Genomes and Genes
Summary: A solution or compound that is introduced into the RECTUM with the purpose of cleansing the COLON or for diagnostic procedures.
Publications323 found, 100 shown here
- Morbid hypocalcemia associated with phosphate enema in a six-week-old infantD M Walton
Department of Neonatology, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Pediatrics 106:E37. 2000..During the first week of admission, the infant's mother reported that she had administered a full pediatric Fleets enema (CB Fleet Company Inc, Lynchburg, VA) to him. The infant was discharged after 12 days of hospitalization...
- An enema formulation of alicaforsen, an antisense inhibitor of intercellular adhesion molecule-1, in the treatment of chronic, unremitting pouchitisP Miner
Oklahoma Foundation for Digestive Research, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 19:281-6. 2004..Two-thirds of pouchitis patients suffer recurrence. Of those who recur, one-quarter suffer from chronic, unremitting pouchitis. Current treatments for this disorder are disappointing...
- Patient acceptability of CT colonography compared with double contrast barium enema: results from a multicentre randomised controlled trial of symptomatic patientsChristian von Wagner
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, London, UK
Eur Radiol 21:2046-55. 2011To determine patient acceptability of barium enema (BE) or CT colonography (CTC).
- Metronidazole in the treatment of chronic radiation proctitis: clinical trialJ Cavcic
Department of Surgery, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Kispaticeva 12, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 41:314-8. 2000To evaluate the effectiveness of metronidazole in combination with corticosteroids in enema and mesalazine (5-aminosalicylic acid) in comparison with the same protocol without metronidazole in the treatment of chronic radiation proctitis.
- Lymphogranuloma venereum proctitis in men who have sex with men is associated with anal enema use and high-risk behaviorHenry J C de Vries
STI Outpatient Clinic, Cluster Infectious Diseases, Public Health Service Amsterdam The Netherlands
Sex Transm Dis 35:203-8. 2008..In the industrialized world, lymphogranuloma venereum proctitis (LGVP) has been reported only in men who have sex with men. Factors responsible for the outbreak remain to be elucidated...
- Randomised clinical trial: the effectiveness of Lactobacillus reuteri ATCC 55730 rectal enema in children with active distal ulcerative colitisS Oliva
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Liver Unit, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 35:327-34. 2012..Intestinal microbiota manipulation, one of the pathogenetic components of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), has become an attractive therapy for ulcerative colitis (UC)...
- Utility of contrast enema for detecting anastomotic strictures after total proctocolectomy and ileal pouch-anal anastomosisDavid Dolinsky
Department of Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:25-9. 2007....
- Three-year surveillance of intussusception in children in SwitzerlandMichael Buettcher
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University Children s Hospital Basel, PO Box 4005, Basel, Switzerland
Pediatrics 120:473-80. 2007..We attempted to obtain baseline data on the incidence of intussusception and its association with gastroenteritis in a cross-sectional observational study in children...
- Patient experiences of colonoscopy, barium enema and CT colonography: a qualitative studyC von Wagner
Cancer Research UK Health Behavior Unit, UCL, London, UK
Br J Radiol 82:13-9. 2009..Following ethical permission, 16 patients undergoing CTC, 18 undergoing colonoscopy and 15 undergoing barium enema agreed to a semi-structured interview by a health psychologist...
- Correction of hypocalcemia allows optimal recruitment of FGF-23-dependent phosphaturic mechanisms in acute hyperphosphatemia post-phosphate enemaCarolina Gracia-Iguacel
IIS Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Unidad de Dialisis, Avd Reyes Católicos 2, 28040, Madrid, Spain
J Bone Miner Metab 31:703-7. 2013..We believe this the first human report suggesting blunting of the FGF23 response to high phosphate by severe hypocalcemia. ..
- Safety and effectiveness of large-volume enema solutionsMarilee Schmelzer
The University of Texas at Arlington School of Nursing, 76019, USA
Appl Nurs Res 17:265-74. 2004The effectiveness and side effects of three types of enema solutions were compared in healthy subjects...
- Air enema for intussusception: is predicting the outcome important?P Ramachandran
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Kanchi Kamakoti Child s Trust Hospital, 12 A, Nageswara Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600034, India
Pediatr Surg Int 24:311-3. 2008Air enema is the treatment of choice for childhood intussusceptions. Although peritonitis is the established contraindication, studies have attempted to identify factors that affect the outcome of air enema...
- Colonoscopy can miss diverticula of the left colon identified by barium enemaRyota Niikura
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, National Center for Global Health and Medicine, Shinjuku, Tokyo 162 8655, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 19:2362-7. 2013To identify the diagnostic value of colonoscopy for diverticulosis as determined by barium enema.
- Computed tomographic colonography versus barium enema for diagnosis of colorectal cancer or large polyps in symptomatic patients (SIGGAR): a multicentre randomised trialSteve Halligan
University College London, Centre for Medical Imaging, Podium Level 2, 235 Euston Road, London NW1 2BU, UK
Lancet 381:1185-93. 2013Barium enema (BE) is widely available for diagnosis of colorectal cancer despite concerns about its accuracy and acceptability. Computed tomographic colonography (CTC) might be a more sensitive and acceptable alternative...
- After the honeymoon comes divorce: long-term use of the antegrade continence enema procedureIain E Yardley
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Alder Hey Children s Hospital, Liverpool, UK
J Pediatr Surg 44:1274-6; discussion 1276-7. 2009Having reported that 18% of children discontinue use of the antegrade continence enema (ACE) after 5 years, we aimed to determine long-term use after an ACE procedure.
- Malone antegrade continence enema (MACE) for fecal incontinence in imperforate anus improves quality of lifeKelly D Mattix
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Riley Hospital for Children, 545 N Barnhill Dr EH202, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Pediatr Surg Int 23:1175-7. 2007..All patients and parents interviewed reported an improvement in their QOL following the MACE. This procedure should be offered to children with IA with the expectation of significant improvement in QOL...
