Genomes and Genes
urologic surgical procedures
Summary: Surgery performed on the urinary tract or its parts in the male or female. For surgery of the male genitalia, UROLOGIC SURGICAL PROCEDURES, MALE is available.
Publications236 found, 100 shown here
- Tension-free vaginal tape and laparoscopic mesh colposuspension in the treatment of stress urinary incontinence: immediate outcome and complications--a randomized clinical trialAntti Valpas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Central Ostrobothnian Central Hospital, Mariankatu 16 20, FIN 67200 Kokkola, Finland
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:665-71. 2003..The purpose of the study was to evaluate the immediate outcome and complications of the tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) and laparoscopic mesh colposuspension (LC) procedures in the treatment of female stress urinary incontinence (SUI)...
- Protocol for the value of urodynamics prior to stress incontinence surgery (VUSIS) study: a multicenter randomized controlled trial to assess the cost effectiveness of urodynamics in women with symptoms of stress urinary incontinence in whom surgical treaSanne A L van Leijsen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Womens Health 9:22. 2009....
- Comparison of the learning curve and outcomes of robotic assisted pediatric pyeloplastyMathew D Sorensen
Department of Urology, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1959 Northeast Pacific St, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Urol 185:2517-22. 2011..We compared the learning curve and outcomes in children undergoing robotic assisted laparoscopic pyeloplasty during the initiation of a robotic surgery program compared to the benchmark of open pyeloplasty...
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty with concomitant pyelolithotomySanjay Ramakumar
Section of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
J Urol 167:1378-80. 2002..We present our experience with laparoscopic pyeloplasty plus pyelolithotomy in patients in whom stones were not the cause of ureteropelvic junction obstruction...
- Training for laparoendoscopic single-site surgery and natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgerySean P Stroup
Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego, USA
BJU Int 106:934-40. 2010..Here, we describe our institutional experience and the essential elements of a LESS and NOTES training curriculum and offer some insight into establishing a successful programme...
- Discarding antimicrobial prophylaxis for transurethral resection of bladder tumor: a feasibility studyMinato Yokoyama
Department of Urology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Urol 16:61-3. 2009..To evaluate the feasibility of discarding antimicrobial prophylaxis (AMP) for transurethral resection of bladder tumor (TURBT)...
- Transmesocolic approach to laparoscopic pyeloplasty: our 8-year experienceManickam Ramalingam
Department of Urology, KG Hospital and PG Institute, Coimbatore, India
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 18:194-8. 2008..One patient was lost for follow-up, and 1 patient is awaiting a renogram. Among the remaining 24 patients, 22 patients had improved drainage (IVU or isotope renogram), and 2 of the patients had stable renal function...
- Reporting and grading of complications after urologic surgical procedures: an ad hoc EAU guidelines panel assessment and recommendationsDionysios Mitropoulos
1st Department of Urology, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
Eur Urol 61:341-9. 2012..The incidence of postoperative complications is still the most frequently used surrogate marker of quality in surgery, but no standard guidelines or criteria exist for reporting surgical complications in the area of urology...
- Validation of the German Glasgow children's benefit inventoryIlona Schwentner
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
J Eval Clin Pract 13:942-6. 2007..The aim of this study was to validate the German Glasgow Children's Benefit Inventory (GCBI) in children with different surgical interventions...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site and natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery in urology: a critical analysis of the literatureRiccardo Autorino
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Eur Urol 59:26-45. 2011..Natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES) and laparoendoscopic single-site surgery (LESS) have been developed to benefit patients by enabling surgeons to perform scarless surgery...
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty: an analysis of first 100 cases and important lessons learnedOnkar Singh
Department of Urology, Bhopal Memorial Hospital and Research Centre, Bhopal, 462038, India
Int Urol Nephrol 43:85-90. 2011..It is providing similar results when compared with open surgery. We here present our technique and analyses of experience of our first 100 cases...
- Creation of ureteropelvic junction obstruction and its correction by chemical glue-assisted laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplastyAllen W Chiu
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
J Endourol 17:23-8. 2003..We established a porcine model of ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction using a laparoscopic technique and assessed the outcome of standard suture-assisted and chemical glue-assisted laparoscopic pyeloplasty...
- A randomized trial of urodynamic testing before stress-incontinence surgeryCharles W Nager
University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92037 1300, USA
N Engl J Med 366:1987-97. 2012..Urodynamic studies are commonly performed in women before surgery for stress urinary incontinence, but there is no good evidence that they improve outcomes...
- Urodynamic measures do not predict stress continence outcomes after surgery for stress urinary incontinence in selected womenCharles W Nager
University of California, San Diego, California, USA
J Urol 179:1470-4. 2008..We determined the prognostic value of preoperative urodynamic results in patients with stress urinary incontinence...
