Genomes and Genes
chinese traditional medicine
Summary: A system of traditional medicine which is based on the beliefs and practices of the Chinese culture.
Publications280 found, 100 shown here
- [Effect of Tongguan capsule on post-intervention patients of coronary heart disease with qi-deficiency and blood stasis syndrome]Jian Li
Second Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou University of TCM, Guangzhou
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 28:32-5. 2008..To observe the effect of Tongguan Capsule (TGC), a Chinese herbal preparation for supplementing qi and activating blood circulation, in patients after percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) with qi-deficiency and blood stasis syndrome...
- [A neglected master on integrative medicine: Wei-Ju ZHU]Wen Yue Jiang
Department of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, Health Science Center, Peking University, Beijing 100083, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 4:243-6. 2006..His thinking will provide valuable revelation for clinical practice and modern research on traditional Chinese medicine...
- [Study on pathogenesis of CCl4 induced cirrhosis formation in rats based on the recipe used]Yong ping Mu
Institute of Liver Disease, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 26:344-7. 2006....
- [Evaluation of therapeutic effects of Chinese materia medica by tongue image analysis software 1.0 based on tongue colors]Feng lan Zhu
Department of Internal Medicine, Taicang First People s Hospital, Taicang, Jiangsu Province 215400, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 4:152-5. 2006..0 based on tongue colors, and to discuss the feasibility of applying this computer science-based techniques into drug evaluation...
- [Corrections on medicinal resource of Gramineae in Guizhou province and Guiyang city]Min Huang
Department of Pharmacy, Guiyang College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:1814-6. 2005..To confirm the medicinal plants of Gramineae and their distribution in Guiyang city...
- Understanding ZHENG in traditional Chinese medicine in the context of neuro-endocrine-immune networkS Li
Bioinformatics Division, TNLIST, People s Republic of China
IET Syst Biol 1:51-60. 2007..These investigations demonstrate that the thousand-year-old concept of ZHENG may have a molecular basis with NEI as background...
- A 3D structure database of components from Chinese traditional medicinal herbsXuebin Qiao
College of Chemical and Molecular Engineering, Beida Yang ShengTang Joint Laboratory for Natural Product, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
J Chem Inf Comput Sci 42:481-9. 2002..We have tested it on the design of inhibitors of NS3-NS4A protease. Results show that the structure database of components extracted from Chinese medicinal herbs can be a rich source in searching the lead compound...
- Knowledge discovery in traditional Chinese medicine: state of the art and perspectivesYi Feng
AdvanCed Computing aNd sysTem CCNT Lab, College of Computer Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, PR China
Artif Intell Med 38:219-36. 2006..This paper aims at providing an overview of recent KDD studies in TCM field...
- Proteomic study of serum proteins in a type 2 diabetes mellitus rat model by Chinese traditional medicine Tianqi Jiangtang Capsule administrationShu Xiang Zhang
Pharmaceutical Research Institute of Chinese Medicine, Heilongjiang University of Chinese Medicine, No 24 Heping Road, Harbin, Heilongjiang, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 53:1011-4. 2010..the changes of serum proteins levels in type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) rat model after treated by Chinese traditional medicine Tianqi Jiangtang Capsule (ten normal Wistar rats, ten with T2DM and ten with T2DM administrated by ..
- Primary study on the application of Serum Pharmacology in Chinese traditional medicineWang Bochu
Key Laboratory for Biomechanics and Tissue Engineering under the State Ministry of Education, Bioengineering College, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400044, PR China
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 43:194-7. 2005..two main methods, which are Serum Pharmacology and Traditional Pharmacology, were adopted to study Chinese traditional medicine, such as Ginkgo biloba extract (GBE), ginsenosides (GS) and compound GG (GBE+GS), pharmacology in vitro...
- Asian medicine. The new face of traditional Chinese medicineDennis Normile
Science 299:188-90. 2003
- The ecology of health care in Hong KongGabriel M Leung
Department of Community Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Medicine Building, William MW Mong Block, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Soc Sci Med 61:577-90. 2005..Our results also indicate that the local community's care-seeking orientation still very much favors western allopathic medicine over traditional Chinese therapy, at least for acute illness episodes...
- Theory of traditional Chinese medicine and therapeutic method of diseasesAi Ping Lu
Institute of Basic Theory, China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100700, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:1854-6. 2004..This paper focuses on the exploration of the impact of theory of traditional Chinese medicine on the therapy of diseases in Western medicine...
- Traditional Chinese medicine database and application on the WebM He
Laboratory of Computer Chemistry, Institute of Chemical Metallurgy, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P O Box 353, Beijing 100080, China
J Chem Inf Comput Sci 41:273-7. 2001....
- Preparative isolation of bufalin and cinobufagin from Chinese traditional medicine ChanSuZhen Yang
National Pharmaceutical Research Center, Shanghai Institute of Pharmaceutical Industry, Shanghai, PR China
J Chromatogr Sci 46:81-5. 2008..for the isolation and purification of bufadienolides (resibufogenin, cinobufagin, and bufalin) from the Chinese traditional medicine ChanSu. The crude ChanSu extract is prepared with solvent refluxing under optimal conditions...
- Effects of different ingredients of zedoary on gene expression of HSC-T6 cellsYuan Jiang
Shenzhen Donghu Hospital, Shenzhen 518020, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:6780-6. 2005....
- Regulation of complementary/alternative medicine: a Canadian perspectiveH Boon
University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Complement Ther Med 10:14-9. 2002..naturopathic practitioners, acupuncture/TCM practitioners) are regulated in some provinces, but not others. Harmonization of regulations and scopes of practice for CAM practitioners across Canada is one of the biggest future challenges...
