Genomes and Genes
cord blood stem cell transplantation
Summary: Transplantation of STEM CELLS collected from the fetal blood remaining in the UMBILICAL CORD and the PLACENTA after delivery. Included are the HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLS.
Publications284 found, 100 shown here
- Human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells attenuate hyperoxia-induced lung injury in neonatal ratsYun Sil Chang
Department of Pediatrics, Samsung Medical Center, Kangnam Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Cell Transplant 18:869-86. 2009..In conclusion, intratracheal transplantation of human UCB-derived MSCs is more effective than intraperitoneal transplantation in attenuating the hyperoxia-induced lung injury in neonatal rats...
- Central nervous system entry of peripherally injected umbilical cord blood cells is not required for neuroprotection in strokeCesar V Borlongan
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912 3200, USA
Stroke 35:2385-9. 2004..Here, we examined whether neuroprotection by systemically delivered human umbilical cord blood (HUCB) cells was dependent on their entry into the central nervous system in a rodent model of acute stroke...
- Outcomes after transplantation of cord blood or bone marrow from unrelated donors in adults with leukemiaMary J Laughlin
Case Comprehensive Cancer Center and University Hospitals of Cleveland Ireland Cancer Center, Cleveland, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2265-75. 2004..Data regarding the outcome of cord-blood transplantation in adults are scant, despite the fact that these grafts are increasingly used in adults...
- Umbilical cord blood transplantation: the first 25 years and beyondKaren K Ballen
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Blood 122:491-8. 2013..Umbilical cord blood is being compared with other graft sources in both retrospective and prospective trials. The growth of the field over the last 25 years and the plans for future exploration are discussed. ..
- Umbilical cord blood transplantation after nonmyeloablative conditioning: impact on transplantation outcomes in 110 adults with hematologic diseaseClaudio G Brunstein
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis MN, USA
Blood 110:3064-70. 2007..01) and use of 2 UCB units (P = .07). These findings support the use of UCB after a nonmyeloablative conditioning as a strategy for extending the availability of transplantation therapy, particularly for older patients...
- Conversion of human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells in Wharton's jelly to dopaminergic neurons in vitro: potential therapeutic application for ParkinsonismYu Show Fu
155 Sec 2, Li Nung Street, 112, Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Stem Cells 24:115-24. 2006..4 mm both rostrally and caudally. These results suggest that human umbilical mesenchymal stem cells have the potential for treatment of Parkinson's disease...
- A new human somatic stem cell from placental cord blood with intrinsic pluripotent differentiation potentialGesine Kogler
Institute for Transplantation Diagnostics and Cell Therapeutics, Heinrich Heine University Medical Center, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Exp Med 200:123-35. 2004..No tumor formation was observed in any of these animals...
- Immune reconstitution after double umbilical cord blood stem cell transplantation: comparison with unrelated peripheral blood stem cell transplantationCaron A Jacobson
Division of Hematologic Malignancies, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 18:565-74. 2012..There is no increased risk of relapse, suggesting that graft-versus-leukemia activity is maintained. Early reconstitution of B cells and NK cells may, in part, account for these findings...
- Human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells prevent diabetic renal injury through paracrine actionJong Hee Park
Department of Bioinspired Science, Division of Life and Pharmaceutical Science, College of Pharmacy, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 98:465-73. 2012..The present study examined renoprotective effect of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells (hUCB-MSC) in diabetes. NRK-52E cells were utilized to determine the paracrine effect of hUCB-MSC...
- Anti-HLA antibodies in double umbilical cord blood transplantationClaudio G Brunstein
Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program, University of Minnesota, 420 Delaware Street, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:1704-8. 2011..Further studies are needed to fully understand the value of anti-HLA antibody testing in dUCB graft selection and its impact on transplantation outcomes...
- Results of the Cord Blood Transplantation Study (COBLT): clinical outcomes of unrelated donor umbilical cord blood transplantation in pediatric patients with hematologic malignanciesJoanne Kurtzberg
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Blood 112:4318-27. 2008..4% and 49.5%. Unrelated donor cord blood transplantation from partially HLA-mismatched units can cure many children with leukemias. The study was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00000603...
- Adult dual umbilical cord blood transplantation using myeloablative total body irradiation (1350 cGy) and fludarabine conditioningJunya Kanda
Adult Stem Cell Transplant Program, Division of Cellular Therapy, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:867-74. 2011..This study supports the use of TBI 1350 cGy/Flu as an alternative to conventional myeloablative conditioning for dual UCB transplantation...
- Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for hematologic malignancy: relative risks and benefits of double umbilical cord bloodClaudio G Brunstein
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Blood 116:4693-9. 2010..For patients without an available HLA matched donor, the use of 2 partially HLA-matched UCB units is a suitable alternative...
- Human umbilical cord blood cells do not improve sensorimotor or cognitive outcome following transient middle cerebral artery occlusion in ratsSusanna Mäkinen
Department of Neuroscience and Neurology, University of Kuopio, P O Box 1627, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Brain Res 1123:207-15. 2006..The present study suggests that HUCB cells do not improve functional recovery or histological outcome in MCAO rats after systemic administration because of limited migration of cells in the ischemic brain...
