Genomes and Genes
Summary: Nonoperative repair of occluded vessels, ducts, or valves by insertion of a balloon catheter. It is used, among other things, to treat varices, torn retinas, renal and biliary calculi, gastric, bronchial and rectal stenoses, and heart valves, and includes catheterization with Fogarty and Foley catheters.
Publications289 found, 100 shown here
- Flexible transgastric peritoneoscopy: a novel approach to diagnostic and therapeutic interventions in the peritoneal cavityAnthony N Kalloo
Division of Gastroenterology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 60:114-7. 2004..A novel endoscopic peroral transgastric approach to the peritoneal cavity was tested in a porcine model in acute and long-term survival experiments...
- Large-diameter balloon dilation after endoscopic sphincterotomy for removal of difficult bile duct stonesS P Misra
Department of Gastroenterology, Moti Lal Nehru Medical College, University of Allahabad, Allahabad, India
Endoscopy 40:209-13. 2008..In an attempt to avoid mechanical lithotripsy, we used large-diameter balloons after sphincterotomy for removing stones that could not be extracted using the conventional methods...
- Endoscopic papillary balloon dilation vs. sphincterotomy for removal of common bile duct stones: a prospective randomized pilot studyJ C Arnold
Dept. of Medicine C, Ludwigshafen City Hospital, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Endoscopy 33:563-7. 2001..EST will therefore continue to be the standard procedure for stone removal in the near future. Further studies will be needed in order to compare the longer-term results with EST and EBD...
- Small sphincterotomy combined with papillary dilation with large balloon permits retrieval of large stones without mechanical lithotripsyAtsushi Minami
Kawasaki Kyodo Hospital 2 1 5 Sakuramoto Kawasaki City 210 0833, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 13:2179-82. 2007..To introduce a new method: small endoscopic sphincterotomy (ES) combined with endoscopic papillary large balloon dilation (SES + EPLBD) to treat patients with large biliary stones...
- Treatment of intracranial atherosclerotic stenoses with balloon dilatation and self-expanding stent deployment (WingSpan)H Henkes
Robert Janker Klinik, Villenstrasse 4 8, 53129, Bonn, Germany
Neuroradiology 47:222-8. 2005The endovascular treatment of atherosclerotic intracranial arterial stenoses has previously been based on balloon dilatation or the deployment of a balloon expandable stent...
- Balloon dilatation eustachian tuboplasty: a clinical studyThorsten Ockermann
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Bielefeld Academic Teaching Hospital, Bielefeld, Germany
Laryngoscope 120:1411-6. 2010To assess the feasibility of balloon dilatation eustachian tuboplasty (BET) as an option for treatment of patients with eustachian tube (ET) dysfunction.
- Bronchoscopic balloon dilatation of tracheobronchial stenosis: long-term follow-upDavid Shitrit
Pulmonary Institute, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tikva, and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 38:198-202. 2010Bronchoscopic balloon dilatation (BBD) has become a valuable tool in the treatment of tracheobronchial stenosis (TBS). The objective of this study was to assess the short- and long-term effects of BBD.
- Management of post-radical prostatectomy anastomotic stricture by endoscopic transurethral balloon dilatationPriyadarshi Kumar
Department of Urology, St Bartholomew s Hospital and Queen Mary College, University of London, London, UK
Scand J Urol Nephrol 41:314-5. 2007..In view of the proximity to the sphincter, anastomotic strictures need careful management to avoid making the patient incontinent. We describe our experience with a novel method...
- Selective intracoronary administration of nitroprusside before balloon dilatation prevents slow reflow during percutaneous coronary intervention in patients with acute myocardial infarctionNorihiko Shinozaki
Department of Cardiology, Naganoken Koseiren Shinonoi General Hospital, Nagano, Japan
Int Heart J 48:423-33. 2007..Previous studies have shown that intracoronary nitroprusside injection is safe and effective after slow reflow complicates percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Human NOTES cholecystectomy: transgastric hybrid techniqueEdward D Auyang
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Galter 3 150, 251 E Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60611 2908, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 13:1149-50. 2009..Gastrointest Endosc 65(7):1028-1034, 2007). This video demonstrates the technique by which we perform transgastric NOTES hybrid cholecystectomy in human patients...
- Sequential endoscopic papillary balloon dilatation following limited sphincterotomy for common bile duct stonesRakesh Kochhar
Department of Gastroenterology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, 160012, India
Dig Dis Sci 54:1578-81. 2009Endoscopic papillary balloon dilatation (EPBD) has been recently used in conjunction with endoscopic sphincterotomy (EST) for the removal of common bile duct (CBD) stones...
- Endoscopic balloon dilatation using double-balloon endoscopy is a useful and safe treatment for small intestinal strictures in Crohn's diseaseFumihito Hirai
Department of Gastroenterology, Fukuoka University Chikushi Hospital, Chikushino, Fukuoka, Japan
Dig Endosc 22:200-4. 2010Endoscopic balloon dilatation (EBD) is a therapeutic option for intestinal strictures of Crohn's disease (CD). Double-balloon endoscopy (DBE) enables EBD to be performed even for deep-situated strictures of the small intestine...
- Can endoscopic papillary balloon dilation really preserve sphincter of Oddi function?I Yasuda
First Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
Gut 49:686-91. 2001..However, few studies have addressed this issue specifically. In this study, we investigated whether EPBD can preserve sphincter function, and evaluated whether or not such preservation has clinical significance...
