Genomes and Genes
Summary: The transfer of leukocytes from a donor to a recipient or reinfusion to the donor.
Publications146 found, 100 shown here
- Donor CMV serostatus has no impact on CMV viremia or disease when prophylactic granulocyte transfusions are given following allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantationRavi Vij
Section of Bone Marrow Transplantation and Leukemia, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110 1093, USA
Blood 101:2067-9. 2003..This knowledge may help expand the donor pool in areas with a high prevalence of CMV in the general population...
- Granulocyte transfusion in the G-CSF eraThomas H Price
Puget Sound Blood Center, and University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Int J Hematol 76:77-80. 2002..G-CSF administration to donors is well tolerated. Controlled clinical trials are needed to determine the therapeutic efficacy of G-CSF-primed granulocyte transfusions...
- Genetically modified donor leukocyte transfusion and graft-versus-leukemia effect after allogeneic stem cell transplantationSylvia Borchers
Department of Hematology, Hemostasis, Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplantation, Hannover Medical School, Hannover 30625, Germany
Hum Gene Ther 22:829-41. 2011..In one patient with CML, loss of bcr-abl gene expression was observed after an expansion of transduced cells. Seven of nine patients are alive and in complete remission...
- Leukocyte transfusion and the development of the continuous-flow blood cell separatorEmil J Freireich
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 55, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Transfus Med Rev 25:344-50. 2011..Thus, the continuous-flow centrifugal blood cell separator has become an important instrument in the science of blood collection and transfusion...
- Method of removing incompatible red blood cells from granulocyte componentsAida B Narvios
Transfus Apher Sci 35:179-80. 2006
- Autologous white blood cell transfusion: toward a younger immunityDominique Charron
INSERM U662, Institut Universitaire d Hématologie Université Paris Diderot and Laboratoire d Immunologie et d Histocompatibilité, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Hum Immunol 68:805-12. 2007....
- Prophylactic and interventional granulocyte transfusions in patients with haematological malignancies and life-threatening infections during neutropeniaSabine Mousset
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Ann Hematol 84:734-41. 2005..We conclude that under GTX, the infection-related mortality even in high-risk patients is low. Due to a secondary prophylaxis with GTX, haematopoietic allografts can be safely given to patients with previous fungal infections...
- A defined donor activating natural killer cell receptor genotype protects against leukemic relapse after related HLA-identical hematopoietic stem cell transplantationS Verheyden
HLA Laboratory, Academisch Ziekenhuis Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Brussels, Belgium
Leukemia 19:1446-51. 2005..018). In conclusion, this study suggests that a joint effect of these two selected activating KIRs in the donor might confer some protection against leukemic relapse...
- Bone marrow engraftment analysis after granulocyte transfusionSharon L Swierczynski
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Park Building, Room SB202, 600 North Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Mol Diagn 7:422-6. 2005..This case illustrates that white cell transfusion can lead to erroneous bone marrow engraftment results, particularly if only one microsatellite locus is used to monitor engraftment...
- Effective storage of granulocytes collected by centrifugation leukapheresis from donors stimulated with granulocyte-colony-stimulating factorKai Hubel
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, WA 98195 8050, USA
Transfusion 45:1876-89. 2005..10 degrees C) with maintenance of functional properties in vitro and in vivo...
- Granulocyte transfusion as a treatment for enterococcal meningoencephalitis after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation from an unrelated donorY Tsukada
Department of Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:69-72. 2003..Further studies are warranted to evaluate the clinical efficacy of GTX for the treatment of uncontrolled infections in granulocytopenic stem cell transplant recipients...
- Secondary prophylaxis of invasive fungal infections with combination antifungal therapy and G-CSF-mobilized granulocyte transfusions in three children with hematological malignanciesLorenz Grigull
Department of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, OE 6780, Carl Neuberg Str 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Support Care Cancer 14:783-6. 2006..All children survived the fungal infection and the underlying malignancy. These experiences illustrate the feasibility of this approach using more than one antifungal agent together with immune-therapy in high-risk patients...
- Is it time for a new look at granulocyte transfusions?Jo Anne H van Burik
Transfusion 42:1393-5. 2002
- Granulocyte transfusionEhab Atallah
Divison of Hematology Oncology, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 13:45-9. 2006..The aim of this review is to evaluate the most recent studies in granulocyte transfusion therapy and their clinical applicability...
- Three cases of renal relapse after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaK Huck
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology and Immunology, University Children s Hospital, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Haematologica 91:ECR07. 2006..Due to these observations we advocate sufficient treatment of the kidneys during conditioning therapy...
