- Retroactive prayer: lots of history, not much mystery, and no science
Jeffrey P Bishop
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9030, USA
BMJ 329:1444-6. 2004
- Nurses enhance performance through prayer
College of Staten Island, City University of New York, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 18:26-31. 2004
..This article describes the nurses' prayerful activities...
- Exploring the meaning of spirituality with aging adults in Appalachia
Lois W Lowry
College of Nursing, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, USA
J Holist Nurs 20:388-402. 2002
..Spirituality was of paramount importance in the lives of these elders; thus, health care providers must consciously include spirituality in assessments and interventions. Nursing curricula must prepare students to provide spiritual care...
- Prayer after stroke. Its relationship to quality of life
Villanova University, USA
J Holist Nurs 20:352-66. 2002
..Potential strategies are suggested for nurses that address patients' spiritual needs...
- Cancer as part of the journey: the role of spirituality in the decision to decline conventional prostate cancer treatment and to use complementary and alternative medicine
Integr Cancer Ther 5:117-22. 2006
..Objective: To explore the role of spirituality in cancer management by men with prostate cancer who have declined conventional treatment and are using CAM...
- Are prayer experiments legitimate? Twenty criticisms
Santa Fe, NM, USA
Explore (NY) 1:109-17. 2005
- Finding your model of caring practice
Elizabeth Ann Davis Lee
Harding University, Searcy, Arkansas, USA
J Christ Nurs 23:14-9. 2006
- Can nurses say no to change?
His Wheels International, USA
J Christ Nurs 23:22-3. 2006
- A Christian mysticism?
School of Philosophy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles USA
J Christ Nurs 23:34-6. 2006
- Proselytizing or spiritual care?
Susan Anthony Salladay
Cedarville University in Cedarville, Ohio, USA
J Christ Nurs 23:37. 2006
- Praying as complementary and alternative medicine
J Altern Complement Med 14:225-6. 2008
- Faith and healing
Cynthia A Parkman
California State University, Sacramento, USA
Case Manager 14:33-6. 2003
- Medicine for the heart: the embodiment of faith in Morocco
Department of Anthropology and Sociology, Amherst College, USA
Med Anthropol 22:53-83. 2003
..The concept of the spiritual body locates this experience inside the body (in this case radiating from the heart) rather than outside (i.e., in cognitive or symbolic space)...
- Religious and spiritual resources, CAM, and conventional treatment in the lives of cancer patients
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 9:64-71. 2003
..Patients' beliefs about the relationships among RSR, CAM, and conventional treatments may reflect belief systems not readily apparent to physicians...
- A randomized trial of the effects of remote intercessory prayer: interactions with personal beliefs on problem-specific outcomes and functional status
Raymond F Palmer
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Altern Complement Med 10:438-48. 2004
..Investigate the relevance of interpersonal belief factors as modifiers of the effectiveness of intercessory prayer...
- Spirituality, health, and CAM: current controversies
Andrew J Weaver
HealthCare Chaplaincy, New York, NY, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 9:42-6. 2003
- Healing of body, healing of spirit
Samuel E Karff
Congregation Beth Israel, Houston, Texas, USA
CCAR J 51:85-95. 2004
- Spiritually augmented cognitive behavioural therapy
Russell F D'Souza
Koonung Community Mental Health Centre, Level 1 43 Carrington Road, Box Hill, Victoria 3128, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 12:148-52. 2004
..To describe spiritually augmented cognitive behaviour therapy (SACBT) and its applications...
- Prayer's clinical issues and implications
Elizabeth Johnston Taylor
School of Nursing, West Hall 1352, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 17:179-88. 2003
- The mystery of healing
Judith Allen Shelly
Nurses Christian Fellowship, USA
J Christ Nurs 22:6-14; quiz 15. 2005
- Conceptual bases of Christian, faith-based substance abuse rehabilitation programs: qualitative analysis of staff interviews
Lisa K McCoy
Section of General Internal Medicine, Evans Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Subst Abus 25:1-11. 2004
..Knowledge of these core concepts and practices should be helpful to clinicians in considering referrals to faith-based recovery programs...