- Isolation of inulin-type oligosaccharides from Chinese traditional medicine: Morinda officinalis How and their characterization using ESI-MS/MSZhenmin Yang
CAS Key Laboratory of Separation Science for Analytical Chemistry, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian, PR China
J Sep Sci 33:120-5. 2010..However, with the increase of DP, the ions resulting from glycosidic cleavages between two sugar residues were predominant...
- The Chinese traditional medicine 'Bushen Yinao Pian' increased the level of ageing-related gene LRPAP-1 expression in the cerebral tissue of accelerated senescence-prone mouse 8/TaChong Zhang
The Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P O Box 2707, Beijing 100080, China
J Ethnopharmacol 98:61-5. 2005The molecular mechanism of the Chinese traditional medicine 'Bushen Yinao Pian' (a complex prescription used for clinical anti-ageing in China for over 20 years) is elusive...
- Comparison of high-speed counter-current chromatography and high-performance liquid chromatography on fingerprinting of Chinese traditional medicineMing Gu
National Key Laboratory of Biochemical Engineering, Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
J Chromatogr A 1022:139-44. 2004Active constituents of Chinese traditional medicine (CTM) are influenced by soils, climates, and growth stages. Therefore, fingerprint is important in quality control of CTM...
- A randomised placebo-controlled trial of a traditional Chinese herbal formula in the treatment of primary dysmenorrhoeaLan Lan Liang Yeh
Division of Clinical Research, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 2:e719. 2007..However, no specific effect had been systematically evaluated. We applied Western methodology to assess its effectiveness and safety for primary dysmenorrhoea and to evaluate the compliance and feasibility for a future trial...
- Studying traditional Chinese medicineTianhan Xue
Science 300:740-1. 2003
- Treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with Chinese herbal medicine: a randomized controlled trialA Bensoussan
Research Unit for Complementary Medicine, University of Western Sydney Macarthur, Campbelltown, New South Wales, Australia
JAMA 280:1585-9. 1998..Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common functional bowel disorder for which there is no reliable medical treatment...
- The utilization of traditional Chinese medicine and associated factors in Taiwan in 2002Chun chuan Shih
Graduate Institute of Chinese Medical Science, College of Chinese Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:1544-8. 2009..This study analyzes the utilization rate and the factors associated with the utilization of TCM in Taiwan...
- Cytotoxic activity of sesquiterpenoids from Atractylodes ovata on leukemia cell linesChing Chiung Wang
Graduate Institute of Pharmacognosy Science, Taipei Medical University, Taipei 110, Taiwan, ROC
Planta Med 68:204-8. 2002..As the above results suggested, atractylon and atractylenolide I were the major cytotoxic principle constituents of A. ovata on leukemia cell lines...
- Isolation and structure of five new cancer cell growth inhibitory bufadienolides from the Chinese traditional drug Ch'an SuT Nogawa
Faculty of Science, Kanagawa University, 2946 Tsuchiya, Hiratsuka, Kanagawa 259-1293, Japan
J Nat Prod 64:1148-52. 2001..Bufadienolides 1-5 provided significant inhibitory activity against the KB and HL-60 cancer cell lines. In addition, bufadienolide 1 was found active against the MH-60 cancer cell line...
- Factors associated with utilization of traditional Chinese medicine by white collar foreign workers living in TaiwanMaria Daly
Institute of Clinical and Community Health Nursing, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
BMC Health Serv Res 9:10. 2009..The objectives of this study were to investigate the prevalence and patterns of TCM use among non-Asian white-collar workers living in Taiwan, and examine factors likely to influence their use of TCM...
- Insurance covered and non-covered complementary and alternative medicine utilisation among adults in TaiwanShu Fang Shih
Center for Health Policy Research and Development, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan Town, Miaoli County, Taiwan
Soc Sci Med 67:1183-9. 2008..Our evidence suggests that future CAM research must delineate between use and frequency of use to better understand the underlying factors contributing to initiation and continuity of CAM use...
- Use frequency of traditional Chinese medicine in TaiwanFang Pey Chen
Center for Traditional Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei 112 Taiwan
BMC Health Serv Res 7:26. 2007..However, few informative data have been obtained to date by large-scale investigations of TCM use in the Chinese population. This study was aimed at elucidating the demographics and patterns of TCM use in Taiwan...
- Use of traditional medicine by immigrant Chinese patientsAmy P W Wu
Center for Education in Family and Community Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Mod H, Stanford, CA 94305 5408, USA
Fam Med 39:195-200. 2007..Knowledge of their use of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) is limited. A survey was conducted to determine their TCM use and to evaluate physician awareness of these practices...
- Herbal and complementary and alternative medicine therapies for liver disease. A focus on Chinese traditional medicine in hepatitis C virusM R Cohen
Cancer Research Institute, School of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, USA
Clin Liver Dis 5:461-78, vii. 2001..There is a special emphasis on traditional Chinese herbal medicine...
- Toxic heavy metals and undeclared drugs in Asian herbal medicinesEdzard Ernst
Dept of Complementary Medicine, School of Sport and Health Sciences, University of Exeter, UK
Trends Pharmacol Sci 23:136-9. 2002..However, the majority of the data is anecdotal and insufficient to define prevalence figures. Ways ought to be found to maximize consumer safety...
- Integrating Chinese traditional medicine into a U.S. public health paradigmJames Giordano
Clinical Research and Integrative Medicine Programs, Moody Health Center, TCC, Pasadena, TX, USA
J Altern Complement Med 10:706-10. 2004b>Chinese traditional medicine (CTM) is a health care system with an extensive history of practical clinical experience. The foundation of CTM, while relatively simple, is substantively different from much of allopathic medicine...
