Genomes and Genes
Summary: Treatment of disease by inserting needles along specific pathways or meridians. The placement varies with the disease being treated. It is sometimes used in conjunction with heat, moxibustion, acupressure, or electric stimulation.
Publications311 found, 100 shown here
- German Acupuncture Trials (GERAC) for chronic low back pain: randomized, multicenter, blinded, parallel-group trial with 3 groupsMichael Haake
Orthopaedic Department, University of Regensburg, Bad Abbach, Germany
Arch Intern Med 167:1892-8. 2007..To our knowledge, verum acupuncture has never been directly compared with sham acupuncture and guideline-based conventional therapy in patients with chronic low back pain...
- The analgesic efficacy of bee venom acupuncture for knee osteoarthritis: a comparative study with needle acupunctureY B Kwon
Department of Veterinary Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Suwon, Korea
Am J Chin Med 29:187-99. 2001..of subjects receiving BV acupuncture reported substantial pain relief as compared with those receiving traditional needle acupuncture therapy. Furthermore, the IRT score was significantly improved and paralleled the level of pain relief.
- Effects of trigger point acupuncture on chronic low back pain in elderly patients--a sham-controlled randomised trialKazunori Itoh
Department of Clinical Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Meiji University of Oriental Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Acupunct Med 24:5-12. 2006..Our objective was to evaluate the effects of trigger point acupuncture on pain and quality of life in chronic low back pain patients compared with sham acupuncture...
- Acupuncture modulates the limbic system and subcortical gray structures of the human brain: evidence from fMRI studies in normal subjectsK K Hui
MGH NMR Center, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston 02129, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 9:13-25. 2000..We hypothesize that modulation of subcortical structures may be an important mechanism by which acupuncture exerts its complex multisystem effects...
- Acupuncture: theory, efficacy, and practiceTed J Kaptchuk
Division of Research and Education in Complementary and Integrative Medical Therapies, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Ann Intern Med 136:374-83. 2002..Acupuncture may stimulate gene expression of neuropeptides. The training and provision of acupuncture care in the United States are rapidly expanding...
- Effects of electroacupuncture versus manual acupuncture on the human brain as measured by fMRIVitaly Napadow
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 24:193-205. 2005....
- Acupuncture modulates resting state connectivity in default and sensorimotor brain networksRupali P Dhond
MGH MIT HMS Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Pain 136:407-18. 2008..This modulation and sympathovagal response may relate to acupuncture analgesia and other potential therapeutic effects...
- The impact of patient expectations on outcomes in four randomized controlled trials of acupuncture in patients with chronic painKlaus Linde
Centre for Complementary Medicine Research, Department of Internal Medicine II, Technische Universitat Munchen, Kaiserstr 9, 80801 Munich, Germany
Pain 128:264-71. 2007..03 (1.26-3.26) and 2.35 (1.68-3.30), respectively. Results from the 6-month follow-up were similar. In conclusion, in our trials a significant association was shown between better improvement and higher outcome expectations...
- Acupuncture for patients with migraine: a randomized controlled trialKlaus Linde
Centre for Complementary Medicine Research, Department of Internal Medicine II, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
JAMA 293:2118-25. 2005..Acupuncture is widely used to prevent migraine attacks, but the available evidence of its benefit is scarce...
- Safety of acupuncture: results of a prospective observational study with 229,230 patients and introduction of a medical information and consent formClaudia M Witt
Institute for Social Medicine, Epidemiology, and Health Economics, Charite University Medical Center, Berlin, Germany
Forsch Komplementmed 16:91-7. 2009..To evaluate the safety of acupuncture in a large number of patients receiving conventional health care and, based on these results, to develop a new medical consent form for acupuncture...
- Validating a new non-penetrating sham acupuncture device: two randomised controlled trialsJongbae Park
Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, University of Exeter, Exeter, UK
Acupunct Med 20:168-74. 2002..It is therefore a valid control for acupuncture trials. The findings also lend support to the existence of de qi, a major concept underlying traditional Chinese acupuncture...
- Acupuncture in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomised trialC Witt
Institute of Social Medicine, Epidemiology, and Health Economics, Charité University Medical Centre, Berlin, Germany
Lancet 366:136-43. 2005..We investigated the efficacy of acupuncture compared with minimal acupuncture and with no acupuncture in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee...
- Effectiveness of acupuncture as adjunctive therapy in osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized, controlled trialBrian M Berman
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21207, USA
Ann Intern Med 141:901-10. 2004..Evidence on the efficacy of acupuncture for reducing the pain and dysfunction of osteoarthritis is equivocal...
- Characteristic and incidental (placebo) effects in complex interventions such as acupunctureCharlotte Paterson
MRC Health Services Research Collaboration, Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 2PR
BMJ 330:1202-5. 2005
- The acceptability of acupuncture for low back pain: a qualitative study of patient's experiences nested within a randomised controlled trialAnn Hopton
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, York, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e56806. 2013..This study used patient interviews following acupuncture treatment for back pain to identify, understand and describe the elements that contribute or detract from acceptability of treatment...
- How large are the nonspecific effects of acupuncture? A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsKlaus Linde
Institute of General Practice, Technische Universitat Munchen, Orleansstrasse 47, D 81667 Munich, Germany
BMC Med 8:75. 2010..This raises the question whether (sham) acupuncture is associated with particularly potent nonspecific effects. We aimed to investigate the size of nonspecific effects associated with acupuncture interventions...
- Acupuncture modulates spontaneous activities in the anticorrelated resting brain networksLijun Bai
Life Science Research Center, School of Life Science and Technology, Xidian University, Xi an, China
Brain Res 1279:37-49. 2009....
