Genomes and Genes
peripheral blood stem cell transplantation
Summary: Transplantation of stem cells collected from the peripheral blood. It is a less invasive alternative to direct marrow harvesting of hematopoietic stem cells. Enrichment of stem cells in peripheral blood can be achieved by inducing mobilization of stem cells from the BONE MARROW.
Publications343 found, 100 shown here
- Adoptive transfer and selective reconstitution of streptamer-selected cytomegalovirus-specific CD8+ T cells leads to virus clearance in patients after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantationAnita Schmitt
Department of Internal Medicine III, The Institute For Transfusion Medicine, and the Institute for Virology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Transfusion 51:591-9. 2011..Cytomegalovirus (CMV) disease constitutes a serious complication after allogeneic stem cell transplantation. For the clearance of CMV, CD8+ T cells are pivotal...
- The impact of early CD4+ lymphocyte recovery on the outcome of patients who undergo allogeneic bone marrow or peripheral blood stem cell transplantationRoberta Fedele
Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Bianchi Melacrino Morelli Hospital, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Blood Transfus 10:174-80. 2012..Different factors influence the clinical outcome of allogeneic transplants, the foremost being good immune recovery...
- Cotransplantation of mesenchymal stem cells might prevent death from graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) without abrogating graft-versus-tumor effects after HLA-mismatched allogeneic transplantation following nonmyeloablative conditioningFrederic Baron
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, CHU of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:838-47. 2010..02), and 38% (P = .1), respectively, and a 1-year rate of death from GVHD or infection with GVHD of 31% (P = .04). In conclusion, our data suggest that HLA-mismatched NMA HCT with MSC coinfusion appeared to be safe...
- Low risk of chronic graft-versus-host disease and relapse associated with T cell-depleted peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for acute myelogenous leukemia in first remission: results of the blood and marrow transplant clinical trials network protSteven M Devine
Medicine Department of Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:1343-51. 2011..HCT after myeloablative chemoradiotherapy can be performed in a multicenter setting using a uniform method of TCD, resulting in a low risk of extensive chronic GVHD and relapse for patients with AML in CR1...
- Acute graft-versus-host disease transiently impairs thymic output in young patients after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationEmmanuel Clave
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Inserm Unite Mixte de Recherche, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, Universite Paris, Diderot, France
Blood 113:6477-84. 2009..These data show that aGVHD or its treatment has a transient impact on thymic function in younger patients in the first months after HSCT...
- High-dose therapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation as salvage treatment for AIDS-related lymphoma: long-term results of the Italian Cooperative Group on AIDS and Tumors (GICAT) study with analysis of prognostic factorsAlessandro Re
Division of Hematology, Spedali Civili di Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Blood 114:1306-13. 2009..antiretroviral therapy (HAART), intensive treatment, including high-dose therapy (HDT) and peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT), has become feasible in HIV-positive patients with Hodgkin (HL) and non-Hodgkin (NHL) ..
- Effect of lenalidomide therapy on mobilization of peripheral blood stem cells in previously untreated multiple myeloma patientsA Mazumder
Leukemia 22:1280-1; author reply 1281-2. 2008
- Twenty-five years of peripheral blood stem cell transplantationMartin Korbling
Department of Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 117:6411-6. 2011b>Peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT) is the most common transplantation procedure performed in medicine...
- Pegfilgrastim reduces the length of hospitalization and the time to engraftment in multiple myeloma patients treated with melphalan 200 and auto-SCT compared with filgrastimPanagiotis Samaras
Department of Oncology, University Hospital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091, Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Hematol 90:89-94. 2011To reduce the duration of neutropenia after conditioning chemotherapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (APBSCT), granulocyte-colony stimulating factors (G-CSF) are commonly administered...
- Pegfilgrastim versus filgrastim after high-dose chemotherapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell supportL Castagna
Department of Oncology and Hematology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 21:1482-5. 2010..This randomized trial aims to demonstrate the noninferiority of pegfilgrastim (PEG) compared with filgrastim (FIL) after HDC...
- Pegfilgrastim after high-dose chemotherapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplant: phase II studyM H Jagasia
Division of Hematology Oncology, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Nashville, TN 37232 5505, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:1165-9. 2005..It accelerates neutrophil engraftment comparable to daily filgrastim after ASCT. Pegfilgrastim may be convenient to use in outpatient transplant units...
- Fixed-dose single administration of Pegfilgrastim vs daily Filgrastim in patients with haematological malignancies undergoing autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationP B Staber
Division of Hematology, Medical University Graz, Graz, Austria
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:889-93. 2005..events in patients undergoing high-dose cytotoxic chemotherapy with subsequent autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT)...
- Immune reconstitution after double umbilical cord blood stem cell transplantation: comparison with unrelated peripheral blood stem cell transplantationCaron A Jacobson
Division of Hematologic Malignancies, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 18:565-74. 2012..There is no increased risk of relapse, suggesting that graft-versus-leukemia activity is maintained. Early reconstitution of B cells and NK cells may, in part, account for these findings...
- Pegfilgrastim compared with filgrastim after high-dose melphalan and autologous hematopoietic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in multiple myeloma patientsMassimo Martino
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Bianchi Melacrino Morelli, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Eur J Haematol 77:410-5. 2006..Filgrastim after high-dose melphalan and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (APBSCT) in multiple myeloma (MM) patients...
- Serum cytokine concentrations and acute graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation: concurrent measurement of ten cytokines and their respective ratios using cytometric bead arrayNobuharu Fujii
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Respiratory Medicine, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama, Japan
Int J Mol Med 17:881-5. 2006..Eight patients with aGVHD and eight without who had undergone allogeneic HLA-identical peripheral blood stem cell transplantation were studied...
- Myelodysplastic syndrome after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for multiple myelomaD Przepiorka
University of Tennessee Blood and Marrow Transplant Center, Memphis, TN 38104, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:759-64. 2007Long-term survivors after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (APBSCT) for lymphoma or Hodgkin's disease are known to have a high risk of developing myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), but the risk of MDS is not clear for ..
