Genomes and Genes
Summary: Preliminary administration of a drug preceding a diagnostic, therapeutic, or surgical procedure. The commonest types of premedication are antibiotics (ANTIBIOTIC PROPHYLAXIS) and anti-anxiety agents. It does not include PREANESTHETIC MEDICATION.
Publications235 found, 100 shown here
- Oral clonidine premedication prevents the rise in intraocular pressure following succinylcholine administrationH Polarz
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Heidelberg, Germany
Ger J Ophthalmol 2:97-9. 1993The objective of the study was to assess the effects of premedication with clonidine on intraocular pressure (IOP) after the administration of succinylcholine...
- Seizures in an Alzheimer's disease patient as a complication of colonoscopy premedication with meperidineJerry Nagler
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Dig Dis Sci 53:62-4. 2008We describe the first reported case of generalized tonic-clonic seizures induced by meperidine premedication for a colonoscopy procedure in a 63-year-old woman with Alzheimer's disease...
- Clonidine premedication in patients with sleep apnea syndrome: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyMichael T Pawlik
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 6, D 93046 Regensburg, Germany
Anesth Analg 101:1374-80. 2005..7% +/- 8.0% versus 82.4% +/- 5.8%; P < 0.05). We conclude that oral clonidine premedication stabilizes hemodynamic variables during induction, maintenance, and emergence from anesthesia and reduces the ..
- Intubation without premedication may worsen outcome for unconsciousness patients with intracranial hemorrhageYouichi Yanagawa
Department of Traumatogy and Critical Care Medicine, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
Am J Emerg Med 23:182-5. 2005To clarify the influence of an intubation maneuver with or without premedication for an intracranial hemorrhage in an unconsciousness patient, we retrospectively analyzed 70 patients who had received intubation for unconsciousness and in ..
- Premedication for bronchoscopy in older patients: a double-blind comparison of two regimensM R Watts
Department of Medicine for the Elderly Medical Day Ward, Limerick Regional Hospital, Dooradoyle, Co Limerick, Ireland
Respir Med 99:220-6. 2005..There have been no systematic prospective placebo-controlled studies in older patients. We compared a novel premedication regimen-oral temazepam plus nebulised Lignocaine (new treatment) to an established regimen of intravenous ..
- Facilitation of neonatal nasotracheal intubation with premedication: a randomized controlled trialJ Oei
Department of Newborn Care, Royal Hospital for Women, Randwick, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 38:146-50. 2002To determine if premedication reduces the time and number of attempts by junior medical staff to achieve nasotracheal intubation in neonates. The experimental design was a non-blinded randomized controlled pilot trial...
- Premedication for tracheal intubation in neonates: confusion or controversy?Ricardo Carbajal
Centre national de ressources de lutte contre la douleur, Hopital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, Paris, France
Semin Perinatol 31:309-17. 2007..This procedure is extremely distressing, painful, and has the potential for airway injury. Premedication with sedatives, analgesics, and muscle relaxants is standard practice for pediatric and adult intubation, yet ..
- Quality-of-life differences between prophylactic and on-demand factor replacement therapy in European haemophilia patientsS Royal
Research Triangle Institute, Washington, USA
Haemophilia 8:44-50. 2002..While these results suggest that health-related quality-of-life may be better for haemophilia patients treated prophylactically, future prospective studies that gather periodic quality-of-life data over time should be conducted...
- Breakthrough adverse reactions to low-osmolar contrast media after steroid premedicationK S Freed
Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3808, Durham, NC 27710, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 176:1389-92. 2001..of adverse reactions, or "breakthrough reactions," experienced by patients who received steroid premedication and low-osmolar contrast media...
- Premedication for intubation with morphine causes prolonged depression of electrocortical background activity in preterm infantsElisabeth Norman
Department of Pediatrics, Lund University and Skåne University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Pediatr Res 73:87-94. 2013..We hypothesized that morphine might induce prolonged neurodepression, independent of blood pressure, as compared with rapid sequence induction/intubation(RSI)...
- Atropine, fentanyl and succinylcholine for non-urgent intubations in newbornsB Lemyre
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 94:F439-42. 2009Describe intubation conditions and adverse events when using atropine fentanyl +/- succinylcholine as premedication.
- Faster wash-out and recovery for desflurane vs sevoflurane in morbidly obese patients when no premedication is usedL La Colla
Department of Anesthesiology, Vita Salute San Raffaele University School of Medicine, IRCCS San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Br J Anaesth 99:353-8. 2007The aim of this study was to compare desflurane vs sevoflurane kinetics and dynamics in morbidly obese patients and their recovery profile when no premedication had been used.
- Remifentanil for endotracheal intubation in neonates: a randomised controlled trialK Choong
Division of Critical Care, Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 95:F80-4. 2010To evaluate the efficacy and safety of remifentanil as a premedication in neonates undergoing elective endotracheal intubation.
- Anticholinergic premedication for flexible bronchoscopy: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of atropine and glycopyrrolateJavid Ahmad Malik
Pulmonary Medicine, Sher i Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences Medical College, Srinagar, India
Chest 136:347-54. 2009Anticholinergic premedication is commonly used during flexible bronchoscopy, although the benefits are unproven and potential risks exist.
- The effects of melatonin premedication on propofol and thiopental induction dose-response curves: a prospective, randomized, double-blind studyMohamed Naguib
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 409, 1400 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Anesth Analg 103:1448-52. 2006..v.anesthetics has not been documented. We studied the effect of melatonin premedication on the propofol and thiopental dose-response curves for abolition of responses to verbal commands and eyelash ..
