Genomes and Genes
Summary: A method of hemostasis utilizing various agents such as Gelfoam, silastic, metal, glass, or plastic pellets, autologous clot, fat, and muscle as emboli. It has been used in the treatment of spinal cord and INTRACRANIAL ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATIONS, renal arteriovenous fistulas, gastrointestinal bleeding, epistaxis, hypersplenism, certain highly vascular tumors, traumatic rupture of blood vessels, and control of operative hemorrhage.
Publications249 found, 100 shown here
- Radioembolization with yttrium-90 microspheres: a state-of-the-art brachytherapy treatment for primary and secondary liver malignancies: part 3: comprehensive literature review and future directionRiad Salem
Department of Radiology, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, 676 North St Clair, Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:1571-93. 2006..A comprehensive review of the entire available literature dating from the early 1960s is presented, as is a discussion of the possibilities for future research with use of radioembolization as a platform...
- Long-term angiographic recurrences after selective endovascular treatment of aneurysms with detachable coilsJean Raymond
Department of Radiology, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Notre Dame Hospital, 1560 Sherbrooke East, Room M 8203 1, Montreal, Quebec, H2L 4M1, Canada
Stroke 34:1398-403. 2003..Our aim in this study was to assess the incidence and determining factors of angiographic recurrences after endovascular treatment of aneurysms...
- Management and outcome of hemorrhage due to arterial pseudoaneurysms in pancreatitisHendrik Bergert
Department of Visceral, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery, Technical University of Dresden, Germany
Surgery 137:323-8. 2005..The optimal treatment modality is controversial. Operative treatment and interventional treatment, either alone or as a temporizing method with a later operation, are options...
- Massive hemoptysis due to Rasmussen aneurysm: detection with helicoidal CT angiography and successful steel coil embolizationClément Picard
Service de Réanimation Respiratoire et de Pneumologie, Hopital Tenon, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 29:1837-9. 2003..To present the successful management of two cases of massive hemoptysis related to pulmonary aneurysms in patients with active tuberculosis...
- Nonoperative management of blunt splenic injury: a 5-year experienceJames M Haan
R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Trauma 58:492-8. 2005..The purpose of this study was to examine the success rate of nonoperative management of blunt splenic injury in an institution using splenic embolization...
- Clinical effects of transcatheter hepatic arterial embolization with holmium-166 poly(L-lactic acid) microspheres in healthy pigsM A D Vente
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Medical Center Utrecht, P O Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 35:1259-71. 2008..The aim of this study is to evaluate the toxicity of holmium-166 poly(L-lactic acid) microspheres administered into the hepatic artery in pigs...
- Gastroduodenal injury after radioembolization of hepatic tumorsCristina Carretero
Department of Gastroenterology, Liver Unit, University Clinic of Navarra, Navarra, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1216-20. 2007..Radioembolization is a new tool for the treatment of hepatic tumors that consists in the injection of biocompatible microspheres carrying radioisotopes into the hepatic artery or its branches...
- Portal vein embolization before major hepatectomy and its effects on regeneration, resectability and outcomeD Ribero
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Br J Surg 94:1386-94. 2007..This study evaluated the safety of portal vein embolization (PVE), its impact on future liver remnant (FLR) volume and regeneration, and subsequent effects on outcome after liver resection...
- Brain AVM embolization with OnyxW J van Rooij
Department of Radiology, St Elisabeth Ziekenhuis, Tilburg, The Netherlands
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 28:172-7; discussion 178. 2007..To report the initial experience by using a new liquid embolic agent (Onyx) for embolization of brain arteriovenous malformations (AVMs)...
- The use of cyanoacrylate adhesives in peripheral embolizationJ S Pollak
Section of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, PO Box 208042, New Haven, CT 06520 8042, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:907-13. 2001....
- Surgical and endovascular flow disconnection of intracranial pial single-channel arteriovenous fistulaeB L Hoh
Neurosurgical Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Neurosurgery 49:1351-63; discussion 1363-4. 2001..An experienced combined neurosurgical and neuroendovascular team can carefully determine the most appropriate treatment modality on the basis of patient-specific and angiospecific factors...
- Neuropsychological sequelae of patients treated with microsurgical clipping or endovascular embolization for anterior communicating artery aneurysmAgnes Chan
Department of Psychology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, PRC
Eur Neurol 47:37-44. 2002..Thus, the present study is designed to examine the cognitive deficits of patients treated with either surgical clipping or coil embolization...
- Gastrointestinal complications associated with hepatic arterial Yttrium-90 microsphere therapyRavi Murthy
Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:553-61; quiz 562. 2007..Our aim is to increase the understanding of the role of various imaging and preventative techniques in minimizing this undesired effect...
