Genomes and Genes
Summary: Surgical removal of the thymus gland. (Dorland, 28th ed)
Publications290 found, 100 shown here
- Transsternal thymectomy for myasthenia gravis: surgical outcomeHassan Kattach
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 81:305-8. 2006Transsternal thymectomy is well established in the treatment of myasthenia gravis. Surgical strategy and patient selection, however, remain controversial...
- Thymectomy in early childhood: significant alterations of the CD4(+)CD45RA(+)CD62L(+) T cell compartment in later lifeMartina Prelog
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatrics I, Medical University Innsbruck, Anichstr 35 A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Clin Immunol 130:123-32. 2009..In TP, there was an inverse correlation between naive T cells and chronological age (p<0.001) or time post thymectomy (p<0.001). TP demonstrated lower TREC numbers in naive T cells compared to HD (p<0.001)...
- Evidence of premature immune aging in patients thymectomized during early childhoodDelphine Sauce
Infections and Immunity, INSERM UMRS 945, Avenir Group, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, UPMC University of Paris 06, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 119:3070-8. 2009..Overall, our data highlight the importance of the thymus in maintaining the integrity of T cell immunity during adult life...
- Treatment of autoimmune myasthenia gravisDavid P Richman
University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Neurology 61:1652-61. 2003..slow tapering of the corticosteroids along with the use of "steroid-sparing" agents, which include azathioprine, thymectomy, and possibly mycophenolate. Therapy usually begins with cholinesterase inhibitors...
- The discovery of thymus function and of thymus-derived lymphocytesJ F A P Miller
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, P O Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Immunol Rev 185:7-14. 2002..It required a re-evaluation of many immunological phenomena, such as tolerance, memory and autoimmunity, and it was followed by an avalanche of work elucidating many of the mysteries of the immune system...
- Immune system and bone metabolism: Does thymectomy influence postmenopausal bone loss in humans?Patrizia D'Amelio
Department of Internal Medicine, Research University of Torino, Italy
Bone 39:658-65. 2006..Among them are TNF alpha and IL-7. The present study investigates the role of thymectomy (THX) and IL-7 in bone metabolism in humans...
- Age-associated increase in lifespan of naive CD4 T cells contributes to T-cell homeostasis but facilitates development of functional defectsHirotake Tsukamoto
Trudeau Institute, Saranac Lake, NY 12983, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:18333-8. 2009..We suggest that the intrinsic increase in longevity helps maintain naïve T-cell homeostasis but facilitates the development of functional defects in mice...
- Thymectomy and antimuscle antibodies in nonthymomatous myasthenia gravisFredrik Romi
Department of Neurology, Haukeland University Hospital, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Ann N Y Acad Sci 998:481-90. 2003The clinical effect of thymectomy in early- and late-onset myasthenia gravis (MG) and the correlation to MG severity, pharmacological treatment, and antimuscle antibodies were examined in two series of consecutive acetylcholine receptor (..
- Impact of thymectomy on the peripheral T cell pool in rhesus macaques before and after infection with simian immunodeficiency virusSarah Tuttleton Arron
Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10016, USA
Eur J Immunol 35:46-55. 2005..as in the numbers of TCR excisional circles--a recently described marker for recent thymic emigrants--following thymectomy, we present evidence that surgical thymectomy in juvenile macaques results in a faster decay of peripheral CD4(+)..
- Comparison of surgical techniques for early-stage thymoma: feasibility of minimally invasive thymectomy and comparison with open resectionArjun Pennathur
Heart, Lung, and Esophageal Surgery Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 141:694-701. 2011..The objective of the present study was to evaluate the feasibility of VATS thymectomy for the treatment of early-stage thymoma and to compare the outcomes with those after open resection.
- Longitudinal analysis of immune function in the first 3 years of life in thymectomized neonates during cardiac surgeryE Mancebo
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Clin Exp Immunol 154:375-83. 2008The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effects of neonatal thymectomy in the functional capacity of the immune system...
- Thymectomy in early childhood: a model for premature T cell immunosenescence?Manuela Zlamy
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatrics I, Medical University Innsbruck, Austria
Rejuvenation Res 12:249-58. 2009..This review demonstrates that, despite some limitations, childhood thymectomy may serve as an useful model for premature immunosenescence, mimicking changes expected after physiological ..
- Comparison between the right side and subxiphoid bilateral approaches in performing video-assisted thoracoscopic extended thymectomy for myasthenia gravisC P Hsu
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, 160, Section 3, Taichung Kang Road, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Surg Endosc 18:821-4. 2004This study aimed to compare the efficacy of the right thoracoscopic (RtT) approach and the subxiphoid bilateral thoracoscopic (SxBiT) approach in performing thymectomy for myasthenia gravis.
- Clinical outcome of video-assisted thymectomy for myasthenia gravis and thymomaThirugnanam Agasthian
National Cancer Center, 11 Hospital Drive, Singapore
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 18:234-9. 2010We reviewed our experience of video-assisted thoracoscopic thymectomy for myasthenia gravis and thymomas in 119 patients, aged 12-83 years, who were treated between 1998 and 2007...
- Preliminary results of VATS thymectomy for pediatric myasthenia gravisKetan Parikh
Tara Neo Surg Hospital, C 5 Satyam Shopping Centre, MG Road, Ghatkopar E, Mumbai, 400077, India
Pediatr Surg Int 27:595-8. 2011..b>Thymectomy has not been a popular option among treating clinicians...
- Unilateral thoracoscopic subtotal thymectomy for the treatment of stage I and II thymomaMakoto Odaka
Department of Surgery, Jikei University School of Medicine, Minatoku, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 37:824-6. 2010The purpose of this study was to determine the feasibility of thoracoscopic thymectomy for the treatment of Masaoka stage I and II thymoma.