- Impact of final activated clotting time after transradial coronary stenting with maximal antiplatelet therapyOlivier F Bertrand
Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Am J Cardiol 104:1235-40. 2009..With a transradial approach and maximal antiplatelet therapy, greater ACT values did not correlate with an increased risk of bleeding...
- A clinical study on the premedication of paclitaxel liposome in the treatment of solid tumorsQian Zhang
Department of Chemotherapy, Jiangsu Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Bai Zi Tin 42, Nanjing 210009, Jiangsu Province, China
Biomed Pharmacother 63:603-7. 2009To obtain an optimal premedication protocol for paclitaxel liposome (Lipusu) in the treatment of solid tumors.
- The effect of premedication on preoperative anxietyMemnune Pekcan
Hacettepe Univ Faculty of Med, Department of Anesthesia and Reanimation, Ankara, Turkey
Middle East J Anesthesiol 18:421-33. 2005The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of premedication on anxiety, cortisol, residual gastric volume and gastric pH...
- Effect of clonidine premedication on postoperative sore throat and hoarseness after total intravenous anesthesiaKoichi Maruyama
Department of Anesthesiology, Iida Municipal Hospital, 438 Yawata, Iida, Nagano, 395 8502, Japan
J Anesth 20:327-30. 2006To determine the effect of oral clonidine premedication on postoperative sore throat and hoarseness, we evaluated the incidence and severity of each of these complications in patients who underwent elective surgery in the supine position...
- Premedication for neonatal endotracheal intubation: results from the epidemiology of procedural pain in neonates studyXavier Durrmeyer
INSERM U953, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI, France
Pediatr Crit Care Med 14:e169-75. 2013To describe the frequency and nature of premedications used prior to neonatal endotracheal intubation; to confront observed practice with current recommendations; and to identify risk factors for the absence of premedication.
- Comparison of clonidine and midazolam as anxiolytic premedication before wisdom tooth surgery: a randomized, double-blind, crossover pilot studyFranziska R Studer
Department of Craniomaxillofacial and Oral Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Frauenklinikstr 24, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Oral Maxillofac Surg 16:341-7. 2012Anxiolytic and possible side effects of clonidine 150 μg compared to midazolam 7.5 mg for premedication in surgical wisdom tooth extraction were evaluated.
- Optimal timing for the administration of intranasal dexmedetomidine for premedication in childrenV M Yuen
Department of Anaesthesiology, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Anaesthesia 65:922-9. 2010..The median (95% CI) time for onset of sedation was 25 (25-30) min. The median (95% CI) duration of sedation was 85 (55-100) min...
- Outcomes of premedication for non-ionic radio-contrast media hypersensitivity reactions in KoreaSae Hoon Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, and Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Republic of Korea
Eur J Radiol 80:363-7. 2011..However, the effectiveness of premedication has not been properly demonstrated, especially in cases related to non-ionic CM...
- Propofol versus midazolam for intubating preterm neonates: a randomized controlled trialM G Penido
Department of Pediatrics of Medical Faculty, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Avenida Alfredo Balena, Minas Gerais, Brazil
J Perinatol 31:356-60. 2011The ideal combination of premedication for neonatal tracheal intubation has not been established...
- Preoperative evaluation, premedication, and induction of anesthesia in infants and childrenSuzanne Strom
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care, University of California, Irvine, Orange, California 92868, USA
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 25:321-5. 2012..Several new large population studies and meta-analyses further scrutinize the current techniques...
- Should premedication be used for semi-urgent or elective intubation in neonates?E Byrne
St Mary s Hospital, Manchester, UK
Arch Dis Child 91:79-83. 2006
- Feasibility of carbidopa premedication in pediatric patients: a pilot studyEgesta Lopci
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 27:729-33. 2012To verify the potential role and feasibility of carbidopa premedication in pediatric patients undergoing ¹⁸F-DOPA (Fluorine-18 fluorodihydroxyphenylalanine) PET scanning.
- Effects of diazepam or lidocaine premedication on propofol induction and cardiovascular parameters in dogsChristina Braun
Department of Large Animal Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 43:8-12. 2007..3 mg/kg atracurium i.v. Direct arterial blood pressures and heart rates were recorded before premedication, induction, and intubation...
- Premedication before intubation in UK neonatal units: a decade of change?J Kelleher
Department of Neonatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 94:F332-5. 2009To ascertain the prevalence of premedication before intubation and the choice of drugs used in UK neonatal units in 2007 and assess changes in practice since 1998.
- Are newborns receiving premedication before elective intubation?S Sarkar
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
J Perinatol 26:286-9. 2006To determine the extent and type of premedication used for elective endotracheal intubation in neonatal intensive care units (NICUs).
- Effectiveness of premedication agents administered prior to nitrous oxide/oxygenOzgul Baygin
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey
Eur J Anaesthesiol 27:341-6. 2010..The present study aimed to evaluate the effectiveness of oral premedication with different agents on children scheduled for dental treatment under nitrous oxide/oxygen (N2O/O2) sedation.
- The effects of prostaglandin E1 or oral clonidine premedication on blood loss during paranasal sinus surgeryKazuhiko Okuyama
Can J Anaesth 52:546-7. 2005
- [Does the inhalation of a 1% L-menthol solution in the premedication of fiberoptic bronchoscopy affect coughing and the sensation of dyspnea?]P Haidl
Krankenhaus Kloster Grafschaft, Zentrum fur Pneumologie, Beatmungs und Schlafmedizin, Schmallenberg
Pneumologie 55:115-9. 2001..We investigated the effect of the inhalation of a 1% l-menthol solution in the premedication of fiberoptic bronchoscopy (FB) on the frequency of cough and the irritability of the tracheobronchial mucosa ..