- [Who is surprised by the healing power of prayer?]
K M Meyer-Abich
Forsch Komplementarmed Klass Naturheilkd 10:57-9. 2003
- The use of prayer in spiritual care
Aust J Holist Nurs 10:22-9. 2003
..Holistic nurses may use prayer with patients to positively influence how patients cope with anxiety relative to illness...
- Use of complementary and alternative therapies by rural African Americans with type 2 diabetes
Randy A Jones
University of Virginia School of Nursing, Charlottesville, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 12:34-8. 2006
..The participants' descriptions enhance our understanding of CAM use among rural African Americans with diabetes...
- Walking pilgrimage as caritas action in the world
Caring Science, University of Colorado, Denver, USA
J Holist Nurs 24:289-96. 2006
..A walking spiritual pilgrimage serves as metaphoric invitation for nurses and nursing to engage in conscious, creative, artful steps, imprinting self and society with caritas in our lives, our work, and our world...
- Practiced by millions, prayer is worthy of more study
Silent Unity, Unity Village, MO, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 12:22-3. 2006
- Use of prayer among persons with cancer
Elizabeth Johnston Taylor
School of Nursing, Loma Linda University, Los Angeles, California, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 16:46-60. 2002
..A range of approaches to prayer and topics for prayer was observed, often determined by illness circumstances. The article provides a discussion that begins to suggest how these data can inform clinical practice and future research...
- Spirituality in persons with heart failure
Theresa A Beery
University of Cincinnati College of Nursing Department of Adult Health, Institute for Nursing Research, USA
J Holist Nurs 20:5-25; quiz 26-30. 2002
..Combined spirituality scores predicted 24% of the variance in global quality of life. There were no significant gender differences in spiritual well-being or quality of life...
- Responding to patient beliefs in miracles
Robert D Orr
Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity, Bannockburn, Illinois, USA
South Med J 100:1263-7. 2007
- Miracles and medicine: an annotated bibliography
Johns Hopkins University, School of Nursing, Balitmore, Maryland, USA
South Med J 100:1273-6. 2007
- Faculty and resident attitudes about spirituality and religion in the provision of pediatric health care
Department of Pediatrics, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Ambul Pediatr 2:5-10. 2002
..To characterize pediatricians' attitudes toward spirituality/religion (S/R) in relationship to the practice of pediatrics...
- [Prayers for patients with internal and cardiological diseases--an applicable therapeutic method?]
Forschungsinstitutes für Spiritualität und Gesundheit, Klinik SGM Langenthal, Schweiz
MMW Fortschr Med 149:31-2, 34. 2007
..However, active prayer within the framework of a doctor-patient relationship can strengthen the patient's optimism and activate the body's healing resources...
- The doctor as God's mechanic? Beliefs in the Southeastern United States
Christopher J Mansfield
Center for Health Services Research and Development East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Soc Sci Med 54:399-409. 2002
..Knowledge of the phenomena and variation across the population can guide inquiry into the spiritual concerns of patients...
- [Spirituality and cancer]
Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Wurzburg
MMW Fortschr Med 149:35-6, 38. 2007
..Although historical reservations make the integration of spirituality into medicine difficult, needs assessments and clinical studies provide grounds for a reorientation in modern oncology...
- [Caring--on the role of christian values in medicine]
Abt für Hämatologie, 3 Medizinische Klinik der Universitätskliniken, Mainz
MMW Fortschr Med 149:39-40. 2007
- Six pillars of energy medicine: clinical strengths of a complementary paradigm
Energy Medicine Institute, Ashland, Oregon, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 14:44-54. 2008
- Spirituality and health for women of color
Catherine F Musgrave
Henrietta Szold Hadassah Hebrew University School of Nursing, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Public Health 92:557-60. 2002
- Intercessory prayer: a delicate celestial orchestration between spiritual and physical worlds
J Altern Complement Med 14:351-2. 2008
- [The meaning of religion in the patient's life]
Akademia Medyczna w Gdansku, Zakład Medycyny Paliatywnej
Pol Merkur Lekarski 21:197-200. 2006
..The authors exploring the connection between the healing of the body and religious consciousness indicate necessity of comprehensive treating to the patients...
