Genomes and Genes
Summary: Removal of plasma and replacement with various fluids, e.g., fresh frozen plasma, plasma protein fractions (PPF), albumin preparations, dextran solutions, saline. Used in treatment of autoimmune diseases, immune complex diseases, diseases of excess plasma factors, and other conditions.
Publications285 found, 100 shown here
- Clinical practice. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpuraJames N George
Hematology Oncology Section, Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, USA
N Engl J Med 354:1927-35. 2006
- Thrombotic microangiopathy: current knowledge and outcomes with plasma exchangeWilliam F Clark
Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Semin Dial 25:214-9. 2012..The advent of plasma therapy in the treatment of thrombotic microangiopathy has led to a clearer understanding of the role of ADAMTS13, both short- and long-term outcomes and the need for future surveillance and intervention...
- Relation between humoral pathological changes in multiple sclerosis and response to therapeutic plasma exchangeMark Keegan
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Lancet 366:579-82. 2005..Therapeutic plasma exchange (TPE) has been successfully used to treat fulminant demyelinating attacks unresponsive to steroids...
- Best supportive care and therapeutic plasma exchange with or without eculizumab in Shiga-toxin-producing E. coli O104:H4 induced haemolytic-uraemic syndrome: an analysis of the German STEC-HUS registryJan T Kielstein
Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:3807-15. 2012..May 22nd marks the beginning of a Shiga-toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) O104:H4 outbreak in Northern Germany. By its end on 27 July, it had claimed 53 deaths among 2987 STEC and 855 confirmed haemolytic-uraemic syndrome (HUS) cases...
- Eculizumab in the treatment of atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome in infantsGema Ariceta
Pediatric Nephrology, Hospital Universitario Cruces, Barakaldo Bilbao, Spain
Am J Kidney Dis 59:707-10. 2012..73 m(2) [0.25 mL/s/1.73 m(2)]). Repeated high-volume plasma infusions were ineffective. Plasma exchange was attempted, but not tolerated...
- Therapeutic plasma exchange in patients with hyperlipidemic pancreatitisJui Hao Chen
Department of Gastroenterology, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, 95 Wenchang Road, Shih Lin District, Taipei, Taiwan, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2272-4. 2004To clarify the effectiveness of plasma exchange by comparing the mortality and morbidity before and after the intervention of plasma exchange.
- Management of an acute outbreak of diarrhoea-associated haemolytic uraemic syndrome with early plasma exchange in adults from southern Denmark: an observational studyEdin Colic
Department of Nephrology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Lancet 378:1089-93. 2011..We aimed to assess the success of management of this disorder with plasma exchange therapy.
- Immunoglobulin treatment versus plasma exchange in patients with chronic moderate to severe myasthenia gravisJ Rønager
Department of Neurology, Neuroscience Center, National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Artif Organs 25:967-73. 2001..of this study was to compare the efficacy of high-dose intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) treatment with plasma exchange in patients suffering from moderate to severe myasthenia gravis (MG) in a stable phase...
- Clinical practice guidelines for the management of atypical haemolytic uraemic syndrome in the United KingdomC Mark Taylor
Institute of Human Genetics, Newcastle University, Central Parkway, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Br J Haematol 148:37-47. 2010..We particularly address the role of renal transplantation alone and combined liver-kidney transplantation...
- Beneficial plasma exchange response in central nervous system inflammatory demyelinationSetty M Magaña
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Arch Neurol 68:870-8. 2011b>Plasma exchange (PLEX) is a beneficial rescue therapy for acute, steroid-refractory central nervous system inflammatory demyelinating disease (CNS-IDD)...
- Effect of plasma exchange on plasma ADAMTS13 metalloprotease activity, inhibitor level, and clinical outcome in patients with idiopathic and nonidiopathic thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpuraX Long Zheng
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, ARC 316, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 103:4043-9. 2004Therapeutic plasma exchange is an effective empiric treatment for thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP), but how therapy affects the level of a disintegrin and metalloprotease with thrombospondin type 1 motif 13 (ADAMTS13) or ..
- Immunotherapy for Guillain-Barré syndrome: a systematic reviewRichard A C Hughes
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London, UK
Brain 130:2245-57. 2007..In four trials with altogether 585 severely affected adult participants, those treated with plasma exchange (PE) improved significantly more on this scale 4 weeks after randomization than those who did not, weighted ..
- Long-term outcome of anti-glomerular basement membrane antibody disease treated with plasma exchange and immunosuppressionJ B Levy
Renal Section, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, DuCane Road, London W12 ONN, United Kingdom
Ann Intern Med 134:1033-42. 2001..PATIENTS: 71 treated patients with anti-GBM antibody disease. INTERVENTION: All patients received plasma exchange, prednisolone, and cyclophosphamide...
- Therapeutic efficacy of plasma exchange in NMO-IgG-positive patients with neuromyelitis opticaS Watanabe
Department of Neurology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryomachi, Aobaku, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Mult Scler 13:128-32. 2007..and three with myelitis) who were unresponsive to high-dose intravenous methylprednisolone (HIMP), with plasma exchange (PE) (three to five exchanges, 2-3 L each)...
- ADAMTS13 activity in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura-hemolytic uremic syndrome: relation to presenting features and clinical outcomes in a prospective cohort of 142 patientsSara K Vesely
Hematology Oncology Section, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, PO Box 26901, Oklahoma City, OK 73190, USA
Blood 102:60-8. 2003..syndrome (TTP-HUS) is difficult because of lack of specific diagnostic criteria, high mortality without plasma exchange treatment, and risks of plasma exchange...
