Genomes and Genes
Summary: Use or insertion of a tubular device into a duct, blood vessel, hollow organ, or body cavity for injecting or withdrawing fluids for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. It differs from INTUBATION in that the tube here is used to restore or maintain patency in obstructions.
Publications347 found, 100 shown here
- Intercostal bleeding that developed during thoracic epidural catheterizationSumio Amagasa
J Anesth 22:197-8. 2008
- Lumbar catheterization of the spinal subarachnoid space in the ratR V Størkson
Department of Physiology, University of Bergen, Norway
J Neurosci Methods 65:167-72. 1996The method commonly used for catheterization of the lumbar subarachnoid space in the rat implies inserting the catheter through the atlanto-occipital (A-O) membrane and moving the catheter caudally along the spinal cord...
- Guidewire versus conventional contrast cannulation of the common bile duct for the prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis: a systematic review and meta-analysisJustin Cheung
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Gastrointest Endosc 70:1211-9. 2009..The use of a guidewire (GW) for cannulation of the bile duct during ERCP may prevent post-ERCP pancreatitis (PEP)...
- Effectiveness of IV cannulation skills laboratory training and its transfer into clinical practice: a randomized, controlled trialFrederike Lund
Department of General Internal Medicine and Psychosomatics, University of Heidelberg Medical Centre, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e32831. 2012....
- Candida albicans Als3p is required for wild-type biofilm formation on silicone elastomer surfacesXiaomin Zhao
Department of Pathobiology, 2522 VMBSB, 2001 S Lincoln Avenue, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Microbiology 152:2287-99. 2006..albicans cells in the biofilm had yeast-like morphology. This result uncouples the effect of cellular morphology from biofilm formation and underscores the importance of Als3p in biofilm development on silicone elastomer surfaces...
- Endoscopic management of bile duct stonesK F Binmoeller
Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of California, San Diego 92103 8413, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 32:106-18. 2001..Primary laparoscopic evaluation and management is reasonable in patients who have a low-to-moderate probability of having CBD stones...
- Post-operative corticosterone levels in plasma and feces of mice subjected to permanent catheterization and automated blood samplingRenée Sundbom
Department of Neuroscience, Division of Comparative Medicine, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
In Vivo 25:335-42. 2011..Neither fecal corticosterone excretion nor body weight change seems suitable for postoperative stress assessment in mice in the present experimental setup...
- Justification for inter-fraction correction of catheter movement in fractionated high dose-rate brachytherapy treatment of prostate cancerTania Simnor
Mount Vernon Centre for Cancer Treatment, Middlesex, UK
Radiother Oncol 93:253-8. 2009..This can be corrected for by changing source dwell positions or by physical re-advancement of catheters before treatment...
- Intra-arterial chemotherapy as a treatment for intraocular retinoblastoma: alternatives to direct ophthalmic artery catheterizationM A Klufas
Department of Ophthalmology, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 33:1608-14. 2012..However, direct catheterization of the OA is not always possible...
- Small sphincterotomy combined with papillary dilation with large balloon permits retrieval of large stones without mechanical lithotripsyAtsushi Minami
Kawasaki Kyodo Hospital 2 1 5 Sakuramoto Kawasaki City 210 0833, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 13:2179-82. 2007..To introduce a new method: small endoscopic sphincterotomy (ES) combined with endoscopic papillary large balloon dilation (SES + EPLBD) to treat patients with large biliary stones...
- Candida albicans biofilm formation in a new in vivo rat modelMarketa Ricicova
Department of Molecular Microbiology, VIB, K U Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 31, B 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Microbiology 156:909-19. 2010..This model can be used to characterize the ability of antimicrobial agents to eliminate biofilms, and to evaluate the prophylactic effect of antifungal drugs and biomaterial coatings...
- Predictors of postoperative stricture after esophageal endoscopic submucosal dissection for superficial squamous cell neoplasmsS Ono
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
Endoscopy 41:661-5. 2009..Although endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) is becoming accepted as an established treatment for superficial esophageal squamous cell neoplasms, the risks for developing postoperative stricture have not been elucidated...
- A prospective randomized trial of the LoFric hydrophilic coated catheter versus conventional plastic catheter for clean intermittent catheterizationJonathan M Vapnek
Department of Urology, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Urol 169:994-8. 2003..the incidence of hematuria, pyuria and clinical urinary tract infection in patients who performed intermittent self-catheterization using a hydrophilic coated LoFric (Astra Tech AB, Mölndal, Sweden) or standard plastic catheter.
- Balloon-occluded retrograde transvenous obliteration of gastric fundal varices with hemorrhageMikiya Kitamoto
First Department of Internal Medicine, Hiroshima University School of Medicine, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 178:1167-74. 2002..This study was performed to evaluate the clinical efficacy, feasibility, and complications of balloon-occluded retrograde transvenous obliteration for patients with hemorrhage from gastric fundal varices...
- Endoscopic large-balloon sphincteroplasty without preceding sphincterotomy for the removal of large bile duct stones: a preliminary studySeok Jeong
Department of Internal Medicine, Inha University College of Medicine, Incheon, South Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 70:915-22. 2009..However, there are no available data on the preceding EST to confirm these assertions...
- Phase I clinical trial on intracoronary administration of Ad-hHGF treating severe coronary artery diseaseZhi Jian Yang
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Guangzhou Road 300, Nanjing, 210029, Jiangsu Province, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 36:1323-9. 2009..This report summarizes a phase I clinical trial on the safety of adenovirus-mediated human HGF (Ad-HGF) gene transfer to treat clinically significant coronary artery disease...
- Chronic catheterization of the epidural space in rabbits: a model for behavioural and histopathological studies. Examination of meptazinol neurotoxicityJ B Madsen
Danish Laboratory for Pain Research, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 37:307-13. 1993A technique of epidural catheterization in rabbits is described. Twelve albino rabbits received a totally implanted epidural catheter system...
- Cystoscopic temporary ureteral catheterization during radical vaginal and abdominal trachelectomyNadeem R Abu-Rustum
Gynecology Service, Department of Surgery Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Gynecol Oncol 103:729-31. 2006To describe the role of temporary retrograde ureteral catheterization at the time of fertility-sparing radical vaginal or abdominal trachelectomy in women with early-stage cervical cancer.
- Percutaneous treatment of benign bile duct stricturesMartin Kocher
Department of Radiology, University Hospital, I P Pavlova 6, 775 20 Olomouc, Czech Republic
Eur J Radiol 62:170-4. 2007..To evaluate long-term results of treatment of benign bile duct strictures...