- Endoscopic balloon dilatation versus endoscopic sphincterotomy for the removal of bile duct stones: a prospective randomised trialP Vlavianos
Gastrointestinal Unit, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
Gut 52:1165-9. 2003Endoscopic balloon dilatation (EBD) of the sphincter of Oddi has been proposed as an alternative therapy with possible advantages, as compared with endoscopic sphincterotomy (ES), for removal of bile duct stones.
- Predictors of postoperative stricture after esophageal endoscopic submucosal dissection for superficial squamous cell neoplasmsS Ono
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
Endoscopy 41:661-5. 2009..Although endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) is becoming accepted as an established treatment for superficial esophageal squamous cell neoplasms, the risks for developing postoperative stricture have not been elucidated...
- Endoscopic large-balloon sphincteroplasty without preceding sphincterotomy for the removal of large bile duct stones: a preliminary studySeok Jeong
Department of Internal Medicine, Inha University College of Medicine, Incheon, South Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 70:915-22. 2009..However, there are no available data on the preceding EST to confirm these assertions...
- Pneumatic dilation for achalasia: late results of a prospective follow up investigationV F Eckardt
Deutsche Klinik fur Diagnostik, Wiesbaden, Germany
Gut 53:629-33. 2004....
- Mobilized endothelial progenitor cells by granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor accelerate reendothelialization and reduce vascular inflammation after intravascular radiationHyun Jai Cho
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon dong Chongno gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Circulation 108:2918-25. 2003..Endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) play a pivotal role in repair and regeneration of damaged vessels. We investigated the role of mobilized EPCs in the healing process after intravascular radiation therapy...
- A randomized trial of endoscopic balloon dilation and endoscopic sphincterotomy for removal of bile duct stones in patients with a prior Billroth II gastrectomyJ J Bergman
Department of Gastroenterology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gastrointest Endosc 53:19-26. 2001..The risk of bleeding is virtually absent after EBD and the risk of pancreatitis after EBD seems not significantly increased in these patients...
- Balloon sphincteroplasty for removing difficult bile duct stonesA Maydeo
Institute of Advanced Endoscopy, Mumbai, India
Endoscopy 39:958-61. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of papillary balloon dilation after sphincterotomy for extraction of these difficult-to-remove bile duct stones...
- Endoscopic management of bile duct stonesK F Binmoeller
Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of California, San Diego 92103 8413, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 32:106-18. 2001..Primary laparoscopic evaluation and management is reasonable in patients who have a low-to-moderate probability of having CBD stones...
- Are outcomes of surgical versus transcatheter balloon valvotomy equivalent in neonatal critical aortic stenosis?B W McCrindle
Divisions of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Toronto, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 104:I152-8. 2001..For neonates with critical aortic valve stenosis who are selected for biventricular repair, valvotomy can be achieved surgically (SAV) or by transcatheter balloon dilation (BAV)...
- Predictive factors for acute pancreatitis and hyperamylasemia after endoscopic papillary balloon dilationMasanori Sugiyama
The First Department of Surgery, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 57:531-5. 2003..Risk factors predictive of acute pancreatitis and hyperamylasemia after endoscopic papillary balloon dilation were retrospectively analyzed...
- Effect of stent placement, balloon or cutting balloon dilatation on stricture formation after caustic esophageal burn in ratsA Kapisiz
Gazi University Medical Faculty, Pediatric Surgery, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Pediatr Surg 21:258-62. 2011..The outcomes after stent placement were also compared with those after balloon dilatation and cutting balloon dilatation performed after stricture development...
- Successful treatment of congenital esophageal web by endoscopic electrocauterization and balloon dilatationHsun Chin Chao
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan 33305, Taiwan
J Pediatr Surg 43:e13-5. 2008..Three courses of endoscopic balloon dilatation resulted in transient improvement in his dysphagia and vomiting; a follow-up barium esophagogram and ..
- Bronchoscopic management of benign bronchial stenosis by electrocautery and balloon dilatationM Garg
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Critical Care, Jaipur Golden Hospital, New Delhi, India
Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 54:41-3. 2012..The stenosis was dilated successfully through a fibreoptic bronchoscope by electrocautery followed by balloon bronchoplasty and application of mitomycin-C. On follow up, there was no evidence of re-stenosis...
- Predictors for outcome of failure of balloon dilatation in patients with achalasiaJ Alderliesten
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Gut 60:10-6. 2011Pneumatic balloon dilatation (PD) is a regular treatment modality for achalasia. The reported success rates of PD vary. Recurrent symptoms often require repeated PD or surgery.
- [Correlation between clinical symptoms and radiologic findings before and after pneumatic balloon dilatation for achalasia]Jong Tae Moon
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 52:16-20. 2008We investigated the risk factors for short-term recurrence and analyzed the correlation between subjective clinical symtoms and objective radiological findings in patients with achalasia undergoing pneumatic balloon dilatation.
- [Recurrent common bile duct stone and endoscopic treatment after endoscopic papillary large balloon dilatation with minor endoscopic sphincterotomy]Dong Woo Ha
Department of Internal Medicine, Pusan National University School of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 57:352-7. 2011Recent studies have reported the potentials of endoscopic papillary large balloon dilatation (EPLBD) with minor endoscopic sphincterotomy (EST) for the complete removal of common bile duct (CBD) stone in the high risk groups...
- Randomized controlled trial of intrasphincteric botulinum toxin A injection versus balloon dilatation in treatment of achalasia cardiaU C Ghoshal
Department of Gastroenterology, Seth Sukhlal Karnani Memorial Hospital and Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Calcutta, India
Dis Esophagus 14:227-31. 2001..It is also effective in patients with tortuous megaesophagus and previous failed pneumatic dilatation. However, dysphagia often recurs during 1-year follow up...
