAL RINSE FOR ORAL BACTERIAKenneth Norbury; Fiscal Year: 2000..Antimicrobial mouth rinses are valuable supplements to oral hygiene and used as preventives before and after surgery...
- Dental Plaque Accumulation as a Risk Factor for CHDMichael Kowolik; Fiscal Year: 2005..meticulous plaque control; 2) the 21-day Experimental phase, during which individuals will abstain from all oral hygiene measures; and 3) the 21-day Recovery phase, during which oral hygiene measures will be re-instated...
- Development of QLF Handpiece for Early Caries DetectionGeorge Stookey; Fiscal Year: 2006..use of fluoride in public health programs, such as communal water fluoridation, dental practice and in oral hygiene products. In spite of this, dental caries continues to be the most prevalent dental disease...
- DEVELOPMENT OF AN INTAORAL FLUORIDE-RELEASING SYSTEMTibor Sipos; Fiscal Year: 1992..trials with selected high-caries-risk xerostomia patients and persons having difficulties carrying out oral hygiene procedures will be initiated...
- Genetics Education in DentistryLynn Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ease-of adaptability of the instructional materials will facilitate the rapid transfer of new information from the research laboratory to the student or practitioner for application to patients. ..
- CLINICAL CANCER--DENTALArthur Miller; Fiscal Year: 1980..The overall administration of the Clinical Cancer Education program will be through the Department of Pathology in cooperation with the Cancer Education Committee and the Departments of Oral Surgery and Oral Diagnosis...
- NAVIGATIONAL DECISION-MAKING IN DENTAL MANAGEMENT CASESJo Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2000..S. and continuing education is required In 43 states. A secondary audience includes dental hygienists, dental hygiene students, physicians, and medical students. ..
- MENTORING PATIENT-ORIENTED RESEARCH ON ORAL CANDIDIASISLaurie MacPhail; Fiscal Year: 2003..single-blind randomized clinical trial, whether the PRO-SELF: CANDIDIASIS (P-S:C) program of dietary and oral hygiene instruction is effective in increasing inter-episode time for recurrences of oral candidiasis in susceptible ..
- CORRELATES OF PERIODONTAL DISEASE PREVENTIVE BEHAVIORSDavid Ronis; Fiscal Year: 1990..Data will be collected by (a) face to face interview, (b) observations of demonstrated oral hygiene behaviors, and (c) dental examinations. Dental hygienists will conduct the observations and examinations...
- Muscosal Immunity in Heavily S. Mutans Exposed ChildrenDaniel Smith; Fiscal Year: 2005..Although use of fluoride has beneficial effect, poor oral hygiene and high sucrose consumption continue to promote early S. mutans infection and disease...
- A Study of Oral Health Disparities in Adult Asian & Pac*David Easa; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Bisphosphonates and Oral Complications of Cancer Chemotherapy: A Pilot StudyRegina Landesberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will examine a number of risk factors including oral hygiene, the presence of dental disease, early radiographic findings, bone turnover, coagulopathies, depression of ..