- Percutaneous management of bile duct strictures and injuries associated with laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a decade of experienceSanjay Misra
Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Am Coll Surg 198:218-26. 2004..Definitive percutaneous management with balloon dilatation might be possible in select patients with intact biliary-enteric continuity, but longterm data are limited...
- Management of chylothorax by percutaneous catheterization and embolization of the thoracic duct: prospective trialC Cope
Department of Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 10:1248-54. 1999To prospectively assess the efficacy of percutaneous transabdominal thoracic duct catheterization and embolization in the management of patients with high-output chylothoracic effusions.
- Mobilized endothelial progenitor cells by granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor accelerate reendothelialization and reduce vascular inflammation after intravascular radiationHyun Jai Cho
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon dong Chongno gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Circulation 108:2918-25. 2003..Endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) play a pivotal role in repair and regeneration of damaged vessels. We investigated the role of mobilized EPCs in the healing process after intravascular radiation therapy...
- Pneumatic dilation for achalasia: late results of a prospective follow up investigationV F Eckardt
Deutsche Klinik fur Diagnostik, Wiesbaden, Germany
Gut 53:629-33. 2004....
- Endoscopic balloon dilation of the biliary sphincter compared to endoscopic biliary sphincterotomy for removal of common bile duct stones during ERCP: a metaanalysis of randomized, controlled trialsTodd H Baron
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Medical Center, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 99:1455-60. 2004..To compare the effect of endoscopic balloon dilation (EPBD) of the papilla with that of endoscopic biliary sphincterotomy (EST) in the treatment of patients with common bile duct stones...
- Balloon sphincteroplasty for removing difficult bile duct stonesA Maydeo
Institute of Advanced Endoscopy, Mumbai, India
Endoscopy 39:958-61. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of papillary balloon dilation after sphincterotomy for extraction of these difficult-to-remove bile duct stones...
- A pneumatic dilation strategy in achalasia: prospective outcome and effects on oesophageal motor function in the long termI Bravi
Cattedra di Gastroenterologia, Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche and Istituto di Biometria e Statistica Medica, Università degli Studi and Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli, Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 31:658-65. 2010..Long-term follow-up studies of achalasia after pneumatic dilation, mostly retrospective, have shown variable results...
- Ascending aortic cannulation for Stanford type A acute aortic dissection: another optionKenji Minatoya
Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 125:952-3. 2003
- Long-term outcome of pneumatic dilation in the treatment of achalasiaMichael Hulselmans
Center for Gastroenterological Research, K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 8:30-5. 2010..Achalasia is treated with pneumatic dilation or Heller myotomy, but studies suggest poor long-term outcomes. We analyzed long-term outcomes after initial pneumatic dilation and studied factors associated with failure...
- Distal intracranial catheterization of patients with tortuous vascular anatomy using a new hybrid guide catheterScott D Simon
Department of Neurosurgery, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 2380, USA
Surg Neurol 72:737-40; discussion 740. 2009..A hybrid guide catheter mates the traditional strong guide catheter with a thin, soft distal tip, allowing placement further into the distal cervical or proximal cranial circulation...
- A single center 26-year experience with treatment of esophageal achalasia: is there an optimal method?Aimee C Pastor
Division of General Surgery, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr Surg 44:1349-54. 2009..Treatment modalities for achalasia are evolving and remain controversial. Herein, we report the relative efficacy and outcomes after dilatation or myotomy in children with achalasia...
- A surgical technique for catheterization of the sagittal sinus in pigsMichael Schütze
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Lab Anim 41:492-5. 2007..To the authors' knowledge, this is the first detailed description of an accurate surgical technique for catheterization of the sagittal sinus in pigs.
- The role of barium esophagogram measurements in assessing achalasia patients after endoscope-guided pneumatic dilationS K Chuah
Division of Hepatogastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taiwan
Dis Esophagus 22:163-8. 2009..An additional objective parameter like esophagogram to the subjective symptom scores may be more optimal in assessing clinical remissions...
- Labor induction in women with an unfavorable Bishop score: randomized controlled trial of intrauterine Foley catheter with concurrent oxytocin infusion versus Foley catheter with extra-amniotic saline infusion with concurrent oxytocin infusionDebra A Guinn
Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80204, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:225-9. 2004..This study was undertaken to determine whether the addition of extra-amniotic saline infusion improves the efficacy of the Foley catheter in women undergoing cervical ripening and induction of labor with an unfavorable cervical examination...
- [Clinical outcome after pressure reduction by peritoneal catheterization in 29 patients with malignant ascites-induced abdominal compartment syndrome]Hong Ye Wang
Department of Oncology, The Datong Seventh People s Hospital, Shanxi Datong 037005, China
Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi 13:273-5. 2010To investigate the efficacy of pressure reduction by peritoneal catheterization in patients with malignant ascites-induced abdominal compartment syndrome (ACS).
- Catheterization of intestinal loops in ruminants does not adversely affect loop functionG Douglas Inglis
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Lethbridge, Canada
Comp Med 60:469-78. 2010..We concluded that catheterization of intestinal loops did not adversely affect health or loop function in sheep...
- Plasma concentrations of corticosterone and buprenorphine in rats subjected to jugular vein catheterizationRenée Goldkuhl
Division of Comparative Medicine, Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Lab Anim 44:337-43. 2010....
- Carotid-jugular arteriovenous fistula and cerebrovascular infarct: a case report of an iatrogenic complication following internal jugular vein catheterizationSami Bahcebasi
Department of Internal Medicine Department of Nephrology, Erciyes University Medical School, Kayseri, Turkey
Hemodial Int 15:284-7. 2011Central venous catheterization is frequently performed for perioperative management and long-term intravenous access...
- Outcomes of treatment of childhood achalasiaConstance W Lee
Division of Pediatric Surgery, University of Florida College of Medicine, PO Box 100119, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Pediatr Surg 45:1173-7. 2010..The optimal management of achalasia in children and adolescents remains unclear. The aim of this study was to review a single institution's experience with endoscopic and surgical interventions in children with achalasia...
- Prospective analysis of fluoroscopy duration during ERCP: critical determinantsEdward Kim
St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Gastrointest Endosc 72:50-7. 2010..Fluoroscopy during ERCP has a linear relationship with radiation, carrying risk of exposure...
- Is transcervical Foley catheter actually slower than prostaglandins in ripening the cervix? A randomized studyAntonella Cromi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 204:338.e1-7. 2011....