- Acupuncture mobilizes the brain's default mode and its anti-correlated network in healthy subjectsKathleen K S Hui
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 149 13th St, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Brain Res 1287:84-103. 2009..Our results suggest that acupuncture mobilizes the anti-correlated functional networks of the brain to mediate its actions, and that the effect is dependent on the psychophysical response...
- Acupuncture and knee osteoarthritis: a three-armed randomized trialHanns Peter Scharf
University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Ann Intern Med 145:12-20. 2006..Despite the popularity of acupuncture, evidence of its efficacy for reducing pain remains equivocal...
- Patients seeking care from acupuncture practitioners in the UK: a national surveyHugh MacPherson
Foundation for Traditional Chinese Medicine, York, UK
Complement Ther Med 14:20-30. 2006..Our secondary aim was to compare the profiles of acupuncture patients with those of a patient survey undertaken in 1988...
- The effect of acupuncture on allergic rhinitis: a randomized controlled clinical trialAnna Lena Magnusson
Bollebygd s Primary Health Care Center, Bollebygd, Sweden
Am J Chin Med 32:105-15. 2004..No differences in clinical symptoms were seen between active versus sham acupuncture, thus the conclusion being that the effect of acupuncture on allergic rhinitis should be further evaluated in larger randomized studies...
- Effect of acupuncture given at the HT 7, ST 36, ST 40 and KI 3 acupoints on various parts of the brains of Alzheimer' s disease patientsYoulong Zhou
Department of Neurology, Xuan Wu Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Acupunct Electrother Res 33:9-17. 2008..The present study provided the strong evidence that acupuncture had a potential effect on AD, and in partial revealed the mechanism...
- Is acupuncture safe? A systematic review of case reportsLixing Lao
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Complementary Medicine Program, Baltimore, USA
Altern Ther Health Med 9:72-83. 2003..This paper, therefore, addresses the following question: What is the frequency and severity of adverse complications and events in acupuncture treatment?..
- Acupuncture therapy for chronic lower back pain: a systematic reviewDionysios Trigkilidas
Orthopaedic Department, Milton Keynes Hospital NHS Trust, Milton Keynes, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 92:595-8. 2010..The aim of this systematic review was to evaluate if this treatment option is justified in view of recent evidence available on the efficacy of acupuncture...
- Revised STandards for Reporting Interventions in Clinical Trials of Acupuncture (STRICTA): extending the CONSORT statementHugh MacPherson
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK
Acupunct Med 28:83-93. 2010..It is intended that the revised STRICTA checklist, in conjunction with both the main CONSORT statement and extension for non-pharmacological treatment, will raise the quality of reporting of clinical trials of acupuncture...
- De qi: Chinese acupuncture patients' experiences and beliefs regarding acupuncture needling sensation--an exploratory surveyJun J Mao
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicne, USA
Acupunct Med 25:158-65. 2007..The aim of this study was to describe Chinese acupuncture patients' perceived sensations of, and beliefs about, acupuncture needling...
- True and sham acupuncture produced similar frequency of ovulation and improved LH to FSH ratios in women with polycystic ovary syndromeLisa M Pastore
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:3143-50. 2011..Acupuncture may represent a nonpharmaceutical treatment for women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), based on four studies...
- Is acupuncture beneficial in depression: a meta-analysis of 8 randomized controlled trials?Hao Wang
Department of Pharmacology and Biostatistics, Institute of Medical Sciences, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, China
J Affect Disord 111:125-34. 2008..This updated meta-analysis was conducted to more precisely assess the beneficial effect of acupuncture in depression therapy...
- Partial correlation investigation on the default mode network involved in acupuncture: an fMRI studyPeng Liu
School of Sino Dutch Biomedical and Information Engineering, Northeastern University, Shenyang, Liaoning 110004, China
Neurosci Lett 462:183-7. 2009..We suggested that the distinct modulation patterns to the DMN attributed to the different effects evoked by the three acupoints and one sham point...
- Lessons from a trial of acupuncture and massage for low back pain: patient expectations and treatment effectsD Kalauokalani
Washington University Pain Center, St Louis, MO, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:1418-24. 2001..The findings also may be important for therapy choices made in the clinical setting...
- Efficacy of acupuncture for the prophylaxis of migraine: a multicentre randomised controlled clinical trialHans Christoph Diener
Department of Neurology, University Essen, Essen, Germany
Lancet Neurol 5:310-6. 2006....
- Effects of acupuncture on rates of pregnancy and live birth among women undergoing in vitro fertilisation: systematic review and meta-analysisEric Manheimer
Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 2200 Kernan Drive, Kernan Hospital Mansion, Baltimore, MD 21207, USA
BMJ 336:545-9. 2008..To evaluate whether acupuncture improves rates of pregnancy and live birth when used as an adjuvant treatment to embryo transfer in women undergoing in vitro fertilisation...
- Anti-inflammatory actions of acupunctureFreek J Zijlstra
Department of Anesthesiology, Erasmus Medical Centre, Centre Location, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Mediators Inflamm 12:59-69. 2003..The complex interactions with substance P, the analgesic contribution of beta-endorphin and the balance between cell-specific pro-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines tumour necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-10 are discussed...
- Does acupuncture improve motor recovery after stroke? A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsFrank Kai hoi Sze
Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, Shatin Hospital, N T Hong Kong
Stroke 33:2604-19. 2002..Acupuncture may be a promising treatment for poststroke paralysis. We conducted a meta-analysis, assessing the efficacy of acupuncture with and without stroke rehabilitation...