- Retreatment of ruptured cerebral aneurysms in patients randomized by coiling or clipping in the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT)Adriana Campi
Neurovascular Research Unit, Radcliffe Infirmary, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Stroke 38:1538-44. 2007....
- Distal superior cerebellar artery aneurysm presenting with cerebellar infarction: report of two casesM Danet
Department of Radiology, , , Quebec, Canada
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 22:717-20. 2001..We describe the clinical and radiologic presentation of these aneurysms and discuss their pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment...
- The endovascular management of superior cerebellar artery aneurysmsCharles Haw
Division of Neuroradiology, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 31:53-7. 2004..Superior cerebellar artery aneurysms are rare. We present a clinical series of twelve of these aneurysms that were treated exclusively with endovascular coils...
- Uterine-artery embolization versus surgery for symptomatic uterine fibroidsRichard D Edwards
N Engl J Med 356:360-70. 2007..The efficacy and safety of uterine-artery embolization, as compared with standard surgical methods, for the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids remain uncertain...
- Preoperative portal vein embolization for extended hepatectomyAlan W Hemming
Department of Surgery, Center for Hepatobiliary Disease, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Ann Surg 237:686-91; discussion 691-3. 2003..To examine the authors' experience with preoperative ipsilateral portal vein embolization (PVE) and assess its role in extended hepatectomy...
- Bronchial artery embolization : experience with 54 patientsKaren L Swanson
Department of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Internal Medicine, Mayo Medical School and Mayo Medical Center, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Chest 121:789-95. 2002..To report our experience with bronchial arteriography and bronchial artery embolization (BAE)...
- Liver disease induced by radioembolization of liver tumors: description and possible risk factorsBruno Sangro
Liver Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University Clinic and CIBERHD, Pamplona, Spain
Cancer 112:1538-46. 2008..To the authors' knowledge, liver damage after liver radioembolization with yttrium90-labeled microspheres has never been studied specifically...
- Rupture of intracranial aneurysms during treatment with Guglielmi detachable coils: incidence, outcome, and risk factorsM Sluzewski
Department of Radiology, St Elisabeth Hospital, Tilburg, The Netherlands
J Neurosurg 94:238-40. 2001..The aim of this study was to assess the incidence and outcome of procedure-related rupture of intracranial aneurysms in patients treated with Guglielmi detachable coils (GDCs) and to identify risk factors for this complication...
- Visceral artery pseudoaneurysms following pancreatoduodenectomyEseroghene Otah
Department of Surgery, Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
Arch Surg 137:55-9. 2002..These patients all had "herald" bleeding from their abdominal drains. Subsequent angiography and therapeutic embolizations were successfully performed...
- Bronchial and nonbronchial systemic artery embolization for life-threatening hemoptysis: a comprehensive reviewWoong Yoon
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Chonnam National University Hospital, Chonnam National University Medical School, 8 Hak 1 Dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju 501 757, South Korea
Radiographics 22:1395-409. 2002..In addition, interventional radiologists should be familiar with the techniques, results, and possible complications of BAE and with the characteristics of the various embolic agents used in the procedure...
- Recommendations for radioembolization of hepatic malignancies using yttrium-90 microsphere brachytherapy: a consensus panel report from the radioembolization brachytherapy oncology consortiumAndrew Kennedy
Wake Radiology Oncology, Cary, NC, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:13-23. 2007..To standardize the indications, techniques, multimodality treatment approaches, and dosimetry to be used for yttrium-90 (Y90) microsphere hepatic brachytherapy...
- Pregnancy after uterine artery embolization for leiomyomata: the Ontario multicenter trialGaylene Pron
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 105:67-76. 2005..To report on pregnancies and deliveries occurring in a large cohort of women who underwent uterine artery embolization instead of surgery for symptomatic leiomyomata...
- Direct carotid puncture for the endovascular treatment of anterior circulation aneurysmsK Nii
Department of Neurosurgery, Fukuoka University Chikushi Hospital, 377 1 Ohara Zokumyoin, Chikushino City, Fukuoka 818 8592, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1502-4. 2006..Neurologic deficits and hemorrhage were not found in any patient during the follow-up period. If the transfemoral approach cannot be applied, GDC embolization should be considered as an alternative method...
- Delayed hemorrhage after pancreaticoduodenectomySeong Ho Choi
Department of Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea South Korea
J Am Coll Surg 199:186-91. 2004..Postoperative hemorrhage, particularly delayed hemorrhage after pancreaticoduodenectomy, is a serious complication and one of the most common causes of mortality after pancreaticoduodenectomy...
- Uterine fibroid embolization versus myomectomy in women wishing to preserve fertility: preliminary results of a randomized controlled trialMichal Mara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Minimally Invasive Surgery, General Faculty Hospital and 1st Medical Faculty of Charles University, Apolinarska 18, 128 00, Prague 2, Czech Republic
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 126:226-33. 2006..To compare the clinical results of surgical and endovascular treatment of uterine myomas in young women...
