Genomes and Genes
gynecologic surgical procedures
Summary: Surgery performed on the female genitalia.
Publications304 found, 100 shown here
- Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery (LESS) in gynecology: a multi-institutional evaluationAmanda Nickles Fader
Section of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Greater Baltimore Medical Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:501.e1-6. 2010..The study objectives were to determine the surgical outcomes of a large series of gynecology patients treated with laparoendoscopic single-site surgery (LESS)...
- Laparoscopic entry: a review of techniques, technologies, and complicationsGeorge A Vilos
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 29:433-65. 2007..To provide clinical direction, based on the best evidence available, on laparoscopic entry techniques and technologies and their associated complications...
- Study of the OPRM1 A118G genetic polymorphism associated with postoperative nausea and vomiting induced by fentanyl intravenous analgesiaW Zhang
Department of Anesthesiology, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, China
Minerva Anestesiol 77:33-9. 2011..This study aimed to investigate whether the genetic polymorphism of OPRM1 A118G contributed to the variability in nausea and vomiting during fentanyl analgesia in patients undergoing total abdominal hysterectomy or myomectomy...
- Laparoscopic surgery is not inherently dangerous for patients presenting with benign gynaecologic pathology. Results of a meta-analysisC Chapron
Service de Chirurgie Gynecologique, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, CHU Cochin Saint Vincent de Paul, 75014 Paris, France
Hum Reprod 17:1334-42. 2002..Laparoscopic surgery presents a large number of advantages over laparotomy. The goal of this work was to check whether these benefits outweigh any greater risk of complications...
- Abdominal radical trachelectomy as a fertility-sparing procedure in women with early-stage cervical cancer in a series of 61 womenHiroshi Nishio
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 115:51-5. 2009..This retrospective study was conducted as a review of a series of women who had undergone abdominal radical trachelectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy for early-stage cervical cancer...
- Complication and reoperation rates after apical vaginal prolapse surgical repair: a systematic reviewGouri B Diwadkar
Department of Ob Gyn, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44198, USA
Obstet Gynecol 113:367-73. 2009..To compare postoperative complication and reoperation rates for surgical procedures correcting apical vaginal prolapse...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site (LESS) surgery in patients with benign adnexal diseasePedro F Escobar
Department of OB GYN and Women s Health Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Fertil Steril 93:2074.e7-10. 2010..To present our initial experience in laparoscopic surgery for benign adnexal disease performed exclusively through an umbilical incision using a single three-channel port and flexible laparoscopic instrumentation...
- Pretreatment with sufentanil reduces myoclonus after etomidateL Hueter
Klinik fuer Anesthesiologie und Intensivtherapie, Friedrich Schiller Universitaet Jena, Germany
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 47:482-4. 2003..Myoclonic movements are a common problem during the induction of general anesthesia with etomidate. We investigated the influence of pretreatment with the opioid sufentanil on the incidence of etomidate-induced myoclonus...
- A prospective study of the feasibility and acceptability of a Web-based, electronic patient-reported outcome system in assessing patient recovery after major gynecologic cancer surgeryVaagn Andikyan
Gynecology Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Gynecol Oncol 127:273-7. 2012..The purposes of this study are to evaluate the feasibility of capturing patient-reported outcomes (PROs) electronically and to identify the most common distressing symptoms in women recovering from major gynecologic cancer surgery...
- What is the optimal goal of primary cytoreductive surgery for bulky stage IIIC epithelial ovarian carcinoma (EOC)?D S Chi
Gynecology Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Gynecol Oncol 103:559-64. 2006..The objective of this study was to analyze survival rates at very specific residual disease diameters to determine the optimal goal of primary cytoreduction for bulky stage IIIC EOC...
- Does intraabdominal pressure affect development of subcutaneous emphysema at gynecologic laparoscopy?Dae Woo Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Bucheon St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, Bucheon, Korea
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 18:761-5. 2011..To estimate the effect of intraabdominal pressure and risk factors related to the occurrence of subcutaneous emphysema during laparoscopic surgery...
- Oncological safety of laparoscopic-assisted vaginal radical trachelectomy (LARVT or Dargent's operation): a comparative study with laparoscopic-assisted vaginal radical hysterectomy (LARVH)Pierangelo Marchiole
University of Genova, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 106:132-41. 2007..Our objective was to know if performing radical trachelectomy in order to preserve the fertility of a young patient with an early cervical cancer is associated or not with an increased risk of operative morbidity or tumor recurrence...
- Anterior colporrhaphy versus transvaginal mesh for pelvic-organ prolapseDaniel Altman
Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Clinical Science, Danderyd Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
N Engl J Med 364:1826-36. 2011..The use of standardized mesh kits for repair of pelvic-organ prolapse has spread rapidly in recent years, but it is unclear whether this approach results in better outcomes than traditional colporrhaphy...
- Surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse in women: a short version Cochrane reviewC Maher
Neurourol Urodyn 27:3-12. 2008..Pelvic organ prolapse may occur in up to 50% of parous women. A variety of urinary, bowel and sexual symptoms may be associated with prolapse...
- Surgical treatment of endometriosis: a prospective randomized double-blinded trial comparing excision and ablationMartin Healey
Royal Women s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Fertil Steril 94:2536-40. 2010..To compare reduction of pain following laparoscopy after ablation or excision of endometriosis...
- Minimal access approach to the management of large ovarian cystsS M Goh
Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, 100 Bukit Timah Road, 229899, Singapore, Singapore
Surg Endosc 21:80-3. 2007..This approach has the advantages of minimising the risk of spillage of cyst fluid, a smaller incision compared to laparotomy, as well as faster recovery. We advocate this method for large unilocular benign cysts...