- Use of animal products in traditional Chinese medicine: environmental impact and health hazardsJ Still
Witkoppen, Johannesburg, South Africa
Complement Ther Med 11:118-22. 2003....
- A case of Bowen's disease and small-cell lung carcinoma: long-term consequences of chronic arsenic exposure in Chinese traditional medicineLinda Lee
University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Environ Health Perspect 113:207-10. 2005..features a 53-year-old lifetime nonsmoker with chronic asthma treated for 10 years in childhood with Chinese traditional medicine containing arsenic...
- A survey of Chinese herbal medicine intake amongst preoperative patients in Hong KongL A H Critchley
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
Anaesth Intensive Care 33:506-13. 2005..6) and use ginseng (odds ratio 5.1). The anaesthetic implications of preoperative traditional Chinese medicine in keeping with Hong Kong practices need to be investigated, and appropriate anaesthetic guidelines should be developed...
- Strengths, weaknesses, and development of Traditional Chinese Medicine in the health system of Hong Kong: through the eyes of future Western doctorsWilliam C W Wong
Department of Community and Family Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital Shatin, Hong Kong SAR, People s Republic of China
J Altern Complement Med 12:185-9; discussion 191-2. 2006..Paralleled with the experience in the United Kingdom and other countries, if traditional and conventional doctors are to work effectively side by side, current medical education and health service arrangements need to change...
- Medical pluralism of Chinese women living in the United StatesChristine Wade
Richard and Hinda Rosenthal Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 9:255-67. 2007..As Chinese women adapt to American culture they tend to use a greater variety of healthcare practices and to adopt mainstream CAM practices, but they also continue to use TCM...
- Wildlife biology. Can the wild tiger survive?Virginia Morell
Science 317:1312-4. 2007
- Chinese herbal medicine and interferon in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B: a meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trialsMichael McCulloch
Pine Street Clinic, San Anselmo, CA, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1619-28. 2002..This meta-analysis was conducted to examine the effectiveness of Chinese herbal medicine (either alone or with interferon alfa) in treating chronic hepatitis B...
- Family burdens, Chinese health beliefs, and the mental health of Chinese caregivers in Hong KongDaniel Fu Keung Wong
Department of Social Work and Social Administration, University of Hong Kong
Transcult Psychiatry 41:497-513. 2004..Implications for research and service development are discussed...
- Age, chronic non-communicable disease and choice of traditional Chinese and western medicine outpatient services in a Chinese populationVincent Ch Chung
School of Public Health and Primary Care, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, PR China
BMC Health Serv Res 9:207. 2009..This study aims to describe the interrelationship between age, non-communicable disease (NCD) status, and the choice of TCM and western medicine (WM) services in the Hong Kong population...
- Comparison of Chinese medicine education and training in China and AustraliaCharlie Changli Xue
The RMIT Chinese Medicine Research Group, Division of Chinese Medicine, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
Ann Acad Med Singapore 35:775-9. 2006..These differences present major challenges for the internationalisation of CM education. The findings of this study may facilitate the process of CM curriculum development in a global context...
- Randomized trials published in some Chinese journals: how many are randomized?Taixiang Wu
Chinese Cochrane Centre, Chinese Evidence Based Medicine Centre, International Clinical Epidemiology Network INCLEN, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, PR China
Trials 10:46. 2009..We investigated the adequacy of randomization of clinical trials published in recent years in China to determine how many of them met acceptable standards for allocating participants to treatment groups...
- [Explore new clinical application of Huanglian and corresponding compound prescriptions from their traditional use]Yi Bin Feng
School of Chinese Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 33:1221-5. 2008..Part of the effects has been proved by experimental research and it is worth carrying out more research in this area for development and clinical application...
- Perceived quality of communication amongst outpatients in western and traditional Chinese medicine clinics in a Chinese populationVincent Chi Ho Chung
School of Public Health, Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
Health Policy 90:66-72. 2009..This study investigates differences in perceived communication by patients of the quality of outpatient episodes in an urban Chinese population...
- Use of traditional chinese medicine in the Hong Kong special administrative region of ChinaVincent Chung
School of Public Health, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Altern Complement Med 13:361-7. 2007..Population-representative data collected in a Thematic Household Survey (THS) in 2002 provided the first large-scale, cross-sectional study of utilization of TCM after 1997...
- Expression of bcl-2 oncogene in gastric precancerous lesions and its correlation with syndromes in traditional Chinese medicineLing Hu
Institute of the Spleen and Stomach, Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 12 Jichang Road, Guangzhou 510405, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:3293-6. 2005..To observe the protein and mRNA expression of bcl-2 oncogene in gastric precancerous lesions (GPL) and to analyze its correlation with syndromes in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)...
- Decolonization and the movement for institutionalization of Chinese medicine in Hong Kong: a political process perspectiveStephen W K Chiu
Department of Sociology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
Soc Sci Med 61:1045-58. 2005..In the conclusion, we briefly consider the implications of this movement for the future development of alternative medicine in Hong Kong and other societies...
- Ontology development for unified traditional Chinese medical language systemXuezhong Zhou
College of Computer Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, PR China
Artif Intell Med 32:15-27. 2004..We use Protégé 2000 for ontology development of concepts and relationships that represent the domain and that will permit storage of TCM knowledge. This paper focuses on the methodology, design and development of ontology for UTCMLS...
- Effect of the Chinese traditional medicine "Bushen Yinao Pian" on the cerebral gene expression of the senescence-accelerated mouse prone 8/taChong Zhang
The Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 100080, China
Am J Chin Med 33:639-50. 2005The effect of Chinese traditional medicine "Bushen Yinao Pian," a complex prescription used for anti-aging, on the cerebral gene expression of the senescence-accelerated mouse prone 8/Ta (SAMP8/Ta) had been studied with ..