- A novel conditioning regimen improves outcomes in β-thalassemia major patients using unrelated donor peripheral blood stem cell transplantationChunfu Li
Departments of Pediatrics, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Blood 120:3875-81. 2012..thiotepa in 82 consecutive patients with β-thalassemia major (TM), including 52 with allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT) from unrelated donors (UDs) with well-matched human leukocyte antigens and 30 with ..
- CD3+/CD19+-depleted grafts in HLA-matched allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation lead to early NK cell cytolytic responses and reduced inhibitory activity of NKG2AD N Eissens
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Leukemia 24:583-91. 2010..These results show that the use of CD3(+)/CD19(+)-depleted grafts facilitates strong NK cell cytolytic responses directly after SCT, and the rapid emergence of an NK cell receptor phenotype that is more prone to activation...
- High-dose melphalan and peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for light-chain amyloidosis with cardiac involvementSumit Madan
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 119:1117-22. 2012..01). In multivariate analysis of baseline factors, only reduced-dose melphalan predicted shorter OS. HDM is feasible in patients with cardiac amyloidosis, and achievement of HR and organ response is associated with improved survival...
- Correlation between the numbers of naive T cells infused with blood stem cell allografts and the counts of naive T cells after transplantationJan Storek
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:781-4. 2003..63; P <.001), and day 180 (R = 0.66; P <.001) after transplantation. These results suggest that in the first 6 months after transplantation, most naive CD4 T cells are derived from the naive T cells infused with the graft...
- Recovery of CMV-specific CD8+ T cells and Tregs after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantationDomenico Pastore
Hematology Section, Department of Pathology and Hematology, University of Bari, Piazza Giulio Cesare 11, Bari, Italy
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:550-7. 2011....
- Clinical outcome of autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in opticospinal and conventional forms of secondary progressive multiple sclerosis in a Chinese populationJuan Xu
Department of Hematology, Xuan Wu Hospital, Capital Medical University, No 45 Changchun Street, Xuan Wu District, Beijing, China
Ann Hematol 90:343-8. 2011To evaluate clinical outcomes of autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (APBCST) between opticospinal multiple sclerosis (OSMS) and conventional multiple sclerosis (CMS) during disease progressive stage in a Chinese ..
- Mobilization effects of G-CSF, GM-CSF, and darbepoetin-alpha for allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantationShi Nae Kim
Department of Hematology Oncology, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Daegu, Republic of Korea
J Clin Apher 24:173-9. 2009..However, the CD8+ cell count was significantly lower in the triple regimen group. The role of a lower CD8+ cell count in the graft may need to be elucidated in the future...
- HIV-associated lymphoma successfully treated with peripheral blood stem cell transplantationDavid Serrano
Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit and Haematology Department, Hospital G U Gregorio Marañón, Madrid, Spain
Exp Hematol 33:487-94. 2005....
- Autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for severe multiple sclerosisLi Su
Department of Hematology, Xuanwu Hospital, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing, P R China
Int J Hematol 84:276-81. 2006..8% at 49 months. The results of lymphocyte purging were no better than for no purging. Auto-HSCT proved to be safe and beneficial for some MS patients. Further studies are needed to establish the merit of this procedure for MS patients...
- Immunotherapy using autologous monocyte-derived dendritic cells pulsed with leukemic cell lysates for acute myeloid leukemia relapse after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationJe Jung Lee
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, Korea
J Clin Apher 19:66-70. 2004..The results suggest that DCs are a feasible cellular therapy for relapsing AML after autologous SCT...
- Effect of CD34 cell dose on hematopoietic reconstitution and outcome in 508 patients with multiple myeloma undergoing autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationJens Klaus
Department of Internal Medicine V, University Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Haematol 78:21-8. 2007..We analyzed the hematopoietic reconstitution and outcome of 508 patients with multiple myeloma (MM) with respect to the number of CD34+ cells reinfused at our center...
- Catheter-related bacteremia due to Kocuria rosea in a patient undergoing peripheral blood stem cell transplantationFevzi Altuntas
Department of Hematology Oncology and BMT Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey
BMC Infect Dis 4:62. 2004..In addition, strains identified as Micrococcus spp. have been reported recently in infections associated with indwelling intravenous lines, continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis fluids, ventricular shunts and prosthetic valves...
- Poor nutritional status prior to peripheral blood stem cell transplantation is associated with increased length of hospital stayP Horsley
The Wesley Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:1113-6. 2005The nutritional status of patients prior to peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT) and its impact on length of hospital stay is not well described in the literature...
- CD34+ selected autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for multiple sclerosis: report of toxicity and treatment results at one year of follow-up in 15 patientsEnric Carreras
BMT Unit, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Haematologica 88:306-14. 2003..We report the results of a phase II trial to evaluate feasibility and toxicity of CD34+ selected ASCT (CD34+/ASCT) and treatment results at one year of follow-up...
- Compromised stem cell mobilization following induction therapy with lenalidomide in myelomaH Paripati
Leukemia 22:1282-4. 2008
- Remission of IgA nephropathy after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation followed by immunosuppression for acute lymphocytic leukemiaYasunori Iwata
Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Prefectural Central Hospital, Toyama, Japan
Intern Med 45:1291-5. 2006..a case with immunoglobulin A (IgA) nephropathy, showing IgA deposition which disappeared after peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT) for acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL)...
- Long-term outcome of therapeutic neovascularization using peripheral blood mononuclear cells for limb ischemiaJunji Moriya
Department of Cardiovascular Science and Medicine, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chuo Ku, Chiba, Japan
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 2:245-54. 2009..However, the long-term outcome of such therapy has not been investigated...