- Transplant outcomes in acute leukemia. IIRachael Hough
University College London, London, United Kingdom
Semin Hematol 47:51-8. 2010....
- Transplantation of umbilical-cord blood in babies with infantile Krabbe's diseaseMaria L Escolar
Program for Neurodevelopmental Function in Rare Disorders, Clinical Center for the Study of Development and Learning, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill 27599 7255, USA
N Engl J Med 352:2069-81. 2005..We compared the outcomes among these newborns with the outcomes among infants who underwent transplantation after the development of symptoms and with the outcomes in an untreated cohort of affected children...
- Human cord blood transplantation in a neonatal rat model of hypoxic-ischemic brain damage: functional outcome related to neuroprotection in the striatumPedro M Pimentel-Coelho
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, Instituto de Ciências Biomédicas and Programa de Terapia Celular, UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Stem Cells Dev 19:351-8. 2010..We suggest that HUCB transplantation might rescue striatal neurons from cell death after a neonatal HI injury resulting in better functional recovery...
- Transplant outcomes in bone marrow failure syndromes and hemoglobinopathiesMargaret L Macmillan
Division of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology, and Blood and Marrow Transplantation, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Semin Hematol 47:37-45. 2010....
- Successful tandem (autologous-cord blood) SCT in advanced neuroblastomas with highly amplified MYCNK Goi
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Yamanashi, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 46:835-9. 2011..Severe acute complications did not occur in any patient and they have maintained disease-free survival for 37-60 months. This strategy appears to be feasible and effective for the treatment of extremely high-risk neuroblastoma cases...
- Influence of infused cell dose and HLA match on engraftment after double-unit cord blood allograftsSharon Avery
Department of Medicine, Adult Bone Marrow Transplantation Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Blood 117:3277-85; quiz 3478. 2011..0001). Our findings have important implications for unit selection and provide further insight into double-unit biology...
- Hematopoietic stem cell-engrafted NOD/SCID/IL2Rgamma null mice develop human lymphoid systems and induce long-lasting HIV-1 infection with specific humoral immune responsesSatoru Watanabe
Department of Virology, Division of Medical Science, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Blood 109:212-8. 2007..Thus, the hNOG mice mirror human systemic HIV infection by developing specific antibodies, suggesting that they may have potential as an HIV/AIDS animal model for the study of HIV pathogenesis and immune responses...
- Hematopoietic cell transplantation for children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in second complete remission: similar outcomes in recipients of unrelated marrow and umbilical cord blood versus marrow from HLA matched sibling donorsAngela R Smith
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Blood and Marrow Transplantation, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:1086-93. 2009....
- Derivation of lung epithelium from human cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cellsViranuj Sueblinvong
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:701-11. 2008..Human umbilical cord blood contains both hematopoietic and nonhematopoietic stem cells, which have been used clinically as an alternative to bone marrow transplantation for hematologic malignancies and other diseases...
- An overview of the progress on double umbilical cord blood transplantationAnastasia Sideri
Stem Health Hellas, Hygeia Hospital, 4 Er Stavrou and Kifisias Avenue, Athens, Greece
Haematologica 96:1213-20. 2011..We present here a brief overview of the clinical experience on double umbilical cord blood transplantation and its underlying biology...
- High-resolution HLA matching in double-umbilical-cord-blood reduced-intensity transplantation in adultsMeghan Delaney
Puget Sound Blood Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Transfusion 49:995-1002. 2009..Double-cord-blood transplantation (DCBT) offers an option for patients receiving reduced-intensity transplants. These unique transplants have two donors, both of whom are usually HLA mismatched at one to two loci...
- Disease-specific analyses of unrelated cord blood transplantation compared with unrelated bone marrow transplantation in adult patients with acute leukemiaYoshiko Atsuta
Department of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Data Management, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Higashi ku Nagoya, Japan
Blood 113:1631-8. 2009..For patients with AML, decreasing mortality, especially in the early phase of transplantation, is required to improve the outcome for CB recipients...
- Unrelated cord blood transplantation for severe combined immunodeficiency and other primary immunodeficienciesC Diaz de Heredia
Department of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:627-33. 2008..No patient is intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg) replacement therapy-dependent. UCB transplantation is a valid option for children with PID who lack an HLA-identical sibling donor...
- Human umbilical cord blood cells: a new alternative for myocardial repair?J Leor
Neufeld Cardiac Research Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Cytotherapy 7:251-7. 2005..The use of UCB stem cells might be of importance to elderly and sick people in whom the availability of autologous stem cells is limited...
- Human umbilical cord blood cells protect against hypothalamic apoptosis and systemic inflammation response during heatstroke in ratsWon Shiung Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
Pediatr neonatol 50:208-16. 2009..To extend these findings, we assessed both hypothalamic neuronal apoptosis and systemic inflammatory responses in the presence of HUCBCs or vehicle medium immediately after initiation of heatstroke...
