Genomes and Genes
Summary: The transfer of blood platelets from a donor to a recipient or reinfusion to the donor.
Publications243 found, 100 shown here
- Platelet immunopathology and therapy: a Canadian Blood Services Research and Development SymposiumAlan T Tinmouth
Adult Region Hemophilia Bleeding Disorders Comprehensive Care Clinic, Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Transfus Med Rev 20:294-314. 2006
- Optimizing the use of blood products in trauma careJohn R Hess
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Crit Care 9:S10-4. 2005..Less developed trauma systems are primarily concerned with speeding transport to specialized facilities and assembling trauma center resources. This article reviews the factors that effect blood use in urgent trauma care...
- Platelet transfusion in the management of severe thrombocytopenia in neonatal intensive care unit patientsN A Murray
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Queen Charlotte s and Chelsea Hospital, London, UK
Transfus Med 12:35-41. 2002..To address this we conducted a retrospective review of platelet transfusion practice in patients developing severe thrombocytopenia over 3 years in a single NICU...
- Platelet transfusion practices among neonatologists in the United States and Canada: results of a surveyCassandra D Josephson
Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Services at Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 123:278-85. 2009In the absence of scientific evidence, current neonatal platelet transfusion practices are based on physicians' preferences, expert advice, or consensus-driven recommendations...
- Prospective observational study of low thresholds for platelet transfusion in adult dengue patientsLaurent Thomas
Service des Urgences, Hopital Pierre Zobda Quitman, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Fort de France, Martinique
Transfusion 49:1400-11. 2009..Because many patients were found to have received unnecessary PLT transfusions, the development of guidelines for the management of dengue patients with thrombocytopenia has become a necessity...
- In vitro megakaryocyte production and platelet biogenesis: state of the artJo Anna Reems
Puget Sound Blood Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Transfus Med Rev 24:33-43. 2010....
- Measurement of the absolute immature platelet number reflects marrow production and is not impacted by platelet transfusionTaha Bat
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and BloodInstitute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Transfusion 53:1201-4. 2013..The measurement of immature circulating PLTs based on RNA content using an automated counter is now feasible. This study evaluated the impact of recent PLT transfusion on measurement of immature PLT variables...
- Therapeutic platelet transfusion versus routine prophylactic transfusion in patients with haematological malignancies: an open-label, multicentre, randomised studyHannes Wandt
Medical Clinic 5, Haematology and Oncology, Klinikum Nuremberg, Nuremberg, Germany
Lancet 380:1309-16. 2012Routine prophylactic platelet transfusion is the standard of care for patients with severe thrombocytopenia...
- Platelet transfusion improves liver function in patients with chronic liver disease and cirrhosisTakehito Maruyama
Department of Surgery, Division of Gastroenterological and Hepatobiliary Surgery, and Organ Transplantation, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 229:213-20. 2013..Thus, to investigate whether platelet transfusion improves liver function in patients with CLD and cirrhosis, we conducted an exploratory clinical trial...
- Prophylactic platelet transfusion for prevention of bleeding in patients with haematological disorders after chemotherapy and stem cell transplantationLise Estcourt
Haematology Transfusion Medicine, NHS Blood and Transplant, Oxford, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 5:CD004269. 2012..Although considerable advances have been made in platelet transfusion therapy in the last 40 years, some areas continue to provoke debate especially concerning the use of ..
- Origins of platelet transfusion therapyEmil J Freireich
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Transfus Med Rev 25:252-6. 2011..Platelet replacement for thrombocytopenia prevents the hemorrhagic diathesis and has been universally practiced for over 50 years...
- Platelet transfusion refractoriness in highly immunized beta thalassemia children undergoing stem cell transplantationSarah Marktel
Pediatric Immunohematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Pediatr Transplant 14:393-401. 2010Immune-mediated refractoriness to platelet transfusion is a major problem in patients undergoing HSCT...
- Platelet transfusion during liver transplantation is associated with increased postoperative mortality due to acute lung injuryIlona T A Pereboom
Department of Surgery, Section Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Anesth Analg 108:1083-91. 2009..In this study, we analyzed the specific causes of mortality and graft loss in relation to platelet transfusions during OLT...
- Autogenous injectable bone for regeneration with mesenchymal stem cells and platelet-rich plasma: tissue-engineered bone regenerationYoichi Yamada
Center for Genetic and Regenerative Medicine, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Tissue Eng 10:955-64. 2004..4 +/- 3.38% (PCBM), and 67.3 +/- 2.06% (dMSCs/PRP). There were significant differences between the PCBM, dMSCs/PRP, and control groups. These results demonstrate that the dMSCs/PRP mixture is useful as a osteogenic bone substitute...
- Automatic detection of immature platelets for decision making regarding platelet transfusion indications for pediatric patientsKatsuyasu Saigo
Blood Transfusion Division, Kobe University Hospital, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Transfus Apher Sci 38:127-32. 2008..Our results indicate that IPF should be considered a useful marker of imminent platelet recovery so that unnecessary platelet transfusion can be avoided.
- Development of a novel large animal model of ischemic heart failure using autologous platelet aggregatesPawel Kwiatkowski
Department of Surgery, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH, USA
Int J Artif Organs 33:63-71. 2010..We propose a novel animal model of ischemic cardiomyopathy developed by sequential direct injections of autologous platelet aggregates into the coronary circulation resulting in development of ischemic cardiac insufficiency...
- Strategies of bacteria screening in cellular blood componentsThomas Montag
Paul Ehrlich Institute, Section Microbial Safety, Langen, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 46:926-32. 2008..Considering the sum of different aspects including the supply of patients, the potential improvement of microbial safety of platelet concentrates is comparable in both strategies...