- Interstitial glycerol increase in microdialysis after glycerol enemaJan Gliemroth
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical University Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538, Lubeck, Germany
J Clin Neurosci 11:53-6. 2004..Four patients received a glycerol enema for therapy of a paralytic ileus...
- The contrast enema for Hirschsprung disease: predictors of a false-positive resultIvan R Diamond
Division of General Surgery, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
J Pediatr Surg 42:792-5. 2007To examine predictors of a false-positive (FP) result on contrast enema (CE) for the diagnosis of Hirschsprung disease (HD).
- Rates of new or missed colorectal cancer after barium enema and their risk factors: a population-based studyJonathan Toma
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 103:3142-8. 2008Double-contrast barium enema (DCBE) is widely used in clinical practice to detect colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Treatment of inflammatory bowel disease with Chinese drugs administered by both oral intake and retention enemaXiao hua Ling
Department of Digestive Diseases, The 4th Hospital Affiliated to Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Chin J Integr Med 16:222-8. 2010To study the clinical effect of Chinese drugs administered by both oral intake and retention enema on inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD).
- Does the transition zone reliably delineate aganglionic bowel in Hirschsprung's disease?Douglas H Jamieson
Department of Radiology, BCCH, 4480 Oak Street, V6H 3V4, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Pediatr Radiol 34:811-5. 2004..Knowledge of the extent of aganglionic bowel is important for preoperative planning of trans-anal surgery in patients with Hirschsprung's disease (HD)...
- The antegrade continence enema successfully treats idiopathic slow-transit constipationSebastian K King
Department of General Surgery, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne 3050, Australia
J Pediatr Surg 40:1935-40. 2005..We studied the long-term efficacy of ACE in a large group of patients with idiopathic slow-transit constipation (STC)...
- Comparison of transvaginal sonography and double-contrast barium enema for diagnosing deep infiltrating endometriosis of the posterior compartmentL Savelli
Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 38:466-71. 2011To compare the diagnostic accuracy of transvaginal sonography (TVS) and double-contrast barium enema (DCBE) in the preoperative detection of deep infiltrating endometriosis (DIE) of the posterior compartment.
- Ozone enema: a model of microscopic colitis in ratsR Eliakim
Department of Medicine, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Dig Dis Sci 46:2515-20. 2001..Our aim was to examine the effect of ozone water enema on normal and inflamed rat colonic mucosa...
- Ultrasound-guided hydrostatic reduction of intussusceptions by saline enema: a review of 5218 cases in 17 yearsYu Zuo Bai
Department of Pediatric Surgery, 2nd Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, No 36 Sanhao St, Heping District, Shenyang 110004, PRC
Am J Surg 192:273-5. 2006The aim of this study was to evaluate the results of ultrasound (US)-guided hydrostatic reduction (UGSED) of intussusceptions in pediatric patients by saline enema.
- CT air-contrast enema as a preoperative examination for colorectal cancerKoichi Nagata
Digestive Disease Center, Showa University Northern Yokohama Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Dig Surg 21:352-8. 2004We conducted a study on three-dimensional computed tomography (CT) images, in particular CT air-contrast enema (CT enema), using multidetector-row CT (MDCT), to see whether CT enema is useful as a preoperative examination for colorectal ..
- The Malone antegrade continence enema procedure: the Amsterdam experienceLisette T Hoekstra
Pediatric Surgical Center of Amsterdam, Emma Children s Hospital AMC, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam 1105 AZ, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Surg 46:1603-8. 2011The Malone antegrade continence enema (MACE) procedure has been previously described as a safe and effective option for the treatment of children with chronic defecation disorders when maximal medical therapy and conventional treatment ..
- Barium enema: diagnosis and an unusual discovery. Multiple tablets of Adalat LA 30A Shaw
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Derby City General Hospital, Derby DE22 3NE, UK
Gut 57:827, 849. 2008
- [Coffee enema induced acute colitis]Chang Jung Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Daerim Saint Mary Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 52:251-4. 2008Rectal enema used for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes infrequently causes colitis. In medical practice, enemas are known to incidentally bring about colitis by mechanical, thermal, or direct chemical injuries...
- Long-term results of antegrade colonic enema in adult patients: assessment of functional resultsJ Worsøe
Department of Surgery P, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Dis Colon Rectum 51:1523-8. 2008This retrospective study reviewed long-term results in a large group of adult patients treated with antegrade colonic enema and antegrade colonic enema combined with a colostomy.
- Non-laxative CT colonography with barium-based faecal tagging: is additional phosphate enema beneficial and well tolerated?W Davis
Department of Specialist Radiology, University College Hospital, London, UK
Br J Radiol 84:120-5. 2011The purpose of this study was to investigate the efficacy and tolerance of an additional phosphate enema prior to non-laxative CT colonography (CTC).
- Detection of colorectal tumors with water enema-multidetector row computed tomographyPhilippe Soyer
Department of Abdominal Imaging, Hopital Lariboisiere, AP HP, 2 rue Ambroise Pare, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Abdom Imaging 37:1092-100. 2012To retrospectively determine the diagnostic capabilities of water enema-multidetector row computed tomography (WE-MDCT) in the detection of colorectal tumors.
- Barium enema evaluation of colonic involvement in endometriosisNiccolo Faccioli
Department of Radiology, University of Verona, Policlinico G B Rossi, Piazzale Scuro 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:1050-4. 2008The purpose of our study was to define the role of double-contrast barium enema (DCBE) compared with laparoscopy in the diagnosis and local staging of intestinal endometriosis.