- Antibiotic prophylaxis in urologic procedures: a systematic reviewA M Jikke Bootsma
Department of Urology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 54:1270-86. 2008..In this review, all available evidence on the use of antibiotic prophylaxis in urology is gathered, assessed, and presented in order to make choices in the use of antibiotic prophylaxis on the best evidence currently available...
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty versus antegrade endopyelotomy: comparison in 100 patients and a new algorithm for the minimally invasive treatment of ureteropelvic junction obstructionMichael C Ost
Department of Urology, North Shore Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
Urology 66:47-51. 2005..To maximize an efficacious outcome, minimally invasive UPJO treatment decisions should be based on patient and surgeon preference, as directed by the presented algorithm...
- Normal preoperative urodynamic testing does not predict voiding dysfunction after Burch colposuspension versus pubovaginal slingGary E Lemack
UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 HarryHines Blvd, Dallas, Texas 75390 9110, USA
J Urol 180:2076-80. 2008..We determined if preoperative urodynamic findings predict postoperative voiding dysfunction after pubovaginal sling or Burch colposuspension...
- Steps to reduce operative time in laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty for moderate to large renal pelvisAnil Mandhani
Department of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Urology 66:981-4. 2005..To describe the steps to reduce the operative time for laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty in ureteropelvic junction obstruction with moderate to large hydronephrosis...
- Transperitoneal left laparoscopic pyeloplasty with transmesocolic access to the pelvi-ureteric junction: technique description and results with a minimum follow-up of 1 yearFrancesco Porpiglia
Department of Urology, University of Turin, San Luigi Hospital, Orbassano, Turin, Italy
BJU Int 101:1024-8. 2008....
- Laparoscopic ureterolithotomy: the Edinburgh experienceF X Keeley
Southmead Hospital, Bristol, UK
BJU Int 84:765-9. 1999..To review our experience with laparoscopic ureterolithotomy...
- [Clinical study of surgical site infection following portless endoscopic urological surgery (PLES)]Manabu Tadokoro
Department of Urology and Reproductive Medicine, Graduate School Tokyo Medical and Dental University
Hinyokika Kiyo 49:721-5. 2003....
- Single-center comparison of laparoscopic pyeloplasty, Acucise endopyelotomy, and open pyeloplastyD Duane Baldwin
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Endourol 17:155-60. 2003..To compare Acucise endopyelotomy (Applied Medical, Irvine, California), laparoscopic pyeloplasty, and open pyeloplasty in the treatment of ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction...
- Nonsecretory intestinocystoplasty: a 15-year prospective study of 183 patientsSalvador Vilar C Lima
Section of Urology, Hospital das Clinicas, Recife, Brazil
J Urol 179:1113-6; discussion 1116-7. 2008..The aim of the present study was to demonstrate the long-term results of demucosalized bladder augmentation...
- Multiple intravesical linear staples identified during surveillance cystoscopy after laparoscopic nephroureterectomySteven M Baughman
Urology Flight, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas 78236 5300, USA
Urology 62:351. 2003..Successful transurethral removal of all staples with standard cystoscopic graspers revealed no immediate, or delayed, sequelae...
- Voiding dysfunction following TVT procedureK H Wang
Armed Forces Taichung General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 13:353-7; discussion 358. 2002..Various factors were shown to be associated with postoperative voiding difficulties. Tension-free placement of the tape may not prevent the development of post-operative voiding dysfunction...
- Clinical predictors of urinary retention after pelvic reconstructive and stress urinary incontinence surgeryYuko M Komesu
Division of Female Pelvic Floor Disorders, Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center and Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lovelace Health Systems, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 5286, USA
J Reprod Med 52:611-5. 2007..To evaluate the impact of perioperative variables on length of postoperative catheterization...
- INVESTIGATE-I (INVasive Evaluation before Surgical Treatment of Incontinence Gives Added Therapeutic Effect?): study protocol for a mixed methods study to assess the feasibility of a future randomised controlled trial of the clinical utility of invasive uMegan Murdoch
Directorate of Women s Services, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Trials 12:169. 2011....
- Sigmoid cystoplasty with argon beam without mucosaF De Badiola
Department of Pathology, Pediatric Urology Service, Hospital Italiano, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Urol 165:2253-5. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Sigmoid cystoplasty without mucosa with argon beam is easy to perform. The clinical and urodynamic results have been satisfactory, and use of argon beam prevents postoperative bleeding and residual glands...
- Nonsecretory intestinocystoplasty: a 10-year experienceSalvador Vilar C Lima
Hospital das Clinicas, Federal University of Pernambuco and Hospital Infantil Manoel Almeida, Recife, Brazil
J Urol 171:2636-39; discussion 2639-40. 2004..We present long-term results on the use of demucosalized intestine for reconstructive surgery of the bladder...