- Plasma exchange for induction and cyclosporine A for maintenance of remission in Wegener's granulomatosis--a clinical randomized controlled trialWladimir M Szpirt
Department of Nephrology, Rigshospitalet University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:206-13. 2011The use of plasma exchange (PE) for induction treatment of anti-neutrophil cytoplasm autoantibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis (AAV), including Wegener's granulomatosis (WG), is still controversial...
- Alternative complement pathway assessment in patients with atypical HUSLubka T Roumenina
Cordeliers Research Center, INSERM UMRS 872, 75006 Paris, France
J Immunol Methods 365:8-26. 2011..Finally, we will discuss how the therapy of aHUS patients can be modified according to the functional consequences of each particular genetic defect...
- Removal of elevated circulating angiopoietin-2 by plasma exchange--a pilot study in critically ill patients with thrombotic microangiopathy and anti-glomerular basement membrane diseaseSvjetlana Lovric
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Thromb Haemost 104:1038-43. 2010..We hypothesised that plasma exchange (PE) is efficient for lowering excess Ang-2 levels in critically ill patients with thrombocytic ..
- Intensive plasma exchange increases a disintegrin and metalloprotease with thrombospondin motifs-13 activity and reverses organ dysfunction in children with thrombocytopenia-associated multiple organ failureTrung C Nguyen
Section of Critical Care, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Crit Care Med 36:2878-87. 2008..formerly known as von Willebrand factor (VWF) cleaving protease, is decreased in adults with VWF-mediated thrombotic microangiopathy, and intensive plasma exchange (PEx) both replenishes ADAMTS-13 and improves outcome in these patients.
- Factor H-related protein 1 neutralizes anti-factor H autoantibodies in autoimmune hemolytic uremic syndromeStefanie Strobel
Junior Research Group Cellular Immunobiology, Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology, Hans Knöll Institute, Jena, Germany
Kidney Int 80:397-404. 2011..Analysis of the IgG fractions in CFHR1-deficient patients found that CFHR1-IgG complexes were formed during plasma exchange treatment, indicating that autoantibodies recognize CFHR1 in vivo...
- Prediction value of model for end-stage liver disease scoring system on prognosis in patients with acute-on-chronic hepatitis B liver failure after plasma exchange and lamivudine treatmentJian Wu Yu
Department of Infectious Diseases, Second Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:1242-9. 2008..disease (MELD) scoring system to predict the 3-month prognosis of patients with acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF) after plasma exchange (PE) and lamivudine treatment, and studied the predictive factors on the prognosis of patients.
- Eculizumab in atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome: long-term clinical course and histological findingsSibylle Tschumi
Division of Paediatric Nephrology, Children s Hospital, University of Bern, 3010 Berne, Switzerland
Pediatr Nephrol 26:2085-8. 2011..The prognosis for patients with aHUS is poor, and plasma exchange represents the first-line therapy...
- Disseminated intravascular coagulation due to cytomegalovirus infection in an immunocompetent adult treated with plasma exchangeTimothy B Niewold
Department of Rheumatology, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York 10021, USA
Am J Hematol 81:454-7. 2006..coagulation (DIC) due to acute cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection and was successfully treated with plasma exchange. Extensive investigations revealed no other cause for her DIC, and she did not have any recurrence after more ..
- Potential benefits of plasma exchange by apheresis on the treatment of severe Icteric Leptospirosis: case report and literature reviewCésar Cerdas-Quesada
Universidad Nacional de Rosario e Instituto Universitario Italiano de Rosario, Rosario, Argentina
Transfus Apher Sci 45:191-4. 2011..This case report show how plasma exchange prevents the multiorganic failure.
- Treatment of optic neuritis by plasma exchange (add-on) in neuromyelitis opticaHarold Merle
Service d Ophtalmologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Fort de France, Hopital Pierre Zobda Quitman, Martinique, France
Arch Ophthalmol 130:858-62. 2012To assess the contribution of plasma exchange (PE) in association (add-on) with pulsed intravenous corticosteroids in acute optic neuritis of neuromyelitis optica (NMO) and limited forms of NMO.
- Plasma exchange improves graft survival in patients with recurrent focal glomerulosclerosis after renal transplantJereon K J Deegens
Department of Medicine, University Medical Center of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Transpl Int 17:151-7. 2004..b>Plasma exchange (PE) can reduce proteinuria and even induce complete remission of proteinuria...
- Therapeutic plasma exchange in patients with severe hypertriglyceridemia: a multicenter studyClaudia Stefanutti
University of Rome La Sapienza, Umberto I Hospital, Department of Clinical and Medical Therapy, Plasmapheresis Unit, Rome, Italy
Artif Organs 33:1096-102. 2009..conventional medical therapy (fat-free diet plus pharmaceutical interventions) were referred for therapeutic plasma exchange (TPE) in a multicenter frame case series study...
- The role of antibodies in multiple sclerosisMartin S Weber
Department of Neurology, Technische Universität Müchen, Munich, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1812:239-45. 2011..of a pathogenic role for antibodies in MS is nevertheless empirically supported by the clinical benefit of plasma exchange in patients with histologic signs of antibody deposition within the CNS...
- Plasma exchange in severe spinal attacks associated with neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorderM Bonnan
Service de Neurologie, Hôpital Zobda Quitman, 97261 Fort de France, Martinique, French West Indies
Mult Scler 15:487-92. 2009b>Plasma exchange (PE) is increasingly undertaken in diseases involving humoral factors and is proven to be beneficial in acute demyelinating diseases...