- Early experience with mesh excision for adverse outcomes after transvaginal mesh placement using prolapse kitsBeri Ridgeway
Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women s Health Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:703.e1-7. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine the complications, treatments, and outcomes in patients choosing to undergo removal of mesh previously placed with a mesh procedural kit...
- Uterus transplantation in the rat: model development, surgical learning and morphological evaluation of healingCaiza A Wranning
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:1239-47. 2008..The aim of the present study was to develop and evaluate a model for uterus transplantation in the rat that can be reproduced and used in future studies concerning critical aspects of uterine function after transplantation...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site and natural orifice surgery in gynecologyPedro F Escobar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Fertil Steril 94:2497-502. 2010..To evaluate the current literature on the use of single port and natural orifice surgery in gynecology...
- Clinical experience with epoetin alfa in the management of hemoglobin levels in orthopedic surgery and cancer. Implications for use in gynecologic surgeryT G Stovall
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tennessee, 853 Jefferson Avenue, Room E 102, Memphis, TN 38103-2896, USA
J Reprod Med 46:531-8. 2001..Extensive clinical experience with epoetin alfa in anemic patients undergoing major elective orthopedic surgery or those with gynecologic cancer provides a strong basis for its use in gynecologic surgery...
- Uterus transplantation in the baboon: methodology and long-term function after auto-transplantationA Enskog
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Göteborg S 413 45, Sweden
Hum Reprod 25:1980-7. 2010..The aim of this study was to extend the UTx research into a non-human primate species by developing surgical techniques for uterus retrieval and transplantation in the baboon...
- A retrospective review of the GelPort system in single-port access pelvic surgeryMark A Rettenmaier
Hoag Cancer Center, Newport Beach, California, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 16:743-7. 2009..The GelPort system has been previously reported in gastric, colorectal, and urologic single-port access procedures but has yet to be described during pelvic surgery...
- Efficacy and safety of transvaginal mesh kits in the treatment of prolapse of the vaginal apex: a systematic reviewB Feiner
Division of Urogynaecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Royal Women s, Mater and Wesley Hospitals, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
BJOG 116:15-24. 2009..Vaginal mesh kits are being used to surgically treat apical vaginal prolapse; however, their safety and efficacy are currently unknown...
- Laparoscopic sacral colpopexy with Gynemesh as graft material--experience and resultsNeena Agarwala
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 14:577-83. 2007..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of Prolene (Ethicon, Inc., Johnson and Johnson, Somerville, NJ) graft for sacral colpopexy and ease of use laparoscopically...
- The use of synthetic mesh in pelvic reconstructive surgeryBeri Ridgeway
Department of Gynecology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 51:136-52. 2008..Procedural kits for vaginal placement of synthetic materials are becoming popular, though long-term outcome and safety data are lacking...
- Adept (icodextrin 4% solution) reduces adhesions after laparoscopic surgery for adhesiolysis: a double-blind, randomized, controlled studyColin B Brown
University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 88:1413-26. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of Adept (4% icodextrin solution) in reducing adhesions after laparoscopic gynecological surgery involving adhesiolysis...
- Long-term follow-up after conservative surgery for rectovaginal endometriosisLuigi Fedele
Clinica Ostetrico Ginecologica dell Università di Milano, Ospedale San Paolo, Milan, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:1020-4. 2004..The purpose of this study was to evaluate long-term results in patients who received conservative surgical treatment for rectovaginal endometriosis...
- Graft use in transvaginal pelvic organ prolapse repair: a systematic reviewVivian W Sung
Alpert Medical School at Brown University, Women and Infants Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:1131-42. 2008..To estimate the anatomic and symptomatic efficacy of graft use in transvaginal prolapse repair and to estimate the rates and describe the spectrum of adverse events associated with graft use...
- Laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy for severe vaginal vault prolapse: five-year outcomeJim W Ross
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UCLA School of Medicine, Salinas, California 93901, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 12:221-6. 2005..To assess the efficacy of the laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy in the treatment of severe vaginal prolapse...
- Fertility preservation in young women with epithelial ovarian cancerJason D Wright
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, and Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York 10032, USA
Cancer 115:4118-26. 2009..In young women, this results in the loss of reproductive function and estrogen deprivation. In the current study, the authors examined the safety of fertility-conserving surgery in premenopausal women with epithelial ovarian cancers...
- Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery in gynecology: review of literature and available technologyShitanshu Uppal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 18:12-23. 2011..Although LESS surgery provides another option in the arena of minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, the ultimate role of this approach remains to be determined...
- Multidisciplinary convalescence recommendations after gynaecological surgery: a modified Delphi method among expertsA Vonk Noordegraaf
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, AMC UMCG UWV VUmc, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BJOG 118:1557-67. 2011..To generate structured detailed uniform convalescence recommendations after gynaecological surgery by a modified Delphi method amongst experts and a representative group of physicians...
- [First abdominal access in gynecological laparoscopy: which method to utilize?]A Tinelli
Unità Operativa di Ginecologia ed Ostetricia Ospedale Vito Fazzi, Lecce, Italy
Minerva Ginecol 58:429-40. 2006..In this paper we describe the large range of methods for open and closed laparoscopy and for direct access, that permit to perform a first abdominal laparoscopical access, and their major possible problems...
- Surgical and pathologic outcomes of fertility-sparing radical abdominal trachelectomy for FIGO stage IB1 cervical cancerNadeem R Abu-Rustum
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Department of Surgery, Gynecology Service, New York, NY, USA
Gynecol Oncol 111:261-4. 2008..To describe the surgical and pathologic findings of fertility-sparing radical abdominal trachelectomy using a standardized surgical technique, and report the rate of post-trachelectomy adjuvant therapy that results in permanent sterility...
