Summary: Endoscopic examination, therapy or surgery of the fetus and amniotic cavity through abdominal or uterine entry.
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- Monochorionic diamniotic twins: complications and management optionsLiesbeth Lewi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Centre for Surgical Technologies, Faculty of Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 15:177-94. 2003..This is because of the unpredictable vascular anastomoses and the often asymmetrical distribution of the single placenta between both twins...
- Cervical length as a prognostic factor for preterm delivery in twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome treated by fetoscopic laser coagulation of chorionic plate anastomosesR Robyr
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Paris Ouest University Versailles St Quentin, Paris, France
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:37-41. 2005....
- Twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome: management options and outcomesMasami Yamamoto
Unidad de ecografia, Clinica Alemana, Hospital Padre Hurtado, Universidad del Desarrollo, Santiago, Chile
Clin Obstet Gynecol 48:973-80. 2005
- Transient chorioamniotic membrane separation after fetoscope guide laser therapy for twin-twin transfusion syndrome: a case reportYao Lung Chang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine Taoyuan, Taoyuan, Taiwan, ROC
Fetal Diagn Ther 22:180-2. 2007..There was no more CMS noted till delivery at gestational age of 34 weeks 6 days. CMS after fetoscope surgery may reseal spontaneously...
- Fetal surgery for anesthesiologistsJan A Deprest
Division Woman and Child, Fetal Medicine Unit, University Hospitals Leuven, Belgium
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 21:298-307. 2008..We aimed to review the current clinical status and advances in endoscopic and open surgical interventions on the fetus in terms of indications, technical aspects and reported outcomes...
- Improved recipient survival with maternal nifedipine in twin-twin transfusion syndrome complicated by TTTS cardiomyopathy undergoing selective fetoscopic laser photocoagulationTimothy M Crombleholme
The Fetal Care Center of Cincinnati, Division of Pediatric General, Thoracic, and Fetal Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:397.e1-9. 2010..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of maternal nifedipine on fetal survival when started 24-48 hours before selective fetoscopic laser photocoagulation (SFLP)...
- Maternal pulmonary edema during fetoscopic surgeryMarnie B Robinson
Department of Anesthesiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital and Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Anesth Analg 107:1978-80. 2008..We hypothesize that the pulmonary edema resulted from irrigating fluid (totaling net 8 L) absorbed i.v. through myometrial venous channels accessed by passage of the operating trocars...
- Operative fetoscopy: new perspective in fetal therapy?J A Deprest
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospitals Leuven, Belgium
Prenat Diagn 17:1247-60. 1997..More recently the merger of fetoscopy and advanced video-endoscopic surgery has been the basis of the concept of endoscopic fetal surgery...
- Biochemical composition of fluids for amnioinfusion during fetoscopyP N Adama van Scheltema
Fetal Diagnosis and Therapy Unit, Department of Obstetrics, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Gynecol Obstet Invest 66:227-30. 2008To evaluate which of the commercially available solutions is best suited for amnioinfusion during fetoscopy, based on resemblance with the biochemical properties of amniotic fluid.
- Neonatal outcome in preterm monochorionic twins with twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome after intrauterine treatment with amnioreduction or fetoscopic laser surgery: comparison with dichorionic twinsRichard Lenclen
Department of Neonatology, Paris Ouest University, CHI Poissy St Germain, France
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:450.e1-7. 2007....
- Endoscopic laser surgery in severe second-trimester twin-twin transfusion syndrome: a three-year experience from a Latin American centerWaldo Sepulveda
Fetal Medicine Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinica Las Condes, Santiago, Chile
Prenat Diagn 27:1033-8. 2007....
- Laser coagulation of placental anastomoses with a 30 degrees fetoscope in severe mid-trimester twin-twin transfusion syndrome with anterior placentaA Huber
Department of Obstetrics and Fetal Medicine, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf UKE, Hamburg, Germany
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31:412-6. 2008....
- Laser treatment in twin-to-twin transfusion syndromeMasami Yamamoto
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, CHI Poissy Saint Germain en Laye, Université de Paris Ouest, Versailles St Quentin en Yvelines, 10 Rue de Champ Gaillard, Poissy 78300, France
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 12:450-7. 2007..The overall survival rate at birth was 66% (1894/2869). However, variations in survival rates between centres and inconsistency in the reporting of complications call for more homogeneity in the pre- and post-operative assessment...
