Genomes and Genes
Summary: A form of acupuncture with electrical impulses passing through the needles to stimulate NERVE TISSUE. It can be used for ANALGESIA; ANESTHESIA; PHYSICAL REHABILITATION; and treatment for diseases.
Publications324 found, 100 shown here
- The effect of electroacupuncture on spontaneous recurrent seizure and expression of GAD(67) mRNA in dentate gyrus in a rat model of epilepsyJianjun Guo
Department of Analysis Measurement Science, College of Chemistry and Molecular Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuchang District, Wuhan, PR China
Brain Res 1188:165-72. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of electroacupuncture (EA) on spontaneous recurrent seizure (SRS) and expression of GAD(67) mRNA in dentate gyrus (DG) in ..
- Acupuncture: neuropeptide release produced by electrical stimulation of different frequenciesJi Sheng Han
Neuroscience Research Institute, Peking University, 38 Xue Yuan Road, Beijing 100083, China
Trends Neurosci 26:17-22. 2003
- Effects of electroacupuncture versus manual acupuncture on the human brain as measured by fMRIVitaly Napadow
Athinoula A Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 24:193-205. 2005The goal of this functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) study was to compare the central effects of electroacupuncture at different frequencies with traditional Chinese manual acupuncture...
- Electroacupuncture increased cerebral blood flow and reduced ischemic brain injury: dependence on stimulation intensity and frequencyFei Zhou
Shanghai Research Center for Acupuncture and Meridians, Shanghai, China
J Appl Physiol (1985) 111:1877-87. 2011..Here we show an exciting finding that optimal electroacupuncture (EA) effectively protects the brain from ischemic injury...
- Acupuncture and endorphinsJi Sheng Han
Neuroscience Research Institute, Peking University and Key Laboratory of Neuroscience Peking University, Ministry of Education, 38 Xue Yuan Road, Beijing 100083, PR China
Neurosci Lett 361:258-61. 2004Acupuncture and electroacupuncture (EA) as complementary and alternative medicine have been accepted worldwide mainly for the treatment of acute and chronic pain...
- Effects of electroacupuncture at Zusanli and Baihui on brain-derived neurotrophic factor and cyclic AMP response element-binding protein in the hippocampal dentate gyrusIn Koo Hwang
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Research Institute for Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, South Korea
J Vet Med Sci 72:1431-6. 2010Previously, we observed that electroacupuncture (EA) at ST36 (Zusanli) and GV20 (Baihui) enhanced cell proliferation and neuroblast differentiation in the rat dentate gyrus...
- An fMRI study of neuronal specificity of an acupoint: electroacupuncture stimulation of Yanglingquan (GB34) and its sham pointByung Jo Na
Department of Internal Medicine, Kang Nam Oriental Medicine Hospital, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Neurosci Lett 464:1-5. 2009..The objective of this study was to investigate the neuronal specificity of an acupoint with electroacupuncture stimulation (EAS) using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)...
- Neural mechanism of electroacupuncture's hypotensive effectsPeng Li
Department of Medicine, Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Auton Neurosci 157:24-30. 2010..Thus, a number of mechanisms underlying the long-lasting effect of EA on cardiovascular function have been identified but clearly further investigation is warranted...
- Neuronal specificity of acupuncture response: a fMRI study with electroacupunctureMing Ting Wu
Department of Radiology, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung 813, Taiwan, Republic of China
Neuroimage 16:1028-37. 2002..With the advantage of objective parameter setting, electroacupuncture (EA) was used in this study to devise three distinct controls for real EA, i.e...
- Imaging the functional connectivity of the Periaqueductal Gray during genuine and sham electroacupuncture treatmentCarolyn E Zyloney
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, USA
Mol Pain 6:80. 2010b>Electroacupuncture (EA) is currently one of the most popular acupuncture modalities...
- The effects of electroacupuncture on TH1/TH2 cytokine mRNA expression and mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways in the splenic T cells of traumatized ratsKun Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, The Third Clinical Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Nangang District, Harbin 150081, China
Anesth Analg 109:1666-73. 2009..b>Electroacupuncture (EA) can alleviate pain and exert immunoregulatory effects...
- Test-retest study of fMRI signal change evoked by electroacupuncture stimulationJian Kong
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital MGH, MA, USA
Neuroimage 34:1171-81. 2007..in six identical scanning sessions consisting of four functional scans, one for each of the four conditions: electroacupuncture stimulation (2 Hz) at GB 37, UB 60, non-acupoint (NP), and a control task of the finger tapping...
- Protective effect of electroacupuncture at the Neiguan point in a rabbit model of myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injuryHongxing Zhang
Wuhan Chinese and Western Medicine Hospital, Wuhan, China
Can J Cardiol 25:359-63. 2009To investigate possible cardioprotective mechanisms of electroacupuncture (EA) at the Neiguan point and at the Lieque point in the presence of myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury (MIRI).
- Long-loop pathways in cardiovascular electroacupuncture responsesPeng Li
Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 106:620-30. 2009We have shown that electroacupuncture (EA) at P 5-6 (overlying median nerves) activates arcuate (ARC) neurons, which excite the ventrolateral periaqueductal gray (vlPAG) and inhibit cardiovascular sympathoexcitatory neurons in the rostral ..
- Activation of epsilon protein kinase C-mediated anti-apoptosis is involved in rapid tolerance induced by electroacupuncture pretreatment through cannabinoid receptor type 1Qiang Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, Fourth Military Medical University, Shaanxi Province, China
Stroke 42:389-96. 2011Our previous study has demonstrated that the rapid tolerance to cerebral ischemia by electroacupuncture (EA) pretreatment was possibly mediated through an endocannabinoid system-related mechanism...
- Electroacupuncture improves impaired gastric motility and slow waves induced by rectal distension in dogsJie Chen
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0632, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 295:G614-20. 2008..on gastric slow waves (GSW) and motor activity and furthermore to investigate the effects and mechanisms of electroacupuncture (EA) on GSW and motor activity...