- Delayed immune reconstitution after cord blood transplantation is characterized by impaired thymopoiesis and late memory T-cell skewingKrishna V Komanduri
Department of Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 110:4543-51. 2007..Strategies that improve the engraftment of lymphoid precursors, protect the thymus during pretransplant conditioning, and/or augment the recovery of thymopoiesis may improve outcomes after CBT...
- Disseminated and sustained HIV infection in CD34+ cord blood cell-transplanted Rag2-/-gamma c-/- miceStefan Baenziger
Division of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital Zurich, Raemistrasse 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:15951-6. 2006....
- Unrelated donor hematopoietic cell transplantation: marrow or umbilical cord blood?Satkiran S Grewal
University of Minnesota, 420 Delaware St SE, MMC 477, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 101:4233-44. 2003
- Rat umbilical cord stem cells completely abolish rat mammary carcinomas with no evidence of metastasis or recurrence 100 days post-tumor cell inoculationChanran Ganta
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506, USA
Cancer Res 69:1815-20. 2009..In addition, rUCMS cells cocultured with Mat B III cells had a dose-dependent antiproliferative effect on Mat B III cells. These findings suggest that unmodified human UCMS cells could be used for targeted cytotherapy for breast cancer...
- Cord blood banking for potential future transplantationBertram H Lubin
Pediatrics 119:165-70. 2007....
- Single-institute comparative analysis of unrelated bone marrow transplantation and cord blood transplantation for adult patients with hematologic malignanciesSatoshi Takahashi
Division of Molecular Therapy, The Advanced Clinical Research Center, The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 6 1, Shirokanedai 4, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639 Japan
Blood 104:3813-20. 2004..01, respectively), despite the higher human leukocyte antigen mismatching rate and lower number of infused cells. These data strongly suggest that CBT could be safely and effectively used for adult patients with hematologic malignancies...
- Early infections in adult patients undergoing unrelated donor cord blood transplantationS Saavedra
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Department of Haematology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:937-43. 2002..and the low incidence of and lack of mortality due to CMV disease. This report confirms that infection is a major complication in adults undergoing UD-CBT...
- New approaches for improving engraftment after cord blood transplantationVanderson Rocha
Universite de Paris 7, Hospital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:S126-32. 2010..Those approaches may greatly increase the quality and availability of CB for transplantation...
- Intravenous administration of human umbilical cord blood reduces neurological deficit in the rat after traumatic brain injuryDunyue Lu
Department of Neurosurgery, Henry Ford Health Sciences Center, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cell Transplant 11:275-81. 2002..Some HUCB cells integrated into the vascular walls within the boundary zone of the injured area. Our data suggest that i.v. administration of HUCB may be useful in the treatment of TBI...
- Effect of graft source on unrelated donor haemopoietic stem-cell transplantation in adults with acute leukaemia: a retrospective analysisMary Eapen
Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research, Medical College of Wisconsin, MW, USA
Lancet Oncol 11:653-60. 2010..We aimed to determine the optimal role of UCB grafts in transplantation for adults with acute leukaemia, and to establish whether current graft-selection practices are appropriate...
- Future of cord blood for non-oncology usesG Kogler
Institute for Transplantation Diagnostics and Cell Therapeutics, University of Duesseldorf Medical School, Duesseldorf, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 44:683-97. 2009..By taking advantage of numerous CB units discarded due to lack of sufficient hematopoietic cells for clinical transplantation, new concepts to produce off-the-shelf products are presented as well...
- Donor-specific anti-HLA antibodies predict outcome in double umbilical cord blood transplantationCorey Cutler
Department of Medical Oncology, Division of Hematological Malignancies, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 118:6691-7. 2011..0%, P = .04). We conclude that identification of preformed DSAs in umbilical cord blood recipients should be performed and that the use of umbilical cord blood units where preformed host DSAs exist should be avoided...
- Transplants of umbilical-cord blood or bone marrow from unrelated donors in adults with acute leukemiaVanderson Rocha
Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Paris and Paris University, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 351:2276-85. 2004..Promising results of cord-blood transplants from unrelated donors have been reported in adults...
- Human T cell development in the liver of humanized NOD/SCID/IL-2Rγ(null)(NSG) mice generated by intrahepatic injection of CD34(+) human (h) cord blood (CB) cellsBongkum Choi
Department of Molecular Medicine and Department of Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Clin Immunol 139:321-35. 2011..Taken together, our results demonstrate that the intrahepatic injection of hCD34(+) hCB cells can facilitate human T cell development in the livers of humanized NSG mice...
- Intra-bone marrow injection of bone marrow and cord blood cells: an alternative way of transplantation associated with a higher seeding efficiencySandra Castello
Centro Cellule Staminali e Terapia Cellularee, Universita di Pavia, Italy
Exp Hematol 32:782-7. 2004..However, the problem of seeding efficiency and homing is relevant especially when a limited number of stem cells is available. Intra-bone marrow (IBM) injection of bone marrow cells (BMCs) may overcome this problem...