- Interventions for twin-twin transfusion syndrome: a Cochrane reviewD Roberts
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Liverpool Women s NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31:701-11. 2008..58; 95% CI, 0.18-1.86 adjusted for clustering; one trial). The results suggest that endoscopic laser coagulation of anastomotic vessels should be considered in the treatment of all stages of TTTS to improve perinatal and neonatal outcome...
- Transabdominal fetoscopy in fetal anomalies diagnosed by ultrasound in the first trimester of pregnancyY Ville
Unité de Médecine Foetale et de Diagnostic Antenatal, Service de Gynécologie Obstétrique hôpital A Béclère, Clamart, France
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 8:11-5. 1996..We describe a microendoscope that can be used with an 18-gauge needle at the time of amniocentesis to provide more precise diagnostic information when the first-trimester ultrasound examination suggests a problem...
- First-trimester needle embryofetoscopy and prenatal diagnosisE A Reece
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 12:136-9. 1997..To demonstrate the efficacy of first-trimester needle embryofetoscopy (or embryoscopy) for prenatal diagnosis in a continuing pregnancy...
- Fetoscopy-guided fetal endoscopy in a sheep modelF I Luks
Centre of Surgical Technologies, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
J Am Coll Surg 178:609-12. 1994..This technique, however, could become a valuable research tool to study fetal gastrointestinal and pulmonary physiologic factors in situ...
- Transabdominal thin-gauge embryofetoscopy: a technique for early prenatal diagnosis and its use in the diagnosis of a case of Meckel-Gruber syndromeR A Quintero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
Am J Obstet Gynecol 168:1552-7. 1993..Our aim was to develop and evaluate a transabdominal endoscopic technique to visualize the embryo or fetus with thin-gauge needles and submillimetric fiberoptic endoscopes...
- Intrafetal alcohol chemosclerosis of acardiac twins: a multicenter experienceWaldo Sepulveda
Fetal Medicine Center, Clinica Las Condes, Santiago, Chile
Fetal Diagn Ther 19:448-52. 2004..To report a multicenter experience with intrafetal alcohol chemosclerosis in the treatment of pregnancies complicated with the twin reversed arterial perfusion sequence...
- Twin-twin transfusion syndrome: a review of treatment optionStefania Fieni
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Neonatology, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Acta Biomed 75:34-9. 2004..More recently, laser ablation under fetoscopic guidance of placental vessel has been reported in an attempt to improve survival. The objective of this review was to evaluate the impact of treatment modalities in TTTS...
- Re: Stage-based treatment of twin-twin transfusion syndromeNicholas M Fisk
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:1809-10; author reply 1810-11. 2004
- Recent advances in fetal surgeryRaul A Cortes
Division of Pediatric Surgery, The Fetal Treatment Center, University of California, San Frncisrco, CA 94143 0570, USA
Semin Perinatol 28:199-211. 2004..Fetal surgery as a (multi)discipline continues to strive to minimize maternal and fetal risk. Undoubtedly, as tocolytic therapy and neonatal intensive efforts improve, fetal therapy will expand...
- [The initial results of fetoscopic laser treatment for severe second trimester twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome in the Netherlands are comparable to international results]J M Middeldorp
afd Verloskunde, Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum, Postbus 9600, 2300 RC Leiden
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 148:1203-8. 2004..Evaluation of the initial results of selective fetoscopic laser coagulation of placental blood vessels for severe second-trimester twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome in the Netherlands...
- Incidence, mechanisms, and patterns of fetal cerebral lesions in twin-to-twin transfusion syndromeEdwin Quarello
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, CHI Poissy St Germain en Laye, Universite Paris Ouest, Poissy, France
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 20:589-97. 2007..To determine the incidence of fetal cerebral lesions and their characteristics in twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS)...
- Fetoscopic laser treatment of twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome followed by severe twin anemia-polycythemia sequence with spontaneous resolutionE Lopriore
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:e4-7. 2008..No residual anastomoses were identified after placental injection with colored dye. We discuss the possible pathogenetic mechanisms that may have led to this remarkable clinical course and discuss the various management options...