- Electroacupuncture regulates TRPM7 expression through the trkA/PI3K pathway after cerebral ischemia-reperfusion in ratsLi Zhao
Department of Neurobiology, Key Laboratory of Neurological Disease of Hubei Province, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, PR China
Life Sci 81:1211-22. 2007..In the present study, we found that electroacupuncture (EA) treatment could up-regulate trkA expression after focal cerebral ischemia in rats...
- Electroacupuncture regulates NMDA receptor NR1 subunit expression via PI3-K pathway in a rat model of cerebral ischemia-reperfusionNing Sun
Department of Neurobiology, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, P R China
Brain Res 1064:98-107. 2005..Clinically, electroacupuncture (EA) has been shown to produce beneficial effects on stroke patients...
- Pretreatment with electroacupuncture induces rapid tolerance to focal cerebral ischemia through regulation of endocannabinoid systemQiang Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, Shaanxi Province, China
Stroke 40:2157-64. 2009Our previous study demonstrated that pretreatment with electroacupuncture (EA) induces rapid tolerance to focal cerebral ischemia...
- Effects of electroacupuncture on hippocampal and cortical apoptosis in a mouse model of cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injuryJian xin Zhao
the Third Hospital Affiliated to Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100029, China
J Tradit Chin Med 31:349-55. 2011To observe the effects of electroacupuncture on hippocampal and cortical apoptosis in a mouse model of cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury.
- Electroacupuncture improves neurological deficits and enhances proliferation and differentiation of endogenous nerve stem cells in rats with focal cerebral ischemiaJing Tao
Fujian College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fuzhou, China
Neurol Res 32:198-204. 2010This study was carried out to observe the effect of electroacupuncture (EA) on neurological deficits, proliferation and differentiation of nerve stem cells (NSCs) in adult rats with middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) and to study its ..
- Angiogenesis and improved cerebral blood flow in the ischemic boundary area were detected after electroacupuncture treatment to rats with ischemic strokeYuanhao Du
Acupuncture and Moxibustion Research Institute, First Hospital Affiliated to Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tianjin, China
Neurol Res 33:101-7. 2011..Recent data have also shown that angiogenesis indeed brings benefit to cerebral circulation and behavior improvement. We examined the effect of electroacupuncture on vascular endothelial cell proliferation in the ischemic stroke model.
- [Electroacupuncture protects the brain against acute ischemic injury via up-regulation of delta-opioid receptor in rats]Xue song Tian
National Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Department of Integrative Medicine, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 6:632-8. 2008To explore the effect of delta-opioid receptor (DOR) in electroacupuncture (EA) protecting the brain against acute ischemic injury.
- Analgesic effect of electroacupuncture on complete Freund's adjuvant-induced inflammatory pain in mice: a model of antipain treatment by acupuncture in miceW M Li
Department of Integrative Medicine, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Jpn J Physiol 55:339-44. 2005b>Electroacupuncture (EA) was applied bilaterally to the acupoints of Zu-san-li (ST-36) and Kun-lun (BL-60) in the hindlimbs of mice...
- Is functional state of spinal microglia involved in the anti-allodynic and anti-hyperalgesic effects of electroacupuncture in rat model of monoarthritis?Sun Shan
Institute of Neurobiology, Institutes of Brain Science, Fudan University, 138 Yixueyuan Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Neurobiol Dis 26:558-68. 2007Spinal microglia play a key role for creating exaggerated pain following tissues inflammation or injury. Electroacupuncture (EA) can effectively control the exaggerated pain both in humans with inflammatory disease and animals with ..
- Excitatory amino acid receptor antagonists and electroacupuncture synergetically inhibit carrageenan-induced behavioral hyperalgesia and spinal fos expression in ratsYu Qiu Zhang
Institute of Neurobiology, Fudan University, 220 Han Dan Road, Shanghai 200433, China
Pain 99:525-35. 2002The interaction between electroacupuncture and an N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) receptor antagonist, (DL-2-amino-5-phosphonopentanoic acid; AP5), or an (+/-)-alpha-Amino-3-hydroxy-5-methylisoxazole-4-propionic acid/kainite (AMPA/KA) ..
- Responses of neuronal nitric oxide synthase expression in the brainstem to electroacupuncture Zusanli (ST 36) in ratsSheng Xing Ma
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, 1124 W Carson Street, RB 1, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Brain Res 1037:70-7. 2005..that l-arginine-derived nitric oxide (NO) in the gracile nucleus modifies the hypotensive responses to electroacupuncture (EA) stimulation of Zusanli (ST 36)...
- Inhibitory effect of electroacupuncture (EA) on the pressor response induced by exercise stressPeng Li
Dept of Medicine, University of California, Irvine Medical Science I, C235, Irvine, CA 92697 4075, USA
Clin Auton Res 14:182-8. 2004..We conclude that EA at specific acupoints improves exercise capacity and reduces the hemodynamic responses in approximately 70% of normal subjects...
- Imbalance between pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines, and between Th1 and Th2 cytokines in depressed patients: the effect of electroacupuncture or fluoxetine treatmentC Song
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada
Pharmacopsychiatry 42:182-8. 2009..between pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines and between Th1 and Th2 produced cytokines in depressed patients and 2) evaluate and compare the effect of treatments with electroacupuncture (EA) and fluoxetine on these cytokines.
- Effects of electroacupuncture on cold allodynia in a rat model of neuropathic pain: mediation by spinal adrenergic and serotonergic receptorsSun Kwang Kim
Department of East West Medicine, Graduate School, Kyung Hee University, Dongdaemoon gu, Seoul, South Korea
Exp Neurol 195:430-6. 2005The present study was performed to examine the effects of electroacupuncture (EA) on cold allodynia and its mechanisms related to the spinal adrenergic and serotonergic systems in a rat model of neuropathic pain...