- An integrated approach to diagnosis and management of severe haemoptysis in patients admitted to the intensive care unit: a case series from a referral centreMuriel Fartoukh
Service de Pneumologie et Unité de Réanimation Respiratoire, Hopital Tenon, Assistance publique Hôpitaux de Paris and université Pierre et Marie Curie, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Respir Res 8:11. 2007..We reviewed a large series of patients managed in a uniform way to describe the clinical spectrum and outcome of haemoptysis in this setting, and better define the indications for bronchial artery embolisation (BAE)...
- Systematic appraisal of the management of the major vascular complications of pancreatitisSrinivasan Balachandra
Hepatobiliary Unit, Department of Surgery, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9RN, United Kingdom
Am J Surg 190:489-95. 2005..This study is a systematic appraisal of the management of major vascular complications of pancreatitis conducted by collating individual patient-episode data from published literature...
- Management of interstitial pregnancy using selective uterine artery embolizationPhilippe Deruelle
Service de Gynecologie, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, Universitaire de Lille, France
Obstet Gynecol 106:1165-7. 2005..Management options are not standardized. Currently, conservative nonsurgical treatment seems to be an alternative method in case of interstitial pregnancy...
- Evaluation of aneurysm stability after endovascular embolization with Guglielmi detachable coils: correlation between long-term stability and volume embolization ratioKenji Yagi
Department of Neurological Surgery, School of Medicine, The University of Tokushima, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 45:561-5; discussion 565-6. 2005..01). VER strongly affects aneurysm stability, so high VER is desirable and a useful predictor of aneurysm stability...
- Surgical treatment of liver metastases of colorectal cancer: Strategies and controversies in 2006C Y Hao
Peking Unversity School of Oncology, Beijing Cancer Hospital, People s Republic of China
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:473-83. 2006..To review the latest strategies and controversies in the surgical treatment of liver metastases of colorectal cancer systemically and comprehensively...
- Endovascular treatment of isolated dissecting aneurysm of the posterior inferior cerebellar arteryS Maimon
Department of Radiology, Interventional Neuroradiology Unit, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petach Tikva, Israel
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:527-32. 2006..The purpose of this article is to show that endovascular treatment of dissecting aneurysms of the PICA can be effective and can allow the patient to avoid the complications associated with surgery...
- Animal models for therapeutic embolizationPatricia L Moreira
Orthopaedic Research Laboratories, Medical University of South Carolina, 96 Jonathan Lucas Street, CSB708, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 26:100-10. 2003..This article concisely reviews the available animal models and their evaluation for embolization research to help researchers to choose the appropriate model...
- Obstetric iatrogenic arterial injuries of the uterus: diagnosis with US and treatment with transcatheter arterial embolizationJung Hyeok Kwon
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Dongkang General Hospital, 123 3 Taehwa dong, Ulsan 681 320, Korea
Radiographics 22:35-46. 2002..Routine use of color and duplex Doppler US during examination of abnormal uterine bleeding is recommended to identify and characterize the vascular abnormality...
- Arteriovenous malformations of the body and extremities: analysis of therapeutic outcomes and approaches according to a modified angiographic classificationSung Ki Cho
Department of Radiology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Endovasc Ther 13:527-38. 2006..To propose a modified angiographic classification for peripheral arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) and to determine its value for assessing therapeutic outcomes and approaches to ethanol embolization of AVMs in the body and extremities...
- Outcome of uterine embolization and hysterectomy for leiomyomas: results of a multicenter studyJames B Spies
Georgetown University Hospital, Washington DC, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:22-31. 2004..Changes in symptoms, complications, and quality of life were measured. The data analysis included linear and logistic regression, the Student t and paired t test, Fisher's exact test, and chi-squared test...
- Effects of utero-ovarian anastomoses on clinical outcomes and repeat intervention rates after uterine artery embolizationHyun S Kim
Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Blalock 545, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:783-9. 2006..To assess the prevalence of anastomoses between uterine and ovarian arteries on angiography and their association with clinical outcome after uterine artery embolization (UAE)...
- Therapeutic embolization of the genicular arteries for recurrent hemarthrosis after total knee arthroplastyM Katsimihas
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Avon Orthopaedic Centre, Southmead Hospital, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Arthroplasty 16:935-7. 2001..Angiography was used to aid in the diagnosis, and therapeutic selective embolization of the superior genicular arteries was performed with satisfactory clinical results...