- Successful treatment of progressive NK cell lymphoma with allogeneic peripheral stem cell transplantation followed by early cyclosporine tapering and donor leukocyte infusionsMasanori Makita
Department of Biopathology Science, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University Graduate Schools, Japan
Int J Hematol 76:94-7. 2002..Although the disease was in a progressive state at the time of transplantation, complete remission was obtained after allo-PBSCT. As of this report, the patient has been well for more than 2 years...
- Impact of high-dose granulocyte transfusions in patients with cancer with candidemia: retrospective case-control analysis of 491 episodes of Candida species bloodstream infectionsAmar Safdar
Department of Infectious Diseases, Infection Control, and Employee Health, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 101:2859-65. 2004..The authors sought to determine the impact of high-dose (approximately 5.5 x 10(10) cells) GTX in patients with candidemia...
- Granulocyte transfusions in children with chronic granulomatous disease and invasive aspergillosisAydan Ikinciogullari
Department of Pediatrics, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Ther Apher Dial 9:137-41. 2005..Granulocyte transfusions from G-CSF and dexamethasone stimulated donors could be a choice of treatment in chronic granulomatous disease patients, especially with disseminated invasive Aspergillosis...
- Re: allogenic transplantation after nonmyelosuppressive conditioning--the effect of single-agent pentostatinGary J Schiller
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 10:576-7. 2004
- The role of granulocyte transfusions in neutropenic patientsM Bishton
Department of Haematology, Nottingham City Hospital, UK
Br J Haematol 127:501-8. 2004..We also aim to provide a practical guide to the application of this therapeutic approach...
- [Current data on granulocytes donations]D Lemau de Talancé
Site Lecourbe, EFS Ile de France, 20, rue Lecourbe 75015 Paris, France
Transfus Clin Biol 11:106-12. 2004..Most donations present an amount of white cells between 2 and 4 10 x 10(10). This enables to transfuse efficiently children and adults...
- Donor leukocyte infusion after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in patients with juvenile myelomonocytic leukemiaA Yoshimi
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Division of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, University of Freiburg, Freiburg 79106, Germany
Leukemia 19:971-7. 2005..Infusion of a high number of T cells, strategies to reduce toxicity, and cytoreduction prior to DLI may improve the results...
- Reduced-intensity allogeneic stem cell transplantation in relapsed and refractory Hodgkin's disease: low transplant-related mortality and impact of intensity of conditioning regimenP Anderlini
Department of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:943-51. 2005..03), and a trend towards better progression-free survival (37 vs 21% at 18 months; P=0.2). RIC allo-SCT is feasible in relapsed/refractory HD patients with a low TRM. The intensity of the preparative regimen affects survival...
- Tolerance of granulocyte donors towards granulocyte colony-stimulating factor stimulation and of patients towards granulocyte transfusions: results of a multicentre studyJ Bux
Department of Transfusion Medicine, University of Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Vox Sang 85:322-5. 2003..A leucocyte alloimmunization rate of 24% was found. G-CSF stimulation and transfusion of G-CSF-mobilized granulocytes were well tolerated by donors and recipients, respectively...
- A dose-response analysis of lenograstim plus dexamethasone for neutrophil mobilization and collectionHans Gert Heuft
Department of Transfusion Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Transfusion 45:604-12. 2005..The objective was to evaluate the dose-response relationship of lenograstim plus dexamethasone for neutrophil mobilization and collection...
- Granulocyte transfusion: revisitedMichael A Briones
Division Hematology and Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, AFLAC Cancer Center and Blood Disorders, 2040 Ridgewood Drive, Suite 100, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Curr Hematol Rep 2:522-7. 2003....
- Bone marrow as stem cell source for allogeneic HLA-identical sibling transplantation following reduced-intensity preparative regimenCatherine Faucher
Unité de Transplantation et de Thérapie Cellulaire UTTC, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Exp Hematol 31:873-80. 2003..RIC has been shown to allow engraftment with minimal early transplant-related mortality (TRM). However, in the context of RIC, the use of bone marrow (BM) as stem cell source is still little evaluated...
- Serial granulocyte transfusions as a treatment for sepsis due to multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a neutropenic patientYing Wei Lin
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 41:4892-3. 2003..Granulocyte transfusion should be considered as a treatment for severe infection in patients with neutropenia...