- Assessment of water enema computed tomography: an effective imaging technique for the diagnosis of colon cancer: Colon cancer: computed tomography using a water enemaCatherine Ridereau-Zins
Departement de Radiologie, CHU Angers, 4, rue Larrey, Angers Cedex 09, 49933, France
Abdom Imaging 35:407-13. 2010The aim of this study was to assess the accuracy of water enema computed tomography (WECT) for the diagnosis of colon cancer.
- Colonic giant migrating contractions induced by glycerol enema in anesthetized ratsA Tomaru
Department of Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Research Laboratories, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co, Ltd, Shizuoka, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 63:525-8. 1993..v.) or clonidine (30 micrograms/kg, i.v.); and they were almost entirely suppressed by atropine (3 mg/kg, i.v.), suggesting the principal involvement of the cholinergic neural pathway...
- Septic shock in an elderly patient on dialysis: enema-induced rectal injury confusing the clinical pictureRavi K Bobba
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:2144. 2004
- Double-contrast barium enema: use in practice and implications for CT colonographyJoseph T Ferrucci
Department of Radiology, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, 88 East Newton, Atrium 2, Boston, MA 02118, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:170-3. 2006..This study examines the use and yield of double-contrast barium enemas (DCBEs) for colorectal polyp detection in current clinical practice outside the research setting...
- Triple colon cancer successfully demonstrated by CT air-contrast enemaKoichi Nagata
Digestive Disease Center, Showa University Northern Yokohama Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Dig Surg 21:10-1. 2004
- Evaluation of a radiographer-provided barium enema serviceR L Law
Department of Radiology, Frenchay Hospital, North Bristol NHS Trust, Bristol, UK
Colorectal Dis 10:394-6. 2008..Radiographers performed and reported 5516 double contrast barium enemas (RDCBEs) over 4 years to October 2001. This study was undertaken to assess the accuracy of RDCBE and the sensitivity for diagnosing colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Perforations of the rectosigmoid colon induced by cleansing enema: CT findings in 14 patientsG Gayer
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Sheba Medical Center affiliated to the Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Abdom Imaging 27:453-7. 2002We report the computed tomographic (CT) features of colorectal perforations caused by cleansing enema.
- Critical analysis of the performance of double-contrast barium enema for detecting colorectal polyps > or = 6 mm in the era of CT colonographyJacob Sosna
Department of Radiology, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, POB 12000, Jerusalem, Israel
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:374-85. 2008The purpose of our study was to perform a meta-analysis comparing the performance of double-contrast barium enema (DCBE) with CT colonography (CTC) for the detection of colorectal polyps > or = 6 mm using endoscopy as the gold standard.
- Rectal perforations and fistulae secondary to a glycerin enema: closure by over-the-scope-clipHirohito Mori
Department of Gastroenterology and Neurology, Kagawa Medical University School of Medicine, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 18:3177-80. 2012..Our two cases are the first reports of the successful endoscopic closure of fistulae using double OTSCs after endoscopic lavage of the debris and an abscess of the rectum secondary to a GE...
- Double-contrast barium enema examination techniqueS E Rubesin
Department of Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Radiology 215:642-50. 2000This review article presents the principles for performing a safe, comfortable, and accurate double-contrast barium enema examination...
- Extreme hyperphosphatemia and hypocalcemic coma associated with phosphate enemaHeng Jung Hsu
Department of Nephrology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Keelung, Taiwan
Intern Med 47:643-6. 2008Fleet enema (sodium phosphate, C.B. Fleet Co., Inc., Lynchburg, Virginia) is widely used for bowel preparation or constipation relief in the hospital and over the counter...
- Result of air enema reduction in 737 cases of intussusceptionAnchalee Kruatrachue
Department of Radiology, Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health, College of Medicine, Rangsit University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 94:S22-6. 2011To show the success of air enema reduction for intussusception at Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health, a tertiary center for children in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Antioxidant effects after coffee enema or oral coffee consumption in healthy Thai male volunteersS Teekachunhatean
Department of Pharmacology, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Hum Exp Toxicol 31:643-51. 2012..two-phase crossover study to investigate the antioxidant effects after single and multiple doses of a coffee enema versus coffee consumed orally...
- Predictors of failed enema reduction in childhood intussusceptionFrankie B Fike
The Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Pediatr Surg 47:925-7. 2012Initial management of intussusception is enema reduction. Data are scarce on predicting which patients are unlikely to have a successful reduction. Therefore, we reviewed our experience to identify factors predictive of enema failure.
- Management of hypophosphatemia in nocturnal hemodialysis with phosphate-containing enema: a technical studyWinnie S Su
Division of Nephrology, McMaster University and St Joseph s Healthcare, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Hemodial Int 15:219-25. 2011..predictable final dialysate phosphate concentrations could be achieved by adding varying amounts of Fleet® enema. Second, we assessed the stability of calcium (Ca) and phosphate dialysate levels under simulated nocturnal ..
- Extensive calcifications induced by hyperphosphataemia caused by phosphate-based enema in a patient after kidney transplantationJens Eckstein
Division of Transplantation Immunology and Nephrology, Department of Anesthesia, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:2013-6. 2006
- Routine use of gastrograffin enema prior to the reversal of a loop ileostomyG Khair
Academic Surgical Unit, Castle Hill Hospital, Cottingham, Hull, UK
Dig Surg 24:338-41. 2007..The use of gastrograffin enema to confirm the anastomotic integrity prior to ileostomy closure is still controversial...
- A phase II dose ranging, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of alicaforsen enema in subjects with acute exacerbation of mild to moderate left-sided ulcerative colitisS J H van Deventer
Academisch Medisch Centrum, Poli Inglammatoire Darmzietkten, Meibergdreef, Amsterdam Ziodoost, The Netherlands
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 23:1415-25. 2006Alicaforsen is an antisense oligonucleotide designed to inhibit expression of human intercellular adhesion molecule 1. Previous clinical studies have demonstrated activity of alicaforsen enema in ulcerative colitis and pouchitis.
