Genomes and Genes
Summary: Excision of a kidney. (Dorland, 28th ed)
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications476 found, 100 shown here
- Laparo-endoscopic single site (LESS) versus standard laparoscopic left donor nephrectomy: matched-pair comparisonDavid Canes
Department of Urology, Lahey Clinic, Burlington, MA, USA
Eur Urol 57:95-101. 2010Laparo-endoscopic single site (LESS) surgery is a recent development in minimally invasive surgery. Presented herein is the initial comparison of LESS donor nephrectomy (LESS-DN) and standard laparoscopic living donor nephrectomy (LLDN).
- Renal-cell carcinomaHerbert T Cohen
Renal and Hematology Oncology Sections, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Evans Biomedical Research Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
N Engl J Med 353:2477-90. 2005
- Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery versus standard laparoscopic simple nephrectomy: a prospective randomized studyVolkan Tugcu
Bakirkoy Dr Sadi Konuk Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Endourol 24:1315-20. 2010..Our aim was to compare LESS simple nephrectomy (LESS-SN) and conventional transperitoneal laparoscopic simple nephrectomy (CTL-SN).
- Compensatory renal growth after unilateral nephrectomy in the ovine fetusRebecca Douglas-Denton
Howard Florey Institute of Experimental Physiology and Medicine, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Australia
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:406-10. 2002Unilateral nephrectomy of the adult animal results in compensatory renal growth but does not involve formation of new nephrons...
- Comparison of 1,800 laparoscopic and open partial nephrectomies for single renal tumorsInderbir S Gill
Glickman Urological Institute, Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Urol 178:41-6. 2007Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy is an increasingly performed, minimally invasive alternative to open partial nephrectomy...
- Chronic kidney disease after nephrectomy in patients with renal cortical tumours: a retrospective cohort studyWilliam C Huang
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Lancet Oncol 7:735-40. 2006..We aimed to examine new onset of chronic kidney disease in patients with small, renal cortical tumours undergoing radical or partial nephrectomy.
- European guidelines for the diagnosis and management of upper urinary tract urothelial cell carcinomas: 2011 updateMorgan Roupret
Department of Urology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, GHU Est, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Eur Urol 59:584-94. 2011....
- A prospective, randomised EORTC intergroup phase 3 study comparing the oncologic outcome of elective nephron-sparing surgery and radical nephrectomy for low-stage renal cell carcinomaHendrik VAN Poppel
Department of Urology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Urol 59:543-52. 2011Nephron-sparing surgery (NSS) can safely be performed with slightly higher complication rates than radical nephrectomy (RN), but proof of oncologic effectiveness is lacking.
- Carbonic anhydrase IX is an independent predictor of survival in advanced renal clear cell carcinoma: implications for prognosis and therapyMatthew H T Bui
Department of Urology, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1738, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:802-11. 2003..To date, there are no molecular markers which can reliably predict RCC outcome. We investigated whether a novel kidney cancer marker, carbonic anhydrase IX (CAIX), is associated with progression and survival...
- 7-year oncological outcomes after laparoscopic and open partial nephrectomyBrian R Lane
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Urol 183:473-9. 2010Open partial nephrectomy has proven long-term oncological efficacy. Long-term outcomes of laparoscopic partial nephrectomy are pending...
- Radical nephrectomy for pT1a renal masses may be associated with decreased overall survival compared with partial nephrectomyR Houston Thompson
Department of Urology, Mayo Medical School and Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Urol 179:468-71; discussion 472-3. 2008We reviewed our surgical experience with small renal tumors, comparing overall survival in patients treated with radical and partial nephrectomy.
- Long-term survival following partial vs radical nephrectomy among older patients with early-stage kidney cancerHung Jui Tan
Dow Division of Health Services Research, Department of Urology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2800, USA
JAMA 307:1629-35. 2012Although partial nephrectomy is the preferred treatment for many patients with early-stage kidney cancer, recent clinical trial data, which demonstrate better survival for patients treated with radical nephrectomy, have generated new ..
- Impaired angiogenesis in the remnant kidney model: II. Vascular endothelial growth factor administration reduces renal fibrosis and stabilizes renal functionD H Kang
Division of Nephrology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:1448-57. 2001..58 +/- 3.45%, VEGF versus vehicle, P < 0.01). In conclusion, VEGF treatment reduces fibrosis and stabilizes renal function in the RK model. The use of angiogenic factors may represent a new approach to the treatment of kidney disease...
- Positive surgical margins at partial nephrectomy: predictors and oncological outcomesOfer Yossepowitch
Urology Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Urol 179:2158-63. 2008The prognostic significance and optimal management of positive surgical margins following partial nephrectomy remain ill-defined...
- Preoperative aspects and dimensions used for an anatomical (PADUA) classification of renal tumours in patients who are candidates for nephron-sparing surgeryVincenzo Ficarra
Department of Oncological and Surgical Sciences, Urologic Clinic, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Eur Urol 56:786-93. 2009..Besides clinical tumour size, other anatomical aspects of the renal tumour are routinely considered when evaluating the feasibility of elective nephron-sparing surgery (NSS)...
- Cytokines induce small intestine and liver injury after renal ischemia or nephrectomySang Won Park
Department of Anesthesiology, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY 10032 3784, USA
Lab Invest 91:63-84. 2011..Mice subjected to AKI (renal ischemia reperfusion (IR) or nephrectomy) rapidly developed acute hepatic dysfunction and suffered significantly worse hepatic IR injury...
- Comparison of cold and warm ischemia during partial nephrectomy in 660 solitary kidneys reveals predominant role of nonmodifiable factors in determining ultimate renal functionBrian R Lane
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Urol 185:421-7. 2011Factors that determine renal function after partial nephrectomy are not well-defined, including the impact of cold vs warm ischemia, and the relative importance of modifiable and nonmodifiable factors...
- Preoperative nutritional status is an important predictor of survival in patients undergoing surgery for renal cell carcinomaTodd M Morgan
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department of Urologic Surgery, Nashville, TN 37215, USA
Eur Urol 59:923-8. 2011..The role of malnutrition has not been well studied in patients undergoing surgery for renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Zero ischemia anatomical partial nephrectomy: a novel approachInderbir S Gill
Center for Advanced Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgery, USC Institute of Urology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
J Urol 187:807-14. 2012We present a novel concept of zero ischemia anatomical robotic and laparoscopic partial nephrectomy.