- The role of colony-stimulating factors and granulocyte transfusion in treatment options for neutropenia in children with cancerDer Cherng Liang
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Paediatr Drugs 5:673-84. 2003..Granulocyte transfusion has shown promising results in treating children with severe neutropenic infection; however, controlled trials are warranted to clarify the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of this procedure...
- Therapeutic transfusions of granulocytes collected by simple bag method for children with cancer and neutropenic infections: results of a single-centre pilot studyA Kikuta
Department of Pediatrics, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima City, Japan
Vox Sang 91:70-6. 2006..We undertook a pilot study to determine the feasibility and the safety of GTX collected by the bag method for children with cancer and life-threatening infections...
- Treatment and prophylaxis of severe infections in neutropenic patients by granulocyte transfusionsG Illerhaus
Department of Hematology Oncology, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg Medical Center, Germany
Ann Hematol 81:273-81. 2002..5 units vs 22.0 units, P<0.02) compared to the control group. For the treatment of infections during neutropenia, rhG-CSF-stimulated granulocyte transfusions are safe and a promising approach...
- [Clinical application of granulocyte concentrates in neutropenia caused by immunosupressive treatment]Jolanta Korsak
Wojskowy Instytut Medyczny w Warszawie, CSK MON, Zakład Transfuzjologii Klinicznej, Poland
Pol Merkur Lekarski 24:346-50. 2008..Further clinical studies on the role of granulocyte transfusions in the treatment of severe sepsis in patients with neutropenia or disturbances of granulocyte function caused by immunosupresion are needed...
- Liposomal amphotericin B (AmBisome) compared with amphotericin B +/- FMLP induces significantly less in vitro neutrophil aggregation with granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor/dexamethasone-mobilized allogeneic donor neutrophilsMaria Luisa Sulis
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of New York, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Blood 99:384-6. 2002....
- Effect of induced GVHD in leukemia patients relapsing after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation: single-center experience of 33 adult patientsC K Min
The Catholic Hemopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Center, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Bone Marrow Transplant 27:999-1005. 2001..We conclude that acute GVHD is associated with considerable toxicity while chronic GVHD plays a role in retaining remission in leukemia relapsing after allogeneic BMT...
- The impact of chimerism patterns and predonor leukocyte infusion lymphopenia on survival following T cell-depleted reduced intensity conditioned transplantsBronwen E Shaw
Department of Haematology, Nottingham City Hospital Campus, Nottingham University Hospitals, Nottingham UK
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:550-9. 2007..In conclusion, the chimerism pattern was the best indicator of improved survival in this cohort (ie, MC later converting to FDC). In those with MC, response to DLI therapy was associated with a low lymphocyte count pre-DLI...
- Eradication of residual bcr-abl-positive clones by inducing graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic stem cell transplantation in patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemiaK Matsue
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Kameda General Hospital, Kamogawa, Chiba, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 29:63-6. 2002..Our observation suggests that induction of GVHD may eliminate minimal residual disease, thereby preventing leukemia relapse in patients transplanted for Ph-positive ALL...
- DNA immunization against tissue-restricted antigens enhances tumor immunity after allogeneic hemopoietic stem cell transplantationMiguel Angel Perales
Swim Across America Laboratory of Tumor Immunology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Immunol 177:4159-67. 2006..These results demonstrate that DNA immunization against tissue-restricted Ags after allogeneic T cell-depleted HSCT can induce potent antitumor effects without causing GVHD...
- Pure white cell aplasia (PWCA) relapsing after allogeneic BMT and successfully treated with nine DLIsA M Marmont
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:987-9. 2006
- The changing face of febrile neutropenia-from monotherapy to moulds to mucositis. Fever and neutropenia: the early yearsGerald P Bodey
Department of Infectious Diseases, Infection Control and Employee Health, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard Unit 402, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 63:i3-13. 2009..Prevention of infection was attempted, using isolation rooms, air filtration and prophylactic antibiotics. All of these early efforts laid the foundations for the many important current investigations...
- NOD/SCID mice engrafted with human peripheral blood lymphocytes can be a model for investigating B cells responding to blood group A carbohydrate determinantWendy Zhou
Department of Surgery, Division of Frontier Medical Science, Programs for Biomedical Research, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Transpl Immunol 12:9-18. 2003..The human PBMC-NOD/SCID chimera developed by injection of blood group O human PBMC might be a useful in vivo model to test effects of immunosuppressants or other approaches on human B cells that respond to blood group A antigens...