- A parametric study of electroacupuncture on persistent hyperalgesia and Fos protein expression in ratsLixing Lao
Center for Integrative Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, 3rd Floor, James Kernan Hospital Mansion, 2200 Kernan Drive, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Brain Res 1020:18-29. 2004We previously reported the anti-hyperalgesia of electroacupuncture (EA) on persistent inflammatory pain in an unrestrained, unsedated, and conscious rat model...
- Long-term synaptic plasticity in the spinal dorsal horn and its modulation by electroacupuncture in rats with neuropathic painGuo Gang Xing
Department of Neurobiology, Key Laboratory for Neuroscience of the Ministry of Education and Public Health, Peking University, 38 Xue Yuan Road, Beijing 100083, People s Republic of China
Exp Neurol 208:323-32. 2007Our previous study has reported that electroacupuncture (EA) at low frequency of 2 Hz had greater and more prolonged analgesic effects on mechanical allodynia and thermal hyperalgesia than that EA at high frequency of 100 Hz in rats with ..
- Electroacupuncture exerts anti-inflammatory effects in cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injured rats via suppression of the TLR4/NF-κB pathwayLan Lan
College of Rehabilitation Medicine, Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fuzhou, Fujian 350122, PR China
Int J Mol Med 31:75-80. 2013..model, in the present study we evaluated the neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory activities of electroacupuncture at Quchi and Zusanli, and investigated the underlying molecular mechanisms...
- Electroacupuncture acutely improves cerebral blood flow and attenuates moderate ischemic injury via an endothelial mechanism in miceJi Hyun Kim
Division of Meridian and Structural Medicine, School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University, Yangsan, Gyeongnam, Republic of Korea
PLoS ONE 8:e56736. 2013b>Electroacupuncture (EA) is a novel therapy based on traditional acupuncture combined with modern eletrotherapy that is currently being investigated as a treatment for acute ischemic stroke...
- Effect of electroacupuncture on motor recovery in a rat stroke model during the early recovery stageWon Seok Kim
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Yeon Gun Dong, Jongro Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Brain Res 1248:176-83. 2009..The groups studied were a control, treadmill exercise, electroacupuncture and a combined treatment group with both treadmill exercise and electroacupuncture (ExEA)...
- The effect of brief electrical and manual acupuncture stimulation on mechanical experimental painJuerg Schliessbach
University Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Therapy, Inselspital Bern, Switzerland
Pain Med 12:268-75. 2011..This blinded, placebo-controlled cross-over study investigates effects of brief manual and electrical acupuncture stimulation on pressure pain detection thresholds (PPDT) compared with nonpenetrating sham acupuncture (NPSA)...
- Effect of electroacupuncture stimulation of hindlimb on seizure incidence and supragranular mossy fiber sprouting in a rat model of epilepsyJianjun Guo
College of Chemistry and Molecular Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
J Physiol Sci 58:309-15. 2008Recently, electroacupuncture (EA) has been gaining more and more attention as a treatment for epilepsy. However, concrete evidence is needed to better understand its antiepileptic effect and the mechanism underlying this effect...
- Involvement of spinal neurotrophin-3 in electroacupuncture analgesia and inhibition of spinal glial activation in rat model of monoarthritisWen Li Mi
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, Institute of Acupuncture Research, State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Institutes of Brain Science, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Pain 12:974-84. 2011Although electroacupuncture (EA) has been proven to effectively relieve pain associated with arthritis, the underlying mechanism of EA analgesia requires further investigation...
- Low-frequency electro-acupuncture and physical exercise improve metabolic disturbances and modulate gene expression in adipose tissue in rats with dihydrotestosterone-induced polycystic ovary syndromeLouise Mannerås
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Department of Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Endocrinology 149:3559-68. 2008..In contrast to exercise, EA improves insulin sensitivity and modulates adipose tissue gene expression without influencing adipose tissue mass and cellularity...
- The analgesic effect of electroacupuncture on acute thermal pain perception--a central neural correlate study with fMRIShivshil Shukla
Anesthesia Service, Veteran Administrations San Diego Healthcare System, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, MC 125, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Mol Pain 7:45. 2011..Subjects underwent five fMRI scanning paradigms: one with heat pain (HP), two with OI-EA and MI-EA, and two with OI-EA and HP, and MI-EA and HP...
- Antiepileptic effect of electroacupuncture vs. vagus nerve stimulation in the rat thalamusJian Liang Zhang
School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Neurosci Lett 441:183-7. 2008Our previous study has shown that both electroacupuncture (EA) and vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) can inhibit cortical epileptiform activities induced by pentylenetetrazole (PTZ)...
- Electroacupuncture reduces the expression of proinflammatory cytokines in inflamed skin tissues through activation of cannabinoid CB2 receptorsT F Su
Department of Neurobiology and Key Laboratory of Neurological Diseases of Hubei Province, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Eur J Pain 16:624-35. 2012..cannabinoids and peripheral cannabinoid CB2 receptors (CB2Rs) are involved in the antinociceptive effect of electroacupuncture (EA) on inflammatory pain...
- Electroacupuncture frequency-related transcriptional response in rat arcuate nucleus revealed region-distinctive changes in response to low- and high-frequency electroacupunctureKe Wang
National Engineering Research Center for Biochip at Shanghai, Shanghai 201203, People s Republic of China
J Neurosci Res 90:1464-73. 2012b>Electroacupuncture (EA) has been clinically applied for treating different medical conditions, such as pain, strain, and immune diseases...
- Comparing the effects of acupuncture and electroacupuncture at Zusanli and Baihui on cell proliferation and neuroblast differentiation in the rat hippocampusIn Koo Hwang
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, College of Veterinary Medicine and BK21 Program for Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
J Vet Med Sci 72:279-84. 2010We compared the effects of acupuncture and electroacupuncture on cell proliferation and neuroblast differentiation using specific markers, Ki67 and doublecortin (DCX), in the subgranular zone of the dentate gyrus (SZDG) in 13-week old ..