- Antigen-specific T-lymphocyte function after cord blood transplantationGeoff Cohen
The EMMES Corporation, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:1335-42. 2006..These results indicate that naive T lymphocytes present in the HSC inoculum can contribute to the generation of antigen-specific T-lymphocyte immunity early after transplantation...
- Intraspinal transplantation of CD34+ human umbilical cord blood cells after spinal cord hemisection injury improves functional recovery in adult ratsZong Mao Zhao
National Research Center for Stem Cell Engineering and Technology, State Key Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
Cell Transplant 13:113-22. 2004....
- Cord blood stem cells for hematopoietic transplantationAnfisa Stanevsky
Hematology Division, Chaim Sheba Medical Center and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Stem Cell Rev 7:425-33. 2011..This review summarizes the recent progress in the field of cord blood derived hematopoietic stem cells. It presents the strategies applied and points out directions for the future...
- Improving outcomes of cord blood transplantation: HLA matching, cell dose and other graft- and transplantation-related factorsVanderson Rocha
Department of Haematology, Eurocord Netcord EBMT office, Institut universitaire, Hopital Saint Louis, Universite de Paris 7, 1 av Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Br J Haematol 147:262-74. 2009..This review will focus on the interactions between HLA, cell dose and other modifiable factors related to the UCB unit selection and transplantation that may improve outcomes after UCB transplantation...
- Expansion of human umbilical cord blood SCID-repopulating cells using chromatin-modifying agentsHiroto Araki
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60607, USA
Exp Hematol 34:140-9. 2006....
- The chemokine SDF-1/CXCL12 contributes to the 'homing' of umbilical cord blood cells to a hypoxic-ischemic lesion in the rat brainKatja Rosenkranz
Department of Neuroanatomy and Mol Brain Research, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
J Neurosci Res 88:1223-33. 2010..The reduction of hUCB cells present at the lesion site upon functional inhibition of SDF-1 strengthens the view that the SDF-1/CXCR4 axis is of major importance for cell 'homing'...
- Busulfan produces efficient human cell engraftment in NOD/LtSz-Scid IL2Rgamma(null) miceJun Hayakawa
Molecular and Clinical Hematology Branch, National Institutes of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disorders, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Stem Cells 27:175-82. 2009..1% human RBCs were detectable in the peripheral blood. This long evasive model should prove valuable for the study of human erythroid cells...
- Analysis of risk factors for outcomes after unrelated cord blood transplantation in adults with lymphoid malignancies: a study by the Eurocord-Netcord and lymphoma working party of the European group for blood and marrow transplantationCelso A Rodrigues
Eurocord ARTM Hôpital Saint Louis, 1, Av Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris Cedex 10 France
J Clin Oncol 27:256-63. 2009..To determine risk factors of umbilical cord blood transplantation (UCBT) for patients with lymphoid malignancies...
- Cord blood stem cell transplantation for haemoglobinopathiesFernando O Pinto
Department of Paediatric Haematology, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
Br J Haematol 141:309-24. 2008..Further biological studies and clinical trials are needed to address this aim...
- An in vivo model of double-unit cord blood transplantation that correlates with clinical engraftmentLamis K Eldjerou
Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplantation, Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Blood 116:3999-4006. 2010..Thus, unit dominance is an in vivo phenomenon probably associated with a graft-versus-graft immune interaction mediated by CD34(-) cells...
- Surface-aminated electrospun nanofibers enhance adhesion and expansion of human umbilical cord blood hematopoietic stem/progenitor cellsKian Ngiap Chua
Division of Bioengineering and NUSNNI, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117576, Singapore
Biomaterials 27:6043-51. 2006..This study highlights the potential of a biomaterials approach to influence the proliferation and differentiation of HSPCs ex vivo...
- Unrelated cord blood transplantation for childhood acute myeloid leukemia: a Eurocord Group analysisGerard Michel
Eurocord Registry Hospital Saint Louis AP HP, Department of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation and Clinical Research Laboratory on Cell Therapy, Paris University 7, 1 Ave Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris, France
Blood 102:4290-7. 2003..5 months compared with 50% +/- 12% in later relapses). We conclude that UCBT is a therapeutic option for children with very poor-prognosis AML and who lack an HLA-identical sibling...
- The effect of human cord blood therapy on the intestinal tract of lethally irradiated mice: possible use for mass casualtiesEdouard I Azzam
Department of Radiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Int J Radiat Biol 86:467-75. 2010..To evaluate the recovery of the gastrointestinal tract in lethally irradiated mice treated with human cord blood and antibiotics...
- Stem cell therapy for autismThomas E Ichim
Medistem Laboratories Inc, Tempe, Arizona, USA
J Transl Med 5:30. 2007..Additionally, anecdotal clinical cases have reported responses in autistic children receiving cord blood CD34+ cells. We propose the combined use of MSC and cord blood CD34+cells may be useful in the treatment of autism...
- Differences in quality between privately and publicly banked umbilical cord blood units: a pilot study of autologous cord blood infusion in children with acquired neurologic disordersJessica Sun
Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Program and the Carolinas Cord Blood Bank, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Transfusion 50:1980-7. 2010..Most CB units (CBUs) were electively stored in private CB banks. Unlike public banks, which utilize specific criteria and thresholds for banking, private banks generally store all collected CBUs...