- Is there any possibility of fertility-sparing surgery in patients with clear-cell carcinoma of the ovary?Hiroaki Kajiyama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 111:523-6. 2008..The purpose of this study was to clarify the clinical outcome of patients with clear-cell carcinoma of the ovary (CCC) who would usually undergo radical surgery...
- Complications of laparoscopic surgeryJavier F Magrina
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 45:469-80. 2002
- Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery in gynecologyAmanda Nickles Fader
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Greater Baltimore Medical Center and Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21204, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 22:331-8. 2010..To review the contemporary literature on laparoendoscopic single-site surgery (LESS) advances in gynecology...
- A randomized, controlled pilot study of the safety and efficacy of 4% icodextrin solution in the reduction of adhesions following laparoscopic gynaecological surgeryG S diZerega
University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hum Reprod 17:1031-8. 2002....
- A novel technique to apply a Seprafilm (hyaluronate-carboxymethylcellulose) barrier following laparoscopic surgeriesYi Chen Chuang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, E Da Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Fertil Steril 90:1959-63. 2008..To describe a novel technique for application of a Seprafilm (modified hyaluronate-carboxymethylcellulose) barrier laparoscopically, and to assess the adequacy of coverage of desired sites...
- Peritoneal adhesions: etiology, pathophysiology, and clinical significance. Recent advances in prevention and managementT Liakakos
3rd Academic Department of Surgery, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
Dig Surg 18:260-73. 2001....
- Anatomical study of the obturator foramen and dorsal nerve of the clitoris and their relationship to minimally invasive slingsChahin Achtari
Urogynaecology Department, Mercy Hospital for Women, Clarendon Street, East Melbourne, 3002, Victoria, Australia
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:330-4. 2006..The objective of the study is to clarify potential risks to the dorsal nerve of the clitoris (DNC) and obturator canal using different minimally invasive slings...
- Tension-free vaginal tape, suprapubic arc sling, and transobturator tape in the treatment of mixed urinary incontinence in womenJae Seung Paick
Department of Urology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 19:123-9. 2008..031-10.887; P = 0.044). Our findings suggest that low MUCP and the presence of uninhibited detrusor contraction during cystometry should be considered to be at high risk of treatment failure of UUI after surgery in these patients...
- Effectiveness of tension-free vaginal tape compared with transobturator tape in women with stress urinary incontinence and intrinsic sphincter deficiency: a randomized controlled trialLore Schierlitz
Department of Urogynecology, Mercy Hospital for Women, Heidelberg, Australia
Obstet Gynecol 112:1253-61. 2008..To compare efficacy of transobturator tape with tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) in the treatment of stress urinary incontinence in women with intrinsic sphincter deficiency...
- Laparoscopy versus laparotomy for the surgical management of apparent early stage ovarian cancerFabio Ghezzi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Insubria, Del Ponte Hospital, Piazza Biroldi 1, 21100 Varese, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 105:409-13. 2007..To compare the results of laparoscopic staging of apparent early ovarian cancer (EOC) with those obtained with comprehensive surgical staging via laparotomy...
- A 5-year prospective follow-up study of vaginal surgery for pelvic organ prolapseAnn Miedel
Department of Clinical Science and Education, Sodersjukhuset, Section of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Karolinska Institutet, 118 83, Stockholm, Sweden
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 19:1593-601. 2008..An improvement was seen in difficulty in emptying bowel 1 year after surgery (54%). Patients were primarily cured from mechanical symptoms. Re-operation rate was 9.7%; if additional operation for incontinence was included, it was13.5%...
- Functional results and quality-of-life after bilateral sacrospinous ligament fixation for genital prolapseEmmanuel David-Montefiore
Service de Gynecologie, obstétrique et médecine de la reproduction, Hopital Tenon, Université Saint Antoine Paris IV, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris Cedex 20, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 132:209-13. 2007..To evaluate intra- and post-operative complications, anatomical results, quality-of-life and sexuality after bilateral sacrospinous ligament fixation (SSLF)...
- Laparoscopic radical trachelectomy or parametrectomy and pelvic and para-aortic lymphadenectomy for cervical or vaginal stump carcinoma: report of six casesZ Liang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1713-6. 2006..8 days. There was no intraoperative or postoperative complication. Laparoscopic radical parametrectomy with pelvic and para-aortic lymphadenectomy for cervical or vaginal stump carcinoma can be successfully and safely accomplished...
- A fertility-preserving option in early cervical carcinoma: laparoscopy-assisted vaginal radical trachelectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomyYong Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, PR China
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 136:90-3. 2008..The aim of this study is to describe the feasibility and outcome of laparoscopic radical vaginal trachelectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy in women treated with early cervical cancers who wish to maintain fertility...
- Symptom resolution and sexual function after anterior vaginal wall repair with or without polypropylene meshKari Nieminen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tampere University Hospital, P O Box 2000, 33521, Tampere, Finland
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 19:1611-6. 2008..001). The dyspareunia score was statistically significantly lower in the mesh group (p = 0.015). The mesh exposure rate was 8%. Sensation of vaginal bulge was relieved more efficiently by the mesh technique without causing dyspareunia...
- Arterial blood concentration of sevoflurane during single-breath induction and tracheal intubation in gynecologic patientsTso Chou Lin
Department of Anesthesiology, Tri Service General Hospital National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Anesth 20:496-500. 2008..To investigate sevoflurane blood concentrations on loss of consciousness during single-breath induction and ensuing tidal volume ventilation...
