Genomes and Genes
Summary: Radiotherapy given to augment some other form of treatment such as surgery or chemotherapy. Adjuvant radiotherapy is commonly used in the therapy of cancer and can be administered before or after the primary treatment.
Publications340 found, 100 shown here
- Phase III postoperative adjuvant radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy compared with radical prostatectomy alone in pT3 prostate cancer with postoperative undetectable prostate-specific antigen: ARO 96-02/AUO AP 09/95Thomas Wiegel
Department of Radio Oncology, University Hospital Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:2924-30. 2009..Two randomized trials demonstrated an advantage for adjuvant radiotherapy (RT) compared with a wait-and-see policy...
- Preoperative radiotherapy combined with total mesorectal excision for resectable rectal cancerE Kapiteijn
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 345:638-46. 2001..2 percent in the surgery-only group (P<0.001). CONCLUSIONS: Short-term preoperative radiotherapy reduces the risk of local recurrence in patients with rectal cancer who undergo a standardized total mesorectal excision...
- Adjuvant radiotherapy for pathological T3N0M0 prostate cancer significantly reduces risk of metastases and improves survival: long-term followup of a randomized clinical trialIan M Thompson
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, USA
J Urol 181:956-62. 2009..Extraprostatic disease will be manifest in a third of men after radical prostatectomy. We present the long-term followup of a randomized clinical trial of radiotherapy to reduce the risk of subsequent metastatic disease and death...
- Effects of a yoga program on cortisol rhythm and mood states in early breast cancer patients undergoing adjuvant radiotherapy: a randomized controlled trialH S Vadiraja
Department of Yoga Research, Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana, Bangalore, India corrected
Integr Cancer Ther 8:37-46. 2009Objectives. This study compares the effects of an integrated yoga program with brief supportive therapy in breast cancer outpatients undergoing adjuvant radiotherapy at a cancer center.
- Adjuvant radiotherapy for pathologically advanced prostate cancer: a randomized clinical trialIan M Thompson
Department of Urology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, MC 7845, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
JAMA 296:2329-35. 2006..However, the optimal management of these patients after radical prostatectomy is unknown...
- Effects of yoga program on quality of life and affect in early breast cancer patients undergoing adjuvant radiotherapy: a randomized controlled trialH S Vadiraja
Department of Yoga Research, Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana, Bangalore, India
Complement Ther Med 17:274-80. 2009This study compares the effects of an integrated yoga program with brief supportive therapy in breast cancer outpatients undergoing adjuvant radiotherapy at a cancer centre.
- Locoregional radiation therapy in patients with high-risk breast cancer receiving adjuvant chemotherapy: 20-year results of the British Columbia randomized trialJoseph Ragaz
McGill University Health Center, Royal Victoria Hospital, 687 Pine Ave, Montreal, PQ, Canada H3A 1A1
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:116-26. 2005..We report the analysis of data from the 20-year follow-up...
- Breast-conserving treatment with or without radiotherapy in ductal carcinoma-in-situ: ten-year results of European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer randomized phase III trial 10853--a study by the EORTC Breast Cancer Cooperative Group andNina Bijker
Department of Radiation Oncology, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 24:3381-7. 2006..We analyzed the efficacy of RT with 10 years follow-up on both the overall risk of local recurrence (LR) and related to clinical, histologic, and treatment factors...
- Postoperative radiotherapy in high-risk postmenopausal breast-cancer patients given adjuvant tamoxifen: Danish Breast Cancer Cooperative Group DBCG 82c randomised trialM Overgaard
Department of Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Lancet 353:1641-8. 1999..In a randomised trial among postmenopausal women who had undergone mastectomy, we compared adjuvant tamoxifen alone with tamoxifen plus postoperative radiotherapy...
- Effect of margin status on local recurrence after breast conservation and radiation therapy for ductal carcinoma in situClive Dunne
Eccles Breast Screening Unit, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Clin Oncol 27:1615-20. 2009..Inadequate margins may result in high local recurrence, and excessively large resections may lead to poor cosmetic outcome without oncologic benefit...
- Early adjuvant radiotherapy toward long-term survival and better quality of life for craniopharyngiomas--a study in single instituteSung Ho Moon
Department of Radiation Oncology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Jongno gu, Seoul, 110 744, South Korea
Childs Nerv Syst 21:799-807. 2005The objective of the study is to compare survival and quality of life (QoL) by the delivery time of adjuvant radiotherapy (RT), early or late, for craniopharyngiomas.
- A randomized trial of chemoradiotherapy and chemotherapy after resection of pancreatic cancerJohn P Neoptolemos
Department of Surgery, Liverpool University, Liverpool, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 350:1200-10. 2004..The effect of adjuvant treatment on survival in pancreatic cancer is unclear. We report the final results of the European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer 1 Trial and update the interim results...
- Postmastectomy radiotherapy: clinical practice guidelines of the American Society of Clinical OncologyA Recht
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:1539-69. 2001..VALIDATION: Seven outside reviewers, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Health Services Research Committee members, and the ASCO Board of Directors reviewed this document...
- Cancer Care Ontario and American Society of Clinical Oncology adjuvant chemotherapy and adjuvant radiation therapy for stages I-IIIA resectable non small-cell lung cancer guidelineKatherine M W Pisters
M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:5506-18. 2007..To determine the role of adjuvant chemotherapy and radiation therapy in patients with completely resected stage IA-IIIA non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- An observational study suggesting clinical benefit for adjuvant postoperative chemoradiation in a population of over 500 cases after gastric resection with D2 nodal dissection for adenocarcinoma of the stomachSung Kim
Department of Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Kangnam Gu, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:1279-85. 2005..We investigated the effect of postoperative chemoradiotherapy on the relapse rate and survival rate of patients with D2-resected gastric cancer...
- Post mastectomy adjuvant radiotherapy in breast cancer: a comparision of three hypofractionated protocolsAbubaker Shahid
Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Oncology INMOL, Wahdat Road, Lahore, Pakistan
J Pak Med Assoc 59:282-7. 2009..To compare three hypofractionated protocols in postmastectomy cancinoma breast in terms of local control, toxicity and work load...