- Uterine artery embolization versus hysterectomy in the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids (EMMY trial): peri- and postprocedural results from a randomized controlled trialWouter J K Hehenkamp
Department of Gynecology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:1618-29. 2005..This was a randomized controlled trial to evaluate the safety of uterine artery embolization (UAE) compared with hysterectomy...
- Hepatic arterial embolization and chemoembolization for the treatment of patients with metastatic neuroendocrine tumors: variables affecting response rates and survivalSanjay Gupta
Section og Interventional Radiology, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Cancer 104:1590-602. 2005....
- Splenic arteriogastric fistula from plication of a gastric ulcer. Therapeutic embolizationS S Morse
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
J Clin Gastroenterol 9:480-2. 1987..Arteriography revealed a splenic arteriogastric fistula. Therapeutic embolization with tissue adhesive (bucrylate) successfully controlled hemorrhage after failure of attempted ..
- Evolving experience with direct puncture therapeutic embolization for adjunctive and palliative management of head and neck hypervascular neoplasmsJ C Chaloupka
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City 52242 1077, USA
Laryngoscope 109:1864-72. 1999The use of percutaneous, direct puncture therapeutic embolization (DPTE) of hypervascular head and neck neoplasms is a relatively new modality that may be used to supplement or supplant conventional endovascular transarterial embolization...
- Fertility and pregnancy outcome following pelvic arterial embolization for severe post-partum haemorrhage. A cohort studyL J Salomon
Service de Gynécologie Obstétrique and Radiologie, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 157 rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92141 Clamart Cedex, France
Hum Reprod 18:849-52. 2003..Pelvic arterial embolization is a safe, effective life-saving procedure in post-partum haemorrhage, but little information is yet available about its impact on menstruation and fertility...
- Efficacy of embolization in traumatic uterine vascular malformationsSangeet Ghai
Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Toronto Western Hospital, University Health Network University of Toronto, 399 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario M5T 2S8, Canada
J Vasc Interv Radiol 14:1401-8. 2003..To evaluate the efficacy of embolotherapy in patients with bleeding traumatic uterine arteriovenous malformations (AVMs)...
- N-butyl cyanoacrylate glue embolization of splenic artery aneurysmsBrian S Kim
Department of Radiology, Room S 047, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305 5105, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:91-4. 2004..Post embolization splenic arteriography demonstrated complete embolization of both aneurysms, including the inflow and outflow vessels...
- Menses, fertility and pregnancy after arterial embolization for the control of postpartum haemorrhageG Descargues
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Rouen University Hospital Charles Nicolle, France
Hum Reprod 19:339-43. 2004..The long-term effects of uterine artery embolization for the control of postpartum haemorrhage on menses, fertility and future pregnancy evolution have not been assessed...
- Radiation-induced ulceration of the stomach secondary to hepatic embolization with radioactive yttrium microspheres in the treatment of metastatic colon cancerDesmond Yip
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:347-9. 2004
- Pelvic fracture pattern predicts pelvic arterial haemorrhageJ Hamill
Trauma Services, Auckland Hospital, New Zealand
Aust N Z J Surg 70:338-43. 2000..The association between pelvic fracture pattern and the need for pelvic arterial embolization remains controversial. To address this issue, a study of the experience at Auckland Hospital was undertaken...
- Balloon-assisted coil embolization of intracranial aneurysms: incidence, complications, and angiography resultsMenno Sluzewski
Department of Radiology, St Elisabeth Ziekenhuis, Tilburg, The Netherlands
J Neurosurg 105:396-9. 2006....
- Endovascular treatment of basilar artery trunk aneurysms with Guglielmi detachable coils: clinical experience with 41 aneurysms in 39 patientsK Uda
Division of Interventional Neuroradiology, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, 90024, USA
J Neurosurg 95:624-32. 2001..Endosaccular obliteration of these aneurysms also decreases the possibility of unwanted occlusion of perforating arteries to the brainstem...
- Evaluation of the stability of aneurysms after embolization using detachable coils: correlation between stability of aneurysms and embolized volume of aneurysmsShinichi Tamatani
Department of Neurosurgery, Brain Research Institute, Niigata University, Asahimachi, Niigata, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 23:762-7. 2002..The long-term outcome of aneurysmal coil embolization has not been determined. We retrospectively analyzed the results of our cases treated with detachable coils and evaluated the long-term stability of embolized aneurysms...
- Vein of Galen aneurysmal malformation: diagnosis and treatment of 13 children with extended clinical follow-upBlaise V Jones
Department of Radiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 23:1717-24. 2002..With this review, we hope to identify those factors that have the most significant prognostic value in determining long-term outcomes in children with VGAM...
- Evidence for a central role for selective mesenteric angiography in the management of the major vascular complications of pancreatitisGarth C Beattie
Department of Surgical and Clinical Sciences, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Am J Surg 185:96-102. 2003....