- Fetal lung volume after endoscopic tracheal occlusion in the prediction of postnatal outcomeCleisson F A Peralta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fetal Medicine Units, King s College Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:60.e1-5. 2008..The objective of the study was to investigate the volume response of the contralateral lung in the prediction of postnatal outcome in fetuses with congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) treated by fetoscopic endotracheal occlusion (FETO)...
- Minimal-access fetal surgery for twin-to-twin transfusion syndromeJ G Bussey
Program in Fetal Medicine, Hasbro Children s Hospital, Brown Medical School, 2 Dudley Street, Suite 180, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Surg Endosc 18:83-6. 2004..The authors present the technical aspects of endoscopic fetal surgery in their initial clinical experience...
- Encouraging early clinical experience with deliberately delayed temporary fetoscopic tracheal occlusion for the prenatal treatment of life-threatening right and left congenital diaphragmatic herniasThomas Kohl
German Center for Fetal Surgery and Minimally Invasive Therapy, University Hospital of Bonn, Germany
Fetal Diagn Ther 21:314-8. 2006..In order to assess the effect of deliberately delayed percutaneous fetoscopic tracheal occlusion on survival of fetuses with life-threatening congenital diaphragmatic hernia...
- Twin-to-twin transfusion syndromeC M A Andrade
Fetal Medicine Unit, Obstetrics Department, Sao Paulo Federal University, 04126 010 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 98:154-5. 2007
- Risk of persistent pulmonary hypertension of the neonate in twin-to-twin transfusion syndromeBas Delsing
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Neonatology 92:134-8. 2007..Chronic twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS) is a complication of monochorionic twin gestations and is associated with high perinatal mortality and increased neurological, cardiovascular and renal morbidity...
- Residual anastomoses after fetoscopic laser surgery in twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome: frequency, associated risks and outcomeE Lopriore
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Placenta 28:204-8. 2007..Although residual anastomoses in our study were not associated with adverse outcome, they were often associated with neonatal hematological complications...
- Manifestation of mirror syndrome after fetoscopic laser photocoagulation in severe twin-twin transfusion syndromeSatoshi Hayashi
Division of Fetal Medicine, Department of Perinatal Medicine and Maternal Care, National Center for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
Fetal Diagn Ther 21:51-4. 2006..We report here a case of mirror syndrome that occurred after selective fetoscopic laser photocoagulation in severe TTTS at 24 weeks' gestation...
- Combined sonographic and endoscopic umbilical cord occlusion in twin and triplet gestationsBruce K Young
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
J Perinat Med 33:530-3. 2005..To review our experience with a minimally invasive technique for umbilical cord occlusion as a method of selective feticide in monochorionic sets...
- Prenatal intervention for isolated congenital diaphragmatic herniaJan Deprest
Fetal Medicine Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 18:355-67. 2006..We aim to review the recent literature regarding early prenatal prediction of outcome in babies diagnosed with isolated congenital diaphragmatic hernia, as well as results of fetal therapy for this condition...
- Analysis of fetal growth after laser therapy in twin-to-twin transfusion syndromeRenato A Moreira de Sa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, centre hospitalier intercommunal de Poissy St Germain en Laye, Poissy, France
J Ultrasound Med 24:1213-9; quiz 1220-1. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate fetal growth patterns after laser therapy in twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS)...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the feto-placentar unit after fetoscopic laser coagulation for twin-to-twin transfusion syndromeT A G M Huisman
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, University Children s Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Acta Radiol 46:328-30. 2005..The purpose of this report is to present and discuss fetal magnetic resonance imaging as a postoperative imaging tool after fetoscopic laser coagulation...
- Twin reversed arterial perfusion: fetoscopic laser coagulation of placental anastomoses or the umbilical cordK Hecher
Department of Obstetrics and Fetal Medicine, University Medical Centre Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 28:688-91. 2006..To assess the feasibility and outcome of fetoscopic laser coagulation in pregnancies with twin reversed arterial perfusion (TRAP) sequence...
- Fetoscopic laser therapy for twin-twin transfusion syndromeYao Lung Chang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 45:294-301. 2006....
- Selective cord coagulation in acardiac twinsW Diehl
Department of Obstetrics and Fetal Medicine, University Medical Centre, Hamburg Eppendorf UKE, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 12:458-63. 2007....