- The effectiveness of premedication for endotracheal intubation in mechanically ventilated neonates. A systematic reviewVibhuti Shah
Department of Paediatrics, Mount Sinai Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G 1X5, Canada
Clin Perinatol 29:535-54. 2002..Because premedication attenuates the physiologic responses to intubation, its use is recommended...
- Dose reduction of steroid premedication for paclitaxel: no increase of hypersensitivity reactionsH Koppler
Praxis für Hämatologie und Onkologie, Neverstrasse 5, D 56058 Koblenz, Germany
Onkologie 24:283-5. 2001b>Premedication with dexamethasone, ranitidine and clemastine is mandatory for patients receiving paclitaxel to avoid hypersensitivity reactions. The proposed dexamethasone dose is 20 mg orally 12 and 6 h prior to paclitaxel infusion...
- The effect of etoricoxib premedication on postoperative analgesia requirement in orthopedic and trauma patientsAhsan K Siddiqui
Department of Anesthesiology, King Fahd Teaching Hospital, King Faisal University, PO Box 40081, Al Khobar 31952, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 29:966-70. 2008We hypothesized that etoricoxib premedication would reduce the need for additional opioids following orthopedic trauma surgery.
- Premedication with pronase or N-acetylcysteine improves visibility during gastroendoscopy: an endoscopist-blinded, prospective, randomized studyChun Chao Chang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Taipei Medical University Hospital, 252 Wu Hsing Street, Taipei 110, Taiwan, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:444-7. 2007..To assess the efficacy of premedicaton with pronase or N-acetylcysteine (NAC) at 20 min before upper gastrointestinal (UGI) endoscopy and to determine whether pronase or NAC pretreatment influences the reliability of the rapid urease test...
- A defoaming agent should be used with pronase premedication to improve visibility in upper gastrointestinal endoscopyC H Kuo
Dept of Internal Medicine, St Martin de Porres Hospital, Chia Yi, Taiwan
Endoscopy 34:531-4. 2002..The study tested whether pronase can improve endoscopic visibility and alter the accuracy of the CLO test for H. pylori detection...
- The effects of temperament and behaviour problems on sedation failure in anxious children after midazolam premedicationBerrin Isik
Department of Oral and Maxilla Facial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Anaesthesiol 27:336-40. 2010..We investigated whether sedation failure after premedication with oral midazolam can be predicted by behaviour problems and temperament traits.
- Is clopidogrel premedication useful to reduce thromboembolic events during coil embolization for unruptured intracranial aneurysms?Hyun Seung Kang
Department of Neurosurgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Neurosurgery 67:1371-6; discussion 1376. 2010..Thromboembolism is a common complication related to coil embolization of intracranial aneurysms...
- The effect of premedication with ibuprofen and indomethacin on the success of inferior alveolar nerve block for teeth with irreversible pulpitisMasoud Parirokh
Oral and Dental Research Center, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
J Endod 36:1450-4. 2010..Achieving pulp anesthesia with irreversible pulpitis is difficult. This study evaluated whether nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs assist local anesthesia...
- Premedication with clonidine is superior to benzodiazepines. A meta analysis of published studiesS Dahmani
Department of Anesthesiology, Robert Debre University Hospital, Paris, France
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 54:397-402. 2010b>Premedication is considered important in pediatric anesthesia. Benzodiazepines are the most commonly used premedication agents. Clonidine, an alpha2 adrenoceptor agonist, is gaining popularity among anesthesiologists...
- Efficacy and safety of oral propranolol premedication to reduce reflex tachycardia during hypotensive anesthesia with sodium nitroprusside in orthognathic surgery: a double-blind randomized clinical trialBenjamas Apipan
Department of Surgery, Mahidol University Faculty of Dentistry, Bangkok, Thailand
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:120-4. 2010The present study sought to determine whether premedication with oral propranolol 10 mg before hypotensive anesthesia with sodium nitroprusside could reduce reflex tachycardia, the amount of sodium nitroprusside used, and blood loss ..
- The place of premedication in pediatric practiceAbraham Rosenbaum
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care, University of California Irvine, Orange, CA, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 19:817-28. 2009Behind the multiple arguments for and against the use of premedication, sedative drugs in children is a noble principle that of minimizing psychological trauma related to anesthesia and surgery...
- Premedication with dexmedetomidine alone or together with 0.5% lidocaine for IVRAAyse Mizrak
Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Gaziantep University School of Medicine, Gaziantep, Turkey
J Surg Res 164:242-7. 2010This study aimed to compare the effects of low and same dose of dexmedetomidine when added to lidocaine for intravenous regional anesthesia (IVRA) and when administered for premedication before IVRA.
- Melatonin premedication does not enhance induction of anaesthesia with sevoflurane as assessed by bispectral index monitoringP Evagelidis
Department of Anaesthesiology, Aretaieio Hospital, Medical School, University of Athens, Greece
Singapore Med J 50:78-81. 2009Exogenous melatonin has sedating and hypnotic actions. The present prospective double-blind randomised study investigated the effect of melatonin premedication on the induction of anaesthesia with sevoflurane.
- Premedication before intubation in UK neonatal unitsS Whyte
Department of Anaesthetics, Liverpool Women s Hospital, Liverpool L8 7SS
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 82:F38-41. 2000To establish the extent and type of premedication used before intubation in neonatal units in the United Kingdom.
- Febrile nonhemolytic transfusion reactions. Management by premedication and cost implications in adult patientsChristian N Ezidiegwu
Department of Pathology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:991-5. 2004....
- Premedication with acetaminophen or diphenhydramine for transfusion with leucoreduced blood products in childrenRobert P Sanders
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA
Br J Haematol 130:781-7. 2005..95% of 4108 transfusions with, and 0.53% of 3792 transfusions without, acetaminophen premedication. Allergic reactions occurred in 0.90% of 4315 transfusions with, and 0...
