Genomes and Genes
Summary: Historically, tissue transplantation, especially of refrigerated tissue (after Filatov). It was theorized that nonspecific substances, capable of initiating restorative processes, formed in tissues when refrigerated. Cell therapy (after Niehans) refers to implantation of tissue by injection. Originally this involved fresh cells but later frozen or lyophilized cells.
Publications285 found, 100 shown here
- Plasticity of rodent and human hair follicle dermal cells: implications for cell therapy and tissue engineeringGavin D Richardson
School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, University of Durham, Durham, NC, USA
J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 10:180-3. 2005..We then briefly address the implications of the stem cell potential of hair follicle dermal cells for the field of tissue engineering...
- Comparison of mesenchymal stem cells from adipose tissue and bone marrow for ischemic stroke therapyYuka Ikegame
Department of Neurosurgery, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
Cytotherapy 13:675-85. 2011..The present study compared the therapeutic potential of adipose-derived stem cells (ASC) with that of BM-derived stem cells (BMSC) in a murine stroke model...
- Pluripotency of mesenchymal stem cells derived from adult marrowYuehua Jiang
Stem Cell Institute, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Nature 418:41-9. 2002..As MAPCs proliferate extensively without obvious senescence or loss of differentiation potential, they may be an ideal cell source for therapy of inherited or degenerative diseases...
- Haematopoietic stem cells adopt mature haematopoietic fates in ischaemic myocardiumLeora B Balsam
Departments of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Nature 428:668-73. 2004..1(lo) Lin- Sca-1+ long-term reconstituting haematopoietic stem cells adopt only traditional haematopoietic fates...
- Intravenous route of cell delivery for treatment of neurological disorders: a meta-analysis of preclinical resultsMiroslaw Janowski
Department of Neurorepair, Medical Research Center, Polish Academy of Science, Warsaw, Poland
Stem Cells Dev 19:5-16. 2010..The stratified analysis of molecular effect measures revealed that apoptosis inhibition is the strongest brain tissue-positive change induced by cell therapy...
- Recent progress in cell therapy for basal ganglia disorders with emphasis on menstrual blood transplantation in strokeMaria Carolina Oliveira Rodrigues
Department of Neurosurgery and Brain Repair, University of South Florida College of Medicine, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 36:177-90. 2012..We highlight the availability, proliferative capacity, pluripotentiality and angiogenic features of these cells and explore their present and future experimental and clinical applications...
- Comparison of mesenchymal tissues-derived stem cells for in vivo chondrogenesis: suitable conditions for cell therapy of cartilage defects in rabbitHideyuki Koga
Section of Orthopedic Surgery, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 333:207-15. 2008..Higher cell density and a periosteum patch were needed to obtain a high production of cartilage matrix by synovium-MSCs...
- Characterization of freshly isolated and cultured cells derived from the fatty and fluid portions of liposuction aspiratesKotaro Yoshimura
Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Cell Physiol 208:64-76. 2006..These results suggest that liposuction-derived cells may be useful and valuable for cell-based therapies...
- c-kitpos GATA-4 high rat cardiac stem cells foster adult cardiomyocyte survival through IGF-1 paracrine signallingNanako Kawaguchi
International Research and Educational Institute for Integrated Medical Sciences IREIIMS, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e14297. 2010..Resident c-kit positive (c-kitpos) cardiac stem cells (CSCs) could be considered the most appropriate cell type for myocardial regeneration therapies. However, much is still unknown regarding their biological properties and potential...
- From the laboratory bench to the patient's bedside: an update on clinical trials with mesenchymal stem cellsAntonio Giordano
Sbarro Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Center for Biotechnology, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Cell Physiol 211:27-35. 2007..Finally, we will provide information about biotech companies developing MSC therapy...
- Modeling inherited metabolic disorders of the liver using human induced pluripotent stem cellsS Tamir Rashid
Laboratory for Regenerative Medicine, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
J Clin Invest 120:3127-36. 2010..These patient-derived hepatocytes demonstrate that it is possible to model diseases whose phenotypes are caused by pathological dysregulation of key processes within adult cells...
- Haematopoietic stem cells do not transdifferentiate into cardiac myocytes in myocardial infarctsCharles E Murry
Department of Pathology, Box 357470, Room D 514 HSB, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nature 428:664-8. 2004..These results indicate that haematopoietic stem cells do not readily acquire a cardiac phenotype, and raise a cautionary note for clinical studies of infarct repair...
- Tissue therapy with autologous dermal and epidermal culture cells for diabetic foot ulcersDinato Marcelo
Lusíada University Center, 155 Ana Costa, Ave 11060 001, Santos, SP, Brazil
Cell Tissue Bank 13:241-9. 2012..It is concluded that this method is an excellent therapeutic option for diabetic ulcers, allowing faster healing. Its great advantage is being a minimally invasive procedure that can be carried out in an outpatient clinic...
- Stem-cell therapies for blood diseasesClaudio Bordignon
Istituto Scientifico San Raffaele, Universita Vita Salute, Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milan, Italy
Nature 441:1100-2. 2006..To make these therapies more accessible and effective it will be important to improve clinical protocols and gene-delivery vectors, and to gain a deeper understanding of stem cells...
- Current regulatory issues in cell and tissue therapyS R Burger
Advanced Cell and Gene Therapy, LLC, Chapel Hill, NC 27516, USA
Cytotherapy 5:289-98. 2003....
- Hypoxic preconditioning enhances the benefit of cardiac progenitor cell therapy for treatment of myocardial infarction by inducing CXCR4 expressionYao Liang Tang
Stem Cell Biology, Keck Graduate Institute, Claremont, CA, USA
Circ Res 104:1209-16. 2009....
