Genomes and Genes
Summary: Precise and detailed plans for the study of a medical or biomedical problem and/or plans for a regimen of therapy.
Publications296 found, 100 shown here
- Early goal-directed therapy after major surgery reduces complications and duration of hospital stay. A randomised, controlled trial [ISRCTN38797445]Rupert Pearse
Adult Intensive Care Unit, St George s Hospital, Blackshaw Road, London SW17 0QT, UK
Crit Care 9:R687-93. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of post-operative GDT on the incidence of complications and duration of hospital stay in patients undergoing general surgery...
- Mediators and moderators of treatment effects in randomized clinical trialsHelena Chmura Kraemer
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University, Calif 94305, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 59:877-83. 2002..We recommend that RCTs routinely include and report such analyses...
- The stepped wedge trial design: a systematic reviewCelia A Brown
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, The University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:54. 2006..This paper presents a review of 12 studies (or protocols) that use (or plan to use) a stepped wedge design. One aim of the review is to highlight the potential for the stepped wedge design, given its infrequent use to date...
- Pragmatic clinical trialsHugh MacPherson
Foundation for Traditional Chinese Medicine, York, UK
Complement Ther Med 12:136-40. 2004..A case is made for the appropriate use and relevance of pragmatic trials in the evaluation of alternative and complementary medicine...
- SPIRIT 2013 explanation and elaboration: guidance for protocols of clinical trialsAn Wen Chan
Women s College Research Institute at Women s College Hospital, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada M5G 1N8
BMJ 346:e7586. 2013..Complete documentation of key trial elements can facilitate transparency and protocol review for the benefit of all stakeholders...
- Fate of biomedical research protocols and publication bias in France: retrospective cohort studyEvelyne Decullier
Clinical Research Unit, DIM des Hospices Civils de Lyon, 162 Avenue Lacassagne, 69424 Lyon Cedex 03, France
BMJ 331:19. 2005..To describe the fate of protocols approved by the French research ethics committees, a national system created by the French 1988 Huriet-Sérusclat Act; to assess publication bias at a national level...
- Reporting on blinding in trial protocols and corresponding publications was often inadequate but rarely contradictoryAsbjørn Hróbjartsson
The Nordic Cochrane Centre, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Epidemiol 62:967-73. 2009..To compare the reporting on blinding in protocols and articles describing randomized controlled trials...
- Internet-based treatment for older adults with depression and co-morbid cardiovascular disease: protocol for a randomised, double-blind, placebo controlled trialNicole L Cockayne
Brain and Mind Research Institute, The University of Sydney, Camperdown NSW, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 11:10. 2011....
- Consensus review of optimal perioperative care in colorectal surgery: Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Group recommendationsKristoffer Lassen
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, University Hospital Northern Norway, 9038 Tromsø, Norway
Arch Surg 144:961-9. 2009..To describe a consensus review of optimal perioperative care in colorectal surgery and to provide consensus recommendations for each item of an evidence-based protocol for optimal perioperative care...
- Frequency and reasons for outcome reporting bias in clinical trials: interviews with trialistsR M D Smyth
Centre for Medical Statistics and Health Evaluation, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
BMJ 342:c7153. 2011..To provide information on the frequency and reasons for outcome reporting bias in clinical trials...
- Developing a guideline for clinical trial protocol content: Delphi consensus surveyJennifer Marie Tetzlaff
Ottawa Methods Centre, Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Trials 13:176. 2012....
- Empirical evidence for selective reporting of outcomes in randomized trials: comparison of protocols to published articlesAn Wen Chan
Centre for Statistics in Medicine, Institute of Health Sciences, Headington, Oxford, England
JAMA 291:2457-65. 2004..Selective reporting of outcomes within published studies based on the nature or direction of their results has been widely suspected, but direct evidence of such bias is currently limited to case reports...
- Study protocol: Transition from localized low back pain to chronic widespread pain in general practice: identification of risk factors, preventive factors and key elements for treatment--a cohort studyAnnika Viniol
Department of General Practice Family Medicine, University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:77. 2012..A subsequent cohort study is designed to identify the risk and protective factors of pain generalization (development of CWP) in primary care for CLBP patients...
- The effectiveness of clinical guideline implementation strategies--a synthesis of systematic review findingsMathew Prior
Centre for Allied Health Evidence, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
J Eval Clin Pract 14:888-97. 2008..Data sources/study setting Systematic reviews in full text, English language, 1987-2007, reporting any measure of clinical process change or cost-benefit analysis...
- SPIRIT 2013 statement: defining standard protocol items for clinical trialsAn Wen Chan
Women s College Research Institute, Women s College Hospital, University of Toronto, 790 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1N8, Canada
Ann Intern Med 158:200-7. 2013....
- Published methodological quality of randomized controlled trials does not reflect the actual quality assessed in protocolsRahul Mhaskar
Division and Center for Evidence Based Medicine and Outcomes Research, Department of Internal Medicine, Clinical and Translational Science Institute, Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 65:602-9. 2012..To assess whether the reported methodological quality of randomized controlled trials (RCTs) reflects the actual methodological quality and to evaluate the association of effect size (ES) and sample size with methodological quality...
- Long-term cognitive and psychological outcomes in the awakening and breathing controlled trialJames C Jackson
Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy, Pulmonary, and Critical Care Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 8300, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:183-91. 2010..Little is known, however, of how such strategies affect long-term cognitive, psychological, and functional outcomes...
- Communities, birth attendants and health facilities: a continuum of emergency maternal and newborn care (the Global Network's EmONC trial)Omrana Pasha
Department of Community Health Sciences, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 10:82. 2010..However, the effectiveness of emergency obstetric and neonatal care services has never been proven. Also unproven is the effectiveness of community mobilization and community birth attendant training to improve pregnancy outcomes...
- Acupuncture as a complex intervention for depression: a consensus method to develop a standardised treatment protocol for a randomised controlled trialHugh MacPherson
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, Heslington, York, United Kingdom
Complement Ther Med 15:92-100. 2007....