- FMRI connectivity analysis of acupuncture effects on an amygdala-associated brain networkWei Qin
Medical Image Processing Group, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, PR China
Mol Pain 4:55. 2008..Recently, increasing evidence has indicated that the primary acupuncture effects are mediated by the central nervous system. However, specific brain networks underpinning these effects remain unclear...
- Brain encoding of acupuncture sensation--coupling on-line rating with fMRIVitaly Napadow
MGH HMS MIT Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Neuroimage 47:1055-65. 2009..Hence, acupuncture may function as a somatosensory-guided mind-body therapy...
- Functional MRI in healthy subjects during acupuncture: different effects of needle rotation in real and false acupointsJ L Fang
Department of Radiology, Guang An Men Hospital, China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Bei Xian Ge 5, 100053 Peking, China
Neuroradiology 46:359-62. 2004..These specific cerebral activation patterns might explain the therapeutic effects of acupuncture in certain subjects...
- Self-help advice as a process integral to traditional acupuncture care: implications for trial designHugh MacPherson
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, UK
Complement Ther Med 16:101-6. 2008..In this paper, we explore the delivery of self-help advice as a component of the process of acupuncture care, and discuss the implications for future trial designs...
- The mechanism of acupuncture and clinical applicationsMehmet Tugrul Cabýoglu
Department of Physiology, Selcuk University, Faculty of Meram Medica, Konya, Turkey
Int J Neurosci 116:115-25. 2006....
- Acupuncture modulates temporal neural responses in wide brain networks: evidence from fMRI studyLijun Bai
Medical Image Processing Group, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100190, China
Mol Pain 6:73. 2010....
- Acupuncture for irritable bowel syndrome: primary care based pragmatic randomised controlled trialHugh MacPherson
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, York, UK
BMC Gastroenterol 12:150. 2012..The purpose of the study was to evaluate the effectiveness of acupuncture for irritable bowel syndrome in primary care when provided as an adjunct to usual care...
- Autonomic activation in insomnia: the case for acupunctureWei Huang
Atlanta VA Medical Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 7:95-102. 2011..Our review indicates the necessity for further research in the relationship between the effects of acupuncture on insomnia and autonomic regulation, which might guide better selective use of this treatment modality for insomnia...
- Effect of sensory stimulation (acupuncture) on sympathetic and parasympathetic activities in healthy subjectsE Haker
Department of Physical Therapy, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Auton Nerv Syst 79:52-9. 2000..The purpose of this study was to investigate to what extent acupuncture applied into the thenar muscle and into the cavum concha of the ear induced changes in the sympathetic and/or parasympathetic nervous system in healthy subjects...
- The brain effects of laser acupuncture in healthy individuals: an FMRI investigationIm Quah-Smith
School of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS ONE 5:e12619. 2010....
- Acupuncture as a complementary therapy to the pharmacological treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee: randomised controlled trialJorge Vas
Pain Treatment Unit, Centro de Salud Dos Hermanas A Distrito Sanitario Sevilla Sur, 41700 Dos Hermanas, Spain
BMJ 329:1216. 2004....
- Acupuncture for chronic neck pain: a pilot for a randomised controlled trialGemma C Salter
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, York, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 7:99. 2006..The aim of this study was to conduct a pilot randomised controlled parallel arm trial, to establish key features required for the design and implementation of a large-scale trial on acupuncture for chronic neck pain...
- Acupuncture as a complex intervention for depression: a consensus method to develop a standardised treatment protocol for a randomised controlled trialHugh MacPherson
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, Heslington, York, United Kingdom
Complement Ther Med 15:92-100. 2007....
- Individually integrated traditional Chinese medicine approach in the management of knee osteoarthritis: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialYuelong Cao
Research Institute of Orthopaedics, Shuguang Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 528 Zhangheng Road, PuDong New Area, 201203, Shanghai, China
Trials 12:160. 2011..This trial is aimed to compare the efficacy of an individually integrated TCM approach in the management of knee OA with other single treatments as parallel randomized controls...
- Acupuncture and exercise restore adipose tissue expression of sympathetic markers and improve ovarian morphology in rats with dihydrotestosterone-induced PCOSLouise Mannerås
Department of Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 296:R1124-31. 2009....
- A qualitative analysis of adolescents' experiences of active and sham Japanese-style acupuncture protocols administered in a clinical trialLisa Conboy
New England School of Acupuncture, Newton, MA, USA
J Altern Complement Med 14:699-705. 2008..Qualitative research is one way to capture such complexity. This study sought to understand better the experiences of adolescents involved in acupuncture treatment...
- Acupuncture for pain: an overview of Cochrane reviewsMyeong Soo Lee
Brain Disease Research Center, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon, South Korea
Chin J Integr Med 17:187-9. 2011..Cochrane reviews have the reputation for being more transparent and rigorous than other reviews. The aim of this overview was to evaluate and summarize Cochrane reviews of acupuncture for the treatment of any type of pain...
- [Effects of reinforcing and reducing methods by twirling and rotating the needle on contents of CGRP and NO in rats with stress-induced hypertension]Li Wang
TCM International Cooperation Center of China, Beijing 100101, China
Zhongguo Zhen Jiu 31:337-41. 2011..To explore the different effects of reinforcing and reducing methods by twirling and rotating the needle on stress-induced hypertension and its mechanism...
- Acupuncture increases cerebral glucose metabolism in human vascular dementiaYong Huang
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Int J Neurosci 117:1029-37. 2007..The findings further underpin acupuncture's role in stroke and VaD rehabilitation...
- Acupuncture and transcutaneous nerve stimulation in stroke rehabilitation: a randomized, controlled trialB B Johansson
Department of Neurology, Lund University Hospital, Lund
Stroke 32:707-13. 2001....