- Short communication: Immune reconstitution after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in HIV-infected patients: might be better than expected?Salvador Resino
Laboratorio de Inmuno Biología Molecular, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, C Doctor Esquerdo 46, 28007 Madrid, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:543-8. 2007..highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) and high-dose chemotherapy followed by autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (ASCT)...
- The graft content of donor T cells expressing gamma delta TCR+ and CD4+foxp3+ predicts the risk of acute graft versus host disease after transplantation of allogeneic peripheral blood stem cells from unrelated donorsCaroline Pabst
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 13:2916-22. 2007..graft were described to be associated with less graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) after related peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT)...
- Use of totally implantable central venous access ports for high-dose chemotherapy and peripheral blood stem cell transplantation: results of a monocentre series of 376 patientsR Biffi
Division of General Surgery, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 15:296-300. 2004....
- Long-term outcomes of autologous PBSCT for peripheral T-cell lymphoma: retrospective analysis of the experience of the Fukuoka BMT groupA Numata
Department of Hematology, Hamanomachi Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 45:311-6. 2010..4% vs 27.3%, P=0.046). HDCT supported by auto-SCT may therefore be effective as consolidation in CR for PTCL treatment...
- Transplantation with higher dose of natural killer cells associated with better outcomes in terms of non-relapse mortality and infectious events after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation from HLA-matched sibling donorsDong Hwan Kim
Department of Hematology Oncology, Kyungpook National University Hospital, 50 Samduk 2 Ga, Jung Gu, Daegu 700 721, Korea
Eur J Haematol 75:299-308. 2005..is known about the role of the CD56+ natural killer (NK) cell dose on the outcome of allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT)...
- Successful engraftment in crossmatch-positive HLA-mismatched peripheral blood stem cell transplantation after depletion of antidonor cytotoxic HLA antibodies with rituximab and donor platelet infusionH Narimatsu
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:555-6. 2005
- Cost analysis of autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for multiple myelomaV Mishra
Health Professional Support Department, The Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Clin Lab Haematol 25:179-84. 2003..In the HDC + PBSC phase, the most important part of the cost was paying nursing care personnel...
- Relationship between beta-herpesviruses reactivation and development of complications after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationSvetlana Chapenko
August Kirchenstein Institute of Microbiology and Virology, Riga Stradins University, Riga, Latvia
J Med Virol 84:1953-60. 2012..between beta-herpesviruses reactivation and the development of complications after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation was investigated...
- Randomized study of 2 reduced-intensity conditioning strategies for human leukocyte antigen-matched, related allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation: prospective clinical and socioeconomic evaluationDidier Blaise
Transplant Program, Hematology Department, Paoli Calmettes Institute, Marseille, France
Cancer 119:602-11. 2013..The optimal intensity of reduced-intensity conditioning (RIC) before allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (allo-HSCT) remains uncertain...
- Disturbance of pro-oxidative/antioxidative balance in allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantationIsmail Sari
Department of Hematology, Pamukkale University Faculty of Medicine, TR 20070, Denizli, Turkey
Ann Clin Lab Sci 38:120-5. 2008..This study documents a significant disturbance of pro-oxidative/antioxidative balance in the plasma of patients undergoing allogeneic HSCT regardless of the intensity of the conditioning regimen...
- Cyclosporine is required to prevent severe acute GVHD following T-cell-depleted peripheral blood stem cell transplantationS R Solomon
Stem Cell Allotransplantation Section, Hematology Branch, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bathesda, MD 20892, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:783-8. 2003..Similarly, no significant differences were found in chronic GVHD, transplant-related mortality, or survival. These results define a role for CSA in preventing GVHD at low T-cell doses following PBSCT...
- Carcinoma of donor origin after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantationWataru Munakata
Departments of Hematology and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, Division of Thoracic Surgery, National Cancer Center Hospital, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 36:1376-84. 2012..squamous cell carcinoma, and thyroid papillary carcinoma) that developed after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation using anti-AE1/3 immunofluorescence with fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis for sex ..
- Incidence of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea before and after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for lymphoma and multiple myelomaJ I Arango
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:517-21. 2006..cause of morbidity and discomfort for patients undergoing high-dose chemotherapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (APBSCT)...
- Comparative analysis of clinical outcomes after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation versus peripheral blood stem cell transplantation from a related donor in Japanese patientsTetsuya E Tanimoto
First Department of Internal Medicine Medicine and Biosystemic Science, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Br J Haematol 125:480-93. 2004..To clarify whether this ethnic difference affects the results of allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT), we conducted a nationwide survey to compare clinical outcomes of allogeneic PBSCT (n = ..
- Unmanipulated HLA-mismatched/haploidentical peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for high-risk hematologic malignanciesWenrong Huang
Department of Hematology and BMT, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Transfusion 52:1354-62. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the efficacy and safety of unmanipulated haploidentical allogeneic peripheral blood stem cells transplantation (PBSCT) for hematologic malignancies...
- Combined standard graft-versus-host disease (GvHD) prophylaxis with mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) in allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation from unrelated donorsC Kasper
Department of Internal Medicine II Oncology Hematology, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:65-9. 2004..In conclusion, this MMF schedule seems to be safe and feasible in the prophylaxis of severe acute GvHD for high-risk patients, restricted by an increased risk for reactivating CMV in seropositive patients...
- Surveillance of nosocomial infections in paediatric recipients of bone marrow or peripheral blood stem cell transplantation during neutropenia, compared with adult recipientsH J Laws
Department of Paediatric Oncology, Haematology and Immunology, University Hospital of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Hosp Infect 62:80-8. 2006..Surveillance of NI is an effective instrument to control the quality of health care. It should focus on device-associated infections or specific high-risk targets such as nosocomial pneumonia...
- The costs and cost-effectiveness of allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation versus bone marrow transplantation in pediatric patients with acute leukemiaYu Feng Lin
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:1272-81. 2010In a retrospective study, we evaluated the cost and cost-effectiveness of allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT) (n = 30) compared with bone marrow transplantation (BMT) (n = 110) in children with acute leukemia ..