- Delayed administration of human umbilical tissue-derived cells improved neurological functional recovery in a rodent model of focal ischemiaLi Zhang
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Stroke 42:1437-44. 2011..Human umbilical tissue-derived cells have shown great potential as neuroregenerative candidates for stroke treatment...
- Endothelial progenitor cell-based neovascularization: implications for therapyGuido Krenning
Stem Cell and Tissue Engineering Research Group, Department Pathology and Medical Biology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Hanzeplein 1 EA11, NL 9713GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
Trends Mol Med 15:180-9. 2009..In future therapies, clinical administration of these paracrine modulators using slow-release depots might induce neovascularization and might therefore hold promise for vascular regenerative medicine...
- IFATS collection: in vivo therapeutic potential of human adipose tissue mesenchymal stem cells after transplantation into mice with liver injuryAgnieszka Banas
Section for Studies on Metastasis, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Stem Cells 26:2705-12. 2008..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article...
- Stem cell-based cell therapy in neurological diseases: a reviewSeung U Kim
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, UBC Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Neurosci Res 87:2183-200. 2009..Steady and solid progress in stem cell research in both basic and preclinical settings should support the hope for development of stem cell-based cell therapies for neurological diseases...
- Stem cells for the treatment of neurological disordersOlle Lindvall
Laboratory of Neurogenesis and Cell Therapy, Section of Restorative Neurology, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, SE 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Nature 441:1094-6. 2006..The next step is to translate these exciting advances from the laboratory into clinically useful therapies...
- Emerging hurdles in stem cell therapy for peripheral vascular diseaseXabier L Aranguren
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven KULeuven, Campus Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000, Leuven, Belgium
J Mol Med (Berl) 87:3-16. 2009....
- Mesenchymal stem cell assays and applicationsMohan C Vemuri
Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, Life Technologies, 7335 Executive Way, Frederick, MD 21704, USA
Methods Mol Biol 698:3-8. 2011..This chapter outlines the current status of the field and emphasizes the need for clearly defined protocols to better define the function and use of MSCs in cell therapy...
- A combined procedure to deliver autologous mesenchymal stromal cells to patients with traumatic brain injuryZ X Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, Weifang People s Hospital, Weifang Medical College, Weifang, PR China
Cytotherapy 10:134-9. 2008..to take the investigations from laboratory bench to the patient's bedside. This clinical trial was performed to assess the safety and feasibility of a combined procedure to deliver autologous MSC to patients with traumatic brain injury...
- Intravenous infusion of mesenchymal stem cells enhances regional perfusion and improves ventricular function in a porcine model of myocardial infarctionMichael E Halkos
Cardiothoracic Research Laboratory, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Emory Crawford Long Hospital, 550 Peachtree Street, NE, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
Basic Res Cardiol 103:525-36. 2008..The results suggest that intravenous infusion of MSCs is an effective modality for the treatment of ischemia/reperfusion induced myocardial injury...
- The therapeutic applications of multipotential mesenchymal/stromal stem cells in skeletal tissue repairAgnieszka Arthur
Mesenchymal Stem Cell Group, Division of Haematology, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Hanson Institute University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Cell Physiol 218:237-45. 2009..This review will specifically focus on the skeletal regenerative capacity of bone marrow derived MSC alone or in combination with growth factors, biocompatible scaffolds, and following genetic modification...
- Good manufacturing practice and clinical-grade human embryonic stem cell linesChristian Unger
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, SE 14186 Stockholm, Sweden
Hum Mol Genet 17:R48-53. 2008..Human serum is a xeno-free component available today, but many chemically defined media are under development...
- Human bone marrow-derived adult stem cells for post-myocardial infarction cardiac repair: current status and future directionsH M Wei
Research and Development Unit, National Heart Centre, 9 Hospital Drive, Blk C, 03 2, Singapore
Singapore Med J 50:935-42. 2009....
- Stem cells: lost in translationKenneth R Chien
Nature 428:607-8. 2004
- Cellular antioxidant levels influence muscle stem cell therapyLauren Drowley
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Mol Ther 18:1865-73. 2010..These results indicate that elevating the levels of antioxidants in MDSCs with NAC can significantly influence their tissue regeneration capacity...
- Prolonged diabetes reversal after intraportal xenotransplantation of wild-type porcine islets in immunosuppressed nonhuman primatesBernhard J Hering
Diabetes Institute for Immunology and Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, 424 Harvard Street SE, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Nat Med 12:301-3. 2006....
- Long-term survival of neonatal porcine islets in nonhuman primates by targeting costimulation pathwaysKenneth Cardona
Emory Transplant Center, Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, 101 Woodruff Circle, Suite 5105, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Nat Med 12:304-6. 2006..Thus, neonatal porcine islets represent a promising solution to the crucial supply problem in clinical islet transplantation...
- Signaling factors in stem cell-mediated repair of infarcted myocardiumS Vandervelde
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, NL 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
J Mol Cell Cardiol 39:363-76. 2005....
- Cellular replacement therapy for arrhythmia treatment: early clinical experienceDemosthenes Katritsis
Department of Cardiology, Athens Euroclinic, 9 Athanassiadou Street, Athens 11521, Greece
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 22:99-105. 2008..However, clinical experience is limited...
- Cell-based interventions for neurologic conditions: ethical challenges for early human trialsD J H Mathews
Johns Hopkins University, 100 North Charles Street, Suite 740, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Neurology 71:288-93. 2008....
- Development of mammalian cell-enclosing subsieve-size agarose capsules (<100 microm) for cell therapyShinji Sakai
Department of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu University, 6 10 1 Hakozaki, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
Biomaterials 26:4786-92. 2005..43). Compared with cells seeded in a tissue culture dish, the cells enclosed in the subsieve-size capsules showed 89.2% viability...