- Surgery and postoperative radiotherapy versus surgery alone for patients with stage-1 endometrial carcinoma: multicentre randomised trial. PORTEC Study Group. Post Operative Radiation Therapy in Endometrial CarcinomaC L Creutzberg
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Rotterdam Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, The Netherlands
Lancet 355:1404-11. 2000..We did a multicentre prospective randomised trial to find whether postoperative pelvic radiotherapy improves locoregional control and survival for patients with stage-1 endometrial carcinoma...
- Long-term survival after multidisciplinary management of resected pancreatic adenocarcinomaMatthew H G Katz
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:836-47. 2009..We evaluated long-term survival and patterns of recurrence in patients treated for PC with contemporary staging and multimodality therapy...
- Ductal carcinoma in situ, complexities and challengesGregory D Leonard
Cancer Therapeutics Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20889 5105, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:906-20. 2004..Ongoing and recently completed studies should provide information on outcomes in patients treated with lumpectomy alone and on the effectiveness of aromatase inhibitors as an alternative to tamoxifen...
- Postoperative radiotherapy in the treatment of single metastases to the brain: a randomized trialR A Patchell
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington 40536 0084, USA
JAMA 280:1485-9. 1998..However, the efficacy of postoperative radiotherapy after complete surgical resection has not been established...
- Phase III trial comparing intensive induction chemoradiotherapy (60 Gy, infusional 5-FU and intermittent cisplatin) followed by maintenance gemcitabine with gemcitabine alone for locally advanced unresectable pancreatic cancer. Definitive results of the 2B Chauffert
Department of Oncology, Anticancer Center G F Leclerc, Dijon, France
Ann Oncol 19:1592-9. 2008..The role of chemoradiation with systemic chemotherapy compared with chemotherapy alone in locally advanced pancreatic cancer (LAPC) is uncertain...
- Completely resected anaplastic thyroid carcinoma combined with adjuvant chemotherapy and irradiation is associated with prolonged survivalP I Haigh
Department of Surgical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer 91:2335-42. 2001..The prognosis of anaplastic thyroid carcinoma (ATC) has been dismal. The objective of this study was to identify prognostic factors in patients who had prolonged survival...
- Estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, HER-2, and response to postmastectomy radiotherapy in high-risk breast cancer: the Danish Breast Cancer Cooperative GroupMarianne Kyndi
Department of Experimental Clinical Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Arhus Sygehus, Noerrebrogade 44, Building 5, 2, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 26:1419-26. 2008....
- Merkel cell carcinoma of the head and neck: is adjuvant radiotherapy necessary?Jonathan R Clark
Department of Head and Neck Surgical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Head Neck 29:249-57. 2007..The secondary aims were to determine by stage, which patients derive benefit from combined therapy and to identify predictors for survival on multivariable analysis...
- Quality of life at the end of primary treatment of breast cancer: first results from the moving beyond cancer randomized trialPatricia A Ganz
School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:376-87. 2004..We investigated the baseline psychosocial status of women enrolled in a randomized trial testing two psychosocial interventions for women at the end of primary treatment...
- The UK Standardisation of Breast Radiotherapy (START) Trial A of radiotherapy hypofractionation for treatment of early breast cancer: a randomised trialS M Bentzen
Lancet Oncol 9:331-41. 2008..We tested two dose levels of a 13-fraction schedule against the standard regimen with the aim of measuring the sensitivity of normal and malignant tissues to fraction size...
- Breast cancer subtype approximated by estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, and HER-2 is associated with local and distant recurrence after breast-conserving therapyPaul L Nguyen
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2373-8. 2008..To determine whether breast cancer subtype is associated with outcome after breast-conserving therapy (BCT) consisting of lumpectomy and radiation therapy...
- Survival benefits from neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy or chemotherapy in oesophageal carcinoma: a meta-analysisVal Gebski
National Health and Medical Research Council Clinical Trials Centre, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Lancet Oncol 8:226-34. 2007..We aimed to clarify the benefits of neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy or chemotherapy versus surgery alone by a meta-analysis of randomised trial data...
- Surgery and adjuvant radiotherapy in patients with cutaneous head and neck squamous cell carcinoma metastatic to lymph nodes: combined treatment should be considered best practiceMichael J Veness
Head and Neck Cancer Service, Westmead Hospital, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia michael radonc wsahs nsw gov au
Laryngoscope 115:870-5. 2005..Recent data support best outcome with the addition of adjuvant radiotherapy. This study aims to present further supportive evidence.
- Surgical monotherapy versus surgery plus adjuvant radiotherapy in high-risk cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: a systematic review of outcomesAnokhi Jambusaria-Pahlajani
Division of Dermatologic Surgery, Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dermatol Surg 35:574-85. 2009b>Adjuvant radiotherapy (ART) has been recommended for squamous cell carcinoma(SCC) with a high risk of recurrence, particularly perineurally invasive disease. The utility of ART is unknown...
- Radiation injury to intestine following hysterectomy and adjuvant radiotherapy for cervical cancerShang Wen Chen
Department of Radiation Therapy and Oncology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung 404, Taiwan
Gynecol Oncol 95:208-14. 2004To evaluate the risk factors for nonrectal radiation-induced intestinal injury (NRRIII) following adjuvant radiotherapy (RT) for cervical cancer using a retrospective review of medical records.
- Once more confirmed: adjuvant radiotherapy and improved local control provide a significant survival benefit for early breast cancer patientsMarie Luise Sautter-Bihl
Strahlenther Onkol 182:199-201. 2006
- Merkel cell carcinoma: improved outcome with adjuvant radiotherapyMichael J Veness
Head and Neck Cancer Service, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, Australia
ANZ J Surg 75:275-81. 2005..Patients remain at high risk of locoregional and distant relapse despite treatment. Most studies support the incorporation of locoregional adjuvant radiotherapy in reducing the risk of relapse.
- Surgery and radiotherapy compared with gamma knife radiosurgery in the treatment of solitary cerebral metastases of small diameterA Muacevic
Department of Neurosurgery, Ludwig Maximilians University, Klinikum Grosshadern, and Gamma Knife Center, Munich, Germany
J Neurosurg 91:35-43. 1999....