- Chronic post-sternotomy painE Kalso
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 45:935-9. 2001..The aim of this paper was to study the incidence and possible risk factors of chronic pain following sternotomy operations performed for coronary bypass grafting or thymectomy.
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery versus robotic-assisted thoracoscopic surgery thymectomyFlorian Augustin
Clinical Department of General and Transplant Surgery, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Ann Thorac Surg 85:S768-71. 2008
- A combination of total intravenous anesthesia and thoracic epidural for thymectomy in juvenile myasthenia gravisOliver Bagshaw
Department of Anaesthesia, Birmingham Children s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Paediatr Anaesth 17:370-4. 2007..The majority of patients demonstrate thymic hyperplasia and have been shown to benefit from thymectomy. The main considerations for the anesthesiologist are the degree of muscle weakness, the muscle groups involved ..
- Graded response to thymectomy in children with myasthenia gravisMolly M Tracy
Division of Neurology, Children s Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
J Child Neurol 24:454-9. 2009Response to thymectomy in children with juvenile myasthenia gravis was evaluated using severity and response to therapy rating scales and objective measures of hospital, intensive care, and intubation days, prethymectomy and ..
- Thymectomy for myasthenia gravis: a 27-year experienceF Venuta
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 15:621-4; discussion 624-5. 1999b>Thymectomy is considered an effective therapeutic option for patients with myasthenia gravis (MG). We reviewed our 27-year experience with surgical treatment of MG with respect to long-term results and factors affecting outcome.
- Surgery for multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1-associated primary hyperparathyroidismJ Waldmann
Department of Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Br J Surg 97:1528-34. 2010..It is uncertain which operative procedure provides the best outcome with regard to long-term normocalcaemia...
- Exogenous IL-7 increases recent thymic emigrants in peripheral lymphoid tissue without enhanced thymic functionYu Waye Chu
Experimental Immunology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, NIH, Bldg 10, Rm 4B14, 10 Center Dr, Bethesda, MD 20892 1360, USA
Blood 104:1110-9. 2004....
- Predictors of outcome in thymectomy for myasthenia gravisJ M Budde
Joseph B. Whitehead Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 72:197-202. 2001BACKGROUND: Factors determining predictability of response to thymectomy for myasthenia gravis (MG) vary in the literature...
- Differential effect of neonatal thymectomy on systemic and organ-specific autoimmune diseaseHarini Bagavant
Health Sciences Center, Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Int Immunol 14:1397-406. 2002b>Thymectomy on day 3 after birth (d3tx) depletes CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells leading to multiple independent organ-specific autoimmune diseases...
- Long-term restoration of the human T-cell compartment after thymectomy during infancy: a role for thymic regeneration?Rogier van Gent
Department of Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 118:627-34. 2011b>Thymectomy during early childhood is generally thought to have serious consequences for the establishment of the T-cell compartment...
- Different pathological phenotypes of autoimmune gastritis induced by neonatal thymectomy between BALB/c and (BALB/c x DBA/2) F1 mice: role of eosinophils in hypertrophic autoimmune gastritisMasato Fujii
Department of Life Science, Niigata University Graduate School of Science and Technology, Niigata, Japan
J Gastroenterol 42:433-43. 2007..The aim of this study was to clarify the mechanism of gastric hypertrophy in murine AIG, especially in relation to inflammatory cells infiltrating the gastric mucosa...
- Experience with programmed steroid treatment with thymectomy in nonthymomatous myasthenia gravisShunsuke Endo
Division of General Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical School, Kawachi gun, Tochigi
Ann Thorac Surg 77:1745-50. 2004The benefit of thymectomy in myasthenia gravis management is recognized but the perioperative course can fluctuate...
- Thymectomy should be the first choice in the protection of diabetes-prone BB rats for breeding purposesJeroen Visser
Department of Cell Biology, Immunology Section, University of Groningen, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV, Groningen, The Netherlands
Lab Anim 38:371-5. 2004..by the transfer of regulatory T cells obtained from diabetes-resistant (DR)-BB rats, by insulin treatment or by thymectomy. Thymectomy of juveniles is not commonly used to protect DP-BB rats, and we investigated whether breeding with ..
- Inclusion of the transcervical approach in video-assisted thoracoscopic extended thymectomy (VATET) for myasthenia gravis: a prospective trialN Shigemura
Department of Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, E1, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Surg Endosc 20:1614-8. 2006Because evidence-based data regarding the quality of video-assisted thoracoscopic thymectomy for the treatment of myasthenia gravis are lacking, a prospective trial comparing three different operative approaches was conducted to evaluate ..
- Ectopic thymic tissue in the mediastinum: limitations for the operative treatment of myasthenia gravisWiesława Klimek-Piotrowska
Department of Anatomy, Jagiellonian University Collegium Medicum, Cracow, Poland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 42:61-5. 2012..The aim of the study was to investigate the distribution of ectopic thymic tissue in the mediastinum and to evaluate the possible relevance of this distribution to the therapeutic yield of thymectomies in patients with myasthenia gravis...
- Survival after extended thymectomy for thymomaMiki Sakamoto
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 41:623-7. 2012..Thymoma is a relatively rare tumour and is uniquely associated with autoimmune diseases such as myasthenia gravis (MG). However, the factors involved in the prognosis of thymoma remain under discussion...
- Ancient T-independence of mucosal IgX/A: gut microbiota unaffected by larval thymectomy in Xenopus laevisS Mashoof
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, USA
Mucosal Immunol 6:358-68. 2013..We have employed larval thymectomy in Xenopus to study the gut microbiota with and without the influence of T lymphocytes...