- Intralesional steroid injection in benign esophageal strictures resistant to bougie dilationEngin Altintas
Mersin University, School of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Mersin, Turkey
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:1388-91. 2004..Some benign esophageal strictures are highly resistant to bougie dilation. The aim of this study was to determine whether intralesional steroid injection had additional benefit to Savary-Gilliard's bougie dilation therapy (SGBD)...
- Completely obstructed colorectal anastomosis: a new non-electrosurgical endoscopic approach before balloon dilatationGabriele Curcio
Department of Gastroenterology, ISMETT, UPMC, Palermo 90100, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 16:4751-4. 2010..Through-the-scope balloon dilatation is well known and easy to perform...
- Endoclip closure of jejunal perforation after balloon dilatationShou Jiang Tang
Division of Digestive Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8887, USA
Obes Surg 17:540-3. 2007..The incidence of iatrogenic perforation during stomal balloon dilatation is reported to be 3% to 12% among these patients...
- Balloon dilatation of pulmonary artery banding: Norwegian experience over more than 20 yearsHenrik Holmstrom
Department of Pediatrics, Rikshospitalet National Hospital, 0027, Oslo, Norway
Eur Heart J 33:61-6. 2012..The purpose of this paper was to present the results of a simple modification of the suture technique for pulmonary artery banding (PAB), which allows for stepwise debanding by use of balloon catheter...
- Esophageal strictures in children with recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa: an 11-year experience with fluoroscopically guided balloon dilatationRichard G Azizkhan
Division of General and Thoracic Pediatric Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Epidermolysis Bullosa Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Pediatr Surg 41:55-60; discussion 55-60. 2006..Although endoscopically guided balloon dilatation is a widely used treatment, the use of an endoscope carries the risk of oropharyngeal trauma...
- The increase in balloon size to over 15 mm does not affect the development of pancreatitis after endoscopic papillary large balloon dilatation for bile duct stone removalYoung Hoon Youn
Department of Internal Medicine, Gangnam Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 712 Eonjuro, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, 135 720, Korea
Dig Dis Sci 56:1572-7. 2011Endoscopic papillary large balloon dilatation (EPLBD) after endoscopic sphincterotomy (EST) has recently become widely used for common bile duct (CBD) stone removal, but many clinicians remain concerned about post-procedural pancreatitis ..
- Treatment of achalasia: botulinum toxin injection vs. pneumatic balloon dilation. A prospective study with long-term follow-UpH D Allescher
Department of Internal Medicine II, Technical University of Munich, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Ismaninger Strasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Endoscopy 33:1007-17. 2001..The aim of the present study was to test the effectiveness, the long-term outcome and the cumulative costs of BTX injection in consecutive patients with symptomatic achalasia in comparison with pneumatic balloon dilation...
- Percutaneous treatment of biliary stones: sphincteroplasty and occlusion balloon for the clearance of bile duct calculiLorenzo García-García
Unidad de Radiología Intervencionista, Hospital Virgen de la Salud, Complejo Hospitalario de Toledo, Avenida Barber s n, Toledo 45004, Spain
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:663-70. 2004..After the expulsion of the calculi into the duodenum, drainage of the main bile duct to the exterior was maintained for 2-8 days...
- Various surgical modalities for trigeminal neuralgia: literature study of respective long-term outcomesM Tatli
Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital Neurologique Pierre Wertheimer Hospital, University of Lyon, Lyon, France
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 150:243-55. 2008....
- Primary cricopharyngeal achalasia in a newborn treated by balloon dilatation: a case report and review of the literatureOmer Erdeve
Ankara University, School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:165-8. 2007..cricopharyngeal achalasia case, who was diagnosed early in 1st week of life and treated successfully by balloon dilatation, and discuss the treatment options for this very rare disease...
- Endoscopic balloon dilatation applied for the treatment of ileocecal valve stricture caused by tuberculosisM Akarsu
Dig Liver Dis 39:597-8. 2007
- [Balloon dilatation of the pulmonary valve. Short-, middle- and long-term results]G Buheitel
Abteilung Pädiatrische Kardiologie Klinik mit Poliklinik für Kinder und Jugendliche, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg
Z Kardiol 90:503-9. 2001Immediate and long-term results after balloon dilatation of pulmonary valve stenosis in our unit.
- Comparison of cryoballoon and radiofrequency ablation of pulmonary veins in 40 patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: a case-control studyMarkus Linhart
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 20:1343-8. 2009..Radiofrequency (RF) is currently the most widespread energy source for PV ablation. Cryothermal energy applied with a cryoballoon technique as an alternative has recently evolved...
- Endoscopic papillary balloon dilation with large balloon after limited sphincterotomy for retrieval of choledocholithiasisSeungmin Bang
Division of Gastroenterology, Institute of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 47:805-10. 2006..However, post-procedural hyperamylasemia was developed in 16 cases (68.2%). EBD with larger balloon seems to be a feasible and safe alternative technique for conventional EST in CBD stone extraction...
- A technical strategy for carotid artery stenting: suboptimal prestent balloon angioplasty without poststenting balloon dilatationSung Chul Jin
Department of Neurosurgery, Seoul National University, Bundang Hospital, Seongnam, South Korea
Neurosurgery 67:1438-42; discussion 1442-3. 2010..Traditional carotid artery stenting (CAS) consists of predilatation, optional deployment of embolic protection devices, stenting, and poststent angioplasty. Each step carries a risk of thromboembolism...
- Biliary sphincterotomy plus dilation with a large balloon for bile duct stones that are difficult to extractGalip Ersoz
Ege University School of Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, Izmir, Turkey
Gastrointest Endosc 57:156-9. 2003..In the vast majority of these cases, there are 2 main problems: large stone size (>15 mm) and tapering of distal bile duct...