- Barriers to and facilitators of clinical practice guideline use in nursing homesCATHLEEN S COLON-EMERIC
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:1404-9. 2007To identify barriers to and facilitators of the diffusion of clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) and clinical protocols in nursing homes (NHs).
- Definition of treatment goals for moderate to severe psoriasis: a European consensusU Mrowietz
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Arch Dermatol Res 303:1-10. 2011..It is planned to evaluate the implementation of these treatment goals in a subsequent programme involving patients and physicians...
- Computerized decision support for mechanical ventilation of trauma induced ARDS: results of a randomized clinical trialB A McKinley
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Texas Houston Medical School, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Trauma 50:415-24; discussion 425. 2001..the trauma patient subgroup at this site are reported to answer three questions: Can a computerized protocol be successfully exported to a trauma ICU? Was ventilator management different between study groups? Was patient outcome affected?..
- Pulse oximetry, severe retinopathy, and outcome at one year in babies of less than 28 weeks gestationW Tin
Department of Paediatrics, South Cleveland Hospital, Middlesbrough TS4 3BW, UK
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 84:F106-10. 2001....
- A citywide prehospital protocol increases access to stroke thrombolysis in TorontoDavid J Gladstone
North and East GTA Ontario Regional Stroke Centre and Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, and Brain Sciences Program, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Stroke 40:3841-4. 2009..This report describes the initial impact of the activation protocol at our regional stroke center...
- The HAART cell phone adherence trial (WelTel Kenya1): a randomized controlled trial protocolRichard T Lester
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Nairobi, UNITID Building, Nairobi, Kenya
Trials 10:87. 2009..The objectives are to compare the effectiveness of cell phone-supported SMS messaging to standard care on adherence, quality of life, retention, and mortality in a population receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART) in Nairobi, Kenya...
- Antibiotic resistance in the intensive care unitM H Kollef
Campus Box 8052, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Ann Intern Med 134:298-314. 2001..Careful, focused attention to this problem at the local ICU level, using a multidisciplinary approach, will have the greatest likelihood of limiting the development and dissemination of antibiotic-resistant infections...
- The assessment of the prognosis of musculoskeletal conditions in older adults presenting to general practice: a research protocolChristian D Mallen
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 7:84. 2006..This study will test a generic assessment tool used as part of the general practice consultation to determine prognosis of musculoskeletal complaints...
- American Thoracic Society/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/Infectious Diseases Society of America: treatment of tuberculosisHenry M Blumberg
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:603-62. 2003
- Randomized trial comparing traditional Chinese medical acupuncture, therapeutic massage, and self-care education for chronic low back painD C Cherkin
Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, 1730 Minor Ave, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Arch Intern Med 161:1081-8. 2001..Traditional Chinese Medical acupuncture was relatively ineffective. Massage might be an effective alternative to conventional medical care for persistent back pain...
- Does training family physicians in shared decision making promote optimal use of antibiotics for acute respiratory infections? Study protocol of a pilot clustered randomised controlled trialFrance Legare
Research Centre of the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec, Quebec, Canada
BMC Fam Pract 8:65. 2007....
- Randomized clinical trial of multimodal optimization and standard perioperative surgical careA D G Anderson
Combined Gastroenterology Unit, Scarborough Hospital, Woodlands Drive, Scarborough YO12 6QL, UK
Br J Surg 90:1497-504. 2003..The aim of this randomized trial was to compare multimodal optimization with standard care in patients undergoing colonic resection...
- Multicentre trial of a perioperative protocol to reduce mortality in patients with peptic ulcer perforationM H Møller
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Copenhagen University Hospital Herlev, Herlev, Denmark
Br J Surg 98:802-10. 2011..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effect of a multimodal and multidisciplinary perioperative care protocol on mortality in patients with PPU...
- Addressing missing data in clinical trialsThomas R Fleming
University of Washington, Seattle, 98195 7232, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:113-7. 2011..To meaningfully reduce missing data, it is important to recognize and address many factors that commonly lead to higher levels of missingness...
- Clinical research projects at a German medical faculty: follow-up from ethical approval to publication and citation by othersA Blümle
Department of Medical Biometry and Statistics, Institute of Medical Biometry and Medical Informatics, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Med Ethics 34:e20. 2008..If study results are reported selectively, reporting bias and distortion of summarised estimates of effect or harm of treatments can occur. The publication and citation of results of clinical research conducted in Germany was studied...
- Errors of omission in the treatment of prehospital chest pain patientsJon C Rittenberger
University of Pittsburgh Affiliated Residency in Emergency Medicine and the Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 9:2-7. 2005..They also sought to quantify any time delays in treatment of potential ischemic cardiac chest pain...
- Effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of web-based treatment for phobic outpatients on a waiting list for psychotherapy: protocol of a randomised controlled trialRobin N Kok
Department of Clinical Psychology and the EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, Faculty of Psychology and Education, VU University Amsterdam, Van der Boechorststraat 1, 1081, BT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 12:131. 2012....
- Validation of four automatic devices for self-measurement of blood pressure according to the international protocol of the European Society of HypertensionJirar Topouchian
Centre de Diagnostic, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Vasc Health Risk Manag 7:709-17. 2011..The Omron® M2, Omron M3, and Omron M6 measure blood pressure (BP) at the brachial level, while the Omron R2 measures BP at the wrist level...
- Results of a dental care protocol for mentally handicapped patients set in a primary health care area in SpainAlfonso Escribano Hernández
Técnico de Salud de la Gerencia de Atención Primaria, Salamanca, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 12:E492-5. 2007..Our aim is to evaluate the results of the implementation of such a law through a specific protocol in our health setting...
- Early goal-directed therapy (EGDT) for severe sepsis/septic shock: which components of treatment are more difficult to implement in a community-based emergency department?Rory O'Neill
Department of Emergency Medicine, Genesys Regional Medical Center, Grand Blanc, Michigan, USA
J Emerg Med 42:503-10. 2012..Early goal-directed therapy (EGDT) has been shown to reduce mortality in patients with severe sepsis/septic shock, however, implementation of this protocol in the emergency department (ED) is sometimes difficult...