- A statement for extensive primary cytoreductive surgery in advanced ovarian cancerC Pomel
Department of Gynaecological Oncology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
BJOG 115:808-10. 2008
- Radical vaginal trachelectomy vs. radical hysterectomy for small early stage cervical cancer: a matched case-control studyM E Beiner
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Center, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 110:168-71. 2008..To determine the efficacy and outcome from radical vaginal trachelectomy (RVT) compared to a matched group of patients undergoing radical hysterectomy for small early stage cervical cancer...
- "Schauta sine utero": technique and results of laparoscopic-vaginal radical parametrectomyChristhardt Köhler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Friedrich Schiller University, Bachstrasse 18, 07740, Jena, Germany
Gynecol Oncol 91:359-68. 2003..We evaluated whether radical parametrectomy without or with cervical stump exstirpation can be performed by a combined laparoscopic-vaginal approach...
- Review of transobturator and retropubic tape procedures for stress urinary incontinencePallavi M Latthe
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Birmingham Women s NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham, UK
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 20:331-6. 2008..The aim of this review is to assess the recent evidence on effectiveness and complications of these tapes in stress urinary incontinence...
- Laparoscopic-assisted radical parametrectomy including pelvic and/or paraaortic lymphadenectomy in women after prior hysterectomy-three casesYoon S Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kyungpook National University, School of Medicine, 50 Samduk 2 Ga, Taegu, Korea 700 412
Gynecol Oncol 91:619-22. 2003..This type of surgery for invasive cervical cancer after a hysterectomy or vaginal stump metastasis traditionally requires a major laparotomy; however, a minimal-access approach is now being applied to this type of procedure...
- Oncologic outcome of fertility-sparing radical trachelectomy versus radical hysterectomy for stage IB1 cervical carcinomaJohn P Diaz
Gynecology Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Gynecol Oncol 111:255-60. 2008..To compare the oncologic outcomes of women who underwent a fertility-sparing radical trachelectomy (RT) to those who underwent a radical hysterectomy (RH) for stage IB1 cervical carcinoma...
- Effectiveness of the TVT procedure as a repeat mid-urethra operation for treatment of stress incontinenceK Palva
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Haartmaninkatu 2, Helsinki, P O Box 140, 00029 HUS, Finland
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 20:769-74. 2009....
- Diaphragmatic surgery during primary debulking in 89 patients with stage IIIB-IV epithelial ovarian cancerD Tsolakidis
Division of Gynaecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospitals Leuven, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Gynecol Oncol 116:489-96. 2010..The aim of this study was to describe the role of diaphragmatic surgery in achieving optimal debulking in patients with advanced ovarian cancer and the assessment of the relative post-operative complications...
- Traditional native tissue versus mesh-augmented pelvic organ prolapse repairs: providing an accurate interpretation of current literatureE J Stanford
Delta County Memorial Hospital, 236 Cottonwood Rd, Delta, CO 81416, USA
Int Urogynecol J 23:19-28. 2012..An understanding of the published literature and knowledge of individual surgeon factors are important in deciding which surgical approach to use and how to best counsel patients during informed consent...
- Primary surgical repair of anterior vaginal prolapse: a randomised trial comparing anatomical and functional outcome between anterior colporrhaphy and trocar-guided transobturator anterior meshA Vollebregt
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Spaarne Hospital Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
BJOG 118:1518-27. 2011..To compare anterior colporrhaphy with a trocar-guided transobturator mesh procedure (Avaulta(®) anterior)...
- Pelvic organ prolapse (POP) surgery: the evidence for the repairsAlex Gomelsky
Department of Urology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA, USA
BJU Int 107:1704-19. 2011..Recent warnings by the USA Food and Drug Administration and other groups regarding adverse events further complicate the decision to use synthetic mesh...
- Laparoscopic management of large ovarian tumors: clinical tips for overcoming common concernsJin Hwa Hong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 38:9-15. 2012..This study was performed to assess the feasibility and efficacy of laparoscopic management for patients with large ovarian tumors...
- Native tissue repairs in anterior vaginal prolapse surgery: examining definitions of surgical success in the mesh eraUna Lee
Section of Urology and Renal Transplantation, Virginia Mason Medical Center Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Curr Opin Urol 22:265-70. 2012..The purpose of this article is to review the outcomes of native tissue repair of anterior vaginal prolapse repair in the mesh era...
- Gasless laparoscopic myomectomy. Indications, surgical technique and advantages of a new procedure for removing uterine leiomyomasAlfredo Damiani
Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, International School of Gynecological Endoscopy, S Pio X Hospital, Milan, Italy
J Reprod Med 48:792-8. 2003..To evaluate the feasibility, safety and reliability of gasless laparoscopic myomectomy (GLM) using a new subcutaneous lifting system (Laparotenser, Lucini L&T, Milan, Italy) for removing subserosal and intramural leiomyomas...
- Low-weight polypropylene mesh for anterior vaginal wall prolapse: a randomized controlled trialReijo Hiltunen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Central Hospital of South Ostrobothnia, Seinajoki, Finland
Obstet Gynecol 110:455-62. 2007..To compare anterior colporrhaphy with and without a tailored mesh...
- Repair of the anterior vaginal compartmentSarah Hamilton Boyles
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 48:682-90. 2005
- Laparoscopy and gynecologic oncologyJennifer E Cho
St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 52:313-26. 2009..Significant progress has been made in the last 2 decades in gynecologic malignancy. In this study, the application of laparoscopy in cervical, endometrial, and ovarian cancer will be presented...