- Progenitor cell therapy in a porcine acute myocardial infarction model induces cardiac hypertrophy, mediated by paracrine secretion of cardiotrophic factors including TGFbeta1Brendan Doyle
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Stem Cells Dev 17:941-51. 2008....
- Mechanisms underlying improved recovery of neurological function after stroke in the rodent after treatment with neurorestorative cell-based therapiesMichael Chopp
Neurology Department, Research Division, Education and Research Building, Room 3056, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Stroke 40:S143-5. 2009....
- Modulation of adult mesenchymal stem cells activity by toll-like receptors: implications on therapeutic potentialOlga DelaRosa
Cellerix S A, Parque Tecnologico de Madrid, Calle Marconi 1, Tres Cantos, Madrid, Spain
Mediators Inflamm 2010:865601. 2010..In this review, we discuss the available data on the modulation of MSCs activity through TLR signalling...
- Mesenchymal stem cell therapy for cardiac repairAndrew J Boyle
Cardiology Division, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 660:65-84. 2010..This review discusses the mechanism of action of MSC therapy and summarizes the current literature in the field...
- Tissue engineering and cell therapy of cartilage and boneRanieri Cancedda
Centro Biotecnologie Avanzate, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Largo R Benzi, 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Matrix Biol 22:81-91. 2003..Finally, we highlight the positive aspects and the remaining problems that will drive future research in articular cartilage and bone repair...
- Mesenchymal stem cells: biology and clinical potential in type 1 diabetes therapyMeng Liu
State Key Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Tianjin, PR China
J Cell Mol Med 12:1155-68. 2008..Next, we consider MSCs as surrogate beta-cell source for islet transplantation, and present some basic requirements for these replacement cells. Finally, MSCs-mediated therapeutic neovascularization in type 1 diabetes is discussed...
- Myogenic stem cells: regeneration and cell therapy in human skeletal muscleE Negroni
Cytosquelette et Développement, FRE 2853, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 105, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 54:100-8. 2006..We focused our attention on stem cells with myogenic potential which might be able to improve transplantation efficiency and therefore could be used as a therapeutic tool for neuromuscular diseases...
- Stem cells: a new route to rejuvenationM Azim Surani
Nature 443:284-5. 2006
- Good manufacturing practice-compliant expansion of marrow-derived stem and progenitor cells for cell therapyMartin H Gastens
Institut fur Laboratoriums und Transfusionsmedizin, Herz und Diabeteszentrum Nordrhein Westfalen, Universitatsklinik der Ruhr Universitat Bochum, 32545 Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Cell Transplant 16:685-96. 2007..A combination of closed, automated technologies enabled production of good manufacturing practice (GMP)-compliant cell therapeutics, ready for use within a clinical setting, with minimal risk of microbial contamination...
- In vitro multipotentiality and characterization of human unfractured traumatic hemarthrosis-derived progenitor cells: A potential cell source for tissue repairSang Yang Lee
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
J Cell Physiol 210:561-6. 2007....
- Clinical applications of stem cell therapy--the pros and cons of stem cell sourcesNagy A Habib
Regen Med 1:301-2. 2006
- Human dental pulp stem cells improve left ventricular function, induce angiogenesis, and reduce infarct size in rats with acute myocardial infarctionCarolina Gandia
Fundación Hospital General Universitario, Consorcio Hospital General Universitario de Valencia, Avenida Tres Cruces s n, 46014 Valencia, Spain
Stem Cells 26:638-45. 2008..However, angiogenesis was increased relative to control-treated animals. Taken together, these data suggest that DPSC could provide a novel alternative cell population for cardiac repair, at least in the setting of acute MI...
- Mesenchymal stromal cells from umbilical cord bloodKaren Bieback
Institute of Transfusion Medicine and Immunology, German Red Cross Blood Donor Service Baden Wuerttemberg Hessen gGmbH, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Curr Stem Cell Res Ther 2:310-23. 2007....
- Stem cellsA Vats
Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine Centre, Imperial College London, Chelsea and Westminster Campus, London, UK
Lancet 366:592-602. 2005..For both adult and embryonic stem cells, stability, potential to transmit harmful pathogens or genetic mutations, and risk of forming unwanted tissues or even teratocarcinomas have yet to be fully assessed...
- Mammalian spore-like cells--a reservoir of spare parts for old-age?Armin Shmilovici
Department of Information Systems Engineering, Ben Gurion University, P O Box 653, 84105 Beer Sheva, Israel
Med Hypotheses 68:767-9. 2007..It is expected that tissues with an initially large concentration of spore-like cells may live longer than tissues with an initially small concentration of spore-like cells...
- Youthful prospects for human stem-cell therapy. In another few decades, revised attitudes toward stem cells could lead to disease prevention and life extensionNadia Rosenthal
Mouse Biology Unit, EMBL Monterotondo Outstation, Italy
EMBO Rep 6:S30-4. 2005
- Cell and tissue engineering and clinical applications: an overviewJ F Stoltz
UMR CNRS 7563, Groupe Ingénierie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, Universite Henri Poincare, Faculte de Medecine, 54500 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Biomed Mater Eng 16:S3-S18. 2006..Various aspects of this new regenerative therapeutic medicine are developed in this work...
- Stem cellsCarlo Alberto Redi
Direzione Scientifica Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Endocr Dev 11:145-51. 2007..We will overview what stem cells are, what roles they play in normal developmental processes and how stem cells could have the potential to treat diseases...
- Introduction to stem cell medicineSorapop Kiatpongsan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Rama IV Rd, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 89:111-7. 2006..With the concept of cell and tissue therapy, many chronic disorders will be curable...