- Perceived improvement in integrated management of childhood illness implementation through use of mobile technology: qualitative evidence from a pilot study in TanzaniaMarc Mitchell
Department of Global Health and Populations, Harvard School of Public Health, and D Tree International, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Health Commun 17:118-27. 2012..Further investigation into this technology is warranted...
- Recommendations for safety planning, data collection, evaluation and reporting during drug, biologic and vaccine development: a report of the safety planning, evaluation, and reporting teamBrenda J Crowe
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Clin Trials 6:430-40. 2009..The Safety Planning, Evaluation and Reporting Team (SPERT) was formed in 2006 by the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America...
- Collaborative Interventions for Circulation and Depression (COINCIDE): study protocol for a cluster randomized controlled trial of collaborative care for depression in people with diabetes and/or coronary heart diseasePeter A Coventry
Greater Manchester Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care, Institute of Population Health and Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Trials 13:139. 2012..The study also aimed to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of the intervention over 6 months, and to assess qualitatively the extent to which collaborative care was implemented in the intervention general practices...
- Prospective evaluation of a two-tiered trauma activation protocol in an Australian major trauma referral hospitalTrudi Davis
Emergency Department, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Missenden Road, Camperdown, Sydney, New South Wales 2050, Australia
Injury 41:470-4. 2010..To evaluate a two-tiered trauma activation protocol in a major trauma referral hospital in Australia...
- Identification of cancer care and protocol characteristics associated with recruitment in breast cancer clinical trialsJulie Lemieux
Unité de recherche en santé des populations, Centre des Maladies du Sein Deschênes Fabia, Hôpital St Sacrement, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Oncol 26:4458-65. 2008..Barriers to participation may relate to available protocols, physicians, and patients, but few data exist on barriers related to cancer care environments and protocol characteristics...
- Taking computerized CBT beyond primary careDespina Learmonth
Psychology Department, City University, London, UK
Br J Clin Psychol 47:111-8. 2008..This study seeks to determine whether the effectiveness of Beating the Blues (BtB), an established computer-based CBT (CCBT) programme, can extend beyond primary care...
- Evaluation of two devices for self-measurement of blood pressure according to the international protocol: the Omron M5-I and the Omron 705ITMohamed A El Assaad
The Cardiovascular Institute, Paris, France
Blood Press Monit 8:127-33. 2003..Two devices for self-measurement of blood pressure at the brachial artery-the Omron M5-I and the Omron 705IT-were evaluated according to the international protocol of the European Society of Hypertension...
- One-year longitudinal study of fatigue, cognitive functions, and quality of life after adjuvant radiotherapy for breast cancerSabine Noal
Medical Oncology Department, Centre Francois Baclesse, Caen, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:795-803. 2011..The aim of this longitudinal study was to compare the impact of RT alone with that occurring after previous CT on quality of life...
- Protocol of the baseline assessment for the Environments for Healthy Living (EHL) Wales cohort studyRebecca A Hill
School of Medicine, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, UK
BMC Public Health 10:150. 2010..The baseline assessment will focus on birth outcomes and maternal and infant health...
- Reporting of eligibility criteria of randomised trials: cohort study comparing trial protocols with subsequent articlesAnette Blümle
Department of Medical Biometry and Statistics, Institute of Medical Biometry and Medical Informatics, University Medical Center Freiburg, German Cochrane Center, Berliner Allee 29, 79110 Freiburg, Germany
BMJ 342:d1828. 2011..To determine whether and how eligibility criteria of participants prespecified in protocols of randomised trials are reported in subsequent articles...
- Effect of aerobic exercise training and cognitive behavioural therapy on reduction of chronic fatigue in patients with facioscapulohumeral dystrophy: protocol of the FACTS-2-FSHD trialNicoline B M Voet
Nijmegen Centre for Evidence Based Practice Department of Rehabilitation, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Neurol 10:56. 2010..Additionally, possible working mechanisms and the effects on various secondary outcome measures at all levels of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) are evaluated...
- Psychometric properties of the Social Phobia Inventory (SPIN). New self-rating scaleK M Connor
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University, Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Br J Psychiatry 176:379-86. 2000..Of available self-rated social phobia scales, none assesses the spectrum of fear, avoidance, and physiological symptoms, all of which are clinically important. Because of this limitation, we developed the Social Phobia Inventory (SPIN)...
- The agonising negative trend in monitoring of clinical trialsD L DeMets
Department of Biostatistics, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
Lancet 354:1983-8. 1999....
- Pre-hospital aspirin for suspected myocardial infarction and acute coronary syndromes: a headache for paramedics?M Woollard
Pre hospital Emergency Research Unit, University of Wales College of Medicine Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust, Cardiff, UK
Emerg Med J 18:478-81. 2001..To ascertain the frequency with which paramedics follow protocols for the administration of aspirin to patients to whom an ambulance is called for chest pain associated with suspected ischaemic heart disease...
- Hyperglycemia in the critically ill patientMichelle M Gearhart
Department of Pharmacy Services, University Hospital, Cincinnati, OH 45219, USA
AACN Clin Issues 17:50-5. 2006....
- Exercise therapy and cognitive behavioural therapy to improve fatigue, daily activity performance and quality of life in postpoliomyelitis syndrome: the protocol of the FACTS-2-PPS trialFieke S Koopman
Department of Rehabilitation, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Neurol 10:8. 2010..Additionally, the working mechanisms, patients' and therapists' expectations of and experiences with both interventions and cost-effectiveness will be evaluated...
- Protocol for SAMS (Support and Advice for Medication Study): a randomised controlled trial of an intervention to support patients with type 2 diabetes with adherence to medicationAndrew J Farmer
Department of Primary Health Care, University of Oxford, Oxford, OX3 7LF, UK
BMC Fam Pract 9:20. 2008..We have developed a theory-based intervention which we will evaluate in a well characterised population to test efficacy and guide future intervention development and trial design...