- Twin-to-twin transfusion syndromeVirginia Kinnick
University of Northern Colorado School of Nursing, Greeley, USA
AWHONN Lifelines 9:512, 509-11. 2005
- Acute effects of selective fetoscopic laser photocoagulation on recipient cardiac function in twin-twin transfusion syndromeMounira Habli
Fetal Care Center of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Children s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:412.e1-6. 2008..This study evaluated the acute effects of selective fetoscopic laser photocoagulation (SFLP) on recipient cardiovascular function in a twin-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS) pregnancy...
- Pseudoamniotic band syndrome: a rare complication of monochorionic twins with fetofetal transfusion syndrome treated by laser coagulationNorbert Winer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Université Paris Ouest Versailles St Quentin, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal Poissy St Germain, Poissy, France
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:393.e1-5. 2008....
- Twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome: expanding the frontiers of ignorance?D W Skupski
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31:487-8. 2008
- Fetoscopic laser treatment of twin-to-twintransfusion syndrome (TTTS)S Said
Ir Med J 101:191-3. 2008..Fetoscopic laser ablation of placental vessels for severe twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome is now available in Ireland, and our programme has delivered results that are in keeping with international best practices in this regard...
- Power and interpretation of a randomized study on the treatment of severe twin-to-twin transfusion syndromeFrancois I Luks
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:607; author reply 607-8. 2008
- [Twin-twin transfusion syndrome--front line in fetal medicine]S Ek
Huddinge Universitetssjukhus, Kvinnokliniken
Ugeskr Laeger 163:5987-90. 2001..The outcome seems very promising with overall survival of 80% using this method. In the article pathogenesis and alternative treatments are also discussed...
- Stage-related outcome in twin-twin transfusion syndrome treated by fetoscopic laser coagulationAgnes Huber
Department of Obstetrics and Fetal Medicine, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, UKE, Hamburg, Germany
Obstet Gynecol 108:333-7. 2006..To assess perinatal outcome in monochorionic twin pregnancies according to different stages of severe mid-trimester twin-twin transfusion syndrome managed by fetoscopic laser coagulation of the placental vascular anastomoses...
- The outcome of twin-twin transfusion syndrome complicated with placental insufficiencyMounira Habli
Fetal Care Center of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Children s Hospital, University Hospital, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:424.e1-6. 2008..The aim was to evaluate the incidence and perinatal outcomes of TTTS complicated with placental insufficiency (PI/TTTS)...
- Operative fetoscopy via telesurgeryR A Quintero
Florida Institute for Fetal Diagnosis and Therapy, Tampa, Florida 33613, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 20:390-1. 2002We describe a case in which telesurgical consultation from Tampa, Florida, USA was used to accomplish operative fetoscopy in Santiago, Chile for the treatment of a twin pregnancy involving an acardiac twin...
- The treatment of twin-twin transfusion syndromeTimothy M Crombleholme
The Center for Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Semin Pediatr Surg 12:175-81. 2003....
- Impact of laser coagulation in severe twin-twin transfusion syndrome on fetal Doppler indices and venous blood flow volumeE Gratacos
Fetal Medicine Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 20:125-30. 2002....
- Impact of fetal intervention on postnatal management of congenital diaphragmatic herniaL Saura
Agrupació Sanitària Hospital, Sant Joan de Déu Clínic, Universitat de Barcelona, Passeig Sant Joan de Déu 2, Esplugues, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Pediatr Surg 17:404-7. 2007..We report our experience in the postnatal management of congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) after fetal endoluminal balloon tracheal occlusion (FETO)...
- Fetal surgeryShaun M Kunisaki
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Intensive Care Med 23:33-51. 2008..the authors discuss the prenatal evaluation process and various operative approaches (ie, open hysterotomy, fetoscopy, and percutaneous) to conduct fetal surgery...
- Update on twin-to-twin transfusion syndromeA El Kateb
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Paris Ouest Medical School, UVSQ, CHI Poissy Saint Germain en Laye, Paris, France
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 22:63-75. 2008..Selectivity in laser coagulation improves survival. Selective feticide should be reserved for cases in which severe distress or anomaly of one twin compromises the others...