- Endoscopic balloon dilatation without fluoroscopy for treating gastric outlet obstruction because of benign etiologiesSurinder Singh Rana
Department of Gastroenterology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research PGIMER, Sector 12, Chandigarh, 160012, India
Surg Endosc 25:1579-84. 2011..Endoscopic balloon dilatation is a minimally invasive treatment modality for GOO but experience with its use is mainly in patients with ..
- Endoscopic balloon dilatation is a safe method in the management of common bile duct stonesC K Lin
Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, 386 Ta Chung 1st Road, Kaohsiung 813, Taiwan
Dig Liver Dis 36:68-72. 2004..Endoscopic balloon dilatation is a less traumatic and sphincter preserving method for removal of common bile duct stones...
- Comparison of percutaneous balloon compression and glycerol rhizotomy for the treatment of trigeminal neuralgiaKonstantinos Kouzounias
Department of Neurosurgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurosurg 113:486-92. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare percutaneous balloon compression (PBC) and percutaneous retrogasserian glycerol rhizotomy (PRGR) in terms of effectiveness, complications, and technical aspects...
- The predictive power of balloon shape and change of sensory functions on outcome of percutaneous balloon compression for trigeminal neuralgiaPär Asplund
Department of Neurosurgery, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
J Neurosurg 113:498-507. 2010..Furthermore, they analyzed the sensory side effects associated with this treatment, and how these relate to surgical parameters...
- The balloon dilatation and large profile catheter maintenance method for the management of the bile duct stricture following liver transplantationSung Wook Choo
Department of Radiology and Center for Imaging Saience, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 7:41-9. 2006We wanted to evaluate the therapeutic efficacy of the percutaneous balloon dilatation and large profile catheter maintenance method for the management of patients with anastomotic biliary strictures following liver transplant.
- Intralesional steroid injections for corrosive induced pyloric stenosisR Kochhar
Dept of Gastroenterology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Endoscopy 30:734-6. 1998..Endoscopic balloon dilation combined with intralesional steroid may be an effective alternative to surgery in such patients...
- Endoscopic treatment of an impacted pancreatic duct stone using a balloon catheter for electrohydraulic lithotripsy without pancreatoscopyGeorgios I Papachristou
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 40:753-6. 2006..Herein, we report the use of intraductal electrohydraulic lithotripsy to fragment a large obstructing PD stone guided only by fluoroscopy without the utilization of a pancreatoscope...
- Cardiovascular response during trigeminal ganglion compression for trigeminal neuralgia according to the use of local anestheticsAdriana Tanaka Tibano
Neurology Department, Hospital das Clinicas, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 152:1347-51. 2010..The objective of this study was to investigate cardiovascular parameters (blood pressure and heart rate [HR]) of patients that underwent trigeminal balloon compression with local anesthetics compared to a control group (placebo)...
- What is an appropriate indication for endoscopic papillary balloon dilation?Masaaki Natsui
Department of Internal Medicine, Niigata Prefectural Shibata Hospital, Shibata, Japan
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:635-40. 2002..In this study, we have evaluated the efficacy and safety of EPBD compared with endoscopic sphincterotomy (EST)...
- Factors that influence outcome of percutaneous balloon compression in the treatment of trigeminal neuralgiaKonstantinos Kouzounias
Department of Neurosurgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Neurosurgery 67:925-34; discussion 934. 2010....
- Preoperative balloon dilatation of obstructed total anomalous pulmonary venous connection in a neonateSivasubramanian Ramakrishnan
Department of Cardiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 61:128-30. 2004..Preoperative balloon angioplasty of obstructed TAPVC in a sick neonate is rarely reported. We describe successful short-term palliation with balloon angioplasty of a critically ill neonate with obstructed supracardiac TAPVC...
- Esophageal intramural pseudodiverticulosis treated by balloon dilatation: report of a caseFumihiko Yoneyama
Department of Surgery, Japanese Red Cross Nagoya First Hospital, 3 35 Michishita cho, Nakamura ku, Nagoya 453 8511, Japan
Surg Today 34:62-4. 2004..He underwent successful balloon dilatation of the stenosis and his dysphagia resolved...
- [New method for the treatment of atrial fibrillation: circumferential cryoballoon ablation of the pulmonary vein]Csaba Foldesi
Gottsegen György Országos Kardiológiai Intézet Budapest Haller u 29 1096
Orv Hetil 149:1779-84. 2008..On this occasion we review the potential advantages of this technique which may serve as basis for its widespread use in the future...
- A prospective study of 39 patients with trigeminal neuralgia treated with percutaneous balloon compressionWuilker Knoner Campos
Institute of Neurosurgery, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 69:221-6. 2011..It may be treated with percutaneous balloon compression (PBC), which is considered to be a safe and efficient procedure. The purpose of this study was to review our results with PBC and to assess the factors influencing the outcome...
- Endoscopic balloon sphincteroplasty for extraction of large radiolucent pancreatic duct stones (with videos)Amit Maydeo
Institute of Advanced Endoscopy, 5th Floor, Om Chambers, 123 August Kranti Marg, Mumbai 400036, India
Gastrointest Endosc 70:798-802. 2009..Although radiopaque pancreatic duct stones can be targeted by extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) and extracted by ERCP, large and radiolucent stones remain a therapeutic challenge...
- Correlation of clinical findings and results of percutaneous balloon compression for patients with trigeminal neuralgiaMonika Stomal-Słowińska
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical University of Silesia, Sosnowiec, Poland
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 113:14-21. 2011..To investigate pain relief and recurrence after percutaneous balloon compression (PBC) and its association with type of pain, prior surgery, or other clinical factors...