- In vivo DPP-4 inhibition to enhance engraftment of single-unit cord blood transplants in adults with hematological malignanciesSherif S Farag
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Stem Cells Dev 22:1007-15. 2013..Systemic DPP-4 inhibition was well tolerated and may enhance engraftment. Optimizing sitagliptin dosing to achieve more sustained DPP-4 inhibition may further improve outcome...
- Long-term (postnatal day 70) outcome and safety of intratracheal transplantation of human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells in neonatal hyperoxic lung injurySo Yoon Ahn
Department of Pediatrics, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Irwon dong, Gangnam Gu, Seoul 135 710, Korea
Yonsei Med J 54:416-24. 2013....
- Umbilical cord blood transplantation and cytomegalovirus: Posttransplantation infection and donor screeningMaria S Albano
National Cord Blood Program, New York Blood Center, 310 E 67 St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 108:4275-82. 2006..Saliva culture for CMV had both false-positive and -negative results. CB-PCR was a useful alternative for detecting CMV in CB donors...
- Successful treatment of refractory advanced nasal NK/T cell lymphoma with unrelated cord blood stem cell transplantation incorporating focal irradiationYasuo Mori
Medicine and Biosystemic Science, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Int J Hematol 91:107-11. 2010....
- The intracoelomic route: a new approach for in utero human cord blood stem cell transplantationGiuseppe Noia
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Fetal Diagn Ther 19:13-22. 2004..This preliminary study indicates that intracoelomic transplantation of human hematopoietic stem cells in fetal lambs is feasible and effective in terms of hematopoietic engraftment...
- Successful engraftment following HLA-mismatched cord blood transplantation for patients with anti-HLA AbsK Kataoka
Bone Marrow Transplant 42:129-30. 2008
- Dimethyl sulfoxide-induced toxicity in cord blood stem cell transplantation: report of three cases and review of the literatureGuillermo J Ruiz-Delgado
Centro de Hematologia y Medicina Interna de puebla, Laboratorios Clinicos de Puebla, Puebla, Mexico
Acta Haematol 122:1-5. 2009..Two of the 3 cases had a dismal prognosis. A brief review of the literature is presented...
- Late infectious complications after cord blood stem cell transplantationN G Almyroudis
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 28:1405-8. 2009..We retrospectively reviewed patients who underwent cord blood stem cell transplantation at Roswell Park Cancer Institute for hematological malignancies and who survived beyond day 100 for ..
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation using umbilical cord blood progenitors: review of current clinical resultsA I Benito
Hematology Oncology Department and Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Niño Jesús Children s Hospital, Autonomous University, Madrid, Spain
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:675-90. 2004..A concise review of the clinical results achieved after related and unrelated CBT is presented and discussed...
- Umbilical cord blood transplantation--how, when and for whom?Yossi Cohen
Institute of Hematology, Bone Marrow Transplantation and Cord Blood Bank, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Ramat Gan 52621, Israel
Blood Rev 18:167-79. 2004....
- Non-haematological uses of cord blood stem cellsDavid T Harris
Department of Immunobiology, The University of Arizona, and Scientific Director, Cord Blood Registry, 1656 E Mabel, MRB 221, PO Box 245221, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Br J Haematol 147:177-84. 2009..A summary of the initial results from such clinical studies using autologous cord blood stem cells will be presented...
- Factors associated with outcomes of unrelated cord blood transplant: guidelines for donor choiceEliane Gluckman
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit and Eurocord Registry, Laboratory of Clinical Research on Cell Therapy, Saint Louis Hospital AP HP University Paris VII, Paris, France
Exp Hematol 32:397-407. 2004..Optimizing cord blood donor selection based mainly on cell dose and human leukocyte antigen (HLA) disparities may further improve results of unrelated cord blood transplants (UCBT)...
- Successful engraftment of mismatched unrelated cord blood transplantation following reduced intensity preparative regimen using fludarabine and busulfanTsunehiko Komatsu
Department of Hematology, Tsukuba Memorial Hospital, Tsukuba, Japan
Ann Hematol 86:49-54. 2007..When disease progression is controlled by the preparative regimen, RI-CBT carries a clinically significant graft-vs-tumor effect. Further studies are required to identify patients who benefit from this regimen...
- Unrelated cord blood transplantation after myeloablative conditioning in adults with ALLJ Ooi
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 43:455-9. 2009..2%. The 5-year cumulative incidence of TRM and relapse was 3.7 and 27.4%, respectively. These results suggest that unrelated CBT after myeloablative conditioning could be safely and effectively used for adult patients with ALL...
- Adult recipients of umbilical cord blood transplants after nonmyeloablative preparative regimensNelson J Chao
Division of Cellular Therapy BMT, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 10:569-75. 2004..This result provides a basis for further exploring this potentially curative approach to selected patients who lack matched related or unrelated hematopoietic stem cell donors...