- Conventional apheresis therapies: a reviewDavid M Ward
Division of Nephrology, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
J Clin Apher 26:230-8. 2011..Therapeutic white cell reduction (leukapheresis), platelet reduction (thrombocytapheresis) and red cell exchange (erythrocytapheresis) require centrifugal apheresis systems...
- Plasma exchange for refractory Kawasaki diseaseTomoyuki Imagawa
Department of Paediatrics, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, 236 0004 Yokohama, Japan
Eur J Pediatr 163:263-4. 2004
- Maintenance of kidney function following treatment with eculizumab and discontinuation of plasma exchange after a third kidney transplant for atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome associated with a CFH mutationJean Claude Davin
Paediatric Nephrology Department, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Centre of Amsterdam, Amsterdam Zuid Oost, The Netherlands
Am J Kidney Dis 55:708-11. 2010..Long-term prophylactic plasma exchange and combined liver-kidney transplant have prevented graft loss caused by recurrence...
- Adjuvant therapeutic plasma exchange in liver failure: assessments of clinical and laboratory parametersMehmet Bektas
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Gastroenterol 42:517-21. 2008Therapeutic plasma exchange (TPE) seems to be an effective approach for clearing toxins, immune-mediated antigens, and other particles from the circulation...
- The use of theraputic plasma exchange (TPE) in the setting of refractory burn shockLucas P Neff
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Department of General Surgery, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Burns 36:372-8. 2010This study examines the physiologic effects of theraputic plasma exchange (TPE) in the setting of refractory burn shock and attempts to identify variables that correlate with the eventual need for TPE.
- Treatment of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody associated vasculitis: a systematic reviewXavier Bosch
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
JAMA 298:655-69. 2007..Long-term treatment and disease-related morbidity are major threats. The last decade has seen a collaborative international effort to determine effective treatment...
- [Plasma exchange therapy for steroid-unresponsive multiple sclerosis relapses: clinical experience with 16 patients]S Schilling
Institut für Multiple Sklerose Forschung, Bereich Humanmedizin der Universität Göttingen und Gemeinnützige Hertie Stiftung
Nervenarzt 77:430-8. 2006..MS) relapses which do not respond sufficiently to corticosteroids can undergo escalating immunotherapy with plasma exchange. We review the course of 14 apheresis cycles in 13 adult patients and three pediatric cases from our center ..
- Plasma therapy in atypical haemolytic uremic syndrome: lessons from a family with a factor H mutationJean Claude Davin
Pediatric Nephrology, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Centre, 9 Meibergdreef, 1105, Amsterdam Z O, The Netherlands
Pediatr Nephrol 23:1517-21. 2008Whilst randomised control trials are undoubtedly the best way to demonstrate whether plasma exchange or infusion alone is the best first-line treatment for patients with atypical haemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), individual case reports ..
- Plasma exchange in neuroimmunological disorders: Part 1: Rationale and treatment of inflammatory central nervous system disordersHelmar C Lehmann
Department of Neurology, Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Arch Neurol 63:930-5. 2006b>Plasma exchange is a well-established therapeutic procedure commonly used in many neurological disorders of autoimmune etiology...
- Plasma exchange for severe optic neuritis: treatment of 10 patientsK Ruprecht
Clinical Research Unit for Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology, Julius Maximilians University, Josef Schneider Str 11, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Neurology 63:1081-3. 2004The authors reviewed a series of 10 consecutive patients treated with plasma exchange (PE) for acute, severe optic neuritis (ON) largely unresponsive to previous high-dose IV glucocorticosteroids...
- Disease modifying therapies in multiple sclerosis: report of the Therapeutics and Technology Assessment Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology and the MS Council for Clinical Practice GuidelinesD S Goodin
Neurology 58:169-78. 2002
- Plasma exchange for severe attacks of inflammatory demyelinating diseases of the central nervous systemB G Weinshenker
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Clin Apher 16:39-42. 2001b>Plasma exchange has not been widely accepted as a treatment for multiple sclerosis...
- Chances of renal recovery for dialysis-dependent ANCA-associated glomerulonephritisRobert A F de Lind van Wijngaarden
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, Leiden, Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:2189-97. 2007..diagnosis received uniform, standard immunosuppressive therapy plus either intravenous methylprednisolone or plasma exchange. Eleven clinical and histologic variables were assessed...
- Plasma exchange with immunosuppression in pulmonary alveolar haemorrhage due to leptospirosisSamir V Trivedi
Department of Medicine, Government Medical College, Surat, India
Indian J Med Res 131:429-33. 2010..As other immune pulmonary haemorrhages due to non leptospiral causes are treated with plasma exchange and cyclophosphamide we evaluated their efficacy in patient with leptospiral pulmonary haemorrhage.
- Plasma exchange as rescue therapy in multiple organ failure including acute renal failureBernd G Stegmayr
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Medicinkliniken, University Hospital, SE 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Crit Care Med 31:1730-6. 2003To describe the outcome of using a rescue therapy including plasma exchange given to patients with a progressive acute disseminated intravascular coagulation and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome.
- The rescue effect of plasma exchange for neuromyelitis opticaKai Chen Wang
Section of Neurology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chin Shin Rehabilitation Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Neurosci 18:43-6. 2011..There are only a few reports of plasma exchange (PE) as an effective rescue treatment when high-dose steroid therapy fails in exacerbations of NMO...