- Pneumatic balloon dilatation for chronic anal fissure: a prospective, clinical, endosonographic, and manometric studyA Renzi
General and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery Unit, S Stefano Hospital, Naples, Italy
Dis Colon Rectum 48:121-6. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate prospectively the clinical, anatomic, and functional pattern in a group of patients treated by pneumatic balloon dilation...
- Is endoscopic balloon dilation for removal of bile duct stones associated with an increased risk for pancreatitis or a higher rate of hyperamylasemia?J J Bergman
Dept of Gastroenterology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Endoscopy 33:416-20. 2001..We studied the rate of pancreatitis and asymptomatic hyperamylasemia after endoscopic balloon dilation (EBD) and endoscopic sphincterotomy (EST) for removal of bile duct stones...
- Pneumatic balloon dilatation in achalasia: a prospective comparison of safety and efficacy with different balloon diametersJ Mikaeli
Digestive Disease Research Centre DDRC, Shariati Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 20:431-6. 2004..There is also no consensus on the optimal method for performing pneumatic dilation as regard to balloon diameter, amount and the rate inflation pressure...
- Balloon dilatation vs. balloon dilatation plus bile duct endoprostheses for treatment of anastomotic biliary strictures after liver transplantationThomas Zoepf
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital of Essen, Essen, Germany
Liver Transpl 12:88-94. 2006..We compared either balloon dilatation (BD) alone or dilatation plus placement of an increasing number of bile duct endoprostheses (BD + ..
- Repeated pneumatic dilations as long-term maintenance therapy for esophageal achalasiaFrank Zerbib
Department of Gastroenterology, Hôpital Saint André, Bordeaux, France
Am J Gastroenterol 101:692-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the long-term efficacy of repeated PD as long-term maintenance therapy...
- Long-term effects of endoscopic papillary balloon dilation on gallbladder motilityMasanori Sugiyama
First Department of Surgery, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 49:1803-7. 2004..At 1 month to 5 years after EPBD, these changes were far less evident and gallbladder function did not differ significantly from baseline. EPBD does not adversely affect gallbladder motility in the long-term (5 years)...
- Randomized trial of 1-minute versus 5-minute endoscopic balloon dilation for extraction of bile duct stonesWei Chih Liao
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, National TaiwanUniversity College of Medicine, Taipei
Gastrointest Endosc 72:1154-62. 2010..An uncut SO also may exacerbate pancreatic duct compression from edema after EPBD, and it increases the risk of pancreatitis...
- Risk factors for pancreatitis in patients with common bile duct stones managed by endoscopic papillary balloon dilationTakeshi Tsujino
Department of Gastroenterology, Japanese Red Cross Medical Center, 4 1 22 Hiroo, Shibuya ku, Tokyo 150 8935, Japan
Am J Gastroenterol 100:38-42. 2005..The aim of the study was to investigate the risk factors for postendoscopic papillary balloon dilation pancreatitis in a single-center study...
- The use of the double-balloon enteroscope for endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography and biliary stent placement after Roux-en-Y hepaticojejunostomyT G Moreels
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Antwerp University Hospital, Antwerp, Belgium
Endoscopy 39:E196-7. 2007
- Outcome and growth potential of left heart structures after neonatal intervention for aortic valve stenosisRa K Han
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Toronto, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:2406-14. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine trends of growth of left heart structures after intervention for neonatal aortic valve stenosis...
- Treatment of choledocholithiasis following Roux-en-Y hepaticojejunostomy using double-balloon endoscopyT W Spahn
Digestion 75:20-1. 2007
- Predictors of technical success and postnatal biventricular outcome after in utero aortic valvuloplasty for aortic stenosis with evolving hypoplastic left heart syndromeDoff B McElhinney
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 120:1482-90. 2009..Prenatal balloon aortic valvuloplasty may improve left heart growth and function, possibly preventing evolution to hypoplastic left heart syndrome...
- Endoscopic papillary balloon dilation for the management of bile duct stones in patients 85 years of age and olderYukiko Ito
Department of Gastroenterology, Japanese Red Cross Medical Center, University of Tokyo, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 68:477-82. 2008..Endoscopic papillary balloon dilation (EPBD) is a possible alternative to endoscopic sphincterotomy for the treatment of bile duct stones. However, little information is available in the elderly...
- Factors predicting outcome of balloon dilatation in achalasiaUlku Dagli
Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 54:1237-42. 2009b>Balloon dilatation of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) is one of the effective nonsurgical treatment options in the management of achalasia...
- Hybrid approach as bridge to biventricular repair in a neonate with critical aortic stenosis and borderline left ventricleStephen C Brown
Pediatric Cardiology, University of the Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 35:1080-2. 2009..The hybrid approach allowed adequate time (months) for careful consideration and acted as a bridge to biventricular repair in this infant...
- Endotracheal balloon dilatation and stent implantation in benign stenosesB Schmidt
Department of Internal Medicine I, , Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 71:1630-4. 2001..We investigated the outcome after balloon dilatation and silicone stent implantation...
- [Intermediate and long-term outcome after percutaneous balloon dilatation of valvular pulmonary stenoses in childhood]B Mahnert
Abteilung Kinderheilkunde III, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Z Kardiol 85:482-8. 1996..Percutaneous balloon valvuloplasty was a safe and effective treatment for pulmonary valve stenosis in infancy and childhood. Long-term results confirm the value of this method...