- Coiling of very large or giant cerebral aneurysms: long-term clinical and serial angiographic resultsMenno Sluzewski
Department of Neuroradiology and Neurosurgery, St Elisabeth Hospital, Hilvarenbeekseweg 60, 5022 GC Tilburg, The Netherlands
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:257-62. 2003..This study was performed to assess the clinical and angiographic outcome of patients with very large or giant cerebral aneurysms treated with detachable coils...
- Limited uterine artery embolization with tris-acryl gelatin microspheres for uterine fibroidsJean Pierre Pelage
Department of Body and Vascular Imaging, Hopital Lariboisiere, AP HP, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
J Vasc Interv Radiol 14:15-20. 2003....
- Angiographic classification of ovarian artery-to-uterine artery anastomoses: initial observations in uterine fibroid embolizationMahmood K Razavi
Department of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Stanford University Vascular Center, 300 Pasteur Dr, H 3651, CA 94305, USA
Radiology 224:707-12. 2002..To prospectively study and classify the anastomoses between the ovarian and uterine arteries in women undergoing uterine fibroid embolization, and to compare the presence of such with procedural failures and premature menopause...
- Treatment of intracerebral hematomas caused by aneurysm rupture: coil placement followed by clot evacuationDavid B Niemann
Department of Neurosurgery, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Neurosurg 99:843-7. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of a treatment combination of coil embolization and clot evacuation in patients presenting with an intracerebral hematoma (ICH) caused by the rupture of an aneurysm...
- Migration of steel-wire coils into the stomach after transcatheter arterial embolization for a bleeding splenic artery pseudoaneurysm: report of a caseT Takahashi
Department of Surgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1-15-1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228-8555, Japan
Surg Today 31:458-62. 2001..By occluding the PSA in this way, the subsequent migration of steel-wire coils into the pseudocyst and stomach might have been prevented in our patient...
- Radioembolization with 90yttrium microspheres: a state-of-the-art brachytherapy treatment for primary and secondary liver malignancies. Part 2: special topicsRiad Salem
Department of Radiology, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, 676 North St Clair, Suite 800, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:1425-39. 2006..This discussion is based on more than 900 (90)Y radioembolization procedures performed over a 5-year period...
- Radioembolization with selective internal radiation microspheres for neuroendocrine liver metastasesJulie King
Department of Surgery, University of New South Wales, St George Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Cancer 113:921-9. 2008..In this study, the authors prospectively assessed the safety and efficacy of treatment with yttrium 90 ((90)Y) radioactive microspheres for patients with unresectable NETLMs...
- Pseudoaneurysms of the superficial temporal artery: treatment optionsGlenn Isaacson
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Temple University School of Medicine and Temple University Children s Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Laryngoscope 114:1000-4. 2004..We describe their clinical presentation and differential diagnosis and compare several treatment options...
- Intratumoral injection of cyanoacrylate glue in head and neck paragangliomasDaniel Giansante Abud
Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, Foundation Rothschild, Paris, France
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 25:1457-62. 2004..We report our experience with the preoperative devascularization of head and neck paragangliomas by using direct puncture and an intralesional injection of cyanoacrylate...
- Utility of fiberoptic bronchoscopy before bronchial artery embolization for massive hemoptysisE I Hsiao
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 177:861-7. 2001....
- Could late rebleeding overturn the superiority of cranial aneurysm coil embolization over clip ligation seen in the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial?Patrick Mitchell
Department of Neurosurgery, Newcastle General Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Neurosurg 108:437-42. 2008..In the ISAT, coil embolization appears to be safer than clip ligation at 1 year, and clip occlusion has better long-term efficacy at preventing rebleeding. This leaves open the question of which is better in the longer term...
- Embolization for hemoptysis: a six -year reviewPeter Yu-Tang Goh
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433, Republic of Singapore
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 25:17-25. 2002..To review our method of embolization for hemoptysis...
- Posterior inferior cerebellar artery aneurysms: incidence, clinical presentation, and outcome of endovascular treatmentJ P Peluso
Department of Radiology, St Elisabeth Ziekenhuis, Tilburg, The Netherlands
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:86-90. 2008..The purpose of this study was to report incidence, clinical presentation, and outcome of endovascular treatment in 46 patients with 47 posterior inferior cerebellar artery (PICA) aneurysms...
- Selective uterine artery embolization in the management of uterine myomasErrico Zupi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tor Vergata University, Ospedale Sant Eugenio, Rome, Italy
Fertil Steril 79:107-11. 2003..To evaluate the effectiveness of uterine artery embolization in women with uterine myomas in terms of the clinical results for the relief of related symptoms...