- Naked DNA delivery to whole pig cardiac tissue by coronary sinus retrograde injection employing non-invasive catheterizationSalvador F Aliño
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Valencia, Spain
J Gene Med 12:920-6. 2010..The present study evaluates the capacity of non-invasive interventional catheterization as a procedure for naked DNA delivery to the heart in large animals.
- Review article: an analysis of the efficacy, perforation rates and methods used in pneumatic dilation for achalasiaD A Katzka
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 34:832-9. 2011..Pneumatic dilation has re-emerged as a first line treatment for achalasia, but conclusions are limited by the relatively small numbers of patients studied and the lack of long term follow-up...
- Comparison of two mechanical devices for cervical ripening: a prospective quasi-randomized trialElad Mei-dan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hillel Yaffe Medical Center, Hadera, Israel
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 25:723-7. 2012..To compare the efficacy of two mechanical devices for cervical ripening: Foley catheter with extra-amniotic saline infusion and the Cook cervical ripening balloon...
- Computational fluid dynamics analysis of thrombosis potential in left ventricular assist device drainage cannulaeKatharine H Fraser
Department of Surgery, Artificial Organs Laboratory, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
ASAIO J 56:157-63. 2010..75 L/min produces hemodynamic conditions, which may increase the risk of blood clotting within the cannula. No reasons are indicated for not using the 12 or 16 F cannulae with flow rates between 0.25 and 3.0 L/min...
- Flow analysis of ventricular assist device inflow and outflow cannula positioning using a naturally shaped ventricle and aortic branchMarco Laumen
Department of Cardiovascular Engineering, Institute of Applied Medical Engineering, Helmholtz Institute, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Artif Organs 34:798-806. 2010..The positioning of the outflow cannula directly influences the flow through the greater vessels, and may be responsible for the occasional reduction in cerebral perfusion seen in clinical CPB...
- Modification of rat model of sciatica induced by lumber disc herniation and the anti-inflammatory effect of osthole given by epidural catheterizationMing Wei
Department of Anesthesiology, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Pharmacology 90:251-63. 2012..develop and characterize a rat model of sciatica induced by LDH, while introducing a novel method of epidural catheterization; (2) use this model to evaluate the effect of osthole on pain due to LDH, and (3) gain insight into the ..
- Negative mood affects brain processing of visceral sensationSteven J Coen
Wingate Institute of Neurogastroenterology, Queen Mary University of London, London, England
Gastroenterology 137:253-61, 261.e1-2. 2009..We used functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and negative emotional stimuli to investigate the effects of negative emotion on brain processing of esophageal sensation...
- Factors that influence outcome of percutaneous balloon compression in the treatment of trigeminal neuralgiaKonstantinos Kouzounias
Department of Neurosurgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Neurosurgery 67:925-34; discussion 934. 2010....
- Reevaluation of direct true lumen cannulation in surgery for acute type A aortic dissectionLars O Conzelmann
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 87:1182-6. 2009..The optimal mode of arterial cannulation in acute type A aortic dissection is controversial. We retrospectively investigated our experience with direct true lumen cannulation as an alternative to standard cannulation procedures...
- Endoscopic balloon sphincteroplasty for extraction of large radiolucent pancreatic duct stones (with videos)Amit Maydeo
Institute of Advanced Endoscopy, 5th Floor, Om Chambers, 123 August Kranti Marg, Mumbai 400036, India
Gastrointest Endosc 70:798-802. 2009..Although radiopaque pancreatic duct stones can be targeted by extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) and extracted by ERCP, large and radiolucent stones remain a therapeutic challenge...
- Selective venous catheterization for the localization of phosphaturic mesenchymal tumorsPanagiota Andreopoulou
Skeletal Clinical Studies Unit, Craniofacial and Skeletal Diseases Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4320, USA
J Bone Miner Res 26:1295-302. 2011..29-0.96). Selective venous sampling for FGF-23 was particularly useful in subjects with multiple suspicious sites or an anatomically challenging planned resection but not in the absence of a suspicious lesion on imaging studies...
- [New method for the treatment of atrial fibrillation: circumferential cryoballoon ablation of the pulmonary vein]Csaba Foldesi
Gottsegen György Országos Kardiológiai Intézet Budapest Haller u 29 1096
Orv Hetil 149:1779-84. 2008..On this occasion we review the potential advantages of this technique which may serve as basis for its widespread use in the future...
- Carotid-jugular arteriovenous fistula: a case report of an iatrogenic complication following internal jugular vein catheterization for hemodialysis accessHimanshu V Patel
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, Smt Gulabben Rasiklal Doshi and Smt Kamlaben Mafatlal Mehta Institute of Kidney Diseases and Research Centre, Dr H L Trivedi Institute Of Transplantation Sciences, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Hemodial Int 15:404-6. 2011....
- A prospective study of 39 patients with trigeminal neuralgia treated with percutaneous balloon compressionWuilker Knoner Campos
Institute of Neurosurgery, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 69:221-6. 2011..It may be treated with percutaneous balloon compression (PBC), which is considered to be a safe and efficient procedure. The purpose of this study was to review our results with PBC and to assess the factors influencing the outcome...
- Assessment of right atrial pressure using echocardiography and correlation with catheterizationOzlem Yildirimturk
Florence Nightingale Hospital, Division of Cardiology, Abide i Hurriyet cad No 290, 34381, Caglayan, Istanbul, Turkey
J Clin Ultrasound 39:337-43. 2011....
- Various surgical modalities for trigeminal neuralgia: literature study of respective long-term outcomesM Tatli
Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital Neurologique Pierre Wertheimer Hospital, University of Lyon, Lyon, France
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 150:243-55. 2008....
- Comparison of cryoballoon and radiofrequency ablation of pulmonary veins in 40 patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: a case-control studyMarkus Linhart
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 20:1343-8. 2009..Radiofrequency (RF) is currently the most widespread energy source for PV ablation. Cryothermal energy applied with a cryoballoon technique as an alternative has recently evolved...
- A method for serial selective arterial catheterization and digital subtraction angiography in rodentsA Buhalog
Department of Radiology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 31:1508-11. 2010..It was our intent to develop and test a method for performing sequential arterial catheterizations and DSA in rats...
- The predictive power of balloon shape and change of sensory functions on outcome of percutaneous balloon compression for trigeminal neuralgiaPär Asplund
Department of Neurosurgery, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
J Neurosurg 113:498-507. 2010..Furthermore, they analyzed the sensory side effects associated with this treatment, and how these relate to surgical parameters...