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging activation of the brain in children: real acupoint versus sham acupointYun Wu
Department of Neurology, Beijing Children s Hospital, The Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
J Child Neurol 25:849-55. 2010..Various regions of the brain were activated in 2 acupoints. However, the pattern was different for the 2 acupoints. We suggest specific cerebral activation patterns with acupuncture might explain some of its therapeutic effect...
- Acupuncture for irritable bowel syndrome: a protocol for a pragmatic randomised controlled trialHugh MacPherson
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, UK
BMC Gastroenterol 10:63. 2010..Building on the positive findings from a pilot study, in this paper we present the protocol for a fully-powered trial designed to establish whether or not acupuncture is effective and cost-effective...
- Exploring practice characteristics and research priorities of practitioners of traditional acupuncture in China and the EU-A surveyNicola Robinson
London South Bank University, 103 Borough Road, London, SE1 0AA, UK
J Ethnopharmacol 140:604-13. 2012..Little is known about differences in the perceptions of research evidence among practitioners in the European Union (EU) and China, given the diversity of acupuncture practice...
- How well do randomized trials inform decision making: systematic review using comparative effectiveness research measures on acupuncture for back painClaudia M Witt
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Center for Integrative Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e32399. 2012....
- An experimental study on the self-report of acupuncture needle sensation during deep needling with bi-directional rotationAlex Benham
Faculty of Health, Leeds Metropolitan University, Civic Quarter, Leeds LS1 3HE, UK
Acupunct Med 28:16-20. 2010..The aim of this crossover study was to measure self-reported needle sensation during deep and bi-directional rotated needling in 15 healthy volunteers...
- Guideline for the management of postoperative nausea and vomitingGeoff McCracken
Toronto ON, Canada
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 30:600-7, 608-16. 2008..Recognizing that we must work as a team to optimize the care of our patients perioperatively, this guideline was written in partnership with anaesthesiologists...
- An fMRI study showing the effect of acupuncture in chronic stage stroke patients with aphasiaAnson C M Chau
Department of Medicine, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Acupunct Meridian Stud 3:53-7. 2010..These preliminary results suggest that acupuncture may be beneficial to language recovery in chronic stroke patients...
- Parsing brain activity associated with acupuncture treatment in Parkinson's diseasesYounbyoung Chae
Department of Meridian and Acupoint, College of Korean Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Mov Disord 24:1794-802. 2009..These findings suggest that acupuncture treatment might facilitate improvement in the motor functioning of patients with PD via the basal ganglia-thalamocortical circuit...
- Are sham acupuncture interventions more effective than (other) placebos? A re-analysis of data from the Cochrane review on placebo effectsKlaus Linde
Institute of General Practice, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Forsch Komplementmed 17:259-64. 2010..We re-analyzed the data from this review to investigate whether effects associated with sham acupuncture differed from those of other 'physical placebos'...
- Does needling sensation (de qi) affect treatment outcome in pain? Analysis of data from a larger single-blind, randomised controlled trialPeter White
School of Health Sciences, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton SO171BJ, UK
Acupunct Med 28:120-5. 2010..Most acupuncturists are taught that obtaining de qi is important when treating patients with pain but this can be quite uncomfortable for patients...
- Reproduction of scalp acupuncture therapy on strokes in the model rats, spontaneous hypertensive rats-stroke prone (SHR-SP)Isao Inoue
Institute for Enzyme Research, Tokushima University, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Neurosci Lett 333:191-4. 2002..This model is well suited to study the mechanism of the effects of SA in parallel with clinical studies, and to describe the whole recovery process after the stroke onset...
- Patient characteristics and variation in treatment outcomes: which patients benefit most from acupuncture for chronic pain?Claudia M Witt
Institute for Social Medicine, Epidemiology, and Health Economics, Charite Medical Center, Berlin, Germany
Clin J Pain 27:550-5. 2011..The aim of this study was to identify patients' characteristics that increase or decrease their benefit from acupuncture treatment of chronic pain...
- Acupuncture sensation during ultrasound guided acupuncture needlingJongbae J Park
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, UNC Chapel Hill, School of Medicine, 1st Floor, North Wing, UNC Hospitals, Campus Box 7200, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Acupunct Med 29:257-65. 2011Although acupuncture sensation (also known as de qi) is a cornerstone of traditional acupuncture therapy, most research has accepted the traditional method of defining acupuncture sensation only through subjective patient reports rather ..
- The placebo needle, is it a valid and convincing placebo for use in acupuncture trials? A randomised, single-blind, cross-over pilot trialPeter White
Complementary Medicine Research Unit, Mail Point OPH, Royal South Hants Hospital, University of Southampton, Brintons Terrace, Southampton, UK
Pain 106:401-9. 2003..Further work on inter-tester reliability and standardisation of technique is highly recommended before we can be confident about using this needle in further studies...
- The efficacy of acupuncture in the treatment of temporomandibular joint myofascial pain: a randomised controlled trialPhilip Smith
School of Dentistry, The University of Manchester, Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester M15 6FH, United Kingdom
J Dent 35:259-67. 2007..To compare the effect of real acupuncture and sham acupuncture in the treatment of temporomandibulat joint myofascial pain, in order to establish the true efficacy of acupuncture...
- Brain areas involved in acupuncture treatment on functional dyspepsia patients: a PET-CT studyFang Zeng
Acupuncture and Tuina School, Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chengdu 610075, China
Neurosci Lett 456:6-10. 2009....
- Extent of acupuncture practice for infertility in the United Kingdom: experiences and perceptions of the practitionersMark Bovey
Acupuncture Research Resource Centre, Thames Valley University, Brentford, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 94:2569-73. 2010..To investigate acupuncture practitioners' experience and perceptions of supporting patients presenting with fertility issues...