- Minimizing antipsychotic medication obviated the need for enema against severe constipation leading to paralytic ileus: a case reportT Suzuki
Department of Neuro Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Pharm Ther 32:525-7. 2007..To report the usefulness of antipsychotic dose-reduction for avoiding paralytic ileus in a patient with chronic schizophrenia and comorbid dementia...
- Mesalamine foam enema versus mesalamine liquid enema in active left-sided ulcerative colitisAntoine Cortot
Gastroenterologie, Hopital Claude Huriez, Lille, France
Am J Gastroenterol 103:3106-14. 2008To determine in a noninferiority study whether mesalamine foam is as effective as mesalamine liquid enema for inducing clinical remission in patients with active left-sided ulcerative colitis (UC).
- Meta-analysis comparing CT colonography, air contrast barium enema, and colonoscopyAlan S Rosman
Section of Gastroenterology and Medicine Program, James J Peters VA Medical Center and Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10468, USA
Am J Med 120:203-210.e4. 2007..Published studies have reported a wide range of sensitivities and specificities for computed tomographic (CT) colonography for polyp detection, generating controversy regarding its diagnostic accuracy...
- CT colonography versus double-contrast barium enema for screening of colorectal cancer: comparison of radiation burdenEmanuele Neri
Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Pisa, Via Paradisa, 2, 56100, Pisa, Italy
Abdom Imaging 35:596-601. 2010..CT colonography (CTC) protocol for colorectal cancer screening with that delivered by double-contrast barium enema (DCBE)...
- Colon cancer: comprehensive evaluation with 64-section CT colonography using water enema as intraluminal contrast agent-a pictorial reviewPhilippe Soyer
Department of Abdominal Imaging, Hôpital Lariboisière APHP, Paris, France
Clin Imaging 36:113-25. 2012Sixty-four-section CT colonography with water enema combines intracolonic neutral contrast agent with high-resolution CT images of the abdomen. Owing to submillimeter isotropic voxels, high-quality reformatted images are obtained...
- National audit of the sensitivity of double-contrast barium enema for colorectal carcinoma, using control charts For the Royal College of Radiologists Clinical Radiology Audit Sub-CommitteeD J Tawn
Clinical Radiology Audit Sub Committee, Royal College of Radiologists, London, UK
Clin Radiol 60:558-64. 2005To audit the sensitivity of double-contrast barium enema (DCBE) for colorectal carcinoma, as currently practised in UK departments of radiology.
- A comparison of colonoscopy and double-contrast barium enema for surveillance after polypectomy. National Polyp Study Work GroupS J Winawer
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
N Engl J Med 342:1766-72. 2000After patients have undergone colonoscopic polypectomy, it is uncertain whether colonoscopic examination or a barium enema is the better method of surveillance.
- Combined oral and enema treatment with Pentasa (mesalazine) is superior to oral therapy alone in patients with extensive mild/moderate active ulcerative colitis: a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled studyP Marteau
Gastroenterology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 rue Leblanc, 75908 Paris Cedex 15, France
Gut 54:960-5. 2005..relate to disease activity in the distal part of the colon and therefore this study was designed to investigate if adding a mesalazine enema to oral mesalazine has additional benefit for patients with extensive mild/moderate active UC.
- Therapeutic barium enema for bleeding colonic diverticula: four case series and review of the literatureJun ichi Iwamoto
Department of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Medical University Kasumigaura Hospital, Ibaraki 300 0395, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 14:6413-7. 2008..and persistent bleeding of colonic diverticular disease that could be treated with a high concentration barium enema. These four cases showed a similar pattern of bleeding whose source could not be identified...
- Intussusception associated with bacterial meningitisE Crushell
Department of Paediatrics, Sligo General Hospital, Ireland
Arch Dis Child 85:56-7. 2001..Intussusception was confirmed, and reduction was achieved by enema in both cases. Recovery was slow, and one infant developed a seizure...
- Comparative absorption of 5-aminosalicylic acid (5-ASA) after administration of a 5-ASA enema and salazosulfapyridine (SASP) after an SASP suppository in Japanese volunteersKenji Tokui
Department of Pharmacy, Nagoya Daini Red Cross Hospital, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 25:264-7. 2002..In the present study, we prepared suppositories containing 6.5 mmol of SASP and an enema containing 6.5 mmol of 5-ASA...
- Preoperative double-contrast barium enema in patients with suspected intestinal endometriosisStefano Landi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ospedale Sacro Cuore, Negrar Verona Italy
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 11:223-8. 2004To assess the usefulness of double-contrast barium enema (DCBE) in the diagnosis of endometriotic lesions of the bowel and to define its potential value in preoperative decision making for intestinal surgery.
- Diminishing role of contrast enema in simple meconium ileusDaniel R Copeland
Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock, AR 72202 3591, USA
J Pediatr Surg 44:2130-2. 2009Contrast enema is the initial study of choice for simple meconium ileus to confirm diagnosis and to relieve obstruction...
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy plus air contrast barium enema versus colonoscopy for suspected lower gastrointestinal bleedingD K Rex
Department of Medicine, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis
Gastroenterology 98:855-61. 1990..greater than or equal to 40 yr were randomized to undergo initial flexible sigmoidoscopy plus air contrast barium enema or colonoscopy; 332 completed the initial studies...
- Screening for colorectal cancer in adults at average risk: a summary of the evidence for the U.S. Preventive Services Task ForceMichael Pignone
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Department of Medicine and Cecil Sheps Center for Health Services Research, 5039 Old Clinic Building, CB 7110, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Ann Intern Med 137:132-41. 2002..To assess the effectiveness of different colorectal cancer screening tests for adults at average risk...
- Symptom-based approach to colorectal cancer: survey of primary care physicians in ItalyF Panzuto
Department of Digestive and Liver Disease, II School of Medicine, Sant Andrea Hospital, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 35:869-75. 2003..It is likely that most patients with colorectal cancer refer, first of all, to their primary care physician at onset of symptoms...