- Limited thymectomy for stage I or II thymomasTakuya Onuki
Department of Chest Surgery, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Science, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Lung Cancer 68:460-5. 2010..However, little is known about the clinical outcome of grossly encapsulated thymomas excised only with the surrounding tissue while leaving a part of the thymic gland...
- Outcomes after thymectomy in class I myasthenia gravisTommaso Claudio Mineo
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Multidisciplinary Myasthenia Gravis Unit, Policlinico Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 145:1319-24. 2013The role of extended thymectomy in the treatment of class I myasthenia gravis is still controversial. This study compared the long-term outcomes of operated and nonoperated patients allocated according to their will.
- Is thymectomy necessary in nonmyasthenic patients with early thymoma?Yen Chiang Tseng
Department of Surgery, Division of Thoracic Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, National Yang Ming University School, Taipei, Taiwan
J Thorac Oncol 8:952-8. 2013In thymoma patients without myasthenia gravis, it is debatable whether thymectomy should be performed in addition to thymomectomy, the procedure in which the thymoma alone is resected...
- Experience with the "da Vinci" robotic system for thymectomy in patients with myasthenia gravis: report of 33 casesFederico Rea
Division of Thoracic Surgery, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 81:455-9. 2006..Our initial experience in applying robotic-assisted technologies for the treatment of myasthenia gravis (MG) in patients without thymoma is reported...
- Myasthenia gravis appearing after thymectomy for thymomaKazuya Kondo
Department of Oncological and Regenerative Surgery, Institute of Health Biosciences, University of Tokushima Graduate School, Kuramoto Cho, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 28:22-5. 2005..However, the cause of this is not yet known because of the rarity of postoperative MG patients. This study evaluated the clinical characteristics of the 8 postoperative MG patients...
- Multiple Langerhans cell nodules in an incidental thymectomyLea Novak
Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35233, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:218-20. 2003..the finding of multiple small Langerhans cell nodules in the thymus of an 11-month-old infant who had undergone thymectomy in the course of surgical correction of tetralogy of Fallot...
- Learning curve in videothoracoscopic thymectomy: how many operations and in which situations?Alper Toker
Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical School, Department of Thoracic Surgery, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 34:155-8. 2008..We aimed to analyze the learning curve of a surgeon in videothoracoscopic thymic surgery for myasthenia gravis...
- T-cell and natural killer cell development in thymectomized XenopusJ D Horton
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Durham, UK
Immunol Rev 166:245-58. 1998The Xenopus early-thymectomy model system is used to investigate the extent to which the thymus controls T-cell development and to probe the evolution of natural killer (NK) cells...
- Myasthenia gravisNicholas J Silvestri
Department of Neurology, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo General Medical Center, Buffalo, New York 14203, USA
Semin Neurol 32:215-26. 2012..b>Thymectomy is a key component of management in appropriately chosen MG patients and those with thymoma...
- Immune dysregulation after cardiothoracic surgery and incidental thymectomy: maintenance of regulatory T cells despite impaired thymopoiesisNancy J Halnon
Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Clin Dev Immunol 2011:915864. 2011b>Thymectomy is performed in infants during cardiothoracic surgery leaving many patients with reduced thympopoiesis. An association between immune disorders and regulatory T cells (Treg) after incidental thymectomy has not been investigated...
- Malignant thymic carcinoid is not prevented by transcervical thymectomy in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1J R Burgess
Department of Diabetes, Royal Hobart Hospital, Tasmania, Australia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 55:689-93. 2001..Malignant thymic carcinoid tumours are an uncommon but important manifestation of MEN 1. Transcervical thymectomy is often advocated as prophylaxis against thymic carcinoids, although there is a paucity of evidence to support ..
- Safety for preoperative use of steroids for transsternal thymectomy in myasthenia gravisMarcin Zielinski
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Pulmonary Hospital, Zakopane, Ul Gładkie 1, 34 500 Zakopane, Poland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 26:407-11. 2004Effects of preoperative steroids on morbidity and mortality after transsternal thymectomy are analyzed.
- The role of cervical thymectomy in surgical treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidismM Uludag
Second Department of General Surgery, Sisli Etfal Training and Research Hospital, Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey
Bratisl Lek Listy 112:385-9. 2011..Parathyroid glands are frequently found in the thymus. We aimed to investigate the frequency of inferior parathyroid glands, and supernumerary glands located in the thymus in our series of renal hyperparathyroidism...
- Steroid treatment for myasthenia gravis: steroids are overutilizedMichael H Rivner
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Muscle Nerve 25:115-7. 2002
- Early experience with robot-assisted surgery for mediastinal massesJohannes Bodner
Department of General and Transplant Surgery, Innsbruck University Hospital, Innsbruck, Austria
Ann Thorac Surg 78:259-65; discussion 265-6. 2004..We report the experience of a single institution with the minimally invasive resection of mediastinal masses using the da Vinci robotic surgical system...
- Genetic studies on experimental autoimmune gastritis induced by neonatal thymectomy using recombinant inbred strains between a high-incidence strain, BALB/c, and a low-incidence strain, DBA/2Y Mori
Department of Immunobiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 84:145-52. 1991b>Thymectomy on day 3 after birth induced autoimmune gastritis (AIG) at the age of 2 months in 51-73% of BALB/c mice, and in only 3-5% of DBA/2 mice...
- Aod2, the locus controlling development of atrophy in neonatal thymectomy-induced autoimmune ovarian dysgenesis, co-localizes with Il2, Fgfb, and Idd3C Teuscher
Department of Microbiology, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602, USA
J Exp Med 183:631-7. 1996In genetically susceptible strains of mice, such as A/J and (C57BL/6J x A/J)F1 hybrids, neonatal thymectomy-induced autoimmune ovarian dysgenesis (AOD) is characterized by the development of antiovarian autoantibodies, oophoritis, and ..