- Can preoperative urodynamic investigation be omitted in women with stress urinary incontinence? A non-inferiority randomized controlled trialS A L van Leijsen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neurourol Urodyn 31:1118-23. 2012..To assess in women with stress urinary incontinence (SUI) the value of urodynamics prior to treatment...
- Laparoscopic radical nephroureterectomy: dilemma of the distal ureterJordan R Steinberg
Department of Urology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX, USA
Curr Opin Urol 14:61-5. 2004..We review the most common methods of managing the distal ureter, with emphasis on contemporary oncologic outcomes, indications, advantages, and disadvantages...
- Single-port urological surgery: single-center experience with the first 100 casesWesley M White
Section of Laparoscopic and Robotic Urology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Urology 74:801-4. 2009..To present perioperative outcomes in an observational cohort of patients who underwent LaparoEndoscopic Single Site (LESS) surgery at a single academic center...
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplastyVipul Patel
Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery, Urology Centers of Alabama, Vestavia Hills, Alabama, USA
Urology 66:45-9. 2005..The introduction of robotic assistance provides advantages that have the potential to facilitate precise dissection and intracorporeal suturing...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery: initial hundred patientsMihir M Desai
Department of Urology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44196, USA
Urology 74:805-12. 2009..To report our initial experience with laparoendoscopic single-site (LESS) surgery in 100 patients in urology...
- Urinary stress incontinence among obese women: review of pathophysiology therapyJ M Cummings
University of South Alabama, Mobile, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 11:41-4. 2000..Weight loss may relieve urinary incontinence, but definitive therapy via operative procedures is effective even in obese patients and should be recommended with confidence...
- Factors predictive of urinary retention after a tension-free vaginal tape procedure for female stress urinary incontinenceBumsik Hong
Department of Urology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
J Urol 170:852-6. 2003..We performed this study to evaluate factors related to urinary retention after a tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) procedure for female stress urinary incontinence...
- Our experience with retroperitoneal and transperitoneal laparoscopic pyeloplasty for pelvi-ureteric junction obstructionKim Davenport
Bristol Urological Institute, Southmead Hospital, Westbury on Trym, Bristol, UK
Eur Urol 48:973-7. 2005..The aim of this study was to report our experience with laparoscopic pyeloplasty...
- Peri-operative complications and pain after the suburethral sling procedure for urinary stress incontinence: a French prospective randomised multicentre study comparing the retropubic and transobturator routesEmmanuel David-Montefiore
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Tenon, Université Saint Antoine Paris IV, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris Cedex 20, France
Eur Urol 49:133-8. 2006....
- Determination of cell viability after laparoscopic tissue stapling in a porcine modelRamakrishna Venkatesh
Department of Surgery, Division of Urologic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Endourol 19:744-7. 2005....
- Xenogenic extracellular matrices as potential biomaterials for interposition grafting in urological surgeryN F Davis
Department of Urology, Mid Western Regional Hospital, Dooradoyle, County Limerick, Ireland
J Urol 184:2246-53. 2010..We also reviewed the clinical limitations, and assessed the potential for safe and effective urological application of extracellular matrix grafting in place of autogenous tissue...
- Burch colposuspension versus fascial sling to reduce urinary stress incontinenceMichael E Albo
Division of Urology, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA 92103 8897, USA
N Engl J Med 356:2143-55. 2007..Many surgical procedures are available for women with urinary stress incontinence, yet few randomized clinical trials have been conducted to provide a basis for treatment recommendations...
- Transobturator tape compared with tension-free vaginal tape for stress incontinence: a randomized controlled trialSue Ross
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 114:1287-94. 2009..To compare the effectiveness of transobturator tape with tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) in terms of objective cure of stress urinary incontinence (SUI) at 12 months postoperatively...
- Complications of mid urethral slings: important outcomes for future clinical trialsFirouz Daneshgari
Department of Urology and Female Pelvic Surgery, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Urol 180:1890-7. 2008..Mid urethral slings are becoming the first line surgical treatment for stress urinary incontinence in women. We reviewed the complications of mid urethral sling placement and their potential pathophysiology...
- Is retrograde stenting more reliable than antegrade stenting for pyeloplasty in infants and children?V V S S Chandrasekharam
Department of Pediatric Surgery and Pediatric Urology, Rainbow Children s Hospital, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Urology 66:1301-4; discussion 1304. 2005..To compare antegrade and retrograde internal double-J stenting for pyeloplasty drainage in children. The success of placing the stent in position and the complications were compared in both groups...
- Surgical simulation: a urological perspectiveGeoffrey R Wignall
Division of Urology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Urol 179:1690-9. 2008..We provide a review of the background, current status and future directions of surgical simulators as they pertain to urology...
- Pre-operative opening detrusor pressure is predictive of detrusor overactivity following TVT in patients with pre-operative mixed urinary incontinenceD C Panayi
Department of Urogynaecology, St Mary s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Neurourol Urodyn 28:82-5. 2009..To determine if specific pre-operative urodynamic parameters could predict detrusor overactivity following TVT in patients with urodynamic mixed incontinence...