- A randomised clinical trial of subgrouping and targeted treatment for low back pain compared with best current care. The STarT Back Trial Study ProtocolElaine M Hay
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Staffordshire, ST5 5BG, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:58. 2008..We plan to conduct a randomised controlled trial to establish whether subgrouping using a novel tool, combined with targeted treatment, is better than best current care at reducing long-term disability from low back pain...
- Bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaw: background and guidelines for diagnosis, staging and managementSalvatore L Ruggiero
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY 11040, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 102:433-41. 2006
- Appraisal of primary outcome measures used in trials of patient decision supportJennifer Kryworuchko
School of Nursing, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Patient Educ Couns 73:497-503. 2008..To appraise instruments used as primary outcome measures in trials measuring the effectiveness of patient decision support interventions...
- Effect of computerisation on the quality and safety of chemotherapy prescriptionMarc Voeffray
Pharmacy Service, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
Qual Saf Health Care 15:418-21. 2006..Multiple errors can occur during the prescription, the transmission of documents and the drug delivery processes, and lead to potentially serious consequences...
- Validation of four automatic devices for self-measurement of blood pressure according to the International Protocol of the European Society of HypertensionJalil Belghazi
The Cardiovascular Institute, Paris, France
Vasc Health Risk Manag 3:389-400. 2007....
- Clinical guidelines in nursing, midwifery and the therapies: a systematic reviewL H Thomas
Centre for Health Services Research, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, England
J Adv Nurs 30:40-50. 1999..This paper describes characteristics of guidelines evaluated and the effectiveness of different dissemination and implementation strategies used...
- Efficacy and cost-effectiveness of a physiotherapy program for chronic rotator cuff pathology: a protocol for a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialKim Bennell
Centre for Health, Exercise and Sports Medicine, School of Physiotherapy, University of Melbourne, Australia
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 8:86. 2007..Physiotherapy is often the first line of management for CRCP yet there is little conclusive evidence to support or refute its effectiveness and no formal evaluation of its cost-effectiveness...
- Effect of 4- and 8-wk intensive Tai Chi Training on balance control in the elderlyWilliam W N Tsang
Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
Med Sci Sports Exerc 36:648-57. 2004..The objective of this study was to examine whether 4 and/or 8 wk of intensive Tai Chi practice could improve balance control in the healthy elderly subjects...
- Preventing parastomal hernia with a prosthetic mesh: a 5-year follow-up of a randomized studyArthur Jänes
Department of Surgery, Kirurgkliniken, Sundsvalls sjukhus, 851 86, Sundsvall, Sweden
World J Surg 33:118-21; discussion 122-3. 2009..This study was designed to evaluate the rate of complications after 5 years...
- Clinical inertiaL S Phillips
Emory University School of Medicine, 1639 Pierce Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Ann Intern Med 135:825-34. 2001..Physicians will need to build into their practice a system of reminders and performance feedback to ensure necessary care...
- Randomized trial of a daily electronic home monitoring system in patients with advanced heart failure: the Weight Monitoring in Heart Failure (WHARF) trialLee R Goldberg
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Program, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am Heart J 146:705-12. 2003....
- A prospective, controlled trial of a protocol-based strategy to discontinue mechanical ventilationJerry A Krishnan
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 169:673-8. 2004..146 hours), and rates of reinstituting mechanical ventilation (10.3% vs. 9.0%) was similar. We conclude that protocol-directed weaning may be unnecessary in a closed ICU with generous physician staffing and structured rounds...
- Does single, low-dose preoperative dexamethasone improve outcomes after colorectal surgery based on an enhanced recovery protocol? Double-blind, randomized clinical trialTurkay Kirdak
Department of Surgery, Uludag University School of Medicine, Bursa, Turkey
Am Surg 74:160-7. 2008..05). Preoperative 8 mg dexamethasone administration has no significant effect on reducing postoperative inflammatory response and also does not improve outcomes of colorectal surgery...
- Cancer as a cause of back pain: frequency, clinical presentation, and diagnostic strategiesR A Deyo
Department of Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
J Gen Intern Med 3:230-8. 1988..It would further suggest which patients with negative x-ray findings require further work-up...
- How do nurses, midwives and health visitors contribute to protocol-based care? A synthesis of the UK literatureIrene Ilott
Knowledge Translation Project Lead, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 47:770-80. 2010..Documents such as protocols, clinical guidelines and care pathways underpin evidence-based practice throughout the world...
- Evidence-based approach to an inpatient tobacco cessation protocolMary Beth Ginn
Salem Family Practice, 105 Vest Mill Circle, Winston Salem, NC 27103, USA
AACN Adv Crit Care 19:268-78; quiz 279-80. 2008....
- Chiropractic management of low back disorders: report from a consensus processGary A Globe
Cleveland Chiropractic College Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 31:651-8. 2008..The purpose of this project was to develop such a document...
- Evaluation of two clinical protocols for the management of women with vaginal discharge in southern ThailandV Chandeying
Department of Obstetrics Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkla, Thailand
Sex Transm Infect 74:194-201. 19981) To compare the effectiveness of two clinical protocols for the management of vaginal discharge in the situations where no laboratory facilities are available but speculum examination is possible and where basic laboratory facilities ..
- Evaluation of an effective multifaceted implementation strategy for elective single-embryo transfer after in vitro fertilizationI A M Kreuwel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 28:336-42. 2013..What is the relationship between the rate of elective single-embryo transfer (eSET) and couples' exposure to different elements of a multifaceted implementation strategy?..
- Treatment research at the crossroads: the scientific interface of clinical trials and effectiveness researchK B Wells
Neuropsychiatric Institute and Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, 90024 6505, USA
Am J Psychiatry 156:5-10. 1999..An understanding of the design, analysis, and conventions of both efficacy and effectiveness studies can lead to research that better informs clinical and societal questions...