- Endoscopic balloon dilation compared with sphincterotomy for extraction of bile duct stonesJames A Disario
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, University of Utah Health Science Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Gastroenterology 127:1291-9. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine short-term outcomes of endoscopic balloon dilation of the sphincter of Oddi compared with sphincterotomy for stone extraction...
- Large-diameter biliary orifice balloon dilation to aid in endoscopic bile duct stone removal: a multicenter seriesSiriboon Attasaranya
Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 67:1046-52. 2008..The utility and safety of endoscopic biliary orifice balloon dilation (EBD) for bile duct stone removal (with use of large-diameter balloons) after biliary endoscopic sphincterotomy (BES) is currently not well established...
- Long-term outcome of pneumatic dilation in the treatment of achalasiaGeorgios Karamanolis
Gastroenterology Unit, Athens Naval and Veterans Hospital, 3 Monis Kikkou, 15669 Papagou, Athens, Greece
Am J Gastroenterol 100:270-4. 2005..Hence, we aimed to evaluate the long-term efficacy of pneumatic dilation to control the symptoms of achalasia...
- Therapeutic ERCP with the double-balloon enteroscope in patients with Roux-en-Y anastomosisKlaus Monkemuller
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectious Diseases, Otto von Guericke University, Universitatsklinikum Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 67:992-6. 2008
- Endoscopic balloon dilation of the biliary sphincter compared to endoscopic biliary sphincterotomy for removal of common bile duct stones during ERCP: a metaanalysis of randomized, controlled trialsTodd H Baron
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Medical Center, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 99:1455-60. 2004..To compare the effect of endoscopic balloon dilation (EPBD) of the papilla with that of endoscopic biliary sphincterotomy (EST) in the treatment of patients with common bile duct stones...
- Functional endoscopic dilatation of the sinuses: patient satisfaction, postoperative pain, and costMichael Friedman
Department of Otolaryngology and Bronchoesophagology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60602, USA
Am J Rhinol 22:204-9. 2008..A retrospective study was performed of 70 patients with chronic rhinosinusitis who underwent FEDS or FESS as primary or revision treatment...
- High dose intravenous methylprednisolone resolves esophageal stricture resistant to balloon dilatation with intralesional injection of dexamethasoneNobuyuki Morikawa
Division of General Surgery, National Center for Child Health and Development, 2 10 1 Okura, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 157 8535, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 24:1161-4. 2008..persistent esophageal stricture successfully managed by high dose intravenous methylprednisolone following balloon dilatation. High-dose methylprednisolone with gradual tapering (daily 25, 15, 10, 5, 2 mg/kg for 4 days each) plus ..
- Balloon dilation of the frontal recess: a randomized clinical trialGuillermo Plaza
Department of Otolaryngology, Hospital Universitario de Fuenlabrada, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 120:511-8. 2011..We sought to evaluate the effectiveness and safety of balloon dilation of the frontal recess in the management of chronic rhinosinusitis of the frontal sinus...
- Fluoroscopically guided balloon dilation of anastomotic strictures after total gastrectomy: long-term resultsYoung Kwon Cho
Department of Radiology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, 388 1, Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, South Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:647-51. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the radiologic and clinical effectiveness and long-term results of fluoroscopically guided balloon dilation of anastomotic strictures after total gastrectomy...
- Metallic stent placement for treating peripheral outflow lesions in native arteriovenous fistula hemodialysis patients after insufficient balloon dilatationHuay Ben Pan
Department of Radiology, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, 386 Ta Chung 1 Rd, Kaohsiung, Taiwan 813, ROC
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:403-9. 2005The purpose of this study was to report our experience with metallic stent placement in the peripheral outflow veins in native arteriovenous fistula (A-V fistula) hemodialysis patients after insufficient balloon dilatation.
- Safety and outcomes of balloon catheter sinusotomy: a multicenter 24-week analysis in 115 patientsWilliam E Bolger
Maryland Sinus Center, Bethesda, MD 20817, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:10-20. 2007..The aim of this study was to further evaluate the safety and effectiveness of balloon catheter devices to dilate obstructed sinus ostia/perform sinusotomy...
- Fetal aortic valve stenosis and the evolution of hypoplastic left heart syndrome: patient selection for fetal interventionKaarin Mäkikallio
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 113:1401-5. 2006..The aim of this study was to define echocardiographic features associated with progression of midgestation fetal AS to HLHS...
- Endoscopic sphincterotomy vs. endoscopic papillary balloon dilation for choledocholithiasis in patients with liver cirrhosis and coagulopathyDo Hyun Park
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, 388 1 Pungnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Seoul, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 60:180-5. 2004....
- Complications at gastrojejunostomy after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: comparison between 21- and 25-mm circular staplersW Jay Suggs
Department of Surgery, University Medical Center at Princeton, Princeton, New Jersey 08852, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 3:508-14. 2007..The purpose of this study was to compare the complication rate of GJ performed with the 21- and 25-mm circular staplers...
- Pulmonary vein isolation by high-intensity focused ultrasound: first-in-man study with a steerable balloon catheterBoris Schmidt
Asklepios Klinik St Georg, Department of Cardiology, Lohmuhlenstrasse 5, 20099 Hamburg, Germany
Heart Rhythm 4:575-84. 2007..High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) applied via a steerable balloon catheter (ProRhythm, Ronkonkoma, NY) is a novel technology for pulmonary vein (PV) isolation...
- Evaluation and management of benign esophageal stricturesD D Ferguson
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Dis Esophagus 18:359-64. 2005..There are a variety of interventions for refractory strictures which include injection of intralesional corticosteroids, temporary placement of self-expanding plastic stents and surgery...