- Effect of plasma exchange in accelerating natalizumab clearance and restoring leukocyte functionB O Khatri
Regional Multiple Sclerosis Center and Center for Neurological Disorders, Aurora St Luke s Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Neurology 72:402-9. 2009..Treatment of PML requires immune reconstitution. Plasma exchange (PLEX) may accelerate mAb clearance, restoring the function of inhibited proteins and increasing the number ..
- Plasma exchange or immunoadsorption in patients with rapidly progressive crescentic glomerulonephritis. A Swedish multi-center studyB G Stegmayr
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital of Umea, Sweden
Int J Artif Organs 22:81-7. 1999A therapeutic removal of antibodies may be achieved by immunoadsorption (IA) or by plasma exchange (PE)...
- Plasma exchange as a therapeutic option in patients with neurologic symptoms due to antibodies to voltage-gated potassium channels: a report of five cases and review of the literatureElizabeth A Jaben
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Clinical Pathology, Mayo Clinic Hospital, Phoenix, AZ, USA
J Clin Apher 27:267-73. 2012..A record review identified five patients with laboratory evidence of antibodies to VGKC who underwent plasma exchange (PE) as part of their immunosuppressive therapy for neurologic disease...
- Plasma exchange in a patient with primary antiphospholipid syndrome undergoing kidney transplantationAmelia Ruffatti
Transpl Int 20:475-7. 2007
- Therapeutic plasma exchange for the treatment of anti-NMDA receptor encephalitisHuy P Pham
Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Apher 26:320-5. 2011..Four female patients had ovarian teratomas, which were removed as part of their treatment. Therapeutic plasma exchange (TPE) was used as one of the treatment modalities in addition to immunosuppressive therapy, including ..
- Successful treatment with plasma exchange in adult-onset Still's disease with hyper-IL-18-naemia and hyperallergic stateTomoki Ito
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kansai Medical University, 10 15 Fumizono cho, Moriguchi, Osaka 570 8506, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 18:407-10. 2008..His serum levels of interleukin-10 and 18 showed a similar trend to his disease activity. Drug lymphocyte stimulation tests were positive for three drugs in the patient. Hypercytokinaemia was controlled by plasma exchange therapy.
- An evaluation of cyclosporin and corticosteroids individually as adjuncts to plasma exchange in the treatment of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpuraSpero R Cataland
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Br J Haematol 136:146-9. 2007..cohort studies that evaluated the clinical effects of corticosteroids or cyclosporin as an adjunct to plasma exchange (PE) for the treatment of an acute episode of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)...
- Anti-CD20 antibody in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura refractory to plasma exchangeK V Chow
Department of Nephrology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Intern Med J 37:329-32. 2007..While plasma exchange has reduced mortality from more than 90% to between 10 and 30%, a proportion of cases fail to respond...
- Rituximab as an adjunct to plasma exchange in TTP: a report of 12 cases and review of literatureSushama Jasti
Division of Hematology Oncology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, USA
J Clin Apher 23:151-6. 2008..We report a retrospective review of 12 patients treated with rituximab for TTP refractory to plasma exchange. Eleven patients were treated during initial presentation, and one patient was treated for recurrent relapse...
- Successful hemoperfusion and plasma exchange in acute hepatic failure due to snake bile intoxicationShyh Ming Hong
Department of Nephrology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
Chang Gung Med J 31:207-11. 2008..In summary, we suggest that blood purification procedures should be done as soon as possible for snake gallbladder-related fulminant hepatitis due to its high mortality rate...
- Plasma exchange for renal vasculitis and idiopathic rapidly progressive glomerulonephritis: a meta-analysisMichael Walsh
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Kidney Dis 57:566-74. 2011b>Plasma exchange may be effective adjunctive treatment for renal vasculitis. We performed a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials of plasma exchange for renal vasculitis.
- Human immunodeficiency virus associated thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura--favourable outcome with plasma exchange and prompt initiation of highly active antiretroviral therapyDaniel Hart
Department of Haematology, St Bartholomew s and the London Hospital, London, UK
Br J Haematol 153:515-9. 2011..Prompt initiation/re-initiation of HAART in parallel with plasma exchange (PEX)±steroid led to prompt remission. Adjunct immunomodulatory agents (e.g...
- A phase 2 study of the safety and efficacy of rituximab with plasma exchange in acute acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpuraMarie Scully
Department of Haematology, University College London Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Blood 118:1746-53. 2011..Rituximab should be considered in conjunction with standard therapy on acute presentation of TTP. This study was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT009-3713...
- A case report on the role of plasma exchange in the management of a massive amlodipine besylate intoxicationChristian Ezidiegwu
Department of Pathology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Ther Apher Dial 12:180-4. 2008Therapeutic plasma exchange is a procedure used to remove pathologic substances from a patient's blood that has proven useful in some cases of drug overdose...
- Infliximab plus plasma exchange rescue therapy in Kawasaki diseaseKaori Sonoda
Department of Pediatrics, Yokohama City University, School of Medicine Yokohama, Japan
J Pediatr 164:1128-1132.e1. 2014..infliximab (IFX) in patients with Kawasaki disease (KD) that was unresponsive to additional intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) therapy and subsequent rescue with supplementary plasma exchange (PE) in patients unresponsive to treatment.
- [Plasma exchange support therapy in icterohemorrhagic leptospirosis]Carlos Homs
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 21:166-7. 2003
- Thrombocytopenic purpura and cardiomyopathy in pregnancy reversed by combined plasma exchange and infusionElizabeth M Cosmai
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Miami and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Florida, USA
Eur J Haematol 68:239-42. 2002..The suspicion of TTP was raised, and plasma exchange was begun by the third hospital day...