- NMO-IgG positive neuromyelitis optica in a patient with myasthenia gravis but no thymectomyClaudia S K Kay
Division of Neurology, Department of Internal Medicine, Universidade Federal do Parana, Curitiba, Brazil
J Neurol Sci 275:148-50. 2008..Serological analysis demonstrated antibodies to acetylcholine receptors as well as NMO-IgG. To our knowledge, this is the first case of NMO-IgG positive NMO in a patient with MG but no history of thymectomy or immunosuppression.
- Does perioperative high-dose prednisolone have clinical benefits for generalized myasthenia gravis?Yasuo Sekine
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 29:908-13. 2006..study was to clarify the clinical benefits of perioperative administration of high-dose prednisolone (PSL) combined with extended thymectomy on the long-term outcomes of 116 consecutive patients with generalized myasthenia gravis (MG).
- Thirteen years follow-up after radical transsternal thymectomy for myasthenia gravis. Do short-term results predict long-term outcome?T Roth
Division of General Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital, 3030 Bern, Switzerland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 21:664-70. 2002..Long-term evaluation of efficacy and quality of life after radical surgical approach for myasthenia gravis (MG). Comparison between short-term follow-up and long-term outcome...
- Thymectomy in myasthenia gravis: response, complications, and associated conditionsJose Maria Remes-Troche
Departamento de Medicina Interna, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, INCMNSZ, Mexico City, Mexico
Arch Med Res 33:545-51. 2002b>Thymectomy is considered the most effective treatment for achieving sustained improvement as well as remission in patients with myasthenia gravis (MG), and most neurologists favor the use of this procedure...
- Safety of complete median sternotomy approach for thymectomyMarcin Zielinski
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 28:504; author reply 504-5. 2005
- Anti-aquaporin-4 antibody-positive definite neuromyelitis optica in a patient with thymectomy for myasthenia gravisKotaro Ogaki
Department of Neurology, Juntendo University Shizuoka Hospital, Izunokuni, Japan
Neurologist 18:76-9. 2012..Recently, a rare coexistence of NMO and myasthenia gravis (MG) has been documented. Here, we provide further evidence of the association of these 2 immunologic disorders and review the literature...
- Analysis of thymectomy for myasthenia gravis in older patients: a 20-year single institution experienceP L Abt
Department of Surgery, The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, NY, USA
J Am Coll Surg 192:459-64. 2001BACKGROUND: Thymectomy has become recognized as an integral element in the care of the patient with myasthenia gravis...
- Extended thymectomy in myasthenia gravis: a team-work of neurologist, thoracic surgeon and anaesthesist may improve the outcomeA Mussi
Cardiac and Thoracic Department, Division of Thoracic Surgery, University of Pisa, Via Paradisa 2, 56124, Pisa, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 19:570-5. 2001We reviewed our overall experience on 163 patients, affected by myasthenia gravis, who underwent thymectomy between 1976 and 1998...
- The utility of routine transcervical thymectomy for multiple endocrine neoplasia 1-related hyperparathyroidismAnathea C Powell
Tumor Angiogenesis Section, Surgery Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Surgery 144:878-83; discussion 883-4. 2008..5 or 4 parathyroid glands and transcervical thymectomy (TCT)...
- Extended trans-sternal thymectomy for myasthenia gravisA Masaoka
Department of Surgery II, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Chest Surg Clin N Am 11:369-87. 2001Otto reported thymectomy under transverse sternotomy. It currently is not a widely used procedure, however...
- Thoracoscopic thymectomy mid-term resultsVictor Tomulescu
Department of General Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Fundeni Clinical Institute, Bucharest, Romania
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1003-7. 2006Results of thymectomy in patients with myasthenia gravis need to be reported in a standardized way to allow accurate comparison.
- Temporary, but essential requirement of CD8+ T cells early in the pathogenesis of diabetes in BB rats as revealed by thymectomy and CD8 depletionHerman Groen
Department of Cell Biology, Immunology Section, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Groningen, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Clin Dev Immunol 10:141-51. 2003..In both strains, thymectomy (Tx) was followed by a decrease in peripheral T cell numbers, which was proportionally larger in BB rats...
- 31P MR spectroscopic assessment of muscle in patients with myasthenia gravis before and after thymectomy: initial experienceSheung Fat Ko
Department of Radiology, Chang Gung University, College of Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Radiology 247:162-9. 2008To prospectively assess muscle metabolism in myasthenia gravis (MG) patients before and after thymectomy by using phosphorus 31 (31P) magnetic resonance (MR) spectroscopy.
- Thymectomy for myasthenia gravis: prognostic factors in 70 patientsManucher Aghajanzadeh
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Razi and Poorsina Teaching Hospital, Guilan University of Medical Sciences, 37 Yalda Building, 100 Street, Golsar Avenue, Rasht, Iran
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 15:371-5. 2007b>Thymectomy has become increasingly accepted as an efficacious procedure for myasthenia gravis, with high rates of complete clinical remission. Predictors of the response to thymectomy for myasthenia gravis vary in the literature...
- Thoracoscopic thymectomy using anterior chest wall lifting methodMitsunori Ohta
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Osaka University, Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 76:1310-1. 2003..This technique conforms to the purpose of endoscopic surgery, as it maximizes the operative field and minimizes chest wall trauma. We have applied this approach to benign mediastinal tumor and stage I thymoma with satisfactory results...