- Utility of platelet transfusion in adult patients with traumatic intracranial hemorrhage and preinjury antiplatelet use: a systematic reviewDaniel K Nishijima
Departments of Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, California 95817 2282, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 72:1658-63. 2012..Some investigators have recommended platelet transfusion to reverse the antiplatelet effects in tICH...
- CD40 ligand (CD154) involvement in platelet transfusion reactionsJ Sahler
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, 601, Elmwood Avenue Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Transfus Clin Biol 19:98-103. 2012....
- Host platelets and, in part, neutrophils mediate lung accumulation of transfused UVB-irradiated human platelets in a mouse model of acute lung injuryXuan Chi
Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, Division of Hematology, OBRR, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e44829. 2012..Neutrophils also recruited a small percentage of platelets to the lung. These findings may help develop therapeutic strategies for ALI which could potentially result from transfusion of UV illuminated platelets...
- Platelet transfusion and survival in adults with acute leukemiaN Blumberg
Leukemia 22:631-5. 2008
- Impact of preoperative right-ventricular function and platelet transfusion on outcome after lung transplantationMarco P Zalunardo
Institute of Anaesthesiology, University Hospital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 39:538-42. 2011..We investigated the impact of poor preoperative right-ventricular function and blood-product use on outcome after lung transplantation...
- Immunomodulatory mediators in platelet transfusion reactionsCraig N Morrell
Department of Medicine, Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2011:470-4. 2011..One of the major roles of platelets is in initiating and accelerating immune responses. Platelet transfusion may be associated with adverse inflammatory outcomes manifested as fever, discomfort, tachycardia, and ..
- Strategies for transfusion therapyDonat R Spahn
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital Lausanne Chuv, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 18:661-73. 2004....
- Platelet transfusion threshold in patients with upper gastrointestinal bleeding: a systematic reviewAnoush Razzaghi
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Gastroenterol 46:482-6. 2012..GOALS AND STUDY: A systematic review was carried out to determine the optimal approach when managing patients with thrombocytopenia in the setting of nonvariceal upper GI bleeding...
- In vivo recovery of human platelets in severe combined immunodeficient mice as a measure of platelet damageJohn T Piper
Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, Division of Hematology, Office of Blood Research and Review, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, United States Food and Drug Administration, 1401 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Transfusion 47:1540-9. 2007..The severe combined immunodeficient (SCID) mice allowed prolonged circulation of human PLTs and were used to detect differences in recovery and survival between chemically damaged, aged PLTs, or normal PLTs...
- The first probable case of platelet transfusion-transmitted visceral leishmaniasisP Mathur
Department of Microbiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Transfus Med 14:319-21. 2004..causing VL, reports of transfusion-transmitted infections are rare. A case of probable platelet transfusion-acquired VL is reported from India and issues related to transfusion safety in endemic areas are discussed.
- Decreased transfusion requirements for patients receiving nonmyeloablative compared with conventional peripheral blood stem cell transplants from HLA-identical siblingsF Weissinger
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and the University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Blood 98:3584-8. 2001Red blood cell (RBC) and platelet transfusion requirements in patients given nonmyeloablative versus conventional peripheral blood stem cell (PBSC) transplants from HLA-matched siblings were compared...
- Platelet utilization in the developing world: strategies to optimize platelet transfusion practicesAnupam Verma
Transfusion Medicine, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow 226014, India
Transfus Apher Sci 41:145-9. 2009..This is in sharp contrast to the fast pace of development in platelet transfusion practice in developed world where platelet substitutes are to become a reality for clinical use in near ..
- Analysis of transfusion reactions associated with prestorage-pooled platelet componentsChristopher A Tormey
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Transfusion 49:1242-7. 2009....
- Improved haematopoietic recovery following transplantation with ex vivo-expanded mobilized blood cellsH Miles Prince
Division of Haematology and Medical Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Center, Melbourne, Australia
Br J Haematol 126:536-45. 2004..There were also fewer platelet transfusions required (43% vs. 100%; P = 0.009). We conclude that EXE cells enhance both neutrophil and platelet recovery and reduce febrile neutropenia, platelet transfusion and hospital re-admission.
- Effectiveness of washed platelet concentrate and red cell transfusions for a patient with anhaptoglobinemia with antihaptoglobin antibodyS Nishiki
Department of Clinical Hematology and Diagnostics, Osaka City University, Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Transfus Med 12:71-3. 2002..No antibodies against human leucocyte antigen (HLA) or platelet-specific antigens were detected. Washed PC and washed red blood cells were effective in preventing the transfusion-related anaphylactoid reactions...
- Platelet transfusion and adverse outcomesEleftherios C Vamvakas
Canadian Blood Services, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON K1 G 4 J5, Canada
Lancet 364:1736-8. 2004
- Optimizing platelet transfusion therapyJoanna Mary Heal
Hematology Oncology Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elwood Avenue, Box 608, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Blood Rev 18:149-65. 2004..that leukoreduced and ABO identical platelet transfusions reduce the risks of HLA alloimmunization and platelet transfusion refractoriness (both leukoreduction and ABO matching), transfusion reactions (leukoreduction) and CMV ..
- Pooled platelet concentrates: an alternative to single donor apheresis platelets?R N I Pietersz
Sanquin Blood Bank North West Region, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Transfus Apher Sci 41:115-9. 2009..In conclusion the final products of LR-PC derived from whole blood or obtained by apheresis can be comparable, provided the critical steps of the processing method are identified and covered and the process is in control...