- Antenatal intervention: jeopardizing life or limb?John M Gatti
Division of Pediatric Urology, Children s Mercy Hospital and University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri 66211, USA
Urology 60:697. 2002..Although the limb was intact, we present images and a discussion of the potential for extremity injury with antenatal urologic intervention...
- Changes in the approach for invasive prenatal diagnosis in 35,127 cases at a single center from 1977 to 2004Giovanni Monni
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Prenatal and Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis, Fetal Therapy, Ospedale Microcitemico, Cagliari, Italy
Fetal Diagn Ther 21:348-54. 2006..To evaluate the changes in the approaches used for invasive prenatal diagnosis for beta-thalassemia and karyotyping at a single center from 1977 to 2004...
- An aggressive interventional protocol for early midtrimester premature rupture of the membranes using gelatin sponge for cervical pluggingJohn M O'Brien
Perinatal Diagnostic Center, Central Baptist Hospital, Lexington, KY 40503, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:1143-6. 2002..This study was performed to evaluate a protocol for treatment of previable premature rupture of membranes (PROM) that includes the administration of gelatin sponge to retard the loss of fluid from the amniotic cavity...
- Prenatal diagnosis of cloacal anomaliesS Warne
Department of Paediatric Urology, Guy s Hospital and Great Ormond Street Children s Hospital, London, UK
BJU Int 89:78-81. 2002....
- Laparoscopy-assisted fetoscopy for laser surgery in twin-twin transfusion syndrome with anterior placentationR Papanna
Texas Children s Fetal Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 35:65-70. 2010..To compare a laparoscopy-assisted fetoscopic approach with an ultrasound-directed percutaneous approach for laser photocoagulation of placental anastomoses in cases of twin-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS) with anterior placentation...
- Moving up the slippery slope: mandated genetic screening on CyprusRuth Schwartz Cowan
History and Sociology of Science, University of Pennsylvania, 249 S 36th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6304, USA
Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 151:95-103. 2009..program involves mandated premarital carrier screening, voluntary prenatal diagnosis (originally through fetoscopy, now through CVS), and voluntary termination of afflicted pregnancies-all at public expense...
- Hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia: prenatal diagnosis by three-dimensional ultrasonographyWaldo Sepulveda
Fetal Medicine Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinica Las Condes, Santiago, Chile
J Ultrasound Med 22:731-5. 2003..in high-risk pregnancies on the basis of histologic analysis of fetal skin obtained by second-trimester fetoscopy-guided skin biopsy...
- Prenatal diagnosis of spontaneous septostomy of the dividing membranes in complicated monochorionic diamniotic multiple gestationsRamen H Chmait
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
J Ultrasound Med 28:663-8. 2009..The purpose of this series is to describe the prenatal diagnostic and management challenges of spontaneous septostomy of the dividing membrane (SSDM) in complicated monochorionic diamniotic (MoDi) pregnancies...
- Alcoholization: the choice of intrauterine treatment for chorioangiomaChanane Wanapirak
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 28:71-5. 2002..To our knowledge, this is the first report using alcoholization for the treatment of hydrops fetalis secondary to chorioangioma...
- Severe diaphragmatic hernia treated by fetal endoscopic tracheal occlusionJ C Jani
Fetal Medicine and Treatment Unit of University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 34:304-10. 2009..To examine operative and perinatal aspects of fetal endoscopic tracheal occlusion (FETO) in congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH)...
- Fetoscopic surgery for the treatment of congenital anomaliesJ M Estes
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0570
J Pediatr Surg 27:950-4. 1992..As a consequence, the potential now exists to correct non-life-threatening malformations in utero...
- Direct visual control on cord coagulation using a fetoscopy-guided bipolar forceps. Description of a new techniqueMasami Yamamoto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Groupe Hospitalier, Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Paris Descartes, 149, rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, Paris, France
Prenat Diagn 30:156-8. 2010..We describe a new technique to achieve permanent umbilical cord occlusion...
- [Intrauterine fetal abnormalities therapy]Lourenco Sbragia
Divisão de Cirurgia Pediátrica, Departamento de Cirurgia e Anatomia, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brasil
Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet 32:47-54. 2010..experimental studies in large animals, associated with the technological advance of diagnostic imaging and fetoscopy equipment, have led to great progress in the knowledge of the pathophysiology of various congenital defects...