- Low intensity vs. self-guided internet-delivered psychotherapy for major depression: a multicenter, controlled, randomized studyYolanda Lopez-del-Hoyo
Departamento de Psicología y Sociología, Universidad de Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
BMC Psychiatry 13:21. 2013..The aim of this study is to assess the efficacy of low intensity vs self-guided psychotherapy for major depression in the Spanish health system...
- Design and implementation of the Exercise for Health trial -- a pragmatic exercise intervention for women with breast cancerSANDRA HAYES
School of Public Health, Queensland University of Technology, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove, 4059, Queensland, Australia
Contemp Clin Trials 32:577-85. 2011..The purpose of this paper is to describe the study design, along with outcomes related to recruitment, retention and representativeness, and intervention participation...
- Mechanism of injury and special consideration criteria still matter: an evaluation of the National Trauma Triage ProtocolJoshua B Brown
Department of Surgery, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York 14642 8410, USA
J Trauma 70:38-44; discussion 44-5. 2011..The study objective was to analyze whether trauma center need (TCN) was accurately predicted solely by the PHY and ANA criteria using national data...
- Prevention of abdominal wound infection (PROUD trial, DRKS00000390): study protocol for a randomized controlled trialUlrike Heger
Study Centre of the German Surgical Society, Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Trials 12:245. 2011..The INLINE metaanalysis has recently shown the superiority of a slowly absorbable continuous suture for abdominal closure; with PDS plus® such a suture has now been made available with triclosan antibacterial coating...
- Practice nursed-based, individual and video-assisted patient education in oral anticoagulation--protocol of a cluster-randomized controlled trialThanh Duc Hua
Department of General Practice, University Medical Centre Göttingen, Humboldtallee 38, Gottingen, 37073, Germany
BMC Fam Pract 12:17. 2011..This trial is the first to evaluate the long-term effects of a complex practice nurse-based patient education program in comparison to a patient brochure only...
- Effectiveness of focused structural massage and relaxation massage for chronic low back pain: protocol for a randomized controlled trialDaniel C Cherkin
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, USA
Trials 10:96. 2009..This trial will be the first evaluation of the effectiveness of relaxation massage for chronic back pain and the first large trial of a focused structural form of massage for this condition...
- The effectiveness of a pain and anxiety protocol to treat the acute pediatric burn patientStephen L Ratcliff
Shriners Hospitals for Children, Galveston, TX 77550, USA
Burns 32:554-62. 2006..Having a standard pain protocol furnishes a framework for periodic review and facilitates updating of pain and anxiety treatment practices...
- Protocol for a randomised controlled trial of telemonitoring and self-management in the control of hypertension: telemonitoring and self-management in hypertension. [ISRCTN17585681]Richard J McManus
Primary Care Clinical Sciences, Primary Care and Clinical Sciences Building, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 9:6. 2009..Self-management of hypertension is an under researched area in which potential benefits for both patients and professionals are great...
- Implementing a web-based oncology protocol system in Australia: evaluation of the first 3 years of operationI M Hains
Health Informatics Research and Evaluation Unit, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Intern Med J 42:57-64. 2012..eviq.org.au). We evaluated eviQ use at the point-of-care and determined the factors impacting on its uptake and routine use in the first three years of operation...
- Development of a fertility acupuncture protocol: defining an acupuncture treatment protocol to support and treat women experiencing conception delaysSuzanne Cochrane
Center for Complementary Medicine Research, University of Western Sydney, Campbelltown Campus, Penrith, New South Wales 2751, Australia
J Altern Complement Med 17:329-37. 2011..Despite developing research in the field, there is a marked absence of research defining an adequate treatment to support and treat women experiencing delays in conceiving...
- Cognitive behavioural therapy versus supportive therapy for persistent positive symptoms in psychotic disorders: the POSITIVE Study, a multicenter, prospective, single-blind, randomised controlled clinical trialStefan Klingberg
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Tuebingen, Germany
Trials 11:123. 2010....
- Azithromycin for Indigenous children with bronchiectasis: study protocol for a multi-centre randomized controlled trialPatricia C Valery
Menzies School of Health Research, Charles Darwin University, Darwin, NT, Australia
BMC Pediatr 12:122. 2012..This study tests the hypothesis that azithromycin administered once a week as maintenance antibiotic treatment will reduce the rate of pulmonary exacerbations in Indigenous children with bronchiectasis...
- A protocol of no sedation for critically ill patients receiving mechanical ventilation: a randomised trialThomas Strøm
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Odense University Hospital, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Lancet 375:475-80. 2010..We aimed to establish whether duration of mechanical ventilation could be reduced with a protocol of no sedation versus daily interruption of sedation...
- Validity of controlled clinical trials of psychotherapy: findings from the NIMH Treatment of Depression Collaborative Research ProgramJ Stuart Ablon
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02114, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:775-83. 2002....
- Resource-oriented music therapy for psychiatric patients with low therapy motivation: protocol for a randomised controlled trial [NCT00137189]Christian Gold
Faculty of Health Studies, Sogn og Fjordane University College, 6823 Sandane, Norway
BMC Psychiatry 5:39. 2005..An additional aim of the study is to examine the mechanisms of change through music therapy...
- CONNECT for quality: protocol of a cluster randomized controlled trial to improve fall prevention in nursing homesRuth A Anderson
School of Nursing, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Implement Sci 7:11. 2012....
- The statistical analysis of a clinical trial when a protocol amendment changed the inclusion criteriaChristian Lösch
Institute for Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstr, 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
BMC Med Res Methodol 8:16. 2008..Sometimes, protocol amendments that change the inclusion and exclusion criteria are required in clinical trials. Then, the patient populations before and after the amendment may differ...
- The availability of clinical protocols in US teaching intensive care unitsMeeta Prasad
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Crit Care 25:610-9. 2010b>Clinical protocols to standardize care may improve patient outcomes but worsen trainee education. Our objective was to determine the availability of clinical protocols in teaching medical intensive care units (ICUs).