- Clinical safety of platelets photochemically treated with amotosalen HCl and ultraviolet A light for pathogen inactivation: the SPRINT trialEdward Snyder
Yale University Medical School, Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Transfusion 45:1864-75. 2005..Hemostatic equivalency was demonstrated. The proportion of patients with Grade 2 bleeding was not inferior for PCT PLTs...
- Platelets orchestrate remote tissue damage after mesenteric ischemia-reperfusionPeter H Lapchak
Rheumatology Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 302:G888-97. 2012..that villi and lung damage are reduced in mice made platelet deficient before I/R injury and that platelet transfusion into previously platelet-depleted mice before I/R increased both villi and lung tissue damage...
- Ultraviolet B light-exposed human platelets mediate acute lung injury in a two-event mouse model of transfusionMonique P Gelderman
Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, Division of Hematology, OBRR, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Maryland 20892, USA
Transfusion 51:2343-57. 2011..Clinical trials of UV-treated PLTs in patients with thrombocytopenia generated controversy regarding association of these cells with respiratory distress. We evaluated whether UVB PLTs could mediate ALI in an animal model of ALI...
- Platelet transfusion for patients with cancer: clinical practice guidelines of the American Society of Clinical OncologyC A Schiffer
Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit MI, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:1519-38. 2001..Keywords included platelet transfusion, alloimmunization, hemorrhage, threshold and thrombocytopenia...
- Platelet washing to prevent recurrent febrile reactions to leucocyte-reduced transfusionsT D Vo
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center and Strong Memorial Hospital, NY 14642, USA
Transfus Med 11:45-7. 2001..These results support the hypothesis that substances present in the supernatant of stored platelet concentrates mediate febrile nonhaemolytic transfusion reactions, and provide one strategy for preventing their occurrence...
- Coronary artery bypass grafting in idiopathic thrombocytopenia: use of thromboelastometry without platelet transfusionMichele Rossi
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Royal Sussex University Hospital, Brighton BN2 5BE, United Kingdom
Tex Heart Inst J 37:361-4. 2010..We believe that point-of-care coagulation tests such as thromboelastometry warrant further evaluation regarding their usefulness in the clinical decision of whether to transfuse platelets and other blood products...
- Single-donor platelets reduce the risk of septic platelet transfusion reactionsP Ness
Departments of Pathology and Oncology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Transfusion 41:857-61. 2001Septic platelet transfusion reactions (SPTRs) are the most common, serious risk of transfusion...
- Platelet transfusion refractoriness associated with HPA-1a (Pl(A1)) alloantibody without coexistent HLA antibodies successfully treated with antigen-negative platelet transfusionsP A Pappalardo
Division of Transfusion Medicine, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Transfusion 41:984-7. 2001BACKGROUND: Alloimmune-mediated refractoriness to platelet transfusion is most commonly due to antibody to HLA antigens in multiply transfused or multiparous patients...
- Platelet transfusion trigger in difficult patientsP Rebulla
Centro Trasfusionale e di Immunologia dei Trapianti, IFCCS Ospedale Maggiore, Milan, Italy
Transfus Clin Biol 8:249-54. 2001..Guidelines on the trigger and other issues related to platelet transfusion can be found in nine documents published during 1987-2001 by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the ..
- Control of severe bleeding episode in case of Glanzmann's thrombasthenia refractory to platelet transfusion therapy by administering recombinant factor VIIaAsim Javed
Combined Military Hospital, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 21:171-3. 2009..with multiple platelet concentrate transfusions and recently admitted with severe epistaxis refractory to platelet transfusion. At this stage administration of recombinant activated factor VII (fVIIa) was considered, which was ..
- The impact of donor type and ABO incompatibility on transfusion requirements after nonmyeloablative haematopoietic cell transplantationZejing Wang
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Br J Haematol 149:101-10. 2010..ABO incompatibility did not affect nonmyeloablative HCT outcomes...
- New strategies for prophylactic platelet transfusion in patients with hematologic diseasesH Wandt
5th Medical Department and Institute of Medical Oncology and Hamatology, Nuremberg, Germany
Oncologist 6:446-50. 2001..There has been a long-lasting debate over whether the traditional threshold for prophylactic platelet transfusion of 20,000/microl is really necessary to prevent hemorrhagic complications...
- Platelet transfusion can be related to liver regeneration after living donor liver transplantationJoohyun Kim
Department of Surgery, Kyung Hee University Medical Center, Kyung Hee University College of Medicine, 1 Hoegi dong, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul, 130 702, Republic of Korea
World J Surg 34:1052-8. 2010..Recently it was suggested that platelets contribute to liver regeneration. The aim of the present study was to identify the major factors that affect liver graft regeneration during the early post-transplantation period...
- Dengue hemorrhagic fever in Trinidad and Tobago: a case for a conservative approach to platelet transfusionAnu Sharma
Department of Clinical Medical Sciences, University of the West Indies, St Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Am J Trop Med Hyg 86:531-5. 2012..thrombocytopenic; 13 patients showed development of minor hemorrhage and only one case of major hemorrhage; platelet transfusion was given for 7% (13) of the cases; and 6 cases for which platelet transfusion was given did not show ..
- When less is more: can we abandon prophylactic platelet transfusion in Dengue fever?Changa Kurukularatne
Department of Infectious Diseases, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
Ann Acad Med Singapore 40:539-45. 2011..Prophylactic platelet transfusion-in the absence of major bleeding-is utilized in DF with thrombocytopenia with the intention of preventing ..
- Assessment of platelet transfusion for reversal of aspirin after traumatic brain injuryArshad M Bachelani
Division of General Surgery and Trauma, Department of Surgery, Mercy and Presbyterian Hospital, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Surgery 150:836-43. 2011b>Platelet transfusion is utilized increasingly for traumatic brain injury (TBI) for the reversal of aspirin (ASA) therapy...