- Patient and cellular characteristics determine efficacy of cell therapyMarc S Penn
Circ Res 100:1101-3. 2007
- Stem cell fusion as an ultimate line of defense against xenobioticsJulio Lazaro Padron Velazquez
Department of Pharmacology, Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare P Angeletti, Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, Via Pontina Km 30 600, Pomezia 00040, Rome, Italy
Med Hypotheses 67:383-7. 2006..The use of stem cells to reprogram/recover irreversibly damaged cells or to transmit beneficial mutations might be a valuable therapeutic approach in the future...
- Endothelial progenitor cells: a promising therapeutic alternative for cardiovascular diseaseChunming Dong
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Interv Cardiol 20:93-9. 2007....
- [Regenerative system of injured renal tubules]Shinji Kitamura
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Nihon Rinsho 64:58-61. 2006
- Stem cell controversy to stall European tissue and cell therapy rulesCormac Sheridan
Nat Biotechnol 24:479-80. 2006
- Retention of a differentiated endothelial phenotype by outgrowth endothelial cells isolated from human peripheral blood and expanded in long-term culturesSabine Fuchs
Institute of Pathology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Building 707, Langenbeckstr 1, 55101, Mainz, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 326:79-92. 2006..Thus, OEC in long-term expansion cultures from blood mononuclear cells are phenotypically highly stable, a feature that is an important prerequisite for using OEC from peripheral blood for autologous endothelial cell therapies...
- Potential of stem-cell-based therapies for heart diseaseDeepak Srivastava
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease and Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Francisco, 1650 Owens Street, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Nature 441:1097-9. 2006..The exciting discoveries in basic science will require rigorous testing in animal models to determine those most worthy of future clinical trials...
- Cell-based therapies: from basic biology to replacement, repair, and regenerationRobert M Nerem
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332 0363, USA
Biomaterials 28:5074-7. 2007..Long-term clinical therapies and treatments must move beyond the replacement of tissues and organs to the harnessing of the intrinsic repair and regenerative potential of the human body...
- Intrinsic differences among spatially distinct neural crest stem cells in terms of migratory properties, fate determination, and ability to colonize the enteric nervous systemJack T Mosher
Department of Internal Medicine, Center for Stem Cell Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 3435 Life Sciences Institute, 210 Washtenaw Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Dev Biol 303:1-15. 2007....
- The search for a curative cell therapy in Parkinson's diseaseR Laguna Goya
Cambridge Centre for Brain Repair, Forvie Site, Robinson Way, Cambridge, CB2 2PY, UK
J Neurol Sci 265:32-42. 2008..Therefore, whilst cell therapies remain a promising treatment for PD, there is need for further refinement of the techniques involved in this experimental procedure, before any new trials in patients are undertaken...
- Stem cell therapy in IranSadegh Massarrat
Arch Iran Med 10:435-8. 2007
- Stem-cell therapies: the first waveCatherine Zandonella
Nature 435:877-8. 2005
- Stem cell-based strategies for treating pediatric disorders of myelinSteven A Goldman
Division of Cell and Gene Therapy and Center for Translational Neuromedicine, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:R76-83. 2008....
- Potential of human embryonic stem cells in regenerative medicineRobert Passier
Hubrecht Laboratory, Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Horm Res 60:11-4. 2003..Current problems and recent progress with respect to hES cells and their potential use for clinical applications will be discussed. The potential of adult stem cells for differentiation and tissue repair is reviewed elsewhere...
- Regeneration of inner ear cells from stem cell precursors--a future concept of hearing rehabilitation?S Dazert
Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik der Ruhr Universität Bochum, St Elisabeth Hospital, Bochum, Germany
DNA Cell Biol 22:565-70. 2003....
- Stem-cell based therapies for brain tumorsStephen Yip
Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Curr Opin Mol Ther 10:334-42. 2008..Progress has validated the feasibility of using engineered NSCs as cell-based therapeutic agents to eliminate malignant cells in the brain. This review discusses the therapeutic potential of NSCs focusing on brain tumors...
- Stem cells and regenerative medicineHisamaru Hirai
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Hongo, Japan
Hum Cell 15:190-8. 2002..Combined with these discoveries and achievements as well as the developing technologies, scientists are now trying to bring stem cell therapies to the clinic...
- Cardiac cell-based therapy: cell types and mechanisms of actionsGeraldo A Ramos
The Interdisciplinary Stem Cell Institute, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Cell Transplant 16:951-61. 2007..Together the new insights obtained from studies of cell-based cardiac therapy have ushered in new biological paradigms and enormous potential for novel therapeutic strategies for cardiac disease...
- Mesenchymal stem cells and hematopoietic stem cell transplantationWillem E Fibbe
Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Department of Hematology, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Ann N Y Acad Sci 996:235-44. 2003..This has allowed the clinical testing of culture-expanded MSCs in the context of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. In this paper we discuss the role of MSCs in hematopoietic engraftment after transplantation...
- Oligodendrocyte differentiation and implantation: new insights for remyelinating cell therapyFalak Sher
Department of Neuroscience, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Neurol 21:607-14. 2008....
- [Restoration of brain function by cell transplantation]Koji Kakishita
Department of Neurological Surgery, Wakayama Medical University
Nihon Rinsho 61:457-62. 2003..This review article discussed the possibility of cell transplantation therapy in several neurodegenerative disorders, such as Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease and Alzheimer's disease...
- Injection of adult neurospheres induces recovery in a chronic model of multiple sclerosisStefano Pluchino
Neuroimmunology Unit DIBIT, San Raffaele Hospital, Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milano, Italy
Nature 422:688-94. 2003..Thus, adult neural precursor cells promote multifocal remyelination and functional recovery after intravenous or intrathecal injection in a chronic model of multiple sclerosis...
- Adult stem cells and their importance in cell therapyS Filip
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Charles University, Medical Faculty, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Folia Biol (Praha) 49:9-14. 2003..Much research is to be done and verified in practice and, at the same time, ethical problems must be resolved...