- Effect of plasma exchange on the circulating IL-6 levels in a patient with fatal hemophagocytic syndrome associated with bile ductopeniaKyung Soon Song
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ther Apher Dial 10:87-9. 2006..Liver biopsy showed centrilobular cholestasis with lack of interlobular bile duct. Repeated therapeutic plasma exchange was effective for decreasing serum bilirubin and interleukin-6 levels...
- Long-term survivors with artificial liver support in fulminant hepatic failureMasakazu Nitta
Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Ther Apher 6:208-12. 2002..Thus, further investigation will be needed to establish a consensus on indications for long-term ALS in FHF...
- Artificial liver support at present and in the futureKazuhiko Onodera
Department of Surgery, Sapporo Hokuyu Hospital, Research Institute for Artificial Organs, Transplantation and Gene Therapy, 6 6 5 1 Higashi Sapporo, Shiroishi ku, Sapporo, 003 0006, Japan
J Artif Organs 9:17-28. 2006..Practically speaking, we believe that plasma exchange (PE) and continuous hemodiafiltration (CHDF) are the most effective therapies for the treatment of liver ..
- Factors associated with the effectiveness of plasma exchange for the treatment of NMO-IgG-positive neuromyelitis optica spectrum disordersYoung Min Lim
Department of Neurology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Mult Scler 19:1216-8. 2013To identify factors associated with plasma exchange response in neuromyelitis optica (NMO) spectrum disorders, the clinical and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) features of 31 NMO-IgG-positive patients receiving plasma exchange for ..
- Artificial liver support system in China: a review over the last 30 yearsLan Juan Li
Key Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, Ministry of Public Health, Department of Infectious Disease, The First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Ther Apher Dial 10:160-7. 2006..Following 10 years of development in China, a plasma exchange (PE)-centered artificial liver support system (ALSS), principally dependent on PE technology was developed...
- Plasma exchange for acute attacks of CNS demyelination: Predictors of improvement at 6 monthsS Llufriu
Neurology Service, Hospital Clinic, Universitat de Barcelona and Institut d Investigació Biomèdica August Pi i Sunyer, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Neurology 73:949-53. 2009b>Plasma exchange (PE) is used to treat severe episodes of CNS demyelination unresponsive to corticosteroids. Predictors of long-term response are not well known.
- Comparison of citrate anticoagulation during plasma exchange with different replacement solutionsManja Antonic
Department of Nephrology, University Medical Center Ljubljana, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Ther Apher Dial 13:322-6. 2009..study was to compare the application of regional citrate anticoagulation and citrate-related side-effects in plasma exchange (PE) with different replacement solutions...
- Sonoclot coagulation analysis and plasma exchange in a case of meningococcal septicaemiaU Schott
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Orebro Medical Center Hospital, Sweden
Can J Anaesth 42:64-8. 1995..the diagnostic potential of a clot impedance test - Sonoclot coagulation analysis - was used to evaluate plasma exchange. A 17-yr-old girl was treated for a fulminant infection with Neisseria meningitidis in our intensive care ..
- Plasma exchange for Guillain-Barré syndromeJean Claude Raphael
Hopital Raymond Poincare, Garches, France
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 7:CD001798. 2012..Guillain-Barré syndrome is an acute paralysing disease caused by peripheral nerve inflammation. This is an update of a review first published in 2001 and last updated in 2008...
- A case report of successful treatment with plasma exchange for hemophagocytic syndrome associated with severe systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis in an infant girlHyogo Nakakura
Department of Pediatrics, Osaka Medical College, Osaka, Japan
Ther Apher Dial 13:71-6. 2009..refractory to methylprednisolone pulse therapy and cyclosporine A administration, was successfully treated by plasma exchange. The patient was a one-year-old Japanese girl who had developed recurrent steroid-dependent signs, including ..
- Plasma exchange: why we do what we doMark E Brecher
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Transfusion Medicine Service, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
J Clin Apher 17:207-11. 2002
- The role of therapeutic plasma exchange in the catastrophic antiphospholipid syndromeImad Uthman
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, American University of Beirut Medical Center AUBMC, Hamra Street, Beirut 1107 2802, Lebanon
Transfus Apher Sci 33:11-7. 2005..The optimal treatment regimen for CAPS is unknown. To evaluate the benefit of therapeutic plasma exchange (TPE) therapy in CAPS, we undertook a computer-assisted (MEDLINE, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD) ..
- Acute neurological involvement in diarrhea-associated hemolytic uremic syndromeSylvie Nathanson
Pediatric Unit, Hôpital Mignot, 177 rue de Versailles, F 78150 le Chesnay, France
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:1218-28. 2010..Neurologic involvement is the most threatening complication of diarrhea-associated hemolytic uremic syndrome (D+HUS)...
- Plasma exchange for anti GAD associated non paraneoplastic limbic encephalitisGustavo Mazzi
Servizio di Immunoematologia e Medicina Trasfusionale, Azienda Ospedaliera Santa Maria degli Angeli Via Montereale 24, 33170 Pordenone, Italy
Transfus Apher Sci 39:229-33. 2008..The use of therapeutic plasma exchange (TPE) has resulted in an improvement in symptoms with quite a long disease-free period of time...