- Assessing the impact of ischaemia time during partial nephrectomyFrank Becker
Department of Urology, University of Saarland, Kirrbergerstrasse, Homburg Saar, Germany
Eur Urol 56:625-34. 2009..The impact of applying renal ischaemia during nephron-sparing surgery to avoid renal damage in the treated kidney has gained importance in different surgical techniques...
- Robot-assisted partial nephrectomy: an international experienceBrian M Benway
Division of Urologic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
Eur Urol 57:815-20. 2010Robot-assisted partial nephrectomy (RAPN) is emerging as a viable approach for nephron-sparing surgery (NSS), though many reports to date have been limited by evaluation of a relatively small number of patients.
- Near infrared fluorescence imaging with robotic assisted laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: initial clinical experience for renal cortical tumorsScott Tobis
Departments of Urology and Pathology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
J Urol 186:47-52. 2011..fluorescence of intravenously injected indocyanine green in performing robotic assisted laparoscopic partial nephrectomy. In addition, we evaluated the initial performance of a novel near infrared fluorescence imaging system ..
- Transumbilical single-port laparoscopic partial nephrectomyMonish Aron
Department of Urology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
BJU Int 103:516-21. 2009To present the initial experience with laparoscopic partial nephrectomy (LPN) performed through a transumbilical single port.
- Factors predicting renal functional outcome after partial nephrectomyBrian R Lane
Department of Urology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Urol 180:2363-8; discussion 2368-9. 2008Compared to radical nephrectomy, partial nephrectomy better preserves renal parenchyma and function...
- Robot-assisted partial nephrectomy: evolution and recent advancesBrian M Benway
Division of Urologic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Curr Opin Urol 20:119-24. 2010Robot-assisted partial nephrectomy (RAPN) is emerging as a viable complement to traditional laparoscopic and open partial nephrectomy. As a relatively new technique, the techniques and technologies employed during RAPN continue to evolve...
- Outcomes of radical nephroureterectomy: a series from the Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma CollaborationVitaly Margulis
Department of Urology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 115:1224-33. 2009..A large series of patients treated with radical nephroureterectomy for UTUC were studied, and variables associated with poor prognosis were identified...
- Nephron sparing surgery for renal tumors: indications, techniques and outcomesR G Uzzo
Department of Urology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Urol 166:6-18. 2001..were performed to identify published peer reviewed articles pertaining to nephron sparing surgery or partial nephrectomy from 1980 to 2000. Pertinent articles were collated and reviewed...
- Long-term outcomes after nephron sparing surgery for renal cell carcinoma larger than 4 cmMatthieu Peycelon
Department of Urology, Groupement Hospitalier Universitaire Est Pitié Tenon, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Faculté de Médecine Pierre et Marie Curie, University Paris VI, Paris, France
J Urol 181:35-41. 2009..We determined the cancer control provided by nephron sparing surgery for renal cell carcinoma greater than 4 cm...
- Every minute counts when the renal hilum is clamped during partial nephrectomyR Houston Thompson
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Eur Urol 58:340-5. 2010The safe duration of warm ischemia during partial nephrectomy remains controversial.
- Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy 1997 to 2003: lessons learned with 500 cases at a single institutionJoseph R Leventhal
Division of Organ Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
Surgery 136:881-90. 2004Laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy (LDN) is a less invasive alternative to traditional open nephrectomy that has several potential advantages...
- Proposed classification of complications after live donor nephrectomyBurak Kocak
Division of Organ Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60610, USA
Urology 67:927-31. 2006A standardized classification for the potential complications of living donor nephrectomy is an essential step in establishing a construct for monitoring and reporting the outcomes of this procedure...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery for nephrectomy as a feasible alternative to traditional laparoscopyJames H Raybourn
Department of Urology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Urology 75:100-3. 2010To report an initial clinical urologic experience using single-port surgery compared to the traditional laparoscopic technique for nephrectomy.
- Surveillance after radical or partial nephrectomy for localized renal cell carcinoma and management of recurrent diseaseNicolette K Janzen
Department of Urology, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, CHS 66 118, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1738, USA
Urol Clin North Am 30:843-52. 2003..Factors including patient comorbidities and patient willingness to pursue aggressive management in the event of recurrence may alter the follow-up for each individual...
- Partial nephrectomy versus radical nephrectomy in patients with small renal tumors--is there a difference in mortality and cardiovascular outcomes?William C Huang
Department of Urology, New York University Medical Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
J Urol 181:55-61; discussion 61-2. 2009Compared with partial nephrectomy, radical nephrectomy increases the risk of chronic kidney disease, which is a significant risk factor for cardiovascular events and death...
- Identification of MicroRNAs associated with early relapse after nephrectomy in renal cell carcinoma patientsOndrej Slaby
Department of Comprehensive Cancer Care, Masaryk Memorial Cancer Institute, Brno, Czech Republic
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:707-16. 2012..medical needs in RCC is prognostic biomarker enabling identification of patients at high risk of relapse after nephrectomy. MicroRNAs (miRNAs) constitute a robust regulatory network with posttranscriptional regulatory efficiency for ..
- Robotic partial nephrectomy with sliding-clip renorrhaphy: technique and outcomesBrian M Benway
Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Division of Urologic Surgery, Saint Louis, MO, USA
Eur Urol 55:592-9. 2009Robotic partial nephrectomy (RPN) is emerging as an alternative to traditional laparoscopic partial nephrectomy (LPN). Despite the potential advantages of the robotic approach, renorrhaphy remains a challenging portion of the procedure.
- Robot-assisted partial nephrectomy: a large single-institutional experienceBenjamin J Scoll
Department of Urologic Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Urology 75:1328-34. 2010To report experience with 100 robot-assisted partial nephrectomy (RAPN) operations performed at our institution. Nephron-sparing surgery is an established treatment for patients with small renal masses...
- Multi-institutional analysis of robotic partial nephrectomy for hilar versus nonhilar lesions in 446 consecutive casesLori M Dulabon
Division of Urologic Oncology, Department of Urology, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Eur Urol 59:325-30. 2011Minimally invasive approaches to partial nephrectomy have been rapidly gaining popularity but require advanced laparoscopic surgical skills...