- Premedication to reduce discomfort during screening mammographyColleen K Lambertz
St Luke s Mountain States Tumor Institute, 100 E Idaho St, Boise, ID 83712, USA
Radiology 248:765-72. 2008To test the hypothesis that premedication with acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and/or 4% lidocaine gel would decrease discomfort and improve satisfaction with screening mammography in women who expect a higher level of discomfort.
- Allergic-like breakthrough reactions to gadolinium contrast agents after corticosteroid and antihistamine premedicationJonathan R Dillman
Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Health System, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5030, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:187-90. 2008The objective of our study was to determine the number and severity of allergic-like breakthrough reactions to i.v. gadolinium-containing contrast agents in children and adults after premedication with corticosteroids and antihistamines.
- Magnesium infusion dramatically decreases the incidence of atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass graftingF Toraman
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Acibadem Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Thorac Surg 72:1256-61; discussion 1261-2. 2001..4 +/- 1.1 days; p = 0.236). CONCLUSIONS: The use of magnesium in the preoperative and early postoperative periods is highly effective in reducing the incidence of AF after coronary artery bypass grafting...
- Reduced incidence of infusion-related reactions in metastatic colorectal cancer during treatment with cetuximab plus irinotecan with combined corticosteroid and antihistamine premedicationSalvatore Siena
Division of Medical Oncology Falck, Niguarda Ca Granda Hospital, Milan, Italy
Cancer 116:1827-37. 2010....
- Phase II trial of paclitaxel by three-hour infusion for advanced gastric cancer with short premedication for prophylaxis against paclitaxel-associated hypersensitivity reactionsY Yamada
Department of Medical Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Oncol 12:1133-7. 2001....
- Effect of intravenous midazolam premedication on postoperative nausea and vomiting after cholecystectomySeied Morteza Heidari
Department of Anesthesia, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan 42:77-80. 2004..However PONV continues to be a common postoperative complication. Midazolam premedication in pediatric patients has been reported to reduce the incidence of PONV...
- The effect of beta-blocker premedication on the surgical field during endoscopic sinus surgerySalil Nair
Department of Surgery, Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Adelaide and Flinders Universities, South Australia, Australia
Laryngoscope 114:1042-6. 2004..The aim of the present study was to determine whether the routine use of beta-blockers as a pre-medication could improve the operative field in endoscopic sinus surgery...
- Break-through bleeding in relation to predicted factor VIII levels in patients receiving prophylactic treatment for severe hemophilia AP W Collins
Arthur Bloom Haemophilia Centre, Department of Haematology, Medical School of Cardiff University, University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
J Thromb Haemost 7:413-20. 2009..Studies to date, however, have not demonstrated a strong link between FVIII level and the bleeding rate...
- Intravenous magnesium sulfate prophylaxis for atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass surgeryMehmet Kaplan
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Siyami Ersek Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Center, Istanbul, Turkey
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 125:344-52. 2003..Atrial fibrillation is a rhythm disorder commonly seen early after coronary artery bypass grafting, and it increases morbidity...
- A pilot study comparing hydrocortisone premedication to concomitant azathioprine treatment in preventing loss of response to infliximabGerassimos J Mantzaris
First Department of Gastroenterology, Evangelismos Hospital, Athens, Greece
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:1042-8. 2009..Azathioprine (AZA) coadministration prevents the formation, whereas hydrocortisone (HC) premedication reduces the levels of antibodies to IFX...
- Effect of oral midazolam premedication on the awakening concentration of sevoflurane, recovery times and bispectral index in childrenK K Brosius
Department of Anesthesiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 11:585-90. 2001....
- Preparation, premedication, and surveillanceG D Bell
School of Computing Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, England
Endoscopy 36:23-31. 2004....
- Efficacy of a premedication algorithm for nonemergent intubation in a neonatal intensive care unitJ W VanLooy
Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:947-55. 2008..However, in many neonatal intensive care units, elective intubations occur without adequate premedication. There is significant variation in the choice of premedication agent(s) and doses, and an ideal regimen for ..
- Premedication with antihistamines may enhance efficacy of specific-allergen immunotherapyU Muller
Medical Division, Zieglerspital, Bern, Switzerland
J Allergy Clin Immunol 107:81-6. 2001Antihistamine premedication has been used to increase safety of specific-allergen immunotherapy. Its influence on the efficacy of this treatment has not been studied so far.
- Premedication with pregabalin 75 or 150 mg with ibuprofen to control pain after day-case gynaecological laparoscopic surgeryR Jokela
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, PO Box 140, Helsinki FI 00029 HUCH, Finland
Br J Anaesth 100:834-40. 2008..we evaluated the quality of analgesia in women undergoing day-case gynaecological laparoscopic surgery, after premedication with pregabalin 75 mg (P75) or 150 mg (P150), compared with diazepam 5 mg (D5)...
- Premedication, preparation, and surveillanceG D Bell
Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sunderland, United Kingdom
Endoscopy 32:92-100. 2000..This level of desaturation is potential dangerous and the routine use of supplemental oxygen would greatly reduce this unneccessary risk to patients...
- The effect of clonidine premedication on hemodynamic responses to microlaryngoscopy and rigid bronchoscopyI Matot
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, Hadassah University School of Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Anesth Analg 91:828-33. 2000..microlaryngeal and bronchoscopic surgical procedures to evaluate the effects of 300-microg oral clonidine premedication (n = 18) or placebo (n = 18) on the hemodynamic alterations and the incidence of perioperative myocardial ..