- Plasma exchange and immunoadsorption for autoimmune neurologic diseases - current guidelines and future perspectivesReinhard Klingel
Apheresis Research Institute, Cologne, Germany
Atheroscler Suppl 10:129-32. 2009..b>Plasma exchange (PE) as the classical method has become part of current guidelines within basic and escalating ..
- Plasma exchange conditioning for ABO-incompatible renal transplantationJ L Winters
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Transfusion Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Clin Apher 19:79-85. 2004..Isoagglutinin titers and scores were determined before and after each plasma exchange. Transplant outcomes were determined. Twenty-six ABO-incompatible transplants were performed...
- The course of ADAMTS-13 activity and inhibitor titre in the treatment of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura with plasma exchange and vincristineMartina Bohm
Department of Internal Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Br J Haematol 129:644-52. 2005The therapeutic efficacy of plasma exchange (PE) in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) is attributed to the restoration in ADAMTS-13 (a disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motif-13) activity by substitution of ..
- Effect of different LDL-apheresis methods on parameters involved in atherosclerosisTiberiu Hershcovici
Lipid Unit, and Department of Medicine A, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tikva, Israel
J Clin Apher 19:90-7. 2004..The present study compared three apheresis methods--DSA, DALI, and plasma exchange--for effectiveness in removal of LDL and effect on various blood parameters involved in atherogenesis...
- Retrospective study of plasma exchange in children with systemic lupus erythematosusElizabeth C Wright
Renal Unit, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Great Ormond Street, London, WC1 N 3JH, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 19:1108-14. 2004A retrospective review of patients was conducted to evaluate the short-term effect of therapeutic plasma exchange (TPE) in children with active systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Effect of plasma exchange on hepatocyte oxidative stress, mitochondria function, and apoptosis in patients with acute fatty liver of pregnancyWanxin Tang
Divisions of Nephrology Gastroenterology, West China Hospital of Sichuan University Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West China Second Hospital of Sichuan University, Guo Xue Alley 37, Sichuan, China
Artif Organs 36:E39-47. 2012..Traditional therapy is inadequate for patients with severe conditions so the application of plasma exchange (PE) has been attempted...
- Effectiveness of combining plasma exchange with continuous hemodiafiltration on acute Fatty liver of pregnancy complicated by multiple organ dysfunctionYu Feng Chu
Department of Medical Intensive Care Unit, Provincial Hospital Shandong University, Shandong Tumor Hospital, No 324 Jingwu Road, Jinan, China
Artif Organs 36:530-4. 2012..The application of combining plasma exchange (PE) and continuous hemodiafiltration (CHDF) is a novel concept for patients with AFLP...
- Frequency and significance of schistocytes in TTP/HUS patients at the discontinuation of plasma exchange therapyJennifer A Egan
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Clin Apher 19:165-7. 2004..Standard of care is daily plasma exchange, which is typically discontinued when the platelet count exceeds 100-150 x 10(9)/L for 2 days...
- Lesion pathology predicts response to plasma exchange in secondary progressive MSU K Zettl
Department of Neurology, University of Rostock, Gehlsheimer Strasse 20, D 18147 Rostock, Germany
Neurology 67:1515-6. 2006
- Plasma exchange in severe hypertriglyceridemia a clinical studyGurhan Kadikoylu
Adnan Menderes University Medical Faculty, Division of Hematology, Tip Fakultesi, Ic Hastaliklari AD, Aydin, Turkey
Transfus Apher Sci 34:253-7. 2006..Hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia are independent risk factors for atherosclerotic heart diseases. Moreover acute pancreatitis may occur in patients with severe hypertriglyceridemia...
- Treatment of thrombotic microangiopathies with plasma exchangeNikolina Basic-Jukic
Department of Dialysis, University Hospital Centre Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Hematology 12:63-7. 2007..analysis sought to determine the clinical characteristics and outcome of patients with TMA treated with plasma exchange at the Department of Dialysis, University Hospital Zagreb...
- Plasma exchange and rituximab in the management of acute occlusive retinal vasculopathy secondary to systemic lupus erythematosusErika Damato
Bristol Eye Hospital, Lower Maudlin Street, Bristol, UK
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 19:379-81. 2011To report a case of acute occlusive retinal vasculopathy secondary to systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) successfully treated with plasma exchange and rituximab
- Artificial liver support system for fulminant hepatic failure as bridge-use to living donor liver transplantationTakafumi Ichida
Intern Med 42:920-1. 2003
- Plasma exchange and intravenous immunoglobulins: mechanism of action in immune-mediated neuropathiesHelmar C Lehmann
Medical Faculty, Department of Neurology, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 231:61-9. 2011..b>Plasma exchange (PE) and intravenous immunoglobulins (IVIg) are mainstays in the treatment of immune-mediated neuropathies...
- Preoperative therapeutic plasma exchange in patients with thyrotoxicosisAli Ezer
Department of General Surgery, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Apher 24:111-4. 2009The purpose of this report was to determine the effectiveness of therapeutic plasma exchange (TPE) in preoperative preparation of patients with thyrotoxicosis scheduled for either thyroid or nonthyroid surgery...
- Changes of serum cytokine levels in patients with acute on chronic liver failure treated by plasma exchangeWei lin Mao
Department of Clinical Laboratory, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Zhejiang, China
J Clin Gastroenterol 45:551-5. 2011Acute on chronic liver failure (AoCLF) is associated with a high mortality rate. Plasma exchange (PE) may be useful to bridge patients with AoCLF to liver transplantation or to regenerate their own livers...