- Cord blood transplantation and stem cell regenerative potentialYanling Liao
Department of Pediatrics, New York Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children s Hospital, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Exp Hematol 39:393-412. 2011..In this review, we will summarize the most recent updates on clinical applications of cord blood transplantation and the promises and limitations of cell-based therapies for tissue repair and regeneration...
- Transplantation of human umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cells improves survival rates in a rat model of acute hepatic necrosisLing ling Shi
Clinical Laboratory, Dongguan Blood Center, Guangdong, People s Republic of China
Am J Med Sci 342:212-7. 2011..This study is aimed to evaluate the effects of human umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cell (HUCBMSC) transplantation in acute hepatic necrosis (AHN)...
- Is there an impact of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors and KIR-ligand incompatibilities on outcomes after unrelated cord blood stem cell transplantation?Roel Willemze
Department of Hematology, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 23:283-90. 2010..Therefore, the role of natural killer (NK) cell alloreactivity in UCBT is far from clear. It is too early to use a donor-recipient KIR(-ligand) algorithm for selection of a cord blood donor...
- Umbilical cord transplantation: epilogueHal E Broxmeyer
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5181, USA
Semin Hematol 47:97-103. 2010..Rigorous investigations and close interactions between scientific and clinical investigators are required to translate human in vitro and animal in vivo findings into clinical utility...
- Busulfan/melphalan/antithymocyte globulin followed by unrelated donor cord blood transplantation for treatment of infant leukemia and leukemia in young children: the Cord Blood Transplantation study (COBLT) experienceDonna A Wall
Texas Transplant Institute, Southwest Texas Methodist Hospital, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:637-46. 2005....
- Lack of migration and neurological benefits after infusion of umbilical cord blood cells in ischemic brain injuryMałgorzata Zawadzka
Laboratory of Transcription Regulation, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Warsaw, Poland
Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 69:46-51. 2009..Infusion of HUCBC did not reduce infarct volume and did not improve neurologic deficits after MCAo, suggesting that HUCBC failed to migrate/survive in the ischemic brain and did not provide significant neurological benefits...
- Influence of human leucocyte antigen disparity and graft lymphocytes on allogeneic engraftment and survival after umbilical cord blood transplant in adultsWillem J van Heeckeren
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Br J Haematol 139:464-74. 2007....
- Human umbilical cord blood cell therapy blocks the morphological change and recruitment of CD11b-expressing, isolectin-binding proinflammatory cells after middle cerebral artery occlusionChristopher C Leonardo
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Neurosci Res 88:1213-22. 2010....
- Searching for alternative hematopoietic stem cell donors for pediatric patientsV Rocha
Acute Leukaemia Working Party, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:207-14. 2008....
- Cord blood transplantation from unrelated donors in adults with high-risk acute myeloid leukemiaJaime Sanz
Department of Hematology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:86-94. 2010..These results show that CBT from unrelated donors is a curative treatment for a substantial number of patients with high-risk AML, particularly if transplant is performed with highly cellular units in patients in first CR...
- Hematopoietic engraftment in recipients of unrelated donor umbilical cord blood is affected by the CD34+ and CD8+ cell dosesSeitaro Terakura
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan Tokai Cord Blood Bank, Nagoya, Japan
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:822-30. 2007..These results suggest that consideration of CD34(+) and CD8(+) cell doses in UCB units may improve the engraftment in recipients of UCB transplantation...
- Low relapse without excessive transplant-related mortality following myeloablative cord blood transplantation for acute leukemia in complete remission: a matched cohort analysisJonathan A Gutman
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington Medicine and Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:1122-9. 2009..These data support increased investigation of the use of CBT...
- Single centre experience of umbilical cord stem cell transplantation for primary immunodeficiencyA Bhattacharya
Paediatric Immunology Department, Newcastle General Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:295-9. 2005..Two patients died of multi-organ failure related to pre-existing infection and inflammatory complications respectively. UCSCT should be considered for patients requiring stem cell therapy for PID...
- Human umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells for the treatment of acute myocardial infarctionRobert J Henning
Department of Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cell Transplant 13:729-39. 2004..As a consequence, LV function measurements, determined by LV ejection fraction, wall thickening, and dP/dt, are significantly greater than the same measurements in rats with untreated infarctions...
- Expanding the role of umbilical cord blood transplantationClaudio G Brunstein
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Br J Haematol 137:20-35. 2007..This article reviews the state of the art and future directions with umbilical cord blood as a source of haematopoietic stem cells for transplantation in both children and adults...
- Pediatric related and unrelated cord blood transplantation for malignant diseasesV Rocha
Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 44:653-9. 2009..This review will analyze the current results of CBT for pediatric patients with malignant diseases and the advantages and limitations of using this stem cell source...
- Second transplant with two unrelated cord blood units for early graft failure after cord blood transplantation for thalassemiaTang Her Jaing
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Pediatr Transplant 13:766-8. 2009..All are alive, between nine and 11 months after retransplant. Our group reported successful utilization of double umblical cord blood grafts in thalassemia patients with early GF...