- Laparo-endoscopic single-site surgery: preliminary advances in renal surgerySashi S Kommu
Department of Urology, City General Hospital, The University Hospital North Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, UK
BJU Int 103:1034-7. 2009..It is inevitable that LESS will be extended to involve more complex and technically demanding procedures such as laparoscopic radical prostatectomy and partial nephrectomy.
- Effect of ACE2 and angiotensin-(1-7) in a mouse model of early chronic kidney diseaseMarc Dilauro
Division of Nephrology, Departments of Medicine and Cellular and Molecular Medicine, The Ottawa Hospital, and Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F1523-32. 2010..We studied the effects of ACE2 inhibition and ANG-(1-7) in the (5/6) nephrectomy ((5/6) Nx) mouse model of chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Expression of miRNA-106b in conventional renal cell carcinoma is a potential marker for prediction of early metastasis after nephrectomyOndrej Slaby
Department of Comprehensive Cancer Care, Masaryk Memorial Cancer Institute, Zluty kopec 7, Brno, Czech Republic
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 29:90. 2010..MicroRNAs are endogenously expressed regulatory noncoding RNAs. Previous studies have shown altered expression levels of several microRNAs in renal cell carcinoma...
- Adverse renal outcomes in subjects undergoing nephrectomy for renal tumors: a population-based analysisScott Klarenbach
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Immunology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Eur Urol 59:333-9. 2011There has been increasing interest in determining renal outcomes after nephrectomy for renal tumors. Previous studies have not assessed all relevant risk factors, including proteinuria.
- Renal oxygenation during robot-assisted laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: characterization using laparoscopic digital light processing hyperspectral imagingEphrem O Olweny
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Endourol 27:265-9. 2013..The system was used to characterize renal oxygenation during robot-assisted laparoscopic partial nephrectomy (RALPN) in humans.
- Renal cell carcinoma: current status and future prospectsBeverly J Drucker
Greenwich Hospital, 77 Lafayette Place, Greenwich, CT 06830, USA
Cancer Treat Rev 31:536-45. 2005..Adrenal-sparing radical total nephrectomy, and laparoscopic radical and total nephrectomy are increasingly being performed in preference to radical ..
- Predictive factors for mortality and need for nephrectomy in patients with emphysematous pyelonephritisRakesh Kapoor
Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute, Lucknow, India
BJU Int 105:986-9. 2010To analyse the factors predicting the mortality and need for nephrectomy in patients with emphysematous pyelonephritis (EPN).
- Chronic kidney disease after nephroureterectomy for upper tract urothelial carcinoma and implications for the administration of perioperative chemotherapyBrian R Lane
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Cancer 116:2967-73. 2010..Although multimodal treatment paradigms for UTUC are under-developed, this has important implications on patients' ability to receive cisplatin-based combination chemotherapy (CBCC)...
- Changes in renal function following nephroureterectomy may affect the use of perioperative chemotherapyMatthew G Kaag
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Eur Urol 58:581-7. 2010..Nephroureterectomy alone fails to adequately treat many patients with advanced upper tract urothelial carcinoma (UTUC). Perioperative platinum-based chemotherapy has been proposed but requires adequate renal function...
- Preoperative hydronephrosis grade independently predicts worse pathological outcomes in patients undergoing nephroureterectomy for upper tract urothelial carcinomaYujiro Ito
Department of Urology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Urol 185:1621-6. 2011....
- Functional recovery after partial nephrectomy: effects of volume loss and ischemic injuryMatthew N Simmons
Sections of Urologic Oncology and Minimally Invasive and Robotic Urologic Surgery, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Urol 187:1667-73. 2012We used what is to our knowledge a new method to estimate volume loss after partial nephrectomy to assess the relative contributions of ischemic injury and volume loss on functional outcomes.
- Comparative effectiveness for survival and renal function of partial and radical nephrectomy for localized renal tumors: a systematic review and meta-analysisSimon P Kim
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Urol 188:51-7. 2012The relative effectiveness of partial vs radical nephrectomy remains unclear in light of the recent phase 3 European Organization for the Research and Treatment of Cancer trial...
- Primary micro neuroendocrine tumor arising in a horseshoe kidney with cyst: report of a case and review of literatureQingfu Zhang
Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital and College of Basic Medical Sciences, NO, 92 North Second Road, Heping District, Shenyang 110001, China
Diagn Pathol 7:126. 2012..Virtual slides: The virtual slide(s) for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/2121156944757267...
- Induction of AMPK activity corrects early pathophysiological alterations in the subtotal nephrectomy model of chronic kidney diseaseJoseph Satriano
Div of Nephrology Hypertension, O Brien Kidney Center, University of California San Diego and Veterans Administration San Diego Healthcare System, La Jolla, California 92161, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 305:F727-33. 2013The rat kidney ablation and infarction (A/I) model of subtotal or 5/6th nephrectomy is the most commonly studied model of nondiabetic chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Risk group assessment and clinical outcome algorithm to predict the natural history of patients with surgically resected renal cell carcinomaAmnon Zisman
Division of Urologic Oncology, Department of Urology, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1738, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:4559-66. 2002..To create a comprehensive algorithm that can predict postoperative renal cell carcinoma (RCC) patient outcomes and response to therapy...
- Prospective study of the relationship between the systemic inflammatory response, prognostic scoring systems and relapse-free and cancer-specific survival in patients undergoing potentially curative resection for renal cancerSara Ramsey
Department of Urology, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow, UK
BJU Int 101:959-63. 2008....
- Laparoendoscopic single-site donor nephrectomy: a single-center experienceArvind P Ganpule
Department of Urology, Muljibhai Patel Urological Institute, Nadiad, Gujarat, India
Urology 74:1238-40. 2009To present our experience with 13 patients undergoing laparoendoscopic single-site live donor nephrectomy.
- Chylous ascites requiring surgical intervention after donor nephrectomy: case series and single center experienceJ Aerts
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Am J Transplant 10:124-8. 2010Chylous ascites as a result of laparoscopic donor nephrectomy (LDN) is a rare complication that carries significant morbidity, including severe protein-calorie malnutrition and an associated immunocompromised state...