- New findings of the correlation between acupoints and corresponding brain cortices using functional MRIZ H Cho
Department of Radiological Sciences, Psychiatry, and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:2670-3. 1998..The results obtained demonstrate the correlation between activation of specific areas of brain cortices and corresponding acupoint stimulation predicted by ancient acupuncture literature...
- A cumulative review of the range and incidence of significant adverse events associated with acupunctureAdrian White
Peninsula Medical School, Plymouth, UK
Acupunct Med 22:122-33. 2004..To summarise the range and frequency of significant adverse events associated with acupuncture in order to provide evidence on which to base continuing efforts to improve the safety of acupuncture practice...
- The impact of placebo, psychopathology, and expectations on the response to acupuncture needling in patients with chronic low back painAjay Darsh Wasan
Department of Anesthesiology, Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Pain 11:555-63. 2010..Psychiatric comorbidity does not significantly impact acupuncture or placebo acupuncture analgesia in CLBP. It does not affect the positive impact of expectations on reported pain relief from real acupuncture...
- Deqi sensation between the acupuncture-experienced and the naïve: a Korean study IIJongbae Park
Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, Universities of Exeter and Plymouth, UK
Am J Chin Med 33:329-37. 2005..In addition, a constellation of Deqi-related acupuncture-specific sensations is more than just a general pain intensity dimension, which requires a biochemical and physiological exploration...
- Credibility of a newly designed placebo needle for clinical trials in acupuncture researchM Fink
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hannover Medical School
Forsch Komplementarmed Klass Naturheilkd 8:368-72. 2001..To test the credibility of a newly designed placebo needle for acupuncture research...
- Standards for Reporting Interventions in Controlled Trials of Acupuncture: the STRICTA recommendationsHugh MacPherson
STRICTA Group, Foundation for Traditional Chinese Medicine, York, United Kingdom
J Altern Complement Med 8:85-9. 2002..The intended outcome is that interventions in controlled trials of acupuncture will be more adequately reported, thereby facilitating an improvement in critical appraisal, analysis and replication of trials...
- Acupuncture for migraine prophylaxis: a randomized controlled trialYing Li
Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
CMAJ 184:401-10. 2012..Acupuncture is commonly used to treat migraine. We assessed the efficacy of acupuncture at migraine-specific acupuncture points compared with other acupuncture points and sham acupuncture...
- Beyond needling--therapeutic processes in acupuncture care: a qualitative study nested within a low-back pain trialHugh MacPherson
Foundation for Traditional Chinese Medicine, York, UK
J Altern Complement Med 12:873-80. 2006..An informed characterization of the treatment process is needed to support the appropriate design of evaluative studies in acupuncture...
- Changes in blood circulation of the contralateral Achilles tendon during and after acupuncture and heatingK Kubo
Life Science Sports Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
Int J Sports Med 32:807-13. 2011..These results obtained from the healthy subjects imply that blood circulation in the injured tendon in a plaster cast may be improved by applying acupuncture or heating treatments to the contralateral healthy limb...
- Randomized, blinded, sham-controlled trial of acupuncture for the management of aromatase inhibitor-associated joint symptoms in women with early-stage breast cancerKatherine D Crew
Columbia University, 161 Fort Washington Ave, 10 1068, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:1154-60. 2010..Acupuncture is an effective and well-tolerated strategy for managing this common treatment-related side effect...
- Acupuncture versus venlafaxine for the management of vasomotor symptoms in patients with hormone receptor-positive breast cancer: a randomized controlled trialEleanor M Walker
Department of Radiation Oncology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:634-40. 2010..This randomized controlled trial tested whether acupuncture reduces vasomotor symptoms and produces fewer adverse effects than venlafaxine...
- The soreness and numbness effect of acupuncture on skin blood flowTsun Cheng Kuo
Department of Cosmetic Science, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Taiwan, R O C
Am J Chin Med 32:117-29. 2004..Thus, our results suggest that increased flow may be one of the mechanisms accounting for meridian system responses during acupuncture...
- The effectiveness and safety of acupuncture therapy in depressive disorders: systematic review and meta-analysisZhang Jin Zhang
School of Chinese Medicine, LKS Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Affect Disord 124:9-21. 2010....
- A randomised controlled trial of acupuncture care for persistent low back pain: cost effectiveness analysisJ Ratcliffe
School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield
BMJ 333:626. 2006..To evaluate the cost effectiveness of acupuncture in the management of persistent non-specific low back pain...
- Effects of acupuncture and stabilising exercises as adjunct to standard treatment in pregnant women with pelvic girdle pain: randomised single blind controlled trialHelen Elden
Perinatal Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Institute for the Health of Women and Children, Sahlgrenska Academy, East Hospital, 41685 Gothenburg, Sweden
BMJ 330:761. 2005..To compare the efficacy of standard treatment, standard treatment plus acupuncture, and standard treatment plus stabilising exercises for pelvic girdle pain during pregnancy...
- Can individuals identify if needling was performed with an acupuncture needle or a non-penetrating sham needle?Anna Enblom
Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Division of Nursing Science, Linkoping University, Sweden
Complement Ther Med 16:288-94. 2008..A control treatment in acupuncture research must be credible, regardless if the needling is performed by one or by several therapists...
- Acupuncture for patients with chronic neck painClaudia M Witt
Institute of Social Medicine, Epidemiology, and Health Economics, Charite University Medical Center, Berlin, Germany
Pain 125:98-106. 2006..Treatment with acupuncture added to routine care in patients with chronic neck pain was associated with improvements in neck pain and disability compared to treatment with routine care alone...