- Biological correlates of acute hypersensitivity events with DAB(389)IL-2 (denileukin diftitox, ONTAK) in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: decreased frequency and severity with steroid premedicationF M Foss
Division of Hematology Oncology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Clin Lymphoma 1:298-302. 2001..To explore whether steroid premedication would improve the tolerability of DAB(389)IL-2, we treated 15 patients with CTCL with either dexamethasone or ..
- Premedication, preparation, and surveillanceG D Bell
Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sunderland, Sunderland, United Kingdom
Endoscopy 34:2-12. 2002..Case reports of hyponatraemic encephalopathy and hypocalcaemic tetany as complications of oral bowel preparation are presented, as is the challenge associated with adequate bowel preparation in diabetic patients...
- Premedication with melatonin vs midazolam in anxious childrenBerrin Isik
Departments of Oral and Maxillo Facial Surgery, Gazi University Faculty of Dentistry, Ankara, Turkey
Paediatr Anaesth 18:635-41. 2008..Oral midazolam has been the most commonly used premedication for pediatric patient but the use of midazolam may be associated with paradoxical reactions in children...
- Effects of age and gender on intravenous midazolam premedication: a randomized double-blind studyG C Sun
Department of Anaesthesiology, Yuli Veterans Hospital, No 91, Xinxing Street, Yuli Town, Hualian County 981, Taiwan, Republic of China
Br J Anaesth 101:632-9. 2008Given the potentially important effects that age and gender may have on midazolam premedication, this study aimed at determining if these factors alter anxiety, sedation, and cardiorespiratory outcomes when administering two different ..
- Effects of preoperative aspirin and clopidogrel therapy on perioperative blood loss and blood transfusion requirements in patients undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass graft surgeryJae Kwang Shim
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:59-64. 2007..This study aimed to determine the effects of aspirin and clopidogrel therapy on perioperative blood loss and blood transfusion requirements in off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting...
- Atrial fibrillation after cardiac surgery: does prophylactic therapy decrease adverse outcomes associated with atrial fibrillationRakesh Shrivastava
Department of Medicine, Cardiology Division, LSU Health Sciences Center, Shreveport Louisiana, USA
J Intensive Care Med 24:18-25. 2009....
- Use of lidocaine and fentanyl premedication for neuroprotective rapid sequence intubation in the emergency departmentNick Kuzak
R5 Emergency Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
CJEM 8:80-4. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the frequency with which neuroprotective agents were used for neuroprotective RSI in the emergency department...
- A comparison between oral antiarrhythmic drugs in the prevention of atrial fibrillation after cardiac surgery: the pilot study of prevention of postoperative atrial fibrillation (SPPAF), a randomized, placebo-controlled trialJohann Auer
Department of Cardiology, General Hospital Wels, Wels, Austria
Am Heart J 147:636-43. 2004..This pilot trial was designed to test whether each of the active oral drug regimens is superior to placebo for prevention of postoperative AF and whether there are differences in favor of 1 of the preventive strategies...
- Diclofenac premedication but not intra-articular ropivacaine alleviates pain following day-case knee arthroscopyP Rautoma
Department of Anesthesia, Helsinki City Hospital, Finland
Can J Anaesth 47:220-4. 2000..To compare the postoperative analgesic effects of 50 mg diclofenac p.o. before surgery and intra-articular ropivacaine injected after diagnostic day-case knee arthroscopy performed under spinal anesthesia...
- Preparation, premedication, and surveillanceM Lazzaroni
Gastrointestinal Unit, L Sacco University Hospital, Milan, Italy
Endoscopy 37:101-9. 2005..Further data therefore appear to be needed to assess whether or not BIS values can help avoid unnecessary propofol dosage and can replace continuous assessment of the ventilatory effort...
- Preferences for shared decision making in chronic pain patients compared with patients during a premedication visitC D Spies
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 50:1019-26. 2006..A chronic pain clinic or premedication visit could be adequate settings for the implementation of SDM...
- Pre-emptive analgesia and protective premedication. What is the difference?L Bromley
Centre for Anaesthesia, University College London, 4th Floor, Former Nurses Home, 74, Huntley Street, London WC1E 6AU, UK
Biomed Pharmacother 60:336-40. 2006..Neither gabapentin nor pregabalin are licensed for use in postoperative pain, and it is unlike that the manufacturers will seek such a licence...
- Steroid premedication markedly reduces liver and bone marrow toxicity of trabectedin in advanced sarcomaF Grosso
Cancer Medicine Dept, Adult Sarcoma Medical Oncology Unit, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Via G Venezian 1, 20133 Milano, Italy
Eur J Cancer 42:1484-90. 2006..The initial 23 patients (total number of courses administered: 68) did not receive premedication prior to trabectedin, while the other 31 patients (total number of courses administered: 134) received ..
- Effects of oral clonidine premedication on plasma glucose and lipid homeostasis associated with exogenous glucose infusion in childrenK Nishina
Department of Anesthesiology, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Anesthesiology 88:922-7. 1998..The effect of oral clonidine premedication on plasma glucose and lipid homeostasis associated with exogenous glucose infusion were investigated in ..
- Giving IV and oral amiodarone perioperatively for the prevention of postoperative atrial fibrillation in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery: the GAP studyJoshua Kerstein
Maimonides Medical Center, 953 49th St, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA
Chest 126:716-24. 2004..We studied the use of perioperative IV and oral administration of amiodarone for the prevention of postoperative atrial fibrillation in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG)...
- Effect of clopidogrel premedication in off-pump cardiac surgery: are we forfeiting the benefits of reduced hemorrhagic sequelae?Emmanouil I Kapetanakis
Department of Surgery, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010 2975, USA
Circulation 113:1667-74. 2006b>Premedication with clopidogrel has reduced thrombotic complications after percutaneous coronary revascularization procedures...