- Comparison of percutaneous balloon compression and glycerol rhizotomy for the treatment of trigeminal neuralgiaKonstantinos Kouzounias
Department of Neurosurgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurosurg 113:486-92. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare percutaneous balloon compression (PBC) and percutaneous retrogasserian glycerol rhizotomy (PRGR) in terms of effectiveness, complications, and technical aspects...
- Correlation of clinical findings and results of percutaneous balloon compression for patients with trigeminal neuralgiaMonika Stomal-Słowińska
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical University of Silesia, Sosnowiec, Poland
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 113:14-21. 2011..To investigate pain relief and recurrence after percutaneous balloon compression (PBC) and its association with type of pain, prior surgery, or other clinical factors...
- Efficacy of endoscopic and percutaneous treatments for biliary complications after cadaveric and living donor liver transplantationJu Sang Park
Department of Internal Medicine, General Surgery, and Interventional Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 57:78-85. 2003..However, the efficacy of these treatments has not yet been clarified, especially for complications occurring after living donor liver transplantation...
- Intraneural catheterization of the sciatic nerve in humans: a pilot studyJaime Rodriguez
Department of Anesthesiology, Complexo Hospitalario Universitario de Santiago, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Reg Anesth Pain Med 33:285-90. 2008..The incidence of intraneural catheterization is unknown...
- Endovascular management of inadvertent subclavian artery catheterization during subclavian vein cannulationAndreas P Chemelli
Department of Radiology, Innsbruck Medical University, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Vasc Interv Radiol 21:470-6. 2010To retrospectively review a 9-year experience with endovascular management of inadvertent subclavian artery catheterization during subclavian vein cannulation.
- Cardiovascular response during trigeminal ganglion compression for trigeminal neuralgia according to the use of local anestheticsAdriana Tanaka Tibano
Neurology Department, Hospital das Clinicas, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 152:1347-51. 2010..The objective of this study was to investigate cardiovascular parameters (blood pressure and heart rate [HR]) of patients that underwent trigeminal balloon compression with local anesthetics compared to a control group (placebo)...
- Intrathecal catheterization after unintentional dural puncture during orthopedic surgeryAyda Turkoz
Department of Anesthesiology, Baskent University Adana Teaching and Medical Research Center, Adana, Turkey
J Anesth 24:43-8. 2010..We investigated whether inserting an intrathecal catheter and leaving it in place for 24 h after an unintentional dural puncture in orthopedic patients reduced the incidence of post-dural puncture headache (PDPH)...
- Transvenous embolization of dural carotid-cavernous fistulae with transfacial catheterization through the superior ophthalmic veinSimon C H Yu
Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Organ Imaging, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
Neurosurgery 60:1032-7; discussion 1037-8. 2007We report our experience gaining access to the cavernous sinus via transfacial catheterization of the superior ophthalmic vein through the angular or retromandibular vein...
- Unrecognized contralateral intrapleural catheter: bilateral blockade may obscure detection of failed epidural catheterizationMichael A Cordone
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Anesth Analg 104:735-7. 2007....
- [Aseptic precautions in epidural catheterization for surgery]Isao Haraga
Department of Anesthesiology, Fukuoka University Faculty of Medicine, Fukuoka 814 0180
Masui 59:585-8. 2010We describe aseptic precautions in epidural catheterization for surgery. Every patient has to be checked for immunodeficiency, atopic dermatitis, preoperative use of antibiotics, and local infection of the epidural puncture site...
- Origins of the segmental arteries in the aorta: an anatomic study for selective catheterization with spinal arteriographySatoru Shimizu
Department of Neurosurgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:922-8. 2005..We performed a cadaveric study to clarify the anatomic relationship between the origins of the segmental arteries in the aorta and the vertebral column...
- The secret (GTN) of successful ERCP cannulation: a prospective randomised controlled studyA Ghori
Department of Surgery and Gastroenterology, Walsgrave Hospital, Coventry
J R Coll Surg Edinb 47:634-7. 2002..This prospective randomised controlled study was conducted to assess the effect of glyceryl trinitrate (GTN) on ease of cannulation...
- Optical coherence tomography of the esophagus and proximal stomach in health and diseaseG Zuccaro
Department of Gastroenterology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 96:2633-9. 2001..This technique holds great potential as an adjunct to the surveillance of patients with Barrett's esophagus, ulcerative pancolitis, and other premalignant conditions...
- A new animal model of continuous catheterization for investigating mechanisms of arteritis associated with chemotherapyMasaki Sudoh
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Biopathological Surgery, Department of Medicine of Sensory and Motor Organs, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, 36 1 Nishicho, Yonago 683 8504, Japan
Life Sci 74:3025-32. 2004..new rat model with which to investigate the causal mechanism(s) of vascular damage associated with continuous catheterization chemotherapy...
- A modified metallic coil embolization technique for pulmonary arteriovenous malformations using coil anchors and occlusion balloon cathetersKensaku Mori
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tennodai 1 1 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:638-42. 2008..To evaluate the feasibility and efficacy of a modified metallic coil embolization technique for pulmonary arteriovenous malformations (PAVMs) using coil anchors and occlusion balloon catheters...
- Topical application of nitrates onto the papilla of Vater: manometric and clinical resultsT Wehrmann
Dept of Internal Medicine I, Academic Hospital Hannover Siloah, Germany
Endoscopy 33:323-8. 2001....
- Peripheral intravenous cannulation: safe insertion and removal techniqueP Ingram
Nurs Stand 22:44-8. 2007..The article is intended as a practical guide. It is important that staff receive adequate education and training to undertake this skill competently, and also that they maintain competence in practice...
- Patients' quality of life and clean intermittent self-catheterizationSue Woodward
Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, King s College London, London, UK
Br J Nurs 12:1066-74. 2003This article examines the available literature surrounding the procedure of clean intermittent self-catheterization (CISC) and its impact on patients' quality of life...
- Intralesional steroid injection in benign esophageal strictures resistant to bougie dilationEngin Altintas
Mersin University, School of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Mersin, Turkey
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:1388-91. 2004..Some benign esophageal strictures are highly resistant to bougie dilation. The aim of this study was to determine whether intralesional steroid injection had additional benefit to Savary-Gilliard's bougie dilation therapy (SGBD)...