- The neuroimmune basis of anti-inflammatory acupunctureBen Kavoussi
Southern California University of Health Sciences, College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Whittier, CA, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 6:251-7. 2007..The use of acupuncture as an adjunct therapy to conventional medical treatment for a number of chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases seems plausible and should be validated by confirming its cholinergicity...
- Patient reports of adverse events associated with acupuncture treatment: a prospective national surveyH MacPherson
Foundation for Traditional Chinese Medicine, York, UK
Qual Saf Health Care 13:349-55. 2004..Secondary aims included the measurement of patient reported adverse consequences arising from advice received about conventional/prescribed medication or from delayed conventional diagnosis and treatment...
- An fMRI study of somatosensory-implicated acupuncture points in stable somatosensory stroke patientsGeng Li
The Jockey Club MRI Centre, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Magn Reson Imaging 24:1018-24. 2006..To assess differences in brain responses between stroke patients and controls to tactile and electrical acupuncture stimulation using functional MRI (fMRI)...
- Acupuncture use in the United States: findings from the National Health Interview SurveyAdam Burke
Institute for Holistic Healing Studies, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA 94132, USA
J Altern Complement Med 12:639-48. 2006..To improve understanding of its role in personal health care, an analysis of national data was conducted to examine user sociodemographics, conditions treated, and the relationship of use with conventional Western medical care...
- A randomized trial comparing acupuncture, simulated acupuncture, and usual care for chronic low back painDaniel C Cherkin
Center for Health Studies, 1730 Minor Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Arch Intern Med 169:858-66. 2009..This trial addresses the importance of needle placement and skin penetration in eliciting acupuncture effects for patients with chronic low back pain...
- A randomized double blind comparison of real and placebo acupuncture in IVF treatmentEmily Wing Sze So
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Hum Reprod 24:341-8. 2009..This randomized double blind study aimed to compare real acupuncture with placebo acupuncture in patients undergoing IVF treatment...
- Acupuncture in poststroke rehabilitation: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trialsPing Wu
Department of Research and Clinical Epidemiology, The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Stroke 41:e171-9. 2010..To comprehensively assess the efficacy of acupuncture in poststroke rehabilitation, we conducted a systematic review and meta-analysis of all randomized clinical trials of acupuncture for poststroke rehabilitation...
- Acupuncture in patients with allergic rhinitis: a pragmatic randomized trialBenno Brinkhaus
Institute of Social Medicine, Epidemiology, and Health Economics, Charite University Medical Center, Berlin, Germany
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 101:535-43. 2008..Acupuncture is widely used in patients with allergic rhinitis, but the available evidence of its effectiveness is insufficient...
- Mechanism of acupuncture on neuromodulation in the gut--a reviewToku Takahashi
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin and Zablocki VA Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI 53295, USA
Neuromodulation 14:8-12; discussion 12. 2011..Acupuncture has been used for treating various gastrointestinal (GI) diseases. However, the mechanism of acupuncture remains unclear...
- Acupuncture for insomnia in pregnancy--a prospective, quasi-randomised, controlled studyJoão Bosco Guerreiro da Silva
Medical School of São José do Rio Preto, Brazil
Acupunct Med 23:47-51. 2005..This study was undertaken to test the effects of acupuncture on insomnia in a group of pregnant women under real life conditions, and to compare the results with a group of patients undergoing conventional treatment alone (sleep hygiene)...
- The effectiveness of acupuncture for depression--a systematic review of randomised controlled trialsYoshito Mukaino
Department of Complementary Medicine, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
Acupunct Med 23:70-6. 2005..To summarise the existing evidence on acupuncture as a therapy for depression...
- Distinct brain networks for time-varied characteristics of acupunctureJixin Liu
School of Electronic Engineering, Xidian University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710071, China
Neurosci Lett 468:353-8. 2010..Our findings provide direct evidence that the post-needling resting state contains acupuncture-related effects that are due to the slow-acting nature of acupuncture...
- Electro-acupuncture stimulation protects dopaminergic neurons from inflammation-mediated damage in medial forebrain bundle-transected ratsXian Yu Liu
Neuroscience Research Institute, Peking University, Beijing 100083, PR China
Exp Neurol 189:189-96. 2004..Taken together with our previous results, this study suggests that the neuroprotective effect of EA on the dopaminergic neurons may stem from the collaboration of its anti-inflammatory and neurotrophic actions...
- Acupuncture/Functional Imaging of the BrainZang Hee Cho; Fiscal Year: 2002..in vivo to facilitate reproducibility of fMRI-acupuncture research and to improve the effectiveness of acupuncture therapy; and 4) to study patients with focal cerebrovascular accidents (CVA's or strokes) of the visual cortex when ..
- Brain Imaging-Acupuncture and OsteoarthritisJohn Farrar; Fiscal Year: 2004..In order to carefully explore the significance of changes that occur in CBF with acupuncture therapy, the brain scans should be correlated with clinical response in a clinical trial setting of a common, well ..
- Brain Plasticity in Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and its Response to AcupunctureVitaly Napadow; Fiscal Year: 2012..In Aim 3 we will investigate the immediate and longitudinal response in central biomarkers to acupuncture therapy. Hence, we will utilize fMRI neuroimaging to better delineate the central mechanisms by which acupuncture ..
- Acupuncture for Symptom Management in Veterans with Hepatitis CPatricia Taylor-Young; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will also establish whether there is sufficient benefit from acupuncture therapy to warrant further study with a randomized control trial...