- Complications and untoward effects of the tension-free vaginal tape procedureMickey M Karram
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Good Samaritan Hospital, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio OH 45220, USA
Obstet Gynecol 101:929-32. 2003..To report our experience with our first 350 cases of tension-free vaginal tape (TVT), specifically assessing intraoperative complications, postoperative morbidity, and untoward effects of the procedure...
- Retroperitoneal laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty: experience with 50 casesXu Zhang
Department of Urology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Urology 66:514-7. 2005..To report our techniques and experience with retroperitoneal laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction...
- Treatment for unsuccessful tension-free vaginal tape operation by shortening pre-implanted tapeTsia Shu Lo
Division of Urogynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou Medical Center, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Urol 175:2196-9; discussion 2199-200. 2006..We studied the efficacy of shortening the pre-implanted suburethral tape in patients with recurrent urodynamic stress incontinence after a TVT operation...
- Comparison of retropubic vs transobturator approach to midurethral slings: a systematic review and meta-analysisVivian W Sung
Division of Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brown Medical School, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:3-11. 2007..40, 95% CI 0.19-0.83]). The transobturator approach to midurethral slings is associated with a lower risk of complications; however, it is still unclear if one approach results in superior objective or subjective outcomes...
- Surgical intervention for complications of tension-free vaginal tape procedureBjoern G Volkmer
Department of Urology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Urol 169:570-4. 2003..Cases of complications requiring surgical revision are reported to be rare. We report on 6 patients with complications necessitating surgery...
- Cost effectiveness of tension-free vaginal tape for the surgical management of female stress incontinenceMary Kilonzo
Health Economics Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, UK
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 20:455-63. 2004..The cost-effectiveness of TVT in comparison with other surgical procedures, particularly open colposuspension, is assessed...
- Reference urodynamic values for stress incontinent womenC W Nager
UCSD Women s Pelvic Medicine Center, La Jolla, California
Neurourol Urodyn 26:333-40. 2007..To determine reference urodynamic values for preoperative urodynamic studies in women undergoing surgery for pure or predominant stress urinary incontinence (SUI)...
- Haemorrhage and nerve damage as complications of TVT-O procedure: case report and literature reviewZiad Atassi
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Ulm, Prittwitzstr 43, 89075, Ulm, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 277:161-4. 2008..The aim of this article is to present an uncommon complication in a patient operated by transobturator vaginal tape with an inside-outside route...
- [Outpatient female stress urinary incontinence surgery: budget impact study]Ignacio T Castillon Vela
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital de Fuenlabrada, Fuenlabrada, Madrid, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 60:267-72. 2007..The aim of this study was to perform a budget study comparing TVT in an outpatient basis with transobturator tape (TOT) with hospital admission...
- Tension-free vaginal tape versus transobturator tape as surgery for stress urinary incontinence: results of a multicentre randomised trialMassimo Porena
Department of Medical Surgical Specialties and Public Health, Section of Urology and Andrology, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Eur Urol 52:1481-90. 2007..This prospective, multicentre, randomised study compared the safety and success rate of tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) and transobturator tape (TOT) in treatment of female stress urinary incontinence...
- Comparison of laparoscopic and open pyeloplasty in 100 patients with pelvi-ureteric junction obstructionR C Calvert
Department of Urology, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Trust, Colney Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY, UK
Surg Endosc 22:411-4. 2008....
- Results of repeated transurethral resection for a second opinion in patients referred for nonmuscle invasive bladder cancer: the referral cancer center experience and review of the literatureKyung Seok Han
Urology Oncology Clinic, Center for Specific Organ Cancer, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Korea
J Endourol 22:2699-704. 2008..We evaluated the results of a second transurethral resection (TUR) performed in patients referred after an initial TUR for nonmuscle invasive bladder cancer...
- [Transobturator urethral suspension: mini-invasive procedure in the treatment of stress urinary incontinence in women]E Delorme
Prog Urol 11:1306-13. 2001....
- Ureteral pseudodiverticulum associated with absorbable suture clips after laparoscopic pyeloplasty: case reportDavid S Finley
Department of Urology, University of California, Irvine Medical Center, Orange, California 92868, USA
J Endourol 19:726-9. 2005..The pseudodiverticulum was fulgurated with a holmium laser. She eventually had restricturing with recurrence of the pseudodiverticulum and was treated successfully by open ureterocalicostomy...
- Laparoscopic treatment of retroperitoneal fibrosisOscar Eduardo Fugita
James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Endourol 16:571-4. 2002..Surgical treatment is required in most cases. Open ureterolysis, although effective, is associated with significant morbidity and mortality rates. We present data on a series of 13 patients undergoing laparoscopic ureterolysis for RPF...