- Evaluation of a university hospital trauma team activation protocolTrond Dehli
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, University Hospital of North Norway Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 19:18. 2011..Correct triage is important for optimal resource utilization. The aim of the study was to evaluate our criteria for activating the trauma team, and identify suboptimal criteria that might be changed in the interest of precision...
- Effectiveness of hygienic-dietary recommendations as enhancers of antidepressant treatment in patients with depression: study protocol of a randomized controlled trialMauro Garcia-Toro
Institut Universitari d Investigacio en Ciencies de la Salut IUNICS, Universitat de les Illes Balears UIB, Red de Investigación en Actividades Preventivas y Promoción de la Salud RedIAPP, Spain
BMC Public Health 10:404. 2010..However, to our knowledge, there have been no studies using all these measures together as an adjuvant antidepressant strategy...
- Protocol for treatment of diabetic foot ulcersHarold Brem
Department of Surgery, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 5141 Broadway, New York, New York 10034, USA
Am J Surg 187:1S-10S. 2004....
- Adequacy of published oncology randomized controlled trials to provide therapeutic details needed for clinical applicationJennifer M Duff
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Health Science Center, University of Florida, PO Box 100278, Gainesville, FL 32610 0278, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 102:702-5. 2010..We assess the reporting methodology in RCTs published in major oncology journals...
- The effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of spinal cord stimulation for refractory angina (RASCAL study): study protocol for a pilot randomized controlled trialSam Eldabe
Department of Pain and Anesthesia, The James Cook University Hospital, Marton Road, Middlesbrough, UK
Trials 14:57. 2013....
- Acupuncture, Counseling, and Usual care for Depression (ACUDep): study protocol for a randomized controlled trialHugh MacPherson
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, York YO10 5DD, United Kingdom
Trials 13:209. 2012..Our aim is to conduct a full-scale RCT to determine the clinical and cost effectiveness of acupuncture and counseling compared to usual care alone. We will explore the experiences and perspectives of patients and practitioners...
- Chiropractic and exercise for seniors with low back pain or neck pain: the design of two randomized clinical trialsMichele J Maiers
Northwestern Health Sciences University, Wolfe Harris Center for Clinical Studies, 2501 West 84th Street, Bloomington, MN 55431, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 8:94. 2007..Cost-effectiveness and cost-utility will also be assessed. Finally, using qualitative methods, older LBP and NP patient's perceptions of treatment will be explored and described...
- Hypothalamic Orexin Role in Menopause-Associated Hot Flashes and Mood/Sleep DisruPHILIP LEE JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will allow me to make significant contributions to our knowledge of the neural and neurochemical mechanisms that lead to hot flashes and to identify potential novel nonhormonal targets for treatment. ..
- CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY OF PLATINUM ANTICANCER DRUGSStephen J Lippard; Fiscal Year: 2013..cellular pathways for destroying cancer cells will facilitate the design of more effective drugs and guide clinical protocols. A leading hypothesis is that the selective toxicity of platinum compounds for tumor versus normal cells and ..
- Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease with Ceramidase InhibitorsLynn W Maines; Fiscal Year: 2012..Extensive work, including our Preliminary Studies, suggests that inhibition of neutral ceramidase may provide a new therapy for these diseases. The proposed studies will provide the first test of this hypothesis. ..
- Antenatal Betamethasone in Late Preterm Gestation LambsSATYANARAYANA LAKSHMINRUSIMHA; Fiscal Year: 2010..We intend to administer betamethasone to late preterm gestation ewes to study the benefit and mechanism of this treatment in fetal lambs delivered by cesarean section. ..
- Comparative Effectiveness Research in Pediatric Rheumatic Diseases: Leveraging CACAROL A contact WALLACE; Fiscal Year: 2010..With 95% of members working at academic centers, knowledge gained from research investigations will be rapidly disseminated and translated into practice. ..
- Cooperative Multicenter Reproductive Medicine Network (U10)MARCELLE IVONNE CEDARS; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this proposal, drawing from studies of somatic aging, we propose a novel treatment to improve mitochondrial function and potentially reverse the age- associated decline in fertility...
- Assessment of Bone Composition Through a Novel Liquid/Solid State MRI MethodAra Nazarian; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Assessment of Bone Composition Through a Novel Liquid/Solid State MRI MethodAra Nazarian; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Yale Autoimmunity Center of ExcellenceKevan C Herold; Fiscal Year: 2013..and the studies in the basic projects have direct impact on the understanding and the analysis of clinical protocols. Samples from both clinical trials will be analyzed and are fully integrated into the studies that are ..
- Gene-Engineered and Targeted Stem Cell Therapy for MyelomaSelvarangan Ponnazhagan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Successful completion of these studies will allow us to initiate phase-1 human clinical trials. ..
- Mucosal Immunity and Microbiota in Intestinal Graft-versus-Host DiseaseMarcel R m van den Brink; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therefore, we expect that these preclinical studies have a high likelihood to improve prophylaxis and treatment of intestinal GVHD as well as overall outcome in allo BMT patients. ..
- Training/Research Center-Bone Marrow Failure SyndromesJaroslaw P Maciejewski; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will precisely map these lesions, identifying genes that may play a role in the disease and potentially act as targets of therapy;these studies will form the basis for the training program proposed. ..
- Adiposity and Outcomes of Clinically Localized Prostate CancerVincent L Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2013..It will also shed light on ways to prevent prostate cancer recurrence that may involve new or existing medicines or lifestyle changes. ..
- Improving Quality of Care in Parkinsons Disease: A Randomized Controlled TrialKAREN ILENE CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2013..among veterans with PD, and subsequent refinement of a set of care management tools and detailed clinical protocols necessary for implementing the nurse-led, coordinated care intervention...
- The role of cMET in satellite cells during muscle regenerationMICAH TAUBE WEBSTER; Fiscal Year: 2013..As deregulation of c-MET signaling is implicated in myriad tumors, this research may be relevant to multiple cancers. ..