- Laser therapy of twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome in triplet pregnanciesA Diemert
Department of Obstetrics and Fetal Medicine, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 35:71-4. 2010..We report the outcome of triplet pregnancies treated with laser therapy for severe TTTS...
- Twin anemia polycythemia sequence from a prenatal perspectiveLeonardo Gucciardo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals, Leuven, Belgium
Prenat Diagn 30:438-42. 2010..To describe the prevalence, management and outcome of spontaneous twin anemia polycythemia sequence (TAPS) diagnosed in the prenatal period...
- Selective feticide in monoamniotic twin pregnancies by umbilical cord occlusion and transectionJohanna M Middeldorp
Department of Obstetrics, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Fetal Diagn Ther 23:121-5. 2008..However, the normal co-twin remains at risk of sudden demise from cord entanglement. We report on three cases of successful selective feticide by cord occlusion combined with cord transection...
- The clinical spectrum of the Fraser syndrome: report of three new cases and reviewJ Gattuso
Department of Clinical Genetics, Institute of Child Health, London
J Med Genet 24:549-55. 1987..variability should be taken into account when attempting prenatal diagnosis; a combination of ultrasound and fetoscopy should provide the best approach...
- Efficacy of electrocautery in different media: air, perfluorodecalin, glycerine, glycine, and electrolyte solutionOliver J Muensterer
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 16:659-62. 2006..Intrauterine insufflation of carbon dioxide may cause lethal hypercapnia and acidosis in the fetus. Therefore, other media must be considered...
- Fetoscopic management of complicated monochorionic twinsRamen Chmait
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 52:647-53. 2009Operative fetoscopy is a surgical approach to the in utero treatment of fetal or placental abnormalities. The approach is on the basis of combined use of ultrasound and endoscopy and minimally invasive access into the womb...
- Clinical and biochemical predictors of very preterm birth in twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome treated by fetoscopyTeresa Cobo
Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Hospital Clinic, Institute Clinic of Gynecology, Obstetrics, and Neonatology, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Obstet Gynecol 204:58.e1-5. 2011..To evaluate pre- and postoperative predictors of preterm birth in twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome treated with fetoscopic placental laser coagulation...
- Gelatin sponge embolization. a method for the management of iatrogenic preterm premature rupture of the membranesJohn M O'Brien
Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine at Central Baptist Hospital, Lexington, KY 40503, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 17:8-10. 2002..A successful case of embolization for the treatment of iatrogenic previable PROM complicating therapeutic fetoscopy is described.
- Optical properties of human amniotic fluid: implications for videofetoscopic surgeryShaun A Steigman
Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, MA, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 27:87-90. 2010..We sought to determine the optical properties of the amniotic fluid, as a pre-requisite for optimizing video image processing during videofetoscopy and eventually avoid amniotic fluid replacement...
- Toward fetal therapy using needle embryofetoscopyE A Reece
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Temple University School of Medicine, Haifa, Israel
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 5:281-5. 1995..Potential applications include gene and stem-cell therapy at a time when the embryo is immunologically naive...
- Selective fetoscopic laser ablation in 100 consecutive pregnancies with severe twin-twin transfusion syndromeRobert B Cincotta
Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Mater Mothers Hospital, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 49:22-7. 2009....
- Life-saving effects of fetal tracheal occlusion on pulmonary hypoplasia from preterm premature rupture of membranesThomas Kohl
Department of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine German Center for Fetal Surgery and Minimally Invasive Therapy, Munster, Germany
Obstet Gynecol 113:480-3. 2009..Preterm premature rupture of membranes before 22 weeks of gestation may result in severe fetal pulmonary hypoplasia. Fetoscopic tracheal balloon occlusion might result in catch-up pulmonary growth...
- Transitory increase in middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity of recipient twins after fetoscopic laser photocoagulation for twin-twin transfusion syndromeKeisuke Ishii
Division of Perinatology, Fetal Diagnosis and Therapy, Maternal and Perinatal Care Center, Seirei Hamamatsu General Hospital, Hamamatsu, Japan
Fetal Diagn Ther 24:470-3. 2008..It was the aim of this study to elucidate the clinical features of recipient twins with increased middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity (MCA-PSV) after fetoscopic laser photocoagulation (FLP) for twin-twin transfusion syndrome...