- Adjuvant radiotherapy of women with breast cancer - information, support and side-effectsK Sjovall
Department of Oncology, Lund University Hospital, S 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Eur J Oncol Nurs 14:147-53. 2010..was to 1) examine the occurrence and burden of side effects over time in the period after post surgical adjuvant radiotherapy in women with breast cancer and 2) explore the women's experiences of given information and need of ..
- Angiogenic markers show high prognostic impact on survival in marginally operable non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with adjuvant radiotherapySigve Andersen
Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromso, Tromso, Norway
J Thorac Oncol 4:463-71. 2009..Both expression and its prognostic impact may be associated with patient selection. Data addressing the prognostic relevance of angiogenic marker expression in NSCLC patients treated with postoperative radiotherapy (PORT) is warranted...
- Cutaneous head and neck squamous cell carcinoma metastatic to cervical lymph nodes (nonparotid): a better outcome with surgery and adjuvant radiotherapyMichael J Veness
Head and Neck Unit, Department of Radiation Oncology, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, NSW 2145, Sydney, Australia
Laryngoscope 113:1827-33. 2003..The aim of this study is to report on the experience of treating cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) metastatic to cervical (nonparotid) lymph nodes at the Head and Neck Unit, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, Australia...
- Descriptive nomograms of adjuvant radiotherapy use and patterns of care analysis for stage I and II endometrial adenocarcinoma: A surveillance, epidemiology, and end results population studyChristopher M Lee
Department of Radiation Oncology, Huntsman Cancer Hospital and University of Utah Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 99202, USA
Cancer 110:2092-100. 2007..cancer remains the most common gynecologic malignancy in the United States, differing approaches to adjuvant radiotherapy treatment for early disease exist within the medical community because of the lack of a national consensus.
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation as a part of breast conservation therapyDouglas W Arthur
Radiation Oncology Department, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:1726-35. 2005
- Long-term events in adult patients with clinical stage IA-IIA nonbulky Hodgkin's lymphoma treated with four cycles of doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine and adjuvant radiotherapy: a single-institution 15-year follow-upErcole Brusamolino
Clinica Ematologica and Servizio di Radioterapia Oncologica, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 12:6487-93. 2006To report on long-term events after short doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine (ABVD) chemotherapy and adjuvant radiotherapy in favorable early-stage Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Impact of pathological characteristics on local relapse after breast-conserving therapy: a subgroup analysis of the EORTC boost versus no boost trialHeather A Jones
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4939-47. 2009..To investigate the long-term impact of pathologic characteristics and an extra boost dose of 16 Gy on local relapse, for stage I and II invasive breast cancer patients treated with breast conserving therapy (BCT)...
- Long-term follow-up of patients with prostate cancer and nodal metastases treated by pelvic lymphadenectomy and radical prostatectomy: the positive impact of adjuvant radiotherapyLuigi F Da Pozzo
Department of Urology, Vita Salute University, Milan, Italy
Eur Urol 55:1003-11. 2009Recent large, prospective, randomised studies have demonstrated that adjuvant radiotherapy (RT) is a safe and effective procedure for preventing disease recurrence in locally advanced prostate cancer (PCa) patients...
- Surgically staged high-risk endometrial cancer: randomized study of adjuvant radiotherapy alone vs. sequential chemo-radiotherapyTapio Kuoppala
Tampere University Hospital, Finland
Gynecol Oncol 110:190-5. 2008..Our purpose was to establish whether platinum-based chemotherapy combined with standard surgery and radiotherapy will improve overall and disease-free survival and lower the recurrence rate in patients with high-risk endometrial cancer...
- Thymoma: state of the artC R Thomas
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hollings Cancer Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Clin Oncol 17:2280-9. 1999..b>Adjuvant radiotherapy seems to improve local control and survival...
- Selecting breast cancer patients with T1-T2 tumors and one to three positive axillary nodes at high postmastectomy locoregional recurrence risk for adjuvant radiotherapyPauline T Truong
Radiation Therapy Program, British Columbia Cancer Agency Vancouver Island Centre and University of British Columbia, Victoria, BC, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 61:1337-47. 2005....
- Management of merkel cell carcinoma: the roles of lymphoscintigraphy, sentinel lymph node biopsy and adjuvant radiotherapyRoss E Warner
Sydney Melanoma Unit, Sydney Cancer Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, Sydney, NSW, 2050, Australia
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2509-18. 2008..However, its optimal treatment is uncertain. In this study, we aimed to assess the roles of lymphoscintigraphy and sentinel node (SN) biopsy, as well as radiotherapy, in the treatment of MCC...
- Prognostic significance of vascular endothelial growth factor and cyclooxygenase-2 in patients with rectal cancer treated with preoperative radiotherapyJordi Giralt
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Oncology 71:312-9. 2006..To analyze the prognostic value of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in patients with locally advanced rectal cancer treated with preoperative radiotherapy...
- Adjuvant therapy in rectal cancer: analysis of stage, sex, and local control--final report of intergroup 0114J E Tepper
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7512, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:1744-50. 2002....
- Adjuvant radiotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer with pathological stage I: definitive results of a phase III randomized trialLucio Trodella
Department of Radiation Oncology, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168, Rome, Italy
Radiother Oncol 62:11-9. 2002..To evaluate the benefits and the drawbacks of post-operative radiotherapy in completely resected Stage I (a and b) non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Randomized trial of induction chemotherapy with cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil with or without docetaxel for larynx preservationYoann Pointreau
Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire, Henry Kaplan Center, Clinique d Oncologie et de Radiothérapie, Tours, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:498-506. 2009..Data suggest that docetaxel (T) may add to the efficacy of PF. The objective of this trial was to determine whether adding T to PF could increase the larynx preservation rate...
- A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials that compared neoadjuvant chemoradiation and surgery to surgery alone for resectable esophageal cancerJohn D Urschel
Department of Surgery, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Surg 185:538-43. 2003..We performed a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials (RCTs) that compared the use of neoadjuvant chemoradiation and surgery with the use of surgery alone for esophageal cancer...