- [Comparison of premedication with clonidine and midazolam combined with TCI for orthopaedic shoulder surgery]O Grottke
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 38:772-80. 2003The most frequently used drugs for premedication are benzodiazepines and alpha (2)-adrenoceptor agonists...
- The efficacy of premedication with celecoxib and acetaminophen in preventing pain after otolaryngologic surgeryTijani Issioui
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 9068, USA
Anesth Analg 94:1188-93, table of contents. 2002..We conclude that oral premedication with a combination of acetaminophen (2000 mg) and celecoxib (200 mg) was highly effective in decreasing pain ..
- Oral clonidine premedication reduces minimum alveolar concentration of sevoflurane for tracheal intubation in childrenK Nishina
Department of Anesthesiology, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Anesthesiology 87:1324-7. 1997..The minimum alveolar concentration for tracheal intubation (MAC(TI)) of sevoflurane was assessed with and without N2O and clonidine premedication.
- Deep sedation for endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography: intravenous propofol alone versus intravenous propofol with oral midazolam premedicationG A Paspatis
Department of Gastroenterology, Benizelion General Hospital, Heraklion Crete, Greece
Endoscopy 40:308-13. 2008..The secondary objectives were to compare the two groups with regard to patient anxiety levels before the procedure, patient satisfaction, the recovery time, and the adverse events related to sedation...
- The effect of preoperative digitalis and atenolol combination on postoperative atrial fibrillation incidenceLevent Yazicioglu
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Ankara University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:397-401. 2002..This study was designed to compare the effects of preoperatively started digitalis and atenolol in combination and separately, on the incidence of AF that occurs within 7 days following the operation...
- Randomized trial of single agent paclitaxel given weekly versus every three weeks and with peroral versus intravenous steroid premedication to patients with ovarian cancer previously treated with platinumPer Rosenberg
Department of Gynecological Oncology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Oncol 41:418-24. 2002..and to assess the safety of intravenous steroids versus standard peroral premedication. Two hundred and eight patients with advanced ovarian cancer previously treated with no more than one platinum-..
- Premedication and infusion reactions with infliximab: results from a pediatric inflammatory bowel disease consortiumDouglas A Jacobstein
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 11:442-6. 2005..We studied the proportion of pediatric patients receiving infliximab for IBD that developed IRs and the potential effects of premedication on IR.
- Effect of dexmedetomidine premedication on the intraocular pressure changes after succinylcholine and intubationH A Mowafi
Department of Anaesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia
Br J Anaesth 100:485-9. 2008..No method has previously been shown to abolish completely this rise in the IOP. We investigated whether dexmedetomidine, an alpha-2 agonist, could attenuate this increase in the IOP after succinylcholine and intubation...
- Preparation, premedication and surveillanceM Lazzaroni
Department of Gastroenterology, L Sacco University Hospital, Milan, Italy
Endoscopy 35:103-11. 2003..The best and most cost-effective bowel cleansing procedure for colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy has yet to be established...
- Randomized trial of high loading dose of clopidogrel for reduction of periprocedural myocardial infarction in patients undergoing coronary intervention: results from the ARMYDA-2 (Antiplatelet therapy for Reduction of MYocardial Damage during Angioplasty)Giuseppe Patti
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, Campus Bio Medico University, Rome, Italy
Circulation 111:2099-106. 2005..Although observational data have suggested that pretreatment with a high loading dose of clopidogrel may be more effective than a conventional dose, this hypothesis has never been tested in a randomized trial...
- The efficacy of celecoxib premedication on postoperative pain and recovery times after ambulatory surgery: a dose-ranging studyAlejandro Recart
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390 9068, USA
Anesth Analg 96:1631-5, table of contents. 2003..double-blinded, placebo-controlled study, we compared oral celecoxib 200 mg to 400 mg when administered for premedication of outpatients undergoing minor ear-nose-throat surgery...
- Oral premedication for operations on the face under local anesthesia: a placebo-controlled double-blind trialG M Beer
Clinic for Hand, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Burn Center, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Plast Reconstr Surg 108:637-43. 2001Modern strategies for preventing or controlling pain and anxiety demand a premedication for operations using local anesthesia and for those using sedation or general anesthesia...
- Premedication with intravenous low-dose ketamine suppresses fentanyl-induced coughChun Chang Yeh
Department of Anesthesiology, Tri Service General Hospital and National Defense Medical Center, Neihu 114, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Clin Anesth 19:53-6. 2007..To evaluate the effect of low-dose ketamine on fentanyl-induced cough...
- Steal-induction after clonidine premedication: a comparison of the oral and nasal routeNicole Almenrader
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Paediatr Anaesth 17:230-4. 2007Clonidine premedication in children reliably provides preoperative sedation and anxiolysis, but onset of oral clonidine is known to be slow. Nasal clonidine has been shown to reach peak plasma levels within 10 min in rodents...
- Premedication with controlled-release oxycodone does not improve management of postoperative pain after day-case gynaecological laparoscopic surgeryR Jokela
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Br J Anaesth 98:255-60. 2007..We designed this randomized double-blinded placebo controlled study to evaluate the control of pain after premedication with CR oxycodone 15 mg in addition to ibuprofen 800 mg orally in day-case gynaecological laparoscopic surgery.
- Radiocontrast anaphylaxis with failure of premedicationD L Worthley
Clinical Immunology and Allergy Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Intern Med J 35:58-60. 2005..Challenge testing established allergy to both RCM and ceftriaxone. Premedication did not prevent recurrence of anaphylaxis on repeat challenge with RCM...