- Management of familial hypertriglyceridemia during pregnancy with plasma exchangePraveen Sivakumaran
Division of Transfusion Medicine, Pathology and Lab Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Clin Apher 24:42-6. 2009..We report the successful use of therapeutic plasma exchange (TPE) in the management of hypertriglyceridemia during pregnancy resulting in avoidance of pancreatitis and ..
- ABO blood type incompatible kidney transplantation without splenectomy prepared with plasma exchange and rituximabT Chikaraishi
Department of Urology, St Marianna University, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
Transplant Proc 40:3445-7. 2008..There were no side effects. All patients have renal transplant function with a follow-up of 1-34 months...
- Cytokine removal by plasma exchange with continuous hemodiafiltration in critically ill patientsHajime Nakae
Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Ther Apher 6:419-24. 2002The effectiveness of plasma exchange (PE) with continuous hemodiafiltration (CHDF) in the treatment of critically ill patients was evaluated based on changes in cytokine levels...
- Is therapeutic plasma exchange indicated for patients with gemcitabine-induced hemolytic uremic syndrome?Ethan McCaleb Gore
University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile, Alabama, USA
J Clin Apher 24:209-14. 2009..we discuss the diagnosis of gemcitabine-induced aHUS (GiHUS) and the published experience with therapeutic plasma exchange (TPE)...
- [Plasma exchange and continuous hemodiafiltration as an initial treatment for diffuse large B-cell lymphoma-associated hemophagocytic syndrome]Norimitsu Yanagiya
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine
Rinsho Ketsueki 43:35-40. 2002..9 mg/dl), ferritin (2,300 ng/ml) and sIL-2 receptor (36,900 U/ml). Plasma exchange (PE) and continuous hemodiafiltration (CHDF) enabled the patient to undergo diagnostic procedures, ..
- Prediction value of model for end-stage liver disease scoring system on prognosis in the acute on chronic liver failure patients with plasma exchange treatmentWeilin Mao
Department of Clinical Laboratory, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, People s Republic of China
ASAIO J 56:475-8. 2010Hepatitis B virus-related acute-on-chronic liver failure (AoCLF) is associated with a high mortality rate. Plasma exchange (PE) is useful to bridge patients with AoCLF to liver transplantation or recovery...
- A case report of successful treatment with plasma exchange for adult-onset Still's disease with autoimmune hepatitisLin Lin Liu
Department of Nephrology, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, People s Republic of China
J Clin Apher 25:74-6. 2010..AIH may be an indicator of the poor prognosis of AOSD. Herein we describe a case of successful treatment with plasma exchange for AOSD-associated AIH.
- Predictors of complications in therapeutic plasma exchangeCarsten P Bramlage
Department of Medicine, Nephrology and Rheumatology, Georg August University Gottingen, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
J Clin Apher 24:225-31. 2009b>Plasma exchange (PE) is used for blood purification to modulate proteins involved in pathological processes...
- Efficacy and safety of first-line rituximab in severe, acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura with a suboptimal response to plasma exchange. Experience of the French Thrombotic Microangiopathies Reference CenterAntoine Froissart
Service d Hématologie Clinique et de Thérapie Cellulaire, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, UPMC Univ Paris 6, Paris, France
Crit Care Med 40:104-11. 2012..To assess the efficacy and safety of rituximab in adults responding poorly to standard treatment for severe autoimmune thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura...
- SELECTIVE PLASMA EXCHANGE THERAPYJacek Rozga; Fiscal Year: 2003..Of all the strategies employed to date for the development of blood detoxification systems, only total plasma exchange therapy was shown to be clinically effective in reversing hepatic coma and improving blood coagulopathy...
- PANDAS and Strep Infection: Are they Linked?Roger Kurlan; Fiscal Year: 2004..Disproving the PANDAS hypothesis would prevent the use of expensive and potentially dangerous therapies (e.g., plasma exchange, immune globulin, antibiotics) that have been proposed for PANDAS patients.
- Modeling Immune Desensitization in Renal TransplantationMartin S Zand; Fiscal Year: 2013..IMDS proto- cols combine several therapies: (i) removal of circulating DSA by therapeutic plasma exchange (PLEX) (ii) pooled intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) therapy to alter the fractional catabolism of DSA, (iii) ..
- Alloantibodies in Cardiac Transplantation - Intervention, Outcomes and MechanismsSteven A Webber; Fiscal Year: 2012..The protocol will involve intra- and post- operative plasma exchange/pheresis and a uniform immunosuppressive protocol...
- Plasma Exchange and Glucocorticoids for Treatment of ANCA-Associated VasculitisPeter A Merkel; Fiscal Year: 2011..b>Plasma exchange, a method of removing potentially pathogenic antibodies, coagulation factors and inflammatory mediators has ..
- A Phase II Trial of Rituximab In Myasthenia GravisRichard Nowak; Fiscal Year: 2013..acetylcholinesterase inhibitors and immunotherapy such as corticosteroids, azathioprine, cyclosporine, and plasma exchange (PLEX) and intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg)...
- Novel Therapeutics for Acquired Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic PurpuraX Long Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2013..Acquired TTP is mainly caused by autoantibodies that inhibit ADAMTS13 enzyme. Plasma exchange is the only effective therapy available to date...
- Ph 3 of Cyclosporine or Corticosteroids Adjunct to Plasma Exhcange in Tx of TTPHaifeng M Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..study entitled "A Multi-Center, Randomized Study of Cyclosporine (CSA) or Corticosteroids as an Adjunct to Plasma Exchange (PE) in Initial Therapy of TTP." (Neoral, IND# 78,687)...