- Electro-acupuncture protects against hypoxic-ischemic brain-damaged immature rat via hydrogen sulfide as a possible mediatorYing Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Chinese PLA General Hospital, 28, FuXing Road, Beijing, China
Neurosci Lett 485:74-8. 2010..Rats with HIBD receiving both EA and HA therapy showed greatly recovered motor function and brain morphology. H(2)S might be a mediator of EA treatment of HIBD in rats...
- Cannabinoid receptor type 2 activation yields delayed tolerance to focal cerebral ischemiaLei Ma
Department of Anesthesiology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi, 710032, China
Curr Neurovasc Res 8:145-52. 2011We demonstrated in our previous research that pretreatment with electroacupuncture (EA) induces rapid (2h after EA) and delayed (24h after EA) tolerance to focal cerebral ischemia...
- Processing cardiovascular information in the vlPAG during electroacupuncture in rats: roles of endocannabinoids and GABAStephanie C Tjen-A-Looi
School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4075, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 106:1793-9. 2009..ventrolateral periaqueductal gray (vlPAG), and the rostral ventrolateral medulla (rVLM), is essential in electroacupuncture (EA) attenuation of sympathoexcitatory cardiovascular reflex responses...
- Electroacupuncture improves restraint stress-induced delay of gastric emptying via central glutaminergic pathways in conscious ratsMasahiro Iwa
Department of Surgery, Duke University and Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Surgical Service 112, 508 Fulton Street, NC 27705, USA
Neurosci Lett 399:6-10. 2006..We investigated the effects of electroacupuncture (EA) at ST-36 (Zusanli; lower limb) on stress-induced delay of gastric emptying...
- Effects of repeated electroacupuncture on beta-endorphin and adrencorticotropic hormone levels in the hypothalamus and pituitary in rats with chronic pain and ovariectomyJun ling Liu
Department of Physiology, Institute of Acu moxibustion, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100700, China
Chin J Integr Med 16:315-23. 2010To explore the mechanism of electroacupuncture (EA)-induced cumulative analgesic effects on chronic pain in rats with or without ovariectomy (OVX).
- Midbrain vlPAG inhibits rVLM cardiovascular sympathoexcitatory responses during electroacupunctureStephanie C Tjen-A-Looi
Department of Medicine, Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine, UCI School of Medicine, University of California Irvine, CA 92697 4075, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H2543-53. 2006..ventrolateral PAG (vlPAG) provides input to the rostral ventrolateral medulla (rVLM), an important area for electroacupuncture (EA) regulation of sympathetic outflow, we hypothesized that the vlPAG plays a role in the EA-related ..
- Electroacupuncture improves imbalance of autonomic function under restraint stress in conscious ratsKenji Imai
Department of Surgery, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Chin Med 37:45-55. 2009..We have previously shown that electroacupuncture (EA) improves delayed gastric emptying induced by restraint stress in rats...
- Electroacupuncture suppresses capsaicin-induced secondary hyperalgesia through an endogenous spinal opioid mechanismHee Young Kim
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1069, USA
Pain 145:332-40. 2009..The focus of this study is to examine the analgesic effects of electroacupuncture (EA) on capsaicin-induced secondary hyperalgesia, which represents central sensitization. Capsaicin (0...
- Proteomic analysis of differential protein expression in neuropathic pain and electroacupuncture treatment modelsHo Joong Sung
Asan Institute for Life Sciences, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea
Proteomics 4:2805-13. 2004..The model was confirmed by behavioral tests. Electroacupuncture (EA) treatment was applied to Zusanli (ST36) of neuropathic pain model to examine the analgesic effect of EA...
- TRPV1 expression in acupuncture points: response to electroacupuncture stimulationTherese S Abraham
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California at Los Angeles, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
J Chem Neuroanat 41:129-36. 2011..TRPV1) receptor immunoreactivity in the acupuncture points (acupoint), and determine the influences of electroacupuncture (EA) stimulation on TRPV1 expression...
- Low-frequency electro-acupuncture reduces the nociceptive response and the pain mediator enhancement induced by nerve growth factorLuigi Aloe
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, National Research Council, Rome, Italy
Neurosci Lett 449:173-7. 2009..Our findings indicate that low-frequency EA could be useful as a supportive therapy to reduce NGF-induced side effects, such as hypersensitivity and hyperalgesia, when clinical treatment with NGF is necessary...
- The effects of electroacupuncture on peripheral nerve regeneration in ratsMotohiro Inoue
Meiji University of Oriental Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Acupunct Med 21:9-17. 2003This study was designed to examine the effects of electroacupuncture with direct current (DC) on peripheral nerve regeneration. The left sciatic nerve of 55 7-month-old rats was crushed at the thigh...
- Electroacupuncture pretreatment ameliorates hypergravity-induced impairment of learning and memory and apoptosis of hippocampal neurons in ratsShufang Feng
Department of Anesthesiology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, China
Neurosci Lett 478:150-5. 2010..Our previous studies have shown that electroacupuncture (EA) pretreatment can attenuate transient focal cerebral ischemic injury in the rats...
- Electroacupuncture combined with clomipramine enhances antidepressant effect in rodentsJin Yu
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, Institute of Acupuncture Research WHO Collaborating Center for Traditional Medicine, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Neurosci Lett 421:5-9. 2007The present study was designed to evaluate the antidepressant effect of electroacupuncture (EA) and the potential additive or synergistic effects of EA and clomipramine (CLO, a tricyclic antidepressant) in the mouse forced swimming test (..
- Low-frequency electroacupuncture suppresses carrageenan-induced paw inflammation in mice via sympathetic post-ganglionic neurons, while high-frequency EA suppression is mediated by the sympathoadrenal medullary axisHyun Woo Kim
Department of Veterinary Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and BK21 Program for Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Brain Res Bull 75:698-705. 2008Although the frequency-dependent antinociceptive mechanisms of electroacupuncture (EA) have been well demonstrated, the anti-inflammatory mechanisms that underlie the suppressive effects induced by different frequencies of EA stimulation ..