- Combination chemotherapy of intermediate-dose cytarabine, idarubicin, plus etoposide and subsequent mobilized donor leukocyte infusion for relapsed acute leukemia after allogeneic bone marrow transplantationJ H Lee
Section of Oncology Hematology, Department of Medicine, University of Ulsan, College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Ku, 138 736, Seoul, South Korea
Leuk Res 25:305-12. 2001..Chemotherapy containing intermediate-dose cytarabine and DLI produced a high CR rate in acute leukemia in relapse after allogeneic BMT. A fraction of patients are surviving long term. Side effects were substantial but manageable...
- Transfused macrophages ameliorate pancreatic and renal injury in murine diabetes mellitusDong Zheng
Centre for Transplant and Renal Research, University of Sydney, Westmead Millennium Institute, Sydney, NSW 2145, Australia
Nephron Exp Nephrol 118:e87-99. 2011..Alternatively activated macrophages (M2 macrophages) are able to reduce renal injury in murine adriamycin nephropathy. However, the effect of M2 macrophages in other renal diseases such as diabetic nephropathy remains unknown...
- Successful treatment of incipient graft rejection with donor leukocyte infusions, further proof of a graft versus host lymphohaemopoietic effectJ L Diez-Martin
Unidad de Trasplante de Medula Osea, Hosp G U Gregorio Marañón, Doctor Esquerdo 46, 28007 Madrid, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:1037-41. 2004..In conclusion, provided that an early diagnosis is made, the graft versus host lymphohaemopoietic effect harboured by immunocompetent donor cells can be successfully used for the treatment of incipient graft rejection...
- Role of granulocyte/neutrophil transfusions for haematology/oncology patients in the modern eraRonald G Strauss
Department of Pathology and Pediatrics, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, USA
Br J Haematol 158:299-306. 2012..Accordingly, they cannot be recommended for standard therapy at this time...
- Flucloxacillin-induced aplastic anaemia and liver failureJacqui L Dobson
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Austin Hospital, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Transpl Int 18:487-9. 2005..The patient was discharged from hospital after 120 days with normal liver function and recovered bone marrow. In this report, we discuss the care of patients with aplastic anaemia in the peritransplant setting...
- An experimental model for preventing alloimmunization against platelet transfusions by pretreatment with antibody-coated cellsC Susal
Department of Transplantation Immunology, University of Heidelberg, FRG
Vox Sang 59:209-15. 1990..The serum-IgG fraction of pretreated rats was strongly immunosuppressive, suggesting that the mechanism of suppression was related to the induction of a broadly reactive regulatory IgG...
- G-CSF-mobilised granulocyte transfusion to an ALL patient complicated by cytomegalovirus transmissionU Meyer-Koenig
Bone Marrow Transplant 34:1095-6. 2004
- Human regulatory T cells control xenogeneic graft-versus-host disease induced by autologous T cells in RAG2-/-gammac-/- immunodeficient miceTuna Mutis
Department of Hematology, University Medical Center Utrecht and Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 12:5520-5. 2006..v. administration of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC)...
- Clinical applications of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor: an update and summaryK Hubel
Klinik I fur Innere Medizin, Klinikum der Universität zu Köln, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, 50924 Köln, Germany
Ann Hematol 82:207-13. 2003..The promising results with G-CSF have promoted further studies, e.g., in immunocompetent patients or in granulocyte transfusion therapy. Here, we review the potential clinical role of G-CSF and describe its future perspectives...
- Measures to prevent TRALIS Wendel
Hospital Sirio Libanes, Rua Adma Jafet 91, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Vox Sang 92:258-77. 2007
- Recombinant interferon gamma1b immune enhancement in 20 patients with hematologic malignancies and systemic opportunistic infections treated with donor granulocyte transfusionsAmar Safdar
Department of Infectious Diseases, Infection Control, and Employee Health, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 106:2664-71. 2006..The authors evaluated the safety and efficacy of immune enhancement using recombinant interferon gamma1b (rIFN-gamma1b) in patients with cancer who received GTX for refractory, systemic, opportunistic infections...
- Soluble CD30 (sCD30) and effectiveness of leukocyte therapy in recurrent pregnancy loss patientsBehrouz Gharesi-Fard
Infertility Research Center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
J Reprod Immunol 97:240-4. 2013..In conclusion, the results of the present study show that leukocyte therapy increases the sCD30 level; however, the rise in the sCD30 level is not correlated with a successful outcome...