- Influence of organ pathology on the electrical parameters in organ projection areas of the skinJan Z Szopinski
Pain Clinic, Mayo Medical Centre of South Africa and University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Tradit Chin Med 26:218-25. 2006..The degree of rectification or difference in impedance is proportional to the extent of the pathological process within the related organ...
- Randomized controlled trial assessing a traditional Chinese medicine remedy in the treatment of primary dysmenorrheaStephen Kennedy
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Oxford, Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 86:762-4. 2006..However, some efficacy parameters suggested possible superiority of the active treatment and so a larger study needs to be performed to determine whether this remedy has a role in the treatment of dysmenorrhea...
- Attitudes of Hong Kong Chinese to traditional Chinese medicine and Western medicine: survey and cluster analysisM F Chan
School of Nursing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong, PR China
Complement Ther Med 11:103-9. 2003..To determine whether within a cohort of Hong Kong out-patients definable subtypes exist based on their attitudes to traditional Chinese medicine and Western medicine...
- Strengths and weaknesses of traditional Chinese medicine and Western medicine in the eyes of some Hong Kong ChineseT P Lam
Family Medicine Unit, Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, 3 F, Apleichau Clinic, 161 Main Street, Apleichau, Hong Kong
J Epidemiol Community Health 55:762-5. 2001..To explore the attitudes of Hong Kong Chinese towards the strengths and weaknesses of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and Western medicine...
- Utilization patterns of Chinese medicine and Western medicine under the National Health Insurance Program in Taiwan, a population-based study from 1997 to 2003Lee Chin Chang
Institute of Traditional Medicine and Institute of Public Health, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei
BMC Health Serv Res 8:170. 2008....
- Use of Traditional Chinese Medicine by older Chinese immigrants in CanadaDaniel Lai
The University of Calgary, Faculty of Social Work, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Fam Pract 24:56-64. 2007..Research is needed about the usage of complementary and alternative medicines within culturally diverse groups because of a growing number of people who use these remedies...
- Culture and complementary therapiesJoan Engebretson
Complement Ther Nurs Midwifery 8:177-84. 2002..A reverse example of isolating one healing intervention from biomedicine and interpreting it through other cultural lenses is presented. Implications are drawn for practice and research...
- Mylabris phalerlata induces apoptosis by caspase activation following cytochrome c release and Bid cleavageJeong Eun Huh
Department of Oncology, Graduate School of East West Medicine, Kyunghee University, 1 Seochunri, Yongin 449 701, South Korea
Life Sci 73:2249-62. 2003..Therefore, we conclude that BFMP has anti-cancer activity, which is achieved through apoptosis and is associated with little toxicity...
- Factors related to utilization of traditional Chinese medicine in TaiwanP Chou
Community Medicine Research Center, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi (Taipei) 64:191-202. 2001..The findings of the above studies are summarized and presented accordingly...
- Immunomodulatory and antimicrobial effects of some traditional chinese medicinal herbs: a reviewBenny K H Tan
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 18 Medical Drive, Singapore 117597
Curr Med Chem 11:1423-30. 2004..As many modern drugs are often patterned after phytochemicals, studying the influence of each compound on immune cells as well as microbes can provide useful insights to the development of potentially useful new pharmacological agents...
- Biological effects of toosendanin, a triterpenoid extracted from Chinese traditional medicineYu Liang Shi
Institute of Physiology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, PR China
Prog Neurobiol 82:1-10. 2007..The TSN-induced [Ca(2+)](i) increase and overload could be responsible for the TSN-induced biphasic effect on transmitter release, cell differentiation, apoptosis as well as the cytoxicity of TSN...
- Traditional Chinese medicines Wu Wei Zi (Schisandra chinensis Baill) and Gan Cao (Glycyrrhiza uralensis Fisch) activate pregnane X receptor and increase warfarin clearance in ratsYing Mu
Center for Pharmacogenetics, University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 316:1369-77. 2006..Meanwhile, the activation of PXR and induction of detoxifying enzymes provide a molecular mechanism for the hepatoprotective effects of certain TCMs...
- [Foundation and application of aggregation syndrome theory in traditional Chinese medicine]Wen jian Wang
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 5:111-4. 2007....
- [Multicentered, randomized, controlled clinical trial on patients with IgA nephropathy of Qi-yin deficiency syndrome type]Xiang Mei Chen
Institute of Nephrology and Key Lab of PLA, General Hospital of PLA, Beijing
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 27:101-5. 2007....
- [Investigations and studies on medicinal plants from Selaginellaceae in Hubei Province]Ding rong Wan
Pharmaceutical Department, Hubei College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Wuchang 430061, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:1507-10. 2005..To investigate the species, the distribution and the utilization of the medicinal plants from Selaginellaceae in Hubei Province...
- [Reviewing over the history of integrative medicine in China in 20th century]Zhen rui Wang
Institute of Literature and Medical History, China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 25:1033-7. 2005....
- Prof. Li Yueqing's experience in treating male infertilityLi Haisong
Dongzhimen Hospital Affiliated to Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100700, China
J Tradit Chin Med 25:122-4. 2005
- Acupuncture and Chinese patent drugs for treatment of chronic fatigue syndromeZhao Lijue
Affiliated Hospital of Guiyang Medical College, Guiyang, Guizhou 550001, China
J Tradit Chin Med 25:99-101. 2005
- [Advances on study of treatment of lumbar disk herniation by Chinese medicinal herbs]Xue juan Lin
Institute of Basic Medicine, Guzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Guangzhou 510405, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 32:186-91. 2007....