- Comprehensive, integrative management of pain for patients with sickle-cell disease
Saunjoo L Yoon
University of Florida College of Nursing, HPNP Complex, Gainesville, FL 32610 0187, USA
J Altern Complement Med 12:995-1001. 2006
- Reconnecting the spirit of healing
Can Nurse 98:52, 51. 2002
..Now, through parish nursing, "the church's role has been reclaimed," says Gail Brimbecom, a Canadian pioneer in this growing specialty...
- Spirituality in African American and Caucasian women with end-stage renal disease on hemodialysis treatment
Ruth A Tanyi
Preventitive Care Program, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California, USA
Health Care Women Int 28:141-54. 2007
..These findings have multidisciplinary implications for factors that may mitigate the illeffects of ESRD...
- Spiritual role in healing. An alternative way of thinking
Edwin D Boudreaux
Louisiana State University School of Medicine, Earl K Long Medical Center, Emergency Medicine Residency Program, 5825 Airline Highway, Baton Rouge, LA 70805, USA
Prim Care 29:439-54, viii. 2002
..Care should be taken to use reliable, valid spirituality assessment measures and more advanced methodologic designs, such as prospective, longitudinal studies, and randomized, controlled trials...
- Supplement unbalanced
Chris O Jackson
Med J Aust 187:421; author reply 423-4. 2007
- Seeking clarification
Med J Aust 187:422; author reply 423-4. 2007
- Spiritual dimension of mental health: do we have adequate insight?
Amin A Muhammad Gadit
Discipline of Psychiatry, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 300 Prince Philip Dr, St John s NL A1B 3V6, Canada
J Pak Med Assoc 57:522-3. 2007
- Healer shopping in Africa: new evidence from rural-urban qualitative study of Ghanaian diabetes experiences
Ama de-Graft Aikins
Department of Social and Developmental Psychology, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3RQ
BMJ 331:737. 2005
- Trends in the use of complementary and alternative medicine in Pakistan: a population-based survey
Shahzad H Shaikh
Drugs Control Division, NIH, Islamabad, Pakistan
J Altern Complement Med 15:545-50. 2009
..The objective of this study was to evaluate the extent of use of complementary and alternative systems of medicine by different segments of society and to identify the diseases in which they have been found to be effective...
- Public and private sector treatment of malaria in Lao PDR
Department of Community and Global Health, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Hongo 7 3 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Trop 112:283-7. 2009
..health centre, and village health volunteer) and private care-providers (private pharmacy, informal retailer, faith healing and herbs). As a result, we found that 624 patients sought care at least once, 255 (40.9%) twice, and 66 (10...
- Child fatalities from religion-motivated medical neglect
S M Asser
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, San Diego, California, USA
Pediatrics 101:625-9. 1998
To evaluate deaths of children from families in which faith healing was practiced in lieu of medical care and to determine if such deaths were preventable.
- Correlates of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use in Chicago area children with diabetes (DM)
Jennifer L Miller
University of Chicago, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Chicago, IL 60613 2521, USA
Prim Care Diabetes 3:149-56. 2009
..To correlate complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use in children with diabetes mellitus (DM) with DM control and other family or disease characteristics...
- Use of complementary and alternative healthcare practices among persons served by a remote area medical clinic
Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Fam Community Health 31:221-7. 2008
..of complementary and alternative therapies among those attending the remote rural clinic are described, with faith healing, including prayer, and family-taught remedies being the most commonly used complementary and alternative ..