- Downregulation of electroacupuncture at ST36 on TNF-alpha in rats with ulcerative colitisLi Tian
Department of Gastroenterology, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710038, Shanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:1028-33. 2003To investigate the regulatory effect of electroacupuncture (EA) at Zusanli (ST36) on tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) in rats with ulcerative colitis (UC), and further elucidate the therapeutic mechanism of EA on UC.
- Electroacupuncture accelerates gastric emptying in association with changes in vagal activityHui Ouyang
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 0632, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 282:G390-6. 2002Gastroparesis is a disorder with a lack of treatment options and this study investigated the effect of electroacupuncture on gastric emptying and involved mechanisms...
- CCK(B) receptor antagonist L365,260 potentiates the efficacy to and reverses chronic tolerance to electroacupuncture-induced analgesia in miceCheng Huang
Department of Physiology, Gannan Medical University, 1 Yixueyuan Road, Ganzhou 341000, PR China
Brain Res Bull 71:447-51. 2007..work has shown that CCK-8 plays an important role in the development of tolerance to morphine analgesia and electroacupuncture (EA) analgesia in the rat...
- Low-frequency electroacupuncture suppresses zymosan-induced peripheral inflammation via activation of sympathetic post-ganglionic neuronsHyun Woo Kim
Department of Veterinary Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and BK21 Program for Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
Brain Res 1148:69-75. 2007b>Electroacupuncture (EA) is used to treat a variety of inflammatory diseases; however, the neurophysiological mechanisms underlying EA's anti-inflammatory effect remain unclear...
- Excitatory projections from arcuate nucleus to ventrolateral periaqueductal gray in electroacupuncture inhibition of cardiovascular reflexesPeng Li
Department of Medicine, Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine, UCI School of Medicine, University of California Irvine, CA 92697 4075, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H2535-42. 2006We have shown that the modulatory effect of electroacupuncture (EA) on the blood pressure (BP) response induced by visceral organ stimulation is related to inhibition of cardiovascular neurons in the rostral ventrolateral medulla (rVLM) ..
- Repeated electroacupuncture preconditioning attenuates matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression and activity after focal cerebral ischemia in ratsHui Dong
Department of Anesthesiology, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Neurol Res 31:853-8. 2009This study investigates the effects of electroacupuncture (EA) preconditioning on blood-brain barrier (BBB) integrity and matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) expression in subsequent ischemic hemisphere.
- Expression of c-Fos in arcuate nucleus induced by electroacupuncture: relations to neurons containing opioids and glutamateZhi Ling Guo
Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine and Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Brain Res 1166:65-76. 2007b>Electroacupuncture (EA) at the Neiguan-Jianshi acupoints (P5-P6, overlying the median nerve) attenuates sympathoexcitatory reflexes probably through the opioid system...
- Prolonged inhibition of rostral ventral lateral medullary premotor sympathetic neurons by electroacupuncture in catsStephanie C Tjen-A-Looi
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 4075, USA
Auton Neurosci 106:119-31. 2003We have shown that electroacupuncture (EA) at the Neiguan-Jianshi (N-J) acupoints over the median nerve reduces myocardial ischemia by modulating the pressor response induced by application of bradykinin on the gallbladder...
- Effects of electroacupuncture with different frequencies on spinal ionotropic glutamate receptor expression in complete Freund's adjuvant-injected ratByung Tae Choi
Department of Anatomy, College of Oriental Medicine, Dong Eui University, Busan 614 052, Republic of Korea
Acta Histochem 107:67-76. 2005We investigated expressional changes of spinal glutamate receptors by electroacupuncture (EA) in an inflammatory animal model...
- Characteristics of electroacupuncture-induced analgesia in mice: variation with strain, frequency, intensity and opioid involvementCheng Huang
Neuroscience Research Institute, Peking University, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, China
Brain Res 945:20-5. 2002The present study was conducted to evaluate the characteristics of electroacupuncture (EA)-induced analgesia in mice...
- Responses of opioid and serotonin containing medullary raphe neurons to electroacupunctureZhi Ling Guo
Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Brain Res 1229:125-36. 2008..We previously have demonstrated that electroacupuncture (EA) at the Neiguan-Jianshi acupoints (P5-P6, overlying the median nerves) attenuates sympathoexcitatory ..
- Modulation of natural killer cell activity affected by electroacupuncture through lateral hypothalamic area in ratsG S Choi
Department of East West Medicine, Graduate School, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, South Korea
Neurosci Lett 329:1-4. 2002b>Electroacupuncture (EA) has been reported to modulate natural killer cell (NK cell) activities. Also it is well known that hypothalamus directly mediates the effects of EA on analgesia...
- An arcuate-ventrolateral periaqueductal gray reciprocal circuit participates in electroacupuncture cardiovascular inhibitionPeng Li
Department of Medicine, Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4075, United States
Auton Neurosci 158:13-23. 2010b>Electroacupuncture (EA) suppresses elevated blood pressure (BP) by activating the arcuate nucleus, ventrolateral periaqueductal gray (vlPAG), and inhibiting cardiovascular sympathetic neurons in the rostral ventrolateral medulla...
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation for the management of neuropathic pain: the effects of frequency and electrode position on prevention of allodynia in a rat model of complex regional pain syndrome type IIDavid L Somers
Department of Physical Therapy, Duquesne University, 113 Health Sciences Bldg, Pittsburgh, PA 15282 0011, USA
Phys Ther 86:698-709. 2006..The purpose of this study was to compare the ability of several different stimulation strategies to reduce the development of allodynia...