- Renewed granulocyte support practice and its alternativesBela Balint
Military Medical Academy, Institute of Transfusiology, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Vojnosanit Pregl 61:537-45. 2004
- Donor-specific mononuclear cell transfusion and methotrexate as pretransplant treatment in dogs given DLA-identical marrow grafts after nonmyeloablative conditioningChristoph Jochum
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:885-6. 2006
- Transfer of human leukocytes into double-knockout Pfp-/-Rag2-/- mice grafted with human skin: increased accumulation of neutrophils in human dermal microvesselsSebastian Ullrich
Department of Rheumatology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lübeck and Rheumaklinik Bad Bramstedt, Ratzeburger Alle 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Transplantation 78:1557-9. 2004..Thus, a xenograft model of vasculitis with predominant huPMNs infiltration has been established for the first time...
- G-CSF mobilised granulocyte transfusions in 32 paediatric patients with neutropenic sepsisLorenz Grigull
Department of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology, OE 6780 Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Support Care Cancer 14:910-6. 2006..In this retrospective, uncontrolled, observational study, the effect of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF)-stimulated granulocyte transfusions (GTX) in neutropenic paediatric patients with sepsis was evaluated...
- Selected CD34 blood cell allografts for older patients: low transplant-related mortality, graft failure and acute GvHDM M Roberts
Division of Haematology, Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Adelaide, South Australia
Cytotherapy 5:534-41. 2003..Potential increased risk of relapse is addressed by giving donor leucocyte infusion (DLI) post-transplant...
- [Towards the use of intravenous apoptotic leukocyte infusion as a cell-based therapy approach?]P Saas
INSERM, UMR 645, EFS Bourgogne Franche Comte, Universite de Franche Comte, IFR 133 BP 1937, 1, boulevard A Fleming, 25020 Besançon cedex, France
Transfus Clin Biol 15:98-108. 2008..Here, we review the different factors and cells implicated in the immunomodulatory properties of apoptotic cells. Then, we discuss the potential significance of such observations in transfusion practice...
- Resistant pure red cell aplasia after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation with major ABO mismatch treated by purified CD34+ cell infusionHyun Young Woo
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Eur J Haematol 76:160-3. 2006..Instead, purified CD34(+) cells were administered after fludarabine and antithymocyte globulin therapy. As a result, the PRCA was resolved and the antidonor isohemagglutinin titer became undetectable...
- The granulocytes in neutropenia 1 (GIN 1) study: a safety study of granulocytes collected from whole blood and stored in additive solution and plasmaEdwin Massey
NHS Blood and Transplant, North Bristol Park, Northway Filton, Bristol BS34 7QH, UK
Transfus Med 22:277-84. 2012..To evaluate the safety of transfusing pooled, whole blood-derived granulocytes in additive solution and plasma (GASP) in 30 recipients...
- Granulocyte transfusionsV Rimajova
Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
Bratisl Lek Listy 113:175-81. 2012..74)...
- Alloantibodies prevent the induction of transplantation tolerance by enhancing alloreactive T cell primingAudrea M Burns
Section of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Immunol 186:214-21. 2011..These observations highlight the ability of alloantibodies to function not only in classical humoral rejection but also as opsonins that facilitate the CD40-CD154-independent activation of alloreactive T cells...
- Experimental endometriosis in immunocompromised mice after adoptive transfer of human leukocytesKaylon L Bruner-Tran
Women s Reproductive Health Research Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Fertil Steril 93:2519-24. 2010..To develop a chimeric human/mouse model of experimental endometriosis for the examination of the role of human immune cells in this disease...
- Apoptotic donor leukocytes limit mixed-chimerism induced by CD40-CD154 blockade in allogeneic bone marrow transplantationJian Ming Li
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:1239-49. 2006....
- Donor leukocyte infusions and graft-versus-malignancyJoseph H Antin
Medical Oncology Stem Cell Transplantation Program, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Apher 20:113-6. 2005
- Allogeneic transplantation for myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)Wendy Ingram
Department of Haematological Medicine, Kings College Hospital and Kings College London, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9RS, UK
Blood Rev 21:61-71. 2007..The graft versus dysplasia effect resulting from allogeneic HSCT and the infusion of donor leukocytes has led to a greater understanding of the immunological mechanisms that govern outcome following transplantation in MDS...