- Neuroimaging Acupuncture Effects Brain Activity in Chronic low Back PainBruce R Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2013..neuroimaging can inform a testable neurobiological model that identifies diverse mechanisms of action for acupuncture therapy with versus without somatosensory afference...
- Acupuncture Trialists'Collaboration: meta-analysis of chronic pain trialsAndrew J Vickers; Fiscal Year: 2013..predictors of acupuncture benefit;the time course of acupuncture effects;whether there are acupuncture 'responders'that have exceptional improvements after acupuncture therapy;whether outcomes vary between practitioners.
- Effects of Acupuncture-Induced nNOS-NO in Dorsal Medulla on Sensory NeuropathySheng Xing Ma; Fiscal Year: 2010..public health by exploring a novel anti-nociceptive mechanism of acupuncture and by establishing a better acupuncture therapy based on scientific evidence of inducing nitric oxide and its synthase in the dorsal medulla for treatment ..
- A Method for Evaluating Acupuncture Therapy in Pain ManagementLucy L Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, the clinical effectiveness of acupuncture therapy remains difficult to assess...
- ACUPUNCTURE NEEDLING ON CONNECTIVE TISSUE BY ULTRASOUNDHELENE LANGEVIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..understanding this local tissue reaction will lead to an understanding of how the therapeutic effect of acupuncture therapy arises...
- Neurobiol mechanism/acupuncture therapy/alcoholismJiang Hong Ye; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our long-range goal is to understand the neurobiological principles underlying acupuncture therapy for alcoholism...
- Methodology of Phase I and II trials of anticancer CAMAndrew Vickers; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Acupuncture and Low Back Pain during PregnancyShu Ming Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Acupuncture to aid post-colectomy recovery in colorectal cancer patientsGary Deng; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Status and Future of Acupuncture Research: 10 Years Post-NIH Consensus ConferLixing Lao; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed conference will do so. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Enhancing the Placebo Effect in Irritable Bowel SyndromeTed Kaptchuk; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- An Integrative Healing Model in IBSTed Kaptchuk; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- SHAM DEVICE, PILL PLACEBO OR TREATMENT FOR ARM PAINTed Kaptchuk; Fiscal Year: 2003..Outcomes in these studies will include assessments of the nature and severity of upper extremity pain, function, grip and pinch strength, and mood. ..
- Mechanisms of Acupuncture AnalgesiaRichard Harris; Fiscal Year: 2006..There is a strong institutional commitment to see the applicant succeed in this task due to a tremendous need for well-trained clinical investigators in alternative and complementary medicine. ..
- Relaxation response with acupuncture for HIV patientsBei Hung Chang; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Functional Bowel Disorders in Chinese MedicineBrian Berman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT OF DEPRESSION DURING PREGNANCYRachel Manber; Fiscal Year: 2006..Other important measures include the Beck Depression Inventory (weekly), expectations (of the participants and the providers), and delivery and infant measures. ..
- North American Naturopathic Medical Research ConsortiumLeanna Standish; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Gabapentin for Smoking AbstinenceAmit Sood; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Psychosocial Influences on Systemic LupusCAROL GRECO; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- METHODS IN COMPLEMENTARY/ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE & HIV/AIDSLeanna Standish; Fiscal Year: 2001..The Center is seeking funding to complete analysis of both the AMCOA and Bastyr-Johns Hopkins MACS studies. ..
- Society for Integrative OncologyBarrie Cassileth; Fiscal Year: 2004..This application requests support from NIH to cover costs that remain after anticipated organizational/donor support and registration fees are taken into account. ..
- St. John's Wort for tobacco cessationAmit Sood; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study is anticipated to provide the data needed to develop a larger randomized controlled clinical trial submitted through the R01 funding mechanism to NCCAM. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Massage for Treatment of Pain Advanced CancerBarrie Cassileth; Fiscal Year: 2002..trial could be completed in less than two years, and if the 95 percent confidence interval for the difference between group means includes at least a 20 percent lower mean post-treatment pain score on massage than sham treatment ..
- Antidepressant & CBT for Insomnia to Depression OutcomeRachel Manber; Fiscal Year: 2006..The findings from the proposed pilot study will inform the design of a subsequent full-scale randomized controlled trial. ..
- Modulatory Effect of Acupuncture on Human Brain ActivityKathleen Hui; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Preventing CVD in Native Populations: Traditional LivingCheryl Ritenbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Multichannel System for Measuring Skin Impedance at Acupuncture PointsAGATHA COLBERT; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Advances in CAM Clinical Research MethodologyCheryl Ritenbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of Short Chain Fatty Acids on Colonic MotilityToku Takahashi; Fiscal Year: 2009..These results may provide a rational explanation as to how low concentrations of luminal SCFAs and stress contributes to the pathogenesis of diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). ..
- Spiritual Self-Reevaluation Therapy for HIV+ Drug UsersArthur Margolin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Treatment process variables to be assessed include HIV information, motivation, and behavioral skills and the shift in addict and spiritual self-schemas from pre to post-treatment. ..
- Acupuncture treatment for post-thoracotomy pain syndromeBarrie Cassileth; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research has the potential of leading to a new treatment option to improve the quality of life of cancer patients and cancer survivors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ORPHANIN FQ (OFQ) EFFECTS ON RAT COLONIC MOTILITYToku Takahashi; Fiscal Year: 2003..This may have important clinical implications since OFQ or its analogues may be beneficial for the treatment of refractory constipation in humans. ..
- Acupuncture/Reproductive Hormones/Ovulation/PolycysticLisa Pastore; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., normal insulin, smaller body mass index) are more responsive to acupuncture therapy. We will also compare enrollment strategies for population-based recruitment of women into an acupuncture ..