- Validation of high-resolution echocardiography and magnetic resonance imaging vs. high-fidelity catheterization in experimental pulmonary hypertensionDalia Urboniene
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 299:L401-12. 2010..We compared these noninvasive methods of assessing the pulmonary circulation to the gold standard, cardiac catheterization (micromanometer-tipped catheters), in rats with monocrotaline-induced PAH and normal controls...
- The inaccessible or undrainable abscess: how to drain itMichael M Maher
Division of Abdominal Imaging and Intervention, Massachusetts General Hospital, White 270, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Radiographics 24:717-35. 2004..Use of these techniques and modifications can allow percutaneous drainage of less accessible intraabdominal abscesses, thus eliminating the need for laparotomy...
- Ascending aorta cannulation in type A dissectionAlex Zapolanski
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:305. 2004
- Balloon catheterization and occlusion of major cerebral vessels. 1974F A Serbinenko
J Neurosurg 107:684-705. 2007
- Direct innominate artery cannulation in acute type a dissection and severe thoracic aortic atheromaJohn G T Augoustides
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4283, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 21:727-9. 2007
- Cannulation of the innominate artery during surgery of the thoracic aorta: our experience in 55 patientsMarco Di Eusanio
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Santa Maria Hospital, Bari, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 32:270-3. 2007..In 2004, we started to select the innominate artery as an arterial cannulation site for CPB and antegrade cerebral perfusion institution. Here we present our preliminary experience with 55 patients...
- Risk factors for specific methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus clones in a Korean hospitalDong Taek Cho
Department of Microbiology, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu 700 422, Korea
J Antimicrob Chemother 57:1122-7. 2006..To analyse the risk factors for nosocomial methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections caused by different clonal types...
- The balloon dilatation and large profile catheter maintenance method for the management of the bile duct stricture following liver transplantationSung Wook Choo
Department of Radiology and Center for Imaging Saience, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 7:41-9. 2006..We wanted to evaluate the therapeutic efficacy of the percutaneous balloon dilatation and large profile catheter maintenance method for the management of patients with anastomotic biliary strictures following liver transplant...
- Biliary complications in living donor liver transplantation: imaging findings and the roles of interventional proceduresJung Min Chang
Department of Radiology and Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul, 110 744, Korea
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:756-67. 2005..To describe the incidence, types, and findings of biliary complications in living donor liver transplantation (LDLT) and to determine the roles of interventional procedures...
- Endoscopic treatment of an impacted pancreatic duct stone using a balloon catheter for electrohydraulic lithotripsy without pancreatoscopyGeorgios I Papachristou
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 40:753-6. 2006..Herein, we report the use of intraductal electrohydraulic lithotripsy to fragment a large obstructing PD stone guided only by fluoroscopy without the utilization of a pancreatoscope...
- Anesthetic effect of epidural anesthesia with cephalad or caudad catheterization for ankle surgery or hemorrhoidectomyW Y Chou
Department of Anesthesia, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:406-10. 2005..In this study, the anesthetic effect of epidural anesthesia with catheter placement of a cephalic or caudad direction was compared in ankle and hemorrhoid surgery...
- Endoscopic papillary balloon dilation with large balloon after limited sphincterotomy for retrieval of choledocholithiasisSeungmin Bang
Division of Gastroenterology, Institute of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 47:805-10. 2006..However, post-procedural hyperamylasemia was developed in 16 cases (68.2%). EBD with larger balloon seems to be a feasible and safe alternative technique for conventional EST in CBD stone extraction...
- Large-diameter biliary orifice balloon dilation to aid in endoscopic bile duct stone removal: a multicenter seriesSiriboon Attasaranya
Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 67:1046-52. 2008..The utility and safety of endoscopic biliary orifice balloon dilation (EBD) for bile duct stone removal (with use of large-diameter balloons) after biliary endoscopic sphincterotomy (BES) is currently not well established...
- Biliary sphincterotomy plus dilation with a large balloon for bile duct stones that are difficult to extractGalip Ersoz
Ege University School of Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, Izmir, Turkey
Gastrointest Endosc 57:156-9. 2003..In the vast majority of these cases, there are 2 main problems: large stone size (>15 mm) and tapering of distal bile duct...
- Male catheterizationL Hadfield-Law
ATNC Committee, Baileys Consulting, Charlbury, Oxfordshire, UK
Accid Emerg Nurs 9:257-63. 2001..Emergency nurses must know when and when not to resort to catheterization. Choosing the type and size of catheter requires careful judgment...
- Endoscopic balloon dilatation is a safe method in the management of common bile duct stonesC K Lin
Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, 386 Ta Chung 1st Road, Kaohsiung 813, Taiwan
Dig Liver Dis 36:68-72. 2004..The aim of this study is to compare the safety and efficacy of endoscopic balloon dilatation and endoscopic sphincterotomy in Chinese patients...
- Percutaneous treatment of biliary stones: sphincteroplasty and occlusion balloon for the clearance of bile duct calculiLorenzo García-García
Unidad de Radiología Intervencionista, Hospital Virgen de la Salud, Complejo Hospitalario de Toledo, Avenida Barber s n, Toledo 45004, Spain
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:663-70. 2004..After the expulsion of the calculi into the duodenum, drainage of the main bile duct to the exterior was maintained for 2-8 days...
- EUS-guided portal vein catheterization and pressure measurement in an animal model: a pilot study of feasibilityLawrence Lai
Caritas Medical Center Hong Kong, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Vascular Radiology and GI Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 59:280-3. 2004The extrahepatic portal vein is inaccessible to direct catheterization.
- Treatment of achalasia: botulinum toxin injection vs. pneumatic balloon dilation. A prospective study with long-term follow-UpH D Allescher
Department of Internal Medicine II, Technical University of Munich, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Ismaninger Strasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Endoscopy 33:1007-17. 2001..The aim of the present study was to test the effectiveness, the long-term outcome and the cumulative costs of BTX injection in consecutive patients with symptomatic achalasia in comparison with pneumatic balloon dilation...
- The feasibility of retrograde catheterization of the right gastric artery via the left gastric arteryM Hashimoto
Department of Radiology, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita City, Akita 010 0041, Japan
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:1103-6. 2001Retrograde catheterization of the right gastric artery was attempted in 22 patients for the purpose of proximal right gastric artery embolization...
- Superior petrosal sinus catheterization for transvenous embolization of a dural carotid cavernous sinus fistulaCharbel Mounayer
Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, Foundation Rothschild, Paris, France
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 23:1153-5. 2002..treatment of a dural carotid cavernous fistula in a 67-year-old woman in whom superior petrosal sinus catheterization was performed to access the venous site of the fistula...