- The alpha-adrenoceptor mediation of the immunomodulatory effects of electroacupuncture in DNP-KLH immunized miceYoungseop Lee
Department of Physiology, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Neurosci Lett 423:149-52. 2007Our previous study demonstrated that successive electroacupuncture (EA) at ST36 acupoint reduces IgE production in BALB/c mice immunized with 2,4-dinitrophenylated keyhole limpet protein (DNP-KLH) by suppression of the Th2 cell lineage ..
- A comparative study of the effects of electroacupuncture and moxibustion in the gastrointestinal motility of the ratAngela Tabosa
Division of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Rua Vergueiro, 2045, cj 1003, Vila Mariana, 04101 000 São Paulo SP, Brazil
Dig Dis Sci 49:602-10. 2004..rats were immobilized for 20 min and stimulated at either abdominal or hindlimbs acupoints, with either electroacupuncture or moxibustion...
- Improvement in glucose tolerance as a result of enhanced insulin sensitivity during electroacupuncture in spontaneously diabetic Goto-Kakizaki ratsNaoto Ishizaki
Division of Acupuncture for Visceral Functions, Department of Clinical Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Meiji University of Integrative Medicine, Hiyoshi cho, Nantan shi, Kyoto 629 0392, Japan
Metabolism 58:1372-8. 2009We studied whether electroacupuncture (EA) applied on the abdomen improved glucose tolerance in the Goto-Kakizaki (GK) rat, a genetic model of type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Electroacupuncture promotes a decrease in inflammatory response associated with Th1/Th2 cytokines, nitric oxide and leukotriene B4 modulation in experimental asthmaE R Carneiro
Department of Physiology, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, SP, CEP 09972 270, Brazil
Cytokine 50:335-40. 2010Previously, we have shown that electroacupuncture (EA) in rats decreased eosinophil infiltration into the pulmonary tissue (PT) and in the bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) in an experimental model of asthma...
- The effects of electroacupuncture at the ST36 (Zusanli) acupoint on cancer pain and transient receptor potential vanilloid subfamily 1 expression in Walker 256 tumor-bearing ratsZhaodi Zhang
Department of Anesthesiology, Third Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, No 6 Baojian Rd, Nangang District, Harbin 150081, China
Anesth Analg 114:879-85. 2012..b>Electroacupuncture (EA) is an effective method of acupuncture shown to attenuate different kinds of pain such as inflammatory, ..
- Potentiation of Akt and suppression of caspase-9 activations by electroacupuncture after transient middle cerebral artery occlusion in ratsShao Jun Wang
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University, 2 5 1 Shikatacho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Neurosci Lett 331:115-8. 2002b>Electroacupuncture (EA) is an effective curative method for diseases including cerebral ischemia...
- Analgesia induced by 2- or 100-Hz electroacupuncture in the rat tail-flick test depends on the activation of different descending pain inhibitory mechanismsJosie R T Silva
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto USP, Avenida Bandeirantes 3900, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
J Pain 12:51-60. 2011..muscarinic (atropine), GABA(A) (bicuculline) and GABA(B) (phaclofen) receptors in blocking 2- or 100-Hz electroacupuncture (EA)-induced analgesia (EAIA) in the rat tail-flick test...
- Involvement of ERK 1/2 activation in electroacupuncture pretreatment via cannabinoid CB1 receptor in ratsJuan Du
Department of Anesthesiology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Brain Res 1360:1-7. 2010Our previous study demonstrated that pretreatment with electroacupuncture (EA) elicited protective effects against transient cerebral ischemia through cannabinoid receptor type 1 receptor (CB1R)...
- Rapid tolerance to focal cerebral ischemia in rats is induced by preconditioning with electroacupuncture: window of protection and the role of adenosineQiang Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, 710032 Shaanxi, China
Neurosci Lett 381:158-62. 2005The aim of the present study was to investigate the first protective window of preconditioning with electroacupuncture (EA) against focal cerebral ischemia, and to explore whether adenosine is involved in the rapid tolerance phenomenon...
- Low-frequency electroacupuncture and physical exercise decrease high muscle sympathetic nerve activity in polycystic ovary syndromeElisabet Stener-Victorin
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Dept of Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Univ of Gothenburg, Box 434, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 297:R387-95. 2009..Animal studies support the concept that low-frequency electroacupuncture (EA) and physical exercise, via stimulation of ergoreceptors and somatic afferents in the muscles, may ..
- The central serotonergic system mediates the analgesic effect of electroacupuncture on ZUSANLI (ST36) acupointsFang Chia Chang
Neuroscience Laboratory, Department of Neurology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan ROC
J Biomed Sci 11:179-85. 2004Evidence in the past decade indicates that the mechanisms of anti-nociception of electroacupuncture (EAc) involve actions of neuropeptides (i.e., enkephalin and endorphin) and monoamines (i.e...
- Functional neuroanatomical investigation of vision-related acupuncture point specificity--a multisession fMRI studyJian Kong
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 30:38-46. 2009..In this study, we used a multiple-session experiment to test whether electroacupuncture stimulation at two TCM vision-related acupoints, UB 60 and GB 37, located on the leg, could produce fMRI ..
- Impact of electro-acupuncture and physical exercise on hyperandrogenism and oligo/amenorrhea in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a randomized controlled trialElizabeth Jedel
Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 300:E37-45. 2011..Low-frequency EA was superior to physical exercise and may be useful for treating hyperandrogenism and oligo/amenorrhea...
- Long-term high-frequency electro-acupuncture stimulation prevents neuronal degeneration and up-regulates BDNF mRNA in the substantia nigra and ventral tegmental area following medial forebrain bundle axotomyXi Bin Liang
Neuroscience Research Institute, Peking University, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, PR China
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 108:51-9. 2002b>Electroacupuncture (EA) has been used in China for many years to treat Parkinson's disease (PD) with reportedly effective results. However, the physiological and biological mechanism behind its effectiveness is still unknown...