- Premedication with gabapentin: the effect on tourniquet pain and quality of intravenous regional anesthesiaAlparslan Turan
Department of Anaesthesiology, Trakya University, Turkey
Anesth Analg 104:97-101. 2007..We hypothesized that premedication with gabapentin would minimize tourniquet-related pain in patients receiving IV regional anesthesia (IVRA).
- Premedication during micturating cystourethrogram to achieve sedation and anxiolysisIpek Akil
Department of Pediatrics, Celal Bayar University School of Medicine, Manisa, Turkey
Pediatr Nephrol 20:1106-10. 2005..Sedation with midazolam does not have adverse effects on the results of micturating cystourethrogram, while it reduces the discomfort in children undergoing this radiological technique...
- Premedication with buccal midazolam in children and in adults with learning disabilitiesR K Bailie
Anaesthesia 62:535-6. 2007
- NICHD Coooperative Multicenter Neonatal Research NetworkNeil Norman Finer; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Premedication before intubation has been shown to provide pain relief, reduce the physiological effects of the procedure, and provide optimal intubating conditions...
- PHARMACOLOGY AND EFFICACY OF NOVEL TAXOL FORMULATIONSROBERT STRAUBINGER; Fiscal Year: 1999..i.p. for ovarian cancer). Prophylaxis against HSR involves slow drug infusion and premedication with antihistamines and glucocorticoids...
- Oral Care and Respiratory Pathogen ColonizationOzan Akca; Fiscal Year: 2004..Reducing respiratory pathogen colonization in the mouth could significantly reduce the morbidity and cost of VAP. ..
- PULMONARY C-NEURON HYPERSENSITIVITY:CELLULAR MECHANISMSLu Yuan Lee; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information may, therefore, help to develop new therapeutic strategies for alleviating the symptoms of bronchial hyperreactivity associated with airway mucosal inflammation. ..
- Chemosensitivity of Tachykinin-containing Lung AfferentsLu Yuan Lee; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results obtained from this study should provide critical information for gaining new insights into the mechanisms underlying the airway hyperresponsiveness induced by cationic proteins. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of TRPV1 in Airway Hypersensitivity Induced by InflammationLu Yuan Lee; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results obtained from these studies should bring a new insight into the pathogenesis and therapeutic strategy for alleviating the airway hypersensitivity. ..
- Oral Androgen Administration and Function in ManJOHN AMORY; Fiscal Year: 2008..Matsumoto M.D., Director, Clinical Research Unit VA-Puget Sound and Professor of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine will co-mentor this award. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oxidative Stress and Nitric Oxide in Aged MyocardiumROBERT LASLEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results obtained may lead to the development of new therapies for treating cardiovascular disease in the elderly. ..
- Medication Adherence in Adolescents with HypertensionRenee Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2005..effective assessment methods to identify risk factors for non-adherence and to improve long-term medication adherence in children and adolescents suffering from chronic renal diseases, such as hypertension or solid organ transplantation ..
- PALLIDAL PHYSIOLOGY IN HUMAN AND PRIMATE DYSTONIAPHILIP STARR; Fiscal Year: 2005..Development of an animal model in a large nonhuman primate will open the possibility for further detailed investigations of basal ganglia physiology in dystonia, beyond those which are possible during human surgery. ..
- Identifying Low-Risk Patients with Pulmonary EmbolismDrahomir Aujesky; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Opportunistic Oral HSV-- Mechanisms of ReactivationCraig Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Estrogen and Cognition Following IschemiaNOAH SANDSTROM; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Grape Seed Extract-Cardiac Impact and Drug InteractionSteven Bolling; Fiscal Year: 2005..Considering the increasing use of this botanical extract, improved knowledge of safety and efficacy is imperative. ..
- Phase II SBIR: WHI-07: A Novel Dual-Function MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Stampidine: A Novel Broad-Spectrum Anti-HIV MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific Aims 1 and 2 may provide the foundation for the clinical development of STAMP in Phase II studies as a safe, effective broad-spectrum anti-HIV microbicide without conception-inhibiting functions. ..
- Regulation of ENaC by Serine Proteases in AirwaysScott Donaldson; Fiscal Year: 2006..The PI's long term goals are to provide important new insights into the basic elements of airway defense, CF lung disease, and to bring these findings to the development of novel therapies for CF lung disease. ..
- Individualized Assessment and Treatment for AlcoholismMark Litt; Fiscal Year: 2007..These results would have implications for our delivery of treatment, and for the validity of coping skills training for alcohol addiction. ..
- Vanadocenes as a New Class of Spermicidal DrugsOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DEVELOPMENT OF OPIATE DEPENDENCE--NEURAL SUBSTRATESGERHARD SCHULTEIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..opioid dependence should provide information critical for prevention and treatment of opioid addiction, with particular emphasis on the role of acute dependence in the transition from casual drug use to loss of control and compulsive use ..
- Labeled Thymidine -- Development as A PET Imaging AgentAnthony Shields; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our ultimate goal is to demonstrate that this approach is useful in evaluating both experimental and routine clinical treatment. ..
- Behavioral state development in infantsMark Blumberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- TRPV1 Expressing Sensory Afferents in Postoperative PainTimothy Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2009..A separate pathway, likely an A-fiber mediated pathway, is sufficient to transmit the enhanced mechanical responses. ..
- Brief Focused Treatment for TMD: Mechanisms of ActionMark Litt; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL CONTRACEPTIVES WITH ANTI-HIV ACTIVITYOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..The preclinical data on in vivo efficacies of WHI-05 and WHI-07 will be essential to further explore the utility of these novel drugs for clinical studies in human patients. ..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF DRUG ADDICTIONCarrie Walters; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) Determine the role of CREB in the positive reinforcing properties of drugs of abuse with nicotine and alcohol. ..