- Current status review: the severe combined immunodeficient (SCID) mouse: xenogeneic-SCID chimeras in the investigation of human autoimmune diseaseP C Taylor
Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, London, UK
Int J Exp Pathol 73:251-9. 1992
- Cytomegalovirus infections in cancer patients receiving granulocyte transfusionsW Garrett Nichols
Blood 99:3483-4. 2002
- Current treatment options for chronic granulomatous diseaseDavid Goldblatt
Immunology Department, Great Ormond Street Children s Hospital NHS Trust, Great Ormond Street, London, WC1N 3JH, UK
Expert Opin Pharmacother 3:857-63. 2002..New antifungal agents provide the promise of improved cure rates for invasive Aspergillus, while bone marrow transplants and gene therapy may offer the promise of complete cure...
- Intravenous injection of apoptotic leukocytes enhances bone marrow engraftment across major histocompatibility barriersM C Bittencourt
, , , France
Blood 98:224-30. 2001..Such a simple approach could be of interest in BM transplantation settings involving an important HLA donor/recipient disparity, a T-cell-depleted graft, or reduced conditioning regimen intensity...
- Granulocyte transfusion therapy: update on potential clinical applicationsK Hubel
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7185, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 8:161-4. 2001..This review summarizes the current role of granulocyte transfusion therapy in infectious diseases and highlights important recent advances...
- Immunomodulation of invasive fungal infectionsEmmanuel Roilides
Third Department of Pediatrics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Hippokration Hospital, Konstantinoupoleos 49, GR 54642 Thessaloniki, Greece
Infect Dis Clin North Am 17:193-219. 2003..There is an urgent need to push forward with well-structured, randomized clinical trials to determine optimal dose, duration, and timing for different combinations of immunotherapy and antifungal agents in high-risk patients...
- Nonmyeloablative bone marrow transplantation: Infectious complications in 65 recipients of HLA-identical and mismatched transplantsAndrew Daly
Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant Program, Princess Margaret Hospital University Health Network, University of Toronto, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:373-82. 2003..We conclude that a quantitative T-cell deficiency in these extensively T-cell depleted patients may be a risk factor for infection, even in the absence of graft-versus-host disease...
- Severe Combined Immunodeficient (SCID) Mice in Vaccine AssessmentMichael J Dennis
Health Protection Agency, Centre for Applied Microbiology and Research, Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Methods Mol Med 87:313-34. 2003
- Alloimmunization in preterm infants after repeated transfusions of WBC-reduced RBCs from the same donorR G Strauss
Department of Pathology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242 1182, USA
Transfusion 40:1463-8. 2000....
- Prolonged survival of neonatal porcine islet xenografts in mice treated with a donor-specific transfusion and anti-CD154 antibodyMichael C Appel
Department of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Transplantation 77:1341-9. 2004....
- Mouse strain and conditioning regimen determine survival and function of human leucocytes in immunodeficient miceK G Tournoy
Department of Respiratory Diseases, University Hospital Gent, Belgium
Clin Exp Immunol 119:231-9. 2000..In conclusion, reducing the function of the innate immune system in immunodeficient mice improves survival of the human graft and can result in an activation of the memory B cells without the need for recall antigen exposure...
- Microbial contamination of cellular products for hematolymphoid transplantation therapy: assessment of the problem and strategies to minimize the clinical impactJ N Lowder
Protein Design Labs, Inc, Fremont, CA 94555, USA
Cytotherapy 5:377-90. 2003..Detection of contamination is problematic, and the clinical significance of infusing contaminated HPSC is controversial...
- The cellular immunotherapy of viral infectionP A H Moss
Cancer Research UK Institute for Cancer Studies, The University of Birmingham and University Hospitals NHS Trust, Birmingham, UK
Transfus Med 13:405-15. 2003..The application of cellular immunotherapy to the immunocompromised patient is one of the most exciting areas of clinical medicine and offers the prospect of significant clinical impact...
- Prompt resolution of nasal aspergillosis with intranasal instillation of liposomal amphotericin-B (amBisome) and granulocyte transfusionsPier Paolo Piccaluga
Leuk Lymphoma 45:637-8. 2004
- Highly efficient prion transmission by blood transfusionOlivier Andreoletti
UMR INRA ENVT 1225, Interactions Hôtes Agents Pathogènes, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002782. 2012..These results demonstrate that TSE transmission by blood transfusion can be highly efficient and that this efficiency is more dependent on the viability of transfused cells than the level of infectivity measured by IC inoculation...