- Fetal uninephrectomy in male sheep alters the systemic and renal responses to angiotensin II infusion and AT1R blockadeReetu R Singh
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 301:F319-26. 2011..001). In conclusion, in 6-mo-old male sheep born with a single kidney, these studies demonstrate that this is a low-renin form of hypertension, in which responses to ANG II are perturbed and the intrarenal RAS is downregulated...
- NOTES transvaginal nephrectomy: first human experienceJihad H Kaouk
Center for Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Urology 74:5-8. 2009To present the operative outcomes of the first natural orifice translumenal endoscopic surgery (NOTES) transvaginal nephrectomy.
- Comparison of laparoendoscopic single-site radical nephrectomy with conventional laparoscopic radical nephrectomy for localized renal-cell carcinomaYong Hyun Park
Department of Urology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Endourol 24:997-1003. 2010To compare the results of laparoendoscopic single-site (LESS) radical nephrectomy with conventional laparoscopic radical nephrectomy for localized renal-cell carcinoma (RCC).
- Objective measures of renal mass anatomic complexity predict rates of major complications following partial nephrectomyJay Simhan
Division of Urologic Oncology, Department of Surgical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Eur Urol 60:724-30. 2011The association between tumor complexity and postoperative complications after partial nephrectomy (PN) has not been well characterized.
- Risk factors and management of urine leaks after partial nephrectomyJoshua J Meeks
Department of Urology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Urol 180:2375-8. 2008..To our knowledge the risk factors of and management strategies for urine leaks have not been studied. We report our experience with the risk factors of and management for urine leaks after open and laparoscopic partial nephrectomy.
- Pure natural orifice translumenal endoscopic surgery (NOTES) transvaginal nephrectomyJihad H Kaouk
Center for Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Eur Urol 57:723-6. 2010..Attempts to complete a pure NOTES transvaginal nephrectomy have thus far been unsuccessful...
- Robotic partial nephrectomy for renal tumors larger than 4 cmManish N Patel
Henry Ford Hospital, Vattikuti Urology Institute, Detroit, Michigan 48202 2689, USA
Eur Urol 57:310-6. 2010Minimally invasive partial nephrectomy (PN) is most commonly performed for renal tumors < or =4 cm in size. Robotic PN (RPN) for tumors >4 cm has not been assessed.
- The impact of cytoreductive nephrectomy on survival of patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma receiving vascular endothelial growth factor targeted therapyToni K Choueiri
Kidney Cancer Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Urol 185:60-6. 2011Vascular endothelial growth factor targeted therapy is a standard of care in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. The role of cytoreductive nephrectomy in the era of novel agents remains poorly defined.
- Melatonin ameliorates oxidative stress, inflammation, proteinuria, and progression of renal damage in rats with renal mass reductionYasmir Quiroz
Centro de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Científicas Zulia, Maracaibo, Venezuela
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 294:F336-44. 2008..Further studies are necessary to define the potential usefulness of this treatment in other animal models and in patients with chronic renal disease...
- Radiofrequency ablation-assisted robotic laparoscopic partial nephrectomy without renal hilar vessel clamping versus laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: a comparison of perioperative outcomesSimon D Wu
Department of Urology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Endourol 24:385-91. 2010Radiofrequency ablation (RFA)-assisted laparoscopic partial nephrectomy (LPN) may allow for improved hemostasis without need for renal hilar vessel clamping and elimination of warm ischemia to the kidney...
- Angiotensin-(1-7) infusion is associated with increased blood pressure and adverse cardiac remodelling in rats with subtotal nephrectomyElena Velkoska
Department of Medicine, The University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Heidelberg, Victoria 3081, Australia
Clin Sci (Lond) 120:335-45. 2011..Male SD (Sprague-Dawley) rats underwent STNx (subtotal nephrectomy) and were treated for 10 days with vehicle, the ACE inhibitor ramipril (oral 1 mg·kg(-1) of body weight·day(-..
- Barbed suture for renorrhaphy during robot-assisted partial nephrectomyJesse Sammon
Vattikuti Urology Institute, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Endourol 25:529-33. 2011Robot-assisted partial nephrectomy (RAPN) is an emerging technique for minimally invasive nephron-sparing surgery that may facilitate the technical challenges of sutured renorrhaphy...
- Open partial nephrectomy for tumor in a solitary kidney: experience with 400 casesAmr F Fergany
Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Urol 175:1630-3; discussion 1633. 2006We present a series of 400 patients with tumor in a solitary kidney who underwent open surgical partial nephrectomy performed by a single surgeon (ACN) with a primary focus on postoperative long-term kidney function.
- Differential regulation of angiotensin-(1-12) in plasma and cardiac tissue in response to bilateral nephrectomyCarlos M Ferrario
The Hypertension and Vascular Research Center, Wake Forest Univ School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H1184-92. 2009We examined the effects of 48 h bilateral nephrectomy on plasma and cardiac tissue expression of angiotensin-(1-12) [ANG-(1-12)], ANG I, and ANG II in adult Wistar-Kyoto rats to evaluate functional changes induced by removing renal renin...
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy versus robot-assisted laparoscopic partial nephrectomyWooju Jeong
Department of Urology, Urological Science Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Endourol 23:1457-60. 2009Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy (LPN) is an alternative treatment modality for small-sized renal tumors. Robot-assisted LPN (RLPN) has also been performed with an advantage in repairing the defect after a resection of the tumor...
- Impact of ischemia on renal function after laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: a multicenter studySergey Shikanov
Section of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Urol 183:1714-8. 2010We assessed the influence of renal ischemia on long-term global renal function after laparoscopic partial nephrectomy in patients with 2 functioning kidneys in a large, multicenter cohort.
- Mild hyperuricemia induces vasoconstriction and maintains glomerular hypertension in normal and remnant kidney ratsLaura G Sanchez-Lozada
Department of Nephrology, Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia Ignacio Chavez, Mexico City, Mexico
Kidney Int 67:237-47. 2005....
- Effects of low dose sympathetic inhibition on glomerulosclerosis and albuminuria in subtotally nephrectomized ratsK Amann
Department of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:1469-78. 2000..In kidneys of SNX rats, indirect evidence was found for increased activity of a reduced number of nerve fibers...
- Emerging nephron sparing treatments for kidney tumors: a continuum of modalities from energy ablation to laparoscopic partial nephrectomyNicola J Mabjeesh
Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Urol 171:553-60. 2004..We discuss the role of nephron sparing surgery by less invasive options than the time-honored partial nephrectomy, and the current multitude of energy based tumor ablative methods.