- Successful treatment of severe refractory anastomotic stricture in an infant after esophageal atresia repair by endoscopic balloon dilation combined with systemic administration of dexamethasoneTomoro Hishiki
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Chiba University Hospital, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba, 260 8677, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 25:531-3. 2009..Balloon dilation in combination with systemic dexamethasone administration may be an effective treatment that could substitute invasive techniques including surgical manipulation for severe refractory strictures...
- Surgical management of bile duct injuries sustained during laparoscopic cholecystectomy: perioperative results in 200 patientsJason K Sicklick
Department of Surgery, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann Surg 241:786-92; discussion 793-5. 2005..Three patients died without surgery due to uncontrolled sepsis. One hundred seventy-five patients underwent surgical repair, with a 1.7% postoperative mortality and a complication rate of 42.9%...
- Stricture dilation after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypassThomas R Rossi
Department of Surgery, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, 624 N E Glen Oak Ave, Peoria, IL 61603 3135, USA
Am J Surg 189:357-60. 2005..However, laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (LRYGB) may result in gastrojejunal (GJ) stricture, requiring treatment in up to 27% of patients...
- Gastrojejunal strictures following laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbid obesityD Goitein
Department of Surgery, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital, 4800 Friendship Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Surg Endosc 19:628-32. 2005..Diagnosis is made by endoscopy and/or radiographic studies. Therapeutic options include endoscopic dilation and surgical revision...
- Rectal wall sparing by dosimetric effect of rectal balloon used during intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) for prostate cancerBin S Teh
Department of Radiology Section of Radiation Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Med Dosim 30:25-30. 2005..The findings have clinical significance for future very high-dose escalation trials whereby radiation proctitis is a major limiting factor...
- Endoscopic sphincterotomy plus large-balloon dilation versus endoscopic sphincterotomy for removal of bile-duct stonesJeung Ho Heo
Department of Internal Medicine, Pusan National University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 66:720-6; quiz 768, 771. 2007..Endoscopic sphincterotomy (EST) to remove bile-duct stones is the most frequently used endoscopic technique. Few reports exist regarding application of large-balloon dilation (LBD) after EST for treatment of patients with bile-duct stones...
- Phase 2/3 of Covered Cheatham Platinum Stent for Aortic Wall InjuryRICHARD ELLIOT RINGEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Safety is evaluated by identifying adverse events and comparing their occurrence to that for surgical repair of uncomplicated CoA in similar age groups as reported in the medical literature. ..
- R-Ras signaling in vascular biologyLawrence E Goldfinger; Fiscal Year: 2013..restenosis, a vessel-occluding response to injury resulting from arterial bypass, stent insertion and balloon dilatation surgeries, which affects as many as 400,000 people in the U.S. per year...
- IN VIVO ENDOTHELIAL INJURY AND DEPENDENT VASOMOTIONJames Chesebro; Fiscal Year: 1990..of platelets/cubic cm.) and the percent of surface area stained by Evans blue) (a) induced by mild balloon dilatation, (b, c) following regrowth of endothelial-like cells 4 and 8 days after balloon injury, (d) induced by 4 mo ..
- MECHANICAL BASIS FOR OPTIMAL BALLOON ANGIOPLASTYLinda Demer; Fiscal Year: 1993..The effect of diffuse atherosclerosis on coronary flow dynamics, and the effect of active arterial tone on angioplasty outcome...
- TURP VS OPEN PROSTATECTOMY OR NONOPERATIVE TREATMENTSABRAHAM COCKETT; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- HUMAN ENDOTHELIAL CELL INTERACTION WITH INJURED VESSELSBruce Jarrell; Fiscal Year: 1990..The process by which previously isolated EC approach and attach to the surface. 2. The temporal dynamics of cell spreading and monolayer formation. 3. The morphology of the subsequent monolayer...
- Epidemiology and Mechanisms of Fecal IncontinenceAdil Bharucha; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ANORECTAL MANIFESTATIONS OF FEMALE PELVIC FLOOR DISORDERAdil Bharucha; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Substrate Mapping & Ablation of Ventricular TachycardiaVivek Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- SARCOPENIA--UNDERLYING MECHANISMSBarry Dworkin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Approaches to Ileal Pouch DysfunctionBo Shen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The AIMS of study are to 1) investigate visceral hypersensitivity using barostat examination of the pouch; 2) conduct a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial evaluating the use of amitriptyline in IPS. ..
- End of Life Nursing Education through Graduate ProgramsBetty Ferrell; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal includes extensive evaluation planned to monitor individual and institutional dissemination. ..
- Pilot study on the safety and efficacy of ciprofloxacin for prophylactic preventiHans Herfarth; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Visualizing the Substrate for Sudden Cardiac DeathVivek Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Neural Mechanisms Underlying Stress ReactivityMATTHEW LIEBERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Supportive evidence will flesh out the neural mechanisms through which individual differences affect biological responses to stress and elucidate the risk factors for stress- related mental and physical health problems. ..
- CRF2 Receptor Modulation of Colonic Response to StressMILLION MULUGETA; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Computer-Aided Detection of Pulmonary Embolism on CT Pulmonary AngiographyChuan Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2007..CAD will potentially reduce missed PEs and improve the chance of timely treatment of patients, thus reducing the mortality rate and speed up recovery from this condition. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oncology Nursing Education in End of Life CareBetty Ferrell; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal includes extensive evaluation planned to monitor individual and institutional dissemination. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CANCER EDUCATION PROGRAMJulia White; Fiscal Year: 2007..Longitudinal tracking of student participants at a later point in their medical training is done to assess the long-term impact of the research experience on career paths. ..