- Multimodality treatment of giant intracranial arteriovenous malformationsSteven D Chang
Department of Neurosurgery and the Stanford Stroke Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Neurosurgery 53:1-11; discussion 11-3. 2003..In this study, we reviewed the treatment, angiographic results, and clinical outcomes in 53 patients with giant AVMs who were treated at Stanford between 1987 and 2001...
- Posttraumatic pseudoaneurysm in scalp treated by direct puncture embolization using N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate: a case reportHee Jin Yang
Department of Neurosurgery, Seoul National University Boramae Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 6:37-40. 2005..Direct puncture embolization was then performed, and the pseudoaneurysm was completely obliterated. Non-surgical treatment options for pseudoaneurysm are briefly discussed...
- Pregnancy after uterine artery embolization for leiomyomata: a series of 56 completed pregnanciesWoodruff J Walker
Department of Radiology, The Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, UK
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1266-71. 2006..This study was undertaken to evaluate the incidence and outcome of pregnancies after uterine artery embolization (UAE) for symptomatic uterine fibroids...
- Therapeutic transcatheter arterial embolization in the management of intractable haemorrhage from pelvic urological malignancies: preliminary experience and long-term follow-upG Nabi
Departments of Urology and Radiology, City Hospital Sunderland, Sunderland, UK
BJU Int 92:245-7. 2003..To evaluate the feasibility, efficacy and complications of internal iliac artery embolization as a palliative measure in the control of intractable haemorrhage from advanced pelvic urological malignancies...
- Hepatic artery pseudoaneurysms following liver transplantation: incidence, presenting features and managementM M Marshall
Department of Radiology, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Clin Radiol 56:579-87. 2001..We report a series of 13 patients, the largest published review including outcome. The presenting features, risk factors and role of radiology in the diagnosis and management of this frequently fatal complication are discussed...
- Portal vein embolisation prior to hepatic resection for colorectal liver metastases and the effects of periprocedure chemotherapyI K Beal
Department of Radiology, Royal Free Hospital NHS Trust and Royal Free, University College School of Medicine, London, UK
Br J Radiol 79:473-8. 2006..PVE increased the FLR by an average of 9% allowing resection in 50% of patients. Periprocedure chemotherapy did not prevent but did reduce hypertrophy. A trend towards tumour regression was observed...
- Late rebleeding of ruptured intracranial aneurysms treated with detachable coilsMenno Sluzewski
Department of Radiology, St Elisabeth Ziekenhuis, Tilburg, Netherlands
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:2542-9. 2005..The purpose of this study was to assess the incidence of late rebleeding of ruptured intracranial aneurysms treated with detachable coils...
- Evaluation of tris-acryl gelatin microsphere embolization with monochromatic X Rays: comparison with polyvinyl alcohol particlesAkira Yamamoto
Department of Radiology, Kawasaki Medical School, 577 Matsushima, Kurashiki, Okayama 701 0192, Japan, and JASRI, SPring 8, Japan
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:1797-802. 2006....
- Pulmonary arteriovenous malformation treated with embolotherapy: systemic collateral supply at multidetector CT angiography after 2-20-year follow-upPierre Yves Brillet
Department of Thoracic Imaging, Calmette Hospital, University Center of Lille, Boulevard Jules Leclerc, 59037, Lille Cedex, France
Radiology 242:267-76. 2007..To retrospectively evaluate frequency of systemic arterial collateral supply to treated pulmonary arteriovenous malformations (PAVMs) in long-term follow-up with multi-detector row helical computed tomography (CT)...
- Conservative treatment of renal angiomyolipomas in patients with tuberous sclerosisD A Hadley
Division of Urology, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Clin Nephrol 65:22-7. 2006..We reviewed the literature and our experience with AML and TS patients to determine the long-term behavior of these lesions...
- Cryptogenic hemoptysis: from a benign to a life-threatening pathologic vascular conditionLaurent Savale
Hopital Tenon, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 175:1181-5. 2007..Data on hemoptysis of unknown origin (i.e., "cryptogenic") are scarce and the outcome of patients affected is controversial...
- Metastatic gestational trophoblastic tumour presenting as spontaneous subcapsular renal haematomaR K P Vijay
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Radiology Department, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Glossop Road, Sheffield S102JF, UK
Br J Radiol 81:e234-7. 2008..It also demonstrates that the acute bleed from a renal metastasis can be effectively managed by embolisation...
- International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial analysisRoberto C Heros
J Neurosurg 108:433-5. 2008
- HydroCoil Endovascular Aneurysm Occlusion and Packing Study (HELPS trial): procedural safety and operator-assessed efficacy resultsP M White
Department of Neuroradiology, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:217-23. 2008..The HydroCoil Endovascular Aneurysm Occlusion and Packing Study (HELPS) addresses this deficiency for the HydroCoil embolic system. This article reports periprocedural safety/operator-assessed angiographic results from HELPS...