- State of the art review: HLA matching and outcome of unrelated donor umbilical cord blood transplantsNaynesh Kamani
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1-6. 2008
- Successful umbilical cord blood stem cell transplantation for chronic granulomatous diseaseA Bhattacharya
Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals, NHS Trust, University of New Castle upon Tyne, UK
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:403-5. 2003..A year post-transplant, his colitis had resolved clinically and on radioisotope scan growth has improved. Neutrophil oxidative burst was 92% normal with full donor lymphocyte reconstitution...
- Localized donor cells in brain of a Hunter disease patient after cord blood stem cell transplantationKen Araya
Department of Pediatrics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Genet Metab 98:255-63. 2009..We treated a 6-year-old male suffering from a severe type of Hunter disease with cord blood stem cell transplantation (CBSCT); however, he died at 10 months post-therapy due to a laryngeal post-transplantation ..
- Ocular complications in a child with acute graft-versus-host disease following cord blood stem cell transplantation: therapeutic challengesMiki Uchino
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 84:545-8. 2006..accompanied by an extensive corneal ulcer with acute graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) after cord blood stem cell transplantation (CBSCT)...
- Intravenous administration of human umbilical cord blood cells in a mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: distribution, migration, and differentiationSvitlana Garbuzova-Davis
Center of Excellence for Aging and Brain Repair and Department of Neurosurgery, University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 12:255-70. 2003..Most likely, cord blood efficacy is partially due to neuroprotection by modulation of the autoimmune process...
- Unrelated donor umbilical cord blood transplantation for inherited metabolic disorders in 159 pediatric patients from a single center: influence of cellular composition of the graft on transplantation outcomesVinod K Prasad
Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Blood 112:2979-89. 2008..1%-85.3%) in patients with high (80-100) performance score. In multivariate analysis, favorable factors for OS were high pretransplantation performance status, matched donor/recipient ethnicity, and higher infused colony forming units...
- Immunogenicity of umbilical cord tissue derived cellsPatricia S Cho
Transplantation Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Blood 111:430-8. 2008....
- Intravenous versus intrastriatal cord blood administration in a rodent model of strokeA E Willing
Department of Neurosurgery, Center for Aging and Brain Repair, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, USA
J Neurosci Res 73:296-307. 2003..In addition, intravenous delivery may be more effective than striatal delivery in producing long-term functional benefits to the stroked animal...
- Double unrelated reduced-intensity umbilical cord blood transplantation in adultsKaren K Ballen
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:82-9. 2007..Our findings indicate that adult patients can tolerate double UBC transplantation well and achieve sustained antitumor responses using this reduced-intensity conditioning regimen...
- A meta-analysis of unrelated donor umbilical cord blood transplantation versus unrelated donor bone marrow transplantation in adult and pediatric patientsWilliam Ying Khee Hwang
Department of Hematology, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608, Republic of Singapore
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:444-53. 2007..Thus, our meta-analysis confirmed that UCBT in children and adults had consistently equivalent survival outcomes compared with UBMT despite greater donor-recipient HLA disparity with UCBT...
- Cord Blood Stem Cell Transplantation, HemoglobinopathiesJOHN HEARST; Fiscal Year: 2003..provided by T-cell depletion and Amotosalen photochemically treated T-cell supplements in providing a safer alternative to conventional cord blood stem cell transplantation (which does not include PCT T-cell supplements).
- MCC Cord Blood Stem Cell Transplantation StudyShelly Carter; Fiscal Year: 2001..The purpose of this program is to accelerate and oversee clinical research in the rapidly emerging use of umbilical cord blood in place of marrow for transplantation. ..
- Influence of maternal antigens on transplant rejectionGilles Benichou; Fiscal Year: 2009..The implications of the NIMA effect for a variety of applications are numerous, and include cord blood stem cell transplantation, cadaveric organ transplantation as well as in non-transplant fields such as autoimmunity, and ..
- Non-Myeloablative Cord Blood TransplantationNelson Chao; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Nonablative AlloSCT in Refractory Autoimmune DiseaseMitchell Cairo; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- CHEMOKINES/CYTOKINES AND RECEPTORS IN STEM CELL HOMINGHal Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies should clarity the relevance of SDF-1 and CXCR4 for homing/engraftment and mobilization of primary stem/progenitor cells. ..
- ACTIVITY OF EXPANDED GAMMA/DELTA T CELLSMichael Verneris; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, the candidate will acquire the skills to secure a faculty position as a pediatric bone marrow transplantation clinical-scientist...
- A Novel Autotransplant Protocol for CMLMarcos de Lima; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- First Int'l Symposium on Childhood and Adolescent NHLMitchell Cairo; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Role of IL-17 in Recruitment of Adult Stem Cells to LungDaniel Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will serve as a basis for more detailed investigations into mechanisms of recruitment and phenotypic conversion of adult marrow stem cells into airway epithelial cells. ..
- Vaccination with Regulatory T Cell DepletionMichael Morse; Fiscal Year: 2007..Future studies will assess whether the greater magnitude and durability of the CEA-specific immune responses will translate into a long-term clinical benefit. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Engineered Hematopoietic Cell Self-renewal and DeathLarry Lasky; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition to marrow replacement, the cells may be usable for the production of other cells and tissues, especially given recent discoveries regarding stem cell plasticity. ..