- The natural history of colorectal polyps and masses: rediscovered truths from the barium enema eraPerry J Pickhardt
Department of Radiology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, E3 311 Clinical Science Center, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792 3252, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:619-21. 2007
- [Traditional enema for newborns and infants in Bobo Dioulasso: health practice or socialisation]Pierre Huygens
Centre Muraz, BP 390, Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
Sante 12:357-62. 2002Kanki demonstrated a high prevalence and frequency of enema practised with newborns in the South-West of Burkina Faso...
- Cecal volvulus: a report of two cases occurring after the antegrade colonic enema procedureE R Kokoska
Section of Pediatric Surgery, J W Riley Hospital for Children, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Pediatr Surg 39:916-9; discussion 916-9. 2004Many children with chronic constipation and fecal incontinence have benefited from the antegrade colonic enema (ACE) procedure. Routine antegrade colonic lavage often allows such children to avoid daytime soiling...
- Recurrent colocolic intussusception in a child with hereditary angioneurotic edema: reduction by air enemaHenry A Pritzker
Department of Radiology Children s Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
J Pediatr Surg 39:1144-6. 2004..edema in a child presenting with recurrent episodes of colocolic intussusception, each successfully reduced by air enema. Although additional manifestations of vasogenic edema are potential risks of the procedure, these were not ..
- Tap-water enema for children with myelomeningocele and neurogenic bowel dysfunctionSven Mattsson
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Division of Paediatrics, Faculty of Health Sciences, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 95:369-74. 2006..To evaluate the outcome of transrectal irrigation (TRI) using clean tap water without salt in children with myelomeningocele and neurogenic bowel problems...
- Digital rectal examination compares favourably with conventional water-soluble contrast enema in the assessment of anastomotic healing after low rectal excision: a cohort studyChoong Leong Tang
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 168609, Singapore
Int J Colorectal Dis 20:262-6. 2005..low colorectal, colo-anal or ileo-pouch anal anastomosis is routinely performed with a water-soluble contrast enema (WSCE) prior to the reversal of the defunctioning stoma...
- [Enema therapy for ulcerative colitis patients]Ryuichi Furuta
Department of Therapeutic Medicine, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 63:845-9. 2005..Larger, controlled studies will be necessary to establish the roles of enema therapy in patients with distal colitis.
- Rebamipide enema therapy as a treatment for patients with active distal ulcerative colitisRyuichi Furuta
Department of Gastroenterology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:261-7. 2007..The aim of the present study was to assess the clinical efficacy and safety of a novel Rebamipide enema therapy in UC patients.
- Crohn's disease: a comparative prospective study of transabdominal ultrasonography, small intestine contrast ultrasonography, and small bowel enemaEmma Calabrese
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche, Universita La Sapienza, Roma, Italy
Inflamm Bowel Dis 11:139-45. 2005..bowel lesions in patients with proven Crohn's disease (CD) in comparison with transabdominal ultrasonography (TUS), and in relationship to the experience of the operator, using small bowel enema (SBE) as the "gold standard."
- Acceptance by patients of multidetector CT colonography compared with barium enema examinations, flexible sigmoidoscopy, and colonoscopyStuart A Taylor
Department of Intestinal Imaging, Intestinal Imaging Centre, Level 4V, St Mark s Hospital, Watford Rd, Northwick Park, London HA1 3UJ, United Kingdom
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:913-21. 2003..acceptance of multidetector CT colonography, total colonoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy, and double-contrast barium enema to ascertain any overall preference. SUBJECTS AND METHODS...
- Is mechanical bowel preparation mandatory for elective colon surgery? A prospective randomized studyEdward Ram
Division of General Surgery, Rabin Medical Center, Campus Golda, Petach Tikva Sackler Medical School, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Arch Surg 140:285-8. 2005..It was assumed that with the improvement in surgical technique together with the use of more effective prophylactic antibiotics, it was possible that MBP would no longer be necessary...
- Correlation between radiographic transition zone and level of aganglionosis in Hirschsprung's disease: Implications for surgical approachM L Proctor
Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr Surg 38:775-8. 2003The anticipated level of aganglionosis can influence the surgical approach to Hirschsprung's disease. The aim of this study was to determine the accuracy of the contrast enema in predicting this level.
- A randomised, controlled, double blind, escalating dose study of alicaforsen enema in active ulcerative colitisS J H van Deventer
Academisch Medisch Centrum, Room G2, 129, Poli Inglammatoire Darmzietkten, Meibergdreef 9, NL 1105 AZ, Amsterdam Ziodoost, The Netherlands
Gut 53:1646-51. 2004To evaluate the safety and efficacy of an enema formulation of alicaforsen, an antisense inhibitor of intercellular adhesion molecule, after 1, 3, and 6 months.
- Respiratory failure requiring extracorporeal membrane oxygenation after sodium phosphate enema intoxicationDavid B Everman
Greenwood Genetic Center, Greenwood, South Carolina, USA
Eur J Pediatr 162:517-9. 2003..We describe an unusual case of phosphate enema toxicity in a child that resulted in cardiopulmonary failure necessitating the use of extracorporeal membrane ..
- Patient preferences for colon cancer screening: the role of out-of-pocket costsMichael Pignone
Am J Manag Care 13:390-1. 2007
- Tap water irrigation and additives to optimize success with the Malone antegrade continence enema: the Indiana University algorithmAhmad H Bani-Hani
Division of Pediatric Urology, James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Urol 180:1757-60; discussion 1760. 2008We report the long-term effectiveness of standard tap water for Malone antegrade continence enema irrigation as well as our algorithm for managing refractory constipation/fecal incontinence in a large single institution experience.