- The effect of donor leukocyte infusion on refractory pure red blood cell aplasia after allogeneic stem cell transplantation in a patient with myelodysplastic syndrome developing from Kostmann syndromeYasuhiro Ebihara
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 12 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Hematol 86:446-50. 2007..The results indicate that the conditioning regimen we describe seems safe and effective for those who have MDS/AML and that DLI might be a valuable approach for refractory PRCA after ABO-incompatible SCT...
- Effect of whole bone marrow cell infusion in the progression of experimental chronic renal failureH C Caldas
Laboratory of Immunology and Experimental Transplantation LITEX, Medical School FAMERP FUNFARME, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, SP, Brazil
Transplant Proc 40:853-5. 2008..In the present study, we sought to assess whether the infusion of bone marrow-derived mononuclear cells (MoSCs) and mesenchymal cells (MSCs) could reduce/stabilize the rate of progression of chronic renal failure (CRF) in rats...
- Granulocyte transfusions for neutropenic patients with life-threatening infections: a single centre experience in 47 patients, who received 348 granulocyte transfusionsY Ofran
Department of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Blood Bank and Apheresis Unit, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Vox Sang 93:363-9. 2007..The role of granulocyte transfusions (GT) in patients with neutropenia-related infections remains controversial...
- [99mTc-HMPAO-labelled leukocytes in osteoarticular infection: clinical cases and diagnostic problems]J C Alonso Farto
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Espana
Rev Esp Med Nucl 27:217-33. 2008
- Association of HLA-DR5 with recurrent spontaneous abortion in women treated with paternal leukocytes. Possible subclinical autoimmune diseaseJ B Smith
Department of Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
Arthritis Rheum 32:1572-6. 1989..01). Our findings suggest the possibility of an underlying autoimmune disease in these women...
- Transfusion-associated graft-versus-host diseaseJ M Rappeport
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
Yale J Biol Med 63:445-54. 1990..This syndrome may, however, also develop in immunologically competent patients receiving blood products from individuals with histocompatibility antigens not recognized as foreign...
- Biologic and molecular effects of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in healthy individuals: recent findings and current challengesPaolo Anderlini
Department of Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 111:1767-72. 2008..Based on the totality of information that is currently available, the administration of rhG-CSF to healthy donors for the purpose of PBPC donation continues to have a favorable risk-benefit profile...
- Upregulation of intragraft interleukin-10 by infusion of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-mobilized donor leukocytesHiroyuki Egi
Department of Surgery II, Hiroshima University Faculty of Medicine, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Japan
Transpl Int 15:479-85. 2002..On day 6, IFN-gamma and IL-2 mRNA levels were approximately half those of the control levels. Allograft-restricted IL-10 upregulation followed by type-1 cytokine downregulation can be achieved by the use of G-DLI...
- Why have meta-analyses of randomized controlled trials of the association between non-white-blood-cell-reduced allogeneic blood transfusion and postoperative infection produced discordant results?E C Vamvakas
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Vox Sang 93:196-207. 2007..Intention-to-treat and as-treated comparisons produced concordant results...
- Granulocyte transfusions in neutropaenic children: a systematic review of the literatureM D van de Wetering
Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 43:2082-92. 2007..We reviewed all the paediatric data available on GTX, to gain a insight in to the indications for use, favourable effects and side effects in patients and donors...
- A novel method for isolation of neutrophils from murine blood using negative immunomagnetic separationM J Cotter
Cardiovascular Research Group, Division of Clinical Sciences North, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S5 7AU, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 159:473-81. 2001..These findings show that neutrophils isolated using this method can be used for inflammatory studies in vitro and in vivo...
- Granulocyte transfusion: current statusThomas H Price
Puget Sound Blood Center and Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Semin Hematol 44:15-23. 2007..Randomized controlled clinical trials are needed to determine whether this therapy is useful in either clearing infections or prolonging survival...
- Polycythemia in an infant secondary to granulocyte transfusionsOlufolake Adisa
Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 57:1236-8. 2011..Expanded knowledge of potential risks of transfused granulocytes will allow for rapid recognition of transfusion-related complications, should they occur...
- Living related pancreas transplantation alone with enteric drainage in Japan: case reportY Sato
Division of Digestive and General Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Niigata, Japan
Transplant Proc 40:2559-61. 2008In this study, we report a living donor partial pancreas transplantation using intraportal donor-specific leukocyte transfusion (DSLT). The recipient was a 38-year-old woman who had type I diabetes mellitus for 17 years...
- The graft-versus-leukemia effects of allogeneic cell therapyD L Porter
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Annu Rev Med 50:369-86. 1999....