- Predictors of technical success and postnatal biventricular outcome after in utero aortic valvuloplasty for aortic stenosis with evolving hypoplastic left heart syndromeDoff B McElhinney
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 120:1482-90. 2009..Prenatal balloon aortic valvuloplasty may improve left heart growth and function, possibly preventing evolution to hypoplastic left heart syndrome...
- Double balloon enteroscopy: a useful tool for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the pancreaticobiliary systemChristian Maaser
Department of Medicine B, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Am J Gastroenterol 103:894-900. 2008..We describe our experience of ERCP performed with a double balloon enteroscope (DBE) as an alternative examination technique for these patients...
- Chymase-Mediated MMP Activation in Ishemia Reperfusion InjuryLOUIS JOSEPH DELL'ITALIA; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Exercise training and blood pressure in hypertension: integrated mechanismsNoreen F Rossi; Fiscal Year: 2012..Renal artery stenosis occurred in 28% of Veterans undergoing cardiac catheterization with a greater than 3-fold risk in those over age 65...
- Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase as a Target for Ischemic CardioprotectionDonna M Van Winkle; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus the currently proposed studies are significant in terms of clinical implications for limiting cardiac damage in the vulnerable veteran population and for fiscal health of the Department of Veterans Affairs. ..
- Molecular Basis of E. coli Adhesins in Bladder DisordersScott J Hultgren; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 2 investigates catheterization, which may alter the pathogenesis and may trigger the recurrence of infection in patients with a history of ..
- Remote-control mouse-implantable micropumps for establishment of regenerative capJUAN GABRIEL contact SANTIAGO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our mouse- implantable remote-control micropump technology overcomes this limitation;enabling more rapid, efficient, and economical discovery and delivery of regenerative therapies. ..
- Improved Adventitial Sirolimus Therapy for Peripheral Artery RestenosisKIRK SEWARD; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Chronic Electrical Stimulation to Reduce Bladder Hyperreflexia after SCIKenneth J Gustafson; Fiscal Year: 2012..to decrease the number and severity of incontinent episodes, as well as increased fluid intake and decreased catheterization frequency;fluid and catheterization frequency changes common temporizing measures utilized to decrease ..
- Advanced Nitric Oxide Release Bactericidal Urinary CathetersMark E Meyerhoff; Fiscal Year: 2013..5-0.7 million nosocomial hospital infections annually with a cumulative incidence of 3-6% per day of catheterization (50% at 10 days, >90% at 28 days, 100% long term) leading to complications such as cystitis, ..
- Novel Regenerative Therapy for Myocardial InfarctionAndrew R Mendelsohn; Fiscal Year: 2011..MI may also manifest as sudden cardiac death. Although rapid treatment and cardiac catheterization has led to improved outcomes, most patients suffer some ischemic damage to the heart that results in ..
- Vascular and Skeletal Muscle Function in Gulf War Veterans IllnessScott Kinlay; Fiscal Year: 2013..and controls will have femoral artery microvascular endothelial function assessed invasively in the cardiac catheterization laboratory using Doppler flow wire and intravascular ultrasound...
- Targeting thermoreceptors for therapeutic hypothermiaSean P Marrelli; Fiscal Year: 2012..physiologic variables (such as core temperature, blood pressure, and heart rate) will be collected by chronic catheterization or telemetry...
- Effects of spinal cord injury on vagal afferents from the rat bladder and colon.April N Herrity; Fiscal Year: 2013..Some of the problems with current treatment options include: repeated infections and scarring from frequent catheterization, sexual dysfunction side effects following surgical procedures, adverse reactions to pharmaceuticals, and ..
- Biofilm Infections in Postsurgical, Trauma, and Critically Ill PatientsCarol L Wells; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project has the potential to fundamentally change our understanding of the initiation, development, and treatment of biofilm infections. ..
- Markers of Renal Damage in Renovascular HypertensionJuan C Romero; Fiscal Year: 2011..clearances are not useful in these conditions because of mixture of urine in the bladder whereas independent catheterization of ureters (split renal function) lead to pyelonephritis...
- Analogs of GTP as novel inhibitors of bacterial c-di-GMP-synthesizing enzymesGeorge E Wright; Fiscal Year: 2010..Second, lead generation for drugs that can be developed to interfere with biofilms and virulence of important pathogenic bacteria will be developed. ..
- Pain and Hypoxia in Premature NeonatesDANILYN MAG AKAT ANGELES; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific Aim 4 will determine whether there is a positive correlation between biobehavioral markers of procedural pain and biochemical markers of hypoxia, oxidative stress, and cell injury. ..
- Leptin function &resistance in midbrain VTA &SN in reward eating &obesityYI NONE ZHANG; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long-range benefit from our study would be to reduce the ever-rising burden of long-term health care costs within the VA patient care system. ..
- Monitoring of Cardiovascular Function in Infants By Transcutaneous Dye DilutionIstvan Seri; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Right Heart-Pulmonary Vascular Interactions in Bronchopulmonary DysplasiaMarlowe Eldridge; Fiscal Year: 2013..To answer our questions, we propose to use a combination of state-of-the-art MR imaging, right heart catheterization, 3D echocardiography and exercise to reveal any abnormalities in the pulmonary vasculature, right heart, and ..
- The Role of Vascular Innervation on Tissue-type Plasminogen Activator ReleaseJAMES ANTHONY SHEERIN MULDOWNEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..and flow in response to bradykinin in transplant recipients and controls who are undergoing elective cardiac catheterization. Subjects will be asked return to the General Clinical Research Center to have t-PA release and flow measured ..
- Phospholemman and Cardiac ContracilityJoseph Y Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will use a combination of in vivo (echocardiography, catheterization, transduction of exogenous genes by rAAV9 injection) and in vitro (patch-clamp, single myocyte contractility ..
- Improving pain and function in hip fractureR Sean Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Exploiting deep ocean biology for biomedical discoveryDavid C Rowley; Fiscal Year: 2011..A specific project goal is the discovery of potent new antibiotics to combat drug resistant pathogens. ..
- Optimal Prevention and Control of Periodontal Disease: The Periodontal Pocket IrrThomas E Van Dyke; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Angiogenic tissue engineering to limit post-infarction ventricular remodelingY Joseph Woo; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Functional Assessment of the Locus for Atrial Fibrillation on Chromosome 4q25PATRICK THOMAS ELLINOR; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to screen this region of susceptibility in zebrafish, cell lines, and mice for functional elements that may lead to atrial fibrillation. ..