- Stem-cell competitionStuart H Orkin
Nature 418:25-7. 2002
- Dopamine neurons derived from embryonic stem cells function in an animal model of Parkinson's diseaseJong Hoon Kim
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nature 418:50-6. 2002..The dopamine neurons generated by these stem cells show electrophysiological and behavioural properties expected of neurons from the midbrain. Our results encourage the use of ES cells in cell-replacement therapy for Parkinson's disease...
- Adult bone marrow stem cells for cell and gene therapies: implications for greater useChristopher B Ballas
Division of Hematology Oncology, Comprehensive Cancer Center at University Hospitals of Cleveland and Case Western Reserve University, Ohio, USA
J Cell Biochem Suppl 38:20-8. 2002..Recent information indicates HSCs, MSCs, and other cells in general may have more universal differentiation abilities than previously thought...
- Stem cells and the philosopher's stoneJames T Triffitt
Nuffield Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Oxford, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, United Kingdom
J Cell Biochem Suppl 38:13-9. 2002..Rigorous investigation of these topics will lead to realistic approaches in the future for stem cell therapy in a variety of human diseases and other clinical problems...
- Osteogenic stem-cell characterization and development: potentials for cytotherapyJ T Triffitt
Bone Research Laboratory, Nuffield Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Cytotherapy 3:413-6. 2001..Studies of cell fate indicate feasibility for future uses in therapy of bone deficiency diseases and the potential for development of gene therapy procedures in these and other conditions...
- Muscle-derived stem cells: potential for muscle regenerationJohnny Huard
Growth and Development Laboratory, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today 69:230-7. 2003..We also describe the remarkable ability of stem cells to regenerate skeletal muscle and their potential use to alleviate the muscle weakness associated with DMD...
- Application of mesenchymal stem cells for the regeneration of cardiomyocyte and its use for cell transplantation therapyKeiichi Fukuda
Institute for Advanced Cardiac Therapeutics, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Cell 16:83-94. 2003..These findings indicated that cell transplantation therapy for the patients with heart failure might possibly be achieved using the regenerated cardiomyocytes from autologous bone marrow cells in the near future...
- Endogenous adult neural stem cells: limits and potential to repair the injured central nervous systemNathalie Picard-Riera
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U546, Laboratoire des Affections de la Myéline et des Canaux Ioniques Musculaires, Institut Fédératif des Neurosciences, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Neurosci Res 76:223-31. 2004..Reactivation and mobilization of endogenous stem cells as well as demonstration of their long-term survival and functionality appear to be interesting strategies to investigate in order to promote endogenous repair of the adult CNS...
- Stem cells: promises versus limitationsDespoina M Choumerianou
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University Hospital of Heraklion, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Tissue Eng Part B Rev 14:53-60. 2008..Nevertheless, it raises ethical concerns that need to be addressed before the use of stem cells in clinical practice...
- [Hope and limits in cell therapies]A Bennaceur-Griscelli
INSERM U 362, IFR 54, Institut Gustave Roussy, PR1, Villejuif, France
Transfus Clin Biol 12:73-6. 2005....
- Endothelial progenitor cellsAarif Y Khakoo
National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Cardiovascular Branch, Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Bethesda, Maryland 21284, USA
Annu Rev Med 56:79-101. 2005..We review experimental results obtained from both animal studies and recent clinical trials that suggest this cell type may have tremendous therapeutic potential for a wide range of human diseases...
- [Embryonic stem cells: a position for the obstetrician and gynaecologist. Part one]L Reyftmann
Service de gynécologie obstétrique B et médecine de la reproduction, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Montpellier I, hôpital universitaire Arnaud de Villeneuve, 371, avenue du Doyen Gaston Giraud, 34295 Montpellier 5, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 32:866-71. 2004..However, these data have to be integrated in the ethical and juridical background of embryonic stem cell research in France...
- Stem cells and kidney diseasesM R Abbattista
Division of Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation, University of Bari, Polyclinic, Bari, Italy
Minerva Med 95:411-8. 2004..In fact, SCs may provide innovative methods for drug delivery, immunotherapy, tissue regenerative or replacement engineering...
- Isolation and characterization of rapidly self-renewing stem cells from cultures of human marrow stromal cellsD J Prockop
Center for Gene Therapy, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, 1430 Tulane Avenue, SL-99, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Cytotherapy 3:393-6. 2001..They have properties that appear to make them ideal candidates for studying differentiation and probably make them well-suited for cell and gene therapy...
- Nuclear transplantation, embryonic stem cells and the potential for cell therapyKonrad Hochedlinger
Whitehead Institute, Cambridge, MA, USA
Hematol J 5:S114-7. 2004..Moreover, we will discuss the potential use of nuclear transfer to study the role of reversible genomic (epigenetic) modifications during tumorigenesis...
- Cell-based remyelinating therapies in multiple sclerosis: evidence from experimental studiesStefano Pluchino
Neuroimmunology Unit Department of Biotechnology DIBIT and Department of Neurology and Neurophysiology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Curr Opin Neurol 17:247-55. 2004..However, this process is not robust enough to promote a functional and stable recovery of the myelin architecture. The development of cell-based therapies, aimed at promoting multifocal remyelination, is therefore foreseen...
- Emerging insights into liver-directed cell therapy for genetic and acquired disordersSanjeev Gupta
Department of Medicine, Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Cancer Research Center and General Clinical Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Ullmann Building, Rm 625, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Transpl Immunol 12:289-302. 2004..Taken together, these advances indicate that liver-directed cell therapy will be well positioned in the near future to play significant roles in transplantation medicine...