- "Development of a Laboratory Test for TTP"Christopher Hillyer; Fiscal Year: 2003..go undiagnosed, while others are misdiagnosed and subjected to costly therapy including daily therapeutic plasma exchange (about $1500 per treatment, 4 hrs per treatment x 7-14 days), that utilizes fresh frozen plasma as the plasma ..
- IMMUNE RESPONSE TO BREAST DUCTAL CARCINOMA IN SITUScott Pruitt; Fiscal Year: 1999..Should these techniques fail to deplete NAbs, plasma exchange or xenogeneic organ perfusion will be utilized in an effort to reduce NAb levels and prolong guinea pig ..
- A Prospective Longitudinal Study of PANDASJames Leckman; Fiscal Year: 2005..patients with tic disorders and/or OCD; (2) enlarged basal ganglia in PANDAS cases; and (3) the finding that plasma exchange and intravenous immunoglobulin treatment are effective in reducing symptoms in PANDAS cases, this ..
- SECOND IMMUNOGLOULIN DOSE GBS TRIAL (SIDGBS TRIAL)David Cornblath; Fiscal Year: 1999Until recently, plasma exchange was the gold standard treatment for patients with Guillain-Barr syndrome (GBS)...
- PLASMA EXCHANGE IN SEVERE DEMYELINATING DISEASEBrian Weinshenker; Fiscal Year: 1999..Following dramatic success with plasma exchange in their uncontrolled experience, the investigators propose to conduct a double-blind, placebo controlled, ..
- Clinical Research Training InstituteJames George; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is through this near one to one ratio with the trainees that ASH intends to foster and sustain interest in clinical hematologic research and thereby help stimulate the career development of future clinical researchers in hematology. ..
- 2006 Clinical Research Training InstituteJames George; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Experimental Dysautonomia: Pathogenesis and TreatmentSteven Vernino; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Systems Engineering of Pheresis Intervention for SepsisJohn Kellum; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will also call on the expertise of two companies, one specializing in adsorbent polymer technology (MedaSorb Technologies, LLC) and the other in complex systems modeling (Immunetrics, Inc.). ..
- Biological Markers of Recovery for the KidneyJohn A Kellum; Fiscal Year: 2010..For analyses requiring serial samples and urine samples, we propose to study a subset of trial patients enrolled at 5 sites who consent to additional sample collection (208 patients) ..
- Phase 3 stem cell transplant for light chain amyloidosisMorie A Gertz; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, the analysis of clonal precursor B cells in the periphery and kinetics of amyloid formation of the monoclonal light chain will allow us to define and determine the mechanisms of disease progression and response to therapy. ..
- RHINOVIRUS MEDIATED TRANSCRIPTION IN AIRWAY INFLAMMATIONBruce Zuraw; Fiscal Year: 2002..These results will provide a necessary foundation for additional investigations into downstream inflammatory consequences of rhinovirus infection as well as potential targets for new intervention strategies. ..
- ANGIOSTATIN--MOLECULAR MECHANISMS AND INTERACTIONSDAVID SANE; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will lead to a better understanding of the mechanisms of angiogenesis inhibition by angiostatin. ..
- VLA4 IN CTL MEDIATED ISLET ALLOGRAFT REJECTIONMark Stegall; Fiscal Year: 2001..The approach may lead to novel forms of immune suppression that may benefit not only islet transplantation, but also other types of organ allografts. ..
- Henoch Schonlein Purpura and Corticosteroid TreatmentPAMELA WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Structure and Function of ADAMTS13 MetalloproteaseX Long Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Interferon Gamma Polymorphisms and Gender Bias in MSBrian Weinshenker; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this paradigm could be applied to a number of similar genetic association studies. ..
- Polymorphisms of Antiphospholipid Protein AntigensJoan Merrill; Fiscal Year: 2005..Additionally, the study of differences in interactions between these coagulation proteins conferred by common, inherited polymorphisms will have intrinsic value, not limited to the antiphospholipid syndrome. ..
- Immune Parameters in a Steroid Sparing Clinical TrialNancy Reinsmoen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, the overall study is designed to use immune parameters to identify recipients at low vs. high risk for poor graft outcome, thereby allowing for individualization of immunosuppression aimed at improving long-term graft outcome. ..
- Family Based Treatment of Early Childhood OCDHenrietta Leonard; Fiscal Year: 2004..At the end of the study, a final revised, comprehensive, manualized treatment protocol would be completed which could be tested in large efficacy and effectiveness studies. ..
- SPORADIC MECHANISM OF THE ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROMEJoan Merrill; Fiscal Year: 2001..Therefore, possible modulation by sex-hormones of interactions between these proteins will be addressed in this application. ..
- Cognitive Effects of Cerebellar Lesions in HumansJEREMY SCHMAHMANN; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study has implications for the recognition and treatment of disorders of higher order function in cerebellar patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GILZ Controls TLR-Induced NF-kB Activity In Acute AsthmaBruce Zuraw; Fiscal Year: 2008..We anticipate that this proposal will provide novel and clinically relevant data regarding the mechanisms of acute asthma exacerbations. ..
- ADAMTS13 Deficiency in TTPHan Mou Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2008..The use of plasma exchange has improved the survival rate of the disease from <10% to 80% -90%...
- Inhibitors of ADAMTS313 and Outcome of TTPHan Mou Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2004..The incidence is estimated to be 4-30 cases/million/year. Plasma exchange has been the mainstay of treatment for TTP, preventing a fatal outcome in 70%-90% of the cases...