- Ischemic acute kidney injury induces a distant organ functional and genomic response distinguishable from bilateral nephrectomyHeitham T Hassoun
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F30-40. 2007..we conducted global gene expression profiling of lung 6 or 36 h following 1) bilateral kidney IRI, 2) bilateral nephrectomy (BNx), and 3) sham laparotomy in C57BL/6J mice...
- Positive margins in laparoscopic partial nephrectomy in 855 cases: a multi-institutional survey from the United States and EuropeA Breda
Department of Urology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA, and San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
J Urol 178:47-50; discussion 50. 2007Open partial nephrectomy has emerged as the standard of care in the management of renal tumors smaller than 4 cm...
- Interleukin-6 mediates lung injury following ischemic acute kidney injury or bilateral nephrectomyChristina L Klein
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Kidney Int 74:901-9. 2008..Similarly ischemic acute kidney injury or bilateral nephrectomy in rodents causes lung injury characterized by pulmonary edema, increased pulmonary capillary leak and ..
- Prognostic features of pathologic stage T1 renal cell carcinoma after radical nephrectomyWeber K Lau
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Urology 59:532-7. 2002..tumor size, and Fuhrman grade on clinical outcome in patients with pathologic T1 (pT1) RCC treated with radical nephrectomy. METHODS: Between 1970 and 1998, 840 patients underwent radical nephrectomy for pT1 RCC...
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy for autosomal dominant polycystic kidney diseaseY Bendavid
The Centre for Minimally Invasive Surgery, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, 30 Bond Street, M5B 1W8, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Surg Endosc 18:751-4. 2004The authors reviewed their experience with laparoscopic nephrectomy for autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease to evaluate whether patient-related or surgery-related factors influence operative outcomes.
- Postoperative pain and convalescence in living kidney donors-laparoscopic versus open donor nephrectomy: a randomized studyM H Andersen
Department of Surgery, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet University, Norway
Am J Transplant 6:1438-43. 2006..The donors were randomly assigned to undergo laparoscopic (n = 63) or open (n = 59) donor nephrectomy. Our end points were amount of administered analgesics in the recovery period, postoperative pain on the second ..
- Sunitinib for treatment of advanced renal cell cancer: primary tumor responseAstrid A M van der Veldt
Department of Medical Oncology, VU University Medical Center, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 14:2431-6. 2008b>Nephrectomy before immunotherapy in patients with metastatic renal cell cancer (RCC) will improve patient outcome. In addition, the primary tumor is known to be refractory to cytokines...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site Pfannenstiel versus standard laparoscopic donor nephrectomySero Andonian
Smith Institute for Urology, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
J Endourol 24:429-32. 2010To compare laparoendoscopic single-site (LESS) Pfannenstiel donor nephrectomy with a contemporary series of standard laparoscopic (SL) donor nephrectomies.
- Robotic versus laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: single-surgeon matched cohort study of 150 patientsGeorges Pascal Haber
Section of Laparoscopic and Robotic Urologic Surgery, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Urology 76:754-8. 2010To present comparative outcomes among matched patients who underwent robotic partial nephrectomy (RPN) or laparoscopic partial nephrectomy (LPN) by a single surgeon at a single institution.
- The long-term outcome of laparoscopic radical nephrectomy for small renal cell carcinomaY Ono
Department of Urology, Nagoya University School of Medicine and Shakaihoken Chukyo Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
J Urol 165:1867-70. 2001PURPOSE: To evaluate the efficacy of laparoscopic radical nephrectomy in patients with small renal cell carcinoma, we analyzed the long-term results in those treated with laparoscopy and those undergoing open surgery...
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy for renal tumor: duplicating open surgical techniquesInderbir S Gill
Section of Laparoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Urological Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Urol 167:469-7; discussion 475-6. 2002We describe our technique of and single institutional experience with purely laparoscopic partial nephrectomy for renal tumor, wherein the focus is to duplicate established open techniques of oncologic nephron sparing surgery.
- Hand-assisted laparoscopic nephrectomy for inflammatory renal conditionsYeh Hong Tan
Department of Urology, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
J Endourol 18:770-4. 2004..Hand-assisted laparoscopic surgery might be useful in these complex cases, as it provides surgeons the benefits of tactile feedback, digital retraction, and facilitated dissection of the renal hilar vessels...
- Single-port laparoscopic and robotic partial nephrectomyJihad H Kaouk
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Eur Urol 55:1163-9. 2009Partial nephrectomy (PN) for small renal masses provides effective oncologic outcomes. Single-port laparoscopic (SPL) and robotic surgeries are evolving approaches to advance minimally invasive surgery.
- Robot assisted partial nephrectomy versus laparoscopic partial nephrectomy for renal tumors: a multi-institutional analysis of perioperative outcomesBrian M Benway
Division of Urologic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Urol 182:866-72. 2009Robot assisted partial nephrectomy is rapidly emerging as an alternative to laparoscopic partial nephrectomy for the treatment of renal malignancy...
- Intra-renal angiotensin II/AT1 receptor, oxidative stress, inflammation, and progressive injury in renal mass reductionN D Vaziri
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 323:85-93. 2007..Here we explored the effects of 5/6 nephrectomy with and without AT1r blockade (losartan for 8 weeks) on AT1r and AT2r and Ang II-positive cell count, pathways ..
- Proteinuria and reduced kidney function in living kidney donors: A systematic review, meta-analysis, and meta-regressionA X Garg
Division of Nephrology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Kidney Int 70:1801-10. 2006..An initial decrement in GFR is not followed by accelerated losses over a subsequent 15 years. Future studies will provide better estimates, and identify those donors at least risk of long-term morbidity...
- Preoperative tyrosine kinase inhibition as an adjunct to debulking nephrectomyChirag Amin
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Urology 72:864-8. 2008..However, the use of TKI therapy in adjunctive settings remains to be defined. We present a single-institution experience of patients who received preoperative TKI before nephrectomy for metastatic or unresectable disease.
- Laparoscopic and open partial nephrectomy: a matched-pair comparison of 200 patientsMartin Marszalek
Department of Urology and Andrology, Donauspital, Vienna, Austria
Eur Urol 55:1171-8. 2009..Laparoscopy is currently challenging the role of the open approach for nephron-sparing surgery (NSS), yet comparative studies on this issue are scant...