- Cell therapy using human embryonic stem cellsSharon Gerecht-Nir
Biotechnology Interdisciplinary Unit, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa
Transpl Immunol 12:203-9. 2004..The last part of this review details accumulated data regarding the in vitro differentiation potential of hESCs...
- Advances in cell therapy for renal failureH David Humes
Research and Development Division, Nephros Therapeutics Inc and Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, 1150 W Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0726, USA
Transpl Immunol 12:219-27. 2004..This review will focus on our group's use of human stem/progenitor cells in the treatment of acute and chronic renal failure as extensions to current successful renal substitution processes of hemodialysis and hemofiltration...
- [New Croatian legislation on tissue banking]Mirela Busić
Ministarstvo zdravstva i socijalne skrbi RH, Zagreb, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 61:445-7. 2007..In the above mentioned law and decrees, Croatia has a legal foundation for regulating this field in compliance with EU standards...
- Treating female infertility and improving IVF pregnancy rates with a manual physical therapy techniqueBelinda F Wurn
Clear Passage Therapies, Gainesville, Florida 32606, USA
MedGenMed 6:51. 2004..Infertility and pregnancy...
- Effects of myocardial transplantation of marrow mesenchymal stem cells transfected with vascular endothelial growth factor for the improvement of heart function and angiogenesis after myocardial infarctionJinfu Yang
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, PR China
Cardiology 107:17-29. 2007....
- Combined autologous cellular cardiomyoplasty with skeletal myoblasts and bone marrow cells in canine hearts for ischemic cardiomyopathyImran A Memon
Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Department of Surgery E1, Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Osaka, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:646-53. 2005..We investigated the achievements accomplished with combined cell therapy of skeletal myoblast and bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation to the ischemic canine myocardium...
- Human embryonic stem cell-derived neural crest stem cells and Hirschsprung diseaSean J Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will test whether NCSCs with specific regional characteristics can be derived from hES cells and whether these cells engraft in the gut of an animal model of Hirschsprung disease. ..
- Regulation of myocardial growth and death by GSK-3Junichi Sadoshima; Fiscal Year: 2013..The knowledge obtained from this investigation should be useful for the development of better treatment for heart failure, ischemic injury and stem cell therapy. ..
- Stem Cell Homing for Treatment of Female Pelvic Floor DisordersMargot S Damaser; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will explore the possibility of making this therapy noncellular to avoid complications of cell therapy. This research is of high significance for development of improved therapies for female pelvic floor disorders. ..
- Novel Regenerative Therapy for Myocardial InfarctionAndrew R Mendelsohn; Fiscal Year: 2011..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: We are developing a new regenerative therapy for the treatment of myocardial infarction (heart attacks). A new drug will stimulate the heart to repair itself. ..
- Testing the Therapeutic Potential of iPS Cells for Inherited Skin DiseasesJakub Tolar; Fiscal Year: 2013..If the studies outlined in this application are successful, these pre-clinical data will pave the way for approval of iPSC-based clinical trials for not only other forms of EB, but also other inherited skin disorders. ..
- Muscle stem cell therapy in a mouse model of premature agingJohnny Huard; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- microRNA mediation of Endothelial Progenitor Cell function in Myocardial IchemiaPrasanna Krishnamurthy; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Optimization of adoptive immunotherapy with autologous CD20-specific T cellsBrian Till; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- T-cell Therapy for B-lineage Acute Lymphoblastic LeukemiaLaurence J N Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2013..LAY SUMMARY: We will infuse CD19-specific T cells after transplantation to improve survival for patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. ..
- Non-viral gene therapy for sickle cell anemiaCLIFFORD JOHN STEER; Fiscal Year: 2012..The ultimate goal of this research project is to develop and evaluate in patients an innovative gene therapy approach that has the potential to treat and correct SCA. ..
- Macrophage-based Human Gene Therapy for Hereditary PAPBruce C Trapnell; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Gene-Engineered and Targeted Stem Cell Therapy for MyelomaSelvarangan Ponnazhagan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Successful completion of these studies will allow us to initiate phase-1 human clinical trials. ..
- Genetic correction of human beta-thalassemic induced pluripotent stem cellsEIRINI PAPAPETROU; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- METABOLIC REGULATION IN THE ACUTE PHASEHYUNG D RYOO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Tools to manipulate cells'secretory capacity may be used to enhance production of recombinant proteins in cultured cells or in gene therapy or cell therapy in vivo. ..
- Adipose Stem Cell Therapy for Krabbe DiseaseBruce Bunnell; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Tissue recovery in the pathophysiology of stress urinary incontinenceAdonis K Hijaz; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Protein Therapy for Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis BullosaDavid T Woodley; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies will facilitate future development of protein- based therapy for other inherited skin diseases. ..
- Genetic correction of human beta-thalassemic induced pluripotent stem cellsEIRINI PAPAPETROU; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Development of Human, Autologous, Pluripotent Very Small Embryonic Like (VSELs) sDENIS OVEREND RODGERSON; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Effects of Metabolic Disorders on Bone Marrow-Derived Cell FunctionGina C Schatteman; Fiscal Year: 2012..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: This work could lead to better treatment of heart attacks, strokes, and burns as well as prevention of chronic ulcers, particularly in people who are obese and those with diabetes. ..
- Neurotrophin-Secreting Muscle Stem Cell Therapy for Laryngeal ParalysisStacey L Halum; Fiscal Year: 2013..The model is also hypothesis-generating in nature, and will serve as a basis for future independent proposals, as is consistent with career development nature of the award. ..
- Stem Cell Based Therapy for Regenerative Endodontics George T J Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..If successful, a subsequent human trial may be carried out in the future and its success will promise a reduced need of traditional aggressive root canal therapies. ..