- Adjuvant radiotherapy after mastectomy for pT1-pT2 node negative (pN0) breast cancer: is it worth the effort?Mia Voordeckers
Department of Radiotherapy, Academic Hospital V U B, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Jette, Brussels, Belgium
Radiother Oncol 68:227-31. 2003..Since little data on the importance of RT in this subgroup are known, we reviewed the clinical records with regard to overall survival...
- Prognostic significance of tumor regression after preoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancerClaus Rodel
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Erlangen, Universitatsstr 27, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:8688-96. 2005..We assessed the impact of tumor regression grading (TRG) and its value in correlation to established prognostic factors in a cohort of rectal carcinoma patients treated by preoperative chemoradiotherapy (CRT)...
- Breast cancer: improving outcome following adjuvant radiotherapyJ A Violet
The Royal Marsden NHS Trust, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, UK
Br J Radiol 77:811-20. 2004..In this review we outline the indications and benefits of breast radiotherapy along with the planning process. Technical advances are discussed within the context of improving outcome at a time of limited national resources...
- Efficacy of adjuvant radiotherapy of the tumor bed on local recurrence of adrenocortical carcinomaMartin Fassnacht
University of Wuerzburg, Department of Internal Medicine I, Endocrine and Diabetes Unit, Wuerzburg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4501-4. 2006..Although radiotherapy is often considered ineffective in the treatment of ACC, the limited number of available studies does not support this statement...
- A systematic overview of radiation therapy effects in soft tissue sarcomasHans Strander
Department of Oncology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Oncol 42:516-31. 2003..There is strong evidence that adjuvant radiotherapy improves the local control rate in combination with conservative surgery in the treatment of STS of ..
- Skin-sparing mastectomyGiles H Cunnick
Department of Breast Surgery, St George s Hospital, Tooting, London, United Kingdom
Am J Surg 188:78-84. 2004..It facilitates immediate breast reconstruction using an implant or myocutaneous flap, resulting in excellent cosmesis...
- Gamma knife radiosurgery for brain metastases: do patients benefit from adjuvant external-beam radiotherapy? An 18-month comparative analysisAjay Jawahar
Department of Neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, Shreveport, LA 71130 3932, USA
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 79:262-71. 2002..To analyze 18 months of results of gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery in the treatment of brain metastases and determine factors affecting outcome by examining the effectiveness of additional external-beam radiotherapy (XRT)...
- A prospective population-based management program including primary surgery and postoperative risk assessment by means of DNA ploidy and histopathology. Adjuvant radiotherapy is not necessary for the majority of patients with FIGO stage I-II endometrial cT Hogberg
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Int J Gynecol Cancer 14:437-50. 2004..Thus, effective systemic treatments need to be developed. Low-risk patients, constituting the majority (84%) of the patients, can be safely treated by surgery only...
- Concurrent adjuvant radiotherapy and interferon-alpha2b for resected high risk stage III melanoma -- a retrospective single centre studyDavid E Gyorki
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Skin and Melanoma Service, St Andrew s Place, East Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia
Melanoma Res 14:223-30. 2004..and radiation-related toxicities in patients treated with combined adjuvant IFNalpha2b and regional adjuvant radiotherapy delivered in the setting of a single institution...
- Delay in initiating adjuvant radiotherapy following breast conservation surgery and its impact on survivalDawn L Hershman
Department of Medicine and the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 65:1353-60. 2006..We investigated factors that influence the time interval between lumpectomy and RT, and the association between that interval and survival...
- Findings on 18F-FDG PET scans after neoadjuvant chemoradiation provides prognostic stratification in patients with locally advanced rectal carcinoma subsequently treated by radical surgeryVictor Kalff
Center for Molecular Imaging, The Peter MacCallum Cancer Center, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Nucl Med 47:14-22. 2006..We evaluated the prognostic information obtained from the degree of change in tumor (18)F-FDG PET uptake induced by chemoradiation before radical curative surgery in patients with T3/T4 rectal cancer...
- Meeting highlights: international expert consensus on the primary therapy of early breast cancer 2005A Goldhirsch
International Breast Cancer Study Group, Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, Bellinzona, Switzerland
Ann Oncol 16:1569-83. 2005....
- Long-term results of a randomized trial comparing preoperative short-course radiotherapy with preoperative conventionally fractionated chemoradiation for rectal cancerK Bujko
Department of Radiotherapy, Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Centre, Warsaw, Poland
Br J Surg 93:1215-23. 2006..The aim of this study was to compare survival, local control and late toxicity in the two treatment groups...
- 18F-FDG PET for assessment of therapy response and preoperative re-evaluation after neoadjuvant radio-chemotherapy in stage III non-small cell lung cancerSusanne Martina Eschmann
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Tubingen, Otfried Mueller Strasse 14, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:463-71. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate FDG-PET for assessment of therapy response and for prediction of patient outcome after neo-adjuvant radio-chemotherapy (NARCT) of advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Surgical treatment variation in a prospective, randomized trial of chemoradiotherapy in gastric cancer: the effect of undertreatmentScott A Hundahl
Queen s Cancer Institute, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 9:278-86. 2002..Intergroup 0116 (Southwest Oncology Group 9008), a national, multicenter, two-armed, prospective, randomized trial of adjuvant postoperative chemoradiotherapy, has demonstrated significant benefit...
- Adjuvant radiotherapy for stage I endometrial cancer: systematic review and meta-analysisA Kong
Radiotherapy Department, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London EC1
Ann Oncol 18:1595-604. 2007The role of adjuvant radiotherapy in stage I endometrial cancer following surgery remains unclear. The management for these patients varies widely, particularly in stage I patients with different risk factors...
- Limitations of adjuvant radiotherapy for uterine sarcomas spread beyond the uterusKathryn E Dusenbery
Department of Therapeutic Radiology Radiation Oncology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Gynecol Oncol 94:191-6. 2004..The present review analyzes patients with advanced uterine sarcomas with the goal of identifying patients likely to benefit from larger volumes and higher dosages of radiotherapy...