- Partial versus radical nephrectomy for 4 to 7 cm renal cortical tumorsR Houston Thompson
Department of Urology, Mayo Medical School and Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55902, USA
J Urol 182:2601-6. 2009Recent observations suggest that partial nephrectomy for small renal tumors may be associated with improved survival compared with radical nephrectomy...
- Fetal uninephrectomy leads to postnatal hypertension and compromised renal functionKaren M Moritz
Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia k moritz hfi unimelb edu au
Hypertension 39:1071-6. 2002..These results suggest that formation of a low nephron number in utero, may result in elevated blood pressure and compromised renal function in later life...
- Tumor B7-H1 is associated with poor prognosis in renal cell carcinoma patients with long-term follow-upR Houston Thompson
Department of Urology, Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Res 66:3381-5. 2006..Between 1990 and 1994, 306 patients underwent nephrectomy for clear cell RCC and had paraffin tissue available for review...
- Vitamin E reduces glomerulosclerosis, restores renal neuronal NOS, and suppresses oxidative stress in the 5/6 nephrectomized ratYou Lin Tain
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 292:F1404-10. 2007..vitamin E could preserve renal function and NO bioavailability and reduce oxidative stress in the 5/6th nephrectomy (NX) rat model...
- Multi-institutional validation of a new renal cancer-specific survival nomogramPierre I Karakiewicz
Cancer Prognostics and Health Outcomes Unit, University of Montreal Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Oncol 25:1316-22. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that the prediction of renal cancer-specific survival can be improved if traditional predictor variables are used within a prognostic nomogram...
- Development and external validation of a new outcome prediction model for patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma treated with nephrectomy based on preoperative serum C-reactive protein and TNM classification: the TNM-C scoreYasumasa Iimura
Department of Urology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Urol 181:1004-12; discussion 1012. 2009..C-reactive protein has been shown to be a prognostic factor for renal cell carcinoma. We developed a new prediction model including C-reactive protein in patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma...
- Comparison of complications after radical and partial nephrectomy: results from the National Veterans Administration Surgical Quality Improvement ProgramJ M Corman
Section of Urology, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA, USA
BJU Int 86:782-9. 2000To determine whether radical nephrectomy causes less morbidity, less mortality and is associated with a shorter hospital stay than is partial nephrectomy.
- Natural history of chronic renal insufficiency after partial and radical nephrectomyJames McKiernan
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Urology 59:816-20. 2002To compare the incidence of newly developed chronic renal insufficiency after partial nephrectomy (PN) and radical nephrectomy (RN)...
- The Role of BMP-7 in Chronic Kidney DiseaseKeith Hruska; Fiscal Year: 2005..A murine 5/6 nephrectomy model will be used to test the effectiveness of BMP-7 in restoring osteoblast differentiation in CKD associated ..
- Yasmin Wadia; Fiscal Year: 2014..Preservation of functioning renal parenchyma is important and nephron-sparing surgery substitutes for radical nephrectomy in appropriately selected patients with renal cell carcinoma...
- Angiotensin Adrenergic Interactions in the KidneyRoland C Blantz; Fiscal Year: 2013..The remnant kidney or 5/6th nephrectomy (A/I) model has been used as a valid experimental example of progressive chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Hydrodynamic forces modulate renal tubular functionRajeev Rohatgi; Fiscal Year: 2012..In humans and rodents unilateral nephrectomy also induces increases in distal tubular flow rates and PGE2 production in the solitary kidney, albeit without ..
- Phillip Darwin Bell; Fiscal Year: 2016..adaptive response to hypertrophy and hyperglycemia Specific objectives: (1) investigate reduced renal mass (nephrectomy), hyperglycemia (diabetes), or both as third hits that accelerate cystogenesis;(2) determine if cilia or ..
- Maja Nowakowski; Fiscal Year: 2015..These protocols include: laparoscopic partial nephrectomy, laparoscopic liver resection and post-traumatic (hemodynamically stable and non-coagulopathic), spleen ..
- Identification of Biomarkers for Early Detection of Renal Cell CarcinomaOthon Iliopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2012..But even if detected early, patients with localized disease undergoing curative nephrectomy have a 20-50% chance of local or systemic relapse and a long-term risk of kidney cancer in the contralateral ..
- Makoto Miyazaki; Fiscal Year: 2016..increased in the aortas of murine models of atherosclerotic calcification such as ApoE knockout mice with 5/6 nephrectomy (5/6 nx), and medial calcification such as DBA2/J mice with 5/6 nx and klotho knockout mice;7) ATF4 targets (..
- James R Rodrigue; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): More than 90,000 adults have undergone living donor nephrectomy in the United States over the last 20 years...
- Neal B Blatt; Fiscal Year: 2014..For this proposal, the well-established and reproducible mouse model of ESRD represented by 5/6 nephrectomy (SNx) will be used...
- Hepatocyte - Based Therapies of Primary Hyperoxaluria 1Namita Roy Chowdhury; Fiscal Year: 2010..and preventing nephrocalcinosis and urolithiasis in the face of oral ethylene glycol challenge or unilateral nephrectomy. We will identify cell cycle regulator proteins that are required for HIR-based hepatic repopulation...
- Acute Renal Failure Mediated Lung InjurySarah Faubel; Fiscal Year: 2013..infiltration) will be tested IL-6 deficient and IL-6 inhibitor-treated mice with ischemic AKI or bilateral nephrectomy. Lung KC will be determined via mRNA and protein assessment of whole tissue homogenates;endothelial ..
- Mechanisms of Acceptance in Mouse Renal AllograftsRobert B Colvin; Fiscal Year: 2013..The dependence of systemic tolerance on the intragraft infiltrates will be tested by graft nephrectomy in recipients with accepted kidney and skin grafts that have a remaining native kidney...
- The health status of Caucasian and African American living with kidney donorsSandra J Taler; Fiscal Year: 2010..The primary focus will be on Caucasians and African Americans who have undergone donor nephrectomy though data from donors from other ethnic backgrounds will also be obtained...
- Sanjay Misra; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have developed state- of-the art molecular reagents and validated mouse nephrectomy with arteriovenous fistula model (AVF) and a hypoxia fibroblast cell culture model...