- Extended videoscopic robotic thymectomy with the da Vinci telemanipulator for the treatment of myasthenia gravis: the Vienna experienceTatjana Fleck
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, AKH Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 9:784-7. 2009..Complete endoscopic thymus surgery with the da Vinci surgical system enables a complete and extended resection of all thymic tissue in the mediastinum. Due to the minimal trauma, patients can return to full activity within a short time...
- Thymectomy for non-thymomatous myasthenia gravis: a comparison of surgical methods and analysis of prognostic factorsMong Wei Lin
Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 37:7-12. 2010While thymectomy is an accepted treatment for myasthenia gravis (MG), video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) thymectomy has recently become a popular surgical treatment, especially for non-thymomatous MG (NTMG)...
- Near-infrared fluorescence imaging can help identify the contralateral phrenic nerve during robotic thymectomyOliver J Wagner
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Swedish Medical Center and Cancer Institute, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 94:622-5. 2012Unilateral robotic thymectomy is gaining popularity. Identifying the contralateral phrenic nerve is a key limitation to achieving maximal thymic tissue resection...
- Robotic extended thymectomy for early-stage thymomasAlfredo Mussi
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Cardiac Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 41:e43-6; discussion e47. 2012The aim of this study was to report a single referral centre experience in robotic extended thymectomy for clinical early-stage thymomas, evaluating its safety, feasibility and efficacy, with special regard to oncological outcomes.
- Hybrid combination of small subxiphoid incision and thoracoscopic thymectomy for juvenile myasthenia gravisChou Ming Yeh
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Health, Taichung Hospital, Executive Yuan, Taichung, Taiwan
J Pediatr Surg 46:780-3. 2011Myasthenia gravis is an autoimmune disease that usually responds positively to treatment with thymectomy. Various approaches via video-assisted thoracic thymectomy as a substitute for conventional sternotomy have been reported...
- Long-term follow-up after thymectomy for myasthenia gravis: thoracoscopic vs openAmy J Wagner
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Pediatr Surg 41:50-4; discussion 50-4. 2006The aim of this study was to determine if patients are in remission or weaning off medication after thymectomy for myasthenia gravis (MG) and to examine the thoracoscopic versus open approaches.
- Comparative clinical features and immune responses after extended thymectomy for myasthenia gravis in patients with atrophic versus hyperplastic thymusZhenguang Chen
Department of Thoracic Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, and Department of Immunology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Ann Thorac Surg 91:212-8. 2011Although extended thymectomy is believed to be suitable for myasthenia gravis (MG) patients with hyperplastic thymus, it is not clear whether surgical treatment is indicated for MG patients with atrophic thymus...
- Quantification of thymic function by measuring T cell receptor excision circles within peripheral blood and lymphoid tissues in monkeysD L Sodora
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9113, USA
Eur J Immunol 30:1145-53. 2000..of the thymus in four macaques led to a profound decrease in peripheral blood sjTREC level by 1 year post-thymectomy, indicating the lack of a significant extra-thymic source of peripheral naive T cells in macaques...
- Robot-assisted thymectomy is superior to transsternal thymectomyBenny Weksler
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 200 Lothrop St, PUH C 800, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Surg Endosc 26:261-6. 2012Complete thymectomy is the procedure of choice in the treatment of thymomas and in treating selected patients with myasthenia gravis. Transsternal thymectomy is the gold standard for most patients...
- Frequency of ectopic and supernumerary intrathymic parathyroid glands in patients with renal hyperparathyroidism: analysis of 461 patients undergoing initial parathyroidectomy with bilateral cervical thymectomyRalph Schneider
Department of Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Philipps University Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35043, Marburg, Germany
World J Surg 35:1260-5. 2011..However, routine bilateral cervical thymectomy (BCT) is still discussed, although controversially.
- Video-assisted thymectomy for myasthenia gravis: an update of a single institution experienceMichal Savcenko
Cardiopulmonary Research Science and Technology Institute, 7777 Forest Lane, Suite A323, Dallas, TX 75230, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:978-83. 2002Video-assisted thymectomy was introduced in 1992 as a minimally invasive alternative for the treatment of myasthenia gravis...
- Inhibition of IL-6 overproduction by steroid treatment before transsternal thymectomy for myasthenia gravis: does it help stabilize perioperative condition?S Endo
Division of General Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical School, Minamikawachi Machi, Tochigi, Japan
Eur J Neurol 12:768-73. 2005..Overproduction of interleukin (IL)-6 plays an important role in the pathophysiology of myasthenia gravis (MG), and thymectomy can cause myasthenic crisis because of surgically induced overproduction of IL-6...
- Thoracoscopic thymectomy for myasthenia gravis with and without thymoma: a single-center experienceLei Yu
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing City, China
Ann Thorac Surg 93:240-4. 2012The treatment of patients with myasthenia gravis (MG) may include thymectomy. The objective of this study was to analyze the outcome of video-assisted thoracoscopic surgical (VATS) extended thymectomy and to compare characteristics of ..
- Bilateral video-assisted thoracoscopic thymectomy vs. extended transsternal thymectomy in myasthenia gravis: a prospective studyP C Chang
Department of Surgery, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Eur Surg Res 37:199-203. 2005The optimal approach to thymectomy remains controversial...
- Video-assisted thoracic surgery thymectomy: the better approachCalvin S H Ng
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong SAR, China
Ann Thorac Surg 89:S2135-41. 2010Minimally invasive video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) thymectomy has evolved significantly over the last decade. The most common indication for VATS thymectomy is the treatment of myasthenia gravis (MG)...
- The impact of HLA on long-term outcome after thymectomy for myasthenia gravisA Machens
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 88:177-81. 1998..with myasthenia gravis, the only factors predictive of improvement in muscular strength after transsternal thymectomy were preoperative severity of myasthenia (90% versus 54%, p = 0.0014) and HLA-B8 (79% versus 50%, p = 0...