- Brain Vascular Studies in Cardiac and Orthopedic SurgeryWilliam Brown; Fiscal Year: 2009..The MRI analyses will include diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI), spin echo T1, and fast spin echo T2. ..
- Brain Vascular Studies in Cardiac and Orthopedic SurgeryDavid Stump; Fiscal Year: 2013..The MRI analyses will include diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI), spin echo T1, and fast spin echo T2. ..
- Randomized Trial of Antenatal Late Preterm Steroids (ALPS) - Clinical CoordinatinRonald Wapner; Fiscal Year: 2012..If shown to reduce the need for respiratory support and thus to decrease the rate of special care nursery admissions and improve short-term outcomes, the public health and economic impact will be considerable. ..
- Recombinant Polymers for Transarterial Chemoembolization of Liver CancerAZADEH POURSAID; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Targeted cell therapy for the treatment of ventricular tachycardiaKENNETH LAURITA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Consequently, SCD remains a major unresolved public health problem. This proposal puts forth a novel method using targeted cellular therapy to restore normal function and, thus, cure many patients at risk for SCD. 1 ..
- PLASMINOGEN AND PLASMIN: STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONFrancis J Castellino; Fiscal Year: 2013..3. To employ a continual venous catheterization infusion method to administer hPg and mutants of hPg into Pg-/- mice to examine the roles of individual ..
- Protein biomarkers of pulmonary hypertension in sickle cell diseaseMark E McComb; Fiscal Year: 2013..Current diagnosis is by right heart catheterization (RHC) as echocardiography is frequently inaccurate and may be falsely positive...
- The role of phosphorylation of Ulk1 by GSK-3b in myocardial autophagy and agingPeiyong Zhai; Fiscal Year: 2013..Postmortem measurements of organ weight, left ventricular catheterization, pressure-volume loop analysis, echocardiography, measurements of cardiac fibrosis, cardiac myocyte size, ..
- The ISCHEMIA-CKD Trial-CCC-Lead ApplicationSripal Bangalore; Fiscal Year: 2013..for patients with moderate-severe ischemia on stress imaging, a routine invasive strategy (INV) with cardiac catheterization (cath) followed by revascularization plus optimal medical therapy (OMT) is superior to a conservative ..
- Synchrotron imaging of crystalline biofilms in urinary cathetersAaron I Packman; Fiscal Year: 2010..in urinary tract infections, and is particularly problematic in patients subject to long-term urinary catheterization. P...
- Wireless Implantable Monitor for Improved NeuromodulationMargot S Damaser; Fiscal Year: 2012..Veterans constitute one quarter of the 250,000 people with SCI in the U.S. and there are 10,000 new SCI patients each year. Therefore this proposal is of high relevance to the VA. ..
- Genetics and visualization of innate host response to C. albicans infection in viRobert T Wheeler; Fiscal Year: 2012..primary genetic defects such as chronic granulomatous disease, and medical procedures such as intravenous catheterization that provide direct access to the bloodstream...
- Novel Biomarkers Predictive of Heparin-Induced ThrombocytopeniaBarbara A Konkle; Fiscal Year: 2010..We are currently studying platelet biomarkers of risk in patients undergoing cardiac catheterization and are now poised to validate these biomarkers, and markers of incipient antibody development, in a patient ..
- BIOGENESIS AND INHIBITION OF BIOFILM-ASSOCIATED BACTERIAL AMYLOIDScott J Hultgren; Fiscal Year: 2013..This work will provide key insights into processes necessary for the formation of medically important biofilms and will serve as a model to better understand amyloid plaques important in neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Micro-patterned surfaces for reducing the risk of catheter-associated UTISHRAVANTHI REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Reliable Evaluation of Coronary Artery Disease using Myocardial BOLD MRI with CO2Rohan Dharmakumar; Fiscal Year: 2013..myocardial ischemia would be completely non-invasive;that is, in addition to avoiding the risks of cardiac catheterization, it would be free of ionizing radiation, exogenous contrast media, and pharmacological stress-agents with ..
- TISSUE SPECIFIC REGULATION OF GLUCOSE METABOLISM AND INSULIN ACTION IN IUGR FETUSStephanie R Thorn; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Chicago Prevention and Intervention Epicenter (Chicago PIE)ROBERT ALAN WEINSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The impact on ICU infection and prescribing characteristics of doctors will be assessed. To further assess the interventions, costs of averted outcomes and of the interventions will be compared. OPRIONAL OBEJCTIVE SCORE: 2 ..
- Continuous Oxygen Monitor for Patients on Long-Term Oxygen Therapy (COMPLY)B Eugene Parker; Fiscal Year: 2011..The proposed system will provide an elective, practical, and fordable method for reliably assessing LTOT adherence in clinical practice and research settings. ..
- Characterization of Toxicity with Spinal OpiatesTony L Yaksh; Fiscal Year: 2010..The present studies aim to define the mechanisms of granuloma formation and point to specific methods to prevent granuloma formation, which will increase the utility and reduce the risks of this important pain therapy. ..
- Thoroughfare Channels in CBF Autoregulation at High ICPEdwin M Nemoto; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Home ECG Monitoring to Detect Allograft Rejection Following Heart TransplantationBarbara J Drew; Fiscal Year: 2013..An endomyocardial biopsy is a costly and invasive procedure performed in a hospital cardiac 9 catheterization laboratory that has associated risks...
- Biomechanics of Blood Stream InfectionsJohn G Younger; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our research is being carried out to better understand how patients and bacteria interact and to look for new strategies for protecting and treating patients with serious bloodstream infections. ..
- A Novel Electrospun Vascular GraftDavid J Vachon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Dynamic studies of the electrospun graft (under flow) will be used to understand the materials behavior in blood. ..
- National Surveillance of Acute Kidney Injury Following Cardiac CatheterizationMichael E Matheny; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Cardiac catheterization represents a significant medical diagnostic or treatment exposure risk for the development of acute kidney injury (AKI)...
- Novel Anti-infective and Anti-thrombotic Micro-patterned Central Venous CatheterSHRAVANTHI REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Endovascular Magnetic Catheter for Interventional MRISTEVEN WILLIAM HETTS; Fiscal Year: 2013..It thus will stand to revolutionize the clinical treatment of diseases that would benefit from real time physiologic tissue monitoring during endovascular therapy. ..
- Comparative effectiveness of noninvasive cardiac imagingMarcelo F Di Carli; Fiscal Year: 2010..as one of the key factors affecting health care financing, with an annual growth rate far exceeding that of catheterization, revascularization, or acute myocardial infarction...