- Development of an In Vivo Stem Cell Tracking Method Using Ultrasound ImagingFlordeliza S Villanueva; Fiscal Year: 2010..This new imaging technology may facilitate the clinical application of MSC therapy, which may ultimately decrease death and disability from myocardial infarction and congestive heart failure. ..
- Targeted cell therapy for the treatment of ventricular tachycardiaKENNETH LAURITA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Consequently, SCD remains a major unresolved public health problem. This proposal puts forth a novel method using targeted cellular therapy to restore normal function and, thus, cure many patients at risk for SCD. 1 ..
- Developing diagnostic and therapeutic stem cells for cancer therapyKhalid A Shah; Fiscal Year: 2013..The developed agents and strategies will be designed to be clinically translatable and should have a major impact in developing efficient therapies for brain tumors. ..
- Analyzing the Efficacy of Galectin-1 Ligand Inhibition in Adoptive T cell TherapyJENNA GEDDES SWEENEY; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Skin-targeted Cell Therapy for Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis BullosaJakub Tolar; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- MECHANISMS OF ALLOGENEIC STEM CELL EDUCATION IN SCIDRebecca H Buckley; Fiscal Year: 2010..A O< -550 0.- 'c :.. (Op Ow. 'C7 .-" r-. w'- .-. .n_. -.z w01 (Da -v, E fl, .-, tin tin Q,0 ..
- Novel mechanisms to increase beta cell regeneration by p27SENTA K GEORGIA; Fiscal Year: 2012..Results from these studies will contribute to the design of therapies to generate more insulin-producing cells as an effective cure for diabetes. ..
- Reprogramming of endothelial cells for improved cardiomyogenicity in vivoMELISSA ANN THAL; Fiscal Year: 2012..Most importantly, our results may significantly improve an existing cellular therapy and improve the lives of the over 16 million patients in the United States living with coronary heart disease. ..
- CellTrap: A novel solid phase platform for analysis of stem/progenitor cellsNICANOR I contact MOLDOVAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The project will have both short term economic impact and long term sustainability by creation of a company for commercialization of the assay kit. ..
- Human Blood-Brain Barrier Model for CNS Drug TranslationEric V Shusta; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, a detailed understanding of EGFR inhibitor permeability and efficacy using the human BBB model along with brain tumor isolates could have substantial impact on the translation of this class of medicines to the clinic. ..
- CD8+ T Cell Immunity to CytomegalovirusStanley R Riddell; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Catalase therapy for cardiac regenerationMichael E Davis; Fiscal Year: 2013..Studies to be performed include cardiac and inflammatory cell-specific overexpression, followed by myocardial infarction, as well as studies involving cell therapy with cardiac stem cells. ..
- Technology platform for development of multi-component preservation solutionAllison Hubel; Fiscal Year: 2013..This type of approach will be applied first of all to MSCs but can be extended to a variety of different cell types used therapeutically. ! ..
- CYTOLOGICAL STUDIES OF DEVELOPING AND MATURE NEURONSMary Bartlett Bunge; Fiscal Year: 2013..Discovery of translational methods to improve exiting of regenerated brainstem axons from the SC bridge into the cord will have an important impact on fostering spinal cord repair, particularly for the use of SCs to mend human SCIs. ..
- Combined Stem Cell and Anti-Oxidative Therapy for ALSJason R Thonhoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..Particularly, the morphological and functional outcomes of human neural stem cell grafting and anti-oxidant treatment in the ALS rat model will be examined. ..
- Epigenetic modification of endothelial progenitor cells into multipotent cellsRajasingh Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- miRNAs and epidermal langerhans cell development and functionQing Sheng Mi; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- PROCESSED ANTIGEN CHARACTERIZATION BY MASS SPECTROMETRYDonald F Hunt; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Establishment of Marmoset iPS-derived Cranial Neural Crest CellsSteven Farnsworth; Fiscal Year: 2013..This research proposal fits the applicant's career goal to become a dentist-scientist studying translational research in regenerative dentistry. ..
- Acute Hepatic Porphyrias: Pathogenesis &TreatmentMakiko Yasuda; Fiscal Year: 2013..Development of a safe and effective treatment should protect patients from the life-threatening acute neurological attacks of AIP and improve their quality of life. ..
- CLINICAL TRANSLATION OF 19F MRI TO VISUALIZE CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPEUTIC CELLSAmy K Wesa; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal will adapt modern imaging tools to address this urgent need, while giving insights into ongoing clinical studies of immunotherapy in colorectal cancer. ..
- Structural Genomics of Orphan Nuclear ReceptorsH Eric Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Micro-RNA reprogrammed human CD34 stem cells for cardiovascular disease therapyKeith A Webster; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 3 we will characterize the cellular and molecular events that promote revascularization in response to optimal gene and engineered cell therapy in each model of ischemia and each age/disease background. ..
- GUCY2C targeted adoptive T cell therapy to treat metastatic colorectal cancerMichael S Magee; Fiscal Year: 2013..Successful completion of these studies will position GUCY2C-targeted T cells for translation to treat established metastatic disease in patients with advanced colorectal cancer. ..
- Processing and Preservation of Human Umbilical Cord Stem Cells for Cell TherapeutAlfred Bahnson; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will study how to maximize the stocks of these cells and ensure their safe use in cell therapy. ..
- Cell Therapies for Cooley's AnemiaThomas M Ryan; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Ferritin-Based Molecular Imaging of Cardiac Stem Cell TherapyChun Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long term goal of this study is to develop a molecular imaging system to track stem cell dynamics after transplantation into the heart. ..
- High Resolution Peripheral Quantitative CTMARY BETH LEONARD; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have a detailed and ready-to-execute plan for operation that includes technical expertise and support, and full institutional commitment. ..
- Redefining Human Myocardial BiologyAnnarosa Leri; Fiscal Year: 2013..Stem cell therapy may be prospected as a novel therapeutic strategy for the failing heart. ..