- Preoperative portal vein embolization for major liver resection: a meta-analysisAdel Abulkhir
HPB Surgery, Division of Surgery, Oncology, Reproductive Biology and Anaesthetics, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Du Cane Road, London, England
Ann Surg 247:49-57. 2008..Preoperative portal vein embolization (PVE) is used clinically to prevent postoperative liver insufficiency. The current study examined the impact of portal vein embolization on liver resection...
- Severe pulmonary oedema following therapeutic embolization with Onyx for cerebral arteriovenous malformationC Murugesan
Narayana Hrudayalaya Institute of Medical Sciences, Bommasandra Industrial Area, Anekal Taluk, Bangalore 560099, India
Neuroradiology 50:439-42. 2008..We report a case of ARDS following therapeutic embolization with ethylene vinyl alcohol copolymer for cerebral AVM under general anaesthesia...
- Expression of transforming growth factor-alpha and -beta in hepatic lobes after hemihepatic portal vein embolizationKoji Kusaka
Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery Division, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 51:1404-12. 2006....
- Hepatopulmonary syndrome: angiography and therapeutic embolizationJung Kyu Ryu
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Kyung Hee University Hospital, Hoeki Dong 1, Dongdaemun ku, Seoul 130 702, South Korea
Clin Imaging 27:97-100. 2003..To our knowledge, this therapeutic approach has been tried only for arteriovenous malformation type HPS, and not for diffuse dilatation [Chest 91 (1987) 920]...
- Endovascular surgery for very small ruptured intracranial aneurysms. Technical noteSachio Suzuki
Department of Neurosurgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
J Neurosurg 105:777-80. 2006..Appropriate selection of patients and coils, and use of sophisticated techniques allow a good outcome for patients with very small aneurysms...
- Clinical and anatomic outcomes after embolotherapy of pulmonary arteriovenous malformationsJeffrey S Pollak
Section of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, PO Box 208042, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8042, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:35-44; quiz 45. 2006..To assess long-term clinical and imaging results of technically successful pulmonary arteriovenous malformation (AVM) embolization...
- Uterine artery embolization versus myomectomy: a multicenter comparative studyScott C Goodwin
Department of Veterans Affairs, The University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Fertil Steril 85:14-21. 2006..To determine whether there is significant quality of life score improvement after uterine artery embolization (UAE) and to compare UAE and myomectomy outcomes...
- Splenic artery embolization: Have we gone too far?Hadley E Smith
Department of Surgery, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Trauma 61:541-4; discussion 545-6. 2006..We perceived a higher rate of failure than that reported in the literature. The purpose of this study was to review our experience with splenic EMBO to identify predictors of failure of nonoperative/EMBO management...
- Stent-assisted Gugliemi detachable coil repair of wide-necked renal artery aneurysm using 3-D angiographyTimothy W I Clark
Department of Radiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 41:528-32. 2007..To report a wide-necked renal artery aneurysm treated successfully with stent-assisted Gugliemi detachable coil occlusion, assisted by three-dimensional (3-D) angiography...
- Clinical variables associated with positive angiographic localization of lower gastrointestinal bleedingSaleh M Abbas
Department of Surgery, Auckland Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
ANZ J Surg 75:953-7. 2005..The purpose of the present paper was to audit the Auckland Hospital experience of selective angiography, in localizing lower GI bleeding...
- Transcatheter closure of a rare form of coronary arteriovenous fistula (circumflex artery to coronary sinus)Rana Olgunturk
Int J Cardiol 113:261-3. 2006
- Mechanisms of hepatic regeneration following portal vein embolization and partial hepatectomy: a reviewY Yokoyama
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, 466 8550, Japan
World J Surg 31:367-74. 2007....
- Pulmonary arterial coil embolization for the management of persistent type I hepatopulmonary syndrome after liver transplantationNael E A Saad
Department of Imaging Sciences, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 648, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:1576-80. 2007..The present article describes a case of type I HPS managed by liver transplantation and augmented by posttransplantation pulmonary arterial coil embolization to reduce the patient's posttransplantation morbidity...
- Management of interstitial pregnancy using selective uterine artery embolizationP Deruelle
Obstet Gynecol 107:427-8. 2006
- A prospective study on the safety and efficacy of angiographic embolization for pelvic and visceral injuriesGeorge C Velmahos
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma and Critical Care, University of Southern California, and the Los Angeles County and University of Southern California Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Trauma 53:303-8; discussion 308. 2002..Angiographic embolization (AE) is used with increasing frequency as an alternative to surgery for control of intraperitoneal and retroperitoneal bleeding. There are no prospective studies on its efficacy, safety, and indications...