- Laparoscopic ureterolysis: technical alternativesBrian C Fong
Department of Urology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Endourol 20:820-2. 2006..We describe our technique for laparoscopic ureterolysis for idiopathic retroperitoneal fibrosis. Various options for tissue interposition are discussed, including management of bilateral disease...
- Long-term results of the tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) procedure for surgical treatment of female stress urinary incontinenceC G Nilsson
Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Helsinki University Hospital, Finland
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 12:S5-8. 2001..In 14 of these (56%) the urge symptoms were relieved postoperatively. We conclude that the TVT procedure seems to fulfil the expectations of high long-term cure rates, as suggested in previous short-term reports...
- Trans-obturator-tape procedure--"inside out or outside in": current concepts and evidence basePierre Costa
Department of Urology, Academic Hospital CAREMEAU, Place du Pr DEBRE, 30029 Nimes Cedex 9, France
Curr Opin Urol 14:313-5. 2004..This review focuses on published literature on the two trans-obturator procedures, outside in or inside out, recently described...
- Prospective analysis of complications of tension-free vaginal tape from The Netherlands Tension-free Vaginal Tape studySteven E Schraffordt Koops
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Meander Medical Centre, Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:45-52. 2005..The intra- and postoperative anatomic complications, frequency, and influence of risk factors of the tension-free vaginal tape are described...
- Stress urinary incontinence surgery in the United StatesL Elaine Waetjen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Obstet Gynecol 101:671-6. 2003..To describe the prevalence, regional rates and demographic characteristics, morbidity, and mortality of stress urinary incontinence surgeries in the United States...
- [Increase in number of operations for stress urinary incontinence]M E Vierhout
Universitair Centrum St Radboud, Afd Gynaecologie, Postbus 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 149:1704-6. 2005..Pelvic-floor physiotherapy, which is accepted by gynaecologists, urologists and general practitioners, should remain the first-line treatment for stress urinary incontinence...
- Outcome of Burch retropubic urethropexy and the effect of concomitant abdominal hysterectomy: a prospective long-term follow-up studyS S Meltomaa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Turku, Finland
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 12:3-8. 2001..8% vs. 1.3%, P = 0.046). No significant difference was found in subjective short- and long-term outcome. In the long-term follow-up 79% were subjectively cured or improved, 77% in the Burch group and 81% in the hysterectomy group...
- Ultrasonographic and urodynamic evaluation after tension free vagina tape procedure (TVT)T S Lo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou Medical Center, Taiwan, Republic of China
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 80:65-70. 2001..It is the important that the tape is placed tension free under the urethra. Introital ultrasonographic surveillance is a suitable technique to visualize the result of the operation...
- Comparison of retropubic and outside-in transoburator sling systems for the cure of female genuine stress urinary incontinenceArmin Fischer
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, SCIVIAS Hospital St Josef, Eibinger Strasse 9, D 65385 Rüedesheim Rhein, Hessen, Germany
Eur Urol 48:799-804. 2005..There were and still are relevant complications and side effects. The transobturator approach is said to be safer and equally effective. This paper compares our data of the first TVT- and TOT-procedures to share our experience...
- A tissue-engineered suburethral sling in an animal model of stress urinary incontinenceTracy W Cannon
Department of Urology and Bioengineering, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
BJU Int 96:664-9. 2005..To create and evaluate the functional effects of a tissue-engineered sling in an animal model of stress urinary incontinence (SUI)...
- A randomized trial of burch retropubic urethropexy and anterior colporrhaphy for stress urinary incontinenceD N Kammerer-Doak
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque 87131, USA
Obstet Gynecol 93:75-8. 1999..In a randomized trial, we compared the success of Burch retropubic urethropexy to the modified anterior colporrhaphy for the treatment of genuine stress urinary incontinence...
- Laparoscopic ureterolysis for idiopathic retroperitoneal fibrosisAkiou Okumura
Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama, Japan
Int J Urol 12:1079-81. 2005..Laparoscopic ureterolysis may be a useful alternative to open surgical management especially in bilateral cases, except for patients with a long ureteral stricture...
- Percutaneous endopyeloplasty: a novel techniqueMihir M Desai
Section of Laparoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Urological Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Endourol 16:431-43. 2002..We assess the feasibility and efficacy of percutaneous endopyeloplasty in a chronic porcine bilateral UPJ obstruction model and compare outcome data with those#10; of conventional endopyelotomy and laparoscopic pyeloplasty...
- Comparison of laparoscopic with open approach for ureterolysis in patients with retroperitoneal fibrosisArun K Srinivasan
Arthur Smith Institute for Urology, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
J Urol 179:1875-8. 2008..We compared laparoscopic and open ureterolysis to determine if the minimally invasive approach offered advantages with respect to perioperative morbidity and treatment efficacy...