- Early platelet transfusion improves platelet activity and may improve outcomes after intracerebral hemorrhageAndrew M Naidech
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University s Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Neurocrit Care 16:82-7. 2012..We tested the hypotheses that platelet transfusion improves measured platelet activity...
- Platelet transfusion: an unnecessary risk for mild traumatic brain injury patients on antiplatelet therapyChad W Washington
Department of Neurological Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Trauma 71:358-63. 2011To determine whether there is a benefit to platelet transfusion in mild traumatic brain injury (MTBI) patients with intracranial hemorrhage (ICH), taking antiplatelet therapy before hospitalization.
- Immature platelet fraction measurement: a future guide to platelet transfusion requirement after haematopoietic stem cell transplantationC Briggs
Department of Haematology, University College London Hospital, London, UK
Transfus Med 16:101-9. 2006..The ability to predict when platelet recovery will occur should allow a more reasoned approach to platelet transfusion. An increase in reticulated platelets demonstrates impending platelet recovery...
- Coronary stent occlusion after platelet transfusion: a case seriesAlexander D Cornet
Department of Intensive Care, V U Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Invasive Cardiol 19:E297-9. 2007..patients with gastrointestinal bleeding or who were scheduled for emergency surgery and who received donor platelet transfusion early in the course after stenting...
- PATCH: platelet transfusion in cerebral haemorrhage: study protocol for a multicentre, randomised, controlled trialKoen de Gans
Department of Neurology, Academic Medical Centre, H2 222, PO Box 22660 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Neurol 10:19. 2010..Because intracerebral haemorrhage patients who are on antiplatelet therapy have been shown to be particularly at risk of early haematoma growth, platelet transfusion may have a beneficial effect.
- A prospective randomized trial of prophylactic platelet transfusion and bleeding incidence in hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients: 10,000/L versus 20,000/microL triggerMarc S Zumberg
University of Florida College of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Gainesville 32610, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 8:569-76. 2002An optimal platelet-count threshold for prophylactic platelet transfusion in hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT) recipients has yet to be determined...
- Lowering the prophylactic platelet transfusion threshold: a prospective analysisJ B Lawrence
Institute of Pathology; Reserve University and University Hospitals of Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 41:67-76. 2001The 20 x 10(9) /L threshold for prophylactic platelet transfusion may be unnecessarily high. Few prospective studies, however, in which other trigger values were tested have been published...
- Past and future approaches to assess the quality of platelets for transfusionElisabeth Maurer-Spurej
Canadian Blood Services, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Transfus Med Rev 21:295-306. 2007..Recently, a new test for platelet quality has been introduced that uses dynamic light scattering. The advantages and remaining challenges for dynamic light scattering before it can become a routine platelet quality test are discussed...
- The clinical impact of platelet refractoriness: correlation with bleeding and survivalJean Louis H Kerkhoffs
Sanquin Blood Bank, South West Region, Leiden, The Netherlands
Transfusion 48:1959-65. 2008..The clinical impact of PLT transfusion failure was investigated in 117 patients, part of a randomized PLT transfusion trial, which excluded patients with HLA and/or HPA alloantibodies...
- A systematic assessment of the quality of reporting for platelet transfusion studiesMeghan Delaney
Puget Sound Blood Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Transfusion 50:2135-44. 2010..A recent review of clinical platelet (PLT) studies indicated variability in reporting. We undertook a critical analysis of PLT transfusion studies to determine the quality of reporting...
- Patient and product factors affecting platelet transfusion resultsDominik Heim
Hematology, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Transfusion 48:681-7. 2008..Optimizing PLT transfusions is in the interest of not only patient safety but also economic importance. Only few studies have evaluated factors associated with transfusion results...
- Factors affecting posttransfusion platelet increments, platelet refractoriness, and platelet transfusion intervals in thrombocytopenic patientsSherrill J Slichter
Puget Sound Blood Center, Seattle, WA 98104 1256, USA
Blood 105:4106-14. 2005..The only factors that reduced platelet refractoriness rates were increasing the dose of platelets transfused or transfusing filtered apheresis platelets...
- Evaluation of platelet transfusion triggers in a tertiary-care hospitalBruce Cameron
Division of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Transfusion 47:206-11. 2007..An analysis of patterns of utilization has been undertaken to evaluate practice...
- Acute bleeding complications in patients after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation with prophylactic platelet transfusion triggers of 10 x 10(9) and 20 x 10(9) per LShoshan Nevo
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University, Bunting Blaustein Cancer Research Building, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Transfusion 47:801-12. 2007..This retrospective analysis evaluates utilization of blood transfusions, risk of bleeding, and survival in 480 HSCT patients at 10 x 10(9) and 20 x 10(9) per L prophylactic trigger levels...
- Lack of efficacy of prophylactic platelet transfusion for severe thrombocytopenia in adults with acute uncomplicated dengue infectionDavid C Lye
Department of Infectious Disease, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, National Healthcare Group, Singapore
Clin Infect Dis 48:1262-5. 2009..thrombocytopenia (platelet count, < 20 x 10(3) platelets/microL) without prior bleeding, 188 were given platelet transfusion. Subsequent bleeding, platelet increment, and platelet recovery were similar between patients given ..
- Platelet alloimmunization in multitransfused patients with haemato-oncological disordersMeenu Bajpai
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160012, India
Natl Med J India 18:134-6. 2005..We also assessed the effect of alloimmunization on response to platelet transfusion.