- [Study on the regulative rule of reinforcing shen principle on sexual precocity and senescence at the molecular level]Zi Yin Shen
Institute of Integrative Medicine, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 25:549-51. 2005..It also been proved by determining syndrome and speculating the damaged site according to the effects of drug that the pathologic damage of sexual precocity and senescence is sited on the hypothalamus or higher center...
- [Effect of Ningzhi capsule on blood lipid spectrum in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients complicated with hyperlipidemia]Guo qing Tian
Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 28:118-21. 2008..To observe the effect of Ningzhi Capsule (NZC) on blood lipid spectrum in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients complicated with hyperlipemia (DM-HL)...
- [Effect of Shenqi Fuzheng injection combined with chemotherapy on thirty patients with advanced breast cancer]Zhi fen Huang
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Affiliated Tumor Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 28:152-4. 2008..To observe the clinical efficacy of Shenqi Fuzheng Injection (SFI) combined with chemotherapy in treating patients with advanced breast cancer...
- [Clinical effect of treatment for clearing heat, detoxicating and nourishing Yin on patients with glucocorticosteroid induced facial dermatitis and its effect on skin barrier function]Xiao Hang Du
Department of Dermatology, the Third People s Hospital of Hangzhou, Zhejiang
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 26:46-8. 2006..To observe the clinical efficacy of treatment for clearing heat, detoxicating and nourishing Yin (abbr. as CHM) on glucocorticosteroid (GCS) induced facial dermatitis, and its effect in repairing skin barrier function...
- [Progress in treatment of post-abdominal operational gastroparesis syndrome by integrative traditional Chinese and Western medicine]Jin fang Qian
Medical College of Huzhou Normal University, Zhejiang
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 25:1053-6. 2005..and in combination with traditional Chinese medicine therapies, such as orally administering, enteroclysis or acupoint drug-injection, acupuncture and abdominal compressing with Chinese drug decoction...
- Compound salvia pellet, a traditional Chinese medicine, for the treatment of chronic stable angina pectoris compared with nitrates: a meta-analysisGang Wang
Department of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, 37 Guoxue Street, Chengdu 610 041, P R China
Med Sci Monit 12:SR1-7. 2006..To determine the efficacy and safety of CSP for the treatment of stable angina pectoris (SAP), a meta-analysis was undertaken...
- [Clinical study on effect and safety of bushen qiangji granule in treating ankylosing spondylitis patients]Hong xiao Liu
Department of Rheumatism, Guang anmen Hospital, China
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 26:403-6. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of Bushen Qiangji Granule (BQG) in treating ankylosing spondylitis (AS) patients with Shen-deficiency and blood-stasis syndrome...
- [Clinical observation on treatment of 43 women with polycystic ovary syndrome based on syndrome differentiation]Li Na Jia
Department of Gynecology of Integrative Medicine, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 4:585-8. 2006..To investigate the therapeutic effect of treatment based on syndrome differentiation and its influence on the serum levels of testosterone and insulin in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- [Effect of modified xiaoyao powder on electrogastrographic picture and pharmacokinetic characteristics of ferulic acid in patients with functional dyspepsia of gan-qi stagnation with pi-deficiency syndrome type]Ping Ren
West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 26:398-402. 2006....
- [Clinical study on effects of tiepi fengdou granule/capsule combined with chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy in treating lung cancer with Qi-Yin asthenia syndrome]Xiao Ping Chen
Zhejiang Cancer Hospital, Hangzhou
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 26:394-7. 2006..To study the clinical efficaly and safety of Tiepi Fengdou Granule (TFG) and Capsule (TFC) combined with chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy in treating lung cancer patients with Qi-Yin asthenia syndrome (QYAS)...
- [Experiences in treatment based on syndrome differentiation for black fur caused by dampness stagnancy due to spleen deficiency]Qi Chen
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Medical School, Jinggangshan College, Jioan, Jiangxi Province 343000, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 4:320. 2006
- [Study on mechanism of Quyujiedu method in treating endometriosis of stasis-toxic syndrome type]Fang Lian
Reproductive Center, Hospital Affliated to Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Jinan 250011
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 26:110-3. 2006..To observe the mechanism of Quyujiedu (QYJD, a method for removing stasis and detoxicating) in treating endometriosis of stasis-toxic syndrome type...
- [Study on combination components and effectiveness of Chinese traditional herbal formulas]Jie Wang
Guanganmen Hospital, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 31:5-9. 2006..This new mode will promote the academic research and the industry development of traditional Chinese medicine...
- [Prospective, multi-centered, randomized and controlled trial on effect of Shenle Capsule in treating patients with IgA nephropathy of Fei-Pi qi-deficiency syndrome]Xiang Mei Chen
Institute of Nephrology, PLA and Key Laboratory, General Hospital of the PLA, Beijing
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 26:1061-5. 2006..To observe the effect and safety of Chinese compound Shenle Capsule (SC) in treating IgA nephropathy patients of Fei-Pi qi-deficiency syndrome (FPQD)...
- [Regulatory effect of Wenyang Whengling Decoction on Smads expressions in testis of sterile rats with Shen-yang deficiency]Jing Ma
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 26:1107-13. 2006....
- [A randomized controlled trial of Yiqi Pingchuan Granule in treating acute attack of bronchial spasm due to asthma of qi deficiency and cold syndrome]Ying Zhang
Department of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province 610041, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 5:23-7. 2007..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of Yiqi Pingchuan Granule in treating acute attack of asthma due to qi deficiency and cold syndrome...
- [Potential effects of the methods for warming yang and nourishing yin on long-term prognosis of chronic heart failure]Tian Ming Wen
Department of Neurology, Chengdu First People s Hospital, Chengdu, Sichuan Province 610016, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 4:7-9. 2006..The potential beneficial effects of treatment for nourishing yin or nourishing yin combined with warming yang on heart failure were also explored...