- Autoimmunity during thymectomy-induced lymphopenia: role of thymus ablation and initial effector T cell activation timing in nonobese diabetic miceMarie Claude Gagnerault
INSERM Unité 561, Rene Descartes University, Saint Vincent de Paul Hospital, Paris, France
J Immunol 183:4913-20. 2009Autoimmune diseases develop in selected normal mouse strains when thymectomy (Tx) is performed at 3 days of age (d3-Tx)...
- Thymectomy for myasthenia gravis: 12-year experienceRana S Singh
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160 012, India
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 11:299-303. 2003b>Thymectomy has been shown to be effective in the treatment of myasthenia gravis...
- For neonates undergoing cardiac surgery does thymectomy as opposed to thymic preservation have any adverse immunological consequences?Ahmed Afifi
Department of Paediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London WC1N 3JH, UK
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 11:287-91. 2010..The question addressed was whether neonatal thymectomy in patients undergoing cardiac surgery has any adverse immunological consequences...
- The effect of thymectomy and IL-1 on memory: implications for the relationship between immunity and depressionCai Song
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, 2255 Westbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 2A1
Brain Behav Immun 16:557-68. 2002..In this paper, the relationships between thymectomy, increased IL-1 levels, and changes in corticosterone and neurotransmitter concentrations in rats are discussed, ..
- Different age-related effects of thymectomy in myasthenia gravis: role of thymoma, zinc, thymulin, IL-2 and IL-6E Mocchegiani
Immunology Center, Section Nutrition, Immunity and Aging, Gerontological Research Department Nino Masera, Italian National Research Centers on Aging INRCA, Via Birarelli 8, 60121, Ancona, Italy
Mech Ageing Dev 117:79-91. 2000..immune pathogenetic mechanisms in myasthenia gravis (MG) have been suggested because of restoration after thymectomy (Tx) of altered zinc, thymulin (TH) and T-cell subsets exclusively in early-onset patients (younger <50 years)..
- Phase II study of a multidisciplinary approach with induction chemotherapy, followed by surgical resection, radiation therapy, and consolidation chemotherapy for unresectable malignant thymomas: final reportEdward S Kim
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery, Radiation Therapy, Pathology, Radiology, and Biostatistics, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Lung Cancer 44:369-79. 2004..To evaluate tumor resectability after induction chemotherapy and to determine disease-free and overall survival rates of patients with locally advanced unresectable thymoma that received a multimodal treatment regimen...
- Comparative clinical outcomes of thymectomy for myasthenia gravis performed by extended transsternal and minimally invasive approachesDan M Meyer
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 8879, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 87:385-90; discussion 390-1. 2009Both transsternal and video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) approaches are used for thymectomy in myasthenia gravis...
- Thymectomy for inducing remission in juvenile myasthenia gravisIain A M Hennessey
Alder Hey Children s Hospital, Liverpool, UK
Pediatr Surg Int 27:591-4. 2011The aim of this study was to determine the efficacy of thymectomy to induce remission in juvenile myasthenia gravis.
- Comparison of complete remission rates after 5 year follow-up of three different techniques of thymectomy for myasthenia gravisMarcin Zielinski
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Pulmonary Hospital, Ul Gładkie 1, 34 500, Zakopane, Poland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 37:1137-43. 2010This study aims to analyse the effectiveness of treatment of myasthenia gravis with three different techniques of thymectomy.
- A comparison of long-term post-thymectomy outcome of anti-AChR-positive, anti-AChR-negative and anti-MuSK-positive patients with non-thymomatous myasthenia gravisJosé M Ponseti
Unit of Myasthenia Gravis, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Hospital General Universitari Vall d Hebron, Department of Surgery, Barcelona, Spain
Expert Opin Biol Ther 9:1-8. 2009A single-centre, non-randomized, non-controlled study was designed to compare the long-term post-thymectomy clinical outcome in anti-AChR-positive, anti-AChR-negative and anti-MuSK-positive patients with non-thymomatous myasthenia gravis (..
- Anesthesia for thymectomy in children with myasthenia gravisMichelle C White
Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, Bristol, UK
Paediatr Anaesth 14:625-35. 2004
- Extended thymectomy in patients with myasthenia gravis with high thoracic epidural anesthesia aloneYoshio Tsunezuka
Department of General and Cardiothoracic Surgery, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Takaramachi 13 1, Kanazawa 920 8641, Japan
World J Surg 28:962-5: discussion 965-6. 2004Successful extended thymectomy was performed in three patients with myasthenia gravis under only high thoracic epidural anesthesia with voluntary breathing...
- Beneficial effects of plasmapheresis before thymectomy on the outcome in myasthenia gravisTakeshi Nagayasu
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Translational Medical Sciences, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 53:2-7. 2005Since 1980, we have performed plasmapheresis before thymectomy for patients with generalized symptoms in order to protect against myasthenic crisis and to improve patient outcomes after thymectomy...
- Remifentanil and high thoracic epidural anaesthesia: a successful combination for patients with myasthenia gravis undergoing transsternal thymectomyD Mekis
Eur J Anaesthesiol 22:397-9. 2005
- Total intravenous anesthesia with propofol and remifentanil for video-assisted thoracoscopic thymectomy in patients with myasthenia gravisJu Mei Ng
Anesth Analg 103:256-7. 2006
- Delayed postoperative arousal following remifentanil-based anesthesia in a myasthenic patient undergoing thymectomyAnis S Baraka
Anesthesiology 100:460-1. 2004
- Minimally invasive video-assisted subtotal parathyroidectomy with thymectomy for secondary hyperparathyroidismUmut Barbaros
Department of Surgery, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:451-5. 2009..Bilateral cervical exploration is optimal for patients with sHPT. The aims of this clinical trial are to evaluate the feasibility of video-assisted subtotal parathyroidectomy as an alternative surgical treatment for sHPT...