- Advances and controversies in neonatal ICU platelet transfusion practiceRobert D Christensen
Intermountain Healthcare, 36 S State Street, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Adv Pediatr 55:255-69. 2008..A renewed interest in platelet transfusion studies is needed, if essential data is to be gathered to improve NICU platelet transfusion practice...
- Proactive administration of platelets and plasma for patients with a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm: evaluating a change in transfusion practicePär I Johansson
Department of Clinical Immunology, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Transfusion 47:593-8. 2007..It was considered that early substitution with PLTs and fresh-frozen plasma (FFP) would prevent development of coagulopathy and thus improve survival...
- Increased plasma and platelet to red blood cell ratios improves outcome in 466 massively transfused civilian trauma patientsJohn B Holcomb
United States Army Institute of Surgical Research, Ft Sam Houston, TX 78234, USA
Ann Surg 248:447-58. 2008....
- Platelet transfusion and postoperative infection in cardiac surgeryEleftherios C Vamvakas
Transfusion 47:352-4; author reply 354-6. 2007
- Platelet transfusion refractorinessEldad Hod
Columbia University Medical Center New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Br J Haematol 142:348-60. 2008..This review will discuss the aetiology, diagnosis, and management of refractoriness to platelet transfusion, a complicated problem for both the treating physicians and the transfusion services supporting these ..
- Slow infusion of platelets: a possible alternative in the management of refractory thrombocytopenic patientsAida Narvios
Am J Hematol 79:80. 2005
- Thrombocytopenia in the neonateIrene Roberts
Paediatric Haematology, Imperial College, London, UK
Blood Rev 22:173-86. 2008..b>Platelet transfusion in the management of severe thrombocytopenia in neonatal intensive care unit patients...
- Platelet storage lesion: an update on the impact of various leukoreduction processes on the biological response modifiersJerard Seghatchian
Blood Component Technology and Thrombosis Haemostasis Consultancy, 50 Primrose Hill Road, London NW3 3AA, UK
Transfus Apher Sci 34:125-30. 2006....
- Thrombocytopenia related neonatal outcome in pretermsLea Bonifacio
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatal Medicine, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903, USA
Indian J Pediatr 74:269-74. 2007To investigate the thrombocytopenia and platelet transfusion related outcome in very preterm infants.
- New paradigms in the management of alloimmune refractoriness to platelet transfusionsRalph R Vassallo
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and American Red Cross Blood Services Heritage Division, Penn Jersey Region, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19123, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 14:655-63. 2007..Some will exhibit platelet transfusion refractoriness, defined as inappropriately low platelet count increments after two or more consecutive ..
- Neonatal thrombocytopenia: what we do and don't knowMartha Sola-Visner
Drexel University College of Medicine, and St Christopher s Hospital for Children, Drexel University Neonatology Research at MCP, Philadelphia, PA 19129, United States
Early Hum Dev 84:499-506. 2008..The existing evidence to establish platelet transfusion triggers in neonates is very limited, but it suggests that transfusing platelets to non-bleeding neonates ..
- Buffy-coat-derived pooled platelet concentrates and apheresis platelet concentrates: which product type should be preferred?H Schrezenmeier
Red Cross Blood Service Baden Württemberg Hessen, Germany
Vox Sang 99:1-15. 2010....
- Mechanisms underlying thrombocytopenia in the neonatal intensive care unitM C Sola
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Acta Paediatr Suppl 91:66-73. 2002..This review focuses on both traditional and innovative methods used to evaluate the mechanisms responsible for thrombocytopenia in neonates, and analyzes the data generated from those methods...
- ABO-identical versus nonidentical platelet transfusion: a systematic reviewNadine Shehata
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Division of Hematology, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Transfusion 49:2442-53. 2009..The primary objective of this report is to assess whether ABO-identical PLT transfusion is associated with improved mortality and/or morbidity for patients with hematologic/oncologic disorders...
- [Platelet alloimmunization in patients with oncologic blood disorders treated with multiple transfusions: prospective study in adults and children]J Pereira
Departamento de Hematología Oncología, Escuela de Medicina P Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago
Rev Med Chil 125:1305-12. 1997Refractoriness continues to be a major complication of platelet transfusion therapy in patients with multiple transfusions. Despite most cases are secondary to non-immune causes, the most serious is that associated to alloimmunization...
- Dose of prophylactic platelet transfusions and prevention of hemorrhageSherrill J Slichter
Puget Sound Blood Center, Seattle, WA 98104 1256, USA
N Engl J Med 362:600-13. 2010..We conducted a trial of prophylactic platelet transfusions to evaluate the effect of platelet dose on bleeding in patients with hypoproliferative thrombocytopenia...
- A risk model for thrombocytopenia requiring platelet transfusion after cytotoxic chemotherapyJ Y Blay
Centre L BERARD, Lyon, France
Blood 92:405-10. 1998..1) from those calculated in the model. This risk index could be useful to identify patients at high risk for chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia requiring platelet transfusions...
- Platelet transfusions in the neonatal intensive care unit:factors predicting which patients will require multiple transfusionsA Del Vecchio
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Transfusion 41:803-8. 2001..However, two clinical conditions did; liver disease and renal insufficiency. Neonates who received one platelet transfusion had a relative risk of death 10.4 times that in neonates who received none (p = 0.0001)...
- Platelet rich plasma: biology and new technologyWilliam S Pietrzak
Biomet, Inc, Warsaw, IN 46580 0587, USA
J Craniofac Surg 16:1043-54. 2005....
- Evaluation and treatment of severe and prolonged thrombocytopenia in neonatesMartha C Sola
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1600 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Clin Perinatol 31:1-14. 2004..As a consequence of these deficiencies in knowledge, there is great variability in platelet transfusion practices among NICUs...