- [What's new in fetal medicine?]D Mahieu-Caputo
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Bichat, Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 9:172-86. 2002..All this underscores that fetal medicine is no longer solely a succession of dramatic technical breakthroughs, but is entered an era of large-scale diffusion that requires evidence based evaluation...
- Antenatal prediction of lung volume and in-utero treatment by fetal endoscopic tracheal occlusion in severe isolated congenital diaphragmatic herniaJan A Deprest
Center for Surgical Technologies, Faculty of Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Minderbroedersstraat 17, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 14:8-13. 2009..The purpose of this review is to update current knowledge regarding predictive value of prenatal assessment in terms of neonatal survival. We will also discuss experimental evidence and clinical data regarding fetal tracheal occlusion...
- Twin-twin transfusion syndrome: the 'Select' procedureV A Feldstein
Fetal Treatment Program and Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, Calif 94143 0628, USA
Fetal Diagn Ther 15:257-61. 2000..We report here a case of early, severe TTTS that failed to respond to serial amniocenteses and that was successfully treated by means of superselective laser coagulation...
- Endoscopic laser coagulation of placental anastomoses in 200 pregnancies with severe mid-trimester twin-to-twin transfusion syndromeK Hecher
Department of Prenatal Diagnosis and Therapy, AK Barmbek, D 22291, Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 92:135-9. 2000..To investigate perinatal outcome after endoscopic laser coagulation of the placental vascular anastomoses in severe mid trimester twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS)...
- Fetoscopic direct fetal cardiac access in sheep : An important experimental milestone along the route to human fetal cardiac interventionT Kohl
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Munster Medical School, Munster, Germany
Circulation 102:1602-4. 2000..Therefore, the purpose of our study in sheep was to assess the feasibility and potential of fetoscopic direct fetal cardiac access...
- Embryonic and neonatal cardiac gene transfer in vivoGeir Christensen
Institute for Experimental Medical Research, University of Oslo, Ullevaal University Hospital, Norway
Methods Mol Biol 219:169-78. 2003
- Chorioamnion plugging and the risk of preterm premature rupture of membranes after laser surgery in twin-twin transfusion syndromeR Papanna
The Texas Children s Fetal Center at Texas Children s Hospital, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 35:337-43. 2010....
- Diagnosis and management of fetal intrapericardial Morgagni diaphragmatic hernia with massive pericardial effussionGuillermo Antinolo
Unidad de Gestión Clínica de Genética, Reproducción y Medicina Fetal, Hospitales Universitarios Virgen del Rocio, 41013 Sevilla, Spain
J Pediatr Surg 45:424-6. 2010..After birth, the patient successfully underwent early correction of the hernia. Postoperative course was uneventful, and the newborn girl was discharged 18 days later without complications and is currently doing well...
- Laser therapy for twin-twin transfusion syndrome in the absence of fetoscopically visible placental vascular anastomosesKeisuke Ishii
Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Osaka Medical Center and Research Institute for Maternal and Child Health, Izumi, Japan
Fetal Diagn Ther 34:192-4. 2013..This case demonstrates that vascular anastomoses in TTTS may not be identified by a fetoscope and that FLP to coagulate the entire vascular equator closer to the area of the recipient twin was effective in this rare situation...
- [Disputes and history of fetal heart monitoring]Omar Felipe Duenas-Garcia
Departamento de Ginecologíia y Obstetricia del Hospital Bronx Lebanon Center, New York City 10457, USA
Rev Invest Clin 63:659-63. 2011..The purpose of this article is to mention the key points and controversial moments in the history of the cardiotocography..
- Predictors of neonatal morbidity in fetuses with severe isolated congenital diaphragmatic hernia undergoing fetoscopic tracheal occlusionE Done
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Division of Woman and Child, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 42:77-83. 2013....
- Management of prenatally diagnosed congenital diaphragmatic herniaHolly L Hedrick
Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, The Center for Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Semin Pediatr Surg 22:37-43. 2013..The increased survival and subsequent morbidity of CDH survivors has resulted in the need to provide resources for the long-term follow up and support of the CDH population...