- The Impact of Public Reporting on Outcomes and Case Selection for PCIKAREN ELLEN JOYNT; Fiscal Year: 2013..We also propose to survey directors of catheterization laboratories to determine whether public reporting led them to adopt quality improvement activities...
- Protocolized Care for Early Septic Shock (ProCESS)Derek C Angus; Fiscal Year: 2012..generalizable and whether all elements of the protocol are necessary, especially the use of central venous catheterization and blood transfusion...
- ISCHEMIA-CKD SDCCSEAN M O'BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..for patients with moderate-severe ischemia on stress imaging, a routine invasive strategy (INV) with cardiac catheterization (cath) followed by revascularization plus optimal medical therapy (OMT) is superior to a conservative ..
- Disposable Valved Intraurethral Catheter FeasibilityHarvey D Homan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Surinate(tm) offers many of the benefits of intermittent catheterization, but should be much easier to use and cause significantly fewer urinary tract problems...
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Pulmonary Vein Insolation vs. Medical Management in PMICHAEL FARRIS WATERS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This application specifically addresses stroke patients with AF by comparing optimal medical therapy with a novel surgical ablative procedure that restores sinus rhythm and ligates the atrial appendage. ..
- A Modulator of Innate Immunity for Preventing Hospital-Acquired InfectionsJames D Thacker; Fiscal Year: 2010..g. indwelling catheterization, ventilation) and/or who are undergoing immunosuppressive therapies or are characterized by immuno-..
- Delayed Onset of Biofilm Formation and CAUTI with Superhydrophobic CathetersSanjiv Lalwani; Fiscal Year: 2011..Benefits derived should decrease healthcare costs, decrease infection and mortality rates and improve overall patient quality-of-life. ..
- Selenium Coated Dialysis Catheters for Reduced Biofilm FormationEric Tobin; Fiscal Year: 2009..The technology would have immediate application for Spire's existing chronic hemodialysis catheter line. ..
- PREVENTING CONTRAST-INDUCED NEPHROPATHYAli Hassan; Fiscal Year: 2009Life saving imaging-based percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) catheterization procedures such as stent implantation, angioplasty, and diagnostic angiography require frequent and large injections of radiopaque contrast agents in ..
- Rapid High-Resolution Electroanatomical Cardiac Mapping System for the TreatmentDORON HARLEV; Fiscal Year: 2009..Superior mapping speed and accuracy would enable more targeted delivery of therapeutic ablative energy, thus improving both the safety and effectiveness of interventional procedures. ..
- Micro-patterned surfaces for reducing the risk of catheter-associated UTISHRAVANTHI REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- NOVEL CATHETER FOR TREATMENT OF VENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIAMichael G Curley; Fiscal Year: 2010..At minimum the shocks these patients receive severely reduce their quality of life. At worst the patient remains susceptible to sudden cardiac death. An effective and inexpensive method of treating these patients VTs is urgently needed. ..
- PICC VERSUS SUBCLAVIAN LINES IN TPN DELIVERYJoel Weinstock; Fiscal Year: 1999..This study will serve as a basis for developing larger cooperative clinical trial groups to further investigate issues in nutritional delivery to hospitalized patients. ..
- Fractional flow reserve measurement based on coronary angiographic imagesSABEE Y MOLLOI; Fiscal Year: 2010..measure of stenosis severity such as measurement of fractional flow reserve obtainable during cardiac catheterization is desirable...
- Novel 3D Catheter Tracking System for Intracardiac NavigationDORON HARLEV; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Development of an Implantable "Plug and Play" TransApical to Aorta VADStephen Topaz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our simple, easily inserted pump will revolutionize the field of mechanical heart assist. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Coaxial Everting Membrane Catheter Bronchoalveolar LavagWilliam Krause; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed device will provide for the uncontaminated sampling of the lower lung aspirate for a more accurate diagnosis of the organism causing the pneumonia. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- QUANTITATIVE VENTRICULOGRAPHY USING DUAL-ENERGY DSAMICHAEL VAN LYSEL; Fiscal Year: 1992..For the first time, dual-energy subtraction is available in a clinical cardiac catheterization laboratory...
- Micromachined 7MHz Two Dimensional Forward Looking Ultrasound Medical PenetrativeELI WIENER AVNEAR; Fiscal Year: 2009..The miniature transducer will be integrated into a forward looking intracardiac imaging catheter to assist real-time guidance during interventional electrophysiology procedures. ..
- Chitosan Endoluminal Hemostatic DressingHua Xie; Fiscal Year: 2009..Post-operative hemorrhage after TURP is one of the major causes of prolonged catheterization and hospitalization, occurring in 6-10% of patients...
- FLEXIBLE MAGNETOHYDRAULIC ACOUSTIC CATHETERDAVID WUCHINICH; Fiscal Year: 1991..Mean particle size of dissected specimens will be microscopically gauged. Tip surface temperature when vibrating in free air and during dissection be obtained pyrometrically...
- Stent Lock Mechanism for Transcutaneous CathetersNICHOLAS VITALE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Success in Phase I will lead to animal studies in Phase II and modification of the concept for other transcutaneous access applications. ..
- A DRUG RELEASING URINARY CATHETERRobert Whalen; Fiscal Year: 2000..The new urinary catheter has the potential to reduce hospital costs associated with the management of catheter associated infections. ..
- Bronchio-adventitial Drug Delivery: Paclitaxel for Bronchial CarcinomaKIRK SEWARD; Fiscal Year: 2009..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The relevance of this proposal lies in its potential to reduce morbidity and mortality associated with occlusive diseases of the bronchi, due to a lack of effective therapies for this important clinical problem. ..
- PARADIGM SHIFTS IN CLINICAL ISCHEMIA DETECTIONPhilip Binkley; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- PARADIGM SHIFTS IN CLINICAL ISCHEMIA DETECTIONPhilip Binkley; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Race and cardiac catheterization use in the setting of acute myocardial infarctioSaif Rathore; Fiscal Year: 2009..outcomes among black patients with heart disease may be lower rates of procedure use, including cardiac catheterization, compared with white patients. This hypothesis has its own series of unanswered questions...
- PROTOTYPE CATHETER FOR IN VIVO HIGH-RESOLUTION CARDIAC FLUORESCENCE MAPPINGMiguel Valderrabano; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Substrate Mapping & Ablation of Ventricular TachycardiaVivek Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..