- Impact of platelet transfusion on hematoma expansion in patients receiving antiplatelet agents before intracerebral hemorrhageAndrew F Ducruet
Department of Neurological Surgery, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neurol Res 32:706-10. 2010..We sought to determine the clinical efficacy of platelet transfusion and its impact on systemic complications following ICH in a cohort of patients receiving antiplatelet ..
- Neonatal thrombocytopeniaIrene Roberts
Department of Haematology, Imperial College London and Imperial Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 13:256-64. 2008..b>Platelet transfusion is the mainstay of treatment for severe thrombocytopenia...
- Evaluation of platelet transfusion thresholds in patients with acute myeloblastic leukemia receiving induction chemotherapySatoko Oka
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Shimotsuke
Intern Med 46:1669-70. 2007
- Platelet-reactive HLA antibodies associated with low posttransfusion platelet increments:a comparison between the monoclonal antibody-specific immobilization of platelet antigens assay and the lymphocytotoxicity testM Kurz
Clinic for Blood Group Serology and Transfusion Medicine, Division of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Department of Medicine 1, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Transfusion 41:771-4. 2001..17%). CONCLUSION: The MAIPA assay is more sensitive than the standard LCT in detecting platelet-reactive HLA antibodies. These MAIPA-positive/LCT-negative HLA antibodies affect the posttransfusion platelet increment...
- Severe Thrombocytopenia in the NICUVickie L Baer
Department of Women and Newborns, Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City, Utah 84403, USA
Pediatrics 124:e1095-100. 2009..Severe thrombocytopenia (platelets <or= 50000/microL) in a NICU patient can have significant consequences; however, previous reports have not focused exclusively on NICU patients with counts this low...
- Prospective, observational study of outcomes in neonates with severe thrombocytopeniaSimon J Stanworth
National Blood Service, Level 2, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9BQ, England
Pediatrics 124:e826-34. 2009..A cross-sectional, observational study of outcomes for neonates with severe neonatal thrombocytopenia (SNT; platelet count of <60 x 10(9) platelets per L) was performed to examine hemorrhage and use of platelet transfusions...
- Fresh frozen plasma and platelet transfusion for nonbleeding patients in the intensive care unit: benefit or harm?Ognjen Gajic
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Crit Care Med 34:S170-3. 2006..We searched the National Library of Medicine PubMed database as well as references of retrieved articles and summarized the current evidence for the use of FFP and platelet transfusions in critically ill patients...
- The impact of platelet transfusion in massively transfused trauma patientsKenji Inaba
University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Division of Trauma, Emergency Surgery and Surgical Critical Care, Los Angeles County and University of Southern California Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90033 4525, USA
J Am Coll Surg 211:573-9. 2010The impact of platelet transfusion in trauma patients undergoing a massive transfusion (MT) was evaluated.
- Comparison of platelet transfusion as fresh whole blood versus apheresis platelets for massively transfused combat trauma patients (CME)Jeremy G Perkins
Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Transfusion 51:242-52. 2011..In massively transfused trauma patients, we compared outcomes of patients receiving FWB to those receiving aPLT...
- Platelet transfusion therapySherrill J Slichter
Puget Sound Blood Center, 921 Terry Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104 1256, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 21:697-729, vii. 2007..Identification, prevention, and management of adverse consequences of platelet transfusions and platelet refractoriness are discussed...
- Presentation and pattern of symptoms in 382 patients with Glanzmann thrombasthenia in IranG Toogeh
Imam Khomeini Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Am J Hematol 77:198-9. 2004..As expected, almost all the patients had a normal platelet count while the leukocyte count was increased in 19.3%. Among women, an unexpected low rate of pregnancies was observed...
- Earlier detection of HLA alloimmunization in platelet transfusion refractoriness by flow cytometric analysisShinichiro Sato
Transfusion 45:1399-401. 2005
- Platelet transfusionsDavid F Stroncek
Department of Transfusion Medicine, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1184, USA
Lancet 370:427-38. 2007..5 million platelet products are transfused in the USA each year, 2.9 million products in Europe. However, platelet transfusion can transmit infections and trigger serious immune reactions and they can be rendered ineffective by ..
- Gamma irradiation does not affect 7-day storage of platelet concentratesP F van der Meer
Sanquin Blood Bank North West Region, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Vox Sang 89:97-9. 2005..Extension of storage of leucocyte-reduced platelet concentrates (LR-PCs) to 7 days has recently been introduced, but the effect of gamma irradiation on in vitro parameters was unknown...
- REVERSIBLE PATHOLOGY OF THE PLATELET STORAGE LESIONBrian Smith; Fiscal Year: 2001..The long term goal of the project, which combines the synergistic expertise of several established investigators, is to improve the clinical results of platelet transfusion.
- The Development of a Refrigerated Platelet ProductHANS WANDALL; Fiscal Year: 2007..diminution of bacterial contamination, and increased ability to provide platelets of improved functional quality to patients needing platelet transfusion. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]
- Platelet Transfusion Induced Transplant Rejection Across mHA barriers.James C Zimring; Fiscal Year: 2013..mechanistic understanding of the immunization and subsequent transplant rejection that are caused by platelet transfusion. We propose to study the mechanisms of platelet transfusion induced BMT rejection through the following ..
- Role of AhR During MegakaryopoiesisSTEPHAN CADET LINDSEY; Fiscal Year: 2011..Most MDS patients have chronic thrombocytopenia, but platelet transfusion is complicated by the development of allogeneic antibodies and ca. 30% of MDS patients die of bleeding...
- Bioengineering challenges for platelet production from hematopoietic stem cellsWilliam M Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010..Platelet collection typically requires pooling harvests from multiple donors. Platelet transfusion risks from bacterial contamination, blood-borne pathogens, and alloimmunization are compounded because ..