- Use of non-proven therapies. Differences in attitudes between Norwegian patients with non-malignant disease and patients suffering from cancer
Department of Oncology, , Norway
Acta Oncol 34:893-8. 1995
..Among cancer patients the most preferred NPTs methods were healing by laying on of hands and faith healing. The patients with non-malignant disease expressed a more positive view on the possible benefits of NPTs in ..
- Use of complementary and alternative medicine for symptoms of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:1096-102. 2002
..This study describes use of complementary and alternative medicine among children with ADHD or at risk of having ADHD and explores possible predictors of use of such treatments...
- Functional salutogenic mechanisms of the brain
Donald F Smith
Institute for Basic Research in Psychiatry, Department of Biological Psychiatry, Psychiatric Hospital of Aahus University, Denmark
Perspect Biol Med 45:319-28. 2002
..need not even be rational or realistic in order for them to be salutogenic, as shown by phenomena such as faith healing and the placebo effect...
- Skin branding
Department of Neurological Sciences, Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India
J Postgrad Med 50:204. 2004
- Miraculous healings as a time- and space-conditioned category--the example of St. Thecla
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts Mental Health Center, Harvard University Medical School, Boston, USA
Coll Antropol 26:325-32. 2002
..Thecla (Basil of Seleukia, 5th c. AD) has been used. The major conclusion of the paper is that miracle accounts quite consequently reflect cultural differences between East and West...
- Controlling the independent variables in the clinical study of prayer: the devil is in the details
Eric J Burks
Am Heart J 152:e41-2. 2006
- Healing from the inside out: one person's path with cutaneous T-cell lymphoma--mycosis fungoides
Arch Dermatol 138:748-50. 2002
- I stay and I follow: clerical reflections on pastoral care for victims of sexual abuse
Department of Psychology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Pastoral Care Counsel 67:5. 2013
..However, insecurity, a perceived lack of psychological competences, and restrictions imposed by the vow of silence provoked self-protective strategies that may affect both clerics and confidants...
- Flying carpets and scientific prayers. Scientific experiments claiming that distant intercessory prayer produces salubrious effects are deeply flawed
Sci Am 291:34. 2004
- Use of the Serenity Prayer among adults with type 2 diabetes: a pilot study
Lisa M Sacco
Emergency Department, Naval Medical Center San Diego, California, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 25:192-8. 2011
..Challenges in completing this research and specific recommendations for future research are addressed...
- A cross-cultural comparison of British and Pakistani medical students' understanding of schizophrenia
Department of Psychology, University College London, 26 Bedford Way, London WC1H OAP, UK
Psychiatry Res 159:308-19. 2008
..Results confirm previous European-Asian difference in the understanding of the cause, manifestation and cure of schizophrenia. The impact of traditional and Western cultural influences on British Pakistanis is considered...
- Deterrents to HIV-patient initiation of antiretroviral therapy in urban Lusaka, Zambia: a qualitative study
Zambia AIDS related TB Research Project, University of Zambia, Lusaka, Zambia
AIDS Patient Care STDS 27:231-41. 2013
..PLHIV opted for herbal remedies and faith healing as alternatives to ART, with the former being regarded as effective as ART, while the latter contributed to ..
- Re: Samuel Pepys: a patient perspective of lithotomy in 17th century England
John P Kavanagh
J Urol 176:1687. 2006
- Effects of magic come in from the cold: pictorial evidence of placebo effect
Scand J Public Health 34:342-5. 2006
- What is spiritual vitality?
Mary T Sweat
Research College of Nursing in Kansas City, Missouri, USA
J Christ Nurs 23:40. 2006
- Sacred healing stories told at the end of life
Virginia Commonwealth University, VA, USA
J Holist Nurs 30:69-80. 2012
- Opinions and practices of medical rehabilitation professionals regarding prayer and meditation
Nancy E Schoenberger
Kessler Medical Rehabilitation Research and Education Corporation, West Orange, NJ, USA
J Altern Complement Med 8:59-69. 2002
..To assess the attitudes and practices of professionals in the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R) regarding prayer and meditation...