- Thymectomy in the treatment of ocular myasthenia gravisP F Roberts
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of California, Davis, Sacramento 95817, Calif, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 122:562-8. 2001b>Thymectomy is an effective and accepted treatment for myasthenia gravis, but thymectomy for ocular myasthenia gravis (Osserman stage I) is controversial.
- [Propofol anesthesia combined with thoracic epidural anesthesia for thymectomy for myasthenia gravis--a report of eleven cases]S Abe
Division of Anesthesia, Tokyo Metropolitan Fuchu Hospital, Fuchu 183-0042
Masui 50:1217-20. 2001We report 11 cases of thymectomy for myasthenia gravis using propofol and thoracic epidural anesthesia...
- Thymoma: a review of the clinical and pathological findings in 65 casesBrita Sperling
Department of Pathology, Royal University Hospital, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Sask
Can J Surg 46:37-42. 2003....
- CD8aa+ Cells and Ovarian FunctionsYAHUAN LOU; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, athymic nude female mice are infertile, and thymectomy leads to ovarian dysfunctions. However, it remains unclear how the thymus participates in ovarian functions...
- Development of Animal Models of Anti-MuSK MyastheniaDavid P Richman; Fiscal Year: 2011..However, data have accumulated demonstrating that many of these treatments, e.g. cholinesterase inhibitors, thymectomy and immunoglobulin infusion, are minimally effective...
- Local Generation of Regulatory T Cells to Retinal AntigenDALE SANNES GREGERSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..or inhibition of the activity of regulatory T cells, by deficiency in IL-2, CD25, FoxP3, or aire, or b neonatal thymectomy, may result in widespread catastrophic autoimmunity mediated by T cells whose targets include tissues of the eye...
- 12th International Conference on Myasthenia Gravis and Related DisordersGil I Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2012..models of neuromuscular disease, MG treatment updates, congenital and Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndromes, and thymectomy and the MGTX trial...
- Recent Thymic Emigrants of the CD4 T-cell LineageDAVID BRAM LEWIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 4 will define the kinetics of loss of PTK7+ CD4 RTEs in children and adults following complete thymectomy and the impact of this loss on naive CD4 T-cell numbers and 12- TCR repertoire diversity...
- Recent Thymic Emigrants of the CD4 T-cell LineageDavid Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aim 4 will define the kinetics of loss of PTK7+ CD4 RTEs in children and adults following complete thymectomy, and will determine how this loss impacts na[unreadable]ve CD4 T-cell number, sjTREC content, and [unreadable][..
- Regulatory T Cell-Deficient Mouse Model Rapidly Develops Sjogren's SyndromeShyr Te Ju; Fiscal Year: 2010..Day 3 post-natal thymectomy induces sialoadenitis in a few strains studied, presumably by removing salivary gland antigen-specific ..
- Thymectomy in Non-Thymomatous MG Patients on PrednisoneGary Cutter; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The MGTX is a multi-center, single-blind, randomized study comparing thymectomy to no thymectomy in non-thymomatous myasthenia gravis (MG) patients receiving prednisone...
- Specialized Center of Research in Systemic Lupus Erythe*Shu Man Fu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The identification of crossreactive T cells is a major advance in the understanding of this process. Two 3-day thymectomy models to study the role of CD25+ regulatory T cells have been developed...
- Evaluation of thymus function in lentivirus diseaseLawrence Mathes; Fiscal Year: 2009..Among the these changes is the surprising observation that thymectomy (ThX) of adult cats subsequently infected with FIV led to a rapid loss of virus-specific cytolytic T cell ..
- AUTOREACTIVITY TO AChR IN THE THYMUS OF MG PATIENTSSonia Berrih Aknin; Fiscal Year: 2004..in the pathogenesis of MG: 50 percent of patients show thymic hyperplasia and 15 to 20 percent a thymoma; thymectomy is an efficient treatment for many patients...
- INFERTILITY AND OVARIAN AUTOIMMUNITYCory Teuscher; Fiscal Year: 1993..the phenotypic expression of infertility associated with POF through the use of the murine model of day three thymectomy (D3Tx) induced AOD...
- VIIITH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MYASTHENIA GRAVISAUDREY PENN; Fiscal Year: 1992..Myasthenia is known to be characterized by a pathological thymus. Thymectomy is an accepted and very effective therapy...
- Thymectomy in Non-Thymomatous MG Patients on PrednisoneCamilla Buckley; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Thymectomy has been used world-wide to treat non-thymomatous MG, based on retrospective non-randomized studies...
- Cardiac Transplantation in InfancyJeffrey Platt; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Project 3 "T cell responses and cardiac transplantation in infancy," the questions of whether thymectomy and T cell depletion cause changes in the structure or function of the T cell compartment, and whether these ..
- Strategy for Rescuing Primary Thymic Stromal FailureDong Ming Su; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, the source of a safe, stable, and effective donor thymus becomes a problem because thymectomy during cardiothoracic surgery will cause profound problems in the donor's immune system...
- IMMUNOMODULATORY STRATEGIES IN AUTOIMMUNE GASTRITISMICHELE KOSIEWICZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..Neonatal thymectomy (Tx-3) in BALB/c mice induces an autoimmune gastritis that markedly resembles human pernicious anemia...
- Prednisone Ocular Myasthenia Gravis Trial Planning GrantMark Kupersmith; Fiscal Year: 2004..the risk of overall disability, Myasthenic crises, hospitalizations, and costly invasive therapies such as thymectomy and plasmaphoresis...