- Electroacupuncture suppresses hyperalgesia and spinal Fos expression by activating the descending inhibitory systemAihui Li
Center for Integrative Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, 20 Penn Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Brain Res 1186:171-9. 2007Although electroacupuncture (EA) is widely used to treat pain, its mechanisms have not been completely understood. The present study investigated the descending inhibitory system involvement in EA action...
- Brain substrates activated by electroacupuncture of different frequencies (I): Comparative study on the expression of oncogene c-fos and genes coding for three opioid peptidesH F Guo
Neuroscience Research Center, Beijing Medical University, People s Republic of China
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 43:157-66. 1996Low and high frequency electroacupuncture (EA)-produced analgesia have been shown to be mediated by different brain substrates and different opioid peptides...
- Electroacupuncture counteracts the development of thermal hyperalgesia and the alteration of nerve growth factor and sensory neuromodulators induced by streptozotocin in adult ratsL Manni
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, National Research Council, Rome, Italy
Diabetologia 54:1900-8. 2011..b>Electroacupuncture has been proved effective in the treatment of human neuropathic pain as well as in modulating NGF production/..
- Repeated electroacupuncture attenuating of apelin expression and function in the rostral ventrolateral medulla in stress-induced hypertensive ratsCheng rong Zhang
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, 138 Yixueyuan Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Brain Res Bull 97:53-62. 2013..In addition, repetitive electroacupuncture (EA) stimulation at the Zusanli (ST-36) acupoint attenuated hypertension and apelin expression in the RVLM ..
- Electroacupuncture elicits dual effects: stimulation of delayed gastric emptying and inhibition of accelerated colonic transit induced by restraint stress in ratsMasahiro Iwa
Department of Surgery, Duke University and Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Dig Dis Sci 51:1493-500. 2006..We investigated the effects of electroacupuncture (EA) at ST-36 (Zusanli; lower limb) on stress-induced alteration of GI motor activities...
- Electroacupuncture modulates vlPAG release of GABA through presynaptic cannabinoid CB1 receptorsLiang Wu Fu
Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 106:1800-9. 2009Previous studies have demonstrated that electroacupuncture (EA) attenuates sympathoexcitatory reflex responses by activating a long-loop pathway involving the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus (ARC), midbrain ventrolateral periaqueductal gray (..
- Involvement of spinal serotonin receptors in electroacupuncture anti-hyperalgesia in an inflammatory pain rat modelYu Zhang
Center for Integrative Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, 685 W Baltimore Street, MSTF Rm 8 22, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Neurochem Res 36:1785-92. 2011We previously showed that electroacupuncture (EA) activates medulla-spinal serotonin-containing neurons...
- Ovarian blood flow responses to electro-acupuncture stimulation at different frequencies and intensities in anaesthetized ratsElisabet Stener-Victorin
Department of Physiology, Institute for the Health of Women and Children, Goteborg University, Box 432, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Auton Neurosci 108:50-6. 2003....
- Effect of pre-electroacupuncture on p38 and c-Fos expression in the spinal dorsal horn of rats suffering from visceral painKe da Xu
Department of Digestive Diseases, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 123:1176-81. 2010Acupuncture is an effective way to relieve pain, but the mechanism by which electroacupuncture (EA) decreases the visceral pain state still remains unclear...
- Electroacupuncture enhances striatal neurogenesis in adult rat brains after a transient cerebral middle artery occlusionZeng Jin Yang
State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, P R China
Acupunct Electrother Res 30:185-99. 2005In this study, we investigated the effects of electroacupuncture (EA) on ischemia-induced neurogenesis in the striatum of adult rat brains with a 30-minute middle cerebral artery occlusion...
- Effect of electroacupuncture on the stress-induced changes in brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression in rat hippocampusSu Jin Yun
Graduate School of East West Medical Science, Kyung Hee University, 1 Seochun, Yong In 449 701, South Korea
Neurosci Lett 318:85-8. 2002..The objective of this study was to examine whether electroacupuncture (EA) stimulation can influence BDNF expression in the hippocampus of rats exposed to immobilization stress...
- Electroacupuncture enhances cell proliferation and neuronal differentiation in young rat brainsJianfeng Gao
Department of Pediatrics, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Kangfuqain Street 7, Zhengzhou 450052, China
Neurol Sci 32:369-74. 2011To investigate the effect of electroacupuncture on cell proliferation and differentiation in young rat hippocampus, postnatal day-14 rats were assigned randomly to control, ketamine anesthesia, nonacupoint, or acupoint electroacupuncture ..
- Electroacupuncture pretreatment prevents cognitive impairment induced by limb ischemia-reperfusion via inhibition of microglial activation and attenuation of oxidative stress in ratsYe Chen
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Affiliated Hospital of Luzhou Medical College, Luzhou, PR China
Brain Res 1432:36-45. 2012..2) potential players in the mechanistic pathway mediating such effects, and (3) possible benefits of electroacupuncture (EA) pretreatment at Baihui (GV20), Yanglingquan (GB34), Taichong (LR3), Zusanli (ST36) and Xuehai (SP10) ..
- Involvement of peripheral opioid mechanisms in electroacupuncture analgesiaGrant G Zhang
Complementary Medicine Program, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
Explore (NY) 1:365-71. 2005..This study aimed to investigate the possibility of electroacupuncture (EA)-mediated peripheral opioid release...
- Mechanims of CNS Autonomic Regulation by EAJohn C Longhurst; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Acupuncture and its potent alternative, electroacupuncture (EA), are accepted treatments for pain, nausea and vomiting. Small trails further suggest that EA can lower elevated blood pressure...
- Functional Bowel Disorders in Chinese MedicineBrian Berman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our previous studies have revealed that electroacupuncture (EA) produces prolonged anti-inflammatory and anti-hyperalgesic effects in rats with complete Freund's ..