- HLA-C antigen mismatch is associated with worse outcome in unrelated donor peripheral blood stem cell transplantationAnn Woolfrey
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:885-92. 2011..HLA-C antigen-mismatched unrelated PBSC donors were associated with worse outcomes compared with 8/8 HLA-matched donors. The study's limited power due to small sample size precludesÂ conclusions about other mismatches...
- Long-term survival of a patient with splenic angiosarcoma after resection, high-dose chemotherapy, and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationTakeshi Hara
The First Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine
Intern Med 49:2253-7. 2010..Adjuvant chemotherapy was given, and high-dose chemotherapy with autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation was performed. Thrombocytopenia developed again in 2008. CT scan showed a hepatic tumor...
- Hepatitis B virus vaccination of recipients and donors of allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantationRamazan Idilman
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University Medical School, Ibn i Sina Hospital, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Transplant 17:438-43. 2003..The aim of this study was to determine the role of hepatitis B virus (HBV) vaccination as defined by the seroconversion to hepatitis B surface antibody (anti-HBs) positivity in peripheral blood stem cell transplants...
- Reduced-intensity conditioning followed by peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for adult patients with high-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemiaAnthony S Stein
Department of Hematology Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California 91010 3000, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:1407-14. 2009..patients who received an RIC regimen of fludarabine (Flu)/melphalan (Mel) prior to allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT) between 6/14/02 and 6/15/07 at the City of Hope...
- Equivalence of pegfilgrastim and filgrastim in lymphoma patients treated with BEAM followed by autologous stem cell transplantationPanagiotis Samaras
Department of Oncology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Oncology 79:93-7. 2010..on engraftment, hospital stay and resources in patients with Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma after conditioning with high-dose BEAM followed by autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (APBSCT) compared with filgrastim.
- Bone marrow failure associated with herpesvirus 8 infection in a patient undergoing autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationMaria Cuzzola
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Bianchi Melacrino Morelli, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 37:e102-6. 2003..Bone marrow failure was resistant to antiviral treatment and a second infusion of autologous stem cells. Human herpesvirus 8 infection continues to be a major concern in transplant recipients in critical condition...
- Assessing the charges associated with hematopoietic stem cell mobilization and remobilization in patients with lymphoma and multiple myeloma undergoing autologous hematopoietic peripheral blood stem cell transplantationChitra Hosing
Department of Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Transfusion 51:1300-13. 2011....
- Randomized phase III trial of pegfilgrastim versus filgrastim after autologus peripheral blood stem cell transplantationAaron Gerds
Department of Medicine, Loyola University, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:678-85. 2010..granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, could be used in lieu of filgrastim after autologus peripheral blood stem cell transplantation. This phase III, randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial compared the efficacy, ..
- Development of immunity against hepatitis B virus after donor lymphocyte infusion in a peripheral blood stem cell transplantation recipient with chronic hepatitis BL T Chiang
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, 7, Chung Shan South Road, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Infection 39:363-5. 2011..She received allogeneic matched unrelated donor peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (allo-MUD-PBSCT) for her refractory acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Cost of autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation: the Norwegian experience from a multicenter cost studyV Mishra
Health Professional Support Department, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:1149-53. 2005..Average total costs were considerably higher than actual DRG-based reimbursement from the government, indicating that the treatment of these patients was heavily subsidized by the basic hospital grants...
- Long-term hematological reconstitution and clinical evaluation of autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation after cryopreservation of cells with 5% and 10% dimethylsulfoxide at -80 degrees C in a mechanical freezerAntonio Galmes
Hematology Service and Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Immunology Service, University Hospital Son Dureta, Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain
Haematologica 92:986-9. 2007..Differences in hematological reconstitution were not clinically significant if a minimum of 1.5x10(6)/Kg CD34+-cells were infused...
- Donor-type myelodysplastic syndrome with t(2;3) and monosomy 7 after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation and liver transplantation in a patient with severe-type aplastic anemiaSatoshi Hashino
Department of Gastroenterology and Hematology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Int J Hematol 84:363-6. 2006..that showed cytogenetic abnormalities of t(2;3) and monosomy 7, which developed 2 years after peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for aplastic anemia and 1 year after liver transplantation for drug-induced hepatic failure...
- Ex vivo B cell depletion using the Eligix B Cell SC system and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in patients with follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphomaJ W Friedberg
Lymphoma Program, James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:681-6. 2003..The paucity of PCR-informative patients, possibly related to in vivo rituximab therapy, limited the utility of minimal residual disease as a surrogate marker of clinical outcome...
- Double high-dose chemotherapy followed by autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for primary disseminated medulloblastoma: a report of 3 casesYasuo Aihara
Departments of Neurosurgery, Tokyo Women s Medical University Medical Center East, Tokyo, Japan
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 32:e70-4. 2010We performed double high-dose chemotherapy followed by peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT) in 3 children with medulloblastoma and primary leptomeningial dissemination, including spinal metastasis...
- Rituximab does not compromise the mobilization and engraftment of autologous peripheral blood stem cells in diffuse-large B-cell lymphomaK Kamezaki
Medicine and Biosystemic Science, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 39:523-7. 2007..Larger studies are required to determine the impact of rituximab on the mobilization and function of PBSC as well as whether a survival advantage exists in patients who undergo auto-PBSCT with rituximab...
- Comparison of lenograstim and filgrastim on haematological effects after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation with high-dose chemotherapyIn Hyang Kim
College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Curr Med Res Opin 19:753-9. 2003To compare the efficacy of lenograstim and filgrastim on haematological recovery following an autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT) with high-dose chemotherapy.
- Total energy expenditure and body composition changes following peripheral blood stem cell transplantation and participation in an exercise programmeS Hayes
School of Human Movements Studies, Faculty of Health, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:331-8. 2003..01) in association with a reduction in %BF (P<0.05). Exercise has a functionally important role in preserving and increasing skeletal mass in the rehabilitation phase of cancer patients...
- Peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for ischemic femoral head necrosisH J Song
Third Department of Orthopaedics, Second Affiliated Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, Xi an 710004, Shaannxi Province, China PR corrected
Transplant Proc 42:1862-4. 2010..This study was designed to show the curative effects of peripheral blood stem cell transplantation to induce vascular regeneration and improve ischemic femoral head necrosis in rabbits.
- Clinical benefits of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor therapy after hematopoietic stem cell transplant in children: results of a prospective randomized trialSandro Dallorso
U O Ematologia ed Oncologia Pediatrica, Istituto G Gaslini, Genoa, Italy
Haematologica 87:1274-80. 2002....
- Infectious complications after autologous CD34-selected peripheral blood stem cell transplantationFulvio Crippa
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle Washington 98109 1024, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 8:281-9. 2002..Because the risk for infections approaches that seen in allogeneic transplant recipients, infection surveillance, diagnostic work-up, and prevention strategies similar to those used in allogeneic recipients are warranted...
- Peripheral blood grafts from unrelated donors are associated with increased acute and chronic graft-versus-host disease without improved survivalMary Eapen
Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:1461-8. 2007..The higher rate of cGVHD after PBSC transplants and, consequently, more frequent late adverse events warrant extended follow up of PBSC recipients...
- Autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for chronic acquired demyelinating neuropathyMohamed Mahdi-Rogers
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, King s College London, London, UK
J Peripher Nerv Syst 14:118-24. 2009Six patients with chronic acquired demyelinating neuropathy (CADP) were treated with autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT)...
- CD56 positive intestinal T-cell lymphoma: treatment with high dose chemotherapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationMitsutaka Okuda
Department of Internal Medicine, Miyagi Cancer Center, Natori
Intern Med 41:734-7. 2002..complete remission was achieved in this case by high dose chemotherapy followed by autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (auto-PBSCT) even after relapse...
- Low incidence of CMV viremia and disease after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation. Role of pretransplant ganciclovir and post-transplant acyclovirA Verma
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60637, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:813-6. 2003....
- Kinetics of peg-filgrastim after high-dose chemotherapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationN Piccirillo
1Haematology Institute, A Gemelli Hospital, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:579-83. 2007..Duration of antibiotic therapy was significantly shortened, but we did not observe significant differences in other end points. In conclusion, peg-filgrastim was well tolerated and efficacious, and hastened myeloid recovery...
- T-cell large granular lymphocytic leukemia occurring after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationH Narumi
The First Department of Internal Medicine, Ehime University School of Medicine, Ehime, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:99-101. 2004..man with angioimmunoblastic lymphoma in first complete remission underwent autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation. At 1 month post transplant, asymptomatic large granular lymphocytosis developed...
- CD34+ cell responsiveness to stromal cell-derived factor-1alpha underlies rate of engraftment after peripheral blood stem cell transplantationLeah A Marquez-Curtis
Canadian Blood Services, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Transfusion 49:161-9. 2009..This study examines whether there is a correlation between the in vitro chemotaxis of CD34+ HSPC toward an SDF-1 gradient and in vivo hematopoietic engraftment...
- Peripheral blood stem cell mobilization with pegfilgrastim compared to filgrastim in children and young adults with malignanciesPeter Fritsch
Division of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Pediatr Blood Cancer 54:134-7. 2010..The aim of the study was to compare the efficacy of Pegfilgrastim with Filgrastim for CD34+ stem cell mobilization in children...
- HLA-identical sibling allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation with reduced intensity conditioning compared to autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for elderly patients with de novo acute myeloid leukemiaA L Herr
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Leukemia 21:129-35. 2007..Therefore, there was no survival advantage in this subgroup. In patients in 2nd or subsequent CR, LFS and OS were superior in the RIC group. RIC transplants show encouraging results in this older patient population with de novo AML...
- A randomised phase II study of the efficacy, safety and cost-effectiveness of pegfilgrastim and filgrastim after autologous stem cell transplant for lymphoma and myeloma (PALM study)C Sebban
Hematology Department, Cancer Centre Léon Bérard, Lyon, France
Eur J Cancer 48:713-20. 2012..and cost-effectiveness of a single subcutaneous pegfilgrastim injection compared with daily injections of filgrastim after peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in patients receiving high dose chemotherapy for myeloma and lymphoma.
- Fulminant Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-associated T-cell lymphoproliferative disorder with hemophagocytosis following autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for relapsed angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphomaNorihiro Awaya
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Keio University School of Medicine, Japan
Leuk Res 30:1059-62. 2006..Here we report a case of T-cell PTLD which occurred after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT) for relapsed angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma (AILT)...
- A phase I-II trial of autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in the treatment of refractory autoimmune diseaseH Tsukamoto
Medicine and Biosystemic Science, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Ann Rheum Dis 65:508-14. 2006..a phase I-II trial to elucidate the feasibility and efficacy of high dose cyclophosphamide (CY) supported by autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT) in the treatment of severe and refractory autoimmune disease (AD).
- Successful treatment with splenectomy and interferon alpha against recurred hemophagocytic syndrome in remission state of anaplastic large cell lymphoma following high-dose therapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationSeok Goo Cho
Department of Hematology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Eur J Haematol 74:259-62. 2005..He received aggressive frontline chemotherapies and consolidation with autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT) following high-dose chemotherapy combined with splenic irradiation (720 cGy in fraction ..
- Glutamine-enriched parenteral nutrition after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation: effects on immune reconstitution and mucositisNicola Piccirillo
Hematology Institute, Università Cattolica del Sarco Cuore, Rome, Italy
Haematologica 88:192-200. 2003..the role of glutamine-enriched parenteral nutrition (GEPN) in patients with hematologic malignancies submitted to high dose chemotherapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (aPBSCT) or immunoselected CD34+ aPBSCT.