- Northern California Consortium for Sickle Cell DiseaseMark Walters; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- NATIONAL GENE VECTOR LABORATORY AT INDIANA UNIVERSITYKenneth Cornetta; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Gastrointestinal Recovery after RadiationGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Minor H Antigen Regulatory Networks as an Alternative to Calcineurin Inhibitors iWILLIAM BURLINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Marrow-Derived Stem Cell Remodeling of Aged Emphysematous LungsDaniel Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Platelet Recovery After RadiationGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The CXCR4-SDF-1 Axis in Metastatic RhabdomyosarcomaMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work will be of relevance for designing strategies to block the SDF-1-CXCR4 axis to treat CXCR4-positive cancers. ..
- T Cell Reconstitution After Allogeneic SCTKrishna Komanduri; Fiscal Year: 2009..3. To determine whether GVHD and its treatment impair thymopoiesis and the function of antigen-specific memory T cells in SCT recipients. ..
- Virus Specific CTL following T cell depleted SCTKenneth Lucas; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- CORE GRANT FOR VISION RESEARCHMartin Friedlander; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- OPTIMIZING BMT FOR CANCER BY GENETIC MATCHING OF DONORSEffie Petersdorf; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- IMMUNE REGULATION IN LUNG TRANSPLANTATIONWILLIAM BURLINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will determine how the sensitivity, specificity, and predictive value of each test would be clinically useful in the management of lung transplant patients. ..
- Gene Modified Donor T Cell Infusion into Mixed ChimerasGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, this study could translate into improved control of the GVH reaction and improved survival after allogeneic HCT. ..
- KIDNEY TRANSPLANTATION & NON-INHERITED MATERNAL ANTIGENSWILLIAM BURLINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our goal is to establish the basis for a rational approach to HLA-matching and selective NIMA mismatching to achieve the goal of clinical kidney transplantation tolerance. ..
- DONOR-DRIVEN REGULATION IN HUMAN ALLOGRAFT ACCEPTANCEWILLIAM BURLINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our goal is to develop a working model of how donor-derived leukocytes and the antigens they release contribute to a tonic equilibrium between host T regulator and effector cells in human allograft acceptance. ..
- The Impact of Outcomes on Transplant Center ChoiceDavid Howard; Fiscal Year: 2004..Using these estimates, we will simulate the impact of changes in survival rates on market shares for the groups of patients mentioned above. ..
- SNPs in Lung Cancer Risk and Therapeutic ResponseEffie Petersdorf; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Cytokines for Immune Protection from Acute IrradiationGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2005..The secondary endpoint is immune reconstitution. Upon study completion, we will have identified the optimal cytokine treatment and the highest dose of TBI that can be reliably survived without HSC support. ..
- DEXASOME BASED IMMUNOTHERAPY OF LUNG CANCERMichael Morse; Fiscal Year: 2002..This clinical trial will form the background for further trials designed to demonstrate both immunology and clinical benefits of dexosome-based immunotherapy. ..
- Induction of Stable Chimerism for Sickle Cell AnemiaMark Walters; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this novel approach will expand the availability of HCT for patients with clinically significant hemoglobinopathies. ..
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BASIS OF HIV BASED THROMBOCYTOPENMariusz Ratajczak; Fiscal Year: 2002..In toto, the studies proposed in this grant will increase the knowledge about pathogenesis of AIDS associated thrombocytopenia and may lead to development of new strategies for its treatment of prevention. (End of Abstract) ..
- Cord Blood Cells in ALS: Replacement of Protection?Svitlana Garbuzova Davis; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study may provide the basis for developing a novel, non-invasive therapy, easily accessed by ALS patients. ..
- Immunosupression-Resistant Gene Modified Donor T CellsGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results from these studies have the strong potential to be directly translated to future gene therapy clinical trials. ..
- GENE MODIFIED T-CELLS FOR ENGRAFTMENT AND GVHD CONTROLGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will test if donor CTL specific for host minor histocompatibility antigens can convert mixed to complete donor chimerism. If successful this would make MHC-matched stem cell transplantation less toxic. ..
- SPINAL CORD REPAIR WITH HUMAN UMBILICAL CORD BLOOD CELLSSamuel Saporta; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Stem Cells and Cellular Therapies in Lung Biology and Lung DiseasesDaniel Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fragments of TrpRS to Treat Neovascular Eye DiseasesMartin Friedlander; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Reconstitution of Protective CMV Immunity and Immune Regulation After HAARTAdriana Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..These analyses will define the role of TREG in the inadequate CMV immune reconstitution of HAART recipients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ex Vivo Expansion of Cord Blood Progenitor CellsColleen Delaney; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Disclosing Conflict of Interest to Research ParticipantsJeremy Sugarman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Damage signaling from irradiated to non-irradiated cellsEDOUARD AZZAM; Fiscal Year: 2004..They are also relevant to diagnostic and therapeutic nuclear medicine where radionuclides are being investigated to detect various diseases and treat cancer. ..