- [Clinical and experimental study of xiaoshui decoction in the treatment of primary liver cancer caused ascites]Di Wu
Department of Intergrative Medicine, Jilin Provincial Tumor Hospital, Changchun 130021
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 25:1066-9. 2005....
- [Effects of Guben Hutan Tongmai Recipe on expressions of macrophages and cell adhesion molecules of aortic endothelia in rats with syndrome of phlegm blocking blood vessel]Ping Wang
Institute of Geratology, Hubei College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Wuhan, Hubei Province 430061, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 4:522-5. 2006....
- Dr. Zang Kuntang's experience in treating diabetesWenli Shi
The Chinese PLA 302 Hospital, Beijing 100039, China
J Tradit Chin Med 25:42-4. 2005
- [A review of the study on anti-obesity therapies with traditional Chinese medicine]Cheng Guo
Department of Pharmacy, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200003, China
Zhong Yao Cai 25:534-7. 2002
- Clinical study of qingluo tongbi granules in treating 63 patients with rheumatoid arthritis of the type of yin-deficiency and heat in collateralsXueping Zhou
The First Clinical Medicine College, Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, No 282, Hanzhong Street, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province 210020
J Tradit Chin Med 24:83-7. 2004..05). Besides, no obvious adverse reactions are found in the treated group. Therefore it is concluded that as a new medicinal preparation QTG is safe and effective in the treatment of RA...
- [Regulatory effect of zengmian mixture on T-lymphocyte dysfunction in children with repeated lower respiratory tract infection of both Qi-Yin deficiency type]Zong bo Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Affiliated Hospital to Medical College of Qingdao University, Shandong 266003
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 24:508-10. 2004....
- [Interrelationship between folk plant medicine of Arhorchin Mongolian and Mongolian medicine as well as Chinese herbal medicine]Soyolt Khasbagan
Institute of Ethnobotany, Inner Mongolia Normal University, Huhehot 010022
Zhong Yao Cai 25:468-70. 2002..Inconsistency may be illustrated richness and exploration value of folk medicinal knowledge...
- [Clinical observation on treatment of acute myelocytic leukemia by supplementing qi, nourishing yin and clearing heat principle]Rui Rong Xu
Affiliated Hospital of Shandong University of TCM, Jinan 250011
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 24:411-4. 2004..To observe the clinical efficacy of TCM with supplementing Qi, nourishing Yin and clearing heat principle (SQNYCH) combined with chemotherapy in treating myelocytic leukemia...
- The combined use of tonification and purgation in treatment of fatty liverPeitian Wu
Hepatopathy Department, Sanya Municipal Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Sanya 572000, Hainan Province
J Tradit Chin Med 23:7-9. 2003
- [On the rational exertion for the prescriptions and drugs of TCM in preventing and treating SARS]Xiao He Xiao
302 Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100039, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 28:664-8. 2003..Some proposals for the rational uses of traditional Chinese drugs (TCD) in preventing and treating SARS were offered finally in this article...
- [Study on the compatibility of composite herbal medicines of the lingguizhugan decoction]Zong Hua Song
Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110015, Liaoning, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 27:760-2. 2002..To study the compatibility of composite herbal medicines of the Ling Gui Zhu Gan Decoction...
- TCM treatment of lumbago due to qi stagnation in the liver and gallbladderYanhui Wang
TCM Department of Xiamen University, Fujian Province 361005
J Tradit Chin Med 24:55. 2004
- Clinical observation in 102 cases of chronic pelvic inflammation treated with qi jie granulesQin Zhang
Hangzhou Municipal Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hangzhou 310007, Zhejiang Province
J Tradit Chin Med 24:3-6. 2004..To observe the therapeutic effects of Qi Jie Granule [see: symbol text] on chronic pelvic inflammation...
- [Minute of the 7th National Conference of Integrative Chinese and Western Medicine of Deficiency Syndrome and Senile Diseases]Guo An Liu
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 24:285-6. 2004
- ACUPUNCTURE & MOXA FOR CHRONIC DIARRHEA IN HIV PTSJOYCE ANASTASI; Fiscal Year: 2002..05% by the method of Holm (1979) and a 20% attrition factor indicates the need for 36 subjects assigned to each condition to detect a 0.95-standardized difference between the most extreme experimental conditions. ..
- Acu/Moxa for Peripheral Neuropathy in Pts with HIVJOYCE ANASTASI; Fiscal Year: 2007..The effects of symptom reduction on quality of life will also be examined. In addition, this application originates from an institution with a NIH Center for AIDS Research (CFAR) and a supportive community network. ..
- Antiviral/Antitumor Roles of Ganoderma Lucidum SporesRui Liu; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Effects of herbs on transcription and cell proliferationDale Leitman; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information can also provide a scientific basis to prioritize herbs for clinical trials evaluation for their ability to prevent and treat breast cancer. ..
- Plant-Derived Estrogens and Cell ProliferationEmma Shtivelman; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our goal is to discover estrogens that do not promote cancer, but retain the beneficial of estrogens on body weight and fat accumulation. ..
- Functional Bowel Disorders in Chinese MedicineBrian Berman; Fiscal Year: 2009..4. To determine the effect of EA on serotoninergic activites in dorsal raphe nucleus and raphe nucleus magnus, the relay centers of central descending inhibitory pathway, in rats with visceral hyperalgesia. ..