- Trauma and Hemorrhage-Induced Skeletal Muscle Insulin ResistanceJOSEPH LOUIS MESSINA; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Targeting Kinases that Phosphorylate the KSHV LANA Chromatin Binding DomainS Diane Hayward; Fiscal Year: 2013..are already in use in the clinic and could potentially be more rapidly transitioned into pre-clinical and clinical protocols for KSHV associated disease...
- Development of an In Vivo Stem Cell Tracking Method Using Ultrasound ImagingFlordeliza S Villanueva; Fiscal Year: 2010..This new imaging technology may facilitate the clinical application of MSC therapy, which may ultimately decrease death and disability from myocardial infarction and congestive heart failure. ..
- Adult Neurogenesis: Regulation By SleepDENNIS J MCGINTY; Fiscal Year: 2013..By linking antidepressant treatment, sustained sleep, and adult neurogenesis, proposed work could provide a specific neurochemical rationale for development of treatment protocols which include management of sleep disorders. ..
- DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM TO GUIDE PEDIATRIC PHARMACOTHERAPYJEFFREY SCOTT BARRETT; Fiscal Year: 2010..Current prototype dashboards provide forecasting of drug exposure at select time points consistent with clinical protocols used to manage toxicity and efficacy...
- Immunosuppression by Adult Stem CellsYufang Shi; Fiscal Year: 2013..and chemokines, a better understanding of the mechanisms underlying these effects will lead to better clinical protocols for immune disorders, cancer immunotherapy and vaccine design...
- Long-acting EPO analog for treating anemia associated with chronic kidney diseaseGEORGE NORBERT COX; Fiscal Year: 2010..During Phase I we also designed clinical protocols for Phase 1 safety and Phase 2 dose ranging efficacy studies in humans...
- Gender Effects on Remodeling of Lipid and Sarcomere Dynamics in HypertrophyE Douglas Lewandowski; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Microfibril Fragments: Biomarkers of Aortic DiseaseLynn Y Sakai; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to meet this Challenge by testing whether circulating microfibril fragments can serve as biomarkers to reliably profile and monitor aneurysmal disease and identify aneurysms that are prone to dissection or rupture. ..
- Transforming Growth Factor-beta Signaling Pathways in Thoracic Aortic AneurysmsJeffrey A Jones; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Deciphering ExPEC Virulence MechanismsMatthew A Mulvey; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using a novel zebrafish infection model, we propose to identify bacterial factors and host responses that modulate the ability of different ExPEC strains to cause disease during both systemic and localized infections. ..
- SPORE in Pancreatic CancerJames Abbruzzese; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Ameliorating Sickle Nephropathy and Pulmonary HypertensionPunam Malik; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Neurological and cognitive effects of hyperoxia after cardiac arrestSTEPHEN WALTER TRZECIAK; Fiscal Year: 2013..Given the magnitude of death and disability that cardiac arrest imparts upon Americans, even modest improvements would provide a major public health benefit. ..
- Emotion Regulation in Adolescence: A Social Affective Neuroscience ApproachJENNIFER S contact SILK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Tools that can identify initial disruptions in emotion regulation and facilitate early intervention during this period of relative plasticity could lead to long-term reductions in health-related cost and suffering in adulthood. ..
- Novel therapeutics for alcoholic hepatitis - Cleveland Translational ComponentLaura E Nagy; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- LPL-Deficient Cats-A Quantitative Model of Gene DeliveryPHILIP RICHARD VULLIET; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this project we will investigate several different methods for increasing this response and methods to enhance engraftment of these cells and prolong these therapeutic effects. ..
- NON-INVASIVE HIGH-RESOLUTION DIAGNOSIS OF PERIODONTAL ATTACHMENT LEVELS USING REASAM M MUKDADI; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the State of West Virginia, more than 46.2% of the adults lost all their teeth at the age of 65. A recent oral health study in Appalachia involving 445 families revealed that 85% of the adults had periodontitis. ..
- Allelic Expression Imbalance in Tuberous Sclerosis ComplexVinodh Narayanan; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will facilitate selection of TSC patients for earlier and more aggressive treatment protocols, especially as we develop novel drugs that target various aspects of the mTOR or Ras/MAPK signaling pathways. ..
- Treatment of Osteoradionecrosis with Bone Marrow Stromal CellsSunday O Akintoye; Fiscal Year: 2010..These data will provide substantial new insights. Dr. Akintoye's long term goal is to ultimately translate these into human clinical protocols to treat patients with osteoradionecrosis.
- Origin and Function of Inflammatory Dendritic Cells in Psoriasis.Michelle A Lowes; Fiscal Year: 2013..This information will provide a novel exciting and specific therapeutic strategy to prevent initiation and maintenance of psoriasis lesions, and this new knowledge could be explored in other skin diseases and autoimmune diseases. ..
- Development of a Low Cost, Real-time Biofeedback Gait Retraining SystemSAUNDERS WHITTLESEY; Fiscal Year: 2012..to operate real-time biofeedback gait retraining system that can be modified to work with multiple clinical protocols. The product will be a commercial system for gait (walking and running) retraining, consisting of a ..
- Modeling Immune Desensitization in Renal TransplantationMartin S Zand; Fiscal Year: 2013..further develop a compartmental model of IgG synthesis and catabolism kinetics which accommodates actual clinical protocols. Anti-ABO antibody levels and B cell phenotypes will be measured in patients undergoing PLEX, IVIG and ..
- Assessment of outcomes and cost-effectiveness in early orthodontic treatmentJames J Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Towards the end of this K23 award Dr. Chen will prepare and apply for a R34 award to develop the intervention trial followed by an application for an U01 clinical trial award. ..
- Effect of beta-glucan on sepsisCOURTNI NEWSOME; Fiscal Year: 2009..The potential development of beta-glucan as a therapeutic agent with negligible side effects could aid immunocompromised patients, including those undergoing chemotherapy and those with uncontrolled inflammation. ..