- Pulmonary arteriovenous malformations treated with embolotherapy: helical CT evaluation of long-term effectiveness after 2-21-year follow-upMartine Remy-Jardin
Department of Thoracic Imaging, Hospital Calmette, University Center of Lille, Boulevard Jules Leclerc, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Radiology 239:576-85. 2006..To retrospectively evaluate the long-term results of transcatheter embolotherapy of pulmonary arteriovenous malformations (PAVMs) with helical computed tomography (CT)...
- Percutaneous transcatheter embolization of a large pulmonary arteriovenous fistula with an Amplatzer vascular plugCarlo Ferro
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, San Martino University Hospital, Largo Rosanna Benzi 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:328-31. 2007....
- Procedural morbidity and mortality of elective coil treatment of unruptured intracranial aneurysmsW J van Rooij
Department of Radiology, St Elisabeth Ziekenhuis, Tilburg, The Netherlands
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1678-80. 2006..To report morbidity, mortality, and angiographic results of elective coiling of unruptured intracranial aneurysms...
- Improved Animal Modeling of Saccular AneurysmsDavid F Kallmes; Fiscal Year: 2010..This program will enhance health by preventing the catastrophic events resulting from spontaneous rupture of intracranial aneurysms. ..
- Genetic and Tissue Engineering for AneurysmsDavid Kallmes; Fiscal Year: 2004..Successful implementation of this research program will advance the field of genetic and tissue engineering and will improve the care of patients harboring life-threatening cerebral aneurysms. ..
- SHAM-CONTROLLED TRIAL OF PERCUTANEOUS VERTEBROPLASTYDavid Kallmes; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Neurochemical Challenge in Human Stroke RecoveryRONALD LAZAR; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- ENHANCED EVALUATION OF FETAL CNS WITH ULTRAFAST MRIDeborah Levine; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus the results of this study could significantly decrease morbidity of fetuses with ventriculomegaly. ..
- High-Speed Optical Imaging for Medical Diagnosis and TherapyOLIVER KRIPFGANS; Fiscal Year: 2007..This camera is able to record images of these examinations and help us to better understand how to improve diagnosis and treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gut Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury: Modulation by NutrientsRosemary Kozar; Fiscal Year: 2006..The sponsors are an integral part of this arrangement and are especially suited to ensure success of the proposed project...
- Potential of Cord Blood Cells to Rescue Aging BrainAlison Willing; Fiscal Year: 2006..To address this question we will treat aged rats with HUCB cells and follow their performance on a test of working memory, the 12 arm radial arm water maze. ..
- Effect of vertebral endplate composition on disc healthFrank Acosta; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hepatoma derived growth factor and vascular smooth muscle cell proliferationAllen D Everett; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose here to determine the mechanism regulating the activity of this protein to provide the basis for the future design of new drugs to treat cardiovascular disease. ..
- Therapy for Liver Cancer by Targeting Energy MetabolismJean Francois Geschwind; Fiscal Year: 2007..This translational study combining the use of radiological and basic science research tools is both necessary and fundamental to firmly lay the groundwork for clinical trials. ..
- RADIATION ARTERIOPATHY IN A TRANSGENIC AV FISTULA MODELMichael Lawton; Fiscal Year: 2004..If NO and TGF-01 are involved in the radiation arteriopathy of AVMs, they might be used to enhance the efficacy of conventional stereotactic radiosurgery as part of a gene therapy for high-grade cerebral AVMs. ..
- Percutaneous MR Guided Creation of a Meso-Caval ShuntAravind Arepally; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Cord Blood is Neuroprotective in a Rat Model of StrokeAlison E Willing; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate goal of this research program is to develop an innovative HUCB cell based therapy into a viable clinical option for transplantation in neurodegenerative disease and brain injury. ..
- OPTIMIZING MANAGEMENT OF TRANSIENT ISCHEMIC ATTACKSS Johnston; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research will provide important results for clinicians and policy makers, and will foster the applicant's development as a health services researcher in cerebrovascular disease. ..
- Placed Beacons for Time Reversal Aberration CorrectionOLIVER KRIPFGANS; Fiscal Year: 2005..The pressure threshold for the onset of lesions will be determined after aberration correction. Upon positive outcome of the in vivo section we will design a clinical study for in human application of this methodology. ..
- MRI of Fetal Ventriculomegaly: Morphology and OutcomeDeborah Levine; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Midcareer Development in Nonpharmacologic AnalgesiaElvira Lang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The mentoring of beginning clinical researchers will have contributed towards fostering a self- sustaining mode of integrated practice in the future. ..
- Assessing Microstructure of Carotid Disease with MRI/MRSRonald Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2006..Plaque lipid profile and calcium content will be studied as a means to characterize the lesion and evaluate the association between plaque characteristics and patients' symptomatology. ..