- Air enema for diagnosis and reduction of intussusception: clinical experience and pressure correlatesW E Shiels
Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati
Radiology 181:169-72. 1991Air enema was used for exclusion, diagnosis, initial movement, and complete reduction of intussusception in 186 pediatric patients. Average pressure needed for initial movement of intussusception was 56...
- Severe hypothyroidism after contrast enema in premature infantsFanny Lombard
CHU de Montpellier, Service de Néonatologie Pédiatrie 2, Hopital A de Villeneuve, Montpellier, 34000, France
Eur J Pediatr 168:499-500. 2009..here a case of severe iatrogenic hypothyroidism with goiter and cholestasis, discovered six weeks after a contrast enema using sodium ioxitalamate, an iodinated contrast agent...
- Rectal administration of propylthiouracil in hyperthyroid patients: comparison of suspension enema and suppository formW Jongjaroenprasert
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Ramathidodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Thyroid 12:627-31. 2002..patients of both genders (ages 21 to 55 years) were randomly given the drug as follows: group 1 (n = 7), a single enema (400 mg of PTU in 90 mL of sterile water) and group 2 (n = 8), two suppositories of polyethylene glycol base (200 ..
- Enema-induced severe hyperphosphatemia in childrenAriane Biebl
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Linz, Austria
Eur J Pediatr 168:111-2. 2009..The accepted opinion-that these enemas are not absorbed and therefore systemically inactive-is not true. Physicians should be aware of the potentially lethal complications of this treatment, which is part of everyday clinical practice...
- Value of double-contrast barium enema performed immediately after incomplete colonoscopyA L Brown
Department of Radiology, McMaster University Medical Centre, 1200 Main St. W, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3Z5, Canada
AJR Am J Roentgenol 176:943-5. 2001..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the ease, completeness, and clinical utility of double-contrast barium enema (DCBE) performed immediately after incomplete colonoscopy...
- Sensitivity of double contrast barium enema and colonoscopy for the detection of colorectal neoplasmsG A Smith
University Department of Surgery, Western Infirmary, 44 Church Street, Glasgow G11 6NT Scotland, UK
Surg Endosc 15:649-52. 2001BACKGROUND: Double contrast barium enema (DCBE) is the examination carried out most frequently for investigation of patients with large bowel symptoms...
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic mitrofanoff appendicovesicostomy and antegrade continent enema colon tube creation in a pediatric spina bifida patientThomas S Lendvay
Division of Pediatric Urology, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 18:310-2. 2008..In this paper, we report the techniques of creating both an appendicovesicostomy and an antegrade continent enema colon tube in a 9-year-old female with a neurogenic bladder and bowel secondary to myelomeningocele.
- Analysis of air contrast barium enema, computed tomographic colonography, and colonoscopy: prospective comparisonD C Rockey
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Lancet 365:305-11. 2005The usefulness of currently available colon imaging tests, including air contrast barium enema (ACBE), computed tomographic colonography (CTC), and colonoscopy, to detect colon polyps and cancers is uncertain...
- Familial colonic varices--a cause of "polyposis" on barium enemaL Zaman
Department of Gastroenterology, Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, NG7 1PB, UK
Br J Radiol 81:e17-9. 2008A 61-year-old woman with diarrhoea had multiple filling defects on a barium enema and was assumed to have multiple colonic polyps. However, colonoscopy showed colonic varices and relatively few true polyps...
- Robot-assisted Mitrofanoff and Malone antegrade continence enema reconstruction using divided appendixAtul A Thakre
Pediatric Urology, Sterling Hospital, Ahmendabad, India
J Endourol 22:2393-6; discussion 2396. 2008..the combination of wetting and severe constipation, a Mitrofanoff conduit and a channel for antegrade continence enema is constructed using the appendix by open surgery...
- Single blind, randomised trial of efficacy and acceptability of oral picolax versus self administered phosphate enema in bowel preparation for flexible sigmoidoscopy screeningW S Atkin
Imperial Cancer Research Fund Colorectal Cancer Unit, St Mark s Hospital, Northwick Park, Harrow HA1 3UJ
BMJ 320:1504-8; discussion 1509. 2000To compare the acceptability and efficacy of two methods of self administered bowel preparation for flexible sigmoidoscopy screening: a single phosphate enema and a single sachet of Picolax.
- Patient and occupational dosimetry in double contrast barium enema examinationsG J Kemerink
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Maastricht, P Debijelaan 25, 6229 HX Maastricht, The Netherlands
Br J Radiol 74:420-8. 2001..total dose-area product (DAP) over a number of projections that model exposure during double contrast barium enema (DCBE) examinations...
- Anatomic significance of a positive barium enema in deep infiltrating endometriosis of the large bowelVincent Anaf
Department of Gynecology, Academic Hospital Erasme, Free University of Brussels ULB, 808, Route de Lennik, 1070, Brussels, Belgium
World J Surg 33:822-7. 2009The anatomopathological significance of a positive double-contrast barium enema (DCBE) for suspicion of deep infiltrating endometriosis of the large bowel was studied. This is a retrospective study of a prospective database.
- Comparison of the relative sensitivity of CT colonography and double-contrast barium enema for screen detection of colorectal polypsC Daniel Johnson
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:314-21. 2004..the relative sensitivity and specificity of computed tomography (CT) colonography with double-contrast barium enema (DCBE) for detection of colorectal polyps and to assess the added value of double reading at CT colonography, ..
- Iopamidol enema treatment for meconium obstruction of prematurity in extremely low-birth weight infants: a safe and effective methodTatsuo Nakaoka
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki, Okayama, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 25:273-6. 2009..We attempted to establish a method of primary treatment for MO of prematurity in ELBW infants...