- A Phase II study on the safety and efficacy of a single dose of pegfilgrastim for mobilization and transplantation of autologous hematopoietic stem cells in pediatric oncohematology patientsSimone Cesaro
Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Transfusion 51:2480-7. 2011..Limited data are available on the use of pegfilgrastim in pediatric patients as a mobilizing agent in association with chemotherapy...
- Pegfilgrastim compared with filgrastim after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in patients with solid tumours and lymphomasAlberto Ballestrero
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Universita di Genova, Viale Benedetto XV 6, 16132, Genova, Italy
Ann Hematol 87:49-55. 2008..the safety and efficacy of pegfilgrastim administered as haematological support after autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation, we compared 44 patients with solid tumours and lymphomas receiving a 6-mg single dose of ..
- The feasibility of neoadjuvant high-dose chemotherapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in patients with nonmetastatic high grade localized osteosarcoma: results of a phase II studyFikret Arpaci
Department of Medical Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, GATA Gulhane Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Cancer 104:1058-65. 2005..The primary and secondary objectives of the current study were to improve the > or = 90% tumor necrosis rate and assess the toxicity profile of the neoadjuvant high-dose chemotherapy (HDC) regimen, respectively...
- Strongyloidiasis pre and post autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationH Orlent
Department of Haematology, Academisch Ziekenhuis Rotterdam, Dijkzigt, The Netherlands
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:115-7. 2003..Fatal hyperinfection subsequently developed after corticosteroid therapy was started for a disease progression in the CNS...
- Autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation with in vivo T-cell depletion for life threatening refractory systemic lupus erythematosusD Talaulikar
Department of Haematology, The Canberra Hospital, Australia
Lupus 14:159-63. 2005..We conclude that HSCT with unmanipulated peripheral stem cell graft and in vivo lymphocyte depletion with ATG is safe and effective therapy for cyclophosphamide refractory SLE...
- Comparison of lenograstim and filgrastim: effects on blood cell recovery after high-dose chemotherapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationA Huttmann
Department of Hematology, Center for Internal Medicine, West German Cancer Center, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 131:152-6. 2005..factor (G-CSF) (lenograstim) offers a benefit over non-glycosylated G-CSF (filgrastim) in clinically relevant end points after high-dose chemotherapy (HDC) and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT).
- Effect of acupuncture compared with placebo-acupuncture at P6 as additional antiemetic prophylaxis in high-dose chemotherapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation: a randomized controlled single-blind trialKonrad Streitberger
Departments of Anaesthesiology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 9:2538-44. 2003..an additional antiemetic effect to ondansetron with needle acupuncture at P6 compared with nonskin-penetrating placebo acupuncture in patients undergoing high-dose chemotherapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation.
- Allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in patients with haematological malignanciesT S Shamsi
Department of Haematology, Bismillah Taqee Institute of Health Sciences and Blood Diseases Centre, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 14:522-6. 2004To report the initial data on allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for haematological malignancies in Pakistan.
- High-dose chemotherapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in adult patients with high-risk or advanced Ewing and soft tissue sarcomaM Engelhardt
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Freiburg University Medical Center, Hugstetterstrasse 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 133:1-11. 2007..The benefit of high-dose chemotherapy (HDCT) with autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (ASCT) as compared to standard treatment is not defined.
- High-dose chemotherapy with autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for bone and soft-tissue sarcomasB Kasper
Department of Internal Medicine V, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 34:37-41. 2004..8 months (range: 3-58). Although the role of HDCT in the treatment of sarcomas is not defined, a subgroup of patients who achieved CR before HDCT could benefit from this therapy...
- Reduced-intensity conditioning containing low-dose alemtuzumab before allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation: graft-versus-host disease is decreased but T-cell reconstitution is delayedAnna Dodero
Division of Hematology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori and University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Exp Hematol 33:920-7. 2005..However, posttransplant immune reconstitution is impaired, increasing the infection risk. We investigated the effect of in vivo administration of a low-dose alemtuzumab on GVHD prevention and kinetics of immune reconstitution...
- Autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in children with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: A report from the Korean society of pediatric hematology-oncologySung Chul Won
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Yonsei University, 134 Sinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, 120 752, South Korea
Ann Hematol 85:787-94. 2006..We explored the use of high-dose chemotherapy followed by autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (HDC/PBSCT) for children with either refractory or recurrent NHL, and we evaluated various ..
- Feasibility and usefulness of high-dose chemotherapy (high-dose ifosfamide, carboplatin and etoposide) combined with peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for male germ cell tumor: a single-institute experienceIsao Hara
Division of Urology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Anticancer Drugs 17:1057-66. 2006Although the usefulness of high-dose chemotherapy with peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for advanced germ cell tumor is still under evaluation in phase III randomized controlled studies, this approach is currently used as one ..
- Poor mobilization is an independent prognostic factor in patients with malignant lymphomas treated by peripheral blood stem cell transplantationV Pavone
Hematology Department, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:719-24. 2006..002). The event-free survival at 3 years was 23% in poor mobilizers and 58% in good mobilizers (P=0.04). We conclude that in NHL patients, poor mobilization status is predictive of survival...
- Acute graft-versus-host disease and steroid treatment impair CD11c+ and CD123+ dendritic cell reconstitution after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantationMario Arpinati
Research Center for Transplant Immunology, Institute of Hematology and Medical Oncology Seragnoli, University of Bologna, Italy
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 10:106-15. 2004..These results will prompt new studies addressing whether DC reconstitution correlates with immunity against infectious agents or with graft-versus-tumor reactions after PB stem cell allotransplantation...
- Randomized trial of allogeneic related bone marrow transplantation versus peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for chronic myeloid leukemiaVivian G Oehler
Division of Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:85-92. 2005..10) and a higher cumulative incidence of chronic GVHD in PBSC recipients (59% versus 40%; P = .11). The trend toward a higher relapse incidence in BM recipients persisted with a longer follow-up...