- Role of Reishi on cell surface proteins and signaling modulation in IBCIVETTE SUAREZ; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Acupressure for Persistent Cancer Related FatigueSuzanna M Zick; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Protocol- vs Patient-Oriented TCM Practices: A RCT for IBS Symptom ManagementJoyce K Anastasi; Fiscal Year: 2012..The methodology employed seeks to evaluate a Protocol-oriented (standard) vs. a Patient-oriented (individualized) protocol using traditional Chinese medicine practices in a RCT. ..
- Symptom management for irritable bowel syndrome constipation (IBS-C)Joyce K Anastasi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Secondary analyses will estimate the influence of baseline confounders and time-dependent variables to the estimate of the treatment effect. ..
- Breast cancer prevention with NexrutineSUSAN PATRICIA LANZA-JACOBYY; Fiscal Year: 2012..We also plan to determine mechanisms by which Nexrutine is inducing autophagy by interrogating the role of ERK and Akt/mTOR signaling and reactive oxygen species (ROS) in mediating these effects. ..
- Mind-Body E-Portal: A Practice-to-Research Platform for Consumer-Driven WellnessJoel B Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2010..It will be designed to appeal to a wide group of users. Pilot data on practice and outcomes will advance knowledge of consumer-driven CAM. ..
- SsnB, a Chinese herb-derived selective TLR antagonistDaping Fan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Elucidation of the molecular mechanism and confirmation of the in vivo anti-inflammatory activity will lead to the development of SsnB into a selective TLR2 and TLR4 antagonist and an anti-inflammatory agent. ..
- Immune mechanisms of CAM intervention in autoimmunityBRIAN CALVIN ASTRY; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- International Center of TCM for CancerLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information will provide evidence to delineate the role of these cardiac glycosides in antitumor activity. ..
- Development of dihydroartemisinin as a novel preventive agent for prostate cancerM Saeed Sheikh; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- SAR 2013: Impact of Acupuncture Research on 21st Century Health CareVitaly Napadow; Fiscal Year: 2012..This is significant as the adoption of acupuncture as a cost-effective intervention could both improve patient outcomes and reduce burden on society. This conference and its follow-up will advance these aims exponentially. ..
- Tai chi, physiologic complexity, and healthy agingPETER MICHAEL WAYNE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Results of this study may lead to novel measures that help us monitor and understand the physiological processes of aging, and explore the potential benefits of Tai Chi for healthy aging. ..
- The mechanism of a Chinese herbal formula on cancer painLing Xu; Fiscal Year: 2012..This study will evaluate the effects and mechanisms of an herb formula Tongluo Sanjie (TLSJ) on such pain in rat models. The success of the proposed study will greatly advance the management of cancer pain. ..
- Traditional Chinese Medicine for Fibromyalgia: A Whole Systems TrialScott David Mist; Fiscal Year: 2013..It will also confirm previous research on nociceptive dorsal reflex threshold biomarkers in fibromyalgia populations providing greater confidence in it use. ..
- Tobacco Cessation Training for accupuncture, massage, and chiropractic practitionMyra L Muramoto; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Transcutaneous electroacupuncture for gastroparesisJiande Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..A comprehensive team has been assembled to perform the study, including experts in gastrointestinal motility, traditional Chinese medicine and clinical patient care. ..
- Lay Health Workers and Colorectal Cancer Screening Among Chinese AmericansTung T Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2013..The findings of this project will greatly expand understanding about effective and culturally appropriate cancer health promotion among ethnic minority communities. ..
- Targeting prostate cancer by inhibition of mTOR with ezhu oilYongkui Jing; Fiscal Year: 2010..The purpose of this application hopes to establish a rational for improving the therapeutic outcome of complementary and alternative medicines based on specific molecular targets in prostate cancer. ..
- Immunological response to Chinese herbal medicine in food allergyJulie Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..This potential therapy has significant advantages over other treatments currently under investigation because it is administered orally, has a high safety profile, and may provide long-term protection from anaphylaxis...
- The Biology and Chemistry of Traditionally Used Anti-Diabetic Botanical DrugsJORDAN JAMES GUNN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Furthermore, the standardization by active ingredients of herbal preparations in use to treat diabetes is expected to lead to safe and effective treatment options. ..
- Core Center for Multimodal Evaulation of Acupuncture MechanismsBruce R Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2010..With this P30 Core Center support, we will expand our focus on central (brain) mechanisms of acupuncture action to include relevant research on mechanisms arising from physiological response at the site of acupuncture stimulation. ..
- Arizona Complementary and Alternative Medicine Research Training ProgramIRIS ROBERTA BELL; Fiscal Year: 2011..The current proposal reflects several enhancements from an administrative, academic, and curricular perspective that emerged from experience in the first five years of implementing this T32 program. ..
- Central Effects of Acupuncture: Acupoint SpecificityJi Fang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Section 1[unreadable] Applicant Do not use suffixes such as 6a, 6b.) Face Page (Items 1-8,15), Page 2 (Items 16-18, 22), and Table of Contents (Form Page 3) 1-4 Scholastic ..
- Public Health Education and Campaigns in China, 1910-1990Liping Bu; Fiscal Year: 2010..The dissemination of health knowledge and the change in health-related behavior in China brought about by the public health campaigns offer useful lessons for many nations, including China today. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF THE DANSHENGDIOLSJohn Snyder; Fiscal Year: 1990..These abietanoid type pigments from the roots of the Chinese traditional medicine, Dan-Sheng, Salvia miltiorrhiza Bunge, have been identified as active constituents of the tanshinone ..
- ENDOMETRIOSIS :TRADITIONAL MEDICINE VS HORMONE THERAPYRichard Hammerschlag; Fiscal Year: 2002..Data obtained from this study, on treatment effectiveness, side effect profiles, recurrence of symptoms, compliance with therapy and drop-out rates, will be used to design a large-scale clinical trial. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE ALKALOIDSJames White; Fiscal Year: 2006..alkaloid of the toxic Gelsemium family, is of interest on account of its extensive lore as a therapy in Chinese traditional medicine. An approach to koumine is proposed which makes use of a recently discovered photochemical synthesis of ..