- Myocardial Ischemia and Vasospasm in Aneurysmal SAHMichael Horowitz; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Low-Cost Digital Imaging System for Evaluating ThrombosisBrian Cooley; Fiscal Year: 2008..This imaging methodology may have a capacity for future adaptation to clinical thrombosis imaging. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Function of the Urethra in Continent WomenKimberly Kenton; Fiscal Year: 2008..Normative ranges will be calculated for EMG, current perception thresholds, and urethral pressures for Caucasian and African American women. These data can then be used by other centers as reference data. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Selective subplate vulnerability and cortical plasticityPatrick McQuillen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, we hypothesize that treatments that protect sub-plate neurons in vitro will also prevent sub-plate neuron cell death following early hypoxia ischemia. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Reducing Barriers to Pain and Fatigue ManagementBetty Ferrell; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- CATECHOLS AND ADENOSINE IN MYOCARDIAL PRECONDITIONINGMichael Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, I will see if NECA's salvage of myocardium at reperfusion translates into rapid functional benefits. It is hoped that the potential of this new pharmacologic approach can be defined. ..
- Ischemic Stroke Treatment with Microbubbles, a Novel Clot Lysis TherapeuticWilliam C Culp; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our proposed pilot study will determine which of these treatments is most successful, and future studies will further explore that treatment. (End of Abstract) ..
- PATIENT AND PUBLIC EDUCATION IN CANCER PAIN MANAGEMENTBetty Ferrell; Fiscal Year: 2002..This course will impact 120 healthcare settings to improve pain management and quality of life in cancer patients and to establish model pain education programs for national dissemination. ..
- SUBPLATE NEURONS AND EARLY HYPOXIC ISCHEMIC BRAIN INJURYPatrick McQuillen; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Development of a Registry for Familial Pancreatic CancerJames DiSario; Fiscal Year: 2003..The goal corresponds with the National Cancer Institute Initiative to "identify, characterize, and understand the genes that cause or play a role in familial cancer." ..
- HYPERPOLARIZED HELIUM-3 MRI OF THE LUNG IN ASTHMATICSEduard de Lange; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of the studies proposed in this research will serve as a foundation for developing future clinical and basic research applications. ..
- NERVE AND REPOLARIZATION IMAGING IN SUDDEN CARDIAC DEATHMichael Dae; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies may provide a more comprehensive understanding of the interaction of the sympathetic nervous system and arrhythmogenesis. ..
- Gene Gun Technology, Opioids, and Corneal DiseasesIAN ZAGON; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ultimately, such data can be employed to design molecular strategies to remedy visual dysfunction. ..
- ACC in Neuroticism and Social CognitionMATTHEW LIEBERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of Age on Vein Graft Neointimal FormationBrian Cooley; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, the establishment of an age-associated model of vein grafting will permit age-specific evaluation of new therapeutic avenues for inhibiting neointimal formation. ..
- White Matter Injury in Critical Ill Newborns With Congenital Heart DiseasePatrick Sean McQuillen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Page McQuillen, Patrick S. ..
- ESOPHAGEAL VARICES BY B-ADRENERGIC BLOCKERSRoberto Groszmann; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Comparison of Two Therapies for UES DysphagiaReza Shaker; Fiscal Year: 2004..anteroposterior and lateral diameter of maximum deglutitive UES opening, and b. maximum deglutitive laryngeal anterior and superior excursions. ..
- Chemoprevention of Duodenal Polyps in FAPJames DiSario; Fiscal Year: 2003..A 5-year study is proposed. The randomized treatment period is 1 year. There will be a 6 month termination phase to include data analysis, manuscript preparation and closure of all study procedures. ..
- Affect Labeling Expressive Writing and Emotion RegulationMatthew Dylan Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CHOLESTEROL & PLAQUE RUPTURE--WOMEN AND PLAQUE EROSIONRenu Virmani; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, analysis of plaque morphology in the animal model proposed in Project 4 will be carried out in project 1. ..
- CONTROL OF VASCULAR TONE BY CONTINGENT CNS STIMULATIONBarry Dworkin; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Randomized trial of doxorubicin beads for arterial embolization of hepatocellularKaren Brown; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study is designed to determine the incremental value of arterial chemotherapy, as well as to validate an automated imaging method of assessing response to treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Plaque Progression, Apoptosis and InflammationRenu Virmani; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- HUMAN FOOD INTAKE CONTROL--GASTRIC & INTESTINAL FACTORSHarry Kissileff; Fiscal Year: 2002..e. satiety), a newly developed questionnaire, which can discriminate these two modes of intake inhibition, will be employed. ..
- NEUROENDOCRINE ALTERATIONS IN FIBROMYALGIA AND IBSLin Chang; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Genotype /phenotype correlations in infertilityLAWRENCE LAYMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..The elucidation and analysis of gene mutations in infertile patients will be important to determine the genetic basis of some forms of infertility and to determine the underlying mechanisms of puberty and reproduction...
- Resistant E.coli in Humans and PoultryJames Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Does the research address a current and compelling problem of antimicrobial resistance that is of high public health importance and for which research is needed? [yes]. ..
- Neuroprotection with serpins during cardiac surgeryRichard A Jonas; Fiscal Year: 2010..The final phase will study mechanisms of vascular protection afforded by aprotinin. The proposed study has the potential to reduce the risk of brain injury in children and adults undergoing heart surgery. ..
- BLOCKING INTIMAL HYPERPLASIA FOLLOWING VASCULAR TRAUMAEdith Tzeng; Fiscal Year: 2004..At the completion of our studies, we will have the necessary information to develop NOS gene therapy as a safe and effective treatment for vascular IH. ..