- SPORE in LymphomaRichard Ambinder; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Mixed Chimerism in Haploidentical Non-human PrimatesBernhard Hering; Fiscal Year: 2006..To test these hypotheses in the established relevant preclinical model of peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in haploidentical, related nonhuman primates, the following Specific Aims are proposed: SPECIFIC ..
- CLONOTYPIC PCR FOR MINIMAL RESIDUAL DISEASE IN LYMPHOMAAriela Noy; Fiscal Year: 2002..incidence and significance of tumor contamination in the leukapheresis products collected for peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT) in the setting of relapsed and refractory low and intermediate grade lymphoma...
- PROGENITOR COLONY RT-PCR ANALYSIS IN CML TREATMENTMelanie Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2000..in vivo purging, stem cell mobilization into the peripheral blood, leukapheresis, autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation and post-transplant treatment with alpha-interferon...
- Renal Injury After Hematopoietic Stem Cell TransplantSangeeta Hingorani; Fiscal Year: 2007..Over, 10,000 patients have undergone marrow or peripheral blood stem cell transplantation at this institution. Each year approximately 400 new HSCTs are performed...
- IN UTERO TRANSPLANTATION FOR LYSOSOMAL STORAGE DISEASEJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2002Post-natal marrow or peripheral blood stem cell transplantation can effectively treat many genetic disorders which involve blood cells, but is not universally available because of its high cost, moderate risk, and the lack of suitable ..
- POSTTRANSPLANT IMMUNOTHERAPY OF LYMPHOMA WITH IL2Daniel Weisdorf; Fiscal Year: 1999..In Specific Aim 3 the investigators will initiate a randomized clinical trial of autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for lymphoma and formally test the clinical value of post-transplant IL-2 along with activated ..
- Clonotypic B-cell & MM: Surface Marker/Prognostic ImpactChung Che Chang; Fiscal Year: 2004..Despite intensive chemotherapy supported by autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT), virtually all MM patients relapse with expression of the original clonal light chain...
- Phase II Trial of Thalidomide in Primary AmyloidosisAngela Dispenzieri; Fiscal Year: 2002..The ultimate goal of the proposed studies is to improve the prognosis of patient with this fatal disease. ..
- Role of Survivin in Blood Stem Cell Cycle and ApoptosisLOUIS PELUS; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Chemokine induced hematopoietic stem cell mobilizationLOUIS PELUS; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Predicting Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis with Genetic and Clinical FactorsELIZABETH ANN contact COLEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, this study will accelerate nursing advancements to the "Science of Health". ..
- Phase 3 stem cell transplant for light chain amyloidosisMorie A Gertz; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, the analysis of clonal precursor B cells in the periphery and kinetics of amyloid formation of the monoclonal light chain will allow us to define and determine the mechanisms of disease progression and response to therapy. ..
- Exercise to Relieve Cancer-Related Insomnia and FatigueElizabeth Coleman; Fiscal Year: 2007..As their physical activity and functional status improve, patients can continue to manage their activities of daily living and may be more likely to continue cancer treatment, thus increasing their survival chances. ..
- Protection from GVHD with Gene-Modified Donor T CellsRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- POST TRANSPLANT T CELL RECONSTITUTION IN NEUROBLASTOMAStephan Grupp; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- USE OF mTOR INHIBITORS IN B CELL LEUKEMIAStephan Grupp; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will immediately translate to the designs of follow-up studies of these agents. ..
- Nonmyeloablative Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Severe Systemic SclerosisRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2006..The unique observations in this study regarding responses and recovery of organs after inducing a sustained remission of SSc will serve to focus and direct other non-transplant research activities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Preclinical Testing of Interleukin-7 in PrimatesJan Storek; Fiscal Year: 2003..These results will be used for the design of clinical studies. ..
- Lung Transplantation and Immune Tolerance in Young RecipientsRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- T CELL RECONSTITUTION AFTER STEM CELL AUTOGRAFTINGJan Storek; Fiscal Year: 2003..This will give impetus for developing strategies to enable older patients to generate T cells from hemopoietic progenitors, e.g., using thymopoietic cytokines or thymus grafting. ..
- CARDINAL BERNARDIN CANCER CENTER, LOYOLA UNIVERSITYPatrick Stiff; Fiscal Year: 2002..At the completion of this grant, the Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center plans to be positioned to successfully apply for a P-30 Cancer Center Support Grant. ..
- ENGRAFTING SENSITIZED HOSTS WITH NONABLATIVE REGIMENSRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2002..By lessening the morbidity and mortality associated with conventional conditioning, these studies could significantly change the management of selected inherited red blood cell diseases. ..
- EVOLUTION OF B PRECURSOR LEUKEMIA IN THE EU-RET MOUSEStephan Grupp; Fiscal Year: 2003..He will immunoprecipitate Rfp-Ret from the pro B cell populations of fetal and healthy adult E(-ret mice as well as from leukemias and compare the levels of tyrosine phophorylation of Rfp-Ret and Rfp-Ret-bound proteins. ..
- Iron as a Nutritional Modifier of Toxic Neuropathy in HIV/AIDSAsha Kallianpur; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NATIONAL GENE VECTOR LABORATORY AT INDIANA UNIVERSITYKenneth Cornetta; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Northern California Consortium for Sickle Cell DiseaseMark Walters; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Zebrafish Peripheral Sympathetic Nervous System Development and NeuroblastomaRANI GEORGE; Fiscal Year: 2008..Insight into the proteins encoded by such modifier genes may lead to the discovery of genes that could serve as novel drug targets for the treatment of older children with advanced disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Proapoptotic Therapy for B-cell Non Hodgkin's LymphomaAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Progenitor Cells in Vascular BiologyDouglas Losordo; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ultimate goal of these studies is to identify future clinical strategies for tissue repair. ..