- Impact of hydronephrosis and renal function on treatment outcome: antegrade versus retrograde endopyelotomyJohn S Lam
Department of Urology, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Urology 61:1107-11; discussion 1111-2. 2003..To compare, in a single-surgeon, single-institution study, the efficacy of antegrade and retrograde endopyelotomy in terms of success rate and morbidity and to identify which risk factors affect treatment outcomes...
- Are slings now the gold standard treatment for the management of female urinary stress incontinence and if so which technique?Bart L H Bemelmans
Department of Urology, University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Urol 13:301-7. 2003..These reflections should include (patho)physiology, historical background, and alternative techniques and materials...
- Transvaginal sling suspension of bladder neck in female patients with neurogenic sphincter incontinencePieter Dik
Pediatric Renal Center, University Children s Hospital UMC Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Urol 170:580-1; discussion 581-2. 2003..We evaluated the results of surgical treatment for neurogenic pelvic floor paralysis in girls with spina bifida by transvaginal rectus abdominis sling suspension...
- Laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty--the method of choice in the presence of an enlarged renal pelvis and crossing vesselsIngolf A Turk
Department of Urology, Charite Hospital School of the Humboldt University, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Eur Urol 42:268-75. 2002..We describe the operative technique, complications and outcomes during a follow-up period of 1-53 months (mean 23.2 months)...
- Laparoscopic ureterolysis and omental wrappingGiuseppe Simone
Department of Urology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Urology 72:853-8. 2008..To describe our laparoscopic technique of ureterolysis and omental wrapping using the LigaSure device for the treatment of idiopathic retroperitoneal fibrosis...
- Quantifying distraction and interruption in urological surgeryA N Healey
Imperial College, London, UK
Qual Saf Health Care 16:135-9. 2007..One important consideration for safety in any high-risk work is the frequency and effect of distraction and interruption...
- Novel surgical technique for the treatment of female stress urinary incontinence: transobturator vaginal tape inside-outJean de Leval
Department of Urology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Liege, Batiment B35, Bloc Central, Niveau 1, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Eur Urol 44:724-30. 2003..To describe a new, simple surgical technique for the treatment of female stress urinary incontinence (SUI) and to evaluate its feasibility...
- Extraperitoneal laparoscopic pyeloplasty: a multicenter study of 55 proceduresM Soulie
Department of Urology, Rangueil University Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Urol 166:48-50. 2001..We assessed the feasibility, reproducibility and morbidity of retroperitoneal laparoscopic pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction obstruction...
- Kidney transplantation in children with reconstructed bladderA Capizzi
Department of Urology, University of Padua School of Medicine, Padua, Italy
Transplantation 77:1113-6. 2004..When bowel segments are used for augmentation, a voiding modality with clean intermittent self-catheterization does not increase the risk of urinary tract infections, even in immunosuppressed patients...
- Bipolar transurethral resection in saline (TURis): outcome and complication rates after the first 1000 casesPaolo Puppo
Department of Urology ASL1 Liguria, Imperia, Italy
J Endourol 23:1145-9. 2009..However, there is currently little available data on the safety of bipolar devices. We assessed outcome and safety of TURis on a large cohort of patients with at least 6 months' follow-up...
- New procedures are bound to modify our attitude in facing urologic cancers in the near future: are we ready for a cost-effectiveness analysis?Renzo Colombo
Eur Urol 52:11-4. 2007
- Distraction in the urology operating theatreChristopher P Primus
Clinical Safety Research Unit, Department of Bio Surgery and Surgical Technology, Imperial College London, St Mary s Hospital, Praed Street, Paddington, London, UK
BJU Int 99:493-4. 2007
- Endometriosis of the urinary tract in women of reproductive ageAndreas Schneider
Department of Urology, Ammerland Clinics, Westerstede, Germany
Int J Urol 13:902-4. 2006..We present our experience with diagnosing and treating 22 cases of urinary tract endometriosis in women of reproductive age...
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty: evolution of a new gold standardD A Moon
Department of Urology, North Hampshire Hospital, Basingstoke, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Urology 67:932-6. 2006..To report our series of laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty for the treatment of primary and secondary ureteropelvic junction obstruction and to review the current status of this procedure...
- Minimally invasive retroperitoneoscopic ureterolithotomyA K Hemal
Department of Urology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
J Urol 169:480-2. 2003..We assessed the efficacy of modified technique of retroperitoneal ureterolithotomy for managing ureteral stones...
- Anderson-Hynes dismembered pyeloplasty performed using the da Vinci robotic systemMatthew T Gettman
Department of Urology, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Urology 60:509-13. 2002..To evaluate and describe the use of the da Vinci robotic system in performing laparoscopic Anderson-Hynes pyeloplasty...
- The laparoscopic cigarette spongeS S Gholami
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Urol 166:194. 2001..It may decrease operative time and facilitate difficult laparoscopic procedures...