- Effects of Advanced EA on Hypertension: Role of nNOS-NO in the Dorsal MedullaSheng Xing Ma; Fiscal Year: 2010..nucleus tractus solitarius (NTS) receive somatosensory afferent inputs from the hindlimb, and low-frequency electroacupuncture (EA) stimulation of hindlimb acupoint ST36 produces long-lasting sympathoinhibition and arterial blood ..
- Modulating Ocular/Retinal Blood Flow and Visual Function in Retinitis PigmentosaAva K Bittner; Fiscal Year: 2013..The potential for a beneficial effect on visual function in RP following electroacupuncture and/or transcorneal electrical stimulation (TES) is suggested by research on physiological changes in the ..
- Neural Substrates of Electroacupuncture in Cardiovascular ControlSTEPHANIE CHEE YEE TJEN-A-LOOI; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): We have investigated the mechanisms by which acupuncture, particularly electroacupuncture (EA) regulates blood pressure (BP)...
- Transcutaneous electroacupuncture for gastroparesisJiande Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Common symptoms of gastroparesis include nausea, vomiting, early satiety and abdominal bloating. Electroacupuncture (EA) is a combined procedure with acupuncture and electrical current stimulation instead of manual ..
- Endogenous Mechanisms of ElectroacupunctureCarolyn A Fairbanks; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Acupuncture and electroacupuncture have been increasingly adopted in North America as a complement to pharmacotherapy for chronic pain over the last twenty years (1997 NIH Consensus Statement on ..
- Effects of Acupuncture-Induced nNOS-NO in Dorsal Medulla on Sensory NeuropathySheng Xing Ma; Fiscal Year: 2010..Hyperalgesia and hypersensitivity to temperature/ pressure in ZDF rats are improved by low-frequency electroacupuncture (EA) stimulation of acupoint ST36...
- Central Effects of Acupuncture: Acupoint SpecificityJi Fang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Whole brain fMRI is performed during electroacupuncture at St36 (Zusanli),Gb34 (Yanglingquan) and a sham point on the leg, and at Li11(Quchi) on the elbow...
- Effects of acupuncture on chemotherapy-induced painRuixin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..The objective of this study is to evaluate the effects and mechanisms of electroacupuncture (EA) on a paclitaxel-induced CIP rat model with persistent pain for 5 months...
- Neural Mechanisms Underlying Acupuncture AnalgesiaJin Chung; Fiscal Year: 2007..The present proposal describes a model of electroacupuncture (EA)- induced analgesia in ankle sprain pain...
- Osteopuncture for OA-Associated Knee Pain & DisabilityDebra Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2005..Periosteal electroacupuncture (osteopuncture) is a more potent modality than traditional Chinese acupuncture (TCA), with which we have had ..
- THE USE OF ELECTROACUPUNCTURE TO MODULATE AROUSALEdgar Garcia Rill; Fiscal Year: 2002..We have preliminary data suggesting that electroacupuncture (EA) applied at three specific points may modulate the manifestation of the P50 potential...
- ACUPUNTURE AND HYPERTENSION: EFFICACY AND MECHANISMSNorman Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2000..conscious humans provides a new opportunity to test this novel mechanistic hypothesis in patients undergoing electroacupuncture, a modification of the ancient technique which provides a quantifiable and reproducible stimulus to human ..
- Functional Impact of PENS for 65+ Chronic Low Back PainDebra Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2006..explore the utility of percutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (PENS), a neuroanatomically guided form of electroacupuncture, as a safe non-pharmacologic analgesic alternative for the older adult with CLBP...
- NITRIC OXIDE ON ACUPUNCTURE SIGNALS IN GRACILE NUCLEUSSheng Xing Ma; Fiscal Year: 2001Low-frequency electroacupuncture (EA) stimulation of hindlimb acupoints produces long-lasting sympathoinhibition in humans and rats...
- Electroacupuncture for Major Depression: A Pilot StudyBenoit Mulsant; Fiscal Year: 2004..It will use a randomized parallel-group design to compare the safety, efficacy, and tolerability of electroacupuncture (EA) and sham electroacupuncture (SA) for the treatment of major depression...
- CENTER FOR ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE RESEARCH OF ARTHRITISBrian Berman; Fiscal Year: 2003..2) the effectiveness of mind/body therapies for fibromyalgia; 3) the mechanism of action and effects of electroacupuncture on persistent pain & inflammation; and 4) the mechanism of action of a herbal combination with ..
- To study the neuronal mechanism of acupunture analgesiaAlbert Leung; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Status and Future of Acupuncture Research: 10 Years Post-NIH Consensus ConferLixing Lao; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed conference will do so. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Acupuncture on Bone Cancer Pain in MiceRuixin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2004..We propose to use this model to evaluate the effects and mechanisms of electroacupuncture (EA) at acupoint G30 (Huan Tiao) on femoral cancer pain...
- Patient-Provider Interaction & Response to AcupunctureMaria Suarez Almazor; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition there will be a natural control group (waiting list group), in which patients will be offered acupuncture three months after study entry. ..
- Consistency of TCM RA Diagnosis and Herbal PrescriptionsGrant Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2002..More importantly, this study will be broadly applicable to clinical TCM research in general, and may help to establish a stronger methodological model for the evaluation of individualized treatment. ..
- Treatment adherence in minorities with rheumatic diseaseMaria Suarez Almazor; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Cognitive Behavioral Determinants in Knee ReplacementMaria Suarez Almazor; Fiscal Year: 2007..The intervention will be based on cognitive behavioral strategies. ..
- Acupuncture For Infertility Patients: The Effect On IVFGrant Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Result obtained from the study will provide necessary information for a larger, definitive study, as well as knowledge regarding the broad mechanism of acupuncture on female reproductive function. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Sensory-enhanced motor training for hemiparetic arm/handWen Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004..The effect of enhanced sensory inputs will be determined through the comparison of outcomes of the two training programs. ..
- Treatment of Older Patients with Early Breast CancerArash Naeim; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Acupuncture and Low Back Pain during PregnancyShu Ming Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..