- Transfusion Medicine/Hemostasis Core Clinical CenterThomas L Ortel; Fiscal Year: 2012..The TMH Network currently has clinical trials recruiting patients to determine the optimal platelet transfusion dose and define the role of fresh frozen plasma in patients with prolonged clotting times undergoing liver ..
- Statistical Methodology Development in Blood Transfusion Protocol ResearchMohammad H Rahbar; Fiscal Year: 2013..2) to develop a multi-type recurrent event model for estimating time-dependent RBC, plasma, and platelet transfusion rates, and evaluating their impact on patient survival...
- Transfusion Medicine/Hemostasis Clinical Trials NetworkEllis J Neufeld; Fiscal Year: 2011..To date, the network has launched three active clinical studies, one on optimal platelet transfusion dose in thrombocytopenia, one on treatment of long INR to prevent surgical bleeding, and one on treatment ..
- Monitoring Physiological Stress: A Novel Biophysical Approach for the Rapid DetecRONALD J RIEDER; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Platelet transfusion is the leading cause of transfusion related bacterial sepsis...
- PHOTOCHEMICAL DECONTAMINATION OF PLATELET CONCENTRATESLaurence Corash; Fiscal Year: 1993Therapeutic platelet transfusion is currently estimated at 5-7 million units annually, and is expected to increase with expanded use of organ transplantation and intensive cancer chemotherapy...
- NEW APPROACH TO THE REGULATION OF HUMAN T CELL FUNCTIONWilliam Osborne; Fiscal Year: 1990..a novel approach to the specific regulation of T cell function; the results may be directly applicable to platelet transfusion therapy in the support of cancer patients, and may benefit organ and marrow transplantation and treatment ..
- TRANSFUSION MEDICINE/HEMOSTASIS TRAIL SITE AT PSBCSherrill J Slichter; Fiscal Year: 2012..Principal Investigator to develop the trial to evaluate epsilon-amino-caprioc acid (EACA) as an adjuvent to platelet transfusion therapy. (Renewal application proposed protocol #2). Dr...
- Non-donor-Dependent Production of Wildtype and Modified PlateletsMortimer Poncz; Fiscal Year: 2009..for targeted delivery of this fibrinolytic agent using a modification of the above NOD/SCID mouse platelet transfusion model for efficacy of the uPA-containing platelets to lyse thrombi in a targeted fashion...
- Genomic dissection of platelet productionWarren Alexander; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Platelet transfusion is the only current effective treatment for severe thrombocytopenia...
- EFFECT OF AN EXPERT SYSTEM ON PLATELET TRANSFUSIONDONALD CONNELLY; Fiscal Year: 1992..The first specific aim is to implement a knowledge-based system for the evaluation of requests for platelet transfusion. An existing expert system that reflects current scientific knowledge as well as the clinical heuristics ..
- HLAMatchmaker for Transplantation and TransfusionRene Duquesnoy; Fiscal Year: 2007..the relative immunogenicity of triplet-defined epitopes, (3) Assess clinical relevance of HLAMatchmaker in platelet transfusion support of refractory thrombocytopenic patients and stem cell transplantation from unrelated donors, (4) ..
- MEGAKARYOCYTE EXPANSION FROM MOBILIZED PERIPHERAL BLOODAlan Smith; Fiscal Year: 1999..The most effective therapy for post-transplant thrombocytopenia is platelet transfusion. The use of high dose chemotherapy has greatly increased the demand for platelet products...
- BIOCHEMICAL RELATIONSHIP OF PLATELET AND PLASMA HLAK Kao; Fiscal Year: 1993..Finding compatible platelets for those patients is a major obstacle in platelet transfusion therapy...
- IMMUNE MEDIATED REFRACTORINESS TO PLATELET TRANSFUSIONDouglas Christie; Fiscal Year: 1992..identification and characterization of platelet antigens and antibodies in patients refractory to platelet transfusion will be investigated using several immunologic assays, including immunofluorescence, lymphocytotoxicity, ..
- Rapid Detection of Bacterial Contamination in PlateletsXING XIANG LI; Fiscal Year: 2004..Bacterial infection due to platelet transfusion can be minimized with the use of an effective bacterial detection test that is rapid, specific, inexpensive ..
- TRANSFUSION TRIAL TO PREVENT PLATELET ALLOIMMUNIZATIONSWendell Rosse; Fiscal Year: 1992Alloimmunization to antigens on platelets is one of the most severe limiting factors in platelet transfusion. In this application to become a member of a cooperative trial for the prevention of alloimmunization, we propose two strategies ..
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO IMPROVE AND EXTEND PLATELET STORAGESherrill Slichter; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Proteomics and Biomarkers for Hepatocellular CancerNezam Afdhal; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies may lead to identification of more specific and sensitive biomarkers for HCC in HCV which can then be validated further in prospective clinical trials. ..
- PROTEIN LIPID INTERACTIONS IN GALLSTONE PATHOGENESISNezam Afdhal; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies may lead to strategies for the prevention and non-surgical therapy of this very common disease. ..
- Antiviral Therapy in African Americans with HCVNezam Afdhal; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specimens of liver tissue and serum will be collected for basic studies on viral resistance. These studies should help determine the best therapy for AA with HCV. ..
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN TRANSFUSION MEDICINEJeffrey McCullough; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ENGRAFTING SENSITIZED HOSTS WITH NONABLATIVE REGIMENSRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2002..By lessening the morbidity and mortality associated with conventional conditioning, these studies could significantly change the management of selected inherited red blood cell diseases. ..