- Simultaneous laparoscopic uterine artery ligation and laparoscopic myomectomy for symptomatic uterine myomas with and without in situ morcellationWen Chun Chang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Taiwan University Hospital, College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Hum Reprod 26:1735-40. 2011..To determine the optimal surgical approach for laparoscopic uterine artery ligation (LUAL) combined with myomectomy in the management of women with symptomatic uterine fibroids...
- McIndoe procedure for vaginal agenesis: long-term outcome and effect on quality of lifeChristopher J Klingele
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:1569-72; discussion 1572-3. 2003..The purpose of this study was to evaluate quality of life, sexual function, and long-term outcome in women after undergoing the McIndoe procedure for vaginal agenesis...
- Tertiary cytoreduction in patients with recurrent ovarian carcinomaMario M Leitao
Gynecology Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Gynecol Oncol 95:181-8. 2004..The literature on the role of cytoreductive surgery beyond the secondary cytoreductive setting is limited. In this study, we reviewed the outcomes of patients with recurrent epithelial ovarian carcinoma who underwent tertiary cytoreduction...
- Complete laparoscopic excision of endometriosis in teenagers: is postoperative hormonal suppression necessary?Patrick Yeung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27704, USA
Fertil Steril 95:1909-12, 1912.e1. 2011..To determine long-term outcomes after complete laparoscopic excision done at a tertiary referral center in a teenager population, who were not specifically advised to take postoperative hormonal suppression...
- Laparoscopic myomectomy focusing on the myoma pseudocapsule: technical and outcome reportsAndrea Tinelli
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Division of Experimental Endoscopic Surgery, Imaging, Minimally Invasive Therapy and Technology, Vito Fazzi Hospital, P zza Muratore, 73100 Lecce, Italy
Hum Reprod 27:427-35. 2012..Our aim was to assess surgical complaints and reproductive outcomes of laparoscopic intracapsular myomectomies by a prospective observational study run in University affiliated hospitals...
- Effectiveness of a multidisciplinary care program on recovery and return to work of patients after gynaecological surgery; design of a randomized controlled trialAntonie Vonk Noordegraaf
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Health Serv Res 12:29. 2012..In order to empower patients in recovery and return to work, a multidisciplinary care program consisting of an e-health intervention and integrated care management including participatory workplace intervention was developed...
- Prospective evaluation for the feasibility and safety of vaginal birth after laparoscopic myomectomyJun Kumakiri
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 15:420-4. 2008..To estimate the feasibility and safety of vaginal birth after laparoscopic myomectomy (LM)...
- Adhesion formation after intracapsular myomectomy with or without adhesion barrierAndrea Tinelli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vito Fazzi Hospital, Lecce, Italy
Fertil Steril 95:1780-5. 2011..To show the prevention of adhesion formation by placing an absorbable adhesion barrier after intracapsular myomectomy...
- Can prolonged sick leave after gynecologic surgery be predicted? An observational study in The NetherlandsHans A M Brolmann
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1181HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Surg Endosc 23:2237-41. 2009..This study investigated the relation of the Recovery Index 10, the RI-6 (a subset of 6 questions), and the type of surgery to sick leave...
- Questionnaire analysis of recovery of activities of daily living after laparoscopic surgeryIwaho Kikuchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 15:16-9. 2008..A questionnaire survey of patients discharged after laparoscopic surgery was performed to investigate and analyze the recovery of activity of daily living (ADL) 1 month after surgery...
- Robotic gynecologic surgeryAnthony G Visco
Division of Urogynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:1369-84. 2008..Well-designed, prospective studies with well-defined clinical, long-term outcomes, including complications, cost, pain, return to normal activity, and quality of life, are needed to fully assess the value of this new technology...
- Pain control in laparoscopic gynecologic surgery with/without preoperative (preemptive) parecoxib sodium injection: a randomized studySarwinee Ratchanon
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine Vajira Hospital, University of Bangkok Metropolis, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 94:1164-8. 2011..To determine the effectiveness of preoperative parecoxib sodium injection for pain relief after laparoscopic gynecologic surgery...
- Prediction of operation time for laparoscopic myomectomy by ultrasound measurementsWen Chiung Hsu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Surg Endosc 21:1600-6. 2007..This study aimed to develop a regression-based prediction equation for operation time for laparoscopic myomectomy (LM) using ultrasound measurement...
- Myoma pseudocapsule: a distinct endocrino-anatomical entity in gynecological surgeryAndrea Tinelli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vito Fazzi Hospital, Piazza Muratore, Lecce 73100, Italy
Gynecol Endocrinol 25:661-7. 2009....
- A simple clinical maneuver to reduce laparoscopy-induced shoulder pain: a randomized controlled trialPaul Phelps
Department of Anesthesia, Southwest Healthcare System, Murrieta, California, USA
Obstet Gynecol 111:1155-60. 2008..To estimate the efficacy of a simple clinical maneuver that facilitates removal of residual abdominal carbon dioxide (CO2) after laparoscopic surgery to reduce shoulder pain...
- Use of three-dimensional ultrasonography in the evaluation of uterine perfusion and healing after laparoscopic myomectomyWen Chun Chang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Taiwan University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Fertil Steril 92:1110-5. 2009..To evaluate vascular perfusion and uterine healing after laparoscopic myomectomy using three-dimensional power Doppler ultrasound (3D-PDU)...
- Laparoscopic sacral colpopexy versus total vaginal mesh for vaginal vault prolapse: a randomized trialChristopher F Maher
Wesley, Royal Brisbane, and Mater Urogynaecology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 204:360.e1-7. 2011..To compare the laparoscopic sacral colpopexy and total vaginal mesh for vaginal vault prolapse...