- Disorders of Sex Development: Platform for Basic and Translational ResearchERIC J VILAIN; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Cardiac Sparing Whole Lung IMRT in Children and Young Adults with Lung MetastasesJOHN ANDREW KALAPURAKAL; Fiscal Year: 2012..This clinical study is the first to examine the feasibility of WL-IMRT and it has the potential to promote the adoption of a new standard for care for children with lung metastases. ..
- Immune Cell Carriers for the Delivery of Oncolytic Viruses to Metastatic TumorsRichard G Vile; Fiscal Year: 2013..trial to monitor trafficking of immune cells following intralymphatic delivery and two additional proposed clinical protocols. The overall hypothesis of this proposal, for renewal of Grant CA RO1107082, is that it will be possible to ..
- Characterizing Alcohol's Effects on Repair of Liver InjuryANNA MAE ELIZABETH DIEHL; Fiscal Year: 2010..This has important public health implications given the fact that social use of alcohol is virtually ubiquitous. ..
- TIM-3: Galectin-9: A Novel Regulatory Pathway of Alloimmune ActivationNader Najafian; Fiscal Year: 2011..promising strategies to induce tolerance, although this has yet to be successfully translated into effective clinical protocols. The efficacy of costimulation blockade is diminished by several factors, including initial high frequency ..
- MSKCC Center for Molecular Imaging in CancerSTEVEN MARK LARSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..expression imaging (GEI) vectors, 10 new radiotracers, including 3 T-cell tracers;5 FDA IND's and 6 clinical protocols. Our vision for ICMIC-3 is "cancer biology integrated with real-time, noninvasive imaging for application in ..
- NOVEL THERAPEUTICS FOR POSTMENOPAUSAL OSTEOPOROSISPing Men; Fiscal Year: 2012..We believe that further defining and developing these agents will lead to new dual action drugs with safer and more efficacious profiles for osteoporotic prevention and treatment. ..
- Development of the Cellular Biomarker for Diabetic Foot UlcersMARJANA contact TOMIC CANIC; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Asthma is a Prognostic Indicator for Pulmonary Metastasis of Breast CancerJAMES JOSEPH LEE; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., enhanced treatment protocols) aggressively targeting the asthma of breast cancer patients with the expectation of increased survival rates among this large subset of breast cancer patients. ..
- Fecal Bacteriotherapy for Relapsing Clostridium difficile InfectionCOLLEEN RENEE KELLY; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- City of Hope Clinical Oncology Career Research Development ProgramJoanne E Mortimer; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Temporal analysis of nitric oxide as potential sepsis biomarkerMark H Schoenfisch; Fiscal Year: 2013..The temporal changes of these analytes will then be evaluated in an appropriate animal (porcine) model of sepsis to determine their predictive value. ..
- Luminescent Oxygen Nanosensors for Tumor Hypoxia ImagingCassandra L Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ultimately, BNPs will shed light on many medical challenges by helping to map relationships between oxygenation and biological function. This is already being realized. ..
- The Effects of Hyper and Hypocapnia on Phonatory Laryngeal ResistanceAmanda I Gillespie; Fiscal Year: 2012..Future research will also aim to identify bio-behavior markers for individuals at risk for respiratory-induced laryngeal pathology, and to establish targeted evaluation and treatment of at-risk individuals. ..
- Novel Strategies for Brain Tumor TherapyIan F Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2012..maintenance of cell lines, preparation of biological products, and therapeutic monitoring essential for the clinical protocols in this program...
- Lysyl Oxidase Propeptide: Breast Cancer InhibitorGail E Sonenshein; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Modulated Imaging: A Wide-field Optical Imaging Platform for Clinical ResearchAnthony J Durkin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Leveraging existing IRB approved clinical protocols and ongoing LAMMP- related studies, we will perform feasibility studies for skin-related applications, ..
- Understanding the role of SKP2 in small cell lung cancer progressionBrandon Nicolay; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will lead to identification of combined approaches that together with Skp2 knockdown will lead to SCLC cell death. ..
- Genetic Therapy for Fanconi AnemiaFeng Chun Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..RELEVANCE: Achievement of these goals will permit the translation of this basic work to the development of clinical protocols for effective viral mediated gene correction of Fanconi anemia...
- Non-cancer gene addition as anticancer strategyJose M Silva; Fiscal Year: 2012..and ErbB2, the estrogen nuclear receptor, or the BCR-ABL fusion protein is already part of well established clinical protocols. However, even these ideal tailored therapies fail to provide a long-term cure and can only delay the ..
- Age Dependent Mechanical Ventilator-Induced Inflammation: Modeling &ExperimentsANGELA MARIE REYNOLDS; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Quantitative Adenosine Stress CMR with Spiral Pulse SequencesMichael Salerno; Fiscal Year: 2013..Improved techniques would also reduce repeated testing for equivocal studies and reduce the number of incorrect diagnoses. Thus, this project has the potential to reduce health care expenditures while improving patient care. ..
- Long-acting Growth Hormone for Treating HIV-Associated Adipose Redistribution SynGeorge Cox; Fiscal Year: 2009..During Phase I we also designed clinical protocols for Phase 1 safety and Phase 2 dose ranging efficacy studies in humans...
- Mechanisms of specific trunk Exercises in low back painSharon M Henry; Fiscal Year: 2010..This series of experiments will, for the first time, compare two classification systems used in LBP treatment and determine if they are superior to STC exercises. 4 ..
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Therapy for Myocardial RegenerationRoberto Bolli; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results may eventually lead to the development of novel therapeutic strategies in patients with ischemic heart disease. ..
- PHARMACODYNAMICS OF AGENTS FOR BLADDER CANCER THERAPYJESSIE AU; Fiscal Year: 2003..We propose to evaluate the activity of new drugs and combinations for these tumors, and to establish the pharmacodynamics as stated in A.4. ..
- MOLECULAR CORRELATES OF METHOTREXATE IN CHILDHOOD ALLLarry Matherly; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Investigating Ultrastructural Collagen Changes in Osteogenesis ImperfectaJoseph Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2009..Therefore, this research is not only applicable to Ol patients, but has broader implications for investigating other diseases related to ultrastructural modifications of bone. ..