- Inducing Immune Tolerance with Receptor Modified T CellsTerrence Geiger; Fiscal Year: 2003..Together this information will provide a starting point for the application of GM-TCs to human immunologic conditions. ..
- METALLOPROTEINASES IN VENTILATOR-INDUCED LUNG INJURYHussein Foda; Fiscal Year: 2003..By better understanding the mechanisms that lead to ventilator-induced lung injury, therapeutic strategies may be devised to improve the outcome in this highly fatal condition. ..
- PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR RESEARCH CENTERSusan Blaney; Fiscal Year: 2003..It offers leadership in the development of new agents, in new uses of sophisticated radiotherapy, and in the application of new approaches to brain tumor therapy. ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The grant will also allow for continuation of meritorious pilot protocols and will allow GCC to monitor and collect data which will produce mutual benefit to the GCC and CALGB. ..
- PHASE I TRIALS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PET IMAGING OF DRUG KINETICS AND PATHWAYSAnthony Shields; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our proposed study of [F-18]FAU with PET will provide information on the biodistribution of this new therapeutic agent and may provide a way to image tumor TS activity and proliferation. ..
- FLP-102: Rationally Engineered Antiviral ProteinOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..The preclinical data on FLP-102 will be essential to further explore the utility of this novel recombinant PAP mutant for Phase II. ..
- CARDIOVASCULAR CONCOMITANTS OF ULTRASONIC VOCALIZATIONSMark Blumberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..Through these approaches, an integrated view of the varied mechanisms by which infant and adult mammals regulate cardiovascular function during physiological and behavioral challenges will emerge. ..
- Increased Access to Emergency Contraceptive PillsElizabeth Raymond; Fiscal Year: 2004..These secondary analyses should help explain the primary biologic outcomes and should be useful in the development of counseling messages and service protocols in the future. ..
- METVAN: A Novel Anticancer AgentOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..The knowledge gained from these studies described under Specific Aims 1-2 is expected to facilitate the design of innovative treatment regimens employing METVAN for metastatic breast cancer and brain tumor patients. ..
- OPIOID HIBERNATION FACTORS FOR MYOCARDIAL PROTECTIONSteven Bolling; Fiscal Year: 2002..The ability of the delta opioids to effect myocardial protection suggests that the use of these molecules may be valuable in many clinical scenarios resulting in ischemia. ..
- PHI-443: Novel Non-Spermicidal Anti-HIV MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aims 1 and 2 may provide the foundation for the clinical development of PHI-443 in Phase II studies as a safe, effective broad-spectrum anti-HIV microbicide without conception-inhibiting functions. ..
- Withdrawl Kindling in Early Neuroadaptation to EthanolGERHARD SCHULTEIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- AGING AND PERIOPERATIVE OUTCOMESJACQUELINE LEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that our studies will provide important results contributing ultimately to the improvement of perioperative outcomes in geriatric patients. ..
- IMAGE REPRESENTATION IN THE PRIMARY VISUAL CORTEXAllan Gottschalk; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, this material provides an important quantitative link between biologic and synthetic methods of image representation. ..
- SPECIAL POPULATIONS NETWORK FOR CANCER CONTROLEdith Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- THERAPEUTIC POTENTIAL OF KAPPA-OPIOIDS AGAINST COCAINESharon Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies are relevant to the treatment of cocaine abuse and may lead to the development of an effective pharmacotherapy, thereby, reducing the HIV and other health risks associated with cocaine abuse and intravenous drug abuse. ..
- Effect of Drugs on Myocardial HypoxiaGarrett Gross; Fiscal Year: 2009..Information gained from these studies will hopefully lead to new therapies to treat patients with ischemic heart disease. ..
- Genital Ulcer Disease and HIV TransmissionJeanne Sheffield; Fiscal Year: 2005..The pursuit of these aims will further elucidate the cellular and molecular bases of the interrelationship between GUD and HIV-1 transmission, particularly in women. ..
- Factors in Drug DependenceSharon Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction in the ElderlyTerri Monk; Fiscal Year: 2004..Given the breadth of my proposed training program, I will be able to interact with and serve as a mentor for anesthesiologists and also the broader corpus of scientists, both clinical and basic, interested in aging and neuroscience. ..
- TZD Treatment of Cocaine ToxicityGuy Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will also establish an isolated heart model to study the potential for clinical application of TZDs to treat acute cocaine cardiac toxicity. ..
- SCALING THE REINFORCING VALUE OF CIGARETTE SMOKEJed Rose; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results will lead to a better understanding of the role of pharmacologic and sensory/behavioral cues in nicotine addiction and smoking cessation. ..
- Effects of self-administered MDMA on brain and behavior in rhesus monkeysWilliam Fantegrossi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, these studies are likely to be more relevant to the potential human condition of MDMA-induced lasting neurochemical alterations and behavioral changes [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PHI 346: A Novel Dual-Function MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..Following successful completion of the Phase I in vivo efficacy studies, gel formulation of PHI-346 will be further explored as a vaginal dual-function microbicide in Phase II. ..
- New Neural Targets for Opioid Use Disorders: Human StudiesSharon L Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, these studies, conducted in healthy humans, will provide fundamental information regarding the potential for this system as a target for development of new treatment agents for opioid use disorders. ..
- Evaluation of Novel Treatments for Stimulant DependenceSharon Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Evaluation of Atomoxetine for Cocaine Dependence: A Pilot TrialSharon Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will provide preliminary safety and efficacy data on the potential utility of atomoxetine and determine whether a larger-scale evaluation is warranted. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treatment of Endometriosis with NA vs GnRH AgonistOzgul Muneyyirci Delale; Fiscal Year: 2008..The objectives will be compared between the group at 12, 24 and 52 weeks of treatment and at 6 month intervals during the follow-up period. ..