- WT1 Expression in Patients with MDS Treated with ATG an*H Deeg; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PROGENITORS FOR ERYTHROCYTIC & MEGAKARYOCYTIC LINEAGESWILLIAM SLAYTON; Fiscal Year: 2003..Slayton's research progress. In this rich and supportive environment, Dr. Slayton will gain the experience necessary to contribute to the understanding of the early cellular and molecular events in megakaryopoiesis. ..
- Proteasome Inhibition in Myelodysplastic SyndromesJane Liesveld; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will define a potential therapeutic role for bortezomib in MDS and will aid in understanding the hematopoietic stem cell in these disorders. ..
- Protection from GVHD with Gene-Modified Donor T CellsRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Enhanced Primary Repair of Ligament InjuriesMartha Murray; Fiscal Year: 2008..In the third aim, the optimized scaffolds will be tested in an in vivo canine ACL non-union model. Information gained in each of these aims will serve to improve our understanding of mechanisms of ligament healing. ..
- Lung Transplantation and Immune Tolerance in Young RecipientsRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Farnesyltransferase Inhibitor Therapy for MyelodysplasiaRazelle Kurzrock; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Improving Transfusion Practices Using Decision SupportJeffrey Rothschild; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will also examine whether improvements in appropriate transfusion ordering behavior among clinicians using decision support tools will be greater than improvements achieved by educational programs alone. ..
- COST EFFECTIVENESS OF GENETIC SCREENING FOR COLON CANCERScott Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Cell Death and Clonal Survival in Myelodysplastic Syndr*H Deeg; Fiscal Year: 2008..To achieve these objectives, we must better understand the underlying mechanisms of MDS and thereby identify ways by which the disease process can be arrested, progression prevented, and the disease hopefully be cured. ..
- INTEGRIN SIGNALING IN ACUTE LYMPHOBLASTIC LEUKEMIAArnold Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2001..Understanding the cell-cell interaction between BM stromal cells and pre-B ALL cells may provide future therapeutic strategies with which to modulate the growth of these leukemias. ..
- A Genetic Screening Policy Model for Colorectal CancerScott Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2006..The model will incorporate QOL information from Aim 2, along with family history, clinical, and screening information from the Seattle CFR. ..
- 2006 Clinical Research Training InstituteJames George; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Aminocaproic Acid and Bleeding in Spinal SurgerySean Berenholtz; Fiscal Year: 2006..These projects and the career development plan described will build a foundation for a successful career as an independent investigator. ..
- Nonablative AlloSCT in Refractory Autoimmune DiseaseMitchell Cairo; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Inducing Immune Tolerance with Receptor Modified T CellsTerrence Geiger; Fiscal Year: 2003..Together this information will provide a starting point for the application of GM-TCs to human immunologic conditions. ..
- VIRUS PHOTOINACTIVATION--DIMETHYLMETHYLENE BLUE IN RBCStephen Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Patient-Oriented Cancer Research Training ProgramEmil Freireich; Fiscal Year: 2004..The program will prepare oncology physician specialists for careers in academic patient-oriented research in oncology. ..
- Conference-Safeguarding Adult/Pediatric Stem Cell DonorsEdward Snyder; Fiscal Year: 2004..This Symposium would address the need for such Standards and stimulate the process. AIM 3 will be to publish a summary of the Symposium in a nationally recognized Journal. ..
- THE ROLE OF PL3K IN THROMBOPOIETIN SIGNALINGAmy Geddis; Fiscal Year: 2005..A defined plan of training is presented in which the applicant will develop the experience and skills necessary for success as an independent investigator in Hematology. ..
- CpG Plus Rituximab Therapy in Follicular LymphomaArnold Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study is a novel approach to treating FL, where augmenting antigen presentation and effector cells may lead to enhanced cytotoxic effects of rituximab and induce anti-tumor immunity. ..
- Curcumin/Bioperine in Multiple MyelomaSaroj Vadhan Raj; Fiscal Year: 2005..Knowledge gained from these studies may provide useful information on how best to use these natural products in the treatment of cancer. ..
- NOVEL THERAPEUTIC STRATEGIES IN MYELODYSPLASTIC SYNDROMEH Deeg; Fiscal Year: 2003..Optimization of therapy, in turn, should reduce morbidity and mortality associated with MDS and improve the quality of life of patients with MDS. ..
- Race & Viral Resistance in Chronic Hepatitis C (VIRAHEP*Robert Brown; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- 5-Azacytidine and MS-275 in Myeloid MalignanciesSteven Gore; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Exploratory Trial of Curcumin in Pancreatic CancerRazelle Kurzrock; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies should provide the foundation for the development of curcumin as an anticancer agent and may lead to a novel approach to the management of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Symposium on Emerging Cardiac Cellular TherapiesEdward Snyder; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Research Training InstituteJames George; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is through this near one to one ratio with the trainees that ASH intends to foster and sustain interest in clinical hematologic research and thereby help stimulate the career development of future clinical researchers in hematology. ..
- Rare Antigens in Neonatal Alloimmune ThrombocytopeniaJulie Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2006..4. Generate soluble recombinant platelet glycoproteins carrying "rare" platelet alloantigens to provide a tool for rapid detection and identification of antibodies in mothers who are immunized against these antigens ..
- Nonmyeloablative Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Severe Systemic SclerosisRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2006..The unique observations in this study regarding responses and recovery of organs after inducing a sustained remission of SSc will serve to focus and direct other non-transplant research activities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Etanercept Therapy in Follicular LymphomaArnold Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study is a novel approach to treating FL, where targeting the microenvironment of the tumor may inhibit the growth and survival of the neoplastic cells. ..