- Acupuncture Treatment of Chronic Pain in Pancreatic CaBarrie Cassileth; Fiscal Year: 2002..Otherwise, an additional 19 patients will be accrued. A Phase III trial will be deemed warranted if there are 6 or more responses in total; this is consistent with a 30 percent response rate. ..
- Choices: Family Physicians Treat Overweight ChildrenCheryl Ritenbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2006..Children will be eligible for participation who are above the 90th percentile of BMI for age, and who can have the regular participation of at least one parent or guardian. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Integrative Oncology Research Training Program at MSKCCBarrie Cassileth; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Acupuncture for hot flashes in cancer pts: pilot for RCTBarrie Cassileth; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Developing Patient-Centered Measures for Outcomes of CAM TherapiesCheryl K Ritenbaugh; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- BIOMECHANICAL EFFECT OF ACUPUNCTURE NEEDLINGHELENE LANGEVIN; Fiscal Year: 2001b>Acupuncture therapy involves the needling of specific points on the body known as acupuncture points. Proper needling elicits a characteristic response known as "de qi"...
- Soft Tissue Biomechanical Behavior During Acupuncture in Low Back PainHelene M Langevin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Fragile X Premutations Among Women Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian ReserveLisa Pastore; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ACUPUNCTURE AND COPING SKILLS TRAINING FOR COCAINE ABUSEArthur Margolin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Both clinical efficacy, cost, as well as treatment/patient matching variables, will be examined. ..
- HIV AND COCAINE USE--CARDIOVASCULAR EFFECTS AND THERAPYArthur Margolin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Spirituality Guided HIV Prevention For Drug UsersArthur Margolin; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Evaluating an Internet-Based Curriculum about HerbsKathi Kemper; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results from this project will guide future internet-based Continuing Education programs for busy health professionals. ..
- USUAL CARE VS. CHOICE OF ALTERNATIVE RX: LOW BACK PAINDavid Eisenberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Heart Rate Variability Response to CAM in PediatricsKathi Kemper; Fiscal Year: 2007..The K24 award will free her from clinical, teaching and administrative demands, and allow her to focus her time and attention on research and mentoring activities described in this application. ..
- Sympathetic Nerve Activity and the Skeletal Myopathy of Heart FailureHolly R Middlekauff; Fiscal Year: 2010..2.1 Is the sympatholysis with clonidine associated with a reversal of the skeletal myopathy in HF? 2.2 What is the effect of the improved skeletal myopathy on muscle mechanoreceptor sensitivity in HF? ..
- FUNCTIONAL MRI OF REAL AND SHAM ACUPUNCTURETodd Parrish; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Harp Music: Effects on HRV, Cortisol and ActivityKathi Kemper; Fiscal Year: 2006..Future studies will assess the immediate and long-term impact of different kinds, amounts, frequency and duration of music on physiologic, clinical, behavioral and developmental outcomes in premature infants. ..
- Effect of Massage on Chronic Low Back PainDaniel Cherkin; Fiscal Year: 2008..The findings will help physicians make informed and confident referrals, consumers and insurers make safe and cost-effective choices, and massage schools make responsible curriculum decisions. ..
- Functional Impact of PENS for 65+ Chronic Low Back PainDebra Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- ALPHA-2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL OF COLONIC FUNCTION IN IBSMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- VENLAFAXINE FOR HOT FLASHES FOLLOWING BREAST CANCERJANET CARPENTER; Fiscal Year: 2003..e., t-tests, linear regression, GEE, mixed model). Study findings will significantly contribute to the scientific basis of hot flash management in women following treatment for breast cancer. ..
- Alternative Medicine:Implications for Clinical PracticeDavid Eisenberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- A Novel Vitamin D Target in Human Prostate CancerTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2007..New treatment targets are needed to develop new drugs to treat prostate cancer, the most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second-leading cancer killer in US men. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Acupuncture for shoulder syndrome after ca surgeryDavid Pfister; Fiscal Year: 2004..Data: Standard deviations, mean of control group, correlation between and within baseline and follow-up measures. ..
- Acu/Moxa for Peripheral Neuropathy in Pts with HIVJOYCE ANASTASI; Fiscal Year: 2007..The effects of symptom reduction on quality of life will also be examined. In addition, this application originates from an institution with a NIH Center for AIDS Research (CFAR) and a supportive community network. ..
- Oregon Prostate Cancer Conference 2001TOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Localized Bioimpedance in Neuromuscular DiseaseSEWARD RUTKOVE; Fiscal Year: 2006..As part of this aim, a prototype device for easy use will be developed and tested in the clinical setting. ..
- Efficacy of Acupuncture in Treating Urinary IncontinenceSandra Engberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Resistance and Response Mechanisms to Prostate Cancer TherapyTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test the effectiveness of novel treatments that exploit newly discovered targets in the laboratory and lay the foundation for human trials to develop effective prostate cancer treatment. ..
- Patient-Physician Partnership to Improve HBP AdherenceLisa Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Relaxation-related CAM Therapies for Chronic Back PainDaniel Cherkin; Fiscal Year: 2002..At the conclusion of this project, we will be well positioned to prepare a competitive grant proposal to evaluate relaxation-related CAM therapies for treating both older and younger adults with chronic low back pain. ..
- Effects of Chinese Herbal Medicines on Allergic AsthmaXiu Min Li; Fiscal Year: 2003..Accomplishing these goals should provide an experimental basis for applying Chinese herbal medicines to the treatment of allergic asthma, and for understanding immunoregulatory mechanisms underlying their effects. ..
- Osteoporotic fractures in Chinese men: MrOs Hong KongPING LEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Patient Centered Depression Care for African-AmericansLisa Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..