- Adjuvant treatment of colorectal cancerBrian M Wolpin
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Medical Oncology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 57:168-85. 2007..Current randomized clinical trials in the adjuvant therapy of colorectal cancer are examining the value of adding agents known to be active in metastatic disease, including those that modify specific molecular targets...
- Late results of skin-sparing mastectomy followed by immediate breast reconstructionT J Meretoja
Department of Plastic Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Br J Surg 94:1220-5. 2007..Concerns persist that SSM might increase the rate of local recurrence as the surgical approach is less extensive. Patients who had SSM and IBR over 10 years at a single institution were reviewed...
- Adjuvant radiotherapy and survival for patients with node-positive head and neck cancer: an analysis by primary site and nodal stageJohnny Kao
Department of Radiation Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 71:362-70. 2008b>Adjuvant radiotherapy (RT) is frequently recommended for node-positive head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) treated with primary surgery...
- What is the role of adjuvant radiotherapy in the treatment of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma with perineural invasion?Anne Han
College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Cancer 109:1053-9. 2007..To date, the effectiveness of adjuvant XRT in this setting has not been determined definitively...
- Postoperative irradiation in breast cancer patients with one to three positive axillary lymph nodes. Is there an impact of axillary extranodal tumor extension on locoregional and distant control?Heidi Stranzl
Department of Radiotherapy Radiooncology, University Medical School, Graz, Austria
Strahlenther Onkol 182:583-8. 2006..As shown in literature, ECE is diagnosed in up to 30% of node-positive breast cancer patients. Consequences of ECE and prognosis of these patients are unclear...
- Preliminary results of electron intraoperative therapy boost and hypofractionated external beam radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery in premenopausal womenGiovanni Battista Ivaldi
Department of Radiation Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 72:485-93. 2008..To report the acute and preliminary data on late toxicity of a pilot study of boost with electron intraoperative therapy followed by hypofractionated external beam radiotherapy (HEBRT) of the whole breast...
- Gastric cancer: epidemiology, pathology and treatmentS R Alberts
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Ann Oncol 14:ii31-6. 2003..Adjuvant chemotherapy or adjuvant radiotherapy, when used alone, do not improve survival following resection...
- Prognostic significance of several histological features in intermediate and high-risk endometrial cancer patients treated with curative intent using surgery and adjuvant radiotherapyK Narayan
Department of Radiation Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, A Beckett Street, Melbourne, Victoria 8006, Australia
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol 53:107-13. 2009..Absolute MI and tumour grading were useful predictors of nodal spread...
- Adjuvant radiotherapy use and patterns of care analysis for margin-positive prostate adenocarcinoma with extracapsular extension: postprostatectomy adjuvant radiotherapy: a SEER analysisAmol J Ghia
Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Urology 76:1169-74. 2010..To perform a patterns of care analysis for patients with prostate cancer and high-risk pathologic factors following radical prostatectomy with regards to adjuvant radiation...
- Short course continuous, hyperfractionated, accelerated radiation therapy (CHART) as preoperative treatment for rectal cancerS Brooks
Mount Vernon Cancer Center, Northwood, Middlesex, HA6 2RN, London, United Kingdom
Acta Oncol 45:1079-85. 2006..This small study suggests preoperative short course CHART for clinically resectable rectal carcinoma is feasible with acceptable compliance and tolerable side effects...
- A phase III trial of surgery with or without adjunctive external pelvic radiation therapy in intermediate risk endometrial adenocarcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyHenry M Keys
Department of Radiation Oncology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Gynecol Oncol 92:744-51. 2004....
- Treatment of cervical cancer with adjuvant chemotherapy versus adjuvant radiotherapy after radical hysterectomy and systematic lymphadenectomyMasayoshi Hosaka
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 34:552-6. 2008..To compare the clinical efficacy focused on post-treatment morbidity between adjuvant chemotherapy (CT) and pelvic radiotherapy (RT) after radical hysterectomy for patients with cervical cancer...
- Comparison of surgery alone with surgery and adjuvant radiotherapy for pT3N0 prostate cancerZ Petrovich
Department of Radiation Oncology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
BJU Int 89:604-11. 2002..To compare the outcome between patients with pT3N0 adenocarcinoma of the prostate treated with radical prostatectomy (RP) and those receiving RP followed by a planned course of postoperative radiation therapy (RT)...
- No serious late cardiac effects after adjuvant radiotherapy following mastectomy in premenopausal women with early breast cancerA Gustavsson
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 43:745-54. 1999To assess cardiac mortality, coronary artery disease, myocardial dysfunction, and valvular heart disease in women younger than 65 years of age, at least 10 years after adjuvant radiotherapy following mastectomy in early breast cancer.
- Effect of adjuvant radiotherapy on local recurrence in stage II rectal cancerIn Ja Park
Department of Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, and Asan Cancer Center, Seoul 138 736, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 15:519-25. 2008..Some patients with stage II lesions, however, have relatively low risks of local recurrence. We evaluated the effect of radiotherapy on local recurrence in patients with stage IIA rectal cancer...
- Postresection CA 19-9 predicts overall survival in patients with pancreatic cancer treated with adjuvant chemoradiation: a prospective validation by RTOG 9704Adam C Berger
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5918-22. 2008..CA 19-9 is an important tumor marker in patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma. A secondary end point of Radiation Therapy Oncology Group trial 9704 was prospective evaluation of the ability of postresectional CA 19-9 to predict survival...
- Patterns and correlates of adjuvant radiotherapy receipt after lumpectomy and after mastectomy for breast cancerReshma Jagsi
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, UHB2C490, SPC 5010, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5010, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2396-403. 2010..To use patient self-report to provide more valid estimates of whether radiotherapy (RT) is underutilized than possible with registry data, as well as to evaluate for disparities and the influence of preferences and provider interactions...
- [Innovation in adjuvant radiotherapy for breast cancer: new biologic parameters, a perspective for treatment tailoring]Y Belkacemi
service d oncologie radiothérapie, Hopital Henri Mondor, APHP, 54, Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94000 Creteil, France
Bull Cancer 96:111-21. 2009....