- Zijian Xie; Fiscal Year: 2014..we demonstrate a significant increase in circulating CTS in rat model of uremic cardiomyopathy induced by 5/6 nephrectomy (PNx)...
- Dorry L Segev; Fiscal Year: 2016..Currently, approximately 100,000 individuals are living post-nephrectomy. Live kidney donors gain no medical benefit from donation, nor do they expect to...
- In Vivo Optical Imaging of Kidney Structure and FunctionYu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2012..or Urologic Diseases (R21), we will image the ischemic injury in human subjects during laparoscopic partial nephrectomy procedures to investigate the feasibility of quantitative imaging of the kidney's morphological and ..
- Bertram L Kasiske; Fiscal Year: 2016..ALTOLD will test the hypothesis that GFR declines with age in normal, healthy individuals, and that unilateral nephrectomy accelerates this decline (Aim 1)...
- Clinical Center: Medical /Quality of Life Outcomes /Live Kidney or Lung DonationMark L Barr; Fiscal Year: 2010..8%, respectively. Although, the rates of postoperative donor complications are known to be 8-10% for donor nephrectomy and 20-60% for donor lung lobectomy, the donor long-term medical and quality of life outcomes following live ..
- Jian Kang Chen; Fiscal Year: 2015..acid content are both increased significantly in the remaining kidney as an early response to contralateral nephrectomy. Based on these observations, the specific hypothesis behind the proposed research is that increased delivery ..
- SDF-1: A Diagnostic and Therapy-Specific Biomarker of AKI and CKDChristof Westenfelder; Fiscal Year: 2013..RESEARCH DESIGN and METHODS: Specific Aim 1: Utilizing bilateral I/R AKI and 5/6 nephrectomy CKD models in rats, temporal SDF-1 profiles in serum, kidney and urine are defined and correlated with function ..
- Agnes B Fogo; Fiscal Year: 2016..receptor specifically expressed only on podocytes (NEP25), and in a model of secondary sclerosis induced by 5/6 nephrectomy. Together, our studies will examine the potential and mechanisms of long-term regression of glomerulosclerosis, ..
- Wendy Kimryn Rathmell; Fiscal Year: 2016..2) Evaluation of clinical benefit to neoadjuvant treatment with pazopanib prior to nephrectomy, with prospective development of response - predictive biomarkers...
- Clinical Center - Outcomes of Live Organ DonorsArthur J Matas; Fiscal Year: 2010..also provide important information on short and medium-term morbidity, and quality of life after laparoscopic nephrectomy and lung lobectomy...
- Identifying Subgroups with Localized Kidney Cancer Who Can Defer SurgeryBrian L Egleston; Fiscal Year: 2012..Radical nephrectomy, for example, has been associated with an increased risk of chronic kidney disease (CKD) compared to partial ..
- EFFECT OF AGING ON INTERORGAN GLUTATHIONE HOMEOSTASISMurad Ookhtens; Fiscal Year: 1999..Experiments as in 3, but under quasi-steady-states of plasma GSH after: (1) Nephrectomy (ligation of kidneys) +/- acivicin; (2) Injections of acetaminophen, specifically to lower plasma GSH ..
- Internal Polymeric Vessel Occluder for Temporary Vascular Occlusion of the KidneyPETER NATHAN MADRAS; Fiscal Year: 2010..provided by applicant): Two important advances in the treatment of renal cancer are gaining acceptance;partial nephrectomy is replacing radical nephrectomy for preserving functioning renal tissue, and minimally invasive surgery is ..
- System for Image-Guided, Minimally-Invasive Kidney SurgeryDavid B Kynor; Fiscal Year: 2012..As a result, surgical resection of only that portion of the kidney containing the tumor (partial nephrectomy) has become the preferred approach in many patients...
- Characterization of B cells infiltrating human kidney grafts during rejectionEmmanuel Zorn; Fiscal Year: 2011..the distribution and phenotype of B cells within the rejected graft tissue will be assessed in biopsy and nephrectomy samples...
- A laparoscopically-deployable HIFU device for tissue ablationLawrence A Crum; Fiscal Year: 2013..and test a device that would permit these surgical procedures, particularly those involving a partial nephrectomy, to be performed without fear of blood loss...
- ROGER CHARLES WIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2015..by factors that increase kidney growth such as uninephrectomy (as commonly occurs during transplant donation or nephrectomy for carcinoma of the kidney), or by insulin and growth factor treatments...
- Jiang Tian; Fiscal Year: 2016..First, we have observed that 5/6th partial nephrectomy (PNx) induces a time-dependent decrease of Na/K-ATPase in the mouse heart along with maladaptive cardiac ..
- Prabhleen Singh; Fiscal Year: 2014..A relative resistance to decline in GFR has been observed by us after an ischemic event in early subtotal nephrectomy (STN) in rat, a model of CKD...
- Scott C Thomson; Fiscal Year: 2016..at the onset of CKD by applying renal micropuncture methods in a standard model for early CKD, namely subtotal nephrectomy (STN) in the rat...
- NATIONAL WILMS TUMOR STUDY -5Daniel Green; Fiscal Year: 2003..with stage I and II favorable histology WT can be treated successfully WT can be treated successfully with only nephrectomy, radiation therapy and three-drug chemotherapy with vincrintine, dactinomycin and doxorubicin results in long-..
- Molecular Mechanism of PGE2 Receptor Pressor EffectsRichard M Breyer; Fiscal Year: 2011..Studies will include mouse models of diabetic nephropathy, 5/6 nephrectomy and angiotensin induced hypertension to examine potential mechanisms of renal damage.
- Internal Polymeric Vessel Occluder for Temporary Vascular Occlusion of the KidneyPETER MADRAS; Fiscal Year: 2007..Application Internal Polymeric Vessel Occluder for Temporary Vascular Occlusion of the Kidney During Partial Nephrectomy Project Summary/Abstract Nephron-sparing surgery has become more common for the treatment of renal masses...
- Association between the Y chromosome and androgensKathryn Sandberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..2. Using renal tissue from the unaffected part of the human kidney of men undergoing unilateral elective nephrectomy due to renal cancer, we will examine the association of the NRY with androgen Ievels and renal structure (..