- Safety and efficacy of two dose formulations of alicaforsen enema compared with mesalazine enema for treatment of mild to moderate left-sided ulcerative colitis: a randomized, double-blind, active-controlled trialP B Miner
Oklahoma Foundation for Digestive Research, Health Sciences Center, University of Oklahoma, OK, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 23:1403-13. 2006..Alicaforsen is an antisense oligonucleotide inhibitor of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 protein expression with activity in subjects with ulcerative colitis and pouchitis...
- Evaluation of colonic involvement in endometriosis: double-contrast barium enema vs. magnetic resonance imagingN Faccioli
Department of Radiology, G B Rossi Hospital, University of Verona, Piazzale Scuro 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
Abdom Imaging 35:414-21. 2010The purpose of the study was to compare the accuracy of double-contrast barium enema (DCBE) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in the diagnosis of intestinal endometriosis using the histological examination on resected specimen as ..
- Double contrast barium enema and colorectal carcinoma: sensitivity and potential role in screeningJ S Gillespie
Department of Radiology, Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast
Ulster Med J 70:15-8. 2001To establish the sensitivity of double contrast barium enema (DCBE) for detection of colorectal carcinoma in a tertiary referral centre and consider its possible role as a suitable imaging method in screening for this disease...
- Colorectoral cancer screening decisions in primary careJames Dolan; Fiscal Year: 2006..5 years, combined annual fecal occult blood tests and flexible sigmoidoscopy every 5 years, double contrast barium enema every 5 years, and colonoscopy every 10 years...
- Preclinical assay development of a novel Colon Cancer Marker (CCSA-4)JACK CLEMENS; Fiscal Year: 2007..detection of colon cancer, including fecal occult blood testing, flexible sigmoidoscopy, double contrast barium enema and colonoscopy...
- A MicroRNA Approach to Screen for Sporadic Colon Cancer Exfoliately in Human StooFarid E Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2010..sigmoidoscopy (16), CT colonography (virtual colonoscopy) (17), capsule endoscopy (18), double contrast barium enema (19), molecular DNA tests in stool and blood (20-25);however, none is optimal, and with poor rates in some ..
- In Viro Detection of Neoplasia in the Digestive TractThomas D Wang; Fiscal Year: 2012..the proof of concept of this novel imaging methodology for future applications that provide delivery via an enema. We have combined the strengths and resources from academia and industry to establish a world class team of ..
- Developing a reduced complexity model gut microbiome in the behavior model, DrosoWILLIAM LUDINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..use of fecal transplants, whereby the entire gut flora of a patient is replaced with a donor's stool using an enema. My aim is to use the keystone species concept as a strategy by which to perturb the gut flora without eliminating ..
- Mucus Penetrating Particles for Rectal MicrobicidesJUSTIN S HANES; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will deliver these MPP in both a rectal enema format and a rectal lubricant gel format since both formats are frequently used for enhancing rectal intercourse...
- Mucus Penetrating Particles for Rectal MicrobicidesJUSTIN S HANES; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will deliver these MPP in both a rectal enema format and a rectal lubricant gel format since both formats are frequently used for enhancing rectal intercourse...
- Increasing Colon Cancer Screening in Primary CareRonald Myers; Fiscal Year: 2004..Alternative CRC screening regimens that are recommended include having a barium enema X-ray (BE) at five- year intervals or a colonoscopy (CX) every 10 years...
- Increasing CRC Screening in Health Plan MembersKaren Glanz; Fiscal Year: 2007..obtain screening by one of several modalities (FOBT, sigmoidoscopy,colonoscopy,or double contrast barium enema). However, CRC screening remains substantially underutilized in the U.S...
- ENHANCING DIAGNOSTIC EVALUATION IN COLORECTAL CANCERRonald Myers; Fiscal Year: 1999..Experts consider CDE as either colonoscopy or double air-contrast barium enema x-ray (BE) with flexible sigmoidoscopy...
- SAFETY AND EFFECTIVENESS OF LARGE VOLUME ENEMA SOLUTIONSMarilee Schmelzer; Fiscal Year: 1999..The proposed study compares cleansing effectiveness and safety associated with three types of enema solutions: hypotonic, hypotonic with irritant, and isotonic polyethylene glycol electrolyte solution...
- CONTROL OF LARGE BOWEL CANCER FOLLOWING POLYPECTOMYSidney Winawer; Fiscal Year: 1991..questionnaire and fecal occult blood test, and at 6 years with a complete colonoscopy and double contrast barium enema; and implementation of a validated family history questionnaire...
- PREVENTION OF ALLERGIC RESPONSE TO LATEX RUBBERMELVIN KEYES; Fiscal Year: 1993..A number of deaths have been attributed to the allergic hypersensitivity of latex rubber inflatable enema cuffs...
- NON-FLUOROSCOPY TREATMENT OF INTUSSUSCEPTIONWeimin Shi; Fiscal Year: 1990..from investigator's abstract) The specific aim of the proposed work is to demonstrate and improve a safe air enema technique for non fluoroscopy treatment of intussusception in children and to develop a novel single-chip ..
- FLUOROSCOPIC DOSE REDUCTION USING IRIS CONTROLStephen Rudin; Fiscal Year: 1980..The study will emphasize the double contrast barium enema procedure where high quality images are not always necessary because almost all of the fluoroscopic patient ..
- MUCOSAL IL-1RA GENE TRANSFER IN INTESTINAL INFLAMMATIONTheresa Pizarro; Fiscal Year: 2000..The purpose of this specific aim is to test the hypothesis that transduction of gut mucosal cells, by retention enema delivery of a retrovirally-encoded anti-inflammatory gene (IL-1ra), may represent a potential therapeutic modality ..
- INCREASING ACCESS TO CLINICAL AND EDUCATIONAL STUDIESRonald Myers; Fiscal Year: 2004..In Phase 3, we will prepare and submit new research grant applications based on results from the pilot studies. ..