- Prognostic significance of CD24 protein expression in patients treated with adjuvant radiotherapy after radical hysterectomy for cervical squamous cell carcinomaChang Ohk Sung
Department of Pathology, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Radiother Oncol 95:359-64. 2010....
- The impact of adjuvant radiotherapy on survival in T1-2N1 squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavityMark G Shrime
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck SurgerySurgery Surgical Oncology, University Health Network, Princess Margaret Hospital, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136:225-8. 2010..To evaluate the survival impact of postoperative radiation therapy (RT) in patients with early T stage (T1-2) oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma (OCSCC) and a single positive lymph node...
- Adjuvant radiotherapy in stage IV diffuse large cell lymphoma improves outcomeAgustin Avilés
Oncology Hospital, National Medical Center, IMSS, Mexico, DF, Mexico
Leuk Lymphoma 45:1385-9. 2004The role of adjuvant radiotherapy to sites of nodal bulky disease in patients with aggressive diffuse large cell lymphoma (DLCL), and stage IV remain undefined...
- Randomized prospective study of the benefit of adjuvant radiation therapy in the treatment of soft tissue sarcomas of the extremityJ C Yang
Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:197-203. 1998..This randomized, prospective study assesses the impact of postoperative external-beam radiation therapy on local recurrence (LR), overall survival (OS), and quality of life after limb-sparing resection of extremity sarcomas...
- Adjuvant radiotherapy for gastric cancer: A dosimetric comparison of 3-dimensional conformal radiotherapy, tomotherapy and conventional intensity modulated radiotherapy treatment plansMax Dahele
Department of Radiation Oncology, Odette Cancer Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Med Dosim 35:115-21. 2010..Both irradiate large volumes of normal tissue to low doses. Additional studies are needed to demonstrate the clinical impact of these technologies...
- Adjuvant radiotherapy after modified Ivor-Lewis esophagectomy: can it prevent lymph node recurrence of the mid-thoracic esophageal carcinoma?Gang Chen
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Provincial Hospital affiliated to Shandong University, Jinan, China
Ann Thorac Surg 87:1697-702. 2009..This study was undertaken to evaluate the effectiveness of adjuvant radiotherapy after modified Ivor-Lewis esophagectomy on preventing lymph node recurrence of the mid-thoracic esophageal ..
- Does adjuvant radiotherapy suppress liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy?Jin Hwa Choi
Department of Radiation Oncology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:67-72. 2009To analyze the influence of the adjuvant radiotherapy (RT) on the liver regeneration and liver function after partial hepatectomy (PH).
- Integration of novel agents into combined-modality treatment for rectal cancer patientsClaus Rodel
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Frankfurt Main, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 183:227-35. 2007..The challenge is to integrate more effective systemic therapy into combined-modality programs...
- Adjuvant radiotherapy in the treatment of pediatric myxopapillary ependymomasHani Al-Halabi
Department of Radiation Oncology, McGill University Health Centre Montreal General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pediatr Blood Cancer 55:639-43. 2010..Assess the role of radiotherapy (RT) in the management of primary and recurrent myxopapillary ependymoma (MPE)...
- Long-term follow-up after transoral laser microsurgery and adjuvant radiotherapy for advanced recurrent squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckHans Christiansen
Department of Radiotherapy, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany, and Départmentde Cancérologie, Hopital Morvan, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Brest, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 65:1067-74. 2006The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of adjuvant radiotherapy after transoral laser microsurgery for advanced recurrent head-and-neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC).
- Hypofractionated adjuvant radiotherapy with helical tomotherapy after radical prostatectomy: planning data and toxicity results of a Phase I-II studyCesare Cozzarini
Department of Radiotherapy, and Scientifc Institute H San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Radiother Oncol 88:26-33. 2008To report on planning and toxicity findings of hypofractionated adjuvant radiotherapy with helical Tomotherapy (HTT) after radical prostatectomy (RP) for prostate carcinoma (pCa).
- Effectiveness of adjuvant radiotherapy in patients with oropharyngeal and floor of mouth squamous cell carcinoma and concomitant histological verification of singular ipsilateral cervical lymph node metastasis (pN1-state)--a prospective multicenter randomMaximilian Moergel
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Mainz, Medical Center, Augustusplatz 2, D 55131 Mainz, Germany
Trials 10:118. 2009....
- Changes in Mcl-1 expression in rectal cancer in relation to neo-adjuvant radiotherapyHerbert Ulrich-Pur
Department of Internal Medicine I, Vienna University Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 117:136-40. 2005..Expression of the antiapoptotic protein myeloid cell leukemia-1 (Mcl-1) may be disordered in malignancies of the rectum. High levels of Mcl-1 may correlate with unfavourable clinical outcome...
- Adjuvant radiotherapy following radical prostatectomy for pathologic T3 or margin-positive prostate cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisScott C Morgan
The Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
Radiother Oncol 88:1-9. 2008..The optimal postoperative management of such patients is undefined. Therapeutic alternatives include adjuvant radiotherapy (RT) or active surveillance.
- Adjuvant radiotherapy following total mesorectal excision for stage IIA rectal cancer: is it beneficial?Jin Soo Kim
Department of Surgery, Chungnam National University Hospital, Daejeon, Korea
Int J Colorectal Dis 25:1103-10. 2010The benefit of adjuvant radiotherapy in patients with stage IIA (T3N0) rectal cancer following total mesorectal excision (TME) is controversial...
- Overcoming Temozolomide Resistance using MGMT-targeting Spherical Nucleic AcidsTIMOTHY L SITA; Fiscal Year: 2013..The standard of care for newly diagnosed GBM is surgical resection followed by adjuvant radiotherapy and temozolomide (TMZ) chemotherapy...
- Genome Wide Discovery of Molecular Alterations in Salivary Gland TumorsNishant Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2013..Treatment is primarily surgical followed by adjuvant radiotherapy based on certain pathologic features...
- Ap endo as a predictor of response to glioma therapyJOHN SILBER; Fiscal Year: 2006..is a strong, inverse correlation of Ap endo activity with time to tumor progression (TTP) following either adjuvant radiotherapy or alkylator therapy...