- Robotic pyeloplastyJacques Hubert
Service d Urologie, CHU de Nancy Brabois, 54511 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Curr Urol Rep 4:124-9. 2003..They likely will propel minimally invasive urology forward in the next several years...
- Pubovaginal or vicryl mesh rectus fascia sling in intrinsic sphincter deficiencyC Maher
Department of Urogynecology, Royal Women's Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 12:111-6. 2001..08). The VMRF sling had a higher patient-determined success rate and a lower complication rate than the pubovaginal sling, and should be considered in the surgical management of women with low urethral pressure stress incontinence...
- Cost-analyzes based on a prospective, randomized study comparing laparoscopic colposuspension with a tension-free vaginal tape procedureJan Persson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Lund, Lund, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:1066-73. 2002..The aim of this study was to compare laparoscopic colposuspension with tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) in terms of costs to the county...
- Trocar-assisted sling suspension for stress urinary incontinenceChyi Long Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou Medical Center, 5 Fu Hsin Street, Kwei Shan, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:500-2. 2002..To introduce a new approach in trocar-assisted sling suspension (TASS) for genuine stress incontinence...
- Are midurethral slings the gold standard surgical treatment for primary genuine stress incontinence?Marie Fidela R Paraiso
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 9:405-7. 2002
- Medium-term follow-up of transvaginal suburethral slings: variance in outcome success using two different evaluation methodsNicholas Franco
Department of Urology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Urology 60:607-10; discussion 610-1. 2002..To compare Groutz-Blaivas' Simplified Urinary Incontinence Outcome Score (SUIOS) with retrospective chart review for medium-term evaluation of transvaginal suburethral slings...
- Tension-free vaginal tape: a prospective subjective and objective outcome analysisHolly E Richter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Medical Surgical Gynecology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 620 20th Street South, NHB 219, Birmingham, AL 35249 7333, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 16:109-13. 2005..0 months) showed that 91.2% had a negative stress test. Results indicate significant immediate and sustained improvement in incontinence impact and urinary symptoms, and a high rate of patient satisfaction and objective cure...
- [Laparoscopic colposuspension - effective, minimally invasive method of treatment of female urinary incontinence]Ausra Cerniauskiene
Clinic of General Surgery, Vilnius University Emergency Hospital, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 38:69-75. 2002....
- Surgical and nonsurgical approaches to treat voiding dysfunction following antiincontinence surgerySam Siddighi
Good Samaritan Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio 45220, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 19:490-5. 2007..To review conservative and operative approaches to treat voiding dysfunction after antiincontinence operation...
- Volume-Outcomes in Incontinence SurgeryJennifer Anger; Fiscal Year: 2005..The primary outcome will be re-operation rates, repeat sling procedures (for failures), and other postoperative complications, stratified by high and low volume surgeons and hospitals. ..
- Human Bladder Urothelial Cell Structure and Function in Bladder HypersensationToby C Chai; Fiscal Year: 2010..By accomplishing these aims, we hope to develop an understanding of the pathogenesis of hypersensory bladder conditions which ultimately can lead to targeted treatment options. ..
- Effects of Stretch on IC and Normal UrotheliaToby Chai; Fiscal Year: 2005..ATP may mediate nociception in the bladder. Urothelial stretch thus appears to be an important consideration in diagnosis, treatment and pathophysiology of IC. ..
- Patient-Oriented Models for Urinary Function in WomenLinda Brubaker; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] b. To model urinary storage in health and disease [unreadable] c. To model urinary emptying in health and diseas [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research NetworkToby Chai; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goals of the University of Maryland clinical site are to maximize enrollment of IC patients into innovative clinical trials, maintain highest retention rates possible and acquire high quality data. ..
- Function of the Urethra in Continent WomenKimberly Kenton; Fiscal Year: 2008..Normative ranges will be calculated for EMG, current perception thresholds, and urethral pressures for Caucasian and African American women. These data can then be used by other centers as reference data. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION AND NITRIC OXIDE SYNTHASE IN AGINGNestor Gonzalez Cadavid; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- GTPase Activating Proteins in Aging and OsteoarthritisLisa Fortier; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that these findings will facilitate identification of target molecules for development of therapeutics modalities for OA. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Vaginal Sling Effects on ContinenceFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal of this proposal is to expand the findings of this project into an R01 application in order to translate our findings into relevant clinical studies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Female Pelvic Floor Disorders and Sexual FunctionsVictoria Handa; Fiscal Year: 2007..This powerful combination will provide the candidate with the necessary skills and experience to become a successful, independently funded investigator. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BOTULINUM TOXIN THERAPY FOR INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS/CHRON*Mary FitzGerald; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN)J Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2007..site with Dr. Nickel as PI has the experience, expertise and the proven ability to design, implement and enroll patients with IC in clinical strudies and will be a valuable partner in the proposed ICCRN and UCPPSCG. ..