- SUPPLY, EVALUATION AND SELECTION OF LIVING RENAL DONORSAkinlolu Ojo; Fiscal Year: 2001..Despite well-established criteria for donor nephrectomy, variable which influence the outcomes of donor evaluation/selection process have not been rigorously studied...
- Manufacturing Process for Albumin-ICG Solder & Denatured Albumin ScaffoldYasmin Wadia; Fiscal Year: 2006..and rietastatic liver tumors (65,000/yr); split liver transplant (17,300 patients on the waiting list); partial nephrectomy for benign lesions (500/year); Urethral repair: for hypospadias, urethral stricture, urethral diverticulum, and ..
- REFLEX CONTROL OF COMPENSATORY RENAL GROWTH & FUNCTIONMichael Humphreys; Fiscal Year: 1992..immunoreactive (IR) gamma-MSH increases in association with the natriuresis that results from acute unilateral nephrectomy, and the peptide itself has a direct renal action to increase UNaV...
- Genetic Retargeted Human T-cells for RCC ImmunotherapyWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2006..modulators such as IL-2 and the spontaneous remission of some patients with metastatic disease after primary nephrectomy. However, the low response rate has only reinforced the need to develop new therapies to treat this disease...
- CALCITONIN GENE-RELATED PEPTIDE IN HYPERTENSIONGianfranco Alpini; Fiscal Year: 2006..nervous system to modulate BP in the absence or presence of hypertension induced by DOC-salt and subtotal-nephrectomy (SN)-salt...
- Role of Ovarian Senescence in End Stage Renal DiseaseHong Ji; Fiscal Year: 2001..We propose to investigate the interaction of estrogen with the renin angiotensin system in the 5/6 nephrectomy renal ablation animal model of ESRD...
- RIBONUCLEOPROTEIN COMPLEXES IN RENAL CARCINOMADavid Irwin; Fiscal Year: 1980..Renal hypertrophy will be produced by contralateral nephrectomy, hyperplasia by injection of folic acid, and neoplasia by dimethylnitrosamine treatment of Charles River mice...
- Induction of suppression for Islet TransplantationZandong Yang; Fiscal Year: 2003..Use of a vIL-10 neutralizing antibody and nephrectomy of islet-implanted kidneys will conform the vlL-10-dependent protection and the sole source of insulin from ..
- MOLECULAR RESPONSE OF THE BLADDER TO OBSTRUCTIONEdward Macarak; Fiscal Year: 2002..of high pressures induced by obstruction (vesicotomy model), or absence of stretch and volume-work (bilateral nephrectomy) allows the bladder to remodel and maintain itself as a functional organ and 6) to determine the role of the ..
- Uric Acid in Childhood HypertensionDaniel Feig; Fiscal Year: 2007..exacerbates the progressive renal injury associated with either Cyclosporin A nephrotoxicity or surgical 5/6 nephrectomy. In the animal model, the mechanisms involved in these processes include uric acid mediated activation of ..
- GENE 33 AND HYPERTROPHYAnthony Makkinje; Fiscal Year: 2001..product, Gene 33, that is transcriptionally induced by pro-hypertrophic stress stimuli including unilateral nephrectomy and end stage diabetic renal failure...
- NEPHRECTOMY AT BIRTH AND DURING GROWTHRONALD MALT; Fiscal Year: 1992..the rate of transfer RNA gene transcription is stimulated by contralateral nephrectomy 4. novel messenger RNAs accumulate 5...
- Magnetic Resonance Renography:Validation StudiesVivian Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003..a. To determine cortical and medullary vascular and tubular compartmental volumes in a sample of nephrectomy specimens by performing detailed morphometric analysis...
- Differential Gene Expression in Renal CancersAlexander Parker; Fiscal Year: 2004..To do this, we will use the Mayo Nephrectomy Registry to identify all patients treated surgically for stage I, clear cell RCC at the Mayo Clinic Rochester ..
- MESANGIAL CELL IN DEVELOPMENT OF GLOMERULOSCLEROSISSharon Adler; Fiscal Year: 1992..Glomeruli and mesangial cells from rats undergoing 1 5/6 nephrectomy and controls will be examined using three approaches: 1...
- MOLECULAR MODULATION OF GLOMERULOSCLEROSISALLAN POLLOCK; Fiscal Year: 1999..These diseases may range from acute antibody medicated disorders to the sclerosis associated with 5/6th nephrectomy to even the most indolent and slowly progressive diseases such as diabetic nephropathy...
- NEPHROTOXICITY OF FLUORINATED ANESTHETICSSusan Rice; Fiscal Year: 1990..The model consists of a unilateral nephrectomy and ischemia and renal denervation of the remaining kidney...
- CIRCULATORY HEMODYNAMICS AND SODIUM EXCRETIONMichael Humphreys; Fiscal Year: 1980..Acute unilateral nephrectomy (AUN) increases electrolyte excretion by the remaining kidney via a mechanism which can be described in terms ..
- REGULATION OF HEMOGLOBIN SWITCHING & ERYTHROPOIESISEsmail Zanjani; Fiscal Year: 1991..hormones; following induction of chronic anemia and polycythemia, chronic partial hepatectomy and/or bilateral nephrectomy, and thyroid gland ablation...
- GENE DELIVERY OF OP-1 IN RODENT MODEL OF RENAL FIBROSISGLENN MCDONALD; Fiscal Year: 2003..Systemic administration of OP-1 has been shown to delay or halt progress to end stage renal failure in 5/6 nephrectomy rat model of glomerular fibrosis...
- GENE DELIVERY OF OP-1 IN RODENT MODEL OF RENAL FIBROSISGLENN MCDONALD; Fiscal Year: 2003..administration of OP-1 has been shown to delay or halt progress to end stage renal failure in the 5/6 nephrectomy of renal fibrosis...
- CARDIOVASCULAR DETERMINANTS OF CATECHOLAMINE RELEASEGordon Kauffman; Fiscal Year: 1991..In anesthetized, heparinized dogs following acute nephrectomy and placement of adreno-femoral shunts and aortic cannulae we will study the dose responsiveness of intravenous ..
- Oxidative Stress And Sympathetic Nerve ActivityVito Campese; Fiscal Year: 2006..If our hypothesis were to be correct, administration of inhibitors of the renin-angiotensin system particularly if combined with antioxidants should result in better control of BP in these models. ..