- Modified uterine transplant procedure in the sheep modelEdwin R Ramirez
Antelope Valley Hospital, Lancaster, California, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 15:311-4. 2008..The purpose of this project is to develop a uterine transplant procedure in the sheep model that may be suitable for human uterine transplants...
- Building the evidence base for postoperative and postpartum adviceLucas Minig
Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Obstet Gynecol 114:892-900. 2009..for postdischarge instructions related to physical activity after the most common obstetric and gynecologic surgical procedures, we conclude that the available data do not support many of the recommendations currently provided...
- Anterior or posterior sacrospinous vaginal vault suspension: long-term anatomic and functional evaluationR P Goldberg
Evanston Continence Center, Northwestern University Medical School, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Evanston, Illinois 60201, USA
Obstet Gynecol 98:199-204. 2001..To compare vaginal anatomy and sexual function after the conventional posterior and anterior sacrospinous vault suspension...
- Clinical evaluation of a viscoelastic gel for reduction of adhesions following gynaecological surgery by laparoscopy in EuropeP Lundorff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Viborg Hospital, Viborg, Denmark
Hum Reprod 20:514-20. 2005..Commonly used adhesion prevention devices either cannot be applied or are difficult to use via laparoscopy. A viscoelastic gel was developed specifically for adhesion prophylaxis during minimally invasive surgery...
- Bloodless surgery in a Jehovah's Witness patient with a 12.7-kg uterine leiomyosarcomaNimesh P Nagarsheth
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science, Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, Englewood, New Jersey, USA
J Surg Educ 64:212-9. 2007..The techniques of bloodless surgery have been incorporated in order to care for a patient with a large uterine sarcoma with involvement and invasion into adjacent organs...
- Reduced-force closed trocar entry technique: analysis of trocar insertion force using a mechanical force gaugeJames Fanning
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pennsylvania State University, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
JSLS 15:59-61. 2011..The purpose of this study was to compare standard trocar entry with our reduced-force closed trocar entry technique by measuring trocar insertion force using a mechanical force gauge...
- Does the Prolift system cause dyspareunia?Joye K Lowman
Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:707.e1-6. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine the de novo dyspareunia rate with the Prolift procedure...
- Pre-clinical evaluation of a next-generation spray adhesion barrier for multiple site adhesion protectionRoger Ferland
Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Surg Technol Int 18:137-43. 2009....
- Experimental uterus transplantationMats Brannstrom
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Hum Reprod Update 16:329-45. 2010..Uterus transplantation (UTx) is developed in animal models as a future method to treat uterine factor infertility...
- Operative complications in HIV-infected women undergoing gynecologic surgeryC A Sewell
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Harvey 319, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Reprod Med 46:199-204. 2001..To examine complications in HIV-positive women and controls undergoing gynecologic surgery and to evaluate the prognostic value of immune function for postoperative morbidity...
- Laparoscopic excision of large ovarian cystsHesham A F Salem
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria University, Egypt
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 28:290-4. 2002..The aim of this study was to check the ability of operative laparoscopy to help in the management of large ovarian cysts that may reach above the level of the umbilicus...
- Initial laparoscopic access in postmenopausal women: a preliminary prospective studyAndrea Tinelli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Vito Fazzi Hospital, Lecce, Italy
Menopause 16:966-70. 2009..Because more than 50% of major laparoscopic complications occur during initial entry under the abdominal skin, the efficacy and the safety of two laparoscopic access techniques were compared in postmenopausal women...
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy for treatment of vaginal vault prolapseDavid S Di Marco
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55901, USA
Urology 63:373-6. 2004..To describe and demonstrate the use and benefit of robotic-assisted laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy in the treatment of posthysterectomy vaginal vault prolapse...
- Outcome after anterior vaginal prolapse repair: a randomized controlled trialJohn N Nguyen
Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Bellflower, California, USA
Obstet Gynecol 111:891-8. 2008..To report 1-year outcomes of a randomized controlled trial comparing polypropylene mesh-reinforced anterior vaginal prolapse repair with anterior colporrhaphy...
- Abdominal access in gynaecological laparoscopy: a comparison between direct optical and blind closed access by Verres needleAndrea Tinelli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Vito Fazzi Hospital, Lecce, Italy
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 148:191-4. 2010..In order to minimize first access-related complications in laparoscopy, several techniques and technologies have been introduced in the past years. This investigation compares two laparoscopic access techniques...
- Surgical management of deeply infiltrating endometriosis: an updateCharles Chapron
Service de Chirurgie Gynecologique, Unité de Chirurgie, Clinique Universitaire Baudelocque, 123, boulevard Port Royal, CHU Cochin Saint Vincent de Paul, 75014 Paris, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1034:326-37. 2004..Further studies are needed to specify the place and modalities of medical treatments preoperatively and postoperatively...
- Surgical skills assessment: a blinded examination of obstetrics and gynecology residentsBarbara A Goff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, 98195 6460, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:613-7. 2002..Our goal was to establish the feasibility, reliability, and validity of our surgical skills assessment instrument when administered in a blinded fashion...
- Hormone markers during pregnancy and ovarian concer riskSven Cnattingius; Fiscal Year: 2005..The Swedish research registers will allow us to perform a large cost-effective cohort study where information on markers of hormone exposure during pregnancy has been collected prospectively. ..
- Developing Physics-Based Virtual Simulation Technology for Natural Orifice TranslDANIEL BOUGERE JONES; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- The role of novel, uncultivable bacteria in incident PIDCATHERINE L contact HAGGERTY; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- STRAW+10: Addressing the Unfinished Agenda of Staging Reproductive Aging - RESUBMSioban D Harlow; Fiscal Year: 2011..We also propose to extend the STRAW recommendations to be more broadly applicable to the range of women's diverse experience of reproductive aging. ..