- Hypoalbuminemia in donors with twin-twin transfusion syndromeL Verbeek
Division of Neonatology, Willem Alexander Children s Hospital, Leiden, The Netherlands
Fetal Diagn Ther 33:98-102. 2013..To estimate the differences in albumin levels between donors and recipients with twin-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS)...
- Fetoscopic laser therapy for twin-twin transfusion syndrome before 17 and after 26 weeks' gestationDavid Baud
Fetal Medicine Unit, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Am J Obstet Gynecol 208:197.e1-7. 2013....
- Antenatal management of isolated congenital diaphragmatic hernia today and tomorrow: ongoing collaborative research and development. Journal of Pediatric Surgery LectureJan Deprest
Division of Woman and Child, Department of Reproduction, Development, and Regeneration, University Hospitals Leuven, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Pediatr Surg 47:282-90. 2012..Fetuses with severe hypoplasia usually require postnatal operative repair using prosthetic patches, and tissue engineering offers the potential for ex utero culture...
- Neonatal outcome using ultrathin fetoscope for laser coagulation in twin-to-twin-transfusion syndromeMichael Tchirikov
University Clinic of Obstetrics and Fetal Medicine, University Medical Center Halle Saale of Martin Luther University of Halle Wittenberg, Germany
J Perinat Med 39:725-30. 2011..To improve neonatal outcome using ultrathin fetoscope for laser treatment of twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome...
- Fetoscopic coverage of experimental myelomeningocele in sheep using a patch with surgical sealantCesar G Fontecha
Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery Unit, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 156:171-6. 2011..Assess the feasibility of a fetoscopic patch coverage method for myelomeningocele repair in a sheep model...
- Design of a flexible fetoscopy manipulation system for congenital diaphragmatic herniaWei Yao
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, United Kingdom Electronic address
Med Eng Phys 36:32-8. 2014..Experiments using a phantom have demonstrated that the flexible fetoscope has a better dexterity and is able to perform stable tracheoscopy and balloon inflation at different levels of the trachea, with the help of a fiberoptic camera. ..
- [Congenital anomalies of the central nervous system--from the pediatric standpoint]K Kumagai
Department of Pediatrics, Kanagawa Rehabilitation Center
No To Hattatsu 23:177-82. 1991..With recent advances in the diagnostic techniques of amniocentesis, fetoscopy, ultrasound, computerized tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), an improved accuracy in the ..
- Cross-sectional study of tracheomegaly in children after fetal tracheal occlusion for severe congenital diaphragmatic herniaLuc Breysem
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, Leuven, Belgium
Radiology 257:226-32. 2010..To measure tracheal dimensions in children with congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) who had undergone fetoscopic endoluminal tracheal occlusion (FETO) or were treated expectantly during gestation...
- Fetoscopic laser coagulation for severe twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome: factors influencing perinatal outcome, learning curve of the procedure and lessons for new centresR K Morris
School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
BJOG 117:1350-7. 2010..To evaluate the effects of operator experience on perinatal outcome in a single centre...
- Miniature Laser Therapy EndoscopeGuillermo Tearney; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, current fetoscopy technology used to guide this procedure is not adequate for this application...
- DERMAL-EPIDERMAL INTERACTIONS IN DIABETIC WOUND HEALINGTimothy Crombleholme; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome TrialTimothy Crombleholme; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal of the study is to improve the outcomes of twins with TTTS by determining which treatment for TTTS has a better survival as well as cardiac, neurologic, and developmental outcome. ..
- Endothelial Progenitor Cell Recruitment in Diabetic MiceTimothy Crombleholme; Fiscal Year: 2008..To determine the mechanisms by which EPCs orchestrate the local angiogenic response by interaction with resident cellular milieu. ..
- Endothelial Progenitor Cell Biology in Type 1 DiabetesTimothy Crombleholme; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. To determine the mechanisms by which type I diabetes alters EPC gene expression and function. ..
- Mechanisms of Scar-Free Healing in the Fetal ArteryDARRELL CASS; Fiscal Year: 2008..His long term objective is to apply this knowledge clinically in both children and adults to limit vascular inflammation, neointimal hyperplasia and scarring. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- UROTHELIAL DIFFENTIATIONLaurence Baskin; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, we propose that abnormal epithelial-stroma signaling that occurs when intestinal segments are placed in contact with the bladder may lead to cellular changes such as atypia or even cancer. ..