- Targeted Improvement in Stem Cell Therapy for Leukemia and Bone Marrow Failure SyQishen Pang; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of the project is to develop a novel preclinical regimen to improve BMT therapy for leukemia and BM failure diseases, clinical settings in which intensive preconditioning and scarce stem cell numbers critically limit success. ..
- The adoptive transfer of gene-modified T cells as a cell therapy for lymphomaMARCO L DAVILA; Fiscal Year: 2012..It is expected that the results from this study will be used to develop optimized T cell therapies for patients with lymphoma. ..
- Adipose-Derived Stromal/Stem Cell Therapy for Pressure UlcersXiying Wu; Fiscal Year: 2012..S. and abroad. With its background in adipose stromal/stem cell biotechnology, LaCell and its consultants are uniquely positioned to address this unmet medical need. ..
- Interferon-gamma limits the effectiveness of peptide vaccines for cancerEsteban Celis; Fiscal Year: 2013..The results of these studies will help clarify the dual role that IFN? appears to play in T cell based tumor immunotherapy and will allow us to design more effective therapeutic strategies for established cancers. ..
- Installation of Energy-Efficient Cage Washers for Childrens Hospital VivariumPhilip R Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2012..These new colonies must first be rederived (creation of pathogen- free mice) prior to transfer to the CTRB barrier. ..
- Factors Responsible for Cardiac Preservation Conferred by Adult Marrow Stem CellsJeffrey L Spees; Fiscal Year: 2012..3. To identify the specific factors secreted by the stem cells that preserve cardiac function. ..
- Direct and Bone-Marrow Mediated Effects of Adipose Stem Cells in EmphysemaIrina Petrache; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Treatment of a Complex Retinal Degenerative SyndromeVal C Sheffield; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Molecular Imaging of Resident Cardiac Stem CellsJoseph C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Importantly, the information we obtain here on detection sensitivity and the overall experience we gain will be extremely valuable for eventual clinical translation of cardiac molecular imaging. ..
- Hit to Lead Optimization of Small Molecule Therapeutics for Muscular DystrophyBradley L Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2010..If we are successful the optimized lead small molecule will be evaluated in pre-IND efficacy and toxicity studies followed by an anticipated clinical trial for DMD. ..
- Biocompatibility of Implantable Renal Replacement DevicesShuvo Roy; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Intravenous Protein Therapy for the Treatment of Duchenne Muscular DystrophyBRADLEY HODGES; Fiscal Year: 2009..We are investigating a protein therapy that may prevent the breakdown of skeletal and heart muscles of DMD patients and improve their quality of life. ..
- Basic Mechanisms of the Epilepsies WorkshopsAntonio Delgado Escueta; Fiscal Year: 2009..5 million persons) and worldwide (50-100 million persons) and still there are no cures and treatments that put a dent in the stable prevalence and incident rates of the epilepsies. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A NOVEL BIOARTIFICIAL LIVERJacek Rozga; Fiscal Year: 2002..S. lone to keep liver failure patients alive until an organ becomes available for transplantation or the native liver recovers from injury ($1.5-billion market). ..
- "Smart" Materials to Engineer a More Complete Stem Cell NicheAdam Engler; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Therapy for Myocardial RegenerationRoberto Bolli; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results may eventually lead to the development of novel therapeutic strategies in patients with ischemic heart disease. ..
- Immune Recovery Following LLME Treated Cell TherapyJoanne Filicko; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Gene-engineered dendritic cell therapy for diabeticsMassimo Trucco; Fiscal Year: 2003..The ultimate result could include less intensive or even a complete cessation of insulin replacement therapy in newly-diagnosed diabetics as well as, perhaps, a means of preventing diabetes. ..
- PEPTIDE-PULSED DENDRITIC CELL THERAPY FOR MELANOMAFrank Haluska; Fiscal Year: 2000..Our final objective is the comparison of immunologic data obtained from the two trials. ..
- A Resorbable Cryoprobe Provides a Salvage Therapeutic OptionKRISTI SNYDER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The device will be used to apply freezing temperatures (cryoablation) to destroy unwanted tissue. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improved Preservation of Suspended CellsRobert Van Buskirk; Fiscal Year: 2003..The intent of this Phase I SBIR project is to better understand the stress mechanisms that need to be controlled for improved preservation of suspended cells that will lead to the Phase II development of HTS-SUSP. ..
- STEM CELL THERAPY IN ACUTE RENAL FAILUREFangming Lin; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- CD19-Specific T-Cell Therapy for Follicular LymphomaLAURENCE COOPER; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Cell Tracking and imaging gene expression in the brainHarish Poptani; Fiscal Year: 2006..Correlation of MRI and PET images will be performed in vivo and in vitro using anatomical markers and with immunohistochemical staining for the beta-galactosidase activity. ..
- Improving Pancreas/Islets Preservation HTS/CryoStorRobert Van Buskirk; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Restoring LV Function Post-MI Using Fibrin-Gel Based Engineered MyocardiumLauren Black; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed research aims to elucidate critical design parameters in the creation and culture of heart tissue engineered in the lab and to find way to improve this tissue's efficacy in restoring functionality to the injured heart. ..
- Gene engineering of nerve stem using HSV amplicon vectorYoshinaga Saeki; Fiscal Year: 2003..further understanding of HSV/EBV/genomic vectors and confirm the advantages of genomic transgenes and EBV elements, which then should provide a strong basis for genetic engineering of NSCs using HSV/EBV/genomic vectors ..
- Mechanisms of Early Kidney DevelopmentTERI MAUCH; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Preclinical Development of Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cell Therapy for Ischemic StroSean Savitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..The data from these proposed experiments are essential to design our first clinical safety study using these cells in stroke patients. ..