- Faith healing in paediatrics: what do we know about its relevance to clinical practice?
Community Child Health Department, Bath NHS House, Newbridge Hill, Bath, UK
Child Care Health Dev 38:316-20. 2012
There is widespread use of complementary or alternative medicine among adults and children. Families may use faith healing alongside conventional medicine or as an alternative...
- What's unique in Christian caring?
Buntain School of Nursing, Northwest University, Kirkland, Washington, USA
J Christ Nurs 23:20-1. 2006
- Biblical caring comes full circle
J Christ Nurs 23:6-11; quiz 12. 2006
- An issue of blood: the healing of the woman with the haemorrhage (Mark 5.24B-34; Luke 8.42B-48; Matthew 9.19-22) in early medieval visual culture
Faculty of Arts, Medieval Art, History of Christian Art, Iconology Research Group IRG, Catholic University of Leuven, Room 04 05, Blijde inkomststraat 21 Postbus 3313, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
J Relig Health 51:663-81. 2012
..The paper considers both expressions and their-anthropologically framed-relation to this female 'issue of blood', which the Haemorrhoissa came to embody and epitomise literally, as well as figuratively...
- How faith heals: a theoretical model
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Explore (NY) 5:77-96. 2009
..Finally, implications are discussed for the rapprochement of religion and medicine...
- African independent churches in Mozambique: healing the afflictions of inequality
Department of Anthropology, Case Western Reserve University, USA
Med Anthropol Q 16:176-99. 2002
..The AICs invoke the "Holy Spirit" to exercise malevolent agents and then provide a community of mutual aid and ongoing protection against spirit threats...
- Religion as a competing interest
Med J Aust 187:421-2; author reply 423-4. 2007
- Looking at infertility through the lens of religion and spirituality: a review of the literature
Robab Latifnejad Roudsari
European Institute of Health and Medical Sciences, The Duke of Kent Building, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Hum Fertil (Camb) 10:141-9. 2007
- Why John wasn't healed by prayer: perspectives across disciplines
Dan G Blazer
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 42:377-91. 2011
..This cross-disciplinary discussion reveals insights that we believe physicians can use when confronting such issues with patients...
- Prayer as medicine: how much have we learned?
Behavioural Medicine Institute, Adelaide, SA
Med J Aust 186:S51-3. 2007
..While acknowledging the efficacy of prayer and recognising the needs of patients, prayer, being a personal spiritual practice, cannot be prescribed, nor should it be used in place of medical care...
- An anthropological study about epilepsy in native tribes from Central and South America
Francisco Javier Carod-Artal
Department of Neurology, Sarah Hospital, The Sarah Network of Rehabilitation Hospitals, Brasilia DF, Brazil
Epilepsia 48:886-93. 2007
..The objective of this paper was to study native perception and myths about epilepsy, their magic-religious healing rites and ceremonies, and the natural treatments that archaic cultures used...
- About intercessory prayer: the scientific study of miracles
State University of New York at Fredonia, USA
MedGenMed 9:56. 2007
- The remote prayer delusion: clinical trials that attempt to detect supernatural intervention are as futile as they are unethical
J Med Ethics 34:e18. 2008
..Resources should no longer be wasted on medical efforts to detect the supernatural and paranormal...
- Statements of competing interest notably absent
Ross B Holland
Med J Aust 187:422; author reply 424. 2007
- Jesus' healing of the leper is a message for our ministry
SSM Health Care, St Louis, USA
Health Prog 83:72, 70-1. 2002
- Effect of retroactive intercessory prayer. Competing interests on religious conviction or spirituality may be important
BMJ 324:1037-8; author reply 1038-9. 2002
- Prendas-Ngangas-Enquisos: turbulence and the influence of the dead in Cuban-Kongo material culture
Todd Ramón Ochoa
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
Cult Anthropol 25:387-420. 2010
- Complementary treatment: who cares how it works, as long as it does?
Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, Exeter EX2 4NT, UK
Lancet Oncol 6:131-2. 2005
- "It depends": viewpoints of patients, physicians, and nurses on patient-practitioner prayer in the setting of advanced cancer
Michael J Balboni
Center for Psycho Oncology and Palliative Care Research, Department of Psycho Oncology and Palliative Care, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02120, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 41:836-47. 2011
..Few data exist to guide the role of patient-practitioner prayer in the setting of advanced illness...
- Intentionality forms the matrix of healing: a theory
Rothlyn P Zahourek
Altern Ther Health Med 10:40-9. 2004
..The theory has implications for conceptualizing intentionality and provides a framework for continued exploration of the nature of intentionality in healing for scholars as well as clinicians...
- Research on religion and health and professional chaplaincy: a second opinion
Andrew J Weaver
The HealthCare Chaplaincy, New York, NY 10022, USA
J Pastoral Care Counsel 57:357-63. 2003
- Form prayer and nursing care: Christian perspectives
Graduate School of Theology and Graduate Program, School of Nursing, Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, Calif 91702 7000, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 17:239-40. 2003
..This article, offers a few forms of prayer that might be helpful in specific patient care situations...
- Religious and spiritual beliefs in stroke rehabilitation
Scientific Institute for Research, Hospitalization, and Health Care IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana, Rome, Italy
Clin Exp Hypertens 32:329-34. 2010
..An explorative study of a larger size, which also takes into consideration the cultural background and religious beliefs of all patients, is warranted in the longterm...
- Patients' views about physicians' spiritual role in medical practice
Department of Family Medicine, The Aga Khan University, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 14:462-5. 2004
..To study patient perceptions with regard to spirituality in medical practice...
- Complementary and alternative medicine use among urban ED patients: prevalence and patterns
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Emerg Nurs 30:318-24. 2004
..Published studies examining prevalence and patterns of CAM use in emergency patients, however, are limited. The objectives of this study were to describe the prevalence and patterns of CAM use in urban ED patients...
- Men of prayer: spirituality of men with prostate cancer: a grounded theory study
Carroll College, USA
J Holist Nurs 22:133-51. 2004
..These results were validated by four of the participants for truthfulness. The findings of this study provide holistic nurses with knowledge and a midrange theory of spirituality that can be used in building a research-based practice...
- Prevalence of complementary medicine use in pediatric cancer: a systematic review
Felicity L Bishop
Complementary Medicine Research Unit, Department of Primary Medical Care, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Aldermoor Health Centre, Aldermoor Close, Southampton, Hampshire SO16 5ST, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 125:768-76. 2010
..Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is used by pediatric patients with cancer, but the actual frequency of CAM use is undetermined...
- Nonbiomedical stroke practitioners in Aceh
Health Sciences and Social Care, Brunel University, Uxbridge, UK
Int J Stroke 6:152-4. 2011
..There were a number of areas of overlap between the two categories; some of these influences were also evident in the biomedical practitioners...
- Families' use of religion/spirituality as a psychosocial resource
Allied Health, Oakland Community College, Waterford, Michigan, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 16:61-76. 2002
..Implications for health care providers and administrators are discussed...
- The MANTRA II study
Richard P Sloan
Lancet 366:1769-70; author reply 1770-1. 2005
- Health promoting habits of people who pray for their health
John T Harrigan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
J Relig Health 50:602-7. 2011
..People who pray for their health participate in more health promoting behaviors than people who do not pray for their health...
- Child welfare versus parental autonomy: medical ethics, the law, and faith-based healing
Kenneth S Hickey
Department of Emergency Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth Medical Center, Richmond, VA 23298 0401, USA
Theor Med Bioeth 25:265-76. 2004
..In this paper, we provide a framework for these requirements...