- Osteoporosis Prevention in Early Stage Breast CancerDawn Hershman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- IMRT in the Treatment of Node-Positive Breast CancerLori Pierce; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Study 60 patients treated with either the best delivery-optimized motion corrected plan from Aim 2 or PWTF and compare plans using heart and lung metrics. ..
- IMRT in the Treatment of Node-Positive Breast CancerLori Pierce; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) Determine the effect of motion on static IMRT and PWTF dose distributions, and then correct/adjust for motion to determine the best delivery-optimized plan. ..
- Markers of Genetic Susceptibility to Bladder CancerXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ability to rapidly screen individuals for risk, using minimally invasive procedures (blood samples), has immense clinical implication, such as intensive screening and chemopreventive interventions. ..
- Lung Cancer Chemoradiation: Predictors of SurvivalXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..This multivariate prognostic study could have long-term prognostic potential by allowing greater individualization of therapy, based on the genetic makeup of the patient, thereby both increasing efficacy and reducing morbidity. ..
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwardJacqueline Jonklaas; Fiscal Year: 2006..A new sustained release product, which results in steady triiodothyronine levels, will furnish more physiologic replacement. This will be tested against treatment with levothyroxine, and levothyroxine and triiodothyronine. ..
- PREDICTORS OF RELAPSE TO SMOKING IN LUNG CANCERMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Screening for Ovarian Cancer: Psychobehavioral OutcomesMichael Andrykowski; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gis, multilevel modeling and breast cancer screeningMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2002..Few studies focusing on breast cancer screening have taken this approach, which we, and others feel is warranted. ..
- PKC Beta Inhibition With Gemcitabine And Radiation In Pancreas CancerEdgar Ben Josef; Fiscal Year: 2008..Based on its scientific merit and our institutional track record in translational research in pancreas cancer, we feel it is highly likely that this research will prove beneficial. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Functional Mechanisms of Antibody Inhibition of HIV-1Marshall Posner; Fiscal Year: 2008..Long-term objectives will be to select constructs from in vitro testing for further testing in non-human primate models of prevention and therapeutics. ..
- Presurgery Hypnosis in Breast Cancer: Benefits AnalysisGuy Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2006..Mediators and moderators (e.g., hypnotizability) of hypnosis effects will be determined, as well as long-term side benefits of the intervention. ..
- Mammographic Density in a Multi-Ethnic CohortLaurel Habel; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Multivalent Dendritic Cell Vaccine in Pancreas CancerDavid Linehan; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Test efficacy of peptide-specific CTL generation and toxicity in an HLA-A2 transgenic murine model (4) Conduct a phase I clinical trial of a multivalent DC vaccine in pancreas cancer patients. ..
- Changes in Functional Status Across Therapy for Primary GliomaLee Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Susceptibility Modifiers in Renal Cell CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such individuals may then be targeted for intervention programs such as chemoprevention or dietary modification. ..
- Insulin Resistance and Breast Cancer OutcomeAbenaa Brewster; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information will be useful in identifying women who may benefit from interventions to decrease insulin resistance as part of their breast cancer care. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Rapamycin as an Antineoplastic AgentEzra Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2006..At the conclusion of the trial RAPA toxicity and effect on p-S6K will be defined over a range of doses as well as the MTD for use in future studies that will develop this agent. ..
- Carotid Artery Disease Following Neck Irradiation in Ch*Kathleen Meeske; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PATTERNS CARE FOR CANCER PATIENTS AT END OF LIFEEllen McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2002..Information obtained from the study can be used to improve the quality of care for patients at the end of life and help to determine the nature and amount of resources that might be required to meet patients' needs. ..
- AIDS MALIGNANCY CONSORTIUMJoseph Sparano; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- How Health Insurance Status Affects Persons with DisabilitiesLisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2007..This goal addresses the objectives of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, which has identified persons with disabilities as one of its priority populations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cancer Care and Outcomes for Disabled Medicare PatientsLisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2006..These findings may suggest areas where more attention is needed, such as increasing cancer screening among disabled Medicare recipients or rethinking initial treatment strategies. ..
- Extracellular matrix and protease markers of malignant thyroid neoplasmElectron Kebebew; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will use these results to design a multicenter clinical trial evaluating the diagnostic and prognostic value of ECM1 and TMPRSS4 expression in patients with thyroid neoplasm. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Psychological and Behavioral Impact of Cancer ScreeningMichael Andrykowski; Fiscal Year: 2008..The overall goal of the training program is to prepare trainees for careers as independent investigators in behavioral oncology. ..
- PREMATURE MENOPAUSE IN SURVIVORS OF CHILDHOOD CANCERCharles Sklar; Fiscal Year: 2002..The large size of the study population, the heterogeneity of diagnoses and exposures, combined with the extensive treatment data, will allow assessment of interaction between the major risk factors of interest. ..
- HYPOXIC IMAGING GUIDED INTENSITY MODULATED RADIOTHERAPYKS CLIFFORD CHAO; Fiscal Year: 2003..They will test the hypothesis by performing multiple Cu-60 ATSM PET scans during the course of irradiation to understand the spatial evolution of hypoxic tumor. ..
- HUMAN MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES TO STUDY AND TREAT HIVMarshall Posner; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will also study long term non-progressors and early progressors to assess the relationship of antibody to intact PI virions to control of disease as a basis for larger more powerful evaluations. ..
- Acupuncture for shoulder syndrome after ca surgeryDavid Pfister; Fiscal Year: 2004..Data: Standard deviations, mean of control group, correlation between and within baseline and follow-up measures. ..
- CARDINAL BERNARDIN CANCER CENTER, LOYOLA UNIVERSITYPatrick Stiff; Fiscal Year: 2002..At the completion of this grant, the Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center plans to be positioned to successfully apply for a P-30 Cancer Center Support Grant. ..
- THERAPY OF HEPATIC METASTASES FROM COLORECTAL CARCINOMANancy Kemeny; Fiscal Year: 2001..Cryosurgery and newer hepatic arterial therapies are therapeutic modalities that can be used in patients in whom liver resection is impossible. ..
- PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: QUALITY OF CARE/SERVICE USELisa Iezzoni; Fiscal Year: 2001..Given that roughly 49 million Americans have a disabling condition, addressing concerns about their quality of care is essential. ..
- PET IMAGING IN MULTIMODALITY MANAGEMENT OF RECTAL CANCERJose Guillem; Fiscal Year: 2001b>Adjuvant radiotherapy and chemotherapy (RT/chemo) is the standard of care for locally advanced rectal cancer patients...
- Postmarketing Surveillance of Toxicities Associated with Cancer ChemotherapyXianglin Du; Fiscal Year: 2010..This database is especially unique for studying cancer chemotherapy and its toxicity because chemotherapy is among the few drugs that are covered by Medicare for past several decades. ..
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN MEDICAL BEHAVIORAL SCIENCEMichael Andrykowski; Fiscal Year: 2004..Postdoctoral fellows will address each of the same elements with an intensity and emphasis that is tailored to their individual needs and prior experience. ..
- Developing a Tool to Improve the Quality of Breast Cancer Treatment DecisionsSarah Hawley; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project has direct relevance for improving the quality of cancer care for all women. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Racial Differences in CAM for Common Medical ConditionsEllen McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2005..Findings will provide a fundamental understanding of CAM in minority populations that will be used to plan for future studies. ..
- Molecular Analysis-Directed Individualised Therapy in AdGeorge Simon; Fiscal Year: 2005..Patients will be followed till death and survival curves will be generated. ..
- Functional Infrared Imaging Predicts Radiation MucositisEzra Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such a tool would have wide applicability in this patient population and would have tremendous impact on their treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Evaluation of Chemotherapy Claims for Breast CancerXianglin Du; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Indomethacin and p38 Regulating AP-1 In Heat ShockJacob Locke; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CANCER COURSES FOR NURSES WORKING WITH MINORITY GROUPSSandra Millon Underwood; Fiscal Year: 2004..to be tested will focus on the degree to which the program facilitates the integration of didactic content, thoughtful discussions, clinical/laboratory experiences, related literature, evidence-based information obtained from the ..
- CUTANEOUS ONCOLOGYMadeleine Duvic; Fiscal Year: 2004..Young physicians and students who receive advanced training in the proper detection, prevention, and treatment of skin cancers will be a resource and may improve outcomes for patients of the future. ..
- GIS and Breast Cancer Screening in Saint LouisMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF TRANSFORMATION OF HEMATOPOIETIC CELLSJAMES MC CUBREY; Fiscal Year: 2001..An understanding of how these signal transduction and apoptotic pathways impinge upon one another will further our comprehension of the consequences of abnormal oncogene activation and tumor progression. ..
- Stabilized Helical Peptides as Coactivators AntagonistsFederico Bernal; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, it will give further insight into the role of coactivator peptides in the activation of a specific gene in a particular cell type. ..
- Primary Care Colorectal Ca Screening Surveillance SystemRichard Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Radiotherapy Quality and Outcomes in Prostate CancerJUSTIN BEKELMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, we hypothesize that higher radiotherapy quality performance is associated with longer event-free survival and lower morbidity. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Presurgery Hypnosis--Benefits Analysis in Breast CancerGuy Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2003..The possible mediational role of these factors in hypnosis effects will be examined will classic statistical approaches. ..
- CHILDRENS NATIONAL MEDICAL CENTERRoger Packer; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Polarity Therapy for Cancer-Related FatigueKaren Mustian; Fiscal Year: 2007..Anticipated results could have clinical, methodological, and theoretical application in the treatment and study of CRF, a symptom affecting most cancer patients during radiation therapy. ..
- Geography of Amputations Among African AmericansMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Oncology Clinical Trial Accrual StudyANNEKE SCHROEN; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Benefits and Burdens of Screening Oldest-old Women: the Case of MammographyMARA SCHONBERG; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mammography Screening Decisions in the ElderlyMARA SCHONBERG; Fiscal Year: 2005..This is the first study to explore very elderly women's approach to decisions about screening mammography. ..
- TARGETING BREAST CANCER WITH SMALL LIGANDSDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Use the structure-based, homologous analog and biased library approach to make educated designs to increase the affinity of the Grb7 ligands ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BDavid Sugarbaker; Fiscal Year: 2002..Three stages of group development are described: (1) surgeon recruitment phase; (2) patient recruitment phase (educational activities about adjuvant therapy trials. etc.); and (3) protocol development phase (intellectual activities). ..
- Targeted Enzymes for Prodrug TherapyDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2007..Successful completion of these experiments will result in demonstration of novel targeted effector molecules that bind selectively to tumors and activate cytotoxic prodrugs. ..
- In Vivo Selection of Ligands for Targeted TherapyDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2003..Successful completion of this clinical study will result in demonstration of a satisfactory safety profile and short peptides that bind selectively to tumor tissue. ..
- NABTT-Consortium Therapeutic Studies of CNS MalignanciesStuart Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of GDF-15 in Organ InjuryLeonidas Koniaris; Fiscal Year: 2005..The completion of this mentored research training will further the candidate?s goal of applying bench-derived scientific discovery to the treatment of surgical disease as an independent investigator. ..
- Increasing Functional Liver Mass in Health and DiseaseLeonidas Koniaris; Fiscal Year: 2005..2) Determine the extent to which and mechanisms by which co-administrating HCF and Follistatin along with IL-6 facilitates the liver growth response and reduces IL-6 associated toxicity. ..
- Hospice Pain Control: Developing an Opioid Order SheetBarbara Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2006..Once the modifications lave been made, we will conduct a pilot study to assess feasibility, utility and efficacy of the order sheet in the outpatient hospice setting. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- An Epidemiologic Study of Lymph Node Evaluation in Colorectal Cancer PatientsBeth Virnig; Fiscal Year: 2007..Most CRC patient in the U.S. do not have an adequate node evaluation. This research will identify factors that affect the adequacy of lymph node staging in CRC so that improvements can be made. [unreadable] [unreadable]..