- CD8-depleted donor leukocyte transfusions for cytomegalovirus antigenemia in patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated with allogeneic CD34(+) cell transplantationH Okumura
Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Prefectural Central Hospital, Toyama, Japan
Am J Hematol 65:278-80. 2000..After CD8-depleted DLT, the CMV antigenemia disappeared completely. This case report suggested that CD8-depleted DLT was an effective therapy for CMV antigenemia after allogeneic CD34(+) cell transplantation...
- [Indications and utilization of labile blood products]V Lapierre
Unité de Médecine Transfusionnelle et d Hémovigilance, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif
Presse Med 28:1321-6. 1999..WHITE BLOOD CELL: The transfusion of this type of product should be reserved for clinical situations determined on a consensus basis between clinicians and hemobiologists...
- Delayed recovery after autologous peripheral hematopoietic cell transplantation: potential effect of a high number of total nucleated cells in the graftHélène Trébéden-Negre
Department of Biotherapy, Unite de recherche clinique, AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Transfusion 50:2649-59. 2010..Factors considered being possible predictors of this outcome in this context were explored...
- Safety and efficacy of activated transfected killer cells for neutropenic fungal infectionsLin Lin
Division of Infectious Diseases, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute, Harbor University of California at Los Angeles UCLA Medical Center, 1124 West Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
J Infect Dis 201:1708-17. 2010..Invasive fungal infections cause considerable morbidity and mortality in neutropenic patients. White blood cell transfusions are a promising treatment for such infections, but technical barriers have prevented their widespread use...
- Toll-like receptor-induced reactivity and strongly potentiated IL-8 production in granulocytes mobilized for transfusion purposesAgata Drewniak
Department of Blood Cell Research, Phagocyte Laboratory, Sanquin Research and Landsteiner Laboratory, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 115:4588-96. 2010..In summary, granulocytes mobilized for transfusion purposes show enhanced TLR responsiveness in cytokine production, which is anticipated to be beneficial for the function of these cells on transfusion into patients...
- Allogeneic lymphocyte infusions to treat myeloid cancersEphraim Fuchs; Fiscal Year: 2007..We wish to test whether removal of these CD8+ T cells enhances the safety of WBC transfusions for patients with blood cancers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Patient-Oriented Cancer Research Training ProgramEmil Freireich; Fiscal Year: 2004..The program will prepare oncology physician specialists for careers in academic patient-oriented research in oncology. ..
- CD4 Regulator T Cells Suppress Alloreactivity after BMTBryon Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The information obtained will contribute significantly to our understanding of the role of regulatory T cells in mediating dominant peripheral tolerance after allo-BMT and could lead to translational applications in clinical BMT. ..
- Innate Effectors of rAls3p-N Anti-Candida VaccineBrad J Spellberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..PNS 398/2590 (Rev. 11/07) Page - Continuation Format Page ..
- Humanized mice for Neuro AIDSLarisa Poluektova; Fiscal Year: 2008..This model will be the best suited for NeuroAIDS research. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adrenergic Antagonism During Murine CandidiasisBrad Spellberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..For these reasons, the potential for adrenergic antagonism to act as an effective immunotherapy is highly meritorious of investigation in this training application. ..
- Experimental Endometriosis in Mice After Adoptive Transfer of Human Immune CellsKAYLON BRUNER TRAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..With this information, better treatment strategies that target immune cell factors could begin to be developed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Optimizing T cell Immunity to Cancer VaccinesMiguel Angel Perales; Fiscal Year: 2006..This environment maximizes the potential for the principal investigator to establish a successful independent research program. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of lefty in implantationSiamak Tabibzadeh; Fiscal Year: 2006..These results are expected to demonstrate the feasibility of using lefty protein as a target in therapeutic interventions for infertility and related disorders and abortion. ..
- Genetic Targeting of T cells to B cell malignanciesRenier Brentjens; Fiscal Year: 2005..The data derived from these studies will be applied to the rational development of future clinical trials in human subjects with B cell malignancies. ..
- Regulation of Engraftment & Immunity by GD T CellsWilliam Drobyski; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Vaccine efficacy post related and unrelated HCTTrudy Small; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- IMMUNOLOGICAL CONSEQUENCES OF TRANSFUSIONLoren Fast; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Separating Antitumor & GvHD in Allogeneic T-CellsEDMUND WALLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our studies will improve the understanding of the role of donor cells in inducing GvHD and GvT effects after allogeneic HPCT and facilitate development of novel approaches in immunotherapy cancer patients. ..