- US-China-Japan Research Consortium on Herbal MedicinesDavid Eisenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..Lastly, we will determine, as part of this planning grant, the ideal number of partnering institutions (2, 3 or 4) in anticipation of an application for Phase II of this NIH International Center for Research on CAM. ..
- ACUPUNTURE AND HYPERTENSION: EFFICACY AND MECHANISMSNorman Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract_text> ..
- CHEMICAL DIVERSITY LIBRARIES FROM MEDICINAL PLANTS (RMI)Kuo Hsiung Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CHINESE HERBAL MEDICINEYuan Lin; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract_text> ..
- Acupuncture for the Treatment of HeadacheREMY COEYTAUX; Fiscal Year: 2006..Kaptchuk), an epidemiologist and health services researcher with extensive experience with clinical trials of acupuncture (Dr. Sherman), and a leading expert on chronic daily headache (Dr. Spierings). ..
- Arthritis and Traditional Chinese MedicineBrian Berman; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will assay C reactive protein and will measure cyclo-oxygenase (COX) 1 and 2 activity as biological markers of inflammation and disease. ..
- Center for Trad.Chinese Medicine & Women's HealthFredi Kronenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..Anita Regalia and Francesco Cardini), The University of Hong Kong (Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr. P.C. Ho), and create a strong, diverse team multi-cultural team appropriate to the aims of the project. ..
- Anti-Arthritic Effects of Ginger Dietary SupplementsJanet Funk; Fiscal Year: 2009..Moreover, mechanistic evidence of bone protective effects of ginger may also support the study of its use for the prevention of other prevalent bone diseases, such as osteoporosis. ..
- New Methodological Developments in Traditional Chinese Medicine ResearchXiao Hua Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Pilot of Two CAM Tratments for Maintenance Wt LossCharles Elder; Fiscal Year: 2004..Information from this study will be used to develop a larger randomized trial to evaluate different maintenance approaches to improve long-term maintenance of wt. loss. ..
- Cordyceps Sinensis Evaluation in IgA Nephropathy ModelAbdalla Rifai; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will generate novel insights into molecular mechanisms underlying pathogenesis of IgA nephropathy and predict outcomes from safe traditional alternative medicine for prevention of renal failure. ..
- Functional Bowel Disorders in Chinese MedicineBrian Berman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Acupuncture Diagnosis and Treatment of DSM-IV PTSDMichael Hollifield; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CLINICAL TRIAL OF ACUPUNCTURE FOR TREATING HYPERTENSIONEric Macklin; Fiscal Year: 2003..Changes in quality of life will be assessed and compared across treatment groups. ..
- A NEW STRATEGY FOR PROTECTION FROM CEREBRAL ISCHEMIAYing Xia; Fiscal Year: 2003..More importantly, this work will open up a new research field. The understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying EA-induced protection will eventually lead to develop new solutions for ischemic brain injury. ..
- THE EFFECTS OF A BLOOD CELL GROWTH FACTORMartin Murphy; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- CAM RESEARCH CENTER FOR CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASESSteven Bolling; Fiscal Year: 2002..Specific aims of CAM Research Center are to support peer-reviewed pilot projects, provide ..
- HUPERZINE A TRANSDERMAL SYSTEM FOR ALZHEIMER'SDinesh Patel; Fiscal Year: 2000..The need for a 7-day patch will be immense since this product will improve the quality of life for both patients and caregivers. There is a large market potential for the proposed transdermal patch. ..
- International Center of TCM for CancerLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Cobblestone Walking for Elder HealthFuzhong Li; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, results are likely to provide support for the development of an added, low-cost, innovative exercise modality suitable for community setting to reduce or delay frailty in the older population. ..
- Acupuncture Point Decision Engine (AcuDE)Matthew McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2003..These products will facilitate acupuncture's acceptance and integration into conventional medicine worldwide. ..
- Complementary/Alternative Medicine for VestibulopathyDavid Krebs; Fiscal Year: 2002..The latter aim is purely exploratory and descriptive in nature. ..
- Effect of Chinese herbal medicine on food allergyXiu Min Li; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Effects of Chinese Herbal Medicines on Allergic AsthmaXiu Min Li; Fiscal Year: 2003..Accomplishing these goals should provide an experimental basis for applying Chinese herbal medicines to the treatment of allergic asthma, and for understanding immunoregulatory mechanisms underlying their effects. ..
- Physiologic Characteristics of Traditional Chinese Medicine Based IBS SubgroupsBruce Naliboff; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Status and Future of Acupuncture Research: 10 Years Post-NIH Consensus ConferLixing Lao; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed conference will do so. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Osteoporotic fractures in Chinese men: MrOs Hong KongPING LEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- DELAY OF GRATIFICATION--SUBSTANCE USE/ABUSE/DEPENDENCEKevin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Significant implications for drug prevention and treatment programs, and for the study of other health-related behaviors are anticipated. ..
- Modulatory Effect of Acupuncture on Human Brain ActivityKathleen Hui; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Choices: Family Physicians Treat Overweight ChildrenCheryl Ritenbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2006..Children will be eligible for participation who are above the 90th percentile of BMI for age, and who can have the regular participation of at least one parent or guardian. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Advances in CAM Clinical Research MethodologyCheryl Ritenbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Reproducible Feverfew Preparations for Migraine TrialsAlbert Leung; Fiscal Year: 2004..To provide a substantial (less arbitrary) basis for botanical and chemical standardization of feverfew leaf and extract preparations. ..