- Cranberry as a Strategy for Preventing CAUTI Post Gynecologic SurgeryBetsy Foxman; Fiscal Year: 2011..The conduct/ results of this pilot /feasibility study will prepare us for the conduct of a large scale clinical trial. ..
- Bilateral oophorectomy and cancer risk and mortality in African American womenDeborah A Boggs; Fiscal Year: 2012..It is particularly important to elucidate the long-term health effects of bilateral oophorectomy and hysterectomy in this population of women because of the high prevalence of these surgeries. ..
- ICE-FREE PRESERVATION OF OVARIES FOR LONG-TERM FECUNDITYYing Song; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- CHROMOSOME PAIRING AND NONDISJUNCTION IN HUMAN MEIOSISEdith Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2000..Multicolor FISH will be used to evaluate for heterologous associations in early meiosis to determine their significance in the formation of structural rearrangements. ..
- IN VIVO REGULATION OF STAR IN THE HUMAN CORPUS LUTEUMJEROME STRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of these studies will provide a framework for understanding the role of StAR in the control of human luteal steroidogenesis. ..
- ANESTHETIC ACTION AND VIRUS REPLICATIONPaul Knight; Fiscal Year: 1992..By correlating these in vivo results with our in vitro results we hope to establish a firm molecular basis for our clinical findings...
- Surgical Adhesions: Role of T cells in PathogenesisArthur Tzianabos; Fiscal Year: 2005The development of adhesions associated with abdominal and gynecologic surgical procedures causes severe morbidity and can be fatal. These structures are also associated with infertility and chronic pelvic pain in women...
- Gel-forming Systems for Adhesion PreventionSHALABY SHALABY; Fiscal Year: 2001..This will not only benefit patients, but also reduce the cost of healthcare. ..
- IN UTERO DES EXPOSURE: CANCER AND MEDICAL ILLNESSESPETER O BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 1990..9, a two-fold difference in the rates of many common medical diseases and surgical procedures at the p=.05 level...
- AN EPIDEMIOLOGIC STUDY OF BREAST CANCER RISK FACTORSWilliam Dupont; Fiscal Year: 1980..We will also use Third National Cancer Survey data from Atlanta and data from the Cancer in Connecticut series to form two standard populations for further comparisons with our study group. ..
- Natural History of POP-- A Prospective Cohort StudyIngrid Nygaard; Fiscal Year: 2005..The national cost burden is large. This project will provide fundamental data to guide future decisions about intervention threshold, preventative measures, and risk factor modification. ..
- Function of the Urethra in Continent WomenKimberly Kenton; Fiscal Year: 2008..Normative ranges will be calculated for EMG, current perception thresholds, and urethral pressures for Caucasian and African American women. These data can then be used by other centers as reference data. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BOTULINUM TOXIN THERAPY FOR INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS/CHRON*Mary FitzGerald; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Sensory Testing in Subjects with Interstitial CystitisMary FitzGerald; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Strategies Against HPV Related Genital Diseases in WomenBradley Monk; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is expected that Dr. Monk will have obtained extramural funding for both his laboratory and clinical studies by the end of the period of support requested. ..
- Patient-centered goals for pelvic floor dysfunctionKathie Hullfish; Fiscal Year: 2004..Patient goals, combined with clinical and QOL measures, may be used to provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary, patient-centered approaches to prevention, management, treatment, and rehabilitation. ..
- Treatment Investigation for Posterior ProlapseGEOFFREY CUNDIFF; Fiscal Year: 2005..All subjects will be followed for a total of three years. ..
- Health Services Use: Analysis of ACTIVE DataSharon Tennstedt; Fiscal Year: 2005..The trial data currently are being archived for public use and are available only to the ACTIVE investigators. ..
- Training Program for Geriatric Social WorkersSharon Tennstedt; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Wayne State University Clinical Translational ScienceMichael Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Limited Access Dataset: ACTIVE Study Phase IISharon Tennstedt; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will make the remainder of the study data available for public use. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treatment of Endometriosis-Associated Pelvic PainDavid Guzick; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, a cost-effectiveness analysis will be performed by calculating the cost per unit reduction in pain score for each treatment. ..
- Interactive Decision Aid for Advance Care PlanningSharon Tennstedt; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biobehavioral Effects of Emotional Expression in CancerLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2006..The effects of the intervention should be evident throughout recovery and across indices of quality of life, mental health, subjective symptoms of stress, and immune function. ..
- Pelvic Floor Changes Before and After BirthREBECCA GLENN ROGERS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will provide fundamental data to guide future decisions about labor interventions to prevent PF changes as well as data-based decisions regarding maternal request cesarean. ..
- Limited Access Dataset: The ACTIVE StudySharon Tennstedt; Fiscal Year: 2003..The Coordinating Center for the ACTIVE trial, the New England Research Institutes, will perform this work. ..
- Biobehavioral Effects of Yoga During Cancer TreatmentLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Supplementing Relaxation & Music for Postoperative PainMarion Good; Fiscal Year: 2004..Knowledge of the effects of patient teaching and non-invasive methods to reduce post-operative pain, stress, and immune function may facilitate postoperative recovery with lower health-care cost. ..
- Brief Psychosocial Intervention for Head and Neck Cancer Patients and PartnersDONNA POSLUSZNY; Fiscal Year: 2008..Twenty of these couples will also participate in a qualitative[unreadable] interview. Ten additional couples will be recruited to test the feasibilty of the psychosocial intervention. ..
- Reproductive Risk Factors for Pelvic Organ ProlapseJeanette Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identification of risk factors for prolapse will help guide the development of preventive intervention trials to test the efficacy of modifying risk factors for pelvic organ prolapse. ..