- ICOS-B7h in Islet Transplant Rejection and AutoimmunityAndrew Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2004..mice treated with anti-ICOS based therapies] by donor and third party islet and skin graft rechallenge, by thymectomy, or by following the fate of donor-specific T cells in TCR-transgenic models...
- Thymectomy and Immunity in Congenital Heart DiseaseNancy Halnon; Fiscal Year: 2009The long term impact of thymectomy during the period of immunologic maturation in early childhood has not been investigated...
- CONSEQUENCES OF THYMIC ATROPHY INDUCED BY TCDD AND E2Allen Silverstone; Fiscal Year: 2000..Whether thymic atrophy is essential to disease induction, will be explored by pre and post-exposure thymectomy, as well as by determining the minimal doses needed to induce the pathology associated markers.
- CONTRIBUTION OF THE THYMUS TO SIV PATHOGENESISLinqi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2003..the decay of alpha1 circle concentration in the peripheral blood following surgical removal of the thymus (thymectomy), the intrinsic thymic output can be calculated...
- PHENOTYPIC ANALYSES OF RECENT THYMIC EMIRGRANTS IN MICEPamela Fink; Fiscal Year: 2005..The resulting population of GFP(hi) peripheral T cells are RTEs because they disappear within one week of thymectomy. Preliminary analyses of GFP(hi) peripheral T cells from RAG2pGFP transgenic mice indicate that RTEs undergo a ..
- AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE AND NEONATAL TOLERANCECory Teuscher; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Adult neonatal thymectomized (NTx) mice develop, depending upon the day of thymectomy, a spectrum of autoimmune phenomenon ranging from autoantibodies (DOTX and D3Tx) and wasting disease (DOTx) to ..
- Developmental Pathobiology of Lymphocyte Fcy ReceptorsRichard Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2003..a) have prominent abnormalities of T- and B-lymphopoiesis, b) develop large numbers of circulating, adult-thymectomy-sensitive, CD8+ cells that express FcgR; c) exhibit a profound and selective impairment of primary antibody ..
- T CELL TURNOVER IN HIV INFECTED CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTSStuart Starr; Fiscal Year: 1999..the role of the thymus in turnover of naive and memory CD4 and CD8 cells, children who as infants underwent thymectomy during cardiac surgery and age-matched healthy children will be studied using the same methods as those used for ..
- T CELL SUBLINEAGESR Bucy; Fiscal Year: 1991..Although TCR3 cells develop late in ontogeny, neonatal thymectomy does not alter the relative frequency of TCR3 cells...
- Regulatory T cells in Systemic Lupus ErythematosusHarini Bagavant; Fiscal Year: 2007..Tung's lab was studying the loss of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cell function induced by neonatal thymectomy between days 1-4 after birth (d3tx) as a cause of organ specific autoimmune disease. In addition, Drs...
- Autoimmunity and Pathogenesis of GlomerulonephritisHarini Bagavant; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, a model of accelerated SLE induced by thymectomy on day 3 of life (d3tx) has been established in NZM2328...
- Autoimmune Oophoritis: Consequences of Gamete VaccinesKenneth Tung; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specifically, we will determine the immunogenetic regulation of the immune response to CP2, and the influence of the B cell epitope specificity of the ZP Ab on the induction of progenic AOD. ..
- T cell compartment dynamics following thymectomyBrenda Ogle; Fiscal Year: 2008..My proximal goal will be to learn how the T cell compartment of human infants changes in response to thymectomy and T cell depletion carried out at the time of cardiac surgery in infancy...
- Phase II Therapeutic Trial of Mexiletine Richard J Barohn; Fiscal Year: 2010..These secondary measures will be quantified by lndividual Neuromuscular Quality of Life (INQOL), SF-36 (adults), SF-10 (children), grip myotonia, physical exam, and electrophysiological testing, respectively. ..
- DESIGN OF NOVEL IMMUNOGENS AND ADJUVANTS FOR HIV VACCINEBarton Haynes; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- VIRAL INDUCED COSTIMULATORY MOLECULES AND ASTHMADavid Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2001..They may also point out means by which manipulation of co-stimulatory interactions could be exploited therapeutically in the treatment or prophylaxis of allergen-induced asthma. ..
- APPLIED GENOMICS IN CARDIOPULMONARY DISEASE--EDUCATIONALLAN GOLDSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..These latter activities generate new collaborators at other medical centers who will be prepared to query the Hopkins database. ..
- Heparan Sulfate-TLR in Health, Injury and ImmunityJeffrey Platt; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research will determine how toll-like receptors function in the generation of T cell independent and T cell dependent B cell responses. ..
- 11th International Myasthenia Gravis MeetingRICHARD BAROHN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antipsychotic effects on N-acetyl aspartate in rat brainDiana Lindquist; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such studies will make MRS a useful tool for the determination of both drug type and dose response in patients with psychiatric illnesses. ..
- Erythropoietin receptors in breast cancerMURAT ARCASOY; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Dendritic Cells in Salivary Mucosal Immune ResponsesNANCY O SULLIVAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- International Conference on the Non-Dystrophic MyotoniasRICHARD BAROHN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NCRR FACSAria Cell SorterBarton Haynes; Fiscal Year: 2004..Advisory committees, institutional support, financial support for continued maintenance, and management plans are in place to insure that the instrument will be fully and appropriately utilized. ..
- HEPARAN SULFATE IN CELLULAR IMMUNITY AND GRAFT REJECTIONJeffrey Platt; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will use allo- and xenotransplant models. ..
- Regulation of murine neonatal Th2 functionREBECCA D ADKINS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This idea is supported by our findings that the function of peripheral CD4+ cells in neonates resembles that of RTE in adults. ..