- Tailored Messaging in Colorectal Cancer ScreeningRonald Myers; Fiscal Year: 2005..Determine intervention impact on CRC screening utilization, 2. Determine intervention impact on screening decision stage, and 3. Determine intervention impact on patient perceptions about screening. ..
- A Primary-Care Based Colorectal Cancer Screening ProgramCynthia Ko; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, this program may be useful to other large primary care practices, and may also help to improve utilization of other types of cancer prevention services ..
- Epidemiology of hepatocellular carcinomaCynthia Ko; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Colonoscopy quality and outcomes in clinical practiceCynthia W Ko; Fiscal Year: 2010..The various algorithms we develop will be tested in a second, validation subset of our database to find the algorithm with optimal performance characteristics. ..
- The effect of physical activity on metabolic syndrome in pregnancy and fetal outcCynthia Ko; Fiscal Year: 2008..It may offer a safe and readily available method to control weight and improve infant health during and after pregnancy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epidemiology and Mechanisms of Fecal IncontinenceAdil Bharucha; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- WOMEN VETERANS AND BREAST CANCER SCREENINGSally Vernon; Fiscal Year: 2003..The infrastructure is in place to institutionalize the intervention should it prove to be effective. ..
- Regulation of Stellate Cell ContractilityDon Rockey; Fiscal Year: 2008..Physiologic endpoints will be an important focus. The proposed studies will shed light on the molecular basis of stellate cell contractility and moreover have direct relevance to human liver disease. ..
- Nitric Oxide and the LiverDon Rockey; Fiscal Year: 2003..The dates of the entire AASLD scientific meeting are November 3rd to November 5th. The participants will be invited speakers and attendees of the annual 2002 AASLD meeting. ..
- Role of prohibitin in intestinal inflammationARIANNE THEISS; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, studies on PHB will lead to a better understanding of inflammation-induced oxidative stress and may lead to novel therapies for intestinal inflammatory disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PATHOGENESIS OF HEPATIC FIBROSIS AND PORTAL HYPERTENSIONDon C Rockey; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies have direct relevance to human liver disease and will lead to new approaches for the treatment of hepatic fibrosis and portal hypertension as well as other forms of fibrosing injury. ..
- CLINICAL RESEARCH CURRICULUMDavid Ransohoff; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- EVALUATION OF CHD IN MEN AND WOMEN PRIOR TO FIRST AMIBarbara Yawn; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, we will provide specific information on current gender-related practice patterns. This information can be used to inform future practice recommendations. ..
- REGULATION OF INTESTINAL EPITHELIAL CHEMOKINE SECRETIONAndrew Gewirtz; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition to containing an extensive array of basic research equipment, this lab space contains a new thermostatted spectrofluorimeter to be used primarily by Dr. Gewirtz. ..
- PROSPECTIVE COMPARISON OF COLONIC IMAGING TESTDon Rockey; Fiscal Year: 2001..The most common tests used to image the colon include air contrast barium enema and colonoscopy, each of which is associated with its own sets of benefits and limitations...
- Tailored Interactive Intervention to Increase CRC ScreenSally Vernon; Fiscal Year: 2006..Telephone follow-up and medical record review will be conducted 6 months after delivery of the intervention to ascertain completion of CRCS. ..
- A Cancer Study Among Female Veterans in Texas, 1979-2001Sally Vernon; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research will further knowledge of the health needs of women veterans, serving to identify needed health services and to guide health policy, and will provide a basis for research agendas aimed at this growing occupational cohort. ..
- Screening and Family History Colorectal CancerRobert Fletcher; Fiscal Year: 2004..This developmental research will raise hypotheses about the causes of failure to recognize FH and begin timely screening and suggest potential solutions to be tested in subsequent research. ..
- CLINICAL RESEARCH CURRICULUMBRIAN STROM; Fiscal Year: 2004..I. and co-PI s in the three distinct aspects of Clinical Research targeted by this program represent particular features of this proposal. ..
- TRIP for postpartum depression (TRIPPD)Barbara Yawn; Fiscal Year: 2009..Equally importantly, it will provide information necessary to translate this evidence into 9eneral primary care practices. ..
- Colonoscopy Utilization in North CarolinaDavid Ransohoff; Fiscal Year: 2006..It may provide the basis to develop interventions to optimize the allocation of colonoscopy effort in programs of CRC screening and surveillance. ..
- Improving Colorectal Cancer Screening in Primary Care.Dewey Scheid; Fiscal Year: 2004..By applying best practices research methods and taking into account the barriers that each provider faces in their unique practice setting, we hope to find new ways to improve colorectal cancer screening. ..
- CORI: Consortium Expansion and Database EnhancementDavid Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Gene Expression in Barrett's EsophagusHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2006..We present preliminary data on microarray and RT-PCRanalyses on 5 patients with BE that suggest an overactive Wnt pathway: we have also assembled the essential components of a successful study using microarrays. ..
- GERIATRIC CLINICAL EPIDEMIOLOGY TRAINING GRANTSTEVEN HALBERT; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., clinical trials, case control, cohort research, etc.), and the faculties' commitment to collaborative research. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Behavior in the VA PopulatioDeborah Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ANORECTAL MANIFESTATIONS OF FEMALE PELVIC FLOOR DISORDERAdil Bharucha; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Screening for colortectal cancer in an Asian Community CenterDavid Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is a new paradigm for screening, which takes advantage of the trust and cultural awareness that exists at the community center and does not rely on the primary care provider. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DETERMINING/UNDERSTANDING BARRIERS TO ADULT IMMUNIZATIONRichard Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2001..This project will furnish relevant, up-to-date to enhance policy planning, practice management and medical education. ..
- Surveillance for Hepatocellular Carcinoma among HCV-infected VeteransHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2009..Evaluating the extent and patterns of HCC surveillance is crucial in understanding diffusion (and obstacles) of this practice and in designing interventions to improve the implementation of HCC surveillance. ..