- PHYSICIAN AND SCIENTIST TRAINING IN UROLOGICAL RESEARCHAlan Wein; Fiscal Year: 2007..Funding is sought for two years of support for three trainees annually. ..
- ADIPOSE DERIVED STEM CELLS FOR TREATMENT OF INCONTINENCELARISSA RODRIGUEZ; Fiscal Year: 2008..Lastly, we will use an animal model of incontinence and decreased urethral resistance to test the hypothesis that these cells can be used to reconstruct a functional urethra as a treatment of stress incontinence. ..
- Economic Analysis of the EPRIDELeslee Subak; Fiscal Year: 2008..The E- PRIDE ancillary study allows us to efficiently evaluate the cost-utility of a novel treatment approach - weight reduction -- for incontinence. ..
- CELL-SELECTIVE EXPRESSION OF FIBROTIC GENE PATHWAYSNestor Gonzalez Cadavid; Fiscal Year: 2008..We expect that our studies would lead to the detection of novel targets of antifibrotic therapy for penile and vascular diseases of considerable public health impact. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mid-life Aging and Urinary Incontinence in a Multi-Ethn*L Waetjen; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Economic Analysis of the Urinary Incontinence Treatment Network Trials (E-UITN)Leslee L Subak; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study assembles a group of senior investigators with expertise in economics, cost-effectiveness and UI treatment. The E- UITN will provide critical economic data for commonly used treatments for incontinence. ..
- Conference--National Urology Resident Female Pelvic MedFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS TREATMENT PROTOCOLSAlan Wein; Fiscal Year: 2003..C. patients across a large geographical area. This group's constant interaction creates a solid professional alignment that benefits patients from near and far. ..
- Chitosan hemostatic device for laparoscopic applicationsHua Xie; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Assessment of Altered Function in Diabetic BladderFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Pittsburgh Collab Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery ProgramHalina Zyczynski; Fiscal Year: 2005..The surgical team is proficient in both surgical approaches and comfortable with the concept of a randomized surgical trial. ..
- TRAINING IN UROLOGYAlan Wein; Fiscal Year: 2003..At each step the trainees will be advised by experienced investigators. It is expected that in return the clinician's will offer to the laboratory insight into the fundamental clinical problems facing the specialty of urology. ..
- 10th International Symposium on UrolithiasisGLENN PREMINGER; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is hoped that the cross fertilization of ideas and the development of new collaborations will foster new insights into the disease processes involved. ..
- The Role of NK-Kb signaling pathway--Intestitial CystitsRaymond Rackley; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- CHARACTERIZATION & TREATMENT OF CATEGORY III PROSTATITISJ Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2003..Results from this 3 part study will be analyzed and correlated between groups and within groups, both concurrently and sequentially. ..
- PKC ALTERATIONS IN LUT DYSFUNCTIONFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- UROLOGICAL RESEARCH TRAINING FOR PHYSICIANSJEREMY TUTTLE; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- URINE LOSS AND PROLAPSE IN NUNS AND THEIR PAROUS SISTERSGUNHILDE BUCHSBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2003..A matched pair logistic regression will be performed to obtain an adjusted estimate of the impact of familiality and vaginal delivery in UT and POP, taking into account other risk factors. ..
- Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network CPCRNJ Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2007..Nickel as PI has the experience, expertise and the proven ability to design, implement and enroll patients with CPPS in clinical studies and will be a valuable partner in the proposed CPCRN and UCPPSCG. ..
- A COMPARISON OF IN VIVO AND VITRO TISSUE ENGINEERINGBradley Kropp; Fiscal Year: 2004..If in vivo and/or in vitro tissue engineering techniques prove to be useful clinically, they will revolutionize urologic reconstructive surgery and have wide ranging applications. ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN)PHILLIP HANNO; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 5: To develop a suitable clinical definition of IC, a clinically and scientifically based assessment of where the disease falls in the spectrum of chronic pelvic pain, pelvic floor dysfunction, and prostatitis. ..
- Sensory Testing in Subjects with Interstitial CystitisMary FitzGerald; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Race Differences in Female UI: Epidemiology and BiologyJohn DeLancey; Fiscal Year: 2005..Knowledge of these factors can then provide the basis for risk factor identification and the development of preventive strategies appropriate to different racial groups. ..
- THERAPEUTIC EFFECT OF EMFS ON NEURAL PROCESSES/FUNCTIONSJEREMY TUTTLE; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these largely exploratory experiments will outline likely basic biological processes capable of responding to EMF with a desirable therapeutic effect. ..
- UROLOGICAL RESEARCH TRAINING FOR BASIC SCIENTISTSJEREMY TUTTLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Na Channels in Afferents after Bladder ObstructionWilliam Steers; Fiscal Year: 2006..Insight into these cellular processes could be exploited to develop afferent based treatments for OAB employing pharmacologic, molecular or gene based strategies. ..