- Human Hematopoietic Cell Transformation by BCR/ABLRavi Bhatia; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies are expected to result in improved understanding of mechanisms critical for human progenitor transformation in CML and guide rational development of additional mechanism-based therapies. ..
- Multistep Lymphomagenesis/Tumorigenesis in Transgenic Mice: Protein Kinase Ck2David C Seldin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since CK2 is upregulated in all human tumors that have been studied, CK2 may be a suitable target for cancer treatment. Understanding basic CK2 biology and signaling is a necessary prelude to developing novel therapeutics against it. ..
- Ethnicity and Culture in Unrelated Stem Cell DonationGalen E Switzer; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- CONTROL SELECTION METHODS FOR CHILDHOOD CANCER STUDIESGreta Bunin; Fiscal Year: 2009..A feasible and valid control group is needed to ensure that studies of childhood cancer are scientifically valid and therefore, will provide results that can eventually lead to prevention of these cancers. ..
- Cord Blood Expansion and Transplantation in a Nonhuman Primate ModelHans Peter Kiem; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Improving Platelet Recovery After RadiationGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Occupational Pesticide Exposure of Parents and Brain Tumor Risk in ChildrenGreta Bunin; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed study will provide information on the usefulness of these approaches. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cell Death and Clonal Survival in Myelodysplastic Syndr*H Deeg; Fiscal Year: 2008..To achieve these objectives, we must better understand the underlying mechanisms of MDS and thereby identify ways by which the disease process can be arrested, progression prevented, and the disease hopefully be cured. ..
- Improving Gastrointestinal Recovery after RadiationGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Monoclonal Antibody Therapy for Follicular LymphomaJonathan Friedberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Leukocyte Recruitment During IPS After BMTKenneth Cooke; Fiscal Year: 2007..lymphocytes --> days 7-21 SA2: CXCR3 / IP-10 (CXCL10) and Mig (CXCL9) SA3: CCR2: / MCP-1 (CCL2) --> monocytes/macrophages --> days 14-28 SA4:CXCR2 / KC and MIP-2 (CXCL1) --> neutrophils --> days 21 to 42 ..
- Induction of Stable Chimerism for Sickle Cell AnemiaMark Walters; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this novel approach will expand the availability of HCT for patients with clinically significant hemoglobinopathies. ..
- NOVEL SEROTHERAPY STRATEGIES--PLASMA CELL MALIGNANCIESSTEVEN TREON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Analogous to our work with Muc-1, we will also attempt to identify other PCD selective targets by generating and examining mAbs specific to the plasma cell glycoform of CD138. ..
- 131 I-MIBG Escalating Dose Rapid Sequence Double Infusi*Katherine Matthay; Fiscal Year: 2004..Significance: The higher tumor-specific radiation doses possible with this protocol may provide a treatment to improve response and survival in children with resistant neuroblastoma. ..
- Psychosocial Issues in Umbilical Cord Blood DonationGalen Switzer; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Hematopoietic Potential of Muscle-Derived CellsHans Peter Kiem; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Allospecific Immunoregulatory T Cells in BMT RecipientsROBERT TRUITT; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- GENE MODIFIED T-CELLS FOR ENGRAFTMENT AND GVHD CONTROLGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will test if donor CTL specific for host minor histocompatibility antigens can convert mixed to complete donor chimerism. If successful this would make MHC-matched stem cell transplantation less toxic. ..
- Gene Modified Donor T Cell Infusion into Mixed ChimerasGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, this study could translate into improved control of the GVH reaction and improved survival after allogeneic HCT. ..
- PROGENITORS FOR ERYTHROCYTIC & MEGAKARYOCYTIC LINEAGESWILLIAM SLAYTON; Fiscal Year: 2003..Slayton's research progress. In this rich and supportive environment, Dr. Slayton will gain the experience necessary to contribute to the understanding of the early cellular and molecular events in megakaryopoiesis. ..
- Vaccine efficacy post related and unrelated HCTTrudy Small; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- OPTIMIZING RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR NON HODGKIN'S LYMPHOMAAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these interventions will ultimately enhance the prognosis for patients with relapsed lymphoma by increasing the response and survival rates, while simultaneously minimizing toxicities. ..
- DLI using genetically modified T cells: Phase 1 trialJohn Dipersio; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- WT1 Expression in Patients with MDS Treated with ATG an*H Deeg; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RESTENOSIS AND ENDOTHELIAL PROLIFERATIONDouglas Losordo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Together these studies will result in a better understanding of the mechanisms, which govern EC recovery at sites of balloon injury and may lead to novel therapeutic strategies targeting endothelial recovery. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF HUMAN MELANOMA METASTASISRakesh Singh; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that the knowledge gained from these studies will identify new therapeutic targets for inhibiting the ligand binding and/or signal transduction events and the development of therapeutics for malignant melanoma. ..
- Proteasome Inhibition in Myelodysplastic SyndromesJane Liesveld; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will define a potential therapeutic role for bortezomib in MDS and will aid in understanding the hematopoietic stem cell in these disorders. ..
- Defibrotide for the treatment of severe hepatic veno-cc*Paul Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- MGMT-Mediated in vivo Selection in a Large Animal ModelHans Peter Kiem; Fiscal Year: 2006..These experiments will provide a platform for studies using gene-modified allogeneic stem cells to improve nonmyeloablative transplant strategies. ..
- ANTIGEN SPECIFIC T CELL TOLERANCE BY ANTI CD3 ANTIBODIESClaudio Anasetti; Fiscal Year: 2006..2) Select for low avidity CD3 ligands which induce apoptosis of antigen-activated T cell but no pathogenicity. 3) Define signaling pathways which activate T cell apoptosis in response to CD3 ligation. ..
- CD200 Expression on Apoptotic DCs and Immune ToleranceROBERT TRUITT; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will also provide new insight into a novel molecular pathway that is a target for enhancement of antitumor immunity and for prevention of graft rejection. ..
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO IMPROVE AND EXTEND PLATELET STORAGESherrill Slichter; Fiscal Year: 2001....