- Collagenolysis and Elastolysis in Urinary IncontinenceBertha Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our goal is to identify specific pathophysiologic changes related to reproductive events and aging which underlie the development of SUI as a first step to identifying potential targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Economic Analysis of the Urinary Incontinence Treatment Network Trials (E-UITN)Leslee L Subak; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study assembles a group of senior investigators with expertise in economics, cost-effectiveness and UI treatment. The E- UITN will provide critical economic data for commonly used treatments for incontinence. ..
- Characterizing Mammalian Embryonic polyA Binding ProteinEmre Seli; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Raloxifene in Women with AD: Randomized Controlled TrialVICTOR HENDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is anticipated that findings from this pilot study will provide useful guidance to plan and conduct future studies of raloxifene in women with mild to moderate symptoms of dementia due to AD. ..
- Economic Analysis of the EPRIDELeslee Subak; Fiscal Year: 2008..The E- PRIDE ancillary study allows us to efficiently evaluate the cost-utility of a novel treatment approach - weight reduction -- for incontinence. ..
- Treatment of Endometriosis with NA vs GnRH AgonistOzgul Muneyyirci Delale; Fiscal Year: 2008..The objectives will be compared between the group at 12, 24 and 52 weeks of treatment and at 6 month intervals during the follow-up period. ..
- Female Pelvic Floor Disorders and Sexual FunctionsVictoria Handa; Fiscal Year: 2007..This powerful combination will provide the candidate with the necessary skills and experience to become a successful, independently funded investigator. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PREGNANCY OUTCOME AFTER TREATMENT OF CERVICAL DYSPLASIALynn Sadler; Fiscal Year: 2001..Outcome of the first >/= 20 week pregnancy following diagnosis will be compared for 535 treated women and 535 women not requiring treatment, using multiple logistic and linear regression models to control for confounding. ..
- PRESURGICAL STRESS REDUCTION MENTAL HEALTH AND CANCERLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2002..We hypothesize that pre-surgical stress management will reduce the negative impact of RP assessed by psychological, physiological, and quality of life measures. ..
- FOOD FOR LIFE: HEALTHIER MEALS ELDERS CAN LIVE WITHSharon Tennstedt; Fiscal Year: 2002..2. To rigorously evaluate the effectiveness of using the package in a workshop in improving participants' diet. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- ADVANCED STAGE CHRONIC DISEASE: SYMPTONS, DISTRESS, CARESharon Tennstedt; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, the study will provide data on the amount, source, and costs of care that will improve planning and coordination of end-of-life care. ..
- U of R Human Subjects Collaborative Research EnhancementDavid Guzick; Fiscal Year: 2003..This can be viewed as the first steps in the development of an interoperative clinical research network as envisioned within the NIH Strategic Plan. ..
- ATR in Human Cancer and Anticancer TherapyWilliam Cliby; Fiscal Year: 2004..Using xenograft models we will develop a gene therapy model of ATR disruption to test the safety and efficacy of targeting ATR for anticancer therapy. ..
- International Center of TCM for CancerLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Communicating to Improve the Quality of Informal CareSharon Tennstedt; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Validation of Medicare Claims to Define Chemotherapy UseDeborah Schrag; Fiscal Year: 2005..This knowledge has the potential to lay the groundwork for development of an inexpensive and efficient system for monitoring and improving the quality of US cancer care. ..
- EXTRAMURAL RESEARCH FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMDavid Guzick; Fiscal Year: 2003..Since much of the current space will continue to house vision science, this C06 award will create a substantial net increase in vision-research facilities and capabilities. ..
- Doctor-Older Patient Communication About Alcohol MisuseSharon Tennstedt; Fiscal Year: 2006..The program can also be used in medical schools and by advance practice nurses. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Communicating with Older Drivers: A Web-based CourseSharon Tennstedt; Fiscal Year: 2006..The Web-based program will be marketed as a CME product for physicians through NERI's E-commerce Website and the Boston University School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Beneath the Urologic Iceberg: A Qualitative StudySharon Tennstedt; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Patient-Oriented Models for Urinary Function in WomenLinda Brubaker; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] b. To model urinary storage in health and disease [unreadable] c. To model urinary emptying in health and diseas [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- URINE LOSS AND PROLAPSE IN NUNS AND THEIR PAROUS SISTERSGUNHILDE BUCHSBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2003..A matched pair logistic regression will be performed to obtain an adjusted estimate of the impact of familiality and vaginal delivery in UT and POP, taking into account other risk factors. ..
- COMPUTER AIDED STRESS REDUCTION, MENTAL HEALTH & CANCERLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ANESHETIC MODULATION OF NATIVE NICOTINIC RECEPTORSPamela Flood; Fiscal Year: 2003..The resulting information will provide understanding of the molecular mechanism underlying one of the anesthetic effects that limit anesthetic safety. ..
- Biology of the Primate Ovarian Surface EpitheliumJay W Wright; Fiscal Year: 2011..g. infertility) and pathology (e.g. tumorigenesis). The result of this project will generate a comprehensive tissue archive to be used in future studies and collaborations with other investigators. ..
- MENTORING & ADVANCED RESEARCH TRAINING FOR WRHR SCHOLARSJonathan Berek; Fiscal Year: 2008..This cadre of Scholars will be among future leaders in women's reproductive health research in the United States. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genotype /phenotype correlations in infertilityLAWRENCE LAYMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..The elucidation and analysis of gene mutations in infertile patients will be important to determine the genetic basis of some forms of infertility and to determine the underlying mechanisms of puberty and reproduction...